PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 322 Discussion / 323 Predictions

ghostexiled
March 01, 2013, 05:25 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 08, 2013, 12:42 AM
Wait...
Sting does nothing?
You know the ol military strategy, take out the leader of a team, the team itself falters. Either that or all 5 members of that team learned Haoushoku Haki^^;;.

Chris38
March 08, 2013, 01:04 AM
Well, the tournament had the ending, that I more or less thought it would have...

I really hope, that the Eclipse gate related plot is going to be... a little more interesting, compared to the tournament part of this arc (which, seems to have ... already ended)

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 08, 2013, 01:05 AM
Now I want FT to get the fuck outta there so the dragons can nuke everybody in town.

adbanginwar
March 08, 2013, 01:07 AM
Now I want FT to get the fuck outta there so the dragons can nuke everybody in town. you are one sadist dude!!! lol!! but i think you are right. there will be massacre in the town and probably FT with friends will prevail.

liductan
March 08, 2013, 01:47 AM
I used to hate.Minerva. I didn't like the beat down she gave lucy, even though I don't like Lucy. Her actions were wrong, and she's a coward above all else but I do appreciate her character. She serves her purpose so far...I don't hate her anymore ever since Erza blocked kagura's sword..Honestly, I lovee Erza but not as much as I love Lluvia and mirajane..It is because of her battles that I can't appreciate her like I want to or used to. It is over played now..

Couldn't have said better myself..plzz bring the dragons..Although, I am at this point where I don't believe even the dragons can harm Ft..They'll always be okay in the end..

-Ken-
March 08, 2013, 02:06 AM
Who knows, we might have to brace ourselves for 7 years more timeskip.:teehee

okaneman
March 08, 2013, 02:16 AM
Well Sting did well standing (literally) before FT members. :derp Then the princess was indeed lying after all.. Or Sting might be possessed by "Holy Evil" just like Rogue and pawn all FT & win LOL..

wooticus
March 08, 2013, 02:43 AM
All that hate here scares me a bit. Don't get me wrong, I also don't like how it turned out and think the outcome is a bit cheap. But seriously, BanishingSorrow: Last week Laxus quite easily beat the number 5 wizard saint of Fiore, who just defeated a God Slayer moments ago with one hit. Minerva, however, was hyped quite a bit outside of battles and the nature of her magic seems really powerful. I'm not agreeing on how powerful she ought to be. In the battle in the water sphere she just stood there and watched the whole time - Sabretooth only stated she COULD have beaten all others in an instant, but honestly this whole arc was about Sabretooth overestimating themselves. All she did was negating Juvia's attack with her magic (who she didn't defeat by the way, because she fell out of the sphere). Then she was "fighting" against Lucy, the most favorable opponent she could have. She just used the nature! of her magic to steal Lucy's keys and thus put her out of the ability to use any magic at all. In that final battle she beat Milliana and took her hostage in order to let Erza and Kagura fight each other.. latter she cheap-shot behind. I'll gladly change my opinion if you can show me some pages in which we clearly see that Minerva's power is anywhere near Jura's. Personally i think she is weaker than Erza's last opponent, Asuma. THAT fight's ending was really cheap. But this time Erza saw through her magic (an ability Erza showed several times in this manga), something nobody else achieved yet. I also don't hate Minerva and her magic is quite cool. She just isn't that strong in terms of raw power, just overhyped by her own guild.
And about that second origin release: What's wrong with her releasing it? It's said to be a second container of magic power within you. The other FT members were passively strenghtens because they access both of their containers at once i guess, so they're basically drawing twice the magical power from before at once. Erza might just have not accessed that second container despite having it unlocked. She may have invented a technique with which she could release the complete magical power of her second container at once.
And before someone's going to shitstorm me: These are just possible explanations. I don't demand that those are right or anything like that. I'm just sick of readers who seem to read FT just to rage about how it is. Each and every arc it's the same! You should know how FT after 322 chapters by now. In the end FT always wins. And Erza always wins against her opponents. I admit this all makes FT a bit boring, because the outcome at the end of the arc is always quite clear. If you want to see heroes lose and die, find a proper manga for you. Don't blame FT that it isn't that way. And if you don't like it that way, don't read it. I'm just sick of this crying, because i enjoy the discussions and opinions that are exchanged here . But there are too many posts sometimes which are just a pain in the ass and a waste of time to read, because you know that those people don't want to discuss, they just want to hate.
Haters gonna hate.

gaston42
March 08, 2013, 02:48 AM
I'm quite disappointed that we will never know who was worth 5 points in the Fairy Tail team. :(

Though the picture of the 5 members still standing was good.

MMolch
March 08, 2013, 03:05 AM
In before Sting is the 5-points-guy in his team, and trashing all 5 exhausted members of Fairy Tail.

And I'm not sure if someone pointed it out in a previous post, but I bet that that "weird feeling" on Milliana's back is Lector.
(Sorry if this got mentioned before)
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/321/3

gaston42
March 08, 2013, 03:13 AM
In before Sting is the 5-points-guy in his team, and trashing all 5 exhausted members of Fairy Tail.

And I'm not sure if someone pointed it out in a previous post, but I bet that that "weird feeling" on Milliana's back is Lector.
(Sorry if this got mentioned before)
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/321/3

Sting was neither worth 5 points not defeated them. In one picture you see the final Fairy Tail 64 points score with a +1, which means that they just get 1 point by defeating Sting.

Last week score : 56
Lyon + Chelya defeat +2 = 58
Minerva defeat +5 = 63
Sting defeat + 1 = 64

To be honest, unless being possessed by Chuck Norris and having Hashirama cells, Sting couldn't do squat against the 5 members in a straight battle.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 08, 2013, 03:41 AM
I bet it went like this:

Sting: Alright, y'all are tired, time to use that power that killed Heinekenlugia, *then he saw Laxus with his pimp jacket*OoO, *falls to his knees in tears*, I'm not worthy.

hoeru
March 08, 2013, 04:23 AM
I see, so the rant continues over a very fair and Fairy Tail-like end ... and I really was looking forward in discussing this chapter's CONTENT. But I know, I'm "no real fan of Fairy Tail" and such Bullshit. So, screw it.

adbanginwar
March 08, 2013, 04:51 AM
I see, so the rant continues over a very fair and Fairy Tail-like end ... and I really was looking forward in discussing this chapter's CONTENT. But I know, I'm "no real fan of Fairy Tail" and such Bullshit. So, screw it.

i like the way the story is heading. just waiting for all hell to break lose. we got 3 first generation dragion slayers, 1 second generation and 2 third generation. plus we have 2 god slayers. it would be awesome to see how they stand against a real dragon.

•Sasuke•
March 08, 2013, 04:53 AM
chapter 322 ch scan by ishuhui
(http://www.ishuhui.com/thread-24249-1-1.html)

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505&view=getlastpost#lastpost

oddlucks
March 08, 2013, 05:02 AM
It's out http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-322/

SerpentTailedAngel
March 08, 2013, 05:16 AM
Majorly disappointed in where that buildup with Sting went...
But seeing him reunite with Lector was too cute, so I forgive this chapter. I'm gonna go read that part again now.

HaiSuShi
March 08, 2013, 05:30 AM
Brb fangirling Juvias "Never."
Chelia liked it, too. :cheez

Well, the chapter was definitely better than the spoilers suggested.

Soooo, does that mean no time travel occurs? If Eclipse 2 is indeed a weapon, and it uses the energy it acquired over 7 years, there will probably be no time travel.
Which is good imo.

tobeulp
March 08, 2013, 05:38 AM
This chapter is great though now we all know Mashima only likes when Erza and Natsu is fighting they are they only two that had the most fights finish and their fights is displayed in more pages... That being said even with the anti climatic Sting vs 5 FT it showcase that Sting isn't brainwash by the b!tch Minerva and the chances they will be an ally or join FT is about 75%

Well the tournament is over now the real fun starts the Dragons!! if Mashima ruins the Dragons arc it will greatly ruin the reputation of Fairy Tail as a whole because most of the readers really anticipate on how the Dragons arc going to be but dunno if it will be the next arc though

ghostexiled
March 08, 2013, 05:44 AM
Alright guys... I have been pretty lax of late with members posting their opinions (I am referring to the more harsher kinds). But this little civil war that is brewing between the "True FT fans" and the "True FT Haters" has gotta stop!

There was a thread that was created to air out your distaste for the series (where you could CONSTRUCTIVELY state your reasons) and there is also one for your appreciation for it as well. Seek them out and have FRIENDLY and RESPECTFUL discussions about your thoughts there.

This thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2989984-How-FT-falls-short-and-how-it-gets-it-right.) has been created for those that would like to discuss their thoughts on how FT falls short and how it gets it right!

As I have stated before and as this site states always... DO NOT BASH the series, author or other members!

DO NOT post about other series... you are running the possibility of spoiling those that have not read the series you choose to speak of.

This series has been going on for 322 chapters now! If you still are having issues with it... then you should just drop it, if all you are going to do is complain, it would be better for yourself to just take that stress out of your life and leave the series be.

You are all intelligent enough to decide if you are entertained enough by this series or not. Coming in week in and week out talking about how this series is crap and the author should screw off... just makes you look like you are not that intelligent at all. Intelligent people can explain their likes and dislikes without resorting to cursing or using all caps when making a statement.

Don't waste your energy fighting against those that actually enjoy the elements of this series you, yourself can't seem to understand or appreciate. It is likened to walking up to a child and slapping an ice cream outta their hand.

We all have our right to state our thoughts and opinions... but think about what you're going to say before coming to this thread and looking for ways to rant and rave about things that most likely will not change this far into the series. Most of you have or should decide that you will accept the highs and lows of this series and be able to enjoy it without seeing it as if Mishima has this single goal of just crushing your hopes and dreams.

Let those that really do enjoy the series, friendship powers or not, justified battle wins or loses... enjoy it. Don't come on here and claim that they are in the wrong for doing so... cause they are not.

That is the beauty of life my friends... to love or hate whatever you wish for whatever reasons you wish.

All I ask is for you to be respectful towards other and if all else fails... AGREE TO DISAGREE.

Everyone, drink a coke and relax from now on! Share ideas and thoughts like the way they were meant to be on this site. :grin

benelori
March 08, 2013, 05:45 AM
Favourite part of this chapter was with Juvia...the best thing I love with Juvia's obsessing is the art...Mashima knows how to draw humorous stuff

Sachsenhesse
March 08, 2013, 05:53 AM
Erza is a cheater.

Sting was ... yes unexpected but somehow disappointing after coming this far by only sitting it out.

benelori
March 08, 2013, 06:00 AM
Erza is a cheater.

Sting was ... yes unexpected but somehow disappointing after coming this far by only sitting it out.

I liked Sting's surrender...not everyone has to go out in a blaze of glory...what's a bit interesting, is that when such a thing happens, then usually Fairy Tail gains another member...

I guess though, all these characters fates will be settled after the dragon invasion...I have a slight feeling the dragon invasion will not be as apocalyptic as foreseen...I'm pretty sure we will see our share of wacko dragons, lazy dragons and all sorts of other stereotypes:D

suraj5898
March 08, 2013, 06:13 AM
Erza is a cheater.

why :huh:

Lectro Volpi
March 08, 2013, 06:28 AM
That armour was funny, I mean, it did exactly what it needed to do. There is a name to that kind of shit ¿hammerspace?

