PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Doubt by Tonogai Yoshiki

Raijatsu
April 01, 2008, 04:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Bakoura/th_Doubt_cover.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Bakoura/Doubt_cover.jpg)

chapter 1-5: http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html

Info

Categories: drama, horror, mystery, psychological, shounen

Author: Tonogai Yoshiki

Artist: Tonogai Yoshiki

Chapters: 5 - ongoing
Summary

There's a game going around Japan called 'Rabbit Doubt'. The premise of the game is that all of the players are rabbits in a colony, and one amongst them is randomly chosen to be a wolf that infiltrated the group of rabbits. Every round, the wolf kills off a rabbit, and every round, the group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise. Sometimes the kids who play this game decide to meet up in person, and Yuu, Mitsuki, Rei, Hajime, Eiji, and Haruka have done just that. Unfortunately, one of them has decided to take on the mantle of the wolf and has already killed once. Who is the wolf, and can they be stopped before everyone meets a very unpleasant end?

Personal opinion:

Did anyone ever play the doubt game? It is fairly popular in my town (though we call it WOLF ^^) so I felt really nostalgic while reading this manga.
The story is a mix off the "koro ni"-series and SAW I. 5 chapters are scanlated so far and still you can't see who is the wolf. ( wont post my theory before there are at least 3 posts XD)

Have fun ^^

ps: if there is already a thread about it delete this thread

Koen
April 02, 2008, 01:01 AM
I read the content once, was lazy to read it though I must say the concept was something I liked

you convince me to try it out raijatsu -> post to be edited

edit: this is GREAT - if you like mistery games and something like SAW then this is something for you. The concept is so cool, you don't dare to trust anyone and there are strange things imo How come yuu hasn't a barcode or maybe he doesn't know where yet I don't dare to say who's the wolf but there's a great actor among them

READ THIS GUYS, THIS IS GREAT

kaloo
April 04, 2008, 04:01 PM
Probably the wolf didn't give him one, in order to decieve them nto thinking he was the wolf.

Raijatsu
April 04, 2008, 04:20 PM
I thought he has one on his belly.....
well I guess that
The wolf is Rei, though she is seen as a corpse by all of themm. But someone skilled in hypnitizm could easily fake his death. But this would be to much like Saw ^^

or

The wolf are both Yuu and Mitsuki. Still no motive is given since it seems that they all met in the net by chance. But two wolfs would make it easy for them to keep it hidden. Both could be seen while the other one acts as the wolf. Possible would be Eiji and Haruka (he would get the perfect alibi if the wolf acts while he is trapped) or glasses guy plus random.

i wonder why there is a file from Mitsuki since seemed to have met the others by "chance". I can't belive anything is coincedense.

Koen
April 05, 2008, 10:13 AM
I think everybody has his/her reasons to be the wolf:

my guess:
rei or mitsuki (or was it haruka?). I think it would be too obvious for Hajime and Eiji. Why? Well the guys weren't in the room when yuu was getting hit by the wolf, I think Eiji was already captured and he really missed the meeting because of that and Hajime well got a confident feeling about him. So that leaves three girls. Rei has hypnosetic skills and she could do anything on someones mind. On the other hand the fact that yuu hasn't a barcode could mean for me that her closest friend was it haruka or mitsuki - the dark haired girl - can't stand yuu being good friends with others. So maybe as a wolf she just want to get rid off the rest and keep yuu for her alone -> a psychological explanation why yuu hasn't a barcode. sorry if I mistake any names
[hr]
Another great chapter (6) has been released and now I don't dare to say who's the wolf. In each chapter someone elses move is to be considered as a wolf act and now that person was
hajime

Raijatsu
April 05, 2008, 01:36 PM
I'm starting to believe that the one who trapped them inside the building isn't with them and the actions of the wolf is always someone else, The true wolf might have killed Rei and is now watching how the others are now killing each other. Then Hajime or Haruka killed Eiji. He intentionally put no code on Yuu so he'd be thought to be the wolf and would be killed by the others

Koen
April 06, 2008, 05:48 AM
I'm starting to believe that the one who trapped them inside the building isn't with them and the actions of the wolf is always someone else, The true wolf might have killed Rei and is now watching how the others are now killing each other. Then Hajime or Haruka killed Eiji. He intentionally put no code on Yuu so he'd be thought to be the wolf and would be killed by the others

or could it be

this is all a set up and yuu is the only who doesn't know? which is why he hasn't a barcode. Imo the barcode yuu doesn't have is more then to suspect him. He can't already enter the rooms and now he has to watch on screens what the wolf does

Named
April 12, 2008, 12:31 PM
Anyone else getting the vibe that barcode placement is pertinent

Rei having a barcode on her leg maybe she's lying about being in a wheel chair to escape her past, or she isn't and it could be about her sin of trying to commit suicide, The morphine guy had it near his injection sites, Haruka on her chest has implications, Yuu not having one could imply he's an "innocent"

But who knows.

Raijatsu
April 12, 2008, 02:39 PM
chapter 7 is out. I have to say it is getting more tense with every chapter

Eiji had his barcode on his hand and the Dying message was on his cell-phone. I guess he was telly lies in the internet. He was the type to spread rumors about others ro make fun of them. Just like he made Rei cry.

myth0logy
April 12, 2008, 05:28 PM
chapter 7 is out. I have to say it is getting more tense with every chapter

true, and I'm starting to think this will be a two-volume set (or, atleast with the pace that everybody keeps getting killed so fast >.<)

Koen
April 16, 2008, 01:44 PM
yes I agree mytology, I also think this will be a short paced story manga

anyway that doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad. Though I didn't like chapter 7 that much, I still have my doubts.

What I really don't hope
Saw copycat: meaning the person lieing there dead, isn't dead for some reason

Viewtiful
April 17, 2008, 09:00 PM
Can someone help me to find RAW from this manga?
I wanted to scanlate it in portuguese, but I can't find the RAWs D:

Nguru80
April 18, 2008, 02:28 PM
Hmm this series is obviously Seinen ti should be moved to the seinen section.
Except for that - it's a great one.

No, it's a shounen. It is released in a shounen magazine in japan, not seinen.

I_heart_Tom
April 27, 2008, 01:03 AM
Chapter nine is out now. It's really getting good.
Haruka is now the suspected wolf. She has excellent motives for killing some of the people there. But there's something weird about Rei. I don't know what it is. I read another manga that had people that were pretending to be dead. Like, one guy was cut in half (his other half was hidden under the floor), and the last one cut to pieces (turns out, everyone was being different body parts). What I'm getting at is, what if Rei isn't actually dead? What if she is the one really pulling the strings? And maybe, Haruka is an accomplise as well?

admirenkiwi
April 27, 2008, 04:21 AM
dude whats up with the spoilers :blink
i guess...
yea...there is a maybe to everything atm. we didnt really see eiji's face either, when he got chopped. plus
the screen went somewhere for awhile...

btw, what happened to the body of the bald dude? maybe he was the one that was hung? :o with hair :p
Lolz im just spouting out nonsense :XD

hatsuharupeace
April 27, 2008, 05:09 AM
The spoilers are to stop other people from getting spoiled.

