PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Monster Hunter Orage by Hiro Mashima

KaNx
April 07, 2008, 03:55 AM
Here's a new manga from Monthly Shonen Rival, Monster Hunter Orage, based on Capcom's Monster Hunter game. The author of this series is Hiro Mashima (真島 ヒロ), the mangaka of Fairy Tail and RAVE.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3403/47183864fr8.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/2237/mho0114lp6.th.jpg (http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mho0114lp6.jpg) http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3034/mho0122gu7.th.jpg (http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mho0122gu7.jpg) http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3162/mho0154cj7.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mho0154cj7.jpg) http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/915/mho0158zt4.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mho0158zt4.jpg) http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8139/mho0160gf5.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mho0160gf5.jpg) http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6365/mho0164nk6.th.jpg (http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mho0164nk6.jpg)

Go ahead and discuss this new series here :)

Koen
April 07, 2008, 06:19 AM
Since I am on a slow comp, I'll look into the raw later on but I certainly love hiros art

I hope the story, manga will be good and if so it'll be scanlated

LegACy
April 07, 2008, 07:18 AM
Is it officially based on Monster Hunter? I mean, like, Hiro Mashima asked for a permission from Capcom and capcom agreed?

Anyway, haha, the hero looks just like Musica from RAVE (with a bigger spike), although I'm glad that the heroine is kinda original (even tho her face is pretty familiar). Looks like no mangaka can escape from his character style, eh?

Downloading now, lemme see how is it (but it's 75 pages... don't think I have the time to scanlate this)

ryusuke_
April 07, 2008, 07:58 AM
Looks awesome, even if the main character is just Luffy with another name. A good mix of adventure, fight and comedy. I'll be following this series for sure :P

Koen
April 07, 2008, 08:09 AM
Looks awesome, even if the main character is just Luffy with another name. A good mix of adventure, fight and comedy. I'll be following this series for sure :P

Well luffy x natsu would be more suitable no?

Turtle Pirate
April 07, 2008, 08:41 AM
*waits for it to appear on onemanga...*

milverave
April 07, 2008, 09:50 AM
We at Dragon Guard are gonna scanlate this

Schabrak
April 07, 2008, 03:15 PM
Have fun doing so and let us enjoy it later on!:D really ^^

ryusuke_
April 07, 2008, 03:26 PM
SoSexyScans and Binktopia are working on this too (separately).

Niralina
April 07, 2008, 03:34 PM
Well... let's see who's faster ^^

I'm lookin forward to this manga espacially coz i love hiro's work/art ^^

I don't find that the main character (do we have a name already? oO) looks like luffy/ruffy it's just the art that makes it simular :amuse

ryusuke_
April 07, 2008, 04:16 PM
Just look at the page where he eats that meat after beating down a monster.

Schabrak
April 07, 2008, 05:01 PM
It's the "typical" way action/adventure heroes eat meat in a comedien way, when they eat monster meat. XD The same could be said about DragonBall, so there is no way to call it same as Luffy. And when so then all was stolen from Toriyama.

Niralina
April 08, 2008, 12:52 AM
Homer Simpson eats meat the same way XD

ryusuke_
April 08, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hmm... true, you got a point there, Schabrak :). But I still see Luffy each time I see Shiki :P

Do you think Mashima feels a bit bad since everybody says some time or another "that artstyle looks like One Piece"? Or would they like it, being compared to such a great series?

Schabrak
April 09, 2008, 01:49 PM
As Oda was promoted as the successor of Toriyama and you see, they have made the Cross-Over, he got the success he deserves. But you have to remember. Both Oda and Mashima began to create One Piece and Rave Master in nearly the same time. So they should not be compared to each other.
Yeah there are some similarities, like the ever happy hero who are quite strong, but each one deserves his own tribute. And if it did happen that they are compared, no one would get harmed.

xi0
April 09, 2008, 02:15 PM
Hmm... true, you got a point there, Schabrak :). But I still see Luffy each time I see Shiki :P

Do you think Mashima feels a bit bad since everybody says some time or another "that artstyle looks like One Piece"? Or would they like it, being compared to such a great series?

I'd say it's probably both.

Anyways, I thought the series was mildly interesting. the whole Guild thing is a little too similar to Fairy Tail though, IMO.

Gadwin
April 09, 2008, 07:37 PM
The main character is kinda annoying with his cliched attitude but these series usually turn serious after a long devotion, im sticking with it - its given me new interest in the game

azure21
April 09, 2008, 08:05 PM
Got the Fairy Tail feeling too. But at least they or at least he won't be stuck on the guild. Guild aside, it feels more like Rave. So I guess its a cross between the two?

