4) "Red Flag" X. Drake 222,000,000 North Blue Drake Pirates
5) "Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law 200,000,000 North Blue Heart Pirates
6) "Roar of the Sea" Scratchmen Apoo 198,000,000 Grand Line On Air Pirates
7) "Massacre Man" Killer 162,000,000 South Blue Kid Pirates
8) "Big Eater" Jewelry Bonney 140,000,000 South Blue Bonney Pirates
9) Capone "Gang" Bege 138,000,000 West Blue Firetank Pirates
10) "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro 120,000,000 East Blue Straw Hat Pirates
11) "Mystery Monk" Urouge 108,000,000 Sky Islands Fallen Monk Pirates

A myriad of new badass pirates revealed in the latest chapter. And I bet I'm not the only one thrilled with it. What is their role, Who will fight who, who is bad who is good? There is lot to discuss, so feel free to share your feelings, theories or just name your personal favorites. I guess making a common supernova thread might be quite useful for untill we have enough info for separate character/crew threads. Discuss away!

For little hint, I might suggest checking out Sahugani's Review (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30133) for interesting origins fact based on the names of characters.

I myself find Law, Kid, Drake, and Killer very intresting. Kid is such a cool looking badass! Like a thinner version of Moria :D

Law is very mysterious, and looks so 'chill'. Also the fact he bears a sign similar to Doflamingos picks my interest.

Drake is also mysterious, and seems to have code of justice. I wonder if the 'X' comes from the scar or the fact he attempt to hide his identity?

And then there is very corny named Killer. But you must admit that masked persons always catch attention. Also he is the only one who isn't captain of his crew. Looks bit absurd, I mean he has assasin-like mask and attidude, but seems to wear clothes similar to Doflamingo :D Wonder if he is silent and mysterious killer, or silly and Toby-like killer :DD

lelouch
April 27, 2008, 02:00 AM
Imo, the most powerful (aside from Luffy) is probably Law, with Killer and Drake coming second. Interesting how only 2 out of the 11 come from the Grand Line, the rest are from the weaker seas. Apoo clearly has a 'sound' theme, I'm guessing Hawkins, Kidd and Apoo all have devil fruit abilities, whilst it seems Killer and Law are swordsmen, although Law seems to have some other ability as well, judging from his nickname. Capone is probably a marskman, whilst it'll be interesting to see how Urouge fights as hes from a Sky Island, expect a lot of dials?

All the designs are awesome IMO ..really looking forward to the new chapter :D

Anime Head 101
April 28, 2008, 06:22 PM
It's funny how Luffy has the second highest bounty due to the fact that he doesn't pick fights with civilians. To me that doesn't sit right Kid does damage to civilians and gets a higher bounty than someone who beat 2 of the 7 warlords of the sea and declared war againist the WG just to save a friend.

Oblivion
April 28, 2008, 07:01 PM
well kid surely must have killed some really serious guys on his way. coz pure civilian damage wont bring him that high.

kid seems to me the right opponent, someone who is as mad and stupid as ruffy. about every of ruffy's opponent so far was someone serious, maybe this time it will be more mad/fun then serious.

i also think hawkings will have something to do with Mihawk, not only do they share 'hawk' but both have a cross and also look very grimm.

Umbra Wolf
April 29, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Scratch Apoo has the power of the devil; some sound or Dj fruit I would guess.
When he wants to fight Kidd (with double d like the original pirate I think) he stands their like a DJ (imagine the turntables) ready to start some scratching and he wears headphones (or maybe special earmuffs). And don't forget; we're talking abou the "On Air" pirates.
So I would interpret this character.

And Kidd must be a real monster. Ruffy hat to destroy one of the marine's most secure prison to get at the bounty level he is now. Kidd must have defeated and killed nearly anyone he've met to get such a high bounty.

natli
April 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
I'm hoping Law is a good guy, or a least will fall into the 'enemy made friend' cathegory. I like his design too much :D

OP_overlord
April 29, 2008, 01:44 PM
when looking at the pictures a bunch of them have some type of edged weapon. so that means that Zoro will have to fight them. one cause luffy cant and two cause his pride wont let luffy fight another swordsman.

Anime Head 101
April 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
well kid surely must have killed some really serious guys on his way. coz pure civilian damage wont bring him that high.

kid seems to me the right opponent, someone who is as mad and stupid as ruffy. about every of ruffy's opponent so far was someone serious, maybe this time it will be more mad/fun then serious.

i also think hawkings will have something to do with Mihawk, not only do they share 'hawk' but both have a cross and also look very grimm.

I know but that's the only reason why his is higher than luffy's

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 29, 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Scratch Apoo has the power of the devil; some sound or Dj fruit I would guess.
When he wants to fight Kidd (with double d like the original pirate I think) he stands their like a DJ (imagine the turntables) ready to start some scratching and he wears headphones (or maybe special earmuffs). And don't forget; we're talking abou the "On Air" pirates.
So I would interpret this character.

And Kidd must be a real monster. Ruffy hat to destroy one of the marine's most secure prison to get at the bounty level he is now. Kidd must have defeated and killed nearly anyone he've met to get such a high bounty.

don't every bad and strong guy in one piece have DF. I'm sure that all the other nine 100 million+ pirates have DF.

bittman
April 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
don't every bad and strong guy in one piece have DF. I'm sure that all the other nine 100 million+ pirates have DF.

ALMOST every MAIN bad+strong guy has DF, not everyone. (i.e. from the start, Morgan, Kreig, Arlong. But yeah, most recent ones have). To note, Zoro doesnt have one so don't put your expectations on a DF heavy group of captains too high otherwise it just becomes the Crocodile or Enies Lobby arc again where Oda has to make tons of crappy devil fruits.

My predictions on the other 9 are in sahugani's review thread btw ^^

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 29, 2008, 06:58 PM
ALMOST every MAIN bad+strong guy has DF, not everyone. (i.e. from the start, Morgan, Kreig, Arlong. But yeah, most recent ones have). To note, Zoro doesnt have one so don't put your expectations on a DF heavy group of captains too high otherwise it just becomes the Crocodile or Enies Lobby arc again where Oda has to make tons of crappy devil fruits.

My predictions on the other 9 are in sahugani's review thread btw ^^

i just think DF is been overuse right now. it almost like you expect every strong guy to have one.

weixiaobao
April 29, 2008, 09:58 PM
i just think DF is been overuse right now. it almost like you expect every strong guy to have one.

well when we compare strong guys and weak guys .. there are way too many weak guys.. Though the CP9 are strong even without DF plus there Franky, Luffy's Grandpa, zoro, sanji, etc, etc ... and Black Beard's crew.. except Black Beard..

the present of these 11 Supernovas showed that the power of Navy/WG is weaken tremendously for not preventing these pirate crew from getting too powerful.. plus the threat of the emperors also..

And it looks like South Blue Kid pirates gonna be Strawhats new rival.. after all they have 2 member in the 11 like the strawhats crew..

Edit: these guys look more badass than that rnew recruited rockstar guy from redhaired pirates..

ascalon
April 30, 2008, 12:57 AM
Here's my prediction for obvious rivalries/matchups, seeing as there are 9 strawhats and 9 other pirates.

Capone - Robin
J bonney - nami/sanji
Basil- zolo
Kid - Luffy
Scratchmen apoo- usopp
Drake - sanji
Urouge - franky
Killer - brooke
Law - Chopper

I'd find it hillarious if Sanji confronts Jewelry Bonney, and tries to win her over with his cooking, haha. I can see it now. She'd be eating everything up and probably wouldnt fight, lol.

I thought it was super cool that the monk turned out to be a skypian. His wings are huge, lol.

Umbra Wolf
April 30, 2008, 04:06 AM
Well, I've explained why I think that Apoo ate a DF. I won't start something like "OMG Kidd must have DF because he can't have killed so many people just with his little knife". Time will tell.

But indeed there were a lot of DFs in recent chapters so I too hope to see a lot of strong guys without the power of the devil; so I would expect from Drake and Killer for example.

But overusing DFs is quite dangerous indeed for Oda. But you can make something out of every DF. Look at Luffy: Man he's out of Rubber, what a lame fruit compared to e.g. Ace's on the first glance. But look what Oda made out of it (Gear 2 & 3). But the more you create the less you can eleborate on a single one which might have a lot of potential.

OP_overlord
April 30, 2008, 05:30 PM
first- off i hope that the skypian is a nice guy like his island mates. he seemed chill.
second- i would love to see sanji cook against Bonney instead of fighting her (she needs just as much food as luffy does it would be easy for him i think)
third- apoo could have a similar DF to kuma something with spinning blades of air.
fourth- captin kid could be modled after Billy the Kid and instead of being very fast at shooting people he could throw his knives at people with crazy speed and accuracy.

in terms of fights with all the supernovas i just dont see it happening. some of them will fight each other. Oda doesnt want to have to many single easily called battles anymore he is working on combo moves. doc vs doc, sniper vs sniper woud be boring for him to do time and time again, the characters need to fight different people to get stronger (except for zoro)

if there where to be battle it would be this
KID - usopp - scratchman apoo (yes i think that if usopp tried he could fight them both at the same time)
Franky - Urouge
Zoro and Brooke - Killer - LAW
X Drake will not fight but will watch
Bonny - Sanji
Nami - Bege (he looks like the mafia guy and she can dodge bullets)
Chopper - Hawkins (he will be able to see through his majic and stop him)
Luffy will not fight he will be watching it all and pretending to be smart and studing them like X Drake but he wont be that much Robin will

i think that non of these fight will happen in full they will fight just to test each other out and then go on there own ways and get stronger.

neomaster121
April 30, 2008, 05:42 PM
first- off i hope that the skypian is a nice guy like his island mates. he seemed chill.
second- i would love to see sanji cook against Bonney instead of fighting her (she needs just as much food as luffy does it would be easy for him i think)
third- apoo could have a similar DF to kuma something with spinning blades of air.
fourth- captin kid could be modled after Billy the Kid and instead of being very fast at shooting people he could throw his knives at people with crazy speed and accuracy.

in terms of fights with all the supernovas i just dont see it happening. some of them will fight each other. Oda doesnt want to have to many single easily called battles anymore he is working on combo moves. doc vs doc, sniper vs sniper woud be boring for him to do time and time again, the characters need to fight different people to get stronger (except for zoro)

KID - usopp - scratchman apoo (yes i think that if usopp tried he could fight them both at the same time)
Franky - Urouge
Bonny - Sanji
Luffy will not fight he will be watching it all and pretending to be smart and studing them like X Drake but he wont be that much Robin will

i think that non of these fight will happen in full they will fight just to test each other out and then go on there own ways and get stronger.

i liked everything you said until you got up to the match ups and i think you should delete them they make no sense ussop nami and chopper would not and could not in current state fight any 1 100mil+ and luffy watching/analiysing his crewmembers fights i don't think so. Ussop fighting the strongest guy Chopper fighting the second strongest person whos a swordsmen are you serious?

KnuckleheadedNinja
April 30, 2008, 05:47 PM

Franky - Urouge
Bonny - Sanji

i hope you are been sarcastic on those matchups. usopp winning against kid and scratchman apoo. that is partically impossible.

weixiaobao
April 30, 2008, 06:49 PM
we don't know anything about kidd yet, he could earn that big bounty base just on terror of his crew, (unlikely though) that usopp is a match for kidd but it could be a possibility ..

Drake is interesting it seem that he didn't quit his habit as a Navy officer, maybe he know some dirty secret of the WG and therefore quit the Navy and follow his own justice..

OP_overlord
April 30, 2008, 10:19 PM
you guys have no faith in the crew members

luffy watching was going to be a comedy thing, robin was going to be all impressed with his analitical ability and think about how he would fight these guys but he would be doing something dumb and luffy like, and then she would hit him... it made sence in my head. X drake would be doing the real scouting maybe he is friends with smoker (pride in thier own personal sense of justice)

now usopp i think has skills, he uses his mind he plans out moves and he knows what hes got and how to use it (dials, and sharp shooting abilities) remember his fight with luffy he can take a serious beating and still fight if he wants too. also his running away really seems to work to his advantage, he figures out there moves, doesnt get hit and piss the shit out of them. all pluses if you use them right. it would but doesnt have to be a three way fight i just think ODA would get bored of some many one on one fights. now if KID is really a knive thrower like i think (highly impossible) then usopp could put that aspect of his skills to the test and have an advantage becuase of his dial use, imagine pellets hitting daggers in the air and chaging there direction away from him. now if he fights Apoo one on one instead then he could use his dials and sniping freely.

Hawkins doesnt have to be a swordsman, there are to many supernovas that use an edged weapon, ODA woundnt like that. if he does indeed fight with trickary, and deception like a ninja, slide of hand and what not then choppers brain point would be just the thing to beat it, right?

the whole nami thing was cause i just dont see bege fighting he looks like the mafia and they have guns, guns shoot people, but if the person uses a mirage-tact and sneeks up behind them and hits them on the head a few times she could hypotheticaly win.

Also they say nothing about KID being the strongest just has the highest bounty, you would never have thought it possible for someone with no bounty to beat a person with a 30 million beri bounty and then a person with a former bounty of 160, and then another schibukia with a bounty over 300 million, so it is not impossible for usopp to make the same jump. and he has alot of skill mentaly, i mean when they fought arlong he was the same person no DF, scared,... what has changed? not much he has a new bigger sling shot, a few dials, a cape, and most importantly a goal. if he thinks that beating any one of these guys will help him reach his goal then he will win.

remember I doubted that any/all fights would happen, just sparing to see skill levels, and gather info on eachother as rivals.

neomaster121
May 01, 2008, 12:32 PM
you guys have no faith in the crew members

luffy watching was going to be a comedy thing, robin was going to be all impressed with his analitical ability and think about how he would fight these guys but he would be doing something dumb and luffy like, and then she would hit him... it made sence in my head. X drake would be doing the real scouting maybe he is friends with smoker (pride in thier own personal sense of justice)

now usopp i think has skills, he uses his mind he plans out moves and he knows what hes got and how to use it (dials, and sharp shooting abilities) remember his fight with luffy he can take a serious beating and still fight if he wants too. also his running away really seems to work to his advantage, he figures out there moves, doesnt get hit and piss the shit out of them. all pluses if you use them right. it would but doesnt have to be a three way fight i just think ODA would get bored of some many one on one fights. now if KID is really a knive thrower like i think (highly impossible) then usopp could put that aspect of his skills to the test and have an advantage becuase of his dial use, imagine pellets hitting daggers in the air and chaging there direction away from him. now if he fights Apoo one on one instead then he could use his dials and sniping freely.

Hawkins doesnt have to be a swordsman, there are to many supernovas that use an edged weapon, ODA woundnt like that. if he does indeed fight with trickary, and deception like a ninja, slide of hand and what not then choppers brain point would be just the thing to beat it, right?

the whole nami thing was cause i just dont see bege fighting he looks like the mafia and they have guns, guns shoot people, but if the person uses a mirage-tact and sneeks up behind them and hits them on the head a few times she could hypotheticaly win.