I have a feeling that Haruka is gonna be in some form of trap in the room that we saw in chapter 9. If not, we might see another dead body, Haruka's, or someone else's.

Raijatsu
April 27, 2008, 06:04 AM
I think Haruka is already dead....
Plus I think the murderer has another motive than the murder Eiji had done.
Often the first victim is the one the murderer hated the most. So imho his motive has something to do with Rei and her past as a medium.

kaloo
April 28, 2008, 10:10 PM
My personal opinion is that whoever did it is looking for thrills playing the game. Really though, how many are left. Just the 4, right? I mean they set it up so that they would be playing the deadly game, but the more it progresses the less likely it seems that one of them did it. Unless it was Haruka, but everyone thinks it is so that seems unlikely.

Also it seems like that building is being used for this over and over again. I mean there was so much stuff there. I wonder if beyond that door we'll just find a pile of corpses from previous rounds. THat seems unlikely, but it's my vague speculation.

Koen
April 29, 2008, 04:55 AM
Guys you don't have to use these spoilers tags - it's kinda annoying. A spoiler tag should only be used when
1. a raw hasn't come out but you got a script and some pictures
2. a untranslated/unscanlated raw is available (that last one isn't obliged, though recommended)
3. you talk about a raw that hasn't been released at mangahelpers

These are scanlated chapters we talk about. These are discussion and predictions we do. These are threads that should be entered on own risk

Farfalla
April 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
I totally recomend this manga *-*

admirenkiwi
April 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
Guys you don't have to use these spoilers tags - it's kinda annoying. A spoiler tag should only be used when
1. a raw hasn't come out but you got a script and some pictures
2. a untranslated/unscanlated raw is available (that last one isn't obliged, though recommended)
3. you talk about a raw that hasn't been released at mangahelpers

These are scanlated chapters we talk about. These are discussion and predictions we do. These are threads that should be entered on own risk

lol i agree
i thought this was a place to talk about it not use spoilers to read what other ppl typed >_>
i got lazy of opening those spoilers. so i didnt read what ppl had to say at all :p
so all in all, i dont look at this thread until another mystery comes up.

igotthegoods
April 30, 2008, 07:56 PM
i'm loving this manga :nuts so suspensful! it does seem a lot like saw, though. if the wolf turns out to be rei, eiji, or the bald guy it'll really end up being a total saw rip-off. at this point, i'm leaning toward either yuu or mitsuki just because they seem least likely to be the wolf, which in turn makes me most suspicious of them. does that make sense? :blink

gah! i guess i'll have to just wait to find out >.>

caesarpk
May 05, 2008, 09:53 AM
I don't see any motive for mitsuki or yuui to kill the 3, and I don't think it would be merely someone teying to playing a game - oh well, it's not based on facts

hatsuharupeace
May 05, 2008, 06:35 PM
The RAW for chapter 10 is out, so expect a scanlation soon.

igotthegoods
May 05, 2008, 11:07 PM
The RAW for chapter 10 is out, so expect a scanlation soon.

sweet! gonna go check it out :nuts

caesarpk
May 06, 2008, 05:13 PM
where's the raw? is it in RTS thread?

hatsuharupeace
May 06, 2008, 06:33 PM
Nope, it's not, but I saw a link for it somewhere, but I don't have it though.

caesarpk
May 12, 2008, 12:19 PM
It's not getting scanlated...which website has raws...?

Sherlock Holmes
May 12, 2008, 12:28 PM
I LOVE THIS MANGA!

Okay,mystery geek mode on here so excuse me for sounding crazy XD

This reminds A LOT of And Then Were None by Agatha Christie,a classic mystery thriller. Anyone here ever read that? It's basically the same story.
10 people get stuck in an island. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THERE. As they get there,they see the following poem:

Ten little Soldier boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were Nine.
Nine little Soldier boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there were Eight.
Eight little Soldier boys traveling in Devon; One said he'd stay there and then there were Seven.
Seven little Soldier boys chopping up sticks; One chopped himself in halves and then there were Six.
Six little Soldier boys playing with a hive; A bumblebee stung one and then there were Five.
Five little Soldier boys going in for law; One got into Chancery and then there were Four.
Four little Soldier boys going out to sea; A red herring swallowed one and then there were Three.
Three little Soldier boys walking in the Zoo; A big bear hugged one and then there were Two.
Two little Soldier boys were out in the sun; One got all frizzled up and then there was one. (in some versions Two Little Soldier boys playing with a gun; One shot the other and then there was one.)
One little Soldier boy left all alone; He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

And then every single one of them is killed. EVERY SINGLE ONE. ONLY one of the 10 could have been the killer. AND YET, none of them COULD. Because they were all KILLED and there was no suicide,except by the last person,but that person wasn't the killer. Who is the killer then? Eh bien use your little gray cells to figure it out!(Cookie to who gets the reference)

Anyway, like I said they are both extremely similar.

Back to Doubt...I have 3 theories. No,4.

Theory #1: The killer is...Mitsuki!

WHAT? Okay,here is goes:

One: She is crazy about justice and rules,that has already been established.
That would(along with a sad past) justify her killings.
Two: She was supposed to be there by "accident" and yet they had her data.
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/000027793/34.jpg
That point was raised in the manga,but never solved.

If she was the killer then.....That is where my theory gets a bit frail. She had the motive,and what SEEMS like a clue. But WHY would she put herself in there? The only reason I can possibly think is that she (assuming that she is the killer) put herself in there was to frame Yuu. That sounds somewhat pushing it,since she had no way of knowing that she wouldn't frame herself with that, but considering that this is a manga not a book, she could have been a genius who planned every single detail, including the camera angles and how Yuu saw Eiji being killed, and didn't see Hajime. Calculating that Hajime was very smart and he wouldn't suspect Yuu anymore giving the circumstances, she could[/b] be the killer.

Points against this theory:
Her birthday is the day after the whole game thing. Doesn't make any sense for her to do something like that before her birthday.

Theory #2: The And Then Were None Theory:
Some spoilers about the and then were none book here. Many actually. Major spoilers.

In the book,the way that 10 people were killed with one of them being the killer was actually very simple. [I]One of them wasn't killed. He faked it.
The same thing could be happening here. Is Rei really dead? They didn't seem to check it. Sure it seems like she is dead, but is that even her?
The fact is,they never checked it. She was stabbed so they concluded she was dead, but a simple trick could have faked it.
If she is indeed alive, the only possible explanation is that she is the killer.

