PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Luffy might become one of the 4 kings

Anime Head 101
March 30, 2008, 08:08 PM
So do you think that Luffy might become one of the 4 Emperors before he becomes the Pirate King.

Absolutio
March 30, 2008, 09:30 PM
first of all, they're emperrors, not kings. 2nd of all, no. His goal is to achieve pirate king, being an emperror meanwhile is not one of his goals or ways of doing stuffs.

bax
March 30, 2008, 09:34 PM
Now with that said, I think he theoretically "can be one of the Emperors". Since as far as we have in our hands, we have no idea of how the 4 current Emperors are promoted from your everyday pirates into the 4 Emperors.

I doubt that the pirates themselves decided that (I mean as a whole), since these pirates are more or less self-centered. So, the most probable entity that made that so is the WG. If Luffy beats someone from the 4 Emperors, there's a chance that the WG may calls him one of the Emperors. Perhaps based on bounties? Probably.

Then again, this is a loose theory. It's more like a thought.

kkck
March 30, 2008, 11:58 PM
I don't think luffy cares about being one of the 4 emperors. he want to be "the one" pirate king. Also i dont think pirates are promoted by someone to be emperor but instead they are simply so insanely powerful that they can do whatever they want and no one can stop them. The yonkou are more like anarchist than actual emperors.

Akainu
March 31, 2008, 01:08 AM
Although we don't know much about the emperors I think it is save to assume, that you need a bigger crew than Luffy has. I mean they control parts of the new world - so what could he do with 8 crewmembers? ruling a tiny island at the end of GL ;P !?

marte1980
March 31, 2008, 03:45 AM
Although we don't know much about the emperors I think it is save to assume, that you need a bigger crew than Luffy has. I mean they control parts of the new world - so what could he do with 8 crewmembers? ruling a tiny island at the end of GL ;P !?
That would be true for becoming the pirate king too, so it isn't true. I guess that being a Younkou just means that you're an extremely powerful pirate. IMO Luffy will be considered a Yonkou once he will have beaten one of the marine admirals or another Yonkou(probably Kaidou), because after all being a Yonkou isn't like being a Shichibukai, which must be 7, Yonkous can become (insert word here, what is it, Gonkou?). I want to see Luffy defeating both Aokiji and Akainu, then the others.

Akainu
March 31, 2008, 04:25 AM
so you think Luffy needs a bigger crew to become pirateking? I think Luffy (as well as oda) doesn't want the strawhat pirates to have that much more crewmembers. they had their chance in dbf.
also you have no proof for it being not true. we know very little about the former pirate kings crew and what applies for him must not for Luffy as well.
and on a sidenote: yonkou means 4emperors just as shichibukai means 7warlords of the sea so there' no reason why it shouldn't be called nibukai when Luffy has won against most of them.

Razh
March 31, 2008, 09:14 AM
They aren't promoted to Yonkou by anyone. It's just a nick given by WG to 4 strongest and most influential pirates.
Now, if Luffy would beat one of them, I don't think he would succeed the title, since the title "emperor" implies certain manpower, and influence on the seas.
They would probably be called... Sankou (is it?), if one of them got beaten. And Luffy would probably get "Pirate Prince" title, or something like it...

Anyarel
March 31, 2008, 10:20 AM
Well, I was thinking about something.
Shanks is 20 years older than Luffy and Roger died 20 years ago.
So Shanks was 17 or maybe a little older when he became captain of his crew.
And at the beginning, he certainly had just a few crew members like Yassop, Ben Beckman and Lucky Roo.
But 10 years later, when he was at Luffy's village, he already had a big crew and now he seems to have an even bigger crew.
So I think it will be the same with Luffy. If he has a little crew, it's because he's at sea for only a few months and he's still looking for "nakama" who are IMO different from simple crew members so I think he'll have two more nakama and we won't see anybody else join the crew till the end when we see an adult pirate king Luffy with a big crew.
Well, when I say that, I'm referring to the ancient version of Romance Dawn (the one with Shanks, not the one with Luffy's grandfather) where he seems to have a crew like the one Shanks had when he was at Fuschia. And the crescent moon guy is with him so perhaps in the true version of One Piece some enemies like Buggy and Alvida will be with him later. It'd be cool. ^^
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/0/51/

lelouch
March 31, 2008, 10:39 AM
Luffy isn't the kind of guy to have a large crew.