Minerva got served right and in the most humiliant way possible, and I am not talking about the beating. I am talking about panties. We saw her stripped (like a teenager) panties that she never ever showed (look the battle and see for yourself) and that is the biggest humiliation. Damn! Panties are more important than food! Panties are more important than drinking water, man... I like panties.

Kuza
March 08, 2013, 06:41 AM
Sting is so pussy :)
Really Mashima could've played it out more badass - Sting actually is fighting FT, Milliana shows up with Lecter, Sting has no more will to fight and surrenders. Would've been bit more intresting, but i'm fine with that.
So what now? They want to fire a bigass eclipse cannon at 10000 dragons? It's still a bit fishy, I mean 10000 is still too much and I feel like when the cannon would be ready to fire at imaginary dragons a true villain will show up and probably will try to use it on the city or country idk. It would be FT el classico if the cannon would need 30 mins to prepare the shot and the good guys would have time to stop it. Anyway great conclusion of tournament, looking forward for bigass cannon.

PS Now I'm 99% sure Sting and Rogue are joining FT.

El Maco
March 08, 2013, 06:46 AM
It warms my stone, I mean my heart, to see Juvia and Gray working together and then tenderly walking away like an old couple, with Gray only putting up some token resistance to Juvia's loving care. That's all I wanted to see.

liductan
March 08, 2013, 07:04 AM
The beginning of the chapter is cute, probably my favorite part..Gray and Juvia 's counterattack could have better to me but it doesn't matter..Those two are awesome together..Everything else is MEHHH..I am looking forward to next week's chapter ...

REN KOUEN
March 08, 2013, 07:11 AM
Not a bad chapter bit it could have been way better. Minervas panties should not be the highlight

Rarhyx
March 08, 2013, 07:31 AM
two things I didn't like:
erza was again beat up and one shoted her enemy like always...
sting didn't get any action on this tournament day =(
even though his surrender was good, IMO he should have attacked a few times but FT would have blocked every attack but well can't change things :)

Chris38
March 08, 2013, 07:51 AM
Well, I'm more wondering what the next chapter is going to be about, rather then the current one... since I think that the Eclipse gate related plot of this arc is going to be a little more intresting, at least to me... compared to the tournament related plot.

And judging from the next chapters title, it seems like the Shadow guy, that possesed Rouge is going to make a return in the next chapter - and, I'm starting to think that he might be the "main antagonist" of the current arc...

ninjaman
March 08, 2013, 08:08 AM
very anticlimactic chapter. I was about say omg sting is the person with zeref's power and about to kick some ass then he gave up -.-.

Xguard
March 08, 2013, 08:41 AM
two things I didn't like:
erza was again beat up and one shoted her enemy like always...
sting didn't get any action on this tournament day =(
even though his surrender was good, IMO he should have attacked a few times but FT would have blocked every attack but well can't change things :)

First thing I agree, however, it's not totally non sense. The one who use sword vs bare-hand woman who the magic can't be used against(the legendary armor), it's still make sense for Erza to win with one-shot. Normally,the skilled sword man(or in this case is woman^^) can decide the victory with single move.

The second thing i'm not agreed. Because all of dragon slayers must be in fairy tail. hahaha. Therefore, Sting should make something to be nice to fairytail ,at least :p

Moogle Mango
March 08, 2013, 08:49 AM
I am pretty disappointed in this chapter. Well, I expected this outcome, but the build up with Sting and the obvious short fight between Erza and Minerva I thought there would be more. After all the crap that Minerva pulled, she gets a quick defeat? No slow and terrifying defeat? And then with Sting who was "all according to plan" a few chapters in and then he backs down at his showtime?

Oh well. Panty shot. :cheez:teehee

moonster x
March 08, 2013, 08:59 AM
This chapter was even worse than last weeks......Gray & Juvia win because Chelia decides to stand there and do nothing. With Erza's new armor she defeats Minerva with one attack. Mashima didn't give that fight nearly enough panels......it was Erza taking a beating, when the whole time she had Second Origin and an armor powerful enough to take Minerva out in one swipe. And Sting does NOTHING. NOTHING? I was actually super psyched when he was all like, "I'm here, Fairy Tail, come!" And then he just does NOTHING?

He just decides to cry and fall down to his knees? I mean I knew he wouldn't be able to go all the way through with it because it was really obvious, but dear lord I thought he would at least beat some people up first and then Lector would show up.........and then the Princess declares that FT completely dominating the tournament was the unpredictable outcome(seriously Mashima, you thought fans wouldn't be able to foresee that outcome), and now we have ANOTHER giant energy cannon as a plot device? What is this like the 4th time now? I don't know man........I don't want to be categorized as a hater, and it's not like I pay for this manga, but this kind of writing just pisses me off.

about that.. she talking about Fairy Tail universe... after losing so many time and end up the last place for past 7 years this is the first time Fairy Tail dominating and win the tournament. of course we can predict the Fairy Tail win because we read the Fairy Tail manga not Saber Tooth or Lamia Scale manga

Rarhyx
March 08, 2013, 09:24 AM
First thing I agree, however, it's not totally non sense. The one who use sword vs bare-hand woman who the magic can't be used against(the legendary armor), it's still make sense for Erza to win with one-shot. Normally,the skilled sword man(or in this case is woman^^) can decide the victory with single move.

well if it was the first time for erza to oneshot her foe I wouldn't mind but her recent fights were always like this one ...

liductan
March 08, 2013, 09:30 AM
The one who use sword vs bare-hand woman who the magic can't be used against(the legendary armor), it's still make sense for Erza to win with one-shot.

NO, no, and no.. I have a problem with that..She always wins like this..I expect more from her fights..

Zasz
March 08, 2013, 09:56 AM
LOL, I suppose that was the first panty shot of the manga.
Talking more seriously, if I should define this chapter with an adjective I'd say predictable, but I still enjoyed the chapter and the ending of the tournament.
About Sting's surrender, well, I don't have much to say; it was impossible for him to win so his only choice was surrendering.
Now I want to see what will happen from now on; I suppose that in the next chapter we will see who or what is that Shadow and also the Eclipse Cannon.

JunKisaragi
March 08, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hmm...let's not forget that Chelia is still a kid who speaks about love a lot much like her cousin, so I guess what happened was pretty much acceptable given that fact. What I wouldn't give to see Juvia and Gray like that.

Anyone noticed that they looked at each other again when Sting surrendered? :D

I would have loved to see Minerva get sliced up like b*tcheroni but I guess that would do (for now).

My guesswork sucks, but I'm still taking a stab at it:

Maybe that shadow would possess someone in control of the cannon or something? So it's FT vs the Shadow and 10,000 dragons vs the Cannon. XD

moonster x
March 08, 2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah obviously. But for the writer to put something like that in the story and try and hype it as "an unpredictable outcome that no one could ever foresee" is a pretty stupid idea when the writer plans to make it the most obvious and generic outcome there could be. I don't think it's good writing.

i don't know.. it doesn't really matter to me.. :p and i know the fight rite now kinda disappointing but i can still deal with it :hip .

now what i care is who told the princess about the prediction of the future that Fairy Tail will win and how to use the eclipse. what if someone other than Lucy from the future that told the prediction to the princess and using her to use the Eclipse gate or cannon thing?

Krono
March 08, 2013, 10:59 AM
Hmm...let's not forget that Chelia is still a kid who speaks about love a lot much like her cousin, so I guess what happened was pretty much acceptable given that fact.

Indeed. While it's kind of annoying from a fight perspective, it is in character for Chelia to be distracted by what she would consider to be a beautiful show of love. Likewise it's in character for Leon to be momentarily distracted by Gray and Juvia being "lovey dovey" in front of him. If they had better teamwork, they probably wouldn't have gotten distracted. That still might not have been enough to save them though, given they apparently faced a Unison Raid; they probably would have needed a Unison Raid of their own to match it, which just wasn't in the cards for now.

REN KOUEN
March 08, 2013, 11:36 AM
I just feel like mashima is rushing things too much by cramming too much into these most recent chapters, like hes in a rush to get to the end of this arc

some.of.these fights, espe ially erza v minerva and laxus v jura should have been more detailed, and more epic

tobirama
March 08, 2013, 11:44 AM
why is it is erzas new armour perfectly suited for fighting minevera had to appear now!!!
i mean she could lose a fight :teehee (seems lyk it wont happen) then have a rematch then use armour
and to all who think FT is predictable it isnt its far worse :-_-
but overall average FT chapter

Krono
March 08, 2013, 11:44 AM
I just feel like mashima is rushing things too much by cramming too much into these most recent chapters, like hes in a rush to get to the end of this arc

some.of.these fights, espe ially erza v minerva and laxus v jura should have been more detailed, and more epic

I'm pretty sure he is rushing things a bit. Every now and then he seems to hit a point in an arc where he decides things are taking too long and rushes things, or chops things he'd planned in order to wrap it up.

suraj5898
March 08, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sting's surrender was not bad thing from his view . he wanted to tell his cat that he is most powerful fighter but when he see they'er all covred in wounds and bruises he understand even if he defeat them he would not become strongest (even if others called him strongest he himself know he is not strongest)
also he didnt surrender after he saw his cat but after he surrender he saw his cat. also i dont think even if he fight he would have defeated FT. FT is not weak that they lose to one man and they have experience to fight after fight

hoeru
March 08, 2013, 11:52 AM
Really happy, that Sting was smart enough to realise that he wouldn't gain anything from fighting FT. He wouldn't have proven anything from overpowering injured opponents nor would it have brought back Lector.

BTW. I am confused: How could anyone seriously mistake a finishing move as one-shot? It's not like Elsa's swords connected to Minerva already last chapter nor that Minerva didn't attack her, so it's for sure not a one-shot... nor is it anywhere different from any finishing move anyone has seen in either Fairy Tail or any other shounen manga.

And why should Mashima write Elsa out-of-character by torturing her opponent rather than finishing her off most effectively? So she should be more like Minerva to be acceptable?

exacta
March 08, 2013, 12:12 PM
LOL, I suppose that was the first panty shot of the manga.
Talking more seriously, if I should define this chapter with an adjective I'd say predictable, but I still enjoyed the chapter and the ending of the tournament.
About Sting's surrender, well, I don't have much to say; it was impossible for him to win so his only choice was surrendering.
Now I want to see what will happen from now on; I suppose that in the next chapter we will see who or what is that Shadow and also the Eclipse Cannon.

Actually he could've taken them all out. Well, at least he said they were all injured enough for him to defeat with just a simple push. But after Erza's display, I can't help but doubt that, even though logically Sting should be able to take all of them down when they are in such a horrible condition.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

BTW. I am confused: How could anyone seriously mistake a finishing move as one-shot? It's not like Elsa's swords connected to Minerva already last chapter nor that Minerva didn't attack her, so it's for sure not a one-shot... nor is it anywhere different from any finishing move anyone has seen in either Fairy Tail or any other shounen manga.
And why should Mashima write Elsa out-of-character by torturing her opponent rather than finishing her off most effectively? So she should be more like Minerva to be acceptable?

