PDA

View Full Version : Discussion One Piece: Coming to an End!?

Hiruma-Kun
March 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
I say no not at all for a number of reasons:amuse

1. Of course their is no pirate king (monkey D Luffy)

2.The trailer for 10th movie just came out and it looks good and its not out yet and it looks like it will explain alot

3.Luffy stated(i think) he wanted 10 crew members before sailing to the grand line and now if im not mistaken they have 8 and it takes a prettly long time to get one.

4.Each crew member has yet to obtain one of there dreams.

5.All four of the yankou havnt been revealed

6.Luffy has yet to meet his dad. And shows no sighn of anythime soon:mad

7.And also at the end of the chapter whehn ace and blackbeard fought it said "the fight of these to pirates was said to be the trigger of the great incident yet to come" i dont know if thats happened yet but i dont think so

Discusss:)

wing_gundam
March 13, 2008, 09:41 PM
idk things move so slowly in OP...

you could go for 400 chapters moving nowhere and then in the last one a big party and everything is revealed...

Akainu
March 14, 2008, 06:00 AM
it's been 10 years now and we've just reached the somewhat halfwaypoint of grandline so it'll be a bit longer than just three more years I guess.
also imho one piece doesn't move on that slow because as soon as the story kinda stops moving forward its time for development of figthingskills and traits.

ryusuke_
March 15, 2008, 10:20 AM
More than three years. Sure :P

We still have an amazing bunch of enemies and people, the number of mysteries grows every new arc... I hope I'll have One Piece for 5 years at least :P

Ustegius
March 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
Well, One piece isn't kind of series which moves on fast. In most shonen, every story arc is some how tied togerher with overall plot. It isnt the case wit OP. In OP with every new arc comes a new island. And with every island comes it's own complex adventure with deep plot. And every new arc contais only little "puzzle pieces" of the overall plot, just hinting us what happening in rest of the world. And the more puzzle pieces we find, the more clearer the overall plot picture comes, and as we know it isnt very clear pisture yet, so there be still a lot of One piece before the end.

I choose "I never want it to end" cause the seperate arc plots are just so intensive and awesome. I could even live with it that OP didnt even have a overall plot, though this puzzle makes things lot more exiting and interesting, of course ;)

kkck
March 23, 2008, 10:17 PM
Well, technically the strawhats are just halfway across the grandline, so i dont think the manga is anywhere near the end.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
March 28, 2008, 07:33 AM
Definitively more than 3 years but everything what is good has to end someday :(

Anyarel
March 28, 2008, 09:50 AM
It'll end in ten years I think but I'd like it to never end. xDD

Inkovic
March 29, 2008, 03:43 AM
It'll die over Luffy's dead body!!

Anyarel
March 29, 2008, 09:41 AM
NOOOO! ^^

I don't want Luffy to die!
They can stop the manga when he'll be Pirate King but I hope it'll be in ten years or even more. And I hope Oda-sensei will write other mangas after One Piece. ^____^
But I'll miss One Piece when it's finished. xDD

The Boff
March 29, 2008, 02:00 PM
you do realize that they just came to the halfway point of the Grandline right?
so 10 years to go halfway around the world. could probably take another 10 years for the other half.

as long as it doesnt loose its greatness im all for that!

marte1980
March 31, 2008, 03:54 AM
you do realize that they just came to the halfway point of the Grandline right?
so 10 years to go halfway around the world. could probably take another 10 years for the other half.
as long as it doesnt loose its greatness im all for that!
Actually it seems to be getting better.

Captaaain_Usop
April 01, 2008, 12:20 PM
i love that thought!! am 22 years old and am gona finish it when am 32 :darn
hahahaha that would be fun !!! watching it with my children and all :darn baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :/

Wale
April 01, 2008, 11:22 PM
i love that thought!! am 22 years old and am gona finish it when am 32

I know what you mean.. :D I was 11, when i first saw One Piece and will be 27 when One Piece ends.. :D

lordHokage
April 02, 2008, 07:58 AM
I don't see One Piece coming to an end soon. There are still too many mysteries that need to be solved. :blink

Captaaain_Usop
April 02, 2008, 11:42 AM
i couldnt agree more, there are many many characters that are not explored yet not to mension those whome we saw glimpses of and are yet to get in action..i'd say at least 5-8 more years.

bokbokchui
May 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
10 more years that how i see it 10 more golden years~~

Imitorar
May 21, 2008, 07:26 PM
Actually, when Oda said 10 years, it was about 1 year ago, so I'd say that we have about 9 years left of One Piece.

