PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Blazer Drive by Kishimoto Seishi

yaminaruto
March 04, 2008, 08:07 AM
new seishi kishimoto manga is coming out called Blazer Drive, its going to be in shonen rival

*highjacks first post*

Blazer Drive

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/294/blazerdriveqh5.jpg

Series Info:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=25977
http://www.shonenrival.com/pc/title/index.html#brayzer

About the magazine (MSR RAW Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=769451#post769451)):
Kodansha is starting a new shounen magazine, titled Monthly Shounen Rival. The magazine will debut April 4th. According to the editor-in-chief, Masahiro Nouchi, the existence of a "rival" is important to the growth of every boy. The title intend for manga where protagonists challenge their rivals and games. If you ask me, I think we can expect lots of sports manga coming form Kodansha.
Info Source: http://www.manganews.net/news.php?article=946
Comipedia: http://comipedia.com/magazine/shounen-rival

Crude
March 04, 2008, 01:21 PM
Links?

yaminaruto
March 17, 2008, 10:21 PM
it was on animenewsnetwork don't have exact link right now didn't have pics or nothin tho

fkeidjn
March 17, 2008, 11:45 PM
Well, well, well... (http://www.shonenrival.com/pc/title/index.html#brayzer) the main character looks just like Jio, :o:o:o

Check this page (http://www.shonenrival.com/pc/index-top.html) often too, as it is being updated more and more till the first issue

I might subscribe to the magazine as well

eni
March 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
Hm, since it's confirmed... I splitted this from the 666 Satan thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531) :amuse

And yeah... whoot, a second Jio :o

fxu
March 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
needs moar info ;_;

fkeidjn
March 19, 2008, 12:12 AM
Would anybody be willing to translate the description?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/aacckkmmee/Clipboard01.png

fxu
March 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
<Mel_Luvz_Anime> first line says "near future stacker battle"
<Mel_Luvz_Anime> stacker or sticker, i dont know the story
<Mel_Luvz_Anime> Pasting stickers on the on the body results in the user having various attributes, their abilities are demonstrated by sticking tattoo's on the guys known as "blazer", a fantasy battle unfolds
<Mel_Luvz_Anime> thats what i understood so far, seems strange to me though

eni
March 19, 2008, 03:42 PM
A zanbatō user! :wtf

But the summary so far sounds meh to me. Stickertattoos and fantasy battles, hmmm... guess I'm getting to old for that kind of shounen. To bad, Kishi is able to present a nice mature shounen but for some reason he chooses not to do so ;___;

eternalmetal
March 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
Well, I think hes most likely trying to compete with his brother, who is making a very similar manga. He probably wants to make the next Naruto or Bleach, which are easily accessible teenage shounen titles. I enjoyed 666 Satan, so I will probably read this one too.

eni
March 21, 2008, 07:59 AM
I know, but seeing some happenings in 666 Satan (e.g. when Ruby enters and leaves Jio's soul or when beloved people die) are very touching and mature. Both brothers have a fantastic feeling for those topics, epic and dramatic scenes, but then especially Seishi always turns back to - rough said - kiddie shounen. I really like 666 Satan but I would have loved it forever if he just would have kept up that level of storytelling through the whole story.

I'm afraid with the new story concept he goes even more back to "shounen light", loosing a lot of potential :/

But well, first reading then screaming. I'll give it a try at least :)

Koen
March 31, 2008, 05:55 AM
I look forward to this one and it can't be worser than 666satan. Don't misunderstand me, 666satan always gave me mixed feelings: one way I liked it a lot but on another way I disliked it a lot too

The main character is jio-alike but for me it's good to something like that: people who were keen on 666satan will be relied to a character in blazer driver. They'll say: ah, jio was cool, this character will be too

The content is vague and can work out well

Fitrojoke
April 05, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for info XD !!!

asch
April 06, 2008, 07:29 AM
Hmmm he is really similar to Jio but at least Jio is cool.
Waiting for this!

Succubus
April 09, 2008, 02:22 AM

what I say.. it reminds me alot of Air Gear

Zoe
April 09, 2008, 10:02 AM
Kind of a downer for a first chapter...

barbapapa
April 09, 2008, 10:16 AM
I only saw the colour pages, but this looks pretty bad.

zenozatch
April 09, 2008, 10:38 AM
Okay. After seeing the chapter, I can't judge. I don't understand RAWs. xD I really want to see what the little elemental chips are all about though. I think it has potential, but Seishi does these damn monthly mangas, which isn't cool. It might be like HxH, it started slow and bad, but then picked up. Lets just wait for a scanlation.

barbapapa
April 09, 2008, 10:55 AM
HxH started superb imo =/

Koen
April 09, 2008, 06:42 PM
I only saw the colour pages, but this looks pretty bad.

Lemme aske you something:
1. did you only read the color pages?
2. or is this a (stupid) joke and did you read the whole chapter?

in case 1. I can't understand how you got the right to say this is bad since you base your opinion on two pages
in case 2. I can understand that you think this manga is worthless

but please clarify those vague comments because I can't get the strings together ;)

Alan Smithee
April 09, 2008, 07:00 PM
I think it's safe to say he saw the colour pages and the colour pages only and they were enough to put him off... well that's at least what the comment implied to me.

It might be like HxH, it started slow and bad, but then picked up. Lets just wait for a scanlation.You know there was a time when I thought that HxH started of slow, but then that was when I first started to get into manga and Naruto was still at the top of my list. I reread and rewatched it some months after that and I realised that it's starts of wonderfully there is no bad arc (except arguably the latter two). I don't get how I managed to miss that...

barbapapa
April 10, 2008, 08:27 AM
Lemme aske you something:
1. did you only read the color pages?
2. or is this a (stupid) joke and did you read the whole chapter?

