PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Koen
March 22, 2008, 05:07 AM
Double Arts by Komi Naoshi
This is a new series that began in WJ 2008 #17. The author is Komi Naoshi (古味直志). He has previously published several award-winning one-shots in Jump.

http://img233.imagevenue.com/loc237/th_24369_WSJ17-cover_122_237lo.jpg (http://img233.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24369_WSJ17-cover_122_237lo.jpg)

positively suprised

discuss it

Summary
A boy and a girl are forced to join hands for all eternity!? In a land ravaged by an epidemic known as "Troy", the only people with healing arts capable of stopping the seizures caused by the disease are the Sisters. Although they have a high resistance to the disease, they are searching for a person who is truly immune, if they exist, so that they can find a cure. The main character is Sister Elraine, one of the Sisters who becomes infected with Troy. But, when she touches Kiri, a seemingly ordinary boy, her seizures stop. Could he be the one!?

Check out the Chapter 1 RTS here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27908)

- Summary and info added.

Alan Smithee
March 22, 2008, 05:21 AM
Huh!? Wait where is this from... what is it about??

Koen
March 22, 2008, 05:26 AM
Huh!? Wait where is this from... what is it about??

a new wsj serie that's not been posted

about what? based on the raw: some girl has healing abilities but she seem to take over some illness. She feels bad but when a boy touches her then she feels better. But they have to touch each other permanently. Suddenly they encounter a villain and have to fight him without leaving each other

it looks pretty good

shrimpy
March 22, 2008, 08:22 AM
just wondering, why is there no rts for this? it is new, right?

Koen
March 22, 2008, 09:17 AM
The lapse has been corrected. Thanks for the reminder!

The series looks really interesting, and the art is very cute. I haven't read it properly though. Not long ago, xi0 and I were just discussing this author's one-shots and how great they were. Amazing that he now has a serialised work! Here's a news article (http://www.kochinews.co.jp/manga/070203news.htm) about Komi-sensei. It basically says that even the Jump editors were surprised at his talent. The only other newcomer to have performed so well in the competition is Matsui Yuusei-sensei (Nougami Neuro). So, I really hope this series gets the interest it deserves and do well!

In case anyone's interested, Komi-sensei's previous one-shots are:

island, published in Akamaru JUMP 2007 winter (award-winning debut story)
Koi no Kamisama, published in WJ 2007 #20
Williams, published in WJ 2007 #49

You can probably find the WJ one-shots in the old 2007 Jump Scan dump (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394).

Williams and Island were a nice suprise and the mangakas name reminded me of someone/something

Good to know more, thanks a lot kirimi

I hope this manga gets its interest because imo this is the manga that's been the best one newcomer for awhile (maybe in a span of 2-3 years)

~Lilium~
March 22, 2008, 09:40 AM
mmm.. this seems nice! looking forward to it! :D

barbapapa
March 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
I hope this manga gets its interest because imo this is the manga that's been the best one newcomer for awhile (maybe in a span of 2-3 years)

You're really starting to get a patent on this line.

Koen
March 22, 2008, 11:12 AM
You're really starting to get a patent on this line.

Yeah true, but this one gave the most positve among all

though I know it could fail in some seconds, other dissapoint me in the beginning and suprised me later on: mx0, reborn eg, others suprised me in the beginning and dissapointed me later on: sket dance, Hitomi,...

but this is a very awesome (among good and awesome) start - lemme say it that way

nice banner btw

barbapapa
March 22, 2008, 11:55 AM
Well the art definitely doesn't look bad, and the chemistry between the boy and girl could be interesting. But I'm not gonna get excited about it just yet.

And yes, my banner is quite awesome.
Rookies, now there's one heck of a Jump manga that's tons better than 90% of current serializations.

bunshindattebayo
March 22, 2008, 10:21 PM
I like this manga,it's interesting & the artwork is quite good.Out of the 3 new series on WSJ,Double Arts & Nurarihyon no Mago are the ones that really pique my interests(Bari Haken not look that interesting,but maybe I'll just give it a try).

Kyuzo
March 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
The plot to this one is definitely original, hard to tell if this kind of thing will fare well on the TOC though.

Koen
March 25, 2008, 02:00 PM
The plot to this one is definitely original, hard to tell if this kind of thing will fare well on the TOC though.

Indeed you can't know, you could say it all depends on the japanese

anyway a scan came out:
I really wonder where the plot will go to? Is troi just a small part? Are the gazelle assasins behind it? -> interesting plot when I read the scan

Succubus
March 25, 2008, 03:45 PM
I like this manga too, art is hawt!! can't wait for next chapter.. ^^

pirate-hitman:L
March 25, 2008, 03:53 PM
Pretty good!

barbapapa
March 25, 2008, 07:11 PM
I have to admit, this first chapter really charmed me.

xi0
March 26, 2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I was impressed by it too...it'll be interesting to see just how the story will pan out from here.

zelllogan
March 26, 2008, 03:35 PM
seems great. I just hope that there's not going to be a story only two main characters.

Koen
March 26, 2008, 04:42 PM
seems great. I just hope that there's not going to be a story only two main characters.

Can't say for sure but I don't think so. There's other sisters - better and stronger (as in healing abilities, if you could call it that way) ones than elraine - and the gazelle assasins which will play a main role for some reason

Crude
March 26, 2008, 06:46 PM
That was a really impressive chapter. Both the story and art are great!

xi0
March 26, 2008, 07:18 PM
Can't say for sure but I don't think so. There's other sisters - better and stronger (as in healing abilities, if you could call it that way) ones than elraine - and the gazelle assasins which will play a main role for some reason

The Sisters aren't healers Koen...they take the virus into their own bodies because they have some sort of built in resistance to Troi from birth. They're sacrificial lambs really. Because of their resistance they are able to live exponentially longer than people who don't have the resistance, thus them being deemed "healers"...but they really aren't.

This is what I inferred from the first chapter however, I might end up being wrong.

Spineless Coward
March 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
You know what would have been a twist ? If instead of Kiri the author had put a 40-years old bald pervert old man. That would make this series awesome.

...Just kidding, I like it a lot, especially the art. Hope it gets serialized more than 20 chapters.

predsfan
March 27, 2008, 12:49 AM
This seems like it could be quite good, and the plot seems very original. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Koen
March 27, 2008, 03:27 AM
The Sisters aren't healers Koen...they take the virus into their own bodies because they have some sort of built in resistance to Troi from birth. They're sacrificial lambs really. Because of their resistance they are able to live exponentially longer than people who don't have the resistance, thus them being deemed "healers"...but they really aren't.

This is what I inferred from the first chapter however, I might end up being wrong.

That's why I said -> if you can call it that way

I know, I read the chapter well - they indeed take the virus into their body. Sacrifing themself and their lifespan all depending on their resistence

Zoe
March 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
The Luchile household is great :lol:

bunshindattebayo
March 29, 2008, 11:41 AM
Why is everytime I saw Kiri,the videogame Kingdom Hearts crossed my mind.Even though there's no similiarity between Kiri and Sora,but still the images of KH always come to my mind when I saw Kiri.

About the latest chapter,it's funny to see how short Kiri's mother is,and Elraine mistakes her as Kiri's younger sister.And Kiri's father is waaaaaaaaaay too tall.

xi0
March 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
Wow, another good chapter. I found the dynamic between the lumbering father and the dainty mother to be hilarious. Elraine might turn out to be an interesting main character, and I'm all for that. WSJ doesn't have many interesting female characters IMO.

My only concern is that I'm not sure how far this series can go. Once Kiri and Elraine get to the Cathedral then what? Maybe Komi intends for this to be a rather short series?

Koen
March 29, 2008, 08:49 PM
Kiris family is really funny. A giant of a dad and a dwarf of a mother who could be his younger sister. I really liked chapter 2 more because things aren't rushed as many other shounen jump series. There's a plot and there's some pages for breathing. Though next chapter promises something bad and/or good
[hr]

Why is everytime I saw Kiri,the videogame Kingdom Hearts crossed my mind.Even though there's no similiarity between Kiri and Sora,but still the images of KH always come to my mind when I saw Kiri.

I think it's got to do with the art. I am not a KH fan and never will be but I read it elsewhere from other people

go0dazrice
March 29, 2008, 11:43 PM

Haha! I feel the same way! Although i think kiri reminds me of KH becuz (in my opinion) he sort of looks like Roxas...or his hair style rather...or something...=_=. Plus like mentioned before the artwork is sort of similar...

Mmm it's a bit early to theorize but at the end of Chap 2 El was narrating it to Kiri in past tense...and that makes me wonder if something will happen to Kiri in the future.....? Obviously he's not a normal boy and i also wonder if those are his real parents...mm well i guess we'll find out in due time! ^^

barbapapa
March 29, 2008, 11:58 PM
Chapter 2 was very good. I already feel myself getting hooked if the quality keeps up.

Zoe
March 30, 2008, 01:41 AM
Mmm it's a bit early to theorize but at the end of Chap 2 El was narrating it to Kiri in past tense...and that makes me wonder if something will happen to Kiri in the future.....? Obviously he's not a normal boy and i also wonder if those are his real parents...mm well i guess we'll find out in due time! ^^

I wouldn't look into that too deeply unless it becomes like a weekly thing. Kubo used that kind of narration a couple times in Bleach, but it was dropped quickly and we have yet to see anything come out of it.

zelllogan
March 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't look into that too deeply unless it becomes like a weekly thing. Kubo used that kind of narration a couple times in Bleach, but it was dropped quickly and we have yet to see anything come out of it.

bleach is not really a good example for story telling (in fact, it's hard to find worst).

barbapapa
March 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
Komi actually seems like a good storyteller, from these first chapters. Unlike Kubo.

Koen
March 30, 2008, 12:08 PM
bleach is not really a good example for story telling (in fact, it's hard to find worst).

Komi actually seems like a good storyteller, from these first chapters. Unlike Kubo.

Okay you guys, don't shoot the messenger:
but you guys are right if you're talking about everything that happened after the SS arc. I also don't say before and during SS arc Kubo was great storyteller but it wasn't if there wasn't any storytelling in it

zelllogan
March 30, 2008, 12:20 PM
True, but Bleach is so overrated that I like to say bad things about it everytime i have the chance ... even if I do like bleach.

Anyway, I get back to double arts.
Don't you think that the art looks a lot like Full metal achemist ? Is the author also a woman ?

Koen
March 30, 2008, 12:23 PM
Anyway, I get back to double arts.
Don't you think that the art looks a lot like Full metal achemist ? Is the author also a woman ?

I think the mangaka is a He (though I could be wrong and he could be a she)

anyway I am not the type of guy to say if some arts are similar unless it's really obvious eg fairy tail and one piece

Maybe if someone knew more about his background? Has he been an assistent of someone very known? Any influence?

Zoe
March 30, 2008, 05:25 PM
ANYWAY.

The point is, that's a common shonen device that usually doesn't resolve to much.

haya5h1
March 30, 2008, 10:23 PM
I think this is my favorite of all the newcomers this year so far... although my first reaction was, what's a shoujo series doing in Jump?:XD

xi0
March 31, 2008, 12:45 AM
Komi Naoshi is a man. In fact he's only three days younger than me!

I updated some of his stuff at mangaupdates

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=5100

And here is his Japanese wikipedia page:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8F%A4%E5%91%B3%E7%9B%B4%E5%BF%97

Koen
March 31, 2008, 05:45 AM
Komi Naoshi is a man. In fact he's only three days younger than me!

I updated some of his stuff at mangaupdates

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=5100

And here is his Japanese wikipedia page:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8F%A4%E5%91%B3%E7%9B%B4%E5%BF%97

so young, so he must have a lot of talent

thanks a lot

barbapapa
March 31, 2008, 05:47 AM
That's about the same age Yabuki Kentaro started as a mangaka (Black Cat, Yamato Gensoki, To-Love-Ru). Though his talents don't exactly lie in the creative area, to put it mildly.

Koen
March 31, 2008, 05:56 AM
That's about the same age Yabuki Kentaro started as a mangaka (Black Cat, Yamato Gensoki, To-Love-Ru). Though his talents don't rely lie in the creative area, to put it mildly.

Do you mean more: possibility to have talent storywise

kirimi
March 31, 2008, 06:27 AM
Maybe if someone knew more about his background? Has he been an assistent of someone very known? Any influence?

Yeah, definitely a he. I posted a link in an earlier post to a news article that had a picture of him. (Click here (http://www.kochinews.co.jp/manga/070203news.htm) if you're lazy to look back.)

He's also not from a mangaka assistant background. According to the news article, he was scouted by a number of magazine editors when he was still in art school (back in 2006). In particular, a Jump editor invited him to submit his work.

