PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Series

bebong
January 15, 2006, 01:09 AM
Anybody read Gundam mangas??? Like Gundam Wing, G, Seed, etc. I read it..Anyone else???

Adding Premise by Icecoldsoul18 - Gold Knight

Basically the idea of Gundam is the idea of giant robots beating the crap out of each other. They're basically supposed to be future military technology and is the story of war using these robots. There are several different animes for gundam such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 08 (i think that was the number) and there might be a few more i'm not remembering. In some of them the gundams battle as far out as in outer space. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed are two of the more popular gundam series, both of which involve humans living out in outer space in what is known as colonies. In both series there is eventually war between the colonies and the Earth as they battle over something. If you like mech anime, then you'll probably like the gundam series. (Note: while there are different animes for gundam, none of them really have any connection to each other. With the exception of Gundam Seed Destiny which is the continuation of Gundam Seed.)

Manji Yoshimitsu
January 15, 2006, 03:42 AM
Were there any then :P. I liked the Anime (Seed, Seed Destiny, Zeta)

Zenith
January 15, 2006, 03:58 AM
I didnt know the gundam series is considered to be seinen O.o"

icecoldsoul18
January 15, 2006, 07:38 AM
i've seen the anime for gundam wing, some of g gundam, and i own gundam seed. seed is actually my favorite anime. i also own some of that manga.

Leen
January 15, 2006, 07:40 AM
I didnt know the gundam series is considered to be seinen O.o"

Same here. I am surprised to see Gundam here myself even though I dont watch/read it.

NarutoXHinata
January 15, 2006, 12:46 PM
seen most of the gundam series i would say gundam seed and victory gundam are my fav
thought gundams are mostly shounen

nine
January 16, 2006, 03:10 AM
i don't read the manga but i do watch the anime..gundam seed destiny..so far until episode 32..
what i don't understand is
Rey is a spy?..is he an extended too? and is he son of that Neo guy or the chairman..?

Gold Knight
January 16, 2006, 06:35 AM
What is Gundam about? Will somebody give me a premise, please?

Iwanin
January 16, 2006, 04:26 PM
Well, basically boy jumps into Giant Robot, fights ensue, etc. Something about human colonies rebelling from Earth. There's a whole intricate timeline and stuff, but exactly *how* it clasifies as "seinen", me know not.

Most likely, this thread was started in this particular forum by mistake. I suggest it be moved. Pronto. A la voz de ya. (<- actual Spanish in use by actual native Spanish speaker alert.)

In a few hours I should be able to post my translation for chapter 1 of Mizushou so we can all bask in the knowledge of what constitutes "adult-oriented manga". With seishun. Right, Taylor? ;)

njt
January 16, 2006, 04:33 PM
right :). moves to different area :)

Gold Knight
January 16, 2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks, Iwanin. :amuse

Okay, returning back to topic. Carry on, Gundam fans, if any of you're out there.

icecoldsoul18
January 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
What is Gundam about?  Will somebody give me a premise, please?

Basically the idea of Gundam is the idea of giant robots beating the crap out of each other. They're basically supposed to be future military technology and is the story of war using these robots. There are several different animes for gundam such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 08 (i think that was the number) and there might be a few more i'm not remembering. In some of them the gundams battle as far out as in outer space. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed are two of the more popular gundam series, both of which involve humans living out in outer space in what is known as colonies. In both series there is eventually war between the colonies and the Earth as they battle over something. If you like mech anime, then you'll probably like the gundam series. (Note: while there are different animes for gundam, none of them really have any connection to each other. With the exception of Gundam Seed Destiny which is the continuation of Gundam Seed.)

Gold Knight
January 19, 2006, 03:37 AM
Oh, I think I know the robots you're talking about. Reminded me a little of Transformers. :amuse

Thanks, Ice.

And I've just added your premise to the first post. :thumbs

UzumakiRoman
March 04, 2006, 12:35 PM
I'm a BIG fan of gundam i've seen almost every incarnation of it. each series has it's own special charm!! and watching them in the correct order helps because each universe has alot of history!! Uhh.. i don't know what seinen means but, it sounds like it's giving props to Gundam!!!! Gundam is one of the great animes!!

p.s. Always remember to watch animes with original Japanese voices and subtitles(english voice-overs are ghey), except for Gundam Wing english voice-overs that was more than tolerable!!

