PDA

View Full Version : Question will bleach come to an end soon?

garaa89
March 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
i think that bleach is coming to an end what do you think.

fenix2012
March 12, 2008, 05:07 PM
i think there are 2 many unanswered questions , so no.. not yet...We're off to see the kings realm , the Vasto Lordes, secrets behind the kurosaki family,.... kenpachies bankai(or at least shikai) hopeffully.what's the thing with the vaizard and...well i think still 2 years 2 go

patedecarne
March 12, 2008, 06:39 PM
I don't think so, after the aizen's defeat(I believe this will happen in at least 80 chapter, 1,5 years) I believe kubo will make a completely new saga, maybe a time skip, but the only thing I don't believe is bleach ending soon, the manga goes very well in japan, there's no need to finish it now

gigantor21
March 12, 2008, 07:20 PM
^ I don't think we should see another enemy after Aizen. He's way too strong--anyone better would be too overpowered. It's already out of hand as it is.

That said, I agree that we have a long way to go.

Tsukisama
March 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
The only way I would find acceptable for a new, more powerful villain to be introduced is if he(/she though doubtful based on Kubo's treatment of women as primarily ancillary sex objects) were introduced in the next arc or two while Aizen is still in power, and the new villain just remains mysteriously silent for a while.

However, I do agree with gigantor21 that Aizen does seem severely over-powered already; so, the creation of an even greater villain would be a feat rather difficult to conceive.

fxu
March 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
I hope so ...

It's starting to suck.

Quartz-pebble
March 13, 2008, 11:01 PM
Not while there's money to be made.

I know, I know, not really, buuuuut..... :P

^ I don't think we should see another enemy after Aizen. He's way too strong--anyone better would be too overpowered. It's already out of hand as it is.

That's it right there. Same goes for the Akatsuki in Naruto. Both series' will wrap up after their respective big baddies are dealt with. Anything else borders and/or crosses ridiculousness.

Like Gigantor said, we still have a long way to go. I mean, this arc has taken over a year to finish, and it hasn't even been a day yet in-story. Think of how long a "Winter war" is going to be.

Zeus-Tails
March 15, 2008, 04:10 AM
The Vizards could be the next villain. Everyone assumes they'll help out the Soul Society. However, I remember them saying that they hate shinigami.
[hr]
Also, if Aizen is defeated, I think it's only natural that he kills a few important people on the good guy side as well.

Quartz-pebble
March 15, 2008, 06:34 AM
The Vizards could be the next villain. Everyone assumes they'll help out the Soul Society. However, I remember them saying that they hate shinigami.
<hr noshade size="1">

I assume they also hate hollows, but have admitted that their power is useful. Kisuke also says that they're basically on the fence. I don't think they'd bother helping Ichigo if they were bad guys. They know that he'd never join them.

Also, if Aizen is defeated, I think it's only natural that he kills a few important people on the good guy side as well.

Yeah, they will be/should be casualties on both sides. Only time will tell, though.

Decorus
March 16, 2008, 01:15 AM
The Quincy could also become the next Villain. Or the Shinigami King. Aizen might actually succeed in creating the key and someone might undo the damage he does.

MegaX
March 16, 2008, 04:09 PM
What about an arc where one decisive moment goes wrong, leading Aizen to victory and killing off most of the protagonists, so Orihime has to end up rejecting everything from that moment on?

Or maybe Ichigo's hollow takes over Ichigo and Orihime has to reject that.

Or maybe Hell could play some kind of role in the next arc.

_ATMA
March 17, 2008, 04:01 PM
i think we may see 3 or 4 more arcs and find out stuff at a very fast pace then itll slow down to a last closing arc and story OR we may see something that happens out side of the city and japan and hit the world

Tsukisama
March 17, 2008, 06:05 PM
I assume they also hate hollows, but have admitted that their power is useful. Kisuke also says that they're basically on the fence. I don't think they'd bother helping Ichigo if they were bad guys. They know that he'd never join them.

They still could turn out to be villains. They could have been training Ichigo in the hopes that embracing his inner hollow would corrupt him. Their motives are still ambiguous enough to allow them to be viable suspects for a new source of villainy.

The Quincy could also become the next Villain. Or the Shinigami King. Aizen might actually succeed in creating the key and someone might undo the damage he does.

There are only two Quincy left: Uryuu and Ryuuken. I doubt Uryuu is going to become an antagonist again. (He wasn't a villain when first introduced but he was antagonistic and could have been made into a villain. He's pretty much missed that ship now.) As for Ryuuken, he may not like shinigami, but I doubt he is going to be a major antagonistic force as a villain.

The only way I could currently see the spirit king turning out to be a villain is if Ichigo and company decide to enter the King's dimension and his group is mistaken as intruders and resultantly attacked by the royal guard.

MegaX
March 18, 2008, 01:32 AM
The only way I could currently see the spirit king turning out to be a villain is if Ichigo and company decide to enter the King's dimension and his group is mistaken as intruders and resultantly attacked by the royal guard.

Or it could be some kinda Xenogears thing where "God" (Spirit King in this case) is the final boss.

IgnorantSage
March 18, 2008, 05:30 AM
Around 100-150 more chapters probably before Bleach ends. If they extend it any longer then it would really start to suck big time.

Of course, my estimates are pure speculation.

patedecarne
March 18, 2008, 07:21 AM
Or it could be some kinda Xenogears thing where "God" (Spirit King in this case) is the final boss.

Well, I believe if the King was ever mentioned, then he'll play a major role in the story; if we put the king as a villain and a royal guard( if they really do exist) I believe this menace could be even bigger than Aizen, but the reasons still are unclear to me: the real reason the king could become a threat;

But I'm sure Kubo could create a big plot twist about this. after all, Bleach is one of them main mangas in Japan, If I'm not mistaken... I believe we have room for more sagas...

Koen
March 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
Well I opened a similar thread when the noahs ark arc started in d.gray-man, it really looked like an conclusion but at the end it wasn't

Well since Kubo is great in brainless entertainment/action which is comparable with dragonball Z (not character depth etc) then my guess: no it doesn't end but aizen and co will be finished sooner or later

Btw: ever thought about a king protecting/hiding himself in a residence while the key isn't in his residence. Strange no? There's a difference between being locked up and lock your self up. In case 1: you don't have key, in case 2: you have the key yourself and come out when you want

I have always thought that the king: is a new coming villain and nobody of SS knows the true history

MegaX
March 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
Here's my opinion on the King. Now, in one of the best games of all time (Planescape: Torment) you have the opportunity to explore the Dead Nations, a society of undead creatures that have banded together under the leadership of the High Priest who speaks in the name of the Silent King--an undead king that isn't seen by the populace. If you play your cards right, you go to the throne room, only to learn that the Silent King is truly so, having long since vacated his undead shell and gone to his eternal rest, with the Priest having covered it up in order to keep order in the city.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo took this approach.

gigantor21
March 18, 2008, 11:12 PM
^ That'd be interesting, but I doubt Kubo would be that daring. :p

And besides, the King's presence has only now become a factor in the story, so he'll have to make him an actual person to give the title weight. The concept hasn't been established long enough for that fake to work IMO.

barbapapa
March 18, 2008, 11:14 PM
It should end after the entire Aizen thing.

