PDA

View Full Version : Theory Obscure characters connection in One Piece

Yans86
November 29, 2006, 05:33 AM
Do u think is possible that the old vice-admiral Tsuru is Luffy grandmother?I can imagine her controlling Gaarp,and be lovely with his son MOnkey D.Dragon and her grandson MOnkey D.LUffy....

alps
November 29, 2006, 09:22 AM
tsuru?
can you tell me where is she showed?
sorry i dont remember

Freakzin
November 29, 2006, 10:03 AM
i had that thought many times, but only in time we'll know

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 10:18 AM
maybe not...the female D member must be freak enough..dr.kureha more suited to be luffy grandmother..hehe

Freakzin
November 29, 2006, 10:22 AM
she doesn't need to be D. Garp already is

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 11:01 AM
What? Why the hell did you even make this thread? It'll be nothing but spam and guesswork...

JoJoJO
December 01, 2006, 07:08 AM
Can somebody give me the chapter of this woman you people talking about

angry
December 01, 2006, 07:50 AM
http://www.rolonoazoro.com/Images/Marina%20Militare/Img04Tsuru.jpg

Vice-Admiral Tsuru (つる中将 Tsuru Chūjō) the "Great Tactician" (大参謀 Dai-Sanbō) is one of Sengoku's direct subordinates at the base in the Sanctuary of Marie Joie. She is an elderly woman, similar in appearance to Dr. Kureha, but older-looking (and probably younger). She was present for the gathering of the Seven Warlords of the Sea (Shichibukai) to choose a replacement for Sir Crocodile.

Oda Eichiro has stated that he tends to name female characters after birds. The tradition continues with Tsuru, whose name means "Crane."

ALL CAPS IS NOT GOOD NETTIQUETTE!

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 01, 2006, 10:24 AM
Don't think Oda would introduce more than Luffy's brother, father and grandfather....
It's no family reunion ...

otaclub_87
December 02, 2006, 10:28 AM
yeah..i think so too...no female D will shown up....

but who knows...????

one piece has been the series lacking female character.....-_-

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 02, 2006, 10:51 AM
But that's a realistic fact at OP!
At the pirate era there were not much woman (except the hookers *g*)

Yans86
December 04, 2006, 12:41 PM
You r not understanding,first of all....I think Tsuru and Luffy r similar for the face....secondly,the heritance of the D. is probably by tha male line.....Monkey D. Garp and Monkey D. Dragon , so.........

Julmari
December 04, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yes i think she is luffys grandmother

Offtopic
About Dragons name could it be like Gold Rogers's name?
Gold rogers real name was Gol D. Rogers so if Dragons name was monkey D. ragon? :D

Dragonzair
December 05, 2006, 10:11 AM
^Nope, it's Monkey D. Dragon. That's what I thought in the beginnning. XD

As for the topic. Ah. Well, who knows. We don't really have enough proof to speculate, but it is random, just like how Oda is random.

jeffhmwong
December 06, 2006, 09:47 AM
WTF......Just becos Dragon was Luffy's dad and thats a Shocker, stop simply making predictions on D. family tree..

No offence, but I really think this is kind of unlikely...

Pevee
December 09, 2006, 06:13 PM
I don't think Oda should introduce us to anymore of the D. family, really. Like Mugiwara no Jack said, this isn't a family reunion.

She can be,but I don't think Oda would do that.

venicia777
December 09, 2006, 08:14 PM
well, i agree with both sides. We honestly dont know much to speculate. and Oda may not reveal another family member soon- if ever, etc etc

But all the same it will be great if a female of strawhat's kin is revealed. oNly guys so far have been revealed. and we all know that Oda knows so well how to reveal characters. it will be a great bonanza- owwww!!!

Efreet
December 09, 2006, 09:13 PM
i think this is highly unlikely but who knows what's going on in Eichiro Oda's mind?

xr3b0rn5inx
February 01, 2007, 08:17 AM
She appear during the meeting with Don Quixte Doflamingo and Bathlomeu Kuma(however u spell their name).I think it might be possible and their both Marines too,haha think of it Dragon can even be Luffy's father wat couldnt happen rite :grin

OP_overlord
February 01, 2007, 11:10 PM
it would be cool if both of luffy grandparents were in themariens together and had teh same rank

haruka9
June 07, 2007, 09:39 PM
I already expressed this though as part of my reply in sahugani's chapter 458 review. But do you guys think that Brooke and Cindry had a connection in the past? This sounds crazy but my theory is that Brooke was the one who proposed to Cindry and got mad when she broke his plates. If you judge by the way Brooke speaks, you'd think that he's a noble man because of his politeness and chivalrous manner of speaking. Noble men are known for that. Plus, his clothes are sophisticated and uses canes that are used by the upper class before. Besides, Nami guessed that Cindry might be from the upper class too. But Cindry's real story is not yet revealed so there is an air of mystery about that (like who is the man who proposed to her, how did she die, how did she disappear, who really is Cindry, etc.). And the short detail about her past wouldn't be mentioned by Dr. Hogback and in the story if it's not that important. And have you guys notice that the simple events in One Piece (that we tend to ignore because we think that it doesn't have any vital role) have something to do with the current or future events? They are related if you get to correlate the past stories to the present storyline. Thus, I'm thinking that the short explanation about Cindry's past will be explained later on because it has a big role on the story.

If my theory is correct that both parties (Brooke and Cindry) are noble people, then it's okay to think that there might be a connection between the two before. And maybe, Brooke was the one who proposed to her.....

Sounds crazy but well, it's just a theory. Hope to hear from you guys.... What do you think?:eyeroll

Anti-panda
June 07, 2007, 11:11 PM
All I can say is it's highly doubtful that a high class nobleman would be a pirate.. considering who most pirates steal from is rich people .. I'm not saying it's possible ... just highly unlikely.

haruka9
June 08, 2007, 02:07 AM
yes. i consider that point of view too

Absolutio
June 11, 2007, 02:10 AM
and cindry was an actress.. might be a noble but still.. Her shadow is the one that having the proposal memories..

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 10:28 AM
Well, anyway, either it's the actress or the owner of the shadow, I doubt she's over 50 years old, especially her body, it died 10 years ago, and brooke spent this 50 last years on his ghost ship, he certainly didn't have a maid with him.

lordHokage
March 11, 2008, 06:29 PM
If Luffy's grandmother is Vice-Admiral Tsuru, then Dragon was ex-marine. :blink

Razh
March 12, 2008, 05:13 AM
So far, every D character had a D in their name when they were introduced.

And now, someone makes a wild guess about Tsuru. Of course, it could be true.