Who knows, who knows...

asch
April 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
Yay the raw is out :D!

Koen
April 10, 2008, 02:02 PM
Who knows, who knows...

anyway back on topic:
I watched into the raw and imo this is like 666satan II and on top of that: some characters look the same. As if seishi transferred his 666satan characters in the post 666satan world. I won't like it, I think since there's a setting (prolly a plot too), characters that's like 666satan and I don't want to read something inspirationless twice

Niralina
April 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
Like mostly everyone of us i'm kinda dissapointed of seishi's new manga and the fact that some characters and weapons are simular to 666 satan ... but i'll wait 3 or 4 chapters till i build my final opinion.

I really love seishi's art and really loved 666 satan (except the end) so i don't give up hope ... it has to be good.. ^^

Hokage-Echizen
April 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
Will it translate in english? And When please ?:p Thks for the raw ^^

SkyValker
April 12, 2008, 08:39 AM
yeah, i would like to read the thing in english before forming the final impression.
4 of 10 in my first impression of the manga, i mean, come on...
It could have been better, but who knows how the thing will turn out in the long run

Suzaku
April 12, 2008, 09:41 PM
The character designs and setting (Tokyo in the not-so-distant future) look pretty good, but I'm not sure if I care for the premise. Mystickers... Magical stickers... Anyway, the main character's name is Daichi. He's a Blazer, which is a person who can draw special attributes and abilities out of Mystickers by attaching them to their bodies like tattoos.

It's a fairly simple premise for a series, so I'll just see where it goes.

Ustegius
April 19, 2008, 08:43 AM
Read the first chapter just a while ago (now avaible in onemanga). Hmm.. It is hard judge just by this, but this far it is just like a mix of Naruto, 666 Satan and little bit of Air Gear. The plot was very similar to beginning of Naruto (detailed plot synopsis ahead):

The main, Daichi, tries to impress everyone with his battle skillz, especially his older brother. However brother acts all strict and cold, saying that fights Daichi has are no battles; just picking up fights. Teary-eyed Daichi remembers the good days with his formerly kind brother, the time before their parents died. Later Daichi is attacked by a Blazer, as explained earlier in this thread; a person who can control the powers of magical Mysticker stickers. This bad guy says his Company has interest in Daichi, who is a Blazer. Just when Daichi is about to get pierced by arrow shot by the bad guy; brother appears and take the hit in front of him. Truth is that all this time he hasn't been cold on purposed; he protected Daichi from these dudes targetting him. Then he is hit by a arrow that send everyone hitten by it to a different dimension. Before dissappearing they share a soft moment and Daichi is given a powerful electrical Mysticker. Then aniki dissappears and Daichi has his revenge to the bad guy. The enourmous electrict shock wave he uses gets the attetion of brothers friend, who comes to aid ( He is the one with "Buster sword"). In the end they make a deal that he will guide Daichi to new world, world of Blazers.

Pretty much the same thing as with Naruto, Iruka, Mizuki, and the secret that Naruto has Kyuubi inside of him.

Characters are straight from 666 Satan. Well, this didnt pick my interest for now, but few more chapter will tell if this is worth of reading.

azure21
April 19, 2008, 09:33 AM
Same here... this manga is quite "forgettable" at the moment.

ikuroi
April 20, 2008, 05:41 AM
Yeah well the manga only started so we have to wait and see, it might turn out to be a great manga!

anyway damn to much insipiration from his brother Masashi & Naruto

The guy holding his brother nose as he did when he was a kid, is like the Itachi poked Sasuke when they fought. The whole I try to become stronger than him shit, and what he was always protecting me!?!?

roku-sky
April 20, 2008, 09:39 AM
I've just read the first chapter. While I loved the concept - the stickers, the environmental messages - what the hell is up with all these emo kids!? The second the protagonist started to cry, I thought "aw, shit". -_-

shaman-king
April 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
does anybody know if this is a weekly or monthly

Zoe
April 20, 2008, 07:26 PM
It's monthly.

conn-man
May 09, 2008, 08:41 PM
after reading the first two chapters the first thing i'll say is it feels half assed. i like the art alot but not the plot. these magical stickers just arent working for me, feels to much like the whole o parts thing.

Schabrak
July 09, 2008, 05:10 PM
What's the thing with those 3/4 trousers... that is such a turn off.-_- As it was already said, the characterdesign was just copied from 666Satan... second turn off.-_-² Nice thing to take the enviroment in cosideration... but "sticker"? We are no 6 year old anymore... the monthly magazine seems to be for 12+.... third turn off.-_-³.

But it seems quiet funny at some parts... I will stick to it for a while. It wo'nt hurt me to read 40 pages a month. ^^

Neji2112
July 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
i like it and all, but it's really kinda too slow for me, i wish it was a weekly manga. that way things would at least seem like it's moving faster... but it's still only on chapter 4 which'll be out soon. but the plot is still kind of ambiguous, and doesnt really seem to be going much of anywhere... thought we have 2 new characters and another wierd animal thing... i hope it gets better as it goes on...

Crude
July 12, 2008, 05:37 AM
I'm actually not reminded of Jio when seeing Daichi. Anyway, yeah the plot is moving somewhat slowly (why doesn't Seishi do a weekly series?), but I liked the battle on top of the train. I still dislike the concept of stickers though (reminds me of SSB. Brawl which I recently got).

By the way, I think it's cool how much attention the magazine is giving Blazer Driver. Much more attention than 666 Satan ever got...

Zoe
July 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
By the way, I think it's cool how much attention the magazine is giving Blazer Driver. Much more attention than 666 Satan ever got...

Seems like it's been in the works for a while with the video game already planned and everything.

