PDA

View Full Version : Info Interviews with Kubo Tite

Frank918
March 18, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, or if this is even the proper forum to post this thread, BUT...

Have there been any recent interviews with Kubo or articles about him? Any news on his plans for Bleach or commentary on how the manga/anime series is doing? Anything at all?

I feel like we don't hear much from this guy. However, from what I do understand, there is an interview with him in the DiamondDust Rebellion movie guide posted in the other forum, but I'm not sure if it ever got translated. Does anyone know?

If anyone has answers to these questions, a link or something would be very much appreciated, as I'd love to hear what he has to say about Bleach's present or future-state.

P.S. While I'm on the topic, does anyone know any hard figures of Bleach's current popularity in Japan? Has it continued to grow? What about the popularity in North America? I would like to know if it is as popular now as it has been over the years.

Thanks everyone VERY much for taking the time to get answers to these questions.

Please post/discuss all interviews with Kubo in this thread :)

Inuhanyou123
March 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
1. He hasnt had a definite interview since before inoue left to hueco mundo.

2. The recent popularity poll should tell you the figures for the characters.

3. By ranking, Bleach is the 7th most watched Shounen anime series in japan.

Everything else is unknown or guesswork.

Frank918
March 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
What about the information in the movie guide? It seems to be an interview, but I may be wrong.

And, this might sound stupid, but is 7th a good ranking? Or is 7th a relatively low ranking compared to what is used to be. Or is it not a good ranking at all? I appreciate the information, but I was curious as to what its popularity is relative to what it used to be (i.e. how it has changed) and to other shounen series.

I apologize; I should have elaborated. I appreciate the great info though.

Inuhanyou123
March 18, 2008, 01:03 PM
7th is a pretty good ranking, although the number of viewers for the anime has fallen SLIGHTLY in recent months(probably due to the fillers). Since 05 when the manga was rated best shounen and given the Shogakukan Manga Award, its sales have been been pretty consistent every month, and its made top sales in American book stores for months as well.

So i'd say, yes it was pretty popular in the states and in japan. Although the movie turnouts have been subpar.

Frank918
March 18, 2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks a lot for your help, this is some particularly interesting information you have.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting these numbers from?

Hyperworm
March 18, 2008, 04:09 PM
There was an interview with Kubo in Weekly Shounen Jump near the end of January as the first part of "Manga Nou no Kitaekata" where Kubo went into some detail on his process for drawing Bleach, the music he plays while doing it, etc.
See http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=767&page=9#top .
Didn't anyone do a full translation? :)

(Not quite what you were looking for, but you did say "anything" ^^')

Inuhanyou123
March 18, 2008, 05:27 PM
There was an interview with Kubo in Weekly Shounen Jump near the end of January as the first part of "Manga Nou no Kitaekata" where Kubo went into some detail on his process for drawing Bleach, the music he plays while doing it, etc.
See http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=767&page=9#top .
Didn't anyone do a full translation? :)

(Not quite what you were looking for, but you did say "anything" ^^')

That interview was an untranslated text from the "SOULS" databook that was just now translated in january. It wasnt from jump, he hasnt done jump in a while.

@Frank - Various sites, sometimes from the offical bleach site, and articles.

kazuma_uzumaki
March 18, 2008, 07:02 PM
It is kinda impressive to pull off both the anime and manga. He does more work on the anime then any other manga ka...

maybe thats why the plot is weak...

Frank918
March 18, 2008, 08:25 PM
^^^

*Looks at Kazuma's username*

Lol, riiight... I smell a Narutard.

Personally, I wouldn't call Bleach's plot weak. Just because we've been, for a long time, in the wake of an enormous plot twist does not make the plot weak.

Inuhanyou123
March 18, 2008, 10:01 PM
Enough posturing. HM arc was weak, face it. The fact that kubo managed to turn crap into silver at best is admirable though with the recent twist. Let's hope he manages to keep it up.

kazuma_uzumaki
March 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
^^^

*Looks at Kazuma's username*

Lol, riiight... I smell a Narutard.

Personally, I wouldn't call Bleach's plot weak. Just because we've been, for a long time, in the wake of an enormous plot twist does not make the plot weak.

its just a username thats easy for me to remember on sites >_>

i admit the plot was good in the beginning but he's dragging fights way too long
[hr]

Enough posturing. HM arc was weak, face it. The fact that kubo managed to turn crap into silver at best is admirable though with the recent twist. Let's hope he manages to keep it up.

Lets just hope he doesnt go all Zombie Powder on us. Yes Bleach is popular enough but still...

I actually liked Zombie powder....

Kubo must be busy with his manga/anime scheduale so he probably doesnt have as much time as any other manga ka.

shouldn't there be some interview since jump festa happened not too long ago?

VeshWolfe
July 27, 2008, 10:16 PM
He was suppose to discuss the past, present, and future of his works...or so I heard on G4. Anyone know what he said, or if he said anything of interest?

merged threads

Onomatopoeia
July 27, 2008, 10:47 PM
Kubo went to the Comic-Con in San Diego. This is what he said.

1:15 PM - Kubo has entered the stage in sunglasses. Looks like a pop star or something.

1:16 PM - Kubo presented with an award from Comic Con Int’l. From the cheers I can tell the audience just got much younger than from the preceding Transformers panel.

1:19 PM - 10 kids from Japan are here, Shounen Jump essay winners. Also, we will be getting limited edition posters as we leave.

1:20 PM - “I am very glad to see you all, thank you very much” –Kubo

1:22 PM - Kubo thinks this is “immensely huge” compared to Japanese events. First impressions of being in America: he had to get his passport for this. Strong sunlight makes everything colorful here.

1:25 PM - Has Kubo done any drawing in his time here? (He has to produce 19 pages a week, after all.) He actually worked ahead of time so he could home here. Not a procrastinator.

1:26 PM - Footage of his workspace. World exclusive. There are desks for his assistants as well, a big screen TV. Pictures of his chairs and metal suitcase he bought to come ovr here. A miniature TV just as decoration. A rare Bleach watch. Oddly enough, Bobobobo in some background art; he had asked a sketch/autograph exchange. The man has a vast CD collection, too (1200-1300 on a shelf; others stacked up). Picture of a kitchen, which is clean because they never cook!

1:32 PM - Upstairs: Kubo’s actual work area. Footage of him working with a ton of markers next to him. He’s coloring. HIs work chair was chosen based on design and he drew Aizen’s chair like it. Handing manuscripts and fan letters to his editor.

1:35 PM - Video portion over. Now questions from audience.

1:35 PM - What inspired him to become a manga artist? Decided when he was in elementary school. He became interested in architecture and design after he had already become a manga artist.

1:38 PM - What comes first in Bleach? : Kubo puts character, not plot, first.

1:39 PM - What inspired him to put Spanish/Mexican culture in Bleach? Nothing intentional with the character Chad. However, he just sensed he had a Mexican heritage. Someone in audience shouts “Viva La Raza!”

1:40 PM - Where does he come up with the opening drawings? He puts characters in clothes he can’t get.

1:40 PM - Advice for aspiring manga artists: Seems stumped…”believe in your talent.” Do something you yourself must enjoy; otherwise it’s dishonest to charge someone for your story.

1:41 PM - What was the initial thought for bleach? "Bleach was inspired by the fact that i wanted to draw shinigami in kimonos, and to make something no one had seen before, started with Rukia’s design."

1:42 PM - How did Quincy and its name come about (JEREMY’S QUESTION!): “I created Quincy to be Ichigo’s rival character, so, for that, I put him in white clothing.” He uses arrows because it’s long range, and it will be difficult for Ichigo to fight him. The Quincy name is from his five point star; in Japan this is a symbol. If you call every archer a “Quincy Archer” it sounds like a person’s name, so he liked it.

1:45 PM - How do you draw action scenes? Plays rock music in his head as he draws it. He pauses the action and try to swing around in 3D mentally to find the best angle.

1:46 PM - When did he realize he had such a big fanbase in the US? Yesterday!

1:47 PM - Pancha Diaz, Viz editor asks: What part of the process does he enjoy the most? When thinking of the story, if it’s something he’s been waiting to do for a while, he enjoys it very much. Usually has a scene rundown of things to draw in his head. Connecting scenes are a bit harder. Inking is also enjoyable for him.

1:49 PM - Pancha Diaz again: How long between drawing and publication? Between 2-3 weeks. Diaz, by contrast notes, has to do 6 months in advance.

1:50 PM - Will there be an Isshin backstory? Yes! He knew from the start he was a Soul Reaper.

1:51 PM - Three minutes left. Is the Kon doll inspired by something from his childhood? Wanted to create something fake looking, where you put random things together–like a sewing line in the middle of the face. Backstory: a father bought a cheap stuffed animal for his child, and the child threw it away because it was ugly–that’s why he is on the street.

1:54 PM - Idea for Hell Butterflies: Looked up in a dictionary for word that goes well with “Soul Reaper.” It is a kind of butterfly that is another name for a real butterfly species. Prefers to fly in the dark, and it fits well with the Soul Reapers.

End of panel.

