PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Old Spoilers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Cybernin
July 09, 2008, 09:16 PM
Can't make out the full translation, but seems like Cross is talking about the 14th Noah and Mana.

rhapsody blue
July 09, 2008, 09:25 PM
According to babelfish, Cross calls Allen the "14th", but I am taking that with a grain of salt until a translator translates it.

descendant
July 09, 2008, 09:27 PM
maybe cross refers to the shadow that has been sticking to allen

TitaniumChloride
July 09, 2008, 10:23 PM
Translation (My Japanese friend's translation):

The first half is reminiscence.

The latter half
Cross: The only one who was loyal to No. 14 when he got killed by the Milennium Earl after betraying the Noah, was Mana Walker.

Cross: When No.14 died, I promised that I will protect Mana. Because if I do so, you promised me you would return to Mana, Allen. No, 'No. 14'.

/translation

rhapsody blue
July 09, 2008, 10:39 PM
New spoiler?

補足バレ

アレンは14番目の記憶を移植された人間、14番目が現世に復活するための宿主

だって

Digital_Eon
July 09, 2008, 10:48 PM
*dies*

WHY. WHY NOT MANA.

Oh, aside from that, sounds epic, I'm going to die because I can't stand a two-day wait. Part of me kinda hopes it's fake, though - IMO, better have Mana as the 14th and Allen NOT a Noah. But hey, this sounds pretty awesome anyway.

descendant
July 09, 2008, 11:13 PM
o_0 but if Allen is the 14th that means he's a Noah so how come he is compatible with the innocence when he is a Noah?? i'm confused o_0

Hitsugaya_333
July 09, 2008, 11:21 PM
o_0 but if Allen is the 14th that means he's a Noah so how come he is compatible with the innocence when he is a Noah?? i'm confused o_0

His human, or "white/light" side is compatible with Innocence.

descendant
July 09, 2008, 11:30 PM
His human, or "white/light" side is compatible with Innocence.

owh that's an interesting hypothesis u have there ^^

by the looks of the spoiler this chapter is only up to cross calling allen the 14th
and that means we will still have to wait for the next chapter for more explaination
:darn

Hitsugaya_333
July 09, 2008, 11:33 PM
owh that's an interesting hypothesis u have there ^^

by the looks of the spoiler this chapter is only up to cross calling allen the 14th
and that means we will still have to wait for the next chapter for more explaination
:darn

Well, think about it. Noah have human and Noah sides. And we know that humans are compatible with Innocence.

Seem like the chapter will be short, doesn't it?

descendant
July 09, 2008, 11:45 PM
Well, think about it. Noah have human and Noah sides. And we know that humans are compatible with Innocence.

Seem like the chapter will be short, doesn't it?

the 14th that the Earl killed is probably the human that the 14th has been residing in so maybe after that the 14th resides in Allen who was already born with innocence :p
wonder if allen will have the stigmata like the other noah

from the translation put up by TitaniumChloride, the first half of the chapter is only reminiscence so i think it's going to be short

hoshino katsura really knows how to capture the reader's attention and make us anticipate the next chapter :tem

Hitsugaya_333
July 09, 2008, 11:48 PM
Are you saying that instead of Allen being a Noah with a white and a black side that he's a human with the 14th's black/Noah side in him?

TitaniumChloride
July 10, 2008, 12:02 AM
Translation of the new short spoiler (the spoiler is only the middle bit):

Allen is the person who the 14th transferred his memories into, for the sake of resurrecting the 14th.

Edit: A more literal translation for the second half of the spoiler is 'he's the host for the sake of resurrecting the 14th into the present world'.

descendant
July 10, 2008, 12:11 AM
owh another spoiler.. then that means that allen is not the 14th but instead has the memories of the 14th??
but what does it mean for the sake of resurrecting the 14th??
and the shadow that has been following him around... isn't that is the 14th?

could allen's situation be the same like skin bolic in this chapter here (http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/32/02/) where the noah inside him (skin bolic) awaken when he was 25 and the earl said "it's the memories engraved into your genes"

:darn urgh too many theories spinning in my head

Digital_Eon
July 10, 2008, 12:17 AM
Gee, this is starting to sound very familiar... (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=574942&postcount=557)

Considering that we've have two fake spoilers of that before, I'm starting to doubt the credibility of this one. Those ones also said that Mana wasn't the 14th, and the first one had the same thing about Allen's memories.

So forgive me for being skeptical for the time being.

descendant
July 10, 2008, 12:24 AM
maybe the spoiler is true after all... hoho

Dofla
July 10, 2008, 05:15 AM
Allen & Mana

http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/913/266a029127907.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/266a029127907/)

descendant
July 10, 2008, 05:40 AM
so that is Mana??!!!!

:blink -_-;

is that really allen? he.. doesn't look..ermm.. polite? err i mean innocent looking :eyeroll

Koen
July 10, 2008, 06:10 AM
Picture looks pretty cool but is that allen and mana for real :blink

well allen got his grey hair later on

Dofla
July 10, 2008, 06:14 AM
Picture looks pretty cool but is that allen and mana for real :blink

well allen got his grey hair later on

It's what emoticon guy says but maybe i misunderstood him ^^'

Shaddix
July 10, 2008, 06:18 AM
Well...I predicted (and some others) that Allen was a Noah long time ago...so no surprise. ^^
And now that it is confirmed I dare to predict: Tyki will become an exorcist, or at least one of the good guys. Now that we know Allen is a Noah and he's compatible with Innocence, Tyki could be the same. He has human friends and the potential to be one of the good guys.

Dofla
July 10, 2008, 06:40 AM
That's exactly what was posted (roughly translated by me):

アレンとマナ
Allen & Mana
http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/913/266a029127907.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/266a029127907/)
回想は二人が同じサーカスにいた時の話
There are two flashback and one occurs at the circus
最初アレンの話し方とか態度で、神田の子供の頃かと思った
Spoiler provider comment: From Allen's way to talk and attitude/manners i thought first that it was Kanda's childhood.

onutzikmik
July 10, 2008, 06:54 AM
Now that's...disturbing

Marwim
July 10, 2008, 06:59 AM
Wow, what a interesting chapter....

Thanks for info, images, etc.

Allen a Noah... I always believed than the Noah was Mana.

Andzu
July 10, 2008, 07:06 AM
But this Allen in the picture looks a lot like Kanda%) No sense, of course *sigh*
Oh I know, they are brothers! ...just kidding)))

addenza
July 10, 2008, 07:18 AM
Cool~~ So Allen is really the 14th.. For now, anyway, until there's further verification..
Oh man, I'm so looking forward to the new chapter!!! And little Allen looks rather.. aloof and different from his present self, anyway(: Oh, and I like his spiked/messy brown hair too! <3

I shall get up early on Saturday to read the newest chapter! ^^

descendant
July 10, 2008, 07:22 AM
yeah let's hope someone scanlate it real fast
Binktopia surprisingly scanlate the previous chapter pretty fast than usual
so let's hope that it'll be the same for this chapter ^^

Cybernin
July 10, 2008, 07:29 AM
Everyone is starting to say that Allen is the 14th Noah (ie. the reborn 14th). Based on how I read the translations of the spoilers, it says nothing about Allen having the power of the 14th Noah, as if his skin is going to become gray and get a row of stigmata. It only says that Allen has the 14th MEMORIES (ie. knowledge/understanding) which explains how he knew how to control the ark. It seems more logical now that the 'shadow' is some kind of manifestation of the 14th.

Also, if Mana is that clown, it may begin to explain why Allen's Innocence took the form of a clown.

kat_at_heart
July 10, 2008, 07:40 AM
omg Mana looks really ugly and freaky. (I hate clowns)
As for Allen possessing the 14ths memories I think that everyone here can say that it was quite predictable I mean it has been hinted for along time now.

Shaddix
July 10, 2008, 07:41 AM
@Cybernin
Remember that the Noah powers are transferred by memories, so if he has the memory, he would have the power. And if they sealed his arm could be because he would awake his powers by the struggle of emotions.
Also remember that when fighting in the Ark, the Earl appeared, Allen tried to kill him and Cross stopped him saying: "DON'T FIGHT THE EARL WITH HATE"
I guess that hate could awake his Noah and they doon't want that to happen.

maloose
July 10, 2008, 07:50 AM
No way, is that really Allen?! I didn't read the 1st vols, I watched the anime. In it Allen was reminiscing when Mana found him and he was a cute innocent white-haired little boy back then!
So now what? did anime makers make that up themselves? :blink

endless_dream
July 10, 2008, 07:59 AM
I'm so looking forward to this chapter~!! ^-^

Little Allen doesn't really look innocent as he had been just before Mana died but still he's cute in a way...according to the spoilers, does it mean that Allen himself is the 14th memories?? If it is, wouldn't the plot be somewhat similar to Hoshino's oneshot manga, Zone, the one featured in Gray Ark?

hideseeker
July 10, 2008, 08:50 AM
Erm.. his white hair came after Mana became an Akuma. His hair was brown before that.

Seta Soujirou
July 10, 2008, 09:42 AM
Geez...mana look like crap from the earl...but it will be cool if allen is a noah...torn between darkness and light...family and friends...good and evil...

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, a lot of posting while I was asleep. :blink

I think that camshot is when Allen first met Mana; he probably was ill-mannered because he was not raised by anyone and he may used it as way to protect himself from being teased about his left arm. I guess Mana will befriend him and will teach him some manners. :amuse
[hr]
I forgot to post this spoiler :sweat

Source: 2ch (産業, but the ID is the same as てす ◆yQongahxCI )
Verification: True?

マナは14番目の実の兄だって

それでアレンは14番目だって

ピエロみたいなのがマナだっけ?

According to babelfish, Mana is actually the 14th's older brother

Teeba
July 10, 2008, 10:01 AM
^ That makes MUCH more sense! Also, we have to remember the only other time we've seen Allen as a kid is when he was mourning Mana..which is s a very sad state indeed. Besides, there are plenty of people who used to be rowdy when they were little--I don't see why Allen had to be a saint straight out the womb anyway.

Edit to Rhapsody Blue's edit: OMG what??? O.O

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 10:20 AM
Well, if I read babelfish translation correctly, the first line states that Mana is his older brother (white side, I presume). It does explain why Mana is still loyal to the 14th after the earl killed him (blood is thicker than water). Maybe the 14th betrayed the earl because he wanted to protect Mana? He did make a request to Cross, asking him to protect Mana.

We will find out whether it's true or not when the chapter is out.

neomaster121
July 10, 2008, 11:04 AM
lol mana looks... well you all know how he looks

descendant
July 10, 2008, 11:07 AM
so mana is the 14th brother...
i wonder how mana knows that allen is the 14th when he adopted him
or rather... how did the 14th memories was transferred to allen
there still must be some connection between them

1337Shinigami
July 10, 2008, 12:01 PM
Have no memory of his real parents. Only knew that he was an abandon child. Before activiating his Innocence at the age of 10, he couldn't move his left arm. aorin from D.Gray Divinity on character profile from the fan book on Allen

Allen's left arm is in his pants pocket. Fanbook says his arm didn't move till after Mana being a akuma. Why would someone who reminds you of Kanda bother to stuff his weird arm in his pants.

bleach91
July 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
from 2ch

アレン部屋に入るとクロス、ラビ、見張りがいる

ラビ曰く、この見張りは中央庁の暗部で活動する特殊部隊「鴉」
コムイが中央庁を脅威に感じるのはこの部隊の影響が大きい
その戦闘力はズバ抜けている

アレン「マナは14番目と関わりがあったんですね」
クロス「ああ 14番目には血を分けた実の兄がいた
14番目がノアを裏切り千年伯爵に殺される瞬間までずっとそばにいた ただひとりの人物
それがマナ・ウォーカーだ」

アレン「兄弟…マナと14番目が 師匠はずっと前から知ってたんだ…?」
クロス「知ってたさずっと オレは14番目が死ぬときマナを見守り続けることを奴を約束した
そうしていればいつか必ずマナのもとに帰ってくるとお前がオレに約束したからだ アレン」

クロス「いや? “14番目”」

リナリーとジョニーが、アレンが戻ってくるまで待ってようっていう感じの場面がはいる

ラビ(今 何て言いやがった)
クロス「覚醒はまだだろうが自分の内に14番目の存在を感じ始めてるんじゃないのかアレン」
アレン「は?何を言って…」
クロス「とぼけんな お前は奏者の唄を知っていた それは奴の記憶だ
お前は14番目の記憶を移植された人間 14番目が現世に復活するための宿主だ」
険しい顔のアレン

煽り アレン 衝撃!

gorbal
July 10, 2008, 12:06 PM
aorin from D.Gray Divinity on character profile from the fan book on Allen

Allen's left arm is in his pants pocket. Fanbook says his arm didn't move till after Mana being a akuma. Why would someone who reminds you of Kanda bother to stuff his weird arm in his pants.

He would have learned to juggle with one hand if that were the case...he seemed to be able to move his hand before his hair turned white though, perhaps that is a mistranslation.

Kalorii
July 10, 2008, 12:17 PM
He would have learned to juggle with one hand if that were the case...he seemed to be able to move his hand before his hair turned white though, perhaps that is a mistranslation.