But right now, I could say that Doflamingo is Sanji's dad, and nobody could say that it's more probable that Tsuru is a D, or at least prove it.

Oh, about Dragon being a former admiral, a guy on Vegapunk forum had a nice theory. I don't think it's impossible that he was an admiral.
http://www.vegapunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=2320.0

Yans86
March 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
Actually the female doesn't need to have the D. in her name,because the surname follow "Monkey D." follow the male line.....think about it,where did u take your surname?from your father or from your mother???so actually this isn't impossibile.......and even if this is not a family reunion,with Garp and Dragon,we can't have the mother and the grandmother accidentally died in the past or something stupid like that because you state the female aren't important in Oda Universe......and moreover,a Vice-Admiral,the most dangerous man,the mistery about Portgas D. (Ace),and the future Pirate king....if we don't understand the family connection,inside and outside,Iwon't think that we are going to understand all their actions....

Razh
March 15, 2008, 01:45 PM
So, you're saying that maybe she isn't a D, but married one of them? If she doesn't have a D, then she isn't D.

Would someone remind me of the reasons why it's so possible that she is a D?

Yans86
March 15, 2008, 02:10 PM
She doesn't have to be a D. for marry a D....and obviously the surname of the son,pass in the male line......

Tsukisama
March 16, 2008, 09:53 PM
I doubt it. If a female member of Luffy's family is ever revealed, it will probably only be his mother, but for now, I believe that Luffy's known family will remain a sausage fest. :amuse

wing_gundam
March 16, 2008, 10:09 PM
Yes i think she is luffys grandmother

Offtopic
About Dragons name could it be like Gold Rogers's name?
Gold rogers real name was Gol D. Rogers so if Dragons name was monkey D. ragon? :D

Lol for that logic he'd have to be Monkeyd Dragon. :D

D came from his first name (or fake first name). Plus I think was used more to add the D factor later into Oda's plot rather than a rationalization from the beginning.

Yans86
March 18, 2008, 06:38 AM
Actually we know that they are Monkey D. Garp, Monkey D. Dragon and Monkey D. Luffy.......so no problem about that.....
PS
I would like to know why everyone want a female D.....is not necessary actually.Couldn't Garp and also Dragon,marry a "normal" girl?The D. is something connected to the anciente history,we know that,but this doesn't mean that you must have both your parent with a D.,to be a D.!!!!!!!We found out 7 D. characters in all one piece world....so everyone of them to find a D. female to marry.........too stupid!!!!!lololollolloll
PPS
Sorry for my bad english..

Razh
March 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
Who said that a female D has to be married to a male D?
What are you talking about...

DutchPhoenix
March 18, 2008, 11:16 AM
maybe luffy has a sister

Razh
March 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
Maybe Darth Vader is Luffy's real dad. He had an affair with Luffy's mom.

Your point?

neomaster121
May 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
Both of them were abandoned by pirates so the links there discuss until the spoilers come out im bored

Akainu
May 10, 2008, 05:35 PM
sth. new to think about ^^ lets see.
both left behind by pirates? was Nami? I can't remember atm :(
going by hair colour (the most important fact ever , I know) I'd rather throw in Nojiko.
furthermore I don't think, that the SH are related to each other, though the family background would be a nice thing to read I don't think we get much of it till the very end as thats usualy the drama that connects some stranger to the SH.

all over imo possible ^^

Imitorar
May 11, 2008, 12:25 AM
You can't take a random factor like this and expect it to yield a relationship. I mean, Franky is 16 years older then Nami, and he was found by Tom when he was 10, before Nami was even born. How could the parents have gone from Water 7 to East Blue in a year? They aren't alike in personality or anything either. And it's just unlikely, I see nothing in such a relationship that would benefit the story, meaning there is no reason for Oda to have done it. Nami and Franky were abandoned by different pirate crews and are not brother and sister.

kkck
May 11, 2008, 01:24 AM
I dont remember ever reading nami was related to pirates, if i remember correctly her original village was attacked by pirates and she was saved by bellemere.

Succubus
May 11, 2008, 03:18 AM
wtf is this random theory?... *facepalm*

Absolutio
May 11, 2008, 07:21 AM
Wow, this post takes a lot of self control to not bash... I'll try my best to answer avoiding the bashing.
First of all, if you do take the "links", Nami wasn't abandoned by pirates, but rather her whole original village was destroyed by them, and she and nejiko survived and bellemy found them, or more likely, they found her.
And franky was left behind by his pirate father, but so was Ussop, SO WHAT?
Omg, maybe chopper and Karu (vivi's duck) are related. They're both animals. Maybe Nami and Robin are related, they're both women.
Please, try to think things through before you try and post things that seriously should not be posted..

neomaster121
May 11, 2008, 08:16 AM
yeah goal achieved people posting on the op board

just so those who hate me know

i wasn't really serious this was just to get people posting again

Imitorar
May 11, 2008, 10:07 AM
Well, we thank you for your efforts, but please, if you want to get people to post again, start a topic about a theory with some substance to it... -_-; Besides, discussion sort of lulls whenever there's a week without a chapter, and even more so after two weeks without a chapter. Don't worry, I'm sure discussion will pick up again next week when the next chapter comes out.

Anyway, I think this thread has served its purpose, so I'm locking it.

Oblivion
June 11, 2008, 10:44 AM
could it be that Gol.D and Dragon were brothers?

Maybe Gol.D gave himself up for some reason to save Dragon, and now Dragon is taking his revenge on the WG??

this would also explain why Gol.D was smiling, coz with his death he managed to save his brother and nakama's.

and maybe raileigh will tell Ruffy about it?

this would also make Gol.D Luffy's uncle.

mugen
June 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
umm...absurd...gol id around the same age as garp!..if anything he might be garps brother.

kkck
June 11, 2008, 12:59 PM
At this point anything is posible but the late pirate king being luffy´s uncle or granduncle is too much though. Still I wouldnt mind one way or the other.
What I do disagree on is on oger smiling because he saved someone´s life. He smiled because he is a crazy fucker just like luffy right before buggy tried to decaptate him, saulo before aokiji froze him, ace and BB befor the final clash, ect...

knivez
June 11, 2008, 02:08 PM
They smile because they lived without regrets.

bittman
June 11, 2008, 07:01 PM
What knivez said.

But also, it would be better if Luffy was unrelated to Roger because his family tree is confusing enough as it is ~_~

Organizized
June 12, 2008, 04:10 AM
umm...absurd...gol id around the same age as garp!..if anything he might be garps brother.

That or Luffy's other grandfather.

Nothing is impossible but.. Well, it's hard to see until Oda reveals it, really. The fact that they're D's and smile before dying doesn't prove anything.. I think?

mugen
June 12, 2008, 08:05 PM
That or Luffy's other grandfather.

