PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Musician's Song

hopeandlight
May 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
from chapter 133
its the verses for the music score that are sung in Allen's Head
1...and then the boy...
2 ...fell deep asleep...
3 ...the gasping flames within the ashes/one by one...
4 ...rise up and expand into that beloved face...
5 suspended from the earth... thousands of dreams
6 on the night when those silver eyes trembled/you were born/ shining brightly
7 hundreds of millions of months/ and years/ no matter how many prayers are returned to the earth...
8 I shall continue to pray
line 1 and 2: in recent chapters we know the heart is hiding and the person with it might not know

line 3 and 4 you notice a cross shaped flame possibly refering to Allen being the heart

line 6: probably refering to the Earl silver eyes (edit)

line 7: something to do with akuma
no matter how many " prayers" of their loved ones souls to come back to earth

line 8: "continue to pray" for a better future?

http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/133/04/ (lines 1-4)

http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/133/05/ (lines 5-...)

there could be other theories
like the above 4 lines is refering to Allen being 14th and then being reborn as a half...
(wish it'd be that simple)

but discuss away!!!
thanks to anyone who posts!

endless_dream
May 11, 2008, 04:25 AM
hmm...maybe it's like a prophecy or something similar?

Digital_Eon
May 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
Hmmm... Hearing the lyrics again made me think of something: Could it be implying that Allen is/will be a Noah, after all?

Back in chapter 86, the Earl mentions that the 14th issue happened before Jasdevi was "born". Yet we know from later chapters (102?) that Jasdevi is about the same age as Allen and Lenalee. Since the 14th stuff obviously happened during Allen's lifetime, and Allen is probably the lower limit of Jasdevi's possible age, it doesn't make sense that the Earl is referring to their years of life. (The song also mentions "silver eyes"; a newborn baby, though, has blue eyes. If it refers to Allen, he can't be that little.) It's possible that by "birth", the Earl means their awakening as a Noah.

Again, newborn babies don't have their naturally coloured eyes - they have blue ones. So unless Hoshino forgot this, Allen can't really have been "born" in the sense that we think of, either - he wouldn't have silver eyes. Either the song is referring to someone else's eyes (seems weird, since even if that theory that the 14th is Allen's father is true, why would the 14th refer to himself as having "those silver eyes"?), or Allen wasn't a baby. And what other definition of "birth" is there that we know is used by Noah, and wouldn't require the person to be a baby?

That phrase about the "gasping flames within the ashes... rise up and expand into that beloved face" somehow is reminiscent of the Noah-forehead-crosses, too. Maybe it's just me, but that's the mental image I get when reading that passage. I suppose it could just mean his face is being illuminated, buuuuut...

Teeba
May 11, 2008, 12:19 PM
Great topic!! I always wanted to talk about the lullaby.

Again, newborn babies don't have their naturally coloured eyes - they have blue ones.

Well, I thought it was some babies? True, the whites of their eyes are blueish, but all of my cousins I've seen born had black eyes...*shrug*

Ah, I also discovered something about the poem: there's an extra line!! From chapter 135 (Cnet's translation):

"...I shall continue to pray
Please, give this child love
And a kiss into his hand as it is held"

This can hint at some other being giving Allen his innocence. ^_^

Zibi234
May 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hi I'm a new one ^^ so hi everyone

About the song well I think its some kind of prophecy well :

those lines :
1...and then the boy...
2 ...fell deep asleep...

might be about Allen death from tyki (the boy = Allen ,deep asleep=this death moment and the dream he had) well he fell in one deep sleep and then he woke up

next lines :

They might mean allen waking up from the dream (the death moment), well "ash" is something that died (burned and cant turn back how it was) but the flames can mean inocence that brought Allen back to life (well his inocence even turned into ash so we can see it like that too ^^) "expanded into that beloved face" well they say that Allen is loved by God (even Mana loved him and he could be the 14th noah)

Well Allens inocence turned into ash/dust but even in that form it had power and will to live (gasping flames within the ashes) and with Allens strong feelings inocence turned back and changed shape so it could exist with Allen (the 4line) ^^

next line:
5 suspended from the earth... thousands of dreams

It could say about the ark where he can wish what he dreamt off like sayving his friends was his biggest dream ^^ well he was in the ark that was above earth so "it was suspended " ^^

next line:
6 on the night when those silver eyes trembled/you were born/ shining brightly

It could mean Allen turning to Noah well like we watched anime the shadow itself had white maybe even silver eyes so it could represent "those silver eyes" so when those eyes will show the Noah will be born and with this amazing transformation he could shine among everyone (something new never seen before ,like the level4 akuma that was first seen in history)

the last lines:
7 hundreds of millions of months/ and years/ no matter how many prayers are returned to the earth...
8 I shall continue to pray

could simply mean that even if many people,friends will die or how many ackuma souls will came back to earth Allen should go foward not stoping and keep up fighting

Well there are 2lines about God giving him joined hands and a kiss - maybe we can say that the Noah (maybe some person) ask god to give this child (Allen) love and blessing maybe even protection

Im only speculating but it could move this way like I presented ^^ what do you thing about it ^^
[hr]

Darklight0303
May 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
Or it could be about the past. Allen's real birthday is unknown which makes me wonder.

"Then the boy fell deep asleep" as in Allen's true nature was rendered dormant.
The next lines could be about the truth behind the Flood.