But in the novel, the fact that he couldn't move his arm was implied as well.

That's right. When I came here before, a nerve on my left hand was paralyzed. I couldn't even move one finger.

Even if the hand is limp, so long as you can move your left arm, it's not hard to stuff a hand into a pocket.

Zibi234
July 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
Maybe the picture showes us the young 14th noah (manas younger brother) and mana (elder brother)

Since Allen was smaller and younger from the picture boy ^^ not mention somehow able to move his left arm and brown/dark hair (but well who knows ^^)

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
:offtopic From what I read from Timcanpi's translation of the novel, Allen could use his left arm. It became paralyzed after he activated his Innocence for the first time, which is why he had to undergo physical therapy with Mother aka playing poker.

Anyway, according to babelfish,
- Lavi is in the room
- Something about Komui
- The next couple of lines are the same as the first two spoilers and the last one I posted.
- Mana and the 14th are siblings. I might read the translation incorrectly: the 14th or Mana is the older brother
- Lenalee and Johnny are waiting for Allen to return
- Cross asks Allen if he feels the 14th's presence
- Allen has a serious face
- Fanning: Allen is shocked! <- Thanks to Dofla for the suggestion :amuse

Punky fish
July 10, 2008, 01:24 PM
- Fanning: The impact on Allen (I am guessing here since babelfish just says: "Allen impact")

So what does this actually mean? "impact" is quite new word for me (can't use it yet), so could you explain whats happening?

//Thanks Zibi234 and rhapsody blue, that really helped^^

Zibi234
July 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
Impact you can tell that Allen got a big shock ^^ Well you not everyday learn that he is bond to become a future 14th noah ,that his existance was planed and that mana was releated by blood with first orginal 14th ^^

Normaly his whole world started to crumble ;/ Now I wonder how Lavi will react for the same truth about Allen and will he be the one who will tell Lenalee and Johnny the truth (will they start to look different at Allen from now on maybe even avoid him) or will he wait till Allen will tell it by himself

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 01:34 PM
The best way I can define it is how it affects Allen

dictionary.com defines "impact" (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/impact) as:

verb: 9. to have an impact or effect on; influence; alter:

Noun: 3. The effect or impression of one thing on another:
4. The power of making a strong, immediate impression:

I picked the definitions that best fit the situation. Hope that helps!

I wonder what will Lavi do as well. He might keep it as a secret due to his Bookman duties and to protect Allen. If he does tell Lenalee and Johnny, I think they would be shocked at first and try to be supportive. Their reasoning could be that Allen is Allen; he is their friend, etc.

Koen
July 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
Looks pretty good, we get to know more about the 14th, allen and mana. No coincidence cross will have his important role too since he adopted allen. I think cross told everything he knew to lerevellier (was that his name?).

Lavi will indeed just stand there, recording it but it won't be easy for him. Danger to fall out his role?

Zibi234
July 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
Well Lenalee and Johnny mostly will still really care for Allen since he is their friend for long time now but what about others... Chaouji will still remember Anita -san and that Noah killed her and many of his friends , science group could see him different since becouse of lulubell (noah) many of their friends died (half of the stuff)

Well the one most in pain will be Allen after all ^^ I wonder if Road inner noah felt some presance of Allens noah that's why Road is somehow clingy to Allen (since its like he was from familly)

Heh maybe later she will try to convince Allen to go to their side ^^ but the inocence might be a blocker to prevent for betraying 14th decission ^^

Damn cant wait for the chatper ^^ sad that I had to wait almost 2month for this !

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
Allen is definitely going to feel shocked by this revelation, but I wonder if he is also upset with Cross. The general did promise the 14th that he will protect Mana, but Mana died (in the anime, it is implied that a carriage struck him). Does that mean that Cross was watching Mana and Allen the entire time or until Mana found Allen?

Allen's impression of Mana is ruined by Cross's answers (I don't want to use "revelation" over and over again). He always thought that he wanted to become an exorcist to redeem himself for making Mana an akuma, but now he is probably wondering if this was planned all along (e.g. his meeting Mana, his calling Mana back, etc.).

Dofla
July 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
The best way I can define it is how it affects Allen

衝撃 (しょうげき~shougeki) means "impact" but it has an other meaning, that i think is more accurate to the situation, and it's "shock".

What do you think about "Allen is shocked" ?

Teeba
July 10, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'd be shocked too!! Most probably that statement explains the last panel of the last page or something. :P

I think for Allen....damng, that seriously sucks. But hey, the whole brothers thing is such a interesting plot twist!

Lavi will be stunned, but I don't think he'll tell Lenalee or Johnny. Chances are he'll stay true to the Bookman code until Lenalee finds out he was there and beats him into telling her something nasty arises which will cause him to defend Allen. Or something. Heck, I'm surprised Lenalee and Johnny and Komui are even shown...maybe this means we'll see them in the next chapter as well? *imagines Lenalee breaking into Lvellie's quarters and demanding what he's done with Allen*

hopeandlight
July 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
had a feeling mana wasn't the 14th but
14th and Mana being brothers
didn't see that coming

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
had a feeling mana wasn't the 14th but
14th and Mana being brothers
didn't see that coming

Same here. I wrote a theory (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=679574#post679574) that Mana knew the 14th, but I did not expect them to be related at all.

Lenalee Lee
July 10, 2008, 05:31 PM
This..This... will be a shocking chapter for me!!! *tears*

kewl0210
July 10, 2008, 07:46 PM
アレン部屋に入るとクロス、ラビ、見張りがいる
Allen enters the room with Cross. Lavi is at the look-out.

ラビ曰く、この見張りは中央庁の暗部で活動する特殊部隊「鴉」
Lavi explains the backstory, this lookout is where the central agency's
darkside's activity is, the special military forced "Crow" [Karasu]
コムイが中央庁を脅威に感じるのはこの部隊の影響が大きい
その戦闘力はズバ抜けている
Komui senses a threat from the cental agency that this unit's forces are
great
That force's strength is by far the best.

アレン「マナは14番目と関わりがあったんですね」
Allen: "There's a connection between Mana and the 14th, isn't there."
クロス「ああ 14番目には血を分けた実の兄がいた
Cross: "Yes, the 14th's blood is different, he's really his older brother.
14番目がノアを裏切り千年伯爵に殺される瞬間までずっとそばにいた ただひと
りの人物
The 14th betrayed the Noah and was always near the point of killing the
Millennium Earl. He was merely a lonely person.
それがマナ・ウォーカーだ」
That is Mana Walker."

アレン「兄弟マナと14番目が 師匠はずっと前から知ってたんだ?」
Allen: "Mana and the 14th were siblings, did master always know about this?"
クロス「知ってたさずっと オレは14番目が死ぬときマナを見守り続けることを
奴を約束した
Cross: "I always knew. At the time the 14th died I arranged to continue
to guard over that person.
そうしていればいつか必ずマナのもとに帰ってくるとお前がオレに約束したから
だ アレン」
And with that there would certainly be a time when I would return to Mana's
origins and you made arrangements with me, Allen."

クロス「いや? “14番目”」
Cross: "No? "The 14th.""

リナリーとジョニーが、アレンが戻ってくるまで待ってようっていう感じの場面
がはいる
Lenalee and Jhonny, until Allen comes back, are waiting and a scene of their
feelings is shown.

ラビ(今 何て言いやがった)
Lavi: (Now, that sort of talk I hate.)
クロス「覚醒はまだだろうが自分の内に14番目の存在を感じ始めてるんじゃない
のかアレン」
Cross: "The awakening hasn't happened yet, inside yourself you're starting
to feel the 14th's existence, aren't you?"
アレン「は?何を言って」
Allen: "Ha? What are you saying?"
クロス「とぼけんな お前は奏者の唄を知っていた それは奴の記憶だ
お前は14番目の記憶を移植された人間 14番目が現世に復活するための宿主だ」

Cross: "I feigned ignorance, you knew the musician's song, that is his memory.
You are the one the 14th has planted his memory into. The host to bring
the 14th into the present world's age."
険しい顔のアレン
Grimfaced Allen

煽り アレン 衝撃!
Narrator: Allen in shock!

This should raise more questions... And answer some...
Allen has the 14th's memories. But it's also written sorta like he IS the 14th. So I'm still not sure if they're saying he'll be like an actual Noah or not. Since afterall, the Noahs are all made what they are based on the original Noah's memories.

descendant
July 10, 2008, 08:23 PM
what is happening to Allen is like what was happening to skin bolic during the flashback when he fought kanda in chapter 96, the earl said it's the memory engraved into the genes, and inchapter 98 road said that the noah's memory is too strong in skin
so maybe they become noah because of the memory instead of being posessed by the noah

hideseeker
July 10, 2008, 08:56 PM
I was under the impression that Noahs were born because they had the genes, not memory. Then you have the Millenium Earl refering to Allen as the 14th. So Allen a Noah or not? And how come the Innocence can cohabit with a Noah if Allen is indeed a Noah?

descendant
July 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
I was under the impression that Noahs were born because they had the genes, not memory. Then you have the Millenium Earl refering to Allen as the 14th. So Allen a Noah or not? And how come the Innocence can cohabit with a Noah if Allen is indeed a Noah?

well my impression is that the noah resides within a normal human being and awaken when the time comes. like skin bolic, he was awaken when he was 25 years old, he had dreams and then the stigmata and finally became a noah.

as for how innocence can cohabit a Noah, well the innocence doesnt cohabit the noah, it cohabits allen, the human side and since the noah hasnt awaken yet so there's no knowing what effect will it have on the noah :p

rhapsody blue
July 10, 2008, 11:09 PM
Crow are definitely there b/c Central sees Allen as a threat. Malcolm may order them to kill Allen if he tries to escape or as soon as he transforms into a Noah. Hopefully, Komui will protect Allen since he joins the Black Order to help the exorcists.

It seems that Cross is more gentle and apologetic toward Allen due to his speech and mannerism. Based on the translation, he really cares about the 14th and was eager for his return. The 14th was so close to killing the earl, but I guess the earl was too powerful for him so he has Allen as a "back-up". When Allen regain all of the Noah's memory, I guess he will complete the 14th's will in killing the earl.

Maybe Allen's black side will focus on fulfilling the 14th's will while the white side will focus on protecting the human and saving the akuma. When Allen realizes what he wants (that is what Link and Back say is his problem), maybe both sides will merge and he will become gray (hence the manga title). Well, that is my theory for the day. :p

If I were Allen, I would freak out b/c Noah is well-known for working with the earl. Anyone who did not know about the 14th's betrayal will assume that he will join the earl if they find out that the he is the 14th. Allen is most likely going to try to prevent the memories from entering his mind so he won't be a Noah, but I think he will fail.

Lavi seems to pity Allen, but I don't know if he will tell Lenalee and Johnny. I think he will tell only Bookman about what he has seen and heard unless the other two find out that he was there and bug him.

descendant
July 10, 2008, 11:16 PM
poor allen
after all that he has done this is what he gets
and whenever he faces the earl the hatred grows
i guess his noah is going to be awakened during his fight with the earl

Dofla
July 11, 2008, 02:45 AM
7pics:
http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/d5988b9177737.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d5988b9177737) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/13f64f9177739.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/13f64f9177739) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/c3953d9177741.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c3953d9177741) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/57d3809177743.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/57d3809177743) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/99baf29177745.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/99baf29177745) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/1755e29177747.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/1755e29177747) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/918/a2fceb9177749.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a2fceb9177749)

hashire
July 11, 2008, 02:52 AM
Wat. I'm not too sure what's going on, but it seems like Allen's being bratty until the end. At which I laugh. It's weird seeing him with darker hair.

Still can't get over the clown thing. Freaky as hell.

Punky fish
July 11, 2008, 03:19 AM
Awwww, Allen was so cute<3 And so cool *o* I had no idea that Allen could have been so rude^^

onutzikmik
July 11, 2008, 03:30 AM
Who's the boy with long hair??? Is that the 14th?

Tomodachi69
July 11, 2008, 04:13 AM
Who's the boy with long hair??? Is that the 14th?

Probably. On that page, Cross is talking about the 14th and Mana, so it's most likely a picture of the siblings.

Jujubie
July 11, 2008, 05:06 AM
When Allen realizes what he wants (that is what Link and Back say is his problem), maybe both sides will merge and he will become gray (hence the manga title).

I've always thought D.Gray-man stood for Dorian Gray man from the novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

Fallen.
July 11, 2008, 05:59 AM
Lol It doesn't matter if allens an exorcist,he just has the memories of the 14th but he might get some powers from the memories, like the songs etc.

KaNx
July 11, 2008, 06:02 AM
Spoilers for the next DGM chapter are gladly seen here. So post some if you find spoilers.