Razh
March 31, 2008, 11:06 AM
Luffy isn't the kind of guy to have a large crew.

Luffy isn't fully mature yet. People change over the years. Oda isn't the kind of guy to always leave his characters the same.

If he has a little crew, it's because he's at sea for only a few months...

I can't believe there are still people who think it's been so little time.
Like we see each and every day of SH crew. When did Zoro learn Asura and all those other attacks, when did Luffy learn how to use gears, when did Sanji learn Diable Jamble?
One more thing. If it was just a couple of months, then tell me, by your count, how long did it pass since Sanji's wanted poster apperared, till the last chapter?

kkck
March 31, 2008, 01:30 PM
Well, most arcs do occur just in a few days at most, but we have no way of knowing how much time they spend at sea. Still, i dont think more than a year has passed since the first manga chapter.

Anyarel
March 31, 2008, 02:15 PM
Razh > the question isn't here. Even if one year had passed, Luffy would only be 18.
A lot of pirates weren't even pirates at the age of 18 (Zoro, Sanji, Franky..) and Ace who is a few years older than Luffy is in BB crew but if he was a captain, I don't think he would have a crew a lot bigger than Luffy's. Well, it could be possible but only if he was like Don Krieg who prefers the quantity over the quality and I don't think it's the case.

Razh
March 31, 2008, 06:37 PM
One more thing. If it was just a couple of months, then tell me, by your count, how long did it pass since Sanji's wanted poster apperared, till the last chapter?

My question still stands.
If all in all, there has been a few months between Luffy's coming out of the barrel and current fight, than SH departed from Water 7 in no more than a week, right?
So, tell me, how does a person like Duval manage to run away from marines for some time, and then still manage to form a band of flying fish slave traders, who have been near Fishman island for some time now, in one week? Even if it was 2 or 3 weeks it's still a stretch.

I know it's offtopic, but I think we need to get this straight.

weixiaobao
March 31, 2008, 07:49 PM
Razh- you are over think things, he maybe the leader of the flying fish before the bounty.. and flying fish is not a pirate group and may not have done any illegal activities before the bounty..

Back to topic,

As for luffy becoming Emperor... nah... Luffy don't want it.. he has no reason to fight against world govern as of yet.. and if he strictly like adventures and stuff he would be out of the WG's way.. though there can be accidents from time to time but ..

On the contradictory, he could be the most wanted (like Dragon) and still not be an emperor..

Razh
March 31, 2008, 08:51 PM
Razh- you are over think things, he maybe the leader of the flying fish before the bounty.. and flying fish is not a pirate group and may not have done any illegal activities before the bounty..

I didn't overthink it. It's really a no brainer.

Back to topic,

As for luffy becoming Emperor... nah... Luffy don't want it.. he has no reason to fight against world govern as of yet.. and if he strictly like adventures and stuff he would be out of the WG's way.. though there can be accidents from time to time but ..

On the contradictory, he could be the most wanted (like Dragon) and still not be an emperor..