The fact that there are many unanswered questions shouldn't prolong this series, though. Because it's getting more and more obvious that Kubo doesn't even know the answers himself.

gigantor21
March 18, 2008, 11:23 PM
^ Yeah, the series hasn't been very cohesive or forward thinking since the SS Arc ended. This past arc has been especially bad, even factoring Aizen's trick.

I've seen too many good series fall apart after being stretched too thin. I don't want to go through that again. :/

MegaX
March 19, 2008, 01:30 AM
I dunno. I thought the Arrancar arc was pretty well done. Though I'm a Vizard fanboy admittedly.

patedecarne
March 19, 2008, 09:02 AM
I also believe the Arrancar saga was well done; my only complain was the Kenpachi vs Noitora fight, mainly about the power level in that fight, but Mayuri and Byakuya's fights were done very well IMO;

And now we're about the start a new saga, which seems to be a very good one, and certainly 200 or more chapters are welcome to bleach!

MegaX
March 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
I also believe the Arrancar saga was well done; my only complain was the Kenpachi vs Noitora fight, mainly about the power level in that fight, but Mayuri and Byakuya's fights were done very well IMO;

Those both took place in the Hueco Mundo arc, actually. The Arrancar arc was the one between Soul society and the one where they left for Hueco Mundo. It was the arc where Ichigo lost all but one of his fights (He defeated his inner Hollow).

lazyboyrod
March 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
I dont think so, new villains are going to come out of nowhere. O0

gigantor21
March 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
Mega, Pat, I haven't liked the post-SS stuff because it's so off the cuff. There's no central AND attainable goal--Ichigo is nowhere near beating Aizen now, hasn't shown that potential even once, and most people assume he won't even do it. He's just been fighting a random gaggle of unrelatable subordinates with little to show for it, along with everyone else. :/

That's something I've seen happen in EVERY shonen I've read that had an opus arc before ending--Dragon Ball, Prince of Tennis, Yu Yu Hakusho, Death Note, and now Bleach. None of the others attained that peak more than once, and I don't see why Bleach would be much different. So I think it'd be best if it ended with Aizen's plot, since that's been a factor in the story from the beginning. :/

patedecarne
March 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
Mega, Pat, I haven't liked the post-SS stuff because it's so off the cuff. There's no central AND attainable goal--Ichigo is nowhere near beating Aizen now, hasn't shown that potential even once, and most people assume he won't even do it. He's just been fighting a random gaggle of unrelatable subordinates with little to show for it, along with everyone else.

Well, but now, with the great chapter 314, I believe the plot will go to unexpected way, now there's a real reason to fight, not only in Human world, but also in Hueco Mundo, and most likely in SS

Maybe the reason could be cliche:"just save the world", but still is a solid reason to fight now, there's so much to be protected now, and also, that is the fight that was planned since the beginning!

But even with all this, maybe we will see a wild card from Aizen, maybe all the time Aizen was fooling all of SS and Ichigo saying he will make the Ouken, but could be other reasons as well!

just give it another chance, Gig, and I believe you won't be dissapointed!!

Tsukisama
March 19, 2008, 03:19 PM
Well, but now, with the great chapter 314, I believe the plot will go to unexpected way, now there's a real reason to fight, not only in Human world, but also in Hueco Mundo, and most likely in SS

Maybe the reason could be cliche:"just save the world", but still is a solid reason to fight now, there's so much to be protected now, and also, that is the fight that was planned since the beginning!

Ichigo has had real reasons to fight all of his opponents, but I think that gigantor21's problem (correct me if I'm wrong, G21) was that Ichigo has been fighting random opponents without much (if any) gain afterwards to show for it afterwards. At least in the SS arc, when Ichigo went from Ikkaku to Renji to Kenpachi and finally to Byakuya, Ichigo became progressivley stronger; each of those fights marked a new stage in his development. Over the course of the HM arc, Ichigo has not really developed much at all, making the fights seem less consequential in the grand scheme of things. If that's not gigantor21's problem with it, then it is at least mine.

patedecarne
March 19, 2008, 03:34 PM
Ichigo has had real reasons to fight all of his opponents, but I think that gigantor21's problem (correct me if I'm wrong, G21) was that Ichigo has been fighting random opponents without much (if any) gain afterwards to show for it afterwards. At least in the SS arc, when Ichigo went from Ikkaku to Renji to Kenpachi and finally to Byakuya, Ichigo became progressivley stronger; each of those fights marked a new stage in his development. Over the course of the HM arc, Ichigo has not really developed much at all, making the fights seem less consequential in the grand scheme of things. If that's not gigantor21's problem with it, then it is at least mine.

Haha, I almost forget about this! The power development was ridiculous, if you ask me, and I don't if you guys think about this, but sometimes seems like Ichigo was weakened in Arrancar Saga; back in SS, Ichigo's will would crush a entire montain, just to save Rukia, in SS he was totally cool, but in Arrancar saga: first Ichigo was pwned by Yammi, Grimmjow and Grimmjow again; the mask wasn't that powerful , I believe it only gave Ichigo about 5, 10% more power;

Ichigo only won against Dordoni(ex-espada) and grimmjow, in the third time, because he could hold the mask a little longer.

When I said the things will become better in Bleach now, I was refferring also about this, I believe now Ichigo will have a growth in his powers, and with a logic and reason, of course!

Neuroff
March 19, 2008, 03:44 PM
Haha, I almost forget about this! The power development was ridiculous, if you ask me, and I don't if you guys think about this, but sometimes seems like Ichigo was weakened in Arrancar Saga; back in SS, Ichigo's will would crush a entire montain, just to save Rukia, in SS he was totally cool, but in Arrancar saga: first Ichigo was pwned by Yammi, Grimmjow and Grimmjow again; the mask wasn't that powerful , I believe it only gave Ichigo about 5, 10% more power;
The Arrancar Arc was Ichigo's struggle against his hollow, the Hueco Mundo Arc seems like Ichigo's struggle to find his will to fight again.