BUT NO SPOILERS AND/OR DISCUSSIONS ABOUT IT OUTSIDE THIS SPOILER THREAD!!!

rhapsody blue
July 16, 2008, 08:34 PM
from 2ch:

クロス「方舟で奏者の唄を知っていたのも弾けないはずのピアノが弾けたのもおまえじゃない全部14番目の記憶だ」
アレン「移植って いつ…」
クロス「マナとふたりでノアの一族と殺し合いの逃亡生活
14番目にとって【いつ】【だれ】になんて構ってられなかったんだろ
チャンスがあったときにたまたま手近にいた奴を宿主に選んだ テメエの手で伯爵を殺したい一心でな」

アレン「それが…僕…?」

クロス「運が無かったな」

「移植されたメモリーは徐々に宿主を侵食し お前を14番目に変えるだろう」

Dofla
July 16, 2008, 08:39 PM
Continuation:

クロス「兆しはあっただろ?」

アレン「そういう こと…  なんだ それ…」

「マナが 愛してるってっいったのは」

僕か それとも」

「どっちに…」

クロス「マナは14番目が死んだ日におかしくなった
 過去を覚えていたかどうかもわからん
 ただ 外野で見てた俺にはな…」

マナがアレンを背負って歩いてる描写

クロス「皮肉だな」
【こんな子供だったとは】

アレンを抱き寄せるクロス「宿主なんざもっとくだらない奴になってりゃよかったのに」
【結局 何かを守る為には 何かが犠牲になるってことか】

クロス「ティエドールのことも笑えんな まったく…」

見開き
クロス「14番目になったら お前は大事な人間を殺さなきゃならなくなる
…って言ったらどうする?」

場面変わり リナリ&ジョニーを起こすアレン
リナリ「大丈夫?」
暗い表情のアレン「うん」
リナリ(あ…れ…?)
アレン「なんでもなかったよ」

kewl0210
July 16, 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm fast, you're not.

First spoiler:
クロス「方舟で奏者の唄を知っていたのも弾けないはずのピアノが弾けたのもおま
えじゃない全部14番目の記憶だ」
Cross: "When you knew the Player's song in the ark, that you were able to play the piano shouldn't have been able to play, aren't you the one with all of the fourteenth's memories?"
アレン「移植って いつ」
Allen: "Implanted, when?"
クロス「マナとふたりでノアの一族と殺し合いの逃亡生活
14番目にとって【いつ】【だれ】になんて構ってられなかったんだろ
チャンスがあったときにたまたま手近にいた奴を宿主に選んだ テメエの手で伯
爵を殺したい一心でな」
Cross: "You with Mana spent life on the run to avoid murder from the Noah clan.
Concerning the fourteenth's "When" "Where" and such weren't really cared about.
When there was a chance a close person was casually chosen as a host. You
want to kill the Earl by your hand with all your heart, right?"

アレン「それが僕?」
Allen: "That's me?"

クロス「運が無かったな」
Cross: "Ya had no luck."

「移植されたメモリーは徐々に宿主を侵食し お前を14番目に変えるだろう」

"The memories that were able to be implanted slowly encroach the host. You will change into the fourteenth."

Second Spoiler:
クロス「兆しはあっただろ?」
Cross: "The signs are there, aren't they?"

アレン「そういう こと  なんだ それ」
Allen: "That sort of thing what is that." [Big spaces between Allen's words; pauses.]

「マナが 愛してるってっいったのは」
"Mana said he loved me"

僕か それとも」
Me? Or else..."

「どっちに」
"Which one."

クロス「マナは14番目が死んだ日におかしくなった
 過去を覚えていたかどうかもわからん
 ただ 外野で見てた俺にはな」
Cross: "Mana was odd on the day the fourteenth died.
I don't know whether or not he remembered the past.
Also, he looked at me from another plain."

マナがアレンを背負って歩いてる描写
Depiction of Mana walking carrying Allen on his shoulders.

クロス「皮肉だな」
Cross: "It's ironic."
【こんな子供だったとは】
{This is what those sorts of children were}

アレンを抱き寄せるクロス「宿主なんざもっとくだらない奴になってりゃよかっ
たのに」
Cross hugging Allen: "I'd be glad if the host became a more good-for-nothing
guy." [I'm not really getting this sentence... That seems wrong...]
【結局 何かを守る為には 何かが犠牲になるってことか】
{After all in order to protect something doesn't something have to
be sacrificed?}

クロス「ティエドールのことも笑えんな まったく」
Cross: "You didn't laugh at Tiedoll's thing either. Geez." [I feel like I'm missing something...]

見開き
Double page scene
クロス「14番目になったら お前は大事な人間を殺さなきゃならなくなる
って言ったらどうする?」
Cross: "If you were to become the fourteenth, if you were told that if you
don't kill an important person you would die, what would you do?"

場面変わり リナリ&ジョニーを起こすアレン
Scene change Lenalee and Jhonny are woken up by Allen
リナリ「大丈夫?」
Lenalee: "Are you okay?"
暗い表情のアレン「うん」
Gloomy-faced Allen: "Yes."
リナリ(あれ?)
Lenalee: (Huh?)
アレン「なんでもなかったよ」
Allen: "Nothing happened."

Defade
July 16, 2008, 10:44 PM
You
want to kill the Earl by your hand with all your heart, right?
He(14th) was meaning to kill the Earl with your hand.

This is what those sorts of children were
For it(the host) to have been such a kid...

Cross hugging Allen: "I'd be glad if the host became a more good-for-nothing
guy." [I'm not really getting this sentence... That seems wrong...]

Cross is saying that'll it'll be better(he'll feel better) if the host is a good-for-nothing kid (rather than the sweet kid Allen was). I guess it's just his way of expressing guilt.

You didn't laugh at Tiedoll's thing either. Geez

Can't really laugh at Tiedoll either, geez. (Supposedly he laughed at Tiedoll for being the kind parten figure to everyone, but now he himself is feeling bad for Allen)

kewl0210
July 16, 2008, 10:54 PM
I guess those are all about right. It's just non-literal phrasing that I didn't pick up on because I'm not so experienced. But he does say "you" in the first sentence, doesn't he?

Defade
July 16, 2008, 11:00 PM
You did fantastic for the rest of the translation.

He said 'your'. 'teme' alone would translate to you, but Cross used 'teme no te' which would be 'your hand'. Yeah, Japanese is confusing.

addenza
July 16, 2008, 11:01 PM
Cool one(: Thanks for the spoilers and translations(:

descendant
July 16, 2008, 11:09 PM
*speechless*
is the second spoiler true
>_> cross hugging allen??? i wanna see that!!!!!!!

rhapsody blue
July 16, 2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the translations! Poor Allen; now he is doubting whether or not Mana really loves him. :(

addenza
July 17, 2008, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah.. I was thinking that maybe Cross was becoming OOC... XDDD
Ok, sorry, just rambling(:

Allenlenalee102
July 17, 2008, 02:04 AM
I'm more worried about the killing someone important part.

Punky fish
July 17, 2008, 02:14 AM
No way. Cross hugging Allen. Sounds weird. Too weird.
But the chapter is going to be awesome!! Oh yeah... I also liked that "Nothing happened" part. It's just so....I don't know how to say it....agh. Perfect yeah.
But, I really didn't understand that Tiedoll thing.

akiranowe
July 17, 2008, 02:50 AM
Yay! Papa Cross going to hug baby allen!!!
Such a moving scene!
But i'm getting worried when Cross said: "if you were told that if you don't kill an important person you would die"
Who would be that important person? Dont tell me it's Cross himself!!! noooooooooooooooo.......

And 'bout the Tiedoll thing...
I think Cross used to laugh/tease him because he always show his love to his pupils and care for them so openly.
But now since he himself is hugging allen, as a caring figure, he feels that he can't laugh at Tiedoll anymore, cuz he is being one himself.

kitteejazz
July 17, 2008, 02:53 AM
Thankyou for the spoilers!!!!!

:yourock

Defade
July 17, 2008, 03:16 AM
I'm more worried about the killing someone important part.

It's no one in particular, if you're wondering about that. Cross was just saying, in a general way, that Allen might have to kill people important to him if he became the 14th.(aka not specifying the exact 'amount' Allen will have to kill...that sounded weird) The meaning is pretty hard to carry over to english without causing misunderstandings.

Dofla
July 17, 2008, 04:11 AM
By the courtesy of Emoticon guy.

Whole Pics (+ zip link):

Download here (http://rapidshare.com/files/130326586/gray.zip)

http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/43dc399491618.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/43dc399491618) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/5609959491619.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5609959491619) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/c202809491620.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c202809491620) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/dc6b4c9491622.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/dc6b4c9491622) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/96ee779491623.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/96ee779491623) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/0217349491624.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0217349491624) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/7ddb0d9491626.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7ddb0d9491626) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/f87e7b9491627.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f87e7b9491627) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/1b107e9491629.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/1b107e9491629) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/93814e9491630.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/93814e9491630) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/dc34039491631.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/dc34039491631) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/4afef79491633.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4afef79491633) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/fe092a9491634.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/fe092a9491634) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/08fe1d9491636.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/08fe1d9491636)

Whole Script:

表紙

第167夜 アンジ

アレン、マナ---
確かに感じた繋がりは
今は遠く…

「お前は「14番目の”記憶”を移植された人間」
「「14番目」が現世に復活するための宿主だ」

「方舟で奏者の唄を知っていたのも弾けないはずのピアノが弾けたのも「アレン」じゃない
 全部「14番目」の”記憶”だ」
「お前あン時あそこで何か見ただろ」
「オイ」

『バチィン ドダダッ ゴンッ』
コ・ル・ブ「!?」
クロス「とまんじゃねぇよ 話が進まんだろうが」
アレン「イッ ッタ」

ア「い 移植って(サーーーー) いつ…」
ク「あ?あ----…ワルイがそこはまったく知らん」
ア「はああッ?」
ク「まて 大体はわかる 多分アレだ「14番目(やっこさん)」が死ぬ前だ」
ア「それわかんないんじゃん!」
ク「ああ? ンだテメェ ワルイつってんだろうが トバせッ そこは」
ラビ(アッバウト………)
ク「フン…俺だって半信半疑だったんだ お前が現れるまではな
 伯爵を殺そうとした奴の有様は地獄だった マナとふたりで
 ノアの一族と殺し合いの逃亡生活」

ク「「14番目(ヤツ)」にとって「いつ」「ダレ」になんて構っちゃいられなかったんだろ
 チャンスがあったときに たまたま手近にいた奴を宿主(しゅくしゅ)に選んだ
 テメェの手で伯爵を殺したい一心でな」
ア「それが…僕…?」
ク「運がなかったな」
 「移植された”記憶”は徐々に宿主を侵食し お前を「14番目」に変えるだろう」

ク「兆しはあっただろ?」
ア「そうゆう こと…」
 「なんだ それ…」

ア「マナが 愛してるっていったのは 僕か それとも どっちに…」

ク「マナは14番目が死んだ日におかしくなった」
 「過去を覚えていたか胴かも分からん」
 「ただ外野で見てた俺にはな」
 「………皮肉だな」

『こんな子供(ガキ)だったとは』
ク「宿主なんざもっとくだらない奴がなってりゃよかったのに」
『結局 何かを守る為には 何かが犠牲になるってことか』

ク「ティエドールのことも笑えんな まったく…」

ク「「14番目」に為ったら お前は大事な人間を殺さなきゃならなくなる
 …って 言ったらどうする…?」

リ・ジョ(すぴこーーーーーーー)
リ「アレンくんっ!?」
ア「あ(びく)」
リ「(わーーーーーっ寝ちゃった!!) に兄さん達は?」
ア「まだ奥で何か話してる リナリー そんな動くとジョニー起きる…」

リ「か 顔腫れてない?(ひそひそ)」
ア「あーー師匠に殴られちゃって」
リ「大丈夫?」
ア「うん」
リ(ホ…)
リ(あ……れ…?)
ア「なんでもなかったよ」

胸中に訪れた思いがアレンに変化をもたらす------

巻末コメント「アシさんに勧められて青汁デビュー。不味いけど結構効いてます。不味いんだけどね」
40周年記念コメント「祝40周年!おめでとうジャンプ!いつまでもあり続けてほしい雑誌です!
 貢献できるよう頑張るぞ!!」

Punky fish
July 17, 2008, 04:37 AM
What? Did Cross hit Allen? This chapter is so cool. Translation for the script, please. I really wanna know what are they saying.

descendant
July 17, 2008, 04:42 AM
o_0 i can't believe it!!! Cross really hugs Allen!!! wow this is so touching. i bet that cross actually really cares for allen despite his attitude towards him so far. maybe he also feels sorry for him T_T or that hug could also be intended for the 14th >_>

Marwim
July 17, 2008, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the spoiler and the first raw, i want to see if it's true that Cross hug Allen!!! xD

kat_at_heart
July 17, 2008, 05:00 AM
wow who would have thought about cross hugging allen that’s the cutest thing ever XD
ooo I really cant wait for this chapter now.

monkey d scar
July 17, 2008, 06:31 AM
wow who would have thought about cross hugging allen that’s the cutest thing ever XD

yeah that's definitively not Cross-like, if you ask me he is doing this to give something to Allen, something he wants to hide from Leverrier who is watching the whole meeting (see pic n°4)

And as usual, thanks RB, akiranowe, Defade and Dofla for the spoilers and trans :amuse

Dofla
July 17, 2008, 07:45 AM
By Osamu Akimoto the author of Kochi kame:

http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/a4b3549498240.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a4b3549498240)

Marwim
July 17, 2008, 07:53 AM
By Osamu Akimoto the author of Kochi kame:

http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/950/a4b3549498240.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a4b3549498240)

Funny!! thanks for the image ^^

endless_dream
July 17, 2008, 08:06 AM
wow...Cross actually cared for Allen, that's cute!:)

But still Allen doesn't seem to cope pretty well with the truth about the fact that he is the host for the 14th resurrection...I wonder how would the others (both exorcists, excluding Lavi, and noah clan) react if they ever find out about this...

