PDA

View Full Version : Other Your voice thread ^^

weixiaobao
April 23, 2008, 06:36 PM
so this is the thread about describing your voice .. since all of us in this forum are communicate by typing words, we only can imagined what others may sound like..

ok i start first, my voice sound really good in my head, especially in the shower XD ... but when i hear it after someone recorded into video tape i must said i really hated it.. Probably is the most annoying voice to me, thank gosh i don't really have to listen to myself all day.. I usually sound a bit irritated, complaining most of the time.. when i get nervous i usually talk really fast to cover up my bad grammar. and time to time I howl or said "wow" at random things for no particular reason..

As for accent I don't think i have one, because even my native people (the vietnamese sound different than I am).. I spoke two languages (English and Vietnamese) and a failure in both.. XD

blai
May 07, 2008, 04:18 PM
I speak too fast, too often and too incoherent for anyone to ever understand me but from what i heard i am a great singer.. well f*ck the idol jury! :D (Even tho i know one of them IRL lol)
I speak what we say in sweden "småländska" but as i call it. "proper swedish" (except from göteborska) and when i'm speaking french they say it sounds like i'm from Nice, or the area around it. My english sounds kind of brittish, london type. I would love to know cockney (sp?) but i doubt i'll ever learn it =(

weixiaobao
May 11, 2008, 09:12 PM
Blai- is the ava, you?
maybe you should upload your singing to youtube.. ^^

blai
May 12, 2008, 03:01 AM
Yea it's me on the ava and i have a youtube account (adamclason).
Adressed as a musician but haven't added any videos.

Can do, i'll upload some today or tomorrow :]

weixiaobao
May 12, 2008, 10:39 AM
looking forward to it... too lazy to search.. post a link when you finished upload kkk :D

blai
May 12, 2008, 11:26 AM
Can do!

edit: Doing a duet instead with a friend of mine, as in me playing the guitar and she's singing, I'll only be backup vocal but i think you'll hear me anyway. :)

Uploading it this weekend when we're off to videotape it :)

emer
May 17, 2008, 01:56 PM
(...)
I speak what we say in sweden "småländska" but as i call it. "proper swedish" (except from göteborska)
(...)

Proper Swedish?! "Uppländska" dear you, is the proper style ; P

Whoa...My voice? Low, but really detailed...good for speech (my teacher says, so I trust him). Depending on situation from to fast to slidderish...

Reallly hard to describe something that seems natural to oneself ^^b

blai
May 18, 2008, 07:48 AM
Okay so this weekend didnt work out as proper. (we got drunk and did something else instead and it was bbq last night so i'll do it asap (a) :D

Totinona
May 18, 2008, 10:12 AM
My voice is probably fairly dark. And my dialect (in norwegian) doesn't make it any better. xD
As for English I have an American accent. With some British-ish words here and there.
Try to not sound Norwegian when speaking English.:o

Me singing = Tone deaf.

blai
May 18, 2008, 10:16 AM
Norweigan is such a messy language. :P Exactly as in sweden but you add e instead of a in the end of the words... :P

Totinona
May 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hehe,I wonder which language is the messy one. ;>
If I were to write in my dialect, you probably wouldn't understand. :o Like "Jeg = Æ,Ikke = Itj".

To be on-topic a bit;Who likes listening to their own voice? Not me.:tem
When it comes to singing,I'm so tone deaf it isn't even funny.

blai
May 18, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hehe well i hate to listen to my own voice but that's natural i think.

And hmm everyone CAN sing if they just practice but hey it might not be that fun 'cus if you think of it, learning how to sing is like learning how to play icehockey.. and

IT.
IS.
A.
PAIN! (but totally worth it!)

EvilGenious
May 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
mmm, my voice...well, my current roommie thinks it's annoying. i tend to slur words a lot, as well as mutter and talk low at times. all in all, i try not to talk unless i have too.

oh yeah, my roommate's mom thought i was from texas, my accent is that bad...im actually from the the mid atlantic.

MissYuki
June 22, 2009, 12:56 PM
Well, most of the people I know say that my voice is pretty...mellows.
But because of me being a twin I have someone that has an almost identical sound as me, although everyone say that I speak in a clearer way.