Ichigo only won against Dordoni(ex-espada) and grimmjow, in the third time, because he could hold the mask a little longer.
That really wasn't why he beat Grimmjow. Holding the mask longer barely helped Ichigo at all. He was still basically even with Grimmjow's released form. Ichigo finds his resolve again at the end of the fight, and puts Grimmjow down like it's nothing, even without the full mask.

gigantor21
March 19, 2008, 08:35 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. It sounded a lot meaner when I said it though. :p

What makes it worse is how Ichigo has so many things to learn. He just got TZ a few weeks ago, only knows one attack, and got to use more mask time due to poor plotting. We know nothing about the Vizards or their powers; all that time Ichigo spent wallowing in angst could've been used to develop them instead. It's not like more mask time alone will help him now.

Another problem lies with the other Karakura kids. None of them develop as often or as quickly as Ichigo. Given that Aizen's going to war now, there's little room for them to grow without on-the-spot "stress boosts", and they still won't be able to stand with Ichigo or any of the Vaizards/senior captains. It's quickly becoming a humans-in-DBZ situation, which is depressing.

someguy0830
March 19, 2008, 08:45 PM
Maybe Urahara has a few devices lying around to cover the gap. Worst case scenario, it's three-on-one with complimenting powers, that's assuming they even actually get any. I wouldn't be surprised if they just watch from the sidelines.

gigantor21
March 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
^ But even then, it's not like they'd have time to use it. Aizen's going for the gusto NOW. It's not like SS, where both sides made concessions to each other and fell back to regroup. Aizen wouldn't do that--he's not Cell. :p

Tsukisama
March 19, 2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. It sounded a lot meaner when I said it though. :p

What makes it worse is how Ichigo has so many things to learn. He just got TZ a few weeks ago, only knows one attack, and got to use more mask time due to poor plotting. We know nothing about the Vizards or their powers; all that time Ichigo spent wallowing in angst could've been used to develop them instead. It's not like more mask time alone will help him now.

Another problem lies with the other Karakura kids. None of them develop as often or as quickly as Ichigo. Given that Aizen's going to war now, there's little room for them to grow without on-the-spot "stress boosts", and they still won't be able to stand with Ichigo or any of the Vaizards/senior captains. It's quickly becoming a humans-in-DBZ situation, which is depressing.

I'm sorry if I took the sting out of your comment. It's just my way. :hbunny

Ichigo's development along with the other KK townies' development has been poorly managed. The concept of time in Bleach already suspect, but to waste so many chapters without significant advances in strength for the characters is disappointing. Kubo is working his way into a corner in which the only way for the characters to stand a chance against the ever increasing power of the antagonists is to employ lame baseless dei ex machina like Kenpachi's two-hands strategy.

Maybe Urahara has a few devices lying around to cover the gap. Worst case scenario, it's three-on-one with complimenting powers, that's assuming they even actually get any. I wouldn't be surprised if they just watch from the sidelines.

I would not be surprised if Urahara is once again used as a deus ex machina to give the protagonists a quick, significant power boost, but continued use of such slipshod characterizations will rapidly deteriorate Bleach to the point where "anything is possible" (and I don't mean that in a good way :oh).

gigantor21
March 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
Ichigo's development along with the other KK townies' development has been poorly managed. The concept of time in Bleach already suspect, but to waste so many chapters without significant advances in strength for the characters is disappointing. Kubo is working his way into a corner in which the only way for the characters to stand a chance against the ever increasing power of the antagonists is to employ lame baseless dei ex machina like Kenpachi's two-hands strategy.

Yeah, and Ichigo getting more mask time FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Plus, keep in mind that most of us thought the captains in HM couldn't do that well--Ichigo nearly killed 2 of them without being able to control the mask. We still don't have any explanation for that.

That's another reason I want Bleach to end with this--there's no room for conventional, believable growth anymore. And Kubo can't make consistently exciting and developmental fights with what he's got. He's no Oda.

Decorus
March 20, 2008, 12:16 AM
Anyone recall how the Vaizards were training Ichigo to have more Mask time?

Oh yeah they just fought him until it broke then made him put it back on then fought him til it broke. Apparently the only way to improve the time your mask lasts is to just get the crap beaten out of you until you learn how to keep it on longer...

MegaX
March 20, 2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah, and Ichigo getting more mask time FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Plus, keep in mind that most of us thought the captains in HM couldn't do that well--Ichigo nearly killed 2 of them without being able to control the mask. We still don't have any explanation for that.

That's another reason I want Bleach to end with this--there's no room for conventional, believable growth anymore. And Kubo can't make consistently exciting and developmental fights with what he's got. He's no Oda.

Really? I thought it was kind of obvious why Ichigo's mask time improved.

Decorus
March 20, 2008, 03:10 AM
He was actually enjoying and looking forward to beating the snot out of Grimjaw?

patedecarne
March 20, 2008, 07:39 AM
One thing that still wasn't mentioned here, and I believe is the most important point about Ichigo's power, is his resolve and will to fight:

_Just take a look in all of the Ichigo's fights until now where he used his will as a weapon to fight; like in SS, to save rukia, he achieved Bankai, but without resolve and will, Byakuya would defeat Ichigo in no time; in Arrancar Saga: he was a punching bag all the time only because he was afraid from his hollow side, and still, even when he achieved Hollow Mask, still he hadn't a strong will to fight, but look in his 3ยบ round with Grimmjow: He had a strong will not only to protect Orihime, but also to fight with Grimmjow, he enjoyed the entire fight, like a hobby!

I thought all of this just yesterday, and now I change my mind about the inconsistent plot power; to me, the hollow mask, the bankai, are nothing with his will, this resolve and will are the true power of Ichigo, and in order to become strong, all Ichigo need to do is achieve a real reason to fight, and not by training...

Tsukisama
March 20, 2008, 11:13 AM
I thought all of this just yesterday, and now I change my mind about the inconsistent plot power; to me, the hollow mask, the bankai, are nothing with his will, this resolve and will are the true power of Ichigo, and in order to become strong, all Ichigo need to do is achieve a real reason to fight, and not by training...

So, in other words, Ichigo just needs to have enough conviction and then he can defeat anyone. I agree that that seems to be the case, and that is also what makes the power levels so inconsistent. If all he has to do is just get worked up enough to defeat someone, then whenever he loses a fight just seems pointless, as all he would have needed to do in that fight is just get more emotionally involved in it.