Nothing is impossible but.. Well, it's hard to see until Oda reveals it, really. The fact that they're D's and smile before dying doesn't prove anything.. I think?

yeah saul is a giant ...too fucking weird..and be related...i will continue to believe he was adopted ....

lordHokage
June 13, 2008, 06:36 PM
I think Gol was either Garp brother or cousin and Rayleigh resembles them both but I don’t think Gol and Dragon were brothers because of the age differences. :D

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 14, 2008, 06:17 PM
i think Gold Roger is related to Garp in someway. Brothers or Cousins.

JC123
June 17, 2008, 08:34 PM
I doubt everyone with a D is related.

Come on... Ace and Blackbeard related by the D?

bittman
June 17, 2008, 08:41 PM
I shudder thinking of Blackbeard having a family.

My theory on the Will of D is that it is a relation, albeit most likely a distant relation/link. Think really distant. Blackbeard might be Luffy's great great grandfather's cousin's best friend's mother-in-law's great grandson's neighbour's nephew type related. I'll expand on this one day...

JC123
June 17, 2008, 08:46 PM
:D

Maybe they're all part of a clan. That I could believe. When the clan gets too big, they split off. Maybe the D means something to all of them for history purposes.

Going back to the True history of the Destruction of the D's... Hmmm...

LoS
June 17, 2008, 08:55 PM
The D's used to be the ruling powers of the world, before the void century.

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 04:07 PM
I dont think they are brothers... Garp would have mentioned when he told luffi about dragon beeing his son

Akaii
June 24, 2008, 08:43 AM
I do so think too that D's are the scattered clans/country men of the certain country which was destroyed because of its power and i think Gold D Roger is luffies mothers side grand dad since we know nothing about luffies that side of familiy like,Gold D Roger Himself besides being the pirate king himself...and mostly the reason why Dragon is reveloting against the WG cause they might have killed or imprisoned luffy mother/his loveing wife for being Gold D 's daughter,considering what they did to tom...for building his ship...its quite possible..since world government want everything Gold D Roger annihilated...so...WG like..:eyeroll

Schabrak
June 24, 2008, 04:50 PM
I do so think too that D's are the scattered clans/country men of the certain country which was destroyed because of its power and i think Gold D Roger is luffies mothers side grand dad since we know nothing about luffies that side of familiy like,Gold D Roger Himself besides being the pirate king himself...and mostly the reason why Dragon is reveloting against the WG cause they might have killed or imprisoned luffy mother/his loveing wife for being Gold D 's daughter,considering what they did to tom...for building his ship...its quite possible..since world government want everything Gold D Roger annihilated...so...WG like..:eyeroll
Why would the marines just kill the daughter of a pirate? She is innocent... on an isle, giving birth to children. XD +Garp or Rogers people would never let her die, by marine hands. He would quit being one. The D comes from Garps side... there is no way, a rare name as D. would come from both sides of the family....
Dragon is revolting because the WG is corrupt, not because Luffys mom is captured/killed.
I'm sure you are the only person in the world that thinks, that Luffys mother is dead. He has a isle where he lived and did not seem mature enough to live alone. Well he is an idiot, that would be the reason why he never told a question about his father.

Akaii
June 28, 2008, 07:23 AM
ah...but one idiot with such a thought would not hurt..since one piece is all about idiots...since luffy did what no pirate with morals will do declare war against the WG..so..yeah..why not...and it was just a thought on me part..eheh..:)..

Schabrak
June 30, 2008, 02:57 PM
Because of Luffys moral he has acted against the WG. To free his nakama. He did all he could do, risking his own life. That has absolutly nothing to do with being an idiot. Dragon has started a war against the WG too, so is he an idiot too? No. One Piece is about Luffy, (who is a little bit slow/dumb at times) who has a dream he wants to achieve. Not a story about idiots. It's no Boboboobo Boobobo.^^

MonkeyD.ODZ
July 03, 2008, 12:00 AM
Maybe Gold D.Roger is Dragon wife 's father. It's very interesting.

cachaco99
July 03, 2008, 07:01 PM
i wrote this somewhere but im putting it here where it belongs

about roger and luffy. at first i was thinking that luffy is the reincarnation of roger. that MAY be possible but i kinda hope it doesnt happen cause i need the idea and i dont want people saying i ripped off the idea from one piece. anyways now im hoping that roger is luffy's grandpa. at first i was gonna leave it just as i said but i dont want people thinking im new to one piece. yes i know garp is luffys grandpa but what if roger was the grandpa on luffy's mother's side. roger and luffy have alot in common(similar eyes, hair style/color, and personality) just like garp and luffy (narcolepse, and somewhat personality). that would be cool if luffy was related to roger in the sense that luffy is his grandson. think about it. garp and roger crossed eachother alot, why? garp said he wanted luffy to be a marine, the reason was because he didnt want luffy turning into a pirate, maybe like roger (if they were related cuz that would make roger and garp in-laws cuz of dragon and luffy's mom). the reincarnation idea is good cuz roger said he wouldnt die but the roger being luffy's other grandpa also has alot of possibilites. think about it, luffy's family is bad ass and crazy.

Garp-a powerful marine vice admiral that crossed paths with roger many times
Dragon-a powerful/famous guy, also most wanted man alive
Luffy's mom-nothing known yet but sure to be crazy
Ace-brother to luffy and second division captain of whitebeard's crew
Luffy-the main hero of the story and the next pirate king

now you see that luffy's family rocks. just imagine

Roger-pirate king and luffy's other grandpa.

that would make their family the most bad ass of everyone in the one piece world. imagine if that happened. and luffy found out. luffy would be so happy. since he was amazed by shanks being in roger's crew.

so all im saying is that the luffy being roger's reincarnation is a good idea but the roger being luffy's other grandpa is better and has more possibilites.

its like how zuko from avatar is the grandson of the previous firelord and also the grandson of the avatar himself. when i heard that i was like DAMN. avatar the last airbender is a good show.

or kinda like dbz where pan is the granddaughter of goku, the most powerful sayian and hercule the most "famous" human on earth

JC123
July 03, 2008, 11:44 PM
So where do Ace and BB fit in?

c0nflikt
July 05, 2008, 12:01 PM
i think this theory is silly but its possible that Dragon was part of Roger's crew.

Schabrak
July 05, 2008, 12:38 PM
Since Shanks and Buggy already were in, it seems very unlikely for Dragon to be in the crew. [But it could have been the reason why Shanks visited Luffys isle.]

bittman
July 06, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'm with the "legacy of the destroyed country" idea.