Points against it: She has a barcode. If they attempted to use it, they would find out that she is alive(probably).
Possible explanation for points against it: She thought that since they were just learning how to use the bar code system, they would think of using her barcode only as a last resort.
This explanation can be proven(or disproving) if they see rei's body one more time. If she is still there, then hell she is dead. If not,hell she is alive and the killer.

Theory #3: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Theory:
Yuu is the killer. His reactions might seem to imply that he is not(specially given the fact that he is the main character,hence the Roger Ackroyd thing)
But he could be just acting. Killed Rei,then drugged himself.
Seems simple enough.

Theory 3 B) The Dr.Jerkyll and Mr.Hyde theory:
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/00000002/21.jpg
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/00000002/22.jpg
HE sent the message to Hajime telling him that the meeting had changed places. But he honestly didn't know that. If he had another personality, that would be easily explained. The other personality also would have made the research on Yuu and Mitsuki, and he could have even called her there(and Yuu doesn't know that) hence why they are all there.

Seems a bit pushy, but it sounds like it would be a plausible and awesome ending for Doubt.

Theory 4: The VERY,VERY Insane theory
The killer is....Mitsuki's dad.
Don't ask me why,I just suspect him. This isn't even a theory.
He isn't even a character.
....or maybe no one is actually dead and the whole thing is just a game and they don't know that?

Anyway, as for Hajime and Haruka,they don't seem like the killer to me.
Hajime seems to be way to....classic for a killer.
He is clearly the smartest one of the group, and the killer is usually smart.
And it is a cliché that the most obvious person is never the killer.

But again,if he is so smart why is he acting smart? He should know better!
Acting dumb would be the solution!
...so if he is acting smart,then he is the real killer?
....Theory number 5? haha
Haruka.....Humm that would be great for the "less obvious character is always the killer" cliché, but I don't have anything to say on her.

Sorry for the gigantic post, but I just am the biggest mystery lover ever....And I'm loving this manga!

Saintz0r
May 16, 2008, 09:16 PM
Chapter 10 is out!
Oh, nice theories Sherlock Holmes :] ( we can see by your nick that you love mystery^^ )
I love Agatha Christie books, but never read the one you mentioned. I'll definitely check it out :]

After this chapter I'm starting to suspect Mitsuki @.@
Now, some spoilers about the chapter o/
Haruka's head appearing was a little too sudden o.o
But if Yuu finds her body he should be able to get the little girl barcode to open the final door. The only problem is that he'll probably go running to check if Mitsuki's fine. And that delay might cost him the chance to escape.
And if Mitsuki really is the wolf then I pity Hajime ><

Sherlock Holmes
May 17, 2008, 03:21 PM
Yes,I'm also suspecting Mitsuki*points up to theory#1*
My theory#1 just got more stuff to work with huh...

hatsuharupeace
May 17, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hajime acts sooooo suspicious in chapter 10!!! Though I'm seriously thinking that either Rei or Mitsuki is the wolf, I think Mitsuki is the more likely out of the three.

caesarpk
May 17, 2008, 10:26 PM
Ahh, Can't wait for a month to find out Hajime or Mitsuki is the killer, though hajime was seemed so creepy and suspicious....... the most surprising killer would probably be Yuu, since the story is told from his view point, which makes me suspect him a little

The man with rabbit hat on was on the binder right? then does that mean Mitsuki was once confined there as well...?

Sherlock Holmes
May 17, 2008, 11:08 PM
Ahh, Can't wait for a month to find out Hajime or Mitsuki is the killer, though hajime was seemed so creepy and suspicious....... the most surprising killer would probably be Yuu, since the story is told from his view point, which makes me suspect him a little

The man with rabbit hat on was on the binder right? then does that mean Mitsuki was once confined there as well...?

Yeah right now I really but really think that Yuu is the killer.
Although we can't rule out the possibility that the killer is neither Yuu nor any of the main characters. Just a random psycho.
That would be a twist haha.

foofoo
May 24, 2008, 11:02 PM
I LOVE THIS MANGA!

Okay,mystery geek mode on here so excuse me for sounding crazy XD

This reminds A LOT of And Then Were None by Agatha Christie,a classic mystery thriller. Anyone here ever read that? It's basically the same story.
10 people get stuck in an island. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THERE. As they get there,they see the following poem:

And then every single one of them is killed. EVERY SINGLE ONE. ONLY one of the 10 could have been the killer. AND YET, none of them COULD. Because they were all KILLED and there was no suicide,except by the last person,but that person wasn't the killer. Who is the killer then? Eh bien use your little gray cells to figure it out!(Cookie to who gets the reference)

Anyway, like I said they are both extremely similar.

Back to Doubt...I have 3 theories. No,4.

Theory #1: The killer is...Mitsuki!

WHAT? Okay,here is goes:

One: She is crazy about justice and rules,that has already been established.
That would(along with a sad past) justify her killings.
Two: She was supposed to be there by "accident" and yet they had her data.
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/000027793/34.jpg
That point was raised in the manga,but never solved.

If she was the killer then.....That is where my theory gets a bit frail. She had the motive,and what SEEMS like a clue. But WHY would she put herself in there? The only reason I can possibly think is that she (assuming that she is the killer) put herself in there was to frame Yuu. That sounds somewhat pushing it,since she had no way of knowing that she wouldn't frame herself with that, but considering that this is a manga not a book, she could have been a genius who planned every single detail, including the camera angles and how Yuu saw Eiji being killed, and didn't see Hajime. Calculating that Hajime was very smart and he wouldn't suspect Yuu anymore giving the circumstances, she could[/b] be the killer.

Points against this theory:
Her birthday is the day after the whole game thing. Doesn't make any sense for her to do something like that before her birthday.

Theory #2: The And Then Were None Theory:
Some spoilers about the and then were none book here. Many actually. Major spoilers.

In the book,the way that 10 people were killed with one of them being the killer was actually very simple. [I]One of them wasn't killed. He faked it.
The same thing could be happening here. Is Rei really dead? They didn't seem to check it. Sure it seems like she is dead, but is that even her?
The fact is,they never checked it. She was stabbed so they concluded she was dead, but a simple trick could have faked it.
If she is indeed alive, the only possible explanation is that she is the killer.

Points against it: She has a barcode. If they attempted to use it, they would find out that she is alive(probably).
Possible explanation for points against it: She thought that since they were just learning how to use the bar code system, they would think of using her barcode only as a last resort.
This explanation can be proven(or disproving) if they see rei's body one more time. If she is still there, then hell she is dead. If not,hell she is alive and the killer.

Yuu is the killer. His reactions might seem to imply that he is not(specially given the fact that he is the main character,hence the Roger Ackroyd thing)
Seems simple enough.