Also they say nothing about KID being the strongest just has the highest bounty, you would never have thought it possible for someone with no bounty to beat a person with a 30 million beri bounty and then a person with a former bounty of 160, and then another schibukia with a bounty over 300 million, so it is not impossible for usopp to make the same jump. and he has alot of skill mentaly, i mean when they fought arlong he was the same person no DF, scared,... what has changed? not much he has a new bigger sling shot, a few dials, a cape, and most importantly a goal. if he thinks that beating any one of these guys will help him reach his goal then he will win.

remember I doubted that any/all fights would happen, just sparing to see skill levels, and gather info on eachother as rivals.

OMG you are serious. what your saying makes no bluddy sense. Ussop is one weak f..ker hes the weakest of the whole crew and will always be the weakest as said by ODA himself. We know nothing about kid and the others to assume that hes weaker than a 30mil berry pirate but due to his crew hes highly ranked with a bounty. Kid wouldn't have even made it that far it was the case common sense.

With chopper your logic is flawed. Even the smartests of people are tricked by illusions so just because chopper has brain point doesn't mean he would see through him and haven't you noticed no rumble ball since he went monster point. Hmm i wonder why

you must be a chopper ussop fan boy to be saying such rubbish

Luckas
May 01, 2008, 01:04 PM
Dear OP posters recently I'm seeing way too much rude posts, so I decide to remind to all of you that here at MH there is an anti-bashing rule, so not anymore rude posts or worse.

Organizized
May 01, 2008, 04:04 PM
Well if there was to be fighting I definitely don't think Usopp vs. Kid and Apoo. Neither one actually. Dial vs. dial battle between Urouge and Usopp perhaps? Maybe not very likely, but there is a small chance that Urouge uses dial to fight, being from Sky islands and all.

pandaman1982
May 01, 2008, 04:10 PM
You know with the matchups you guys are forgetting one very important thing. These guys aren't just high bounties they're representaitives of eight different crews that happen to be over 100 million. It's quite possible that they each have several subordinates not introduced in the 25-50 million mark and one or two in the 50-100 million. The only real hint that suggests the Strawhats will be fighting one of the crews based on bounties is that Kidd's has two 100 million plus just like the Strawhats do.

Otherwise there isn't really enough information on them to suggest possible matchups and abilities though I would love to see Sanji try and satify the glutton's appetite. I could see her doing a davy back fight to claim Sanji as her new chef and having an eating contest with Luffy.

kkck
May 01, 2008, 08:15 PM
I tthink that if sanji can feed luffy, he can feed anything.

weixiaobao
May 01, 2008, 08:43 PM
I kinda begin to see this as a race to One Piece.. and everybody gonna play dirty ^^

Though the 4 emperors gonna be piss to have to deal with these newcomers who don't know their places..

Reenie
May 01, 2008, 09:52 PM
if one engineer can be 100 times stronger than the rookies, I don't really see how any of the four emperors has cause to worry ><

OP_overlord
May 01, 2008, 10:47 PM
cause those guys are old, and not as stupid as the rookies. and i think that the 100 times was an exaggeration.

just to clarify chopper is one of my least favortie characters, and the lack of rumble balls is probably becuase they have not faught anyone since then (i hope he is making a new type)
usopp i dont have any emotions toward he is just underated, and your right i ment urouge not apoo thanks ORGANIZIZED. and the main reason for the matchups where because and i might be along in this but i think ODA could be getting bored of doing the same fighting system. all the guys breaking off to fight one on one battles whilst luffy clears all the weaker guys and then takes on the main villian of the arc by himself, i was just thinking about stiring things up a bit.

Ustegius
May 02, 2008, 04:59 AM
Ussop is one weak f..ker hes the weakest of the whole crew and will always be the weakest as said by ODA himself.

I'd like to know where you got that from... I strongly doubt that Oda has said something like that.

But in a way, I agree with OP_overlord. Usopp might still be from the weaker end of Strawhats, but I think (from the reasons mentioned by OP_overlord) has heck of a lot potential to grow. Usopp has been one of my favorites from the beginning, funny and very likeable. I hink it is very likely he will come a great warrior of the sea, a real big shot. MAybe some day he'll even have his own 3,000 man crew. And just recently he had his "I am a burden to my nakama" and "I'm so weak" angst-moment. Traditionally in shonen manga that means incoming intense training and overcoming weaknessess, coming strong.
Well, not be too off topic, I must say that I bet that Usopp will beat someone of the Supernova, sooner or later.

Highseas7
May 02, 2008, 10:18 AM
well i feel with OP-overload usopp is weak, doesnt stand out much from the crew, he probblay be the first one to be bloodied up but the strawhats crew is only as strong as their weakest link and if usopp is that link then the strawhat crew is a force to be reckonened with

neomaster121
May 02, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'd like to know where you got that from... I strongly doubt that Oda has said something like that.

But in a way, I agree with OP_overlord. Usopp might still be from the weaker end of Strawhats, but I think (from the reasons mentioned by OP_overlord) has heck of a lot potential to grow. Usopp has been one of my favorites from the beginning, funny and very likeable. I hink it is very likely he will come a great warrior of the sea, a real big shot. MAybe some day he'll even have his own 3,000 man crew. And just recently he had his "I am a burden to my nakama" and "I'm so weak" angst-moment. Traditionally in shonen manga that means incoming intense training and overcoming weaknessess, coming strong.
Well, not be too off topic, I must say that I bet that Usopp will beat someone of the Supernova, sooner or later.

he said it on a SBS

and the guy who said these captains could have crews of millions are you serious or what millions of pirates in mutiple crews thats mad?

don't mean to be rude

Akainu
May 02, 2008, 12:06 PM
1. Usopp is the weakest of the SH which makes him stronger than most other people and even pirates.
2. he didn't mean the number of people to be a million. as much as I understood he meant that there are other crews with pirates between a bounty of 1 - 99 million. just not over that mark.

Luckas
May 02, 2008, 04:27 PM
Guys, stay on topic ;)

alias85
May 02, 2008, 06:52 PM
Here's my prediction for obvious rivalries/matchups, seeing as there are 9 strawhats and 9 other pirates.

Capone - Robin
J bonney - nami/sanji
Basil- zolo
Kid - Luffy
Scratchmen apoo- usopp
Drake - sanji
Urouge - franky
Killer - brooke
Law - Chopper

I'd find it hillarious if Sanji confronts Jewelry Bonney, and tries to win her over with his cooking, haha. I can see it now. She'd be eating everything up and probably wouldnt fight, lol.

I thought it was super cool that the monk turned out to be a skypian. His wings are huge, lol.

you're match-ups are the worst and least likely. we can throw j bonney vs sanji out the window because sanji doesn't fight girls. this would be my matchup

Capone vs Nami (criminal vs. burgler)
J Boney or Law vs Robin
Killer vs Zoro (both are not captains)
Kid vs Luffy (a given)

the rest I kind of agree with you only because I can't really make a good decision based on the limited info on the other match ups

Impel Down
May 03, 2008, 06:42 PM
I really doubt they'll fight every single one of them. It's just not the style of the series. Sure, Killer and Kid will definitely fight Luffy and Co. because of the bounty closeness and they're the only really "evil" ones so far, aside from Law, because they clearly attack and kill civilians. People like Hawkins or Bonney, who seem less angry and whatnot, might actually stick with Luffy's gang through this arc or something, and the rest might even have to fight the axe guy or even an Admiral.

And Urogue will probably get killed off. He reeks of fodder.

kkck
May 04, 2008, 10:50 AM
I also dont think the strawhats will be fighting all of the supernovas. For me it seems more likely that they fight one or two crews, ignore a bunch of other crews and befriend and stay rivals with one single crew until the end of the series.

neomaster121
May 04, 2008, 12:30 PM
just been reading it and i now do think we will see a fight in the new world but not a strawhat vs all but crews vs crews

pandaman1982
May 04, 2008, 01:51 PM
1. Usopp is the weakest of the SH which makes him stronger than most other people and even pirates.
2. he didn't mean the number of people to be a million. as much as I understood he meant that there are other crews with pirates between a bounty of 1 - 99 million. just not over that mark.

Almost. What I meant was that in the chapter Shakki talked about pirates with bounties of over 100 million and Oda then showed us the new guys, and nearly all of them are captains which gives us 8 new pirate crews... There's no reason that each crew couldn't have a few members with bounties in the 1-99 million range just like the Straw Hats.

As for Usopp I agree with you there he's had some of the greatest growth in the series and when you consider him in his specialisations he's far from weak just overshadowed by the more physical and instantly impressive abilities of his fellow crew and he is their only true long range combatant the rest excelling at close to mid range.

Ustegius
May 19, 2008, 10:41 AM
Heh, the new chapter came up quite rich what comes to Supernova. If size changing of some sort is really Bonnies ability it definetly explains her gluttonous appetite ^^

But Urouge surprised me! I though he would be just another "me beat crap out of you!"-character, but he seems to be a thinking organism. He was the one first to imply to Luffys intimidating presence when seeing "only a 2nd" Zoro almost go wild. Though he looks pretty silly because he has the same facial expression in every frame :D

Basil also seemed a lot cooler than with his first appearance ^^

Razh
May 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
Sure, Killer and Kid will definitely fight Luffy and Co. because of the bounty closeness and they're the only really "evil" ones so far, aside from Law, because they clearly attack and kill civilians.

I don't see why Law is so obviously "evil" apart from all of them. Maybe he is. His eyes certainly can't say that much.
Then we have Bonney who helps Zoro, but it turns out she was only covering her own ass. And then a few seconds later she says to Zoro to leave a diying man, and asks who ever heard of a pirate helping people. What is good and what is evil?
Remeber when Blackbeard first appeared and gave that speech about dreams? How many of us thought that it was a bad guy? Not a lot of us, I suppose.

And Urogue will probably get killed off. He reeks of fodder.

I suppose it is possible that someone will die eventually.

Mr.Popo
May 19, 2008, 05:47 PM
Sure, Killer and Kid will definitely fight Luffy and Co. because of the bounty closeness and they're the only really "evil" ones so far
Killer and Kid are so obviously the counterpart of Zorro and Luffy, that it's too obvious in my eyes.
I think it's more probable that Zorro (or some other SH) takes both of them out alone, if at all.

Although i don't see any serious fights beween the supernovae, there are too many to reach the new world. There must be some screening before.

And about Lysop being the weakest (and always will be): He is a highly skilled specialist and his fighting style is totally different and unique among the SHs.
There is no need for physical strength to be strong.

Super Angillis
May 19, 2008, 08:11 PM
Not to mention that if we ever get a navel battle in the series, Ussop will be one of the most important crewmembers.

kaizokumarcee
May 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
I don't think there's gonna be a 9 vs 9 battle between the SHs and the other 9 supernovas.
Well...Not yet, i think...Or maybe there will be a fight, but not necesarrily these people. These other pirates must have other strong crew members in their ships but not a Supernova.

Anyways, I like the idea so i feel like sharing my version of the 9 vs 9. :p

Capone "Gang" Bege 138,000,000 vs. "King of Snipers" Sogeking/Usopp 30,000,000
-- Capone is like the real life Al Capone, a mafia. I bet his a gunman. Using a mafia tommy gun. This will be a marksman showdown.

"Big Eater" Jewelry Bonney 140,000,000 vs. "Cat Burglar" Nami 16,000,000
-- Body transformation vs. Mirage Tempo.

"The Magician" Basil Hawkins 249,000,000 vs. "Humming" Brook 33,000,000
-- I bet Basil got his nick because he can do illusions. Illusions that can deal status effects on enemies (sleep etc.). This can match Brook's also status affecting tunes. Plus, they're both swordsmen.

Eustass "Captain" Kid 315,000,000 vs. "Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy 300,000,000
-- Kidd might want to have a piece of the person whose bounty is next to him.

"Roar of the Sea" Scratchmen Apoo 198,000,000 vs. "Black Leg" Sanji 77,000,000
-- Apoo's stance and long arms may indicate that he's a martial artist. A perfect match for the Red Leg style.

"Red Flag" X. Drake 222,000,000 vs. "Demon Child" Nico Robin 80,000,000
-- A former navy officer vs. a very wanted person by the marines... I even think this doesn't make sense. heheh. Just to fill the spot.

"Mystery Monk" Urouge 108,000,000 vs. "Cyborg" Franky 44,000,000
-- Battle of the giants! (not giant "giant" but the bouncer like guys)

"Massacre Man" Killer 162,000,000 vs. "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro 120,000,000
-- We'll see whose killer instincts will kill the other.

"Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law 200,000,000 vs. "Cotton Candy Lover" Tony Tony Chopper 50
-- The reason why Law got his nick "Dark Doctor" may be because of his bad ways as a doctor. And Chopper will have a say on that. Just like he did back at Dr. Hogback's zombie studies.

KnuckleheadedNinja
May 19, 2008, 10:15 PM
Not to mention that if we ever get a navel battle in the series, Ussop will be one of the most important crewmembers.

i'm still wait for oda to show usopp strength through a naval battle, it will be nice

LoS
May 19, 2008, 11:12 PM
Well we all get a glimpse of what Usopp is supposed to emulate/rival.

Usopp is supposed to counter balance Yasopp(his father) from Shanks crew, or the marksman from BlackBeards crew. That will be his ultimate pinnacle of strength, but until then we have no clue.

Hiruma-Kun
May 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
IT llooks like to me that law and kidd are going to have a confrintation. I know that kids bounty is higher but who would win in a fight?

KnuckleheadedNinja
May 21, 2008, 03:35 PM
kidd because of his higher bounty.

Hiruma-Kun
May 21, 2008, 03:37 PM
The reason i think Law is because kidd just got his bount from killing innocents

Razh
May 21, 2008, 05:24 PM
The reason i think Law is because kidd just got his bount from killing innocents

Caused damage to civillians. See, if he was killing civillians than Shakky would probably say - he killed a lot of civilians.

Damage to civilians is a different thing. Means he either robbed them, destroyed their property (in the form of houses or ships), or all together.
I'm not saying he didn't kill anyone. Probably did. But that's not the issue here.

And how are we supposed to conclude who would win? We never saw them fight. It's just like deciding who would win in a fight between 2 gorosei. Let's say, the samurai with the glasses or the tall blonde one.

kkck
May 21, 2008, 06:48 PM
I think kidd because if he was causing more damage the world goverment would probably use stronger marines to fight them, which means that kidd probably has defeated very strong marines.

Imitorar
May 21, 2008, 07:30 PM
Merged with existing thread. Please, use this thread for ALL discussion of the Super Novae.

kaizokumarcee
May 21, 2008, 07:37 PM
I dont think they'll fight. I think theyre cool with each other. Law's FU seems like a greeting. heheh

But i think Kidd would win the fight. Not because he's got a higher bounty. But i think he's got more attitude. ;)

wing_gundam
May 21, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'd vote for Law - he looks more calm, Kidd looks more like a Bellamy - uptight and assumes hes the best. I could see Kidd with a DF and maybe not so with Law, though he does have something with bears so you never know...

Maybe even a Kuma relationship? Or maybe a Zoan?