Besides, with recent developments on One Piece I would be surprised if:
A) Roger had a child before he died due to his blitz of the Grand Line
B) Shanks somehow didn't know Luffy was related to Roger
So Luffy being related to Roger is ruled out in my book, but I'm sure someone will discredit this with ease.

Why do all the people who make a lovely family of D's always forget B.B and Saul? Speaking of Saul, giant's live for hundreds of years, Saul was probably at least 100 (going on knowledge, rank and strength) so don't give me that one family or legacy crap which Roger may have started. Saul had his D well before Roger's parents named their herculean child.

monkey D luffy
December 21, 2008, 03:57 PM
aokiji as a vice admiral: (top left panel)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/397/11/
brook while he was a live: (top roght panel)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/488/04/

there is a great resemblance between them dont you think?

Imitorar
December 21, 2008, 06:08 PM
Aokiji had glasses and an afro. Brook had glasses and an afro. All you've shown is that Oda draws afro'd glasses-wearers similarly.

Razh
December 21, 2008, 06:41 PM
Geezus...

So, do you have any indication besides the fact that they both have afros and are tall?
Aokiji is a lot taller anyway.

Gee, this is an interesting topic.

Fox666
December 21, 2008, 07:03 PM
That is funny... Brook is Aokiji father!! =P =P Oda just love afros. That all.

Aokiji is a lot taller anyway.Well, at least Brook is exactly the same size as Kizaru: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/511/17/

kkck
December 22, 2008, 01:01 AM
aokiji as a vice admiral: (top left panel)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/397/11/
brook while he was a live: (top roght panel)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/488/04/

there is a great resemblance between them dont you think?

Rather than the resemblance being because of aokiji, I think the resemblance is there because there was a fight between ships. The scenarious are similar because in both of them there were cannonballs and that sort of stuff.

Also I very much doupt aokiji had anything to do with what happened to brook since that would mean aokiji's age would be anywhere between 50-100 years old. If we consider that robin was about 10 years old during the ohara incident and right now she is 28 (I think it was said in a sbs), then the ohara incident happened 18 years ago. If aokiji was 30 years old back them, (I dont think he was that old though), then right now he would be 48. There is no way aokiji was even alive when brooks crew was massacred. And wasnt it said that brooks crew was defeated by pirates?

On another point, when brook was in shaky in the SA arc, he commented on how he may have heard of a rookie called roger back in the day. If silver is the same age as roger (somewhere between 60 and 70), then it is very possible that brook has some interesting information about roger and might have even met him.

monkey D luffy
December 22, 2008, 05:05 PM
geez i just asked!
just go ahead and kill me

Razh
December 23, 2008, 07:11 PM
Aokiji's height.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/10/

And Brook isn't as big as Kizaru. He does wear a cylinder on his head. And on that pic Brook is closer to the perspective than Kizaru.(to foxes)

monkey, you didn't just ask. You made a topic. You could have just as well asked it in mega convo.

monkey D luffy
December 24, 2008, 12:39 AM
k my bad i will either give the thread the right prefix (which has for some reason changed cuz im sure i chose question) or will ask in the convo

Fox666
December 24, 2008, 03:45 AM
And Brook isn't as big as Kizaru. He does wear a cylinder on his head. And on that pic Brook is closer to the perspective than Kizaru.(to foxes)Yeah, but Brook is in a crouching position.

gfire2
December 25, 2008, 11:54 PM
im 100% with u on this one, oda is just crazy enough to pull these kinda things and im crazy enuff to love it. i say they are related!

i say brooke is aokiji's uncle or father (father is the least likely but u never noe)

i remember ppl grilling the guy who started the theory abt auction house belonging to don flamingo and guess wat? he was spot on abt it.

Imitorar
December 26, 2008, 12:37 AM
And I remember personally grilling people who thought that Hancock was Luffy’s mother, or who thought that Marguerite would join the Straw Hats. And guess what? They weren’t right. Sometimes something can be so subtly hinted that almost nobody gets it or thinks it makes sense, and yet Oda pulls it off, such as Doflamingo owning the auction house. Other times, people THINK that something is being subtly hinted or implies, when in reality they’re just interpreting something stupidly. To say that Brook and Aokiji are related would be to do the latter. Oda is known to enjoy wacky things in his story, but he’s not really one for stupid relationships that don’t really even matter. Besides, you think Oda would do this? You also think that Gold Roger’s alive, so forgive me for feeling that your thinking something is so is far from any indication that it actually is.

gfire2
December 26, 2008, 01:04 AM
And I remember personally grilling people who thought that Hancock was Luffy’s mother, or who thought that Marguerite would join the Straw Hats. And guess what? They weren’t right. Sometimes something can be so subtly hinted that almost nobody gets it or thinks it makes sense, and yet Oda pulls it off, such as Doflamingo owning the auction house. Other times, people THINK that something is being subtly hinted or implies, when in reality they’re just interpreting something stupidly. To say that Brook and Aokiji are related would be to do the latter. Oda is known to enjoy wacky things in his story, but he’s not really one for stupid relationships that don’t really even matter. Besides, you think Oda would do this? You also think that Gold Roger’s alive, so forgive me for feeling that your thinking something is so is far from any indication that it actually is.

i never liked the idea of hancock being luffys mom and i dont usualli support random theories like that but i could understand y ppl grill others for things like this (coz there has been so many threads like these in the past and i guess ppl are tired of these), but i actualli like this theory and i realli enjoy thinking abt it (mite even get some laughter just thinking abt the possibilites the moment brooke and aokiji meet)

my thoughts

Razh
December 26, 2008, 04:57 PM
i remember ppl grilling the guy who started the theory abt auction house belonging to don flamingo and guess wat? he was spot on abt it.

That was me, lol :p

But that was different, there was more evidence to support the theory.

This one is just about looks.

paradoxe
December 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
personally grilling people who thought that Hancock was Luffy’s mother, or who thought that Marguerite would join the Straw Hats. And guess what? They weren’t right.

I don't understand why you have to be so arrogant in most of your posts, especially as a moderator. Margarette not joining isn't for sure yet; we may still see her join. And Hancock may still be Luffy's mother, although the chances of that happening are slightly slimmer.

People are free to speculate what they want. Isn't this what the Tree of Knowledge is for? You don't have to beat them with a stick every time they do. Your job is to moderate not to put people down.

Imitorar
December 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
I don't understand why you have to be so arrogant in most of your posts, especially as a moderator. Margarette not joining isn't for sure yet; we may still see her join. And Hancock may still be Luffy's mother, although the chances of that happening are slightly slimmer.