LegACy
April 10, 2008, 01:45 AM
Anyways, I thought the series was mildly interesting. the whole Guild thing is a little too similar to Fairy Tail though, IMO.
Probably the game has some sort of guilds too? (never played the game online before)

But with that kind of a journey, I must say it's more similar to RAVE, if only his sword could change ^^ BTW, I kinda didn't expect the twist there, who would have thought?

xi0
April 10, 2008, 03:37 AM
Probably the game has some sort of guilds too? (never played the game online before)

But with that kind of a journey, I must say it's more similar to RAVE, if only his sword could change ^^ BTW, I kinda didn't expect the twist there, who would have thought?

You mean Irie as his master's daughter?

I took notice of the girl at the funeral scene, but I honestly didn't put two and two together then.

milverave
April 10, 2008, 05:02 AM
I liked it (but we scanlated it so...)
I LOVED Rave more than anything, I don't understand why people dont like it, sure it has a rocky start but if you look at the latest scanlated chapters, the art certainly improves.

LegACy
April 10, 2008, 06:01 AM
I LOVED Rave more than anything, I don't understand why people dont like it, sure it has a rocky start but if you look at the latest scanlated chapters, the art certainly improves.
probably because the ending sucks??

You mean Irie as his master's daughter?

I took notice of the girl at the funeral scene, but I honestly didn't put two and two together then.
ayep, that's what I mean.

But honestly, I don't see any luffy in him, the hair is a lot different, etc.

lavy
April 10, 2008, 09:26 PM
the story is good actually,it just the artwork did not have significant improvement from his previous works and the character design is very similiar with his previous works as well

bigtymer32
April 11, 2008, 05:16 PM
the story is good. i never played the game and i never read rave .it does kinda have a fairy tail feel to it but its only the first chapter so once they get some character development it only get better so i'm gonna be a read of this series :)

Tarou
April 12, 2008, 07:39 AM
That first chapter sucked, everything was utterly predictable, like fairy tail :eyeroll and the art was pretty bad, same for character designs.

Koen
April 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
Okay, the things are fairy tail alike but IMO

the first chapter was way better than fairy tails first chapter. I enjoyed this a lot. Cliches? You always have them in manga, especially shounen, but admit it: try to be original nowadays? Sorry but even real life is full of cliches.

The first chapter: 7/10 - I'll certainly look forward to more

Tarou
April 12, 2008, 11:22 AM
Cliches? especially shounen

This is true, and to be honest about the only 'shounen' I read is FMA.So yeah i think i might be too harsh on shounen, but i just happen to read this one the other day as it was new(figured maybe it would be something fresh like fma) anyways don't take my words to heart, and try this manga for yourself if you're into shonen.

barbapapa
April 12, 2008, 07:21 PM
I like Fairy Tail and all but, manga adaption of a videogame?
No chance in hell you'll catch me reading one.

shrimpy
April 12, 2008, 09:12 PM
Although it carries the name, this comic is completely different from the game.
Mainly, because the game has no story. You're just a nameless fighter who works up to "monster hunter" rank (that was the max, i haven't made my way through dos yet).

Although the weapons and monsters are the same, the comic is already showing signs of a very different direction. If I remember right, there are no wind element weapons, and that light dragon sure as heck doesn't exist.

TheGenius
April 13, 2008, 12:38 AM
It's stickied already? Woah, xi0 is it worth picking up?

Succubus
April 13, 2008, 01:04 AM
not bad.. I have a feel.. it's going to short.. like monster soul

asch
April 13, 2008, 05:10 AM
Was awesome,it's really similar to fairy tail and that's why I like it.
Hiro ftw!

xi0
April 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
It's stickied already? Woah, xi0 is it worth picking up?

That depends on whether you like Mashima or not honestly. It's only one chapter so far, but it's pretty typical shounen stuff. It's an okay read I suppose.

asch
April 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah you MUST read if you like adventure/shonen/funny manga's and of course Hiro-sensei!
Well I can't wait for the next chapter(damn next month) i hope that it won't be short like monster soul.

TheGenius
April 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
That depends on whether you like Mashima or not honestly. It's only one chapter so far, but it's pretty typical shounen stuff. It's an okay read I suppose.

Yeah you MUST read if you like adventure/shonen/funny manga's and of course Hiro-sensei!
Well I can't wait for the next chapter(damn next month) i hope that it won't be short like monster soul.

