PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol 11 (Chap 83 -91) Discussion

Imitorar
April 17, 2008, 10:58 AM
Chapter 83 is out! Come and get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29528).

After you read it, feel free to use this thread for all your discussion and/or prediction needs!

Pirulito
April 17, 2008, 11:31 AM
Finally, in next chapter the asskicking will begin ^^

Flashback was good but long. It´s not Mashima´s style.

But, anyway, things are inflaming now

kat_at_heart
April 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
this chapter was quite cool thank god the flash backs have finished i wander if all the mages conbined strength will be enough to defeat jeral/zeref and it was intresting to see that zeref was the one who created deloria

Saintz0r
April 18, 2008, 08:15 AM
I was hoping for some fights in this chapter, but I guess we can't have everything :P
It was a good chapter though, seems like Erza's former nakama will fight Jeral/Gerard too

Hopefully Natsu will fight a little bit before they interrupt

Koen
April 19, 2008, 07:24 AM
I didn't like the former nakama joining erza back stuff. Come on.

They kidnap her prolly because jeral asked too. Suddenly they just change minds and they join erza to help her fighting jeral. You could have just said: "hey wanna help out, evil jeral is on the move". Lame imo

BUT I really look forward to the natsu and gun guy fight

baboysai
April 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
i can't remember if I missed it, but do you guys know anything about Seig and Jeral's identities? Like, how they're linked and stuff? Or is that a totally different topic?

Because I think by this chapter it was shown how the both of them were connected since Jeral seemed to know what Seig was thinking at the same instant...

Pirulito
April 19, 2008, 04:41 PM
You don´t missed it, baboysai.
If Sieglein and Jeral really are linked is one of the enigmas in this arc.

caesarpk
April 20, 2008, 09:00 AM
Did jeral said somewhere that when the secret about R-system is discovered, the island will be annihilated in the flashback several chapters ago?

Inkovic
April 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
I have a question. Is it Jeral or Gerard because there's differing translations that suggest both?

caesarpk
April 20, 2008, 07:29 PM
technically ジェラ-ル translates to Jera-ru, but I guess both is okay... you need to the main tlor for this though

fistsofrage
April 21, 2008, 06:05 AM
Wonder if they're related since they both bear the same mark.

baboysai
April 21, 2008, 06:48 AM
they don't only bear the same tattoo, they look exactly the same, don't they?

fistsofrage
April 21, 2008, 07:40 AM
Twins huh? Could be...

bigtymer32
April 22, 2008, 02:57 PM
i think there twins too

kat_at_heart
April 22, 2008, 03:06 PM
I think there is a possibility that they could be twins but doesn’t it make it a bit too predictable

caesarpk
April 22, 2008, 09:13 PM
How 'bout clones w/ connected mind?

baboysai
April 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
yeah but how could that have happened? And it seems Seig is really concerned about things (although he's quite mischievous himself). So I came to believe he's a good guy. If so, how did that happen that he's a good guy?

I'm not making any sense am i? :wtf

caesarpk
April 22, 2008, 10:32 PM
Maybe geral was cloned so that the good part went to seig and bad part remained w/ himself?
lol, idk

Imitorar
April 22, 2008, 11:17 PM
How 'bout clones w/ connected mind?

Like, say, a Kami-Piccolo relationship? Because I'm STILL betting on that. I'm assuming that Sieglein is the sane part of Jeral, and Jeral is the crazy part that was taken over by Zeref.

baboysai
April 22, 2008, 11:28 PM
if you say "sane part of Jeral", then we originally have one character which is Jeral? The kid we saw in the flashbacks, right? then somewhere along the timeline he split in two?

vashdestampede
April 23, 2008, 05:20 AM
Is there a possibility that they're the same person
The one on the island might be projecting the other or vice versa, I mean it could be some magic power he received from Zeref

And Jeral doesn't seem too concerned about the giant laser thing nearly being voted on...it seems to me he's counting on it...maybe the tower of paradise NEEDS that power to resurrect Zeref and it's all a ruse by Jeral/Sieglen

actually now that i think about it...they have to be separate
because erza met Sieglen before (i think) and she didn't go all reminiscent then

KaNx
April 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
Chapter 84 is out! Come and get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29868).