People are free to speculate what they want. Isn't this what the Tree of Knowledge is for? You don't have to beat them with a stick every time they do. Your job is to moderate not to put people down.
When I'm moderating, I'm moderating. When I'm posting as a member, I'm posting as a member. And I do allow people to speculate as they wish to. I don't delete a post that proposes a theory I disagree with, no matter how ineffably stupid I think that theory is. I DO, however, reserve the right to point out just how ineffably stupid it is, which is the right of any member of this forum.

And Marguerite will not join, because Luffy has left Amazon Lily, and if the Straw Hats go back there, it will have to be after circumnavigating the world, which would be AFTER the crew is completed. Any chance there ever was is now gone due to the technicality of Luffy having left without her. And Hancock... Look, there was never any evidence for her being Luffy's mother, and she's only 27 at least. Odds are that she's too young to be Luffy's mother. Not to mention the impracticality and sheer pointlessness of the idea. But that isn't the subject of the thread here, the resemblance between Aokiji and Brook is.

monkey D luffy
December 29, 2008, 03:52 PM
bah people are making a big deal out something idiotic i told stop that!!! you are starting to fight over this and this really sucks!

Superman
December 31, 2008, 08:17 AM
bah people are making a big deal out something idiotic i told stop that!!! you are starting to fight over this and this really sucks!

DO WE NEED YOUR PERMISSION TO FIGHT ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!:XD:XD:XD Joking Its not allowed anyway.....geezz i dunno why its not allowed geez hahahaha.

To answer your question. I dont think so but at least its an idea;)

monkey D luffy
December 31, 2008, 12:29 PM
well i doubt it myself but with oda's wecky ideas it might be true (99.9999% it isnt).
and who are you calling an asshole?!?!?!?! ill kick your ass! :XD:XD:XD:XD

ChristopherE
December 31, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm just going to add my 2 cents

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/321/16/

Aokiji is singing and saying "Sorry little bro."

So Oda likes drawing tall guys with afro that enjoy singing?

Akainu
December 31, 2008, 04:35 PM
if we just for a moment suppose they could be related we should consider how:
Brook is 88 years old and Aokiji about 50? so did Brook run away from the country he served as a guard or something leaving a pregnant wife just to become pirate?

Onomatopoeia
December 31, 2008, 06:06 PM
Brook is 88 years old and Aokiji about 50? so did Brook run away from the country he served as a guard or something leaving a pregnant wife just to become pirate?

Akainu brings up a good point, the age difference.

He would have had to be a pirate for less then a year for Aokiji(assuming 50) to be his son...

I also don't think Oda wants to tell kids that they should leave their pregnant wives behind to follow their dreams...

gfire2
December 31, 2008, 07:48 PM

nice find, but this theory is more plausible than the random things ppl bring up though

also don't think Oda wants to tell kids that they should leave their pregnant wives behind to follow their dreams...

becoming pirates and breaking into government jails is a good thing?

Onomatopoeia
December 31, 2008, 11:12 PM
becoming pirates and breaking into government jails is a good thing?

If it's one thousand times worse then any jail I know of and your trying to save your brother who hasn't done anything to warrent the torture then yeah probably.

And remember Peace Main Pirate.

Imitorar
December 31, 2008, 11:30 PM
Playing Devil's Advocate here, what about Yassop? Besides, "leaving your pregnant wife/infant son at home and coming back from a journey and not even knowing or recognizing him" is a pretty common plot device. The Bible (the end of Joshua) and the Odyssey come to mind here.

Akainu
January 01, 2009, 06:26 AM
so you agree that Brook could be Aokijis father and what's more it's an almost commonly used plot device. just to hold onto that :amuse
now then I guess you would also all agree, that it is not possible that Brook is Aokijis son or similar? but he could also just be an uncle, cousin or whatever?

btw.: Aokiji singing and the "father leaving wife with son in myth" scares me that Oda might really have that in mind <.<'

paradoxe
January 01, 2009, 10:34 AM
The bible sucks.

?
If it's one thousand times worse then any jail I know of and your trying to save your brother who hasn't done anything to warrent the torture then yeah probably.

Well we don't really know what Ace has done. He seems a nice guy, but he was with friends. We don't know how he acts to strangers.

Razh
January 01, 2009, 10:57 AM

If Aokiji asks to see a woman's panties, then I'll think you're on to something...

knivez
January 01, 2009, 01:01 PM
he was a perv right?

Imitorar
January 01, 2009, 02:59 PM
so you agree that Brook could be Aokijis father and what's more it's an almost commonly used plot device. just to hold onto that :amuse

Playing Devil's Advocate here...
Yeah, I still don't think he's Aokiji's father. It'd make Aokiji a bit older then I think would be appropriate, and it would be a pointless relationship to establish, and there's no indication except some common tropes and Oda's drawing tall, bespectacled, afro-bearing singers similarly. It would just be plain useless, not to mention a bit forced.

now then I guess you would also all agree, that it is not possible that Brook is Aokijis son or similar? but he could also just be an uncle, cousin or whatever?

Well Brook is certainly not Aokiji's descendant, he's 88 years old. And unless somebody proposes that Aokiji seems to have the same aging traits as Dr. Kureha (oh PLEASE, nobody theorize that they're related) then it's impossible. Could Aokiji be the descendant of a relative of Brook? There's nothing against it, but again, it seems a pointless relationship to establish. Though Oda being Oda, that sort of thing could actually be used to great comic effect, so maybe he WILL do it, just for laughs. It's hard to tell with Oda whether or not he'll do something silly just for comedy.

btw.: Aokiji singing and the "father leaving wife with son in myth" scares me that Oda might really have that in mind <.<'
Nah, it's too pointless a relationship for Oda to bother establishing. Then again, if Brook ever meets Aokiji and they figure out that they are in fact related, I'm gonna feel rather silly for objecting to it this vehemently. There's no proof for it, but there's no proof against it, except for plain old common sense. But we know how this series feels about issues like that, right?
(http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/235/08/)[hr]

he was a perv right?
Well, yes, he was (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/05/). But so are a lot of characters, that's not necessarily a trait that implies a family relationship.

kkck
January 01, 2009, 04:29 PM

He would have had to be a pirate for less then a year for Aokiji(assuming 50) to be his son...

I also don't think Oda wants to tell kids that they should leave their pregnant wives behind to follow their dreams...

Yet ussop was abandoned by his dad lol (IDK if he wasnt borned when that happened though).
I dont think oda is trying to give any particular message through his manga. I believe that this manga is meant stricly to entertain readers which gives oda sensei the liberty to use almost anything he wants in his story. It is sort of like the simpsons situation, they are not meant to be educational on any level meaning that having a fat drunk bastard with not moral as a main character and more adult unfavorable situations is perfectly ok.