The Boff
May 22, 2008, 08:06 AM
Actually, when Oda said 10 years, it was about 1 year ago, so I'd say that we have about 9 years left of One Piece.

which is friggin sweet. 9 more years of awesomness.

yoniekai
May 22, 2008, 08:54 AM
i've yet to be dissapointed in a one piece arc and so far its only getting better and better that's its mindblowing. 100 years!

Tru_TO
January 17, 2009, 09:13 AM
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=15891&highlight=interview&page=4

check this 10th Aniversery interview *its true*, Oda says that One Piece is only halfway till the conclusion. Does that mean that One Piece will go for another 10 years? Don't you think that is kinda too long?

andreeb99
January 17, 2009, 01:21 PM
IMO im kinda glad its nowhere near the end, as long as it doesnt get like dragon ball where everyone gets insanely stronger every few minutes.

bittman
January 17, 2009, 08:39 PM
Sometimes in our lives there are people who dedicate themselves to one piece (pun) of work above all others. I would rather one awesome work from an awesome writer than 3 100 chapter long stories.

And no, I don't think it is kind of long. I think it's kind of awesome and will easily stand the test of time. One Piece tells a story way better than any other manga I've ever read and if you think another manga is better you're either blind, eleven years old or prefer stories that have 1 good chapter a month.

BlackHair
January 18, 2009, 05:17 AM
At this point I can't see One Piece running for 8/9 years. Coz in the upcoming war will be many character who play a major role let to fight each other and are probably forced to show their abilities. So almost everyone who is known as a hindrance/enemy/rival of Luffy (including the Supernova, not all but some of them) will probably fight. If things will be already cleared now, then there won't be much in the future.

By comparing the pace Oda had in the past, I think he is (not slowly) running towards the end. I mean there is just a short interval between the revealing of Hancock/Jimbei, Rayleigh/Kizaru. Im also expecting Akainu in near future.

Oda is just a human himself, I don't think we should take his past interviews as absolute law. There could be a change of plans due to any kind of circumstances. xD

Gecko Moria
January 19, 2009, 05:49 PM
I dont want OP to end! >.< But realistically, it'll still be awhile since there are many untied plot knots e.g. the unjustice of the WG, the Strawhat crew's many goals etc etc

Franky Px666
January 22, 2009, 07:30 PM
Let's just hope OP end first, before the world does.

OdaForPresident
January 28, 2009, 08:20 AM
One piece will end, but not for another 10 years or so. So many mysteries still remain. How long did we have to wait for a comment about Ace's different last name? There are many more such questions waiting to be answered. One piece will end as soon as Luffy is pirate king (aprox. 10 years) or if the series would stop being popular. With the kind of stuff Oda is creating now, I don't see that happening.

knivez
January 28, 2009, 12:07 PM
and after 10 years we will get one pieze Z !

Tru_TO
February 28, 2009, 02:27 AM
<hr noshade size="1">
I agree 15 years is too much i mean 10 years already a long time. Imagine a in another 10 years a 15-17 year old who read Op Will have to read like 800-1000 chapters to catch up to the story and i'm not sure if any of you notised yet but the chapters pace is gettin fast, but its still good. OP wil end in another 9-10 years but i still would Love OP.

Dice
February 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
Wow being able to read 800-1000 chapters would be soooo nice. A few days reading. If you ask me I wouldn't mind if it's something like One Piece^^

Googlez_kun
February 28, 2009, 10:31 AM
i think there will be 600-700 chapters
100 chapters for the big thing and 500 for the new world.

The Boff
February 28, 2009, 11:09 AM
Imagine a in another 10 years a 15-17 year old who read Op Will have to read like 800-1000 chapters to catch up to the story

yeah dude that would be AWESOME! the week wait sucks. im the kinda guy that want everything at once. to power through 1000 chaps of OP would be bliss.

kkck
February 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
I dont think OP will be coming to an end any time soon. Technically they are just in the middle of their adventure since they have just travelled half the world, visiting elbaf is a given, there are two more yonkuo waiting to be introduced. There is a whole bigger plot in which the strawhats are not all that involve yet (dragon, BC ect...). There is just too much going on for the manga to be close to ending.

Gecko Moria
March 01, 2009, 03:14 AM
<hr noshade size="1">
I agree 15 years is too much i mean 10 years already a long time. Imagine a in another 10 years a 15-17 year old who read Op Will have to read like 800-1000 chapters to catch up to the story and i'm not sure if any of you notised yet but the chapters pace is gettin fast, but its still good. OP wil end in another 9-10 years but i still would Love OP.