Komi-sensei's debut work, island, was entered into Jump's monthly newcomer's contest and was awarded the runner-up prize in the 39th Twelve Newcomers Manga Award (十二傑新人漫画賞) in June 2006. The judges had high praises for his talent.

In this competition, the entries are judged for their merit in a number of criteria, and the judging panel consists of a Jump editor and a currently publishing Jump mangaka. The mangaka who judged Komi-sensei's manga was Amano Akira-sensei (mangaka of Reborn). By the way, the first prize is 1 million yen, and the runner-up prize is 600,000yen. Nobody has ever won the first prize. And, in the 15 years since the competition started, only two people have ever won the runner-up prize. The other one is Matsui Yuusei-sensei (mangaka of Nougami Neuro).

Even now, Jump editors have high hopes for Komi-sensei. There you go. A little background. :)

Koen
March 31, 2008, 07:09 AM
By the way, the first prize is 1 million yen, and the runner-up prize is 600,000yen. Nobody has ever won the first prize. And, in the 15 years since the competition started, only two people have ever won the runner-up prize. The other one is Matsui Yuusei-sensei (mangaka of Nougami Neuro).

So this is a contest with a first prize and a runner up prize (like the second place). And nobody has ever won the first prize? :o strange people those japenese, so the runner up/2nde place can be considered as a winner :D

kirimi
March 31, 2008, 08:00 AM
It's a contest of merit. Not a lucky draw. >_> Anyway, there are other prizes too. Iirc, there's a merit prize which is 100,000yen, and a qualifying prize which is 50,000yen. The only condition the contest have is, prizes MUST be awarded each month. So, it really depends on the quality of the work. And, they're all winners. :)

zelllogan
March 31, 2008, 11:08 AM
The author of Fairy tail and Rave master was even younger for his first success (21). Oda was 22 at the beginning of one piece.

Koen
March 31, 2008, 11:19 AM
The author of Fairy tail and Rave master was even younger for his first success (21). Oda was 22 at the beginning of one piece.

For fairy tail I'll leave it in the middle, but Rave a success? It depends on what you call a success? But it certainly can't reach odas one piece and toriyamas dragonball/z success -> heck I got bored with Rave

but let's keep it on topic:
a question - do you guys think the story will stick to troy and its cure or do you think it might go to something else and faster than we think

Succubus
March 31, 2008, 11:33 AM
yes, Rave is success in japan.. perhaps you stopped reading rave

---

what a kawaii couple~~ it's gonna my favorite manga & couple >_<

so Kiri is not perv! that is cool... cuz I am getting sick of most pervs in manga >_>

Dad is very taller o_o it reminds me alot of Robert Pershing Wadlow ( 8 feet 11.1 inches [2.72 m] )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pershing_Wadlow

<_<;

barbapapa
March 31, 2008, 01:03 PM
For fairy tail I'll leave it in the middle, but Rave a success? It depends on what you call a success? But it certainly can't reach odas one piece and toriyamas dragonball/z success -> heck I got bored with Rave

but let's keep it on topic:
a question - do you guys think the story will stick to troy and its cure or do you think it might go to something else and faster than we think

A manga doesn't run for 35 volumes, and not be a success ;)
Not to say that it is a juggernaut like One Piece or Dragonball. But in Japan, it sold pretty well.

@ kirimi: that's some interesting info, thanks! I know I'm rooting for Komi as well now.

JioFreed666
April 01, 2008, 04:21 AM
OMFG is anybody actually reading the second chapter and noticing that dude's mom is a loli and dude's dad is a freaking gaint like Shaq tall....and I'm wondering how they even got to that point in their relationship even have sex let alone have a normal sized kid

Koen
April 01, 2008, 04:58 AM
OMFG is anybody actually reading the second chapter and noticing that dude's mom is a loli and dude's dad is a freaking gaint like Shaq tall

Be sure everyone who read the chapter will have seen the size difference unless some blind people read manga (ah I shouldn't laugh with the blind one

....and I'm wondering how they even got to that point in their relationship even have sex let alone have a normal sized kid

Well it is said: size doesn't matter :D

haya5h1
April 01, 2008, 07:26 AM
Given what we know now about Komi-sensei, Kiri's something of a Mary Sue, isn't he?:jk An artistically talented, good-looking, kind, decent young man who's the only person in the world immune to the killer disease, and "forced" to hold hands forever with a cute and nice girl OR ELSE SHE DIES HORRIBLY.:XD

Still, I'm definitely rooting for this one to succeed. It's got beautiful art, great characters, original concept (for JUMP), and it's not as cookiecutter as the other new series have been. As for where it could go, well...the upcoming road trip seems straightforward enough, with the Gazellen assassins after them. Another unlikely possibility is harem comedy - like, if Kiri turns out to be able to save every Troy-infected Sister, but they all have to be touching him to be safe. hijinks ensue.:sarc

JioFreed666
April 01, 2008, 01:52 PM
it's spelled Troi in the translation I read and sounds better then some city in the roman empire alittle more original and looks more like a disease

Koen
April 01, 2008, 04:18 PM
it's spelled Troi in the translation I read and sounds better then some city in the roman empire alittle more original and looks more like a disease

don't you confuse the roman with the greek empire?

haya5h1
April 01, 2008, 06:51 PM
I suppose some cultures would consider Lwaxana Troi a terminal infection [/trekkie]:XD but until Komi-sensei provides the official romaji, it's anyone's guess. I bet he will soon since he cleared up Luchile fairly quickly.

JioFreed666
April 03, 2008, 02:33 PM
don't you confuse the roman with the greek empire?

where's rome located? greece........and it was during both roman and greek empires when "a" troy was under control because there have been NINE cities of troy
Troy IX is the roman empire troy the famous one that was found by the roman emperor Augustus Caesar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy
[hr]

I suppose some cultures would consider Lwaxana Troi a terminal infection [/trekkie]:XD but until Komi-sensei provides the official romaji, it's anyone's guess. I bet he will soon since he cleared up Luchile fairly quickly.

Troi is not such a default name kind of like the whole Naruto thing about Pain/Pein.(I like Pein because even thought it's probably pain it sounds better with Pein) But it would make sense if it was Troy, because as I said there have been NINE city of troys most have disappered without a trace until people dug them up

Muddy
April 03, 2008, 03:39 PM
where's rome located? greece........

First I heard. All the maps and globes I've seen and people I've met say it's in Italy.

Anyway, I read chapters 1 and 2 today and am very, very impressed. What an ambitious way to kick off a series. It's excellent all around - story, plot, character interactions - and has loads of potential. The pacing is exceptional, too - this mangaka really has a feel for chapter structure.

Does anyone else think this was inspired at least partly by Eureka Seven? Elle reminds me of Eureka, and though it's obviously employed differently there's the whole hand-holding thing (which made me think of Eureka the first time I saw a promo ad for this series): Like here (http://image57.webshots.com/657/7/45/31/2000745310086047838jjFdsG_ph.jpg)

JioFreed666
April 03, 2008, 03:44 PM
First I heard. All the maps and globes I've seen and people I've met say it's in Italy.

Anyway, I read chapters 1 and 2 today and am very, very impressed. What an ambitious way to kick off a series. It's excellent all around - story, plot, character interactions - and has loads of potential. The pacing is exceptional, too - this mangaka really has a feel for chapter structure.

Does anyone else think this was inspired at least partly by Eureka Seven? Elle reminds me of Eureka, and though it's obviously employed differently there's the whole hand-holding thing (which made me think of Eureka the first time I saw a promo ad for this series): Like here (http://image57.webshots.com/657/7/45/31/2000745310086047838jjFdsG_ph.jpg)

Greece was much larger in it's glory time before Italy was a country Greece use to be almost half of Italy and was even before even Italy was made and how Eureka 7 anyway like this beside the girl and boy relationship I doubt this girl is part of some special race she was just genetically lucky but still human

if you click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece#Colonies) all the red on that map are Greek colonies

Koen
April 03, 2008, 05:32 PM
Greece was much larger in it's glory time before Italy was a country Greece use to be almost half of Italy and was even before even Italy was made and how Eureka 7 anyway like this beside the girl and boy relationship I doubt this girl is part of some special race she was just genetically lucky but still human

if you click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece#Colonies) all the red on that map are Greek colonies

Just one time off topic and won't go any further: but don't put the greek and roman empire on the same line. First was the greek, then came roman empire. Athens was the center of greek and rome was center of the roman empire (and rome is part of italy as for the roman empire). Rome (though I doubt that since the green and red on the other map of italy doesn't consist of its centered lied rome + Rome wasn't the rome of the roman empire) and troy have been maybe part of the roman and greek empire but rome its famous history lies within roman empire and troys famous history (and I don't care about only the last of IX troys) in greek empire

back on topic: double arts is a great manga but I still wonder which way the plot will progress. Can't wait for this weeks chapter

JioFreed666
April 03, 2008, 08:36 PM
Just one time off topic and won't go any further: but don't put the greek and roman empire on the same line. First was the greek, then came roman empire. Athens was the center of greek and rome was center of the roman empire (and rome is part of italy as for the roman empire). Rome (though I doubt that since the green and red on the other map of italy doesn't consist of its centered lied rome + Rome wasn't the rome of the roman empire) and troy have been maybe part of the roman and greek empire but rome its famous history lies within roman empire and troys famous history (and I don't care about only the last of IX troys) in greek empire

back on topic: double arts is a great manga but I still wonder which way the plot will progress. Can't wait for this weeks chapter

dude you got that order reversed it was Greek then roman but yeah back on topic

me neither on the chapter and I will never be able to to figure how his parents got and got that far as to have a child

haya5h1
April 03, 2008, 09:39 PM
Why is everybody so taken aback by the size difference of Kiri's parents? :XD If love works, it works.:3

who knows, that might have been how Kiri ended up with his immunity to トロイ (not gonna start up that whole argument again:P)

Zoe
April 03, 2008, 09:56 PM
Potential spoilers...

エルー起きてふと窓の外みると黒髪の女の子と目が合う。
女はニィと笑い歩いていく。横で寝てたキリも起きてエルーを見るとすごい寝癖。
着替えながらキリにさっきの子について話すと、それは幼馴染のスイだと答える。

とそこで協会から電話。ちゃんと報告してなかったことを怒られる。
そしてしばらくその街にとどまり、チーム“ファルゼン”の到着を待つように言われる。

シスターには2種類あり、トロイの治療をするものを“メイルシスター”
そして戦い専門の“ミリティアシスター”がいる
その中で最強の戦力を誇るのがチーム“ファルゼン”
そのファルゼンの中にはエルレインの親友アンディ・フラウもいる

外で2人で歩いてると、おっちゃんに声をかけられる。
道を尋ねるふりをして刃物で襲い掛かってくるがかわす2人。
手を繋いでいることに疑問をもつ敵。焦る2人に沢山の刃物を投げつける。
その刃物を避けたキリは瞬時にその刃物を使って武器をつくる。

武器で攻撃するもうまくいかずピンチのところをスイが助けにくる。
スイ「おいおいキリ 随分楽しそうなことしてるじゃねえかキリ」
キリ「ナイスタイミング スイ」

pleasedon'tbecomeaharempleasedon'tbecomeaharempleasedon'tbecomeaharem

haya5h1
April 04, 2008, 12:15 AM
I don't think it will become a harem, but El and Kiri's relationship is about to become a lot more complicated...

xi0
April 04, 2008, 02:55 AM
Guys, remember, spoilers should be in spoiler tags.

Koen
April 04, 2008, 05:49 AM
what I can make up out of the first spoiler with babelfish:
is an attack on a certain paulownia or something like that, well they (two) are attacked
and it tells something about two different type of sisters. Oh and that paulownia seems to meet our two cute heros :D

where's kirimi when you need her

xi0
April 04, 2008, 05:57 AM
Koen -_-;

Please use spoiler tags.

Koen
April 04, 2008, 06:01 AM
Koen -_-;

Please use spoiler tags.

Ah sorry completely forgotten, I'll remind it for later on :)

haya5h1
April 04, 2008, 06:52 AM
Guys, remember, spoilers should be in spoiler tags.
ahh, sorry, I thought I was being vague enough!:sweat

anyway, here's a summary of what I got out of the spoiler:

El wakes up and sees a black-haired girl outside the window. The girl smiles and walks away.
Beside El, Kiri wakes up and comments on her "bed hair."
As they're changing clothes, El asks him who the girl was. He says that she's Sui, a childhood friend.

Later El is on the phone with the SIsterhood again.
They instruct her to wait in the town for the arrival of a team of 2 Sisters, "Team Falzen" (Farzen?) who are a "mail sister" (?) who specializes in healing Troy, and a "militia sister" who specializes in fighting. They are Elraine's close friends Andy and Frau.

