PDA

View Full Version : Review Pat's Naruto Review 399

patedecarne
May 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yo, my dear friends! Here I come with one more Naruto review, after a hiatus from 2 weeks; I wasn’t able to bring it before because things get really hard in my job, but here is the review!

The scanlation Used is from Binktopia

Naruto 399

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto3991.jpg
True rivals, true enemies, true ninjas…

And so, the flashback continues; The chapter begins with a closed picture with Senju Hashirama and Uchiha Madara, where we can see a great rivalry between Uchihas and Senjus clans, and we can imply that they were the strongest in their time. Hashirama was a powerful ninja, feared by everyone, and the only one who could match him was Madara. Again, Kishimoto was brilhant to show us how is the world of Naruto: He’s taking perfectly the feeling of strategy, its foundations and motivations, and placing all these things together in the ninja world; When we think about this kind of world, war and strategy probably are the main aspects to analysed, exemplified by the fact that if one country hires Uchiha, a enemy from this country would hire Senju; In the turmoil of the war, the only thing that matters is being the winner, and these clans are the main chess pieces to reach such goal, and so, more power was needed. Unfortunately, that’s how the ninja world works, a single nin is nothing more than a dog or a war tool; in some cases these ninjas doesn’t even have a own life to live, and Kishimoto is being able to show us these things in a great way; One thing that could be a little confusing here is the statement that Tobi didn’t killed his brother to take his eyes, but instead his brother offered his eyes in order to Madara become stronger: From what I could understand, Tobi, seeing Itachi as his enemy, only told convenient things to Itachi, because now, I’m really believing that Tobi is saying only the truth to Sasuke; and one more thing that will support my thoughts is the need for power: I’m sure Madara’s brother was aware from his brother’s powers and also had a great loyalty by the clan, and if by chance the Senju clan came to surpass the Uchiha clan, this would be a huge humiliation to everyone, so, to keep the clan in the top, I’m sure that Madara’s brother would give his eyes to leader, if with this Madara’s powers could get a little stronger. Another thing I really liked here is Tobi being like a true ninja: he doesn’t wanted fame, but all the time he was just trying to protect his clan. Everything he done was just for the Uchiha’s sake, and when a truce was given, I’m sure that Madara thought that all of his actions were for nothing; in a sense, we can say that Madara was betrayed by his clan; Even a leader cannot do much thing if his subordinates doesn’t agree with him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto3992.jpg
I cannot believe that everything was settled with only this

Even with the truce, Madara still couldn’t trust in the Senju clan; To Madara, in some time on future, the Senjus would try to destroy the Uchihas, and when one come to think carefully about it, there’s some truth behind such truces: the two more powerful clans cannot share the throne. When we speak about war, truces in the majority of the time are just “excuses” to hide the fear for the others part. One part won’t attack the other part, but still there’s a fear that the other part some day come to try to take to power to itself alone, mainly in ninja world. But for the time being, aside these secret things, an alliance was formed, and then Konoha was created. I’m truly happy that finally the origin was explained: Even if in the past we knew some facts about its creation, now Kishimoto settled all the remains doubts. A village born from the alliance of two powerful clans, certain interesting, and we also could see why Konoha is important to ninja world, given the fact that Konoha became an example to others countries; somehow, this alliance changed the world to a better place. When Kishimoto wrote about Konoha’s origins, he did it in a simple, but yet efficient way: Nothing like complicated plot story, where sometimes the readers get confused, but he gave us a solid and good plot; In the last chapter, the explanation for this was what really worried me, but I’m really glad to see such explanations now! The militarism around the creation is really great, and I, as a fan of these things(militarism, strategy), couldn’t expect nothing better here!And now, at this point in the chapter, I’ll say that I never saw a villain to be developed so deeply well like Tobi; I don’t know exactly what are his objectives, but if someone who never readed Naruto take this chapter as the first chapter, I’m sure this person would say that Tobi isn’t a bad guy; To tell the truth, Tobi is almost convincing me that he isn’t a villain; when he’s speaking about the stories of Uchihas, about the sacrifices in the past, and mainly by his comments where he said that a man cannot hurt a brother and his only objective is to protect Uchihas; And with such desire in the heart, he challenged Hashirama for the Hokage title, even without any support of his clan. And with that, the peace was gone…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto3993.jpg
There’s no words to explain this masterpiece