Wale
May 25, 2008, 08:15 PM
I can see Law as Luffy's friend. Maybe later he and Luffy will fight Kidd or maybe all three of them will have to fight the VG with Rayleigh.. oh man.. i can not wait to know more about this.. :D

LoS
May 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
Law and Hawkins interest me the most of all these rookies, aside from the SH's of course.

A: for their mysterious powers and
B: for their future allegiances

Akainu
May 26, 2008, 01:47 AM
I don't see Luffy/the SH fight any of the Sopernovae in Shabondy. I'm pretty sure they will cause some ruckus perhaps even to an unknown revolutionary extent but more through a fight with slavetraders, tenryuubito and perhaps an admiral.
furthermore I think that the Supernovae will fight among themselves first so that there will be 4 out of the 8 crews left in the new world + SH. the fights should by the way take place after they crossed redline!
that makes me curious whether or not the other Supernovae will have a stopover at FI...

Ustegius
June 02, 2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I also think that they won't really have a fight in Shapondy, though maybe Luffy will clash with Kid or Law at the auction (somewhat similar to the first meeting with real Lucci, though Luffy won't get so beaten up, scene just to raise the mystery behind Kid/Law).

Also I see that at least Kid (maybe Law too) is capable of attacking some other Supernova crew after departing from Shabondy. It would fit his character if he decided something like "better to decrease the competition now that I have a possibility."

I also have a wild guess to his and his crew's theme; Gothic. Look this pic (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/500/15/). His crewmen look like heavy-metal headbangers (the zombie will fight Brook ^^ ), and one has obviously Skellington on his shirt. :D

Organizized
June 02, 2008, 10:11 AM
They're not all that gothic if you ask me but something in that direction seems to be right.

It still annoys and amazes me that even though it's fucked up, Killer's design is so awesome. I mean those... things he has for/on his hands and the mask (he cant possibly see anything, can he?) and then this awesomely long hair and a really nice shirt and pants at that.. So cool.

As for Law vs. Kidd I voted Law but that's just cause I like him more. Really I don't think anyone can tell which would win because we don't know how strong any of them is. And I don't think we'll see anything like that soon, so whatever.

Razh
June 02, 2008, 10:56 AM
He does have some tiny holes in the helmet.

goldb
June 02, 2008, 04:18 PM
here was me thinking the strawhats had the weirdest crew out there, seems now they've been challenged by law and kid

Sachsenhesse
June 05, 2008, 10:51 AM
Definetely Law. Darc Doctor sounds cool, Hogward like... maybe his apprentice in former time? I think he has upgraded his body with some weird medicine or gives drugs to his teamsmates, like jacko to the catpirates hypnose.

Tsukisama
June 24, 2008, 10:37 AM
I am a little disappointed that Hawkins seems like he has some sort of precognitive powers. I always thought a precognitive/psychic DF user would be really interesting, perhaps even a nice addition to the Mugiwara pirates as the ship's fortuneteller (ont that they need one, but it would be something new and Luffy would probably find it cool).

Although I have seen a lot of speculation that Hawkins may ally with the Strawhats (I too thought this), I am beginning to doubt it. Hawkins does not seem like the type of personality who would work with Luffy. (Bonney yes, Urouge perhaps, but Hawkins does not really strike me as wanting to do it.)

Organizized
June 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
I never thought of Hawkins as a DF user actually. It'd be hella cooler if he just had precognitive powers without having eaten a devil fruit. I agree that it doesn't seem so likely he'll form an alliance with the Strawhats but I don't care that much. He's one of the supernova I have the least interest in, so.. :p

And I can't see Bonney as the type to cooperate with anyone, she's a real bitch from what we've seen.

Schabrak
June 24, 2008, 04:54 PM
And I can't see Bonney as the type to cooperate with anyone, she's a real bitch from what we've seen.
She helped Zorro, that's not what a bitch does. It did not seem that she only thought about the admiral danger in that moment.

Organizized
June 24, 2008, 06:57 PM
Really? The way I saw it, it was all so she wouldn't get involved with an admiral.. Anyway, opinions, opinions.. They will oviously meet her again but I don't think they'll form an alliance with her.

Sanji would fall in love with her of course. And get pissed at Zoro because he pissed off Bonney. yay.

LoS
June 24, 2008, 07:53 PM
She helped Zorro, that's not what a bitch does.

You read that section incorrectly. She did it to help herself. She stopped Zoro from harming the Noble so an Admiral would not get called down on her and the rest of the pirates, she even says dont make it harder for the rest of us.

Darkever
June 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
I doubt any of the supernovas will join the strawhats. They have their own crews and most are already captains. I doubt they would agree being commanded by Luffy! :D

Kidd is probably a ruthless bastard who kills everyone in his path for whatever reason. Of course he must've taken down someone big to get that bounty (a shichibukai maybe? Only Strawhats are dealing with them? :p) but I feel his "Repel" power is also capable of dealing some large-scale damge, for example destroying entire cities like Blackbeard did.

Law has a really cool attitude and probably 200M is a bit low for him. I'd like to see his expression if he faces someone like Ao-Kiji... :p

I really hope Oda gives at least some general details about their adventures, to get an idea about how strong they are. In fact, bounties aren't really a good measurement. Just think that Luffy had "only" 100M after beating Crocodile and Eneru, two extremely powerful logia users. Another example is that Moria had a huge bounty but was completely unable to match Luffy, even after eating 1000 shadows.

JC123
June 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
She did it to help herself. She stopped Zoro from harming the Noble so an Admiral would not get called down on her and the rest of the pirates, she even says dont make it harder for the rest of us.

That and the fact that she is one of the first to leave the island when she catches wind of what the SHs did.

She and Capone Bege are like Buggy for the New World.

Darkever
June 24, 2008, 08:30 PM
That and the fact that she is one of the first to leave the island when she catches wind of what the SHs did.

She and Capone Bege are like Buggy for the New World.

Eheh, QFT. At least the other captains get interested in the fight, while Bonney and Capone just think about leaving asap.

Btw I wonder when Buggy and Smoker are going to make their reappearance. They are continuously shown in many anime openings even after so much time, not without a reason.

goldb
June 25, 2008, 09:00 PM
we probably won't see smoker until the new world or somethink, as he says "i'll crush them in the new world"

kkck
June 25, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think buggy's next appearance will be right after the strawhats leave the SA. I think buggy will apear his former superior to ask him for a coating so that he can follow the strawhats.

JC123
June 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
Somewhat offtopic, Smoker still has to give Luffy his message.

On topic, I really think Apoo is going to be either the first one arrested or something is seriously going to happen to him negatively.

He decided to stay on the island because he thinks the Marines will ONLY go for the Strawhats', Kidd's, and Law's crew?

Come on... How the hell is he that slow?

LoS
June 26, 2008, 03:36 AM
He decided to stay on the island

Dont forget that Drake is also hanging around until the military forces arrive. Hawkins is also kicking back somewhere on the Archipelago.

JC123
June 26, 2008, 06:15 AM
Drake and Hawkins have plans. Apoo seems indecisive about what to do. That isn't good for a captain.

6thangel
June 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
Law seems to be one of Don Flamingo's men. He has a very similar symbol of a smiley face with the spkes on the outside. He also doesn't say a thing while both Kidd and Luffy talk about One Piece. I could see Kidd have a rivalry with Luffy, but Law would just be against him.

Organizized
June 27, 2008, 10:08 AM
Law has the smiley face, Doflamingo has the crossed-over smiley face, so it'd seem more logical if they actually had completely opposite ambitions and views on piracy. I still believe in the theory that the smiley represents the "old age" Gold Roger type of Pirates and Doflamingo's crossed over smiley face represents the new age he keeps blabbering about. So I really don't think Law has any connection to Doflamingo in any way.

kkck
June 27, 2008, 10:13 AM
I dont think just having a smiley is enough evidence to say someone is on flamingo's side, even ace had a couple of them and he sure as helll wasnt doflamingos follower.

Raysen_ht
June 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
I doubt any of the supernovas will join the strawhats. They have their own crews and most are already captains. I doubt they would agree being commanded by Luffy! :D

I dont think anybody tryed to say that one of the Super Nova would become part of the SH crew, what people meant by "join the SH" was make a pirate alliance against a powerfull common enemy... and i think that's still possible, at Shabondi, at fishman island or the New World!!

I really hope Oda gives at least some general details about their adventures, to get an idea about how strong they are.

I would also love that, and it would help Nami make her World map... if she doesnt get information on the other routes, it will never be complete (unless she travels GL on all the routes, which is 99% inprobable)

Law has the smiley face, Doflamingo has the crossed-over smiley face, so it'd seem more logical if they actually had completely opposite ambitions and views on piracy. I still believe in the theory that the smiley represents the "old age" Gold Roger type of Pirates and Doflamingo's crossed over smiley face represents the new age he keeps blabbering about. So I really don't think Law has any connection to Doflamingo in any way.

I agree with that. Even WB had a smiley face http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/ (top left, on the serum thing... One like the ones on Ace's hat)! I really think there's a deeper meaning to them. Maybe it has something to do with Roger's dieing with a smile on his face, bringing the pirate era... And WB uses it now as an homenage to his rival, but maybe it is something much more important plotwhise.
Imo the supernovas who has some kind of smile on them, are making some kind of statement (we just dont know what it is yet... but ODA will reveal it sooner or latter)!
I would hate if any of the 11 had a connection to doflamingo

bakura_revenge
July 08, 2008, 08:57 AM
i dunno if someone have mention this or not, but....
from the manga chapter so far, we can see kid possess the power of magnetism...

but law seemly possess the ability to cast buggy power on someone, should it be more like jenga?

i start to think that after i accidentally read this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/48/18/

Tsukisama
July 08, 2008, 09:41 AM
i dunno if someone have mention this or not, but....
from the manga chapter so far, we can see kid possess the power of magnetism...

but law seemly possess the ability to cast buggy power on someone, should it be more like jenga?

i start to think that after i accidentally read this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/48/18/

Law's ability seems more likely he can freely exchange parts (or all) of something with parts (or all) of something else. He does not seem to just dissect things and then restack them (although he probably could if he wanted). I am interested to see the extent of his powers, i.e., can he use them only on people (switching their body parts with other things), living things, solid objects, etc. or perhaps if he can use his power as a form of teleportation (switching someone's entire body with something else).

c0nflikt
July 08, 2008, 01:29 PM
I think the smiles have to do with the the pirate types that where described way back in romance dawn. one type of pirate pillages, kills, and robs. While the other type defeats other pirates and goes on adventures. I don't remember the whole explanation but it was something like that, you gotta reread romance dawn the one that shows that nami looking chick with the sword.

JC123
July 08, 2008, 04:13 PM
Peace Maine - Adventurer pirates not interested in treasure.

Morgania Pirates - Fight for treasure and are greedy.

c0nflikt
July 08, 2008, 04:55 PM
Peace Maine - Adventurer pirates not interested in treasure.

Morgania Pirates - Fight for treasure and are greedy.

Yeah i'm sure the smiles probably have something to do with this, and Oda will probably reintroduce this concept again later.

Ustegius
July 10, 2008, 06:46 AM
I hope not. What I like in OP is that there is no really clear border between good guy or bad guy, depends on perspective. Kid for example, we know he killed civilians, and thought he was a bad guy, but after his New World/Pirate King speech, I doubt that not many of us consider him as a villain. We see him more as an rival,but not an exact bad guy.

I think every crew has their own moral senses, similar or not to some other crews, there might be some mainstreams though. Creating such a stiff and boring segregation would be, in my opinion, just lame. I believe thats why Oda dumped that idea first place. Now the characters seem more humane, as they are not directly good or bad.

Razh
July 10, 2008, 11:23 AM
Law's ability seems more likely he can freely exchange parts (or all) of something with parts (or all) of something else. He does not seem to just dissect things and then restack them (although he probably could if he wanted). I am interested to see the extent of his powers, i.e., can he use them only on people (switching their body parts with other things), living things, solid objects, etc. or perhaps if he can use his power as a form of teleportation (switching someone's entire body with something else).

What I noticed is that he uses his katana to slash people up. His "room" seems to bend laws of physics. It's like he has complete controll inside it, and is protected from attacks comming from outside, as seen when Kuma tried to laser him down.

neomaster121
July 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
I tihnk hawkins is being undestimated and i think his role will come in fishman island

Tsukisama
July 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
What I noticed is that he uses his katana to slash people up. His "room" seems to bend laws of physics. It's like he has complete controll inside it, and is protected from attacks comming from outside, as seen when Kuma tried to laser him down.

Hmm... So, what you are proposing his ability is would be complete reality manipulation within a given space? Wow, that would be interesting if his powers were of that scope. I was not thinking that he could do more than spatial manipulation, but perhaps you are right and he can do a lot more inside of his "room" than that. Of the paramecia-type abilities displayed thus far, Law's definitely has me most intrigued.
[hr]

I tihnk hawkins is being undestimated and i think his role will come in fishman island

In what way do you believe Hawkins is being underestimated? (I have seen him judged to have precognitive abilities, which would be a pretty interesting power.) And what role do you theorize he will have on Fishman Island?

Razh
July 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hmm... So, what you are proposing his ability is would be complete reality manipulation within a given space? Wow, that would be interesting if his powers were of that scope. I was not thinking that he could do more than spatial manipulation, but perhaps you are right and he can do a lot more inside of his "room" than that. Of the paramecia-type abilities displayed thus far, Law's definitely has me most intrigued.
<hr noshade size="1">

It's confusing really. He can slash with his sword from a distance and he can switch places of different objects. Normally, I would have thought that it's some kind of time stop, since there is no blood, but then again, that marine was perfectly aware and could even talk.
I'm sure there will be a perfect explanation sometime, but now, I can't even begin to think how his power works.
A while ago, I had a crazy idea that maybe his sword had a power of his own, but I don't think so.

And I don't think he can completely bend reallity inside that thing. That would be too scary. It's scary enough as it is.

JC123
July 10, 2008, 08:30 PM
I hope not. What I like in OP is that there is no really clear border between good guy or bad guy, depends on perspective. Kid for example, we know he killed civilians, and thought he was a bad guy, but after his New World/Pirate King speech, I doubt that not many of us consider him as a villain. We see him more as an rival,but not an exact bad guy.

I think every crew has their own moral senses, similar or not to some other crews, there might be some mainstreams though. Creating such a stiff and boring segregation would be, in my opinion, just lame. I believe thats why Oda dumped that idea first place. Now the characters seem more humane, as they are not directly good or bad.

I don't think the whole world would fit into being either a Peace Maine or Morgana pirate. :p

I think it's more you can classify the Strawhats as more Peace Maine since they like the adventure more than the treasure (though Nami is another story)

But the fact that it's becomeing more that they have to fight different crews on different levels does raise the level of intrigue.

kaizokumarcee
July 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
Have any of you guys noticed that Apoo has two elbows (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/498/15/) on each arm?!?!?:blink Cool.

Akainu
July 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
wow ... I'm amazed.
that his arms are long was kinda obvious, but the ellbow...

Tsukisama
July 13, 2008, 12:13 PM
Have any of you guys noticed that Apoo has two elbows (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/498/15/) on each arm?!?!?:blink Cool.