"Suspended from earth.." I agree this is definitely the Ark

"on the night when those silver eyes trembled/you were born/ shining brightly" This could be about Allen's true birth

"7 hundreds of millions of months/ and years/ no matter how many prayers are returned to the earth...
"
8 I shall continue to pray" This i'm guessing is just a description of the time that has passed since then and how they wait for him to awaken again

This is just my two cents

irke
May 17, 2008, 02:32 PM

It made me think about Allen's face here:

http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/133/01/

although it might be a bit literal explanation. :P

addenza
May 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
I shall just copy and paste what I wrote somewhere else:

Wow.. I didn't really read much into the song lyrics... But I was also thinking that it was written for Allen because of the "silver eyes"..

Just a random guess. Maybe Allen was reborn already? You know, that time Tyki Mikk made a hole in his heart, and Allen was supposed to be dead but he lived because of his innocence so that's kind of like being reborn and he did become stronger..

And I agree with Advoco that the song is probably written by Mana for Allen...

Sorry, I'm too lazy to edit here.

(I was talking about Lenalee and Allen's dreams)I think they're on the opposite side of each other... And Lenalee can't see Allen but Allen can see her...

And yeah... The song could be a prophesy and also a hint of Allen's past??

Mysterious_Kaitou
April 02, 2009, 09:03 AM
on the 14th's song, there's no dead baby or anything there.

i checked some translations n it's a lullaby, so the baby obviously sleeps...

*still spazzing over 14th!Allen*

ca12nag3
April 02, 2009, 12:17 PM
in short its about someone praying for the return of a person, and that they may join hands *and kiss* that part i think is only in the anime.

i dont think its the 14ths song at all but its about him. so whos the one praying + wishing;)

Asmoden
April 02, 2009, 02:15 PM
on the 14th's song, there's no dead baby or anything there.

i checked some translations n it's a lullaby, so the baby obviously sleeps...

*still spazzing over 14th!Allen*

But the song say "the last breath" who else could it mean other than death?

We should transfer http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12103

ca12nag3
April 02, 2009, 05:23 PM
But the song say "the last breath" who else could it mean other than death?

We should transfer http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12103

And so, the boy fell into a deep sleep.
The struggling flames lay in the ashes.
One by one, rising up and swell into that lovely face.
Thousands of dreams float above the earth.Those dreams.
On the night when silver eyes trembled,
you were born in a sparkling light.
Though hunderds of milions of months and years will pass,
no matter how many prayers return to the Earth,
I will continue to pray.
Please deliver this love.
Let us join our hands and kiss.

The text acording to another translation.
now i dunno wich translation you take but its *about* the death and rebirth of the 14th but its not sang by the 14th himself.

(we are getting very much off topic tho ) haha

p.s.

the revealing of the 14th in the last chapter might have triggerd all this speculation stuff :)

hopeandlight
April 02, 2009, 06:39 PM
And so, the boy fell into a deep sleep.
The struggling flames lay in the ashes.
One by one, rising up and swell into that lovely face.
Thousands of dreams float above the earth.Those dreams.
On the night when silver eyes trembled,
you were born in a sparkling light.
Though hunderds of milions of months and years will pass,
no matter how many prayers return to the Earth,
I will continue to pray.
Please deliver this love.
Let us join our hands and kiss.

The text acording to another translation.
now i dunno wich translation you take but its *about* the death and rebirth of the 14th but its not sang by the 14th himself.

(we are getting very much off topic tho ) haha

p.s.

the revealing of the 14th in the last chapter might have triggerd all this speculation stuff :)

Yah
people are discussing the song
there actually a thread for this if you'd like to post there
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30857
(I admitt I've been neglecting it... but it there if anyone's interested):darn

have a nice Friday

I'm going to move all these posts there then. :amuse

ketorin
April 02, 2009, 10:33 PM
Or it could be about the past. Allen's real birthday is unknown which makes me wonder.

"Then the boy fell deep asleep" as in Allen's true nature was rendered dormant.

as you are saying Allen's true nature is dormant which could be true because i remember them saying that Allen, before he met Mana, was ruder, but when he met Mana he took on a mask of Mana which might have hidden his true nature.

yes i believe that this song is referring to Allen awakening, but since the 14th most likely wrote it before Allen was born do you think it's more of a prophecy type thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHPsMEeULQ here is the link to the song from the anime and here are what this person translated the lyrics as

Lyrics.-
Soushite bouya wa nemuri ni tsuita
Ikidzuku hai no naka no honou
Hitotsu~ Futatsu to~
Ukabu fukurami itoshii yokogao
Daichi ni taruru ikusen no
Yume~ Yume~
Gin no hitomi no yuragu yoru ni
Umare ochita kagayaku omae
Ikuoku no toshitsuki ga
Ikutsu~ Inori wo~ Tsuchi he kaeshitemo
WATASHI wa inori tsudzukeru
Dou ka kono ko ni ai wo
Tsunaida te ni KISU wo

Soushite bouya wa nemuri ni tsuita
Ikidzuku hai no naka no honou
Hitotsu~ Futatsu to~
Ukabu fukurami itoshii yokogao
Daichi ni taruru ikusen no
Yume~ Yume~
Gin no hitomi no yuragu yoru ni
Umare ochita kagayaku omae
Ikuoku no toshitsuki ga
Ikutsu~ Inori wo~ Tsuchi he kaeshitemo
Dou ka kono ko ni ai wo
Tsunaida te ni KISU wo

Dou ka kono ko ni ai wo
Tsunaida te ni KISU wo~

English.-
So as the boy fell to sleep.
The fire in the ash engulfs the air. One by one...
what rise and grow large are my beloved profiles.
What trickle down to earth are the thousands of dreams...dreams...
On the night when the silver eyes were trembling what came to born was you, as you shined.
No matter how many times the ever-passing time return the prayers back down to earth...
I will never cease to pray.
Oh please, show this child what love is.
Please give a kiss to his hands you hold.