What a wonderful picture for two monsters fighting each other, Hashirama and Madara; After seeing this picture, at least to me, there aren’t any more doubts: Hashirama was the greatest ninja in Narutoverse: to fight at the same time against Madara, who has Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and against Kyuubi, and still be the winner, there’s no words to explain his power(Poor Kakuzu, he must be defeated even before he noticed!).
But one thing still isn’t clear to us: How exactly did Madara survived all this time? Of course it wasn’t by natural means, in the present he must have about 100 years old. And I am afraid that Kishimoto won’t explain this little issue to us, because he’s explaining all the past things in these chapters, and I really doubt that he’ll return to past once he reach the present in the explanation, unless his survival has anything to do with a new body or a new host, but in this case, we’ll have to wait for further information.
And again, after this incident, we can see another great use of strategy: to prevent more incidents, a special post was assigned to Uchihas: the police department. By doing this, The Uchihas wouldn’t try anything stupid, given the fact that police members are important peoples in any country or city, at the same time they would be under surveillance. It’s important to notice that Madara’s predictions were right, because the Uchihas were dominated by the Senjus. But and about Sasuke? Some points to add here: Sasuke’s behavior changed drastically since the last chapter: now Sasuke is quietly hearing all the explanations. Yes, Tobi said that Sasuke must listen everything, but I have the feeling that Sasuke is changing his thoughts about Tobi, Maybe in reality, Sasuke is believing in Tobi, given the fact that he didn’t show any explosive reactions to some explanations, and not only that, but seems that he also wants to keep hearing the story. Whether Tobi is lying or not to Sasuke, I think that now, he’s gaining Sasuke’s trust. And returning to the explanation, The incident with Kyuubi 16 years ago was mentioned, but now, from a different perspective...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto3994.jpg
That’s what I call bad luck…

Tobi then explains to Sasuke that the incident with kyuubi was like a nemesis to his clan, they were framed by something they didn’t, because the appearance of Kyuubi was just a natural disaster! Another confusing part here, because since that Jiraya mentioned that Madara once summoned Kyuubi, so many people started to believe that Madara was responsible for the incident 16 years ago; Like I said before, I don’t think that Tobi is lying to Sasuke, because wouldn’t do any sense such lies in this point; if Madara was really the one who summoned Kyuubi, then he was the indirect responsible for the destiny of Uchihas, and so his plans toward Sasuke would become more difficult to be accomplished. But in the other side, what a great coincidence to be a natural disaster, huh? I really hope that Kishimoto give us some clarifications about it; and such coincidence was the worst thing to Uchihas, because in that day, they were taken as guinea pigs; Konoha blamed them for the Kyuubi’s attack even without solid proofs, and so the Uchihas become something like public enemies inside Konoha; Of course that such dramatic actions would have bad results: the hate would increase among the people inside the clan, and also the fear; We also could see Sarutobi sensei as a good person, because he didn’t discriminated the clan; Sarutobi was really a perfect example to be followed by the others two council and Danzou. Should they followed Sarutobi in this issue, so many conflicts and battles could be avoided. Among the 4 greatest in Konoha, Sarutobi was the only one with different methods and thoughts; From what we saw, clearly the two council are supporting Danzou’s ideas, then if we use logic here, Danzou was the most obvious choice to be a Hokage. Maybe Sarutobi being a Hokage could be a direct result of his relashionship with Shodaime and Nidaime, because his soft ideas seems not to be welcome to some high people in Konoha; Another interesting point here is about the coup d’etat: As stated above, when the hate and anger are used, rebellions are almost certain, and the coup d’etat only didn’t worked due to one person: Uchiha Itachi. I’m sure we’ll know all the details in the next week, but from the last lines on the chapter, seems that Itachi was forced to be a spy; And being a ninja, there’s nothing to do about it…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto3995.jpg
Just one question: Why my brother?