Theory 3 B) The Dr.Jerkyll and Mr.Hyde theory:
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/00000002/22.jpg
HE sent the message to Hajime telling him that the meeting had changed places. But he honestly didn't know that. If he had another personality, that would be easily explained. The other personality also would have made the research on Yuu and Mitsuki, and he could have even called her there(and Yuu doesn't know that) hence why they are all there.

Seems a bit pushy, but it sounds like it would be a plausible and awesome ending for Doubt.

....or maybe no one is actually dead and the whole thing is just a game and they don't know that?

Anyway, as for Hajime and Haruka,they don't seem like the killer to me.
Hajime seems to be way to....classic for a killer.
He is clearly the smartest one of the group, and the killer is usually smart.
And it is a cliché that the most obvious person is never the killer.

But again,if he is so smart why is he acting smart? He should know better!
Acting dumb would be the solution!
...so if he is acting smart,then he is the real killer?
....Theory number 5? haha
Haruka.....Humm that would be great for the "less obvious character is always the killer" cliché, but I don't have anything to say on her.

Sorry for the gigantic post, but I just am the biggest mystery lover ever....And I'm loving this manga!

I registered for the soul purpose of posting in this forum. Seriously, this is y first post her in all the forums. Anyway, Haruka is now dead. Here are my one and only theory.(Warning) I suck at explaining my own theories.

My Theory (Coming from Your Theory #2: Rei has hypnotized them all (or just Yuu, the main character, the only person who's POV is know to us), they are just in a dream-like state/illusion that Rei has created for them (Genjutsu of sorts), which seems like forever but is really like a minute or an hour IRL. All the things that happen are base on their own memories and actions, Rei just set the stage. Hajime is actually a person manifested by her imagination, since she "killed" herself off in the beginning, she created an avatar for herself, to watch the others.

Why?: -She either has a twisted sense of humor. (?)
-To prove to Eiji she is an excellent hypnotist/Impress him.
-Created this as a joke, got a little out of hand. (?)
-Her own entertainment, just to see how twisted human nature can be, everyone was really just killing each other off.

caesarpk
May 24, 2008, 11:19 PM
It seems to me like too detailed for the whole event to simply the hypnotism by Rei, and that everyone seems to agree on what Hajime is like (his personalities, and his appearance,), and thus creating a "person" even in imagination is pretty...absurd. Anyways, this is just my opinion
This is my friend's opinion, and I agree with it, so I will post it here (sorry if it overlapped with someone else's)

Yuu is the killer. The guy who was in front of the monitors (the one with rabbit hat) before he fainted because of the drug was watching the monitor. Because he knew from the video that Yuu was the killer and the guy behind everything, he tried to strangle him. Other evidences such as the barcode and all are also clues.
The only thing against this is that from Yuu's point of view, we are forced to think that he is not the killer by his thoughts and actions. BUT what we know are only part of what it is actually happening, so, just maybe Yuu is the killer

Sherlock Holmes
May 25, 2008, 01:54 AM
It seems to me like too detailed for the whole event to simply the hypnotism by Rei, and that everyone seems to agree on what Hajime is like (his personalities, and his appearance,), and thus creating a "person" even in imagination is pretty...absurd. Anyways, this is just my opinion
This is my friend's opinion, and I agree with it, so I will post it here (sorry if it overlapped with someone else's)

The only thing against this is that from Yuu's point of view, we are forced to think that he is not the killer by his thoughts and actions. BUT what we know are only part of what it is actually happening, so, just maybe Yuu is the killer

Yeah I also posted the same theory

Seems simple enough.

Maybe he has a second personality. That would explain everything...*points to theory #3, at the evidence that Yuu is the killer*

But I disagree with your friend. The fact that he doesn't have a bar code proves he is innocent. If he was guilty he would put a barcode on himself just to make him look innocent! Isn't that kinda obvious? But of course,if he had two personalities that would (somehow) be explained.

I registered for the soul purpose of posting in this forum. Seriously, this is y first post her in all the forums. Anyway, Haruka is now dead. Here are my one and only theory.(Warning) I suck at explaining my own theories.

My Theory (Coming from Your Theory #2: Rei has hypnotized them all (or just Yuu, the main character, the only person who's POV is know to us), they are just in a dream-like state/illusion that Rei has created for them (Genjutsu of sorts), which seems like forever but is really like a minute or an hour IRL. All the things that happen are base on their own memories and actions, Rei just set the stage. Hajime is actually a person manifested by her imagination, since she "killed" herself off in the beginning, she created an avatar for herself, to watch the others.

Why?: -She either has a twisted sense of humor. (?)
-To prove to Eiji she is an excellent hypnotist/Impress him.
-Created this as a joke, got a little out of hand. (?)
-Her own entertainment, just to see how twisted human nature can be, everyone was really just killing each other off.

You can't hypnotize people THAT much. It's plain impossible......She could however, have hypnotized them to think she died. In the right place, with help from a couple sleeping pills to reduce brain activity +enviromental factors that would make the whole thing more believable to them(they first woke up,taked for a little bit and THEN found her dead.)....then it's,improbable. But possible.

caesarpk
May 25, 2008, 10:49 AM
But I disagree with your friend. The fact that he doesn't have a bar code proves he is innocent. If he was guilty he would put a barcode on himself just to make him look innocent! Isn't that kinda obvious? But of course,if he had two personalities that would (somehow) be explained.

really? If he didn't have a barcode, then he will be suspected first. But if he[second personality] is confident enough that he can prove himself to be innocent, and we know he did proved to others that he is innocent
So when someone is proven once to be innocent, then he will be less likely to be suspected again, right? in other words, I think yuu exposed himself so that he won't be suspected later

hatsuharupeace
June 07, 2008, 12:02 AM
The scanlation for chapter 11 is out, scanlated by SnoopyCool, download the torrent [here] (http://www.snoopycool.com/torrents/Doubt_ch11.zip.torrent).
[hr]
Just read the chapter, ZOMG, it's a killer.

caesarpk
June 07, 2008, 09:58 AM
Can you upload a meguupload/mediafire mirror? Can't use torrent;)

hatsuharupeace
June 07, 2008, 09:32 PM
Umm.... I'll see what I can do. :XD
[hr]
[Mediafire mirror for chapter 11] (http://www.mediafire.com/?x2pv9faxjdy)

Quetz
June 07, 2008, 10:37 PM
This chapter kind of randomly killed my interest in this manga for me. Generic responses to a set of generic circumstances, followed by a completely expected set of reactions. =/

GothHearth
June 20, 2008, 10:18 PM
I Suspect Rei !! xD

hatsuharupeace
July 01, 2008, 06:53 AM
Doubt chapter 12 is out, grab it [here] (http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html). I'll post my thoughts on the chapter after I've finished downloading it on slow internet.
[hr]
Damn, this chapter was exciting!