Schabrak
July 12, 2008, 04:54 PM
So it's end up being a thin plot to a game... It has'nt reached the nice feeling of Monster Hunter Orange now. I hope it wo'nt be a typical grind game for the japanese citizens.,. with all the stickers to search for...

Crude
July 12, 2008, 05:31 PM
Seems like it's been in the works for a while with the video game already planned and everything.

Video game!? Blazer Drive is getting a video game already? Could you give us a link?

Schabrak
July 12, 2008, 05:39 PM
Video game!? Blazer Drive is getting a video game already? Could you give us a link?
Most likely it's the other way around. I think Kishi² writes the Manga or part of the plot to the game. We will have to see for which console/handheld it is made for. 50-50 for PSP or PS2?

Did 666 Satan ever got into the weekly/monthly Top10 charts for Manga anytime in it's history?

Neji2112
July 12, 2008, 07:17 PM
We will have to see for which console/handheld it is made for. 50-50 for PSP or PS2?
it's for the Nintendo DS.
but Kishimoto probably just gave the developers a basic story line and the character sketches, and probably gives them full run of the story that they want to do. probably something that doesn't really have anything to do with the actual story as not to give away any major plot details.
the anime style artwork looks good (hopefully we'll get an anime out of him eventualy)

Ju-da-su
July 13, 2008, 05:17 AM
It's going to be on DS . . . I thought people should already have note that from the latest RAW scans . . . ?? (or did people just wait for the scanlation?? - -")

We got to play as Shiroh and Tamaki though, not Daichi and Misora.

Schabrak
July 13, 2008, 07:19 AM
@Judasu: I'm feeling a little bit insulted. It's not of your business if and when somebody else is reading a scan or waits for a scanlation. Good that you added a real info to the otherwise unnecessary first part.

If it is anything like The World Ends With You, I will play it as soon as it comes out.^^

and news has just arrived that another RPG based on the popular Seishi Kishimoto manga Blazer Drive is in the works.
So it's made after Kishis story and not vice cersa.

http://www.ndswelt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/blazer-drive.jpghttp://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.dsfanboy.com/media/2008/06/080627blazer08_cg.jpghttp://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.dsfanboy.com/media/2008/06/080627blazer03_cg.jpghttp://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.dsfanboy.com/media/2008/06/080627blazer05_cg.jpg

Ju-da-su
July 14, 2008, 03:47 AM
Sorry about that. Didn't meant to insult anyone . . . >_<"

I was just saying that the latest issue of Rival actually has the information about the game, and it does say that it's coming on DS . . . >_<"

I'm sorry again . . . >_<"

LongShot
July 14, 2008, 05:36 PM
The last chapter was really cool one ...the stickers looked like some cheap idea at fist but now, after read some chapters, they dont look that bad

ppl try too hard to compare the Kishimoto's brothers art, imho ...and if Blazer Drive is good I really dont care if there is some character that looks like some in 666-satan or whatever ...we could say the same about Kubo Tite's Zombie Powder and Bleach but thats were never a problem

bigtymer32
August 15, 2008, 03:45 AM
i'm read this series looks interesting

Spectrum
August 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
This manga is so cool...

The fourth chapter was the most cool...

Shiroh with the Testarossa and Daichi with the Tamamayu *-*

bigtymer32
August 27, 2008, 04:14 AM
so far so good loving the manga :)

virbens
September 20, 2008, 06:35 PM
this manga rocks

Koen
September 26, 2008, 07:34 AM
Well I agree with what above is stated. In the beginning I didn't like this much: the mystickers were kinda strange. Reading chapter 4-6 makes me feel better and more positive about this manga. I somehow prefer this one over 666satan but then again the manga is younger and we'll have to see how it evolves.

His character design is really great and I must say he can draw very good. Well I must say It seems I was kinda wrong. The characters are sometimes similar to some 666satan characters but well there's some new inspired characters.

Brid
September 30, 2008, 08:30 PM
Heh. Not too much love for this series so far, but I'm actually sort of enjoying it. I like that it doesn't take itself seriously, which is a nice change of pace. There's waaaay too much save-the-world shonen out there, and while there's an element of that here with the stuff with the brother and all, there's also an S & M addict, a talking porcupine, and a badass character who's afraid of puppies. These are all good things.

IF it stays on the irreverent side like this, I could see myself enjoying the series quite a bit. Certainly moreso than mangas that take an entire volume to complete a battle. However, if it decides to stop trying to be entertaining and go the typical non-stop action route, then I'm afraid that from what we've seen, there's not enough depth to the characters and plot to make it worth continuing to read. (Battle stickers really are kinda WTF.) But what its got so far works well for an action-comedy though.

I dunno, but I think this is a "second look" series, meaning people who didn't like it at first might want to come back and read a few more chapters and see what they think? I didn't like it much in the beginning either and was going to drop it, but then Daichi started taking the Myspace photos of himself after a battle, so I thought for that joke alone Kishimoto deserved to have me stick around for a few more chapters, and now I'm glad I did.

eni
September 30, 2008, 08:49 PM
I thought for that joke alone Kishimoto deserved to have me stick around for a few more chapters, and now I'm glad I did.
Kishi is very talented but he disappointed me too much during 666 Satan.

The overall theme wasn't that original but he managed to pull out an unique story. I love his character design and his way of pacing through the story like a roller coaster unlike his brother who's rather slow (which is not bad, just different) in storytelling.

But 666 Satan suffered from having a very impressive high points still falling into average shounen cliche back all the time. It jumped frequently from mature, deep moments back to... kiddie stuff. Also the ending was rather unsatisfying.

Therefor, I'll give Blazer Drive another chance in the future but not now. Kishi needs to earn my trust back which he sadly lost a little with the handling of 666 Satan's end.