I'll give it a shot, but I'm usually not to hot on Shonen, except for HxH, which is my 2nd favorite manga.

Schabrak
April 13, 2008, 06:46 PM
not bad.. I have a feel.. it's going to short.. like monster soul
But as he only will release one chapter a month we can at least anticipate one to two manga till the hero(...) has fought against that pheonix like dragon.
But making the hero as strong in the beginning as he is right now, yes, it allows him to end it all quite quickly. Or a way to fight against the strong beasts/enemies from the start. He even took the time to create a rival/enemy, so why end it so fast?

asch
April 14, 2008, 02:30 AM
I'll give it a shot, but I'm usually not to hot on Shonen, except for HxH, which is my 2nd favorite manga.

:eyeroll,looking for your report.

Jinoh
May 04, 2008, 12:12 PM
Chapter 2 spoiler by our private raw provider (dunno if this is allowed here)

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8409/image0001co0.png

and another one i got from damnz, dunno where he got it....

http://damnz.animeblogger.net/wp-content/images/manga/rival-2008-02.jpg

Koen
May 04, 2008, 04:59 PM
hmm really can't wait for next chapter to come out

the first chapter and the monster theme is really something I like a lot

barbapapa
May 07, 2008, 02:59 PM
I read it, since Binktopia released it.

For a videogame manga it's actually not completely awful.
Hiro Mashima's usual likeable traits are very present. But it really is a heckuva lot like Fairy Tail, isn't it?

Koen
May 07, 2008, 03:04 PM
I read it, since Binktopia released it.

For a videogame manga it's actually not completely awful.
Hiro Mashima's usual likeable traits are very present. But it really is a heckuva lot like Fairy Tail, isn't it?

I certainly agree: this is like fairy tail goes monsters (after a ongoing mage manga)

but somehow I like monster themes a bit more than the mage theme of fairy tail. But yeah only 1 chapter came out and we can't yet know if this will be a complete or partial copycat

Misury
May 07, 2008, 05:30 PM
I like the drawings a lot, I have never been a fan of Fairy Tale or anything else of Mashima Hiro, but I love his style! Really! And it was so much fun to read!
Somehow it reminded me of Naruto, with all these bond-things and deaths, and the Wind-Element whatsoever, but nevertheless both are still unique.

The monster's thing didn't convince me at all. Kinda boring, if you're fighting monsters of different levels, and there are even rules.. blah. However.. I guess I'll go on reading it for a while.

DarkOblivion
May 07, 2008, 06:41 PM
I've recently started playing MHFreedom2 a few weeks ago, so the timing of this couldn't be better. But Dual Swords? They suck...

Has Mashima finished with Fairy Tail? Because if not then I imagine 2 mangas to draw every week/every couple of weeks must be exhausting.

Boz
May 08, 2008, 01:53 AM
Reminds me of a cracky mix of a D&D-esque MMO and One Piece. The art's not excellent, but it gets the job done. There's a kind of fresh honesty to the storytelling style I really like (I know, I know, it's shounen), but it'll be in danger of turning tedious unless the character interaction really stands out.

CupofDice
May 08, 2008, 10:21 AM
Has Mashima finished with Fairy Tail? Because if not then I imagine 2 mangas to draw every week/every couple of weeks must be exhausting.

Oh Great use to write Air Gear, and Tenjho Tenge weekly (at least I think both were weekly back then), though now Tenge is monthly (at least I am pretty sure it's monthly):D, and it didn't hurt neither of his convoluted (but awesome) stories. As long as it doesn't hurt Fairy Tail's story, and it doesn't seem like it will since MHO is more simple, then Mashima can handle it.

shrimpy
May 08, 2008, 11:18 AM
dual swords don't suck! mega juice + DS charge attack = pwn'd
especially if you use dragon elm swords on the raths!

mrpagercao
May 18, 2008, 01:43 AM
I've recently started playing MHFreedom2 a few weeks ago, so the timing of this couldn't be better. But Dual Swords? They suck...

search up japans supposed strongest samurai in its history...look at what he wields...yes two handed style...

oh and that is just the life of a mangaka for you

Koen
June 07, 2008, 09:26 AM
Just looked into the third chapter and damned I love this a lot. It's prolly got to do with the weapon/character design + the monster setting. These first three chapters give me a better feeling thatn fairy tail but as I said it's because of the monsters

sadly this isn't weekly, but then again a long chapter/month is enjoyable too. I hope this will continue for a while

ahoyazi
June 08, 2008, 01:39 AM
The Raw of Chapter 3 from Ritual

http://www.megaupload.com/cn/?d=9AP4EM6W

mirror

http://www.fs2you.com/files/b3f9ebd1-3525-11dd-965a-00142218fc6e/

predsfan
June 08, 2008, 10:49 PM
Well chapter three was great. Lots of action, comedy, a little fan service, a new teammate, and a new villain with an unknown grudge against Shiki (what it is I have no idea). Upcoming chapters should be great though. My only problem is I don't like Shiki's new weapon design as much as the first one, it's still cool though.