Frank918
March 20, 2008, 11:41 AM
I don't believe the importance of conviction or resolve is quite that drastic or dramatic. Although, it is helpful to throw things into a fight, besides power level, that help determine the outcome; things such as resolve/conviction, technique, and/or strategy (think: Ichigo, Kenpachi, Mayuri/Byakuya, respectively).

Surely, however, there is a point where the level of power is simply insurmountable. This has been demonstrated in Bleach SEVERAL times, because, as all of us know well enough, Ichigo (even being the main character) certainly does not win the majority of his fights. This simple fact moves Bleach beyond the realm of predictability -- although, I will admit, that it is not entirely unpredictable...But what IS?

bunshindattebayo
March 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
They entered Soul Society and Hueco Mundo,so I think the next stop will be Hell.

gigantor21
March 20, 2008, 12:56 PM
Really? I thought it was kind of obvious why Ichigo's mask time improved.

He was actually enjoying and looking forward to beating the snot out of Grimjaw?

That's what I thought at first. But then he overcame that bloodlust and reoriented himself--which would be fine, had he not destroyed GJ's strongest attack without the mask, and with a litany of wounds. THAT'S what pushed it over the edge for me. He basically got 10 times stronger because he felt like it.

It ties into Frank's comment; resolve is good, but Kubo presents it like a "Get Out of Hell Free" card. A strong will isn't meant to be the perfect solution to every problem. Luffy and Naruto, for instance, bring their all into every fight, but have lost plenty of times. What makes them endearing as protagonists IMO is that they keep pushing forward in spite of that. You can't say the same for Ichigo, who has a convenient excuse for every black star on his record. :/

Decorus
March 20, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ichigo did not need resolve or will to beat Byakuya. He had the fight won as soon as he went Bankai. Byakuya was a toy in Ichigo's hands nothing but a grease spot on the wall except Ichigo didn't want to kill him. Ichigo almost lost the fight, because he was trying to prove a point rather then just straight up killing Byakuya.

MegaX
March 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
That's what I thought at first. But then he overcame that bloodlust and reoriented himself--which would be fine, had he not destroyed GJ's strongest attack without the mask, and with a litany of wounds. THAT'S what pushed it over the edge for me. He basically got 10 times stronger because he felt like it.

You're seeing this differently than I am. I don't Ichigo overcame anything, since I don't think he was ever consumed with bloodlust. He just enjoyed the fight. Likewsie, I don't see him taking those shots for Orhime from Grimmjow's projectiles as him snapping back into his personality, but just as confirmation that Ichigo never actually changed into anything different.

His mask continued to exist because IMO, he learned to accept, a little more so at least, the underlying fact that he did enjoy fighting and battle. Also he did end up defeating Grimmjow without his whole mask, but I imagine that the partial mask would still give him Vizard power.

patedecarne
April 19, 2008, 10:40 AM
Sorry to revive such topic, guys, but I feel like I should post it here:

I'm thinking carefully about this, and if you think from a sidestory perspective, then Bleach won't end soon; Look at this gaiden, the majority of the people are really liking it, and still we only reach half of it;

and let's expand the horizon: Kubo could make individual gaidens for many people in the series, and I'm sure so many people would like it, the see the true origins from some people would be great;

Should Kubo explore all these ways, then Bleach would have so much fuel to burn, and in a interesting way...

gigantor21
April 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
^ But we're talking about the main story here. That's what I think will end soon. And as much as I like this Gaiden, I do NOT want to see them used as a substitute for the main storyline.

Also, there are so many characters to cover that Bleach might NEVER end if he wants to cover all of them. That's no better than ending too quickly IMO. :p

Tsukisama
April 19, 2008, 07:54 PM
The novelty of this gaiden cannot really be expected to persist through numerous gaidens. I think that is why mangaka don't usually have lots of gaidens in their series. There are only so many times you can break away from the main story to explore background information and past events.

One more gaiden would be nice. Two more gaidens would be okay. Three more gaidens and you begin to push it too far. Background information and information on the past cleverly weaved into the current plot is the sign of a good author. A gaiden should only be used to explain a significant event or piece of background information that would be too cumbersome to try to weave it into the story otherwise.

patedecarne
April 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
Hehe, The way I think is not a 8, 10 chapters gaiden, but instead, something like that hitsugaya flashback, just 1 chapter to show something about a certain char in the past, just ocasionally! Even because the actual gaiden already is explaining so much!

Another long gaiden could be about RG, but the remaining, just 1 chapter

Tsukisama
April 20, 2008, 12:52 AM
Even single flashback chapters should not be overdone. The one done for Hitsugaya (mainly because of the movie that centered around him probably) was nice, because it was an unexpected exploration of his past and also because we still got a regular chapter along with it. This gaiden marks the first time that the flashback chapters have been the main release with no chapter in the regular story progession to accompany it.

If you are suggesting that single flashback chapters could be treated like these gaiden chapters (as in that they are not accompanied by a regular chapter), then I think that again too many of them would only hurt the manga by breaking the flow of the story.

Every once in a while it might be nice to have a few of them, but not enough of them that they could in some way considerably lengthen the run of the series.

kikrox1
October 29, 2008, 09:04 PM
they still havent shown vasto lordes, or anything in the soul society kingdom and ichigos dad and ishidas dad and urahara still havent show what they can really do so they cant end it yet

Missdi
January 14, 2009, 12:16 AM
I don't think it's ending anytime soon. We still have a bunch of characters who we haven't even seen fight yet. Then like kikrox1 said there's Ichigo's dad and his captaincy and how he got to the human world, etc. It's just so much that has to get solved and done before the manga can end.

kurosaki-seb
January 17, 2009, 12:12 AM
i dont believe bleach is near a end give its 2 to 3 yrs there are still many questions un-answered such as the vastolorde,how hell looks like,urahara and the vizards true power and aizens,ichigo and ishida's dads past and the kings realm where aizen is trying to get and everyone shikai and bankai still have to be shown

Gecko Moria
January 18, 2009, 07:56 PM
Bleach still has a bit to go: the plot still needs to continue a bit more as we havent yet seen many of the things Kubo has mentioned. However I dont believe there will be a new villain after Aizen and Co. Aizen's already nigh-invincible someone more powerful than him would be insane even for Kubo >_<

Onomatopoeia
January 18, 2009, 09:32 PM
Bleach still has a bit to go: the plot still needs to continue a bit more as we havent yet seen many of the things Kubo has mentioned. However I dont believe there will be a new villain after Aizen and Co. Aizen's already nigh-invincible someone more powerful than him would be insane even for Kubo >_<
If Kubo introduces a new villain after Aizen I'll be pissed. Aizen's been the big bad from day one and you better believe that he's got all the credentials to be the final villain.

