PDA

View Full Version : Favorites Favourite Hollows/Arrancar

Crude
March 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
Every time I see a Bleach popularity thread, it's mostly always about the captains, their vice captains and the humans in the series. That's why I think there should be a popularity thread just for the Hollows and Arrancar of the series.

Here's what I think about the Espada:

1. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques - Besides having the coolest name, he's just
likeable thanks to his atittude.
2. Ulquiorra Schiffer - Looks cool and acts cool.
3. Nnoitra Jiruga - Used to really dislike him, but he's got a great release, has a past with Nel and I can really sympathise with him.
4. Szayel Aporro Granz - Besides being gross and always having something up his sleave, I like him. Also has the coolest uniform.
5. Halibel - She's hot and cool headed. Hope she's Primera Espada.
6. Stark - Laid-back and calm. Also one of the top 3.
7. Zommari Leroux - Use to think he was really cool, but after his fight with Byakuya...
8. Aaroniero Arruruerie - Actually pretty cool, but pathetic at the same time... I like his voice effects though.
9. Yammy - He's nothing special... yet!
10. Old Man - Looks boring and I can't believe he's in the top 3.

Igglemaru
March 21, 2008, 08:23 AM
my favourite Hollows/arrancar...

ahem..

1. Wonderwice magera - i love him hes so cool! weahhhhhhh!? (he probably is zero espada, or the true villain of the bleach series, my own theory)
2. Grimmjaw - i liked him from the moment we met him in the series, cool voice actor in the anime, his attitude is awsome, hes the darth vader in my opinion, he seems both good and evil with no goals other than to fight. wasnt fussed on his release, i expected something more bulkier whilst being stealthy and slimline at the same time.
3. Halibel - the yourichi of the espada maybe? personally think shes no.2/3 i like her sword design, and i expect much of her release.
p.s (.)(.) <- bigggg

4. noitoria - his release was awsome, and i really wanted him to end kenpachis life, but as we now all know, 2 hands are better than one ;)

5. Nell - shes great, especially in the anime, and her adult/release forms are cool, sort of like orihime the espada... weird..

th-tha-thats all folks!

Dice
March 21, 2008, 11:14 AM
1. Stark - I like his attitude very much and I think he might be #1
2. Nell - Funny character and so far the only arrancar on the "good" side.
3. Nonoitra - Quite cool too
4. Halibel - no big reason *lool* Nah I really think it's quite cool to have a female character in the top 3
5. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques - Well....he's just my # 5 because I wanted to write down my top 5 and
didn't know who should it be XD

The worst and lamest arrancar : Grand Fisher

Starky-08
March 21, 2008, 01:56 PM
My faves:

1.Stark - Acts alot like me, ya know lazy and laid back.
2.Ulquiorra - I like his attitude.
3.Grimmjow/Nel - Awesome story he has! and Nel is just powerful and awesome!
4.Szayel - I like his skills
5.Halibel - Swift action(Well maybe?), and is alot like ulquiorra.
6.Noitora - Great backstory awesome release.
7.Aaroniero - Nice skills, pure evil.
8.Zommari - He was 2nd fave until he became a filler arrancar and got pwned.
9.Yammy - I believe he will play a big part sometime.
10.Baragan - Very, very, very little is known about him!

Pollux
March 21, 2008, 02:05 PM
1 : Grimmjow because of his personality, his fighting style and the way he looks. The only thing I dislike in him is the way his release looks.
2 : Nell/Nelliel because she is cute (replace "cute" by "sexy" if she is in her adult form although she is quite cute in adult form when she hugs Ichigo) and funny.
3 : Stark because he reminds me of Shunsui, one of my favourite captains.
4 : Ulquiorra, just because I like how he looks.
5 : Dordonni although I don't really know why. I just like him a lot.

Leen
March 26, 2008, 01:18 AM
1. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques
Best Espada. Great character. Fiery, dramatic, rough. I like him. I like how he suffers the most injuries in all the espadas. First he got smashed by that black getsuga tenshou, lost one arm and his "6", recovered those back, got into battle with Ulquiorra, got into battle with Ichigo and ends there. It is awesome to watch his character progresses throughout the story. An absolute beauty of espada.

2. Ulquiorra Schiffer
Green Cero FTW!!! He doesn't talk much but he is still strong. What a guy. He managed to survive the full blow of black getsuga tenshou with two arms. =D I like him when he says, "The next word that you say is 'yes' " when he talks to Orihime. He definitely have the aura of a commander.

3. Nnoitra Jiruga

Used to really dislike him, but he's got a great release, has a past with Nel and I can really sympathise with him.

Agreed.

The rest are not ranked because I do not like them. Not even Syazel.

The worst though has to be the pumpkin guy. What a shame to let the ugliest/worst espada to fight with a super awesome noble nii sama. He doesn't worth the shot against nii sama at all.

someguy0830
March 26, 2008, 03:30 AM
1: Grimmjow - Defect already, damnit. He's just too cool to be evil for evil's sake. He needs to be evil for good's sake.