El and Kiri are outside walking in town when an elderly person asks them for directions, and pulls a weapon on them. El and Kiri and able to dodge the attack. The assassin throws a bunch of knives at them and Kiri grabs one of them to fend off the assassin.

THey are helped out of this pinch by Sui. She mentions to Kiri that this is great fun. Kiri replies "NIce timing, Sui."

so yeah, it looks like Kiri may end up surrounded by girls... but that doesn't automatically mean harem. I hope.:sweat

bunshindattebayo
April 04, 2008, 07:42 AM
I don't mind if this series is becoming a harem as long as there's a lot of cool fighting scenes.It's fun to see a Negima-like manga.

Zoe
April 04, 2008, 07:50 AM
Spoiler pics!
http://p.pita.st/?ljc0ovua

Koen
April 04, 2008, 07:56 AM
I don't mind if this series is becoming a harem as long as there's a lot of cool fighting scenes.It's fun to see a Negima-like manga.

As long as harem isn't the main genre then it's fine by me

I love mixed genre mangas more then one genre manga

and that black haired girls character design is great

bunshindattebayo
April 04, 2008, 07:57 AM
Sui looks pretty cool there if you ask me.

kirimi
April 04, 2008, 08:18 AM
Potential spoilers...

エルー起きてふと窓の外みると黒髪の女の子と目が合う。
女はニィと笑い歩いていく。横で寝てたキリも起きてエルーを見るとすごい寝癖。
着替えながらキリにさっきの子について話すと、それは幼馴染のスイだと答える。

とそこで協会から電話。ちゃんと報告してなかったことを怒られる。
そしてしばらくその街にとどまり、チーム“ファルゼン”の到着を待つように言われる。

シスターには2種類あり、トロイの治療をするものを“メイルシスター”
そして戦い専門の“ミリティアシスター”がいる
その中で最強の戦力を誇るのがチーム“ファルゼン”
そのファルゼンの中にはエルレインの親友アンディ・フラウもいる

外で2人で歩いてると、おっちゃんに声をかけられる。
道を尋ねるふりをして刃物で襲い掛かってくるがかわす2人。
手を繋いでいることに疑問をもつ敵。焦る2人に沢山の刃物を投げつける。
その刃物を避けたキリは瞬時にその刃物を使って武器をつくる。

武器で攻撃するもうまくいかずピンチのところをスイが助けにくる。
スイ「おいおいキリ 随分楽しそうなことしてるじゃねえかキリ」
キリ「ナイスタイミング スイ」

Thanks. :) I think haya5hi got most of it, bar a few points.

There are 2 types of Sisters. The ones who can heal Troy are called "Mail Sisters" (Mail is weird? o_O But, dunno what other word it could be.) and the ones who specialise in fighting, the "Militia Sisters". Among the Militia Sisters, the strongest team is called the "Falzen". Elle has two good friends in the Falzen, Andi and Frau. Elle and Kiri are to wait where they are for the Falzen team to arrive.

And, thanks for the spoiler pics!

Koen
April 04, 2008, 08:21 AM
If I read those spoilers then it seems the plot is getting more interesting

andi sounds like a male name, so sisters aren't only female. At least that's my guess

Zoe
April 04, 2008, 09:15 AM
andi sounds like a male name, so sisters aren't only female. At least that's my guess

Andi/Andy can be a girl's name too ^^

xi0
April 04, 2008, 09:21 AM
And I'll reiterate, please everyone use spoiler tags regarding any spoilers or discussion of spoilers for the next chapter. I don't want to go through tagging every post, please.

Zoe
April 04, 2008, 04:18 PM
Geez, I wonder how long Komi is gonna keep dropping hints about Kiri before actually resolving any of them. There's so much suspense already :o

xi0
April 04, 2008, 04:54 PM
Geez, I wonder how long Komi is gonna keep dropping hints about Kiri before actually resolving any of them. There's so much suspense already :o

Yeah...it's obvious Kiri isn't just a "normal boy".

Wouldn't it be shocking if he turned out to be an enemy of the Sisters?

Koen
April 04, 2008, 04:57 PM
Okay was that just some personal illusion or did kiri something strange with those knifes/sword?

Zoe
April 04, 2008, 05:00 PM
Okay was that just some personal illusion or did kiri something strange with those knifes/sword?

Yeah, definitely. He took some tool out of his bag (which is full of art supplies) and it gathered up all the blades.

I'm really curious about his bruise.

And he and El were separated at the end, right? :o

Koen
April 04, 2008, 05:02 PM
Can't wait for trans/scan because this is the third great chapter in a row and that doesn't often happen with new series

haya5h1
April 04, 2008, 08:33 PM
I'm really curious about his bruise.
Well, El asks him if it's from the previous day's fight, and the way he starts to answer (before he's interrupted by his mom) hints that it might not have been. Then his mom comes in and teases him about it. Maybe El was thrashing about in her sleep...:XD

I thought that the thing Kiri used to gather up the knives was a magnet or something. He does some strangely adept at using it though...

And he and El were separated at the end, right?
Yeah, El started going into seizure.:s

Zoe
April 04, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm also a little worried about his relationship with Sui. His thought bubble when he finds out she came by (あいつもしかして) + the expression on his face...

Edit: Oh, reading carefully over the phone conversation, it seems like Martha confirms that all of the Sisters, including the militia, are in fact women.

haya5h1
April 04, 2008, 09:55 PM
kyeaahhhh:sweat... that would be interesting to find out. Elle's already wondering if she's his girlfriend, and if she (El) has done something awful. Sui is a rather cool character though, reminds me of Tatsuki in Bleach... I wonder if she'll join them on the journey.

Koen
April 05, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'll go for a risky prediction:
Sui will touch El before kiri and el can react - now I come to the next points:
1. either Sui will be infected by troy and Kiri will have to give hands to the two
2. either Sui isn't infected and somehow she also has that body touch that can clear out the side effects of troy when touching El and without getting infected -> So she's like kiri short said
3. Sui has some take over abilities like other sisters do and she's like El

haya5h1
April 05, 2008, 11:39 PM
so now I'm intrigued by Kiri. The cop was talking about him like he had a reputation for doing this kind of stuff. And what is with that keyblade.:XD

I like the thought that Sui could be a latent Sister... we'll just have to see.

shrimpy
April 06, 2008, 03:56 PM
As far as I can tell, Kiri's "keyblade" was just an extension of his artistic abilities... question is how did he make it?

Muddy
April 06, 2008, 06:32 PM
Awesome chapter.

Once again, I have to commend Komi Naoshi on his pacing - this chapter is wonderful. Leisurely early-morning talk; informative, still chill but also exciting plot-wise phone conversation; then the sudden action scene at the end. I definitely don't want this becoming a harem series but I'm not worried yet. Sui seems pretty cool (and I definitely like this Gazelle guy, too - excellent strategy for getting close to them!).

haya5h1
April 06, 2008, 06:45 PM
As far as I can tell, Kiri's "keyblade" was just an extension of his artistic abilities... question is how did he make it?
I thought it was some kind of magnetic stick, maybe something he uses to pick up dropped tools when he's painting high up (I've seen something like it in home supply stores). but it was like he stabbed it into the wall and suddenly all the knives were stuck to it. so I don't know WHAT it is now.

Rock_Leeroy
April 06, 2008, 08:26 PM
this series does certainly look promising so far. it seems like it will be rather short tho, it will definately end when everyone'se troi virus is cured or whatever, it just wouldnt make much sense to go on after that since that is el's dream, series end with dream's accomplished or even before that if you look at series like hikaru no go and such. shonen's are just famous for more lackluster then satifying endings.

Muddy
April 06, 2008, 08:51 PM
this series does certainly look promising so far. it seems like it will be rather short tho, it will definately end when everyone'se troi virus is cured or whatever, it just wouldnt make much sense to go on after that since that is el's dream, series end with dream's accomplished or even before that if you look at series like hikaru no go and such. shonen's are just famous for more lackluster then satifying endings.

It only seems like the plot can't go very far right now because Jump mangaka have to be extremely wary of their series's life expectancy. In the scenario that a manga bombs and is canceled after 12 chapters, the mangaka can't have set up some super-intense multi-faceted deep plot that suggests 30 volumes of material -- they have to have had some short unambitious story finish, that's all. Only when they survive and can gauge how their manga is doing, can they start actually revealing more of the story they have in mind.

So if Double Arts is popular enough, I have no doubts that the story will turn out to be much more complicated than it's letting on. I can, in fact, see almost endless possibility even with just what's been introduced so far... but for now we can only wait and see.

Koen
April 07, 2008, 06:03 AM
Yes I think muddy is right. It's better to be carefull and wait till you get a decent rating - so you know it'll survive for a time - to put in more complex elements to go on. Though I would be very suprised if this wouldn't be tasted, but you never know :)

haya5h1
April 08, 2008, 12:43 AM
Well, as kirimi mentioned earlier, the higher-ups at WJ seem very much invested in seeing Komi-sensei succeed. My guess is Double Arts is guaranteed at least the next two quarters (six months or so) unless he falls REALLY short of expectations.

LegACy
April 08, 2008, 06:10 AM
didn't he use the strings in his bag to tied them up? I think I can see some strings on the blades...

add it with some ecchi, and it will be guaranteed to last at least a year ^^

barbapapa
April 08, 2008, 10:34 AM
Please... for the love of god... no ecchi.

haya5h1
April 08, 2008, 11:56 PM
didn't he use the strings in his bag to tied them up? I think I can see some strings on the blades...

add it with some ecchi, and it will be guaranteed to last at least a year ^^
I doubt he'll go that way. I found the way he handled the first shower to be very tasteful.... it could have been so WRONG. Looking at his one-shots too, he depicts girls quite modestly.

I agree that it looks like Kiri used string to bind up all the knives, you can see a loose bit of it flapping around. the question is, how did he do it so FAST?

xi0
April 09, 2008, 01:07 AM
I'm not really against ecchi, but I personally feel that a series like Double Arts wouldn't work with ecchi. It's too quaint and unique to be bogged down by random perviness IMO.

Koen
April 09, 2008, 03:30 AM
Don't worry you guys I'll bet my life on it that ecchi will not become main theme of this manga. There'll be some referring to but certainly not as many as happened in the beginning of Mx0 (though I love those great ecchi scenes in it)

Franckie
April 09, 2008, 02:38 PM
The manga reminds me of the main characters from B-Shock. Anyway, I'm loving the art and I'm loving the character designs. I've enjoyed the first three chapters, and I look forward to future developments. This manga could really get interesting if the mangaka's cards are played right.

Ramza
April 09, 2008, 06:51 PM
doubt its ecchi
first 3 chapters doesnt even display ecchi scenes

makes no sense to start now

LegACy
April 09, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hey, I'm against ecchi too! But sometimes, it's purpose is to attract more readers! (I find some manga has some ecchi in the beginning, and none at all in the end!)

I agree that it looks like Kiri used string to bind up all the knives, you can see a loose bit of it flapping around. the question is, how did he do it so FAST?
it's his talent. You see, El could do the same thing as him, but she will take a lot more time. While Kiri may posses some kind of ability that allow him to do that thing so quickly, or he's maybe just good with strings in general (seeing he is the son of a dress maker), and he's also an artist

Zoe
April 12, 2008, 12:13 AM
I don't think it's just a question of talent though. There's clearly something special about him.

I have no doubt that the bandage he put on El is doing more than just covering her wound.
[hr]

来週はほとんどバトル
スイ強い。手加減してるにも関わらず勝利。
スイはキリの元彼女。

It's almost all battle.
Sui is strong. Despite going easy, she wins.
Sui is Kiri's ex-girlfriend.

[hr]
Well the spoilers were correct.

It doesn't seem like we'll have to worry about Sui. Kiri doesn't seem to like her much anymore :heh

xi0
April 12, 2008, 02:08 AM
The way Sui used that ring weapon was pretty cool.

Her facial expressions scared the crap out of me though. She looks to be a little insane...no wonder why Kiri left her.

I wouldn't though

Koen
April 12, 2008, 06:29 AM
The way Sui used that ring weapon was pretty cool.

Her facial expressions scared the crap out of me though. She looks to be a little insane...no wonder why Kiri left her.

I wouldn't though

:D well I like her. Those facial expressions are great. The ring weapon is indeed great but over here too - like in psyrens thread - I'll have to wait for the scan but it was enjoying. Sui rocks

haya5h1
April 12, 2008, 07:11 AM
Sui and her hoop o'death (Abby?!) reminds me of Tira in Soul Caliber 3 :3 Insane like her too ...don't touch the hair!:XD Even if she didn't turn out to be a healing-type sister, she definitely would make a good Militaire sister. It would be awesome to have her on Team El.

shrimpy
April 12, 2008, 09:08 PM
I hereby demand someone start the Kiri x Sui fanclub NOW!
ALL HAIL SUI!