So as the boy fell to sleep.
The fire in the ash engulfs the air. One by one...
what rise and grow large are my beloved profiles.
What trickle down to earth are the thousands of dreams...dreams...
On the night when the silver eyes were trembling what came to born was you, as you shined.
No matter how many times the ever-passing time return the prayers back down to earth...
Please give a kiss to his hands you hold.

Please give a kiss to his hands you hold. (Maybe referring to some Allen knows maybe Mana, showing Allen love for the first time)

ying_su
April 03, 2009, 04:00 AM
A question: The song in the Anime and in the Manga are really partially different???
Or it just the translation ARE different??

Btw, i extracted the japanase from the manga:
(As spoilers to save space ;))

CHAPTER 133!

Page 4
眠りについた。。. // ねむりについた
そして坊やは // そしてぼうやは
息衝く灰の中の炎 // いきづくはいのなかのほのお
ひとつふたつと // ひとつふたつと

浮ぶふくうみ // うかふふくうみ
愛しい横顔 // いとしいよこがお

Page 5
大地に垂るる // だいちにたるる
幾千の夢 // いくせんのゆめ

銀の瞳のゆうぐ夜に // ぎんのひとみのゆうぐよるに
生まれおちた // うまれおちた
輝くおまえ // かがやくおまえ

幾億の年月が // いくおくのとしつきが
いくつ祈りを土へ還しても // いくついのりをつちへかえしても

With them i'll try to understand why that huge differences between translation^^

hopeandlight
April 03, 2009, 04:11 AM
A question: The song in the Anime and in the Manga are really partially different???

CHAPTER 133!

Page 4
眠りについた。。. // ねむりについた
そして坊やは // そしてぼうやは
ひとつふたつと // ひとつふたつと

浮ぶふくうみ // うかふふくうみ
愛しい横顔 // いとしいよこがお

Page 5
大地に垂るる // だいちにたるる
幾千の夢 // いくせんのゆめ

生まれおちた // うまれおちた
輝くおまえ // かがやくおまえ

幾億の年月が // いくおくのとしつきが

With them i'll try to understand why that huge differences between translation^^

as far as I know

the only difference is that in the anime version the word "yume "(dream) is sung twice, but the manga version only has one "yume"
may check volume 14 raw chapter 135 on mangahelper to be sure

yume

ca12nag3
April 03, 2009, 11:41 AM
Well the praying is continuous so... its done by someone alive. If you take the song literaly. So its not the 14th that is the person in the song thats singing. Its about the 14th but the person praying for all this is someone else.

rukiah
April 11, 2009, 10:40 AM
one question Xd....¿who is the singer? Sanea Kobayashi?

Defade
April 12, 2009, 09:27 PM
one question Xd....¿who is the singer? Sanea Kobayashi?

As far as I can tell, she sung it.

rukiah
April 13, 2009, 12:20 AM
As far as I can tell, she sung it. oO oks thanks ^^

ca12nag3
May 29, 2009, 06:19 AM

CHAPTER 133!

Page 4
眠りについた。。. // ねむりについた
そして坊やは // そしてぼうやは
ひとつふたつと // ひとつふたつと

浮ぶふくうみ // うかふふくうみ
愛しい横顔 // いとしいよこがお

Page 5
大地に垂るる // だいちにたるる
幾千の夢 // いくせんのゆめ

生まれおちた // うまれおちた
輝くおまえ // かがやくおまえ

幾億の年月が // いくおくのとしつきが

for the song differs in just 2 parts thats 1 of the reasons i believe the anime is more spoilering towards the future then the manga does.
the word dream is repeated and the kissing part is added i think thats it. Thats why i believe that its not about Mana + 14th unless kissing between brothers is normal in Japan? Well i thought physical contact was a kinda taboo there anyways but i could be wrong lol.

Well matter of fact the kissing sentence only apears in the 2nd final time 14th/Allen sings it. In the tv-series that is.

Personaly i believe the song is linked between 2 persons either Allen/14th & Road or Allen/14th & Lenalee.And not what many people think its linked to Mana. either way its with a female. Perhaps in the Manga at the time Hoshino wanted to keep it way more secretive but the Anime takes things way further earlier in the story anyways.

TitaniumChloride
May 29, 2009, 08:54 AM
Erm, actually, there's a bit about the Musician's Song in the fan book that says that it was largely based on the song that Hoshino's editor made.

Apparently she was kind of stuck on writing it, so she phoned her editor and said "Please make up two songs in 3 days!" and he said "I can't do it!". Upon hearing that, she said something along the lines of "Do it somehow," and hung up on him, leaving him puzzled. So in the end, he did make only one song, which Hoshino found to be much better than her amateur-like attempt. She used it word for word in the manuscipt, which shocked him. I'm not sure whether it's the same song that debuted in the manga though.

