PDA

View Full Version : SBS Volume 48

ANBU4U
May 16, 2008, 09:50 AM
All revel in the glory that is Arlong Park Forums. SBS Volume 48 is out!

Credits go to stephen (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/) for the SBS script.

Enjoy (http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/48)

Of Particular Interest:

D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu Fruit was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME." How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.

GOLD, PURE GOLD!

TheBlackLotus
May 16, 2008, 03:54 PM
Very interesting find, though it's hard to make any predictions as to who since it'll probably be a brand new character, and given the vagueness of the devil fruits until this character appears and explains them it's hard to say what there is behind them.

Imitorar
May 16, 2008, 05:26 PM
No, it's pretty obvious who: Vegapunk. The theory I like best so far is sahugani's, that the Devil Fruits were made by the ancient kingdom in their battle with the group that eventually became the World Government. But Vegapunk will actually CONFIRM how Devil Fruits work. Which is why I don't expect to see him for about 4 more years. Maybe later, closer to the end of the series, more like 7 years. There are about 9 years left of One Piece, going by Oda's estimate. Not that they've been accurate before...

kaizokumarcee
May 17, 2008, 10:35 AM
Dude! Is this SBS serious?!! Damn! That's a cool revelation! Never thought of it that way.

So Sanji can still dream about his Invisibility fruit! He just have to kill Absalom! haha :)

This line gives me the creeps though:
"...and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are..."
I don't know. But the very time i read those lines, something came into my mind.
Maybe the DFs were the bodies of its former users. Maybe when a DF user dies, his body shrivels into a DF.
Creepy huh?
Maybe that explains the friggin taste. heheh

TheBlackLotus
May 17, 2008, 11:13 AM
No, it's pretty obvious who: Vegapunk. The theory I like best so far is sahugani's, that the Devil Fruits were made by the ancient kingdom in their battle with the group that eventually became the World Government. But Vegapunk will actually CONFIRM how Devil Fruits work. Which is why I don't expect to see him for about 4 more years. Maybe later, closer to the end of the series, more like 7 years. There are about 9 years left of One Piece, going by Oda's estimate. Not that they've been accurate before...

Yeah, it seems very likely to be Vegapunk. I had thought of that, but It could also be a new character who worked for Vegapunk who told him the secrets of the Devil fruits and such. It's really hard to say, but would be the most opportune time to introduce Vegapunk as well.

As for the theory of the Devil Fruits being the bodies of the former user shrivled up that's actually an interesting theory. It would explain why they're so rare and valuable, and just generally hard to find because then the fruit would probably be located at the place the last user died. Explains the whole Blackbeard thing where he killed the person for their fruit power, and always just gives a whole new meaning to "devil" fruit or in the english dub "cursed" fruit, implying that those who eat it are destined to live with the curse of sorts along with the downside of not swimming.

Imitorar
May 17, 2008, 11:52 PM
Thatch hadn't eaten the fruit when Blackbeard killed him, he just owned it. Blackbeard didn't kill Thatch so that there would be another Dark Dark fruit, he killed him so he could take the Devil Fruit and so Thatch wouldn't eat it. As to the details of Devil Fruit regeneration... All we can do is theorize until the Straw Hats meet Vegapunk. I don't think there's much evidence either way.

LoS
May 18, 2008, 12:09 AM
How many total devil fruits do you reckon there are? And of those how many have been eaten/consumed?

kaizokumarcee
May 18, 2008, 07:21 AM
Wonder if Robin has a copy of that "Book of Fruits" in her library.

Hope Vegapunk makes his appearance soon! Ain't he working for the WG??

Tobi Uchiha
May 18, 2008, 08:26 AM
Yes, he is working for the WG, Kuma sais it

The Adamant Dragon
June 28, 2008, 11:07 PM
Awsom and nice find. And no wonder the manga is so intersting... The guy is bright.

Organizized
June 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
How many total devil fruits do you reckon there are? And of those how many have been eaten/consumed?