Necron
January 28, 2009, 04:18 PM
seriously , let me give you a little example what could happen to push the story forward those might be not so possible but :
- aizen sucks hard and retreats to recover
- someone might change sites and go with the arrancar
- aizens is not the real bad ass, some vasto lords are making him what he is
- the hyothing there which aizen has wakes up and starts to destroy everything
-the vizards are still there for something
- a complete new hollowgroup , which would suck but could happen

those are just a view examples i think of what could happen
like i said they all maybe arent that possible but they could happen

THM Nindo
February 09, 2009, 05:28 PM
I don't think it is...

There are still a lot of things left...

So far, the manga as been separating in 3 parts :
- Human's world
- Soul Society
- Hueco Mondo

And there are still two worlds not even touched yet :
- The King's realm (how is it called again!?)
- Hell

So, IMO, before we've seen those two worlds, it won't end.

____

Also, we still have yet to see in developpement in many areas :

- On which side will the Vizards go?
- Ichigo's father
- Chad's power origins (Hell?)
- Inoue's power origins (King's realm?)
- Relation between Rangiku and Ichimaru
- The death of the Big Boss from Aizen's hand (we know that will happen, right?!)

And we can't forget that Aizen still doesn't have his 10 Vasto lordes army.
That will not end before he actually has his army, right!?

IMO, all those guys that we are seeing right now (Halibel, Barragan, Stark) are not even Vasto Lordes...

Aizen has only one Vasto Lord right now, and he will try to get more later.
IMO, the only Vasto Lord he got his Wonderweiss...

Giving that he didn't care about the loss of all the others and throw them against the Shinigami forces, but that he didn't send Wonderweiss, makes me thing that he "cares" (not really, because he's still using him) about him.

So, there are still a lot of things to see.
And there's yet to be any romance developpement. :p

Tsukisama
February 09, 2009, 06:00 PM
I don't think it is...

There are still a lot of things left...

So far, the manga as been separating in 3 parts :
- Human's world
- Soul Society
- Hueco Mondo

And there are still two worlds not even touched yet :
- The King's realm (how is it called again!?)
- Hell

So, IMO, before we've seen those two worlds, it won't end.

The King's dimension is supposed to be an isolated dimension within Soul Society. Thus, I don't think it will be a completely new realm with a lot of new properties to infuse new material into the story. Hell was mentioned once as an unpleasant realm for souls too evil to enter SS. It hasn't been developed or made to seem relevant to the plot at all.

Some things are likely not going to get much coverage in the story. There are quite a few things Kubo has yet to cover: the function and purpose of the Kidou Corps, the other two great noble clans, etc. Things like that and Hell could easily be covered in a databook and not necessarily needing manga pages devoted to them.

Rafik Shaheed
June 24, 2010, 10:02 AM
Spoiler: Its ending, all the Espada are dead (except Yammy) and all that's left in Bleach is Icigo's fight with Tensa Zangetsu to learn his "Final Getsuga Tensau", and him defeating Azien and Gin (problably with his "final getsuga Tensau").

Aizen's probably gonna make the kings key, or Ichigo's gonna kill Aizen straigtaway after training (unlikely). What's gonna happen if they add the Royal Family arc in, it would be pontles, there may be a mention of it or backstory, but I doubt they're gonna do an arc about it. If there's a backstory, Aizen most likely will go to the King's relm, but Aizen would die there, probally getting close to it, and making some dying speach about how he disired it and what he trully desired, hell it might even make Ichigo sorry for him. Then there'll probally be 2 chapters of him leaving the soul society and him going back to his old life. If Aizen does create the King's Key that would mean Ichigo failed to defeat him in Kakora Town, ether way a fight with Ichigo and Aizen at Kakora town in more than likely. Ichigo's probably gonna be shocked to death that Aizen created the Kings Key. Uhrahara will most probably find a way to reverse the proccess. Gin's gonna die before Aizen, and probably again make a speach. As for Kempachi and Buyakuya VS Yammy, that's really not an important issue, obvouisly Yammy's gonna die, and he's probably gonna shout at how he was beaten by 'ants' or 'weaklings'.

Thats all I can think of for now.

exacta
June 24, 2010, 12:39 PM
Bleach is not ending. Theres a mini arc about Isshin and a big arc next that Kubo said he was writing. Besides theres far too many loose ends and Bankais left for this manga to end now. No way in hell lol.:darn

Not to mention the Royal Guard and the King. They would require too much development for the series to end soon anyway, at least at the pace Kubo writes.

kkck
June 24, 2010, 01:17 PM
Well, if kubo wants to complete the story to the extent the fans would expect then there should be quite a long way to go. Kubo has to introduce the royal guard along with their shikai and bankai, proper vasto lords and by extention proper vasto lord arrancar along with whichever number of releases they might have, shunsui's, ukitake's, yamamoto's, urahara's and yoruichi's detailed shikai explanation along with bankai. Tessai's deserves a fight too, what in the world those two kids at urahara shop are. What is ichigo and what will he become, shirosaki's third comming (as he said he would be back), ishida's dad fight, ishin's bankai, what is the king of SS... A further explanation of this hell thing would be nice too (although not crucial), gins hollowification or perhaps something more (since he already showed bankai I don't think he'd have another fight without hollowifiying at least).... The vizards bankais, perhaps a further evolution of their hollowification which would make them something hybrids which even aizen won't call fake or prentend arrancar. I can't see the story ending soon... Hell, I can't see it ending within the next 5-6 years....

Hystzen
June 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
kubo might "end" it sooner than people think...he gona leave a LOT of loose ends n he will not show everyones bankai or shikai by end of the story if it only has relevance to the fight.
kubo will avoid alot of answers on purpose incase
1. he runs out of money
2. his next project is a fail

Eddy01741
June 24, 2010, 04:04 PM
No, it won'd come to an end soon. I feel like Kubo is more dragging the manga out than rushing it if anything. A lot of chapters are two opponents smack talking, then one releases, end of chapter. So what happened the entire chapter? Somebody released. The smack talk doesn't really matter. Look at the last weeks chapter, here's what happened:

-Non-spiritually aware humans are dead
-Tatsuki and mizuro (or w/e his name is) go looking around town for like 5 pages
-Ichigo has more dialogue with Isshin instead of just going into his zanpakutou's world right away
-Aizen arrives

So what happened? People are dead, Aizen has arrived, and Ichigo enters his zanpakutou's world. That could be shown with sufficient detail in about... 6-8 pages, instead, Kubo takes 19 pages to do it. He's dragging the manga out.

If Kubo intends on covering all the loose ends, this manga will take a long long time to end.

