PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 321 Discussion/322 Predictions

goldb
February 22, 2013, 05:07 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Angoez
March 01, 2013, 02:39 AM
From Baidu http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2188285986

321话是鸠拉与拉哥的战斗!322话呢
冰与水vs冰与风。蛇姬之鳞
虎女vs妖王 妖虎大战 妖精之花永开不败
白铁大战 万龙来袭 一分决胜负

kuroSaki_Ichi
March 01, 2013, 02:46 AM

so...1st line is "Water vs Wind. Duno the 2nd part", 2nd line says "Tiger girl vs Fairy King. Fairy Tail's Flower will never lose (fade)"

That's all I can make out :p guessing Erza wins.

Angoez
March 01, 2013, 03:01 AM
so...1st line is "Water vs Wind. Duno the 2nd part", 2nd line says "Tiger girl vs Fairy King. Fairy Tail's Flower will never lose (fade)"

That's all I can make out :p guessing Erza wins.

Juvia VS Cheria...?
and Erza wins,..?
Want to know how she beat Minerva..

gaston42
March 01, 2013, 03:14 AM
and Erza wins,..?
Want to know how she beat Minerva..

Well Erza is smart, so she probably has found a weakness to Minerva's teleport ability. I don't think that it's only that "power of feelings" thing because Minerva is not the type of opponent you can defeat by just overpowering them.

Still I'm dying to see how Mashima pulled this ;)

pongy
March 01, 2013, 03:17 AM
Damn.. I thought it's supposed to be Laxus vs Jura this week? I've been looking forward to it.. so why the switch to Erza now?

Morlun
March 01, 2013, 03:23 AM
Damn.. I thought it's supposed to be Laxus vs Jura this week? I've been looking forward to it.. so why the switch to Erza now?

Could be fake...

The Saiyan Prince
March 01, 2013, 03:26 AM

It still is. The spoiler is referring to what's going to happen in the chapter that follows this one.

•Sasuke•
March 01, 2013, 03:33 AM
pics

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505#lastpost

http://t.imgbox.com/abp1dJxq.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abp1dJxq) http://t.imgbox.com/abeb71jV.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abeb71jV) http://t.imgbox.com/abmPLtnJ.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abmPLtnJ)

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 01, 2013, 03:40 AM
*sees Minerva about to get whupped*ALRIGHT! I'M THROWIN AN ALL NIGHTER COLA KEGGER FOR MY PAL KARMA! WHO'S WITH ME!?>V<

Curryman
March 01, 2013, 03:41 AM
Looks like perhaps Mavis gave Laxus and Erza a powerup? Similar to Cana I'm assuming if that's the case.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 01, 2013, 03:45 AM
Looks like perhaps Mavis gave Laxus and Erza a powerup? Similar to Cana I'm assuming if that's the case.Her face looks more like the, calmly and peacefully explaining that the power of friendship will overcome any obstacle, being that of honor and strength, or cowardice and deceit, which in our language translates to, *swooshes her hair back like Aizen*, Nakama power, just as planned.

Chris38
March 01, 2013, 03:46 AM
So, it looks like Laxus has beaten Jura (at least he got some injuries, so we can't say that it was a one sided fight)

And the fight between Erza and Minerva is still going on...

Looks like it's going to be a usual FT battle... but hopefully, there is going to be something more in this chapter, then just those two fights...

Janard
March 01, 2013, 03:58 AM

I'm translating somewhat literally

Spoilers for 322:
Ice & Water (Fairy Tail) V.S. Ice & Wind (Lamia Scale)
Lady Tiger (Minerva) V.S. Fairy Queen (Erza) - Battle between Fairy and Tiger / Fairy Queen Blossoming Without Fail
White V.S. Metal (I'm guessing Sting against Gajeel)
Attack of the Dragons!
Conclusive Battle!

okaneman
March 01, 2013, 04:12 AM
WTF!! Jura defeated by Laxus?? This is bulls*hit!! Such a letdown.. :-_- I guess with the power of feeling, even Happy can beat a 10 Wizard Saints.. (Nah Happy just can't do it) :derp

ikuroi
March 01, 2013, 04:48 AM
WTF!! Jura defeated by Laxus?? This is bulls*hit!! Such a letdown.. :-_- I guess with the power of feeling, even Happy can beat a 10 Wizard Saints.. (Nah Happy just can't do it) :derp

More likely than Natsu beating Jellal then? IMO what's so weird about it, Laxus is supossed to be extremley powerful... and yes in that class.

Marzarret
March 01, 2013, 05:00 AM
Laxus and Erza pawning someone in one chapter! Alright!

llamapie
March 01, 2013, 05:06 AM
Guys chill. Its not a big deal. Feelings have been a theme in this manga since day one. Don't act all "BUT HIS POWER LEVEL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD".. This manga isn't so linear as DBZ (I love DBZ, relax). The weakest person can win a fight if they catch someone just right. So we need to stop judging this story like a typical shonen, where power levels dominate fights, not skill.

AlexGK
March 01, 2013, 05:16 AM
So FT wins on all fronts, nothing new. Who reads this for the story anyway ;)

John 92
March 01, 2013, 05:18 AM
ok,mashima if sting doesnt defeat at least 2 opponents im gonna hate you for the rest of my life(but i will still read FT : P )

Angoez
March 01, 2013, 05:22 AM
Here
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/321

Darklord_NS
March 01, 2013, 05:22 AM
chapter is out
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/321/3

hossice
March 01, 2013, 05:31 AM
omg.....lauxus.... -_- "I'm all fired up" :facepalm

Kuza
March 01, 2013, 05:39 AM
Fairy tail is so Fairy tail :D
Great chapter, a lot of action in one chapter is awesome, furthermore next chap is gonna be 36 pages, epic.
I don't have any problems with Erza releasing her second origin, now I have question if all of those who went through second origin thing can activate it or for the rest of the group its just like basic magic container expanded?
Pretty awesome fight between Laxus and Jura, a bit short, but as i said several times Mashima doesn't have much space for each battle so every possble battle feels cutted, but again I don't have a problem with that.
Now it's pretty much decided since Erza is about to destroy Minerva, who is Saber captain (i guess) and get 61 point. If Gray and Juvia win it will be 63, so it will be Sting vs FT. If he takes all of them out they might win lol. 55+9=64. I hope Mashima isn't gonna troll us that hard.

PS I really hope Erza will cut that bitch literally in half with that bigass halberd.

AnimeLoverX
March 01, 2013, 05:43 AM
maybe Sting is the capt
hence why he is hiding :P

Uriel
March 01, 2013, 05:44 AM
I am the only one who thinks Jura faked his defeat?
...That smile in the end. Really suspicious.

Shinhokou
March 01, 2013, 05:48 AM
Well that was dissapointing...Jura loses without even using Meidou Fugaku after destroying Orga so easily and then Erza activating second origin (Lol ><) ... when will the ridiculous streak of FT feeling victory end?

jollyhotdog
March 01, 2013, 06:04 AM
Shoooooot!! great chapter, Three Two One.

First of lets break down what really happen:

- WTF, Erza released her second origin! I wonder if natsu and the others can also release their second origin too.
- Juvia and Grey, team up was great. And wait hold on, why Juvia is not blushing?? :-_-
- LAAAAAAAAXUUS!! OMG!! You've just WOOOPS Juras ASS! really??? Just like that? so what will happen next, will Laxus gonna be one of the 10 wizards saints? :hip

and by the way, am I the only one here who thinks that Lector was the one hiding on Milliana's ass?

Gats
March 01, 2013, 06:21 AM
Despite some real cool and badass panels (Erza...), I'm disappointed. Some critical fight moments off paneled just to see the final blow (Laxus and soon Gray/Juvia ?).

So Sting is probably the "team leader" (5 points) and is going to finish every exhausted fighters after their current fight ends ? Well that's a valid strategy and all but really how it is supposed to make them viewed as the strongest guild (this arena is also an exhibition after all, not a total war) ? Does he really think that his cat friend will be proud of him ? I mean he said "watch me". At this rate Sabertooth guild will just prove they're too weak against FT because they couldn't rely on any other strategy. >.>

Impossibility
March 01, 2013, 06:28 AM
So lots of moments, lots of top level action. But, what just happened? Fairy Tail looks to go from getting thrown around to destroying their foes. If Jura was defeated, and Erza has just gotten serious, this tournament is over. I'm unsure about how I feel at the moment, I'm going to wait it out.

.....Ok, it was kind of awesome FT-style.

TauCarlos
March 01, 2013, 06:28 AM
Yuk... No... Why... I just saw luxus beat Jura in one chapter and oh god at least attempt to make Minerva look strong. With this, I think i'm finally done with this manga.

biron
March 01, 2013, 06:33 AM
what im wondering after this chapter is if gildartz is stronger/equal to the 4 strongest saints

Chris38
March 01, 2013, 06:35 AM
I think it was a better chapter then I initially thought, but still pretty predictable...

To anyone, that is disappointed about this, you should recall the statements that the future Lucy (or someone else, if the princess is actually lying ) made, on the result of the tournament - that someone will win the tournament, in a unpredictable way. - which, in the eyes of the princess, would be the win of FT without losing any of their members.

That's why I'm not so surprised about the events of the latest chapter... since they have been already foreshadowed.

I just hope that, as a result of this, the whole Eclipse related plot, of the current arc, is going to be less predictable and a little more exiting...

henry17
March 01, 2013, 06:36 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that when Erza released her second origin her bandage expanded from her body as well?:erosanji

Ifrit
March 01, 2013, 06:48 AM
Can some1 please send Mavis back to where they found her ? She is destroying Fairy Tail series.

Chapter name just has nothing to do with what we saw. "Poor Jura" as much as I like Laxus character...that win was lame.

oh my wonder women...did she just make a new armors that called " Nakama " ? man when you think she is running out of Nakama Power up..she strikes again hahahaha... Don't rage @ me,but ....

The chapter I hoped it would been the best of this Arc...turned to be the worse of them all.

adbanginwar
March 01, 2013, 06:49 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that when Erza released her second origin her bandage expanded from her body as well?:erosanji

well that and some cat in milliana's butt :cheez

Beatrice
March 01, 2013, 06:49 AM
Anybody good with Maths here?