Please consider the fact that this is an American interview in America the Manga hasn't progressed nearly as far. In fact I'm not to sure whether they've even reached HM. In other words they don't bootleg copies online like us:tem

igotthegoods
July 28, 2008, 12:28 AM
thanks for the interview, onomatopoeia ^^ but may i ask what your source is?

lol, it comes as no surprise to me that kubo places characters above plot. well, at least he's being honest about it :sweat

decadencia
July 28, 2008, 03:34 AM
OMG!!! isshin back story?! where u at comic-con? whats ur source?

and for the record, the US finds itself currently in the first 3 chapters of volume 25 as of the latest jump, sept issue

jocouslie
July 28, 2008, 04:02 AM
ok guys here's the link
http://animediet.net/archives/4349

Silhouette
July 28, 2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the post and links ^^

From the conference, things that make me respect/Admire Kubo sensei more:

1- Although he works on the all things related to bleach (manga, anime, games, products...etc), he still did 3-4 chapters in advance before leaving to attend the SDCC 2008. Thanks for your hard work sensei.

2- Will do an Isshin gaiden.

3-
1:45 PM - How do you draw action scenes? Plays rock music in his head as he draws it. He pauses the action and try to swing around in 3D mentally to find the best angle..
With such incredible imagination, no wonder Bleach has the best fight scenes in all of Jump.

4- As described by one who attended the conference from the link above, Kubo-sensei's appearance:

he looks like one of those Asian pop star types. His hair had brown highlights, he wore sunglasses, a beige jacket with a black shirt underneath. All around “cool dude” look..

I have always read similar descriptions in the past from people who got to see him in Japan, I guess the cool-look isn't a temporary thing and no wonder he can create cool characters.

One last thing, if you google "SDCC Kubo Tite" or "San Diego Comic Con Kubo Tite" you will get the impressions of the people who were there...the coverage is almost the same though.

-------------------------

Please consider the fact that this is an American interview in America the Manga hasn't progressed nearly as far. In fact I'm not to sure whether they've even reached HM. In other words they don't bootleg copies online like us

I highly doubt it,

1- Most of the English bleach scanlation groups and fans are American based. As a matter of fact, asking if there will be an Isshin gaiden proves that the fans were aware of the latest gaiden.

2-If you got that impression based on the questions, I found that (by googling) that ALL the questions asked were pre-approved by the organizers so nothing ridiculous like "how many times do you poop a day?" or questions that would be spoilers in regards to Viz releases.

Onomatopoeia
July 28, 2008, 09:39 AM
Sorry I didn't post the link earlier for you guys but in my defence I was sleeping ^^

Thanks Sillhoute but the reason I said that is because the Organizers had to at make it seem that most people did buy the American copies of BLeach. If this had been in Japan would have let much more advanced questions.

Also in America Isshin was shown wearing Shinigami clothe last chapter. Of course they're going to want a backstory of Isshin.
------------
Anyways I'm kinda dissapointed by the lack of hard hitting questions(except for the Isshin question) but I'm pretty sure Kubo's last big interview was in 05 so I'll make do with what I've got.

Silhouette
July 28, 2008, 11:08 AM
If this had been in Japan would have let much more advanced questions.

I don't think it would've made a difference where the interview is held, questions will be selected and pre-approved even in Japan. For example, when Bleach Movie II came out, most of the questions asked in a public interview with Kubo were about the anime and the movie.

Also in America Isshin was shown wearing Shinigami clothe last chapter. Of course they're going to want a backstory of Isshin.

But the vizards were also introduced in Viz's releases and an even bigger mystery surrounded them, yet no one from the attendants asked Kubo senei about a vizards' gaiden!!!. As a matter of fact, asking about Isshin gaiden in specific without mentioning of the vizards strongly suggests the fans are up to date since Isshin's BG wasn't part of the vizards story.

Anyways I'm kinda dissapointed by the lack of hard hitting questions(except for the Isshin question) but I'm pretty sure Kubo's last big interview was in 05 so I'll make do with what I've got.

So am I but I guess SJ upper management won't allow free lunches if they can.

Gold Knight
October 07, 2008, 11:41 AM
There was an interview with Tite Kubo from the San Diego Comic Con that was shown in this month's English Shonen Jump mag, so I thought I'd write up what was said - it wasn't boring.

SJ: Did anyone inspire you to draw?
Kubo: When I create characters, I'm inspired by music rather than stories, other manga or movies. The characters then create the story. So for me, my creativity comes from music.

SJ: Are any of the characters based on people you know?
Kubo: Well, I haven't mentioned this before, even in the Bleach SOULs Official Character Book, but Kisuke Urahara is based on Snufkin. Snufkin is so cool. [The character appears in Tove Jansson's Mominvalley novels.]

SJ: You seem to use mythical content about death and the afterlife from Japanese folklore. Did any books influence you?
Kubo: I can't point to a particular book, but one manga that influenced me when I was small was Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) which is based on Greek mythology. Because of it, I started looking into things like myths, monsters, and the afterlife. I was reading about them until around junior high school, so they might have been the basis.

SJ: What does Rukia's name mean and why is it written in katakana?
Kubo: When I'm working, I jot down names in the margins of my notebook as they come to me. Once on TV, I saw the original type of cosmos in South America.
SJ: You mean the flower?
Kubo: Yes. The show mentioned the name of the flower in Latin or something - like "rukia." It sounded like "Kuchiki Rukia" to me, and I wrote this down. When I created the character, I thought Kuchiki really fit as a Soul Reaper name and called her Kuchiki Rukia. She had her full name from the very beginning. Later on, I learned that the word "rukia" means "light." She's like a ray of light for Ichigo, which makes the name really suit her. [The meaning of the kanji for Kuchiki is "decayed tree." When Kubo-sensei talks about light, he may be referring to the word "lucia."]

SJ: Why did you pick Bleach as the title?
Kubo: The title wasn't Bleach when I decided to draw a story about Soul Reapers. This was before I drew the one-shot manga that appeared in Akamaru Jump. The weapon wasn't a sword, but a scythe. Only Rukia had a scythe and the other characters used guns. At that point, the title was Snipe. Right before I started drawing, I began to think that a sword would be better and realized I couldn't use Snipe as a title anymore. I began looking for a title that grasped the bigger picture. Soul Reapers are associated with the color black, but it would have been boring to use "black." "White," on the other hand, can suggest black as a complementary color. So I chose "bleach" to evoke the impression of the color white.
[He also explained how he chose English chapter titles for the manga. He uses a dictionary to look up words that match his idea for the title, and often replaces a word with one that has a similar meaning but sounds better. Kubo-sensei didn't use a dictionary to choose "bleach" because the English word is already commonly used in Japan.]

SJ: Will you ever do an Aizen backstory?
Kubo: Will I...? To be honest, I think part of Aizen's appeal is that he's mysterious. It probably wouldn't be good for his character if I revealed everything about him. If I felt the urge to tell, maybe I would, but I'm just not sure right now.

SJ: Does Captain Yamamoto have a larger plan for the Soul Society? He seems to have no problem with his captains dying.
Kubo: Does he? I don't have anything planned for him right now. What's interesting about Genryuusai is you can never guess his true intentions. Among the captains, like Shunsui and Unohana, there are a few who appear to have something more to them, but for now I'll have to say it's all a secret.

SJ: Will we learn who will become captains in place of Aizen, Ichimaru and Tousen?
Kubo: Probably not anytime soon. Assistant captains lack certain abilities that captains have. I personally think the assistant captains need some time before they can become captains. Renji is a major character who's pretty powerful, but put him next to the captains and you'll probably notice that he's kind of erratic... and missing a noble quality. The captains are simply on a whole other level.

SJ: Will Kon ever get his own body?
Kubo: I hadn't thought about it. I like him in his current body, and I think Kon likes it, too.
SJ: He gets more attention in that body.
Kubo: That's true.

SJ: Do you have any plans to make Ichigo and Rukia a couple?
Kubo: I'm not going to confirm nor deny that. [laughs]

SJ: Which American superheroes do you admire?
Kubo: I don't know of many American comic book heroes. I only know them from the movies, but appearance-wise, I thought Cyclops [from the X-Men] looked interesting. He can't take off the visor. When he does, his eye power is too strong and kills people - wasn't it something like that? I think that kind of setup is great because it's so dramatic.

SJ: What was the most impressive Bleach costume you saw?
Kubo: There were actually two. One was Komamura, who had a wolf's face on when he took off his helmet. The other one was Neliel who was all in white. Those two costumes impressed me the most. I also saw a few Kons out there that were very cute.

Exodi
October 07, 2008, 03:09 PM
Amazing.
I love what he says about Rukia's name origin, and now we finally know the real reason behind the title of the whole series.

Starky-08
October 07, 2008, 03:17 PM
Interesting weather or not IchiRuki will happen, which I hope it does because I want Inuoe to die.

Darek Khort
October 07, 2008, 04:43 PM
Interesting.
Liked the Rukia name explanation, the title explanation (I always thought it had something to do with Ichigo's bleached hair. :< ) and the Yama part. AHA! So there is more to him than we know!!!

Pollux
October 07, 2008, 04:48 PM
Good. Perhaps people will now stop arguing about the title's origins. I also liked the explanation of the origins of Rukia's name.
Apart from that, nothing which would make us guess what will happen, which is quite normal because the manga has to remain interesting.

