PDA

View Full Version : Is One Piece manga getting boring?

DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA
March 08, 2008, 11:31 AM
With all the Camie and Hatchan thing its could be or is well clear that the next Arc will be on fishman island.

I personally dont think its getting boring but with the TB Arc starting at the best best Place where Ace and BB fought and finally got see Dragon and Garp, it was actually rather disappointing, then after luffy findg out about his brother being in danger, another Arc started again that probebly has nothing to do with Ace's case and only God knows how long this Arc will last.

What do you think?

is it going the way you want it to or not?

marte1980
March 08, 2008, 11:50 AM
I think that Luffy needs to get stronger and aquire some other Gear form which can make him capable of fighting Logia users. Going to save Ace will probably be stongly connected with fighting Blackbeard and Luffy isn't still strong enough to do it.

Sorata
March 09, 2008, 11:26 AM
One Piece is not getting boring, but Oda allways show us future hints before big arcs, like:
Mihawk meeting Shanks and Dragon´s appearence(before Baroque works arc).
The Shichibukai meeting at Marijoa and the letter from Shanks to WB(before Sky Pea arc).
Don Flamingo killing Bellamy and talking about a new age without dreams, and Aokiji meeting Luffy(before Water7+CP9 arc)
Shanks meeting Wb, Ace vs BB and Luffy metting Garp and knowing about the New World, the 4 emperors and Dragon(before Thriller Bark arc)
And now we know about Ace being arrested and being at the edge of death(before the mermans arc).

But don´t worry this arc will last at least 2 years(100 chapters), during the arc we won´t anything about the outter world(4 emperors, Dragon, Ace or BB), but still the arc will be inovative and better than the last one, because that´s what Oda sensei is all about:)

marte1980
March 09, 2008, 08:31 PM
One Piece is not getting boring, but Oda allways show us future hints before big arcs, like:
Mihawk meeting Shanks and Dragon´s appearence(before Baroque works arc).
The Shichibukai meeting at Marijoa and the letter from Shanks to WB(before Sky Pea arc).
Don Flamingo killing Bellamy and talking about a new age without dreams, and Aokiji meeting Luffy(before Water7+CP9 arc)
Shanks meeting Wb, Ace vs BB and Luffy metting Garp and knowing about the New World, the 4 emperors and Dragon(before Thriller Bark arc)
And now we know about Ace being arrested and being at the edge of death(before the mermans arc).

But don´t worry this arc will last at least 2 years(100 chapters), during the arc we won´t anything about the outter world(4 emperors, Dragon, Ace or BB), but still the arc will be inovative and better than the last one, because that´s what Oda sensei is all about:)
I hope you're wrong! 100 chapters for the fishmen arc is way too much. I'd give it at most 40-50 chapters.

Sorata
March 09, 2008, 09:51 PM
I hope you're wrong! 100 chapters for the fishmen arc is way too much. I'd give it at most 40-50 chapters.

I don´t think so, that´s the amount of chapters of the big ars(Baroque Works, Sky Piea and Water7+Cp9), and since this will be a big arc(Thriller Bark was a small arc) i think it will have at least 100 chapters.

marte1980
March 09, 2008, 11:55 PM
I don´t think so, that´s the amount of chapters of the big ars(Baroque Works, Sky Piea and Water7+Cp9), and since this will be a big arc(Thriller Bark was a small arc) i think it will have at least 100 chapters.
What I mean is that I hope it won't be a big arc.IMO it should be an arc of 40-50 chapters and then the story should go on with the "save Ace" arc. I can wait 40-50 chapters to see what will happen to Ace, but 100 is too much. And there's that doctor Vegapunk, who I wish to hear more of, so I hope that the story will focus on that too not too far away from now. He(or one of his disciples) may join the crew and discover something interesting to power up Luffy. To make a long story short, there are too many things I want the story to focus on, to waste 100 chapters on the fishmen arc.
Besides, Impel Down is situated underwater, so the entire fishmen arc may well be something like an intro to that arc.

mugen
March 10, 2008, 12:02 AM
one piece is never boring..you just find it boring when you don't know what is gonna happen, unlike say *coughnarutoandbleach*

Endo Kenji
March 10, 2008, 02:18 AM
Luffy made clear that Ace is no baby and can handle his own things. Why does everyone want Impel Down Saving Private Ace Arc. I mean it is Oda, He will surprise us. Just be open for that instead of focusing only on Impel down. The Story won´t go like you want.