Cause Erzas Armor is called Nakagami, it's a Japanese probability distribution assigning a probability to each possible outcome of something, in maths an experiment.

kuroSaki_Ichi
March 01, 2013, 06:53 AM
Can some1 please send Mavis back to where they found her ? She is destroying Fairy Tail series.

Chapter name just has nothing to do with what we saw. "Poor Jura" as much as I like Laxus character...that win was lame.

oh my wonder women...did she just make a new armors that called " Nakama " ? man when you think she is running out of Nakama Power up..she strikes again hahahaha... Don't rage @ me,but ....

The chapter I hoped it would been the best of this Arc...turned to be the worse of them all.

I'm sorry but I just realized I recognize your profile every week because of your negative opinions of almost every chapter lol.

Kuza
March 01, 2013, 06:56 AM
- LAAAAAAAAXUUS!! OMG!! You've just WOOOPS Juras ASS! really??? Just like that? so what will happen next, will Laxus gonna be one of the 10 wizards saints? :hip

and by the way, am I the only one here who thinks that Lector was the one hiding on Milliana's ass?

Idk about beign a wizard saint, we still don't know the requirements to join the party, but now it's quite clear who's the next FT master, I bet it will happen right after tournament, cause Makarov is too old and is too tired.

About Milliana's ass, first I thought it was dat shadow, but Lector hiding there will work better.

I fear that Minerva could ask Sting to actually kill everybody who still stand in the end, and this is the reason he's all deep atm. But now when we see Lector, I fear that Sting will start a fight with all FT at once, and Lector will pop out of Milli's ass and the big feel time will come to the tournament. Sting will cry and hug the cat and later gives up the games and leave ST.

Giga_Gaia
March 01, 2013, 06:59 AM
Seems there is gonna be a 36 pages chapter next week.

Beatrice
March 01, 2013, 07:05 AM
Just noticed:
If Kagura is worth 5 points - Fairy Tail has 61.
If Lyon and Chelia are taken out - 63

8 points difference to Sabertooth.

Each Team is worth 9 points.
Leader 5
4 are worth 1

Sting hasn't done anything yet, Fairy Tail still has all 5 Team members for 9 points.

MechR
March 01, 2013, 07:21 AM
- WTF, Erza released her second origin! I wonder if natsu and the others can also release their second origin too.
The others seem to be using theirs up-front. (Natsu soloing the Twin Dragons, Gray's ice stuff looking fancier, etc.) We didn't even know it could be suppressed until now. Compared to Natsu's performance, Erza's struggles against Kagura make alot more sense now.

Am I the only one who noticed that when Erza released her second origin her bandage expanded from her body as well?
:erosanji
Nope :zomg

Laif
March 01, 2013, 07:30 AM
Three words for the chapter: Fast/Lame/Predictable

Marche
March 01, 2013, 07:36 AM
I'm translating somewhat literally

Spoilers for 322:
Ice & Water (Fairy Tail) V.S. Ice & Wind (Lamia Scale)
Lady Tiger (Minerva) V.S. Fairy Queen (Erza) - Battle between Fairy and Tiger / Fairy Queen Blossoming Without Fail
White V.S. Metal (I'm guessing Sting against Gajeel)
Attack of the Dragons!
Conclusive Battle!But this spoiler is confirmed???
I ask because in the chapter there is not any hint about the fight between Sting and Gazille.

Kreantz
March 01, 2013, 07:43 AM
if all of them is going to use their full power I guess sting is gonna wipe 'em up!

kkck
March 01, 2013, 07:49 AM
Somehow the chapter ended up making sense to me. As far as power went I thought there were a few inconsistensies however I think this chapter actually explained them to some extent. Overall this particular manga has to some extent linked power to both age and talent. Makarov is strong because he has 80 years of training over most people. Gildarts is strong because he has 30 years worth of training over most people. Erza and laxus were a tad different, they were strong because of sheer unfiltered awesomeness.

Now, was it weird that kagura and minerva were on the level with erza after erza used her second origin? Back during the phanton lord arc jose mentioned erza would have been a good match for him had she been on full strength. Jose was a mage supposed to be actually close to makarov in terms of strength. So what are the odds that someone from erza's age would match erza's strength? Its unlikely but minerva and kagura proved to be on part with the erza we knew. Now, what were the odds of mages of her age appearing that would match erza after second origin? Things get more complicated taking that in consideration.

Anyways, as far as laxus vs jura things are in a similar boat. Laxus is and has always been stronger than erza (unless second origin made that much of a difference and even overcame laxus 3 months worth of training). Even back then it wouldn't have been that strange if he kept up with gildarts to some extent. Now laxus had 3 months worth of training which apparently did make a huge difference. Through most of the fight jura did seem to be the superior one however in the end laxus did land a DS ougi which is basically the device which has been used to defeat a number of people up until now. For some reason I am surprised laxus can use DS ougi, I think this is the first time we have seen that from a lachrima DS.

suraj5898
March 01, 2013, 07:50 AM

what did she do that u r angry on her ????

So lots of moments, lots of top level action. But, what just happened? Fairy Tail looks to go from getting thrown around to destroying their foes. If Jura was defeated, and Erza has just gotten serious, this tournament is over. I'm unsure about how I feel at the moment, I'm going to wait it out.

.....Ok, it was kind of awesome FT-style.

next chapter is last for this fights

GomuGomu_Getsuga
March 01, 2013, 08:03 AM
I'm not surprised at all by Laxus's win. My big brother honestly thought that Jura would win but I already knew how strong Laxus was. We argued for like an hour on which was stronger and now I get to rub it in his face. Laxus has shown that he was stronger than Makarov since when he fought Hades. Having the use of Fairy Law is just icing on the cake.

Erza only now using her second origin makes perfect sense to me. For a while, I thought Natsu had completely surpassed her in strength. Her feats didn't quite match up to his until now.

The only thing I didn't like about this chapter was how Laxus's fight was shortened. Of all the useless battles lately, this is not the one that should be shortened.

Krono
March 01, 2013, 08:04 AM
Two things I'd like to point out. 1) like I said last week, Erza wasn't not out of magic. Please keep that in mind next time she or anyone else looks tired and injured and you're tempted to claim thy're out of magic. 2) Minerva took at least three hits from Erza this chapter. Please remember that in the future when you're tempted to claim that Erza one shot Minerva.

KingOfNight
March 01, 2013, 08:49 AM
Don't know what I was expecting of this manga. Laxus Vs Jura ended in half a chapter :fail

And the super ultimate Secret Dragon Slayer art...is a punch. Very VERY creative.

Mavis...shut the fuck up...Please.

Erza...:epicfacepalm

Where are those dragons ? Bring them here and have them slaughter everyone one of those Fairy Tail clowns.

AlexGK
March 01, 2013, 08:52 AM
Now that the chapter is out it feels even worse... how can anyone possibly call this pile of crap storytelling? But its not like I had much hope storywise anyway. Great art, thats all we will ever get out of this manga, so Im done with my rant.

Worst part - Laxus as Natsu fanboy... that one hurt to read :(

Newkerzy
March 01, 2013, 08:54 AM
Anyways, as far as laxus vs jura things are in a similar boat. Laxus is and has always been stronger than erza (unless second origin made that much of a difference and even overcame laxus 3 months worth of training). Even back then it wouldn't have been that strange if he kept up with gildarts to some extent. Now laxus had 3 months worth of training which apparently did make a huge difference. Through most of the fight jura did seem to be the superior one however in the end laxus did land a DS ougi which is basically the device which has been used to defeat a number of people up until now. For some reason I am surprised laxus can use DS ougi, I think this is the first time we have seen that from a lachrima DS.

I'm surprised as well. It could be that Mavis gave him some hints to figure out the secret technique (from what Mavis knows) After all, Mavis seems to know a lot more about the secrets of magic than she lets on. Or he just made it up on his own.

kkck
March 01, 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm not surprised at all by Laxus's win. My big brother honestly thought that Jura would win but I already knew how strong Laxus was. We argued for like an hour on which was stronger and now I get to rub it in his face. Laxus has shown that he was stronger than Makarov since when he fought Hades. Having the use of Fairy Law is just icing on the cake.

Erza only now using her second origin makes perfect sense to me. For a while, I thought Natsu had completely surpassed her in strength. Her feats didn't quite match up to his until now.

The only thing I didn't like about this chapter was how Laxus's fight was shortened. Of all the useless battles lately, this is not the one that should be shortened.

I don't think that what we saw against hades is enough indication that laxus even now is even as strong as makarov to be honest. From the moment the fight against hades started the guy was evidently not serious to the point where the gang after all their battles somehow appeared to put up a fight against him. Hades for the most part was just having fun with them. And to be fair even the fire lightning dragon did not actually do anything to hades, it was a simple matter for hades to further power up. Makarov has been a standard of power since the manga begun and even now neither jura nor gildarts (who have been compared to each other) have been said to be as powerful as makarov.

tobeulp
March 01, 2013, 09:18 AM
I don't really care about on how Laxus win and the second origin of Erza the only thing I don't like is the pace it is too fast if you can give 2-3 chapter of Erza fighting and 2-3 chapters on Gazille fighting why don't make 2-3 chapters on the Laxus vs Jura fight well the good side of this is we can see the dragons faster now that the tournament is already close to finish... I hope that they make the Gray and Juvia fight in 1 chapter rather than short pages

THM Nindo
March 01, 2013, 09:32 AM
I like Fairy Tail!
So much awesomeness.

Although, I'm not entirely satisfied with Laxus win, I'm okay with it.
It's part of what I like and don't like about Fairy Tail: every fight always end up lasting 1 or 2 chapters maximum.

When you compare it to Naruto where a fight can be 30-40 chapters...
That makes the fight seems really simple (makes the author look lazy), but on the other end, it makes the pacing of the story much more enjoyable!

Chris38
March 01, 2013, 09:36 AM
manga stream's version is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/66577964/1

exacta
March 01, 2013, 09:46 AM
Oh God.......Mashima made Laxus say he's getting "fired up"....:facepalm

And Laxus' secret art is a freaking falcon punch.....I don't get how he managed to beat Jura. Mashima offscreened the last parts of the fight so I literally have no idea what he did and why Jura was hit by something as simple as a punch. He didn't even use nakama power. And Jura made Jellal resort to that crazy spell.....when it all it takes is a punch? And Erza was holding back this entire time? That's stupid, why would she wait this long and let herself get beaten up that badly.....apparently Second Origin has to be acivated? So does that mean Natsu and Gray were holding back? Damn you Ultear......