After you read it, feel free to use this thread for all your discussion and/or prediction needs!

Imitorar
April 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
if you say "sane part of Jeral", then we originally have one character which is Jeral? The kid we saw in the flashbacks, right? then somewhere along the timeline he split in two?

Yeah, that's what I mean. It might even be confirmed in this weeks chapter, but I haven't read 84 yet because it's still RAW.

Jeral
April 23, 2008, 04:23 PM
What I'm thinking about is a double meaning behind Jeral's statement that he was "talking to himself." It could be that him and Sieglein are one in the same, but one is the Zeref possessed one whereas the other area is the personality that Erza and the others know of. I'm looking forward to the following chapter to find out more about their connection, if it goes into that.

kat_at_heart
April 24, 2008, 03:37 AM
that chapter was quite funny at some points but i cant wait to see what that assassination guild are capable of i mean if they think just the 3 of them can beat everyone with erza and then overpower and capture her they must be quite powerful and they look really cool

Saintz0r
April 24, 2008, 08:29 AM
"Neko barrier!! hahahaha" That was hilarious XD
A chapter with fights like I wanted, nothing to complain :]
btw, the owl guy is sooo cool XDD
I guess there will be more fights next chapter :P

OPNpwnz
April 24, 2008, 11:42 AM
Awesome fight by Natsu, hilarious. I wonder how these assassins are gonna be? If they think they can beat Erza who stood on par with one of the 10 holy mages, then i wonder? and omg, i want natsu to become even more badass, i wanna see his hidden POWER (And for him to become S-Class worthy and beat the crap outta that bastard Luxus)

Pirulito
April 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
Oh, my God
Fukurou = ORLY
<o>

:loool

We see a funny fight but i want furious asskicking!
The Trinity Raven looks frightener. I throw my faith in them to tense the situation.

And I loved the fact of a woman being a captain of the squad.

Jeral
April 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
This chapter was pretty awesome. These new characters look promising, especially it's leader. The way it looks to me, each of them can take over as the dominant one at any given time, seeing that Vithaldas was the dominant one before separating into the three.

Koen
April 25, 2008, 04:53 AM
Great chapter, the trinity rave shouldn't be underestimated. I think they'll be a tough opponent. So natsu is the only one who can beat that evilness in jeral. Hmm I wonder is that dark mages spirit got to do with that important year in fairy tail - which I forgot

So natsu prolly got the jeral-opposed-good-magic in him

Jeral
April 25, 2008, 01:07 PM
How do you all think the Trinity works? Are they one in the same, or someone with separate personalities?

kat_at_heart
April 25, 2008, 05:40 PM
^Maybe they are a type of zeref's living magic what he left behind a bit like deliora but with more intelligence

Jeral
April 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
That would be interesting. Maybe all this time Zeref has been communicating to Jeral and providing minions to him.

caesarpk
April 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
that would make jeral quite invinsible, since he prolly zeref is a lot stronger the fairy tale mages

hyn_pride93
April 29, 2008, 12:16 AM
i would really like to see what the assains guild can do. the girl looks really strong... and i hope that she fights one of the other girls, but not Erza. any of the others would be just fine.

for me, I think that Erza needs to save her energy to fight Gerard. or at least fight him a little until Natsu arrives and starts kicking ***. is his true power a dragon? like for reals? that sounds really interesting

Imitorar
May 09, 2008, 03:18 PM
Chapter 85 is out! Come and get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30690).

After reading the chapter, (or before, if you really feel like it, though I don't recommend doing so) come here to discuss it and predict the next!

fizban
May 09, 2008, 04:15 PM
Shimon's magic sure did him a lot of good. Shou's not much better off, so I don't see how he expects to be able to take out Gerard on his own.