NagaKarat
March 19, 2006, 02:42 PM
There are some good gundam manga out there, but does anyone have crossbone gundam. It's the continuition from the Gundam f-91 movie.

Bibichan
March 19, 2006, 07:17 PM
I have watched every episode and own all the manga books of Gundam Wing, haven't read any other Gundam series though.

I'm not usually into mecha anime /manga, but I really do like Gundam Wing, because it has such a complex story line with basically a whole new history. What I also like ist the fact that the series doesn't follow the black and white mentality, rather are the (main) characters grey. The only main character I consider to be clearly "white" would be Releena.

Somehow I feel outnumbered by you guys; I'm the only girl. Any other female Gundam watchers around?

Tamerlane
March 20, 2006, 08:27 PM
Somehow I feel outnumbered by you guys; I'm the only girl. Any other female Gundam watchers around?

::waves her hand:: I am!

Actually I have watched all the Gundam Wing AC, Gundam 8th MS Team and most recently Gundam Seed and Destiny series. I think that the Gundam series are a lot more than 'some guy piloting a mech'. In fact the one reason I tend to like the series is the story lines are very complex and so are the characters and how they interact. Also although one of the main ongoing themes in each series is centered around a war it not only makes for some great action sequences but also delves into the emotional after effects. I know that in Seed the main character Kira is constantly torn between having to fight and his more peaceful nature.

I would actually recomend the series to anyone who does not mind a 50 or more episode arc. I am sure that you might be surprised to find how likable some of the characters can be.

:amuse

fluke32
February 14, 2007, 09:02 PM
::waves her hand:: I am!

Actually I have watched all the Gundam Wing AC, Gundam 8th MS Team and most recently Gundam Seed and Destiny series. I think that the Gundam series are a lot more than 'some guy piloting a mech'. In fact the one reason I tend to like the series is the story lines are very complex and so are the characters and how they interact. Also although one of the main ongoing themes in each series is centered around a war it not only makes for some great action sequences but also delves into the emotional after effects. I know that in Seed the main character Kira is constantly torn between having to fight and his more peaceful nature.

I would actually recomend the series to anyone who does not mind a 50 or more episode arc. I am sure that you might be surprised to find how likable some of the characters can be.

:amuse
I was recently able to purchase DVD versions of "Mobile Suit Gundam", "Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam", "Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta" and the movie "Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack" which were the 3 earliest productions of the Gundam Stories, and was considered the best story plot ever created for a Mecha Series. (i.e. Daimos, Voltes 5, Combattler V & Mazinger Z) AAAAAaaannnddd The Series Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny that most of you here is so fond about is a reincarnation on the Best Sellers Zeta and Double Zeta (but sadly a poor rendition though as the character development in Seed Destiny regressed in comparison to Double Zeta.:() I suggest you guys try getting copies of these ancient series... It might show you guys an idea why gundams are quite legendary in the History of Anime.

aznboiray
March 21, 2007, 04:13 PM
i watched all the anime a lot of people dislike it i dont' kno why i think its an awsome anime and manga

riekie
June 05, 2007, 12:47 PM
I recently watched Gundam Seed Destiny and now I am looking for the Manga *I know, I know..read first watch later* But does one know where I can find the 'downloadable' version of this series?

s206
June 06, 2007, 04:35 AM
does anyone know if theres going to be another new gundam anime series thats going to come out?

nonomous999
August 15, 2007, 02:59 PM
is there a guide to the different gundam incarnations?

logalog99
August 17, 2007, 01:02 PM
www.mahq.net, pretty much is a guide to every single popular mecha anime out there.

Kiggz
August 21, 2007, 01:35 AM
Hey I am a new member I love this site I think it is a very good site. I do not know much about manga but I really look forward to reading and talking on the forums and starting to enjoy new manga.

I love gundam series I wanted to get some Gundam Manga is there any for downlaod on the forums or any other sites ? I am looking for Gundam Wing in perticular. Now I am a new member I dont know much about Gundam Manga or anything about these forums yet.