Hystzen
June 24, 2010, 04:42 PM
i agree that kubo is stalling (im not gona read the next few chapters as they have been awful unless the spoilers look intresting.)but not sure why he doing it. just people assume we gona see all bankai n shikai for every character which wont be possible unless kubo intends to drag out the "final arc" for 7 years or more.

kkck
June 24, 2010, 04:57 PM
Perhaps kubo does not intend to show everything but I for one would be severely disappointed in case we do not get to see a legitimate VL (let alone a VL arrancar), shunsui's, ukitake's, unohana's, urahara's, ishin's, aizen's and yamamoto's bankai, the RG and to some extent the king. I event want to see if the rest of ichigo's friends got powers from the hougyoku.... There is so muhc left to see.....

Kaiten
June 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
i agree that kubo is stalling (im not gona read the next few chapters as they have been awful unless the spoilers look intresting.)but not sure why he doing it. just people assume we gona see all bankai n shikai for every character which wont be possible unless kubo intends to drag out the "final arc" for 7 years or more.

He's stalling because the editors told him there is more money to be made. Same reason Dragon Ball didn't end with the Freesia arc.

Xerneas
June 25, 2010, 12:40 PM
With the interview Kubo gave about the mini-arc (which I now believe is Deicide), the next major arc featuring Isshin, and THEN another arc after that, its safe to say BLEACH isn't ending anytime soon. At his usual pace I give it 300 more chapters at least. I don't think he'll answer half the questions this plot has presented though. If I was him I would do a second Databook for that stuff. Some Espada/Vizard stats and extra characterization would be nice too.

niblack89
June 25, 2010, 09:07 PM
Kubo is writing to fast. Aizen and Ichigo show down is coming up real soon and Ichigo looks to be coming to his full potential soon.

If Aizen is defeated the story is over, he looks to be the big boss. He seems like God with his powers. who could beat a perfect being?

wiwaneko
June 25, 2010, 09:52 PM
I don't think it'll end any time soon. I agree with others on the fact that too many questions have been unanswered, and I don't think Kubo will leave them that way. I'm not anticipating the end of Bleach, just because I like it so much. (Sure, the plot is pretty...trollish, but the characters keep me reading because there are so many different kinds of them.)

Besides, I think Kubo plans on doing an arc about Isshin, right?

niblack89
June 25, 2010, 10:47 PM
Aizen defeated all the goti captains, vizards, and kisuke and yoruichi. Their is no one able to stand up to Aizen except Ichigo. The show down looks inevitable. Once Aizen is done I can't see anyone that can achieve what Aizen is.

Unless Aizen's plain is for him and Ichigo only two perfect beings can open the kings gate.

Eddy01741
June 25, 2010, 11:23 PM
So what about all the vizard bankais (and shikais since we didn't actually get to see some of their shikais do anything (hiyori, lisa, hachi)), the dynamic duo bankai, yama-jii bankai, Isshin bankai, etc.

There's a lot of loose ends. Despite the fact that there is nobody who can ultimately stop Aizen save for Ichigo (standard shonen format), or perhaps Hitsugaya if Kubo decides to fanservice troll us some more, there are a lot of loose ends to tie up.

niblack89
June 26, 2010, 12:31 PM
It would be stupid for Aizen to say I will give you a year before I destroy KK when he could do it now. Ichigo is the only person who can stop him but he needs a few millenniums before that happens.

Reiiko
June 28, 2010, 02:41 PM
I think Bleach has a little while to go. I mean, as it's been stated before, there is money to be made. Bleach is very popular and Kubo could milk this for another year or two easy (given there's a healthy plotline). As long as it continues to be popular, why kill Bleach off early?

I dislike the idea of another big bad after Aizen, but it seems his life is ending soon (the title of the latest chapters "Deicide" points to that). So I think the real question is: What is Kubo planning to do after Aizen? If he does kill him off, there's still Hell and the King's Realm to explore. However, Ichigo and Co. can't just go over there for no reason. There has to be some motivation behind it. I can see the King being the next big bad, I guess. Urahara, the Vizards, or Gin are also possible candidates for the next big bad imo.

Also: I think Isshin might die soon. I'm sensing a huge Obi-Wan Kanobe vibe coming off of him. He teaches Ichigo the Final Gesuga and then gets killed off by Aizen.

-Ren Boy-
June 28, 2010, 02:44 PM
When Kubo, "decides"(no pun intended) to fix all major plot holes; if there is any obvious one's that need to be there for the story to make sense in whole.

Richo
June 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
Kubo is writing to fast. Aizen and Ichigo show down is coming up real soon and Ichigo looks to be coming to his full potential soon.

If Aizen is defeated the story is over, he looks to be the big boss. He seems like God with his powers. who could beat a perfect being?

Aizen is only 1 villain and I cant remember a manga that dragged on so long with the first introduced villain so long.
most manga drag on some time and introduce some minor villains and then move on to the big villain and continue with a bigger villain. I just cant imagine Aizen is the only villain.
The fillers of the anime has shown is there is more then enough potential for villains just to appear or to be unsealed.
HM is very big and only a tiny bit has been shown, SS is also quite big and hasn't been explored much yet.
There is also the Hell part and its likely counterpart Heaven. We have the human dimension, and when humans die they either go SS or HM which seems to be a combination of christian hell and heaven and the easern reincarnation religion. We also have Hell and Heaven which have to the final destination for a limited amount of souls. Hell has a certain requirement, and Heaven should aswell. Aizen already hinted towards this with some of his quotes.

I can see the King being the next big bad, I guess. Urahara, the Vizards, or Gin are also possible candidates for the next big bad imo.

There is a possibility of them turning bad, and I honestly not wish this upon SS current state. They all dont like SS, but they do not care for vengeance since to some degree why SS acted like they did. Also captains and captain commander are not to blame for anything they just follow orders, and since central 46 is no more they have no reason to take revenge against people who are not blame.

Kubo has to reveal alot of things aswell, like the abilities of all the major characters and some of the yet to be revealed characters who are hinted at throughout the manga. Also kubo must be pondering about what the fans would like to see as a ending, since that is very difficult.
What would the fans wants as a ending?
- Ichigo and co remaining in the real world, living their lives?
- Ichigo going to SS and becoming some high ranked officer? all the vizards their former ranks restored if they wish.
will there be romance?
- Will there a be a timeskip where they show a future of all main characters in SS. Ichigo and Co. all becoming official shinigami and having high ranks.
I would not want to make that decision atm, Kubo has to explain alot and finish alot before the actual ending to please the fan base.