MegaX
October 11, 2008, 02:39 AM
thanks for the interview, onomatopoeia ^^ but may i ask what your source is?

lol, it comes as no surprise to me that kubo places characters above plot. well, at least he's being honest about it :sweat

Isn't it good that character is more important than plot? It's a bad writer that'll put the plot first and then shoehorn the characters into it.

KyleUchiha
October 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm a little disappointed by his comment regarding Aizen. I was hoping that he would eventually get to a small story about why Aizen is doing all of this. What made strive for his current goals? That is not to say I was expecting some long drawn out story of his having a tragic past, but I was just wanting Aizen's character to fleshed out somewhat more than what is now.

But of course, Kubo just says that he wouldn't reveal everything about him, which I suppose could imply that he will reveal something about him eventually down the road.

Onomatopoeia
October 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
I've been wanting him to give Aizen some sort of reason for this, but he never has. Aizen's a really 2d character, without any real emotions, personality, or a good backstory(yeah he was SHinji's lieutanant but that was all part of his plan so what we learned wasn't really unfiltered truth).

gigantor21
October 17, 2008, 10:41 PM
^ I agree. Without any motives, he doesn't have much depth--no matter how strong or badass he is.

Still, this is world domination we're talking about. There are only so many reasons someone would want that, especially in a manga. I'm just hoping Kubo will surprise us there when the issue is addressed.

kkck
October 18, 2008, 10:39 AM
Aizen simply has ambition. Maybe there is something else like a childhood trauma or something, but that would ruin the character for me. The way aizen has been portrayed now he is like a napoleon who simply want to rule.

MegaX
October 18, 2008, 02:36 PM
^ I agree. Without any motives, he doesn't have much depth--no matter how strong or badass he is.

Still, this is world domination we're talking about. There are only so many reasons someone would want that, especially in a manga. I'm just hoping Kubo will surprise us there when the issue is addressed.

He hasn't said that Aizen doesn't have motives though, just that it would ruin the mystery of Aizen's character if we knew them. The fact that he said he might reveal them later but just not now implies that there is in fact something being held back.

gigantor21
October 18, 2008, 04:09 PM
^ LOL yeah, I know. That's why I said I'm hoping for something good. :p

◆ T.D.A ◆
September 18, 2009, 04:44 PM
I don't know if it's been posted before, but Kubo recently appeared on Jump Bang some Tv show, where he did some drawings and answered some questions.

He was asked about Isshin, and he said he would play a major role in the story the arc after the next.

http://bleachasylum.com/showpost.php?p=1696026&postcount=554
http://bleachasylum.com/showpost.php?p=1696367&postcount=562

Random101
September 18, 2009, 05:32 PM
Oh my god, he didn't forget about the bodies? Hells yes.

Wait, the Arrancar arc is going to end? MORE Hells Yes.

igotthegoods
September 18, 2009, 06:20 PM
I didn't want this to get lost in the Hangout, so I moved your posts over here. ^^

But yeah, this is good news. I wonder if the arc he's referring to will be the Isshin backstory Kubo has been promising since last year (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=965283#post965283)? Or if the backstory will simply part of this arc? Either way, I'm pretty excited that Isshin's getting involved in the story somehow. :nuts

Mifune_Taichou
September 19, 2009, 08:01 AM
I don't know if it's been posted before, but Kubo recently appeared on Jump Bang some Tv show, where he did some drawings and answered some questions.

He was asked about Isshin, and he said he would play a major role in the story the arc after the next.

http://bleachasylum.com/showpost.php?p=1696026&postcount=554
http://bleachasylum.com/showpost.php?p=1696367&postcount=562

thanks for those links man, its good to get some first hand stuff from the man himself. This stuff is awesome to me for two reasons. Firstly-more Isshin=WIN(everyone knows he'll be better than ichigo lol). And he said the arc after next so that means we have at least two more arcs of bleach. And his statement about having Unohana fight next arc has more weight behind it now. Cant wait.

Saint Markus
September 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
sounds cool. i've been looking forward to the update on this for awhile now, just wondering how the "arrancar arc" is actually going to end?. so far, i assume it will dwell on something with aizen.

isshin playing a central role for the next story arc is good news though. can't wait.

TheCracker
September 20, 2009, 07:04 AM
This confirms my suspicion that the next arc will be about the Kings Realm, the Royal Guard, and Isshin was in the Royal Guard before

Aikidoka
September 20, 2009, 11:54 PM
wow Kubo drew those on the spot!!!!???

*my respect for Kubo* + 1000000000 points

And wow, the bodies are going to play a large role huh...I thought they were just the Privarons' corpses, but guess not. Or are they? But how can they be that important?

Mifune_Taichou
September 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
sounds cool. i've been looking forward to the update on this for awhile now, just wondering how the "arrancar arc" is actually going to end?. so far, i assume it will dwell on something with aizen.

isshin playing a central role for the next story arc is good news though. can't wait.

I think Kt said ishin will be central to the arc after next. I dunno what next arc will be about in that case. I'm still hoping for a "Hollow Ichigo takes over while no one realises and Ichigo is now evil arc" lol. In that Arc Ichigo will be the master villain and we have reversed roles with either Byakuya or Hitsugaya(Or Urahara???) being the main protaginist for the arc and taking ichigo(well hichigo) down and freeing Ichigos mind etc.

Its not gonna happen but I can dream I guess.

conn-man
September 21, 2009, 01:31 PM
dude, kubo is in this for the long haul, aizen is defilntly not the last boss.

and the bodies is szayzels lab might be important characters, maybe new characters, I know thats speculating but it would be intresting.

and when this arc is over we get issin.

drakend
September 21, 2009, 01:43 PM
SJ: Does Captain Yamamoto have a larger plan for the Soul Society? He seems to have no problem with his captains dying.
Kubo: Does he? I don't have anything planned for him right now. What's interesting about Genryuusai is you can never guess his true intentions. Among the captains, like Shunsui and Unohana, there are a few who appear to have something more to them, but for now I'll have to say it's all a secret.

Uhm is it me or this statement screams royal dimension?!? :D

SJ: Which American superheroes do you admire?
Kubo: I don't know of many American comic book heroes. I only know them from the movies, but appearance-wise, I thought Cyclops [from the X-Men] looked interesting. He can't take off the visor. When he does, his eye power is too strong and kills people - wasn't it something like that? I think that kind of setup is great because it's so dramatic.

SJ: What was the most impressive Bleach costume you saw?
Kubo: There were actually two. One was Komamura, who had a wolf's face on when he took off his helmet. The other one was Neliel who was all in white. Those two costumes impressed me the most. I also saw a few Kons out there that were very cute.
Wow these questions are really retarded... what about asking reasonable questions like "Will there be a royal dimension arc?" or "Will Ichigo's nature be explained in the future?"!!! :rolleyes:

NyxOne
September 21, 2009, 02:11 PM
Because Kubo really is going to outright reveal what the next arc is thereby spoling everyone and wiping out the excitement, isn't he? :eyeroll

drakend
September 21, 2009, 02:20 PM
Because Kubo really is going to outright reveal what the next arc is thereby spoling everyone and wiping out the excitement, isn't he? :eyeroll
The question I wrote is "Will there be a royal dimension arc?". Find where the word next is please... :rolleyes:

CBlitz
December 19, 2009, 06:26 PM
Arrancar arc will end by next mid-year (June 2010).
A short arc will follow.
After that, a new arc will begin.
Arrancar arc has been going on for 4 years.

Weekly Jump No.3 & No.4 double issue on Monday.
Front cover with Naruto.
Kubo-sensei draws the inner cover. Spread is of Rukia.
No.3,4 issue will contain news of Bleach movie #4.

Stage Report: Bleach + The current arc is soon on climax + He's originally not the type to work out a plan, so he still hasn't decided on a concrete end to the arrancar arc. + But from this onwards, he's told them there's to be 2 more arcs. + The next arc is a short one, and there's an initiative for the next one. + There was a large response for Ulquiorra's death around the world. + He didn't declare whether Ulquiorra was alive or not. + The popular ones among the vizards are Hirako and Hiyori + Hirako is really easy to draw (art wise) + There was a meeting yesterday at the hotel reagarding the movie. + I want to create a good one after resting for 1 year.

http://bleachasylum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=644

cool the arc is ending in June, I wonder how Kubo is gonna stretch this lol

moved to correct thread

exacta
December 19, 2009, 06:54 PM
Dont get me wrong. Gin is my favorite character in Bleach, that´s why I´m really afraid of the chapters to come - I don´t want him dead, but it´s highly probable - Remember Ulquiorra? He WAS extremely popular. Probably it will be Ichigo to take Gin down... Well at least it will be an memorable battle...

Nah, Ichimaru won't die. Kubo said he won't show Gin or Aizen's Bankai this arc, so both of them are going to live. I hope they show off some masks though. What the hell is Gin doing now anyway???