Triantafyllo
July 17, 2008, 08:46 AM
It's no one in particular, if you're wondering about that. Cross was just saying, in a general way, that Allen might have to kill people important to him if he became the 14th.(aka not specifying the exact 'amount' Allen will have to kill...that sounded weird) The meaning is pretty hard to carry over to english without causing misunderstandings.

mmm...actually the idea that I had after reading that part in english was that Cross maight have been asked or ordered to kill Allen if he became the 14th or even before that...:(

rhapsody blue
July 17, 2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the spoiler script and camshots, Dofla! The fanart from Osamu Akimoto is so adorable~! :luv Based on the script, the chapter title is Angel.

I agree with everyone else that Cross hugs Allen out of guilt and maybe pity. I hope Allen will not harm his comrades when he becomes the 14th because that would be heartbreaking for everyone.

So is it confirmed that there will a chapter next week? The weeklyjump lj community (http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/90912.html) states that there will not be a chapter next week.

Defade
July 17, 2008, 09:14 AM
Cross' hug for Allen is the sweetest thing I've seen in DGM. Really.

hideseeker
July 17, 2008, 09:27 AM
Wow. The first time I didn't see Cross hit Allen and sent him flying.

Thanks for the spoilers!

Dofla
July 17, 2008, 09:29 AM
So is it confirmed that there will a chapter next week? The weeklyjump lj community (http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/90912.html) states that there will not be a chapter next week.

It is, since sunday.

Koen
July 17, 2008, 10:45 AM
hmm I got the feeling cross hugs allen for another reason. Look very well there's something shining and tincampy is doing something too.

I wonder if it's really out of pity

Marwim
July 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
I notice it too. Maybe his cigarrette??? He put it very closely to Tim, and Tim eats it... A secret message??

Koen
July 17, 2008, 11:10 AM
well maybe it's part of something cross always uses for akuma remodel or what was it called? Maybe cross is trying to get something of the memory.

Fallen.
July 17, 2008, 11:25 AM
the message timcanpy has might be from the 14th after all since he was originally the 14th's and that's how allen has the license of the player.

Mylenne
July 17, 2008, 12:15 PM
Wooooo, so beautiful chapter!!
I said that I will hit Cross, and maybe I still want to do it (because he hit Allen ¬¬*), but I seriously think that Cross have a plan in all this dramatic scene, something that have a connection with Tim and that cigarette (I agree with koenosaki and Marwim).

Is hasty, but, Cross said to Allen "If you were to become the fourteenth..." (Cross must think that Allen still don´t believe him) " if you were told that if you don't kill an important person you would die, what would you do?"...I think that Cross make refer to Lenalee.....(ooh my God if I´m right I will regret T_T)...why? Well, Lenalee could be the heart and...the Noah will die if the heart is found...ne?...mmm, but I have a foundation against this theory too; if the 14th want to kill the Earl, he will want the heart to be safe...ne? Buuuuut, maybe he have the innocent now and don´t need the heart any more...or he thinks that...

Well, I have to accept that the hug scene is so tender...but Allen was so shock that can´t notice it ¬¬*

There will a chapter next week? ;_;

--- Want it or not,you leave Lenalee worried Allen....

Andzu
July 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
Yay for secret message! After all, Hitler-face is listening to the conversation, it must be something Cross can`t let `im know.
But, uh, Cross hit Allen..? and then hugged him.. *confused*

Zibi234
July 17, 2008, 01:18 PM
Well I think that Allen would choose his own death then killing and important person well I will refer to Lenalee since past 2chapters she seems becoming closer to Allen and then she is really worried about him (+ dream that they shared)

Hmmm other option is that Cross makes another test for Allen... maybe his purenes and loyality to Allens friends... if Allen would choose to kill an important person so he would become evil like other noah's

Hmm from last pages it really seams that Allen will remain in this gloomy face for a long time after hearing all this so Lenalee would want to know what happened to Allen so he bocome like this... (well after learning that Allen is the next 14th mostly she will recive a shock but then she will care for Allen even more ) heh Lenalee and others will learn the truth sooner or later (from lavi or from noah's )

anyway I think that first Cross hit Allen to break his confusnes so he could calm down and listen cerfully before he hugs him.... (this part is damn strange...)

mitokomon
July 17, 2008, 02:19 PM
I really wanna see the scanlation, that's why I didn't look at the pics, but gee it's sure to be an interesting chapter, I can't wait, but it feels as if it's out, since lots of people discuss the chapter (including me)XDXDXD
Anyway I did feel bad about Allen, I mean the person who took care of him was doing it for himself or at least for a purpose, anyone would feel bad...poor Allen...
But he's kinda lucky too, Lenalee'll sure want a proper answer from him and keep following or at least she'll think a lot about him and so, Cha-ching!!! Here comes Allen's big get-the-girl-chance. Even in such a desperate time there has to be something good right? ^^

Teeba
July 17, 2008, 02:30 PM
All I can say is....

.....Hoshino! You left 2/3 of a page black! How could you? *cries* XD

But really, this chapter is making me teary-eyed and the campics are....well, campics. :P No scanlation either and yet I already feel like I'm going to call this chapter my favorite.

Mylenne
July 17, 2008, 02:38 PM
Aaaaaah!! Allen asked what I said T______T!! But, when the chapter is ready I will cry...

Mmm, now that I can see better the raw, and see the Link´s superior listen to the conversation (and Komui, and Bookman), maybe the cigarette is a microphone ?? xD well, is so much risk, but, Cross can say "Tim eat it" xD

Amm, and with the thing of the "important person"...what if Cross was talking of one important = superior?,... could it be?? Maybe....the Secretary?? Allen will regret it anyway, ne? (me not xDD)

Mmmmmm, and I have a great doubt...Cross went to Central with Link´s superior...he talk with Allen when he come back?? or before?? @_@

Aaaaaand, what was the thing that Link give to his superior?? A sleeping bag xDDD (chapter 157. page 2)...must have some implication.

See ya!

predsfan
July 17, 2008, 06:52 PM
All in all the chapter looks great, but the first page looks awesome. I don't know why, but I absolutely love the way Mana and Allen look in it :D. Plus, they are awesome clowns, not Ronald McDonald clowns. By far one of the best covers of a chapter for any manga I've seen in a while.

hopeandlight
July 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
"If you were to become the fourteenth, if you were told that if you
don't kill an important person you would die, what would you do?"

that worries me
better not be lenalee

what if : mana was killed by the 14th or maybe that time when allen 1st activated his innocence
maybe that's too easy

cross

the inspector R( :D)

Mystic Moon
July 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
No effin way! Cross huggin Allen O.o

Cuz hey he fully threw the kid across a ditch cuz he was "too filthy to be in the presence of a beautiful being" Then theres the whole kick him to escape from debt crap. Its so hard to believe. Tiedoll being a papa is funny, specially with Kanda XP.

Hmm... Cross as a fatherly figure... ok the thought alone creeps me out!

3shinkyo3
July 18, 2008, 04:55 AM
Wow, i completely missed the whole secret message thing thanks for the eye opener!

hideseeker
July 18, 2008, 05:07 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/167/01/

Someone posted it up.

And no, I don't think it's a secret message. It's just Cross' cigarette.

3shinkyo3
July 18, 2008, 05:13 AM
Yeah just saw it on onemanga looks like he just didn't want to burn anyone with his cigarette

KaNx
July 18, 2008, 05:21 AM
Spoilers for the next DGM chapter are gladly seen here. So post some if you find spoilers.

Dofla
July 30, 2008, 06:55 AM
From sangyou:

アレンとの会話の回想
クロス「この戦争にゃ裏がある 今度は死ぬんじゃねえぞ」

ルベリエたちはまだアレンを警戒。カラスの中にリンクがいた

ラビがじじいに戦争の裏って何か聞いたらじじい汗かいて
「『裏』はワシが許すまで頭の隅にしまえ 二度と口にするな」

クロス一人で部屋にいるところ
クロス「生意気な面になったものだ 教団に来てそう悪いことばかりでもなかったようだな…」

ノックの音

ドアを開ける音

場面変わりアレン「朝か…」

場面変わり最終ページ
銃を落としぐったりクロス 窓と床血まみれ

煽り
クロス 散る

Edit:

ルベリエ  大林りゅうすけ

リンク きしおだいすけ

rhapsody blue
July 30, 2008, 07:26 AM
Kinda in a hurry so this will be short, but according to babelfish:
- Recollection of Allen and Cross's conversation
- I guess Malcolm plots to kill Cross
- Malcolm does not trust Allen still
- Link is a member of Crow
- Lavi overheard it?
- Cross is alone in the room
- There is a knock on the door
- A sound of a door opening
- Scene changed: Allen - "Morning"
- Cross got shot
- Last page: Gun dropped and a bleeding Cross is on the floor

kirimi
July 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
A small flashback to Allen and Cross's conversation. Cross said, "There is a hidden side to this war. Don't die this time." (Or maybe that's "I won't die this time." Pronoun is not clear.)

Malcom is still wary of Allen. Link is part of the Crow (what's the crow? The watch group?)

Lavi asks Bookman what the "hidden side of the war" means. Bookman says not to think about it until he allows it. He tells Lavi never to speak of it again.

Cross is alone in his room. He thinks to himself that Allen has gotten more cheeky. So, it hasn't been all bad since Allen came to the Order.

There's a knock on his door, and the door opens.

Scene change. Allen wakes up and says it's morning.

Scene change again. Final page of chapter. A gun (maybe Cross's but maybe not) has fallen on the floor and Cross lays still. There is blood on the window and the bed. The overlay text says, "Cross has fallen."

addenza
July 30, 2008, 08:05 AM
>.> NO!!! But since Cross said that "I won't die this time." (just following the translation ><), I think it more likely that he faked his death...

And the Crow is the "elites of the elites", I mean, the guys who surrounded Allen during his conversation with Cross..

earthforge
July 30, 2008, 08:09 AM
kirimi: Crow's the strong group from central that was introduced in chapter 166 as guards while Cross and Allen talked.

But my first reaction to this spoiler was the intense desire to stab Link and Malcom with a lamp. Just when I started to like Cross' character he gets killed? Now, I admire the author, I thought she wasn't going to do this plot twist. And the plot thickens. And what is this "hidden side to the war"? I bet it's connected to the Akuma plant. Cross probably says "Don't die this time" in reference to the 14th, which makes sense.

addenza
July 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
Oops.. I must have overlooked that part and skipped straight to the "I won't die this time"... >"<

Oh, and in that case, I agree with earthforge that Cross was telling Allen aka the 14th to stay alive.. He probably knew that he was going to be killed by the Crow... And he won't be able to protect Allen anymore...

hideseeker
July 30, 2008, 08:46 AM
It's possible Cross anticipated this and Maria was used somehow.

Bballer3
July 30, 2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah i believe it's a fake death i mean Cross can't die now.
That would suck so much and make the Order so much more weaker and open for attack.

Koen
July 30, 2008, 09:30 AM
So within the order there's some war going on? So two opposing sides. Well we can't know about cross. But suppose he dies or is wounded then the first thing that disturbs me:

There's a knock on his door, and the door opens.

Scene change. Allen wakes up and says it's morning.

Scene change again. Final page of chapter. A gun (maybe Cross's but maybe not) has fallen on the floor and Cross lays still. There is blood on the window and the bed. The overlay text says, "Cross has fallen."

Sounds like allen slept but his noah side made him do it during the night

miranu
July 30, 2008, 09:35 AM
OMG Cross can't die, he's like the strongest General, it would be stupid, to kill him.. btw one of my favourite characters :S I hope it'll be a fake death. Malcolm should die instead >_<

Marwim
July 30, 2008, 09:35 AM
wow.... great chapter....

Koenosaki, i thought the same.... maybe Cross already knew it, and by that he told Allen "when you become the 14th, you'll kill to someone important for you" (or something like this)

Koen
July 30, 2008, 09:43 AM
wow.... great chapter....

Koenosaki, i thought the same.... maybe Cross already knew it, and by that he told Allen "when you become the 14th, you'll kill to someone important for you" (or something like this)

Then we are two, I thought about that too. That line could have been interpretated in different ways but I was indeed thinking the same. Might be that this has to do with the side of war or something like that.

Marwim
July 30, 2008, 09:50 AM
yeah, it's obvious that Cross is (was?) a important character in the story, and he is relationated with Mana, and the 14th over all... Maybe Leverrier could be the true bad boy of the story, after the Earl... I don't like the special unit "Crow", after all ¬¬

A war with 2 sides... This means that the plot could go for other way that the expected... I love Hoshino for to surprise us, but... poor poor Allen T.T

hideseeker
July 30, 2008, 09:59 AM
Cross is better off pretending to be dead, anyhow. Allows him to be a free agent again.

