PDA

View Full Version : Gotei 13 Timeline

Morlun
March 29, 2008, 06:33 AM
Use this thread to establish a timeline of events for the series
[hr]
I made a timeline with the known Gotei 13 (and peripheral organizations) rankings. I forgot to include Tessai in the wildcards. He'll be in next week's version 2.0, along with whatever the next chapter reveals, and with whatever corrections I am sent.

Speaking of corrections, please post any corrections you have (based on fact - please point to a manga chapter, page, and, if possible, mention the translator/scanlator), and they'll be included.

I tried to divide the eras the best as I could, but I made it all from memory. I probably have some stuff wrong, and the eras could probably use some adjustment - I can't really remember how long ago was each of the past flashbacks supposed to be.

Feel free to give any suggestions, (i.e., "based on <link to page>, we know that Kira and Hinamori were VC's 40 years ago, not 50", will make me correct the heading of the "50 years ago column").

Thank you. I hope this is useful! I'll try and have it updated weekly.

Beware before clicking the link, though: this will have pretty big spoilers for the Manga's current chapters (from the last week of March 2008 onwards).
[HR]
Version 1.05 is up: http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Changes:

- "Yamamoto-Genryusai Shigekuni" to "Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryusai";
- "Aizen Sousuke" to "Sousuke Aizen";
- "Hacchi" added;

And that's all. If next week there's no "-99", I'll start working on finishing the "by character" timeline.

Goji
March 29, 2008, 06:49 AM
Very cool idea! I like it. ^^

You should add a column "2000 years ago". That's the time when Yamamoto Genryusai founded the shinigami academy and shortly thereafter both Kyuraku and Ukitake graduated and became the two first captains who graduated from the academy to join the Gotei 13.

I'll go search for the chapter we hear it in now, but it also is stated on wikipedia.
CLICKY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigekuni_Yamamoto-Genry%C5%ABsai#1st_Division)

"General Yamamoto founded the shinigami academy about 2000 years before the main Bleach storyline. Yamamoto was himself a teacher at this academy, and personally instructed Kyōraku and Ukitake. He admits to being rather proud of Ukitake and Kyōraku. When they became captains, the first to do so from his academy, he "boasted about them as though they were his own sons.""

That's what I would like for you to change/add so far. Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: Unohana was probably also a captain already then, 'cause we hear Kyoraku call her "sempai" in this chapter (-108)... But we still don't know how she joined the gotei 13.

Added spoiler tags

brownbt
March 29, 2008, 07:22 AM
Just so you know, the Kenpachi that is referred to in the last chapter is probably not Isshin. We can infer this from Shinji's surprise at and unfamilarity with his reiatsu (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/03/) when Isshin reveals himself to the arrancarized Grand Fisher.
I wonder how he will be tied into this gaiden arc, if at all...
Also, you should remove Yachiru from the VC position at the times where "a Kenpachi" is the captain of 11th.
I'm reposting this in the thread you requested as well.

Stone
March 29, 2008, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=Goji;793157]Very cool idea! I like it. ^^

You should add a column "2000 years ago". That's the time when Yamamoto Genryusai founded the shinigami academy and shortly thereafter both Kyuraku and Ukitake graduated and became the two first captains who graduated from the academy to join the Gotei 13.
QUOTE]

Actually that would be 2000 years before chapter -108
So somewhere between 2110 and 2111 years ago depending on the time of the year at the foundation.

I made a time line last year febuary where i didn't have internet, lots of stuff in it but it's likely very confuseing.
Since many of the tings are assumptions regarding events that took place but we don't know where.

Morlun Really nice layoout, much more keen to the eye then Word^^'

If you want to have a look at the timeline i made to try and look for possible stuff to add in yours feel free to do so.

It's called Soul Socity Timeline posted it at: Bleachasyulm,Clubbleach,Bleachforums,Narutoforums & likely also at liveactionanime forums

It should cover a heavy part of the stuff accuring before the HM arc

I'll be looking forward to seeing Version 2 and hopefully many more version ;-)

Link if intereted:
http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=608

hyn_pride93
March 29, 2008, 07:48 AM
really nicelayout dude. I had something for you to edit but brownbr(sorry, brownbt) already took care of it. Good work and can't wait see what you are gonna do next. :D

Goji
March 29, 2008, 08:05 AM
Wow, also a nice timeline you got there Stone. You obviously put a lot of thought in that one.
Maybe you two could implement the two timelines into one whoopass-mega-timeline-thingy, that still has a nice and clear layout... ^^;

I must say, Bleach history is an interesting subject to talk/think about.

Sarmad
March 29, 2008, 08:31 AM
Thx for the Timeline .. i really needed something like this ^^

I also need to ask you lot something, but it may be a little off topic.
Was it ever explained why the shinigamis or rather the souls of SS grow old so differently? Rukia for example grew up pretty fast [from her time in rukongai to SS], almost like "in the real world", whereas Ukitake seems fairly young, but he's like over 200 soulyears :/

brownbt
March 29, 2008, 09:27 AM

I also need to ask you lot something, but it may be a little off topic.
Was it ever explained why the shinigamis or rather the souls of SS grow old so differently? Rukia for example grew up pretty fast [from her time in rukongai to SS], almost like "in the real world", whereas Ukitake seems fairly young, but he's like over 200 soulyears :/

Can't remember exactly where, but someone said that you have to sleep in order to age in SS. Maybe the longer lived ones don't sleep?

darknitemarch
March 29, 2008, 10:17 AM
I think that Hitsugaya said something like that to Hinamori when he was talking to her via the screen set up in Orihime's house, but I think it was a joke. He said, "Just look at Matsumoto, if you don't sleep you'll never catch up to that," but I think that was just him trying to get her to rest.

gigantor21
March 29, 2008, 11:07 AM
I think that Hitsugaya said something like that to Hinamori when he was talking to her via the screen set up in Orihime's house, but I think it was a joke. He said, "Just look at Matsumoto, if you don't sleep you'll never catch up to that," but I think that was just him trying to get her to rest.

Yeah, it was just a joke. In the first place, Hinamori will NEVER catch up with Matsumoto. She's not Hinata. :p

Great job on the timeline, Morlun.

Tsukisama
March 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
A very nice timeline. Thank you for making it, Morlun :hbunny

weixiaobao
March 30, 2008, 12:35 AM
wow comparing this to the world history timeline this is kinda crazy the academy was originated 2000 years ago, and i guess soul society have much more work back in the day due to many death cause by the lack of technology advancement..

brownbt
March 30, 2008, 12:40 AM
wow comparing this to the world history timeline this is kinda crazy the academy was originated 2000 years ago, and i guess soul society have much more work back in the day due to many death cause by the lack of technology advancement..