Dragon Slayer
December 19, 2009, 07:03 PM
Nah, Ichimaru won't die. Kubo said he won't show Gin or Aizen's Bankai this arc, so both of them are going to live. I hope they show off some masks though. What the hell is Gin doing now anyway???

wr did KUBO SAY THAT? :amuse:amuse

BaddAzzKenpachi74
December 19, 2009, 07:59 PM
wr did KUBO SAY THAT? :amuse:amuse
interviews dude try googling them like everyone else,
i heard of the interviews and googled "Tite Kubo latest interviews" and found out
1.this arc is comeing to an end in june
2.the next arc will be a mini arc
3.a brand new arc thats suposed to center around Ishin
4.Aizen and Gin won't show there bankais untill after the Arrancer arc
5.we will finally get an explaination as to wut was in Syzals lab and Kubo said that the contents of the lab will play a HUGE role to the story.
remember dude google is your friend:D

gotdott
December 19, 2009, 08:48 PM
Mid June sounds reasonable at the Kubo pace.

It's only about ~25 more chapters taking into consideration double issues.

vizardichigo
December 19, 2009, 08:48 PM
He also said Aizen would be more evil

Gran Maestro
December 19, 2009, 08:53 PM

I read many interviews but I didn't see one that specifically mentions this. Could you please give me a link? Thanks. ;)

ryanzokuken
December 19, 2009, 09:26 PM
i heard of the interviews and googled "Tite Kubo latest interviews" and found out
5.we will finally get an explaination as to wut was in Syzals lab and Kubo said that the contents of the lab will play a HUGE role to the story.

google can also be your friend who misleads you and feeds you unreliable and/or false information. let's just say i won't be taking your word for any of this info.

Travis
December 20, 2009, 02:54 AM

Ok you guys really need to stop posting spoilers for the manga in these threads. I don't want to know that Aizen isn't going bankai this arc. It takes away from the upcoming fight with Shinji, by making it less suspenseful. There should be a separate thread for these interviews if Kubo really is spoiling it.

I don't mind knowing when an arc ends since June is pretty far away, and I don't mind knowing that an upcoming arc will be about Isshin, but spoiling it for us by telling us crap like characters aren't releasing their bankais, or Aizen isn't the main villain, is bullshit. And I can't believe no one else is complaining about this. I have no idea why Kubo would drop such stupid spoilers if these interviews are true. Doesn't he realize that the Shinji and Aizen fight is now not going to be that interesting if he says Aizen isn't going to release his bankai.

And another thing, you should provide a reliable source if you're going to say such things. People shouldn't be looking on google for the same interview you read. That way people can figure out whether its crap or not. Personally, I'm hoping it's crap.

Gran Maestro
December 20, 2009, 06:15 AM
I don't mind knowing when an arc ends since June is pretty far away, and I don't mind knowing that an upcoming arc will be about Isshin, but spoiling it for us by telling us crap like characters aren't releasing their bankais, or Aizen isn't the main villain, is bullshit. And I can't believe no one else is complaining about this. I have no idea why Kubo would drop such stupid spoilers if these interviews are true. Doesn't he realize that the Shinji and Aizen fight is now not going to be that interesting if he says Aizen isn't going to release his bankai.

You misunderstood Kubo, he says they won't be releasing their bankais, he doesn't say they won't be releasing their resurreccions. :D :p

Joke aside, I agree with you. This statement about Aizen and Gin is major spoiler and if Kubo did really say that, he killed the suspense in Aizen's and Gin's upcoming fights. That's why I'm having a hard time believing the authenticity of such a statement. I hope it turns out to be false because I really expect to see a bankai from Gin in this arc. :)

drakend
December 22, 2009, 02:37 AM
You misunderstood Kubo, he says they won't be releasing their bankais, he doesn't say they won't be releasing their resurreccions. :D :p

It may not be a joke tough... if Tousen has a resurrection I don't see why Gin or Aizen wouldn't have one, on top of their bankai. For Aizen even the mask is just too much imho...

MegaX
December 22, 2009, 06:04 PM
It may not be a joke tough... if Tousen has a resurrection I don't see why Gin or Aizen wouldn't have one, on top of their bankai. For Aizen even the mask is just too much imho...

I can see a reason. Unless Aizen is confident that he's perfected the process, why would he use it on himself? Last thing he'd want is to end up as an imperfect hybrid.

bloomtender
December 23, 2009, 05:34 AM
well.. certainly something is off 'cause if something is going to make aizen a gin retreat i have no idea what can it be... so that spoiler about gin and aizen not showing their bankais is most certainly fake...

also if we only have till june then i can only said that ichigo vs ulquiorra took about 14-15 chapters so we cant expect less than that from a possible ichigo vs aizen + how many chapters will take to have gin lose , and i dont think shinji can win either , after all what the hell is ichigo going to earth for if not to fight aizen ? ... anyways no more than than 28 chapters or so left to the arrancar arc

rambokid
December 23, 2009, 04:30 PM
ichigo vs ulquiorra took about 14-15 chapters so we cant expect less than that from a possible ichigo vs aizen

well we know aizen >>> ichigo, so the fight could end in 2 chapters or so, why it should last so much if the power is so different, latest fight ichigo vs aizen was like 2 frames? lol

I have thought it could all be an illusion but it wouldnt have sense to read Tousen's thoughts since he cant be caught in illusion so, it should be for real.

En Yang Ji
December 23, 2009, 06:32 PM
I don't think it's just going to be Ichigo vs Aizen. Shinji's probably going to fight too.

Kaiten
January 16, 2010, 03:14 AM
I read Kubo's interview from Jump Festa: here (http://bleachasylum.com/threads/767-Interviews-with-Kubo-Tite?p=1976795&viewfull=1#post1976795). I didn't see any reference to when Gin and Aizen's bankai will be released, only a time line and that Isshin will be back. Does any one know where it says Aizen and Gin won't release bankai this arc? Any links?

Crude
January 16, 2010, 02:27 PM
Those two arcs could end up being better though.

vizardichigo
January 16, 2010, 03:27 PM
They will be better...Bleach only went downhill because of the pace is slow and they are only fighting with no plot progression...When the fighting is over and Kubo is focusing on the plot he is pretty good eg SS Arc and Arrancar Arc..

Random101
January 16, 2010, 08:34 PM
Nah, plot is usually mediocre, save when Aizen pulls something amazing (And even then it's generally from out of nowhere without proper buildup). What needs to happen is some of the Bleach Style Character interaction. That's what's been sorely missing of late.

Revolation
January 22, 2010, 10:54 AM
imagine if you were reading the manga after it were finished...no point in waiting week in and week out for a single chapter, that's my style..:D

yeah, everyone says how they loved SS arc, but if they read it week by week and mangahelpers was up back then, they would say the same thing they are saying now, the the story sucks.

if we all read bleach after it was done, we wouldn't get such harsh commentary:tem
[hr]
Oh, yeah and kubo's favorite characters are Aizen and Mayuri?

http://bleachasylum.com/threads/767-Interviews-with-Kubo-Tite?p=167541&viewfull=1#post167541

freshseth83
July 19, 2010, 08:58 PM
A new interview with Kubo took place- the 18th of last month, not sure of all the details, but here's a link http://blog.livedoor.jp/poppy_moon/archives/51529814.html

He took questions from a few people, one question was about Matsumoto, another about Shunsui's Bankai, and another about Rukia.

Any translators here? On BA they were talking about it a bit, here's a link to the discussion/thread- http://bleachasylum.com/threads/15711-18-6-jumpbang-tv-show-features-BLEACH

Yans86
July 25, 2010, 01:20 PM
This interview is pretty interesting,Kubo saying that the 4th movie(the will talk about hell) will explain/revolve around the current developmrnt in bleach XD
Hell is coming and Gin will be the one to open his doors ihihihih

Giady
January 25, 2011, 02:56 PM
CREDITS FOR THE SUMMARY BELOW OF THE INTERVIEW AT JUMP FESTA GO TO THE USER TATAI ON http://bleachasylum.com

- Bleach is at his half
- Bleach should continue another 10 years.
- Kubo has recently put his entire scenario on paper to make the story more exciting. (For the next 10 years)
- He works with his assistants and his publisher to expand the script and make it consistent to the maximum.
- He is very proud of the plot he had prepared and began to know how he wants to finish Bleach.
- In the first place, Grimmjow wasn't meant to be an important character, he was to quickly die. But as of now, his existence will eventually matter for the future of the manga.
- The birth of ichigo is surrounded in mystery since it's very special. the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! He is eager to see their reaction.
- Normally the Arrancar arc shouldn't be too long. It's thanks to the craze for Japanese fans for the Arrancars, without it, the arc would have been shorter.
- Female characters that kubo prefers are Matsumoto and Inoue.
- Male characters that Kubo prefers are Mayuri and Aizen.
- The end of the Arrancar arc should have been the end of Bleach if it didn't work and if the publisher had asked Kubo to finish the manga quickly. (Like before the start of the SS arc, because Bleach was threatened at that time)
- Kubo wanted to put this scene because it was really good, but the real end of Bleach will be totally different. (Note : Unfortunately, the scene in question is not specified in the summary of the fan. Maybe Kubo talk about the farewell scene, but it's just an opinion).

It's a summary of the Jump Festa.

I read this post on a forum and I thought I'd post it beacuse it is interesting...it is a summary of a interview of Tite Kubo made in 2011!! I'm very interested of secret on the birth of Ichigo that is surrounded in mystery since it's very special.the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! Kubo is eager to see their reaction...I'm very curious on this, I want to know...Who or What is Ichigo in reality? Is he 1/2 human and 1/2 shinigami as the story suggests? or Is he something else?
And Bleach is at his half and should continue another 10 years...WOW...Tite Kubo must have great plans O_O ...What do you think?