2: Pesche - Why this hollow's every special attack being repulsive makes him likeable I'll never know, but yet it does.

3: Dordonii - Or however that goes. He's like the Don Kanoji of soul-devouring evil spirits.

4: Lillinette - I could make so many jokes, but suffice it to say that she must be a fun Fraccion to have around.

5: Nel - From cute to babe and funny either way in five seconds flat. What more could you want?

Silhouette
March 26, 2008, 04:11 AM
1-Zommari Leroux: not arrogant like all other arrancars but rather had a logic and tried to make a case for the hollows, the way he releases was the baddest and it was a great moment when he yelled "Banzai Aizen sama Banzai" right before he vanished, he wasn't really yelling for Aizen's sake but rather for the sake of the hollow kind. That greatness of that moment was lost in the vast Byakuya and Rukia fandom.

2- Grimmjow: He has a great deal of respect for himself as a king and therefore refuses to fight injured enemies.

3-Nel: what's not to love about Nel or Nelliel?

4-Stark: haven't really shown much but I like his character so far, maybe I will like him more or less in the future depending what he will do

5- Cirruci: come on! a hot brunette with a short skirt and a web is every man's fantasy...well maybe not all men but many of them. Although it was sad when she had to cut off her wings or plug them permanently...I can't remember what she did exactly

Tsukisama
March 26, 2008, 07:37 AM
1-Zommari Leroux: not arrogant like all other arrancars but rather had a logic and tried to make a case for the hollows, the way he releases was the baddest and it was a great moment when he yelled "Banzai Aizen sama Banzai" right before he vanished, he wasn't really yelling for Aizen's sake but rather for the sake of the hollow kind. That greatness of that moment was lost in the vast Byakuya and Rukia fandom.

Not many people appreciate Zommari. I also liked him, definitely one of my favorites as well. His powers were pretty awesome, and against most other opponents, he probably would have been very effective. Plus, he had an interesting perspective and personality. He truely did not get the time he deserved.

Exodi
March 26, 2008, 05:11 PM
I like Zommari's release (or, rather, the way he released, with the weird stance and the physically impossible 90 degree neck bend O_o). His character was annoying, though.

1. Ulquiorra - The very definition of bad-ass.
2. Noitora - Very cool name. Nice weapon.
3. Stark - Another cool personality.
4. Nell - One of my favorite releases.

All of the other Espada aren't all that cool to me. Halibel's nice, but I won't say too much until we see a release.

mestizo311
March 26, 2008, 07:28 PM
Every time I see a Bleach popularity thread, it's mostly always about the captains, their vice captains and the humans in the series. That's why I think there should be a popularity thread just for the Hollows and Arrancar of the series.

Here's what I think about the Espada:

1. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques - Besides having the coolest name, he's just
likeable thanks to his atittude.
2. Ulquiorra Schiffer - Looks cool and acts cool.
3. Nnoitra Jiruga - Used to really dislike him, but he's got a great release, has a past with Nel and I can really sympathise with him.
4. Szayel Aporro Granz - Besides being gross and always having something up his sleave, I like him. Also has the coolest uniform.
5. Halibel - She's hot and cool headed. Hope she's Primera Espada.
6. Stark - Laid-back and calm. Also one of the top 3.
7. Zommari Leroux - Use to think he was really cool, but after his fight with Byakuya...
8. Aaroniero Arruruerie - Actually pretty cool, but pathetic at the same time... I like his voice effects though.
9. He's nothing special... yet!
10. Old Man - Looks boring and I can't believe he's in the top 3.

Umm.... Who was number 9 again?

brownbt
March 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
^ The only other espada that wasn't on the list... Yammy

Navarr0Newton
April 03, 2008, 02:08 AM
Lillinette CUZ she got away with putting her hands down a top ranked espada.
i love HOLLOW ICHIGO- how can u not love shirosaki. he is so f the world mentality.
i love the voice actor for aaronerio
love NNOITRA cuz his character design is one that stnds out amongst all bleach characters(and that says alot)also he beat ichigo and thought nothing of it.
TELSA- ok how cool looking is telsa in his arrancar form and then how psycho is he in hi ressurecion form wow was not expecting that form.
and finally Neliel Tu ODERSHVANK all because of the relationship she developed with the main characters.also when she released she wasted no time in using the lanzador verde wich was pretty kick A cuz NNOITRA almost crapped his pants when she threw it. i like almost all of the arrancar i see except for those chicks who beat up orihime,pesshe,dondo hakka, and the two guards ishida and chad fought.

Richo
April 08, 2008, 09:28 AM
1. Lillinette - she is the total opposite of nanao-chan and her behaviour is just outragous:D
2. Edrad Liones - just loved his released state
3. Ulquiorra Schiffer - his calm nature makes him worth his rank, he is a typical vasto lodre in my eyes : calm, strong and wide knowledge of everyone (like the older captain from SS)

KyleUchiha
April 08, 2008, 09:55 AM
1. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques

As CrudeCross said, he has the coolest name.:D

But anyways, I like the way he looks, his personality,and his problem with anyone having authority over him. And his blue hair is just awesome.