Actually, just because the population is so huge now, even though we have advanced medical technology, the death rate is higher now than ever before.

Morlun
March 30, 2008, 06:02 PM
Very cool idea! I like it. ^^

Morlun Really nice layoout, much more keen to the eye then Word^^'

I'll be looking forward to seeing Version 2 and hopefully many more version ;-)

really nicelayout dude. I had something for you to edit but brownbr(sorry, brownbt) already took care of it. Good work and can't wait see what you are gonna do next. :D

Great job on the timeline, Morlun.

A very nice timeline. Thank you for making it, Morlun :hbunny

Thanks all!

As it being keener on the eye than Word, you're not too far off... it's Excel, really. :-P

Anyway, I'm gonna save it as an HTML table as soon as I (bother to) find a host for it.

For further reference, consider all compliments to the timeline automatically thanked to. Also, consider all insults automatically replied to with a kick to the groin. :P

[hr] On to content, now. :D

I'll go search for the chapter we hear it in now, but it also is stated on wikipedia.
CLICKY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigekuni_Yamamoto-Genry%C5%ABsai#1st_Division)

"General Yamamoto founded the shinigami academy about 2000 years before the main Bleach storyline. Yamamoto was himself a teacher at this academy, and personally instructed Kyōraku and Ukitake. He admits to being rather proud of Ukitake and Kyōraku. When they became captains, the first to do so from his academy, he "boasted about them as though they were his own sons.""

That's what I would like for you to change/add so far. Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: Unohana was probably also a captain already then, 'cause we hear Kyoraku call her "sempai" in this chapter (-108)... But we still don't know how she joined the gotei 13.

Added spoiler tags

Thanks!

Anyway, what we know from 2,000 years ago is terribly vague. Yamamoto founded the Shinigami Academy, from which Shunsui and Ukitake were the first graduates to become Captains. We do not know, however, if Yamamoto was already the 1st Squad Captain (or even a Captain) at the time, we do not know how long it took for Ukitake and Shunsui to become Captains (it took a while for everyone else to do it), and even Unohana being their Senpai could just mean that she was a Vice-Captain above them or a teacher at the Academy at the time, even if she did become a Captain before them. For all we know, she became a Captain and Yamamoto was promoted from Random Squad Captain to 1st Squad Captain 1,950 years ago, and Shunsui and Ukitake became Captains 1,900 years ago... see my point? :) Everything would be a "?".

I don't really remember how Yamamoto said it, though... if it was more definite than that, I can include the 2,000 years ago column. Oh, and I'm gonna take Wikipedia info with a grain of salt... I mean, I could update Wikipedia myself, at this moment, and add info about Yoruichi and Soi Fon being lovers. It's not a bad notion, but it'd be fake. :D

Just so you know, the Kenpachi that is referred to in the last chapter is probably not Isshin. We can infer this from Shinji's surprise at and unfamilarity with his reiatsu (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/03/) when Isshin reveals himself to the arrancarized Grand Fisher.
I wonder how he will be tied into this gaiden arc, if at all...

Ah, good point!

Also, you should remove Yachiru from the VC position at the times where "a Kenpachi" is the captain of 11th.
I'm reposting this in the thread you requested as well.

Thanks! I replaced Zaraki by "a" in those columns after realizing we couldn't be sure it was him, and forgot to remove Yachiru. :-P

Actually that would be 2000 years before chapter -108
So somewhere between 2110 and 2111 years ago depending on the time of the year at the foundation.

Actually, it's 2,000 years before Yama-jii fought Shunsui and Ukitake, so it would be 2,000 years ago, right? Or am I missing something?

I made a time line last year febuary where i didn't have internet, lots of stuff in it but it's likely very confuseing.
Since many of the tings are assumptions regarding events that took place but we don't know where.

If you want to have a look at the timeline i made to try and look for possible stuff to add in yours feel free to do so.

It's called Soul Socity Timeline posted it at: Bleachasyulm,Clubbleach,Bleachforums,Narutoforums & likely also at liveactionanime forums

It should cover a heavy part of the stuff accuring before the HM arc

Link if intereted:
http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=608

Yeah, I found your timeline when I was building mine, trying to confirm the years of the flashbacks, but I was confused with the dates and decided to build mine from memory and trust that people would poke holes in it if I got something wrong... this is the internet after all. :-P

Wow, also a nice timeline you got there Stone. You obviously put a lot of thought in that one.
Maybe you two could implement the two timelines into one whoopass-mega-timeline-thingy, that still has a nice and clear layout... ^^;

I must say, Bleach history is an interesting subject to talk/think about.

As soon as I get the table into an HTML page, feel free to IFRAME it into any site. Don't just copy it, 'cause you'll miss the updates. :-) Then again, I could include a version number and a date, plus a link to the original. Yeah, that'd work. :-)

And yeah, it's an interesting subject. Kubo weaves his history finely. As an aspiring writer, this is something I am trying to do... and it must mean something that I'm working on a timeline for his work instead of my own. :D

Anyway, I hope I answered everything, and nothing got lost in the multi-quote shuffle. If I missed a suggestion/correction, please nudge me via PM. :)

patedecarne
March 31, 2008, 12:08 PM
Morlun, you're my hero, great one here! Sticky, Gig? This topic could be used in future referencies, a serious one, very well made!
I believe the topic should be used for clarification to new members...

gigantor21
March 31, 2008, 02:42 PM
^ Yeah, a stick seems in order. I'll take care of that right now.

monkey d scar
March 31, 2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Marlun for making this timeline. By the way :

I don't really remember how Yamamoto said it, though... if it was more definite than that, I can include the 2,000 years ago column. Oh, and I'm gonna take Wikipedia info with a grain of salt... I mean, I could update Wikipedia myself, at this moment, and add info about Yoruichi and Soi Fon being lovers. It's not a bad notion, but it'd be fake. :D

The 2,000 years thing was stated here : http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/79/23/

so it's more like 2100 years ago that Yama ji founded the Academy.

SantouryuZoro
March 31, 2008, 10:13 PM
If we look at http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/81/18-19/ we see that when the captains line up, Genryuusai is at the head with even-numbered division captains on one side, and odd-numbered division captains on the other and that the lowest number divisions are closest to him, and that missing divisions are simply left out.