I have left the credits of the posts, I haven't left them for spoiler...I hope this goes well...

ZERO PHOENIX
January 25, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'm neither impressed nor excited. You give enough interviews, you read enough interviews and you learn to separate the stuff from the fluff.

- Bleach is at his half

We knew that.

- Bleach should continue another 10 years.

We knew that.

- Kubo has recently put his entire scenario on paper to make the story more exciting. (For the next 10 years)

I want you to see what I do here. Kubo says this, but he doesn't really say anything. What are the details? What is the scenario? What are somethings specifically that he is going to do with Bleach? There are no details here so there is nothing to get excited about.

- He works with his assistants and his publisher to expand the script and make it consistent to the maximum.

I haven't seen any proof of that in the actual work so, I doubt the validity of this statement.

- He is very proud of the plot he had prepared and began to know how he wants to finish Bleach.

Someone has to be proud of it right?

- In the first place, Grimmjow wasn't meant to be an important character, he was to quickly die. But as of now, his existence will eventually matter for the future of the manga.

See that!? Now this is actually a real detail that Kubo felt his audience was worthy of. At least we know he's dead.

- The birth of ichigo is surrounded in mystery since it's very special. the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! He is eager to see their reaction.

Doubt it. Ichigo's mom was a human who may have had spiritual powers. Ichigo's dad was a former shinigami. There is a whole lot of mystery in that. Unless someone from General Hospital shows up in Bleach there is no mystery here. If Kubo plans to repackage Ichigo then he needs to say that.

- Normally the Arrancar arc shouldn't be too long. It's thanks to the craze for Japanese fans for the Arrancars, without it, the arc would have been shorter.

Money. I got it.

Thanks for this information though. At least we finally have some answers about Grimmjow. Still, one would think Kubo could let us know about Nel while he was at it.

LoS
January 25, 2011, 05:08 PM

I haven't seen any proof of that in the actual work so, I doubt the validity of this statement.

As you said, this is not true. He improvises as he goes along, the plot is not terribly consistent, with some pretty glaring loopholes sometimes.

See that!? Now this is actually a real detail that Kubo felt his audience was worthy of. At least we know he's dead.

What does this even matter? You change your storyline and plot just because what you deemed a minor character was hugely popular? This is not consistent, it hurts that you have to forcefully find a place to include a character in the future.

Doubt it. Ichigo's mom was a human who may have had spiritual powers. Ichigo's dad was a former shinigami. There is a whole lot of mystery in that. Unless someone from General Hospital shows up in Bleach there is no mystery here. If Kubo plans to repackage Ichigo then he needs to say that.

Now now, he could actually make it interesting. Say, Ichigo is from the future/past...he is a series of clones...related to royalty

Money. I got it.

It was many many years too long. That one arc pretty much ruined bleach. Nothing happened for the longest time. We were given chapters with pages and full panels devoted to columns and dumb details.

Giady
January 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
you're quite a pessimistic view... for me thi interview is very interesting because it has proposed new elements that could make the story more interesting

This is what Kubo said, I don't think that he said this to give air to the mouth... this means that the birth of ichigo is an important aspect in the story and that it hides some secrets that can give a turning point in the story ...

if he says this in a interview means that it is so...we expect a twist...otherwise he would not say anything...don't you think?...He said this in the interview to ensure that fans remain in trepidation

- Bleach should continue another 10 years. - Bleach is at his half

I didn't know it...

CREDITS FOR THE TRANSLATION OF WHAT KUBO SAID ALLEDGEDLY SAID TO FANS AT JUMP FESTA GO TO USER MALTEX WHO IS ACTIVE ON THIS FORUM: http://ichixhime.actifforum.com

「半分は超えている」と師匠。
“Past halfway.” Answers sensei.
それに対して「少なくても10年は続きますね」と言ったのは森田
Then in that case [It needs at least 10 more years to continue.” Said Morita.
破面編が予定より長くなったという事に対して、
As regards to matter that arrancar arc was longer than as planned.
「じゃあ、予想外に活躍したキャラはいますか?」と森田がきくと、
Then in that case, character’s unexpected activities were put in there? Morita asked.
「グリムジョー。もっと早く死ぬつもりだったんだけど、描いてたら
勿体無くなったんで、活躍させた」と師匠
I planned Grimmjow to die earlier, but when I drew it, I saw there was no emphasize at all, so I added activities to it.” Said sensei.
藍染の「私は君が生まれた時から知っている」という台詞について
Referring to Aizen’s speech “I know you since you were born.”
この秘密はいつ明かされるのか、と質問する森田
“When is this secret going to be revealed?” Morita asked.
「まだはっきり決めてない」
“I haven’t clearly decided yet.” Sensei answered.
「考えてはいるんですか?」
“Have you thought about it yet?”
「なんとなく考えてはいる。でもすべて描く予定は無い。読者の想像の余地を残したいから」
“I do think about them, But I have not decided to draw all of them. I like to leave them into the reader’s imaginations.”

I doubt that he would say lies...you can read the interview...I have posted it, but These are just some parts fragmented of the interview...so it is not very clear, for this i had posted the summary of interview of those who had read it...

exacta
January 25, 2011, 08:55 PM

As you said, this is not true. He improvises as he goes along, the plot is not terribly consistent, with some pretty glaring loopholes sometimes.

What does this even matter? You change your storyline and plot just because what you deemed a minor character was hugely popular? This is not consistent, it hurts that you have to forcefully find a place to include a character in the future.

Now now, he could actually make it interesting. Say, Ichigo is from the future/past...he is a series of clones...related to royalty

It was many many years too long. That one arc pretty much ruined bleach. Nothing happened for the longest time. We were given chapters with pages and full panels devoted to columns and dumb details.

Ruined Bleach???? Lets be honest, if the arrancar arc ruined Bleach, it wouldn' be so damn popular. In fact, the reason the arrancar arc went on so long was because the concept of them was so popular in Japan. He didn't start to quickly wrap things up towards the end, meaning they liked reading about Arrancar, so in Japan(where it matters) thats probably considered a pretty damn successful arc. We may not have preferred he do it that way, but it seems like in Japan they did, and unfortunately their opinion matters more than ours.

Grimmjow is supposed to be important for future arcs, so I guess he'll be revived somehow.

I think we should be grateful we have a mangaka that will include a character more often if hes well received by the fans. Shows he cares about them. Plus I bet his publishers/editors probably advised he do it anyway. Realistically, an author is going to have to make some changes to his story to appease his fans, so he can continue his story long enough to end it properly, instead of doing only what he wants and having to end his series sooner than planned.

LoS
January 25, 2011, 11:57 PM
Just because something is popular by no means detracts from the falling off on storytelling. When you play to your audience so much and lose sight of the plot and merits to the story it loses value. Sure it looks good, and has plenty of action, but so to do a ton of other stories out there.

meepers4982
January 26, 2011, 11:14 AM
Just because something is popular by no means detracts from the falling off on storytelling. When you play to your audience so much and lose sight of the plot and merits to the story it loses value. Sure it looks good, and has plenty of action, but so to do a ton of other stories out there.

I think you are greatly mistaken in what you said. Kubo is still continuing with the plot he wants to write but in order to do that he has to change something here or there to keep the audience interested. If you read the manga thoroughly you will find that kubo has in fact planned some things in advance. Also instead of complaining about the story write one yourself if you think kubo is doing such a horrible job at it(i mean he has only been doing bleach for over seven years).

Sollum
January 26, 2011, 11:50 AM

Well, maybe the guy thinks that plots like:

Aizen: "Ichigo... you are my greatest experiment! I have been watching since the beginning, when you where in vial!"

Aizen: "Ichigo... I am you father!"

X: "Ichigo, you are artificially built human!"

X: "Ichigo, your weakness is Kryptonite!"

Are awesome >.> I really doubt anything in Bleach would be jaw dropping.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
Also instead of complaining about the story write one yourself if you think kubo is doing such a horrible job at it(i mean he has only been doing bleach for over seven years).

That doesn't exactly solve the problem does it? I'm not being snarky but that's sort of a childish argument to launch against LoS who has a very good point to make. I mean I've read some Bleach fanfics that Kubo can really take some lessons from in terms of character development so you really shouldn't knock someone (or attempt to) because what they come up with may not be as popular. To add to that, just because something is popular that doesn't mean there's an artistic reason for it. Who cares if Bleach has been going on for seven years? It's never too late to make it enteraining. And just because something has staying power that doesn't mean it has redeeming qualities. You get points for popularity in high school, not art.

I'm not saying Bleach is an awful title. I'm not even going to say it's bad. Simply, it's not as good as it was and it isn't nearly as good as it could be. Bleach had a lot of appeal when it first came out because it was doing something that other manga weren't doing. On top of that it was underground so its themes, style, details, hell its swagger appealed to a select crowd of people. However, when it became more and more popular it went mainstream and a lot of those details that made it unique went out the window. The thing is I got into Bleach because it was different, it was hip, it was where other manga wish they could be. Now it's gotten to the point where it's so mainstream I don't even know why I read this stuff to begin with.