***Key Points***

Madara doesn’t like a villain
Kyuubi’s attack was just a natural disaster

Summary

Another great chapter: These flashbacks are really explaining everything until now! Like I said before, Kishimoto is writing solid and reliable explanations about everything and the only thing that still could be a problem is how Madara survived. The plot progression is a little slow, but its really necessary to explain all the past in order to understand the present, and Madara, whether villain or not, is brilliant explaining the past and even his own past and add to this his development; I’m expecting some surprise in the next chapter, but for now, all the explanations are making sense, which is enough right now!
Then, guys, until next week!

True Blade
May 10, 2008, 09:46 PM
Oh hai I'm Sasuke I feel betrayed by Konoha now that I know the truth about my clan's past! I'm pretty much a monumentally powerful ninja!
I'm Naruto I wanna be the leader of Konoha, the Hokage! I'll defend it from anyone who dares think badly of it!

This flashback could end up being a foreshadow. I have to agree with you on Madara though, "there is no good or bad, only perspective and opinion", to him he is a victim, while to others he is pure evil. Two sides of the same coin!

The_Drunk
May 10, 2008, 11:50 PM
I don't believe that the 9 tails was a natural disaster especially if Madara could summon him. They even show you a picture were Madara is using the 9 tail fox to fight Hashirama. What gets me is that the Senju clan could actually counter the effects of the Sharingan... Thats very important because if the Senju clan can do it... so can Naruto... Now that I think about it J-man might have been capable of countering Itachi's jutsu's... Well atleast it seemed that way after they got scared when J-man showed up and took off in a hurry... I'm sure that Madara is bending the truth so that Sauske will join them... To be honest with ya'll I don't think Sauske is the type to follow anyone especially someone he just met... We know that Sauske is top of his class and a genius... So he plans for everything and picks up on the little things that the most of us overlook... So hopefully Sauske lives up to his past and continues his path in destroying Madara.... He might agree with Madara, but will plan accordingly to take him out...

mugen
May 11, 2008, 12:27 AM
well if anyone cares on my opinion...isn't it a bit odd...that Itachi said, Madara was the one responsible for the attack 16 years ago...yet Madara is saying that it was natural disaster ??? hmm perhaps the advisers just told Itachi or rather brainwashed him...it seems as if those higher ups are conspiring something.

KnuckleheadedNinja
May 11, 2008, 01:45 AM
well if anyone cares on my opinion...isn't it a bit odd...that Itachi said, Madara was the one responsible for the attack 16 years ago...yet Madara is saying that it was natural disaster ??? hmm perhaps the advisers just told Itachi or rather brainwashed him...it seems as if those higher ups are conspiring something.

i believe that bloodly bastard madara is lying.

mestizo311
May 11, 2008, 04:57 AM

I'm not buying into the whole natural disaster thing. Madara is obviously lying to Sasuke in order to use his power in his future plans. Of course Sasuke will buy into it because he's pathetic.

mugen
May 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
its not like ...those advisers and danzou haven't been trying to back stab Tsunade..so yeah, think about that . I mean they obviously want something ....seeing as tehy tried to shut Tsunade up.

patedecarne
May 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
Yes, the council and Danzou could be planning something, until now, seems that the council is supporting Danzou and not Tsunade; This is a very serious thing, because a Hokage hasn't any support from the most powerful people on Konoha;

Some possibility (even if I really don't buy it) is that Madara and the councils are together is something, and maybe their true goal is bring Sasuke as new leader of Konoha; Even if Danzou in the past tried to kill Sasuke, now he coul have changed his opinion about him;

CupofDice
May 11, 2008, 02:39 PM
Great review. Especially about that part with Madara lying to Itachi about his past. Since Madara said that Itachi wanted to protect his little brother above all, I doubt that Itachi wanted to take Sasuke's eyes, so why edge him on for all those years. Maybe Itachi's goal all along was to make Sasuke stronger. Think of it like this. If Itachi wants Madara dead, then either him or Sasuke would be best to do it. So maybe Itachi was willing to kill Sasuke if he wasn't strong enough to defeat Itachi, and therefore kill Madara.