Looks like Hajime figured out who the wolf is, I'm thinking it's either Haruka or Rei. Why Haruka even though she's dead?? From the way Hajime reacted when he saw that Yuu didn't have a barcode on his chest, the only other person who had it near their chest was Haruka. Though it's not really perfect evidence, I would think it's a really subtle hint. Why Rei even though it looks like she's dead?? I seriously have no idea, it's the only person I could really think of who's still alive.

Saintz0r
July 01, 2008, 07:47 AM
Omg!

Interesting chapter. I guess the wolf could've faked her death, Hajime wouldn't have figured out who she is if she was a new character :P
But why she didn't kill Yuu? The female who was most likely to let him alive is Mitsuki. And we didn't get to see her face when Yuu saw her body so it could be anyone's body with a similar cloth
Btw, it's not a good idea to let Hajime there alone almost dying

hatsuharupeace
July 01, 2008, 08:00 AM
I really do think the wolf is Mitsuki now, from the evidence given. When you see her body hanging from the ceiling in chapter 11, you don't see a face or head. This could mean, and please don't read on if you're quite sensitive towards gore-ish things, that whoever the wolf had, and in this case Mitsuki could have dressed up the beheaded body of Haruka in her own clothing, and then placed the body in that room, in order to fool everyone that she had died. Another piece of evidence is how she hesitated when she was about to kill Yuu, which obviously meant that she had some sort of strong feelings for him, and couldn't bring herself to kill him, which was further emphasized during Yuu's thoughts in chapter 11 after seeing 'Mitsuki's body hanging from the ceiling.

So, thoughts anyone?

Sherlock Holmes
July 01, 2008, 05:05 PM
Okay,let me try to do this Sherlock Holmes style.

Hajime figured out who the killer is by elimination. There is a door that only the wolf has access to. This means that the killer is the only one who hasn't used their bar code yet. So,he logically assumed that the killer was Yuu.
However upon seeing that Yuu didn't have a barcode....He realized that the killer is...REI! And Then Were None!

/Agatha Christie reference

...Or...Hajime staged the whole thing(although that is close to impossible,given that he almost died....) and the killer is himself.

igotthegoods
July 01, 2008, 06:13 PM
lots of suspense in this chapter....it kept me on the edge of my seat!

i still don't suspect hajime; he was much too obvious from the start. rei is my prime suspect (see the above deduction from sherlock holmes) followed by mitsuki. hatsu's idea is pretty good too, so i'm keeping mitsuki on my suspect list. it's also possible that it's both of them (a la scream). that could be an interesting twist.

i have a love/hate relationship with scenes like the one where hajime almost names the wolf, but stops short. it's so frustrating and you wish he would just spit it out already :yelling but the suspense is what keeps things interesting, ne?

hatsuharupeace
July 01, 2008, 06:36 PM
Hajime figured out who the killer is by elimination. There is a door that only the wolf has access to. This means that the killer is the only one who hasn't used their bar code yet. So,he logically assumed that the killer was Yuu.
However upon seeing that Yuu didn't have a barcode....He realized that the killer is...REI! And Then Were None!

I think you might be wrong there, Hajime said that the barcode that the wolf has has the ability to open any of the doors, and open them a multiple amount of times. Most of the others in the group have tried their barcode against other doors which they haven't opened, and they haven't opened, meaning that their barcode isn't the wolf's and confirming that they aren't the wolf.

Raijatsu
July 01, 2008, 06:52 PM
maxybe the wolf has more than just one barcode?
He could have shown the fake one to the group and then he used the hidden one to get to Hajime and Mitzuki. I think she is the murder and the body we saw was Harukas

Sherlock Holmes
July 01, 2008, 09:49 PM
I think you might be wrong there, Hajime said that the barcode that the wolf has has the ability to open any of the doors, and open them a multiple amount of times. Most of the others in the group have tried their barcode against other doors which they haven't opened, and they haven't opened, meaning that their barcode isn't the wolf's and confirming that they aren't the wolf.

Yes, exactly. Most people have tried to open the doors, and yet they couldn't....Hence, they are NOT the wolf. Ergo, the only person who has not yet tried to open other doors should be the killer. He thought that the killer was Yuu...Since he never tried to open a door,because he didn't have a barcode to begin with.(Hajime assumed that he Yuu was lying about that).
The only logical conclusion to him was that Yuu was the killer....But after he found out that it was impossivble for that to happen....Then he realized that the only possibility was that Rei was the killer.
And as Sherlock Holmes said once, “When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

kaloo
July 08, 2008, 05:46 AM
I dunno. I mean a dead person being the murderer is even more impossible, but I tihnk rei did it too... But it still seems to be just another impsoible option

Neji2112
July 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
the new chapter is supposed to be out online so keep an eye out for it soon!

it'll be here if you have a program that supports "torrent" files
http://www.snoopycool.com/torrents/Doubt_ch13.zip.torrent

Sherlock Holmes
July 31, 2008, 03:54 AM
I dunno. I mean a dead person being the murderer is even more impossible, but I tihnk rei did it too... But it still seems to be just another impsoible option

It has been done before, in "And then were none" by Agatha Christie. IT IS impossible for someone who is dead to be the killer...UNLESS THEY ARE NOT DEAD.
[hr]
AHHH THIS LAST CHAPTER WAS AWESOME! THE SUSPENSE WAS JUST...PERFECT! "You're are..." proves that the killer is NOT Mitsuki, otherwise he wouldn't say "You're..." he would just shout her name(in my opinion).

...So,yes. Let's see who is right....

I SAY THE KILLER IS REI. SHE FAKED HER OWN DEATH. SHE WENT PSYCHO BECAUSE OF SOMETHING WITH HER TV SHOW. MITSUKI IS ALIVE.

Those are my guesses. *Mystery geek mode on* I haven't enjoyed a manga this much in a looooooooong time.

So, I REALLY think the killer is Rei. Everything points out to her... I would love to be wrong though. I love to be surprised while reading a mystery novel.

*remembers first time he read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd*

Oh, and it is proven that Mitsuki can't be the killer because..um...not sure if this kind of logic works but,
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/000069472/30-31.jpg
The killer doesn't seem to have breasts. But again the author might just have forgotten about that.

eni
August 04, 2008, 07:54 AM
People, other than for pics and RAW spoilers - you don't need to use spoiler tags, really.

As for chapter 13: AMAZING! I'm dying to see the solution! :nuts

I also suspected Rei from the start but the bunny is clearly male. Also Yuu having a double personality would be something I had loved to see but that doesn't explain the "second" person... hmm... gah, I want to see it now >.<

The mangaka managed to keep it very interesting through already more than 2 volumes and whatever he decides to pull off in the next chapters, I believe he won't disappoint us :amuse

hatsuharupeace
August 04, 2008, 08:10 AM
What I just hope is that the killer isn't Mitsuki's father, since he was mentioned at the very start of chapter 1. That would just really spoil Doubt.

eni
August 04, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hm, it would be a fun twist if he were. There must be someone who's behind the game. A adult makes sense and it would explain Mitsuki's presence there.