Darklight0303
July 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
I had a feeling something like this might happen ever since that whole page with Tim
[hr]
About Allen being Cross's murderer I doubt it, the 14th promised, Cross he would return as long as he watched over Mana, so why would he kill Cross to whom he promised to that he would return at the moment of his revival? It doesn't make sense

Bballer3
July 30, 2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah thats true
i want to see more allen fight action lol

Mystic Moon
July 30, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cross is better off pretending to be dead, anyhow. Allows him to be a free agent again.

He probably faked his death because of the whole "the war has two sides" shit that only he knows about. So he's gonna go at it alone, cuz apparently he knows quite a bit. Malcom probably thinks its gonna endanger the exorcists into losing or something and seeing as how hes obsessed with beating the earl, thats probably one of the factors that made him fake it.

Darklight0303
July 30, 2008, 11:08 AM
Anyone wanna bet Malcolm will try framing Allen with the murder?

miranu
July 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe Leverrier could be the true bad boy of the story, after the Earl... I don't like the special unit "Crow", after all ¬¬
T.T

I don't know but since we saw Earls human form, I kept thinking, that Leverrier is Earl himself :O But that's not it since we saw Leverrier in the new episode/94/ in the Ark and Earl in his own black ark at the same time almost :S

Marwim
July 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
yeah, i think this would be improbable right now because of that, but it wasn't a bad idea!!!!

I guess Cross isn't dead, it's all a trick to fool Leverrier, i'm sure :P (I hope xD).

Darklight0303
July 30, 2008, 11:24 AM
That could have been Link in the anime. I don't know why everyone thinks it was Malcolm
I agree with the vibe that Malcolm is the Earl. I was starting to think i was the only one who even considered that

miranu
July 30, 2008, 11:27 AM
That could have been Link in the anime. I don't know why everyone thinks it was Malcolm
I agree with the vibe that Malcolm is the Earl. I was starting to think i was the only one who even considered that

It was malcolm AND Link :D You can see them going away from Allens room :)

Darklight0303
July 30, 2008, 11:44 AM
Even so that scene with the Earl in the black ark could have happened later not to mention he knew there was a piano in the original ark. I'm keeping my suspicion of Malcolm being the Earl until Hoshino says otherwise

Digital_Eon
July 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
...Aside from all that:

I don't think this is necessarily a fake death (though that's not to say that Cross didn't know about it beforehand - maybe he feels guilty about what he did to Allen, as he seemed to indicate in 167?), and I doubt the Order will try and frame Allen for it if Allen really didn't do it. What's the point? Allen being a Noah would be enough to arrest him if necessary, not to mention everything else he's done (tried to save Suman and Tiki). I got the impression that perhaps Crow killed Cross, in which case - why would they even need to blame someone else? Crow is scary. No one is going to speak out against them for fear that they'll be next, since they'll sound like traitors to the Order if they do.

Koen
July 30, 2008, 12:41 PM
yeah but then again, if it's cross' plan which is certainly possible, then I think he isn't doing this all alone. There must be someone who helped him, someone whom he can be 100% sure that levvie wouldn't know about it.

Mystic Moon
July 30, 2008, 12:58 PM
It was malcolm AND Link :D You can see them going away from Allens room :)

It was Malcom who was at the door, look at the hair like honestly. But after, it was malcom AND link that walked away, once again look at the hair.

Anyone wanna bet Malcolm will try framing Allen with the murder?

But it would be so much easier for Malcom to frame Allen and get results from it. Cuz hes interested in Allen for his Noah abilities as well as the ark controlling ones. Plus hes an exorcist so if Malcom actually got control of Allen's actions, wouldnt it be so much easier for him to do w/e he wanted.

Digital_Eon
July 30, 2008, 01:08 PM
But what would be the point in framing Allen? Aside from my post above - if Levellier wanted to use Allen, he seems to have a rank high enough that Allen should be expected to do what he's asked to - and most of the time, if it benefits the Order, Allen will do it. He's been allowed to keep an eye on Allen so far; if he wanted information, there's no reason this couldn't continue. It would be pretty pointless to frame Allen (especially if he didn't do it - the evidence would point against him).

I wonder if Cross doesn't have a plan at all. What would he do? What would he be able to do? If he wants the Earl dead, the best option at this point is probably to hope the 14th/Allen goes after the Earl and kills him. It's doubtful he knows of a way to save Allen, and he probably can't/couldn't do anything to protect Allen. That's why he says "Don't die this time" or whatever... it's perhaps the last thing he can do.

rhapsody blue
July 30, 2008, 04:18 PM
Sangyou posted a new info:

リンクいわく途中クロスがゴーレムに何か仕込むしぐさがあったって

This one was posted before Dofla's:
from Sangyou

クロス殺されたっぽい

煽り
クロス…散る…!!

Anyway, I don't think Cross will die that easily, but it makes me wonder if he did expect it. I am betting that the hidden side involves the 14th and his allies.

Magical Poof
July 30, 2008, 05:34 PM
I think the hidden side of the war actually involves the akuma... See, look at this page: http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/158/06/

It's the Earl saying that he doesn't want the Order to figure out the meaning behind their evolution and that the Order thinks they're only killing machines, so... well, they're obviously something else. Maybe they're supposed to wipe out humanity or something, to cleanse the world? Or maybe - this is a stretch - they're supposed to keep evolving until they reach something like, maybe an angel or something? Yeah, that was random. But what else could they be?

Plus they start talking about the "Heart" being awake and active and stuff... So apparently it thinks for itself? Maybe it's plotting some other war or something.

I also don't think the Earl is Malcom... I mean, Malcom doesn't have the monocle. But I guess that's not enough to judge... There are some other things that make it possible for Malcom to be the Earl.

rhapsody blue
July 30, 2008, 07:14 PM
I interpret that line as saying that there is another force who is going to fight in the war between the earl and the exorcists; they are not on either side so it would be a three-way battle. The lvl 4 akuma was still loyal to the earl so I doubt it would be them. I have a feeling that the akuma are supposed to be the new form of human beings based on the earl's design. They are supposed to get rid of their "weaker" predecessors (human) and other akuma (e.g. Chomosuke's friend) aka "survival of the fittest" mentality.

Link's being a member of Crow would explain how he was skilled with using those daggers when he saved Allen during the lvl 4's attack. It would be interesting to see Allen's facing against Link in the future.

Anyway, lj user crown_clown0 provided info about the 2nd spoiler:

ルベリエ  大林りゅうすけ

リンク きしおだいすけ

The second spoiler is listing the voice actors for Inspector Louvelier (given my knowledge of French, the fact that this takes place in Europe, and the Japanese pronunciation of "ru-be-ri-e", I think spelling his name this way makes more sense) and Link. Louvelier's voice actor is Oobayashi Ryuusuke (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=20194). The only role I know him for myself is the narrator in Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, an old favorite series of mine. Link's voice actor is Kishio Daisuke (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1506). I've only ever heard his role as Kaname Kuran in the recent TV series Vampire Knight, based on the manga of the same name. Others might know these voice actors from other series though.

Mystic Moon
July 30, 2008, 09:37 PM
But even if Crow killed Cross, what would be the point of it?? If he knows something they dont, shouldnt he be kept alive so that M.L can get more answers out of him?? Even if the only way is to let him talk to Allen, but its not exactly all that bad cuz he listens to their conversation anyways.

descendant
July 30, 2008, 09:37 PM
the story plot is getting darker and darker
i don't think Cross would die easily so either he's faking it or the killer is very very powerful!

so kishio daisuke is going to become Link's seiyuu, that's interesting but somehow i would feel strange to hear kaname's voice in Link :XD

Mystic Moon
July 30, 2008, 09:40 PM
I got shivers when i saw that post, o god. I cant see that HAWT Kaname Kuran voice in Link. Too Bloody Effin Scary! But many others say that he's not fakin the death. He could be in crit condition though. Would be some kinda rebellion if Cross really DID die after just finally makin an appearance.

Digital_Eon
July 30, 2008, 10:09 PM
Cross revealed everything to Levellier in exchange for being able to talk to Allen, it seems. As far as we know, there's nothing left for him to tell them that they don't already know (Cross's past is a mystery to us, but the Order probably knows about it already, and we might find out through the 14th's memories). He seems to be a bit of a wild card who may betray the Order, and who could certainly become a problem if he does with all that power. Perhaps, though, they just want to remove someone who can and will defend Allen, and who Allen feels safe talking to about these things. Komui had better watch out - we know he's been talking to Cross on his own, if chapter 165 was any indication (and Link knows!).

rhapsody blue
July 30, 2008, 11:17 PM
Thinking about it, the spoilers just said that Cross got shot. There was no mention about he is dying so he might be critically injured. The best case scenario is that someone else finds him and gets help. ^^

A person named Emeryl (one of lj user crown_clown0's friends) translated the third spoiler:

リンクいわく途中クロスがゴーレムに何か仕込むしぐさがあったって

Link says that Cross trained the golem to do something.

Digital_Eon
July 30, 2008, 11:34 PM
The ending text did say that "Cross has fallen", though, right? It seems like he's probably dying, yet that won't actually happen until the next chapter (maybe he squeaks out a message first).

Rorschach
July 31, 2008, 12:20 AM
From Emoticon-Guy:

http://img206.imagevenue.com/loc208/th_81615_nm0272_122_208lo.jpg (http://img206.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=81615_nm0272_122_208lo.jpg)http://img145.imagevenue.com/loc661/th_81616_nm0275_122_661lo.jpg (http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=81616_nm0275_122_661lo.jpg)http://img167.imagevenue.com/loc630/th_81621_nm0276_122_630lo.jpg (http://img167.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=81621_nm0276_122_630lo.jpg) http://img209.imagevenue.com/loc530/th_81757_nm0273_122_530lo.jpg (http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=81757_nm0273_122_530lo.jpg)

Teeba
July 31, 2008, 02:02 AM
Holy F-cking Sh-t!! !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Rorschach!

1)Why are Allen, Lenalee, and Johnny sleeping on the couch? XD Where's everyone else?! namely, Komui

2)There is somethring very creepy about the illustration of Cross's corpse

3)Omigod, why am I thinking it might have been suicide even though it's such a crazy thought???

This chapter shot up from being "Hoshino, what the hell are you smoking" to "Where, God, where can I get me some of that?"

Punky fish
July 31, 2008, 02:27 AM
Did he just shoot himself?! He was alone in he's room and holding his gun....Really suicide?! why Cross....

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 02:34 AM
Look at the curtain it's torn i doubt it's suicide he seems to have grabbed it before he fell in that position

Marwim
July 31, 2008, 03:22 AM
Waaaaaaaaa! i love the images!! thanks very much Rorschach!!!!!!

Waaaa, the final page is... amazing, but... i love the scene of Allen & Lenalee sleep in the couch!!!! <3

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 03:24 AM
I feel the very same way damn such tantalizing spoiler pics

mitokomon
July 31, 2008, 05:30 AM
o__O omg, that final pic., I hoped that, the spoilers were false, but cross looks really dead...
It really seems to be a very good chapter, but... but how am I supposed wait for the next chapter now?!
I agree with Marwim, I love the scene of Allen & Lenalee sleep in the couch ^_^

miranu
July 31, 2008, 05:45 AM
: ( That looks like suicide.. but if he was killed, maybe someone made it look it suicide.. like in those flashy detective stories y'know. Anyways, if he's really dead.. I'll greatly lose interest in DGM XD Seriously, that's a silly way to die :darn

Marwim
July 31, 2008, 05:59 AM
mmm, if it's a faked death, what a patience has Cross, there sat in the window all the time xD Seriously, I don't think he's dead, NO, PLEASE, if would be too cheesy (i don't know if it'd be this word in english...). Anyhow, i still love Hoshino for his/her imagination and for to surprise us ^^ Cross, we still trust in you!!!

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 06:25 AM
I love Cross a lot but I would admire Hoshino for having the guts to kill him off for good. It would just show that he was still human despite his seemingly invincible image and that is the mark of a very good story

Inuhanyou123
July 31, 2008, 06:45 AM
I agree with darklight..just because he seems strong doesn't mean he can't be killed..that and the fact that we don't know the circumstances behind his supposed death yet either..

EL_manana
July 31, 2008, 06:52 AM
I love Cross a lot but I would admire Hoshino for having the guts to kill him off for good. It would just show that he was still human despite his seemingly invincible image and that is the mark of a very good story
True. I think the same.
Jeez, this is bad for my heart. I'm gonna have insomnia after all these awesome plot twists.
I don't think this is a silly way to die. It has its style, it is totally unexpected and so much more scary than ordinary "cool" shonen death in battle or smth. It just gives the series new depth. And OMG kill me, I can't even imagine Allen's reaction. I can't stand seeing him suffering any more. hoshino, you're too violent!!!!!! Don't remember any other shonen hero who has experienced so much pain in his life... I was so depressed after 167 chapter- it seemed unbelievable to me that Allen can still stand up and smile(even if it is a fake smile). And now another blow....

