PDA

View Full Version : 500th chapter!!

garaa89
March 19, 2008, 01:33 PM
i think there should be something special for the 500th chapter of one piece. The only special cover i saw was wend the had the 100th chapter and it looked like everybodys dream came true. but what do you think.

Ustegius
March 22, 2008, 05:19 AM
Well, In some other thread I already said, that 500 should be xtralong (about 30-40 pages) and could be very cool if it contained the arrival to New World or, which is more likely, to Fishman Island. Atleast there should be an awesome colorspread :)

The Boff
March 23, 2008, 05:21 AM
i think there should be something special for the 500th chapter of one piece. The only special cover i saw was wend the had the 100th chapter and it looked like everybodys dream came true. but what do you think.

only special cover???

dude, One piece have more colorspreads than naruto and bleach together.
oda gives colorspreads about every 25 chapter or something

Superman
March 23, 2008, 07:16 AM
Well, In some other thread I already said, that 500 should be xtralong (about 30-40 pages) and could be very cool if it contained the arrival to New World or, which is more likely, to Fishman Island. Atleast there should be an awesome colorspread :)

Yeah agree fully.

@ The Boff.

Your avatar is one of a kind i can`t stop watching it.
I saw one other good avatar on MH ( long time ago) but you top even that, seriously i watched at it 5 minutes nonstop, but who personate the third person from the right on your sign.

Next time, use a PM for a personal question.

Absolutio
March 23, 2008, 04:36 PM

That would be awesome!
Except for the 1st chapter, I don't think there were any other specially long chapter. Fairy tail has long chapters like every 10 chapters, so why can't One Piece get some longer chapters as well? It would be awesome if this idea comes true.

Imitorar
March 23, 2008, 05:15 PM
Fairy Tail doesn't run in Weekly Shonen Jump. Jump is pretty set about how many pages a series gets. One Piece gets 19, counting the title page, which is actually quite alot, more then any other series in the magazine (excluding new series, which get an extra 2 or 3 pages until they hit chapter 15 or so, and the story has established itself) because it's the most popular. Dragon Ball (Best-selling manga in history, at least in Japan) got 15 pages (counting title page) per chapter for 518 chapters. That's every chapter but one, the first chapter. That chapter got 30 pages. Shueisha has gotten rather lenient with how many pages a series gets since the 80's. (That or Toriyama didn't wanna have to do more then 15 per week, which is very possible). Either way, One Piece gets more pages then anything else in Weekly Jump, and a successful magazine like Weekly Jump (it's the most popular manga magazine in Japan) doesn't NEED to give extra pages to series to raise sales.

Absolutio
March 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
well, still. a special chapter would be awesome. It's not everyday that a series hit the 500 mark. And what you stated above just proves that they're cheapstakes. An extra page or two costs them money, so they prefer to save it then to thrill the fans once in a while.. Even Anime Tokyo or Anime TV (don't remember) decide to put series on stall sometimes to make room for other series' specials (like Naruto for example).