About Madara, I think he did summon the Kyuubi. If you think about it Itachi didn't tell Sasuke anything about the Kyuubi attacking Konoha, so Madara could easily lie about that. Aloe Vera was there for a reason, and Madara probably went over everything they talked about. Plus there is Jiraiya's suspicions about why Minato divided up the Kyuubi's chakra. Too bad we probably won't be getting any Minato information for a while.

brolylss
May 12, 2008, 07:42 PM
Oh hai I'm Sasuke I feel betrayed by Konoha now that I know the truth about my clan's past! I'm pretty much a monumentally powerful ninja!
I'm Naruto I wanna be the leader of Konoha, the Hokage! I'll defend it from anyone who dares think badly of it!

ok..that was very funny :D, you simplified the chapter & the story so far in a sense of humor, I'm lookin' forward to your further posts.

ryan_ibrani
May 13, 2008, 12:08 AM
madara explanation of kyuubi incident VS Jiraiya thinking that Madara summoned him = same with 2 sides of a coin
the same thing happened (kyuubi) but the white side and the black side see it differently and trying to influence new follower in their own words and side of story.

3 of most intelligent shinobi we learn so far is Shika, Kakashi and Sasuke
i believe Sasuke will test any information given to him with proof, second opinion.

also this chapter confirm the assumption that Itachi is Jiraiya spy.
question: why would the strongest Uchiha betray its own clan? whose principle did he uphold? why he mention Madara is the one who helped him? and why in the beginning Madara confirmed that he helped Itachi massacre the whole clan.
and the last question, why was shisui murdered?

so many questions, maybe after this akatsuki arc, we will see how root, anbu will plan a new Konoha vs Hokage and other naruto team

Kataseh
May 13, 2008, 01:47 AM
Well, I've been thinking about this and i came to the conclution that maybe the Senju Clan summoned the Kyubii to use it as an excuse to obliterate the Uchiha clan.

It is not an impossible idea... I mean, i they were the strongest clan, and were already under surveillance - because of ther Kyubi Controlling Abilities - it would be convenient for them to remove any future obstacle blaming the innocent and staining their reputation.

Uchihas were strong, and at that time the first hokage was the only one that could manipulate the wood element... but with time, there could arise a lot of Eternal Mangekyo Uchiha's...

So the best time to eliminate their strongest competition was then.. when the only true warrior was Madara.

Also, if the first had the power to control the Kyubi and supress the chakra, it is possible that He summoned the kyubi, and wanted to manipulate it to eliminate the Uchiha... then by any reason Madara interviened and got a hold of the Kyubi and started fighting against the first.

what do you all think????

Jenny_Bird
May 13, 2008, 07:00 AM
Well, I've been thinking about this and i came to the conclution that maybe the Senju Clan summoned the Kyubii to use it as an excuse to obliterate the Uchiha clan.

It is not an impossible idea... I mean, i they were the strongest clan, and were already under surveillance - because of ther Kyubi Controlling Abilities - it would be convenient for them to remove any future obstacle blaming the innocent and staining their reputation.

Uchihas were strong, and at that time the first hokage was the only one that could manipulate the wood element... but with time, there could arise a lot of Eternal Mangekyo Uchiha's...

So the best time to eliminate their strongest competition was then.. when the only true warrior was Madara.

Also, if the first had the power to control the Kyubi and supress the chakra, it is possible that He summoned the kyubi, and wanted to manipulate it to eliminate the Uchiha... then by any reason Madara interviened and got a hold of the Kyubi and started fighting against the first.

what do you all think????

I dont think Seju was the type of clan that would manipulate such situation just to kill Uchiha. I dont even think they wanted them dead.