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 07:00 AM
It's gritty and brutally realistic that's what makes it an awesome way to go in my opinion. I wonder how the Anime will portray this scene since it's pretty gory

Marwim
July 31, 2008, 07:05 AM
Yeah, could be true. Surely it's true. i have seen the last page many times... i'm starting to think that Cross is REALLY dead... it can't be SO false...

But, it's a strange death, i have to say... Cross is a normal human, but i thought, and guess that everybody, that Cross would have a important role in the final battle...

This remember me to Harry Potter more every time xD Allen lonely for the battle with the Earl/Leverrier.

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 07:17 AM
I wonder what happens to Maria if Cross is dead will she just stop functioning

miranu
July 31, 2008, 07:37 AM
Well yeah Cross IS human, but he's way stronger, than any other character, we seen in the manga, so it seems a bit imposslible, to kill him :S Maybe the Earl could kill Cross, but omg... he could kill the lvl4 easily, when nobody else could. This is veeeery fishy.. somethings not right. Could be suicide, but that's not like Cross at all :S

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 07:46 AM
Suicide? A guy who enjoys drinking, womanizing and living the life? I honestly doubt he would do that.
Also this happened in the NEW HQ a supposedly safe location and you can tell Cross was relaxed since he was in his shirt at the moment of the knock.

shinobi
July 31, 2008, 08:04 AM
naaahh, Cross wont die that easy. he wont be taken out of the picture, at least not yet! somehow he faked all this and he'll be back at the right time. I don't want to believe he's really dead.

Andzu
July 31, 2008, 08:09 AM
I wonder what happens to Maria if Cross is dead will she just stop functioning

I wonder about that too... After all, there must be some story about Maria, `cause um, she`s Maria and Cross is Marian..) And Lavi mentioned something forbidden about Maria. Of couse, it could be revieled without Cross somehow, but, but... I don wanna Cross dead >_<

btw, last pic sooo reminds me of a similar situation in another shonen manga%)

Well, at least there`s this cute pic of Lenalee and Allen =)

coolerthanzerok
July 31, 2008, 08:11 AM
I don't object to Cross's death so much as it coming this soon in the story. He just seems like his character hasn't gotten all that much screen time. What? Two fights where he showed up as the cavalry and wasted his opponent? Come on. Then to go and get stabbed in the back by your own order? Lame. I choose to believe we haven't seen the last of Cross.

Dofla
July 31, 2008, 08:22 AM
LQ Raw (thx to the emoticon guy):

Download it Here (MU) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XWZI25KN) or Here (RS) (http://rapidshare.com/files/133838530/RawLQGray168.zip) or Here (SS) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/43r9mp)

http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/8a684110322095.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/8a684110322095/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/4a2d0310322098.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4a2d0310322098/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/ae619410322099.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ae619410322099/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/53143e10322103.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/53143e10322103/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/34f7c510322110.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/34f7c510322110/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/d0a16f10322113.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d0a16f10322113/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/3c87a510322118.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3c87a510322118/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/7d1d8310322123.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7d1d8310322123/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/e2140110322127.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e2140110322127/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/41c4a910322140.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/41c4a910322140/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/e832bb10322143.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e832bb10322143/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/a9b8dc10322146.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a9b8dc10322146/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/a2b33210322148.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a2b33210322148/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/cbb77910322153.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/cbb77910322153/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/2b67d610322156.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/2b67d610322156/) http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1033/2fb0b910322158.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/2fb0b910322158/) http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1033/beec2810322162.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/beec2810322162/)

Marwim
July 31, 2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the images, Dofla!!!

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 08:43 AM
After seing the RAW I'm willing to bet one of the Crow killed Cross

Dofla
July 31, 2008, 09:20 AM
By the way the chapter title seems to be: "Turning Point"

miranu
July 31, 2008, 10:13 AM
OMG I never saw Allen with that face before :O About Cross.. R.I.P. /but I still think it's just an Illusion or a dummy or something not real O.O/

Darklight0303
July 31, 2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah Looked like Allen had reverted to his bratty nature prior to meeting Mana O_O

Dofla
July 31, 2008, 10:23 AM
Script:

『まて…』
コムイたちの部屋に置かれた機械から聞こえるのはアレンのつぶやき。
アレン「まてよ」
鴉に取り押さえられながらも、アレンはクロスに詰め寄ろうとする。
アレン「僕が大事な人を殺すって、どういう意味ですかッ!!!」

第168夜「ワカレミチ」
表紙は大剣を持つアレン

アレン「師匠ぉッ」
必死に問いかけるアレン。
しかしアレンの問いには何も答えず、クロスは部屋から出て行こうとする。
クロス「「14番目」(じぶん)にきけ」
アレン「!?」
クロス「この戦争には裏がある。今度は途中で死ぬんじゃねェぞ」
混乱するアレンに背を向けたまま、意味深な言葉を残すクロス。
鴉は二人に面会時間の終了を告げる。
アレン「まって師匠!!」
鴉「面会は終了です」
アレン「はぁ!?物騒な捨て台詞残していくなー!!!」
そして、鴉に取り押さえられた状態のアレンはティムキャンピーを口にくわえ…
アレン「ッのぉ まってって… 言ってんでしょバカ師ーーーッ!」
クロスに向かって投げつけた。
バッコーン!
見事にクロスの頭にヒットするティムキャンピー。
キレたクロスはアレンに向かっていこうとするが、慌てた鴉に「ご退室を!」と取り押さえられる。
やっとクロスと向き合えたアレンは、息を切らせながら口を開く。
アレン「こ…っ教団(ここ)に入団した日…っ
 なにがあっても立ち止まらない。命が尽きるまで歩き続けるってマナに誓った。誓ったのは僕だ!」
クロス「!」
アレン(そうだ。僕は誓った)
自分で確認するように、そう心の中で呟くアレン。
アレン「自分が…「14番目」の"記憶"にどこまで操られていたのかなんて分からないし、
 マナのことも、正直どう受け止めたらいいのか迷ってる。
 でも僕は今でもマナが大好きだ。このキモチだけは絶対…ッ 本物の僕の心だと思うから」
俯かせていた顔を上げるアレン。
アレン「だから僕は、僕の意思でマナへの誓いを果たす。そう今決めた!
 「14番目」なんか知るもんかッ!それだけは絶ッッ対譲りませんから!!!」

アレン『師匠の馬鹿ーッ』
カチッ
ルベリエ「と、いうワケです、室長。貴方にとっては残念な結果でしたかな?」
録音されていたクロスとアレンの会話を聞き終えたコムイ。
わざとらしい笑顔のルベリエとは対象的に、苦い表情のコムイ。
コムイ「………。「14番目」の目的は我々と同じ伯爵です。敵とはいえません」
ルベリエ「それは「14番目」が な ぜ 伯爵を殺したいかによりますでしょう。
 標的が同じというだけでは彼が悪しき者ではないという証にはなりません。
 我々に牙を向けない保証はどこにもない。」
コムイ「……っ」
コムイは何も反論できない。
それを見つめるのはブックマンと、別室から戻ってきたラビ。
ラビ「庇いようがねェな。これは…。中央庁は完全にアレンを危険とみなした。
 なぁじじい。元帥が最後に言ってた「この戦争の裏」ってなんのことだろうな…?」
しかし、ブックマンは何も答えない。
ラビ「?じじい?」
ラビがブックマンを見ると、ブックマンは汗を流し、何かに怯えるような、焦るような表情をしている。
ブックマン「戻るぞラビ」
ラビ「えっ」
ブックマン「「裏」はワシが許すまで頭の隅にしまえ。二度と口にするな。いいな?」

そして場面はコムイたちへ戻る。
ルベリエ「この件は明日、教団幹部とエクソシストらの前で当人らを交え公にさせて頂きます」
コムイ「明日…ッ!?」
ルベリエ「アレン・ウォーカーの処置についてもその時に発表しますので」
コムイ「…それは、教皇のご決断ですか?」
しかしルベリエはコムイの問いには答えず、嫌味の含まれた笑顔で一言告げ、部屋を後にした。
ルベリエ「おやすみなさい」
コムイは、悔しさに歯を食いしばるしかなかった。

部屋を後にし、通路を歩くルベリエ。
そこには鴉達が待機していた。
ルベリエ「面会中の見張りご苦労でした」
鴉一同「は」
答える鴉達。そのうちの一人が、ルベリエに声をかける。
鴉「途中クロス・マリアンがゴーレムに何か仕込む仕草がありましたが、如何いたしますか?」
ルベリエ「ふん。引き続き彼らの調査はキミに任せます。「ハワードリンク監査官」」
鴉「は」

窓辺に腰をかけ、一人雨を眺めながらワインを飲むクロス。
クロス「生意気な面になった」
しばらく無言で雨を眺めるだけだったが、不意に微笑む。
クロス「教団にきて、そう悪いことばかりでもなかったようだな…」
その時。
コンコン。
何者かがドアをノックする音が部屋に響く。
コンコン。
クロスはドアを睨み付けたまま、銃を手に取る。
そして―

リナリー、ジョニーと共にソファーで寝込んでしまっていたアレンは、不意に目を覚ます。
アレン「朝か…」
窓の外は雨が降り続いたまま。

そして、その頃―
床に広がる血。落とされたジャッジメント。
クロスは、部屋で一人血まみれの状態になっていた。

煽り:―クロス、散る…!!

Nami
July 31, 2008, 10:40 AM

akiranowe
August 06, 2008, 05:28 AM
From 2ch

ドアの外の見張りふたりが居眠りから起きて中を見る

クロスの状態を見てびっくりしてドアをしめ、片方がルベリエにしらせに行く
すると部屋の中から割れる音

残ったひとりがもう一度ドアを開けて中を見るとガラスが割れクロスの身体がなくなってる。銃はそのまま

扉絵
「この日以来 クロス・マリアンの 姿を見た者は 誰もいない」

後半は場面かわって、わりと明るい雰囲気でアレンたちがアクマと戦ったりイノセンス回収したり
アレンは明るくないけどね。んで本部へ帰ろうとするところでおわり
作者はドイツ行って来るって

Translation:
In the morning, when the two guards outside peek into the room after their nap, they were shocked by Cross's condition. They shut the door, one of them run off to inform Leverrier while the other one stay guard.
Suddenly, a huge crackle was coming from the room. the guard opened the door but found no one inside except shattered glass pieces and the gun still lying on the ground.

Cover page: Since that day, nobody has ever seen Cross Marian.

Scene changes to somewhere bright, where Allen and co was fighting akumas and retrieving innocence. Allen doesn't look cheerful though. The chapter ends when they are going back to the HQ.

addenza
August 06, 2008, 05:37 AM
? The online translations don't make sense to me... So is Cross dead? And Allen is fighting akuma? >.> *prays hard that someone will translate it*

akiranowe
August 06, 2008, 06:09 AM
I've edited my previous post for translation.
It seemed that Cross could be dead and his body was carried away by unknown person.
Or he could still be alive, fake his death and escape from the order.

But i don't really understand the second part though. Isn't Leverrier going to make announcement regarding Allen's background? Why is that suddenly the akuma fighting and retrieval of innocence? Doesn't make sense to me.

Marwim
August 06, 2008, 06:16 AM
Thanks!!! well, there's no chapters in the next 2 weeks. I guess Hoshino wouldn't want to go on that part, because it's the most interesting and couldn't cut of this way...

Teeba
August 06, 2008, 11:28 AM
OR, it could be that someone indeed attempted to kill Cross and he faked his death to revoke his status as an exorcist. XD *crack theory*

Fighting akuma? Honestly? That sounds awesome! We'll see Marie and Krory again!

Cross Marian
August 06, 2008, 11:40 AM
I am an awful person for hoping Tyki has kidnapped Cross.

rhapsody blue
August 06, 2008, 12:33 PM
So Cross did fake his death; what a clever man. ^^ Now the Black Order will never hunt him down nor interrogate him about the 14th since he is a "dead man". The message he left in Timcanpy might tell Allen where he can find him. As for Allen's judgement, I am assuming that Malcolm or the pope decides to delay it since it would look bad to condemn him after Cross's suspicious "death".

Darklight0303
August 06, 2008, 12:40 PM
But If cross faked why would he leave without judgement? It makes no sense

Inuhanyou123
August 06, 2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think he faked his death...i don't think he would have left his gun lying there..and why would he wait until people came? If that was the case he would have just taken it and ran...shooting himself and then running away? I sincerely doubt that, especially if we have no reason to believe he has teleportation powers to get out of the room

d4rkfyre
August 06, 2008, 12:49 PM
Just my two cents, Cross isn't just a exorcist, we all know that, perhaps he knew he could afford to leave Judgement there 'cause he has other resources to utilize?

Darklight0303
August 06, 2008, 12:53 PM
or hes dead and someone has plans with his corpse

Cross Marian
August 06, 2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think Cross escaped willingly--if he did so, he would have taken Judgment with him. (Then again, he could have very well left it on purpose just to confuse the Order--he has Maria, still, after all--but I'm not sure if that's a long shot or not).