Tru_TO
January 27, 2009, 02:17 AM
They look the same, some pplz that met Luffy comments him being like Roger and they both have the "Will of D" So you think that they are somehow related?

ofir271
January 27, 2009, 11:34 AM
my guess is that they have a hidden conection we dont know about yet.i dont think they are blood related its more of a mystical connection.
it will probably have somthing to do with the missing century and some kind of a hidden profeccy in one of the polygraph but its really is a wild guess.

c0nflikt
January 27, 2009, 02:15 PM
I think we will find all of the "Ds" have a mystical legendary haki like luffy's sovereign haki.

Imitorar
January 28, 2009, 08:27 PM
I once thought that Roger was Luffy's father That was before I knew that A. Roger died 22 years ago and Luffy is 17 at the current point in the story and B. Luffy's grandfather was Garp and his father was Dragon.

But as of now, I think that there is no relationship. People suspect that all of the "D."'s are related, that they were the ruling family of the ancient kingdom, but due to the fact that there are "D"'s of other species, and the fact that monarchy has an authoritarian connotation that tends to get cast as bad in One Piece (though I live in America, and Americans have been known to have issues with monarchs) I currently believe that the "D."'s were all members of a ruling COUNCIL of the ancient kingdom. Therefore, there would be no familial relationship between all "D."'s, so Roger and Luffy would be descended from different council members, hence the different surnames.

I mean, it's impossible that he was Luffy's father or grandfather. He was dead too long ago to be even Ace's father, and it's been confirmed that he isn't. Besides, with Luffy's forbears covered back that many generations, odds are that he isn't a cousin of some sort. Garp would probably know if he was, and the World Government would probably be MUCH less tolerant of Garp if he were at all related to the Pirate King. People like to stamp out the families of their enemies completely. And also, I think it would be more meaningful if Roger and Luffy were related by ideology rather than by blood, but that's a personal preference, not based so much on the facts of the series, except for the fact that people comment on Luffy's personality being like Roger's not his looks, which could be reading too much into that, and Luffy's parentage being accounted for already. To my mind, the only way that Luffy and Roger could be related is if the "D."'s are all related, and as I said above, I don't believe that that's true.

bittman
January 29, 2009, 12:25 AM
Haha, I was just reading through Imitorar's post and I suddenly had a strange thought. "I wonder if Gol D. Roger actually has a family that will appear in One Piece?" And then, for some strange reason Robin's face popped to mind.

I could make a complete argument about it off completely circumstantial evidence, but I'll just leave it tinkering in my mind as one of those faint "If I was writing this and I wanted to mess with the readers, I would _______" quirks I get occasionally.

On topic: everything Imitorar said and I'm kind of in the crowd that believes the D is an inheritance of the lost kingdom. However, that alone doesn't make them related. I live in Australia and I'm pretty sure I'm not related to any of my friends unless I trace back to our days as monkeys (or Adam and Eve, whatever).

So no, though I believe they may have a history in the same place, I don't think they're at all related.

Imitorar
January 29, 2009, 12:44 AM
Haha, I was just reading through Imitorar's post and I suddenly had a strange thought. "I wonder if Gol D. Roger actually has a family that will appear in One Piece?" And then, for some strange reason Robin's face popped to mind.

I could make a complete argument about it off completely circumstantial evidence, but I'll just leave it tinkering in my mind as one of those faint "If I was writing this and I wanted to mess with the readers, I would _______" quirks I get occasionally.

On topic: everything Imitorar said and I'm kind of in the crowd that believes the D is an inheritance of the lost kingdom. However, that alone doesn't make them related. I live in Australia and I'm pretty sure I'm not related to any of my friends unless I trace back to our days as monkeys (or Adam and Eve, whatever).

So no, though I believe they may have a history in the same place, I don't think they're at all related.

Roger's voyage around the world started 26 years ago (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/506/11/). Olvia left Ohara 26 years ago (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/393/09/). Unless you say that Olvia made a previous voyage with Roger 29 years ago on which Robin was conceived, it's impossible. I doubt she was with Roger then, she'd probably have been researching and preparing for her voyage. And Roger was probably off sailing the Grand Line and adventuring, or at least sailing around gathering up a crew and supplies for his journey. He probably WASN'T going to academic islands and having sex with archaeologists.

Besides, Roger couldn't read Poneglyphs (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/06/), and that's the only reason that people suspect a familial link between him and Robin, the fact that both were involved with Poneglyphs, only Roger couldn't really read them, and had no real connection to Ohara, and just never would have really had an opportunity to conceive Robin. Also, Olvia had a husband (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/393/14/), who seems to have also been an archaeologist, but who died before the voyage. So odds are that HE was Robin's father. And odds are also that he WASN'T Roger, because if Olvia and Roger were married, she'd probably have gone with him, and Roger couldn't read Poneglyphs anyway, so why would he have been an archaeologist on Ohara with a wish to uncover the events of the Void Century? Despite the shared ability to understand (note: I did NOT say read) Poneglyphs, it isn't really logical to say that Robin and Roger are related.

bittman
January 29, 2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah nice point, I almost had a good argument response to you but one fact blew it out of the water:

"We'll take care of your husband's unfulfilled wish"

I just deleted a fair bit of text, ah well. Guess I'll go back to my theory of Dragon being everyone's dad because, funnily enough, none of the Strawhat's have a dad and Dragon seems pimp enough...except Chopper of course...well, I HOPE "except Chopper of course". (yes this is a crazy theory, come on Imitorar, do your worst =P )

I would LOVE to, just for fun, but I also wanna steer this back on-topic before we derail it further. To the Mega Convo, yes?

Razh
January 29, 2009, 06:34 AM
Besides, Roger couldn't read Poneglyphs (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/06/), and that's the only reason that people suspect a familial link between him and Robin, the fact that both were involved with Poneglyphs, only Roger couldn't really read them, and had no real connection to Ohara, and just never would have really had an opportunity to conceive Robin.

I agree that Roger has no connection to Robin.
But I disagree that he couldn't read poneglyphs. Rayleigh says that they didn't decipher them, that's all. And the inscription on the bell on Skypiea clearly shows that Roger could read Poneglyphs good enough to write a nice sentence using them.
How did he do that if he didn't decipher them? Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe Roger had some unknown ability. Whether it is some DF or Haki, who knows. I won't discard anything in a manga that has a man repelling physical condition and injuries from a person.