One major disappointment though, is apparently there won't be a chapter next month :scry, or is Rival not a monthly magazine? Either way if I understand correctly no new Monster Hunter until August.

Koen
June 10, 2008, 07:52 AM
One major disappointment though, is apparently there won't be a chapter next month :scry, or is Rival not a monthly magazine? Either way if I understand correctly no new Monster Hunter until August.

Are you sure, because translation says: "TO BE CONTINUED IN AUGUST ISSUE (7/4 (fri) ON SALE)!!"

So that gives us two possibilties:
1. The translator made a a mistake and it's to be sold in august which I highly doubt.
2. The translator didn't make a mistake and august issue is to be bought in july, which means there's no hiatus

edit: I checked and chapter 3 appeared in july issue :D so good news

Schabrak
June 10, 2008, 08:09 AM
Chapter 3 was good and had nice famservice, but it's enough with that flashbacks. I don't want another party member... And why does the enemy look exactly like the last villain in Fairy Tail. And the main heroes could look a little bit different from Fairy Tail... Mashima must have a fetisch for mini skirts and girls with perfect bodies.^^

hatsuharupeace
June 10, 2008, 08:12 AM
Lol, yeah, it's the 2nd possibility koenosaki, just to make sure. :p

Woo! Shiki's new weapon looks awesome, can't wait to see what kind of new powers it has. And Sakuya's weapon looks cool as well, as primitive as it looks.

The new guy looks interesting, I would think he is the main anatagonist of the series, unless the Prince is. But his whip weapon is pwnage. Absolute pwnage.

predsfan
June 10, 2008, 07:01 PM
Are you sure, because translation says: "TO BE CONTINUED IN AUGUST ISSUE (7/4 (fri) ON SALE)!!"

So that gives us two possibilties:
1. The translator made a a mistake and it's to be sold in august which I highly doubt.
2. The translator didn't make a mistake and august issue is to be bought in july, which means there's no hiatus

edit: I checked and chapter 3 appeared in july issue :D so good news

Ah, that makes sense. I completely forgot about the fact that magazines generally come the month before the supposed month they are. Phew, that's good news then.

bigtymer32
July 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
i love this series i never played the game but i love the drawing and the story is pretty cool.i wish it was weekly but having it monthly aint too bad since the chapters are extra long :)i hope it lasts for awhile

EL_manana
July 29, 2008, 12:56 PM
Wow. I am so glad I've found this thread. I didn't know that Hiro is creating another manga. I love his style pretty much. I just don't get bored from it at all. I've enjoyed half of Rave manga and am totally into Fairy Tail. All of his projects are quite the same and are kinda simple, but they are still fun. He is using a lot of cliche but they still turn out stylish and exciting in his mangas.
I've read 4 chapters today and was impressed that the story is developing so fast. There are already three members in the team, minor rival and mysterious evil person. Well, perhaps it's because MHO is a monthly series. Looks like Irie has more secrets. At least I hope so. I liked Elie character in Rave manga because of her past story- it was kinda shocking. I would like to see something great. That scientist-guy was fun- it's a pity he disappeared so soon. So that Prince will go take the entrance exams...i wonder if it will be shown to us. Like a chapter dedicated to him. Nice. I don't like him though. And it feels like he won't be a bad guy in the future.

Horsee
August 05, 2008, 02:36 AM
The first tankōbon came out. Anyone knows how many chapters are in this? I think 3, but I'm not sure.
Here the cover from amazon.co.jp:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i%2Bxos9O2L._SS500_.jpg

Koen
August 05, 2008, 09:44 AM
:o, the volume itself, the monster behind him looks so great if you ask me...