The line up from 100 years ago seems to follow this pattern from what we can see.
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/316/16/
The 13th division captain is last on the odd side, the 12th division vice-captain is last on the even side (standing in since the captain seat is vacant until the end of the ceremony).
The 11th division captain is said to be absent, so the 9th division captain should be the next one on the odd side, which is Muguruma Kensei.

I'm not saying its solid proof, it just seems to make sense.

Morlun
April 05, 2008, 02:49 AM
The 11th division captain is said to be absent, so the 9th division captain should be the next one on the odd side, which is Muguruma Kensei.

I'm not saying its solid proof, it just seems to make sense.

It does, and it is solid enough. :-)

As for the Academy, yeah, it's probably 2100 years old, but still, knowing that doesn't change the fact that I'd have to put Yamamoto in the top and fill the rest of the column with "?" if I were to add a "2000 years ago" column. Actually, even Yamamoto would have a "(?)", 'cause he could very well be Captain of the 5th back then, for all we know. :)

Anyway, as promised, here's version 1.01 (not 2.0, lol), and in a website of its own to boot, instead of in a stupid .png file. :-P

http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Enjoy, and post any feedback you have.

Oh, and observations of the moment (or "How Kubo may have written himself into a corner"):

We know that:
- Kaname Tousen was Captain before Zaraki Kenpachi
- Kensei Muguruma is the 9th Captain
- There's a new Kenpachi (11th Captain) who has been implied to have defeated the previous
- Zaraki Kenpachi was said to have been the only Captain to gain his place by killing his predecessor

So, to sum it up, since Tousen isn't a Captain, if the Kenpachi we read about isn't someone else, it's a plot-hole. If it is someone else, then it may still be a plot hole, depending on how he got his place. :)

Oh, and the 6th Division Captain had Byakuya's scarf, therefore:

0 Division: Royal Guard
1st Division: Command
2nd Division: Secret Corps
11th Division: Combat
12th Division: Research
And now, 6th Division: Kuchiki dinasty. Elitist bastards. j/k :P

SantouryuZoro
April 05, 2008, 11:31 PM
It may just be the translation, but when Love says "the previous kenpachi's ineptitude made it all possible" http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/316/11/ couldn't that mean that he left the spot open by dying or something along those lines rather than being killed by the then-new kenpachi?

Tsukisama
April 05, 2008, 11:59 PM
It may just be the translation, but when Love says "the previous kenpachi's ineptitude made it all possible" http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/316/11/ couldn't that mean that he left the spot open by dying or something along those lines rather than being killed by the then-new kenpachi?

Perhaps, but there is a definite implication that the Kenpachi died by the hands of the new Kenpachi.

TheChosenOne
April 06, 2008, 12:01 AM
I hope that the Gaiden soon clears out which Kenpachi is the current 11th squad captain, really getting confusing since all 11th squads captain's are Kenpachi. :darn

Tsukisama
April 06, 2008, 12:02 AM
I hope that the Gaiden soon clears out which Kenpachi is the current 11th squad captain, really getting confusing since all 1th squads are Kenpachi. :darn

I find it hard to imagine Kubo going the entire gaiden without showing the Kenpachi.

TheChosenOne
April 06, 2008, 12:08 AM
I dunno I mean if Zaraki isn't the current Kenpachi then it's likely Kubo won't focus since the story is revolving around vaizards, aizen and urahara. :)

Tsukisama
April 06, 2008, 12:14 AM
I dunno I mean if Zaraki isn't the current Kenpachi then it's likely Kubo won't focus since the story is revolving around vaizards, aizen and urahara. :)

I also don't think that Kenpachi will be a major focus of the story, but I don't think that Kubo would pass the opportunity for this Kenpachi to at least make an appearance somewhere during the gaiden.

Neuroff
April 06, 2008, 06:23 AM
The timeline looks great. The only question I have is how come you have Aigawa Love (?) for 210 years ago? It should just be Yamamoto, Unohana, Kyouraku, and Juushirou shouldn't it?

Morlun
April 06, 2008, 01:33 PM
The timeline looks great. The only question I have is how come you have Aigawa Love (?) for 210 years ago? It should just be Yamamoto, Unohana, Kyouraku, and Juushirou shouldn't it?

Hmm... good point. I can't remember my reasoning at the time. I was probably thinking that they hadn't mentioned for how long had he been a Captain, but they said the only Captains from 100 years before are Yamamoto, Unohana and the dynamic duo... so I screwed up. :)

TheChosenOne
April 06, 2008, 01:48 PM
I also don't think that Kenpachi will be a major focus of the story, but I don't think that Kubo would pass the opportunity for this Kenpachi to at least make an appearance somewhere during the gaiden.

True, Kubo just may give this Kenpachi an appearence to clear up any doubts about which Kenpachi it is. :)

Nodini 2.0
April 06, 2008, 06:57 PM
It´s kinda cool. So much info concentrated.

though i think that many things will change, isshin was surely a former captain, the problem is to know when he left. he didn´t use shinigami powers for 20years, he knows aizen and the vaizards, urahara knows him, pretty well actually...

Grande paciência, continua o bom trabalho :)

SantouryuZoro
April 07, 2008, 12:06 AM
From Wikipedia

* Captain: Shūsuke Amagai (天貝 繡助, Amagai Shūsuke?)

Shūsuke Amagai is the new captain of the 3rd Division, set to be introduced in an anime-exclusive arc to begin in April.[5] He somewhat resembles Shunsui Kyōraku, having an unkempt appearance, though his clothes are more ordinary. He also has a similar attitude, being bright, lively and unpretentious. He carries two weapons: his zanpakutō, which he wears to his side in the standard fashion, and a claymore-like weapon held-up by a loose-hanging brown strap.

[5] http://www.bleach-fan.jp/amagai/index.html

If anyone wants to/can translate that page, feel free to confirm.
If this is accurate, I don't see how he can become captain in the anime and have someone else become captain in the manga.

Point being...I guess he's the new captain of the 3rd Division?

Morlun
April 07, 2008, 02:47 AM
Well, the timeline will be manga-only. So, unless this Amagai character pops up either in Hueco Mundo or in fake-Karakura for the war, I'm going to assume he's nothing more than filler. :)

Thanks for the info, though.

Grande paciência, continua o bom trabalho :)

:)

Brigado. O maior já foi, agora é só actualizar e mandar por FTP uma vez por semana. ;)

gigantor21
April 07, 2008, 08:46 PM
^ Do you have any plans to do Karakura and HM timelines? Just curious.