Crude
October 13, 2008, 05:45 PM
The Blazer Drive DS RPG trailer is out, and with it we know the main characters' VAs and possibly the OP (BLAZE OUT!). Daichi and the curly haired girl also make an appearance.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41449.html

Ju-da-su
October 23, 2008, 06:42 AM
Actually . . . if you are asking about the seiyuus in Blazer Drive games, you can look at the scan from the RAW and we already got 11 people confirmed . . . at least from those scans. >.>"

1. Daichi - KENN
2. Misora - Inoue Marina
3. Kuroki - Miki Shinichirou
4. Shiroh - Nakamura Yuuichi
5. Pettan (Tamaki's pet) - Mochidzuki Hisayo
6. Tamaki - Saitou Chiwa
7. Jonathan (The Section XII Division head) - Konishi Katsuyuki
8. Yaiba (Not in manga yet) - Hoshi Souichirou
9. Karen (Not in manga yet) - Nabatame Hitomi
10. Tsurugi (Not in manga yet) - Itou Kentarou
11. Apple (Not in manga yet) - Shimuzu Ai

I'm crazy about seiyuus sometimes . . . so I usually take note of it ever since when I saw the pages in Rival . . . >_<"

Brid
October 26, 2008, 05:08 PM
Huh. Among the list of seiyuus is 4 characters not in the manga yet. Makes me wonder if those were characters just added for the sake of the game, or if the mangaka has this massive plan for where the series is headed. I totally agree with eni that 666 Satan suffered from highs and lows, so I'd like to think that this work is more thought out than that one was, that the mangaka is learning from past mistakes like the Fairy Tail mangaka did?

At any rate, interesting past chapter. I thought it was cool how there were two storylines playing out at once: the funnier one with Daichi and Misora and the serious one with Kuroki. It kep things interesting that way and it was nice to see Kuroki really in action. I keep thinking that since he's strong, and older than the main characters, that he'd disappear from the series so that Daichi and Shiroh, etc. could get all the spotlight, sorta like how Kakashi disappears from the manga for long stretches in Naruto, but so far that hasn't happened, which I like. (I really wasn't feeling Shiroh and Tamaki that much when they were introduced. Though Shiroh and Daichi arguing about how tacky their [virtually identical] outfits are was LOL.)

At any rate, so far it looks to me as if the bad guys are after Daichi so that they can get him to use their lightning beast sticker?

hyorinmaru
November 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
Vol 2 cover:

http://i36.tinypic.com/343g6cg.gif

eni
November 27, 2008, 01:19 PM
If the content were as badass as his covers, it would be one of my shounen favorites :shakefist

¬Bol
November 27, 2008, 01:48 PM
I love the new cover!
Actually, when I first saw the first one I thought "wow, this is great!" and this one is greater than that.

The Adamant Dragon
November 27, 2008, 02:14 PM
Wow, This cover is simply Epic... The colors he's chosen for his Characters are quite Original and unlike anyother manga I've read this far.

Let's hope that this series turns out to be better than "666 Satan". He shouldn't rush, he should take time to evolve his story and make Characters development. I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes ( 666 Satan bleh, XP )

Crude
November 27, 2008, 02:19 PM
I love the way Kishi uses perspective on his covers! This one's even better than the last!

By the way, here's some Famitsu coverage on the video game:

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/081107_blazer_drive/

The game's looking great graphically. I kind of think the battles would look better in 3D though.

Schabrak
December 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well the game is out, but I got no time to play it.^^ Seems pretty big and someone said, it contained many soundfiles. If it's a RPG, I will never play it anyway... unterstandable RPG -> nice; the others... not. XD

hash899
February 28, 2009, 08:35 AM
i really like this manga. The concept of using stickers to gain powers is pretty original but still i gotta agree there is a feel of air gear in there. overall i think i'm gonna stick with this series ^.^

Koen
February 28, 2009, 08:38 AM
i really like this manga. The concept of using stickers to gain powers is pretty original but still i gotta agree there is a feel of air gear in there. overall i think i'm gonna stick with this series ^.^

Same over here. It isn't close enough to his previous manga for me not sticking to it anymore. I like it. It's generic and mainstream. But brainless entertaining manga aren't always bad.

hash899
February 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
lol its funny how both of their cloths color are the same XD

http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000619/000065222/02.jpg

Schabrak
February 28, 2009, 09:41 AM
And both left hands are sleeveless... no creativity at all. Those are different clothes, but look nearly the same. Hello Mr. S. Kishimoto... character design is really important... do something to not look everybody the same. Whats that long hair in front of their ear? Again both of them have it the same way. -_- Creativity is the way to go.

hash899
February 28, 2009, 10:03 AM
i think they might be connected somehow or else kishimoto wouldn't have done that. i wonder what the connection would be :S

Koen
February 28, 2009, 10:43 AM
i think they might be connected somehow or else kishimoto wouldn't have done that. i wonder what the connection would be :S

Maybe it's meant as a pun. Remember how they met, acting like rivals towards each other. On the other hand they had to face how similar they are (or it has to be some uniform :p)

hash899
February 28, 2009, 02:57 PM
Maybe it's meant as a pun. Remember how they met, acting like rivals towards each other. On the other hand they had to face how similar they are (or it has to be some uniform :p)

lol true but its a pretty nice style with a tie on a hood. only daichi can pull that off :D

foxthedoc
March 08, 2009, 02:18 PM
Vol 2 cover:

http://i36.tinypic.com/343g6cg.gif

ty very much for the cover, it's wonderfull... so, sorry if i ask, but can u post a larger version of that!?!

i would really appreciate ty again

hash899
March 08, 2009, 03:25 PM
ty very much for the cover, it's wonderfull... so, sorry if i ask, but can u post a larger version of that!?!