The WG chooses which title they will give him. It's not up to him really.
Couple of more of his adventures, which will put him against WG again one way or the other, and WG can easilly label him with some other title.

kkck
March 31, 2008, 08:54 PM

Back to topic,

What do you mean saying he doesnt have reason to fight the wg? He already declared war to it on ennies lobby. Besides for luffy, fighting the wg would be the perfect adventure, and get him closer to being pirate king.

weixiaobao
March 31, 2008, 09:07 PM
What do you mean saying he doesnt have reason to fight the wg? He already declared war to it on ennies lobby. Besides for luffy, fighting the wg would be the perfect adventure, and get him closer to being pirate king.

that's is at the moment, if WG take a look at it seriously it not like Luffy want to awoken those weapons and using it against world peace... so if they leave him alone, and he will do nothing to them (and this is what i meant by "accidents from time to time" XD )

unlike luffy, the emperors, dragon, and even some members of the seven warlords are an intentionally threat to WG because of their ambition, goals, etc and etc...

As for LUffy, if you mess with him.. he mess you back.. if you leave his friends and him alone .. he would careless about you (or WG)

kkck
March 31, 2008, 11:29 PM
How are the yonkou a threat to the wg in a diferent way than luffy? The yonkou are just pirates that live in anarchy, just with a lot more power than regular pirates. Also how do you know the goals and ambitions of the yonkou? and how do you know they are intentionaly a threat to the world goverment? So far the only things we know about the yonkou are the names (only 3 of course), and that they have insane power. I dont recall anywhere in the manga the goasl, ambitions, ect and ect being revealed.
All we can guess is that whitebeard wants to be king of the pirates because ace wanted to make him pirate king. As for shanks, we dont even know if he cares about being king of the pirates since he has never said so himself and we dont know if he has any other goal besides stopping blackbeard.
Also the wg wont let luffy alone since simply calling yourself a pirate is a crime.
You are right about luffy messing you up if you mess with him.

weixiaobao
April 01, 2008, 10:05 AM
they are real pirates... Luffy pretty much haven't yet rob, steal, ravages a place in malicious purposes... (as for Shank, he is weird pirate, doesn't really fit the description)

Pretty much, Luffy plays pretend to be pirate..

But if I was the WG (which I am not) i would worry more about the emperors (at the moment) than a mere Luffy (let's him have his way, it all about the politic)..

This is a manga so anything goes.. I guess what every you think is possibly correct... (so i am done with this thread :))

Razh
April 01, 2008, 10:19 AM
they are real pirates... Luffy pretty much haven't yet rob, steal, ravages a place in malicious purposes... (as for Shank, he is weird pirate, doesn't really fit the description)

Pretty much, Luffy plays pretend to be pirate..

He doesn't pretend. I guess you missed some parts of the manga.
Besides, being a pirate in OP is basically sailling around freely and doing whatever you want, without worrying about some silly laws.

There are good pirates and bad pirates. Luffy is a good pirate, and still he has made more damage to WG then most of the bad pirates will ever do. Playing pirate... Indeed.

Shanks isn't a weird pirate. What can you tell me about Shanks? How did he became so infamous and influential?
Just because he was mostly shown being carefree and drinking alcohol, doesn't mean he's like that all the time.

But if I was the WG (which I am not) i would worry more about the emperors (at the moment) than a mere Luffy (let's him have his way, it all about the politic)..

This is a manga so anything goes.. I guess what every you think is possibly correct... (so i am done with this thread :))

They always worry about Yonkou.
But right now, Luffy is something unpredictable. Something that could easilly affect world stabillity.

Done... :o

weixiaobao
April 01, 2008, 02:39 PM
He doesn't pretend. I guess you missed some parts of the manga.

Dang, and i thought i am done with this thread XD ....
no, what i am getting at is he kinda like Sinbad the sailor.. who like adventures and stuff..

Besides, being a pirate in OP is basically sailling around freely and doing whatever you want, without worrying about some silly laws.

well, i guess this is the definition of pirate in OP and it is different than real world definition of pirate..

There are good pirates and bad pirates. Luffy is a good pirate, and still he has made more damage to WG then most of the bad pirates will ever do. Playing pirate... Indeed.