Imitorar
January 30, 2009, 01:23 PM
I agree that Roger has no connection to Robin.
But I disagree that he couldn't read poneglyphs. Rayleigh says that they didn't decipher them, that's all. And the inscription on the bell on Skypiea clearly shows that Roger could read Poneglyphs good enough to write a nice sentence using them.
How did he do that if he didn't decipher them? Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe Roger had some unknown ability. Whether it is some DF or Haki, who knows. I won't discard anything in a manga that has a man repelling physical condition and injuries from a person.
He... did. That's what Rayleigh said on the next page (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/07/). But either way, he only could decipher Poneglyphs because he could "hear the voice of all things", whatever that means. I'm almost sure we'll know by the end of the series once the Rio Poneglyph is found and Roger's connectiona and involvement with the Poneglyphs is revealed. But even as things stand now, we know for sure that he couldn't read them (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/onepiece/chapter507.txt). So in addition to any other reasons why Roger couldn't be related to Robin, there's the fact that the "Poneglyph connection proof" hinges on a connection that isn't actually there.

Though this thread is actually about Roger being related to Luffy, the Roger and Robin bit was just a detour on a theory bittman made and my response. In the future, we should all keep this thread focused on Roger and Luffy, and leave Roger and Robin the Mega Convo.

Razh
January 30, 2009, 04:43 PM
I suppose this translation is the correct one? Another one says that he couldn't decipher them.

But whether he could read them or hear them is semantics. He could obviously understand them and write decent sentences with them. If he could have done it on Skypiea then he could have done it anywhere else, which he probably did, if they discovered the real history.
So, why is it even debated whether he could read (understand) it or not?

I'll repeat that I never thought for even a second that Roger and Robin were related.

Now, here's my take on the connection between Luffy and Roger. I think Roger is his uncle, that is, Garp's brother. I don't think their resemblance is an accident.
It's not so weird to look more like your uncle than like your father. In fact, a lot of my relatives always commented my resemblance to one of my uncles.
It's not much of an argument, I know, but I just thought I'd throw it out.

Someone could say that it would have probably been mentioned by now. But there are a lot of things that weren't exactly mentioned right away, and there are some pretty basic things that we still don't know about. Like where's Luffy's mom? What does she do?
So, I don't think that it's so big of a stretch that Roger and Garp were brothers.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2009, 05:13 PM
Now, here's my take on the connection between Luffy and Roger. I think Roger is his uncle, that is, Garp's brother. I don't think their resemblance is an accident.
It's not so weird to look more like your uncle than like your father. In fact, a lot of my relatives always commented my resemblance to one of my uncles.
It's not much of an argument, I know, but I just thought I'd throw it out.

Someone could say that it would have probably been mentioned by now. But there are a lot of things that weren't exactly mentioned right away, and there are some pretty basic things that we still don't know about. Like where's Luffy's mom? What does she do?
So, I don't think that it's so big of a stretch that Roger and Garp were brothers.

I personally do not believe Luffy will likely turn out to be blood-related to Roger (for the reasons Imitorar already mentioned here—

I once thought that Roger was Luffy's father That was before I knew that A. Roger died 22 years ago and Luffy is 17 at the current point in the story and B. Luffy's grandfather was Garp and his father was Dragon.

But as of now, I think that there is no relationship. People suspect that all of the "D."'s are related, that they were the ruling family of the ancient kingdom, but due to the fact that there are "D"'s of other species, and the fact that monarchy has an authoritarian connotation that tends to get cast as bad in One Piece (though I live in America, and Americans have been known to have issues with monarchs) I currently believe that the "D."'s were all members of a ruling COUNCIL of the ancient kingdom. Therefore, there would be no familial relationship between all "D."'s, so Roger and Luffy would be descended from different council members, hence the different surnames.

I mean, it's impossible that he was Luffy's father or grandfather. He was dead too long ago to be even Ace's father, and it's been confirmed that he isn't. Besides, with Luffy's forbears covered back that many generations, odds are that he isn't a cousin of some sort. Garp would probably know if he was, and the World Government would probably be MUCH less tolerant of Garp if he were at all related to the Pirate King. People like to stamp out the families of their enemies completely. And also, I think it would be more meaningful if Roger and Luffy were related by ideology rather than by blood, but that's a personal preference, not based so much on the facts of the series, except for the fact that people comment on Luffy's personality being like Roger's not his looks, which could be reading too much into that, and Luffy's parentage being accounted for already. To my mind, the only way that Luffy and Roger could be related is if the "D."'s are all related, and as I said above, I don't believe that that's true.

— and simply because it seems rather cliché to me, which Oda does not seem to be to me), but if he were to be related to Roger, the most reasonable (i.e., believably possible) way for him to be related would be through Luffy's mother. She is the main missing piece in our knowledge of Luffy's family, and through her Oda has lots of possible avenues, including even making Roger a relative.

If Gol D. Roger just happened to be Garp's brother, then I think the Navy would have made a big deal about it, big enough that it would have had been at least hinted at by now. Since Garp seems to be fairly open about admitting his other criminal relatives (Luffy, Ace, Dragon), I don't think Garp would be keeping this a secret. Plus, if it were already public knowledge, I don't think Garp would be considered much of a hero of the military for just chasing his famous pirate brother.

Razh
January 30, 2009, 06:35 PM
If Gol D. Roger just happened to be Garp's brother, then I think the Navy would have made a big deal about it, big enough that it would have had been at least hinted at by now. Since Garp seems to be fairly open about admitting his other criminal relatives (Luffy, Ace, Dragon), I don't think Garp would be keeping this a secret. Plus, if it were already public knowledge, I don't think Garp would be considered much of a hero of the military for just chasing his famous pirate brother.

Oda has managed to keep quite a few things from us for a long time.

Garp is still considered hero even when his own son is the world's most wanted criminal and his both grandsons are notorious pirates.
And maybe it isn't a public knowledge at all. I mean, either they are not brothers, or their family relation isn't a public knowledge.

I know, both options have some sense in them. But I don't think the resemblance between Luffy and Roger is a pure coincidence

Tsukisama
January 30, 2009, 07:07 PM
Oda has managed to keep quite a few things from us for a long time.

Garp is still considered hero even when his own son is the world's most wanted criminal and his both grandsons are notorious pirates.
And maybe it isn't a public knowledge at all. I mean, either they are not brothers, or their family relation isn't a public knowledge.

I know, both options have some sense in them. But I don't think the resemblance between Luffy and Roger is a pure coincidence

I was saying that if Roger is related to Luffy, it is more likely that he is related through Luffy's mother than through Luffy's father. So, while you are arguing that there is a resemblance between Roger and Luffy that is not just coincidental, I do not understand why you are so adamant that Roger also be related to Garp. Is it because of the "D," or do you see some resemblance between Garp and Roger? (I'm not trying to be mean or critical, just curious.)