That´s what I love about it.

bakashijinsan
March 10, 2008, 05:29 AM
One Piece is never boring!! But I just wish the Merman Arc be a small arc like Thriller bark Arc.

lordHokage
March 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
One Piece is never boring, it’s the complete opposite of boring. To appreciate to One Piece manga, one must have some knowledge in the history of real life pirates to know that their life was full of adventure. I love One Piece and I can’t get enough of it. :D

Endo Kenji
March 10, 2008, 10:45 AM
Instead of many, I´d would like the Mermaid Island to be around 100 chapters. It Seems really interesting and it would be a great long last adventure in the 1st half of the Grand Line.

XD And then to be thinking that the original planning was to finish his manga in 5 years. Oda has the advantage to be so young so if he would say:

`Timmy stop screwing my SBS, I´ve got a freaking new idea in my head!`

`Doskoi Panda Pampers?`

´A new adventure!´

´Chopaahman pampers?`

Oda: IGNORES!

He could fit in a extra arc if he wanted to do that. n.n

Sorata
March 10, 2008, 03:00 PM
Instead of many, I´d would like the Mermaid Island to be around 100 chapters. It Seems really interesting and it would be a great long last adventure in the 1st half of the Grand Line.

XD And then to be thinking that the original planning was to finish his manga in 5 years. Oda has the advantage to be so young so if he would say:

`Timmy stop screwing my SBS, I´ve got a freaking new idea in my head!`

`Doskoi Panda Pampers?`

´A new adventure!´

´Chopaahman pampers?`

Oda: IGNORES!

He could fit in a extra arc if he wanted to do that. n.n

Indeed, Oda has only 30 or 31 so he is still very young for a mangaka, so he can make wathever he want with One Piece without worry.

Absolutio
March 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
lol.. good to know that you're worried for his health and life-lasting... :p

weixiaobao
March 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
well, i think the latest arc is a set up for something bigger install.. so just wait and hope that we all going to be surprise..

HikaruYami
March 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
I honestly believe that the Fishman Island arc will be short. They've been talking about going for a while, but I don't think they'll stay on that one island, no matter how large, much longer than say, Arlong Park. They'll probably get really distracted with something. I think they could be in the area at most, say, 80 chapters. But no more than 40 will be spent ON Fishman Island. Even though the first many chapters didn't take place in the Grand Line at all, I think Oda is almost as anxious as his audience for Luffy to clear that halfway mark. He won't make us wait a full 2 years after seeing it.

Razh
March 15, 2008, 05:47 AM
40 chapters? That would be too much. Besides Oda can't drag this again after TB. We fucking deserve to know about the big incident, and to see some other things which interest all of us.
But no way in hell is OP becoming boring.
Just imagine if you had next 20-30 chapters. How long would it take for any of you to read it? :)

Endo Kenji
March 15, 2008, 03:38 PM
A Split Second. XD

Rahan
March 15, 2008, 07:26 PM
I honestly believe that the Fishman Island arc will be short. They've been talking about going for a while, but I don't think they'll stay on that one island, no matter how large, much longer than say, Arlong Park. They'll probably get really distracted with something. I think they could be in the area at most, say, 80 chapters. But no more than 40 will be spent ON Fishman Island. Even though the first many chapters didn't take place in the Grand Line at all, I think Oda is almost as anxious as his audience for Luffy to clear that halfway mark. He won't make us wait a full 2 years after seeing it.

Yeah, I think this will be short too. We still have no idea of what the Island's plot will be.
Arabasta had the Vivi's story
Water7 had the Merry's matter
Skypea and Thriller Bark were meant to be the fun adventures in neverland (sky and zombie land) in between.
Mermaid Island is just an island on their way. Nothing less, nothing more. They don't want to go there, they have to.
They have nothing to do there yet. I am not even sure Jimbei will be there. After all, what was the point to send Kuma after the straw hats if Jimbei could kill them right after they leave Thriller Bark ?