No it wasn't a one shot, but it only took one shot after she put that armor on to win, and that is pretty lame. A good fight doesn't end in one page, and Erza taking a huge beating and then suddenly defeating the enemy with one or perhaps only a few hits compared to the several hits and severe injuries she endured is lame. If the fight could've ended so quickly, then that means most of the panels dedicated to it were wasted, and quite frankly, when you build up two characters to fight one another, you finish it right, you don't just abruptly end it, especially if it's a tournament arc for pete's sake. And her attack was lame too. How many times has Mashima had a FT member do a "secret move" when it's just a normal punch or slash? It's really lazy.

Newkerzy
March 08, 2013, 12:24 PM
Really happy, that Sting was smart enough to realise that he wouldn't gain anything from fighting FT. He wouldn't have proven anything from overpowering injured opponents nor would it brought back Lector.

Agreed. At first, I had been disappointed, but after rereading it, I get to understand the true meaning of Sting's surrender. You can only be called the strongest if it was a fair fight to begin with. And Sting's theme is all about being the strongest. But what good is being the strongest if you cheated to begin with?? granted, it's not included in the rules that you can't take advantage of the opponent in a way like this, but it just goes to show you that Sting's honor is above that. Which is admirable.

Rarhyx
March 08, 2013, 12:37 PM
Really happy, that Sting was smart enough to realise that he wouldn't gain anything from fighting FT. He wouldn't have proven anything from overpowering injured opponents nor would it have brought back Lector.

oh true I forgot Erza two-shoted minerva :teehee
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/321/15

but srsly now:
compared to laxus vs jura and gazille vs rogue, erza's fight was the most dissapointed on the fifth day.
even against kagura it was better than this...

but that is all IMO ofc

moonster x
March 08, 2013, 12:43 PM
why is it is erzas new armour perfectly suited for fighting minevera had to appear now!!!
i mean she could lose a fight :teehee (seems lyk it wont happen) then have a rematch then use armour
and to all who think FT is predictable it isnt its far worse :-_-
but overall average FT chapter

we don't know how many armor Erza can use so babbling about how a new armor appear when she about to lose and to match her opponent are pointless. maybe after this an armor that can withstand dragon like dragon slayer appear for sake of fighting the dragon.. who know :p nah just kidding..

No it wasn't a one shot, but it only took one shot after she put that armor on to win, and that is pretty lame. A good fight doesn't end in one page, and Erza taking a huge beating and then suddenly defeating the enemy with one or perhaps only a few hits compared to the several hits and severe injuries she endured is lame. If the fight could've ended so quickly, then that means most of the panels dedicated to it were wasted, and quite frankly, when you build up two characters to fight one another, you finish it right, you don't just abruptly end it, especially if it's a tournament arc for pete's sake. And her attack was lame too. How many times has Mashima had a FT member do a "secret move" when it's just a normal punch or slash? It's really lazy.

i don't think it lame.. it was said what Erza using are the most powerful armor and strongest weapon that need so much magic for using it so 1 hit kill sure enough.

ErosVp
March 08, 2013, 12:43 PM
All the love Sting has for his cat is stupid, everyone knows dogs are better.... :3c

liductan
March 08, 2013, 01:00 PM
i don't think it lame.. it was said what Erza using are the most powerful armor and strongest weapon that need so much magic for using it so 1 hit kill sure enough.

That's not a good excuse anymore for her to finish her opponent the same way, every time..It gets boring..really boring...

Impossibility
March 08, 2013, 01:16 PM
The outcome was pretty obvious from last chapter's conclusion, although I didn't quite expect to finish up so quickly. Sting's plan was so absolutely ridiculous, it was possibly one of the most hilarious moments of the tournament. He probably wouldn't have been able to take on Erza alone much less the five of them together. Fairy Tail wins, now let's see about the battle behind the scenes.

bighawke5
March 08, 2013, 01:33 PM
So how the hell was this unexpected? fairy tail was always going to triumph here in my mind...I guess unexpected for the manga characters? lol

In any case time for dragons! and is it just me or does the princess not seem particularly evil like?

EMS
March 08, 2013, 01:34 PM
it went as i said a few weeks ago, the unpredictable outcome was fairy tail winning without any lost after being in the last place for 7 years..

hoeru
March 08, 2013, 01:48 PM
oh true I forgot Erza two-shoted minerva :teehee
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/321/15

but srsly now:
compared to laxus vs jura and gazille vs rogue, erza's fight was the most dissapointed on the fifth day.
even against kagura it was better than this...

but that is all IMO ofc

So... Now it's wrong that Mashima gave some parts for Luxus and Gajeel to shine which were "disappointing" in the last arcs... Seriously, this countervailing of how much screentime a character has is getting terribly boring. :-_-

Elsa had some personal resolve to clear against Kagura as shown by the flashback. Against Minerva, all that's left was to deal with her and just finish her off, as her character was pretty one-dimensional anyways. And as simply throwing one blow onto each other is pretty boring anyways and should be done in some animu filler, it was pretty kind that Mashima wound that up with a short clash - after the fight went on for six chapters already in the backgrounds.

yieps
March 08, 2013, 01:49 PM
There is one thing that I find awkward: How did Erza know Milliana found the cat?
Although I found Minerva crying to be a bit awkward, too, but considering it's FT I can think of an explanation for the change of attitude in defeat.

Regarding the armor I don't have an issue with it appearing out of nowhere and I can understand the reason behind her decision but I agree that the later Fairy Tail fights were a bit rushed and Mashima could have let us participate a little longer and it wouldn't been new to show us what the characters think (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/236/13).
The main focus of the armor is the spear whose ability probably refers to a Riposte in fencing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riposte). Basically, I imagine, Erza thought she had no idea how to defend against Minerva but it was necessary as she didn't see any weak point in her attacks she could use to strike by herself. So she used her saved energy for a sure one-hit.
However, even if my theory is correct it would've been even better to hear that from Erza herself.
Still, the arc felt epic but I think there were obvious ways to improve on.

MechR
March 08, 2013, 01:59 PM
There is one thing that I find awkward: How did Erza know Milliana found the cat?
There was some time for talk between her beating Minerva and her limping off to face Sting.

moonster x
March 08, 2013, 02:04 PM
That's not a good excuse anymore for her to finish her opponent the same way, every time..It gets boring..really boring...

you talk about how she finish her opponent the same way? every time? err... tell me the detail about her other fight that Erza finish her opponent the same way and how many of of them.. it seem a little hard for me to reread all her battle back then except a few big battle.. :confused:

liductan
March 08, 2013, 02:26 PM
you talk about how she finish her opponent the same way? every time? err... tell me the detail about her other fight that Erza finish her opponent the same way and how many of of them.. it seem a little hard for me to reread all her battle back then except a few big battle.. :confused:

*SIGH*...lets see...I already wrote this before but whatever...I'll summarize it, Erza gets her ass kick..beat up badly..She "looks" severely injured.. Then she says the friendship speech.. re-quips and it's usually over in one slash...

moonster x
March 08, 2013, 02:44 PM
*SIGH*...lets see...I already wrote this before but whatever...I'll summarize it, Erza gets her ass kick..beat up badly..She "looks" severely injured.. Then she says the friendship speech.. re-quips and it's usually over in one slash...

hurmm... how many time her fight scene like that? if it more than 5 time, let call that her fighting trademark :XD

hoeru
March 08, 2013, 03:11 PM

*sigh* That's a classic final clash in eastern sword battles. Just get over it already. We won't see anything else as finishing move than a final 1-on-1-clash. She won't grow neither wings nor claws nor tentacles nor breathe fire. She only has weaponary to fight, not fairy glitter, nor fairy law, only kansou, and only swords, spears and armors. So she won't draw a gun neither.

All that's missing are the cherry blossom petals, but with Elsa as a swordswoman with a sense of Bushido, Mashima clearly aims for super effective moves for her as last resort.

Lozmaster
March 08, 2013, 03:15 PM
hurmm... how many time her fight scene like that? if it more than 5 time, let call that her fighting trademark :XD

It IS her fighting style, she delibrately doesn't use her entirety of magic power in the first attacks, because Erza knows what her luck is like: Whenever something bad goes down, quite often she fights one of the strongest people there, but then she gets into another one right after, with someone stronger.

Yeah, she probably could have used Nakagami and second origin against Kagura, but then not only would minerva have known about it, she would have drained a lot of her magic before fighting Minerva..

If you haven't caught on to why Erza fights this way when she's been doing it in several arcs on purpose since Phantom Lords arc, you should probably pay a little more attention.

moonster x
March 08, 2013, 03:47 PM
It IS her fighting style, she delibrately doesn't use her entirety of magic power in the first attacks, because Erza knows what her luck is like: Whenever something bad goes down, quite often she fights one of the strongest people there, but then she gets into another one right after, with someone stronger.

Yeah, she probably could have used Nakagami and second origin against Kagura, but then not only would minerva have known about it, she would have drained a lot of her magic before fighting Minerva..

If you haven't caught on to why Erza fights this way when she's been doing it in several arcs on purpose since Phantom Lords arc, you should probably pay a little more attention.

ahaha.. why so serious? i'm just kidding. like i said i remember few of her previous big battle but i don't remember many of them like this "Erza gets her ass kick..beat up badly..She "looks" severely injured.. Then she says the friendship speech.. re-quips and it's usually over in one slash..." except the fight with Azuma but that time she not requipt. her battle with Jose end up with Makarov using Fairy Law. fight with Gerrard end up with Natsu eating Aetherion and save her.fight with Edolas Erza end up with draw.:^_^

Skyguardian
March 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
The outcome was bound to happen.

The thing I'm interested in is the change of Mavis' look on her face. Why does she look so worried?

MonkeyLuffy
March 08, 2013, 06:40 PM
ahaha.. why so serious? i'm just kidding. like i said i remember few of her previous big battle but i don't remember many of them like this "Erza gets her ass kick..beat up badly..She "looks" severely injured.. Then she says the friendship speech.. re-quips and it's usually over in one slash..." except the fight with Azuma but that time she not requipt. her battle with Jose end up with Makarov using Fairy Law. fight with Gerrard end up with Natsu eating Aetherion and save her.fight with Edolas Erza end up with draw.:^_^
2 times in this arc...She did almost the same thing with Kagura!But guys,lets deal with it!Fairy Tail will always win!Regardless of how strong is the enemy,the fights will always end with Friendship speech and victory for FT!SO,like i said,DEAL WITH IT!It would be the same for ever...=aka predictable....

yieps
March 08, 2013, 06:41 PM
The outcome was bound to happen.

The thing I'm interested in is the change of Mavis' look on her face. Why does she look so worried?

Look at the last page, probably the shadow. She was surprised about an evil being not known to her so she remembered its presence well.

SerpentTailedAngel
March 08, 2013, 07:25 PM
Totally failed to notice that thing with Mavis. Who knows. Maybe she has some sense of whatever is coming (aside from 10,000 dragons)

So hey, does anyone wonder if Mashima was maybe just told to wrap this up fast? I mean, opinions of quality aside, it dd wrap up fast. Supposedly he meants to include Erigor in the Nirvana arc but didn't have the time. I wonder if he encountered a problem like that in this arc.

Beatrice
March 08, 2013, 08:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QHWEIm7.jpg

Creds to NF.=D

1337 haxor
March 08, 2013, 08:32 PM
In my opinion, Mashima threw the most of this arc under the bus.