2. Nell

She is a very interesting character, she has some very funny moments,and the aspect of her changing forms between an adult and a child is unique. And I did like her release and love the mask.

3.Ulquiorra Schiffer

I like him because he is calm, intelligent, and,in contrast to Grimmjow, very loyal. And I love his design.(I just hope his release doesn't disappoint).

To be honest, I'm not that fond of the others. Though I am looking forward to seeing more of Stark and Halibel, as I do like their designs, but not sold on their personalities just yet.

patedecarne
April 08, 2008, 07:52 PM
Nell: Great one, she's funny, cool and powerful, I believe kubo worked very well in Nell

Ulquiorra: The "godly" aspect that Kubo is giving him is great, his speech and actions just intimidate everyone in his way

Szayelapollo: Great and perfect strategist, he was only defeated because Mayuri is another great Strategist; Szayel can counter every attack he saw, good enough to become one of the top 3!

Tsukisama
April 08, 2008, 08:18 PM
Szayelapollo: Great and perfect strategist, he was only defeated because Mayuri is another great Strategist; Szayel can counter every attack he saw, good enough to become one of the top 3!

I don't know about him being able to make into the top three espada with his ability. He is effective when he has collected sufficient data on his opponent. In an impromptu fight, I think an opponent sufficiently powerful could just quickly overpower him, killing him before he has the chance to develop a counter.

patedecarne
April 08, 2008, 08:20 PM
Hehe, my bad Tsuki, I was referring about my top 3 arrancars!
I just forgot to implement the statement, lol

Kao
April 09, 2008, 08:17 AM
1) Grimmy-kun
He's so brassy xD;<3

1: Grimmjow - Defect already, damnit. He's just too cool to be evil for evil's sake. He needs to be evil for good's sake.

+This. Bad guys always die, he's too awesome to die ;-;
2) Ulquie

2. Ulquiorra Schiffer
I like him when he says, "The next word that you say is 'yes' " when he talks to Orihime.

^When he talks to her like that he reminds me of one of those pigs who're all 'Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, woman!" ...Why do I <3 him again ;-;..
3. Holow-ichi
He's INSANE. That auto's +100 cool points imo =<
4. Szayel
He makes me lol =< Cuz he thinks he's the secks but he's only moderately noticable on the scale of awesomeness. STILL<3
5. Nel
A) I need a woman on the list [She represents<3] B) I heard the 'Bleach Beat Collections- Nel Tu'. 1st song is the best thing ever, like a 4 year old on a sugar high at a rave ^_^~

kat_at_heart
April 12, 2008, 09:28 AM
1. ulquiorra he's just the best and his hair is ace just wish that when ichigo fights him he manages to smash his helmet to bits so we can see all of it
2. neliel youve got to love her cuteness in child form and sheer power in adult
3. grimjow the blue hair is amazing
4. halibel female espada are rare and she is in the top 3
5. stark he is a ncie evil dude

-Aura-
April 29, 2008, 10:55 AM
1. Nel Tu Oderschvank

2. Ulquiorra Schiffer

3. Stark

gigantor21
May 01, 2008, 11:06 AM
1) Grand Fisher (non-hybridized) - GF, to me, represents what's missing from the current Arrancar as antagonists. He had lots of experience with Shinigami, a truly horrible ability--using the image of someone you love to create openings--and a sickening propensity to target women and little girls. He was a monster; an inhuman beast with no morals and no redeemable qualities, who took away Ichigo's mother because of his disgusting fetish.

As Arrancar, none of the Numeros will ever be as odious as him. They're still crazy, yes, but they aren't driven by insanity or instability to feed, and they're supposed to be more human in nature--which GF himself showcased in his fight with Isshin. Also, none of the remaining Arrancar have long history with the main characters; any connections they have were forged in the past month or two.

GF is, and will probably always be, my favorite villain in the series. He, Mayuri and Aizen are the only ones I wanted to see killed.

2) Grimmjow - There are several reasons why he's a favorite. His arrogant way of carrying himself; his callous disregard for the lives of others; his fighting style, which blends sword arts and hand-to-hand street fighting (something I've always wanted Ichigo to do); and his voice actor, Junichi Suwabe, who's done a great job with GJ and other cool characters (Greed from FMA, Atobe from PoT, Seymore from FFX, etc.). He might not be the strongest Espada, but he's definitely the coolest IMO.

3) Nel (kid form) - She's such a sweetie. :p

Seriously, though, I like her because she's the most unique of ALL the hollows we've seen in the series, personality wise. Most of the normal Hollows are bloodthirsty beasts; the Numeros are all shonen vilain archetypes; Adult Nell prides herself as a saint for being reasonable among evil spirits, and has a dully chauvenistic design.

