PDA

View Full Version : One Piece manga vs. One Piece anime

Superman
April 02, 2008, 10:23 AM
Surprisingly that nobody post this thread in the One Piece area ;)

Well lets start.
I like the anime because the fights are more hmmm how should i say stunning and the emotion is very good, the seiyuus do a great job and it is just great, at least to me.:p For example Robin. After she was shown as a kid and what she was been through and i got goose skin when she screamed that she wanna "live" and how she cried with her mother holy moly that was emotional
or where namis mom got killed.

Now something different:
I didn`t liked Thriller Bark in the manga so much, dont get me wrong the fight were nice like always, but now in the anime the rest is very interesting too because of the colors and other thinks like the voices of course.

So have fun.

Captaaain_Usop
April 02, 2008, 11:36 AM
i really love them both..i read the mange 5 times and then watch its anime episode too..to me its better to read the manga first to know whats gona happen and then watch the episode..this way you get to compare between ur imagenation and the anime :) i still prefare the manga though..coz there are more details and the drawings are more original..also it does not have fillers and gets strait to the point :p

Superman
April 02, 2008, 11:46 AM
also it does not have fillers and gets strait to the point :p

your right this is a really good part about the manga

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 02, 2008, 02:48 PM
I like the manga the most but the anime is great as well.
The soundtrack is great, the seiyuus do a awesome job and it is of course in color ^^

The scene of the Arlong Arc, when Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Usopp are walking to the Arlong Park ... just epic, the whole arc was a lot better than in the manga though it is already awesome there!

kkck
April 03, 2008, 10:25 PM
also it does not have fillers and gets strait to the point :p

Exactly!!!!!!!!! >Fillers are EVIL. lol

Fenrir
April 04, 2008, 03:23 AM
Exactly!!!!!!!!! >Fillers are EVIL. lol

D: but fillers gave us this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbUfTqHq2c&feature=related

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the manga more than the anime, but I have to admit, the fillers DO have their moments.

Akainu
April 04, 2008, 09:39 AM
I too think the manga is better. no "specials" and so on.

BUT: thank you Fenrir for that great scene, that was really funny ^^

Superman
April 04, 2008, 03:30 PM
The soundtrack is great, the seiyuus do a awesome job and it is of course in color ^^

:p:D
[hr]

and it is of course in color ^^

:p:D

Please, try to put more content then just smilies in your posts.

Wale
April 04, 2008, 05:15 PM
Well i like both of them.. but the manga is a way better. :)

Oblivion
April 04, 2008, 05:41 PM
i HATE the anime, maybe its just the german version, but the anime really really suck, from the dubbing to the whole directing, it just plain suck balls....

the manga rulz it anyway

kkck
April 04, 2008, 05:42 PM
Lol that was very funny lol, i laught a lot... Stil i dont like fillers though.

Akainu
April 04, 2008, 06:06 PM
i HATE the anime, maybe its just the german version, but the anime really really suck, from the dubbing to the whole directing, it just plain suck balls....

your right, the german version sucks. the latest episodes aired were dubbed totally bad - just like naruto was all the time as if they werent allowed to use the words death and war xD

Oblivion
April 06, 2008, 01:59 PM
oh just dont remind me of the german naruto version....i still dont get why they had to make a new naruto intro if there already were first class intros....

and why the hell do they pause like 2 min in between sentences

Superman
April 06, 2008, 05:13 PM

the manga rulz it anyway

Hahahahaha thats good

your right, the german version sucks. the latest episodes aired were dubbed totally bad - just like naruto was all the time as if they werent allowed to use the words death and war xD

oh just dont remind me of the german naruto version....i still dont get why they had to make a new naruto intro if there already were first class intros....

and why the hell do they pause like 2 min in between sentences

God please not in this thread man its so worse:p:D i would fire the german synchros if i would have a own studio.
At least they wouldn`t get no money with such a worse job:p:D

Dont wanna start with german naruto holy moly synchro and cut just suck:XD

I meant the japanese anime in the poll:XD

Oblivion
April 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
thx to the bad synchro in germany anime really have a bad rep here.

one cant watch 2 min without thinking: OMG THIS SUCKS!

Helltroll
April 14, 2008, 02:04 PM
one cant watch 2 min without thinking: OMG THIS SUCKS!

You sure are restant. The whole dubbing is really bad (they cancel all words that indicate that someone could die or is perverted...and replace them with words like vanish) and there are some terrible editings. However the first episodes weren't cut and they are really good for a dub.

Silhouette
April 14, 2008, 08:53 PM
I will have to go with the manga

I think the animation was great. However, it got ridiculously dragged out after Luffy fight with Blueno where you have many whole episodes with characters running around and barely anything happening. The most recent example was when it took Nami, Ussop and Chopper more than three episodes to runaway from Perona's garden after the dog-penguin zombie saved them.

Wale
April 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
The most recent example was when it took Nami, Ussop and Chopper more than three episodes to runaway from Perona's garden after the dog-penguin zombie saved them.

Yeah, that was really boring.. but there were some parts, where i laughed in the last episode's.. :)

Organizized
April 22, 2008, 05:29 AM
Thriller Bark in the anime hasn't impressed me at all. It's got no pace like it had in the manga, and Moria's and Hogbacks' voices are pretty much the worst yet.

I do admit, at many parts the anime has really touched me and made my jaw drop, not to mention laugh my ass off, but not nearly as many times as the manga.

The best things about the anime are still the seiyuu and We Are! :D

Razh
April 22, 2008, 05:48 AM
Thriller Bark in the anime hasn't impressed me at all. It's got no pace like it had in the manga, and Moria's and Hogbacks' voices are pretty much the worst yet.

What are you talking about? Their voices, not to mention laughs are the best. So hillarious. It doesn't matter that Hogback laughs like a chicken. And of course you would expect from a huge dude to have a deep voice, but not Moria, and his laughter reminded me of a bat. Awesome.:amuse

Organizized
April 22, 2008, 06:05 AM
Really? Might just be me then. I'm not saying they're doing a bad job, just that they're not even close to what I'd imagined.

Thriller Bark has alot of quirky voices, though, so I guess it makes sense that Moria, as the boss, has the weirdest one.

Anyarel
April 22, 2008, 06:33 AM
I like both of them but I prefer the manga.
But I haven't finished to watch all the episodes yet because I started with the manga. ^^

lordHokage
April 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
I like both of them. Although the manga is foundation but I voted for the anime because the One Piece story is well explain. :blink

Saintz0r
April 22, 2008, 07:29 PM
Manga :]
Though the anime is very good if you skip the fillers :P

weixiaobao
April 22, 2008, 10:01 PM
well, the thing that i like about the anime is color and the voice-actors.. but sometimes some characters' voices are weird than it pretty much ruining the whole things for me..

I go with the manga 100%

Razh
April 23, 2008, 05:33 PM
I go with the anime. Manga is great. But manga doesn't have animations, colours, sounds and soundtrack (an awesome one at that). All these things that manga doesn't have, create a wonderfull atmosphere.
I tell you, I can't wait to hear Brook and his crewmates playing their last song :crying

And maybe it would be different if OP manga was actually coming out here, but when it comes to PC monitor, I'll always choose animation over static images and slow page skipping.

igotthegoods
April 23, 2008, 06:11 PM
i choose manga over anime in most cases, and one piece is no exception. in the anime, the action is good and the seiyuus are very well-cast (i particularly like brooke's voice as far as the newer ones go). i know it's weird but the emotions just come off better for me in the manga (especially the humor) even though the seiyuus are excellent.