While the main plot point is Eclipse, Zeref and Acnologia/10000 dragons and this will lead to some awesome twist, the whole Daimatou Embu felt like a filler arc meant for fanservice and that Mashima could have given much more deep to those tournament fights even if they are meaningless to the general plot.

It was made worse because FT abused on the power of friendship like it was cocaine, Mashima didn't even bother to explain how any of the victories was made possible despite FT mages being both exhausted from a previous opponent and said opponents sometimes having displayed far too great power for an FT victory to feel plausible.

In the Tenrou Island arc, we at least got the explanation that Mavis mokuton Tenrou Tree kept replenishing FT's magic reserves and made them all nearly unkillable.

This arc just throws fresh top class mages against FT for it to shrug them off with a "THIS IF FAIR TAIL" scream of power and simply dish out FT mages to godlike level by proxy.

I mean, the other guilds had 7 years to grow stronger but FT alone is arguably twice as strong as all of them put together without even taking Gildartz to account.

While I can take Natsu and Gajeel being above Rogue and Sting by raw battle experience and I can take Erza pulling of a Second Origin because she was hinted previously to not having used it considering her already Wizard Saint level from the start of the series, I simply can't take Gray beating Rufus and a more experienced Lion in a row and neither I can take Laxus facing Orga and beating Jura in a row.

The princess put it right when she deemed such results impossible, this miracle asspulled with the power of friendship felt so forced that anyone would believe in a dragon invasion and charge up a particle canon.

Right now, FT has greater military power than the entire Kingdom of Fiore combined if you bring Gildartz to the fray, there can be no such thing as an antagonist when you got the equivalent of 7 wizard saints and several S-class mages in a freaking single guild.

No wonder there has to come an apocalipse in this manga, anyone short of Zeref, Acnologia or an army of dragons or a combination of those wouldn't feel an adequated challenge for FT besides Madara Uchiha.

Tartarus was smart in staying out of FT's way, all Oracion Seis and Grimmoire Heart accomplished was their own destruction while Raven Tail made a joke out of itself.

I sincerely hope that a major shift in the world, which will be unleashed in July 7, wind up transforming the series into something more akin to Rave Master where the antagonists had a much needed upper hand to keep the plot going.

The moment Zeref takes the lead as main antagonist I expect him to warp the whole world into a crazy place where the massive power of FT will be mandatory for it's survival rather than showing off how awesome FT is for having boring invincible heroes.

exacta
March 08, 2013, 10:04 PM
we don't know how many armor Erza can use so babbling about how a new armor appear when she about to lose and to match her opponent are pointless. maybe after this an armor that can withstand dragon like dragon slayer appear for sake of fighting the dragon.. who know :p nah just kidding..

Actually, based on how they said it requires an incredible amount of stamina to use and Erza has never been in a state worser than she is right now, not to mention the armor basically allows the user to literally say f*ck you to any magic attack in existence, yeah I'd say some complaints are valid. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course. But here's another problem.....okay first of all, how many times has Erza said, "This is my strongest armor!" only for her to whip out a completely different armor next arc and say the exact same thing? There's just no end.....second of all, ummmm why didn't you use this armor against Azuma Erza, or Hades for pete's sake? It's like Mashima just makes Erza as strong as she needs to be at any moment in the plot.

Honestly the sooner Mashima starts this Eclipse thing the better. Then we can focus on something different. This chapter has pissed off a lot of people, I can tell, and since it's the end of the games itself, this could last for awhile, so it's good that Mashima is diving right into the Eclipse Plan, hopefully after next chapter everyone cools down.

th3zone
March 08, 2013, 10:19 PM
^^ that cocaine shit made me laugh.... Things I didn't like about this chapter was 1) gray and juvia fight against leon & chelia.. 2) pus** giving up at the end (sting). I thought fight between erza and minerva could have done at some other way where erza gets less damage and can still fight but 2nd origin thing pissed me off. 2nd origin armor takes lots of "magic" from an individual who is wearing it and YET, erza who is beater so badly has enough magic to wear it. ( i know some of u might say its because of nakama powerup but c'mon you have to have some fights were there is not nakama bullsh**t.). the one fight i really like was laxus vs jura its was fair and it wasn't based on friendship power.

Okay now to julia and gray.. I just don't have words express my frustration. ( i knew gray would win but fight shouldn't end based on team rocket kind of thing.) I don't even want to talk about sting that was the biggest upset in this chapter.

Things I liked about this chapter was the end. and mavis's eyes. (0)_(0) I have doubts that mavis knows something that even makarov(sp) doesn't know. I feel like she is hiding something. next chapter I want to know what princess will do with eclipse plan and how will Celestial wizard play a role. I hope next chapter is more so story progression and less fighting.

MBVC
March 08, 2013, 10:40 PM
Sting bailed out = the worst thing ever happens so far in this series. I meant the author might used another friendship power up 2.0 after the first one, but this bail out is way worst than :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

MechR
March 08, 2013, 10:46 PM
Actually, based on how they said it requires an incredible amount of stamina to use and Erza has never been in a state worser than she is right now, not to mention the armor basically allows the user to literally say f*ck you to any magic attack in existence, yeah I'd say some complaints are valid. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course.
She had her Second Origin in reserve. The same powerup that bumped Natsu from below Max to soloing the Twin Dragons. And the armor used it all up in moments.

But here's another problem.....okay first of all, how many times has Erza said, "This is my strongest armor!" only for her to whip out a completely different armor next arc and say the exact same thing?
Twice. Because they keep getting destroyed in their first appearance.

second of all, ummmm why didn't you use this armor against Azuma Erza, or Hades for pete's sake?Because she didn't have the juice for it until now, with Second Origin.

stevens41
March 08, 2013, 11:12 PM
All the love Sting has for his cat is stupid, everyone knows dogs are better.... :3c

That does it, you and I CANNOT be friends after you making such a horrid (and false) comment. LOL.

I enjoyed the chapter although I would had liked a bit more explanation as to why Minerva's magic didn't work or at the very least a bit more on how the armor works. Oh well, still fun to read.

suraj5898
March 08, 2013, 11:18 PM
it went as i said a few weeks ago, the unpredictable outcome was fairy tail winning without any lost after being in the last place for 7 years..

i have also wrote that .
for princess and other characters FT's win is unpredictable outcome
for us FT loose is unpredictable outcome .
so think and say what is real unpredictable outcome for princess one that we think or princess and other characters think

do u guys think that mavis know about dragons and that why she is there . u guys remember when wendy join FT Makarov did know there will be 3 DS will join FT and its beginning of something (i have read its long time ago so i dont remember exactly what its)

i dont think there r only 5 DS with cats . u guys remember Edras cat have send 100 eggs
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c198/7.html

so there is chance of FT universe have minimum 101 DS (Gajeel got his cat on Edras) its hard but not impossible to happen. and if u r fighting 10000 dragons i think they will need lots of DS

1337 haxor bro u say "you got the equivalent of 7 wizard saints and several S-class mages in a freaking single guild" who r 7 wizard saint u r talking
i mean u can say Makarov Dreyar , Laxus Dreyar and Gildarts Clive r wizard saints then who r other 4 wizard saints ????

stevens41
March 08, 2013, 11:20 PM
This chapter has pissed off a lot of people, I can tell, and since it's the end of the games itself, this could last for awhile, so it's good that Mashima is diving right into the Eclipse Plan, hopefully after next chapter everyone cools down.

It is not as if most of us pay for the manga anyway so I don't think it is unfair to say that us being "pissed off" is pretty irrelevant to Mashima, as it should be. Just saying.

SerpentTailedAngel
March 08, 2013, 11:49 PM
(I pay once it actually comes out in English. I wouldn't go online at all if Del Rey hadn't taken so long with each volume that the US ended up over 10 behind)

So I've thought about it a little, and I don't really care too much about Minerva and Lyon's defeats. There was a lot going on and it's pretty easy to assume we just saw a few snippets here and there. I am still really bothered that Sting surrendered. I'd been hoping he'd taken down a few people before losing and seeing Mili had Lector anyway, but... maybe this was good too? It's still Sting doing nothing, but other than maybe Juvia there wasn't anyone I'd want to lose to him, and in the end the reunion was just as emotional as I'd hoped. If I want to see Sting fight, I guess that's the episode that came out today.

Well, Sting was still lazy, but... meh. Not awful. Just not as good as I hoped. Not as bad as 10,000 of a giant, nigh almighty species being completely overlooked for centuries.

moonster x
March 09, 2013, 01:53 AM
2 times in this arc...She did almost the same thing with Kagura!But guys,lets deal with it!Fairy Tail will always win!Regardless of how strong is the enemy,the fights will always end with Friendship speech and victory for FT!SO,like i said,DEAL WITH IT!It would be the same for ever...=aka predictable....

2 times this arc... okay that make it more than 5 times.. lets make that fighting style her trademark :XD

Actually, based on how they said it requires an incredible amount of stamina to use and Erza has never been in a state worser than she is right now, not to mention the armor basically allows the user to literally say f*ck you to any magic attack in existence, yeah I'd say some complaints are valid. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course. But here's another problem.....okay first of all, how many times has Erza said, "This is my strongest armor!" only for her to whip out a completely different armor next arc and say the exact same thing? There's just no end.....second of all, ummmm why didn't you use this armor against Azuma Erza, or Hades for pete's sake? It's like Mashima just makes Erza as strong as she needs to be at any moment in the plot.

err... i don't know maybe that time it the strongest armor she buy.. and after her previous strongest armor broke she buy another strongest one.. and maybe this Nakagami armor she just buying it recently after getting second origin :zomg :XD

GomuGomu_Getsuga
March 09, 2013, 02:48 AM
I really don't give two shits about what happens to Sting. I'm glad he got on his knees and admitted defeat. I would have liked to see fleshed out battles with Laxas and Erza but the author must really be tired of this arc. He did waste a lot of time drawing useless fights for characters like Elfman. I honestly don't ever need to see him again.

Erza is extremely sexy and I might make her my avatar again. I think Erza and Laxas should be part of the 10 saints. It is said that no one has been capable of wearing that armor in 10 years. That is very impressive.

exacta
March 09, 2013, 02:53 AM
It is not as if most of us pay for the manga anyway so I don't think it is unfair to say that us being "pissed off" is pretty irrelevant to Mashima, as it should be. Just saying.

I can guarantee that some people who pay for the manga do, but Japan counts the most. I have a feeling they might have a better reaction to it but what do I know. I'm not going to drop FT or anything, because I'm reading it for free and it only takes a few minutes to read and I've came this far. But I call it like I see it. I thought this was poorly written. Besides, we both know that as long as we read something or watch something we are entitled to our opinions on each episode/chapter.

benelori
March 09, 2013, 05:37 AM
Most of you have been Fairy Tail readers for a very long time and must know that Mashima is someone who enjoys drawing his characters, he enjoys writing his story in just any way he pleases. Plus he is writing a story with magic for a genre that has the most and best established tropes ever: action shounen.

Considering all these, Fairy Tail will rarely present what many consider "quality writing". It just won't because Mashima already set the tone for his series, and he will almost always make FT win in the end. His favourite characters will steal the show from others and he will always think of new designs, new ways to draw those favourite characters.