I'm not surprised that we start off with the fight against the owl guy. He seems less important than the other two members of Trinity Raven.

Koen
May 09, 2008, 06:50 PM
man I really have a feeling natsu is at th gates of somthing huge that'll happen to him. In a positive way of course

it's all focused on natsu/salamander, I wonder whet natsu will bring to us now :)

Pirulito
May 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
Trinity Raven are badass, except by the ORLY, hahahahaha. I can't stop laughing every time i see this character. But i admit, he looks pretty strong.

Saintz0r
May 12, 2008, 04:41 PM
Trinity Raven are badass, except by the ORLY, hahahahaha. I can't stop laughing every time i see this character. But i admit, he looks pretty strong.

C'mon! The ORLY guy is the most badass of them all :] ahahaha, it'll be a strange fight but I'm looking forward to it .
The only thing I didn't liked in this chapter was Erza being locked by Shou >.<
Jubia was awesome as always, trying to get rid of Lucy XD

kat_at_heart
May 14, 2008, 05:23 AM
I loved this chapter I wander what abilities the female of trinity raven has probably something like Erza since she is carrying a katana around with her, I love orly and his warrior of justice speech even though it is annoying because we know Natsu is going to win anyway.

KaNx
May 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
Chapter 86 of Fairy Tail is here!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31025).

After reading, go ahead and talk about the chapter here. Also, please do predict what will be coming next.

fizban
May 14, 2008, 02:51 PM
Are you ready to rock?! What a hilarious magic that will create way too much perverted fanart.

I hope Lucy uses Cancer to take this guy down. Give the guy and emo swoop and completely destroy his powers. On the other hand, it would be nice to see our beloved Leo finally enter a battle.

Raijatsu
May 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
That chapter was awesome
that heavy metal guy is very disturbing ^^
poor Jublia loosing her dignity by becoming his groopy XD
I hope Lucy will summon Loki in this fight

hyn_pride93
May 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
i think that the first person she is going to summon is Loki/Leo. but forget that he is a ladies man himself but goes about things in very different ways. but i think that Lucy will also use Cancer and the Sagitarious one. i think those two bcuz then shell be able to cut his hair and/or burn his hair off with some flaming arrows. but im really looking forward to Loki appearing

fizban
May 14, 2008, 08:36 PM
Sagittarius doesn't have flaming arrows though. He was able to make fire for Natsu by shooting some machinery, causing it to let off a small flame

Koen
May 15, 2008, 02:24 AM
I agree with raijatsu, it's now time for loki to be summoned. He's prolly one of the strongest stellar spirit she got. Before this arc loki made a contract with lucy and loki is part of fairy tail. He prolly has learned some magic on his own.

It would be fun if loki would fight the beautifull posessed jubia. I think he'll start with offering her a date :D
I wonder who it'll be who'll fight last trinity raven member

kat_at_heart
May 15, 2008, 08:29 AM
no poor jubia I hope that Lucy will summon cancer and cut his annoying hair off and then jubia will some how be set free and kick his arse, but its probably more likely Leo will be summoned and will be like how dare you treat women like this.
I also think next chapter will be Lucy’s turn to shine and she may summon two spirits at once and be recognised as a very powerful stellar spirit mage

Pirulito
May 15, 2008, 02:05 PM
Mashima is perv guy, really.

Anyway, I loved that Vithaldas.

Saintz0r
May 15, 2008, 08:06 PM
I wonder who it'll be who'll fight last trinity raven member

I think Gray will be the one to fight her :P
Well, overall I liked the chapter, but poor Jubia was pwned :/ at least I hope Lucy will fight at Vithaldas level even if she doesn't win

hyn_pride93
May 15, 2008, 08:12 PM
^ya. i also think that itll be Gray to fight against that girl from the Trinity.

but i think that Lucy's fight will be the most interesting. and that is bcuz she is the second weakest member of the team. the weakest member is Happy. but, Lucy needs to have a good strategy with her summoning bcuz if she summons someone that has powers which are weaker than that HMguy and Jubia, then she is screwed bcuz she'll be using her powers for a long time.