I think it's more likely he was shot and then kidnapped when he was vulnerable. I'm almost disappointed Cross would be taken down so easily if that does prove to be true, however...

Digital_Eon
August 06, 2008, 01:08 PM
...Feels a bit... anticlimactic.

Although I wonder if that line about no one ever seeing Cross again(?) means that he really is dead, and someone just did something with his corpse (or it self-destructed?). If he wasn't really dead and Allen met up with him later, that line wouldn't really be correct.

akiranowe
August 06, 2008, 01:17 PM
the most anti-climatic part is:

We won't have DGM for the next two weeks. Since this week's Jump will be a double-Issue, which means next week there wont be a release. And the following week no DGM as well.

Teeba
August 06, 2008, 04:02 PM
I am actually confused for the later part...between Allen waking up in the morning from the last chapter, and the guards opening the door to see what Cross is up to, they had to fight akuma AND retrieve innocence?

I'm not surprised about Cross leaving Judgement (or whoever). We all knew Cross could do magic, and he was a scientist before becoming an exorcist to boot. Perhaps Hoshino wants to introduce more magic in the story?

Onomatopoeia
August 06, 2008, 05:02 PM
If you don't mind me saying I think people aren't seeing how important innocence is to excorcists. It's everything to them, they were fused with it, and with generals their closer to their Innocence then even normal Excorcists(sync rate). I can't imagine Cross just leaving his Innocence behind.

miranu
August 06, 2008, 07:02 PM
There is no evidence, but if an Excorsist dies, won't the Innocence retunr to the clockwork-version? O.o I mean those weapons are formed after the hosts, so probably nobody else can use them :S If my theory is right, Cross Can't be Dead.

About the bond with Judgement, We Have a missing corpse-primadonna hello :D WHere is Maria? :D

Jenovah
August 06, 2008, 07:09 PM
the most anti-climatic part is:

We won't have DGM for the next two weeks. Since this week's Jump will be a double-Issue, which means next week there wont be a release. And the following week no DGM as well.

Well the world just may aswell end.

But I'm going with the idea that Cross faked his death, plus I just want to avoid reality at all cost. Plus he couldn't be taken down that easy, he the type that just doesn't die. (Or so I hope.)

BurningDragonFly
August 06, 2008, 07:13 PM
About the bond with Judgement, We Have a missing corpse-primadonna hello :D WHere is Maria? :D

As Shown Here:
http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/147/05/
Cross is able to Pull "Grave of Maria" out of nowhere using his Magic, so he probably leaves her in a void or something so he doesn't have to carry around a huge coffin everywhere.

And Cross Better not be dead, he just came back He better not die!! :crying :yaha

rhapsody blue
August 06, 2008, 08:30 PM
What if the gun is a fake? Cross might leave a regular gun in order to fool the Order.

Anyway, I doubt that he got kidnapped by a Noah b/c the Noah could have easily gotten Allen as well. Besides not a lot of people (Lenalee, Johnny, Komui, Lavi, Bookman, Malcolm, and Crow) are there so the Noah could have easily kill them off.

Darklight0303
August 06, 2008, 08:51 PM
but why the line about NEVER seeing Cross after that incident?

Magical Poof
August 06, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cross doesn't really need Judgement... after all, he's got Maria AND a horde of converted akuma probably stashed somewhere. Not to mention crazy magic shit and mysterious scarred eye (because we know by now that everyone's special eye does something, right? XD). On the other hand, it's not entirely impossible that someone took his body. Maybe the Earl even turned him into an akuma, hm?

Or maybe he was just swallowed back up into the pits of hell from whence he came. XDDD

And really, WTF Hoshino? But I have to admit, I saw the break coming, since every time the series gets a little exciting Hoshino needs to take a break... But really, two weeks? Can't she be happy with her regular holidays and days off? DDDD:

lordzeb
August 06, 2008, 09:27 PM
I don't think Cross would abandon his gun. Marie isn't really an attack innocence also if he did fake his own death the Earl would still be after him so he'd need some type of protection. Leaving without his innocence is as good as committing suicide. I think he allowed himself to be killed or maybe took his own life for the sake of something greater, maybe Allen, i dunno but i do know Cross needs his innocence, theres no way he could even capture Akuma to convert without it also we don't even know how he converts them.

and yeah the break is BS.

akiranowe
August 06, 2008, 10:17 PM
If you remember the beginning of chapter 165, everything happened from Allen entering the new HQ until Cross's death was some flashback. So, maybe the line in the cover page was something to be said on "present" in the story. The "present" when Allen and Co were fighting akuma in the second part of the chapter.
Who knows, we might be able to see Cross again in the "future" ;)

Fallen.
August 06, 2008, 10:18 PM
I think cross is still alive and he's running away from the order because someone is evil and he's gonna talk to allen later in the story and tell him who it is , he didn't take judgment because he might not of had time to do so,or because hevlaska can track the innocence.

rhapsody blue
August 06, 2008, 10:29 PM

Cross is probably hiding from them. If he fakes his death, he would not want anyone from the Order to see him because if they do, they would want him to come back. We know that Cross hates the Order (probably b/c of Malcolm :amuse) and he knows that they would hunt him down until they catch him.

Some people in the exorcists_order community speculates that Maria helps Cross escape and I think that she probably hides him with her invisibility spell as well.

Fallen.
August 06, 2008, 11:49 PM
yea, hevlaska wouldn't be able to find him with maria because it's marias innocence and he controls her with magic .

Re0n
August 06, 2008, 11:59 PM
I've seen some suggestions that the gun was a fake, or Cross faked his death. First of all leaving a fake gun will not throw off the order because they can tell if its innocence or not, they aren't stupid (not to mention they can take a look at its inner mechanics). Second, he faked his death right when someone just happened to knocked on his door, and Cross acted out his behavior prior to opening the door just for the crowd? right... So who knocked? Was it an insider he paid to play the part of the assailant? Na.

The situation makes it seem like cross is expecting it yet he is cautious; thus, leading me to believe that his use fullness had ended for the order and its time to dispose of him (and he knows that).

Heres were I can't tell whats happening. I just can't believe that the order had someone strong enough to take out cross that fast and no one even heard a whisper. I don't think its was anything from The Earl. It was probably planned out and involved someone whom cross didn't think was capable of killing him. Cross opens the door, sees a familiar face, lets his guard down, and (silently) gets killed with a hidden weapon of some sort.

akiranowe
August 07, 2008, 12:04 AM
Cross would only let his guard down in front of some pretty and hot ladies. XD

Fallen.
August 07, 2008, 12:14 AM
lol might of been general cloud nine then .

Darklight0303
August 07, 2008, 04:33 AM
Sounds to me like most people are way too hopeful Cross is alive and for what? So he owned Tiky and The Level 4 that doesn't make him invulnerable. The story would be much more complex and intriguing if Cross was really dead and someone just stole his corpse for god knows what purpose

sabret00the
August 07, 2008, 06:14 AM
So Cross faked his death in order to leave the Order?!

Andzu
August 07, 2008, 07:29 AM
Maybe Hoshino hasn`t decided herself yet, whether to kill Cross or not ))
But this strange disappearence makes me hopeful ^^

mitokomon
August 07, 2008, 07:30 AM
Well I really want to believe he faked his death, but dunno it looks way too realistic to me and kinda unnecessary too (in that situation at least) -_-'
If he did fake it (I hope), then why not to take his innocence he'll surely need it, right?
I dunno why, but this part of the story -I mean Cross being in a mystery- feels a bit rushed, I hope Hoshino'll turn it to something more interesting and unexpected, cuz I'm still a little shocked to read something like this right after learning, that Allen'll turn in to a noah ^^

Magical Poof
August 07, 2008, 07:51 AM
Some people in the exorcists_order community speculates that Maria helps Cross escape and I think that she probably hides him with her invisibility spell as well.

That's a pretty good idea, I think... On the other hand, maybe he was taken away by some sort of 14th-related personages. I mean, look here: http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/137/15/
That old guy dying in the hut was obviously related to the 14th in some way, so maybe there are still more people who know about the 14 or something...

On a completely random note, has anyone else noticed how similiar Malcom and the Head Nurse look? They both have the same eyebrows XD

Koen
August 07, 2008, 08:06 AM
Isn't it possible cross is dead for real? We can't be sure but this might not be a set up then. He's taken away by the killer himself (and even then, it could be this has happened too in the hypothesis he's wounded but then he still kidnapped). Why? What did we see? Just a room with cross dead (wounded?). So it's perfectly possible the murderer also kidnapped him, no? Because that guy/murderer has certainly plans and it could that cross' muder (attempt?) and dissapearence might be part of the plan.

So I think that the dissapearance and the muder (attempt?) might be someone's plan which also is the motive behind all this. But why? good or bad? who? that's guessing

addenza
August 07, 2008, 08:21 AM
Actually, other than the doubts about Cross' death, I also wonder who is the assailant... >"< But at the time when Cross had "disappeared", he might have just used Maria to cover himself, then escape somehow when the people are gone... (That's what was said, right? >"<)

TwilightDreamer06
August 07, 2008, 09:10 AM
On a completely random note, has anyone else noticed how similiar Malcom and the Head Nurse look? They both have the same eyebrows XD

Totally noticed! Maybe they are related? XDD?

The story would be much more complex and intriguing if Cross was really dead and someone just stole his corpse for god knows what purpose
True true, but Cross is just too awesome to be killed already. ;___;

Rather than killed, I think it'd be pretty interesting if he was kidnapped by either the Order or the Noah. He seemed pretty content w/ hanging around Allen for a while so it's a little strange if he just ran away again. Then again, if he ran off since his life is in danger b/c the Order, I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't think he died just yet and I think he still has a greater role to play in the story. He's the one who knows most about the 14th/Mana at this point so Allen is bound to meet up w/ him again.

After reading this thread, I suggest/agree/propose that Link was the one who shot him and Cross ran away using Maria. :D

I dunno why, but this part of the story -I mean Cross being in a mystery- feels a bit rushed, I hope Hoshino'll turn it to something more interesting and unexpected, cuz I'm still a little shocked to read something like this right after learning, that Allen'll turn in to a noah ^^
Seriously! This was all a bit too fast (lol, you don't get that complaint often.XD) After such big news, you'd expect some angst or Allen-Walker-style positive thinking to help us absorb the info. But no, it's bang! Cross died, bang! he's gone. And we don't even know anything about what happened the morning after or how Allen's dealing w/ it. Maybe Hoshino-sensei didn't want too much chps. spent on dialogue and fast-forwarded to the action? Either way I'm dreading the 3 week break. T___T

rhapsody blue
August 07, 2008, 09:48 AM
Script:

クロスのドアの前で寝こけてる見張り二人。(クロスの酒自腹で買い生かされた人達?)
寝てたのに気付いてあわてて起きる。
一人がクロスがいるか、逃げてないかドアを開けると死体見ちゃう。慌ててドア閉める。
もう一人にルベリエ呼びに行かせて一人になったところで、
部屋の中からガシャンって音。銃を構えてドアを開ける見張り。
窓が割れててクロスの体なし。
窓のさん?にクロスの仮面。床にジャッジメント。

この日以来クロス・マリアンの姿を見たものは誰もいない。

十日後ロンドン。

チェスするリンク。
後ろでミランダがリバースとタイムアウトでリンクと幽霊の姉とマオサとキエを守ってる。
結界装置のバッテリーが切れたらしい。
神田とアクマの戦い。一刀両断。

ミランダに「イノセンス渡せ ここ開けろ!」とミランダのタイムアウトフィールドの壁?を殴るアクマ。
ミランダ「いい、嫌ですぅ~~!!あなた私たちを殺すでしょう?」
アクマ「当たり前だクソ女ぁ!!」
チェスに没頭するリンク
アクマ「この貧弱女がぁ」
ミランダ「そ…そろそろ私の体力が」
アクマ「この糞・糞・糞・糞・糞女あああ」
ミランダとアクマの間に割ってはいるアレン
アレン「糞とか貧弱とか女性に対して失礼にも程がある」
アレン、アクマ一刀両断
アレン「哀れなアクマに魂の救済を」

神田「オイそっちはどうなってる 負けてたら殺すぞ」
ミランダ「そっそんな言い方は良くないわ神田くん ハワードさん以外私たちみんな負けちゃったんだから……」
神田「うるせぇ」
リンク、チェックメイト。
墓の前で手だけの幽霊とチェスしてたリンク(達)
手が人差し指に嵌めてた指輪がイノセンス
幽霊はチェスチャンピオンで死んだ後夜な夜な化けて出てたらしい。
幽霊の姉が「お前は負けたんだ もうここいらでいいだろう?」というと
幽霊の手が砂になり指輪だけチェス盤の上に残る。
神田がゴーレム越しにイノセンス回収報告。
「おk、ゲート開けるから帰ってこーい」

あおり
物語は新局面へ------

ミランダ、アレン、神田とも新団服の上に新団服をシンプルにアレンジ?した
おそろいのロングコート。

限界ー。画バレできなくてすみません。
明日の夜だったら出来ると思います。

I will add more as soon as it is posted.
[hr]

とりあえず兄ちゃんに送るためにスキャンした一部画バレ
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/uporg1594036.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/uporg1594039.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/uporg1594047.jpg

相変わらずでかいので調整師さんヨロノシ

Dofla
August 07, 2008, 09:57 AM
http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1076/79bc9410750913.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/79bc9410750913/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/1076/25f48610750917.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/25f48610750917/)http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/1076/1d2d3c10751052.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/1d2d3c10751052) Free Image Hosting (http://www.freeimagehosting.me)

Magical Poof
August 07, 2008, 09:58 AM
From the incoherent jumble of babelfish I've gathered that after Cross goes missing we resume ten days later during the middle of a battle involving Miranda, Link, Kanda and Allen against some (woman? sister?) akuma...