This story is more about imagination, wonder, the power of friendship and the individual difficulties of some characters, and it's not designed to be tight, cohesive or any other classic and established particularity that makes a story a "quality story".

In particular this current arc, and present chapter was used to bring back FT to glory and Mashima did that with gorgeous panels and great action. Along with that it was to set up a future arc that will involve one of the central being in this universe: dragons.

I know all of this is pretty obvious, but I chose to post this, because I want to ask everyone not to hate so vigorously on things that are established parts of the manga, and things that have been played out similarly to events in the past. There's predictable cycle going on and it usually comes at the end of arcs. People hate, because they wanted something else, and yet Mashima always delivers the same things.

This community could use some positive environment here, so just enjoy the ride!

MonkeyLuffy
March 09, 2013, 06:07 AM
^Lets say that other shounen writters care about what the majority of their readers want!So,not the best thing to say "He does what he please" when the majority of the fans of some shounens are used to a better "treatment" while some FT fans are compatible with "i don't care about it so much" all the time(srsly,you care about this manga or not?lol) or "he is doing it from the beggining of the series so i ll compromise"... (when i say that some writters care about their readers,i don't mean that they do a poll to their fans or something.I mean that they know what that majority of their readers want and they do it as best they can)

Ifrit
March 09, 2013, 06:39 AM
I changed my mind. I actually admit that Erza is stronger than Makarov+Gildartz+Laxus combined together .....

I'm not making fun of Erza here btw, just think about it...an armor that can break the rules of magic ?

What next ? Armor for slaying dragons ?....I guess it's time for Erza to take the lead from Natsu. (Now I'm making Fun of Erza)

Erza VS Minerva: Again a fight where the opponent just open his mouth and wait for the final blow.

Juva + Gray...I can't even fake being excited......Lyon got trolled btw.....7 years time skip...and this is his power ?

Congratulations Mashima you've done it again !

This Arc sucks, and now waiting for those Dragons....

So no1 start raging I'll tell you why it sucks.... This Arc was heading into a good direction, but suddenly he start rushing to wrap it up..I have no idea why.

Now from all the fights I've seen this Arc....I really liked those 3 only:

1-Jura Vs Jellal the start of the fight was awesome till it ended in Fairy Tail fashion.

2- Gajeel Vs Rouge...the shadow metal thing was really cool and new to see.

3- Gray Vs Rufu ( No Nakama power )

everything else just sucks !

Beatrice
March 09, 2013, 07:29 AM
Scuse me if I'm out there by saying this, but I don't see the problem with Erzas Armor. Said herself she has like 100.

benelori
March 09, 2013, 08:03 AM
^Lets say that other shounen writters care about what the majority of their readers want!So,not the best thing to say "He does what he please" when the majority of the fans of some shounens are used to a better "treatment" while some FT fans are compatible with "i don't care about it so much" all the time(srsly,you care about this manga or not?lol) or "he is doing it from the beggining of the series so i ll compromise"... (when i say that some writters care about their readers,i don't mean that they do a poll to their fans or something.I mean that they know what that majority of their readers want and they do it as best they can)

Better treatment is very, very subjective...do the authors actually care? Perhaps...do they deliver what the fans want? Sometimes...it's still their story though, and they won't change because fans want something. Same with Mashima. He will draw and shape his story just the way he likes it, and he won't change it, because some fans want something else. Not even mentioning that the small fanbase here on MH can hardly qualify as "majority of the fans". So I'd like to ask you, do you actually know what the "majority" of the fans want? Since you're not in the "majority" or you don't know it, then you can hardly say that you know what they want.

And it's not a compromise to enjoy the ride and not bashing the series day in day out. Compromising requires that I give up something, and in this case I don't give up anything. I'm just reading a series about magic, swords and dragons, and for funny and goofy humor, that's all. And I don't care about manga, since it's not a person:p

But we're starting to get off topic, so I suggest we go back to discussing the current chapter. General analysis of this manga can be done in other threads too.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

So no1 start raging I'll tell you why it sucks.... This Arc was heading into a good direction, but suddenly he start rushing to wrap it up..I have no idea why.

I think it's because he wanted to get to the main part of this return saga. The dragons. This arc was a prelude to the real deal, which is the prophecy and the dragons. Some time had to be spared to show what the current power level is in the land, but I think that was secondary.

To be honest though, I'm not thinking of this arc as being a separate one from the upcoming dragon storyline. The great festival is over, but it's closely related to the coming of dragons, so in my opinion the arc will be over when the dragon storyline will be over. Or the prophecy storyline w/e

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Oh and by the way, since I'm here and I remembered....please check out this years Manga Awards (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/931-Manga-Awards-2012) event on MH!

Make sure to read the info thread to get a hold of the basic rules and structure and then go unleash your nominations!:party

PS:just make sure you add links into the nominated names:p

Marche
March 09, 2013, 08:58 AM
I really liked this last chapter, although the majority did not like it this is became my favourite chapter, it has also overcome the chapter in which Lluvia defeated Meldy.
I liked everything, the part between Lluvia and Gray, how Erza humiliated Minerva, how Sting has surrended and in the end the start of the Eclipse Plan 2.

I will comment everything, but now I will write about what happened between Lluvia and Gray:
I was sure since Lluvia joined the team in this last day that she and Gray would have done an unison raid against Chelia and Lyon, even if I was not sure of how it would be, I had thought of two possibilities, the first and most likely is something like what happened in this chapter.
Infact I thought that attack would have been similar to this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/306/14 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/306/15, with the only difference that instead or together with the part of ice that supported these swords there would be Lluvia’s water (if the water would be together to the ice, it would have increased the attack power of the ice).

My second hypothesis was that Lluvia would have created a tornado of water, but a tornado that would not stay immobile, ensuring them protection by the attack of Lyon and Chellia, I took this idea from here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/228/31.
While Lluvia would do that, Gray would attack with some spears of ice, something similar to this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/320/8.
Not to bad that as excuse of being defeated Mashima has chosen that Chellia was so fascinated by the power of bond between Lluvia and Gray that she was not able to put an adequate defense.
It was good because Chellia always speak of love, anyways I think that Chellia is also a little jealous of their relationship, since I think she is aware that her kind of bond with Lyon is not so strong.

Anyways to tell you the truth even if their attack was really good what I liked the most had been the scene between them aside from the fighting.
Such as the exchange of glances here, immediately after their unison raid http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/322/6 or after that Sting says he surrender http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/322/26.
Few others thing are that Lluvia holds Gray while they are going where is Sting http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/322/16 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/322/17, or meanwhile Erza and Sting chat Lluvia is going to huge Gray http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/322/27 (second and sixth pannel).
But obviously the best thing is about the “hand”, Grays says ask when she wants to leave his hand and Lluvia reply “never”.
In the truth that does not bother Gray, the problem is that Gray is only very shy, a prove of it is that while he says that he blushes.

I was forgetting to say that I liked that finally the old hag decides to roll herself.

exacta
March 09, 2013, 09:24 AM
She had her Second Origin in reserve. The same powerup that bumped Natsu from below Max to soloing the Twin Dragons. And the armor used it all up in moments.
Twice. Because they keep getting destroyed in their first appearance.
Because she didn't have the juice for it until now, with Second Origin.

Having Second Origin in reverse is weird. There was never a comment saying you could use it as some kind of release, or that you can reserve it, it needs to be explained but it won't be, so it feels like some kind of asspull. More to the point it still makes zero sense to let your opponent smack you around before using it especially when your leg was crushed by a boulder. That's just toying with the expectations of your readers. Also, Ikaruga destroyed many of Erza's armors in that fight, and they all come back. She can re-form them. And I doubt Erza can't normally use that armor without Second Origin, especially considering how much damage she let herself take before even releasing Second Origin.

moonster x
March 09, 2013, 10:35 AM
And no. Once Elsa's armors are broken, she needs to buy a new one, and each version looks different. The Tenrin armor was smashed by Ikaruga, and against Evergreen she had a different chest part. Kureha armor, first used in chapter 21, crushed by José in chapter 64, and looking different in chapter 121.

heh.. i still waiting for Erza using the Seduction Armor she buy before the fighting with Azuma... still waiting...:hip

Zeltrax
March 09, 2013, 10:46 AM
Dropped.
Don't get me wrong, it's not because of just how bad this chapter was to me but it was how unbelievably crazy I was to actually
believe that this arc would bring ft back to awesome again.
The disappointment was too great and I finally realize that FT is not worth my time anymore.
I can start my rant but it will result in this post getting deleted so I will not.
Instead I'll just say that I hope that maybe one day you guys who stick with it will be rewarded in the end.
At this point I honestly couldn't care or give a single flying piece of...about it anymore.

amizou
March 09, 2013, 10:58 AM
I started to hate this forum, with all respect i cant find soemone who understood why they win just because of strong feeling, have you bee reading Fairy tail from the start, the last arc before the jump of 7 years, all it was about is the origine of magic, and the conclusion was love, so love make your magic stronger in the same way you become stronger when you fight for those you love, it's just that simple, fairytail is a guild of love, not hatred, not revenge, not just fooling around, they have strong bonds and they are much stronger because they have more feelings.

MonkeyLuffy
March 09, 2013, 11:17 AM
I started to hate this forum, with all respect i cant find soemone who understood why they win just because of strong feeling, have you bee reading Fairy tail from the start, the last arc before the jump of 7 years, all it was about is the origine of magic, and the conclusion was love, so love make your magic stronger in the same way you become stronger when you fight for those you love, it's just that simple, fairytail is a guild of love, not hatred, not revenge, not just fooling around, they have strong bonds and they are much stronger because they have more feelings.

Yeah,love and feelings are privileges only for FT!!

-Ken-
March 09, 2013, 11:19 AM
^^ that cocaine shit made me laugh.... Things I didn't like about this chapter was 1) gray and juvia fight against leon & chelia.. 2) pus** giving up at the end (sting). I thought fight between erza and minerva could have done at some other way where erza gets less damage and can still fight but 2nd origin thing pissed me off. 2nd origin armor takes lots of "magic" from an individual who is wearing it and YET, erza who is beater so badly has enough magic to wear it. ( i know some of u might say its because of nakama powerup but c'mon you have to have some fights were there is not nakama bullsh**t.). the one fight i really like was laxus vs jura its was fair and it wasn't based on friendship power.

She doesn't wear the armor because of friendship power up, she wear it because of magic that she gained from 2nd origin powerup. And 2nd origin is given to her (and unlike Gray or Juvia or Lucy, who mention that their 2nd origin power them up before, Erza doesn't say "Look at my 2nd origin power up" during her fight with 100 demon.) more than a few chapters ago. It's not bs powerup.

I don't even think Asuma fight is that much of a bs. Asuma was dumb for trying to use Erza's friend magic to hurt Erza. If Asuma is TRULY strong enough, he would be able to make Fairy Tail magic hurt Erza. But he's not strong enough, as shown by the page that he's unable to make fairy tail magic hurt erza. Sure, some people will say it's nakama bs because they want fairy tail to lose, but in moment like that, I call the user's stupid instead of bs.