I had noticed it, but I had not really thought much of it. I would imagine that having a second set of elbows would enable him to perform interesting martial arts, but beyond that, I don't see much amazing potential with it. You, however, are the first person I have seen to be excited about it. So, would you mind sharing why you find Apoo's arms so interesting? (I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I am actually interested to know if you have any theories on what potential Apoo could have beyond martial arts.)

JC123
July 13, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hard to grab him. And he may be able to, literally, throw his arm out as a projectile.

Ustegius
July 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
I didn't notice it actually ^^ I guess Apoo has never had problems scratching his back ^^

(I know, quite a spam but I had to say it ;))

Razh
July 13, 2008, 06:49 PM
I guess that means his bones can't be broken. That's a good thing for a melee fighter.
Also, if you think about it, having multiple elbows or knees can seriously enhance someone's punching or kicking power.

Schabrak
July 13, 2008, 07:31 PM
And gives him more limbs to be broken. :D Must really hurt to have 4 broken elbows instead of 2. Maybe he has more knees too.

kaizokumarcee
July 13, 2008, 09:37 PM
I had noticed it, but I had not really thought much of it. I would imagine that having a second set of elbows would enable him to perform interesting martial arts, but beyond that, I don't see much amazing potential with it. You, however, are the first person I have seen to be excited about it. So, would you mind sharing why you find Apoo's arms so interesting? (I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I am actually interested to know if you have any theories on what potential Apoo could have beyond martial arts.)

Well, i just thought it was a cool. :p

But now that you guys mentioned it, yeah, another set of elbows will give you more movements than a normal set of elbows would allow. Like lickin your elbows or something. Plus, the power would be greater. But I don't have any other ideas than martial arts really.

JC123
July 13, 2008, 10:24 PM
Schabrak, the more joints you have, the less likely they'll be broken. Think if someone wrapped his arm around his back. He could probably smack the person upside the head while getting part of his arm free. :p

bittman
July 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
He's from the longarm tribe. Longarms don't just support themselves. I mean, what would you do with a ridiculously long forearm besides break it? Hopefully he doesn't have a DF and we can actually see a pirate captain without a DF. Unlike the others, having longarms makes him more a candidate to not have a DF.

Akainu
July 14, 2008, 01:46 AM
+ long arms means no long legs. there are 3 GL tribes described through their body parts:
long arms, long legs and long nose neck (Usopp joke :D)
I think martial arts is scary enough with arms like that (more joints = more movable = unpredictable where he hits?) I'm curious whether these 'normal' supernovae get animated. they got one hell of a job there with shabondy (at least if it's supposed to look good :blink)

kaizokumarcee
July 14, 2008, 04:55 AM
He's from the longarm tribe. Longarms don't just support themselves. I mean, what would you do with a ridiculously long forearm besides break it? Hopefully he doesn't have a DF and we can actually see a pirate captain without a DF. Unlike the others, having longarms makes him more a candidate to not have a DF.

The longarms don't have long forearms, they two sets of forearms (i think). But that's what makes his arms long.

I hope his arms bend to the opposite angle, that would make people stop thinking about breaking his arm. :p

LoS
July 14, 2008, 05:08 AM
Apoo is a ninja with vinyl discs in place of knives, pretty awesome.

kaizokumarcee
July 15, 2008, 07:30 AM
Regarding Kid's and Law's DFs. I think it's Magnet Magnet (kinda obvious) and Space Space respectively.

Basil Hawkins
July 18, 2008, 03:02 PM
Apoo has 2 elbows-big deal.This means only longer reach.And maybe Oda will try to give some lever based power to Apoo,with a ridiculous explanation,with an even more ridiculous technique.

ZeroChrome
July 18, 2008, 04:49 PM
longer reach and more flexibility probably. and his attack might be unpredictable with 2(3?) joints. quite a plus for hand-to-hand combat. I'd prefer to see whether he has DF power or not.
Bonney's power doesn't seem too dangerous, but when it came to fighting I think it still quite troublesome. being turned into a child or an old geezer certainly reduce the opponents' combat ability near to zero IMO. damn, it makes me eager to see what DF powers the other Supernovas have

JC123
July 18, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hawkins seems to be some kind of advanced Mantra so far...

He's the weirdest of the Supernovas by far.

And he's taking on the weirdest of the Admirals by far. :p

Akainu
July 19, 2008, 07:29 AM
o.k. I just had an weird idea about the supernovae. why has Oda introduced so many of them? so many with such a unique design? I mean they can't just be cannon fodder.
so thinking totally outside the box, I came to the conclusion, that in the manga Oda will never show us the way they have gone, but in the anime they used to have so much shitty filler, that it would be cool if we saw some of the supernovae stories where they came from and where they are going in anime. the problem is, that it should all be canon but that shouldn't be a problem ^^ also it shouldn't be too long, just some snippets like usually the fillers (not that you get me wrong ^^) so what do you think?

Basil Hawkins
July 19, 2008, 07:33 AM
I don't watch anime,but if that indeed happens then I'd give it a shot ;).

Organizized
July 19, 2008, 07:36 AM
If it happened that'd be cool.. But I have a hard time believing that's why Oda has introduced them :p It'd probably the first really interesting fillers though.

LoS
July 20, 2008, 06:34 AM
Or when the SH's split up into groups waiting for their coating they will fight along side the other Supernovas.

Organizized
July 20, 2008, 06:45 AM
Yes, that'd be a nice way to show us a glimpse of the supernovas' power too, but are we sure they really will split into groups? That was just a suggestion from Zoro and was never confirmed as the real plan by the rest of the crew. If they are going to run wild all over town, wouldn't it be better (for them, not the story :p) if they did so together? Luffy even said they've gotta make sure nobody dies and it'd be alot safer if they could watch each others' backs.

LoS
July 20, 2008, 07:47 AM
but are we sure they really will split into groups?

I am pretty sure they will. 3 groups of three.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6329/rayleighsvivrecardbb0.png
(p.s. Anyone know why just the two female crew members are shadowed?)

Now all that remains is guessing which crew members are in which groups :)

I will go ahead and guess my groups:
Nami-Sanji-Brooke (Sanji always wants to protect Nami) Brooke because I doubt 2 swordsmen would be in the same group, hence him and Zoro cant pair up. And Brook cant be with Luffy because that would make their trio too powerful.

Zoro-Usopp-Franky (Usopp and Zoro seem to work together, see Enies) Franky, because he balances out the group. Between a uber strong Zoro and very weak Usopp he is the guy right in the middle. Plus he balances out their trio with the others in terms of overall strength.

Robin-Luffy-Chopper (Chopper and Robin seem to work together, see Enies) Having Robin and Chopper together due to their connection the need a third member to make their trio roughly equal in strength to the other two groups. So Luffy fits, since he is the strongest he would balance out a middle of the tier Robin and lower half of the tier Chopper.

Akainu
July 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
nah, we just don't see the hands of the others. the page before the one your panel is from chopper holds one too.
also totally splitting up is the worst idea in such a situation, except that it would give Oda the chance for story telling, fighting and character development (and the 3 days would be like a year for us...). groups of 3 make a bit more sense with a baka, a normal and a weakling but still spliting up decreases the power and increases the chance of meeting an enemy imo.

Organizized
July 20, 2008, 08:54 AM
I just remembered the "weekend" rule so I won't post any more concerning the latest chapter in this thread.

Concerning Hawkins, alot of people have said that his fortune telling powers is fake.. But I just saw his bounty again and I was pretty much convinced that his power has to be real. Real devastating that is. I never thought of him as the third most wanted supernova until now.

LoS
July 20, 2008, 09:18 AM
also totally splitting up is the worst idea in such a situation

well we know they always get split up (its just a fact) until they face the ultimate baddie, and then it is just Luffy facing him/her. Plus someone will get injured down the line if they are confronted by opponents, and that would force them to alter their plans.

And by splitting up it allows Oda an actually "good" way to develop the Supernovas further.

Tsukisama
July 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
I just remembered the "weekend" rule so I won't post any more concerning the latest chapter in this thread.

Concerning Hawkins, alot of people have said that his fortune telling powers is fake.. But I just saw his bounty again and I was pretty much convinced that his power has to be real. Real devastating that is. I never thought of him as the third most wanted supernova until now.

Thanks for remembering the rule. :) For the posts that were made containing information from the recent chapter, your posts will be made visible again by tomorrow.
Your posts are visible again :hbunny

I agree with Hawkins. I too had forgotten that his bounty was third highest. With all of the attention that Law has been receiving lately, I somehow had begun to think of him as the third strongest supernova, but Law is only the fifth with Drake being the fourth. Having seen how powerful Law seems to be, it makes me wonder what the true extent of Hawkins and Drake's powers are.

For Hawkins, it seems that he has the power of precognition, which is useful but not necessarily a power that has a lot of direct combat applications. (You can predict your opponents' moves similar to the Skypeia priests' mantra, but beyond that, it is a passive ability.) Hawkins must be able to do more than just prognostication, and hopefully we will see a glimpse of this in the coming chapters.

dsr
July 22, 2008, 03:30 PM
Next to all this considerations we must also think that at least one member of every crew is a badass like BePo and Killer.
So, if Hawkins is not a fruit user, one of his nakama could probably be.

Super Angillis
July 22, 2008, 03:50 PM
Remember guys, Bounties are the representation of the threat the World Govt feels you pose, not a power Ranking. Law could well be the third strongest Supernova, he just may not have the Profile of Hawkins. And Drake bieng a former member of the Marines would have knowledge of their tactics that would probably make him more of a target than if he had started out a Pirate.

Akainu
July 22, 2008, 04:47 PM
not again.... I think that's something that should be nailed at the login so that everyone knows before coming here... anyway, its:
bounty is not only strength, but also the thread you pose to the WG.

well at least that's how it is in the version I read.
means: bounty is to a good part strength

sry for offtopic.

weixiaobao
July 23, 2008, 08:56 PM
if one of the 11 will be a traitor to the pirates and will turn to WG for help, which will most likely be...
i think Killer would be, just a feeling and no supports to back up this guess..

Raysen_ht
July 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
Agreed, but the one i think might be a traitor is Appo

Capone
July 25, 2008, 05:52 PM
nahh i dont think any of them are traitors... but im gonno hate on Apoo as well lol

Organizized
July 25, 2008, 07:07 PM
Agreed, I don't think any of them are traitors either.. And Raysen you really dislike Apoo don't you? :amuse Let's give him a chance, come on. Noone liked Capone before they saw his power so Apoo might as well become everyone's favorite when they've seen him fight. Oda might just have saved the best for last. ^^

If Killer is a traitor this arc goes from best ever to complete garbage. It seems I'm the only one who has Killer as a favorite (tied with Law).

Onomatopoeia
July 25, 2008, 07:18 PM
Nah these guys are true and blue pirates. They're all aiming for One Piece and they're not going to sissy out along the way. After all how'd they get all the way to the Red Line if they were planning to turn traitor?

None of the supernovas are really coward and all of them know how to laugh in the face of danger just like the Strawhats.

Raysen_ht
July 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
Agreed, I don't think any of them are traitors either.. And Raysen you really dislike Apoo don't you? :amuse Let's give him a chance, come on. Noone liked Capone before they saw his power so Apoo might as well become everyone's favorite when they've seen him fight. Oda might just have saved the best for last. ^^

If Killer is a traitor this arc goes from best ever to complete garbage. It seems I'm the only one who has Killer as a favorite (tied with Law).

I think in the back of Oda's mind, he hates Apoo as well... just look at the name he gave him... A*poo :o(lol) i might be wrong, but isnt that the stuff that food becomes after beeing digested?! hehehe :p

About killer, i like him too :amuse!! his design is awesome, and i wonder what he is hiding behind that mask :blink!!? Although :darn, i would have prefered if he never spoke... it would increase the dark, misterius aura of his caracter!!

Nah these guys are true and blue pirates. They're all aiming for One Piece and they're not going to sissy out along the way. After all how'd they get all the way to the Red Line if they were planning to turn traitor?

None of the supernovas are really coward and all of them know how to laugh in the face of danger just like the Strawhats.

Now that we have seen (almost) all of the SN in action, i have to agree that none of them strike me as the traitor type... but u never know :notrust

ZeroChrome
July 25, 2008, 08:19 PM
I never thought of Apoo being a traitor, but I think he's more like a person who took advantage of the situation. with Kizaru and the Kumas are all busy, he'll probably just observe and then escape by himself. but the probability is slim since in fact, he's the one who said "you have to make the enemy mad before you run away from them" here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/17/). so I really hope that he'll take part in the brawl in the next few chapters :s

Capone
July 25, 2008, 09:36 PM
when it comes to APoo i think hes going to strike when the moment is right.. instead of just charging in.. he will wait for a opening and take advantage.. i donno it might just be me but i think hes that kind of person

Tsukisama
July 25, 2008, 11:02 PM
In case anyone is wondering where their post is, if you posted anything containing information from the most recent chapter, your post was made invisible. We have a rule about not posting things about the most recent chapter outside of the chapter discussion thread until the weekend is over. This is to allow people the opportunity to read the chapter at their convenience without running into spoilers from the most recent chapter.

By the end of the weekend, these invisible posts will be made visible again.
Your posts are now visible. (It's Monday by GMT)

Raysen_ht
July 27, 2008, 07:27 PM
I posted this on the chapter discussion thread, cause we couldnt post things here until now... but i guess this discussion is better suited for this thread...
I made a few changes...

Here are my thoughts on the abilities of the SN:

I think Drake dont have any fruit (which is great!! a strong caracter without a DF), he is a master in all kind of fighting styles, and a brilliant tactician

Urouge also dont have a fruit... it would be awesome if his size increase were part of an ability he has to control his own muscles or something like that

Killer no fruit, cool design

Kidd magnetic power... a lot of room to improve!! (he could get to Magneto level)

Apoo the sh*it sh*t fruit... just look at his name... he is A-poop!! seriusly, no idea about him... maybe the sound thing people are suggesting (but i dont like that)

Law the God God fruit, He can create a space in which he is able to change all the laws of reallity as he chooses (so far we have only seen him messing with space and life laws, but i dont think he is restricted to that)

Bonney Age Age fruit... i think that she can only exchange the years... i mean, take it away from someone and, at the same time, put them on someone else (with her own age she doesnt have that limitation) and i think she cant do it to a lot (like 100) people at once...
She might be able to age objects as well as people.... although i dont see a battle porpuse for this ability, it would be damn usefull for someone like Robin!!
I think Bonney might be a really old woman, but her powers keep her body young!

Capone Castle castle fruit - His body became a castle that can store a lot of stuff, and make them small... I'm thinking he has some kind of beam (like the noro noro beam) that teleports whatever he wants to his castle (obviusly the thing get proportionally smaller). How else would the people/stuff get inside him?
Imo, the "barrier thing" only works one way... meaning that only stuff coming out of Capone and crossing that "aura" get bigger, but stuff coming at him from the outside wont get smaller

Hawkins's could be the paranormal paranormal fruit, which give him a variaty of powers... such as Tarot cards, vodoo dolls (confirmed ones) and maybe others, like astral projection, quiromancia, cristal ball, dream eating, ilusions...that sort of thing... I think that for each of the diferent powers he have, he must complete some kind of condition/rule/ritual to activate it!
He may also, be able to recognise signs that show him bits of the future!!