So you can't hide behind the, oh it's popular so it's good argument because that doesn't work. Majority never rules where art is concerned. If something was good just because it was popular then Justin Beiber and American Idol wouldn't suck so much now would they? (ZING!) And if Bleach was all good, then no one would have anything to complain about now would they? Think about it like this. A rational person won't criticize a title unless there is reason to right? So if a person, and with the respect due to each other we will assume that we are all rational people, if a person raises an argument against a title or complaint then there must be good reason for it, even if you aren't able to see if from your pov. So a person who is just as rational and respectful to someone else's views must think well hm, if this person has an issue with the title then maybe we should explore that. That's a much more intelligent thing to do than to say, well the work is popular and if you don't like it too bad.

For example, one of the problems with Bleach is consistency. First Chad and Orihime got their powers from being close to Ichigo's reiatsu. Now we're told out of their blue that because their parents were attacked by hollows in the past they are fullbringers. First, their power came from Ichigo because his reiatsu affected their body's development. Now it comes from a hollow. And why is it that this is only coming out about Orihime now? I'll let Kubo slide when it comes to Chad because we are told that his powers are similar to the Hollow. However, there isn't any place in the entire manga where hollow powers are likened to Orihime. Not only that, but if we look at Orihime's powers and the powers of the fullbringers, they don't even operate under the same logic. So obviously consistency is a problem.

Character development is dead. If your name isn't Ichigo forget about it. On top of that characters are inserted and dropped with no explanation. I mean, do we have to form a search party ourselves for Neliel? On top of that details are added when there is no, in-universe reason for it. For example, Kubo claims that there is something very special about Ichigo's birth. That it's some secret that the fans are going to be quite excited about. We already know Ichigo's mom had some spiritual powers and we know his dad was an ex captain. Unless we find out that Isshin is not the baby's daddy and they end up on Maury then there isn't anything here. Even if Ichigo comes from royalty is already something that a lot of fans speculated as soon as we heard of the spirit king. And even if Ichigo is from the past or the future it won't be fresh, it will be cliche. There is nothing left in Ichigo's origins that will make a studied reader say, oh yeah that was totally unexpected. Kubo is trying to plant seeds in dead soil and we all know what that means. Sorry, I didn't mean to use the word dead, there is a more agricultural term for it but eh.

I'm not bashing the title because there's no challenge in doing that. Rather, I'm trying to get you to see why someone like LoS or myself might hold the views we do. You don't have to agree with them, but to discount others views in lieu of your own, or to simply say that a title is great because it's popular speaks to a very detrimental flaw in your arguments and way of thinking.

Well, maybe the guy thinks that plots like:

Aizen: "Ichigo... you are my greatest experiment! I have been watching since the beginning, when you where in vial!"

Aizen: "Ichigo... I am you father!"

X: "Ichigo, you are artificially built human!"

X: "Ichigo, your weakness is Kryptonite!"

LOL, perhaps but I'm guessing that we're going to find out that Byakuya and Hisana are Ichigo's parents, thus making Rukia his aunt. But wouldn't it be something if Hisana had an affair with Kenpachi and then he wants a DNA test? Then we'll find out that Orihime has a daughter who happens to be Yasiru who is actually Aizen's older sister and Aizen is Ichigo's twin because of a time paradox caused by Nemu trying to revive Dr. Kurosutchi after he died saving Soul Society from a war incited by rogue Vizards, Quincy, and Fullbringers. Aww man, this is wild. 2011 is the year of Bleach. All we need is for Steve Burton (Advent Children, General Hospital) to make a guest appearance and we're golden!

http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/294x255/3519152.jpg

Yeah, that's Cloud Strife son. The one and only.

I really doubt anything in Bleach would be jaw dropping.

True that.

igotthegoods
January 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
Things are getting a bit too off-topic. If you'd like to continue this general discussion about the quality of Bleach, please do so in the proper thread: Discussion on the shortcomings of Bleach's plot and pace (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16680). Otherwise, your posts may be subject to deletion. Thanks~

Anyway, thanks for posting, Giady. ^^ Ten more years of Bleach seems a bit too much to me, but I guess we'll see how things go. I am looking forward to seeing how Grimmjow is going to be important to future events. I'm not sure I'd like to see him be revived as a good guy, however (as has been predicted many, many times :darn).

Saint Markus
January 26, 2011, 09:30 PM
i bet Ichigo's birth is connected to the Spirit King somehow.

AlB
January 27, 2011, 05:20 AM
"A. Shunsui's appeal is not to defeat Aizen. But I let the readers think that 「If he goes Bankai he might be stronger than Aizen"

huh? WTF? :o :jawdrop

that's something new!!! and why the hell did he kill Stark then...? kubo, you bastard make sense!!!

Saint Markus
January 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
lol. Kubo said he pulled a "mindfreak" job on us with Shunsui's Ban Kai. hahahaaa!!.

Zeltrax
January 28, 2011, 06:26 AM
Ruined Bleach???? Lets be honest, if the arrancar arc ruined Bleach, it wouldn' be so damn popular. In fact, the reason the arrancar arc went on so long was because the concept of them was so popular in Japan. He didn't start to quickly wrap things up towards the end, meaning they liked reading about Arrancar, so in Japan(where it matters) thats probably considered a pretty damn successful arc. We may not have preferred he do it that way, but it seems like in Japan they did, and unfortunately their opinion matters more than ours.

Grimmjow is supposed to be important for future arcs, so I guess he'll be revived somehow.

1) I'm pretty sure that soul society arc was the arc that made Bleach popular. Reason being it actually have good writing and is short and sweet.

Oh. No big panels too.

2) Arrancar is dragon ball, modernized. I can name more than 5 examples for you if you want me to. That is the reason behind why the concept is so popular, because it can be related to by the japanese.

3) Whoever and whenever was it mentioned that Grimmjow was dead? I'm pretty sure he just got cut'd, he's death was never mentioned in the manga.
There is no need for revival.

Zehahaha
February 01, 2011, 06:41 AM
Guys, you can criticize as much as you like, but the fact is, japanese loved Arrancar arc, so deal with it. The first target for his manga are japanese to begin with, not us.

We're different from japanese, and we tend to over-analyse manga, like actually making absolutely wonderful theories out of nothing only in the end to be literally trolled by Kubo, I mean there's some theories that were made, if Kubo used them, the manga will be perfect, and that's exactly your problem guys : you expect way too much from Kubo. I like Bleach when I read just like that without actually trying to make sense of it. . Fights are good, drawing is good, power-levels a little bit messed up but anyway... SS arc was great in the storytelling of course, but in battles I prefered Arrancar/Fake Karukura arc anyway.

Point is : this stuff is made for Japanese, analysing it is good, but over analysing it and being pissed off because of it is with all my respect stupid. And as long as Bleach makes money, and that some characters are loved by Jap fans like Grimmjow, Hitsugaya... Then be ready to still see them kickin ass.

bitingman
April 14, 2011, 01:18 AM
I recommend you some Twitter accounts related to shonenjump.

■ Tite Kubo (MANGAKA of BLEACH)
https://twitter.com/#!/tite_kubo

■Hisashi SASAKI(the editor of shonenjump)
https://twitter.com/#!/SASAKI_Hisashi

■Kyosuke Usuta(MANGAKA of jaguar)
https://twitter.com/#!/k_usuta

SASAKI tweet in English but others don`t, maybe you need Google translation to know what is happening to them .[/url]

Darjaille
November 08, 2011, 09:59 AM
A little update ^_^

There was a small interview with Kubo in a music magazine, seems like proper translation still isn't up.

Credit to Annie and Debbie-chan from BA (http://bleachasylum.com/) and bleachness (http://bleachness.livejournal.com/)
The original article can be found here (http://bleachness.livejournal.com/632711.html)

Sensei in a music magazine talks a bit about Bleach. No complete translations yet from what I've gathered, he mentions the 10 year plan for Bleach, says that in the past 10 years he's learned not to care what people think of his manga anymore and that he's trying to speed up his manga now versus trying to stretch it (!!!) but that it still drags in parts.

http://pics.livejournal.com/_debbiechan_/pic/002k8xqp

Here's he is with the author of Five, Shiori Furukawa--she drew a pic of Hitsugaya for him and he drew a Five character for her (Koujiro I'm told--I don't know Five)

http://pics.livejournal.com/_debbiechan_/pic/002k738g
http://pics.livejournal.com/_debbiechan_/pic/002kafy7

Furukawa-san is really cute. She's the one who requested Rukia in Jump's swimsuit spread last year but Kubo picked Orihime because it suited the mangaka Kawashita's style. Here the bday pic she drew for Sensei last year:
http://pics.livejournal.com/_debbiechan_/pic/002k99ty

cracker
November 08, 2011, 10:33 AM
Good that he doesn't care...he might actually start killing characters, so what Byakuya (fan favourite) loses to Tsukishima?

Personally I have always felt that writers should just tell their story and if people like it so be it, you shouldn't compromise quality simply for fan service, unless of course its all for the money lol

The best stories don't involve fan service, they are just told...

Darjaille
November 08, 2011, 10:41 AM
Good that he doesn't care...he might actually start killing characters, so what Byakuya (fan favourite) loses to Tsukishima?