Well, that's not the whole story but it's the general gist of that part of the interview. Gosh, Hoshino's so sneaky. :XD

So... should we really be analysing this song so much? :sweat
A corrected version is a few posts down (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1374789&postcount=27). v

[hr]
Oh yeah, about the different translations. I guess it's because different translators were doing it. Most translators have to use their own experience to make sense of the Japanese for us, which can definitely lead to translations not being the same. This song is also a little vague, so it's easy to interpret it a little differently. Also, note that one is a written version (manga) and the other is sung (anime). The latter might have added that extra 'yume' for it to sound better.

ca12nag3
May 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
True about the yume and that translating is hard tho the anime version also has the kissing part, now if thats done by the animators or with consent of Hoshino/manga team i dunno...

So what do you think? i meen the song generaly speaks of a person being born, expected to arive. Something like a Prophecy.

I asume Hoshino told her editor what she wanted in it. Perhaps just blunt info and he literaly took that and made it into songtext?

Anyways the prophetic nature of the song is rather clear. And its my bet its just about the 14ths arival/return and whos praying for it? i meen if its Mana sure the manga would point it his way. Only the anime messes that up for me with the kissing part. Now i wonder how much should those few words matter? Specialy since they are put there by the anime team.

TitaniumChloride
May 29, 2009, 09:58 AM
@ca12nag3: Actually, the 'kiss his hand' part is very much a part of the song, it's not made up. The only addition was the extra 'yume'. See chapter 135.

Anyway, looking at the full song with only my dodgy Japanese knowledge (I'm trying not to base my judgment according to the interpretation of another translator), it's reminds me a lot of a lullaby as Allen had stated on the same page, so no help there.

So just to get another viewpoint of this song, I'm going to assume that Allen has nothing to with it.

I'm going to take a guess and say that this song was just a memory of the 14th. A woman (judging from the silhouette that appeared when Allen first heard the song sung in his head) the 14th knew, maybe someone that was precious to him, sang this song for him.

Gotta go now but I'm gonna spend some more time analyzing this song more so I might come up with something else later.

ca12nag3
May 29, 2009, 10:27 AM
Well i looked up the kissing part didnt show up on the translations online. I missed it? Looked for it today? Or ill just wait for my copy of VIZ before i comment on it just got to wait 2 months :S.
Anyway it is a part of the story, the song is. And you cant realy dismiss it as Allen has nothing to do with it cause he = the new 14th if you like it or not.

I like to analize things even tho its hard in english cause its not my native language but i try.
So this character that is awaiying the 14ths arival asumed to be female. Cause males kissing males is not this typ of manga.

Candidates?

Lenalee Lee would fit nice to it shes close to Allen and has dreams similar to and also prophetic like Allens visions lately. Only downfall is that Lenalee didnt know Allen and possibly not the 14th when the song was made? On the other hand a prophetic song could just talk about anyone.
Maria who is controled by Cross would be a nice twist to the story if its her. Something happend to her that she died and Cross keeps her *undead* to use her innocence or is there more to it? She could have known the 14th if she were alive at the time. Love interest who knows.
Road Kamelot would be another person who would fit the text since she did kiss Allen/14th claiming she doesnt kiss at all. Well it would be a weird twist also cause it seems she didnt expect Allen to be the 14th so how would she know or is she faking? Road said family comes first to Allen so she does not recognize him as if hes the 14th/her kin, perhaps she sees him as a traitor? Who knows.

Siberia
May 29, 2009, 06:27 PM
BTW, did TitaniumChloride say the song is written by Hoshino's editor indeed not Hoshino herself?? if its true, there is no point to analysis the lyrics...
Can someone translate this page or find something relevant to the 14th's song

Source: forum.ikunlun.net
Credit:熏香
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/164/24882874.jpg

I have got some resources of 14th 's song (three new official versions) and OST 3 booklet, u can refer to that post (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1374087&postcount=301)

TitaniumChloride
May 30, 2009, 05:00 AM
@ca12nag3: Ah! I'm sorry for giving the impression that Allen has no relation to the song because he's not the 14th or something. I was in a rush while writing up that post, which was why I didn't include links to my references @_@ I was trying to say that I'm going to put aside conceptions that would easily tie it with Allen and focus on the fact that it's the -14th's- song, not -Allen's-. Here is the page with the full song in chapter 135 (http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/135/DGM_135_pg11/) (I was just trying to point out the 'joined hands, and a kiss' part which you said wasn't in the manga ._.) And that's only the translation by Carlos Net. There are also a few others like cnet128's (http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/414), kirimi's (http://mangahelpers.com/t/kirimi/releases/1341) and xophien's (which I can't find atm but was used in Whatever Scan's release). And if you're wondering how I came to know of these translations, it's because I was really desperate to decipher the lullaby when the chapter was first released, though I'm still not sure what to think of it. ^ ^;

@yvonnelsw: I'm afraid I've made a mistake with my earlier post about the details of the interview. >< About that picture from the OST btw, it's nothing more than a message from the composer about his time working on the DGM anime making the songs and a shorter comment from Hoshino at the end about how her favourite song on the disk is 'Tsunaida Te ni Kusu wo' (Musician's Song), how grateful she is for the work the composers have done, how even though the anime had ended the songs will continue to encourage her and keep her drawing... something like that. :sweat

@everyone who read my previous post with the part about the interview:
Sorry! I really was in a rush to get that part of the interview I found posted that I skimmed through it badly and it was mostly based on a line I misinterpreted. I've looked at it again and here's a corrected version as well as the transcript of that section in case I'm still wrong.