i would really appreciate ty again

well i found this one. its a bit larger than that one

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1298/07213390az6.jpg

eni
March 08, 2009, 03:42 PM
I dropped this manga a while ago but still overseeing this thread. Now allow me one comment: That cover reminds me soooo much on Jio, it hurts ;.;

hash899
March 08, 2009, 03:44 PM
I dropped this manga a while ago but still overseeing this thread. Now allow me one comment: That cover reminds me soooo much on Jio, it hurts ;.;

start reading it again lol it won't hurt anymore ^.^

eni
March 08, 2009, 03:48 PM
No, don't plan to. All these 'collect some power' shounen have become utterly boring to me :XD

But I still adore Seishi's cover art. Pretty as always <3

hash899
March 08, 2009, 04:02 PM
No, don't plan to. All these 'collect some power' shounen have become utterly boring to me :XD

But I still adore Seishi's cover art. Pretty as always <3

true it looks really awesome. i cant wait for the next chapter now XD

foxthedoc
March 09, 2009, 09:34 AM
well i found this one. its a bit larger than that one

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1298/07213390az6.jpg

really thank you :tem:tem

well... its obvious he reminds jio... but well i think this manga is really funny, i love too much tenjik, it's a wonderfull character...

hash899
March 09, 2009, 01:43 PM
really thank you :tem:tem

well... its obvious he reminds jio... but well i think this manga is really funny, i love too much tenjik, it's a wonderfull character...

np glad to help ^.^

lol he is definitely funny. he is like jiraiya. perverted but funny. I'm not complaining about the perverted stuff though :eyeroll lol

foxthedoc
March 10, 2009, 03:25 PM
hehehe it's even more funny coz it'a a porcuperv... :)

Token
April 11, 2009, 06:06 PM
I'm just getting inot Blazer Drive...i'm really liking an organization based storyline where a lot of people can get involved. Plus the fights are pretty interesting to watch as well always something new to the table

Brid
June 03, 2009, 06:19 PM
Anybody check out the extra that was just scanlated?

The series sure would've been different with Kuroki as its lead. It always surprised me that Kuroki stuck around as a permanent major character since the older, cool types usually disappear in shonen fighting series (Ginga), or play a background role and never fight (Dino & Binachi in Hitman Reborn!) But now we know it's because Kuroki was meant to be the series lead!

It makes you wonder where Daichi came from. Was it Kishimoto's decision to make a new lead, or did his editors demand he create a more stereotypical shonen protagonist?

Dragon04
July 03, 2009, 09:34 PM
Anyone read the new chapter yet? The previous one was rather interesting.

Ju-da-su
July 04, 2009, 05:19 AM
Read...and...well...I was actually waiting for this...>__>"

"I CAN FLY!!"

<3 for Yaiba and his incredible flying words...

DeidaraGrimmjow
July 06, 2009, 02:11 AM
Anyone have an idea as to when the scanlation will be out?

Ju-da-su
July 06, 2009, 02:26 AM
I think the question I want to ask more is...when will the translation come out though. -_-"

CronikCRS
July 11, 2009, 05:34 PM
I think the question I want to ask more is...when will the translation come out though. -_-"

i dont mean to sound rude but wouldnt you be able to do it like you have in the past?

Ju-da-su
July 11, 2009, 09:30 PM
Meh, I won't do it again. :p

After all, I already stated that I drop the series ever since chapter 14 for English translation. I did ch.15 translation just because naruto+4s also said he dropped, but I also clearly stated in that translation that if another conflict happens again, I'm dropping it once and for all, and will not do anything for the English manga community again involving that manga (translation and raw alike. After all, if Heiji stop scanning or skip some chapters or whatever, I can just scan the raw exclusively for the Thai community and keep the updating on that side going)...and well, since it did happen (see ch.15's translation), I kept my word and switch the job over (to Thai).

So, don't expect me to do it ever again...I might do it only as temporary project for English again in the future depending on who'll be the translator who pick it up after me, but don't expect me to do a regular one...Well, the conflict convinced me that some of you guys are sick to hell about having me on the job for this series anyway, so I gave those guys what they want by dropping it.

So that's why I say that the question I want to ask more would be "when will the translation come out?" I'm dying to see who will pick it up...if anyone.

sabret00the
July 13, 2009, 04:57 AM
Just read the drama in the translation threads. LOL!

Ju-da-su
July 22, 2009, 11:13 AM
*sigh*

Guess I really am soft when it comes down to this...-_-"

Well...as the thing said, I want some opinions from you. It's already almost a month, and looks like...still no translator...which tbh, I feel bad about this... .___."

Anyway, so I'm asking you guys whether you want me to put BD on temporary for now or not. One bigger problem than me feeling bad is probably because the raw might actually end up dying soon as well, if there's still no translation and scanlation out for chapter 16. Unless you didn't notice, Heiji had stopped scanning the raw, due to that he's returning to France and will no longer have an easy access to Japanese magazine, at least from what I've heard. Rena said she'll scan BD in his place, but the problem is...you all better know by now that her schedule is tight. She has lots of things to do herself. As far as I know, she will choose the manga to be prioritize based mainly on which manga she really likes and the status of the translations and scanlations of that series (whether or not it got translated and scanlated constantly and have regular translators or scanlators working on it). I'm telling you, cut out the part about her liking BD. She actually isn't that interested in the series itself to start with, iirc. Problem then will be, unless BD gets regular translators or scanlators up on the job, I feared that the raw will die out along with it.

Tbh, it might sound egoistic, but I don't like the thought of me promoting the manga up to this point just to let it die out in the end. Yep, it's alright for you guys to think that I'm asking this just to please myself or whatever, but I want to know if any of you guys want me to do temporary translations for this until some regular translators pop up or not. The translations will be out around 1 month after the raw of that chapter is released, just to prevent myself from losing any motivation for the series. For the manga like BD, I'm sure that some translators will come sooner or later anyway, especially when my translation is that late. Feel free to tell me to buzz off and stop butting into this manga if you're unpleased of this idea or already got another translator on the job, since I'm fine either way and this is just me and my crazy thought after all. I just want to see what you guys think.