Unfortunately, many people are getting put off starting OP because they'll have to read read so many chapters to catch up. Others are just starting from the somewhere near the current chapters, again this is unfortunate since they're missing out on epic chapters from earlier:darn

bittman
March 02, 2009, 11:01 PM
Haha, I just started Hajime no Ippo, so obviously size doesn't daunt me. People who do complain about the length are funnily enough those who read things like Naruto or Bleach which are almost just as long.

Lord Rayleigh
March 03, 2009, 05:51 PM
We must have a 1000th epic chapter.
And we have too many things to see. When I began to read One Piece, I was thinking that it would never be possible to put an end to the manga because of all the things Luffy would have to do to be recognized as PK ; I was thinking it would never be possible for our heroe to achieve his quest even with all his life. So, do not worry that the world is vast and that Luffy's travel is not finished yet.

GeckoMoria
March 05, 2009, 11:17 PM
luffy is the greatest freaking character ever and so is his crew ill be damned if the story ends before any of them achieve their goals and beat down all the guys in their way :) which is about another 6-9 years in my opinion.

Rock-a-Dillo
March 06, 2009, 10:05 AM
i think,One Piece will last for about 8-9 years, with still tons of thing waiting to be revealed.
think if when I'm about 15 or 17 and OP is at it's 1000 chapter or so, i wouldn't be turned down by it, actually i think i would want to know what makes this Manga has that much of Chapter.
If you think about it, if when OP is at it's 1000 chapter and I'm 15-17. if i bought 5 Tankobon a week, i could finish reading all of it in about 3-4 months.
i mean i start reading OP in it's 38's volumes and collect all of it in 2 weeks and turns into OP tard since first glance.

so GO ONE PIECE!!!

shaula_aelas
March 11, 2009, 06:45 PM
I feel that Oda got so much more to tell, and him being the genius he is knows how to take the concept and make it work in his particular way of bring it to life, to my great delight. How i love that man.

knives_rules_world
March 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
Aah my first post and i want to use it to say that one piece will never end.No matter wat onepiece will never end, wether it countinues for the next 500 years or rather 500 years from now somebody is still watching it. Two things in this world are absolute there is no god and one piece is a great show.

Metal D. Reaper
March 16, 2009, 04:11 AM
Ok think of it my opinion 10 years easily
1)There only on 1/5 of their story They never been in North West or South Blue plus a arc could consist with sanji meeting his family in North Blue

2)New ennemies think about this too the shishibukai were in the first half off grand line in the new world the gouvernement controls nothing soo stronger pirates off luffy levels off now with eas don't you think

3)He didn't meet his father yet and that could be a arc long because the tells a story and luffy gets mad and blablabla

4)we didn't see luffy measure up against a admiral witch are stronger than shishibukai just think of kizaru's power or ao kiji's light and ice but we don't even now the power of sengoku and we don't even now the name of the head master of the marines also we're not done with rayleigh because he is 100 times stronger than the whole Strawhat and garp said also that he didn't wanted to face 2 legends at the same time could indicate on a twin
plus we don't now why rayleigh wanted too meet Luffy he wanted to meet him and I wanna no more

5)Just think of it oda said that things get longer than expected sooothat also means that his predictions could be longer than you think when he fought 1.5 year it became already 10 years now he days 10 years to go that could easely be 20 years hahhahah i would be 36 and still reading one piece and my kids wodering what is so good about that LOL

6)Oda will continou to suprise us and this is absolutely not the end of One piece because even shanks whent to West blue for finding the One piece.
Also their are many more Supernova's that are in one piece but weren't on the archibelo.Think of it it would be weird that their were only 11 dudes on grand line that their bounty surpas 100.000.000 berry

My case is done

Shadoguardian
April 08, 2009, 08:55 AM
That would be nice, for the manga to go on for another 2-300 more chapters, maybe even more. However if you look at the pattern from other shonen jump manga, all of them end before reaching 600, and I don't think One Piece is going to be an exception. It should probably end within 1-200 chapters.
Oda probably won't continue Luffy's adventures after he reaches the New World. It's like that in alot of shonen, where they stop a story before it is completed leaving alot of mysteries behind. If he does continue it, it would probably be as a new series, like with Dragonball and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Imitorar
April 08, 2009, 09:27 AM
Five words for you: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Kochikame.