But Kid Nell? Who else is like her? She'd a toddler-sized, tactless pottymouth with a lisp, who has the propensity to headbutt people and/or punch them in the crotch. As great as the cast in Bleach is, Nell is one of the rare likeable AND original ones. She's so much fun.

4) Wonderweiss - Rather than try to explain it, it'd be better if you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtU-ICG-gQ

Other honorable mentions: Edorad, The Top 4 Espada, Yammi (for being such an entertaining punching bag), Luppi (for being such a satisfying kill), and Halibel's Fracciones.

Darth Executor
June 17, 2009, 10:51 PM
So, what's your favorite espada released now that we've seen them all? I'm gonna have to go with Barragan. He just looks awesome, not to mention unique (no trace of humanity in it at all).

Ozehro
June 17, 2009, 10:56 PM
well since they are the main enemies at this point.
I expected them to look really terrifying or powerful.
and so far Ulqs segunda etapa and Barragans bad to the bone release
are my favourites. but I have to go with segunda etapa.
which reminds me is the poll refering to looks or in terms of resureccion abilities etc?

Eddy01741
June 17, 2009, 11:00 PM
I'll just go through the list and pick one at the end:
10/0 Yammi: Kinda lame, from an already giant unreleased state, to an even bigger one.
9 Aaroniero: His ability was cool (to copy the appearence and abilities of those absorbed), but his release was lame, it was just Kaien Shiba's body on top of a big blob of stuff, that's what it honestly looked like.
8 Syazel: Just wierd looking in every way, makes it even grosser when he is reborn from Nemu.
7 Zommari: First of the kinda cool releases, turns him into a pumpkin with a bunch of eyes, too bad it completely ruined his whole "having the fastest sonido" thing since he no longer had legs.
6 Grimmjow: I liked this one a lot, turned Grimmjow, who was known to be some kind of wild cat (eg. tiger, leopard, lion, etc.) into a very feline looking figure, plus, it had cool abilities (elbow bullet things, and his energy claws).
5 Noitora: Lame, just looks like him plus 2/4 more arms, I guess it goes with the whole, being only pure power thing though.
4 Ulquiorra: Awesome, looks like a normal human with bat wings in primera etapa, and then looks even more badass in the segunda etapa.
3 Halibel: Pretty good, although I have to say it reduced her sexy factor (I think she looked better unreleased but with her jacket open, but her abilities were lame since she couldn't overpower hitsu.
2 Barragan: This one is badass, turns his whole boddy into like, a skeleton with black smoky stuff around it, looks like a grim reaper with a giant axe.
1 Stark: Better than some of the lame releases (eg. Aaroniero, Yammi, Syazel, Noitora), but not liking the cowboy thing that much, it's alright though.

My top 3:
1. Barragan
2. Ulquiorra
3. Grimmjow

Onomatopoeia
June 17, 2009, 11:02 PM
Either Barragan's or Yammi's. Probably Barragan's it was extremely badass how he turned into a skeleton.

But Yammi's turned him into a beast and/or dinasaur.

@Ohzero: I'm pretty sure that it's how it looks since Darth does say now that we've "seen them all" not "seen what they can do"(since Stark hasn't actually done something in his released form).

Darth Executor
June 17, 2009, 11:02 PM
Looks (though feel free to praise their abilities too). Ability-wise it's a tie between aaroneiro and barragan for me.

And actually, concept wise barragan's abilities are eerily similar to abilities I designed for a shinigami I made up:

I figured one of his quirks was that his shikai is better than his bankai:
shikai - stops time completely in an area around him
bankai - scythe with a detachable spinning blade that ages and disintegrates anything it touches instantly

Tonguen_yomom
June 17, 2009, 11:16 PM
You guys didn't like Nnoitora's release? I thought the crescent thing was hella awesome and that his silhouette with the scythes looked friggin badass. Maybe I'm just a sucker for blades.

I, on the other hand, hated Grimmjow's release, which I thought took away that punky, devil-may-care quality of his and replaced it with a skinny little pussy (pun intended).

Darth Executor
June 17, 2009, 11:19 PM
You guys didn't like Nnoitora's release? I thought the crescent thing was hella awesome and that his silhouette with the scythes looked friggin badass. Maybe I'm just a sucker for blades.

I, on the other hand, hated Grimmjow's release, which I thought took away that punky, devil-may-care quality of his and replaced it with a skinny little pussy (pun intended).

I agree. Grimmjow's was lame. Nnoitara (the espada I hate the most) had an awesome release. The anime in particular made it look even more epic.

Exodi
June 18, 2009, 02:11 AM
I'll do what Eddy01741 did.

Yammy - Never liked him. His release did nothing for me.

Aaroniero - Liked him as Kaien. Nejibana is a cool ass weapon. But his resurrection.....EW.

Szayel - I liked the whole swallowing the sword thing, but his resurrected form is just weird to me.