Razh
March 09, 2013, 11:33 AM

It's gotten a little boring after 322 chapters, that's all. No matter how much love you have, you're bound to lose once in a while against someone who has more POWER or SKILL. There's a limit in how far love, courage, determination or spite can get you. It's disappointing that FT can breeze through most of the fights even after being away for 7 years. Mashima even has to bring out 10000 dragons to makes us at least a little scared for the future of our main heroes.

P.S. You can't buy mangas like this in every country in the world. Believe it or not, I prefer reading paper than screen. If I have a problem, I'll discuss about it freely. My opinion doesn't matter less just because Mashima, Oda, Kubo or Kishimoto never earned money on me. (Hoping they will at some point.)

benelori
March 09, 2013, 11:59 AM
Moved some posts to this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2989984-How-FT-falls-short-and-how-it-gets-it-right.). Please continue the analysis on Fairy Tail there. The posts have content from this chapter, but I won't start chopping up posts. So feel free to edit them to suit the topic in that thread.

Also please calm down and stay on topic:p

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Yeah,love and feelings are privileges only for FT!!

It's the way the story is designed. Each guild has a theme attached to it...Fairy Tail's is love, and that is why it plays a special role in anything they do...

MonkeyLuffy
March 09, 2013, 01:02 PM
Moved some posts to this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2989984-How-FT-falls-short-and-how-it-gets-it-right.). Please continue the analysis on Fairy Tail there. The posts have content from this chapter, but I won't start chopping up posts. So feel free to edit them to suit the topic in that thread.

Also please calm down and stay on topic:p

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

It's the way the story is designed. Each guild has a theme attached to it...Fairy Tail's is love, and that is why it plays a special role in anything they do...

as i know,other guilds also have feelings for their guildmates and a big love for their guild(etc,Jura).But they all lose.And what are these attachments of the other guilds.Did Mashima ever stated them?

hoeru
March 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
as i know,other guilds also have feelings for their guildmates and a big love for their guild(etc,Jura).But they all lose.And what are these attachments of the other guilds.Did Mashima ever stated them?

Quatro Cerberos's main theme is obviously "wildness", Blue Pegasus's is obviously "beautiness", Saber Tooth's was "strength above all".

Mashima stated them by their appearance.

amizou
March 09, 2013, 01:41 PM
It's gotten a little boring after 322 chapters, that's all. No matter how much love you have, you're bound to lose once in a while against someone who has more POWER or SKILL. There's a limit in how far love, courage, determination or spite can get you. It's disappointing that FT can breeze through most of the fights even after being away for 7 years. Mashima even has to bring out 10000 dragons to makes us at least a little scared for the future of our main heroes.

P.S. You can't buy mangas like this in every country in the world. Believe it or not, I prefer reading paper than screen. If I have a problem, I'll discuss about it freely. My opinion doesn't matter less just because Mashima, Oda, Kubo or Kishimoto never earned money on me. (Hoping they will at some point.)

You are right but the strength and the love is the same in this manga, in aother manga, if you do more training you get more powerfull in this Fairy tail if you love more you get more powerfull because magic started with love in other words love is magic.

SerpentTailedAngel
March 09, 2013, 02:02 PM
heh.. i still waiting for Erza using the Seduction Armor she buy before the fighting with Azuma... still waiting...:hip

Totally forgot about that. Fingers crossed that something will force her to fight against Jellal in the future.

So next chapter we find out if the eclipse really does have a second feature or not. The princess seems pretty convinced sooooooo... I'm guessing that if the gate really doesn't have that backup feature, then future!Lucy was lying.

Razh
March 09, 2013, 02:04 PM
You are right but the strength and the love is the same in this manga, in aother manga, if you do more training you get more powerfull in this Fairy tail if you love more you get more powerfull because magic started with love in other words love is magic.

It's not as simple as that. To get strong, you need to train, and a lot. What Mashima is bascally saying is: "If there are 2 mages of the same level fighting, the one that has things he cares about, things he wants to protect, will win."

liductan
March 09, 2013, 03:22 PM
Geez..it's war zone in here..:lmao
I am so glad the next chapter will be about that shadow. It will help take my mind of this chapter and maybe change my perspective..I actually feel like mashima did me a favor by finishing up the tournament now..Reading about the fights chapter to chapter would've been painful and slow torture.

SerpentTailedAngel
March 09, 2013, 03:47 PM
Wait, what?
*checks*
Wow. I guess I failed to scroll down all the way. I should read these chapters slower. So it's that shadow and not the eclipse that's getting focused on... huh.

Well... then I guess I'll be interested to see if the shadow is some big villain or just this thing that harasses Rogue. It would be sorta funny to see Rogue have his own personal demon giving him grief, but... Mashima probably wouldn't go that route.

llamapie
March 09, 2013, 03:58 PM
Dropped.
Don't get me wrong, it's not because of just how bad this chapter was to me but it was how unbelievably crazy I was to actually
The disappointment was too great and I finally realize that FT is not worth my time anymore.
I can start my rant but it will result in this post getting deleted so I will not.
Instead I'll just say that I hope that maybe one day you guys who stick with it will be rewarded in the end.
At this point I honestly couldn't care or give a single flying piece of...about it anymore.

The arc isn't over. The games were a side story to what the actual plot is. I still have my hopes up.

Krono
March 09, 2013, 05:01 PM
Dropped.

You do realize the arc isn't over, right? It's had two main plots at work in it. The Tournament itself, which was pretty much destined to be the tale of Fairy Tail regaining it's place at the top. Even had Sting gone through with his plan and won, everyone would praise Fairy Tail as the strongest as they'd realize that Sting only won because he waited to attack Fairy Tail after they'd exhausted themselves against more worthy foes. This one is essentially concluded. The second plot is the mysterious power like Zeref's that Jellal and company had been sensing at the games. That's lead to the Eclipse plan, future Lucy, Charle's visions, and assorted other things including narrative suggesting disaster on July 7th (they're on July 6th). This one is still on going.

Sollum
March 09, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hmmm, i actually loved this chapter. Yay! FT is Top 1 again!

It was sad to see DAT EYEBROW crying :(

I don't mind "Love" as booster power and i doubt many people really hate it that much. Problem is story passing.
FT Wins, FT Losses, FT Wins, FT Losses, FT Wins, FT Losses, FT Wins, FT Losses
It's like you heat up metal in forge, throw it into cold water, put it back into forge, throw it back into cold water.
There has to be some sort of transaction...

amitnaruto
March 09, 2013, 08:36 PM

I may have the answer to that. FAiry tail fights not for itself but other people true they get fame and glory but its for the guild not individual people even throughout the series the guild's reputation was more important. In other guilds people do team up but only for personal greed and personal gains take a look at Sabertooth guild, sabertooth only hired five unique mages that could make his guild number 1 but nothing else (only his own fame, glory and women) he never trained them or made them stronger or gave them intelligent advice of any sort. Now in Fairy tail you do train (Natsu fights Gray, and Erza, Laxus and other S-class mages to get stronger he learnt their strength and power and is even now stronger then them), and the guild master is very wise who actually protects them like his own children so their powerful on those grounds, it really is a place to not only learn dangerous dangerous magic but also to be able to use it justly and rightly.
WE also learn one other thing, the uniqueness of the guild is really no one and i mean NO ONE ever gives up and admits defeat, Sting did easily realizing the potential of a loss where a FT mage never would hence the reasoning of them being last for the last 7 years they still participated they never dropped out of the competition so its really a personality and character building guild hence their victories on such a large scale

MechR
March 09, 2013, 08:41 PM
Having Second Origin in reverse is weird. There was never a comment saying you could use it as some kind of release, or that you can reserve it, it needs to be explained but it won't be, so it feels like some kind of asspull.
If the trick were mentioned in advance, it'd be less surprising. "Predictable," even :derp More importantly, it resolves the powerlevel contradiction of Kagura cleaning Erza's clock compared to regular Natsu soloing Dragon Force Unison Raid Sting + Rogue. (Dang, I had almost forgotten about the Unison Raid part :-_-)

More to the point it still makes zero sense to let your opponent smack you around before using it especially when your leg was crushed by a boulder.
True. Maybe she just wanted to figure out Minerva's magic before bulldozing her.

That's just toying with the expectations of your readers.
Eh, I was totally expecting Minerva to get her comeuppance somehow. To me the only question was if Mashima would even try to explain the "somehow" part, and I think this solution fits better than I was hoping/fearing.

Also, Ikaruga destroyed many of Erza's armors in that fight, and they all come back.Not the Purgatory Armor. Nor Armadura Fairy. She never pulled those out again in the manga, and she even regretted not having them while fighting Azuma.

She can re-form them.
She can get them fixed in between missions. Might even have spares. The ultimates are harder to replace.

And I doubt Erza can't normally use that armor without Second Origin, especially considering how much damage she let herself take before even releasing Second Origin.
1) Depends how ridiculous Second Origin is. Judging by Natsu's jump in power, it's pretty ridiculous.
2) Even if she could use it without SO, it'd probably take her entire mana tank. And her important fights never start with her at 100%.

Krono
March 09, 2013, 11:38 PM
Having Second Origin in reverse is weird. There was never a comment saying you could use it as some kind of release, or that you can reserve it, it needs to be explained but it won't be, so it feels like some kind of asspull. More to the point it still makes zero sense to let your opponent smack you around before using it especially when your leg was crushed by a boulder. That's just toying with the expectations of your readers. Also, Ikaruga destroyed many of Erza's armors in that fight, and they all come back. She can re-form them. And I doubt Erza can't normally use that armor without Second Origin, especially considering how much damage she let herself take before even releasing Second Origin.

Her having Second Origin in reserve was her holding back on using her power. What Erza did was essentially no different than what Laxus did here:

http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7237-19/fairy-tail/chapter-122.html
http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7237-20/fairy-tail/chapter-122.html
http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7238-2/fairy-tail/chapter-123.html
http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7238-3/fairy-tail/chapter-123.html
http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7238-4/fairy-tail/chapter-123.html

Only instead of screaming about relying on power, she just said Second Origin release.

Her armors aren't "re-formed", she has to pay to have them repaired. Hence why she didn't have the Fairy Armor or Purgatory Armor in the Azuma fight, they were still broken.

Not the Purgatory Armor. Nor Armadura Fairy. She never pulled those out again in the manga, and she even regretted not having them while fighting Azuma.

Actually she has used the Purgatory Armor again:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/257/10

MechR
March 10, 2013, 01:50 AM
Actually she has used the Purgatory Armor again:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/257/10
Whoops. Must've been sitting in the repair shop for 7 years :blink

MonkeyLuffy
March 10, 2013, 06:44 AM
Quatro Cerberos's main theme is obviously "wildness", Blue Pegasus's is obviously "beautiness", Saber Tooth's was "strength above all".

Mashima stated them by their appearance.

So you tell me that the other guild mates from other guilds are robots without feelings?Love and friendship is unkown to them??Lamia Scale,Blue pegasus,Mermaid Heel members are not the same with Raven Tail,Sabertooth or twilight ogre.They care for each other and they also want to win for their pride!Also,Sting love his cat,and we all saw that when his guild master hurt his cat,he got really angry.So,what im saying is that,there are guilds with feelings and love,but only FT use love and firendship for power up!And that's kinda...:@

Also,what do u mean that Mashima stated by their apearance.With this logic,FT have to look like Beatles,peace and love brother ...lol

Marche
March 10, 2013, 07:22 AM
In this chapter has been said that Erza’s new armour can cut the magic, she can break the rules of magic.
I don’t know if Erza can cut all the type of magic, for example even the lighting/ice/water/fire magic indifferently or if she must know what type of magic her opponents uses.