Morlun
April 08, 2008, 12:53 PM
I dunno... maybe when we have more information. Right now, I feel a Karakura chart would be an awesomely empty one. :)

An Espada chart, however, would be a bit fuller... but I'd have no "ages" to sort the changes in rank. We need more Hueco Mundo flashbacks. Unlike the Gotei 13, knowing Aaroniero was one of the original Espada does me no good, because he could have been through all the ranks throughout the years.

runyan
April 08, 2008, 04:40 PM
Nice work and thanks for the awesome chart. I did catch one thing that might be off: I believe Rukia stated that her brother and Gin became captains at the same time and the chart has them 10years apart.

Edit: Here's the reference http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/145/05/

Morlun
April 09, 2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks, good point. I'll correct it in the next update. By removing Byakuya from 60 years ago, I think... since we know that 60 years ago, Gin was Aizen's Vice-Captain (from Hisagi, Hinamori, Renji and Kira's misadventure in the real world against Aizen's reiatsu-masking hollows).

That *was* 60 years ago, right? Did they give us any timeframe for that?

patedecarne
April 09, 2008, 02:27 PM
IIRC, the exact time wasn't mentioned in that disaster, but well, it happened at least 60 years, because Gin still was a Vc, and so Byakuya, if the man behind old kuchiki is really Byakuya;

I was looking in many chapters ago, and didn't find any solid evidence about this event, unfortunately...

Morlun
April 20, 2008, 05:51 AM
Well... since this week there was nothing new, rank-wise, I'll leave the next update for after chapter -105. I'll correct the Gin/Byakuya thing then too.

I'm also thinking on adding a character-oriented chart: instead of year and rank, with characters in the table, year and character, and their respecive ranks/whereabouts at the time. That could work better for both Karakura and Hueco Mundo.
[hr]
Version 1.02 is done. The timeline by character is half-done, so maybe next week I'll have it up too.

Updates:
- Corrected Sasakibe, Oomaeda and Hinamori's names (order was switched).
- Removed Byakuya from 60 years ago as possible Captain.
- Added Gin to 100 years ago as possible Vice-Captain.

Anyone has any idea of the time frame of:

- Nel, Dordoni, Cirucci and Gantebein's days as Espada?
- Aizen forming the Espada?
- Aaroniero becoming an Espada? (All of these three should be the same.)
- Nnoitra's, Grimmjow's, Nel's or Tesla's flashbacks?
- The Shinigami/Quincy war.

http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Enjoy, and post any feedback you have.

Tsukisama
April 20, 2008, 03:47 PM
The timeline looks wonderful as always. I was wondering why you have Love Aigawa with a question mark in the "210 years ago" column. All of the other names menioned in the column were said to have been around then; all of the other current captains from 110 years ago were not captains then, including Love. Also, the times at which you have Chojiro Sasakibe listed with a question mark seem a little arbitrary. You could just as easily list him in the position in the earlier columns with a question mark.

All that I know regarding the Shinigami-Quincy war is that it primarily took place around 200 years ago according to Tessai. I don't think Kubo has said anything more on the matter, unless it is in one of the databooks.

segua
April 20, 2008, 10:27 PM
From the manga, it seems to suggest that either Aizen or someone had literally numbered and continued to renumbered the Arrancars based on strength (correct me if I'm mistaken) from 1 to 99. From what Dordonii said, before the Aizen obtained the hougyoku, there were already Espadas or natural Espadas or those who presently are referred to as the Privaron Espadas. So we might say that those who were created as new Espadas must've been only after Aizen had obtained and awoken the hougyoku.

Aaroniero's admittance as an Espada has to deal closely with the time of Kaien Shiba's supposed death at Rukia's hands. I assume that after consuming and absorbing Kaien Shiba's and Metastacia that Aaroniero gained enough reiatsu to even be acknowledged as strong enough to be considered a Espada though only a gillian type or natural type (?).

So for the past Espadas and even the arrancars , it could've been that Aizen recruited them, at most, about 100 years ago. I suppose, we must wait and see when Aizen becomes interested in this whole surpassing the limits of a shinigami to warrant his desires for hollow/shinigami experimentations.

The Shinigami war must've taken place earlier than the current time in the Arc. Recall that Mayuri had said that when he took over the SS Research Institution after Urahara that Quincies were rare or that the numbers of Quincies were "low."

Morlun
April 22, 2008, 02:06 PM
The timeline looks wonderful as always. I was wondering why you have Love Aigawa with a question mark in the "210 years ago" column. All of the other names menioned in the column were said to have been around then; all of the other current captains from 110 years ago were not captains then, including Love.

Good point. I was thinking on who Shinji said that had recently become a Captain, and forgot that Shunsui and Ukitake definitely excluded Love.

Also, the times at which you have Chojiro Sasakibe listed with a question mark seem a little arbitrary. You could just as easily list him in the position in the earlier columns with a question mark.

I admit it's a little arbitrary, but since we haven't seen him in any flashback until now, we can't be sure he was VC 10 years ago... and since we haven't seen him in the Gaiden arc, I'm defaulting that as "wasn't VC at the time".

Not just for him: if you notice, Isane, Iba and Nemu are three other VCs I'm assuming weren't that 100 years ago, even though there's no indication either way.

... argh. "Isane Kotetsu". Should be Kotetsu Isane. Every week I correct someone's name. Every week I find more names to correct. :)

All that I know regarding the Shinigami-Quincy war is that it primarily took place around 200 years ago according to Tessai. I don't think Kubo has said anything more on the matter, unless it is in one of the databooks.

The Shinigami war must've taken place earlier than the current time in the Arc. Recall that Mayuri had said that when he took over the SS Research Institution after Urahara that Quincies were rare or that the numbers of Quincies were "low."

Ah, good points, both of you! Thanks!

From the manga, it seems to suggest that either Aizen or someone had literally numbered and continued to renumbered the Arrancars based on strength (correct me if I'm mistaken) from 1 to 99.

Actually, Shaw Long said that the Espada were ranked by strength, and the Numeros by age. Which indicates that Nakim was probably 12 or 14, and that Grimmjow was probably the first post-Hougyoku Espada. Since Iceringer and Grand Fisher were associated with D.Roy, they could be 12, 14 or 17 too... or GF could have been unnumbered. All we can do is hypothesize. :)

From what Dordonii said, before the Aizen obtained the hougyoku, there were already Espadas or natural Espadas or those who presently are referred to as the Privaron Espadas. So we might say that those who were created as new Espadas must've been only after Aizen had obtained and awoken the hougyoku.