What do you think of my opinions on their powers? Lets start discussing the new guys we've met!!!

Organizized
July 28, 2008, 02:48 AM
For Bonney, I've been thinking she can only change the age of the body, the soul of the person is still the same age, but do you think that unless she is killed or catches an illness, she can't die (of age, I mean)?

ZeroChrome
July 28, 2008, 03:28 AM
hmm... now that you mention it, it really is seem impossible for her to die of age. but I think that's not really important since no one die in OP right? :p but imo her DF power is really powerful. against strong opponents, she can make them weak and unable to counter he attacks. wonder if that'll work against admirals :headscratch

descendant
July 28, 2008, 03:38 AM
For Bonney, I've been thinking she can only change the age of the body, the soul of the person is still the same age, but do you think that unless she is killed or catches an illness, she can't die (of age, I mean)

yeah i don't think she can die of old age :tem
and who knows maybe she's actually still a little girl or a very old lady but uses her DF power to make herself into a young woman :p

but imo her DF power is really powerful. against strong opponents, she can make them weak and unable to counter he attacks. wonder if that'll work against admirals :headscratch

i wonder if her power will work on luffy since luffy can stretch himself so if he's turned into a kid he can always stretch himself back to normal size :amuse

Organizized
July 28, 2008, 03:40 AM
You know, I would LOVE to see Kizaru as a kid, ooooh the hilarity! Though, chances are that the really strong people were just as strong when they were children and can beat her up anyways. :p

ACTUALLY, if there were no limitations to the fruit, couldn't she increase the age of someone to the point he dies of age? Or decrease the age to the point before someone was born (wow). I mean thinking like that, there's gotta be some kind of limit.

ZeroChrome
July 28, 2008, 04:02 AM
i wonder if her power will work on luffy since luffy can stretch himself so if he's turned into a kid he can always stretch himself back to normal size :amuse

probably not. he can't even stretch himself back into his original size during his chibi form after using Gear 3. but I kinda want to see he get turned into a kid and fight using his gears :amuse

ACTUALLY, if there were no limitations to the fruit, couldn't she increase the age of someone to the point he dies of age? Or decrease the age to the point before someone was born (wow). I mean thinking like that, there's gotta be some kind of limit.

IDK. probably. but as far as I can remember there're no DF powers (other than Logias) that can instantly kill the user's opponent. so I guess that's the limit of her fruit. she can only reduce the opponents' ages only to a certain point of age

Organizized
July 28, 2008, 04:09 AM
probably not. he can't even stretch himself back into his original size during his chibi form after using Gear 3. but I kinda want to see he get turned into a kid and fight using his gears :amuse

We don't know that until he's tried. :amuse Well, actually, we know that when he stretches a part of his body, it will rebound since that's what rubber does.

That'd be one of the most hilarious fights ever! What, if he uses gear 3 as a kid, he turns into the size of an ant? ^^

Akainu
July 28, 2008, 05:25 AM
I don't think that Bonnys ageability works without limits.
first thing that comes to mind is, that it maybe is only for a little amount of time that age changes - enough for her to escape/win a fight but not forever (talking 'bout overpowering)
the other thing I already mentioned is, that it looked like it's a 0-sum game. i.e. if she wants someone to get older she has to make someone else younger (that rule wouldn't apply for herself though).

in regards to fights of Supernovae, I think it would be cool to see a Moria vs. Capone. a fight for lazy bums, that don't like to act themselves.

and yes, Kizaru as kid would be a :o:clap

Organizized
July 28, 2008, 05:34 AM
Don't know about the 0-sum game thing.. But yeah, there's probably a set time limit to her powers (like Foxy's noro noro beam only froze people for 30 seconds), perhaps a minute.. But that'd be enough in battle, since the opponent is really inferior in that siutation (their bodies can't take as much damage, they're weaker etc.) and she should be able to take them out or run away. Even if it has limits, it's a really dangerous ability.

Kinda hard to tell any exact limit to the amount of aging/deaging (is that a word? xD) though.

Raysen_ht
July 28, 2008, 07:04 AM
I agree with the 0-sum game, and i do believe there is a time limmit to her ability to change others, but i dont think any limitation is aplied to her own body... but thats just an opinion... (it would be cool if she somehow knew Shakki from the old days though)

What about Hawkins abilities? I think that the only explanation is the one i suggested in the last page... cuzz when he was reading the cards there was some kind of "gosm" holding the cards.. which sound like DF power, and than the vodoo dolls also sound like a DF power... the only thing that make sence imo, is the "paranormal paranormal fruit" i suggested

paradoxe
July 28, 2008, 09:55 AM
Well I'll have a shot at guessing as well:

Eustass "Captain" Kidd - Magnetic paramecia DF

"Mystery Monk" Urouge - No DF power, just really buff

"Magician" Basil Hawkins - Well he seems to have a voodoo based DF power, but not sure what it'd be called, so I'm hoping he doesn't have a DF power, and his voodoo abilities are just techniques from North Blue

Hes probably a swordsman as well, seeing how he carries a sword with him

"Red Flag" X. Drake - No DF power, fights with mace and sword

"Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law - Probably no DF power, I think his ability comes from his DF powered sword

"Roar of the Sea" Scratchmen Apoo - Probably a sound-based DF, although we don't know enough about him atm

"Massacre Man" Killer - No DF power

"Big Eater" Jewelry Bonney - Age Age paramecia fruit

Capone "Gang" Bege - Castle Castle paramecia fruit, able to turn things larger or smaller within a certain radius of his body, and can fit objects into his body

Kizaru - He seems to have a light based or speed based fruit, although I think either is pretty lame, especially the speed based fruit, considering how we already have speed based fighters like KUma who can move at the speed of light, and both Lucci and Luffy can move pretty fast without any DF to power them up. So I'm just gonna guess that he doesn't have any fruit, and his abilities are based upon Rokushiki. He might be the master of Rokushiki, and taught Lucci n Co. I mean, his 'beam' thing may just be an advanced version of Rankyaku. It'd be nice to see a strong fighter without a DF.

Onomatopoeia
July 28, 2008, 10:32 AM
Heh Kizaru as a kid... MAYBE HE HAS AN AFRO:rofl

noonethere
July 28, 2008, 11:46 AM
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-508/page013.html
Just a question: am i the only one who thinks that the right hand of Drake(the one with which he hits Kuma) is a hoof(which would imply that he is a zoan DF user? Or is it that i am imagining it?

Tsukisama
July 28, 2008, 12:01 PM
Well I'll have a shot at guessing as well:

Eustass "Captain" Kidd - Magnetic paramecia DF

"Mystery Monk" Urouge - No DF power, just really buff

"Magician" Basil Hawkins - Well he seems to have a voodoo based DF power, but not sure what it'd be called, so I'm hoping he doesn't have a DF power, and his voodoo abilities are just techniques from North Blue

Hes probably a swordsman as well, seeing how he carries a sword with him

"Red Flag" X. Drake - No DF power, fights with mace and sword

"Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law - Probably no DF power, I think his ability comes from his DF powered sword

"Roar of the Sea" Scratchmen Apoo - Probably a sound-based DF, although we don't know enough about him atm

"Massacre Man" Killer - No DF power

"Big Eater" Jewelry Bonney - Age Age paramecia fruit

Capone "Gang" Bege - Castle Castle paramecia fruit, able to turn things larger or smaller within a certain radius of his body, and can fit objects into his body

Kizaru - He seems to have a light based or speed based fruit, although I think either is pretty lame, especially the speed based fruit, considering how we already have speed based fighters like KUma who can move at the speed of light, and both Lucci and Luffy can move pretty fast without any DF to power them up. So I'm just gonna guess that he doesn't have any fruit, and his abilities are based upon Rokushiki. He might be the master of Rokushiki, and taught Lucci n Co. I mean, his 'beam' thing may just be an advanced version of Rankyaku. It'd be nice to see a strong fighter without a DF.

Interesting assessment. It is possible that Law's DF power is actually within his sword, but I think that it is probably within himself. It seems that he is causing the "room" to appear with his hand (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/504/18/) and using the sword as ancillary action.

I agree with your assessments on Kidd, Killer, Drake, Bonney, Apoo, and (to some degree) Capone. I don't think Capone can turn things bigger or smaller at will within a certain radius but perhaps just smaller to a certain size and the return them to their normal size outside of that radius.

Urouge might not have a DF power, but his massive increase in size suggests that it may be some sort of DF ability. It just does not seem like growing that large (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/14/) does not seem like a normal feat. It would not be an extremely showy DF power, but it does seem like a definite paramecia ability.

Hawkins definitely has a DF power. There was hope for his abilities being non-DF-based before chapter 508, but now that we have seen his powers in action we know that it must be DF-based. He has things coming out of his body: the tentacle things holding up his cards and the voodoo-like dolls. He has probably the most loosely defined DF fruit, since most DF powers do one specific thing instead of performing actions that fulfill a general category of things. As such, it is entirely possible that he has even more magic-themed powers from his DF, although I think that, if he has more powers, they will involve something growing out of his body or connecting to his body in some way, as that has been the common thing in each example of his power thus far.

You are not allowed to just re-post your posts in multiple threads. You posted this exact same post in the chapter discussion thread. It is in one place already for people ot view, and it does not need to be elsewhere. Since you are seemingly a new user, this post will be allowed to remain, but in the future, try not to do this, as your redundant posts will be deleted. One obvious thing that shows that this post is out of place here is your analysis on Kizaru, who is not a supernova and thus is off-topic in this thread.
[hr]

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-508/page013.html
Just a question: am i the only one who thinks that the right hand of Drake(the one with which he hits Kuma) is a hoof(which would imply that he is a zoan DF user? Or is it that i am imagining it?

I think he is just wearing dark gloves. :hbunny

Raysen_ht
July 28, 2008, 12:01 PM
thats just the weapon he uses... here
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-498/page016.html
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-498/page017.html

3 Days Grace
July 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
i want one of the SUper Novas to have a Zoan atleast it seems there all paramecia... and il stick to my Urouge is just strong from Monk training and doesnt need a DF theory :D

ZeroChrome
July 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
i want one of the SUper Novas to have a Zoan atleast it seems there all paramecia...

hmm, u know what? the first thing I think of after reading this is something really funny and stupid. What if, Apoo has a Zoan DF, namely a

praying mantis?
with his hands and all.. WTF!! :blink :spank :faint but that doesn't explain the sounds. duhh!! watever, we've yet to see an insect DF. would be good if there is one

3 Days Grace
July 28, 2008, 02:13 PM
well if i were to look at him he resembles a monkey to me :P... like those singing ape brothers on mock town except its their older brother :P haha

kaizokumarcee
August 03, 2008, 11:08 PM
Just an update on my Supernova prediction (well most are not predictions anymore coz it's been revealed already)

Here's my predictions before (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30205&page=3#42)

But that's way before and doesn't have too much in it.

Well heres my new ones.

Capone "Gang" Bege 138,000,000
-- Portal Portal/Way Way fruit. Pretty much like Door Door Fruit. Except he makes things from somewhere else come out of his body.
-- I still think hes a match for Usopp

"Big Eater" Jewelry Bonney 140,000,000
-- My prediction before was either Age Age or Form Form. But now it seems that it's Age Age Fruit.
-- Still think hes a match for Nami

"The Magician" Basil Hawkins 249,000,000
-- He seems to have a Voodoo Voodoo Fruit. Maybe the predictions and the magics were his own, non-fruit, skills and his fruit skills were only the Voodoo types like the damage redirection and the Voodoo Doll transformation.
-- I'm now torn between him vs Brook and Brook vs Apoo :p

Eustass "Captain" Kid 315,000,000
-- Definitely a Magnet Magnet Fruit!

"Roar of the Sea" Scratchmen Apoo 198,000,000
-- His fruit appears to be Instrument Instrument Fruit. He turns his body parts to various musical instruments. But I still stick to him having martial arts too.
-- either him vs Sanji or him vs Brook

"Red Flag" X. Drake 222,000,000
-- A T-Rex Zoan User. I wonder if ancient zoans have special buffs too like CP9.

"Mystery Monk" Urouge 108,000,000
-- I think that Urouge's bug muscles were just a buff too. Just like Sanji's Diable Jambe.
-- Still stick to him vs Franky

"Massacre Man" Killer 162,000,000
-- I have no idea. Maybe hes just a merciless swordsman.
-- Still stick to him vs Zoro. 3 swords vs 2 sickles.

"Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law 200,000,000
-- I think he has a Space Space fruit. He can alter space and slash through it with the help of his sword.

weixiaobao
August 03, 2008, 11:12 PM
most informations that is up to date for the 11 supernovas can be found here..
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/The_Eleven_Supernovas

paradoxe
August 03, 2008, 11:20 PM
kaizokumarcee why are yu still talking about SN versus SHs?

Isn't it pretty obvious that the majority of teh Supernovae are stronger then the majority of the SHs (except Luffy, Zoro and Sanji)?

kaizokumarcee
August 04, 2008, 03:17 AM
kaizokumarcee why are yu still talking about SN versus SHs?

Isn't it pretty obvious that the majority of teh Supernovae are stronger then the majority of the SHs (except Luffy, Zoro and Sanji)?

Just for fun. :p And c'mon, it's not impossible. Remember CP9? Almost every member are stronger than any of the SH's until they used new abilities.

and hey, Franky's strong too. :p

paradoxe
August 04, 2008, 03:33 AM
Just for fun. And c'mon, it's not impossible. Remember CP9? Almost every member are stronger than any of the SH's until they used new abilities.

and hey, Franky's strong too.

Too slow and reliant on cola.

Finale
August 04, 2008, 03:56 PM
I wish that so many of the SNs didn't have DFs. Now it seems as though Massacre Killer and Urouge may be the only ones without one. It definitely makes them more interesting however.

Yans86
August 05, 2008, 07:19 PM
Law is cool but we have already his natural enemy....................Nico Robin!!!!!
Capone is just amazing,put some baster call cannon inside him,aand u get pwned without noticing!
Killer and Urouge nothing to say.....to normal.......Drake...amazing TREX power,Bonney cool but even here I can see her easily beaten by Nico,she was a kid afterall when she got her first bounty!
Kidd.....cool,I'd like to see him against people like Doflamingo: Flamingo saiyning stupid dreamer and Kidd byting him to death!
Hawkins...super DF power but we haven't see his attack power,and Apoo is just super cool!intelligent,not a oward,and really strong in the end!

Onomatopoeia
August 05, 2008, 09:33 PM
All the Supernova's(exluding Capone and Bonney but they could only be taken out by some high ones) could destroy the SH's(except for the Monster Trio). And even then Luffy is the only one who would win in any of the bounties that are or above 200 million.

Stop
August 05, 2008, 10:44 PM
And even then Luffy is the only one who would win in any of the bounties that are or above 200 million.