By the way, Dragon Ball was never continued as a new series. The manga was called "Dragon Ball" from chapter 1 through chapter 519. The anime got the "Z" added, but that was Toei's decision. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure kept the name for 594 chapters, after which Araki of his own will had Part 6 labeled as an almost seperate series. If you look, the tankobon for Part 6 were labled "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean" and were numbered by what volume of Stone Ocean they were, with the number they were of JoJo as a whole in parentheses under it. So that wasn't really a "renaming". Steel Ball Run was completely renamed, but that's because it was originally SUPPOSED to be a seperate series, but because Araki reused so many elements from JoJo, he decided to retroactively make Steel Ball Run Part 7. But again, that wasn't because the editors made him do it or anything, he did it because he wanted to.

Besides, there have been shonen from other magazines that went on for far longer than 600 chapters. Weekly Shonen Sunday's Detective Conan will hit 700 chapters in about 4 months, and I dunno how close to the end it is. Weekly Shonen Magazine's Hajime no Ippo is nearly 900 chapters long, and I dunno how close it is to ending either. Plus, even if there weren't precedents (even precedents from Jump itself) there's still no rule about a manga ending within 600 chapters. Just because most manga-ka either haven't wanted to continue their series for that long or haven't been able to sustain enough popularity to allow them to continue that long doesn't mean that Oda couldn't if he didn't want to. And he's said that he's committed to seeing One Piece through to the end that he envisioned for it back in 1997, and I think that if JoJo and Kochikame can stay popular enough to keep them going even 23 and 33 years respectively after they began, then One Piece shouldn't have a problem with staying around for the 10-15 more years that it will take for Oda to finish the story.

By the way, a lot of manga end with mysteries still to be revealed and with new horizons just ahead, but those are usually manga that have been canceled. Considering One Piece's status in current Japanese pop culture and its sales, I think that as of now, we don't need to worry about One Piece getting canceled within 61 chapters, thankfully.

Tru_TO
April 17, 2009, 08:51 AM
One Piece probably will go 10 years maximum because

Oda says the strawhat crew is halfway to One Piece. Not that the series is halfway over.

There is a distance from the start of the series to One Piece, that distance is X.

There is a time frame from the release of One Piece until the finale, that time will be Y.

X and Y are not the same.

What *I* am saying, is that Luffy is halfway to getting One Piece, but we the reader are about 65% done the series, because NOW that they are entering the New World and are all getting much stronger - things are going to progress MUCH quicker than they did before. More powerful opponents, taken out quicker.

This giant war is going to start putting all the puzzle pieces together, and leaving very little to the imagination. All mysterious characters will be revealed soon, and after that it's just a question of how long it will take Luffy to rise up.

So HE is half-way there, but WE are more than half-way done.

I also think this because after entering the New World, we won't have arcs like Skypiea, because Oda will start focusing on the main-plot line which is Dragon, Blank Century, Ancient Kingdom, Roger's past and the Yonkou. So i'd say another 8 years or 10 maximum

Akainu
April 17, 2009, 09:06 AM
because NOW that they are entering the New World and are all getting much stronger - things are going to progress MUCH quicker than they did before. More powerful opponents, taken out quicker.

makes no sense whatsoever. if they get stronger but their enemies also why should it go any faster?

also who tells us that its not the other way around and WE are just about 35% getting there despite Luffy being there 50% ? That is if Oda wants to take breaks or maybe One Piece going on hiatus or whatever.

sure, it seems like he sped up a little or at least that's what we readers feel, but apart from that I for one see no evidence for a fast ending - he might even have a reason to go so fast at the moment.

That aside I couldn't not agree on the 10 years :amuse

Imitorar
April 17, 2009, 10:11 AM
His reason to rush, based on what he's said in some recent SBS's, seems to be a desire to get into the New World already. I think he's afraid of losing control of his pacing again and spending another 3 years on the war and the aftermath. That's why he actually gave himself a time-frame for the Impel Down arc, even though the last time he tried something like that it went very far from well. Because within the next year or so (note that it's been 4 months since he said that the Impel Down arc would take a year), I think Oda really wants to do the New World crossing, because he has so much planned for it, but it's taking him forever to get there. Hopefully he'll calm down and stop trying to rush things a bit once they cross, but we can't know until it happens.

Oh, and by the way, Oda DID say that the story was half over (http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=744457&postcount=72), though that was about a year and a half ago. Well, he said that he'd like to think that it was half over, I guess he was bearing in mind his issues with his pacing.

BlackHair
April 20, 2009, 09:24 AM
Im not sure If I got Tru_TO (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1317807&postcount=44) right, but I believe we share the same opinion.

