PDA

View Full Version : Stark & Orihime, Rukia & Gin panels

RhyssaFireheart
April 28, 2008, 12:09 AM
Two panels I've colored from Bleach so far.

Stark and Orihime from chapter 313, page 14, panel 1.
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/095/2/9/Bleach_Stark_and_Orihime_by_RhyssaFireheart.jpg

Rukia and Gin from chapter 145, page 12, panel 1.
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/117/8/e/Bleach_Ch__145___Rukia_and_Gin_by_RhyssaFireheart.jpg

I've just just started working on doing a full painting (no lineart) of chapter 213, page 18 featuring Gin in his Espada outfit for a friend and I'm currently in the middle of working on chapter 298, pages 15-16 spread showing Mayuri, Unohana and Byakuya arriving in HM. Here's a WIP in case anyone's curious.

http://coeurdefeu.com/hosted/20080426_bleach_capts_wip.jpg

Ketamine
April 28, 2008, 06:20 AM
Inoue's hair is great ! I love it ! (I'm trying to make an Inoue, and his hair makes me sick :/)

But with Stark, even if it's beautifull, you could have make his true hair color, and made "every" hair !

With Rukia's hair, you can put off the original "reflect" of light, that Kubo puts, it's Ugly!
Do yours !

I like the way that you try do make "real noses", and realistic faces, playing with shadows, but with Rukia, it's strange, maybe too thick :/

PS: Tu parles français? Bordel si c'est le cas ça me casse les couilles d'avoir fait cette critique en anglais! XD

black_burn
April 28, 2008, 10:31 AM
great job, orihime's hair is excellent.

RhyssaFireheart
April 28, 2008, 11:11 AM
Inoue's hair is great ! I love it ! (I'm trying to make an Inoue, and his hair makes me sick :/)

But with Stark, even if it's beautifull, you could have make his true hair color, and made "every" hair !
I had fun doing Orihime's hair actually. It was nice to work with something other than brown, black or white/grey for hair colors, that's why I went with such a rich orange.

For Stark, the official art that I used for a reference shows his hair as black (not brown as the anime has it) so that's what I went with. Besides, I like him with black hair, so using the black of the lineart and putting highlights only made sense. You wouldn't draw every hair because that doesn't look natural. Look how I did Orihime's hair - I only have more defined strands with the lightest colors and mostly as highlights.

With Rukia's hair, you can put off the original "reflect" of light, that Kubo puts, it's Ugly!
Do yours !

I like the way that you try do make "real noses", and realistic faces, playing with shadows, but with Rukia, it's strange, maybe too thick :/
I'm thinking of blacking out the highlight that's there and doing my own. It really does look pretty bad, doesn't it? For the noses, based on where the indication for her nostril is placed, that should be about right for the curved edge of the nose. I didn't want her to look as if she had a broad, flat nose though.

PS: Tu parles français? Bordel si c'est le cas ça me casse les couilles d'avoir fait cette critique en anglais! XD
Je le parle un peu, mais très mal. Désolé, je suis un poseur.

And that's about the limit of my remembered French from over 15 years ago. I studied for almost 10 years (high school and college) and have a degree, but after graduation did nothing with it so I've lost any skills in the language I may have had. :( Sad, but if you want to review me in French, I'll certainly work to understand it. :D

Ketamine
April 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
You wouldn't draw every hair because that doesn't look natural

It does, and even if it wouldn't, delete the lineart ! ^^

Mmh, and when I spoke about "every" hair, I meant "every tuft of hair" (thanks translator :/)

For Rukia's nose, I know, but it's still strange, well, i'll show you when i'll be back home, what is strange.. (i'll send you a PM)

So you'll work Rukia's hair? Can't wait to see this !

Et, si tu veux, je veux bien te faire travailler ton français, surtout que ton anglais à toi est assez recherché, donc même si je suis en fac de langues, j'ai parfois du mal à te comprendre ! ^^'

PS: En tout cas, tu fais de très belles choses :)

weixiaobao
May 02, 2008, 10:47 PM
very good job :)