Zommari - Maybe my favorite. Not his actual form, but the way he released (breaking his neck and the sword bending). That was really cool. His actual released form is....meh.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/300/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/300/07/

Grimmjow - One of the better ones, in my opinion. The anime really made him look so damn cool. Just get rid of the long hair and it's perfect.

Noitora - One of my favorite characters. Cool name and a cool design. His resurrected form, however, also did nothing for me.

Ulquiorra - Another character who I liked in their non-resurrected state. His Segunda Etapa was pretty cool. There's one panel where he really looks like a monster from hell:

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/348/13/

Harribel - Another whose sealed state was better looking than their resurrection. Her bone-mouth was really really cool. Her resurrection is....meh. I don't like her giant sword thingy at all.

Barragan - Yet another one.....his bone crown was cool. He even had a cool axe. His resurrected form is okay. Doesn't excite me that much.

Stark (who I REFUSE to call "Starrk") - I'll decide how I feel about him when this week chapter comes out. He looks cool so far.

So.....my favorite, I guess is Grimmjow's, but only because all of the others are "meh".

All of their un-resurrected forms are much better than their resurrected, imo.
Is that strange?

poobert
June 18, 2009, 07:14 AM
They all mostly look like ugly monsters (aroniero, Yami etc) or just slightly plain looking espada (grim, halibel, stark and Nnoitra).

Like everyone has said there are two that stood out because come the anime, they will be as scary as they are awesome looking (well... one of them will be).

Uliquora looked exactly like a demon in his second stage and the setting of the chapter he released, especially Ichigo's omgimgonnadie reaction really set him apart from the others. No other espada released to a reaction that they truly deserved.

Barragan looks like death. He is death. If his chapter setting was like Uliquorra's then he would be my top choice, however Kubo just screwed up what could have been a second chapter 345. Lots of potential just lost. He releases in to a form that is scarier than Uli's, with reatsu that should be the same as Uli's and no one even bats an eyelid. That just ruined the awesomeness of his release for me.

Uli wins it only because of the setting.

THM Nindo
June 18, 2009, 07:23 AM
I think we should wait before we see the Top 3 second release before voting. :tem

I wonder if Harribel will have even less clothes with the 2nd release :droll

Josear XIII
June 18, 2009, 08:47 AM
I dont think they will reach 2nd release

Darth Executor
June 18, 2009, 11:43 AM
Even if they don't have 2nd releases they might have a "true release" like GV. I'm sure kubo will pull something out of his ass.

Josear XIII
June 18, 2009, 11:49 AM
well i still want to see what stark can do before taking a choice, Since like you said, Kubo can pull something form his ass.

conn-man
June 18, 2009, 12:47 PM
it came down to grimmjow and uliquiorra for me, but i chose grimjow just because i liked him as a character more.

Trotter
June 18, 2009, 01:14 PM
Barragan. I always liked his Character Design while sealed, but released was amazing. And then he pulled out Gran Caida. Nothing was better.

Onomatopoeia
June 18, 2009, 01:19 PM
I agree. Grimmjow's was lame. Nnoitara (the espada I hate the most) had an awesome release. The anime in particular made it look even more epic.

While his release was cool Nnoitara would have looked a lot more awesome if his arms became blades rather then gaining more blades.

Josear XIII
June 18, 2009, 01:34 PM
I think it would still look lame. For being an adjuchas he didnt suffer major changes at all

TheCracker
June 18, 2009, 05:55 PM
Yammy: Be honest, his release shocked us all. He still doesn't look cool and we don't know his abillities, so I'll pass that one

Stark: Wow, Kubo's Art is just amazing. I like Starks outfit very much and his Cero Guns are just damned nice. #3 for me

Barragan: Amazing release and powers, what to say more? #2 for me

Harribel: Hot, but relative weak/not goodlooking abilities (besides her Cero <3). #4 for me

Ulquiorra: I loved the first release, but the second topped it... I must admit I had a hard time deciding if to vote for him or Barragan, but I decided for him. #1 for me

Nnoitra: Well yeah, I liked his Hierro, his release looked OK. #6 for me

Grimmjow: Seriously, fucked up, I mean his hair just looked totally shit. #7 for me

Szayzel: Nice abilites, nice Archangel-like release. #5 for me

Zommari: Haxx Abilities, but bad looking Release. #8 for me

Aaraniero: We didn't see much of his release or his abilites because he rather fought with that Zanpaktou, and he was dumb. #9 for me

kkck
June 18, 2009, 06:40 PM
Seeing the espada releases, none of them was really overall that impressive. I definitely did not like arroniero(how can you like a bloob) and zomari(pink pumpkins are boring).

Grimmjows was ok but he could have been more menacing IMO.

Nnoitora was actually reasonably baddass IMO.

I loved harribels because my prediction of her being a shark came true. truly a revelation among the espada.

Barragans was very cool, top 3 IMO.

Grants was outright weird, I did not like it. It did suit him though.