Yeah, Dordonii said that the pre-Hougyoku Espada had no chance after Aizen got the Hougyoku. I assume that the old Espada were what Isshin called "mock-arrancar", those who removed their mask by force. I suppose that was the practice of relatively weak hollows, and that when Aizen got the Hougyoku, even though the old Espada were transformed with it, stronger menos were lined up and made arrancar, becoming Espada.

So, what I think happened was: Aizen formed the Espada with some of his experimental hollow hybrids and (maybe) some mock-arrancar. Aaroniero, Nel, Dordonii, Cirucci and Gantebein are the ones we know. When he got the Hougyoku, he experimented on Grand Fisher, and the two menos that attacked Ishida. Maybe on some more. When he got it right, he fully transformed his Espada, and sent them to round up Adjuchas and Vast Lords (which was what Nnoitra and Nel were doing in the flashback).

And the rest is history. :)

Aaroniero's admittance as an Espada has to deal closely with the time of Kaien Shiba's supposed death at Rukia's hands. I assume that after consuming and absorbing Kaien Shiba's and Metastacia that Aaroniero gained enough reiatsu to even be acknowledged as strong enough to be considered a Espada though only a gillian type or natural type (?).

Aaroniero said he was the only gillian in the Espada.

Anyway, since he was one of the first Espada, he could have been relatively weak (compared to the current ones). I doubt the others were much more than Gillians. Metastacia's powers may have enabled Aaroniero to remain an Espada, not just become one, since we know he was one of the original Espada. So the Espada could have been formed by Aizen even before this Gaiden, though I doubt that. I think this is where we'll see him start his hybridization experiments, and those will lead to the Espada.

So for the past Espadas and even the arrancars , it could've been that Aizen recruited them, at most, about 100 years ago. I suppose, we must wait and see when Aizen becomes interested in this whole surpassing the limits of a shinigami to warrant his desires for hollow/shinigami experimentations.

Yeah, I agree. In this arc, Aizen will get interested in hybridization. During the following century, he'll experiment on hollows, some of which will become his first Espada.

Tsukisama
April 23, 2008, 03:24 AM
I admit it's a little arbitrary, but since we haven't seen him in any flashback until now, we can't be sure he was VC 10 years ago... and since we haven't seen him in the Gaiden arc, I'm defaulting that as "wasn't VC at the time".

Not just for him: if you notice, Isane, Iba and Nemu are three other VCs I'm assuming weren't that 100 years ago, even though there's no indication either way.

... argh. "Isane Kotetsu". Should be Kotetsu Isane. Every week I correct someone's name. Every week I find more names to correct. :)

I would doubt that Iba would not have been a lieutenant 100 years ago. We know that he did not transfer out of the 11th division and become a lieutenant until some time after Kenpachi and Ikkaku joined the division. We don't have any information yet on when that occurred, but I would still wager that he was not lieutenant for some time after 100 years ago.

As for Sasakibe, the only good information that we have on his history with SS so far comes from the databook (http://kay-willow.livejournal.com/222040.html), which describes him as a part of a "famous pair" with Yamamoto, implying that he has been his VC for a long time. It seems as though if anyone would warrant having their name listed at this time with a question mark beside it it would be Sasakibe and to only have him listed with a question mark until 60 years ago seems a little too arbitrary given his noted long amount of service.

Morlun
April 27, 2008, 06:50 AM
I would doubt that Iba would not have been a lieutenant 100 years ago. We know that he did not transfer out of the 11th division and become a lieutenant until some time after Kenpachi and Ikkaku joined the division. We don't have any information yet on when that occurred, but I would still wager that he was not lieutenant for some time after 100 years ago.

True, that. I'd wager he became a Vice-Captain in the same time-frame as Hinamori, Kira and/or Hisagi.

As for Sasakibe, the only good information that we have on his history with SS so far comes from the databook (http://kay-willow.livejournal.com/222040.html), which describes him as a part of a "famous pair" with Yamamoto, implying that he has been his VC for a long time. It seems as though if anyone would warrant having their name listed at this time with a question mark beside it it would be Sasakibe and to only have him listed with a question mark until 60 years ago seems a little too arbitrary given his noted long amount of service.

Ah, thanks. I have never read the databook. Yes, it's grounds to give him the benefit of the doubt. My prior, subcounscious reasoning was that "he's too weak to have been a Vice-Captain 100 years ago". If he was, I guess he didn't really evolve. Ichigo took him out with one kick, or one punch, or whatever. :)
[hr]
Version 1.03 is up: http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Changes:

- "Isane Kotetsu" to "Kotetsu Isane";
- "Sasakibe Chojiro (?)" stretched to "110 years ago";
- "101 years ago" column added;
- "Guy in Background" added as 6th Squad VC;
- Also, waiting for clarification on this (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=836749#post836749). Added a note on it.

The "by character" timeline is still a way from completion.

Tsukisama
April 27, 2008, 02:59 PM
I see that you are trying to write the names in the manner Japanese would. If so, you only have two more names to correct: Yamamoto-Genryusai Shigekuni and Aizen Sousuke. :hbunny

Also, I wanted to know whence the information from the "60 years ago" column comes. I am sure that you probably have a source, but I can't recall anything being mentioned as occurring then (except maybe Renji and Rukia being in academy around that time, but then not all of those positions were not confirmed in their academy flashbacks).

- Also, waiting for clarification on this (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=836749#post836749). Added a note on it.

It seems that Neuroff has provided a response (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=843493#post843493) for you on this matter as well.

gold349
April 27, 2008, 03:47 PM
Heres another thx, great job, really cool thinking. Enjoyed reading it keep it up.

runyan
April 27, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'd like to suggest the addition of a "Rukongai Resident" row. This could include Hisagi Shuuhei from the current arc and several other characters from previous flashbacks (Rukia/Renji/Zaraki/etc).

Tsukisama
April 27, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'd like to suggest the addition of a "Rukongai Resident" row. This could include Hisagi Shuuhei from the current arc and several other characters from previous flashbacks (Rukia/Renji/Zaraki/etc).

Presumably every character who is not yet in a resident of Seireitei could possibly be in Rukongai. I think that it would probably be best to leave that off of this timeline. If Morlun was to do a character-specific set of timelines, then listing the individual character as a confirmed resident of Rukongai would be appropriate.