Jeffu
August 04, 2008, 12:16 PM
well the one who has done the killings must have a great sense of justice his own weird type of revenge/justice thing, if you look at what was written at rei's body and mitsuki's dad is a cop so it would make sense for him to be the murderer but if so why would he put his own daughter in this kind of game thats a good question :P

I don't really like this thinking but ive heard it from others too and i start to think its possible for the bunny killer to be 2 different person boobs and then no boobs would explain that i guess.

other thing that i noticed is that when we see the bunny killer with boobs i think the size fits haruka and not mitsuki so maybe haruka is the killer or am i a total pervert staring at boobs and analyzing them? :P

shouryuujo
August 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
I think the "obvious" is Mitsuki and her dad. The wolf hesitated in killing Yuu must know him pretty well - the father doesn't want to kill his daughter's best friend. However, Hajime had the "revelation" of who the killer is so he/she must be in the group so that makes mitsuki and her dad a viable pair.

I think the barcode might be hidden in one of the keychains - maybe that's why hajime had a flashback on it.

I think if it is not Mitsuki's dad it might be another person in the group - mitsuki and her dad as far as we know did not bring this group together so that means someone from the inside brought the group together for the "real game".

We know for sure who died:
Rei <- hanged up like that - nails to the hands and chest... the nails to the had has to be real to hold her up...
Haruka <- unless the head is a replica..

Doubtful:
Hajime <- stabbed deep in the back by the "wolf"..he is medical student so he could theoretically avoided major organs from the stab and be the other accomplice.
Eiji <- never saw his face (room was dark and door blocked by wolf to prevent them from entering) and the body could be anyone.

Maybe:
Mitsuki <- never really seen who injured her... and those who were injured always resulted in death or near death so very doubtful the wolf let her go with a scratch. She may very well be dead and the mangaka is trying to throw us off by not having the body of haruka around and make us think haruka's body is hung there and not mitsuki's...

Regardless we shall finally see who the wolf is... hopefully it is someone we didn't expect and not Mitsuki's dad...

Sherlock Holmes
August 11, 2008, 05:28 PM
I think the "obvious" is Mitsuki and her dad. The wolf hesitated in killing Yuu must know him pretty well - the father doesn't want to kill his daughter's best friend. However, Hajime had the "revelation" of who the killer is so he/she must be in the group so that makes mitsuki and her dad a viable pair.

I think the barcode might be hidden in one of the keychains - maybe that's why hajime had a flashback on it.

I think if it is not Mitsuki's dad it might be another person in the group - mitsuki and her dad as far as we know did not bring this group together so that means someone from the inside brought the group together for the "real game".

We know for sure who died:
Rei <- hanged up like that - nails to the hands and chest... the nails to the had has to be real to hold her up...
Haruka <- unless the head is a replica..

Doubtful:
Hajime <- stabbed deep in the back by the "wolf"..he is medical student so he could theoretically avoided major organs from the stab and be the other accomplice.
Eiji <- never saw his face (room was dark and door blocked by wolf to prevent them from entering) and the body could be anyone.

Maybe:
Mitsuki <- never really seen who injured her... and those who were injured always resulted in death or near death so very doubtful the wolf let her go with a scratch. She may very well be dead and the mangaka is trying to throw us off by not having the body of haruka around and make us think haruka's body is hung there and not mitsuki's...

Regardless we shall finally see who the wolf is... hopefully it is someone we didn't expect and not Mitsuki's dad...

We can't be sure Rei died. Hypnotism+ Suggestive atmosphere+Make up=It's not impossible that she survived.

Also, anyone else thinks that maybe the WHOLE THING was just a game? Like virtual reality or something?

shouryuujo
August 12, 2008, 09:01 AM
We can't be sure Rei died. Hypnotism+ Suggestive atmosphere+Make up=It's not impossible that she survived.

Also, anyone else thinks that maybe the WHOLE THING was just a game? Like virtual reality or something?

Here are some "hints" i found scattered... anyone else noticed anything?:

1. Rei talking to eiji - was he really trying to hit on her? They looked pretty serious..

2. Mitsuki talking to her dad - perhaps "i am with great friends" a signal to tell him to start the game. And perhaps her "birthday present" is to kill Yuu's friends and have alone time with him - but then that would kinda mean she's psychotic and from flashbacks it really didn't seem to be..

3. We never "convincingly" found out if rei was dead - although anyone looking at the stake through her chest and her hands staked to the wall prob figure she died - it wouldve been more convincing if they chopped her leg off and use the barcode..

4. mitsuki - slight injury? she is the only one besides Yuu who "survived" assault by the wolf... the wolf must know them both which might lead to her father. Also hanging with no view to face might mean it is not her..

5. the hint hajime gave us with the keychain.. maybe a person with keychain has barcode there too.

6. rei could possibly hypnotize people but to the extent that we see now - not sure if that's possible?

7.We still dont know who organized the 1st game/meeting. It cant possibly be by chance but then again why wait after so many games to start murdering people? maybe once everyone became "friends" and then do it?

admirenkiwi
August 15, 2008, 05:52 AM
o.o
so the person who attacked mitsuki and eiji from behind was her father?
who was it that attacked them from behind when mitsuki was down with the fever and eiji chained down? :o

shouryuujo
August 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
o.o
so the person who attacked mitsuki and eiji from behind was her father?
who was it that attacked them from behind when mitsuki was down with the fever and eiji chained down? :o

maybe her father again? Well it seems to make us believe Mitsuki is in on it somehow since the wolf attack eiji and mitsuki, dragged mitsuki away and "hanged her". Since we dont see the head it is probably not her. The wolf probably left eiji and yuu to kill eachother.. i am hoping that it is not her father though since it is pretty predictable.. also Eiji found out who the wolf is from the keychain... it was weird he didn't tell yuu even after he survived the stabbing...

lakrits
August 17, 2008, 06:09 PM
At first i thought it might have been Haruka or Hajime judging by this:

http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/00000001/23.jpg
and this:

I mean,did someone send Hajime a message about changing the time and place of the meeting or did Hajime send Haruka a message saying that he had something to do at his university?

shouryuujo
August 18, 2008, 07:06 AM
At first i thought it might have been Haruka or Hajime judging by this:

http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/00000001/23.jpg
and this:

I mean,did someone send Hajime a message about changing the time and place of the meeting or did Hajime send Haruka a message saying that he had something to do at his university?

o... i totally missed that! Hmm it's become weirder and weider...

Sherlock Holmes
August 18, 2008, 07:08 AM
When does the next chapter comes out?

I still think the killer is Rei.

lakrits
August 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
When does the next chapter comes out?