It seems to me that Madara is lying to bring Sasuke to his side, it's gonna be very sad if Sasuke becomes a new Aka

patedecarne
May 13, 2008, 07:36 AM
@CupOfDice
To me, your statement is the most intriguing until now: Like You, I cannot understand exactly why Itachi and Sasuke fought that way: That battle was a extreme fight, And Itachi using even Amaterasu and tsukiyomi means that he was really serious in the fight; but there's no logical explanation to use such skills if his true goal was to protect his brother; And I agree with you that maybe Itachi just wanted to test Sasuke's powers, but in that case, it was a bad move by Itachi, knowing that probably Madara was waiting to end of the fight to take Sasuke, and still he had weakened badly his brother in the fight, making Sasuke a easy prey To Madara;

@brolylss
Yes, in a sense we can say that Madara and Hashirama are almost the same as Naruto and Sasuke; the difference I can see here is that Hashirama already was a leader by the time Madara challenged him in the fight for Hokage title, and I don't believe that Sasuke really wants to be a Hokage by his own will, at least for now;

@ryan_ibrany
Itachi betraying his own clan is probably the fact that he's a ninja, and like a one, he'll do everything ordered to him; but if this is his thought, then I can see some inconsistencies here: Usually, a ninja's loyalty is given to his own clan, but he killed innocent people, because children are innocent people, form his clan, and I cannot see any reasons to kill his parents, nothing oculd be more important than his father and mother; I'm still believing that Konoha elders used something else to convince Itachi. And When we think in Madara helping him, somehow we can imply that Madara indirectly helped Konoha! At this point, it's impossible to predict his true goals, is he helping Danzou and the others elders or trying to destroy Konoha? I'm thinking in a third one, where he'll try to control Konoha by himself with Sasuke's help;

@Kataseh
First, Welcome to MangaHelpers, Kataseh, and I hope that you can enjoy this wonderful site!
But yes, I can see a great logic in your statements: Like you said, a great number of EMS would be so problematic to Senjus, given the fact that Only Hashirama could use wood element; Hashirama vs one EMS: yes, he could handle it, but against many EMS? Certain his clan would be in a dangerous position here, and to prevent such thing, any way to wipe out the Uchihas would be convenient;
After all, we're speaking about a ninja world, and just like I said in the review, anything is valid to be in the top!

@Jenny_Bird
Seeing how is your first post here, welcome to MH and I really hope that you like here, and please have fun!
Yes, I'm almost certain that Madara is trying to bring Sasuke to his side, and like you said, would be so sad, look: Sasuke spent a majority of his life just trying to become stronger to avenge his clan, but now, Madara somehow is manipulating him and much probably, Sasuke will become a bad person, wanting revenge against Konoha, and the worst thing is that all these years his revenge was totally useless, because, in his point of view, his brother isn't the true responsible, but the people from his former village; I don't think that Sasuke will wear an Akatsuki robe, but instead, Madara will using him to tale Konoha's control;

brolylss
May 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
question: why would the strongest Uchiha betray its own clan? whose principle did he uphold? why he mention Madara is the one who helped him? and why in the beginning Madara confirmed that he helped Itachi massacre the whole clan.
and the last question, why was shisui murdered?

Q1: good point. that doesn't make any sense
Q2: ??
Q3: maybe to make Madara is Sasuke's next target
Q4: Madara is probably lying to Sasuke about the whole protecting-the-clan thing.
Q5: hopefully kishimoto masashi would tell us more about that!

patedecarne: I wasn't comparing Naruto & Sasuke to Hashirama & Madara.
although they look pretty much the same.

nat
May 13, 2008, 04:12 PM
It does pose more questions than we can answer, my guess is that when the uchihas turned their back on madara, in his eyes the clan fell from grace. and his feelings towards them changed from loyalty to indifference, but in time he discovered that he could take advantage from their demise..and so he would..when he describes them to sasuke he likens them to dogs, shows how much he cares about them....so i take there is no overly gushing feelings of love and protectevness. it 's all down to who wins in the end....