I really love this manga a lot and I hope there'll be many good chapters on their way :D

zelllogan
August 22, 2008, 09:33 AM
i read it, it's good. As good as many shounens. There are really a lot of choice. The main character is great (all that "master" yelling is funny). Now, I won't read that manga for 2 reasons:

- rave, fairy tail, ... always the same style and the author is not as his best in this manga.
- No originality

I really have a problem with that new generation of mangas ... Double arts is for me the only one apart from others. All others are very good but where is the originality ?

Schabrak
August 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
What kind of originiality do you want in a Monster Hunter Manga? He has his setting, in which he can do what he wants. It's definitly more exciting, than the real game(even if it's fun and good).^^ It's his kind of humor and style for his characters. What is there to change to be better? Flatchestet lolis?

Koen
September 08, 2008, 04:56 PM
Well even after 5 chapters I really continue to say I like this more than fairy tail atm. I also do like fairy tail a lot but the characters in monster hunter orage and the setting is something that makes me prefer this a little more. I really wonder if they'll be able to capture the monster and what Irie will do with her nakama issue

btw, the guy/girl characters was so :XD

Kazi
September 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
The last chapter was really just awesome ^^

i also get started to like mho more than fairy tail ... and Irie is way hotter than lucy :D

Y-on
September 25, 2008, 01:08 AM
I really like this series, Sakuya...*drools*. XD I actually like using the dual swords in Monster Hunter 2nd G. I'm glad an english patch came out for the game, I barely know any kanji. Dx

onno
October 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
this latest chapter is taking forever to be scanlated.
i'm diyng here.

PlayerKill
October 16, 2008, 06:10 PM
I've been waiting for the scanlation to be out and now my patience is running out...

onno
October 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
is there someone currently scanlating it, or did those who did dropped the project?

PlayerKill
October 19, 2008, 09:52 PM
seems like there are only us two who are looking forward to this...

onno
October 21, 2008, 07:45 AM
it's a shame, seems like a pretty good chapter.

brebaz
October 21, 2008, 08:17 AM
Seems like no one is interested enough to even give us a trans :(

PlayerKill
October 22, 2008, 04:38 PM
It's out!!! Finally!!!

onno
October 24, 2008, 12:18 PM
so, anyone knows something about chapter 8?

Koen
October 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
Guys, have patience... December issue will come out somwhere in november...

Anyway: I was kinda surprised shiki's master gave his seal away to his apprentince. I wonder what, how, why, who is behind this forbidden hunter status. Anyway It seem they are going to handle a strong monster. I look forward to it

onno
November 09, 2008, 08:33 PM
so...
no more MHO chapters until december?

Ju-da-su
November 10, 2008, 09:50 AM
so...
no more MHO chapters until december?

Nope, I'll upload the chapter tonight . . . so that should answer your question . . . >.>"
[hr]
Chapter 8 RTS up . . . btw, why do you think there will be no chapter this month?? I mean, it doesn't say anywhere that MHO is taking a break . . . -_-"

onno
November 11, 2008, 04:02 AM

cause i don't get that phrase right, i guess.

and cause it has been a while waiting for the next MHO chapter.
:p

traxez
November 14, 2008, 02:01 PM

Yup, monthly magazine issues are always like that...wonder why though. :darn

Anyway: I was kinda surprised shiki's master gave his seal away to his apprentince. I wonder what, how, why, who is behind this forbidden hunter status. Anyway It seem they are going to handle a strong monster. I look forward to it

It surprises me too! I thought Shiki's seal was a fake, then turns out...surprising, his Master's seal is the fake one :eek.

The reason why Shiki's Master gave him seal is revealed on the next chapter (I guess..judging from the raws, but we'll wait for the translation) -> is this considered a spoiler?

onno
November 15, 2008, 11:13 AM
if anyone here is wishing to translate it every week, i can do the cleaning and typesetting.
:D

pm me if you want to make MHO scans.

Schabrak
November 18, 2008, 06:25 PM
if anyone here is wishing to translate it every week, i can do the cleaning and typesetting.
:D

pm me if you want to make MHO scans.
You obviously mean every month.^^

As easy as it sounds, he could have seen the perfect hunter for that ancient dragon in Shiki. It's better to give freedom to a adventurous guy like him instead of leaving him behind rot in the city.

Shurou
November 18, 2008, 09:38 PM
With each passing chapter, it seems like Shiki's master is being made out to have been a hunter of great calibre, a very noble spirit, and more good qualities that make him a character with much depth... Maybe I'm just slow, but I'm starting to think that his death at a failed attempt to make some gunpowder is just not a very good reason for death at all... I smell foul play involved.