IF Oda intends to draw the War in detail, then he is forced to show the ability's of the reaming hidden character. Which were until now mysterious like Mihawk, WB, Dragon, Garp etc. Now if Oda reveals these character already now, then there won't be much left for the future story of OP. Unlike Bleach or DragonBall, One Piece introduced certain character early on and Oda let them in background which made them mysterious. Now if he intends to reveal theses character, the story would loose it's momentum. Well he could still create new character and make up excuses why they didn't attend to the War or he could let the left character still in the story, but I can't imagine that this would please me.

It would be similar to Bleach: In SS arc many captain already revealed their Bankai, yet Kobo still gives these Bankai one chapter frames, which is in my eyes pathetic. He just wants his Manga to run longer, for whatever reason. I just don't want One Piece to become sth similar to that.

So if Oda really intends to draw the War in detail, I hope he ends One Piece soon after, with a good end. Which would be probably around 4-5 years. If he decides just to draw the Opening and the result of the war, then he still got 8/9 years with a great story. But given the pace Oda has now (he introduced Ray, Kiz, Han, Jinbei in short intervals), I think it will most likely 4-5. Well lets wait.

firework
April 24, 2009, 11:48 PM
i dont see it ending soon. theres so much we havent learned, and many think we havent really reached the halfway mark

we're at approx = 500 chapts right now, so 500 more
50 chapts a year approx
so about 10 years left, in 2018

my maths not the greatest =p

Tru_TO
April 25, 2009, 12:05 AM
yeah and it looks like he's gonna introduce the other Yonkou pretty soon, cuz he collided with WB, but Shanks stopped him so we'll see

uchiha-Kakashi
April 25, 2009, 03:51 AM
It think it is going to an end, because zorro sanji and co. are there where tey want to be and i dont have an idea how they will meet again.

OH and Whity is going to die.

Sanji on the island full of gaylords !!!!!

BlackHair
June 06, 2009, 12:07 AM
Im taking back the 4-5 years prediction. I would rather define the end with the amount of arcs, not real time years. Since that is stupid, I mean what if Oda spends 3 years on the WB vs WG arc. He already spend two years on Cp9 arc, so not really unlikely.

So I think OP will end in 3-4 arcs xD Counting in the current arc. We will have a Elbaf arc, maybe another arc and finally the last arc, in which every dream of the SHs is connected.

Lord Rayleigh
June 06, 2009, 06:03 AM
For me, the WG-WB war means the beginning of the new era in the one Luffy will have to become the new PK. That is the transition between the golden age of pirates and the Luffy era : that means the SHs will have to create their own influence after this war.
And I do not think he will be so easy even if the major protagonists got weaker/died. After all, the SHs will have to travel in the New World that will be more hazardous than it was : it was said WB was the only barrier to the NW madness. With this war, WB will not be able to do that job anymore anymore as he will be already busy with the WG : I think that even if Ace is saved, the war will not be finished : WB wants to destroy the Five Stars, the ones that are ruling the WG : this battle will not solve the problem if the WB pirates are not totally beaten.
So, it will take a certain time for the SHs to make it in the NW as it will be the worst moment to go there. That means One Piece is not coming to an end : it is just the beginning of the second part of the manga.

Akainu
June 06, 2009, 06:31 AM
Im taking back the 4-5 years prediction. I would rather define the end with the amount of arcs, not real time years. Since that is stupid, I mean what if Oda spends 3 years on the WB vs WG arc. He already spend two years on Cp9 arc, so not really unlikely.

So I think OP will end in 3-4 arcs xD Counting in the current arc. We will have a Elbaf arc, maybe another arc and finally the last arc, in which every dream of the SHs is connected.

Exchange arc for saga and leave the one running at the moment out then I think I can agree. After all the CP9 saga contained the arcs at W7, EL, W7 again and maybe even before.
That said Oda just mentioned in one of the last SBS that the story is at the halfway point ... again, he also did so a year ago ... and that he made it longer than he wanted to (he wanted everyone to be able to own the tanks of the whole series) but he still has much to tell.

BlackHair
June 06, 2009, 01:34 PM
My mistake, a saga contains several arcs which is directly linked. So with the current War/New Age saga + Elbaf Saga/Arc + unknown Saga/Arc + last SHs dream Saga.

Tru_TO
June 07, 2009, 07:38 PM
its gonna end in 8-10 years.