Zoe
April 12, 2008, 10:18 PM
Nooooooo...... Kiri x El :(

pirate-hitman:L
April 12, 2008, 10:58 PM

I second this motion.

barbapapa
April 12, 2008, 10:59 PM
Well, Sui is pretty awesome, though.

haya5h1
April 12, 2008, 11:11 PM
Thirded!!:amuse Sui is hazardous to Kiri's health. well, so is Elle. Guy can't get a break.

Anyway...there's definitely something really weird about Kiri. Just by touching someone he can make them feel lighter. And now Elle is practically paralyzed when she isn't in contact with him. Is it because she's on the point of death? Or a more sinister possibility... is Kiri somehow responsible?

Succubus
April 13, 2008, 12:59 AM
lmao I love it <333

and oh god.. MAN! Sui is AWEESOMMEEE!! QUITEEE BADASS!!

she reminds me alot of envy from FMA

I've reread DA as 3+ times...now I fell in love with her... >_< yeaa she is my typeeee

I hereby demand someone start the Kiri x Sui fanclub NOW!
ALL HAIL SUI!

I SECOND!

HAIL TO SUI!!

Koen
April 13, 2008, 07:03 AM
lmao I love it <333

and oh god.. MAN! Sui is AWEESOMMEEE!! QUITEEE BADASS!!

she reminds me alot of envy from FMA

I've reread DA as 3+ times...now I fell in love with her... >_< yeaa she is my typeeee

I SECOND!

N°3 that makes the opposing parties equal to each other

haya5h1
April 13, 2008, 08:43 AM
only 4 chapters and already a pairing war! woohoo~!
I wonder if Elle has any exes in her closet:jk

Koen
April 13, 2008, 10:51 AM
I read the scan: I think Sui was just joking when she told she's kiris Ex. She's prolly the character who always thinks kiri has been her boyfriend. Anyway I am really curious about Kiri and Sui because they both have great skills and powers. Next chapter will certainly know more about it and I ask myself if there's other acquitances of kiri

asch
April 13, 2008, 02:26 PM
:D,really good chapter I like Sui.

Maxy Barnard
April 14, 2008, 04:57 AM
You know, I think it's pretty safe to say that Double Arts is the best series to appear in jump since......
God knows when really. It's that good, even aping my love of Sket Dance and Hatsukoi. I mean... Wow, every chapter so far has just made it that much better than anything before it.

Kiri & Elle are just the best fated pair ever, and the pacing could keep this going for a good time without running dry.

*glees for far too long* ah... Gotta love it.

AfterMath
April 14, 2008, 05:01 AM
the possibilities of Sui n Kiri were lovers is pretty much high. but then,they are childhood friends,maybe Sui only just joking around about being kiri's ex..

Sui is cool,but i'm rooting for Kiri x El:XD and hopefully this series wont get into Harem.

Turtle Pirate
April 14, 2008, 04:29 PM
so Sui has joined the journey I'm guessing . . . and can't wait to see Kiri get really serious and totally own someone, that is if my hope of him actually being much stronger than he's letting on is true.

Maxy Barnard
April 15, 2008, 01:22 AM
Ah awesome, William looked like one of the more interesting one shots of last year!

And Sui will be interesting over hte next chapter, seeing if she intends to be a real obstacle inbetween Elraine and Kiri, but somehow i see that as being in their past, jsut to give elraine a reason to feel un comfortable with the idea, maybe realise her affection or something.

Koen
April 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
I liked suis (envy) smile a lot. Looking forward to her relationship towards el. But current chapter already looked promising to that

Kioras
April 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
Great series, it has unique characters, unique design, and completely different and interesting fights outside of the usual tripe you find in Jump

It should stay around for a while, they may of been better artists from the manga I've seen, but i don't think I have really seen better pacing/story.

rhapsody blue
April 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
I found a spoiler on 2ch; hope it is okay if I post here. ^^;

ダブルアーツ

キリの力はキリを含め触れた人間の生命力強化というか免疫力、治癒力上昇をする 
さらにキリを含め触れた人間の筋力や体力、肉体的な強さをおよそ2倍にする  
触れた人間が2人なら2倍、5人なら5倍、10人なら10倍、100人なら100倍といったかんじになる 
この力をキリは「フレア」と呼んでいる 

これから先、重大な事件が起きるらしいです

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/doubleartspoiler.jpg

haya5h1
April 17, 2008, 10:10 AM
awesome sauce!
summary: Kiri has an ability he calls "Flare" 「フレア」 that can increase the strength and abilities and immunity of people by the number of people he's touching. If he's touching 2 persons their strength will double, if he touches 5 people their strength will increase by 5 times, and so on. But apparently it caused some serious trouble in the past when it first arose. (not sure if I'm reading that part right)

...so basically he's a Team Fortress medic.:XD

Zoe
April 17, 2008, 10:35 AM
:lol

I'd like to see him touching 100 people at once

Koen
April 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
never expected to be this ability so specific. But how do you put that in those knifes attack?

LegACy
April 18, 2008, 08:04 AM
that's a different ability I think

anyway, cool ability, like to see it more in action

Zoe
April 18, 2008, 03:48 PM
Well, El asks him if it's from the previous day's fight, and the way he starts to answer (before he's interrupted by his mom) hints that it might not have been. Then his mom comes in and teases him about it. Maybe El was thrashing about in her sleep...:XD

Looks like you were right :heh

haya5h1
April 19, 2008, 05:20 AM
Looks like you were right :heh
WOW she's flexible.:XD

Koen
April 19, 2008, 07:36 AM
I am going to wait to say anything before a scanlation comes out

but what I saw was very nice. Loved the end where kiri is so unlucky in his bed :D

haya5h1
April 19, 2008, 10:32 PM
Loved the end where kiri is so unlucky in his bed
well all he has to do is hold her down tight when they're asleep, yo.;)

but about the chapter, wow, er... LOTS of backstory and exposition in this chapter. Wow.

Although Kiri's powers seem to be a little TOO perfect.Even for a shonen hero. But the tone of Elle's narration seems to imply in the future, Kiri's power turns out to be maybe... not as positive?:notrust It will be interesting to see when the story catches up to the point she's narrating from. But I'm glad that the "heaviness" Elle experienced was just normal gravity and not some insidious side effect of Kiri's power.

I wonder if Team Falzon shows up next chapter. Kiri's had his friend show up, time to see some of Elle's!

Zoe
April 19, 2008, 10:47 PM
well all he has to do is hold her down tight when they're asleep, yo.;)

I thought the same thing but didn't want to be the one to say it :P

LegACy
April 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
I wonder if Team Falzon shows up next chapter. Kiri's had his friend show up, time to see some of Elle's!
I'd think they're going to meet more Gazelle after this, and Falzen will shows up when kiri and friends are in a pinch

Koen
April 20, 2008, 04:50 AM
LOTS of backstory and exposition in this chapter. Wow.

Although Kiri's powers seem to be a little TOO perfect.Even for a shonen hero. But the tone of Elle's narration seems to imply in the future, Kiri's power turns out to be maybe... not as positive?:notrust It will be interesting to see when the story catches up to the point she's narrating from. But I'm glad that the "heaviness" Elle experienced was just normal gravity and not some insidious side effect of Kiri's power.

Maybe ell is worried that if kiri somehow stops the effect of the troy and he has an ability to multiplie someones strength when he touches someone then my guess: els resistence just becomes stronger by kiris ability but on the other hand when someone with troy infected desease touches kiri then that would mean troys effect accumulate too

haya5h1
April 20, 2008, 09:45 AM
Maybe ell is worried that if kiri somehow stops the effect of the troy and he has an ability to multiplie someones strength when he touches someone then my guess: els resistence just becomes stronger by kiris ability but on the other hand when someone with troy infected desease touches kiri then that would mean troys effect accumulate too
I don't think it works that way, or Elle's seizure would have gotten worse the first time he touched her and she would have died. Kiri's ability boosts the body's strength, but apparently not the strength of the germs or viruses that reside in it - remember he cured someone's cold.

it's interesting though - Elle's touch brings death, while Kiri's brings life.

~Lilium~
April 21, 2008, 02:19 PM
:nuts wow I'm loving this manga already! all the chapters were good *so far* I hop it stays that way :D

LOTS of backstory and exposition in this chapter. Wow.

I do hope that it's not all positive... :oh that would be a let down since there won't be interesting going on.
and... yeah... kiri seems to perfect... maybe later on some people with the same or similar 'powers' at him will show up?"

Crude
April 21, 2008, 04:06 PM
I really liked this chapter thanks to the backstory and exposition. We finally know why Sui is so strong and we learn more about Kiri's abilities. Just what is he?
I also liked Elle's foreshadowing.

Koen
April 21, 2008, 04:55 PM
after reading the scan, I am very suprised about how much information the have given about kiri and sui. Especially about kiri. Hmm interesting: there are four folks and nagi were one of them. I wonder if three others will play an important role? I wonder if kiri maybe is part of or maybe like sui he's a pure descendant of a folk (let's say kiris parents lie to him to protect him by saying he's their son while he was an adopted orphan). Maybe kiri is part of a folk that had sisters abilities.

Let's say: military, science and two others are folks part

barbapapa
April 21, 2008, 06:41 PM
This manga keeps on a-rockin'.

LegACy
April 22, 2008, 07:12 AM
I wonder what kind of world Komi Naoshi has prepared for us all... Looks like it's gonna be another deep, complicated kinda fantasy world ^^

Toboe LoneWolf
April 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
It kinda surprised me that Kiri just blabbed out that he was immune to Troi to basically the whole village...when earlier on Elle was saying they needed to hide the fact to protect him from assassins...

Then again, they've already had 2 people go after them. >> "Bring it on?" Sui would like that, perhaps.

segua
April 22, 2008, 05:46 PM
Well, with two people, Kiri is already dangerous. I'm sure it's not just physical strength that gets boosted but also physical capabilities also. Dunno if the manga specifically state anything else.

Zoe
April 25, 2008, 09:56 PM
Wow, raw came late today.

So it seems the men who help the Sisters are known as Guards.

LOL @ Kiri's dad in the hallway

Koen
April 26, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hmm, this is like a-wait-till-scan/trans-comes-out-chapter

So they are meeting up with other sisters. I wonder what they all said - so they're also a guardian among them?

haya5h1
April 26, 2008, 06:43 AM
It's not a priority yet I guess.
Kiri's parents are AWESOME, and, like, the most understanding people ever. I guess they've had practice from dealing with Kiri's ability.
seems like Elle's got her own specialness. I think it's safe to say it's not going to be a harem, now?

And now we know how old they are! I would have guessed 14 at most...

Franckie
April 26, 2008, 02:44 PM
Kiri's power is unusual, from what I've ready anyway for the shounen genre. It's a support-based power that works well in the situation he's currently. If the mangaka chooses to expand upon Kiri's powers, it'll hopefully be built upon the parameters which were introduced right in the beginning of the manga.

As usual, the art isn't too shabby. Seeing the girls break down upon touching Kiri was an interesting sight, but I'm curious what Kiri's serious expression at the end of the chapter constitutes. I'm guessing touching multiple people with Troi within a short span of time strains Kiri's body.

Zoe
April 26, 2008, 02:46 PM
As usual, the art isn't too shabby. Seeing the girls break down upon touching Kiri was an interesting sight, but I'm curious what Kiri's serious expression at the end of the chapter constitutes. I'm guessing touching multiple people with Troi within a short span of time strains Kiri's body.

Nah

Seeing that one break down like that just made him all the more determined to help out.

segua
April 28, 2008, 02:35 AM
Kiri has high dexterity to his advantage also. I want to see Kiri unleash a punch with 1,000 people behind him all connected with their hands on one anothers' shoulders all the way up to Kiri. That's one helluva support technique!

I love the parents. They are the complete opposite of each other but they are well matched. A quiet giant paired up with an outgoing small-person.

haya5h1
April 28, 2008, 06:57 AM
*imagines Double Arts in a future JUMP Ultimate Stars* A 1-koma Kiri could double the strength of the player character. Kiri and Elle would make an awesome 2 or 3-koma support, if they touched the player character that character's strength would be boosted 3X.:) (Elle by herself could draw out poison... or have an offensive attack like a delayed-reaction death touch... eheheh:sweat) But I digress.

barbapapa
April 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
It's interesting how Komi decided to use special abilities in this manga; most likely in an attempt to hook the Jump crowd (island, for example, had none of that). But what makes him great is that he's doing it his own way, instead of extracting elements from other manga.

segua
April 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
Island was good. It had be drawn by sheer interest as to what could be beyond.