Starks was ok but kinda queer IMO. I liked the hellsing feeling it had though.

Yammi's was cool, I was not disappointed at all. I was actually surprised.

Ulquiorra's first release was kinda boring but the second one was a pleasant surprise.

Revolation
June 18, 2009, 09:52 PM
i think grimjow's could have been better.

i seriously thought barragon was going to kind of look like cooler's final form because of the crown thing they both have on their head :D

kkck
June 18, 2009, 09:54 PM
i think grimjow's could have been better.

i seriously thought barragon was going to kind of look like cooler's final form because of the crown thing they both have on their head :D

On retrospective, that release did put one of the best fights so far though. I do agree in that it could have had more, maybe more muscular or simply more badass.

Revolation
June 18, 2009, 09:59 PM
On retrospective, that release did put one of the best fights so far though. I do agree in that it could have had more, maybe more muscular or simply more badass.

yeah it was the best. i still want a good quincy fight.

i want ichimaru to fight ryuuken. just because it seems like a good matchup.:amuse

they seem like a good matchup. hitsu seems played out now, until he pulls out another move.

oh yeah and ichigo needs to get a new zanpaktou move

Ozehro
June 18, 2009, 10:10 PM

haha lol I thought he would get long claws like wolverine!
wolverine claws+grimmjow speed+grimmjow craziness=one pwnd ichigo! :XD

alas it was not to be!

exacta
June 18, 2009, 10:29 PM
Grimmjow- At first I didn' t like it, but after I looked hard at the art when he was doing Desgarron, and then when we actually got to that point in the anime,I thought it looked badass. ( 5th)

Nnoitra - not much of a change, but still looked awesome, especially in the anime. Couldn't picture a good release where Nnoitra looked alot different anyway. And those scythes look sick. (7th)

Ulquiorra - Not sure on first release. The Segunda Etappa is awesome. (2nd)

Zommari- He was really cool up until he released. I really liked him before that. Even the process for his release was cool. It was the best one. But the release itself was ugly and senseless. Why doesnt the fastest Espada have LEGS in his released form? (10th)

Aaroniero- its a big blob mass thingy. Aaroniero himself was cool. Nejibana was awesome. I don't mind Aaroniero's release, but most of the others were better. (9th)

Grantz- I think he's my favorite Espada, and I love his release. I loved how he had those two fraccion fight with him and act as a throne. He had so many cool abilities too. (4th)

Barragan - The fact his zanpakuto is a viking axe with an eye in the middle is pure win. Usually I find robed skeletons cliche, but Kubo made this look really badass. (6th)

Harribel- One of my favorite releases. It looks very.....cool. That mask was very badass though. But, at that price, Harribel becomes 5x......cooler. She really does look badass though. I just miss the mask.(1st)

Stark - Stark looks like a pimp. And those guns actually work, IMO. I thought they wouldn't but they do. (3rd)

Yammi - Oh yeah. Knew I was forgetting one. He looks cool with that mask, and I thought one of the Espada should be freaking huge. (8th)

I really like most of them.

Josear XIII
June 19, 2009, 09:01 AM
Just to make it clear, we are basing this poll on the looks of the resurreccion or in all the powers, looks, and etc?

Eddy01741
June 19, 2009, 11:48 AM
Seems like looks+coolness of abilities, but not the power itself (eg. Halibel is more powerful than Ulqui, however, I like Ulqui's release more and his abilities more.)

Josear XIII
June 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
nonono. i meant Just Look+abilities sorry, in my country we use a lot the word "power/powers" to point abilities and so.

And if its just that i think the poll should just be based on Looks since its to early to pick one, without seeing the whole potential

Onomatopoeia
June 19, 2009, 12:32 PM
Just to make it clear, we are basing this poll on the looks of the resurreccion or in all the powers, looks, and etc?

Pretty sure it's looks, at least thats what everyone else has been basing their reasons on.

I think Barragan's release was extremely cool it was actually pretty original and creative. None of else even suspected that his release would look like a skeleton of all things.

Josear XIII
June 19, 2009, 12:53 PM
just wanted to be sure before i place my votes, woop looks like the therad was merged with another one, Guess the choices in the poll should have had the names of the resurrections instead of the hollow name

KisamoriAEspada
June 30, 2009, 05:53 PM
MY favourite Arrancar/Espada would be...
(in order)
1.a tie between Barragan/Wonderweiss/and Ulquiorra
Barragan- is sooo cool, i love his Gran Caida, and Respira ^-^ Go old guy, go!
Ulquiorra- has ALWAYS been a fav of mine ^_^ He's release'sss where UBER cool, i just wished he has more then 1 ability (Lanza del Relampago)
Wonderweiss-... well... 'cause he's kawaii! >w< .-.
2.Nniotra/Halibel/Szayel :P
Nnoitra-i only like his Zanpakuto, its soo cool! :D
Halibel-I like her attitude... and her mask *-*
Szayel-Mad Scientist's ftw!! His release was SOOO awesome, plus i think he has the coolest release outfit :P
>.>
I guess thats too many ties =p
Sorry if the message is messed up! :worrybunny im new, which means i can get away with anything!! :smugbunny
jk :P

sindergi
June 30, 2009, 05:57 PM
1. Starrk - i just love how he acts and what he said during he fight Utika/shunsui
2. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques - i just like his characterdesign (but not his release)
3. Ulquiorra Schiffer - he is just cool - aside from his lastname...what is he ? a supermodel

Aikidoka
September 06, 2009, 01:18 AM
It's simple. Which is your favorite Espada Resurreccion?