In the first case she can just cut all the type of magic, she has gained a power similar to that of Gildzarts (infact even him can just cut the magic of the enemy, just like he did with Natsu http://www.mangareader.net/135-58079-15/fairy-tail/chapter-205.html http://www.mangareader.net/135-58079-16/fairy-tail/chapter-205.html or with Bluenote http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/238/15).
She can cut all type of magic, indifferently, in someway this armour is an expansion of others Erza’s armour (like that Sea armour, the fire armour or the lighting armour, since these armours can nullify one a kind of magic at a time), while now she would be able to nullify every magic regardless what type of magic the opponent has.
In this case she has really became very powerfull, I think that only someone that has the “crushing magic” like for example Gildzarts wil be abe to defeat her.

In the second case she must know the type of magic of the enemy, in this second case Natsu can defeat her, since he is able to use use two different type of magic (lighting and fire), because he can switch in the last instant what type of magic use.

Anyways I don’t think that is too strange that Erza is able to relase the second origin at her will, even if the others use it together with the first container.
Infact when they are not fighting or sparring I believe that the wizards don’t consume magical power, so the first container is not exhausted.
For this reason even if it is possible that Erza decided to use the same method that in someway locks the first container to the second container.

The only that I don’t liked it was that Mashima give us some hint that suggested that Erza had already the second origin, for example what the group said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/265/3, but even most important is that she had not the mark “of the awakening” in her body http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/264/18.
Infact if Mashima would have showed us her marks even if this would have taken out the effect of surprise, I think that this would have been better, we readers would have accepted it easily, and beside that would have showed again how much Erza is able to endure the pain.

kakashidad
March 10, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mods...how come you guys can like more than one ''poll section''?are you abusing your powers,lol?It's clear that we
non mods only have 1 option.

Lozmaster
March 10, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mods...how come you guys can like more than one ''poll section''?are you abusing your powers,lol?It's clear that we
non mods only have 1 option.

No? look at the list of people who voted, plenty of -non- mods voted for more than one option. You just click more than one box before you vote...

hoeru
March 10, 2013, 08:22 AM
So you tell me that the other guild mates from other guilds are robots without feelings?Love and friendship is unkown to them??Lamia Scale,Blue pegasus,Mermaid Heel members are not the same with Raven Tail,Sabertooth or twilight ogre.They care for each other and they also want to win for their pride!Also,Sting love his cat,and we all saw that when his guild master hurt his cat,he got really angry.So,what im saying is that,there are guilds with feelings and love,but only FT use love and firendship for power up!And that's kinda...:@

No, of course not. But that wasn't what you asked for. Read the Loki arc: The members of other guilds for sure aren't as determined to friendship or comradeship to other beings as Fairy Tail. Most mages come together into a guild as a community to work together. That doesn't mean they were robots, but Fairy Tail is one big happy family, while other guilds just aren't.

Also,what do u mean that Mashima stated by their apearance.With this logic,FT have to look like Beatles,peace and love brother ...lol

So, you've yet decided to keep on trolling. Fine.

kakashidad
March 10, 2013, 08:25 AM
This is Fairy tail...deal with it.The concept of love trumping all is not new.It's a theme that even the noble bard wrote of
quite alot,lol.So i'm not going to bitch or rant on that.However i did not like the way Gray and Juvia fight with lyon and
Chelia was mainly off paneled.The end result was predictable.

Ezra,always seems to rile the same folks in this forum...oh well.Her second origin release enabled her (imo) to use that
new suit...or the suit we just saw for the first time.Now just think for a second here,Second origin release enables the
user to access MORE magic.The new suit consume a GREAT deal of magic.Now really what's wrong here?She is left with
almost no magical power after defeating ''that bitch''.As she reverts back to normal almost straight away.When she stood
in front of sting alongside her namaka's she had nothing but sheer determination in my opinion.

And sting says as much.

Now at first i had huge problems with how Sting just meakly surrendered to FT.But his sole purpose was for his pussy
to see his true strenght.And as he stated.Even if he won,he was not sure he'd see lector again...hence the sickening
show of affection for his cat.Once he realized that he was very much alive.(Don't get me wrong i'd have loved a proper fight)
but i think he still had the memory of NATSU owning his ass.And Ezra keeps Natsu in his place,lol.

Ezra was'nt even the team captain yet i'm reading that she's stronger than Makrov Gildartz and laxus,lol.I know that
comment was born out of frustration and a little tongue in cheek.No mate i don't think she can or is.

If i'm honest i could of done with a better ending fight wise,but this is not the end of this title so why fuss about it?
Hopefully The elcipse plan will enable us to see the 10,000 dragons?Mavis expression kind ofmakes me think that
she is expecting something else to happen.That shadow that fled from Gajeel and Rios/Rogue fight will have a major
play in their resortation methinks.

Eitherway i'll still pick up this title to read again.It's fun i don't take it as seriously as some....laters.

Lozmaster
March 10, 2013, 09:24 AM
Ezra was'nt even the team captain yet i'm reading that she's stronger than Makrov Gildartz and laxus,lol.I know that
comment was born out of frustration and a little tongue in cheek.No mate i don't think she can or is.

I thought we didn't find out who fairy tails captain was. Yes, it probably is Laxus, but we don't actually know.

MonkeyLuffy
March 10, 2013, 10:13 AM
No, of course not. But that wasn't what you asked for. Read the Loki arc: The members of other guilds for sure aren't as determined to friendship or comradeship to other beings as Fairy Tail. Most mages come together into a guild as a community to work together. That doesn't mean they were robots, but Fairy Tail is one big happy family, while other guilds just aren't.

So, you've yet decided to keep on trolling. Fine.

And how you know that other guilds don't work as a family?You are still based in your personal opinion and no to facts...Mashima never said that Lamia Scale,Blue pegasus,Mermaid Heel are not families.Blue Pegasus work as a family too.They fight together,they live together,they eat together and they are friends...Kagura was like sister to Millianna and she was enraged with Erza.But guess what,she almost lost from Erza.Because,Erza is a ft member...-.-

And im not trolling,im joking.Relax bro!

kakashidad
March 10, 2013, 02:02 PM
I thought we didn't find out who fairy tails captain was. Yes, it probably is Laxus, but we don't actually know.

Sorry,i thought it was obvious.Once we saw the like of Jura and Ichiy getting crossed
off the battle charts? The last member was the team captain.Minevra for sabertooth,
Laxus for Fairy tail,Jura for lamia scale,kagura for MH and so on...sorry i thought that
this was already established.

maravish
March 10, 2013, 06:47 PM
What I wanna know is..where is Gildartz

hoeru
March 10, 2013, 06:54 PM
What I wanna know is..where is Gildartz

Making a big tour around the world and being a Fairy Tail member. Chapter 299.

exacta
March 10, 2013, 08:46 PM
If the trick were mentioned in advance, it'd be less surprising. "Predictable," even :derp More importantly, it resolves the powerlevel contradiction of Kagura cleaning Erza's clock compared to regular Natsu soloing Dragon Force Unison Raid Sting + Rogue. (Dang, I had almost forgotten about the Unison Raid part :-_-)
True. Maybe she just wanted to figure out Minerva's magic before bulldozing her.
Eh, I was totally expecting Minerva to get her comeuppance somehow. To me the only question was if Mashima would even try to explain the "somehow" part, and I think this solution fits better than I was hoping/fearing.
Not the Purgatory Armor. Nor Armadura Fairy. She never pulled those out again in the manga, and she even regretted not having them while fighting Azuma.
She can get them fixed in between missions. Might even have spares. The ultimates are harder to replace.
1) Depends how ridiculous Second Origin is. Judging by Natsu's jump in power, it's pretty ridiculous.
2) Even if she could use it without SO, it'd probably take her entire mana tank. And her important fights never start with her at 100%.

Of course Minerva was going to get what she deserved, but Mashima did not give that fight the treatment it deserved. Suddenly out of nowhere Erza just completely and swiftly dominates. Not exciting at all or satisfying. Minerva deserved a cruel beatdown like the one she gave to Kagura, Lucy and Milliana. I'm not saying she should've been tortured since Erza's not evil, but come on, smack that bitch around a bit before having her collapse Mashima! It's not like anyone thought Erza wasn't going to win, so it wouldn't of mattered if that aspect of Second Origin was explained back then and then it would make sense. The Purgatory Armor actually has reappeared in the anime. Technically not canon, but I'd like to assume the anime and manga should have the same rules.

I'd say Erza can do anything the story needs her to at this point. And if she saved Second Origin as a second magical reserve, then that means she used up her first one, so it's is entirely possible she could without Second Origin, also don't know why she would've had it before getting Second Origin if she couldn't use it. I'd prefer Erza win her fight like she did against Midnight, systematically and strategically beating her opponent instead of just pulling another ultimate armor out of her butt. I mean if Minerva's magic is what she says it is, then it should be way too powerful to be defeated by simply charging at the opponent and slashing, of course once Erza donned the Nakagami armor that didn't really matter anyway since she can just cancel Minerva's magic apparently.

Krono
March 10, 2013, 09:21 PM
I'd say Erza can do anything the story needs her to at this point. And if she saved Second Origin as a second magical reserve, then that means she used up her first one, so it's is entirely possible she could without Second Origin, also don't know why she would've had it before getting Second Origin if she couldn't use it.

Erza definitely wasn't out of magic from her first container when she used Second Origin. She used SO because she was in such bad physical shape that she needed to be overwhelming powerful to deal with Minerva quickly. She just wasn't in the physical shape to manage a drawn out battle with someone on roughly the same level as her.

I'd prefer Erza win her fight like she did against Midnight, systematically and strategically beating her opponent instead of just pulling another ultimate armor out of her butt. I mean if Minerva's magic is what she says it is, then it should be way too powerful to be defeated by simply charging at the opponent and slashing, of course once Erza donned the Nakagami armor that didn't really matter anyway since she can just cancel Minerva's magic apparently.

Am I the only one that remembers that Minerva herself admitted that she couldn't defeat both Kagura and Erza at the same time? Her magic isn't nearly as powerful and broken as people seem to think.

MechR
March 11, 2013, 01:35 AM
Of course Minerva was going to get what she deserved, but Mashima did not give that fight the treatment it deserved. Suddenly out of nowhere Erza just completely and swiftly dominates. Not exciting at all or satisfying. Minerva deserved a cruel beatdown like the one she gave to Kagura, Lucy and Milliana. I'm not saying she should've been tortured since Erza's not evil, but come on, smack that bitch around a bit before having her collapse Mashima!
She did land a few choice dagger hits the week before... I guess I can understand your desire, but combo finishers are rare in FT to begin with. (Off the top of my head I only remember Luxus and Hades.) When Erza pulled out the new armor, I pretty much knew the final blow was coming next week. Wasn't sure the armor's abilities would even be revealed first.