That's just baseless

Darek Khort
August 05, 2008, 11:45 PM
Capone "Gang" Bege:
I don't know what the name of his ability should be called but I reckon that not only can he store things inside him and make them bigger out of the "barrier", but the reverse is also true.
Why do I say this? Well, if he could only do it one-way then he would have been dead ages ago. One gunshot would kill him. One cannonball would kill him.

Thus, I think that if a cannonball attacks him, it would shrink proportionally to the size of those inside him. This would give the castle-castle fruit theory a better edge because the whole point of a castle is for defence. A tiny one-man castle is useless for defence if outside attacks don't shrink when passing the barrier.

paradoxe
August 06, 2008, 02:18 AM
And even then Luffy is the only one who would win in any of the bounties that are or above 200 million.

Possibly Sanji and Zoro can fight evenly with Law or Drake as well.

Razh
September 18, 2008, 07:14 PM
So, apart from being an interesting character, what is more interesting is his weird power. I mean, WTF!?

I don't know if it's been discussed here already, cause I barely touched my PC this summer, but I think that through discussion and brainstorming we could get to something.

Now, apart from calculating probabillities with the use of some cards and strings;
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/08/;
he can sacrifice other people, who suffer his injuries instead of him (cruel and cold, don't you think);
1.http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/09/
2.http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/10/
3.http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/11/
after which some miniature dolls fall out of his hand.
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/12/

After that, things start getting REALLY bizzare as he turns into something that would be best described as a scarecrow.
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/14/
He apparently calls it Gouma no sou which is translated as "Devil conquering phase" in One Manga translation.
Then he goes to swing with some nails between his fingers;
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/15/
and starts getting beaten by Kizaru;
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/16/
and then his crewmen comment that he could "really die";
-http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/509/17/
leading me to believe that he was in mortal danger before, more than once.

I have two questions.
What's up with the sword? I thought he was a swordsman type.
Sure, maybe he thought the situation wasn't right.

And does anyone have any idea whatsoever on how the hell does that devil fruit of his work?

Yabe
September 19, 2008, 10:41 AM
This is tough, though I'll put out what I thought...

I was thinking that his card-telling ability has nothing to do with his DF power (I thought he might be raised and learnt it from somebody else together with other magical tricks that might have yet to be revealed). About the voodoo dolls, I was thinking he couldn't always transfer his injuries randomly on anyone, he might recognise those people who's made taken his pains while hanging about the Archipelago; then perhaps by imagining those faces together with some magical trick being used his injuries were transfered -- to this point, I don't know about other places but where I live there's the rumor about those magicians who could create a small doll from clay or something else, then put some 'spells' into it making the doll to be a representation of someone they want to harm, after that when someone twist the doll's leg or arm, the person that doll's represented is taking all the pain.

So, if Hawkins' a man made of straw, I thought he could possibly use that technics. However, why there has to be the dolls represented those injured persons emerged out of his body later; why Hawkins' left arm was notably weird, and more secrets about his hidden sword I was/am still at lost.

GeckoMoria
November 10, 2008, 11:03 PM
i think that the 4 captains were arrested and brought to vegapunk, who made them into cyborgs like kuma but with a special "control switch". So when the strawhats finally regroup and start adventuring again those 4 supernovas will return to fight against the strawhats and it will be an EPIC fight.

what is your opinion on my idea? and plz post your own :)

kkck
November 11, 2008, 12:28 AM
I think they were arrested and will be executed with ace.
I will also post what I think happened to the rest of the supernovas here since I dont think there should be a thread for each group of supernovas.
capone and booney escaped by a tad
kid and law barely beated kuma by working together and are well on their way to fishman island or they got capture and are going to be excecuted with ace. I for for the first choice.

Akainu
November 11, 2008, 03:31 AM
Sentoumaro looked pretty hungry ... <.<

no seriously - I don't think that the supernovae were captured. they had their crew around and there were relativley few marines around so they should have been able to flee.
furthermore Kizaru was still occupied with fighting Rayleigh as the Strawhats left Sabaody and we still don't know what Kuma was up to and thus did after SH departed.

Kidd and Law - who are not really part of the question though - should have had no problem in fighting a Pacifista with their powers. that is after they overcome the "shock" of facing a Shichibukai (which is imo an important part of the pacifista looking like Kuma!)

LoS
November 11, 2008, 03:33 AM
I think they were arrested and will be executed with ace.

capone and booney escaped by a tad

kid and law barely beated kuma by working together and are well on their way to fishman island

Why would they be executed with Ace? That does not make any sense. Ace is a very special execution, him being executed is solely to drag out WB and lay a trap for him.

The other pirates would be held in a prison like all the other captured pirates are.

I agree with the Capone and Bonney bit; although, I still believe Capone will not actually get to FI, he will suffer some mishap before arriving. Like his ship cracking from the pressure.

I also agree that Kid and Law combined defeated the Pacifista.

BlackHair
November 11, 2008, 04:19 AM
Not a single one of the supernove got arrested. They were introduced as some kind of rivals of Luffy. Especially Kid and Law, that's why I highly doubt after their big one-chapter introduction that hey will taken out after a few chapters.

About the 4 supernove, who were beaten by Kizaru, If I'm not mistaken their crew must be near them. So it is possible that they helped them before the marine force came to arrest them. Considering how Kiz went immediately after the SHs having defeating the 4, I do think it is possible.

Freakzin
November 11, 2008, 07:17 AM
hum the Law thing, if it was the real Kuma, I think they were sent flying. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/506/05/ he takes of his glove here, a pretty real kuma-like move.

Sachsenhesse
November 11, 2008, 07:21 AM
if that would be true, then i think we will see law and kidd returning with some strawhatmembers :)

chopper by law would be some sort of cool, because of the speaking bear and brook by kidd... you get it? =D

Akainu
November 11, 2008, 08:00 AM
that "Kuma" hasn't got a bible though.
plus we already saw pacifistas take off the glove to fire the beam from their hands...

Fox666
November 11, 2008, 08:31 AM
They have their crewmates there, but wasn't a Pacifista there too??

thunderhead6482
November 27, 2008, 03:45 PM
I think Kid will beat the crap out of Kuma because using his magnetic DF he could just fling kuma around.

Kaiser Will
November 27, 2008, 04:40 PM
Not a single one of the supernove got arrested. They were introduced as some kind of rivals of Luffy. Especially Kid and Law, that's why I highly doubt after their big one-chapter introduction that hey will taken out after a few chapters.

About the 4 supernove, who were beaten by Kizaru, If I'm not mistaken their crew must be near them. So it is possible that they helped them before the marine force came to arrest them. Considering how Kiz went immediately after the SHs having defeating the 4, I do think it is possible.

I don't think so! Kizaru arrested 500 pirates in SA so this 4 could be arrested!
Maybe Kizaru can make a light jail! Going high now!

But the 11 supernovas really make a big plot in the history, so I agree what you say that they are going to came back, maybe in this war!
And about Law and Kidd with their powers they can defeat a Pacifista!

happy GIN smily
November 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
I wish that so many of the SNs didn't have DFs. Now it seems as though Massacre Killer and Urouge may be the only ones without one. It definitely makes them more interesting however.

Urouge must have some kind of DF-ability. just look how much he grew during the fight against PX and Kizaru

Onomatopoeia
November 28, 2008, 11:15 AM
Urouge must have some kind of DF-ability. just look how much he grew during the fight against PX and Kizaru

Zoro uses Ichiban Gorilla thing that makes his arm's huge but he doesn't have a DF. It's possible that it has something to do with Buddhist Monk training/respiratory system.

BlackHair
November 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
I don't think so! Kizaru arrested 500 pirates in SA so this 4 could be arrested!
Well with the current developments (Kiz arresting 500 pirates+Luffy entering the war) I have to agree with u. But anyway, plz consider the date I wrote that. At that time we didn't had the information we have now xD

Kaiser Will
November 30, 2008, 01:03 PM
@blackhair

You are right about the information that we just came to know in recent days!
But anyway, I really wanna see Luffy meeting the others Supernovas in ID, everyone trying to killing him for what he did, but in the end Luffy will set everyone free!

I'm just start to think how Kizaru managed to captured 500 pirates, and keep them under arrested, he might be able to make a light jail. That would be so cool!

Fox666
November 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
I really wanna see Luffy meeting the others Supernovas in ID, everyone trying to killing him for what he did, but in the end Luffy will set everyone free!Hey, remember Drake, Apo, Urouge and Hawkins doesn't even meet with Luffy. And they didn't keep in SA for their own while their crew was asking to go?

Kaiser Will
November 30, 2008, 09:14 PM
@Ilovefoxes

You kinda misundertood what I said before!
I know that this 4 supernovas don't met Luffy, but they have a possibility of meeting them in ID, since Kizaru beat them and then someone said that the Admiral arrested 500 pirates! And this 4 could be between this 500!
Do you see my point!
Everyone will try to kill him because he punched a Tenryubito therefore bring an Admiral to SA. So taking this facts, I wrote the post!

Fox666
November 30, 2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, but the last thing I said... Drake "let me see what Admiral will come", Hawkins "This is not the day of my death"; they don't seem like to have a pretty good argument for hating Luffy, they wanted to see the Admiral, so Luffy provided something they liked, even if it ended very bad...

Kaiser Will
December 01, 2008, 09:25 AM
Ilovefoxes, even if your arguement is very good, and btw it is, the supernovas got beat and arrested by Kizaru, that's why they will kinda have a grudge against Luffy!

Goji
December 01, 2008, 12:25 PM
I think Kid will beat the crap out of Kuma because using his magnetic DF he could just fling kuma around.
Well, if Kuma really is made/modified by Dr. Vegapunk like he says he is, I highly doubt the metal he is made of is susceptible to magnetism...

If that is true, and we take Kuma's obvious strenght and DF power into account, I say Kidd still isn't a match for Kuma, yet. :oh

Epikhigh
December 01, 2008, 07:04 PM

Anyone else think Capone's DF is the weakest DF ever??(At least from what was shown...) So he can have a lot of weakling marine type ppl come out of his body... and shoot cannons from his body... HAh... I think Luffy and Zorro would destroy him and so would any of the other 11 supernova's HAHa.

And I wonder how a swordsman is supposed to fight Kidd??...he can just steal all their swords away... Some of the most powerful OP characters are swordsmen... Kidd > Mihawk ?? loll

The Adamant Dragon
December 01, 2008, 07:42 PM

Anyone else think Capone's DF is the weakest DF ever??(At least from what was shown...) So he can have a lot of weakling marine type ppl come out of his body... and shoot cannons from his body... HAh... I think Luffy and Zorro would destroy him and so would any of the other 11 supernova's HAHa.

And I wonder how a swordsman is supposed to fight Kidd??...he can just steal all their swords away... Some of the most powerful OP characters are swordsmen... Kidd > Mihawk ?? loll

I wouldn't underestimate Capone... We probably haven't seen all the Abilities his DF could offer, since we only saw a few panels. I mean, He wouldn't have made it this far if that's the only thing he could do... For exemple:: He surely had to shrink his horde ( His Army ) before storing them in his body. Nothing tells us he can't change Luffy's or Zorro's body-size.

As for Kidd vs Mihawk:: From what we've seen so far, Kidd always let his opponent know his DF's powers right off the bat. So I don't think Mihawk will even let him the time to steal his sword. But that's just me though ^^

Tenryuken
December 03, 2008, 09:32 AM
I voted for Law and saw that only 60% are thinking the same thing.
This must be a joke, there is no way for kidd to defeat him.

RichardMNixon
December 03, 2008, 10:07 AM
I voted for Law and saw that only 60% are thinking the same thing.
This must be a joke, there is no way for kidd to defeat him.

One would assume Law's sword is made of metal. If he needs the sword to separate things in his room, Kidd wins effortlessly. If he doesn't, I'd still say holding anything metal is a pretty dangerous proposition against Kidd, he could find himself on his own sword mighty quick.

They might be pissed at Luffy afterward, but I think their primary goal would be to get the hell out of Impel Down and maybe beat him up later.

Tenryuken
December 03, 2008, 10:21 AM
One would assume Law's sword is made of metal. If he needs the sword to separate things in his room, Kidd wins effortlessly. If he doesn't, I'd still say holding anything metal is a pretty dangerous proposition against Kidd, he could find himself on his own sword mighty quick.

Yes but people trapped inside his room can't do nothing but feel pain.
They can do nothing so I assume that if Law would trap Kidd in his room, Kidd would be powerless.

RichardMNixon
December 03, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yes but people trapped inside his room can't do nothing but feel pain.
They can do nothing so I assume that if Law would trap Kidd in his room, Kidd would be powerless.

You have a source for that? As far as I can tell he can just rearrange the parts on people and things. Even the headless guy with his body blown up was just surprised and hot, he didn't seem in much pain to me.

Tenryuken
December 03, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yes but they couldn't flee his room, meaning that they were somehow traped.
they also had guns but didn't use them.

RichardMNixon
December 03, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yes but they couldn't flee his room, meaning that they were somehow traped.
they also had guns but didn't use them.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/505/03/
It just happened pretty quick, Kidd would be a lot faster than Joe the Marine and if Law needs his sword to do that he'd be in a heap of trouble. There's also zero indication that just being in the room wracks them with agony, the dude and the head are having a comical conversation about the room while in it.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/505/07/
Even here when they're all mixed up they're just confused and don't appear to be in any sort of pain. Even if Law did manage to do that to Kidd, Kidd would continue the fight with metal body parts. If anyone can do that he can.

And the last time they tried to use a gun (cannon) on him, one of them got decapitated and had his body blown up. The marines are scared out of their wits.

Fox666
December 04, 2008, 03:56 AM
Even if Law did manage to do that to Kidd, Kidd would continue the fight with metal body parts.Well, that convinced me.

Tenryuken
December 04, 2008, 04:39 AM
If people trapped in Law's room are able to fight, then what's the point of his room?

RichardMNixon
December 04, 2008, 11:39 AM
Did you see what happened to the people in it? We don't know the exact purpose of the room, but as far as I can tell within the confines of his room he's able to rearrange body parts and objects. He could cut off your legs and put them on top of your head so you have to walk upside down, or maybe cut off his own lower arm and switch it with a big gun.

Tenryuken
December 04, 2008, 01:07 PM
but nobody inside his room could fight back.

BlackHair
December 04, 2008, 11:11 PM
but nobody inside his room could fight back.Cause those were cannon fodder.

Cannon fodder are there to let other character shine xD They are 1hit weaklings.

I don't think a logia would be "trapped" in that circle of Law.

Fox666
December 05, 2008, 04:02 AM
Yes, a Logia can rearange his body at his own...

Tenryuken
December 05, 2008, 04:33 AM
well it seems that Law is just a mere swordsman according to you guys.
Zoro could easily beat his ass then.

Fox666
December 05, 2008, 07:20 AM
I don't think that a swordman couldn't beat Law... screwing up the opponent body is no good for a swordsman. =S

RichardMNixon
December 05, 2008, 10:47 AM
Just because something doesn't happen, doesn't mean it can't. We have zero indication that people in Law's room have to just lay down on the ground and wait to die, he would be the most powerful person in the world if that was true.