星野先生&N氏の共作!?方舟奏者の唄

N氏「アレンの奏者の唄(※19)の時も驚きましたよ。星野先生に“奏者の歌を作ってくれ”って言われて、“えぇぇぇ!!”って(笑)」
星野「展開上、あそこでどうしても唄を出さなきゃいけなくなったんですけど、自分で方向性すら出てこなく。それで私、散々Y氏にバカバカって言われたんで、“じゃ、編集の人は頭がいいんだろう?”見たいの思って(笑)」
N氏「試されてる(笑)」
星野「大卒のN氏なら、文方とか言葉を私より絶対知ってると思って、一度投げてみたんです。無茶苦茶言いました。“3日で2つ作ってくれ!”って(笑)」
N氏「“できません!”って言ったら...」
星野「“そこをなんとか!”って、勝手に電話を切ったりして」
N氏「そう!“このタイミングで電話切るんだ!!”って途方にくれましたよ」
Y氏「そのやりとりを俺はN氏の向かいの席だから、見てたんだよ(笑)。酷いことするなぁって」
星野「見てたんですか!?」
Y氏「うん。でもそれくらい言えるなら、慣れたんだなぁと思っていたんだけど(笑)」
N氏「結局、1つだけ作って渡したんですよ。でも、いざ原稿が上がってきて見たら、全く違う唄が入って“えぇぇ!どういうこと!?”って」
星野「実は当初、私考えた唄が結構へなちょこだったので、期待しないでN氏の唄(※20)を見たんです。そうしたら私のより全然いい唄で。それを見たら、なんとなく頭の中のイメージが具体化してきて、唄の方向性が見えてきたんです。それで、ここは二人の共作にしようと思って(笑)。N氏の唄を片手に書き始めたんです。そうしたらポンポンと言葉ができてきて」
N氏「役に立ったんですね?良かった...。それが聞けただけで救われました」
Y氏「(N氏に向かって)良かったねぇ。全く役に立ってないわけじゃなくて(笑)」
N氏「“なんじゃコレ!”ってグシャグシャになったのかと...」
星野「違いますよ!そんなことはしません!!」
Y氏「表面的にはそうじゃないかよ(笑)」
星野「ショックでした?」
N氏「それは、ねぇ...」
Y氏「そりゃショックでしょう?君が全ボツって言われるのと一緒だよ」
N氏「原稿を見た時は、一字一句たりとも参考にしていないと思って、衝撃を受けましたよ」
星野「すみません、そこは私のプライドだったんです...」

※19<奏者の唄>:第133夜でアレンが方舟の奏者の部屋で弾く唄。その詩は、アレンいわく子守唄らしい。

※20<N氏の唄>:奏者の唄として、N氏が作った力作。先生いわく、結構いい唄だったらしいが、お蔵入りに。

A general summary:
During development, even though she had to come up with the song, she couldn't think of a direction to take it to. Editor Y (her editor at the time) gave her the idea to to ask someone in the Editorial Department. She thought to ask Editor N (her current editor) since he's got a university degree and was probably better with words than she was, and tried her luck by unreasonably asking him to "Please make 2 songs in 3 days" over the phone. When he said that he can't, she told him to come up with them somehow and hung up. Editor N did manage to come up with one song despite that. When the time came for him to read the manuscript, he saw a completely different song; he saw that not even a single word from his song was referenced and was greatly shocked (this was the line where I started messing up earlier).

The truth was, the song she thought up herself then was fairly inexperienced and she read Editor N's song without any expectations. She found it much better than hers and when she read it, somehow or other she got an image of what she wanted to do with the song. Thereupon she thought of it as a collaboration. She started by writing Editor N's song with one hand and then words started coming to her for the Musician's Song (this part of the interview was quite awkward for me to translate so I hope I'm close to the real meaning...).

So I guess Hoshino wrote it after all and that there's barely any resemblance to Editor N's song, though Hoshino is still keeping the original somewhere.

I'm really very sorry for the mess up. m(_ _)m

andrewsungchehau
May 30, 2009, 05:22 AM
It's really interesting and fun how Hoshino sensei came out with the Musician's Song.xD I'm glad the anime did a great job on the song and Hoshino sensei love it. Don't worry, not only the song will encourage her, we manga readers and fans of D Gray Man will also support her.:D

As for the song, I think it's kind of like in relation with prayer, which the prayer prays for many million years and the 'joined hand and a kiss' part might imply giving support to prayer.(My explanation is based on the song)

ca12nag3
May 30, 2009, 08:56 AM
Well my thoughts go to a female character that says this prayer for the 14th and awaits his arival... But who is this female character?
You see i dont think like many other people think that its Mana. Thats pretty much all i dispute over. Now that Allen will be the new 14th is without doubt. And any theorizing over that would be out of topic.

destinyv
June 21, 2009, 04:08 PM
My Idea of the song, is actually something related to the Noah

Since it is the 14th Noah Song ---> Bible

I think it talking about the Prayers to God, and a special little child, whose mother is singing this Lullaby to him

fuff
January 23, 2011, 06:30 AM
okay i was watching the begining of ep 95 and in the songs lyrics..its says and then the boy falls asleep...foreshadow to the allen falling asleep=neah?