Mystic Moon
May 18, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hopefully she'll use Leo so we can see his powers in action but cancer is good too because it'll cut tht annoying hair out of the way. Plus the advantage of Leo is that he can summon himself nd use his OWN magic to stay outside.

Even if those arent the summons, Sagittarius can shoot tht stupid little guitar down and hopefully dim tht spell a little bit

hyn_pride93
May 19, 2008, 07:10 PM
lol... snip snip and away goes that retards hair. but that isnt gonna happen. that would be expected. the guy is probably say something like how he can make his hair as tough as steel. so lame

KaNx
May 21, 2008, 09:36 AM
Chapter 87 of Fairy Tail is here!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31441).

After reading, go ahead and talk about the chapter here. Also, please do predict what will be coming next.

Pirulito
May 21, 2008, 03:16 PM
Fanservice.

Chapter totally fanservice!

But... who cares?

I looooooooved it!

hug was kawaii

fizban
May 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
I wasn't expecting to use her comrade as a channel for summoning Aquarius. How cool to see the powers of both mages overwhelming the metal god.

It's funny that Vithaldos still ended up bald. Most of us predicted he would be receiving a haircut from Cancer.

itachi2510
May 21, 2008, 05:00 PM
lucy almost showed her boobs XD

kat_at_heart
May 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
Wow I loved this chapter completely different from what I predicted
This magic fusion thingy also seemed to disturb jeral quite a bit which I thought was equally as good since he is always smiling

Koen
May 22, 2008, 07:03 AM
Well I liked this but disliked it at the same time:

I really like jubia and lucy. It was great to see they did some mage fusion. Jeral was pretty suprised and I think he'll be more when others will defeat those others trinity bastards

Imo the fights are a bit too short. Vithaldos has only half of last chapter and half of this chapter a power to overwhelm lucy and jubia, in fact that's only one chapter. I thought with these guys it would have been more difficult but it seems easier.

hatsuharupeace
May 22, 2008, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I agree with koenosaki, I kinda expected the fight to go on a bit longer. C'mon, those guys are meant to be elite fighters and killers, they would be expected to stay around longer then barely a chapter. Natsu's fight seems to be up next, hoping more action, and longer fights.

Saintz0r
May 22, 2008, 03:57 PM
Fanservice <3

Imo the fights are a bit too short. Vithaldos has only half of last chapter and half of this chapter a power to overwhelm lucy and jubia, in fact that's only one chapter. I thought with these guys it would have been more difficult but it seems easier.

Well, imo it's good that the fights are short. It really wasn't a awesome fight but it was nice enough and very fast paced. The fights doesn't drag on and on and it makes the history progress faster.
Of course, there are some fights that can't be ended in one chapter ( Jeral/Gerard x Erza for example )
but Vithaldas x Lucy&Jubia wasn't really extremely important to the history other than making them trust each other

Koen
May 23, 2008, 09:35 AM
Fanservice <3

Well, imo it's good that the fights are short. It really wasn't a awesome fight but it was nice enough and very fast paced. The fights doesn't drag on and on and it makes the history progress faster.
Of course, there are some fights that can't be ended in one chapter ( Jeral/Gerard x Erza for example )
but Vithaldas x Lucy&Jubia wasn't really extremely important to the history other than making them trust each other

Maybe but there's a difference between ending a fight in only one chapter than ending it in 3 chapters. It's not that I wanted the fight for being 15 chapters long but those three were introduced as elite fighters and I expect more of them. Not an instant coffee fight that maybe can show cool stuff but doesn't add any feeling towards the fight

Katea
May 23, 2008, 10:07 AM
Well I just noticed again that Aquarius owns all whenever she's been summoned :eyeroll
The lenght of this week's chapter's fight was OK I think.. just because these three mages were introduced as top "killer"mages from a top assasin guild it doesn't mean that they might be superior than 'normal' guild mages. They are top of the assasin guilds, true, but as far as I know, there aren't even so many assasin guilds. Even though the guy who was with Natsu was so scared and alarmed about the appearance of the owl mage, I still believe it's just because he doesn't know Natsu's and Fairy Tale's true power yet.
The fight with Gerald might be the main fight in this arc, and I think it's gonna be loooong.. :tem

Pirulito
May 24, 2008, 03:56 PM
That´s the way Mashima manage Fairy Tail.