I still think the killer is Rei.

I think it's already out, but nobody has scanned it yet.

eni
August 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yes, Gangan (the magazine) gets released around the 12th of each month. Snoopy Cool doesn't scan as fast as our Naruto speedscanners here (expect them to release two weeks later), but they do a good job and it's worth the wait, imho.

Here's the chapter cover page (and title) for the time being: http://i36.tinypic.com/282i681.jpg

Nothing helpful on it this month, though. Depending on manga and chapter, it's sometimes a little spoiler to the chapter.

tehgrim
August 26, 2008, 10:16 AM
Well, i followed rabbit doubt back when the earlier chapters were released. But now i've caught up on the recent chpaters as well.

I've noticed a few people saying that, the rabbit is someone who hasn't used their barcode. However that isn't necessarily true, in that the rabbit could have two barcode and has only shown and used one. The other possibility is that the rabbit has used his universal barcode in front of everyone, BUT he/she pretends that its a one-time use barcode.

Sherlock Holmes
August 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
your theory makes sense,about having more than one code. It could explain everything.......If the killer is Hajime that would be insanely awesome. Cutting off his own hand just to fool everyone..Although that is improbable at best. Since that the rabbit has two hands.

...When does chapter 14 come out? I can't wait anymore!

patedecarne
August 26, 2008, 12:06 PM
I don't know, but if Doubt follows the same route as Saw, we'll see another great surprise in the end: I don' know why but I'm thinking that Rei has something to do with everything: she was the most mysterious person so far, and Hajime, ah, don't think he's guilty, but if anything, just one thing about him still bugs me: He doesn't seem the type who'll play a game like that, and still he was the first one to be caught;

Mitsuki, on the other hand, just like Rei, could be the key here, but then we're about to face another problem: Rei and Mitsuki, by themselves, wouldn't be able to do such things in that place, their physical force isn't anything extraordinary, where again we can see more similarities with Saw;

Then, I'm seeing two people involved here, a la Scream 1...

tehgrim
August 26, 2008, 06:02 PM
If the killer is Hajime that would be insanely awesome. Cutting off his own hand just to fool everyone..Although that is improbable at best. Since that the rabbit has two hands.

You mean eiji, since he's the one who had his hand cut off and then was hung.

Though there's one thing i don't understand, Haruka was the one who killed Eiji right? But when where shown the flashback of Yuu sticking his hand into the room, the rabbit that is shown is a guy...

this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/Doubt/13/12-13/

Also the fact about Rei being the most suspicious is also understandable in that she's the character we know least about.

eni
August 28, 2008, 07:26 PM
Chapter 14 got released by Snoopy Cool! :luv

Grab it here: http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html
Please use spoilertags for the first 24 hours after this post was made, thank you.

//edit... so I've just read it... Holy crap... I feel SO sorry for him. I calculated her in as the wolf, like many others but still the way how she was revealed was great (although, you could tell it's a girl from the first panel showing the shirt >.>). Now, what does she mean? And how will he answer her question? And I'm pretty sure there must be something bigger behind this or did she create all the files on her own? Not to mention a small girl all on her own killing off so many people... hm...

This manga is so freaking awesome! :clap

Sherlock Holmes
August 28, 2008, 08:12 PM
Chapter 14 got released by Snoopy Cool! :luv

Grab it here: http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html

OH MY GOT IT'S OUT!
*downloading it*

c'mon...go faster pc,go faster! I want to see if I was right! Or if anyone was right! Or if...Fuck that, I just want to read it!

torrent doesn't really work that well here, can anyone upload it somewhere else please? My torrent client hasn't even connected to the tracker yet.
[hr]
EDIT: Nevermind I got it.

But...This is...Weird. Not that weird but still...I'm not completely convinced that the killer is Mitsuki. I still think that Rei is involved somehow. Well, now we have to wait for the next chapter!

Please look at the date and time of my post above and use spoilertags for the first 24 hours.

tehgrim
August 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
im confused as well, was the fever that she had an act?

And whose body is hanging in the hallway? ><

Same issue as the post above >.>

Quetz
August 28, 2008, 11:42 PM
so it was the med student the whole time, yea?

eni
August 29, 2008, 01:31 AM
But...This is...Weird. Not that weird but still...I'm not completely convinced that the killer is Mitsuki. I still think that Rei is involved somehow. Well, now we have to wait for the next chapter!

Hypnosis, maybe? Seeing the manga so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka plays a trick on us but on the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just that simple solution. Though, I would like him to explain the scene where we see the wolf attacking Mitsuki... maybe her lost twin? xD In any case I have a hard time imagining a small girl like her doing all of this alone: Setting up the game, luring victims, murdering tall guys, ect.

Everything is possible atm.

Sherlock Holmes
August 29, 2008, 07:53 AM
Hypnosis, maybe? Seeing the manga so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka plays a trick on us but on the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just that simple solution. Though, I would like him to explain the scene where we see the wolf attacking Mitsuki... maybe her lost twin? xD In any case I have a hard time imagining a small girl like her doing all of this alone: Setting up the game, luring victims, murdering tall guys, ect.

Yeah, the only thing holding this theory back is that..Well, it's impossible to hypnotize someone to do things they wouldn't normally do, despite popular belief. But hey, this is a manga! But again,look at this:
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000419/000075312/03.jpg
There is someone behind Yuu when he has just knocked the wolf down. This means that..Well,the true wolf could still be Rei. Or I just misinterpreted the scene, who knows haha

EL_manana
August 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
Do you remember Haruhi (or what is the name of that blond girl?) We got to see her head but not the body. So what if the body hanging there is Haruhi's dressed in Mitsuki's clothes... We didn't see this hanged body in whole..with the face...
Sorry if I'm repeating someone. Didn't read all the previous pages of this thread.
Well, this chapter was awesome. It was like 20-smth pages before they actually showed Mitsuki's face. I was already expecting that they won't show us the wolf in this chapter as well. And I am glad that it isn't Rei. (well, unless Mitsuki is also her "hypnotizing".) I was a tiny bit expecting the wolf to be Mitsuki, but still it is awesome!!!

hatsuharupeace
August 30, 2008, 04:03 AM
@EL_manana: You're probably right, since Mitsuki, when she was shown in chapter 14, was wearing different clothing from what she was wearing in the beginning. What I'm curious about is the point of the flashback, is it meant to show the underlying reason why Mitsuki took the action of killing people who lie or is it to show the actions that Mitsuki would take in order to rid the world of the people that lie?

geassman
September 01, 2008, 03:53 PM
I just read the latest chap.-awesome!

I had suspected her, it wavered a little because the wolf looked more like a male but still... I wonder how she lay in the bed and attacked Hahime at the same time, though...

shouryuujo
September 19, 2008, 07:50 AM
im confused as well, was the fever that she had an act?