I wanted to know what Malcom decided about Allen! What happened to announcing it the next day? Surely just beause Cross vanished he isn't holding off on Allen's fate? Or will we be subjected to flashbacks again?

WTF? Why are they fighting in those uniforms? It's seems stupid to have all those things dangling off your chest, not to mention they don't look as flexible as the old ones...

Fallen.
August 07, 2008, 10:13 AM
yea that's what I've said before about the flexibility of the uniforms , they kinda of resemble general uniforms, also allen looks a bit down in this chapter which isn't surprising.

Digital_Eon
August 07, 2008, 10:57 AM
Oh god, not more Kanda fanservice... :notrust

Random thoughts:

1) Oh hey, is that a level 3?
2) ...It's one of Chaozi's buddies! (Forget which one. Maosa or Kie?) Good to see him again.

Darklight0303
August 07, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm finding this chapter almost as big a disappointment as the Zombie Arc ending chapter. Just as rushed.

black-machinery
August 07, 2008, 11:49 AM
Nice camshots!

Btw... about Cross thing... I've been thinking and maybe Jasdebi twins have something to do with it. We know nothing about what happened to them, in theory they disappeared with the Ark, so, they were reloaded later but we haven't had news of them... Maybe they did hide in the Ark.
It's not so strange, in fact, they were searching for Cross...

It's my theory, there can be a lot of them...

ZiBiX
August 07, 2008, 12:03 PM
ehhh so Hoshino made a time skip >.> from the Cross disappearence/death to akuma fight passed 10days... so maybe we would learn what happened in the 10days hole... maybe Malcolm told about allen ehh so next chapter will be in 2 or 3weeks ? (I know that Hoshino is taking a break but cant remmember for how long)

miranu
August 07, 2008, 12:42 PM
Oohh we'll get to see Mirandas new Uniform? :D I've been waiting for that ^^
About Kanda.. don't like the guy, okay.. throw the stones Kanda fangirls XD
About Cross.. :( It's a bit unfair, to close things like this.
Waitin' for the raw :)

Mylenne
August 07, 2008, 01:32 PM
o.O Weee, it`s not only in the anime, Kanda is appearing in the manga too...well, there are fans of Kanda that maybe miss him. But, I`m a Allen`s fan and will not forgive Hoshino if Kanda doesn`t make a interesting chapter ¬¬

Ouuuu, and I want to hug Allen... he need to be hugged!! :gorgy

Marwim
August 07, 2008, 01:37 PM
Wow, thanks for the images... I like the new image of Kanda... he has changed a little, though... And Miranda too!!! i'd like to see Lenalee in this mission T.T

I hope the chapter be released tomorrow!!! Thanks again ^^

CatTheTerrible
August 07, 2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the scans! :D I like the new Mugen. Makes me wonder what Lavi's hammer is going to look like now. But yeah, I was really hoping to hear what Lvellie would say to everyone about Allen. T_T Maybe we'll get a flashback later.

On another note... is Kanda seriously wearing a giant coat, over his giant coat? -_-; Really, Kanda? Really?

Grimjaww
August 07, 2008, 04:52 PM
Cross is a tricky character, I mean if he really did fake his death than why did he leave Judgement there. Also I highly doubt that Jasdebi could kill Cross, I mean Cross was owning Tyki, who seems to the strongest, without even trying. If Cross really is dead, than whoever did it was extremely strong, maybe it was an assasination issued by the Vatican? I mean the only other people stronger than the Generals that we know of now are The Earl and Great Generals.........

black-machinery
August 07, 2008, 04:59 PM
Cross is a tricky character, I mean if he really did fake his death than why did he leave Judgement there. Also I highly doubt that Jasdebi could kill Cross, I mean Cross was owning Tyki, who seems to the strongest, without even trying. If Cross really is dead, than whoever did it was extremely strong, maybe it was an assasination issued by the Vatican? I mean the only other people stronger than the Generals that we know of now are The Earl and Great Generals.........

Well, I didn't say Jasdebi killed Cross, just catching him out of guard and kidnap him or something...
I don't think Jasdebi are stronger than Tykr, but maybe they caught him in a different situation than when he arrived as the master of the scene and fought Tyki... even the strongest ones have weak points, who knows...

Grimjaww
August 07, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well, I didn't say Jasdebi killed Cross, just catching him out of guard and kidnap him or something...
I don't think Jasdebi are stronger than Tykr, but maybe they caught him in a different situation than when he arrived as the master of the scene and fought Tyki... even the strongest ones have weak points, who knows...

Well they didn't catch him off guard, he was reaching for judgement, he sensed something, or atleast it was made to look like it.

Broken
August 07, 2008, 10:03 PM
Awesome!

I'm loving the new Mugen it has a more traditional katana look to it with the hilt. Why are so many people on here not fans of Kanda the kid is a beast and it's not like he means to be rude it's just his way of relating to people. ^_^

And am i the only one who thinks the new uniforms are pimp?! they have a more religious look to them instead of the black and white power ranger suits they had in the last few arcs.

MaydayParade
August 07, 2008, 10:50 PM
OMG i love the new Mugen! I just hope this mean Lavi's hammer innocence get's an upgrade as well. But thing is, I think Cross actually is dead.

Whoever said that he wasn't finished playing his role was correct, but in Air Gear, Spitfire played a huge role as Kogarasumaru's trainer from beyond the grave. You never know, because this is manga. Things don't make since.

Fallen.
August 07, 2008, 11:02 PM
Well they didn't catch him off guard, he was reaching for judgement, he sensed something, or atleast it was made to look like it.

I still think he left judgment because it was traceable with hevlaska's power,if they could trace the location of judgment they would find cross,and cross didn't want hq to find him because someone is working for the earl undercover.He probably took maria since that's not his innocence and hevlaska can't trace it since the user is dead and cross controls maria with a spell.

CatTheTerrible
August 07, 2008, 11:06 PM
I still think he left judgment because it was traceable with hevlaska's power,if they could trace the location of judgment they would find cross

So why didn't they just do that in the first place, instead of sending Allen and co. to hell and back looking for him?

Onomatopoeia
August 07, 2008, 11:26 PM
It's possible that Cross's death has changed some decisions, I mean the Order has just lost a general and now they have only three left... Leverrier probablly knows about Allen's acsension into 100+ synchro rate so is it so crazy to suspect that Allen will become a general rather soon?

Fallen.
August 07, 2008, 11:56 PM
maybe , after the investigation , @ cat , umm maybe somethings changed in judgement ,after all "hitler" was inspecting him.

elmo11
August 08, 2008, 02:48 AM
the new suits are wonderful, they look more like traditional church officer clothing :)

endless_dream
August 08, 2008, 05:42 AM
the new uniforms looks great:D Anyway, I wonder why did Hoshino want to do a time skip in this chapter...I wanted to know whether the black order found out if cross is dead or missing...(I still believe that Cross didn't die, he seems to be too much of an important character to die...) More importantly, I want to know what Rouvelier's decision with Allen, I hope it isn't too bad or serious...btw, is it just me or does it seem like DGM had been taking a lot of breaks recently...

Punky fish
August 08, 2008, 05:53 AM
Anyway, I wonder why did Hoshino want to do a time skip in this chapter...

To save all good stuff till later^^ Something to wait for. But I really, really want to hear that announcement thing. And three weeks is too long time. It would be okay if it would be just two weeks but no.....
Isn't there anyone who can speak japanese and translate the script thing?

F2C
August 08, 2008, 06:31 AM
the new uniforms looks great:D Anyway, I wonder why did Hoshino want to do a time skip in this chapter...I wanted to know whether the black order found out if cross is dead or missing...(I still believe that Cross didn't die, he seems to be too much of an important character to die...) More importantly, I want to know what Rouvelier's decision with Allen, I hope it isn't too bad or serious...btw, is it just me or does it seem like DGM had been taking a lot of breaks recently...

I totally agree, we haven't learn much about Cross although the first arc was almost only Cross centered with his "hunt" by Allen's team.

Btw, the fact that Cross said "don't die before it's over this time" makes me think of an hypothesis (probably completely mad, anyway) : what if Cross was the 14th's brother and made everyone think that Mana was ? He has a hole on his mask which reminds the stigmatas seen on each Noah when they turn into their darker side.
In this case, knowing that Leverrier and co would push the interogatory further if he stayed in the Order, he decided to fake his death and disapearance so that he could act as always in the shadows ; that would also explains why he would have left Judgement, abandonning the symbol of his relation with exorcists and concentrating on -forbidden by the Order- techniques.
Anyway, that was just a completely mad hypothesis. ^^

Punky fish
August 08, 2008, 06:47 AM
I totally agree, we haven't learn much about Cross although the first arc was almost only Cross centered with his "hunt" by Allen's team.

Btw, the fact that Cross said "don't die before it's over this time" makes me think of an hypothesis (probably completely mad, anyway) : what if Cross was the 14th's brother and made everyone think that Mana was ?

That is simply too random, plus against most what has been told in the manga. Why would Mana be involved in this case if he wasn't related to the 14th?! I think Cross just knew Mana and the 14th. And that "After the 14th died, Mana kind of lost it" and the picture of Mana and the 14th makes it clear. Mana was the 14th's brother, the end.

gorbal
August 08, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hikari_ryuu posted this translation on D. Gray Divinity- Link (http://www.dgraydivinity.net/forum/index.php)

Ok translations from that baidu site (Forgive me if its sucks cause my mandarin is kinda bad)

Two guards fell asleep in front of Cross's room (The sad people who have to buy him wine?)
They panicked when they realised they took a nap.
One of them opened the door to check if Cross had escaped, saw his 'body' and shut the door immediently.
One guard stayed behind while the other went to find Leverrier. There was a sound of breaking glass. (I suppose that's the sound). The guard who stayed behind opened the door to check.
The window was broken and the 'body' was gone.
Only Cross's half mask(on the window sill) and judgement (on the floor) were left behind.

No one saw Cross from then on.

10 days later in London.

Link was playing chess with a female ghost. Miranda was using her Time Record to protect Link and the ghost. She was reaching her limit.
Kanda was (as usual) thrashing a level 3 Akuma.

Another level 3 was trying to break Miranda's time out while saying "Open up and Hand the Innocence over.
Miranda: "No, I won't do that! You'll kill us!"
Akuma : "Of course, you damn woman."
Link continues focusing on the chess game.
Akuma: "You sad woman."
Miranda: "I...can't hold the barrier up any longer."
Akuma: "You stinkin stinkin woman!!!"
Then Allen comes between the Akuma and Miranda.
Allen: "You're being too rude to a lady." (Gets rid of Akuma)
Allen: "I'll save the soul of this pitiful Akuma."

Kanda: Oi, are you alright over that side? we'll get killed if you lose.
Miranda: PLease don't say that, Kanda-kun. Anyone other that Howard-san would lose.
Kanda: Shut up...

Link was playing chess against a hand of a ghost. The ring on the hand contains innocence.
The ghost was a national champion in chess. She died and became a earthbound ghost whos shows up at night.
Ghost: I have lost, I no longer have the need to stay here anymore.
The hand shrivelled and turned into dust, leaving the ring behind.
Kanda reported back to the Order.
"Ok, open the gate, we're coming back."

Reffering to this thread-

link (http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=461967796)

I notice Baidu sometimes has raws and spoilers before us or 2chan. (and sometimes it doesn't)

Zibi234
August 08, 2008, 01:07 PM
Here is a LQ raw

DGM 169

http://www.mediafire.com/?j147ucn7e5e

Magical Poof
August 08, 2008, 01:42 PM
Allen looks all emo on page 15! This was a boring chapter, but it looks more like Cross's weight broke the window and he fell out, XDDDDDDD

I wonder if the color page has everyone porportional to their popularity. Allen's so small! But at least he's one of the chibis in the front, too... D:

Nekoofdeath
August 08, 2008, 01:43 PM
It seems like Timcampy is bigger than he was before. Maybe he ate Cross? xD

I don't really know if Cross is dead, but even if he is, he will probably still have a way to affect the plot, through magic or science or whatever.

hideseeker
August 08, 2008, 01:58 PM
Those are very weird looking Level 3s.

Has the Earl decided to merge 2 or more together to enhance their individual power and increase the chance of a level 4?

ying_su
August 08, 2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the RAW!!!!!
Uahh!!
This chapter is great, Kanda looks wonderful!!!

PErfect, i was expecting that: Oh my!!!, Cross can't dye so easily!!!!!

Thanks again!! LEts wait for the translations!!