Here (http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/4), Oda states that he's "heard" that there are more than 100 (might be pretty obvious but I figured I'd just mention it), so somewhere between 100-200 (could be more but if there was I think he would have said "more than 200") Still, this was in the very first SBS so we don't know how true that is.

Awesome SBS, thanks for linking it! Oda's been mentioning Vegapunk (directly or indirectly) for a damn while now, the teaser. I agree with Imitorar that we won't see him in 4 or so years, though.

And I always laughed when I saw the lion with the human mouth, yet I never thought about his own mouth being on Absalom. That's cool! :D

bittman
July 01, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'll be shocked if the number of DF's are actually mentioned, since it might limit the massive adventure that is One Piece. Basically, I expect Oda to just keep making them as a new person is needed.

I expect Vegapunk to be early-mid New World, but it could work in the late game if he actually becomes an ally-ish character. Can't really hypothesise on someone who works for WG, but who has never been referred to in terms of personality.

Umbra Wolf
July 02, 2008, 05:58 AM
I'll be shocked if the number of DF's are actually mentioned, since it might limit the massive adventure that is One Piece. Basically, I expect Oda to just keep making them as a new person is needed.
Did anybody count the number of DFs already seen?
I guess that would be about 50 "known" fruits therefore I guess "more than 100" are more than enough to have for the whole plot.

bittman
July 06, 2008, 07:32 AM
24 Parmecian
12 Zoan
6 Logia
________
42 Total (+13 filler/sbs = 55)

Found a list here: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit

Akainu
July 11, 2008, 08:03 AM
the SBS for volume 50 looks pretty promising too. there is an explanation about risky bros. and alot more but as I can't read japanese and the pics alone don't tell I'm hoping for someone to translate it soon ^^

Raysen_ht
July 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
Were are the SBS printed??
not on jump, is it??

About the SBS 48
Well, what can i say... Oda is a genius... there are simply zero plot holes in OP!!!!!

sharingan_kakashi
July 11, 2008, 12:56 PM
Mikio Itoo
Wow. i never noticed that before. I wonder who he is, he is probably another pirate hopefully we meet him soon (if we havent already).

Akainu
July 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
Were are the SBS printed??
not on jump, is it??

About the SBS 48
Well, what can i say... Oda is a genius... there are simply zero plot holes in OP!!!!!

no its in volumes in paperback afaik, that subsume up to 10 (?) chapters of OP only in our case. at the end of each chapter there is a special section with questions for Oda or fanart.
In short: you're right, not in jump!

Mikio Itoo
Wow. i never noticed that before. I wonder who he is, he is probably another pirate hopefully we meet him soon (if we havent already).
I wonder where you read that, please tell us. especially if its translatet from the newest one

sharingan_kakashi
July 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
Its on chapter 32 (page 130) there is a small poster on the right,

http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/4
"D: Who is this person "Itou Mikio" that appears in the three manga "One Piece", "Butsu Zone" and "Rurouni Kenshin"? It wasn't even cleared up in "Butsu Zone", so I would really like it if you would explain.

D: I'll ask you directly! Who is Itou Mikio? I'm really curious.
I found him: in Volume 1, pg.14, the third panel, behind the first mate.
pg.16, the first panel, on the bottle.
p.86, the second panel, behind Luffy.
In volume 2, the cover page on pg.3, beside Zoro.

He seems like a wanted suspect! Please tell me. What is he?

O: So you found it. You got me. He exists. He certainly does.
His name is Mikio Itoo (pronounced E-2), and he's a quick draw. The characters in "Butsu Zone" (Which was drawn by "Sandan Takei" (aka Takei Hiroyuki), who is currently drawing "Shaman King" for Jump, and "Rurouni Kenshin" called "Mikio Itou" who were traveling actors are actually the same person. Let's just say he's a "fellow runner in the wilderness". How many times has he saved our lives with his covering fire? Maybe sometime soon, he will reveal himself to you all. "

you can go back to http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/10/ the poster is on the 3rd panel behind the first mate ( not sure if he really is first mate but thats what it says on SBS)