If you see earlier battles, most of them lasted one or two chapter, even Makarov vs Jose and Element 4. Maybe the other battles against Trinity Raven can last one chapter too.

havoc19
May 26, 2008, 01:51 PM
Heh, another great chapter from Mashima, Fairy tail must be the only piece of work i really enjoyed from him. Aquarius is full of win as always :D

KaNx
May 28, 2008, 12:07 PM
Chapter 88 of Fairy Tail is here!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31894).

fizban
May 28, 2008, 01:53 PM
I might be crazy, but it looks like Mr Owl has "Crean Hit" written on the sole of his shoe. Fantastic.

Koen
May 28, 2008, 03:30 PM
Well it's strange but somehow I am trying to believe that sieg isn't gerad. Maybe he's created by some events that happened with gerad back then. But if sieg is acting for gerads good then I think it's because of a link they got and sieg being under some magic control

And if sieg is gerad then honestly I think gerad isn't in the tower himself. Then he's at the convention and he's trying to stretch things out and he prolly needs aetherion

roku-sky
May 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
^ I don't think Sieg and Gerald are the same person either - my guess is that they are enemies who know each other very well, and Gerald is predicting Sieg's actions - convincing the council of destroying the tower.

Oh, and yet another "control" technique is shown by the assassin's guild. It seems they have talent for turning their enemies against themselves. Though this absorption technique is so cliched it is painful... ~_~

kat_at_heart
May 29, 2008, 05:00 AM
I still think it is possible that gerald is not seig but every chapter it is becoming harder to keep believing this especially when seig said well “you will have to wait and see” I mean they were some very crazy eyes.
The part with lucy was rather touching "it is raining from luvia's eyes"
But now I really want to see gray fight with the remaining assassin’s guild I can’t wait for that .

miyavisoap
June 03, 2008, 05:38 PM
i feel so bad for Natsu =[
now the owl guy's going to use all his cool power!!!
i bet shimon will help him get out
or... maybe natsu will beat the hell out of the owl and get out. idk.

Koen
June 04, 2008, 03:35 PM
Fairy tail chapter 89 came out, grab it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32349)

discuss and predict

fizban
June 05, 2008, 03:33 PM
This was kind of a boring chapter. The fight can barely be called that, and we learned in the flashbacks that Erza in a member of Fairy Tail? Shocking.

kat_at_heart
June 05, 2008, 03:57 PM
This chapter was pathetic hmmm I wander if the last member of trinity raven will be better than the other ones........... hopefully.
Next week I think we will have a comical natsu and gray moment and then the female member of trinity raven will show up (forgot her name) AND then we will have to wait yet another week to see her.

igotthegoods
June 06, 2008, 02:28 PM
awww. i didn't think this chapter was so bad. the owl guy went down a bit too easily, but it was nice to see the beginnings of the relationship between gray and erza. very sweet :)

Helltroll
June 07, 2008, 09:03 AM
It was certainly a interesting chapter. Not the way I predicted but still good in it's own way. The review should be ready in a few hours. Be prepared :)

vashdestampede
June 07, 2008, 09:29 PM
I think this chapter was just meant to outline the differences between gray and natsu.
Natsu was seen as all playful and such whereas Gray was serious from the get go
I doubt if natsu was serious he would've been swallowed
And this isn't 'his' fight for the arc, my bet is he'll take on what'shisname after shou, then erza fail

Em_Leingod
June 08, 2008, 03:40 AM
awww. i didn't think this chapter was so bad. the owl guy went down a bit too easily, but it was nice to see the beginnings of the relationship between gray and erza. very sweet :)
My thoughts exactly, I liked this chapter. Can't wait for next week's release.