YOu meant something like robin hood stereo type..but too bad there are rarely good pirates almost nonexistence in the real world.. except for manga (and yes I do know we still discussing about manga) .. And as for the damages this is why WG should leave him alone.. He is like a child playing bandits with real guns ok... gosh... I respect him alot (although he is a fiction) so do not take this as an offensive toward luffy.. He is just too pure and innocent..

Shanks isn't a weird pirate. What can you tell me about Shanks? How did he became so infamous and influential?
Just because he was mostly shown being carefree and drinking alcohol, doesn't mean he's like that all the time.

Eccentric, leading by examples.. Weird as in not a typical pirate.. And i have no idea what you thought when i am saying weird.. so i do know what i am arguing against..

But right now, Luffy is something unpredictable. Something that could easilly affect world stabillity.

Yes and this is why they should not encourage him and make him one of the emperors..

kkck
April 01, 2008, 04:20 PM

Luffy has already affected the world stability by destroying annies lobby, defeating lucci, defeating crocodile and defeating moria.

weixiaobao
April 01, 2008, 05:06 PM
Luffy has already affected the world stability by destroying annies lobby, defeating lucci, defeating crocodile and defeating moria.

well, the enies lobby was because they mess with his nakama... as for crocodile and moria they will probably betray the WG sooner or later anyway..

I agree that his actions does affect world's stability .. (though it is not his intention)

Razh
April 01, 2008, 05:30 PM
Eccentric, leading by examples.. Weird as in not a typical pirate.. And i have no idea what you thought when i am saying weird.. so i do know what i am arguing against..

I just meant that there is a far more dangerous side to him then we have seen so far. I mean, a person who frightens sea king with his glare is no pushover.
The guy is still a mystery to me.

Well, one could argue that there is no normal character in One Piece. From pirate captains who only drink and joke around and marine admirals who are crazy as hell narcoleptics, to octopis-men, who make fried octopus balls (takoyaki) and sell them.

Yeah, I know that. I meant of something in a greater scale. After all, stabillity is still there. What WG fears is the loss of stabillity, and SH didn't even come close to it.

weixiaobao
April 01, 2008, 05:51 PM
i meant "i do not know what i am arguing against" i forgot to type not.. XD

eccentric- I meant Shank influenced Luffy and neither of them are typical bad pirates..

And let's change the topic a bit, what if luffy did become an emperor.. what's would he do?

I was thinking he would just ignored his title and world affair and keep on sailing around the globe finding One Piece .

llJakell
April 01, 2008, 07:24 PM

Yes i do think Luffy will become on the the Yonkou or noticed on their level ...you make it sound like the WG knows that all Luffy cares about is having adventure, the only thing they know is that he defeated one of the most powerful marine bases and now has a crew mate that can discover the blank age (or was it another name) and gain a secret weapon of some sort and also cause unbalance to the world as of now its perfectly balanced with the Marines ,Shichibaukai ,and Yonkou but when you add luffys crazy @$$ who knows what will happen. Also does it matter if its luffys goal to become a Yonkou was it his goal to get a wanted poster of 300 million. He has to become named as high as Yonkou to be pirate king I mean is Yonkou under Pirate King anyways. Becoming a Yonkou is another consequence just like being wanted in order to become pirate king.

Wale
April 01, 2008, 11:18 PM
Luffy's dream is to become the Pirate King. To become a Yonkou is not really necessary for the fulfilling of his dream. If the SH Crew beats a Yonkou, than maybe the WG makes Luffy a Yonkou, but Luffy has no interest in this thing at all.

weixiaobao
April 01, 2008, 11:58 PM
\you make it sound like the WG knows that all Luffy cares about is having adventure, the only thing they know is that he defeated one of the most powerful marine bases and now has a crew mate that can discover the blank age.

You are right, but at least WG could see the pattern in Coco village, Alabasta, and Enies Lobby that they should not mess with him or his nakama.. but unfortunately WG isn't thinking the way i am thinking.. and they probably will get their @ss kick..