Freid
March 01, 2013, 09:49 AM
My favorite part was Fried feeling the power. He's such a fan boy :teehee
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6075/friedo.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/friedo.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Still, I personally liked the fight and I can just about swallow Jura's defeat at the hands of Laxus. There have been worse injustices in the manga imo.

Zasz
March 01, 2013, 09:50 AM
Honestly people who says that they don't expect much storywise from FT just because a chapter disappointed them make me laugh; at least say it when the manga is over.
Sorry if I offended someone but I just couldn't hold it in.
Having said this, yeah, Laxus' fight was somewhat strange, because it didn't even last more than two chapter, but that punch (?) was epic.
Didn't expect Erza to release her Second Origin, also because I tought she was already in this "Mode"; guess that also Juvia and Gray will release it now.
Well guess I said everything; now I can't wait to read the next chapter, which will have 36 pages. :hee

Raicrune
March 01, 2013, 09:55 AM
Not sure if this is mentioned yet but..hm first page milliana with something weird on her back? Could that be lector?

Athrin
March 01, 2013, 09:57 AM
So Roaring Thunder is just a punch? Look Natsu, has like 5 Secret Arts and his worst one looks better than Roaring Thunder. And Ezra activating Second Origin? When was this possible? Since when did she gain such an understanding of Arc of Time that she knew this and no one else didn't? I'm sorry, but this is clearly Mashima trying to finish this tournament fast and he's doing that by pulling a lot of random ish from the air.

Krono
March 01, 2013, 09:59 AM
Didn't expect Erza to release her Second Origin, also because I tought she was already in this "Mode"; guess that also Juvia and Gray will release it now.

I'm pretty certain that Erza was the only one holding back on using Second Origin. Makarov remarked on Natsu's power increase due to Second Origin, and Natsu's been notable more powerful. Jet and Droy commented on how powerful Gray's attack was, and his ice make constructs have been bigger and more detailed. Juvia herself said the attack she threw people out of the Naval Battle sphere with was something she could do due to Second Origin. Lucy was unable to summon two spirits at once before Second Origin but did so casually during her tournament appearances this arc. Only one without a clear indication is Wendy, but I'm pretty sure she was using it as well.

exacta
March 01, 2013, 10:05 AM
So I guess Jura just decided to go mano-e-mano and have a fist fight with Laxus? Instead of summoning mountains and giant rock fists, a giant rock goddess or the eruption attack that raped the MGF? Awwwww phooey.....ironic thing is, apparently Mashima originally planned the first round to have Jura and Laxus fight and have a tie. Well that's according to Fairy Tail wiki at the bottom of the Grand Magic Games page lol.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Not sure if this is mentioned yet but..hm first page milliana with something weird on her back? Could that be lector?

Probably. Hope Sting takes a dump on all of FT's remaining members, would only make sense. Someone mentioned that if Sting meets Lector he might decide to just give up though....he'll probably finish off almost everyone, and then when he's about to finish the leader, he'll see Lector and surrender. Yup....

llamapie
March 01, 2013, 10:13 AM
So I guess Jura just decided to go mano-e-mano and have a fist fight with Laxus? Instead of summoning mountains and giant rock fists, a giant rock goddess or the eruption attack that raped the MGF? Awwwww phooey.....ironic thing is, apparently Mashima originally planned the first round to have Jura and Laxus fight and have a tie. Well that's according to Fairy Tail wiki at the bottom of the Grand Magic Games page lol.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Probably. Hope Sting takes a dump on all of FT's remaining members, would only make sense. Someone mentioned that if Sting meets Lector he might decide to just give up though....he'll probably finish off almost everyone, and then when he's about to finish the leader, he'll see Lector and surrender. Yup....

Ya all of FT's remaining members are shot to hell, I don't see how anyone can fight sting even if he didn't power up at all. But I think Natsu's words will resonate with him as they did somewhat with Rogue. The idea of "comrades". A mere refusal to let his shit guild win seems likely.

Krono
March 01, 2013, 10:32 AM
But this spoiler is confirmed???
I ask because in the chapter there is not any hint about the fight between Sting and Gazille.

It's some Chinese person's prediction for chapter 322. So no, it's not confirmed.

liductan
March 01, 2013, 11:07 AM
Honestly, I am a bit surprise that people didn't expect this at all. I saw this coming less than a mile away and it did happen. Only worse than I thought, I didn't know what power up Erza would revcieve..Now she has the time to release second origin.. I didn't expect juvia to..well..beaten up?
She's more than enough for cheria, that annoying little girl.
The worse part in this whole chapter was, when laxus decided to quote one of natsu's phrases. EPIC FAIL! Even after all of this, I can't stop laughing, just once I wanted to be surprise...

tobirama
March 01, 2013, 11:13 AM
why cant FT members lose!!!!!!!!! i mean :gwah just one important fight
the fights have lost suspense with jura l:notamusedosing its confirmed human mages are pawnage for fariytail members :smack

kuroSaki_Ichi
March 01, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm ok with Laxus' fight, the reason is I got to see some lighting dragon slayer techniques. I've always loved his ds abilities and I've always wondered if the author forgot them because this is the first time he's actually spoken the words "lighting ds...." for attacking :3

henry17
March 01, 2013, 11:36 AM
Just figured out a plausible scenario...
Right now fairy tail is +1 from sabertooth. If Erza, Grey and Juvia win then fairy tail goes to +8.
Then its gonna be Sting worth 1pt and Fairy Tail worth 9pts. See the difference?
Sting is gonna beat 4/5 members of fairy tail (including the captain) and its gonna go down to the final battle for the 1pt of difference!!

p.s: Some of you will say that minerva might not be the captain but it doesn't matter, it's just the same but with different order of points.

TauCarlos
March 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
Earlier I said this chapter would be it for me but to be honest my love for this manga was gone ages ago. Now I just continue to read it for how addictively bad it is. Every chapter you think couldn't get worse just continues to roll. Anyway I'm gonna guess that shadow like thing that gave rogue power is going to meet up with sting which is why mashima is going to have either 4 or 5 FT members fight him. Obviously though Ft will win or the fight is interrupted.

maravish
March 01, 2013, 12:04 PM
You have a great fight like Laxus vs Jura, and you end it with a few panels. really?

also, what is 'second origin'?

henry17
March 01, 2013, 12:36 PM
You have a great fight like Laxus vs Jura, and you end it with a few panels. really?

also, what is 'second origin'?

Second origin is explained a few chapters before the start of daimatu enbu arc.

Moogle Mango
March 01, 2013, 12:41 PM
This chapter was a little too fast for my taste. As others have mentioned, Laxus fight with Jura just ended up in a fist fight imbued with magic. I'd figure that characters as powerful as these two would have more destructive power that didn't revolve around their firsts, or kicks for that matter. As for Laxus' secret technique, it looks like he is mixing a shout with a punch.

Erza's fight with Minerva is going to end next chapter, if it hasn't already.

coolerthanzerok
March 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm actually thinking that after all the current battles are won that Sting is gonna come in and beat on everyone, and with the last member of Fairy Tail he's going to simultaneous KO, mainly because of the "unthinkable result" the princess alluded to. I don't think Fairy Tail merely winning would be an unthinkable and bizarre outcome, at this point. But an actual tie in such a competition would be.

kkck
March 01, 2013, 01:21 PM
So Roaring Thunder is just a punch? Look Natsu, has like 5 Secret Arts and his worst one looks better than Roaring Thunder. And Ezra activating Second Origin? When was this possible? Since when did she gain such an understanding of Arc of Time that she knew this and no one else didn't? I'm sorry, but this is clearly Mashima trying to finish this tournament fast and he's doing that by pulling a lot of random ish from the air.

Natsu has 2 hidden DS techniques, the exploding fire blade which he uses to defeat laxus and the fire fist which he uses to defeat gajeel. Natsu has far from five secret arts. And it makes sense, most DS techniques we have seen are equivalent to one another, laxus simply used his equivalent to what we have seen natsu use before. It does seem like the tournament is being rushed though.

kwevli
March 01, 2013, 01:29 PM
The most "unexpected result" they keep talking about is probably this:
Right now it's Fairy tail 56, Sabertooth 55.
Lyon and chelia will lose and the Minerva will lose so fairy tail gets +7
At this point sting will take down all the weakened fairy tail members netting sabertooth 9 points, making it fairy tail 63 and sabertooth 64

llamapie
March 01, 2013, 01:38 PM
Only complaint is that the fight was way too fast. Only explanation is that Mashima is making it as unimportant as it seems now. All of this will be a side story to whats going on in the castle.

-Ken-
March 01, 2013, 01:50 PM
The only complaint I have is that the fight between Luxus and Jura doesn't take the entire chapter and got stole screen time by other fight.

Erza power up? No complaints there AT ALL. Second Origin release>>>>>>>>>>Nakama power up.

Gray have release his already. It's already mentioned in the very first round..

SK-Hao
March 01, 2013, 01:54 PM
OK so Erza shouted second origin when she released it. Does this mean no one else has used it yet, or that no one esle bothers to shout it out and are just using it more secretly?

Also if you think Sting is going to suddenly start kicking FT ass just remember that Gajeel just beat Rogue easily even with his new shadow power when Natsu was enough to solo both of them solo, so I dont see Sting getting 5-10x stronger just because his cat died.

EMS
March 01, 2013, 02:00 PM
one thing to say about this chapter, it was awesome, it couldn't stop reading it and i could feel my blood going through my body i mean read 3 different scenarios where the fairy tail is making their come back in their fights

Quenser
March 01, 2013, 02:47 PM
It was expected that Erza would make use of something like the Second Origin to rise her chances of defeating Minerva - it was mentioned she had access to it long before Urtear's offer to unlock it for Natsu & co. What surprised me is that she used a verbal release - I mean, wasn't 2nd Origin something you use unconsciously? An additional power up for a mage, which maximizes his/her magical energy capacity and strength or a reservoir of magic one could use when his first source runs dry? I'm kinda puzzled now... Well, I guess Erza is Erza, she HAS to be different :XD

About Laxus vs. Jura : I feel a bit disappointed too, but I liked how both of them was taking the fight seriously. Even if Jura's defeat is a bit suspicious , I think I can accept such an outcome - maybe he didn't want to cast his most powerful spells ( Meido Fugaku etc. ) to defeat Laxus because he admired his opponent's strong will and determination.