Naomidee
January 23, 2011, 09:37 AM
You're most likely right, fuff. I'll bet that Allen's "state" when Neah's in control will be something like sleep. But when you think about it, most of Allen's revelations come to him while he's sleeping. So I bet there are going to be some pretty interesting dreams going on.

illusion410
January 23, 2011, 03:40 PM
Interesting point. The entire song has references that seem to apply to Allen/Neah throughout.

"And then the boy falls asleep. The flame inside the breathing ashes. One, then two. The floating swelling, the dear profile. Thousands of dreams, dreams, that pour onto the earth. On the night when the silver eyes swings. The shining you, who was born. No matter how many millions of years, return the prayers to Earth. I continue praying. Love for the last. Kiss for the joined hands."

The boy falling asleep = Allen... The flame inside the breathing ashes = the 14th? (chapter 182, page 12)... the silver eyes = Allen (He's the only character so far in the series with silver eyes. coincidence?) etc.

Lomahongva
January 23, 2011, 06:41 PM
Wow!! The relation between sleep/dreams = Neah's awakening you've suggested is really interesting!!!:blink
Illusion410: thanks for the analogies of the Musician's Song!
"The shinig you, who was born", "I continue praying. Love for the last. Kiss for the joined hands." These verses, now I look at them seem really enigmatic. The first is related to Allen/Neah and it is refering to its future role in this war. And for the rest, I'd always thought while listening/reading the lyrics it was related to a very strong relationship: Allen/Neah or maybe Neah/The Earl?
The Ch. 182, page 12 you've mentioned has remembered me Ch. 36, pages 12, 13 and 14. I'm my opinion they're linked: in Ch. 182 we see the complete form of what has "returned" in Ch. 36: Neah inside of Allen. But Allen's left eye was caused by Mana's curse. After seeing Reverse 3 spoilers, what I think it's that Mana inherited his brother's soul. Neah accepted Mana's natural dead but when Allen transformed them into an akuma they were furious:they'd been transformed into Earl's servants. So, Mana's soul attacked Allen in order to activate his innocence and being destroyed and Neah's soul used this moment to scape and get inside of Allen. I know it is forced but it could have a bit of sense.

@tgirl: thanks for your welcoming!

hopeandlight
January 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
Today 06:41 PM
Lomahongva Wow!! The relation between sleep/dreams = Neah's awakening you've suggested is really interesting!!!
Illusion410: thanks for the analogies of the Musician's Song!
"The shinig you, who was born", "I continue praying. Love for the last. Kiss for the joined hands." These verses, now I look at them seem really enigmatic. The first is related to Allen/Neah and it is refering to its future role in this war. And for the rest, I'd always thought while listening/reading the lyrics it was related to a very strong relationship: Allen/Neah or maybe Neah/The Earl?
The Ch. 182, page 12 you've mentioned has remembered me Ch. 36, pages 12, 13 and 14. I'm my opinion they're linked: in Ch. 182 we see the complete form of what has "returned" in Ch. 36: Neah inside of Allen. But Allen's left eye was caused by Mana's curse. After seeing Reverse 3 spoilers, what I think it's that Mana inherited his brother's soul. Neah accepted Mana's natural dead but when Allen transformed them into an akuma they were furious:they'd been transformed into Earl's servants. So, Mana's soul attacked Allen in order to activate his innocence and being destroyed and Neah's soul used this moment to scape and get inside of Allen. I know it is forced but it could have a bit of sense.

Today 03:40 PM
illusion410 Interesting point. The entire song has references that seem to apply to Allen/Neah throughout.

"And then the boy falls asleep. The flame inside the breathing ashes. One, then two. The floating swelling, the dear profile. Thousands of dreams, dreams, that pour onto the earth. On the night when the silver eyes swings. The shining you, who was born. No matter how many millions of years, return the prayers to Earth. I continue praying. Love for the last. Kiss for the joined hands."

The boy falling asleep = Allen... The flame inside the breathing ashes = the 14th? (chapter 182, page 12)... the silver eyes = Allen (He's the only character so far in the series with silver eyes. coincidence?) etc.

Today 09:37 AM
Naomidee You're most likely right, fuff. I'll bet that Allen's "state" when Neah's in control will be something like sleep. But when you think about it, most of Allen's revelations come to him while he's sleeping. So I bet there are going to be some pretty interesting dreams going on.

Today 06:30 AM
fuff okay i was watching the begining of ep 95 and in the songs lyrics..its says and then the boy falls asleep...foreshadow to the allen falling asleep=neah?

Moving to correct thread

ca12nag3
January 25, 2011, 02:36 PM
uhm some of the lyrics are kinda off in fan translation so ill just put the Viz official lyrics here and then go on with what i think about it ^^

Then the boy went to sleep,
And one or two embers alive in
the ashes flared up in the shape
of your beloved face.
Thousands of dreams spread
over the land. Stars like silver
eyes twinkling in the night...
You shining ones fell to earth.
Even though the eons turn
many prayers to dust
I will keep praying.
Please love this child
and kiss the hand
you're holding
P123 Vol14

So what is this about i cant realy say...what i can say is this

1:its prophetic towards Allen
2:its not written by the 14th...would be weird if he wrote about himself no?

illusion410
January 25, 2011, 09:29 PM
The thing I find interesting about the song is that it has obvious references to Allen. Assuming Neah can't see the future (cuz I mean, come on, he's already strong enough to kill almost all of the Noah, is he really going to be a prophet too?), that means Neah knew Allen when he was young, before he planted him with his memories. Plus it's a lullaby, so it makes sense that he wrote it for Allen when he was a baby. Hm... Allen = Neah's son? :blink who knows. But I'm willing to bet Allen isn't some random kid Neah grabbed off the street like Cross said, cuz where's drama in that? :amuse

hopeandlight
January 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
thanks riki!!!