Razh
April 02, 2008, 03:04 AM
Well, beating one of Yonkou or not, Luffy can't get the title of "emperor" with a crew of 10 people. "Emperor" implies dominance over a certain manpower, and an influence. It would mean that a pirate captain has the same power as some countries or kingdoms do.
Just imagine a captain with the crew of 10 being called an "emperor of the seas". Would scare the shit out of me, that's for sure :S

lelouch
April 02, 2008, 05:44 AM
Its the same thing as Pirate King. You don't think Luffy can become Pirate King with only 10 nakama? Think again.

no, what i am getting at is he kinda like Sinbad the sailor.. who like adventures and stuff..

Guess what..Sinbads a pirate
lol

Yes and this is why they should not encourage him and make him one of the emperors..

Its not really up to the WG to decide..and Luffy doesn't really need encouragement. If he eclipses another Yonkou in power, defeats one of them, or one of the Yonkou dies leaving Luffy as one of the four most powerful pirates in teh world, then he automatically gains the title, whether or not the WG wants him to or not is irrelevant.

And let's change the topic a bit, what if luffy did become an emperor.. what's would he do?

I was thinking he would just ignored his title and world affair and keep on sailing around the globe finding One Piece .

He probably would. Though he'd laugh a lot like when he got his first bounty and when his bounty got raised to 300 beli, and I think he'd be hell proud of his title.

Razh
April 02, 2008, 06:34 AM
Its the same thing as Pirate King. You don't think Luffy can become Pirate King with only 10 nakama? Think again.

All the pirates will acknowledge the one who finds One Piece as a pirate king. It's a little different than being a Yonkou, which need to have large crews and are very influential, and have power as some bigger kingdoms in One Piece.
You think again.

lol

Guess what... Only in a Dreamworks cartoon.

Its not really up to the WG to decide..and Luffy doesn't really need encouragement. If he eclipses another Yonkou in power, defeats one of them, or one of the Yonkou dies leaving Luffy as one of the four most powerful pirates in teh world, then he automatically gains the title, whether or not the WG wants him to or not is irrelevant.

It doesn't work like that. WG is the one that decides how dangerous pirates are. Sure, it's possible that other pirates acknowledge SH out of respect, but WG is the one that sets bounties.

lordHokage
April 02, 2008, 07:51 AM
In theory yes but in practical terms no. The only supreme title Monkey D. Luffy wants is king of the Pirates. :blink

marte1980
April 02, 2008, 11:43 AM
and on a sidenote: yonkou means 4emperors just as shichibukai means 7warlords of the sea so there' no reason why it shouldn't be called nibukai when Luffy has won against most of them.
You missed my point. I know what it means Yonkou and Shichibukai, that's why I said that there's no need for the Yonkou to remain 4, that's not like the Shichibukai, which the World Government decided to create as a group of 7 pirates(and so they called them like that). Nobody decided that Yonkous should be 4(obviously the would be named differently if they weren't 4), so when Luffy goes to the new world, the Yonkous could be beaten, and so not be called anymore Yonkous, or Luffy could become another emperor, so they still wouldn't be called the same. I was justtrying to say that while the Shichibukai group is fixed(as you can see by the fact that when one falls a new one takes his seat), the Yonkous are not.
[hr]

In theory yes but in practical terms no. The only supreme title Monkey D. Luffy wants is king of the Pirates. :blink
That's just like saying that he wouldn't want to be called "Mugiwara"! To be an emperor(in this context) is not a title that you ask to receive, the others give it to you when you're at that level.

lelouch
April 02, 2008, 12:16 PM
All the pirates will acknowledge the one who finds One Piece as a pirate king. It's a little different than being a Yonkou, which need to have large crews and are very influential, and have power as some bigger kingdoms in One Piece.
You think again.