Gray & Juvia are going to exploit Lyon & Chelai weakness? Unison Raid , incoming :toc

gaston42
March 01, 2013, 02:47 PM
Sting might be able to catch Gray and Juvia offguard, maybe even Erza given her current state. However I don't see him taking down Gajeel that easily, and I'm not even taking about Laxus.

If Sabertooth wins, it would be either because :
- Fairy Tail let them win (after some nakama talk with Sting). They have already shown who's the boss and don't care about a frigging tournament. However that would mean no prize money, and no change to 'legally' free Lucy (it's a bit too late for that anyway :D ), so It's unlikely.
- Fairy Tail is disqualified at the last moment, either because of a Mystogan = Jellial revelation or because of Natsu's gang trashing Mercurius. Bonus points if it's announced when the 5 FT members are preparing to gang up on Sting ^^

Zasz
March 01, 2013, 03:01 PM
Am I the only one who found strange that Minerva said "bastard" to Erza with that language?
Could it be a draconic language? Just saying. XD
Anyway, the one under Milliana's mantle is without a doubt Lector (what a lucky guy :derp).

EMS
March 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
lecter is hiding in milla's dress lol, it looks that if sting find out he fight at all i mean erza will defeat minerva and i think the unexpected out come is fairy tail winning without any defeat after being the weakest of all the guilds in the past 7 years..

Quenser
March 01, 2013, 03:13 PM
Anyway, the one under Milliana's mantle is without a doubt Lector (what a lucky guy :derp).

And this was how Sting found out about what Lector does in his free time. :lmao

EMS
March 01, 2013, 03:25 PM
that sound to me more an expel that she is saying..

THM Nindo
March 01, 2013, 03:41 PM
At this point sting will take down all the weakened fairy tail members netting sabertooth 9 points, making it fairy tail 63 and sabertooth 64

I agree with you, that is what the author seems to be going for with the whole "Sting will beat everyone" feeling we have from him in past chapters.

But... that would mean that Sabertooth would win!?! :s

Morlun
March 01, 2013, 03:55 PM
Considering that the "Daimatou Enbu Climax" is the next chapter, I don't suppose Sting will beat the entire guild in 36 pages.

Heck, I don't think he'd ever beat Erza or Laxus, period. He'll probably attack Gajeel thinking he's easy pickings and end up on the floor right next to Rogue.

Fairy Tail, flawless victory.

REN KOUEN
March 01, 2013, 04:00 PM
boo this whole chapter should have been laxus vs jura

i feel like mashma is in too much of a rush to squeeze material in

Morlun
March 01, 2013, 04:08 PM
I agree with that sentiment. Laxus vs Jura should have been bigger, longer, better. And I hope the anime makes it so, and animates the hell out of it.

Beatrice
March 01, 2013, 04:39 PM

Yeah, mentioned this some posts ago as well.

IMO it's possible Lector saves Fairy Tail after Sting has defeated 4 making it 63 to 63, the "last one standing" being Erza.

moripr
March 01, 2013, 04:44 PM
I think that Sting will see Lector save and sound and will retaliate against Minerva with both beeing K'Od at the same time.

exacta
March 01, 2013, 06:20 PM
why cant FT members lose!!!!!!!!! i mean :gwah just one important fight
the fights have lost suspense with jura l:notamusedosing its confirmed human mages are pawnage for fariytail members :smack

Yeah I now have zero interest in the other Four Saints aside from their design and what kind of magic they use.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

It doesn't really make much sense to me that Orga could get one-shot and Laxus can actually manage to beat Jura, when Laxus and Orga were even when Jura arrived.......I can believe Laxus wasn't going all out, but even so if an opponent of that level could harm Laxus I don't see how he could ever overcome someone who could defeat that opponent in one shot with a simple punch. Whatever though, now I just want to see what Sting will do and finally Arcadios in battle with his badass armor.

Bailey
March 01, 2013, 06:36 PM
2nd Origin confuses me now. I thought the 2nd Origin is a hidden Magic Container. I Imagined it as something like a Bottle. Instead of only having 1Bottle of magic the magican can use now 2 bottles of magic all the time. I didnt thought its something that you have to "activate" i thought it's there all the time passive.

it doesnt makes sence to me that erza could "activate" 2nd origin.
http://i26.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/263/fairy-tail-2867909.jpg

liductan
March 01, 2013, 06:42 PM
I know what you mean, it was explained completely different. I doubt we will get an explanation for this... It will be skip and fast forward to the eclipse plan..

EMS
March 01, 2013, 07:24 PM
We got trolled by masashi with orga and laxus vs jura last a half chapter and after 10 punches the fight was done:gwah it should last at lesst 3 chspters..

kashmiri786
March 01, 2013, 08:53 PM
Maybe second origin can only be activated when the first 'container' reaches 'zero'. Maybe that's why Erza is the only one who has verbally activated it? Chapter was good kind of quick though. #My2cents

Tenacious Weezy
March 01, 2013, 09:17 PM
This chapter sucks infact I'd say any chapter without the appropriate Lucy fan service is shite.

EMS
March 01, 2013, 09:58 PM
It was a good chapter to me but the fights are way to short,we cannot enjoy the techniques and tactics because the author just finished by a few punches..

SerpentTailedAngel
March 01, 2013, 11:19 PM
fairytail is official the worst manga every written. Even bleach doesn't have that much bs innet.

I think you mean 'in it'

I actually didn't mind the chapter. I sort of assumed that was just didn't see most of the Laxus match, which I am not complaining about. At all. I would have prefered he and Orga double team Jura, but if Orga got knocked out last week then Laxus still had to win. I'd rather Erza not make a total comeback against Minerva, so I'm hoping Sting hops in there, but if not... well... I'm sure I'll have more of a reaction if that possibility becomes reality. I don't know. Other than Lector being with Mili there wasn't anything I was wild about, but I didn't hate any of it.

DR.DOOM
March 01, 2013, 11:45 PM
You what pisses me off that Mavis is there doing commentary about nakama power and happy heart all that rubbish, she just needs to go back in her grave. Good riddance, this manga is full of rubbish nakama power up. How in god's name, Ezra badly injured, and all of sudden activates second origin, what rubbish is that? Jura losing so easily, there was no hard work between jura and Lexus and so called stupid ten wizard saint idea. Mashima is clearly off track here. Just like in bleach Kubo killed all the espadas so easily same thing is happening here, Ten wizard saints my ass. No one ever loses in Fairy tail, really bad writing.

SK-Hao
March 02, 2013, 12:07 AM
^ If you dont like the manga don't read it. Laxus has always been super strong now was just an opportunity for everyone to see that. Althoug I agree that the fight should have lasted way longer at least a full chapter dedicated to that fight.
And Erza is just being a badass by just now releasing her second origin, she has basically been holding back this whole time.

REN KOUEN
March 02, 2013, 12:28 AM
I dont get why people complain that ft cant lose

didnt we see lucy get her butt kicked twice?

Newkerzy
March 02, 2013, 12:32 AM
Natsu has 2 hidden DS techniques, the exploding fire blade which he uses to defeat laxus and the fire fist which he uses to defeat gajeel. Natsu has far from five secret arts. And it makes sense, most DS techniques we have seen are equivalent to one another, laxus simply used his equivalent to what we have seen natsu use before. It does seem like the tournament is being rushed though.

I also figured out that possibility. He may have created his version of Natsu's exploding flame blade with Roaring Thunder

Tonix
March 02, 2013, 12:52 AM
fairytail is official the worst manga every written. Even bleach doesn't have that much bs innet.

I just finished reading Fairy Tail today, and I think I agree with you. I don't feel any connection to any of the characters, besides maybe Happy and Zeref. This manga is just stereo-typical Shonen trash. Every arc follows the same formula:

a) Start a mission
b) Mission changes or is different than expected
c) Fairy Tail suffers set back and made to seem inferior to their opponents
d) Fairy Tail launches a counter attack (this is also sometimes where allies arrive or are made)
e) All Fairy Tail members are now stronger than their opponents and defeat them with "the last of their magic power"
f) Opponents turn out not to be defeated, everyone goes "oh no!"
g) Fairy Tail turns out to not be out of magic power
h) Opponents get re-defeated
i) the coolest enemies have a change of heart and become allies

Even Gerard and Zeref had the same fail moment when they tried to attack the current arc's villain in their 'unawakened' state. And as if it wasn't bad enough that Masashi followed the ultimate shonen trope by creating a tournament, it also looks like he is going to end it with an interruption in typical shonen fashion.

I feel like Fairy Tail had some potential when it started, but Masashi continuously sabotages it by refusing to use any reoccurring villains. The story would be far more interesting if the members of Fairy Tail were allowed to have rivals for more than one arc, I would be far more interested in Urtear and Gerard if they were still villains that Grey and Erza wanted to defeat/bring to justice. And what happened to Raven Tail? They had actual foreshadowing, and a connection to several Fairy Tail members, but all they managed to do was get single-handedly defeated by Luxus, and then never heard from again.

But my biggest problem with Fairy Tail is the same one that I have with Bleach. It's main character doesn't have a real/relate-able dream/goal that inspires them to get stronger, but are instead strong because of plot. Everyone is always interested in Natsu because they know he has some sort of magic destiny/hidden potential, just like how Ichigo is only strong because of his parentage. Its terribly boring to watch a bunch of fights when the only reason Fairy Tail ever has to fight is to protect their friends, or beat up someone who hurt their friends. That's what make Bleach and Fairy Tail inferior to One Piece and Naruto, Luffy's and Naruto's fights and training actually bring them closer to achieving their dreams, unlike in Fairy Tail and Bleach where fights just serve to clear away enemies in order to make room for new enemies.