Franckie
June 08, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have a hard time seeing this series last for no more than 300 chapters. Luffy is already messing around with the most powerful fighters and the most powerful mofo - Blackbeard - has officially begun to make his move. After Luffy masters his Haki (the strongest type btw) and maybe tack on a new Gear or two, he'll be more than a match for Blackbeard, Kizaru, Shanks, etc. From the way things are going and with Oda's comments that we're now halfway through the story, it's clear-cut that the "New World" will be similar to Part II Naruto where the series begins to be actively involved with the main plotlines.

Then again, this is Oda we're talking about. Who knows what new and random things will be upon us once the "New World" finally kicks in.

braindamage351
June 08, 2009, 10:54 PM
Obviously this series has much longer to go. I mean, sure it seems like it might be coming to an end. But Water Seven -> Enies lobby lasted 100 chapters. Jaya -> Skypeia was 80 chapters. Thriller Bark was 40. Alabasta was 60 (just the parts in the actual country, not including Baroque works). Even after Luffy reaches end of series strength, it'll probably still take 50-100 chapters to finish things, but we're nowhere near that.

There still has to be the Whitebeard battle, Reuniting the crew, going to Merman Island, encounters with the Yonkou and Dragon, finally experiencing some islands in the New World, going to Elbaf, going to see Vegapunk, battling Smoker, competing with other Supernovas, finding out why it's so impossible to reach One Piece and overcoming that obstacle (Whitebeard has pretty much free reign in the New World, so obviously there's a catch), and then the final arc where the Strawhats have their epic final battles, where Luffy beats Blackbeard and becomes the pirate king, Zoro beats Mihawk and becomes the ultimate swordsman, Sanji finds All-Blue, Robin finds out the true history and the Strawhats overthrow the current evil government, which gets replaced by good guys like Coby and Smoker.

Honestly, considering the constantly expanding arcs, I'd be tentative about even saying we're half-way through the manga.

zerocooldx
June 09, 2009, 09:27 AM
Honestly if Oda decides to continue at his current pace, then One Piece is probably somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way done. Which could very well mean a few more years of One Piece, and i mean why not? It's not as if One Piece has waivered, if anything its only picking up momentum, market and popularity wise that is.

Tru_TO
June 10, 2009, 05:47 AM
i love the current pace, i love it how its so fast and One Piece at its prime imo, i hope it goes like this and i hope it ends on 1000 chapters, that would be legendary status and i wanna see Oda's mecha manga too.

lan2cp
June 10, 2009, 08:20 AM
With all the stuff that's left to do and considering that they are in no way close to restarting their journey through the tougher half of the grandline, i'd say that OnePiece is probably one 30-40% done. I seriously think that this manga will go for 1200+ chapters. Well, I hope so anyways ;)

Tru_TO
June 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
i wudn't want 1200 chapters, that would be too long and i want to see the ending.

deffkryz
June 13, 2009, 07:21 PM
i wudn't want 1200 chapters, that would be too long and i want to see the ending.

What makes you think, that 1200 are too long for One Piece? Kubo's stretching his manga to get to the 1'000 chapters milestone - so why cut the real good stuff?

Actually - I know I can only speak for myself - wouldn't mind spending 11 more years reading One Piece.

Arth
June 13, 2009, 09:45 PM
I can spend all of my life reading One Piece :D

But like they say, all good things come to an end :(

Googlez_kun
June 14, 2009, 07:39 AM
i'm actually loosing interest in one piece now...maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore OP fan and the recent chapters are lame and boring imho,so that's why i agree with True_TO....

Akainu
June 14, 2009, 09:29 AM
If you're loosing interest you can always stop reading, it's not like Oda forces his work onto you. However the story is still far from finished and the important people (Japanese as only the sales there count) are still buying and reading it.

For One Piece being 1200 chapters long, even Oda was against that in the first place, as he intended One Piece to be a story everyone can buy each tank from.
Now that he is over 50 volumes this goal is clearly missed as children surely won't pay more than 250 € for buying the old ones alone, right? Thus he is still continuing the story in the same natural flow with neither rushing nor dragging it.

[and a short personal note: honestly if you find it boring near such a climax it might really be the wrong manga for you]

Castriota
June 15, 2009, 12:46 AM
whenever i'm bored and have nothing to do, i always find myself going back and reading the water 7 arc for some reason. that was like, my favorite arc.

anyways, i don't think one piece is coming to a close any time soon. there's just too much that is still left unsaid. the other two yonkou, akainu, the new world.