Nope.
We don't know that. We know Whitebeard has 16 divisions, and Shanks has a reasonably sized crew, but we don't know whwether or not Kaidoh has a huge crew or not. And we don't even know the name of the last Yonkou, let alone anything else about him or her. Therefore, it is conceivable that an incredibly powerful pirate can operate alone, or in a small crew, and still be very powerful and influential, like Mihawk for example. It ihas been speculated that Mihawk is as strong as any of the Yonkou, and only doesn't take the title because he doesn't care about the world or power.

It doesn't work like that. WG is the one that decides how dangerous pirates are. Sure, it's possible that other pirates acknowledge SH out of respect, but WG is the one that sets bounties.

Dude, how would you know how it works? It hasn't actually been clarified anywhere, in the manga or the SBS. You speak like you know everything..

Razh
April 02, 2008, 12:33 PM
Nope.
We don't know that. We know Whitebeard has 16 divisions, and Shanks has a reasonably sized crew, but we don't know whwether or not Kaidoh has a huge crew or not. And we don't even know the name of the last Yonkou, let alone anything else about him or her. Therefore, it is conceivable that an incredibly powerful pirate can operate alone, or in a small crew, and still be very powerful and influential, like Mihawk for example. It ihas been speculated that Mihawk is as strong as any of the Yonkou, and only doesn't take the title because he doesn't care about the world or power.

It's been said that Yonkou are pretty much equal in power. Of course not all of them have the same manpower. But come on. Compare Shanks' crew and Luffy's crew. Shanks' rookie member has 94 million bounty. And he has a lot of men on his ship.
And yes, It's been SPECULATED that Mihawk is as strong as a Yonkou. A Yonkou (i don't care Yonkou means 4 emperors, you get what I'm thinking anyway). Do you think Mihawk alone can beat one of them along with all of their men?

Dude, how would you know how it works? It hasn't actually been clarified anywhere, in the manga or the SBS. You speak like you know everything..

Dude, it's common logic. An assumption based on what I've seen in OP so far.

Akainu
April 02, 2008, 12:55 PM
You missed my point. I know what it means Yonkou and Shichibukai, that's why I said that there's no need for the Yonkou to remain 4, that's not like the Shichibukai, which the World Government decided to create as a group of 7 pirates(and so they called them like that). Nobody decided that Yonkous should be 4(obviously the would be named differently if they weren't 4), so when Luffy goes to the new world, the Yonkous could be beaten, and so not be called anymore Yonkous, or Luffy could become another emperor, so they still wouldn't be called the same. I was justtrying to say that while the Shichibukai group is fixed(as you can see by the fact that when one falls a new one takes his seat), the Yonkous are not.
<hr noshade size="1">

But that's something we don't know and can only make assumptions about that are less clear than where the bounties come from (btw.: where else then from wg should it come from?). Fact is: the yonkou are part of the 3 powers. the other 2 are the world government with the gorusei at the top and the marine as their limbs and the shichibukai, whose sole purpose is to stop other pirates as croc put it. anyways back to the yonkou: as far as I understand what they are saying at the end of W7 yonkou is simply the 4 most powerful pirates and they reign the "new world". but: as coby says to become pirate king you have to rule the new world (alone). so the next natural enemies of luffy are the yonkou. kinda ^^

weixiaobao
April 02, 2008, 01:26 PM

pirate king, the only way to get that title is one piece.. and probably it only one super super super strong intelligent person and not even 10.. it different from emperors..

I guess your are not familiar with Sinbads.. Sinbad is a sailor.. the one from my avatar is captain KId who is pirate.. You got the same argument from most others here.. nothing new... any arguments that are out of speculations only valid until the series end.. Though the crew size seemed logical..

Listen to Razh, he knows his stuffs..

Akainu- you brought up a good point, so luffy can gain the title of king just as a name.. and i am pretty sure he had no attention of ruling anything... He is too lazy for that and it no fun anyhow..

Oh the four things is intentional it equipment with the four heavenly kings in Buddhism and Hinduism.. and i believe Oda said it in some volumes.. I could be wrong though..