The thing I find interesting about the song is that it has obvious references to Allen. Assuming Neah can't see the future (cuz I mean, come on, he's already strong enough to kill almost all of the Noah, is he really going to be a prophet too?), that means Neah knew Allen when he was young, before he planted him with his memories. Plus it's a lullaby, so it makes sense that he wrote it for Allen when he was a baby. Hm... Allen = Neah's son? :blink who knows. But I'm willing to bet Allen isn't some random kid Neah grabbed off the street like Cross said, cuz where's drama in that? :amuse

right, this was probably written with Allen in mind, unless the previous 14th had silver eyes too haha

ya, allen is prob not some random kid
for one, he's compatible with innocence
yes and his name rearranges nea II ( awesome discovery by someone on this forum)
so it may be possible

how allen got his innocence is prob no accident
i know i've posted this a couple of times, but im not sure where so...

http://www.mangareader.net/210-15095-1/dgray-man/chapter-4.html

the monster in the background looks a lot like timcampi would if he had a transformation
( now that makes me wonder about lero)
and he seems to be missing part of his left arm, and Allen's left seems to be the left he's missing

so what if the 14th gave Allen his innocence
and what Allen has now is the "dummy heart"
and Tim is the real heart or hold's the real one
and he's totally aware of it, but Hoshino-sensei conviently made it so golem (other than lero) don't talk
then Allen could do the same thing the earl does, take his sword out of tim

the Cardinal's friend could also be a dummy heart
perhaps because Allen's got Tim "the heart" Hoshino sensei is trying to lead us astry:darn
if not this comment may disappear- jk:darn

yes there's also the possiblity that Allen himself is the Heart in that the 14th used it to create Allen's body
(since Allen is orphan , perhaps he really has no parents O-O)

tgirl
January 30, 2011, 01:00 AM
Nice brain storming going on in here. :D

I speculated once before on this song, but I'm with-helding my own speculations until we see more of Nea's interaction with Allen. How both of them are "connected" is part of the key to this song, I believe....

Be-lated but...

You're welcome! ^__^

hopeandlight
June 22, 2011, 08:13 PM
looking at the pictures this time...
the words are there to match to the panels and in case the links don't work anymore

http://www.mangareader.net/210-15224-4/dgray-man/chapter-133.html

Panel 1: ...and then the boy fell...deep asleep

the picture shows the sheet music with the 14th symbol at the center
Allen, the boy, has a relation to the 14th

Panel 2 : the gasping flames within the ashes one by one rise up and expand into that beloved face

the flames are shaped like innocence ( cross shaped )
so the innocence formed Allen?

http://www.mangareader.net/210-15224-5/dgray-man/chapter-133.html

Panel 3 : Suspended from the earth...thousands of dreams...

what's "suspended" in this panel is akuma egg and a bunch of stars

the shape of stars in this panel are similar to level 1 akuma...
the egg is made of dark matter and souls...

Panel 4 : on the night when those silver eyes trembled you were born shining brightly
lenalee : a piano?
a who is playing the piano? > Allen
who has silver eyes>Allen

Panel 5: Hundreds of millions of months and years. No matter how many prayers are returned to earth

in this panel the stars are floating above and even disappearing on the keyboard
if they represent Akuma
whoever wrote this song promises no matter how many akuma return to earth

Panel 6: I shall continue to pray

(continue) he will return the souls to where they belong

Allen is saying this line

this is both Allen and the writer's wish

ying_su
June 23, 2011, 03:38 AM
uhm some of the lyrics are kinda off in fan translation so ill just put the Viz official lyrics here and then go on with what i think about it ^^

Then the boy went to sleep,
And one or two embers alive in
the ashes flared up in the shape
of your beloved face.
Thousands of dreams spread
over the land. Stars like silver
eyes twinkling in the night...
You shining ones fell to earth.
Even though the eons turn
many prayers to dust
I will keep praying.
Please love this child
and kiss the hand
you're holding
P123 Vol14

So what is this about i cant realy say...what i can say is this

1:its prophetic towards Allen
2:its not written by the 14th...would be weird if he wrote about himself no?

But: What if it's the 14th writing about his son, before the great disasters happened?
Then... the Earl arrived and he only had him around to put his memories?
Another idea: his mum?
I'm just saying it's still a posibility, although i find it weird: dad and son in the same body...

The middle paragraph of the song seems to talk about the exorcists "the shining ones" and the prayers "turn to dust" are people diying because of the Akuma. The first paragraphs is obtuse for me, it only makes sense as a lullaby song for me...

ca12nag3
June 23, 2011, 08:25 AM
But: What if it's the 14th writing about his son, before the great disasters happened?
Then... the Earl arrived and he only had him around to put his memories?
Another idea: his mum?
I'm just saying it's still a posibility, although i find it weird: dad and son in the same body...