Based either on aesthetics, since three of the Espada's abilities haven't been fully revealed yet, or powers shown. Maybe you like Starrk's guns? Ulqie's Cero Oscuras? Grimmjaw's long blue hair? Szayel's Gabriel? Halibel's assets? Maybe Barragan's fur cloak makes his release cooler than all the other Espada's. Or you like the way Nnoitra can grow scythes from his wrists.

Which Espada's Resurreccion do you like best? =)

kkck
September 06, 2009, 01:49 AM
Ok, this is how I feel about the resurreccion:

Lame:
- Starrk. His abilities so far are awesome but completely dislike his release. He is little less than a gay cowboy. IMHO he should look at least more fereal.

- Zomari: An actual oddball. Not to mention he is pink, probably the worst of all lol.

- Grants: Meh, he looks gross. Nothing interesting about his looks. Cool abilities though.

Indiferent:
- Grimmjow: The release has cool abilities and to some extent fits grimmjow but it also kinda lacks. It is ok but a little plain looking. He is still my favorite espada though.

- Arroniero: Nothing special, just a blob. You can't usually go wrong there, every story needs a blob, but as usual they are nothing special.

- Yammi: Big as creature. Just don't really feel that one. I could changemy mind later though.

Cool:

- Barragan: One of the better ones IMO. Was completely original in comparison to other releases lol.

-Harribel: How not to like number 3 lol......
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/kkck/Untitled-3.jpg

-Ulquiorra: Kinda on the lacking side but it also has an unusual feel of elegance IMO. Something very flashy would not have fit ulquiorra either. His segunda etapa was awesome though, a real demon.

- Nnoitora: Lots of blades, a real ferral appearance, whats not to like. Only complain is the lack of abilities.

My favorite resurreccion would be between nnoitora and barragan. I also like harribel but not because of the "cool" with it but for other reasons....

Richo
September 06, 2009, 02:04 AM
the best release in terms of looks is that of stark imo. the part where i am a fan of hellsing might play a role into this though.

benelori
September 06, 2009, 08:44 AM
it's too bad U cannot vote more than one, i like santa teresa the most, than fornicaras, than segunda etapa/arrogante. I like really fearsome or gross abilities/looks. Zommari was gross, too, but it was idiotic and childish. I like the other ones as well, but that was my top 3 and my last place

poobert
September 06, 2009, 10:59 AM
Uli's first one. I liked the plain-ness of it. It was just like a demon Shinigami with wings.

The rest were kind of ugly. kkck hit it on the head with Stark. He's too camp for me. Barragan was ok... but it should have been the other way around. His original form with the axe was much better. Halibel was kind of boring. The rest were dull except for santa teresa, which was very fitting.

Arrogance
September 06, 2009, 08:56 PM
For me I'm torn between 2-3. The ones I like the most are Barragans, Ulqs, and Starks. Stark looks cool but I haven't seen him do too much yet to have a solid opinion. Barragan had some sweet skill but his arrogance held him back from utlizing it to its fullest power, so for Barragan I really loved its appearance and how he looked. Ulqs was the best performing Espada so far so I think I would have to give him the title for now. He looked sick and actually lived up to his hype in his battle. Had a lot of power and a lot of skill so for now thats my leading pick. Maybe Stark will surpass him on my list with his performance over the next few chapters.

Saint Markus
September 06, 2009, 09:46 PM
Grimmjow has a pretty cool release. suited him pretty well.
Nell's release was awesome and the minotaur thing was creative. likes alot.
Starrk and Lilynette's release is pretty tight, reminds me of something from "zombie powder".
Tesla had a pretty unexpected release, similar look to Nell's.
Barragan had one of the coolest. the grim reaper look was bad@$$.
Harribel's was hot. major hott.
both of Ulquiorra's releases were alright. way overhyped on kubo's part.
yammy's release fitted him well too, becomes a giant, pissed off arrancar. rarrgh!!!
just me, but i thought the volcano dude under grimmjow had a nice release. the guy that got killed by ikkaku back in karakura town.

the dumb releases were the privaron espadas. no wonder they are "former" espada. nnoitra's was stupid, bunch of extra arms and a horn through his head?. really??

szayelaporro, arroniero, zommari, poe, avirama, coolhorn, ggio, mammoth guy & "exacta" dude all had crap releases.

mila rose, sun sun and apacchi's releases were crap too along with their chimera (fullmetal ripoff) creature they call "allon". thank you, yama for burning that guy to cinders.

menoli or whatever, her release wad dumb and so was ludbone's little "tree branch" thing.

i hope to heavens that if wonderweiss does come back he has one of the best releases in bleach. please give us that much, kubo.