The only thing that could be considered a dream or goal is Natsu's desire to see Igneel again, but its been over 300 chapters and Natsu hasn't gotten any closer to finding him, but instead seems to be stuck just waiting for Igneel to show up again. At this point in Naruto and One Piece, Luffy and Naruto had undergone actual growth and had actually grown closer to their dreams.

DR.DOOM
March 02, 2013, 01:52 AM
I just finished reading Fairy Tail today, and I think I agree with you. I don't feel any connection to any of the characters, besides maybe Happy and Zeref. This manga is just stereo-typical Shonen trash. Every arc follows the same formula:

a) Start a mission
b) Mission changes or is different than expected
c) Fairy Tail suffers set back and made to seem inferior to their opponents
d) Fairy Tail launches a counter attack (this is also sometimes where allies arrive or are made)
e) All Fairy Tail members are now stronger than their opponents and defeat them with "the last of their magic power"
f) Opponents turn out not to be defeated, everyone goes "oh no!"
g) Fairy Tail turns out to not be out of magic power
h) Opponents get re-defeated
i) the coolest enemies have a change of heart and become allies

Even Gerard and Zeref had the same fail moment when they tried to attack the current arc's villain in their 'unawakened' state. And as if it wasn't bad enough that Masashi followed the ultimate shonen trope by creating a tournament, it also looks like he is going to end it with an interruption in typical shonen fashion.

I feel like Fairy Tail had some potential when it started, but Masashi continuously sabotages it by refusing to use any reoccurring villains. The story would be far more interesting if the members of Fairy Tail were allowed to have rivals for more than one arc, I would be far more interested in Urtear and Gerard if they were still villains that Grey and Erza wanted to defeat/bring to justice. And what happened to Raven Tail? They had actual foreshadowing, and a connection to several Fairy Tail members, but all they managed to do was get single-handedly defeated by Luxus, and then never heard from again.

But my biggest problem with Fairy Tail is the same one that I have with Bleach. It's main character doesn't have a real/relate-able dream/goal that inspires them to get stronger, but are instead strong because of plot. Everyone is always interested in Natsu because they know he has some sort of magic destiny/hidden potential, just like how Ichigo is only strong because of his parentage. Its terribly boring to watch a bunch of fights when the only reason Fairy Tail ever has to fight is to protect their friends, or beat up someone who hurt their friends. That's what make Bleach and Fairy Tail inferior to One Piece and Naruto, Luffy's and Naruto's fights and training actually bring them closer to achieving their dreams, unlike in Fairy Tail and Bleach where fights just serve to clear away enemies in order to make room for new enemies.

The only thing that could be considered a dream or goal is Natsu's desire to see Igneel again, but its been over 300 chapters and Natsu hasn't gotten any closer to finding him, but instead seems to be stuck just waiting for Igneel to show up again. At this point in Naruto and One Piece, Luffy and Naruto had undergone actual growth and had actually grown closer to their dreams.

I have to agree with your statement it is not just that but the worst thing is the S class mages in Fairy tail never lose, the write make them even come back from the dead and I have no idea why that daft mavis ghost is doing here, just go back to sleep or just get her out of the manga. She is annoying as hell. Mavis saved FT that's her mission is done, just make her go now. I feel like all the shounen authors have the same basic formula which nakama power and rubbish storyline.

I can understand Ichigo, he is the worst main character I've ever seen and now Fairy tails is following it's footsteps.FT went downhill for me when natsu defeated ZERO. He never loses and if he loses he starts crying, I mean really.

liductan
March 02, 2013, 01:57 AM
Honestly I AGREE with all your points..Only I don't understand why a few people are so mad. They are complaining this is it or I hate this. I could say, why are you still here? I am not going to throw that out there...yet
because it takes a lot to give up something you're devoted to. Instead, drop your expectations...This manga requires patience and TOLERANCE. If you don't use those two qualities, then it would be best if you move on. I read this every week knowing what I am getting myself into and keeping my expectations short. That way, I can enjoy this story from time to time.Despite this week's chapter, I still love this manga.

oh yeah..almost forgot.. This is FT's thread.Lets be fair and judge it by it's own uniqueness, comparing it with other mangas to make look inferior is ...not appropriate and best if we keep a can of worms from opening up.

Let's keep it moving..When natsu and co get out the castle already?

Tonix
March 02, 2013, 02:38 AM
Also:
I really don't like that EVERY villain says, "Vanish" or, "Disappear" before they use an attack. That was only cool the first time.

I have to agree with your statement it is not just that but the worst thing is the S class mages in Fairy tail never lose, the write make them even come back from the dead and I have no idea why that daft mavis ghost is doing here, just go back to sleep or just get her out of the manga. She is annoying as hell. Mavis saved FT that's her mission is done, just make her go now. I feel like all the shounen authors have the same basic formula which nakama power and rubbish storyline.

I can understand Ichigo, he is the worst main character I've ever seen and now Fairy tails is following it's footsteps.FT went downhill for me when natsu defeated ZERO. He never loses and if he loses he starts crying, I mean really.
I actually don't really mind Mavis, her character is kind of fun, and I assume she's just here for the duration of the tournament before she heads back to her island, so her presence is easy to tolerate. And its not like she's going to fight anyone so you don't have to worry about her getting an ass-pull power up :p

One of the problems with the S class mages (and characters in general) is that they have no fixed power level, they are always exactly as strong or weak as they need to be for whatever needs to happen in the story, and once you've realized that there is no drama or tension in any of the fights.

Honestly I AGREE with all your points..Only I don't understand why a few people are so mad. They are complaining this is it or I hate this. I could say, why are you still here? I am not going to throw that out there...yet
because it takes a lot to give up something you're devoted to. Instead, drop your expectations...This manga requires patience and TOLERANCE. If you don't use those two qualities, then it would be best if you move on. I read this every week knowing what I am getting myself into and keeping my expectations short. That way, I can enjoy this story from time to time.
Lol you don't have to 'throw me out', 2 days is all I really want to waste on this manga right now. I think I'm probably going to stop reading Fairy Tail for awhile, maybe until its finished all together before I start reading it again. Its already hard enough to deal with Bleach and Naruto disappointing me every other week, without adding another mediocre manga to the mix.

But don't let me stop you from tuning in every week for the ridiculous amount of fanservice that gets piled into this manga. :p

Morlun
March 02, 2013, 03:48 AM
Meh. Want deep manga? Read seinen, not shounen. Want Fairy Tail to lose? Read a shounen named Phantom Lord, or Sabertooth, or something.

Turning out every week expecting Fairy Tail to lose... complaining about "nakama power" when it has been shown since the beginning that feelings power-up magic, and outright said not too long ago (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/261/12) that feelings will be the key to unlock the One Magic, whatever that is... that's silly. Might as well complain that those Jedi guys can move things with their mind.

Is Fairy Tail a perfect manga? No, far from it. It's entertaining, sometimes more, sometimes less. The challenge of delivering a continuous story (non-stop for what... over 7 years now?) is not easy. All we have to do is read it for 2~10 minutes a week and then talk about it. It takes the writers a bit more time than that. So if it is sometimes rushed, meh. In a 7 year run, they are entitled to slumps.

Could this chapter have been better? Yes it could. But to complain every week about how it sucks that the main characters always win on a shounen? Fairy Tail is supposed to be entertaining. I feel entertained. It did its job. Not to mention, we're reading it for free. If you get nothing from this manga, well, you get what you pay for. Anything else is a bonus.

These threads also used to be entertaining. Now they are all "bullshit this", "worst chapter ever" that. I don't feel entertained anymore. I think I'll stop reading.

If you decide to take a hint from that, and apply it on, I don't know, anything that you are reading for free and not liking it, well, kudos to you. Take the time you are wasting reading something you clearly dislike, and try new stories that may appeal to you more. It will be better for you.

SK-Hao
March 02, 2013, 03:52 AM
Hey the babes are what keep FT going dont have any delusions about that. It seems to me all the fights lately have been rushed and the real content has been pushed to the side (dragons coming and natsu and crew with future lucy still stalled in castle) the real fun comes in the twists which are sure to follow.

Newkerzy
March 02, 2013, 04:48 AM
Meh. Want deep manga? Read seinen, not shounen. Want Fairy Tail to lose? Read a shounen named Phantom Lord, or Sabertooth, or something.

Turning out every week expecting Fairy Tail to lose... complaining about "nakama power" when it has been shown since the beginning that feelings power-up magic, and outright said not too long ago (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/261/12) that feelings will be the key to unlock the One Magic, whatever that is... that's silly. Might as well complain that those Jedi guys can move things with their mind.

Is Fairy Tail a perfect manga? No, far from it. It's entertaining, sometimes more, sometimes less. The challenge of delivering a continuous story (non-stop for what... over 7 years now?) is not easy. All we have to do is read it for 2~10 minutes a week and then talk about it. It takes the writers a bit more time than that. So if it is sometimes rushed, meh. In a 7 year run, they are entitled to slumps.

Could this chapter have been better? Yes it could. But to complain every week about how it sucks that the main characters always win on a shounen? Fairy Tail is supposed to be entertaining. I feel entertained. It did its job. Not to mention, we're reading it for free. If you get nothing from this manga, well, you get what you pay for. Anything else is a bonus.

These threads also used to be entertaining. Now they are all "bullshit this", "worst chapter ever" that. I don't feel entertained anymore. I think I'll stop reading.

If you decide to take a hint from that, and apply it on, I don't know, anything that you are reading for free and not liking it, well, kudos to you. Take the time you are wasting reading something you clearly dislike, and try new stories that may appeal to you more. It will be better for you.

That's the consequences of an expanding fanbase.....

Morlun
March 02, 2013, 05:06 AM
That's the consequences of an expanding fanbase.....

True. And the consequences of the diminishing fanbase, apparently, are the cancellation of the anime. :(

shnugin
March 02, 2013, 08:46 AM
I liked it. It may be predictable but its still entertaining and we all know that these fights can only drag out so far and Fairy Tail will eventually come out on top. Laxus kicked ass! Erza busting out super saiyan 2, Gray and Juvia finally coming together, why complain? this manga is awesome!

cleodux
March 02, 2013, 09:47 AM
To those of you who are complaining about how generic Fairy Tail is. I am not sure if you ever read his previous work RAVE. His style and formula (hell even the arc concept) is still the same, only that in Fairy Tail he throws in more fan service and a little amount of trolling (Kubo is still no.1) oh and a very large cast of characters.