Yeah he said that he doesn't care (not just here, but in tweets also), but he still tries to improve the "bleach drag" pacing... maybe not because of others, but yeah, that's one of the most criticized things in bleach, so...
I don't think this arc is so important to have one of main supportive charas dying, IMO it's more important in terms of introducing us to the next arc...
It sounds weird that he doesn't care, because IMO writer should care about opinions of readers, of course in the end Kubo should decide by himself.
And he did care in Arrancar arc, which was meant to be much shorter, but japanese just liked arrancars too much.

cracker
November 08, 2011, 10:56 AM
What I meant was...that detachment from readers will allow him to tell the story how it was meant to be told, with sacrifices being made...characters dying etc. Those decisions should made by the writer and not influence by how much a character is liked by the public. Though of course a character shouldn't really die if it doesn't truly serve the plot.

I mean its weird look at the FKT fight, that was shit...not one good character died in the war, there were no causalities not even after a chick got literally cut in half, that was so silly. Oh and I never meant for Byakuya to die against Tsukishima, but theres a bigger chance of him losing if Kubo doesn't factor in public opinion. If Tsukishima serves a bigger purpose he won't lose.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 08, 2011, 12:05 PM
It's just that sometimes it's good, when an author doesn't care much about reader's opinion, but still it's obvious that in fact he has to worry at least a bit. But still manga is mostly fan servise and it's not only about Bleach, but also about Naruto, One Piece, Reborn and many other mangas. It's quite obvious, cause it's a big buiseness.

Darjaille
December 17, 2011, 04:29 PM
With Jump Festa here, we get another Interview and Stage stuff. I'll be updating!!

Just check this post (http://deathberry.com/index.php?topic=65.msg1031#msg1031) for loooooooooooooots of info~~~ credit is of deathberry.com

Credit to Hatifnatten @ NF

現世に来た死神をこのメンバーにしたのは何故か?→先生「一護と関係が深いキャラ。一護を助けに来るのはコ イツらしかいないだろう!ということで。でも一角だけ出すの迷ったw」

Q: Why are only those Shinigami came to the Real World?

Kubo: Because they are characters who have a strong bond with Ichigo. They must be the ones to come and help Ichigo, no other way around! So that's that. Though I was hesitating about Ikkaku, haha.

「空吾」は一護と対になるように命名された。 月島さんは実は何年も前からキャラは出来ていた。もしかしたら死神として登場してたかも
"Kuugo" was named as an opposite to Ichigo. Tsukishima was created many years ago. Perhaps he might have appeared as a Shinigami.
(空吾 Kuugo - One who is empty; 一護 Ichigo - One who is protecting)

The key to Tsukishima is the sense of isolation.
The book Tsukishima is reading: ジョージ・キリアンの『アイオーンの帰還』 George Kilian's "Return of the Aeon"
Aeon is an ancient Greece concept of a man's entire lifespan.

Kilian is based on some real person's name.

In Ginjou's design, appearance came to mind first.
Kanji "Go" in name Kuugo was made in pair for Ichigo's "Go"

There's no meaning for Tsukishima's name.
Tsukishima's appearance and name came to mind simultaneously.
Kubo was originally thinking about a Shinigami "with a beautiful sword".

The captains who came to town all had a connection with Ichigo. About Ikkaku Kubo had his doubts.

Chapters 477 and 478 are Substitute Shinigami Arc climax.

私と緋真が一緒に行く事は決まっていて招待状は2人とも当たったので最大4人観覧出来る状態

だったので亞也と碧を誘って観覧しました!親しいBLEACHファンの役に立てれば何よりです w

上の方にも書きましたが期待していたクリアファイルは…原宿卍解祭の使い回しでした

夏の暑い中苦労してやったスタンプラリーのクリアファイルだったとは驚きです コレで何枚目だ よ←

卍解祭の時貰ったクリアファイルは行けなかった人にあげたのでまたそうするから良いですけどね

そしてステージが始まり、最初はアテレコ

先週のアニメの先から先週のジャンプの話までで一護・ルキア・銀城・月島が目立っているシーン

原作の445・446・459・460・461・468・469・472・473・474・475のシーン が使われていました

白哉役の置鮎さんは不在ですが声が事前に録音してあり、白哉VS月島戦なんかが!

生で声優さんが声を当てているのを目で見て耳で確認出来て鳥肌が立ちましたよ

中でも痺れたのが先先週のジャンプ掲載474話の一護の「うるせえ!!!」というセリフ

やっぱり声優さんってスゴイですね…改めてそう思いましたよ

長めのアテレコが終わり、BLEACHステージ恒例というか森田さんが毎回言う「BLEACH 」コール

森田さんの後に続いて「BLEEEEEEEACH!!!」と叫ぶのが気持ち良いんですよね

久保先生が登場した際には毎回の事ですが、泣きそうに…というか泣きました。

原宿卍解祭については少し話され「もっとサラっとしたイベントだと思ってた割にちゃんとしたイベントだった 」

という感じの事を久保先生が仰られていました

月島役の小野大輔さんは月島の格好…つまりサスペンダーを着ておられましたw

小野さんは月島の完現術から「月島は友達が少ないんじゃないか」と久保先生に言っていて

完現術と性格だとかに関りがある事について「よく読んでおられるなって思いました」的な事を言 われて

いました!小野さん…良いね←

「月島のいつも読んでいる本は何なんですか?」と森田さんが久保先生に質問

月島の読んでいる本は小説らしいですよ 「アイオーンの帰還」みたいなタイトルでした

アニメでそのうち出るらしいです 正月のアニメはまたギャグみたいですけどw

銀城役の東地さんの自分の役の好きなセリフは「ウーロン茶下さい」

月島役の小野さんの自分の役の好きなセリフは「良いね」と「僕だよ」

「ウーロン茶下さい」に関してはあの顔であんなセリフ言うかって感じで銀城の元がどうのこうの

「良いね」と「僕だよ」に関してはアニメ収録スタジオで流行っているらしいですよ

森田さんが「良いね」を言いたがっていたり「来年の流行語大賞になれば良い」という感じでした

絵描き代行決定戦

自分の演じるキャラを絵に描いてくるという宿題を出されていた森田さん・折笠さん・東地さん・ 小野さん

森田さんは普通の一護ではなく完全虚化一護を歌舞伎風の絵柄で描かれていて年賀状風イラストw

折笠さんは原作のギャグ顔ルキア並みのクオリティの高さ

東地さんはオールバックの筈なのにパンチパーマみたいな銀城で上手かったです

小野さんは…顔に対して体が長過ぎて「コレじゃ5mだよ」と「栞みたい」とツッコミを入れられ たりww

森田さんが自分の描いた絵を年賀状・小野さんの描いた絵を栞にして売ろうと提案していましたw ww

最終的に久保先生が休暇を取りたいと思った時に折笠さんと東地さんに交互に担当して貰いたいと 結論

そうしてBLEACHステージ恒例の久保先生の生描き

今回は1人ではなくなんと2人!眉毛なんかを描いた時点で気づきましたが銀城と月島でした!!

久保先生は一切迷い無く手を動かし、物の数秒で描き上げてしまい、まるで扉絵のようなイラスト が!!

「やはりこのお方は神なんだ」と改めて私は思いました 一生拝めます←

夢見と暁と私で結成した久保帯人教ですが…本当にあの久保帯人というお方は神だと思います!! !

なんなら久保先生の写真を額にいれて毎日拝んでやろうかってくらいですからね?←

今後のBLEACHは死神代行消失篇が来週・再来週のジャンプで山場らしいです

ジャンプ3号に掲載される1シーンが公開されました 上に見下ろす一護・下に倒れる銀城です

銀城が裏切ってからはネタバレを読んでいるのでどんな展開だか知っているのですが…ヤバイです

あの子が…あの人が…みたいな← 今後のBLEACHの展開に目を放せませんよ!!!!

ジャンプスーパーステージは40分なのですが…私からすれば3分にしか感じられないくらい短い です

小野さんが「今日は挟んじゃうよ」と言っていた気がするので挟まれたのですが記憶が…

書き忘れもある気がしますがやはりBLEACHステージはとても良いですよ!生きていて良かっ たです

幕張は今日も晴れだった。

目指すは11:40~12:20のBLEACHジャンプスーパーステージ。
待機時間はまったり舞台上の巨大スクリーンに映るスケットなどの原作アテレコアニメを鑑賞。
上演開始直前に死神代行消失篇1話の一護のモノローグのアレレコが流れました。
原作絵のところどころに彩色がしてあって素敵でした。

時間になって、舞台向かって右側に東地さん&小野D、左側に森田さん&おりりん登場☆
おりりんは髪が伸びていて、毛先をふんわり巻いていました。黒っぽいふんわりワンピに短めのパールっぽいチ ェーンの先にピンクのリボンがついたネックレスをつけていて、とても可愛かったです^^

まずは原作にアテレコ。
銀城との出逢い、月島さん襲撃、ルキアさんとの再会、兄様vs月島さん(兄様の声は録音!照明がちゃんとピ ンクに!)、つい先週の「一護の不変が尸魂界百万年の~」というルキアさんのモノローグから、引きのドン! までを要所要所かいつまんでダイジェストのようにアフレコしていました。
カッコよかったです。