After_Image
September 07, 2009, 01:55 AM
Neliel is my favorites Arrancar cause she becomes a Minotaur looking creature!!! That is just full of wins for me. I think she is going to play a bigger role than she has when we get back to HM.

Arctigor
September 07, 2009, 07:03 AM
Stark and Ulquiorra. There so relaxed and so cool.

Aikidoka
September 08, 2009, 10:58 PM
mila rose, sun sun and apacchi's releases were crap too along with their chimera (fullmetal ripoff) creature they call "allon". thank you, yama for burning that guy to cinders.
Ripoff? Using your logic I could say FMA's chimera were a ripoff of Greek mythology...chimeras have been around since early human literature. Almost everything in literature could be considered a ripoff now, almost all ideas have been used and reused and done to death anyway.

Personally there are no Arrancar releases I hate, they all look cool to me.

Mifune_Taichou
September 09, 2009, 06:35 AM
For me this is a tough choice. If we're going on first release for Ulquiorra then I will have to pick Starrk. Personally i would always prefer to have Starrk's releases because it seems most comfortable to use to me and its pretty badass especially with those wolves but if Ishida is right and Ulquiorra's reiatsu really does become "something so strong its not even reiatsu anymore" (in secunda etapa) then id have to go pick Ulquiorra.

deanmilanov
September 14, 2009, 04:41 PM
And the award for best looking arrancar release goes to... Barragan. Kubo really exerted much effort into drawing him and it paid off. Second place is Ulq. I don't really like stark, seems too fashion for my taste. As for abilities, Barragan's pretty convinient, and it was a shame he went down like that.
I don't know if it really counts, but Ichigonator was quite well drawn and also had the fittest "release" for battle

Niirouge
October 10, 2010, 08:16 AM
I don't remember much about the arrancars except for Nell, Grimmjow and Ulquiorra... -_-

I've seen them briefly and may have skimmed through their fights *cough* but they didn't have a big enough impact for me so I voted based on the only three I knew...

And it went to Nell :)

She's adorable as a child hollow and then turns into a beautiful and 'exotic' (best term I can think of for now) character when in her true form :D

The other two I know focus way too much on their "coolness level"...
To be fair though, that's just Kubo's doing...

Eprst
October 12, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yammi - he is like a little lizzard when he is transformed. They cut him and cut him but for him all this is like scratches. Plus he is still alive so that leaves a space for his development :)

Arrogance
October 13, 2010, 09:08 AM
Reminder to all to please post reasons for why you like a certain hollow or arrancar. Anything that doesn't give reasons ends up just becoming a list and that is considered spam. So please just describe why you like the character. Thank You.

Anywho, for me lately, now that all is said and done with the espada fights. I'd have to say Ulqiorra was my favorite espada in that the fight he had with Ichigonator was just ridiculously amazing. But if I had to pick outside of the cookie cutter response then my next favorite would then have to be Nnoitra. His fight with Kenpachi was perfect in the sense that their personalities butt heads with each other and his resurrection was something I enjoyed (especially after seeing it in the anime).

Crystal Black
October 13, 2010, 04:37 PM
As far as releases go's I liked Stark's only because I like wolves. Grimmjow was overall the coolest Espada IMO. Every time we've seen him he was fighting or just about to fight anyone, then there was his attitude and demeanor. Against Ulquiorra he knew he wasn't stronger then he was but nothing stopped him from outsmarting Ulquiorra for that slight moment. Then we have when Tosen sliced his arm off, it will have probably resulted in a lost but again that was what seperated him and the other espada. His fight with Shinji, grabbing Rukia's head, there's just too muh to explain his :cool:. There were some pretty good fraccion too, Findor, Ggio vega and Tesla were the coolest IMo.

Ietaz
March 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
i have only 1 favorite Arrancar/Espada and that would have to be Ulquiorra's. to me it jst looks epic.

XXGenesis
March 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
Stark numero uno is definitely my fav arrancar. Kubo cheated him making him lose to Shunsui...He turned his wicked cool cero guns into pea shooters. And came up with explosive wolves that still don't do the trick. His character and personality just had so much potential and we all know Kubo has NO IDEA what do with that.

Ulq however much like grimjow was a built up opposition against Kurosaki and had tons of screen time. I liked his character for a villain but at first was too emotionless for me, until his release. Ulq is the most badass of the Espada having 2 release's something special to his character pretty much the rare Vasto Lorde we were suppose to be seeing from the espada. Ulq was well developed but got raped by Kubo's writing at the end of his demise...He turns him into a random EMO..

Besides Grimjow who served his purpose in Bleach very well and was a decently developed character...The rest of the Espada suck.