It's not like anyone thought Erza wasn't going to win, so it wouldn't of mattered if that aspect of Second Origin was explained back then and then it would make sense.
I still think it isn't strictly necessary. Anime characters/writers save tricks for mid-battle all the time. We did know she had SO, just not that it could be turned back off. But the reveal helpfully explained a few issues that had been bugging me, so I could buy it.

The Purgatory Armor actually has reappeared in the anime. Technically not canon, but I'd like to assume the anime and manga should have the same rules.
I tend to be skeptical of anime-only stuff since it's not from Mashima himself, and things get badly OOC sometimes (ex. Gray in the Dragonoid mini-arc).

I'd say Erza can do anything the story needs her to at this point. And if she saved Second Origin as a second magical reserve, then that means she used up her first one, so it's is entirely possible she could without Second Origin
Assuming the primary tank is equal or larger than Second Origin. In Natsu's case it looks like he got >2x stronger, since there's no way Max is stronger than Sting or Rogue. And like I said, Erza tends to be partly empty by the time her important fights roll around each arc, further reducing her chances to have used the armor in actual crises.

also don't know why she would've had it before getting Second Origin if she couldn't use it.
Haven't you ever picked up a weapon higher than your level in a multiplayer RPG, and saved it for later?

I'd prefer Erza win her fight like she did against Midnight, systematically and strategically beating her opponent instead of just pulling another ultimate armor out of her butt.
Me too. OTOH, this is the first time she's actually won by pulling out an ultimate, and it's preferable to her winning with no explanation (again), which was a distinct possibility.

I mean if Minerva's magic is what she says it is, then it should be way too powerful to be defeated by simply charging at the opponent and slashing, of course once Erza donned the Nakagami armor that didn't really matter anyway since she can just cancel Minerva's magic apparently.Erza basically figured out last chapter that the magic is limited by Minerva's vision. (Or well, Minerva bragged it out loud, thinking Erza was too exhausted to be a threat.) If she were in better shape, she might've finished Minerva off right then, instead of just cutting her up a bit.

MonkeyLuffy
March 11, 2013, 10:33 AM
Of course Minerva was going to get what she deserved, but Mashima did not give that fight the treatment it deserved. Suddenly out of nowhere Erza just completely and swiftly dominates. Not exciting at all or satisfying. Minerva deserved a cruel beatdown like the one she gave to Kagura, Lucy and Milliana. I'm not saying she should've been tortured since Erza's not evil, but come on, smack that bitch around a bit before having her collapse Mashima! It's not like anyone thought Erza wasn't going to win, so it wouldn't of mattered if that aspect of Second Origin was explained back then and then it would make sense. The Purgatory Armor actually has reappeared in the anime. Technically not canon, but I'd like to assume the anime and manga should have the same rules.

I'd say Erza can do anything the story needs her to at this point. And if she saved Second Origin as a second magical reserve, then that means she used up her first one, so it's is entirely possible she could without Second Origin, also don't know why she would've had it before getting Second Origin if she couldn't use it. I'd prefer Erza win her fight like she did against Midnight, systematically and strategically beating her opponent instead of just pulling another ultimate armor out of her butt. I mean if Minerva's magic is what she says it is, then it should be way too powerful to be defeated by simply charging at the opponent and slashing, of course once Erza donned the Nakagami armor that didn't really matter anyway since she can just cancel Minerva's magic apparently.

This guy says,with less words,that FT manga ,dont have power limits.Like,give me a name of an opponent that would face FT members and would not lose!Right now,with new the second origin,the new feature of the Dragon slayers that can sallow more than one magic types,the friendship speeches that give to them enormous stamina and power ,the hidden magic of FT guild that is unknown(so Mashima can do everything with this power) FT have no limit to its powers!

Krono
March 11, 2013, 12:04 PM
This guy says,with less words,that FT manga ,dont have power limits.Like,give me a name of an opponent that would face FT members and would not lose!Right now,with new the second origin,the new feature of the Dragon slayers that can sallow more than one magic types,the friendship speeches that give to them enormous stamina and power ,the hidden magic of FT guild that is unknown(so Mashima can do everything with this power) FT have no limit to its powers!

Acnologia and Zeref come to mind. In general "no limits to its power" is something that can be claimed about a lot of series at various points after it's protagonists have gone through a power increase. I could make the same hyperbole claim about One Piece and Naruto right now for example. In general characters that get an increase in power, get to show off said increase in ways that doesn't involve losing immediately. That doesn't mean they're invincible. Particularly in a case like this where they exhausted themselves to win, and one more decently strong foe could have defeated them.

Senju
March 11, 2013, 12:30 PM
zeref will probably lose to the "friends = power up" speach

liductan
March 11, 2013, 12:41 PM
Oh, come..That was obvious a long time ago..Doesn't everybody lose to "friends = power up" speach.

Marche
March 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
Sting:
I have to say that I really like how Mashima drew the arrival of the member of Fairy Tail in the place where there is Sting, that is very similar as it was designed the arrival of the member of Fairy Tail in the place where there was the ship of GH, in the place where there was Hades.
I really liked what happened with Sting.
From the raw seem that he had surrendered because he feared Fairy Tail, even if they had almost completely consumed their magical power and despite they were covered with wounds, while him at the opposite was in perfect conditions.

Fortunetely the first impression that we got after seeing few pages of the raw was completely wrong.
Anyways after what he said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/313/21 that his was strategy was to wait until the end, and then finish off all the remainder fighters that were still standing.
Even if I have to admit that I thought that he would have defeated them with sneaky attack, just like he did with Bacchus.

Anyways after seeing that the member of Fairy Tail fights for their friends just like him, and that they fight with everything that they have, without using any dirty trick, Sting finally understands that even if he would have defeated them, and this would be really easy since they after all their fights that they had were barely still standing, just like even Sting said, that victory would have really no value.
Winning in such us manner would have even meaning that the value of Lector for Sting would be really low.
Another reason is perhaps for the promise that he did with Sting when he was young, he understood that even if he would have won, winning in such us manner would have not prove that he was the strongest.

Anwyays what was really impossible to predict was not that all the members of Fairy Tail would be undefeated, because even if their opponents were really strong like Jura or Lyon, they had already showed their strength.
The real thing to predict was that Sting would have admit defeat.
Infact until his defeat against Natsu, and with what has happened after (the fear to lose Lector and with it the the acknowledgment of the importance of the friendship) no one could have imaginated that Sting would have admit his defeat, because before of it he would have defeated them all, since before of it Sting would have thought “victory is absolute, no matter how that came”, just like said Macchiavelli “the object/purpose justifies the means”, just like still thinks Minerva (even if now even her could change her way of thinking).

MonkeyLuffy
March 11, 2013, 03:39 PM
Acnologia and Zeref come to mind. In general "no limits to its power" is something that can be claimed about a lot of series at various points after it's protagonists have gone through a power increase. I could make the same hyperbole claim about One Piece and Naruto right now for example. In general characters that get an increase in power, get to show off said increase in ways that doesn't involve losing immediately. That doesn't mean they're invincible. Particularly in a case like this where they exhausted themselves to win, and one more decently strong foe could have defeated them.

Nah,Luffy is not capable to beat the strongest fighters alone.In fact he is maybe not capable to beat the strongest fighters in general for a LOOONG time.In Naruto maybe u r right,but what i'm saying is that,we haven't seen even in the minimum,how powerful FT is.They won very easily,and for that reason we don't know their limits.Before TS,they would have lost against Achnologia and Zeref,but now,with all these powers(and i bet that until this fight,they would have earned more powers) they won't have a problem.It's maybe just me,but they didn't tasted lost in the whole series(is achonologia considered as a lost?) and thats why i have this feeling!

exacta
March 11, 2013, 05:48 PM
Am I the only one that remembers that Minerva herself admitted that she couldn't defeat both Kagura and Erza at the same time? Her magic isn't nearly as powerful and broken as people seem to think.

Yeah but Erza said Kagura was so strong it was "eye-opening" for her, that being before she even unsheathed her sword, and we know how that turned out, and Minerva is supposed to be able to control all space within her field of vision, and even alter its properties. Kind of makes charging in for close combat sound like a pretty bad idea unless you go from behind. Whatever though, I just want to move on to the Eclipse Plan. I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

EMS
March 11, 2013, 09:26 PM
I like where the plot is going but the fights aren't as good as they could be, I mean jura,orga,minerva for example were nothing but disappointing while I hope the plot with 10,000 dragons isn't nothing as the fights in the tournament..

SerpentTailedAngel
March 11, 2013, 11:50 PM
I... wouldn't mind if the fights had a bit more strategy to them. But it could be worse. It could be power of friendship on top of ten chapters of back and forth pulling out stronger moves whenever two people fight.

zeref will probably lose to the "friends = power up" speach
Zeref doesn't want to fight. He sees the value of life and has realized the error of his ways... or something.
It won't kill me if the shadow is part of some separate plot, but I'm really hoping that it will pull Zeref back into the story because I want to know what is up with him.

Marche
March 12, 2013, 02:45 PM
From the comments that I read after the chapter 322 several user don’t like this chapter because in this chapter Minerva’s character was crushed, because few of them thought was the villain of this arc.
I don’t agree, or at least only partially.
Infact this arc has two plot, one is the tournament, and in this she is surely the best opponents, the real enemy, but the second plot and most importantly the enemy are the dragons and/or the mysterious shadow that controlled Sting.

In the truth there was the possibility that Minerva secretely was working for the third dark-guild, Tartaurus, and to tell the truth after the chapter 300 the possibility of this increased, after he comments after that Sting attacked her father http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/13.
But after that in chapter 307 revealed what happened immediately after that I changed my mind.
Infact after that it was clear that Minerva real plan was only that to became the next master, infact even if she proposed Sting in the truth she wanted her as next master of Sabertooth.
Her objective was the same of her fathers, makes Sabertooth the best guild of Fiore.
The difference is that Gemma used brute strength, while Gemma use only brute force, Minerva tries to manipulate the others and with sneaky attack.

In a similar way like did Urtear.
For this reason several user said that she would be the new Urtear, but I never believed this, the way in which Urtear manipulated the others was far better, it was more elaborated and beside Urtear was really sexy while Minerva is damn ugly, just like I already said after the chapter 321 in Minerva’s own thread.

Anyways after this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/313/21 I was sure that Sting would be last member of Sabertooth, and that Minerva would have been defeat before of him, even I must admit that I thought that she would have been defeated by another member of FT, after that she defeated Erza (in the truth after that we discovered of the dragon’s attack there I thought for a moment that she would have win the tournament, but while the dragon attacked she would be full of fear, she would have remained immobile from the fear).

DR.DOOM
March 14, 2013, 11:02 PM
Sorry to say but FT has become silly at this point. Every fight was rushed.

SerpentTailedAngel
March 14, 2013, 11:28 PM
Actually, one of the things I liked about FT from the start was that the fights rarely took more than a few chapters. Gray and Lyon's match was four chapters if you count the flashbacks and breaks here and there to show Natsu chasing Zalty. What changed about the fights is that they stopped winning by things like convection drawing Erigor's wind armor away and started winning by determination or friendship.

KingOfNight
March 15, 2013, 04:03 AM
No chapter this week or what ?

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 15, 2013, 04:06 AM
Guess the raw providers aren't as excited now that we're back to the drag of the Eclipse story.