Skyrius
June 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
One Piece is never going to end. It's going to go on and on forever *in denial*

Although, in all honesty, I think this second half is going to last even longer than 10 years. I mean, the first half spent a good 100+ chapters on arcs that didn't relate to anything about the actual history of the world (blank century, world government, etc), but with the second half, everything has begun to move. You can bet that they still have to solve the history of the world, resolve the problem of the WG and revolutionary army, face off or at least meet all of the Yonkai, and I get the feeling Blackbeard and Vegapunk will end up playing a big part. So, if each one of these gets an arc as long as the major ones so far, we're in for a long ride.

Not that I'm complaining. I've never once been disappointed in One Piece. It only seems to get better.

Musashi_Keiji
June 16, 2009, 09:50 PM
i'm actually loosing interest in one piece now...maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore OP fan and the recent chapters are lame and boring imho,so that's why i agree with True_TO....

Holy Crap are you serious!!!!?

I thought all the chapters since Luffy got into Impel Down have been pure excitement, funny, and action packed one after another.

Shabondy arc and the first half of Thriller Bark i thought were pretty slow paced and boring but these chapters right now are amazing! maybe we aren't reading the same manga....

Anyways back on topic:
I think there was an interview with Oda right after the CP9 arc had ended that asked how much more is left for one piece. He stated that one piece had reached the half way mark at that point. Considering that there is at least another 9years worth of One Piece left :D

As long as Oda can keep making exciting and good story arcs like the one now, I dont mind if OP keeps going for another 10years.

Tru_TO
June 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
think about it, Oda also wants to do a Mecha manga and 15 years would be dragging it. Plus Oda has picked up the pace and the manga is way better cuz of that so i think another 8-10 years would be fit. The First half of Grand Line builds all the questions and in the New World they will soon start revealing stuff.
GL: Questions
NW: Answers.

Black Lagoon
June 21, 2009, 11:14 AM
One piece is the greatest manga I have ever read, I dream with OP, it's a master piece and I totally agree with
@deffkryz -

DSJump
June 21, 2009, 04:29 PM
Since the crew is now split up, I say that we haven't come halfway through yet :P

BlindMunkey
June 21, 2009, 04:36 PM
One Piece! any logical fan of this manga would know before asking if its gonna end soon? and for the part losing interest. well buddy too bad for you. you are the one and only and im not jealous.

modoki
July 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
Well as a diehard of one piece, i would say that at this very point in the manga One piece is halfway, the moment luffy steps foot into the new world and proceeds from there. Do keep in mind guys for the anime version, it's one arc + filler a year. Of course the manga version we would not include the filler.

Getting to the point, the real points and threats (Gorusei, Void Century, Pluton, 2 more Yonkou ( Kaidou and ??), Raftel.

If you look at it in this pov, that will all take realistically 6-7 years to completely cover.

Black Lagoon
July 22, 2009, 04:44 AM

I didn't found anything boring until now (and will never found :tem), man the recent chapters are amazing, epic, a master piece Oda is simply a f**king master :worship2

Poneglyph420
July 23, 2009, 11:23 PM
Well as a diehard of one piece, i would say that at this very point in the manga One piece is halfway, the moment luffy steps foot into the new world and proceeds from there. Do keep in mind guys for the anime version, it's one arc + filler a year. Of course the manga version we would not include the filler.

Getting to the point, the real points and threats (Gorusei, Void Century, Pluton, 2 more Yonkou ( Kaidou and ??), Raftel.

If you look at it in this pov, that will all take realistically 6-7 years to completely cover.

For sure.. I heard Oda has said is SBS he planned for 1000 or more episodes.. so we are truly halfway to the end. But up to now we have only seen what the SH are like as rookies..
Oda has really done a good job of building a puzzle and now we can begin to figure it out.

I'm so psyched to see the NW!!

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2009, 08:57 AM
Holy Crap are you serious!!!!?

I thought all the chapters since Luffy got into Impel Down have been pure excitement, funny, and action packed one after another.

Shabondy arc and the first half of Thriller Bark i thought were pretty slow paced and boring but these chapters right now are amazing! maybe we aren't reading the same manga....

You really thought that Shabondy arc was boring??? With all the supernovas strange powers + their diferent and great personalities + the hilarious flying fish riders + The Gaou Cannon + the Tenryubito scums + meeting The Dark King + information on Rogers death + Kisaru (needless to say more) + Kumabots + the actual Kuma + the impossibility of winning against such foes which led to the actual DEFEAT of the SH!!
Simply amazing!! One *fucking master* Piece (as allways) Oda sensei *claps* at his best :thumbs!!!!