SantouryuZoro
April 28, 2008, 04:06 PM
I know the time line is manga only (and rightfully so), but the Bleach: The 3rd Phantom game that's coming out for the DS has two fifth division members travel forward in time and discover the true intentions of their vice-captain, Aizen.
The captain of the 5th division from the time they come from is Seigen Suzunami.
I haven't seen it said whether this is before or after Shinji though.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5119/seigensuzunamikq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Tsukisama
April 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
I know the time line is manga only (and rightfully so), but the Bleach: The 3rd Phantom game that's coming out for the DS has two fifth division members travel forward in time and discover the true intentions of their vice-captain, Aizen.
The captain of the 5th division from the time they come from is Seigen Suzunami.
I haven't seen it said whether this is before or after Shinji though.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5119/seigensuzunamikq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

It would be nice if Kubo did somehow tie Seigen into the manga by making him the captain before Shinji (or perhaps in the interim between Shinji and Aizen as 5th div. captain), but I think that the timeline would be better off sticking to manga canon.

YJiang
May 17, 2008, 11:45 PM
Don't forget to include Tessai as Kidou-corps captain and Hachigen as Kidou-corps vc.

Morlun
May 18, 2008, 03:48 AM
I see that you are trying to write the names in the manner Japanese would. If so, you only have two more names to correct: Yamamoto-Genryusai Shigekuni and Aizen Sousuke. :hbunny

Argh. That latter one is utterly unforgivable. Thanks. :)

Also, I wanted to know whence the information from the "60 years ago" column comes. I am sure that you probably have a source, but I can't recall anything being mentioned as occurring then (except maybe Renji and Rukia being in academy around that time, but then not all of those positions were not confirmed in their academy flashbacks).

60 and 50 years ago are two more or less arbitrary timeframes I added to fill in the information on the flashbacks. We know the general timeframe when Byakuya and Gin became Captains, we know Gin was VC of the 5th when Renji, Rukia, Hisagi, Kira and Hinamori were still in the Academy, etc... If anyone knows either a more precise timing or that something in the timeline is incorrect ("X couldn't have been the Captain Y years ago!"), please speak up. :)

It seems that Neuroff has provided a response (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=843493#post843493) for you on this matter as well.

Ah, great. That settles it then. Thanks. :)

Like others pointed out, it'd be too confusing. The "by character" timeline will include that information. I'll probably wait until the end of the Gaiden to finish it, though.

[HR]

Version 1.04 is up: http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Changes:

- Removed the "(?)" from the vacant 10th Squad Captain seat.
- "Rose" to "Ootoribashi "Rose" Roujuurou"; (*)
- "Byakuya's Grandpa" to "Kuchiki Ginrei";
- "Aigawa Love" to "Aikawa Love"; (*)
- "Kidou Corps Leader to " "Kidou Corps Chief"; (*)
- "Tsukabishi Tessai" from Wildcards to "Kidou Corps Chief";
- Added "Kidou Corps Vice-Chief" row; (*)
- "Ushooda Hachigen" to "Ushouda Hachigen"; (*)
- "Ushouda Hachigen" from "Wildcards" to "Kidou Corps Vice-Chief"
- "Kurosaki (?) Isshin" became the only wildcard;
- Replaced the two "?" in the "3rd Squad Captain" seat from 100 and 60 years ago with "vacant (?)";
- Replaced the "?" in the "7th Squad Captain" seat from 100 years ago with "vacant (?)";
- Replaced the three "?" in the "8th Squad Vice-Captain" seat from 100, 60 and 50 years ago, respectively, with "vacant (?)", "vacant (?)" and "Ise Nanao (?)";
- Replaced the "?" in the "9th Squad Captain" seat from 100 years ago with "vacant (?)";
- Replaced the three "?" in the "10th Squad Captain" seat from 100, 60 and 50 years ago with "vacant (?)";
- Corrected the "Was Kaien VC?" translation bug.

I have a feeling the "100 years ago" column will suffer a lot of changes by the end of the Gaiden - namely, that Urahara and Co. will be gone by then.

Enjoy, and post any feedback you have. Thanks!

(*) - Can someone confirm the proper spelling of the names (considering Love's and Hacchi's are different from what we had, and Rose's is a pain :)), and that the title of the Kidou Corps head honchos is "Chief"? Thanks.

Tsukisama
May 19, 2008, 04:44 PM
Argh. That latter one is utterly unforgivable. Thanks. :)
Changes:

(*) - Can someone confirm the proper spelling of the names (considering Love's and Hacchi's are different from what we had, and Rose's is a pain :)), and that the title of the Kidou Corps head honchos is "Chief"? Thanks.

I think there is a bit of confusion from my last post concerning Aizen and Yamamoto's names. In your previous version, you had "Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryusai" and "Sousuke Aizen" in your chart. (I can't recall if you just had one use of the wrong name or were consistently wrong with the name of the commander-general, but Aizen's previous entries were inconsistent with the use of the wrong name and those have been changed to one consistent use of the wrong name.) When I wrote their names, I typed them in the proper format: "Shigekuni" and "Sousuke" are their given names and not their clan names. Their name should be entered as "Yamamoto-Genryusai Shigekuni" and "Aizen Sousuke." I am sorry for any confusion I might have caused you in the way I worded it.

"Love" is the way that everyone so far has translated his name and should remain as "Love." "Hachigen" is Hachi's full given name. There is inconsistent spellings for his nickname, but since you are using "Hachigen," you should be fine. "Roujuurou" appears to be Rose's full name with "Rose" being a shortened version (nickname) of that. If you want to go the same route that you have with Hachigen, then it would perhaps be best to use "Roujuurou" as his given name.

Also, you may have already considered this, but since the Covert Ops has five different divisions, did you consider including the leaders of those divisions? If Soi Fon follows the practice of what Yoruichi did, then presumably the first five seated officers in the 2nd division are the heads of the five divisions.

First Division: Executive Militia (Keigun) led by the head of Covert Ops (and, following the captaincy of Yoruichi, the 2nd division captain of Gotei 13)
Second Division: Patrol Corps (Keiratai), presumably led by the Gotei 13 2nd division lieutenant (which would mean Oomaeda is its head :blink)
Third Division: Detention Unit (Kanritai), presumably led by Gotei 13 2nd division 3rd seat (formerly Kisuke Urahara)
Fourth Division: unknown, presumably led by Gotei 13 2nd division 4th seat
Fifth Division: Correctional Force (Riteitai), presumably led by Gotei 13 2nd division 5th seat

Since you would pretty much be matching whoever is Xth seat in the 2nd division with the Xth division of the Covert Ops, it might not be worth it, but I thought I would bring it up.