Also, concerning Garp's status as a hero, it came before Ace and Luffy's time, as he gained it by chasing Roger. (I doubt that Dragon was as infamous as he is now back during Roger's time, but I don't know that for sure; so he could have been, but the point is he didn't have these things while he was building his reputation and because of his great fame in his dealings with Roger, he hasn't been used as a scapegoat by the WG for his family's crimes.)

Razh
January 30, 2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I forgot to say. I just think that chances are slim that Ace and Luffy's mother is also a D.
There's no special reason for that. I'm not dismissing the possibility either.

Still, having a daughter in law who is a daughter of the Pirate King would still be enough to diminish Garp's heroism, if it were a public knowledge.

Aside from that, if Ace and Luffy's mother is Roger's daughter, she could have ended up hating Garp. Hell, it could be the reason why Dragon and her were separated. Luffy never mentioned his mother. Almost like he never knew her.
Now, I'm just brainstorming here. Maybe she had to escape from Marines, and had no choice but to leave her children to Garp.
If she is indeed Dadan, like some people have alluded, than the mayor's words would make sense. She doesn't live there any more. That's why mayor wondered if Dadan knew about Luffy's "adventures".

Just keep in mind that it's only a speculation. I don't really buy it completely either.

Tsukisama
January 30, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I forgot to say. I just think that chances are slim that Ace and Luffy's mother is also a D.
There's no special reason for that. I'm not dismissing the possibility either.

I see. Thank you for explaining that. :hbunny

Still, having a daughter in law who is a daughter of the Pirate King would still be enough to diminish Garp's heroism, if it were a public knowledge.

Well, that is assuming Dragon was married to Luffy's (and possibly Ace's) mother. For some reason, I have also imagined Dragon not being married to Luffy's mother, that he would have had a relationship with her some time in the past but nothing formal like marriage. Not being married seems like a more roguish thing to do. :amuse

Also, it is entirely possible that Garp did not know Luffy's mother's past. All he might have known about her was that she had some relationship with Dragon and produced a child (possibly children if she's Ace's mother too). If he did know her past but Dragon and she were not married, then Garp may have just neglected to mention anything about it, since she really does not have any connection to him in that case.

Aside from that, if Ace and Luffy's mother is Roger's daughter, she could have ended up hating Garp. Hell, it could be the reason why Dragon and her were separated. Luffy never mentioned his mother. Almost like he never knew her.
Now, I'm just brainstorming here. Maybe she had to escape from Marines, and had no choice but to leave her children to Garp.
If she is indeed Dadan, like some people have alluded, than the mayor's words would make sense. She doesn't live there any more. That's why mayor wondered if Dadan knew about Luffy's "adventures".

Just keep in mind that it's only a speculation. I don't really buy it completely either.

I would honestly prefer if there really were drama like that concerning Luffy's mother, Dragon, and Garp.

What is known about Dadan to me does not necessarily mean that Dadan (should she really be Luffy's mother) necessarily raised Luffy actually together with Garp. For example (going with the idea that Dadan is Luffy' mother for the sake of this example), Dadan could have been with Luffy for his birth and perhaps some early years and then left him with Garp for some reason. [I am not saying that you, Razh, were saying something contrary to what I have written in this paragraph, but I just felt like voicing an opinion on that.]

Razh
January 31, 2009, 07:17 AM
I would honestly prefer if there really were drama like that concerning Luffy's mother, Dragon, and Garp.

What is known about Dadan to me does not necessarily mean that Dadan (should she really be Luffy's mother) necessarily raised Luffy actually together with Garp. For example (going with the idea that Dadan is Luffy' mother for the sake of this example), Dadan could have been with Luffy for his birth and perhaps some early years and then left him with Garp for some reason. [I am not saying that you, Razh, were saying something contrary to what I have written in this paragraph, but I just felt like voicing an opinion on that.]

Yeah, my thoughts are the same on that. Going with the idea that Dadan is indeed the mother, then she had to at least live in Fuschia for some time for mayor to know her.

Damn, I can't wait to find out.

kkck
February 08, 2009, 01:35 AM
This might be a little off but are we sure Dadan is a woman? SOmetimes japannese names confuse me in that particular aspect lol.

shinsengumi
February 08, 2009, 02:51 AM
does anybody think that Dragon can be actually Gold D. Roger?i'm new to O.P and i read all 531 chaps in ten days.it was an overload of info so i might be missing a huge point but after i read it all,i feel like this might be true.
After finding out the ancient history maybe he decided to end the world government.somehow at the execution he tricked everyone as him being dead and left the name Gold D. Roger behind, then began a new life as a criminal.
what he told to rayleight that "i won't die partner".first thing coming to mind is he referred to his name and will that will live forever but maybe it was the tiny miny hint for us.maybe rayleight knows the truth but he can't tell anyone,that's why he says Roger is dead.it's also true in a sense,that name is dead,now is Dragon goes on.
what makes me feel like this;
Dragon is the criminal who fights the government.Why does he do that?just to shake the authority with a simple criminal's mind or he actually knows the awful truth behind the scene?i take the second one as basics and then i wonder how did he learn that?as far as we know the only people learned about the missing history are Gold Roger and his crew!!
another thing Dragon said "this world's stability must be questioned"
and the things Roger said during the execution.he called every person to search for his treasure.he basicly invited everyone to become a pirate--->which considerably shakes the world's stability---->starts the pirate era---->threatens the world's government

i know that this is a huge assumption without any real proof but after reading what i said,does anybody see it possible?or i would also appreciate if someone shakes my logic with the truths i'm missing.

and by the way,for the topic,i believe Gold D. Roger might me Dragon himself so it means he might be Luffy's father

Razh
February 08, 2009, 05:18 AM
This might be a little off but are we sure Dadan is a woman?

Who said that we are sure? We were just theorizing going with the idea that Dadan is a woman, anf Luffy's mom at that.

Personally, I think she is. Because mayor of Fuchsia wondered if Dadan knew about Luffy's bounty. Who else beside a family member or someone close would give a shit?

And no, I don't think Roger is dragon, since he looks too young to be him. Roger would look more or less Garp or Rayleigh now. Gray hair and all.

Both Dragon's appearance now and on the picture from Vivi's flashback shows that he's much too young.

And it would suck.

So, what are your thoughts about the age difference? And please, no elixirs of youth...

bittman
February 08, 2009, 07:40 PM
Well unless Roger forgot to age and changed personalities from a romanticist to a rebel over 22 years, I doubt it.

And by doubt it, I mean definitely not. You think Garp might know if his own son was Roger right? Given Garp doesn't know how to keep a secret to save his life, I don't think he's exactly walking around with that as a secret.

Also, if Roger was alive it might slightly ruin the pirate era.