He is not just a swordsman, his room messes people up real good, it just doesn't have anything to do with making them inexplicably unable to fight. If Zoro tried to fight Law, he'd have quite a problem when Law cuts off his arms and attaches them to his ankles. Then again we've never seen Law fight a competent opponent, if his attack requires a sword swing maybe it can be blocked.

Tenryuken
December 05, 2008, 11:47 AM
Well I am still keeping with the "inside the room you're dead" theory.
Maybe we will be seeing Law very soon in action if he is part of the 500 hundreds(in some translation they said all of the) Pirates that Kizaru beated out of anger.
The only Pirate that could have escaped Kizaru would be Bonney.

Organizized
December 05, 2008, 12:09 PM
I don't see why a Logia shouldn't be able trapped in Law's room. However, I fail to see how it would make any difference. I mean we've seen a Logia user (Kizaru) lose his arm and easily regenerate before thanks to his light fruit. It shouldn't be that different when Law splits someone in pieces.

Gecko Moria
December 07, 2008, 03:00 AM
I voted Kidd just because his DF has a better killing capacity
Law's one is good but it doesnt kill

Nightthorn
December 07, 2008, 01:37 PM
I voted Kidd just because his DF has a better killing capacity
Law's one is good but it doesnt kill

I know what you mean but Kidds is just pure damage and taking metal objects of enimies but if you look at Laws hre Can disable them very easily which i think would be a better DF because he could makee them unable to fight while his crew destroyed there actual boddies. Just my opinion :):D

RichardMNixon
December 07, 2008, 02:17 PM
I know what you mean but Kidds is just pure damage and taking metal objects of enimies but if you look at Laws hre Can disable them very easily which i think would be a better DF because he could makee them unable to fight while his crew destroyed there actual boddies. Just my opinion :):D

Unless he needs his sword to cut them apart; Kidd can take that from him very easily. Also Kidd fights by making huge body parts out of metal. Even if he was just a head I think he'd be fine if his powers still worked, he'd just make a mecha-body for himself.

Sachsenhesse
December 07, 2008, 03:23 PM
people... whats brings the discussion here? i mean from that what we´ve seen on archipelago we all would think luffy can only make bodyparts bigger, but fucked its just a way to use his power...

who knows if kidd is not be able to control people by the electromagnetic field or law to extend his room by a larger field with other consequences like teleportation and such jokes

a who is stronger thread is right now senseless by what we´ve seen from them

Onomatopoeia
December 07, 2008, 03:24 PM
Actually for Law, I've seen little reason to assume that he has to use that sword specificly.

As far as I can tell, the moving of objects and the creation of room are both Laws ability which are the most important parts. The only part that requires his sword is the cutting motion, which really just means that he needs something sharp to cut their head off.

Razh
December 08, 2008, 12:12 PM
who knows if kidd is not be able to control people by the electromagnetic field or law to extend his room by a larger field with other consequences like teleportation and such jokes

As fas as I gathered Kid is no Magneto. He needs to be in touch with metal in order to control it, or shape it. I don't think he can control magnetic field. His body can become magnetic, or he can reverse it in order to repel metals from himself.
That's how Paramecias work in One Piece.

If it weren't like that, he wouldn't need to attract metals to stick to his hand and body parts around it, like we've seen.

Law's power is a real enigma. Just like Hawkins'.
Apparently, he has complete control inside his field, enough to distort reality itself. He can cut distant objects, manipulate objects to change positions... It's like the time is stopped inside the field, but it's not. Otherwise the head of the marine wouldn't be able to talk.

Tenryuken
December 08, 2008, 05:19 PM
Just like Hawkins'.

Basil's DF power is like Voodoo.
But he also can predict future with his cards and that has nothing to do with his DF.

Razh
December 08, 2008, 06:16 PM
I said it was real enigma. Sure part of it is obviously voodoo inspired. But can you explain how he manages to sacrifice other people instead of himself? You can't.
And his "devil conquering phase" in which he turns into a big scarecrow is a question for itself. WTF is that?

All that I am sure of is that it has something to do with straws. He was obviously connected to those people he sacrificed. Maybe he attached some kind of straws to them to obtain a link.

Speaking of future prediction. Did you not notice the straws that were attached to each card? I suppose it's just a coincidence, and doesn't have anything to do with his DF. Right.
Anyways, it seemed more like a calculation of odds to me.

Tenryuken
December 09, 2008, 02:22 AM
You're saying that his DF could know that he would survive against Kizaru eventrough he didn't even know his power?
I am thinking that besides his DF he is also some kind of Medium or something like that.

About his "devil conquering phase", it's his way to fight. The voodoo thing is just defense, how are gonna win a fight if you don't attack?

Razh
December 09, 2008, 05:11 AM
You're saying that his DF could know that he would survive against Kizaru eventrough he didn't even know his power?
I am thinking that besides his DF he is also some kind of Medium or something like that.

And I'm saying that it falls under the abillity of his fruit, or at least he can do it better with the use of his fruit.
What do you think that those goddamn straws attached to each card were?

About his "devil conquering phase", it's his way to fight. The voodoo thing is just defense, how are gonna win a fight if you don't attack?

Yes, thanks for discovering hot water.
But his turning into a scarecrow, combined with the abillity to sacrifice other people and predict possibilities makes his DF a real enigma, with a big E.

Onomatopoeia
December 09, 2008, 07:57 PM
And I'm saying that it falls under the abillity of his fruit, or at least he can do it better with the use of his fruit.
What do you think that those goddamn straws attached to each card were?

Yes, thanks for discovering hot water.
But his turning into a scarecrow, combined with the abillity to sacrifice other people and predict possibilities makes his DF a real enigma, with a big E.
Pretty much, my best guess is that he has some sort of Voodo based ability that stretches over a really wide range of abilities.

Or perhaps Shaman Based...

Basil Hawkins
December 10, 2008, 05:30 AM
OK guys I see that you are discussing me here so I'll give my view on the matter ;).
For me it's obvious that I have eaten the String String DF.Every ability I have shown can be explained with it.
1)Fortune telling
Well I think that the explanation of this is connected to the SS fruit.How you ask?Greek mythology-the three sisters who are "sewing"(that is not the correct word in English,but I just can't think of a more appropriate one) the fate of the others.With the SS fruit I can actually see the "strings of fate".Also see WoT by RJ-the Pattern.
2)Damage transferring
It was hinted that I have to have contact with somebody in order to be able to transfer the damage.Probably I attach some kind of string ( "string of fate"?) to somebody and that is how I transfer the damage.
3)Demon conquering phase
I have eaten the SS DF.So I just turn into Strings?Kinda like Mr1.He wasn't metal all of the time IIRC.
Have I missed something?

Tenryuken
December 10, 2008, 06:10 AM
No, I agree with you except on the fortune telling.

Razh
December 10, 2008, 06:36 AM
No, I agree with you except on the fortune telling.

Well what do you think those strings attached to the cards are then?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/07/
And he accidentaly can turn into straw monster.

And when somebody is telling fortune, or predicting future, they don't really use percentages.

bittman
December 10, 2008, 09:00 PM
Guh.

It's obviously something like: The Shaman Shaman Fruit. What the hell is this string thing? Anyway:
Damage Transfer: Voodoo Dolls
Fortune Telling with Cards: common Gypsy technique. Percentages are just Oda's way of making Hawkins sound cool.
Straw transform + nails: expansion on his Voodoo Doll, where he himself becomes one. Nails are often used with Voodoo dolls to attack a specific area.

Try refute it if you want, but I'm right so you'll just be wrong =P [/ego]

Basil Hawkins
December 11, 2008, 04:16 AM
Guh.

It's obviously something like: The Shaman Shaman Fruit. What the hell is this string thing? Anyway:
Damage Transfer: Voodoo Dolls
Fortune Telling with Cards: common Gypsy technique. Percentages are just Oda's way of making Hawkins sound cool.
Straw transform + nails: expansion on his Voodoo Doll, where he himself becomes one. Nails are often used with Voodoo dolls to attack a specific area.

Try refute it if you want, but I'm right so you'll just be wrong =P [/ego]
Shaman Shaman DF?What's next-Batman Batman DF?
Voodoo dolls?AFAIK Voodoo dolls are not part of ANY MAJOR shamanistic culture.They are just another "author interpretation" in Hollywood movies.
Fortune telling:Gypsies DO NOT have shamans.
Straw transformation -LOL
Last sentence ROFL.

JC123
December 12, 2008, 01:59 AM
Voodoo dolls are part of Haiti tradition.

As such, you also have zombie culture coming from said tradition where people can be entranced to be in a catatonic state so that their mind appears elsewhere.

And yes, Haiti tradition is majorly shamanistic. HOWEVER! It's not made up of Hollywood movies unless you include Night of the Living Dead. [/geekmode]

bittman
December 12, 2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks for looking up fact JC123...I couldn't be bothered =P

@ Basil Hawkins: the man himself! When I said shaman, I was being general. Shaman is a term used to refer to mystical people with power over souls. It can range from witch doctors to gypsies by my interpretation, but if your interpretation is just from something in Hollywood (or even worse...Shaman King), then so be it.

And on your string string fruit: sounds like the lamest fruit of all time. What did he turn into string for other than to become less substantial, but obviously not Logia? Because it was awesome? The dolls which appeared out his arm are stereotypical voodoo doll appearance.

And yes, a Batman Batman fruit would be freaking awesome, but we already have the human human fruit which is all that lame superhero is anyway. Spiderman Spiderman fruit has potential though.

Razh
December 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
Percentages are just Oda's way of making Hawkins sound cool.

While it could be true, you'll forgive me if I don't change my mind completely. :)

No, when you predict future using percentages it's like saying right away that you could be wrong, unless it's 100% or 0%. That's some crappy prediction.

Turning into scarecrow does 2 things. Makes him resistant to crushing damage and makes him more flexible. (And a lot taller and uglier.)

Basil Hawkins
December 13, 2008, 07:12 AM
@JC123
Well I said AFAIK.Obviously you have different opinion.Well if we look at wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_doll#Myths_and_misconceptions I think it supports my statement.Of course I know that wiki is not always right so if you wish show me a source which supports your view on the matter.
@bittman
Well since I've first saw Basil's abilities I've decided that it was a string string fruit.I could be wrong,but when latter we saw his demon conquering phase I thought it became clear that his DF is String String.And btw in the beginning I thought that Gum Gum DF is uber lame and I certainly wasn't expecting something like gear 2 and 3,but see what happened.
And if we speak in general why Shaman Shaman DF?His nickname is "The Magician",so why not the Magic Magic DF.We can expect fireballs,thunderstorms,blizzards,teleport and such from Basil then.I'd say we could even connect them to the Shaman Shaman DF.

Razh
December 13, 2008, 09:53 AM
I'd say we could even connect them to the Shaman Shaman DF.

Shaman is a concept too wide. That way, there could be Fighter Fighter DF or Scientist Scientist DF or Accountant Accountant DF...

And I would bet more on Straw fruit, then String fruit.

Basil Hawkins
December 13, 2008, 01:54 PM
Razh that's exactly what I meant-it's a concept far too wide.Also the demon conquering phase certainly looks more like straw fruit,but I can't find a good explanation on the other two abilities we've seen.And about the percentages-I think that probably Oda's concept is that there are infinite number of possible futures(kinda like Dune) and Hawkins sees the outcomes in percentages-for example in 4% of the possible futures he dodges XXX attack,in 12% he parries it etc.

Razh
December 13, 2008, 09:08 PM
First thing I thought of after I saw him turn into that scarecrow thing, after sacrificing other people and calculating odds is - drawing straws.
Don't know why. Maybe Oda made some weird concept. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.
But we'll just have to wait for explanation. It's too hard to figure out at this point.

SilversDKRayleigh
January 01, 2009, 05:34 PM
I wonder how many of them are in ID, I think it would be funny if all of them are in there.

toxun
January 01, 2009, 09:45 PM
I wonder how many of them are in ID, I think it would be funny if all of them are in there.

It doesn't funny for them :mad. One thing for sure, Zoro who spent some time with Perona isn't there, while Luffy infiltrate in.

Tenryuken
January 02, 2009, 04:54 AM
Those who were beaten by Kizaru are probably there.

Akainu
January 02, 2009, 05:17 AM
wow, what an illumination :o

and now totally without irony: I think Capone and Gluttony might have gotten away before.
not too sure about the four beaten supernovae though.
also there isn't much room for 500 pirates if we consider some of them might actually just have large crews like Capone and there was really much fodder on SA.

Tenryuken
January 02, 2009, 08:18 AM
not too sure about the four beaten supernovae though.

Really?:blink

also there isn't much room for 500 pirates if we consider some of them might actually just have large crews like Capone and there was really much fodder on SA.

Cuz you built ID?:s

Akainu
January 02, 2009, 08:58 AM
did I talk about ID when I wrote not much room?
I don't think so.
I wrote that in the amount of people captured (=500) there shouldn't be too much "room", "place" whatever left if there are more huge piratecrews, specifically those I see as cannonfodder.
And no, I'm not sure that the four beaten supernovae got away. despite having their crews near them the moment they were beaten by Kizaru they might have been captured afterwards. well whatever :amuse

Tenryuken
January 02, 2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah, true.
Why botering to put pirates in ID?

Akainu
January 02, 2009, 10:54 AM
well that's something we know by fact that they were sent to Impel Down which has more than enough free cells and if not they could just send some inmates through the torturing.

but since you don't want me to answer your posts I wont bother any longer

Dice
January 02, 2009, 04:02 PM
Does anybody think about what happens when Capone loses his devil fruit powers?
Maybe all things inside him get big again and he explodes^^

Tenryuken
January 03, 2009, 04:27 AM
Does anybody think about what happens when Capone loses his devil fruit powers?
Maybe all things inside him get big again and he explodes^^

Maybe he is just creating his crew.
One of them called him father.
Otherwise how would he be able to stock so much inside him?

How'd you know he didn't?

He isn't Oda.

GeckoMoria
March 08, 2009, 07:00 PM
i read this on onepiece.wiki.com http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Capone says here that "Capone can create his massive amounts of subordinates" now if Capone can really just create soldiers then he becomes my favorite supernova because i love the idea of that devil fruit otherwise he seems useless without his crew....

also i believe that he can shrink objects and place them inside his "castle-like body" of course he probably has to actually touch things first to shrink them and place them inside. i base this off of this page http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/04/ and this page http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/05/

but its anyones guess how his powers work any capone fans out there wanna share your insight?

Schabrak
March 09, 2009, 07:28 AM
but its anyones guess how his powers work any capone fans out there wanna share your insight?
You can't trust anything but printed encyclopedias.^^ -> We don't trully know how his powers function, but him creating people inside him is a 99% false fact.

- he can store people/things inside him, by shrinking them

That's all we have seen of him.

Razh
March 09, 2009, 07:45 AM
Actually he has a small field of effect around him. As seen when the cannonball suddenly becomes normal sized after crossing the border.

Akainu
March 09, 2009, 07:50 AM
the question how it works is still rather interesting, isn't it?
I mean does he have to touch things so that they get small? that would be literally putting stuff inside him. on the other hand stuff that leaves him like the cannonball doesn't need a touch , so could the cavalry just jump inside? hope to see that someday

Schabrak
March 09, 2009, 08:19 AM
Or he could just capture strong enemies inside of him. Would be quiet funny to see someone trying to escape from within, running through his body.