Rena Chan
July 23, 2009, 12:17 AM
I already told you the raw won't die. I'll just be adjusting what to scan first and what to scan later depending on popularity of the series, what I read, whether it gets translated and scanlated regularly or not. I might have quite a lot of stuff to do, but all it takes is some clever time management here to get stuff done.

Ju-da-su
July 23, 2009, 12:20 AM
...Alright, my bad then...-_-"

GAAAAH!! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE ALL STUPID WITH BD!!? DDX

I'm sorry...but I really hope some translatos jump in sometimes. I don't like leaving it hanging for too long like this as well...-_-"

tenebrae
September 23, 2009, 09:36 PM
This manga is really good at least i think so. I actually like it more then some of the more popular shounen mangas. I hope people get on translating and providing raws though because i have no clue how and it needs to be done because it is really good lol.

Ju-da-su
September 24, 2009, 12:27 AM
-_-"

People ALREADY got on translating and providing raw even before your post, taken that chapter 18 raw is already out and I'm 90% done with the translation and will likely get it done within next week...-_-"

tenebrae
September 24, 2009, 06:11 AM
oh nevermind then lol. I checked a little before i made the post and i didn't see it so i assumed wasnt out but i generally miss things like that.

Xerous
October 08, 2009, 05:29 AM
ok its been a very long while now i'm just curious to know where the raw is at the least so i can the fight:(

Ju-da-su
October 08, 2009, 06:11 AM
...#irc-distro@ircHighway... .-.

And just as one word of update...I was 95% for A MONTH...on the translation that is. I won't promise the day I'll finish the translation, since I've been really unmotivated recently...plus, chance would be that I jump to other Rival series instead of just getting this done, and will probably unprioritize BD behind the other two Rival series I'm doing...though that was actually what I meant to be doing long ago (since what translator will come if my translation is faster...though I'm feeling a bit uneased now, since t/l is one month late and still no one...-_-")

Xerous
October 08, 2009, 06:20 AM
that sucks guess i'll have to end this series early though the pics from 18 and 19 look interesting

Hiruzen-Sarutobi
October 11, 2009, 10:29 PM
Aw, still no scanlation.

dbgohan08
October 17, 2009, 08:21 PM
its on onemanga. Are we gonna have 19 this month too or in november?

CannedJam
October 18, 2009, 01:04 AM
its on onemanga. Are we gonna have 19 this month too or in november?

Don't be surprised if its December, lol.

Oh well, guess everybody has other priorities.

Xerous
October 19, 2009, 01:01 AM
we will always be several chapters behind now

RaiseHell
November 05, 2009, 06:06 AM
if it were to be weekly serialisation, i bet it would be an instant hit. but its not. the chapters are satisfying, but reading them once a month, u kinda forget what was going on and stuff. while series like one piece, naruto the plot line will always stay fresh. i almost forgot about it that it still exist until i saw the link in mangahelpers. who thinks that blazer drive would be soo much better if it were weekly release?

dbgohan08
November 05, 2009, 12:58 PM
Ch.20:http://www.raw-paradise.com/ I wonder where 19 is.

shadow-skill
November 05, 2009, 04:43 PM
Seriously! Where's chptr. 19? I've been waiting 2 c the end of that fight! I got chptr20 thinking that was the next one, I open and start reading only 2 find that... I should keep quiet or it might turn into a spoiler.

dbgohan08
November 05, 2009, 05:37 PM
you took my thoughts exactly when i saw it on RP

Ju-da-su
November 06, 2009, 12:24 AM
That's why I said in my GE's t/l...anyone wants a pre-raw t/l for 19 to read first, so I can get 20 out after that as well? I mean, there's no raw out for it (at least I don't see it). I'm still (and probably always) subscribed to the magazine itself, so if you want a pre-raw t/l to read instead first, I wouldn't mind doing that for you...so I can get 20 out to keep up with the raw as well...-_-"

(Good job getting on my nerve with the raw gap, Raw Paradise...-_-")

Xerous
November 06, 2009, 02:32 AM
we would very mush so appreciate that:)

shadow-skill
November 07, 2009, 08:14 AM
Just in case you don't already know, chapter 19 is out on raw paradise.

Ju-da-su
November 07, 2009, 08:21 AM
Good...now I don't have to hesitate which to t/l first, BD or BK...thanks for the news, shadow-skill~ ^_^"

CronikCRS
November 21, 2009, 01:21 PM
any news on a chapter 19 scan?

Ju-da-su
November 21, 2009, 09:46 PM
As far as I know, kakashi said he's not going to use Raw Paradise's raw and will wait for Rena's raw to do the scanlation...and I won't t/l chapter 20 unless I'm finished with one chapter of BK and one chapter of ToV at least...that's as far as I know... .-.

salam
December 05, 2009, 07:41 AM
Is there any links for the raw chapters? raw-paradise doesn't display chapters 19 & 20 anymore. btw chapter 21 raw is up

Ju-da-su
December 05, 2009, 07:04 PM
Is there any links for the raw chapters? raw-paradise doesn't display chapters 19 & 20 anymore. btw chapter 21 raw is up

Well...they take the old links out when the new chapters come, so...and if Rena's raw is out, it will mean that the scanlations might be next. Sorry, guess I can't really help you with ch.19-20 raw, since I don't download raw for BD...>__<

salam
December 07, 2009, 04:29 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if rena dropped scanning BD. I see all other mangas being updated in the twitter BUT BD. I don't want to sound like a pushover, but my patience is burning out :(.