Morlun
June 01, 2008, 02:44 AM
I think there is a bit of confusion from my last post concerning Aizen and Yamamoto's names. In your previous version, you had "Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryusai" and "Sousuke Aizen" in your chart. (I can't recall if you just had one use of the wrong name or were consistently wrong with the name of the commander-general, but Aizen's previous entries were inconsistent with the use of the wrong name and those have been changed to one consistent use of the wrong name.) When I wrote their names, I typed them in the proper format: "Shigekuni" and "Sousuke" are their given names and not their clan names. Their name should be entered as "Yamamoto-Genryusai Shigekuni" and "Aizen Sousuke." I am sorry for any confusion I might have caused you in the way I worded it.

No problem! Thanks, it's fixed.

"Love" is the way that everyone so far has translated his name and should remain as "Love." "Hachigen" is Hachi's full given name. There is inconsistent spellings for his nickname, but since you are using "Hachigen," you should be fine. "Roujuurou" appears to be Rose's full name with "Rose" being a shortened version (nickname) of that. If you want to go the same route that you have with Hachigen, then it would perhaps be best to use "Roujuurou" as his given name.

I couldn't part with "Rose" (call it pity, if you must), so I added "Hacchi" to Hachigen's name. :)

Also, you may have already considered this, but since the Covert Ops has five different divisions, did you consider including the leaders of those divisions? If Soi Fon follows the practice of what Yoruichi did, then presumably the first five seated officers in the 2nd division are the heads of the five divisions.

First Division: Executive Militia (Keigun) led by the head of Covert Ops (and, following the captaincy of Yoruichi, the 2nd division captain of Gotei 13)
Second Division: Patrol Corps (Keiratai), presumably led by the Gotei 13 2nd division lieutenant (which would mean Oomaeda is its head :blink)
Third Division: Detention Unit (Kanritai), presumably led by Gotei 13 2nd division 3rd seat (formerly Kisuke Urahara)
Fourth Division: unknown, presumably led by Gotei 13 2nd division 4th seat
Fifth Division: Correctional Force (Riteitai), presumably led by Gotei 13 2nd division 5th seat

Since you would pretty much be matching whoever is Xth seat in the 2nd division with the Xth division of the Covert Ops, it might not be worth it, but I thought I would bring it up.

Yeah, I considered it, but I'd be adding 4 rows mostly with unknown info, apart from Urahara having been the head of Kanritai. It's better to leave it like this for the time being, I think. Unless people rather see empty spaces instead of not seeing them (for the sake of completeness). What say you?

[HR]
Version 1.05 is up: http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Changes:

- "Hacchi" added;

And that's all. If next week there's no "-99", I'll start working on finishing the "by character" timeline.

Tsukisama
June 01, 2008, 03:26 PM
I couldn't part with "Rose" (call it pity, if you must), so I added "Hacchi" to Hachigen's name. :)

Yeah, I considered it, but I'd be adding 4 rows mostly with unknown info, apart from Urahara having been the head of Kanritai. It's better to leave it like this for the time being, I think. Unless people rather see empty spaces instead of not seeing them (for the sake of completeness). What say you?

That's fine about Rose's name. (I also like it better than Roujuurou. Every syllable of his name being elongated is rather annoying. :amuse)

I was not thinking that it would necessarily be a great idea to add the other rows for the rest of the Covert Ops, since as you said they would probably remain empty, but I thought that I would mention it.

I am interested to see what the "by character" timeline will be. Could explain that a little? Will there be a timeline for each individual character, and if so, which characters do you intend to do?

Morlun
June 02, 2008, 12:31 PM
That's fine about Rose's name. (I also like it better than Roujuurou. Every syllable of his name being elongated is rather annoying. :amuse)

He must be Aizen's son. I can't concieve a parent who could be capable of hating his children so much other than Aizen. Okay, there's also Maiyuri. One of those two. :)

I was not thinking that it would necessarily be a great idea to add the other rows for the rest of the Covert Ops, since as you said they would probably remain empty, but I thought that I would mention it.

Okay, thanks.

I am interested to see what the "by character" timeline will be. Could explain that a little? Will there be a timeline for each individual character, and if so, which characters do you intend to do?

At this point, it's three tables, much like the current timeline:

- One with the same time scale, for Soul Society, with the shinigami being in the first column and their appointments being in the table cells;

- One with a shorter time scale, for the real world.

- One with a completely screwed-up timeline, for Hueco Mundo. :)

There is some overlapping (Aizen is in both the SS and HM timelines, Urahara is in both SS and RW, etc...).

[hr]

Update: need hosting! I'm gonna change ISP soon, so I'll need a new place to upload the timeline(s) to. Anybody knows a good, free host with FTP access?

(The alternative is using the new ISP's server, but if/when I change again, I'm back to square one.)

Kaiser Will
November 18, 2008, 08:05 PM
Really nice this Gotei 13 time line thread!
Here's what i think. Yamamoto is the first, followed by Ukitake and Kyorako. Maybe Yoruichi came from this time too. Unohana is old just like Yamamoto.
Gin, Tousen and Komamura came from the same time. Soifon we saw her in the Black Pendulum series.
Urahara and Mayuri is from Yoruichi time too. Kenpachi seems too be the one before Hitsugaya.

Tsukisama
November 18, 2008, 08:15 PM
Really nice this Gotei 13 time line thread!
Here's what i think. Yamamoto is the first, followed by Ukitake and Kyorako. Maybe Yoruichi came from this time too. Unohana is old just like Yamamoto.
Gin, Tousen and Komamura came from the same time. Soifon we saw her in the Black Pendulum series.
Urahara and Mayuri is from Yoruichi time too. Kenpachi seems too be the one before Hitsugaya.

When you say that you think Yoruichi came from this time too, do you mean her age or captaincy in Gotei 13? We know for certain that she was not a captain from 100 years before the gaiden, because Shunsui specifically said that only Yamamoto, Unohana, Ukitake, and he were captains from back then. As for Yoruichi's age, she should not be anywhere near as old as those guys.

Unohana may be old, but I don't think that she is likely as old as Yamamoto. Given Kyoraku calling her "dai senpai," it gives the impression that she has likely been a captain longer than he has. Thus, the seniority of captains I would think would go something like Yamamoto, Unohana, and then Shun & Uki.

Kaiser Will
November 21, 2008, 04:35 PM
Tsukisama, You are right about Yamamoto be the oldest followed by Unohana and then Ukitake and Kyorako, but we know that after Yoruichi escape from SS have passed at least 100 years, so Soifon became Captain of this division same time after Yoruichi escaped.