Razh
March 09, 2009, 11:26 AM
I don't think capturing strong enemies inside him would be a good idea. There's a lot of damage they could do. He had people in his damn eye. Imagine what could Zoro do there.

I think his fruit allowed him to modify his body into human fortress. It's not just a shrinking field of effect. His people were inside him. There were doors opening!
So, I think Capone could have as much firepower as a battleship, but he obviously needs his men to operate inside. Firing cannons, guns, arrows or what not, throwing barrels filled with gunpowder, anything you can imagine.

It seems his fruit is not really suited for mano a mano battle. Don't expect him to be able to do much on his own, without his crew inside.

Imitorar
March 09, 2009, 01:45 PM
You can't trust anything but printed encyclopedias.^^ -> We don't trully know how his powers function, but him creating people inside him is a 99% false fact.

- he can store people/things inside him, by shrinking them

That's all we have seen of him.
Out of curiosity, what makes you assume that his power is to shrink things and store them inside of him and not to create them? What happened in the manga can be interpreted either way, and personally, I prefer the latter. It just seems so much cooler and more far-fetched. Plus, considering how much Capone kept mentioning "firepower", I would assume that his power is to increase his firepower, in other words, to create armies inside of him, not to simply store his men, because that's not a power directly correlating to firepower. But if you have any information or argument as to why his power can't be creating an army, I'm eager to hear it.

Actually, I like what Razh said about his body being a fortress but him needing people to man it very much, it would seem to cover both possibilities. I guess the shrinking just comes with the fruit, then.

GeckoMoria
March 09, 2009, 01:46 PM
that would probably be the funnest crew to be apart of lol his crew probably doesn't suffer many causalities either considering they have Capone stronghold as defense.

Lord Rayleigh
March 09, 2009, 02:33 PM
For me, Capone's DF is THE more interesting fruit we have ever seen in the OP Universe. It's not like a DF whose power effects are obvious like the others. With his DF, you cannot know what will come out of him : it's like a wonderful surprise box. I mean every distant attack that is possible in the OP Universe can come out of him : he just need to put in his body the necessary things to create/throw the attacks. And with the fact that the things are reduced in the barrier dimension and that his body is not reduced, he can put so much things.
By consequence, you never know what use he can do of his DF, it's why I like so much this DF.
Moreover, there is also the interior of his body that can be interesting to see.

On one hand, it seems that his DF is not appropriate to a mano a mano fight : the things that come out of his body must overtake the barrier limit : it is impossible to overtake it if the things do not go out of his body. So, because the things are really tiny, you cannot use the normal mano a mano attacks.
For example, if he would like his crew to give kicks to a person in front of him, he would have not been able to do it : we cannot see legs out of the barrier that are kicking a guy and disappear then into the barrier because the legs cannot pass the barrier if the guys do not go out of his body (they are to tiny to pass it if the bodies of the guys stayed in the fortress).

On the other hand, you can imagine that things coming out of his body can ward off direct attacks and injure in a mano a mano fight.
Moreover, his fortress body must make him really resistent to mano a mano attacks, as a super tekkai.
And in the same logic, his body, which is made up of fortress stones, would allow his own mano a mano attacks to be super strong, really better than a Franky's metal hand.
Plus, inside the barrier dimension, the fortress is normally build as a super huge. So, in the normal dimension, it is as a lot of little things that are linked : you know that the more the atomes are tight, the more the matter is hard. So, in the normal dimension, his body could be really hard because the atomes are tight (indeed, it is a narrower dimension) and then because the matter is stone, which is already composed of tight atomes.

Plus, we do not know what happened with attacks on him. If the attacks are reduced, the effects will be nullified in the barrier dimension. And, so, his body should not be injured. For example, a super logia fire/electricity attack, reduced to a little one, do not do a lot of things against a fortress as huge as his body (remember than inside the barrier, the height of his body is titanic).

So, it will be impossible to injure Capone if it works in that way. Even logias would not be able to injure him and the same things with the normal attacks : they will all be a like microscopic attack against a titanic fortress.

So, his DF can be, in reality, extremely useful in a mano a mano fight too.

So, for me, Capone's DF is one of the best fruit we have ever seen for all these other reasons. And Capone's should/can be super strong : it depends on what Oda decide to do with Capone because if the DF is mastered, Capone is unbeatable.
This DF should have been the one of a Yonkou or an Admiral ...

@ Imotorar : I'm more than disappointed about your post : it is full of nonsense about the creation power.

Do you think that he can create living creatures ? The people who talk inside his body and behave as the ones we've seen in the restaurant are living (they called him father too, they moove, they talk etc ...) : it is obvious that there are humans. But you suppose that they can be created by him. So, it would mean that Capone has the power of God inside his own body/barrier dimension.

But if it is a God power, it would obviously not work out of his barrier limit which is the limit of his DF influence.
With the cavalry charge you can see these people coming out of his body and always living.
So, it would mean that in the normal dimension, out of his DF influence (the barrier limit), the living creature are moving without his power (like autonomous creatures, able to think and act as he needs to : so, it would really be a God Power (indeed, his influence out of the barrier dimension would be a normal influence, like when normal people give orders to others).

So, it would mean that his god power works always out of his barrier limit. Every creation he would put out of his body, would have a normal height and live in the normal dimension. But the gold creation power would only work inside the barrier dimension.

Does it seem realistic to have such a DF ?

neomaster121
March 09, 2009, 03:41 PM
I don't think capturing strong enemies inside him would be a good idea. There's a lot of damage they could do. He had people in his damn eye. Imagine what could Zoro do there.

I think his fruit allowed him to modify his body into human fortress. It's not just a shrinking field of effect. His people were inside him. There were doors opening!
So, I think Capone could have as much firepower as a battleship, but he obviously needs his men to operate inside. Firing cannons, guns, arrows or what not, throwing barrels filled with gunpowder, anything you can imagine.

It seems his fruit is not really suited for mano a mano battle. Don't expect him to be able to do much on his own, without his crew inside.

yea from the nature of his ability

kidd would own him bad
he has so much metal inside him its not even funny

Zoro luffy, law kidd and maybe a few other more supernova would easily defeat capone from what we've seen of him and them

Imitorar
March 09, 2009, 04:09 PM
@ Imotorar : I'm more than disappointed about your post : it is full of nonsense about the creation power.

Do you think that he can create living creatures ? The people who talk inside his body and behave as the ones we've seen in the restaurant are living (they called him father too, they moove, they talk etc ...) : it is obvious that there are humans. But you suppose that they can be created by him. So, it would mean that Capone has the power of God inside his own body/barrier dimension.

But if it is a God power, it would obviously not work out of his barrier limit which is the limit of his DF influence.
With the cavalry charge you can see these people coming out of his body and always living.
So, it would mean that in the normal dimension, out of his DF influence (the barrier limit), the living creature are moving without his power (like autonomous creatures, able to think and act as he needs to : so, it would really be a God Power (indeed, his influence out of the barrier dimension would be a normal influence, like when normal people give orders to others).

So, it would mean that his god power works always out of his barrier limit. Every creation he would put out of his body, would have a normal height and live in the normal dimension. But the gold creation power would only work inside the barrier dimension.

Does it seem realistic to have such a DF ?
No, not at all. Not in the slightest bit. A Devil Fruit that turns you into a human fortress and allows you to create miniature soldiers to man yourself? It sounds completely ludicrous. And this being One Piece, where absurd powers abound, it also seems like a plausible ability. I'm not saying that "One Piece is weird" justifies all theories, because it doesn't. But this is Devil Fruit powers, where more or less anything goes.

Yes, I think that the "barrier limit" as you called it was just his powers going back to full size. It happens at a certain distance. But that doesn't mean that he should be able to create things outside of himself. I assume that the power works by allowing Capone to create soldiers, and then release them. I think that it makes sense, there's no need to assume that he should only be able to create soldiers in the shrinking limit. The shrinking is one thing, depending on distance. And the creating of soldiers is another thing, depending on "being inside of Capone". And once created, they're created, fully functional beings. An unlimited supply of soldiers. A very powerful ability.

Though I admit, you raise some good points, and the theory that Capone can create his own soldiers doesn't seem as strong now, but like I said, I also like Razh's idea that Capone is a fortress with the ability to shrink people to man himself. Though that theory doesn't really explain why Capone also has the ability to shrink things, an ability which seems independent of his being a fortress, but it could be explained as a necessary function, having to shrink things down to fit the fortress. But to be honest, I find his creating the soldiers as a function of the fortress to be a far neater explanation, not to mention a far cooler one.

Schabrak
March 09, 2009, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to mention, that the first time we see him in the restaurant, his man are standing outside talking to him like Nakama/Mafia.^^ Than he kills or hurts one...

He just SHOULD NOT be able to create life by himself. It's not a cool power, it's the power of biology and ...well some say the mighty god. Creating a adult human life with high intelligence is science fiction. And it would give him "two" different DF powers. -> not possible

Lord Rayleigh
March 09, 2009, 05:58 PM
I think we can assume like Razh said, that he is a fortress man : if this power was just to shrink things, it would not mean he would be able to change his body structure.
Indeed, the more important transformations of normal bodies we have seen for the moment are cyborgs and zombies. And in all the cases, we cannot open the body of a living creature and modify it like a puppet : I mean there was a normal consistency inside : blood and flesh (#)
So, the fortress structure must have directly something to do with the DF's main characteristics and not only to a operation he was able to undergo thanks to shrinking.

We can explain the shrinking power I suppose because as a fortress man, he needs to have the exact power of a normal fortress (aim of his DF). So to be a normal fortress, the height of the things has to be smaller for his body to be able to contain what a normal fortress contains ; and to have the normal effects/impacts of a normal fortress, the things have to retake a normal size. It is how I would explain the fortress ability to shrink.

But the questions is now, how does it work ?

For me, the ability to shrink is linked to the fortress as I already said. So, it is only an ability that works with a barrier limit as the one we have seen in the manga.
As I assume that this is a fortress DF (why he is able to have such a body because a normal body would not be able to be transformed in such a way (according to #)), he cannot controle the distance of the barrier limit ; otherwise, it would have nothing to do with a fortress DF, it would only be a shrinking DF. And again, he would not be possible to have such a body.
So, this must be a fortress DF.

We can assume that if people/things can come out of his fortress body, people/things can enter in his fortress body by the sames gates/opening we have seen in the manga. So, it would mean that normal objects created in the normal dimension can go into his body. And so do the living creatures (moreover, a normal fortress can make people enter and go out).
So, it is possible that the humans and the objects are coming from the normal dimension and stock in the fortress body : what is the normal aim of a fortress.

Now, if the fortress DF has the power to create the things a normal fortress have, the shrinking ability would not be necessary. It would be useful but not necessary because the things do not have to be able to enter in his body : indeed the fortress body would be able to create the things, so they would already be in his body. The only necessary thing would be to be able to make the fortress creations come out of his body, so thanks to gates. But by definition, the fortress body has already that. So, the shrinking ability would really not be necessary and the weapons/people only have to come out of his body, what could be possible.
So, they would not need to have a normal size with the barrier limit.
So, the shrinking barrier would not be necessary for the working of the DF.

So, the question is why he has a shrinking barrier ? As I first said, it is because it has to be the power of a normal fortress. But to have it, the things/living creatures must have in reality the size they have out of the DF's distance of influence (the barrier limit). Otherwise, it would not turn into a normal size out of his body's radious of influence.
If it turns in normal size out of the barrier limit, it is because it is their size by nature (##).
So, we can conclude of it (according to ##) 2 things :
- if the fortress DF can create things, it would be inside the fortress body and their size by nature would not be the required one they have out of the barrier limit. (*)
- as the things inside the fortress body must have by nature the size of the normal dimension (to have the size they have into the normal dimension), they must come from the normal dimension (**).

With (*) and (**), we have two fundamental laws that contradict the theory of a fortress body able to create what a fortress body normally contain.

Hope I'm now more clear in my ideas and that I have well explained my view of the nature of this DF power.

Razh
March 10, 2009, 06:56 AM
There isn't really that much to discuss.

On these pages:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/02/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/04/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/05/

we can see that the inside of Capone looks like a fortress and that those same gangsters that were beside him in the restaurant are manning the guns, talking with each other, riding horses and such. So, I don't think he creates them himself.
That would be too much.

But wouldn't it be cool if he had a crewman with DF? Someone with a nice paramecia that has a long range capabilities. Imagine the surprise attack.

Akainu
March 10, 2009, 07:07 AM
if the range of the paramecia doesn't get downsized too, then it would be. otherwise there's not much sense behind having a fruit like kidd's or law's inside.

Schabrak
March 10, 2009, 07:38 AM
Just like the canonball shrank, the power would increase to the effectness of it's natural size outside of Capone. He would just had to stand near the end of the fortress. He is'nt called firetank capone for no reason.^^

Imitorar
March 10, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well, I still think that Capone's powers could go either way, but I'm starting to lean more toward the theory that says that he's a fortress who can shrink things to scale. It's not the argument that him being able to create soldiers would be too over-the-top that's swaying me, because I don't think that that affects the likelihood of him having it, and it would fit with what we've seen. It's the argument that if Capone can create the soldiers, then the shrinking and enlarging power seems to be tacked on, because he should just have an army of miniature soldiers. But I haven't abandoned that theory yet, I still think it'd be cooler, and I still think that him being able to create soldiers that grow to fit the rest of the world could be made to fit, but as I said, I lean toward the fortress only side now. I still consider him creating the soldiers to be a possibility, just not the most likely one.

bittman
August 06, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm bumping this thread out of retirement for two discussion reasons:

1) Luffy has now charged through Impel Down, and people are currently charging through Marineford and we're still yet to see so much as the corner of Drake's ginormous chin. Where could they possibly be, and how will they be freed? Or even, will they ALL be freed (hint: Supernova -> new Shichibukai)

2) A lot of the Supernova's are really nothing more than the captains with inconsequential crews. After seeing Ace's flashback of merging with Whitebeard's crew, it got me thinking: will some of the Supernova's merge with each other / another powerful crew.

Anyway, two points for discussion, many many many possibilities for answers. Be a little imaginative here and predict something beyond the next chapter or how many years it took for Whitebeard to grow his mustache and abdominal muscles.

toxun
August 06, 2009, 02:14 AM
The chance the supernova to forge allience? I think they've personally deal with the trouble in the new world alone first , and the power their faced intended to get rid of them/deminish their influence, so they need to forge alliance. If the new power actually like the newbie potency, they might walk the path of once Ace had.

ofir271
August 06, 2009, 03:05 AM
its possible we will see some of the supernovas before the new world,but my guess is that they will apear after the war. we will probably see some crushed crews and understand how powerfull the enemies in this new world really are.
some of the crashed crews may join forces join other other supernovas or other crews.
about bonny i got a guess.she will join luffys crew after being the last surviver of her old crew. she seems to have a connection with zorro.the same apatite as luffy,and some brain(kicking zoro aside).if her crew will die she will have a huge motive to revenge them.