PDA

View Full Version : Cover story! CP9!!

Hiruma-Kun
March 20, 2008, 01:17 PM
Does the cover story have any effect on the main story line? Like with Cp9 right now?

marte1980
March 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
Does the cover story have any effect on the main story line? Like with Cp9 right now?
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. For example Caimie and the story of Hachi's Takoyaky shop have appeared on the first pages of some old chapters. But in general what you read there really happens, we simply don't know if it will have any consequence on future chapters of the main story.

Hiruma-Kun
March 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
so scince cp9 survived if they recover will they go after straw hat again

Imitorar
March 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
so scince cp9 survived if they recover will they go after straw hat again
Probably not, they only did it because the World Government ordered them to, and the World Government were their bosses. Except for Lucci. Lucci actually believes that Robin is a threat to the World Government that needs to be destroyed, and I can see him going after her even without orders to do so. But I'm pretty sure Oda wouldn't have that happen, so I assume that the other CP9 members will convince him to let Robin and the other Straw Hats go, and then they'll move on with their lives, either with a new mission, or by coming up with a way of integrating with the normal world. I assume the latter, since that's how cover-stories usually go. (Wapol, Hatchan, Baroque Works, Gedatsu, etc.)

Hiruma-Kun
March 20, 2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks! the latest cover for them looks pretty cool but not for Lucci:tem

kkck
March 23, 2008, 10:45 PM
I wonder what will cp9 do.... hopefully they wont go back to working for the wg and become pirates or shipwrights again...

Limnus
March 23, 2008, 10:58 PM
Well we have seen how the cover stories HAVE spilled into the mainstream storyline. It's all a matter of time. First it was Buggy and Alvida. They had their little cover story adventures, and then met up with the Strawhats at Roguetown. Similarly for Hatchan's Sea Stroll. He was happily selling his takoyaki, integrating with the normal world, and now he's back (yay btw, I liked him).

My prediction is that the Strawhats will cross roads again with Baroque Works at Impel Down. I'm hoping it will be a nice big event, especially since Mr 2's there, but the chances of that happening are rather slim. I think Oda will make it more like cameo.

While it may not have to be a big new arc involving them, I think the CP9 will make another appearance in the far future. As of right now it's hard to think where, but I am looking forward to it ;)

kkck
March 23, 2008, 11:02 PM
I dont think the strawhats will go to impel down since it would mean that they hace to go back to ennies lobby, trash the place again and enter the only place in world from which it is said that it is imposible to scape.

kawaiikneko
March 26, 2008, 06:53 PM
I personally think that the Strawhats will visit Impel Down, but possibly by a different route than Ennis Lobby. But who knows... maybe no such thing exists. The way it has been played up, however, I don't see how it wouldn't show up in the story line at all. Maybe it'll be a breakaway chapter like the fight between Ace and Blackbeard?

As for the CP9 cover stories, does anyone else get annoyed that no one EVER actually dies in One Piece? You'd think that, eventually, someone would take a beating hard enough that they'd just snuff it. This may be an exaggeration, but I can't recall any real character deaths One Piece besides those in flashbacks. Now... personally, I think deaths, when not thrown in haphazardly, can be very poignant and driving in stories.

Absolutio
March 26, 2008, 10:37 PM
As for the CP9 cover stories, does anyone else get annoyed that no one EVER actually dies in One Piece? You'd think that, eventually, someone would take a beating hard enough that they'd just snuff it. This may be an exaggeration, but I can't recall any real character deaths One Piece besides those in flashbacks. Now... personally, I think deaths, when not thrown in haphazardly, can be very poignant and driving in stories.

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4265

lordHokage
April 02, 2008, 07:46 AM
I want to see CP9 again. I wouldn’t be surprise if CP9 becomes Straw Hat Pirates most trusted allies. I think they were used by the World Government in the most despicable way. :blink

Razh
April 02, 2008, 11:08 AM
None of them were forced to do anything. They aren't some good guys who had no choice but to follow orders. Sure they are not all completely bad, but MOST TRUSTED ALLIES? WOULDN'T BE SURPRISE? Come on...:s

Absolutio
April 02, 2008, 03:43 PM
anyone knows the translation of the cp9 chapter 494's title?

Luckas
April 02, 2008, 04:50 PM
anyone knows the translation of the cp9 chapter 494's title?
Taken by [One Piece] [Shonen] One Piece Chapter 494 by Carlos Net (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=791811#post791811): CP9's Independent Report Vol. 4: "Forced Error; Pursuers from the World Government".

kkck
April 02, 2008, 11:30 PM
I want to see CP9 again. I wouldn’t be surprise if CP9 becomes Straw Hat Pirates most trusted allies. I think they were used by the World Government in the most despicable way. :blink

How were thay used? Im pretty sure that they voluntarily did everything they did.

lordHokage
April 03, 2008, 12:51 PM
None of them were forced to do anything. They aren't some good guys who had no choice but to follow orders. Sure they are not all completely bad, but MOST TRUSTED ALLIES? WOULDN'T BE SURPRISE? Come on...:s

How were thay used? Im pretty sure that they voluntarily did everything they did.

Following orders is one thing but being used is a whole another story. Aokiji's motives are questionable and since he never expected Straw Hat Pirates to defeat the great CP9. I think there is a lot more to this saga than meets the eye, things are not what they appear to be. :blink

Wale
April 06, 2008, 02:26 PM
I want to see CP9 again. I wouldn’t be surprise if CP9 becomes Straw Hat Pirates most trusted allies.

The CP9 is not like Hachi or like Bon Clay. I think they will split up, like the Baroque Works did, and some of them will go back to Water 7.

kazuma_uzumaki
April 07, 2008, 12:26 AM
I doubt they'll make a MJOR impact into the story like how alvida and buggy did. Maybe they'll appear in very small cameos. You know like when they put a character really small in the corner that nobody notices

lordHokage
April 08, 2008, 07:37 AM
The CP9 is not like Hachi or like Bon Clay. I think they will split up, like the Baroque Works did, and some of them will go back to Water 7.

I could careless what happens to Jyabura but I think Kaku’s has a bright future ahead of him. As for Rob Lucci and the others, they’re too arrogant and that’s why got beat up. :blink