Tsukisama
November 25, 2008, 08:47 PM
Tsukisama, You are right about Yamamoto be the oldest followed by Unohana and then Ukitake and Kyorako, but we know that after Yoruichi escape from SS have passed at least 100 years, so Soifon became Captain of this division same time before Yoruichi escaped.

I am not sure I follow what you are saying. (I'm sorry if it is a language barrier thing, and if you are unable to explain it more clearly, I would understand.)

We know exactly how much time has passed since Yoruichi escaped from SS with Urahara and Tessai (100 years). Thus, some time between then and now, Soi Fon claimed all of Yoruichi's positions. Given that we only know Soi Fon to have been a bodyguard of Yoruichi at the time (she may have had a more substantial position like 2nd division lieutenant but we don't yet know), I would imagine it would at least take a few years for her to claim Yoruichi's positions, but I don't understand how that relates to anything I posted in my previous post.

Kaiser Will
November 27, 2008, 09:26 PM
I am not sure I follow what you are saying. (I'm sorry if it is a language barrier thing, and if you are unable to explain it more clearly, I would understand.)

We know exactly how much time has passed since Yoruichi escaped from SS with Urahara and Tessai (100 years). Thus, some time between then and now, Soi Fon claimed all of Yoruichi's positions. Given that we only know Soi Fon to have been a bodyguard of Yoruichi at the time (she may have had a more substantial position like 2nd division lieutenant but we don't yet know), I would imagine it would at least take a few years for her to claim Yoruichi's positions, but I don't understand how that relates to anything I posted in my previous post.

This was really unnescessary of your part! A global moderator having this kinda of discrimination! I thought you guys were different :(!

I may have mistake the word before for after. So as you say Soi Fon take same time after Yoruichi departed!

Ravsieg
November 28, 2008, 03:59 AM
And here thinking I'd finally confirm what I've been suspecting.. but I appeared at a bad time. :/ Oh well, I'll prevent myself from commenting any further until the site is back and I read its content.

Tsukisama
November 28, 2008, 10:53 AM
This was really unnescessary of your part! A global moderator having this kinda of discrimination! I thought you guys were different :(!

I may have mistake the word before for after. So as you say Soi Fon take same time after Yoruichi departed!

Firstly, I was not trying to be discriminatory. There are many users here at MH from non-English-speaking countries, and their command of the English language is not very good. Since I could not understand what you were trying to convey in your post, I wanted to let you know that it would be fine if your English skills were not such that you could express your response any more clearly. I am deeply sorry that you were offended by what I said, as it was meant to be in consideration of your skills in the English language.

Secondly, I still don't understand what you are getting at. Yes, Soi Fon became captain some time after Yoruichi left, but I don't see how repeating what I had posted clarifies what you originally posted. What I am seeing from your second post is that the some of the confusion came from you using same instead of some, which in a discussion of the relative time of events can change the meaning of what you are trying to convey. The thing that I had originally requested clarification on was the following:

Here you are saying that Yoruichi comes from "this time too." Please explain what you mean by this.

I replied that she should not be from the same time as Ukitake and Kyouraku because of Shunsui's statement that only he, Ukitake, Unohana, and Yamamoto were captains 100 years prior to his statement. Your response did not answer that query, as you began talking about when Yoruichi left SS and inserted Soi Fon into the discussion.

xinfamouspandax
January 30, 2010, 07:00 AM
okay really quick, seeing as this arc is nearly about to wrap up with:
A) a surprising betrayal
B) a surprising plot twist
C) reinforcements
D) All of the Above

in my opinion D I was clinging to a mere hope of isshin appearing to stomp over everyone..i was rereading chapter 188 page 6 http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/188/06/ VERY carefully.
Seems that isshin isnt fully capable of his previous power as of now, him and urahara are seemingly well acquainted..therefore he must fall into timeline wayyy back, because i doubt he's royal guard simply because urahara & aizen were both unaware of the RG which is indicated when shinsui filled them in. Also, ukitake was unfamiliar with the surname "Kurosaki" therefore, i believe that isshin is either under an alias, or just a secret operative and yes admittidly RG. He also spoke to Grand Fisher as if he were captain level and hi white robe clear indicated that he was captain class although the division was torn through. simply put i want to leanr more about isshin & im not ruling out the fact that he's apart of RG. however its too farfetched to say that he is the captain of RG. Because their sole objective is to protect the king. what if the king is kurosaki ichigo you say? well then isshin is crap at protecting kurosaki and i EXTREMELY doubt ichigo is king, his life has been put into life-death situations way too many times.

oh and btw wasnt it stated that rukia is like 150yrs old so basically she's around 15 ish looking so the shinigami academy was founded 2000years ago by Yama, ummm wtf in the flashback he looks the same age thats ancient its really inconsistent with aging in the series..any shot on how old ukitake/shinsui & unohana are? im guessing 30s for the guys uno 40s? yama like 80s 90s human yr comparisons

poobert
February 01, 2010, 07:13 AM
I have a quick question.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/367/05/
Komamura doesn't know who Shinji is. He acts as if he doesn't know who any of the vizard are?

How can this be? He was introduced to Aizen when Tousen was still in the 5th division and Aizen was still VC... If he was in the 7th division back then, he should at least know Love?

Tsukisama
February 03, 2010, 09:19 PM
I have a quick question.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/367/05/
Komamura doesn't know who Shinji is. He acts as if he doesn't know who any of the vizard are?

How can this be? He was introduced to Aizen when Tousen was still in the 5th division and Aizen was still VC... If he was in the 7th division back then, he should at least know Love?

It seems more like Shinji doesn't know who Komamura is. Komamura may be aware of who Shinji is but not know him personally, which may explain his impersonal conversation.

Samui
February 07, 2010, 01:25 PM
Since Komamura hid his face the whole time, Shinji couldn't recognize him even if he knew who Komamura is.

And we don't know when exactly Aizen became the captain of the 5th division. Komamura could meet him only after the Vaizards left.

Gcat88
March 18, 2010, 09:12 AM
The Gotei 13 must have started thousands of years ago. My question is this, is there one per country or is it one for the entire world???

kkck
March 18, 2010, 12:27 PM
The Gotei 13 must have started thousands of years ago. My question is this, is there one per country or is it one for the entire world???

Well, there are roughly 3000 shinigami in total and apparently one is assigned for every 50000 people.

3000 x 50000 = 150'000.000

That number is surprisingly close to Japan's actual population so I would think the gotei 13 work for just one country. I would think every country has some sort of gotei 13 of their own.