And here, it's a very original story which I thought, "this will become a very popular manga one day."

None the less, he seems to be a great story teller.

xi0
April 29, 2008, 04:04 AM
It's interesting how Komi decided to use special abilities in this manga; most likely in an attempt to hook the Jump crowd (island, for example, had none of that). But what makes him great is that he's doing it his own way, instead of extracting elements from other manga.

While I agree with you, there is a contingent on 2ch that are pointing out some uncanny resemblances to other media. This type of thing happens all the time on 2ch, but it doesn't appear to be too severe, compared to other manga.

Koen
April 29, 2008, 04:20 AM
Well the only thing that reminded me of something else was the introduction of elle and other sisters. They remind me a lot of that healing guy in the one shot asklepios (or something like that) of uchimizu touru (mangaka of kain) asklepios (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12475)

so no coincidence of being recalled by an prolly to most unknown one shot

xi0
April 29, 2008, 04:28 AM
Well the only thing that reminded me of something else was the introduction of elle and other sisters. They remind me a lot of that healing guy in the one shot asklepios (or something like that) of uchimizu touru (mangaka of kain) asklepios (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12475)

so no coincidence of being recalled by an prolly to most unknown one shot

I'm not talking about the plot entirely...more like themes and images...like I meant before, it seems to be a stretch, but 2ch has these people. They've actually gotten a couple people fired for copyright infringement.

Koen
April 29, 2008, 04:31 AM
copyright infrigment of? If you state these kind of things then they must prove it? Nah prolly some stupid people who don't like double arts but prolly already know it's going to be a hit

back on topic: that guy is just a mere guardian? So you have those milita sisters, I wonder if they have a guard or are a guard themself?

xi0
April 29, 2008, 04:47 AM
copyright infrigment of? If you state these kind of things then they must prove it? Nah prolly some stupid people who don't like double arts but prolly already know it's going to be a hit

back on topic: that guy is just a mere guardian? So you have those milita sisters, I wonder if they have a guard or are a guard themself?

No, I meant in other series...not Double Arts in particular.

I got the impression that it's someone Kiri knows.

Koen
May 02, 2008, 06:05 AM
Hmm, just as a reminder: but did I miss a scanlation? Because I really wanna know more about the sisters etc

haya5h1
May 02, 2008, 08:39 AM
naw, shrimpy had something urgent come up and nobody else's done a translation as yet.

shrimpy
May 02, 2008, 06:45 PM
not anymore!

didn't comment on this before, but last chapter dropped a big detail - kiri's power is only one of enhancement or reinforcement. And as far as we know, he's not curing elle, just acting as "life support". While I doubt the author intends to make this have a tragic ending, there's a good possibility elle will die even holding kiri's hand, since she's only being boosted. and this latest chapter mentioned she's only 4 years under her anticipated life expectancy, so things in my mind are looking more bleak for her.

No, i'm not being pessimistic. I just think the author has to develop this more with other "super" people than kiri to make this outcome feasable. like kiri said this chapter, is he really the only one? i think not...

LegACy
May 02, 2008, 09:44 PM
and this latest chapter mentioned she's only 4 years under her anticipated life expectancy, so things in my mind are looking more bleak for her.
no. She was told that she only has 4 years before the seizure come (which, unfortunately, come a lot earlier), but if she keep touching Kiri, it'll never come

anyway, it's been kinda slow lately, and we still don't know how Kiri have that artistic ability (carving that statue in seconds, binding up those knives). Well, chapter 7 seems to promise us more actions tho, I want to see Sui in a pinch!!

Koen
May 03, 2008, 05:26 AM
Well I think kiri has a great power to boost elle. But I wonder if kiris power is only that enhancement or reinforcement.

Well I loved this chapter a lot, it makes me respect those sisters even more. Curing people and not being able to touch anyone. It seems they got a guardian but I believe Sui will go with them too. Even if it's without knowing? She could test out heim.

Wonder what's underway with carriage?

shrimpy
May 03, 2008, 07:10 AM
well, there's no indication Kiri actually cures anything. Even in chapter 5, look carefully at how he explained it. He didn't cure a cold, he merely boosted a person's immune system and they got over it faster. No one has ever recovered from Troi, and as far as we know there's no natural way to fight it.

What I meant by mentioning Elle's age 20 thing is the fact that her body didn't hold out as good as it was expected to, so she's already on the edge. If Kiri's ability is just boosting, then he may have only bought her time, not "stopped the seizures forever."

Well, although I'm sure my logic is sound, for the sake of the series the author wouldn't dare off a major character like that. But, I see the strong possibility he'll be able to do something like make her go into seizures while holding Kiri's hand, or maybe start disappearing without seizures--something way later on--to add a good element of suspense to the comic. The only solution I can foresee then would be dependent on them finding another special power user. (does this make more sense than what I wrote above?) Just my 2 cents.

Koen
May 03, 2008, 07:53 AM
Now I have been asking myself: how kiris boosting ability works. Suppose he boosts the sisters ability in a positive way: their immune system becomes stronger so the effects of troi in their body are minimalized then I wonder if Kiri can boost in a negative way when he touches someone with troi that doesn't have a immune system like the sisters: could it be that a troi affected person become more dangerous?

Though no one can touch a sister who has taken over troi, it seems kiri is the only one who can touch them without being affected. Simply because he boosts the immune system so hard that trois effects can't do any harm to him because the sisters become stronger by his feeling and can prolly avoid any damage

But I still got my doubt what will happpen to kiri and others when kiri touches someone with troi without any abilities like the sisters

So this makes me very confused:
Can't you touch any sister? Or does it just depend on how strong their immune system is? Or let me state in other words: does the grade of immune system allow someone to touch someone or affected by troy as sister doesn't allow you touch anyone/just like normal troi affected humans?

Help me out but did I miss something

haya5h1
May 03, 2008, 09:13 AM
Kiri boosts the human immune system, he doesn't boost the germs or viruses that infect the body. That's how he helped a person get over their cold and why his mom felt strong when she was pregnant with him.

I'm taking some hope from Kiri's observation that Elle's hands have always been warm (to him, anyway). If she was still badly infected to the point of death, as she was when she met Kiri, her hands should still be cold at least. All the sisters who are infected with Troi still have cold hands. But after being in contact with Kiri, Elle's hands have become warm again, which could indicate that at least some of the Troi in her might be subsiding.

segua
May 03, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think I prefer that Kiri could boost someone's else own constitution overall.

LegACy
May 03, 2008, 08:51 PM
just wondering, when Kiri touches other person, his power will be doubled. Now, how about Kiri himself? Will his power get doubled as well, or he's not affected?

Ging
May 03, 2008, 09:00 PM
I think he's affected too, he too help lifting that huge building if i remember it correctly

caesarpk
May 04, 2008, 08:09 PM
now, if I am correct, kiri connected hands w/ 100 people, therefore making the power of each person 100 times. suppose a normal person has 1 man power, then
100 mp x 100 ppl = 10000
how much is that?

Kioras
May 04, 2008, 10:10 PM
I think it is kind of interesting that double arts is already getting a color insert, only 7 issues into the series. I would suppose that from the very start the long term prospects of the series looks good

Koen
May 05, 2008, 02:11 PM
I think it is kind of interesting that double arts is already getting a color insert, only 7 issues into the series. I would suppose that from the very start the long term prospects of the series looks good

I wouldn't mind it that much, it happened with psyren, mago and other series too. I think it's often in the issue before their real popularity rating starts

xi0
May 05, 2008, 02:44 PM
Usually new series get a color page early on, aside from the issue they debuted in. Like koenosaki said, it happened for Psyren and it happened for Nurarihyon no Mago TWICE.

Zoe
May 05, 2008, 03:48 PM
Don't forget, this will be the third time for DA. Chapter 2 also had a color page.

Maxy Barnard
May 06, 2008, 01:49 PM
yes, but with both mago and bari haken getting second colours (phrase excl. opening cover, thats a given) its possible this is just a priviledge

rhapsody blue
May 07, 2008, 01:29 PM
I found this on the Double Arts thread in 2ch; don't know if this is a spoiler or not

まじで地震怖いんですがw

協会から帰る途中の2人
シスターに昼食はどうかと呼び止められる

喋っていると、ヘイムが攻撃を受けて倒れてしまう
敵は誰かを探している

恐らく、敵は人を見ただけでトロイに感染しているか分かるらしく、キリをターゲットにする
トロイに感染しない人間は、シスターよりも優先して消せ といわれているようだ

この敵の名は ルーシー・ゼズゥ
ガゼルメンバーの11人のうちの1人
ガゼルという組織を創った者のひとりらしい

エッダは攻撃を仕掛けるが、瞬時に背後に回られ斬られる

シスターはエルにキリを連れてすぐにこの場から離れろと言うが、
シスター達が自分の為に犠牲になろうとしている事を察知しているキリは引かない
だがシスターも引かない

キリ「おい!待てったら!納得できるか!!
   あんた達(シスター達)はそれでいいのか!?待てってば・・・!」

戦闘態勢に入るシスター

キリ「やめろお」

第7話・・・/おわり

次号、ゼズゥの脅威・・・
キリの取った選択は!?

まだまだ右も左も分からない自分が漫画を描く事が出来
てるのは皆様の応援のお陰です。有難うございます<直志>

I think this is from the Elraine thread (Title: 【エルー】ダブルアーツのエルレイン・フィガレット萌え【シスター】):
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/doubleartsspoilermaybe.jpg

This is a reply to this post:

エルーの目と口を縫い付ける夢を見てやる

Koen
May 07, 2008, 02:56 PM
héhé, whan I saw rhaps In this topic, I was immediately thinking about a spoiler

anyways, can't make up antyhing till a trans comes out

but tha fanart pic looks great imo :p - and if it isn't one wtf :o

rhapsody blue
May 07, 2008, 03:08 PM
I used babelfish and apparently, there will be a fight soon according to that spoiler. For the second one, I think she was dreaming according to babelfish. If that picture was real, then ouch!

Koen
May 07, 2008, 03:41 PM
I used babelfish and apparently, there will be a fight soon according to that spoiler. For the second one, I think she was dreaming according to babelfish. If that picture was real, then ouch!

I agree - ouch too over here, I even disliked it when they stitched a wound on my head. But that picture really looks creepy. So another fight is approaching I wonder if it'lll be another gazelle

haya5h1
May 08, 2008, 12:21 AM
as for the picture, I don't know... the style doesn't really match. The lines are too thin and the jawline and ears seem off. but anyway, the text says "Elle's eyes and mouth are sewn up as seen in a dream" - since 2chers like to say "I saw this in a dream" in spoilers, it may or may not be real...

text spoiler... I'll leave it to someone who's fluent to translate it properly, but what I could read of it made me feel sick.:(

Franckie
May 08, 2008, 06:35 AM
Zoomed around and stumbled across a color-spread. Didn't the mangaka promise another one for this week?

http://i25.tinypic.com/zkjs68.jpg

It looks real. And I have to say, I love this manga's art.

haya5h1
May 08, 2008, 07:48 AM
Zoomed around and stumbled across a color-spread. Didn't the mangaka promise another one for this week?

http://i25.tinypic.com/zkjs68.jpg

It looks real. And I have to say, I love this manga's art.

awww, that's adorable.:3 Yes, color page scheduled for this week.

that reminds me... does Kiri ever change clothes? Even Elle changes into pajamas at night, but Kiri's outfit hasn't changed since he met Elle, not even to sleep. or maybe all his clothes are the same:XD

shrimpy
May 08, 2008, 11:14 AM
a very rough and quick trans

協会から帰る途中の2人
The two are returning from the church
シスターに昼食はどうかと呼び止められる
the sisters are called for lunch (?)
喋っていると、ヘイムが攻撃を受けて倒れてしまう
敵は誰かを探している
just then, heim is struck down
the enemy is searching for someone

恐らく、敵は人を見ただけでトロイに感染しているか分かるらしく、キリをターゲットにする
it seems this enemy knows by looking at people if they have troi. kiri becomes a target
they seem to have orders to kill anyone without troi as the top priority

この敵の名は ルーシー・ゼズゥ
This person's name is lucci zezu (t/n - erm, spelling's a mess, i'm not doing research until i do the chapter)
ガゼルメンバーの11人のうちの1人
one out of the 11 gazelle (? since when did they have a number)
ガゼルという組織を創った者のひとりらしい
he's probably one of its founders

エッダは攻撃を仕掛けるが、瞬時に背後に回られ斬られる
edda?? tries to attack but the enemy swings around back in a flash and cuts her? down

シスターはエルにキリを連れてすぐにこの場から離れろと言うが、
the sisters try to get elle and kiri away from here but
シスター達が自分の為に犠牲になろうとしている事を察知しているキリは引かない
だがシスターも引かない
the sisters are willing to sacrifice themselves for their safety and kiri won't allow it

キリ「おい!待てったら!納得できるか!!
   あんた達(シスター達)はそれでいいのか!?待てってば・・・!」
kiri - heck no! i won't agree to this!
you guys (sisters) are okay with this?! Stop it!