In RAVE there was this time travel arc with super plot twist~revealed whateveryounameit. I am sure if Mashima is going to do time travel arc with Fairy Tail, he will blows your mind(or blows your computer to pieces because you read it so bad and throw it outside the window) Sieghart <3

Well anyway... I mean... Fairy Tail is a light manga. Its typical shounen. Its entertaining on its own. And is the only manga that i follow weekly. I do read OP, Bleach etc. but not weekly as FT, because I know, every FT chapter always has some lol moments. Thats enough for me lol.

Mashima also likes to pair his characters. Its a girl dream to read shounen with the characters actually pairing up for real (canon).

Ok now my thought about the latest chapter. Am I the only one who lol when Erza releases her secon origin mode? I have this thought that second origin is just an additional extra container to pool your magic mana permanently. Not a power level that need to be released. Now that she released her second origin. Minerva surely is screwed. Wait so when she fought those monsters inside the Pandemonium she didn't use her true power... those monster are fodders lol. Looks like Natsu still has a long way to go to defeat Erza lol.

When Gray asked Juvia to combine their power (unison raid) my mind was like yeah... everybody will go super saiyan. but so far he only said combine only. Not sure how they will do.

I am just curious who will fight with Sting-kun?

chess4
March 02, 2013, 10:12 AM
Markorov will die this arc.......We now see that Laxus is strong enought to lead the guild until Gildarts gets back.

biron
March 02, 2013, 10:34 AM
lolz
im sure someone mentioned it already but i dare repeat
its so obvious how this will go from here
FT defeats everyone, minerva is the leader, they get 63 points total
sting comes and mops the floor with tired FT members and sabertooth wins with 64 points
BIG SURPRISE

Newkerzy
March 02, 2013, 10:44 AM
Markorov will die this arc.......We now see that Laxus is strong enought to lead the guild until Gildarts gets back.

That's a pretty good assumption. Since RT and Ivan is more or less taken care of, Makarov probably doesn't have much of a role from now on. And now that Laxus has grown to be on par with a Wizard Saint and has also gone through significant character development, he's probably ready to take the title.

EMS
March 02, 2013, 01:24 PM
fairy tail being like the power of nakama since day one and it's far from perfection and there isn't really a perfect manga but the only thing that i can really see why people complained is the last few fights hasn't last to long and we being trolled with the matches as orga and jura vs laxus..

danzouismadara
March 02, 2013, 02:01 PM
amazing chapter! every1 going ape shit is fine with me. Just imagine if gildarts was competing. fairy tail will win and dragons will crash the party

Gats
March 02, 2013, 02:33 PM
I wish I could see more of Jellal's fights as Mystogan. His powers have some technicality that the majority of the mages in FT lack. The current fights just lack it, Gray/Juvia vs Lyon/Shelia had the biggest potential to show such a thing but nearly everything happened off panel. It could have been very enjoyable, unfortunately he already had his shining time against Rufus, but Juvia still had to prove herself panel wise, yet Mashima is still downplaying her.

I hope to see something more interesting from Erza than "I see through your magic" and miraculously slashing her opponent. I want more tactical fight from a swordswoman, even more against someone who can manipulate space.

-Ken-
March 02, 2013, 02:53 PM
So is Laxus on par with Gildarts now?

DR.DOOM
March 02, 2013, 10:26 PM
I wish I could see more of Jellal's fights as Mystogan. His powers have some technicality that the majority of the mages in FT lack. The current fights just lack it, Gray/Juvia vs Lyon/Shelia had the biggest potential to show such a thing but nearly everything happened off panel. It could have been very enjoyable, unfortunately he already had his shining time against Rufus, but Juvia still had to prove herself panel wise, yet Mashima is still downplaying her.

I hope to see something more interesting from Erza than "I see through your magic" and miraculously slashing her opponent. I want more tactical fight from a swordswoman, even more against someone who can manipulate space.

Please enough of this daft erza. I just want her to die. All the stupid speech she gave, her power is the guild power, it is beyond trolling and she always sees through her opponent's magic why in bloody hell the opponents can't see through her magic? Why every shounen author makes the opponent with no brains and arrogance.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I wouldn't be surprised if laxus one hit ko gildarts. He just defeated 5th most powerful so called wizard saint without any effort.

JunKisaragi
March 02, 2013, 11:03 PM
I don't think Minerva is the leader. My guess is that it's Sting.

Anyhow, I'm so excited for next week. I got the goosies seeing Minerva get slashed.

I don't care how she goes down. I don't care who does it. As long as she does go down, then it's all good. :D

Oh, and I hope Juvia and Gray brings out an awesome Unison Raid. The one in the anime didn't do it for me. :)

FaustXIII
March 03, 2013, 01:38 AM
Nice Boobs-Cleavage Exposing Armor :teehee

Demon Roronoa Zoro
March 03, 2013, 02:03 AM

No Gildarts would kick his punk ass. The only reason Jura lost is because not FT member.

MechR
March 03, 2013, 05:07 AM
I hope to see something more interesting from Erza than "I see through your magic" and miraculously slashing her opponent. I want more tactical fight from a swordswoman, even more against someone who can manipulate space.Using the smoke to get in range was smart, as far as it goes. Now if Minerva were smart, she should be teleporting the heck away instead of trying to fight back at close range.

FaustXIII
March 03, 2013, 06:05 AM

I don't think so.

MonkeyLuffy
March 03, 2013, 11:10 AM
ok i wanted to read the disscusion for this FT chapter...but 9 pages?Im too boring for this o.O

OK,the strongest man in the world,stronger than Makarov,just defeated in one chapter!I read some comments from FT fans,and im really happy that i see that there are FT fans that accepts and admits the BIG mistakes of Mashima.

Also,just noticed?Did Erza released the second origin?Does it means that all this time she used her original power,the same power that she had pre-time skip?Does it means the same for Natsu?LOL!LOLA!LOLITA!

Morlun
March 03, 2013, 01:53 PM
OK,the strongest man in the world,stronger than Makarov,just defeated in one chapter!I read some comments from FT fans,and im really happy that i see that there are FT fans that accepts and admits the BIG mistakes of Mashima.

Well, it seems that the other guys who didn't train with Natsu and company have second origin just the same (for instance, Gajeel), so Laxus probably has hit.

Before the timeskip, he was one of Fairy Tail's top 3, on par with Mystogan and below Gildartz. Additionally, he completely outclassed Hades, who completely outclassed Makarov (a Wizard Saint). Hades was clearly a monster.

It doesn't shock me that Laxus, after second origin, is on Wizard Saint level. Heck, way back when Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord were fighting, Jose Porla, a Wizard Saint, implied Erza wasn't too far below his level.

Also, he single-handedly took out the master of one of the most powerful Dark Guilds and the guild's elite. Granted, they didn't seem that strong, but maybe it was just that Laxus was way too strong.

I'll give you that the fights (both the ownage of Raven Tail and Laxus vs. Jura) should have been longer and better scripted. But the outcomes don't shock me.

Also,just noticed?Did Erza released the second origin?Does it means that all this time she used her original power,the same power that she had pre-time skip?Does it means the same for Natsu?LOL!LOLA!LOLITA!

Natsu probably not, he's too straightforward to keep that back. Erza, however, has probably been holding back second origin since before the manga began. :)

Marche
March 03, 2013, 03:48 PM
In the next chapter Erza will defeat Minerva (as I will write later I hope that she will humiliate her), while Gray and Lluvia will defeat Lyon and Chelia.
Then I believe all the members of Fairy Tail will reach Erza.
I believe that Sting is the leader of Sabertooth, not Minerva, a prove is that Minerva proposed him as next guildmaster and beside that at the beginning of this last fight Minerva said that he is the factor that will decide the destiny of Sabertooth http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/307/6.

When they will reunite Sting will attack them, he will defeat several opponents, but when only an opponent will remain, he will see Lector (he is hidden with Milliana http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/66577964/1) then he will stop, and counting that he already reached his goal (retrieve Lector), he will abandon the tournament, giving his points to Fairy Tail.
In the truth there is the possibility that after defeating Lyon and Chelia for some reason both Gray and Lluvia, or at least only one of them would collapse.
Another possibility is that Sting would see Lector before starting to attack them, so he will not attack and Fairy Tail will win with all the member still standing.

To tell you the truth I already thought that this would have happened, even if the things would be different.
I believed that after defeating Rogue Gazille would have go to help Luxus against Jura, and even Lluvia and Gray would do the same after defeating Lyon and Chelia while Erza would have not go there, because I thought that she would have been defeated by Minerva (and then someone, one between Gazille and Lluvia would have defeated her) or at least after winning against her she would have collapse anyways.

Anyways in the truth I thought that Sting would have defeat all of them, but now I don’t think so anymore, for the fact that Lector is almost sure on Milliana’s back and because the next title is “Gloria”.
Infact I believe that if Sting would have won the title would be different, it would be “End of the tournament” or “The King”.

I was forgetting to say that I believe that in the next chapter I think that even Natsu and the others will defeat completely their enemy.

Tonix
March 03, 2013, 04:57 PM
ok i wanted to read the disscusion for this FT chapter...but 9 pages?Im too boring for this o.O

One of the cool things about Fairy Tail is that whenever someone says something about how strong another character is, you know its an outright lie. I guarantee Makarov and Jura will be shown to be stronger than the last 4 members of the council at some point down the line.