アフレコが終ったところで久保先生登場☆
久保先生の髪型&カラーも新章仕様に変化していました^^
そして!今回はサングラスを外されていたのです。

ちなみに小野Dは白いシャツに黒いパンツそしてサスペンダーという月島さんルックでした^^
東地さんも白いTシャツに黒いジャケット、クロスネックレスという銀城っぽい装いでした。

そして始まるトーク。今年はあまり先の展開に触れませんでした。

Q.一護、死神vsエクスキューション。戦いの行方は?
A.銀城が裏切るシーンは読者の反応が良かった。大きかった。銀城は最初から怪しかったので(読者が)モヤ モヤしていたので、それが晴れた感じ。(意訳)

声優さん:銀城はずっと怪しくて、仲間かなと思ったところでの裏切りだったので驚いた。

小野D:月島は孤独。(銀城たちと)仲間というよりビジネスパートナーという感じ。説明しそう でしない。
久保先生:月島の孤独は重要なポイント。

久保先生はイメージで能力を作っている。
月島は孤独感が鍵。
月島が読んでいる本はジョージ・キリアンの『アイオーンの帰還』
アニメのスタッフから「表紙だけでも・・・」と言われて、月島が読みそうな本のタイトルを考え た。
アイオーンは古代ギリシア語である期間の時間を指し、時代や世紀、人の生涯というような意味。
キリアンは誰か実在の人物の名前から。

銀城は先にルックスが浮んで、「一護と対になるように、一護の『ご』と同じ『吾』という文字を名前に使った 。」

月島さんの名前に意味はない。月島はルックスと名前が同時に浮んだ。「綺麗な剣を持っている」というイメー ジだったから最初は死神かなと思ったがここで出すことにした。

空座町に来た隊長たちは一護との関係で選んだ。一角を出すかどうか迷った。

来週のジャンプからヒトコマ紹介。倒れた銀城を見つめる一護のコマ。他のコマはネタバレになる から。

来週と再来週の合併号が死神代行消失篇の山場になる。

最後は画伯を探せコーナー。
各声優さんたちが自分の演じるキャラの絵を書いてきた。
森田さんは一護の仮面のデザインをスタイリッシュに。
折笠さんはデフォルメされて焦った新章ルキアさんをキュートに!すっごくすっごく上手で可愛い !
東地さんはゴルゴのような劇画タッチの銀城を濃厚にw久保先生曰く「ダークエンジェルに出てき そう」
落ちは小野D。20頭身くらいの月島さんを細長くwきもかわいいかったですw

久保先生曰く、死神代行消失篇はずっと暗くてしんどい話でした。それでも読んでくれてありがとうございます とのことです。

最後に森田さんの「ルキア先生」がツボでした。おりりんをそう呼んだのですv
ちなみにステージで貰えるクリアファイルは原宿卍解祭りの時と同じものでした。

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111216/dsdsd.png
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111216/ggdd.jpg
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8870/kwjpd.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/dfdfs.jpg
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8339/getsugaburger.jpg
(:lmao)
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800045011677529111.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800045011677529113.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800045011677529114.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800045011677529138.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800045011677531223.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800045011677533635.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/o0800142111677533633.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/95b13d16.jpg
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111217/6079224b.jpg

Another short comments from Kubo, credit goes to Nacchan @ deathberry.com

第53回JUMPとレジャー新人漫画賞の久保先生のコメント
Q1.個性的な面々が揃うXCUTIONですが、彼らを創る過程で工夫した点、注力した点などを教えてくだ さい。
A.今までBLEACHを描いてくる途中で頭の中に出てきたキャラクターの中で「これは尸魂界でも虚圏でも 出せない。現世に居るべきだな」と思ったキャラクター達の中から、一つの集団として相性が(いろんな意味で )良さそうな連中を選んで登場させました。

Kubo-sensei comments for JUMP 53th Leisure Newcomer Mangaka Awards

Q1. We've already get the backgrounds from each members of the XCUTION but can you tell us more about the process how you first created them?

A. While I'm drawing BLEACH among the characters that keeps popping up inside my head there are this group that「Haven't appeared in soul society or hueco mundo. They belong in the real world」 I picked those who has the best looks be it individually and when being put together as a group then I put them on the manga.

Q2.一護の完現術や死神の力復活時の姿などの形態変化のデザインをする上で気をつけていることを教えてく ださい。
A.一護の完現術は特撮ヒーローのようなイメージで、小さい子達にはカッコ良く見え、長らくBLEACHを 読んでいる、或はある程度年齢のいった読者には違和感や不満を持ってもらえるものを目指して描きました。「 死覇装に戻った時」の爽快感を大きくする為に。そしてそれと同じくらい重要だったのは「衣装のイメージが一 護よりも銀城に似合う」という事です。

Q2. Please tell us more about the change of designs from Ichigo's Fullbring outfit to his new appearance when he got back his shinigami power.

A . Ichigo's fullbring outfit was based from the image of tokusatsu heroes that little kids would find it as cool. My goal when designing the fullbring outfit was to give the longtime BLEACH readers in certain age groups feels uneasy and worried, so the "relieved" impact when Ichigo is back in his shihakuso (shinigami robes) can be felt more immensely. At the same time I designed those with 「an outfit that would suits Ginjou far better than Ichigo」in mind.

Q3.志望者に一言メッセージをお願いします。
A.好きなものを好きなように作れる仕事は、それほど多くありませんが、マンガ家はそれができる数少ない仕 事です。楽しんで描きましょう。楽しくなくなったら諦めましょう。自分が楽しくないものを、読者に楽しんで もらおうなんて思うことのないように。

Q3. Some messages for the contestants?

A. There are not many jobs that enables you to make something you truly love in a way that you also love. Being a mangaka is one of those few jobs. Let's draw with enjoyment, and when you can't find the enjoyment when drawing then stop because I don't think readers can enjoy reading something that the author himself didn't enjoy making it.

A/N : Right now SJ is holding contest for new mangaka, Kubo's messages is for the applicants.

3c
December 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
What a troll. I had heard that he made Ichigo's Fullbring look ugly on purpose, but seeing proof of him actually saying it is simply hilarious. Way to go, Kubo. I must admit I was one of the guys that were worried.

Very nice pictures too.

Darjaille
December 17, 2011, 05:07 PM
What a troll. I had heard that he made Ichigo's Fullbring look ugly on purpose, but seeing proof of him actually saying it is simply hilarious. Way to go, Kubo. I must admit I was one of the guys that were worried.

Very nice pictures too.

Yeah, thank God he didn't think we're going to like it :XD It was all for us to miss shini shihakusho~~

Next chapter is the climax of the arc!
At least
Let's start the new year with a fresh new awesome arc :super

The Newbie.
December 17, 2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, thank God he didn't think we're going to like it :XD It was all for us to miss shini shihakusho~~

Next chapter is the climax of the arc!
At least
Let's start the new year with a fresh new awesome arc :super

With a 9 year long arc. He said there would be a short one followed by a long one. Get ready.

Miyagi
December 17, 2011, 07:08 PM
I can't imagine an arc that lasts nine years, there're probably more arcs after the long one unless Kubo specifically said there were two arcs left and two arcs only. It's nice to know Chapter 478 is the climax of the current arc, I'm looking forward to it and all the revelations it will bring. Another interesting part is that Tsukishima was created many years ago, which supports the idea somebody has been under the influence of BOE for a long time. *fingers crossed*

Darjaille
December 17, 2011, 07:22 PM
I can't imagine an arc that lasts nine years, there're probably more arcs after the long one unless Kubo specifically said there were two arcs left and two arcs only. It's nice to know Chapter 478 is the climax of the current arc, I'm looking forward to it and all the revelations it will bring. Another interesting part is that Tsukishima was created many years ago, which supports the idea somebody has been under the influence of BOE for a long time. *fingers crossed*

Arrancar Arc lasted 4 years, 9 is no problem :nod XD It may be oficially only one big arc, but still will be somehow divided, like Arrancar was Human World, Hueco Mundo, Fake Karakura and Deicide.

I think what he means by saying that Tsuki was created long time ago was that he thought about his design a long time ago... not that he knew what he'll be and where he'll use him.
And of course, there's Unohana's former Lieutenant who looks like his copy, lol :p

yumimi
December 17, 2011, 10:46 PM
About the Jump Festa stuff:

Deathberry (http://deathberry.com/index.php?topic=65.msg1031#msg1031) has it all :3 and BA like normal ofc :3

Darjaille
February 27, 2012, 07:25 AM
http://www.sjalpha.com/node/226

Shounen Jump Alpha is doing an interview with Kubo too, full interview is available only to SJ Alpha members though. Here, at least a sneak peek.

Schabrak
March 01, 2012, 04:52 AM
Here is the second part of the sneak-peak, I hate living in europe...

Q: After the massive Arrancar arc finished, can you tell us what you were trying to do with the Lost Agent arc that started in volume 49?

Tite Kubo: In the story arc, I was trying to reboot and recreate what I have done in Bleach up until now. In Bleach chapter one, Ichigo gained the power of a Soul Reaper. But now that he has lost his power, Ichigo must get it back. It’s like starting all over. The Lost Agent arc is important because it leads into future chapters. (Note: The next story arc, The Final Chapter: Thousand Years Blood War arc began in this issue!)