戦闘態勢に入るシスター
The sisters prepare for battle

キリ「やめろお」
kiri - stop it!!!

第7話・・・/おわり
ch 7 / end

次号、ゼズゥの脅威・・・
キリの取った選択は!?
next time - sezu's threat
what will kiri do?!

まだまだ右も左も分からない自分が漫画を描く事が出来てるのは皆様の応援のお陰です。有難うございます<直志
(looks like a quote from the author, naoshi?)
-i still don't know left from right and yet i'm here drawing manga thanks to everyone's support. thank you so much.

Ging
May 08, 2008, 12:31 PM
can't wait to see the new chapter

Koen
May 08, 2008, 12:48 PM
this sounds great, can't wait to see zezu guy :)

thanks shrimpy

rhapsody blue
May 08, 2008, 01:26 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/01-4.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/02-3.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/03-2.jpg

>>318
ガゼルが自己紹介してるんじゃなくて、ローズさんが少し知ってて説明してる
これは協会内でもある程度上の者しか知らない情報 らしい

>>331
>>334
俺の好きなエムゼロと初恋が終わりそうだから、何となくトリップつけてみただけw

>>344
あくまでもキリ達を逃がすのが目的

>>351
"ガゼルメンバー"と呼ばれる11人のガゼルの1人・・・
"ガゼル"という組織を創った者達の一人です━━!!

シスター達ってフレアは知らないっぽいから、それで何とかなりそうなもんだけどね

来週は、
ガゼル「俺はトロイに感染しているか見ただけで判別できる。この能力を ライブラ と呼んでいる」
って展開になると予想

Koen
May 08, 2008, 01:43 PM
rhaps thanks, seems you like double arts a lot too :)

hmmm the new villain looks creepy and strange in that picture - feathers

Zoe
May 08, 2008, 02:38 PM
俺はトロイに感染しているか見ただけで判別できる。この能力を ライブラ と呼んでいる

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Flare... Drain... Libre... I'm gonna assume Komi is an FF fan.

shrimpy
May 08, 2008, 02:50 PM
FF fan?! You mean kingdom hearts fan!! I've been saying it all along!
Plus that thing looks just like a heartless!

Zoe
May 08, 2008, 02:52 PM
Haha, maybe he should have tried to get a position at Gangan instead.

haya5h1
May 09, 2008, 12:25 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Flare... Drain... Libre... I'm gonna assume Komi is an FF fan.
Let's hope he doesn't flake out on his deadlines every time a new FF game is released.:XD

they seem to have orders to kill anyone without troi as the top priority
this part I read as the Gazelles are now prioritizing targeting Kiri above the Sisters as he is immune to Troi.

though that sounds interesting if the Gazelles are out to kill anyone who is immune to Troi - does that mean Kiri might not the only one?
I'm also wondering - if the Gazelles are killing those who cure Troi and those who are immune to Troi, could it be that the Gazelles are from a race that's immune to Troi and want to make sure that the other race is wiped out?

rhapsody blue
May 09, 2008, 10:16 AM
One more picture
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/04-2.jpg
[hr]
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/05-1.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/06-1.jpg

Koen
May 09, 2008, 10:20 AM
the new villains looks pretty cool and very dangerous if you ask me

very good for heim to show some great guardian skills

Succubus
May 09, 2008, 10:23 AM
dam that villian looks badass

shrimpy
May 09, 2008, 03:55 PM
very good for heim to show some great guardian skills

if you read the spoiler (and it's true),
he doesn't get any time to show off at all...he's struck down immediately (quite possibly killed)

Koen
May 09, 2008, 06:53 PM
if you read the spoiler (and it's true),
he doesn't get any time to show off at all...he's struck down immediately (quite possibly killed)

you can't be serious

did I believe we finally had a good guardian, normal guy to help out our duo. Well anyway I'll wait for the chapter and even then you might never know. Imo introducing heim will certainly have some meaning, though I hope it won't be death

Zoe
May 10, 2008, 08:00 AM
Raw...

Heim, nooooooooooooooo ;_;

Koen
May 10, 2008, 08:20 AM
since raw is out, no spoiler tags?

Well I don't think

Heim is dead... He is prolly seriously injured but I really can't believe if they'll let the guy be finished. Maybe the guy will come back in. But the new villain looks pretty bad ass

Zoe
May 10, 2008, 09:12 AM
Depends on the general consensus of the thread /shrug

Heim looked younger in this chapter...

And LOL @ "Let's Cooking"

shrimpy
May 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
heim is not a major character, there was really no need to prolong him in the comic. He didn't do anything but say "okay" and had no backstory! For what it's worth, I don't see him coming back. but it's anyone's guess, up to the author.

Koen
May 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
heim is not a major character, there was really no need to prolong him in the comic. He didn't do anything but say "okay" and had no backstory! For what it's worth, I don't see him coming back. but it's anyone's guess, up to the author.

I don't see any point by saying a character hasn't any meaning because he says almost nothing in his introduction, it's just an introduction. I never said heim will be a main character but I wouldn't be suprised if the guy isn't taken out yet but as you said, that's up to the author

Zoe
May 10, 2008, 06:32 PM
I just enjoyed Heim cause he didn't look like Komi's usual characters :p

bunshindattebayo
May 10, 2008, 08:48 PM
The new villain looks like Axel....................from Kingdom Hearts II

haya5h1
May 10, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm in the "Heim ain't dead till we see a funeral" camp. He wouldn't say something like "I'm confident in my skills" and then die so easily.:notrust

And I hate to say this but the new Gazelle is one of the coolest character concepts ever... the other two were bumbling clowns, but this one looks really dangerous and unbeatable. My guess is Kiri will somehow convince the Sisters to use his power, or Team Falzen will swoop in in the next chapter (how many days has it been since they set out?).

HAHAHAHAHAHA agreed.

Zoe
May 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
I think this is still just their 3rd day together...

Kioras
May 10, 2008, 11:18 PM
I think so also, 3rd day.

And after reading the chapter the one thing i am thinking is that i want to see another appearance of Sui.

Btw, has anyone see any good colored versions of Sui yet?

shrimpy
May 10, 2008, 11:46 PM
Kiri: I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Rose! Give me your hand
Rose: What--wha-stop it!!
Elle: Eeek!!
Kiri: ...DRIVE!! WISDOM FORM!!

and thus, Kiri turns invincible while he glides and spams triangle.
KH FTW!

Succubus
May 11, 2008, 05:20 AM
dam I hope for kiri will save Sisters... ;_;

btw, I think Heim is still alive..

Koen
May 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if that sui followed them in a unmarked sneaky way? Thought It would be a bit over to give her another main role

so let's keep it with kiri and the sisters (or heim?) to defeat them. Or is some other assistence under way?

predsfan
May 11, 2008, 02:28 PM

lol, I was thinking the same thing, especially with all the previous talk by shrimpy of this manga's resemblance to Kingdom Hearts.

Anyway, Kiri is pissed, and I am curious to see what he can do when he gets serious. I hope the sisters don't somehow convince him to run away (though, looking at his expression, I don't think that's possible).

rhapsody blue
May 14, 2008, 01:09 PM
A very long spoiler is out :)

さっきのじゃあれなんで、もちょっと詳細に
って言っても、さっきので十分な気もするけどw

第8話 "彼の選択"

キリは尚も抵抗しますが、エルーの震えながらの懇願で一緒に逃げることにします
シスター達は5人で敵わないであろう戦闘を開始

逃げたキリ達は戦闘が開始された音を聞いて止まってしまいます
そして、やっぱり戻ろうとエリーに言いますが、エリーはシスター達がどれだけの覚悟で自分たちを逃がしたかを力説します
そんなエリーにキリは
「これからもこうするのか?」
「また同じ状況になった時も見捨てるのか!?」
「これからずっとそんなの耐えられるか!?」
「もしそうなら、俺は多分耐えられない…!!」
などとエリーに言葉をかけます

そんな言葉をかけられたエリーは、戻るなら私を置いて行けとキリに言います
これで思いとどまって欲しいというエリーの必死の抵抗のようです

するとキリは、エリーを抱っこして戻っていってしまいます(ここでキリなんか色々言ってますが省略)
するとエリーも結局折れて、2人は自分達の足で走って戻って行きます

戻ると、4人が既にバズゥの足元に倒れており、1人は頭をつかまれています

バズゥはキリの後ろに回り、キリは吹っ飛ばされます
エリーはバズゥに首を掴まれて、発作も始まってしまいました
ここでバズゥはキリが感染しないだけではなく、発作も抑えることを知ります

バズゥはいい事思い出したと言って、エリーを地面に放り投げます
バズゥ「簡単なゲームだ
     トロイの発作ってのはな 起きてだいたい30秒ほどで全身が透け始める
     1分ほどで すっかり消えて ゲームオーバーだ
     さぁ… リミットまでに助けられるか否か…?」

キリはバズゥに斬りかかると見せかけてエルーの所に向かおうとしたようですが、
あっけなく蹴られてしまいます

エリーは自分で何とかしようと動こうと立ち上がりますが、すぐに転んでしまいます
既に足が消え始めており、手も透明です

キリはバズゥに首を掴まれて持ち上げられて

バズゥ「さ~て あと何秒残ってっかなぁ?捕まってていいのか~?」
キリ( くそっ!くそっっ!!
    ヤバイ ヤバイ ヤバイって!!
    なんて力してんだこいつ…!
    オレのせいで…
    オレのせいでこうなってんだぞ…!!
    オレがなんとかしなきゃ…!!
    オレが… )
バズゥ「このままゆっくり見物しようぜ?
     かわいい連れが消えてくことをな」

第8話…/おわり
次号、絶望的な状況で
活路は拓けるのか…!?

Zoe
May 14, 2008, 02:06 PM
:o

Kiri and El run, but eventually go back. Kiri and El get separated, with El grabbing onto Zezu's neck. Her seisures start, and he pins her to the ground. Zezu taunts them with seeing how long El can last. She starts to disappear as the chapter ends :(

Koen
May 14, 2008, 02:50 PM
thanks rhaps and thanks zoe

and it's indeed :o who'll come to help her. So he can touch el with troi, so the brings more mysteries surrounding the gazelle

rhapsody blue
May 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
I wonder how they will get out of this mess since it looks like Zezu has the upper hand and has Elle (or what left of her) as a hostage. If Kiri manages to grab her hand and stops her seizure, Zezu will definitely know that he is a big threat for Gazelle's plan and probably put Kiri as his group's top priority to stop.

Now I can't wait for the chapter to arrive.

Zoe
May 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hmm... Just realized chapter 7 should be the last chapter of the first volume, especially with a cliffhanger like that.

But that would mean the one-shots won't be reprinted. Argh.

Koen
May 14, 2008, 05:48 PM
I wonder how they will get out of this mess since it looks like Zezu has the upper hand and has Elle (or what left of her) as a hostage. If Kiri manages to grab her hand and stops her seizure, Zezu will definitely know that he is a big threat for Gazelle's plan and probably put Kiri as his group's top priority to stop.

Now I can't wait for the chapter to arrive.

Well I have been thiking the same, there's a lot of possibilities

so I think

1. Kiri is more powerfull than we think and he'll be able to do something at least - don't forget there's other sisters, heim(?), etc who he just have to touch.
2. Maybe Sui will jump in again but that's unlikely for me -she has had her role but you never know
3. This is my hope: a milita sister jumps in (or someone else at least). Andy? Maybe milita sisters are very strong and they can handle zezu (I hope the milita sister part is right - you know the fighting sisters)

But I agree it's very difficult to guess what will happen. I think zezus objective of seperating kiri from el is to get kiri in a corner he can't escape -> going to el to help her out is eventually a must. Zezu knew about the unsual hand holding. I wonder if kiri can control his power because I wonder what will happen if he touches zezu?

haya5h1
May 15, 2008, 12:03 AM
Hmm... Just realized chapter 7 should be the last chapter of the first volume, especially with a cliffhanger like that.