Do Kesubei
June 22, 2009, 03:33 PM
Well, most of the people I know say that my voice is pretty...mellows.
But because of me being a twin I have someone that has an almost identical sound as me, although everyone say that I speak in a clearer way.

A twin, you say? How identical are your voices? The twins I've come across always have the same voice tone, but speak very differently. Usually, it's the only way I could tell them apart.

I'm often told to repeat my last statement, or to slow down. Growing up with a stutter, I believed that I could 'outrun' it by talking faster. I've been making efforts to slow my speech - now I feel like I'm speaking with children in every conversation I have.

My voice is deeper than I think, if the recordings I heard where any indication, but it's hard to believe; to my ear, my speaking voice is higher than I would like.

Articulation and pronunciation has never been an issue for me, even as a child.

Yuki_Judai
June 24, 2009, 07:51 PM
my voice is too different than other girls. Because sometimes i speak with boy's voice and sometimes i speak girl's voice when i shout. Yeah, for speaking, i seldom speak anymore. For Bahasa, i always speak informal. Sometimes i speak Japanese and English at my school. ^^

blai
June 25, 2009, 06:27 AM
my voice is too different than other girls. Because sometimes i speak with boy's voice and sometimes i speak girl's voice when i shout.

So, do you mean that you talk like a boy and shout like a girl?
That sounds awesome :wtf

zahir2035
June 25, 2009, 11:45 AM
Me? I have a voice like the OP said, sounds great inside my head. I don't dare to sing in the shower so as I don't fall in love with me :p .
But outside of it, it sounds in a middle register and with an irritating (to me) lack of force in the sibling consonants.
My native language is Spanish and when I talk in English my voice sounds with an italian accent. In fact, the people of my country that lives in my city (Buenos Aires) is said to be the only people in the world that talks native Spanish with an Italian accent :D
I'm also given to talking in bursts so I'm often asked to repeat what I said.
Fortunately when I read or give a lecture I can successfully control the "burst rate" so as everyone can understand me well.

Yuki_Judai
June 25, 2009, 08:03 PM
So, do you mean that you talk like a boy and shout like a girl?
That sounds awesome :wtf

Yes, like that. ^^

It sound nice for me.

goldb
June 26, 2009, 07:25 AM
my voice is deeper than I actually hear it, I still think of myself as being quite young, even tough I'm 20 :p

duchess of dork
July 19, 2009, 01:02 AM
my voice....sigh....sucks. i was told its high-pitched :blink..yeah, sure does:nerve....i have to modulate it with much effort so that i have to drawl to make it sound mature..

Doragon
July 19, 2009, 03:09 AM
My voice is like a manly man's.

Bengfleng
August 03, 2009, 06:53 AM
my voice is actually kind of.....well.......androgyn sometimes but other times its kind of low for some reason

blai
May 01, 2010, 04:07 PM
my voice is actually kind of.....well.......androgyn sometimes but other times its kind of low for some reason

Don't you ever talk to me again, your voice is horrible ololol :yelling

Anyways, I've been told that for my feminine attitude on the forum with all the bunnysmileys and :wtf emoticons (I'm heterosexual btw, I just like to act "gay" because I know a lot of people who are intolerant towards people with sexual orientations apart from heterosexuality) and what not that I have a kinda dark, soft voice. I take that as a positive thing though and I have a hmm... rather matured voice for my age but not too dark. It's pretty nice for doing elvis covers... :oh

BBB Banana
May 01, 2010, 06:49 PM
Well my voice is too high pitched for a guy, not a girly voice but a 13 year old voice that is while i'm talking I guess I should force my voice to change.

I'm a fairly good singer I can do low notes with no efort and can do high notes that usually only women can do. I can sing in a soft voice and also in a really raspy voice similar to axl rose from GNR or Brian Johnson from AC/DC (not as good as them though and my range in that register is very small thoug9. But I can't reach anything in between those two kinds of voice.

Charlie
May 01, 2010, 08:04 PM
My voice is soft. Not high nor low somewhere in the middle, I guess. If that make sense.