If Fairy Tail were race car drivers, I bet they would drive the whole race with their emergency brakes on, just so they could go a little faster on the final stretch.

kkck
March 03, 2013, 11:21 PM
Seeing the chapter I think sabertooth will end up winning this. Laxus just defeated jura which got him a respectable 5 points and erza is about to defeat minerva however the one thing which has yet to be accounted for is sting. Sting has not been involved in fights yet and recently got a boost in power because of his feelings or something. Being at his full strength he will be in a position where he will be able to defeat basically everyone left. Gajeel just ate shadow which means he is unlikely to stand for long which makes him an easy target. Laxus should be exhausted. Erza is hurt as she is. Grey and jubia are tired and hurt and will be in an even worst position if they finish their fight. Basically everything is getting into position for sting to just walk up to everyone and finish them off. I don't see any reason for him to just sit there and do nothing other than to steal victory in the worst possible way.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Thinking about it if the plan is to have sting take care of those left after the battles minerva might not even be the leader of sabertooth. It might as well be sting and minerva is just a distraction from him. If that is the case then defeating minerva would have worn out erza to this extent and it would have only gotten her a single point. And sting is still left to take out laxus or erza either of him could be the leader.

redhairSH
March 04, 2013, 01:28 PM

I doubt it, 3 months took laxus from s-class to wizard saint in terms of strength, gildartz was already above laxus, and now he's had 3 more months to get stronger, although since gildartz is going out and working and exploring as opposed to training, I would say Laxus improved more, not to say that he is as strong as gildartz now, but he has gotten much closer to gildartz level

I'm not sure if sting will come out and just take out all the injured survivors after all the fights are over, or if he will just appear and take out minerva

what was on milliana's back? was that lector?

Marche
March 04, 2013, 02:28 PM
Luxus vs Jura:
I liked this fight, at least the first part.
Infact at the beginning there is a fight about speed, very similar to that between Gerard and Jura in the first day, Luxus try to surprise Jura with his speed, and at the same time he is eable to evade all the attack of Jura.
Then it becomes a combat hand to hand, in a similar way to the fight with the fight between Elfman and Bacchus, it becomes a last standing match.

I even liked that after their last clash http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/66577964/10 Luxus while they take breath for a second ask to himself what would say Natsu.
I liked it because after he said that Jura is really a monster, I have got the impression for an instant that Luxus would have surrendered, but then remembering Luxus words, remembering that Natsu would have never gave up, on the contrary he would have been even more excited, even Luxus decide to prolong the fight.
What I did not liked about this fight is that Luxus did not used the “dragon force”, seem that Mashima has forgotten this.
But more than that I don’t liked that Mashima has not showed us what happened immediately before of the last attack of Luxus.

Even if I liked the part with Erza and even more the part between Gray and Lluvia, I think that Mashima should have showed that in the next chapters or after that Luxus defeated Jura, without changing the subject of the chapter.
In the truth could even be okay like that, but he should have showed us as I already above how Luxus was able to hit him.
For example Luxus could have been able to hit him because he decided to fly again and then Jura could not have seen Luxus (since he is really fast), another possibility is something like Erza with Minerva, Jura could not have seen it because Luxus may have been covered by a rock created by another explosion or by one formed by Jura.

Mavis:
I really liked what she said, when she spoke about the next generation, particularly when she said this “march forth young ones unfettered like wind gusting through a field… your boiling blood… sweat and tears are beautiful like the halo of the sun… never falter… march onward… and the path will reveal itself”.
I like this speech because it seem a poem.
Even if I liked it I would prefer anyways if even Mavis would be surprised by the fact that Luxus defeated Jura alone, since some chapters ago, at the beginning of this last day Mavis said that Jura so strong that she was not been able to came up with a strategy for stopping him.

Tonix
March 04, 2013, 02:51 PM
I don't want to be 'that guy' but why doesn't Luxus use Fairy Law in this round? Is it too perfect of a strategy for Mavis to think of?

Krono
March 04, 2013, 03:01 PM
I don't want to be 'that guy' but why doesn't Luxus use Fairy Law in this round? Is it too perfect of a strategy for Mavis to think of?

Because Fairy Law targets true enemies. The guilds in the tournament are just rivals in a competition. Most of them friendly rivals. Fairy Law would affect a few Sabertooth members, if anyone, and that's it. And generally be a huge drain on Laxus's magic for little return.

kuroSaki_Ichi
March 05, 2013, 02:27 AM
Can people STOP asking why can't laxus using Fairy Law? IT DOES NOT WORK on friendly fights, only TRUE enemies. I am so sick of people asking.

Tonix
March 05, 2013, 02:55 AM
Since when is Luxus friendly with anyone other than Fairy Tail members? He's always been a jerk to everyone. I thought the reason Fairy Law didn't work against Fairy Tail was because he secretly still loved them, I see no reason why it shouldn't work in this scenario, at least to eliminate Sabertooth.

SerpentTailedAngel
March 05, 2013, 03:34 AM
I think... the few times we've seen Fairy Law used or otherwise threatened, it has destroyed all targets or been treated as though it will kill or otherwise maim any humans caught in it (Only non shade I can think of was Jose, and they said that after Makarov used the spell on him he was too injured to work again) so it's not the sort of thing your break out for a spectator event.

Quenser
March 05, 2013, 07:45 AM

Because Fairy Law targets true enemies. The guilds in the tournament are just rivals in a competition. Most of them friendly rivals. Fairy Law would affect a few Sabertooth members, if anyone, and that's it. And generally be a huge drain on Laxus's magic for little return.

Yep, he doesn't consider members of Sabretooth or other guild that participate in this round as his true enemies that are a danger to his guild / friends well-being ( as in being a threat to their lives etc. ) . And Laxus apparently believes that the FT team members are able to defeat their opponents on their own so he focused his all on fighting Jura.

Also, you have to take into account Laxus character growth / development. Even during the short "meeting" with Ivan and Raven Tail he didn't for a second thought about using FT or any wide-scale spell to wipe them out, despite how angry he was. Laxus knew Makarov still thougt about Ivan as his son - he remained calm and talked to his father first before engaging in a fight .

hoeru
March 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
Can people STOP asking why can't laxus using Fairy Law? IT DOES NOT WORK on friendly fights, only TRUE enemies. I am so sick of people asking.

Well, the most obvious and striking reason not to use Fairy Law likely is: It spreads over a large area like the whole capital city Crocus thus becoming some kind of magical nuke being used to end a grand battle. What fun would there be left in a stupid large area OHKO in a fight mano a mano?

I wouldn't have any big discussion on whether or not Fairy Law worked on any of the Daimatou Enbu participants except that shadow thing that left Rogue's body maybe.

Morlun
March 05, 2013, 01:59 PM
BTW, regarding the shadow thing. Apparently, that shadow thing is the dark "Zeref" magic Gerrard, Ultear and Melody have been feeling every year.

That it swaps bodies indicates why it has been so hard to find.

If we assume that there is only one shadow thing, and it is the only source of the dark "Zeref" magic (excluding, obviously, Zeref himself), then here are a few quick thoughts:

- it wants Gajeel dead (duh!)

- it possessed future Lucy when she was followed by / met with Gerrard

- it may have possessed Cheria during the Wendy fight, but that was probably just a red herring (Mavis didn't notice anything)

- it may have possessed the Princess, Future Lucy and/or Arcadios at any time we were witness to or told about before the 5th day, being the source of lies and/or contradictions

- whomever it possesses has no memory of it (making it the perfect manipulator)

- it most likely came from the future possessing Lucy

hoeru
March 05, 2013, 02:48 PM
For some sort of reason, I was completely reminded on Zoldeo by that shadow being. But, I wonder if it has something to do with that little bugger that followed after Wendy and Charle around chapter 265/266 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/265/14).

EMS
March 05, 2013, 03:20 PM
Fairy law could be use against the dragons but it might take a few out but not 10,000..

MonkeyLuffy
March 05, 2013, 04:37 PM
Well, it seems that the other guys who didn't train with Natsu and company have second origin just the same (for instance, Gajeel), so Laxus probably has hit.

Before the timeskip, he was one of Fairy Tail's top 3, on par with Mystogan and below Gildartz. Additionally, he completely outclassed Hades, who completely outclassed Makarov (a Wizard Saint). Hades was clearly a monster.

It doesn't shock me that Laxus, after second origin, is on Wizard Saint level. Heck, way back when Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord were fighting, Jose Porla, a Wizard Saint, implied Erza wasn't too far below his level.

Also, he single-handedly took out the master of one of the most powerful Dark Guilds and the guild's elite. Granted, they didn't seem that strong, but maybe it was just that Laxus was way too strong.

I'll give you that the fights (both the ownage of Raven Tail and Laxus vs. Jura) should have been longer and better scripted. But the outcomes don't shock me.

Natsu probably not, he's too straightforward to keep that back. Erza, however, has probably been holding back second origin since before the manga began. :)
All im just sayin is that Laxus and Jura's fight was bad,1st because of its length and 2nd because Jura did nothing to Laxus.The strongest mage in the FTverse just annihilated in one chapter.Mashima have to stop give tittles so easy when he can't justify them...Strongest human in the world my @#$...Also,Hades is alive right?Where is he?

One hit KO fight,immortality of Erza (no matter how many times u hit her and beat her,she has the power of feelings,friendship and anger of her guild TOGETHER.Try to beat it !!!!)and all the same shit!Great chapter!-.-

Morlun
March 05, 2013, 05:01 PM
All im just sayin is that Laxus and Jura's fight was bad,1st because of its length and 2nd because Jura did nothing to Laxus.The strongest mage in the FTverse just annihilated in one chapter.Mashima have to stop give tittles so easy when he can't justify them...Strongest human in the world my @#$...Also,Hades is alive right?Where is he?

One hit KO fight,immortality of Erza (no matter how many times u hit her and beat her,she has the power of feelings,friendship and anger of her guild TOGETHER.Try to beat it !!!!)and all the same shit!Great chapter!-.-

Hades was killed by Zeref (or at least, one of the Seven Kin said he was dead after Zeref attacked him).

Jura and Laxus hit each other a few times. It was, however, too short. I'd have enjoyed three chapters of it.

And it wasn't a one-hit-KO. As for the power of feelings: it's part of the manga. It is established that it makes magic stronger.

And yeah, in a shounen called "Fairy Tail", the people of Fairy Tail win. No big surprise there.

hoeru
March 05, 2013, 05:15 PM
Fairy law could be use against the dragons but it might take a few out but not 10,000..

No. The only magic being able to harm dragons is dragon slayer magic.

MonkeyLuffy
March 05, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hades was killed by Zeref (or at least, one of the Seven Kin said he was dead after Zeref attacked him).

Jura and Laxus hit each other a few times. It was, however, too short. I'd have enjoyed three chapters of it.

And it wasn't a one-hit-KO. As for the power of feelings: it's part of the manga. It is established that it makes magic stronger.