BTW, I'm new to this thread, so hello everyone =D

hyorinmaru
November 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
Vol 2 cover:

http://i36.tinypic.com/k2l0s3.gif

traxez
November 29, 2008, 07:43 PM
With each passing chapter, it seems like Shiki's master is being made out to have been a hunter of great calibre, a very noble spirit, and more good qualities that make him a character with much depth... Maybe I'm just slow, but I'm starting to think that his death at a failed attempt to make some gunpowder... I smell foul play involved.

BTW, I'm new to this thread, so hello everyone =D

I agree. Gurelli's death is kinda mysterious. Why? cuz it's just too sudden. Maybe the gunpowder thing is some excuse made by him and Kibarion. And it leads to another unknown motives...just maybe :p

New volume cover looks good. Thanks a lot.

wade69
November 29, 2008, 09:22 PM
Do we even have tanks for this manga? I was thinking of maybe scanlating it or something.

traxez
November 29, 2008, 11:49 PM
Do we even have tanks for this manga? I was thinking of maybe scanlating it or something.

Nope, maybe because it's not that popular in Japan (why is that?). I hope it will be scanned by some nice monster hunter lover guy.

If I found something, I'll post it here.

Koen
December 04, 2008, 04:51 AM
Volume 2 cover looks pretty nice

great to see some shiki/master background story (as we have read some of his companions some chapters ago). I really love this manga, the story is so great. Couldn't stop laughing how little shiki talked to that dragon :D

sylvira
December 05, 2008, 11:44 PM
Isn't this mangaka drawing four mangas at the same time right now? I remember reading that somewhere. But out of all of them, this one is definitely my favorite. :)

KaitoKief
December 06, 2008, 06:43 AM
Isn't this mangaka drawing four mangas at the same time right now? I remember reading that somewhere. But out of all of them, this one is definitely my favorite. :)

he is only drawing Fairy Tail and Monster Hunter Orage right now
Rave and Monster Soul completed he ages ago.

sylvira
December 09, 2008, 03:33 PM
.........:O huuuuuuuuh.

Then I guess this page (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/114/05/) was just translated wrong or something. -shrugs-

hasu13
December 10, 2008, 02:31 AM
He could be talking about manga one shots or even Fairy Tail specials. I'd be impressed if he could pull it off with the same level of artistic skill he's shown with MHO and Fairy Tail.

Koen
January 10, 2009, 11:39 AM
Well it seems we all underestimated knowloon. Sheadow was just his puppet in contrast to what he thought. Nice to know knowloon isn't eventually walking the killing-shiki-path. I wonder what will be decided about him. As gordon (was it that name?) said: you won't walk away clean with this.

Onomatopoeia
January 10, 2009, 09:03 PM
I hope that Shadow isn't completely gone, he had a lot more story potential in him. Feels like Shadow was cast away because the mangaka couldn't think of anywhere to go with him. Hopefully he'll escape from the jail he's in.

Koen
January 12, 2009, 07:32 AM
Good question but I hope shadow is history. He was a great set up for knowloon to become stronger and to get a step closer to his opponent shiki. I expect the things will focus on that important discovery in the maze. Later one some stronger antagonists could come forward on the scene

Koen
February 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
Kowloon ends up with Irie and together they immediately face Girkuza. Nice and fast paced if you ask me. I wonder if the two together can defeat it. Never say never. I wonder how shiki will react if he sees kowloon.

Shurou
April 04, 2009, 10:33 PM
Aww, man, looks like this series is gonna be done in another 2 or 3 chapters... =(

Horsee
April 05, 2009, 12:36 AM
Volume 3 cover:

Regular:
http://img.7andy.jp/bks/images/b0/07219960.JPG

Limited:
http://img.7andy.jp/bks/images/b0/07220100.JPG

DeidaraGrimmjow
April 05, 2009, 09:24 PM
Aww, man, looks like this series is gonna be done in another 2 or 3 chapters... =(

What makes you say that?

Shurou
April 06, 2009, 12:33 AM
What makes you say that?

The fact that they just met their final goal, the Miogaruna... Perhaps the author will milk the fight a bit more than usual (they usually haven't lasted more than two chapters so far).

predsfan
April 28, 2009, 09:00 PM

Looks like you were right. Over already, huh? Oh well, I rather enjoyed the series and the ending chapter was pretty good too. I look forward to a trans.

Shurou
April 29, 2009, 02:19 AM
Oh well, in retrospect, it was a good thing that the fight and the epilogue to the story was wrapped up in one chapter... sigh...