:woot

bax
June 11, 2008, 10:21 AM
The 90th chapter is out! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32817)!!

As usual, go ahead discuss and predict Fairy Tail :)

Majek
June 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
So Erza's turn now. And wow. She looks ever prettier than usual on the cover <3<3<3<3

Host Samurai
June 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
Ikaruga is awesome and Erza of course too.

Ikaruga isn't a fodder villian like her teammates so my prediction for next chapter will be the continuation of they're fight and some info on Sieg/Jeral.

purplerose_04
June 12, 2008, 04:26 PM
yea really awesome chapter.. it seems like the series is going from one person history to another.. Gray it done.. Lucy is also done.. Erza is almost done.... i wonder is this it..

yea Sieg/Jeral.. to me seems like 1 person.. i mean we dun see the face of Jeral but somehow it seem like it..

yea next chapter will the fight.... but i dun think it will be done.. probably gonan prolong 2 or 3 chapters.

bax
June 18, 2008, 09:59 AM
The 91th chapter is out! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33304)!!

As usual, go ahead discuss and predict Fairy Tail :)

fizban
June 18, 2008, 10:51 AM
Oh dear. I was really hoping that chapter 90 would be the only time in this fight where a female's clothing was ripped off her. First Lucy loses her dress, and now Erza is stripped down repeatedly

"I sense no magic in that outfit"
"These are PANTS"

Nice. The battle should wrap up next week pretty nicely, letting us move on to the main event (Happy versus Gerard)

Stop
June 18, 2008, 04:54 PM
Oh man I hate stuck up villains. Thanks for the chapter

winter0105
June 19, 2008, 02:52 AM
Good chapter! Erza was completely owned by Ikaruga!!! And I would have like to se too the characteristics of her purgatory armor. It is so amazing!!!

Anyways, looks like Erza won't be relying on her incredible ex-quiping techniques and starting to rely strictly on fighting ability. And it's pretty obvious that Erza will win without any armor in Fairy Tail 92!!! I'm so excited to see how she does in her non-magic clothes. Is that really her outfit under all that armor? Looks a bit out-of-place compared to that normal armor she wears everywhere. It's probably another type of armor. How ironic it is!!!

Helltroll
June 19, 2008, 07:38 AM
Finally a villian who lasts more than just a chapter. It's nice to see the fight between these two sword wielders and I'm confident that I can bring you the review tomorrow before I'm off to participate in a competition over the weekend (and miss my weekly dose of OP :( ).

bigtymer32
June 20, 2008, 03:44 AM
wow this is the first time rzza has been owned like this but she gonna kick butt next chapter i hope its a good way of how she wins and not no luck stuff because Ikaruga's blade is amazing good stuff so far.go erza :)

flyingwind
June 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
i have to admit that Ikaruga turned out to be a stronger fighter than i thought. since both Erza and her are strong fighters-their fight should be quite good.

kat_at_heart
June 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
Wow ikaruga is just the incarnation of awesomeness.
This is like the first time we have ever seen erza been owned like this (well apart from Jose, although it doesn’t really count) but next week we all know that erza is goanna kick ikaruga's arse but hopefully she does go down with some dignity unlike the other two members of trinity raven. (Sigh)

Saintz0r
June 22, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yup, while the other fights were nice I'm glad that Ikaruga at least is strong enough to make Erza 'level up'
( change the way she fights :P ) it'll be a tough fight

Also, Natsu really has to kick Gerard ass to redeem himself after being beaten by the ORLY guy

hasu13
June 25, 2008, 01:40 AM
I'm guessing that by wearing no armor, Erza is raising her speed (not as heavy) and making her able to keep up with Ikaruga and her sword. It should prove interesting, though this will surely put her out of the running to take on Gerard. It likely will be left up to Natsu to finish him off.

descendant
July 07, 2008, 05:45 AM
haha Erza with katana and no armor reminds me of Kanda in D.Gray-Man :eyeroll