Then comes in itachi, who was raised in the decaying clan. he came in contact with madara, with his ability to spin tales who knows what he told/ taught itachi ( the special genius of the clan). from his interactions with anbu, the uchiha and madara himself, itachi found himself pulled by so many torrents...in the end the question was to which he would answer...

a) kill your family
b) destroy your country
c) screw the world...
d) go insane and be more eccentric...

my bet is that he wanted to go to Hawaii.

BTW, excellent review, pat ,very in depth. :XD
i always enjoy reading your reviews..good work..

anddre
May 13, 2008, 04:25 PM
Ola Pate de Carne,

Great review.

The way I read this chapter is taht once Senju and Uchiha's clan came to some sense that united they wouldn't have enemies, meaning that the number of mates lost in battle would be reduced to almost 0, they found a good sponsor to support them money wise. Their sponsor is the Fire Village.

Are the Elders from the Fire Village? Does Danzou belong to any specific clan? Maybe Senju?

At this point it would be important to know how many Senju and Uchiha were. Since we don't know that, and based on the top position the Senju Clan had as the First Hokage belonged to them, I am still curious to understand how this clan was reduced to almost nothing. Maybe it went down during the other clashes of clans that happened later on.

Based on Madara's Tale, he is the proudest Uchiha and should be respected for that. Interesting point he mentioned that his brother willing gave him, meaning to the Uchiha Clan, his eyes. That would dispell the Uchiha's hate circle of power. If that stands true than the Itachi vs. Sassuke relationship to make Sassuke stronger makes no sense at all.

I really appreciated why the Uchiha's were located in a separate block. Since day one I found this kind of isolation borders by clan nocive to the idea of an united block under Konoha's Flag. Nevertheless, if I recall correctly, the Hyugga clan, for instance, is isolated from the others as well...

Despite Sassuke intelligence, I don't think he has right now any minimal mental fortitude to think about all the arguments. It seems to me that he is buying everything as the truth so far as he is in completely shock. That is perfect for the plot as Madara should be the ultimate manipulator - we need to remember that somehow he has control over Pain.

If that stands true, I didn't realize so far Madara's ultimate plan. It seems to me like an old song that states...

I have no home, no family, no friends so let's rock & roll...

Let's see what Kishi will present us for next 10 chapters.

With Kind Regards,
André

Jenny_Bird
May 14, 2008, 04:53 AM
patedecarne: I forgot to say, this isn't your first review that I read and I gotta say they're very good. You have an optimist point of view about the last chapters (and the ones that are to come) **e seu ingles eh muito bom hahaha**, I really like the way things are going, I was bored before Jiraya's fight, and now I'm excited :D And, ooh yeah, I'm tired to read people saying the story is not good, how kishi screwed it up...

It 's not clear for me why Itachi left Sasuke alive, but the elder brother did care for the youngest, and before their fight, he had a quick chat with Naruto making sure there was still a person who could save Sasuke if he really falls into darkness. But then what? What did Itachi really want Sasuke to do? Kill Madara? :s

I think Itachi was frustrated with his clan long before he was ordered to kill them. Maybe he was tired of the clan's thirst for power... To me, he was a great man who could judge the situation from an "outside" perspective, not even considering his own feelings...that's what I call a real ninja.

walkie
May 14, 2008, 05:59 AM
great review, thanks man

but i cannot be agree with you when you say madara is not like a villain in key points.

when i look madara, all i see a man who wants power and someone to be in charge of everything, for that he didnt even tried to make peace he was forced by clan and couldnt accept that. even his clan left him alone, he contiuned to seek out revenge and power...because of him senju never stopped looking doubtfully to uchiha. when u are in charge of a country, who must consider every possibility

patedecarne
May 14, 2008, 08:34 AM
@e-nat
Guess you're right when you said that Madara got indifference towards Uchiha; In a first moment, the impression we got is that Madara is a kind man worried with his clan, but now that you said it, I think we could say that Madara's feelings, after the betrayal, weren't sadness, but instead, his pride; One of the most important things to a leader is the pride, and when you lose it, the world fall apart;
And Itachi really deserves some vacations, ehehe! If you think about how much stress he got in all of these years, he needs greatly vacations, but he's already dead, then now he's resting forever;
And all of these questions, I'm sure chapter 400 will be totally dedicated to explain the questions to us; And thanks for the comments, I'll won't let you down in the reviews!