But that would mean the one-shots won't be reprinted. Argh.

or it might stop at ch 6 to make room for one one-shot...not nearly as nerve-wracking.

is バズゥ = Zezu? Or is Bazu a new guy who showed up?

Reading more of the spoiler, this is my speculation but it seems like Zezu/Bazu isn't afraid of catching Troi. Not sure if this is the same for all Gazelle. Or maybe they're confident enough in their skilz that they're sure the Sisters won't even be able to touch them. Then again, Zezu/Bazu doesn't seem to be human in the first place...

anyway, this sounds like the perfect opportunity for Sui to show up:notrust

LegACy
May 15, 2008, 01:14 AM
it read bazu...
No more sui, please, I really wanna see Kiri in action, it's been some times... Beside, I wanna know how will he use his artistic talent in an actual battle

Zoe
May 15, 2008, 08:12 AM
It's Zezu. I'm assuming Bazu is the typical 2ch practice of changing up character names.

haya5h1
May 16, 2008, 03:14 AM
oh, like how Elle was called Elly throughout...:XD

shrimpy
May 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
i don't think this is spoiler or anything, since it's based on previous ch.s too, but don't you think it's weird the hired guys didn't have protection? if they were killing sisters infected w/ troi i'd think they'd want to avoid getting it? ...so then, might the actual gazelle have their own immunity, perhaps passed on? or as zezu hinted last ch, maybe some remote chance exists they started it and are protecting its spread

Zoe
May 17, 2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry, looks like I got some things from the spoiler wrong, but... the general idea remains :(

Doc Astaroth
May 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
Or as zezu hinted last ch, maybe some remote chance exists they started it and are protecting its spread

So it seems... But then the question is: Why?

Do Gazelle think of Troi as a Will of God or Nature?
Do they get any advantages from this epidemic?

I think, it could be that some peoples survive the vanishing and get some special abilities through Troi! This could be the reason for Lucci´s Teleportion and abnorm strength (Look how far he could throw Elraine away with only one hand!)

shrimpy
May 17, 2008, 05:01 PM
survive the vanishing...you mean somehow survive troi?
that's possible, but then why would they be set on killing everyone? makes no sense...

i think it's more like a biological weapon, but given the time period (feudal-like) that may be way out of its realm...

LegACy
May 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
i think it's more like a biological weapon, but given the time period (feudal-like) that may be way out of its realm...
you're forgetting that it's a fantasy world, so those kind of illness can probably be created magically instead of technologically

Do Gazelle think of Troi as a Will of God or Nature?
Do they get any advantages from this epidemic?
What if... there's a special race that's immune to troi? may be it's like the fifth forgotten race or what, and by using Troi, they want to make that only their race remains...

Koen
May 17, 2008, 07:55 PM
Well there's really something strange

but the gazelle have a plan and that plan got to do with troi. It's obvious they want to take out the sisters. Why? Easy though troi can't be cured, the sisters at least are a weapon against it. So imo, I think sisters slows down the plan of the gazelle. The great thing: we can't know. But zezu touched el, no?

Kioras
May 18, 2008, 02:09 AM

If I had to place the time period, I would say it isn't feudal, more like early industrial.

I also thought about the amount of people who died from the disease over 600 years, 1 billion, and that amount of death seems a rather low rate for such a deadly disease.

Toboe LoneWolf
May 18, 2008, 02:43 AM
Well, the people who disappear with Troi...maybe they don't really disappear, but go somewhere? Or maybe they turn into or are used for some kind of "fuel" or "energy" for the Gazelle.

...And I'm kinda wondering why they're called the Gazelle. I mean, I keep thinking of the gazelle animal. And...seriously, is there ANYTHING linking them to the animal? Are there some sort of Japanese myths with them? ...Are they actually named for the gazelle animal, or did the Japanese just happen to come out that way? Uh, can someone tell me this?

ETA:

I also thought about the amount of people who died from the disease over 600 years, 1 billion, and that amount of death seems a rather low rate for such a deadly disease.

Well, if we take 1 billion to be 10^12, and the Black Plague to have a 75 million death count (over the course of a few centuries), 10^12/75000000 = 13333, so Troi would actually be significantly more deadly than the bubonic plague. It depends on if we're on the long scale or the short scale though, 1 billion could also mean 10^9, which 10^9/75000000 = 13.33, so. *shrugs* (Also, I'm using the total death count of the Black Death over a couple centuries, not over a single year.)

haya5h1
May 18, 2008, 04:48 AM
A disease whose final stage is making people disappear completely could be considered to be magical in nature, I think. As for why the Gazelle want to kill Kiri and Elraine's people, well... basic competition over land and resources is my guess.

The kana used for the villains is ガゼル, ga-ze-ru, so it just happens to sound like Gazelle. But there've not been any references to the actual animals, to answer your question... though it might be ironic wordplay, since the entire gazelle species is generally considered to be prey animals.

Doc Astaroth
May 18, 2008, 05:29 AM
you're forgetting that it's a fantasy world, so those kind of illness can probably be created magically instead of technologically

But on the other hand, there is Arthur C. Clarke´s Third Law!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Well, but it doesn´t matter, if it is now technology or magic... Troi is strange!!

(Uh, my English is so bad!)

hatsuharupeace
May 18, 2008, 06:53 AM
but the gazelle have a plan and that plan got to do with troi. It's obvious they want to take out the sisters. Why? Easy though troi can't be cured, the sisters at least are a weapon against it. So imo, I think sisters slows down the plan of the gazelle. The great thing: we can't know. But zezu touched el, no?

You forgot about one thing though, Zezu was wearing gloves, so he couldn't get infected by Troi. About the plan, maybe all the Gazelle members are just like Kiri, and have the ability to heal and empower.

The disappearance of Ellie was really strange though, I hardly think that would be caused by the seizures and the spread of Troi though. Maybe the fighter sisters have arrived?

Koen
May 18, 2008, 06:59 AM
You forgot about one thing though, Zezu was wearing gloves, so he couldn't get infected by Troi. About the plan, maybe all the Gazelle members are just like Kiri, and have the ability to heal and empower.

The disappearance of Ellie was really strange though, I hardly think that would be caused by the seizures and the spread of Troi though. Maybe the fighter sisters have arrived?

Well I have been thinking something along that too. It's obvious kiri was adopted so maybe with some gazelle, he's part of a race or is there any secret, a very rare 5th race?

xi0
May 18, 2008, 07:01 AM

But Troi is a disease that causes you to slowly disappear, of course the spreading and advancement of it would cause you to vanish.

hatsuharupeace
May 18, 2008, 07:02 AM
Uh-huh, that would be awesome actually, in terms of storyline depth, and character development. Maybe Kiri was *part* of Gazelle, with Gazelle being a group of the 5th race, before he was found by his parents right now, and adopted.

@xi0: Is it?? Oops, forgot about that, looks like my prediction can be scrapped then. :XD Thanks for clearing that up xi0.

haya5h1
May 18, 2008, 07:06 AM
Disappearing is the final stage of Troy. Elle had already started disappearing when she first met Kiri, so his power has been suppressing her "death throes" (for want of a better term) all this time.

The color spread from chapter 2 shows Elle and Kiri against contrasting backgrounds
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/haya5h1/jump/th_double_arts_002.jpg (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/haya5h1/jump/double_arts_002.jpg)
it seems to hint that Kiri may be from something that's opposite to Elle.

oh, and going back through the chapters, both the bumbling assassins were wearing gloves. But the first assassin took a direct hit on his chin from Elle's bare fist, so shouldn't he be fretting about getting Troi?

Koen
May 18, 2008, 07:09 AM
hmmm, is that just imagination

but on the background of kiri, the art structure reminds me some way to a gazelle

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/koenosaki/double_arts_002.jpg

look at this guy horns - they don't necessarily are right lined

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/koenosaki/ads50047-ThomsonsGazelleAntelope-Fa.jpg

the round that's made = are the eyes (pink), while when going up you have the horns (green)

a bit below, it's the nose (blue)

hatsuharupeace
May 18, 2008, 07:11 AM
The horn symbol on the wall looking like the horns of a gazelle?? Pretty similiar, but it could be there to mislead you. But there's always the possibilty.

LegACy
May 18, 2008, 08:37 AM
Wow, cool discovery koenosaki!

I've been thinking that Kiri might be a part of Gazelle, but well, it can't be, since Gazelle want to assassinate him. I mean, they must have known that Kiri is the fifth race from his immunity to troi...

BTW, shouldn't Zezu's power is also doubled when touching Kiri?

haya5h1
May 18, 2008, 08:42 AM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/koenosaki/ads50047-ThomsonsGazelleAntelope-Fa.jpg

the round that's made = are the eyes (pink), while when going up you have the horns (green)

a bit below, it's the nose (blue)
OMG you're right. I was thinking it was just a generic Evil-ish Face (TM).
*stares at the Thomson's Gazelle* Those horns and face markings vs the face on the wall are WAY too similar to be a coincidence. So maybe it IS "Gazelle" after all. I doubt Komi-sensei would go that far just to yank the carpet out and go "HAHA, RED HERRING GOTCHA"... I bet he purposely put it in for keen-eyed readers to find.

Zoe
May 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
It's obvious kiri was adopted

Why would his mother lie about the pregnancy story?

Koen
May 18, 2008, 05:42 PM
Why would his mother lie about the pregnancy story?

Well when the mother talked about her pregnancy, just reread chapter 5

you totally feel there's something that isn't right. I wouldn't be suprised if kiri was a baby left behind before their doors. Come on, he has powers but his parents are normal? Normally that should give you the feeling there's something that isn't right, I think the parents made kiri into a good boy with his special powers and he was educated well but kiris origin is somewhere else

Kioras
May 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
ETA:

Well, if we take 1 billion to be 10^12, and the Black Plague to have a 75 million death count (over the course of a few centuries), 10^12/75000000 = 13333, so Troi would actually be significantly more deadly than the bubonic plague. It depends on if we're on the long scale or the short scale though, 1 billion could also mean 10^9, which 10^9/75000000 = 13.33, so. *shrugs* (Also, I'm using the total death count of the Black Death over a couple centuries, not over a single year.)

Actually the black death, while very deadly, did not persist as much as Troi is in this universe, evolved immunities and changing conditions drastically reduced it's effectiveness over the centuries.

Using the numbers given, troi has an average of 1.7ish million deaths a year, worldwide, in an era, if we place population on the low end, comparing it to the middle ages, of 300-400million, it isn't a really significant number of people, atleast compared to those that will die to other normal causes.

I was thinking of comparing it to small pox, which in the 20th century alone killed several hundred million people before it was eliminated

Sherlock Holmes
May 18, 2008, 09:02 PM
I just came back(actually came back a couple days ago) from long two months without my computer. Anyway, I just started reading this. It's awesome!

But anyway, how longs does it take(normally) to scanlate a chapter/when is the raw released?

haya5h1
May 18, 2008, 09:22 PM
Well when the mother talked about her pregnancy, just reread chapter 5

you totally feel there's something that isn't right. I wouldn't be suprised if kiri was a baby left behind before their doors. Come on, he has powers but his parents are normal?

But like Zoe said, what reason do they have to lie to Elle?

I think the size difference between Mink and Urates may be THE clue to Kiri's ability. Perhaps Mink and Urates are of different races, and both races naturally possess a recessive gene for his ability that doesn't emerge when members of the races mate with their own race, but became dominant in Kiri because of his mixed blood.

I am not Gregor Mendel, but I have this that in the past, the 4 races lived separately because of distance or hostility. And only in the recent centuries - maybe unified by the Troi epidemic, maybe because of improved transportation - the races started to mix with each other, leading to mixed-race marriages.

You know how mix-breed mutts are (almost) always healthier than purebred dogs? So, my theory is, the early result of the race-mixing was the emergence of girls who have partial immunity to Troi. Girls who weren't identified as Sisters might have gone on to have children who carried recessive Troi-immunity genes that have the potential to become dominant if the people who have them mate with the right people.

Going by this theory, and assuming normal mutation rate, it's possible that all kinds of Troi-immunity genes could be going dominant. Kiri's generation might see the emergence of more kids who are immune to Troi, though probably not to the degree that Kiri is. The emergence of Elle as one of the most powerful Maille Sisters with an increased ability to tolerate Troi is also a sign.

The theorized "5th race" could therefore be a group of people who are all descendants of mixed-race pairings, who possess extraordinary abilities because of their mixed blood. The Gazelle might be a 5th race subgroup who have realized this, and are evilly making sure that only their race survives by ensuring that all the other races are wiped out by Troi. Therefore there might be nothing sinister at all about Kiri's ability - Komi might just be pointing out that he's genetically similar to the Gazelle but not necessarily destined to become a member of them.