Back on Topic...
I think the NW will be shorter than the first half of GL... The pace seem to be picking up, and things will be changing a lot after this next fight the OP world will be shaken and Pirates/WG/revolutionares will have to strike faster to seize the opportunities that will surely apeear, so i say 6 years more or less...

EDIT: 1000 Posts!!!! O.o

Black Lagoon
July 24, 2009, 09:01 AM
For sure.. I heard Oda has said is SBS he planned for 1000 or more episodes.. so we are truly halfway to the end. But up to now we have only seen what the SH are like as rookies..
Oda has really done a good job of building a puzzle and now we can begin to figure it out.

I'm so psyched to see the NW!!

It's gonna awesome if it's true :wtf

chess4
July 24, 2009, 09:16 AM
wow a 1000 chpters. we may only be a bit over half way but so much to go. i love it....................... come on strwhats

NoLimit89
July 24, 2009, 07:39 PM
It would be awesome if they finished it on the 1000th chapter and not just some arbitrary number. It would really be THE perfect manga series.

and yea. I also agree that up until now, all the strawhats are rookies and lacked some real experience. even though I do agree that they all have grown alot, but I like to see the next 450 chapters to show how they'll grow into real heroes in the new world. with Luffy becoming the free-est AND strongest in the world by the end of the manga.

Googlez_kun
July 28, 2009, 06:39 AM
okay i changed my mind after reading the last chapter!!:D^^
now i'm really eager to know what happens next:p

DARK
August 20, 2009, 03:51 PM
What makes you think, that 1200 are too long for One Piece? Kubo's stretching his manga to get to the 1'000 chapters milestone - so why cut the real good stuff?

Actually - I know I can only speak for myself - wouldn't mind spending 11 more years reading One Piece.

Kubo? You mean, Bleach. Right now it is at the 370 mark (390 if one includes the Pendulum arc and those omake chapters). One Piece is at 550; I doubt One Piece will extend to the 1000 mark.

deffkryz
August 20, 2009, 05:09 PM
Kubo? You mean, Bleach. Right now it is at the 370 mark (390 if one includes the Pendulum arc and those omake chapters). One Piece is at 550; I doubt One Piece will extend to the 1000 mark.

So you don't believe Oda who said that One Piece is only about half way done right before giving a glimpse on Jinbei on the last Jump Festa? It was the Jump Festa back in 2008 were he gave a preview on Jinbei, wasn't it?

Tru_TO
August 21, 2009, 05:26 PM
One Piece is not going to go for another 10-12 years. Oda already has the ending in mind and he also wants to do a mecha manga. It'll end in about 5-9 years. I really hope it doesn't go for another 10-12 years.

Shadoguardian
August 22, 2009, 06:34 AM
Can anyone tell me if there are any Shonen Jump mangas that have gone beyond 600 chapters, without changing there hero or name (like "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure") and not made up of different sequel and prequel stories?

Maybe I should also include gag mangas in the "do not include list"?

Akainu
August 22, 2009, 07:19 AM
Kochikame with around 1600 chapters :amuse
I know it's an unfair example since it has a more episodic style but it is possible to go beyond 1000 - Oda himself jsut stated he had given up on One Piece being a manga that everyone could afford all volumes of (talking about children especially, not young adults)

Raysen_ht
August 22, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hajime no Ippo is on the 800's...

EDIT: I didnt see the Shounen jum part of your post... but since i dont know in which magazine it is released, ill leave my post here.
[hr]
Detective Conan is 600+ also..

Shadoguardian
August 22, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hajime no Ippo is on the 800's...

EDIT: I didnt see the Shounen jum part of your post... but since i dont know in which magazine it is released, ill leave my post here.
<hr noshade size="1">
Detective Conan is 600+ also..

Hajime no Ippo was in Shonen Sunday.
Detective Conan was in Weekly Shonen Magazine.
Neither are Shonen Jump.

In any case, all I know is that, at the very least, the story won't end until we know more about the Devil Fruits. Oda promised in an SBS that in on of the future chapters a certain "doctor" was going to explain what the DF's really are. So until that is explained this series won't end.

ghadz04
June 15, 2011, 03:25 AM
It is 2011 already, and the SH is still missing 1 more crew I think.

Uriel
June 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
Another 10 years. :D
Well, I don't think it will end soon and We have read that this was half of the manga. So 1.000 chapter seems still little. I give it at least 1.300 chapters.

kronoman4
June 15, 2011, 02:15 PM
Oda actually stated in an interview that op has about 10 years left. About 2 years ago.

Sorry i didn't have time to read all the posts so im sorry if someone already posted this. Just trying to clear stuff up for people.