And whose body is hanging in the hallway? ><

Same issue as the post above >.>

Most likely Yui's since we only saw her head and no body. On a side note...Mitsuki would be truly psychotic if she was pissed and started this whole game because he brushed her off about her birthday? :s Also, i am convinced her dad or someone else is in on it too and this is planned - there's no way she could come up with this elaborate thing on a whim.
[hr]
new chapter is out... some more explanation on her motives. But her "way" of saving him is absurd - make him look like the wolf so he can get mobbed by others while she kill the rest? Also, wonder what the other lie is..

Sherlock Holmes
September 19, 2008, 03:59 PM

....I'm kinda sad that was true. Hell if he is the real killer...Then I'm really pissed off. It will have turned out to be a really,really disappointing ending.

EL_manana
September 19, 2008, 07:01 PM
WTH!?!?!?! We have never even seen him!!! Bad, this chapter is so disappointing. Mitsuki being a killer is an awesome thing, but... I think this manga lacks some proper background of the characters. They just appear all in a couple of pages- a bunch of unknown people- and then we already have to worry about them even though we know NOTHING at all and perhaps it is just me, but I didn't feel anything after finding out that they are all lires, murderers, prostitutes... I can't feel the depth of Mitsuki and Yuu 's bond, cause all we get is a couple of pages where they are shown as children and yes, it was sweet, but except it they look like totally strange people to each other. especially in the beginning... Well, I understand, this is the sort of manga that should constantly keep the reader in tension and avoid pages that won't make the readers feel creepy all over, but I don't like it when we get everything from the words of one of the characters without good flashbacks or signs... We are childhood friends... her past is that... his past is this... oh, she felt so pleased inside back then... All words words words. And then Mitsuki will just randomly say smth like "I have a childhood trauma and my dad is a crazy maniac who sells organs and I am mad too. " and we will simply belive in it and don't need any visual explanation. "Yuu, remember, you called me on a date back then and didn't come. I' ll kill you." she says with a smile and that's all we need to understand her.
Well, I guess it's really hard to understand my point here. My English is still not good enough.
By the way, I like this manga so much! And the page 20-21 in this chapter
was so awesome!!!!!

eni
September 19, 2008, 07:34 PM
It's been 24hours, so we can leave the spoiler tags aside for ch15.

Actually, I don't find it too abstract that Mitsuki's father is involved. Remember the first chapter, Mitsuki and Yuu met because she was shopping with "Papa". She passed on a test so "Papa" wanted to buy her whatever she liked. And she also seemed like quite the Daddy's Girl seeing how she, as a policemans daughter, reacted on the underage smoking. I also remember that I found it weird that the translation said "I'm shopping" and not "I'm about to go shopping" which would indicate that she waited on her father but instead it sounded as if she was already doing it. But where was her father? Mitsuki just left with the others for Karaoke but I can't remember that she ever called him to stall the shopping (plans).

Personally I find this development more existing than having Mitsuki alone or one of the other kids as the culprint. It's still hard to believe that a teenager could built up the whole thing (the place, the game, the background researchs). The situation looks completely different with an adult, and a cop to boot, in the background.

I mean, how could Mitsuki be related to the others to such an extend that she wants to kill them off? It sounds more understandable to me that her father was the police officer in charge of all their cases but couldn't touch them (covered up by higher ups, blackmail, ect) and therefor developed a psychotic grudge against them. I'm very interested to see how Yuu is involved in this. Yuu forgot something important about "tomorrow" in the first chapter, which gave Mitsuki a sad look on the face (her birthday or some memorial date, I assume), maybe that was a hint as well. What kind of date could it be other than a birthday? Maybe the day her mother died? Seeing that Mitsuki and her Dad aren't right in their minds anymore, there must be trigger for both of them to act this way. And maybe Yuu would be (accidently) involved in this? Ah, I love weird theories at 3am ... *goes to bed* >.>

freezen
January 28, 2009, 07:15 AM

you know what, you are really right. (is doubt turning out a bit too predictable?)

Sherlock Holmes
February 27, 2009, 03:50 PM
WORST. ENDING. EVER.

Raijatsu
February 27, 2009, 03:57 PM
Exactly, it was so chliché "teeny horror-slasher", it could have been awesome even after rei was shown as the true wolf but no he had to choose this ending <-<
I'm not talking it should have ended "good" the bad ending was expected but well, it should have ended sooner or maybe it should get some additional pages to explain a bit more.

I'm truely dissapointed. An excellent series ruined by it's ending

ttxdragon
February 27, 2009, 03:57 PM
How about explaining why you think that?

I might not have liked that they made it out of that building, but I really liked the last 2-3 pages ._. Rei living and still being evil is great (I mean, in as "the wolf living"), imho. It gives this manga more personality and identity than all those happy-end turn-around-sissy stories >.> It's rare to find an ending like this, I'm glad it's like this.

Though I would've liked the series to end at the hang-him part already, just so we don't get any explanation or anything >.> It'd have certainly become on of the best-ended manga if it would've just done that >.>;

Sherlock Holmes
February 28, 2009, 12:51 AM
For me, there are three kinds of ending.

Good endings
Bad endings
And "BAH! IT ENDED! COULDN'T YOU TELL? NEITHER DID I!"

I wouldn't mind everyone dying. I do, however, mind the way it ended. It was just...so...sudden. I was like "What? that's it?"

And I also hated the fact that they made hypnotism able to do anything.
HYPNOTISM DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

And Rei seemed to be the villain for the sake of it.
They never explained how Rei faked her body being there(did they?)

It was just..lacking.

EL_manana
March 04, 2009, 03:04 PM
Well, the one thing I really liked was that Mitsuki wasn't proved innocent. She was the most annoying character in this manga from my point of view. And I liked that everyone died. But the whole hypnotism and Rei being a wolf was a bit too expected. Though, I must say, the author made a good twist leading us the wrong way by representing Mitsuki as a murderer. Well, in the end I must say this manga was very enjoyable, though I remember a very similar American film with pretty much the same plot. Well, a good read indeed.

p1xel
December 03, 2010, 05:02 PM
Nice manga.Too short.Not too good ending.Though i liked it.

shaheer
December 04, 2010, 12:11 AM
well i like the medic guy... hoped that he lived and ended the doubt...but i guess the whole hypnotism plan was too thought out.... its a good thing that the manga ended though if it would have continued then it would have been too shallow ...i mean there wasnt much to take this few more chaps...it was a good decision ofthe author to end it then and there...has been quite a while since i ve read Doubt so dun remember the names ... so cant really credit any liked character much

Sherlock Holmes
December 04, 2010, 12:34 PM
The ending was awful because THAT.IS.NOT.HOW.HYPNOTISM.WORKS. and it broke all suspension of disbelief I had.

It was quite nice up to that point though.