Long way of saying, Kiri could be a fortuitious genetic mutant BECAUSE of his parents' unorthodox pairing.
[hr]

how longs does it take(normally) to scanlate a chapter/when is the raw released?
So far, the Double Arts raw is usually released on Saturdays/late Friday nights for people in the Western Hemisphere. Scanlations usually come out within a day.
if you're asking about scanlating in general, it can take anywhere from 1 to 6 hours for a normal 20-page chapter, depending on whether it's a speedscan or a MQ-HQ scan.

Koen
May 20, 2008, 05:34 PM
But like Zoe said, what reason do they have to lie to Elle?

I think the size difference between Mink and Urates may be THE clue to Kiri's ability. Perhaps Mink and Urates are of different races, and both races naturally possess a recessive gene for his ability that doesn't emerge when members of the races mate with their own race, but became dominant in Kiri because of his mixed blood.

I am not Gregor Mendel, but I have this that in the past, the 4 races lived separately because of distance or hostility. And only in the recent centuries - maybe unified by the Troi epidemic, maybe because of improved transportation - the races started to mix with each other, leading to mixed-race marriages.

You know how mix-breed mutts are (almost) always healthier than purebred dogs? So, my theory is, the early result of the race-mixing was the emergence of girls who have partial immunity to Troi. Girls who weren't identified as Sisters might have gone on to have children who carried recessive Troi-immunity genes that have the potential to become dominant if the people who have them mate with the right people.

Going by this theory, and assuming normal mutation rate, it's possible that all kinds of Troi-immunity genes could be going dominant. Kiri's generation might see the emergence of more kids who are immune to Troi, though probably not to the degree that Kiri is. The emergence of Elle as one of the most powerful Maille Sisters with an increased ability to tolerate Troi is also a sign.

The theorized "5th race" could therefore be a group of people who are all descendants of mixed-race pairings, who possess extraordinary abilities because of their mixed blood. The Gazelle might be a 5th race subgroup who have realized this, and are evilly making sure that only their race survives by ensuring that all the other races are wiped out by Troi. Therefore there might be nothing sinister at all about Kiri's ability - Komi might just be pointing out that he's genetically similar to the Gazelle but not necessarily destined to become a member of them.

First of all would you tell when keeping it secret while his son is sitting there? You can't know but maybe it's a secret between his father and his mother, just between the two. I don't say it is but my intuition says me there isn't something true or right. We know there are four races. But don't you think it's strange that all people living in that village are normal people, even sui of a race is still normal as not having some abnormal power.

Second what I think is strange: though the two previous attacker were "gazelle", they were normal and hired by someone. That someone seems to be special too like kiri. Imo it's a bit strange and somehow his powers will allow him too to avoid being affected by troi (zezu is so fast that a normal person will never be able to touch him and if so, they are very well dressed).

That's why I think: kiri just this opponent-gazelle/zezu and prolly other gazelles are part of one of the four races OR which I prefer more: a fifth forgotten race that was nearly to extinction because they were feared by the 4 races for their special powers (a reason why they are forgotten and why it is said there are only 4 races). The gazelle are talking about a plan and troy. Don't forget being immune ca be something natural but zezu hasn't seen kiris boost power yet, so he might change thoughts about kiri when seeing that (eg: is he one of us???, etc)
[hr]
unstickied this thread ~koenosaki

Sexy Randal 105
May 20, 2008, 09:59 PM
I wonder how long it will take this manga to truly get going. I can't wait until it develops it's story and characters further. I expect great things. It's got a great start so far.

rhapsody blue
May 21, 2008, 09:01 AM
The spoiler guy has posted a short spoiler.

シスターと手をつないでフレアが発動し、ゼズゥの手から逃れる→ゼズゥがフレアの能力に気づく→ゼズゥ帰る

According to babelfish, it looks like Kiri did something. :)

Koen
May 21, 2008, 09:26 AM
ah very short spoiler but anyway thanks a lot rhaps but

aren't those things we can come up with too :D - but if this is true then I wonder

what kiri exactly did to zezu

rhapsody blue
May 21, 2008, 11:27 AM
I think it is true b/c it was from the same guy and all of his spoilers were confirmed in the past chapters.

Flare is mentioned a lot but I will let someone translates the spoiler accurately. ^^
[hr]
The script and camshots are out!

第9話 "そして彼は歩き出す"

蹴りを入れてもビクともしないゼズゥ
地面に転がってるソバカスシスターに蹴りをいれ、吹き飛ばします

キリは自分の不甲斐なさを嘆きます
すると、別のシスターがナイフをとってゼズゥに向かっていきます
ハッと何かに気づいたキリ

キリ「手をっ!!」

シスターと手をつないで  フ  レ  ア  !  ! 
シスターはそのままゼズゥに攻撃を仕掛けます

ゼズゥ(…なんだ? 急に動きが良くなった…腕力まで…)

キリ、ゼズゥの手から逃れますが、シスターはゼズゥの蹴りで倒れてしまいます
キリはゼズゥにパンチ
当たった瞬間、ゼズゥは何かを感じます

ゼズゥ(なんだ!?こいつは一体…この感覚は………!!)

でも、攻撃は全然効いてません
すると、ローズが矢を放ちます
その隙にエルーの元へいくキリ
手足が消えてましたが、なんとか戻りました

ゼズゥ「小僧…お前 どうして"この力"を持ってる…?」
ゼズゥ(…間違えない さっきの力は確かにオレの知ってる物だった
    トロイを抑えるってのはこれのことだったのか
    だがなぜだ? なぜ このガキがその力を持ってる?
    唯一無二の物のハズだろ)
ゼズゥ「予定変更だな…」
ゼズゥ「おい小僧 お前に少し興味が沸いた
    今日の所は生かしておいてやるよ」
キリ「おい待て!(以下略」
ゼズゥ「まぁ 当分退屈はしねぇだろうから安心しろよ
    これからはお前んとには ガゼルの使者…
    お前等のいう ガゼルの暗殺者がわんさかやってくるだろうからな
    お前を殺すかどうかは 次に会った時に決めてやる…
    せいぜい頑張って生き残れ」
ゼズゥ(…お前がそれをどう使うのか 楽しみだ) ニヤリ

ゼズゥは去っていきました
後はみんなで協会の修復です

キリは自分のせいで他の人がケガしてしまったのを悔やんでいます
エルーはあなたのせいじゃないと庇います
ひとりのシスターがキリを呼びます

シスター「ひとつだけ…どうしても言っておくことが…」
キリ「・・・ごめん オレのせいでみんなが・・・」
シスター「ありがとう!!
     あなたのおかげでみんな生き残る事ができた…!
     本当にありがとうございます…!!
     あの時キリさん達が戻ってきてくれなかったら…
     きっとみんな殺されてたから…だから…!
     逃げてくれって頼んだのは私達だけど…
     私…みんなが生きてくれて本当に嬉しかったから…
     ありがとう…!!」
キリ「………… オレは…!」
エルー「キリさん あなたが選んだんですよ…?
    あなたが戻る事を決めたんです
    周りの言葉も振り切って…
    あなたのした事は無駄なんかじゃない
    事情はどうあれ結果的にみんなを守ったのはあなたなんです…」

今思えば
 私達の旅が
 始まったのは
 この時からだ

ガゼルメンバー
 ルーシー・ゼズゥ
 との邂逅

そして

キリ「…オレはそれでも こんな思いは二度とゴメンだ
   守られるのも… オレのために誰かが傷つくのも
   だったら…オレは…!」

君は
 この時に

それが辛い道だと
 知っててなお

君は
 歩いて行くことを
 決めたんだ

そしてそれは
 やっぱり

正しかったんだって
 今でも思うよ

第9話…おわり

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Double%20Arts/01.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Double%20Arts/02.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Double%20Arts/03.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Double%20Arts/04.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Double%20Arts/05.jpg

caesarpk
May 21, 2008, 11:53 AM
Interesting chapter! I think there's a regular translator sort of for this series so I will stay away...anyways, looks like Kiri's power of Flare is certainly linked to that of a Gazelle
thanks!

Koen
May 21, 2008, 12:06 PM
So I was so

RIGHT, I knew kiri was linked with the gazelle. I got that inuition. Anyway caesarpk I don't think someone would mind to translate a short summary. It's the chaps that are be done by shrimpy. I think I have seen some others giving script translations. And zezu really looks suprised as he can't do anything(not as be unable to move but more like must tell this to the co-gazelle members before doing something stupid because he doesn't know) - btw was kiri able to touch zezu while other couldn't prolly vanish -> was kiri faster? did it got to do with his power?

thanks rhaps and caesarpk

caesarpk
May 21, 2008, 12:46 PM
第9話 "そして彼は歩き出す"
Chapter 9: And so he begins walking

キリは自分の不甲斐なさを嘆きます
すると、別のシスターがナイフをとってゼズゥに向かっていきます
ハッと何かに気づいたキリ
Kiri can't do anything to Zezu, but when a sister, golding a knife, rushed toward Zezu he said,

キリ「手をっ!!」
You hand!
シスターと手をつないで  フ  レ  ア  !  ! 
シスターはそのままゼズゥに攻撃を仕掛けます

Zezu is surprised, but when Kiri punches him, he

ゼズゥ(なんだ!?こいつは一体…この感覚は………!!)
Zezu: What? What the heck is this...this feeling...!

Kiri's punch didn't hurt zezu, but as Rose fired a arrow, he manages to save Elle

ゼズゥ「小僧…お前 どうして"この力"を持ってる…?」
ゼズゥ(…間違えない さっきの力は確かにオレの知ってる物だった
    トロイを抑えるってのはこれのことだったのか
    だがなぜだ? なぜ このガキがその力を持ってる?
    唯一無二の物のハズだろ)
Zezu: Hey, kid...why do you have this "power" ?
(THere's no mistaking it...this power is something i certainly know...blahblah...this supposed to be a unique power

ゼズゥ「予定変更だな…」
ゼズゥ「おい小僧 お前に少し興味が沸いた
    今日の所は生かしておいてやるよ」
Zezu says that he will let Kiri live for now
キリ「おい待て!(以下略」
ゼズゥ「まぁ 当分退屈はしねぇだろうから安心しろよ
    これからはお前んとには ガゼルの使者…
    お前等のいう ガゼルの暗殺者がわんさかやってくるだろうからな
    お前を殺すかどうかは 次に会った時に決めてやる…
    せいぜい頑張って生き残れ」
blah
ゼズゥ(…お前がそれをどう使うのか 楽しみだ) ニヤリ
Zezu: how will you use it...I'm highly interested...smirk

キリは自分のせいで他の人がケガしてしまったのを悔やんでいます
エルーはあなたのせいじゃないと庇います
ひとりのシスターがキリを呼びます
Kiri is depressed for what happened, and Elle conforts him
シスター「ひとつだけ…どうしても言っておくことが…」
キリ「・・・ごめん オレのせいでみんなが・・・」
シスター「ありがとう!!
     あなたのおかげでみんな生き残る事ができた…!
     本当にありがとうございます…!!
     あの時キリさん達が戻ってきてくれなかったら…
     きっとみんな殺されてたから…だから…!
     逃げてくれって頼んだのは私達だけど…
     私…みんなが生きてくれて本当に嬉しかったから…
     ありがとう…!!」
キリ「………… オレは…!」
エルー「キリさん あなたが選んだんですよ…?
    あなたが戻る事を決めたんです
    周りの言葉も振り切って…
    あなたのした事は無駄なんかじゃない
    事情はどうあれ結果的にみんなを守ったのはあなたなんです…」
Sisters thank Kiri

今思えば
 私達の旅が
 始まったのは
 この時からだ
If I think back now
Our Journey
Has began
from this point on

ガゼルメンバー
 ルーシー・ゼズゥ
 との邂逅

そして

キリ「…オレはそれでも こんな思いは二度とゴメンだ
   守られるのも… オレのために誰かが傷つくのも
   だったら…オレは…!」

君は
 この時に

それが辛い道だと
 知っててなお

君は
 歩いて行くことを
 決めたんだ

そしてそれは
 やっぱり

正しかったんだって
 今でも思うよ

Blah(Elle's reminiscent)
第9話…おわり
[hr]
I forgot the spoiler tag...and the Edit function is not working(whenever I try to edit it doesn't work)
[hr]
it says
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_editor.php on line 93

did the spoiler tags for you, ~koenosaki

rhapsody blue
May 21, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the summary!

I wonder what the Gazelle are planning since Zezu leta Kiri go.

Koen
May 21, 2008, 05:32 PM
Got those questions too

but kiri stands for special power and gazelle seems to stand for an orgainzation with special powered people. Troi is part of their plan but zezu doesn't know and I think he'll need to talk with the others