Ju-da-su
December 07, 2009, 06:53 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if rena dropped scanning BD. I see all other mangas being updated in the twitter BUT BD. I don't want to sound like a pushover, but my patience is burning out :(.

She told me that it's a lot harder to recatchup with the weeklies than the monthies, so she prioritize all the weeklies. Also, she's working towards the Christmas and New Year release for her own scanlation group as well, so she's kind of busy with stuffs. If you actually look at it carefully, some of the other monthy mangas she does are actually more behind than BD as well, but she doesn't drop anything though...:p

salam
December 07, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hey Ju-da-su, i've been wondering for a while now. You do translations for BD from the magazine right? if so cant you scan the pages for us. not SCANLATE just scan.

Ju-da-su
December 08, 2009, 12:58 AM
I could...if I'm not 3 months behind with my Akatsuki RAW (not to mention Spray King...but since there's no translator currently on it... ._.")+volume 1 of EXE and there's no raw out there at all, including those temporary raw over at RP. I don't want to waste my time doing something that other people already did, especially when my translation list is pretty much full. Plus, I think even if I'm going to scan, my raw won't be of that good quality, since I'm not totally that good with scanning. .-.

salam
December 08, 2009, 04:32 AM
LQ or not as long as it's readable, I wouldn't mind at all, and never mind the scanlation, I always read the raws first :p. At least it would give us something to read until rena provides us with proper HQ releases.

Foundway
December 11, 2009, 01:10 PM
the scanlation of ch.19 is out.
good chapter, misora rocks.
Now only 3 qilin Realm members are left , looking foward to their battle.
But is Daichi and his brother not releated to each other.
I ask , because they said sth about the true relationshhip between them.

ammada™
December 11, 2009, 02:26 PM
Anyone Would minds giving me the link?

Xerous
December 11, 2009, 10:01 PM
go to onemanga they have it

hmm so it's just as i expected daichi is basically a mysticker creator

salam
December 11, 2009, 10:43 PM
I think it's more than that. Gen said it "evolved". What do you think would have happened if Daichi traced the cross.

tenebrae
December 16, 2009, 09:44 PM
and remember how he teleported or something similar during that race using a lightning mysticker? Think that has something to do with it?

salam
December 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
Remember chapter 12 when he fought with kaine. I think the scar started from there when he went full power. What kind of power do you think he would get if he trced the new kandachime (with the cross)?

tenebrae
December 17, 2009, 05:56 PM
not sure really whatever it is it is bound to be crazy and i wonder when he will find out about this?

Koen
December 27, 2009, 02:50 PM
Was it just me or did you have the feeling too that shiroh being depressed felt too easy and unnatural. The chapter didn't feel impressive at all. The mood change, the determination, etc it was all too easy. Kinda sad but still I do look forward to the fight against that stronger blazer with his mysticker

tenebrae
January 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
i wonder when the next chapter will be out..

dbgohan08
January 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
in feb or late jan

Ju-da-su
January 23, 2010, 11:05 PM
If you're asking for the scanlation, then ask the scanlator. I already put up the translation for chapter 21. As for translation, chapter 22 should be done by next week, since I'm going to send it to the proofreader today. If you're asking for the raw, usually, the magazine comes on in 4th of every month. RP usually has it out about 5 days before the release date, so it should be out sometimes within next week or next next week.

Lorelei
January 26, 2010, 04:06 PM
There's something I don't get. Why does the scanlation of BD is so late to come out? I mean, I've seen few monthly mangas that has an scanlations BUT BD, can anybody answer? I saw an Italian scanlation in Manga Share but it is password protected... Y__Y

Oh, and thanks a lot to Ju- da- su. I read the translation of chappie 21 few days ago.

tenebrae
January 26, 2010, 08:53 PM
thanks for the info ju-da-su. I wish this mmanga was weekly, it would be alot more popular if it was

Xerous
February 17, 2010, 05:55 AM
great ch. is it just me or did they change that sticker from lighting element to light?

daichi383
April 04, 2010, 04:44 PM
This series is getting interesting again. i enjoyed the new chapter especially the design of that thing in the game. it looked cool (in a wierd way)

ninryu
April 06, 2010, 10:31 AM
i loved 666 satan so there's no way i miss this manga.

daichi383
April 26, 2010, 01:34 PM
Awesome new chapter! thank you scanlators X3

masgrande
April 27, 2010, 10:43 AM
Is the light using person a guy or a girl?:confused:

p1xel
May 08, 2010, 03:29 AM
I think a girl:P
Blazer drive is a very good manga:P Hope for a thread in a main forums:D
Oh,Kaine is going out!Is he still going to try fighting with Daichi&others?

daichi383
May 08, 2010, 09:12 AM
Im really looking forward to gettin more of kaine cause he is EPIC WIN! X3 in my opinion and a bit more character development for the other guardians cause most of them dont even have names unless i just have a bad memory. Daichi didnt look too bad as a chick :P

Katz
June 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread, but I picked this series up a few days ago, ATM I'm caught up to the current chapter and such, and I gotta say it's a pretty good manga, at first it kinda lost its spark cause the abilities are almost exactly like 666 satan, but after a few chapters I got used to it, so far I'd give the series a solid 7 it'll never be nearly as popular as Naruto but its almost as good.

Xerous
July 09, 2010, 04:58 AM
Thought I'd bump this thread, but I picked this series up a few days ago, ATM I'm caught up to the current chapter and such, and I gotta say it's a pretty good manga, at first it kinda lost its spark cause the abilities are almost exactly like 666 satan, but after a few chapters I got used to it, so far I'd give the series a solid 7 it'll never be nearly as popular as Naruto but its almost as good.

i think if it was a weekly it could definitely compete, it also looks as if it would be a kid friendly anime if they ever make one although i think it would be funny if it made stickers popular:p.
[hr]
is this on hiatus?