What I can do is change the tone, like when you mimic an impression of someone you just heard with a deep or low voice, etc. That is nothing special though because it's what everyone can do. lol

Spartacus
May 02, 2010, 12:11 AM
it's no fair.
My older brother is a cartoonist. meaning that he roles in television voices for particular characters who can't speak their plot very well, but have good acting skills.

So he practices near me, and I catch on, and not i have like 18 different voices.
It's fun, but freaky.

If you don't get me, check this video out to understand my meaning:
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5CmqC1E-Ag
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRzBtTcnh5c

i'm not as good as this guy, but you can say I have some of his talent..
but I don't do it in control like he does, I do it by mistake by different kind of moods... lol

M3J
May 02, 2010, 12:14 AM
My voice sounds awkward and horrible, to my ears. Think of Akshay Kumar, at least speaking English. But I feel comfortable speaking English. It's hard to understand.
I thought of my Russian classmate to compare to. O_O

blai
May 02, 2010, 07:14 AM
Well my voice is too high pitched for a guy, not a girly voice but a 13 year old voice that is while i'm talking I guess I should force my voice to change.

I'm a fairly good singer I can do low notes with no efort and can do high notes that usually only women can do. I can sing in a soft voice and also in a really raspy voice similar to axl rose from GNR or Brian Johnson from AC/DC (not as good as them though and my range in that register is very small thoug9. But I can't reach anything in between those two kinds of voice.

You're a tenor? When I'm singing I'm normally a baritone, but I can sing as a backup tenor too \o/.

My voice is soft. Not high nor low somewhere in the middle, I guess. If that make sense.

What I can do is change the tone, like when you mimic an impression of someone you just heard with a deep or low voice, etc. That is nothing special though because it's what everyone can do. lol

My voice sounds awkward and horrible, to my ears. Think of Akshay Kumar, at least speaking English. But I feel comfortable speaking English. It's hard to understand.
I thought of my Russian classmate to compare to. O_O

This must be approved of on Skype. You guys better prepare yourself.

BBB Banana
May 02, 2010, 10:47 AM
You're a tenor? When I'm singing I'm normally a baritone, but I can sing as a backup tenor too \o/

Yeah I don't look like one but you could say that . I've been losing control over my range since I gave up in singing classes and I don't train much since I don't want to be a musician, and even if I were to be one I woul prefer to play guitar or piano (wich I do only for fun).

Drmke
May 02, 2010, 01:45 PM
My voice is like a thousand angels playing "The Stroke" by Billy Squier on their harps.

M3J
May 02, 2010, 02:17 PM
You're a tenor? When I'm singing I'm normally a baritone, but I can sing as a backup tenor too \o/.

This must be approved of on Skype. You guys better prepare yourself.

It has been approved of on Skype.

Dermie! Are you saying your voice sounds queer? o:

blai
May 02, 2010, 02:18 PM
I have yet to hear it for myself Millywilly.

Drmke
May 02, 2010, 02:23 PM
Dermie! Are you saying your voice sounds queer? o:

No! That means its the most amazing things your ears will ever hear!!!

M3J
May 02, 2010, 02:24 PM
I have yet to hear it for myself Millywilly.
You have heard it, BlaiLai.

No! That means its the most amazing things your ears will ever hear!!!
Hurry up and get Skype.

Drmke
May 02, 2010, 02:28 PM
I was on it that one time....but you left! :yelling Plus, I didn't talk much anyway.

Charlie
May 02, 2010, 06:51 PM
it's no fair.
My older brother is a cartoonist. meaning that he roles in television voices for particular characters who can't speak their plot very well, but have good acting skills.

So he practices near me, and I catch on, and not i have like 18 different voices.
It's fun, but freaky.

If you don't get me, check this video out to understand my meaning:
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5CmqC1E-Ag
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRzBtTcnh5c

i'm not as good as this guy, but you can say I have some of his talent..
but I don't do it in control like he does, I do it by mistake by different kind of moods... lol

I saw that first link sometime back. That guys has an awesome ability to mimic all those voices. I fail in comparison. :tem

goldb
May 03, 2010, 08:40 AM
I soon as I get skype, I'm gonna get your accounts. I wanna know if there are any Barry Whites among us...