The middle paragraph of the song seems to talk about the exorcists "the shining ones" and the prayers "turn to dust" are people diying because of the Akuma. The first paragraphs is obtuse for me, it only makes sense as a lullaby song for me...

text wise it looks like its a mother singing for her child/ about her child. I think its best to go to square 1 and forget about everything that happend and just look at the text.

I will keep praying.
Please love this child
and kiss the hand

Is something a woman would say not a man. So im wondering who it is that actualy wrote this.

ying_su
June 23, 2011, 09:21 AM
text wise it looks like its a mother singing for her child/ about her child. I think its best to go to square 1 and forget about everything that happend and just look at the text.

I will keep praying.
Please love this child
and kiss the hand

Is something a woman would say not a man. So im wondering who it is that actualy wrote this.

That's why i thought in his mum... but a song sing by a mum can be listened by the dad, isnt it? In fact, the "guy" that put those lines as a key text for the arc surely listened that song from her.

Naomidee
June 23, 2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think that would necessarily have to be written by a woman.
What if the Earl wrote it? XD That would be really weird...

tgirl
June 23, 2011, 11:47 PM
I think the song is written exclusively by the 14th since he has the ability to play the piano and write that odd looking music score. Furthermore, that music score is connected magically to the Ark so it serves as a magic spell at the same time.

Now that I think of it, the music score is written in some kind of "ancient language", right? (The "ancient language" that the descendants of long ago wrote as a warning to the future that they must prepare to fight the Earl?) I wonder if Allen can read the writing of that "ancient language"? Does Allen's potential have to stop at music notes? :blink

non-chan
July 11, 2013, 06:09 AM
Dig the topic up: Nea did state that the song (both lyrics and music score) belongs to "Allen". Could it be it was "Allen" who wrote the song?
(btw, the DGM's playstation game's melody was as beautiful as the anime's)

kannazuki
July 18, 2013, 12:09 PM
Ooh interesting. I don't remember that. When did Nea say the song was Allen's?

non-chan
July 18, 2013, 12:16 PM

Somewhere in volume 14, when Allen was in the white piano room.

CloudStrifeACC
July 20, 2013, 08:45 PM
I really thought the silver eyes are a direct reference to Allen Walker. I imagined the song has to do with his past and future.:notrust

hopeandlight
July 20, 2013, 11:10 PM
I really thought the silver eyes are a direct reference to Allen Walker. I imagined the song has to do with his past and future.:notrust

Somewhere in volume 14, when Allen was in the white piano room.

In chapter 132 the 14th says "the score belongs to Allen"

I agree the silver eyes probably refer to Allen

Now that we know Allen was an adult (cough old) 35 years ago and friends with Nea

It not impossible that it was made for him specifically

But now I wonder if the arc controls was always this song, or maybe nea just made these lyrics

kannazuki
July 21, 2013, 04:44 AM
Oh my god I totally had a post written out on this page offline before I saw hopeandlight's post, but I just lost most of it anyway. I spent some time looking for it and then rereading 131 and 132 in Japanese, earlier while I wasn't online on my laptop.

Anyway, what hope said is true. What interested me was that it seemed like you were saying the song belongs to Allen according to the 14th, but it's just the sheet music that does, because of that unique writing. I really doubt what's written in the sheet music (lyrics) was composed by Allen though. He and Mana came up with that code, but I can't believe he went and used it to write poetry. The way I see it, the music "belongs" to Allen in the way music belongs to a singer in a choir. It's his to hold in his hand, but not something he wrote, himself. If the song is about him, then it's probably like Lala's song which is not written for him by the character who wrote it, but is definitely about him because of the symbolism in it--- clues for the reader.

The "conversation" with the 14th is interesting in a few ways though, now that I look at it in raw form:

14th Noah (or Allen's memory of him)...

chapter 131:

14th:
オレノ 「鍵」。。。 オレノ。。。
MY "KEY..." MY...

Allen:
鍵...? ティムキャンピー...?
Key...? Timcanpy...?

14th:
オレノティムキャンピー 「アレン」 「ティムキャンピー」 ワタシガ「奏者の資格」
MY TIMCANPY. "ALLEN." "TIMCANPY." I (HAVE) "THE PLAYER'S ABILITIES"
(note: 14th uses "watashi" like the adult "past!Allen" instead of like Neah's usual "ore")

ーー
the above repeats again essentially the same in chapter 132, then Cross tells him to just play the piano, and then...
ーー

chapter 132:

14th:
「アレン」が弾ク
IT'S "ALLEN" WHO WILL PLAY

Allen:
どっ どうして僕なんだ...!?
Wh- Why me...!?
(note: plain speech instead of Allen's usual polite speech)

14th:
「アレン」ノ楽譜ダカラ
BECAUSE IT'S "ALLEN'S" SHEET MUSIC.

Allen:
これが... 楽譜!?
This... is sheet music?!That "watashi" is really suspicious. Why would the 14th suddenly slip from referring to himself with a manly "ore" to referring himself with a gender-neutral "watashi?" And is it a coincidence that the past!Allen we see in chapter 215 also uses "watashi?" Also interesting that Allen drops the polite speech here. Another two times I noticed before this (so far-- I bet I could find more) would be when he was in the bamboo forest with Tyki, and while he was in a dream speaking to Mana, after he had passed out in Krory's castle (in front of Eliade).