Kaiten
June 28, 2010, 09:56 PM
Aizen is only 1 villain and I cant remember a manga that dragged on so long with the first introduced villain so long

Inuyasha. Naraku was introduced as the main villain very early and remained until the end, over 500 chapters later.

The Newbie.
June 28, 2010, 11:21 PM
Aizen is the villian, but he is not like, the only one, he has minions that are top tier combatants that can cause serious trouble to Soul Society. Also, those under Aizen each have a personality and different fighting style, and each has something to show. Aizen just made his move some 20 chapters ago, before that he just showed off while doing almost nothing, so he is not the center of the antagonist in a matter, to put it in a way, the real villians are those under him, those with personalities and motivations, the ones that give problems to the good guys.

Aizen is the side of Bleach that has a plot, but from a different perspective, Bleach is about the characters, Aizen is just a bad guy that planned something big and that is all, and had little focus until the recent chapters.

About Bleach ending, I give it 3 years at most, the pacing is a little faster now, and even other arcs like HM only lasted 70 chapters. And at the end this pacing is better when the manga is read all at once, because those big panels with little text give you more time to think about the chapter.

no_regretsYSL
June 28, 2010, 11:53 PM

I dont know about that...DBZ manages to make man-made robots stronger then the strongest known being in the universe...

Maybe Mayuri's got some hand-made Vastolorde in his pocket...

Ozehro
June 29, 2010, 04:01 AM

I agree in terms of single villains. but what about the idea of an
army of villains? What if the VL's were just waiting for the best opportunity? so the moment Aizen's chaos ends,
they jump in and wage war on the royal dimension, since the gotei 13
are already down. Something like that which would build and develop
on the already enormous bleach story would be bearable.
but if Tite just finishes the Aizen saga, gives characters a break then
starts a whole new villain that is completely disconnected to the past
400 or so chapters then that would be very poor.

Tahl
July 14, 2010, 07:51 PM
I've been feeling for a while that Bleach has just been floundering.

I don't think Kubo planned past the Soul Society Arc. The whole going to Heuco Mundo Arc was almost a mirror image of Soul Society and everything has been in my opinion very disappointing and battle orientated, (which coincidentally I also feel have taken a nose dive...... how did we go from Ichigo vs Zaraki style fights to Urahara&Yurouchi&Isshin vs Aizen style fights?)

Darth Executor
July 14, 2010, 09:40 PM
I agree in terms of single villains.

Aizen has yet to face anybody's bankai except ichigo's though. I think the reason why kishi had him finish off all the captains and captain level visored was so he can show bankai that could potentially end aizen later, but since they never got around to release them, they ended up losing. This way the gotei 13 stays competitive post-aizen. I hope aizen's finished as a villain and we get new ones TBH. Bleach is the type of manga that would benefit from different arcs with completely different villains.

Kaiten
July 14, 2010, 11:10 PM
I said this in the Weekly Jump thread just a minute go but I feel like Kubo wrote himself into a corner when Orihime was kidnapped and knows it. Sometimes there feels like there is no joy in chapters, that he doesn't like writing anymore and is trying balance ending this arc with his editors desire to stretch it. I really feel like Aizen is going to die soon, at the end of Deicide, and a new arc will start with a new villain eventually.

Tahl
July 15, 2010, 10:52 AM
It feels as though he wanted to do the HM arc in SS but that people because too attached to the characters to let him kill them so he had to introduce the nigh identical Espada.

I can't help but feel that somehow Gin will either kill Aizen and steal his powers (thus become the new bad guy) or the series will end.

Xsoteria
July 15, 2010, 07:06 PM
I would have never dreamed I would say this, back when I was enjoying the first impressions of Soul Society and then the mistery that Arrancar have been, but I hope Bleach ends soon.

Not because I hate it but because I have the feeling Kubo hates it. The story simply seems forced to me. It's dragging on and on and we're not even getting the enthusiastic fights we used to get. Most of the things are done off screen and Kubo is showering us with panels of hollow and empty dialogues, as well as ink spills that supposed to be exaggeration of awesome moves.

Something somewhere went horribly wrong, or Kubo lost his motivation for Bleach. I hope he ends it soon, so that at least he can move on to another project, if that is his problem.

Vespir
August 14, 2010, 09:23 PM
i thought that bleach was gonna end when ichigo saves rukia from her execution and i would've been fine with that but i did realize that there were some scenes in the beginning such as grandfisher that gives u a glimpse that there will be more after the soul society battle and i don't think that there has been any clues that bleach will keep moving on even after aizen dies so i think it might end pretty soon. i mean what more can tite add to bleach after aizen dies? i would love to be surprised with what tite has left up his sleeve.
and just like Xsoteria said,"Not because I hate it but because I have the feeling Kubo hates it. The story simply seems forced to me. It's dragging on and on and we're not even getting the enthusiastic fights we used to get. Most of the things are done off screen and Kubo is showering us with panels of hollow and empty dialogues, as well as ink spills that supposed to be exaggeration of awesome moves."
tite hates this long drag of just waiting until ichigo final fight with aizen and i hate to see that guy keep coming back alive its just annoying

The Newbie.
August 15, 2010, 12:27 AM
I don't see how could Kubo hate his own work judging by interviews and other things where he answers questions.
What I think that is going on is that he must ask for advice to his editors so he can keep the [Japanese] fans happy (Because their opinion is different, like, they love Hitsugaya). I mean, he is still a novice author compared to other mangaka, so he must be unsure on what to do to keep pleased the fans [Over there]. If this happens to be true then the editors guide Kubo to a more battle based shounen, which is what many people there like. This and the fact that Bleach keeps ranking close to Naruto with twice as many votes as 4th place and sells 1/3 of what One Piece does (Which this itself is a huge achievement) steadily leans towards fans there solidly loving Bleach how it is right now. If that is the case, Kubo must take most of the votes as an indication that the way he is leading the manga is the best.

Of course, the only proof I have is the weekly update on popularity and sales, but in case I'm right, Kubo is trying to please those that like it more than those that dislike it. And there are millions of fans worldwide that love Bleach, so more reason to keep going like this.

THM Nindo
August 15, 2010, 09:34 AM
I wish, but probably not.
I say there is still at least 2-3 years to the manga minimum.

And hopefully, Kubo understood his mistake and will NEVER EVER AGAIN to a major war with so many fights at the same time...
We've been at this for too long now, and I'm sure even him is sick of that arc.