Katz
July 09, 2010, 11:38 AM
i think if it was a weekly it could definitely compete, it also looks as if it would be a kid friendly anime if they ever make one although i think it would be funny if it made stickers popular:p.
<hr noshade size="1">
is this on hiatus?

I'm assuming that or the scanlations team that was doing it dropped it, last chapter was April-ish

I just looked around on KAWorkz website and it seems that just don't have enough staff to work on it.

p1xel
July 24, 2010, 06:18 AM
Arghh,too bad-no scanlations.At least i see trans for 24chap on MH so someone could do it:/Hmm maybe it will be in future they wont just drop a manga in the middle(?)

Ju-da-su
July 24, 2010, 06:44 AM
Meh, despite of it being more popular than other Rival titles that I'm working on, BD is the only manga that I don't see any firm scanlation group working on it. I personally won't drop it though, unless some other translator kicks in (though it'll be hard now. Not impossible though, since RP had chapter 25 before they shut down...and as I said in my translation, I probably won't be getting to it anytime soon. *shrug*)

Just for fun though, as of chapter 28(?), we got to see mainly the past of Kaine and Daichi...but as far as the latest chapter go, we got one big "WOW!! WTF!!?? O_O" twist at the end of the chapter. :p

daichi383
August 30, 2010, 06:30 PM
Meh, despite of it being more popular than other Rival titles that I'm working on, BD is the only manga that I don't see any firm scanlation group working on it. I personally won't drop it though, unless some other translator kicks in (though it'll be hard now. Not impossible though, since RP had chapter 25 before they shut down...and as I said in my translation, I probably won't be getting to it anytime soon. *shrug*)

Just for fun though, as of chapter 28(?), we got to see mainly the past of Kaine and Daichi...but as far as the latest chapter go, we got one big "WOW!! WTF!!?? O_O" twist at the end of the chapter. :p

i hope someone picks this series up again soon cause droppin hints like that and the fact that kaines back makes want to read it even more but the chapters around the time the scans for this stopped were kinda slow tbh.
[hr]
I just read chapter 24 through ju-da-su's translation and italian scans and OMGWTFBBQ!!! it was awsome i really hope this gets picked up again cause that was an awesome chapter and it had a cool twist at the end too. im now gonna read the next ones :D

tenebrae
August 31, 2010, 09:18 AM
I want more blazer drive :(

Katz
October 15, 2010, 04:52 AM
*blows dust off this topic*

It seems a new group has finally undertaken Blazer drive again (group by the name of Muda Scanlation) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/blazer_drive/v06/c024/

good to see someone finally taking this up

CannedJam
October 15, 2010, 08:47 AM

It seems a new group has finally undertaken Blazer drive again (group by the name of Muda Scanlation) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/blazer_drive/v06/c024/

Heh. Guess somebody beat me to blowing off the dust.

Regardless, I'm just happy that a group has picked this series back up. You don't know how much you miss Kuroki until he's gone.

daichi383
October 15, 2010, 04:33 PM

ZOMG YEEESSSHHH!! :o Cant wait to read the next chapters and how things are goin wit the guardians :tem:amuse

masgrande
October 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
What chapter are they in Japan right now?

Ju-da-su
October 20, 2010, 11:26 PM
What chapter are they in Japan right now?

...As of the latest (November issue)...31...-_-"

Katz
December 27, 2010, 12:54 AM
*wipes the dust off* New chapter after 2 months has appeared on mangafox, chapter 25 to be exact (too lazy to post link)

Ju-da-su
December 27, 2010, 08:23 AM
...and this manga will need a new raw provider and translator, after one stupid leecher decided to dare me to drop it. Otherwise, don't expect any new chapter to pop up for some while (until those two positions are filled...-.-")

susanoo13
December 27, 2010, 12:43 PM
Does anyone knows about this manga's sales rate?
I wasn't able to get any info about it on ANN and would appreciate some information.

From what I've heard the author's last manga was pretty successful yet didn't get an anime and I wonder what are the chances of Blazer Drive getting one.

TIA

daichi383
December 27, 2010, 02:15 PM
That was a pretty good chapter. good amount of action (and also some badassery from a few guardian grunts), interesting developments goin on up in thar and also WTF happened to kaine o_O

TemplateR
December 29, 2010, 11:51 AM
manga is finish today in shonen rival 2. 9th volume (last) will be out march 4.
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2010/12/29/Blazer-Drive-cest-fini

Oh no, I hope the Story will have a good ending for this great manga.

daichi383
December 29, 2010, 04:05 PM
manga is finish today in shonen rival 2. 9th volume (last) will be out march 4.
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2010/12/29/Blazer-Drive-cest-fini

Too bad its ending. it was a cool little series while it lasted but i hope seishi can do better next time and hopefully get an anime adaption too :P

Katz
March 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
Been awhile since I've seen a post here, any word on the final chapters getting translated?

Zais1
January 06, 2013, 01:18 AM
Go to www.spinybackwebdesign.com because well we have decided to pick up and translate the final chapters of this manga for you guys

Ju-da-su
January 06, 2013, 01:32 AM
Go to www.spinybackwebdesign.com because well we have decided to pick up and translate the final chapters of this manga for you guys

...Is that even a justifiable reason to revive a thread that was almost one year old is what I'm wondering though. Not like I care, since I already read through the ending since ages ago. -_-"

Crude
January 09, 2013, 11:58 AM
Does Kishimoto have any series currently running in a magazine?

Ju-da-su
January 10, 2013, 10:28 AM
Does Kishimoto have any series currently running in a magazine?

Kurenai no Ookami to Ashikase no Hitsuji...but from the look of the latest chapter, I think that one is approaching an end as well though...