And yeah, in a shounen called "Fairy Tail", the people of Fairy Tail win. No big surprise there.
So,in FMA for example,Edward have to beat every enemy that he face?NO NO....It's called Fairy Tail,because it has to do with a guild named FT,but that is not a reason to be excessive and abase everything.FT would be the best guild(actually it is now) in the end,everything would be nice,Zeref would be killed or something,but until then,FT have to face some difficulties and not bring everytime the friendship when things getting bad.Thats poor writing.We know already that ALL ft guild members love and fight for their guild until they die BUT they dont have to bring it everytime that they fight and talk.What is it,teletubbies?And of course,all the love and obedience about guilds only apply to FT guild(also,they would love FT too,if they lose sometimes.The One does not preclude the other.)Just no,Minnerva in one pannel explain that she can manipulate everything(an AWESOME and OP power) and in the next panel,Erza hit her like she fight a little girl with no fighting skills...She didn't even tried to avoid it...You know what?I see FT fans to defend FT like it's their life...It is not bad to say that a chapter is bad,or that the manga have some serious problems!

hoeru
March 05, 2013, 07:48 PM
Out of frustration: How long has it been that Mashima stated in some ComicCon interview with ANN that "power of feelings" is the fundamental part of the manga "Fairy Tail"? Three, maybe four years already?

And ... "fans" or whatever they call themselves ... still can't get over this? How much time would you like to waste your (and our) time by reading Fairy Tail and post some gibberish into forums (yeah I know "freedom of speech", but still it actually doesn't make much sense only to show up, bash Fairy Tail whether others explain what's happening or not, claim not to continue reading FT for much longer, but keep going on this nonsense for months or even years...) I mean you're calling us "delusional" while you seem to be fixated on a crusade to talk down Fairy Tail.

Just go through your posts... And then try to ask yourself what you would say, if one was to come up with the same WORDS for your favorite manga...

BTW, thank you for spoilering other manga all the time. It completely saves my time reading anything else than Fairy Tail, One Piece, and two or three that I don't discuss on MH.

EMS
March 05, 2013, 10:28 PM

You right, I forgot about that and I mean fairy tail got four dragon slayer if we count lax us and sting and rogue are around plus the little girl that fought Wendy..

Lozmaster
March 06, 2013, 02:19 PM

Not necessarily. It was just introduced as the "strongest offensive magic". Clearly that's not entirely true. To blindly say people with equally offensive magics such as God Slayers, Jura, Fairy Glitter, or all of Laxus attacks which aren't directly Dragon Slayer magic would be unable to damage a (weaker) dragon with nothing to base it on (other than failing to damage Acknowlogia, which was also true of the 3 dragon slayers who were there at the time) is a bit of a stretch.

Marche
March 06, 2013, 04:06 PM
Now I will write what I hope will happen in the next chapter between Erza and Kagura:
Mashima has done a great job in making the fans hate Minerva, at least for me.
I really hate for this reason I really hope that Minerva will lose in the most humiliating way.
I really would like if Erza will smash Minerva’s ugly face, just like Rufy smashed CCC face here http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/690/5.
But since this is really unlikely, I would like if in the next chapter Erza will cut completely Minerva’s clothes, while making her completely naked.

I want this not for the fanservice, even because Minerva suckes, she is really ugly, but because even if I am a man I think than that would be one of the most humiliating thing for a woman (be seen completely naked by many people, obviously under normal circumstances, not for example on the beach).
Infact I don’t think that it is a case that Flare mentioned it when she was thinking of the best way for humiliate Lucy http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/7, then she changed idea because place Raven Tail’s mark on the body on her Fairy Tail’s mark.

What I truly want is that Erza’s first attack with that giant weapon is missed, don’t hurt Minerva, but only near to touch her, Minerva would be able to escape from it in the last moment (cutting her clothes would only means this, that that attack was really near to hit her, but I would be fine even if Minerva would be able to draw back in the last moment).
Anyways what I am really interested is what will happen after that.
Infact I want that after escaping the first attack of Erza, Minerva will fall to the ground, then knowing that she would be defeated, she could begin to have scary, just like what happened to Monet in One Piece here http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/687/17 http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/687/18.

In the truth I think it is more likely that this will happened from the second attack of Erza. Infact I think she will avoid the first attack, but then she will fall on the ground, then before Minerva rises again Erza will attack again, this time Minerva will be scared, then she will be really defeated, or otherwise she will collapse or at least she will declare her defeat.
I think it will happened something like this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/12 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/14 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/15.
If as I hope will happen this everything would be really ironic counting what Minerva said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/321/13.

MonkeyLuffy
March 07, 2013, 03:58 PM
(yeah I know "freedom of speech"
Yeah,that's right...End of discussion there ;) also the thing that angers me more is not even the FT's plot!It's the fans,(not actually here)that dont admit and ENDORSE the mistakes and the bad chapters that FT have sometimes!

Just go through your posts... And then try to ask yourself what you would say, if one was to come up with the same WORDS for your favorite manga...
I criticized many times OP for very slow pacing and for the not so good arcs like FI or Skypie!Believe me,i dont have problem to accept some thinks.It's not something important lol

BTW, thank you for spoilering other manga all the time. It completely saves my time reading anything else than Fairy Tail, One Piece, and two or three that I don't discuss on MH.

When did i spoilered something about other mangas?If i did,sorry!!

Ifrit
March 07, 2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I don't know how you can consider your self a true fan of Fairy Tail. When you see that this series can become much better and stronger if it just stops repeating it self or the same stuff time over time...that just kill anything....too much of the same thing becomes simply boring.

Fairy Tail can become #1 It has what it takes, but the problem when something major about to happen, like recently the Jura Vs Laxus.....or before Jellal Vs Jura. Mashima really doesn't know how to handle big fights. He made it clear now !

As for Erza second origin release. It was hinted more than one time "Not gonna bother posting link" that she already had her 2nd container unlock...but again he simply ran out of ideas, so he made this...all I read is "Second ***pull release", and that armor ....:fail

So what I hope to see next chapter is the dragons arrival and wipe every1 there....I hope they start with Mavis....She say Gray is not fit to fight Rufu, and Gray "just like always" use his head to find opponents weakness which put him #1 place to be an S-class mage...more than Erza aka wonder woman.

She had no clue who can beat Jura, and lecturing Makarov how it's normal for Laxus to be able to go head to head with Jura.....Makarov really you don't know how strong Laxus is ?

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7223-10/fairy-tail/chapter-108.html

DR.DOOM
March 07, 2013, 10:30 PM

You took word from my mouth, now this is what I am talking about. No wonder fairy tail is ending soon.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

So,in FMA for example,Edward have to beat every enemy that he face?NO NO....It's called Fairy Tail,because it has to do with a guild named FT,but that is not a reason to be excessive and abase everything.FT would be the best guild(actually it is now) in the end,everything would be nice,Zeref would be killed or something,but until then,FT have to face some difficulties and not bring everytime the friendship when things getting bad.Thats poor writing.We know already that ALL ft guild members love and fight for their guild until they die BUT they dont have to bring it everytime that they fight and talk.What is it,teletubbies?And of course,all the love and obedience about guilds only apply to FT guild(also,they would love FT too,if they lose sometimes.The One does not preclude the other.)Just no,Minnerva in one pannel explain that she can manipulate everything(an AWESOME and OP power) and in the next panel,Erza hit her like she fight a little girl with no fighting skills...She didn't even tried to avoid it...You know what?I see FT fans to defend FT like it's their life...It is not bad to say that a chapter is bad,or that the manga have some serious problems!

This is exactly What I would rant on FT. I just do not know what all Shounen authors have to bring in friends and feeling in the most crucial fights for no reason.

Krono
March 07, 2013, 10:44 PM
As for Erza second origin release. It was hinted more than one time "Not gonna bother posting link" that she already had her 2nd container unlock...but again he simply ran out of ideas, so he made this...all I read is "Second ***pull release", and that armor ....:fail

Correction, he hinted more than once that something was different about her Second Origin. Ultear asked why she was unaffected like the rest, and Erza did not answer. Lucy asked why Erza wasn't in the same shape they were in, and Gray speculated that she already had Second Origin. Erza did not confirm. Then throughout the tournament Erza was the only one that was not noted to have gotten stronger, and was not operating at an obviously higher level of power. Taken together that can serve as a hint she already had second origin. It can also serve as a hint of exactly what we got, that she had it but wasn't using it. It raises the questions of "Did Erza have her Second Origin unlocked by Ultear or not? If so, why doesn't she seem to have gotten much stronger?" It does not provide concrete answers. It's foreshadowing. That the foreshadowing turned out to be for something different than you anticipated does not make the result an ***pull.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 07, 2013, 11:38 PM
@MonkeyLuffy: Hades is currently in his home since Zeref bought a one way ticket to that place (Zeref killed him remember?)

liductan
March 07, 2013, 11:49 PM
It raises the questions of "Did Erza have her Second Origin unlocked by Ultear or not? If so, why doesn't she seem to have gotten much stronger?" It does not provide concrete answers. It's foreshadowing. That the foreshadowing turned out to be for something different than you anticipated does not make the result an ***pull.

You know what? To me it doesn't matter if it was foreshadowed or if she had second origin unlock already...I accept that..I just don't like the direction the plot took to reach this particular point. It was the same pattern as usual; she gets her ass woop out cold..here comes the speech and then BAM!..it's over in a second.. I don't see anything different from this fight and her other fights. That's my problem,even if the conclusion makes sense. The process was the same as (almost )always.

Krono
March 08, 2013, 12:48 AM
You know what? To me it doesn't matter if it was foreshadowed or if she had second origin unlock already...I accept that..I just don't like the direction the plot took to reach this particular point. It was the same pattern as usual; she gets her ass woop out cold..here comes the speech and then BAM!..it's over in a second.. I don't see anything different from this fight and her other fights. That's my problem,even if the conclusion makes sense. The process was the same as (almost )always.

There's nothing wrong with that opinion. What I'm objection to is the claim that something Mashima clearly had laid the groundwork for earlier in the arc being something that he made up on the spot because he wrote himself into a corner. Give the man the credit he's due. There's plenty of criticism to go around without inventing things.