Hystzen
August 15, 2010, 11:23 AM
the main trouble is Kubo doesnt plan ahead..he admited it in his interview he makes up as goes along...if kubo took a year off to plan n stick to it..the manga would be far far better...the manga doesnt need Aizen in it but lately it seems kubo things it does hence the forced plot..he working the plot around aizen being there..get rid of aizen get rid of the weak plot

jacke12
August 15, 2010, 11:28 AM
is it said the manga end in chapter 325

Xsoteria
August 15, 2010, 02:16 PM
@hyst-gundam

I'm not sure just getting rid of Aizen would fix the plot. Without Aizen, he would have technically nothing left, and would have to sell us a completely new believable story and plot, completely unrelated to like 5+ years of the manga. I'm not so sure he can pull it off.

Hystzen
August 15, 2010, 02:25 PM
@hyst-gundam

I'm not sure just getting rid of Aizen would fix the plot. Without Aizen, he would have technically nothing left, and would have to sell us a completely new believable story and plot, completely unrelated to like 5+ years of the manga. I'm not so sure he can pull it off.

it can be fixed easily...kill aizen...then have ichigo go back to school doing usual school...skip 2 or 3 years...introduce VLs or RG....Aizen is no longer needed he become a god job done. ..move over for next villain

ChiiChoh
October 06, 2010, 09:55 PM
Just a personal opinion, but I think Bleach has reached the end point. I mean pretty much on the latest chapter on Bleach (manga) (chapter 422). There might be a possible ending on the next chapter. I might be wrong so don't chew me out here. Just what you think?

Arrogance
October 06, 2010, 10:12 PM
Just a personal opinion, but I think Bleach has reached the end point. I mean pretty much on the latest chapter on Bleach (manga) (chapter 422). There might be a possible ending on the next chapter. I might be wrong so don't chew me out here. Just what you think?
Hey AK11, I moved your post here because its a general misconception of many people based on recent developments of bleach as well as people hyping up this rumor. Bleach is not ending to our knowledge. Kubo has given no hints to which Bleach will be ending but instead has given us much insight into what will be happening in the future. He mentioned 2 more arcs in an interview, one short and one long. One focusing more in Isshin. So that being said Bleach is not ending, at least for now. When it does, I'm sure Kubo will make it apparent ;).

ChiiChoh
October 06, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hey AK11, I moved your post here because its a general misconception of many people based on recent developments of bleach as well as people hyping up this rumor. Bleach is not ending to our knowledge. Kubo has given no hints to which Bleach will be ending but instead has given us much insight into what will be happening in the future. He mentioned 2 more arcs in an interview, one short and one long. One focusing more in Isshin. So that being said Bleach is not ending, at least for now. When it does, I'm sure Kubo will make it apparent ;).

Lol, sorry. I had a feeling that my post wasn't on the right place.
I see, so 2 new arcs huh? I just based that Bleach was coming to an end since Ichigo just lost all his shinigami powers therefore just living a normal life and such is kind of expected. But we shall see ;D
thanks for the information (:

Charlie
October 06, 2010, 10:26 PM
From what I recall, whatever Mayuri found in HM, is tied to Isshin's back-story somehow. I read that in an interview somewhere. So Bleach isn't over yet.

Arrogance
October 06, 2010, 10:36 PM
From what I recall, whatever Mayuri found in HM, is tied to Isshin's back-story somehow. I read that in an interview somewhere. So Bleach isn't over yet.
Yes, from what I recall the bodies he found are supposed to play a role for the future of bleach. There are also too many unanswered questions and Kubo isn't the type of guy to leave us hanging. Its just that the way in which he writes is that he gradually reveals things throughout the story and why revealing things and hinting at things more questions are brought up. This I feel is what keeps me engaged and many engaged is that we are continually getting pieces of things which allow us to speculate, predict, and discuss on all the aspects of bleach. :D

igotthegoods
October 06, 2010, 10:53 PM
Actually, the posts belong in this thread. :cookiehand

Reminder: Please remember not to discuss the current chapter or spoilers here until 48 hours after the chapter has been released. Thanks~

But no, I don't believe Bleach is ending any time soon. As a lot of others have said, Isshin's backstory and the significance of those bodies of Mayuri need to be addressed at the very least, plus a bunch of other stuff. Btw, the interview Charlie mentioned can be found in this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27618).

mikaman
October 11, 2010, 09:34 AM
As a story bleach has ended in my opinion. There is some explanations left to do, but continuing "the main story" with Ichigo would be pointless. At the beginning of bleach Ichigo gained shinigami powers and now he has lost those powers. Starting again with Ichigo gaining powers.... would just be stupid. For a closure timeskip can be done, but I wouldn't expect that arc to be very long.

Eprst
October 11, 2010, 10:04 AM
I hope manga will take us deeper into the world of Bleach, i hope we will see Spirit King and his kingdom. Thats the only possible way to move on. Hueco Mundo and Sould society wereinvestigated enough :)

anrufen
October 11, 2010, 03:15 PM
Anyway, as i was saying....I cant say whether it will end or not...but if Kubo wanted it to continue, instead of leaving hints of it continuing in interviews...i wud rather like it if he had done so in his story....instead of going with a chapter with a tone of such finality! But most seem very hopeful (i am not one of them...I wud like bleach to end while the taste is still good in the mouth)...it wud be funny if it really did end!

TheProtege
October 12, 2010, 10:41 AM
how many chaps til the end?...anyone kno?

Rumina Asagi
October 12, 2010, 11:11 AM
^ it's been stated multiple times, there'll be an arc with isshin's backstory (a short one) and a long term arc lasting 2 - 3 years, so there's plenty to go.

bigman
October 12, 2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but has anyone considered that the manga is ending? Looking at the new OP and ED from this week's episode it really gave me the feeling that its over with edited clips of the first episode in the OP. And the ED showing every single character that was ever in the manga; relevant ones, not relevant ones and dead ones. I must of missed something but why is everyone so sure there are more arcs?

thornofcarrion
October 13, 2010, 06:11 AM
bigman I can speak for myself and perhaps others as well, there are so many puzzles or mysteries in Bleach that we need to know. You can't imagine someone like Kubo, leaving so much unknown and end the series. Lets see, we need to know about Isshin and how he is related to SS, more info about Urahara and his stay on earth, king of SS, VLs, the bodies in SA's lab, etc. Anime's OP or ED are not a valid reference if you ask me.

Hystzen
October 13, 2010, 06:40 AM
the OP and END are just teaser for that arc..they dont prove anything..member the 2nd opening...showed histu vs uryu did that happen ..no.

after seeing how long kubo dragged out the FKT and Deicide arc i think Bleach has 5 years left or 4 minium..1 year hopefully of isshin gaiden...3+ years of the end arc...but is Kubo doesnt change his mind and decide to split into more arcs