@anddre
Nice to see you again! Really good points you have here! One reasonable explanation I see about the Senju clan is that maybe some clans from the present, like Akimichi or Nara, are descendants from Senju; We know the Uchihas are in a separate block, and thinking about it, The Uchihas still were a known clan in Konoha because they're all together, and with Senju clan controlling Konoha, they could had dispersed for all the village and its outskirts, by not being so concentrated like the Uchihas, their name could be less known among the people; And about Sasuke, yes, I also believe that Madara took him at the best moment to fulfill his plans: Madara is throwing so much to Sasuke understand, and with the revelations about Itachi in chapter 400, Sasuke will hate himself for everything he'd done, and joining forces with Madara will be perfect to Sasuke's redemption, at his eyes, and the only way to prevent such thing is if someone just broke in the room, I believe;

@Jenny_Bird
É Brasileira, não é, Jenny? Este jeito de escrever é caracteristico! But I've practicing my English for a long time, since the classroom and mainly by myself, and I really hope that you're enjoying the reviews, and please feel free to come and discuss the next ones, I'll be very glad! The story is fantastic at this point, but to tell the truth, in the first, I was afraid that Kishimoto could screw up the story with so many plot twists and revelations, but now, I'm really impressed, the story goes even better than I thought, and the ninja element about the story is superb: like I said, until now Kishimoto managed so well to write a solid and great plot, and I know that in Itachi's story, we'll get more shocking revelations! Another great aspect I'm liking is the" Anything can happen from now", because this way we cannot really predict what will happen next, and the wait for the next week is always good! Unfortunately, I think we won't ever know what Itachi was trying to say to Naruto, but given the circunstances, I believe the content was related to Madara, and about Itachi being a true ninja, just wait for the next review, hehe: I'll write a whole section with only this subject, because I believe this will be the focus in next chapter!

@walkie
Well, that conclusion was reached after seeing this chapter as a whole one; at least in this chapter, Madara didn't gave us any hints that he'll try anything bad, but in a sense, I agree with you: in some time in the future, Madara will give his ultimatum: by his future actions, we can make sure he'll be a villain, and like you said, must probably he'll seek for more power; but just in this chapter, in we compare Madara with Orochimaru, who tried to destroy Konoha, and Pain, who is trying to build a powerful weapon, Madara still didn't anything dangerous; Of course this coulb be a hint to his trus goals, something even bigger than Pain's plans, and I'm sure after all these explanations, the truth will come.

anddre
May 14, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hi All,

I don't think that anyone would feel safe to have a peace agreement between warrior clans when one of them have the natural ability to hypnotize others.

The Ninja rule for me is:

Suspect of everythig and everyone;
Follow your clan hierarchy;
Peace is just an interlude between wars;
Strategy is a definitive asset to win a contest;
Your past hunts you all the way;

What do you think?

With Kind Regards,
André

patedecarne
May 16, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hi, Sorry for the later response, anddre, but somehow when you wrote this post, it doesn't appeared to me as a new post, weird...

And I pretty much agree with everything you've said, and strategy/war aspect that you mentioned, I believe, are the most important:

Peace, from what I can see is just an illusion in this kind of world, how can we have peace if every unit/country/village is trying to become stronger? unfortunately, the greed and lust for power will never allow such thing like peace; And the strategy, well, to gain more power and respect, every leader will use everything, when we could see Itachi as a spy; being a stronger ninja, sure that some people keep an eye on him, seeing him as a potential helper, so any country who wants to be the mot powerful will need good strategy in order to achieve his goals;