Is there any good Mecha Manga threads/sites and gundam manga site I could downlaod from ect ? If you have any info it would be a big help thanks.

zindryr
August 21, 2007, 04:31 AM
There is a Gundam thread here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286

If you want to know more specifically about scanlations, please make a post in the Scanlation Inquiries section here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=449

Kiggz
August 21, 2007, 11:11 PM
Hey I am looking for Gundam Manga is there any on the site for downlaod or does anyone know where I could get any of them ? I am looking for Gundam Wing the most out of all the gundam series.

<3Matsumoto<3
September 12, 2007, 04:00 AM
I have Watched Gundam Wing, SEED and Destiny and ofc the OVAs and other stuff that followed, and i am currently looking for the manga: Gundam SEED Destiny: The Edge and any other GSA and GSDA manga, so if you know a place were i can download it please give:)

bigtymer32
October 04, 2007, 12:55 AM
where can i find the gundam wing manga at its my fav from the gundam series :)

FinalFan
November 07, 2007, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know of a website that I could find the third volume of Gundam Seed astray? I've tried google to find it but I keep only finding vol 1 or 2 or both but not three can someone point me in the right direction?

nathrezim
December 31, 2007, 06:50 AM
im looking for the website though.it seems that its very hard to be found.

<3Matsumoto<3
February 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
im bumping this thread for great justice!

Got most GS manga in paperback now, only one i dont have Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 DELTA ASTRAY, anyone know were i can download this?

kaloo
February 27, 2008, 06:08 PM
Read First, Watch Later, doesn't really apply to this, since it was an Anime first... but more importantly, somebody said that none of the series related to each over besides Seed, and Destiny, and that's totally wrong.

The majority of the series are in the UC timeline. The ones I recall the titles of in the main TimeLine are Origiinal, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, F91, 08th MS Team, 0080, 0083. I'm sure I forgot some, but my memory is not... awesome, so you know, whatever.

Red Comet
March 25, 2008, 12:51 AM
Love gundam, it's my fav. manga/anime serie. Only one I don't like Is wing cuz it's just a rehash of the original storyline with shallower characters and the main focus is on the five gundams while everyone else's suits but zechs suck and look like crap. Fav would have to be Zeta gundam cuz it's Char's shining moment when he proves what a competent leader he is and gotta love all the hyaku shiki and zeta gundam action, especially with their giant cannons.

I was recently able to purchase DVD versions of "Mobile Suit Gundam", "Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam", "Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta" and the movie "Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack" which were the 3 earliest productions of the Gundam Stories, and was considered the best story plot ever created for a Mecha Series. (i.e. Daimos, Voltes 5, Combattler V & Mazinger Z) AAAAAaaannnddd The Series Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny that most of you here is so fond about is a reincarnation on the Best Sellers Zeta and Double Zeta (but sadly a poor rendition though as the character development in Seed Destiny regressed in comparison to Double Zeta.:() I suggest you guys try getting copies of these ancient series... It might show you guys an idea why gundams are quite legendary in the History of Anime.

I agree the originals are the best ones, it's a shame CN or some other station won't bring them over, CN don't even play them anymore.. :(

Hey I am looking for Gundam Manga is there any on the site for downlaod or does anyone know where I could get any of them ? I am looking for Gundam Wing the most out of all the gundam series.

Yeah I've been looking for Gundam Manga too. I really wanna find scanlated versions of Tomino's original story of the first one where amuro dies when the federal forces invade zeon territory rushing headlong into Ghiren Zabi with the Gundam.

Koen
March 25, 2008, 10:26 AM
I bought myself gundam the origin and plan to buy gundam ecole du ciel

Kyuzo
March 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah I've been looking for Gundam Manga too. I really wanna find scanlated versions of Tomino's original story of the first one where amuro dies when the federal forces invade zeon territory rushing headlong into Ghiren Zabi with the Gundam.

Originally Amuro dies!? Wow. Does that mean he doesn't get to face off with Char?

I agree the originals are the best ones, it's a shame CN or some other station won't bring them over, CN don't even play them anymore.. :(

I watched all of UC in subs, and I guess I would agree there's no reason not to bring them all over. But I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the only one they didn't bring over was ZZ, and that is probably the worst Gundam series imo, and not worth the time/money of importing.