PDA

View Full Version : WB in war with the WG?

DutchPhoenix
May 17, 2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/499/02/

is white beard maybe attacking the WG to free ace?

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/

the trigger they talking about is ace being captured,
wich makes WB attack the WG?

discuss

LoS
May 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
The trigger refers to the "great" incident. What about WB attacking the WG would be "great"?

Sure he is a pirate and is already against the WG, so what could he do to be a "great" incident. If WB frees Ace from Impel Down like everyone believes what makes that so much more "great" than luffy freeing Robin from Enies Lobby?

The two incidents would be eerily similar, in fact nearly the same. The only difference is one is a bit harder to break in or out, and there would most likely be stronger people involved in the defense and break out.

Also wouldnt you think Shakky would have outright told Luffy that White Beard was trying to free one of his crew members from Impel Down of all places?

If WB were in fact attempting just this I am fairly certain she(Shakky) would have either mentioned WB's name, because currently he is infamous and widely considered the strongest pirate currently, or she would have mentioned what WB was attempting.

I feel she(Shakky) would have mentioned the fact that WB was attempting to break into Impel Down, why because of the sheer audacity of the act. Impel Down is a place to be feared for pirates, and not only that, one of them is trying to break in, not out, which is even more ludicrous.

But then again when you put your mind to what could occupy that marines time, the possibilities are either this WB act, or something Dragon is involved in.

Imitorar
May 18, 2008, 12:09 AM
Like nearly everybody else, I say this is either the work of Whitebeard or Dragon. I would go with Whitebeard, though, since it seems like the events surrounding Ace are gonna cause big waves in the world of One Piece, and this would be the second step of that, the first being Blackbeard becoming a Shichibukai. Also, from the translation, it seemed like Shakky was intentionally avoiding telling the Straw Hats what was happening, and if it is Whitebeard rescuing Ace, then that's probably because she doesn't want Luffy to join the rescue effort, either because she doesn't want him to get in a fight that's out of his league, or to minimize the even greater impact of this event if Luffy were to join with Whitebeard in an attack on Impel Down. He wouldn't go, but Shakky probably doesn't know Luffy well enough to know that. Dragon is a possibility, but since we've had so many references to the huge effects of Ace's capture, I think it's more likely that this "situation" is related to that.

LoS
May 18, 2008, 12:15 AM
So you are saying that Shakky knows Ace is Luffys brother? No one knows that except for Garp/Smoker and those who traveled with Ace and Luffy.

gfire2
May 18, 2008, 04:33 AM
i believe whitebeard is more of a person that says this:

"if u lose and get captured its ur own fault and u wont be expecting me to help u "

im a more of a luffy pwning every1 guy so i tend to believe luffy will be the 'event'

LoS
May 18, 2008, 05:17 AM
i believe whitebeard is more of a person that says this:

"if u lose and get captured its ur own fault and u wont be expecting me to help u "

So if your son was captured/imprisoned and you were a very powerful man who is completely against the law you would not try to get him out? Remember each one of WB crew members are like sons to him.

gfire2
May 18, 2008, 06:27 AM
no thats my interpretation of WB a strong but wise men, if one got captured he wouldnt to risk others

Imitorar
May 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
I... have to disagree with your interpretation of Whitebeard. He seemed pretty hellbent on avenging Thatch, even taking huge risks with Ace. I doubt he would do any less for Ace, which is why Shanks tried to have him call Ace off.

So you are saying that Shakky knows Ace is Luffys brother? No one knows that except for Garp/Smoker and those who traveled with Ace and Luffy.

Ah, good point there. I admit, I hadn't thought of that. I suppose she might know, somehow, maybe by guessing through the D., or it was announced in the newspapers or something (and Luffy doesn't know, because he doesn't read them.) Garp can't have told her, since she quit pirating before Ace was born (probably before Dragon was much more then a baby). I don't think any of those answers are very satisfying, though, so I'll need to rethink my answer a bit. I'll post it when I work things out.

kkck
May 18, 2008, 09:52 PM
WB fighting WG was the first thing that came to my mind when shakky said that there was a big incident. Also the timing for this event is excellent because we all know that the strawhat crew will at some point in the story beat up a bunch of nobles. The almirals being concerned with some big incident would give the strawhats the perfect opening in order to scape the island they are in know.

LoS
May 19, 2008, 12:07 AM
There are tons of signs and assumptions that point to WB being this disturbance, but if indeed WB is responsible for this disturbance how does that affect the other Younkou?

If WB shortly abandons his post, that give the other 3 Younkou a chance to progress further in the New World in an attempt to reach the last Island.

DutchPhoenix
May 19, 2008, 05:47 AM
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8NOatE11GU&eurl=http://video.google.nl/videosearch?q=buggy+ace&hl=nl&sitesearch=

whitebeard will always avenge his nakama

look at 4 mins +

DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA
May 21, 2008, 09:30 PM
i have high expectations for my fav character Dragon in this matter, i believe hes role will start soon. i dont see WB just abandoning aceand i dont think hes gonna start a war with WG either, he'll probebly negotiate with them or send them a truce...

Mische
May 27, 2008, 06:23 PM
I also go with it either being WB or Dragon. I agree with Imitorar that after the fight BB vs. Ace a respond from Wb is most likely. He send him on that mission not listening to shanks who warned him. He will feel guilty for him being captured. Impossible that he isn´t gonna do anything about it.

In a way i also agree with Los that its not such a big incident if he freed him and afterwards the balance shifts back. It would be a great incident though if he failes or even looses his life . I don´t know if oda would go that far though.

Of course a possible fight would be BB -WB although it seems quite early for BB to reach a level like that.But that he knows Wb isn´t smth that is good for WB at all. BB said to ace before the fight that he will become pirate king and already has a plan how to do so. When he became shichibiki i thought thatwhat he meant was to go after luffy to give him to the WG as a proof for him being capable for this position. But its obvious that he wants more. He wants to fight WB. Shanks said so on WB´s ship.

The result out of that would be that world balance would shift and that Wb´s part of the New world would most likely leave a vacuum that would draw in all kinds of strong pirates, marines. Mix that up with the Sh´s and spice it with some supernovas and you will get a nice little coktail.

LoS
May 27, 2008, 06:41 PM
I dont see the Supernovas as anything special in the New World. Although, this is the "next" generation of pirates, I dont believe many of them will amount to anything.

The biggest implications of WB abandoning his post in the New World to attack impel down are that every other Pirate in the New World will try to seize his vacated area. That will indeed result in many battles and a rush for Raftel.

Razh
May 29, 2008, 05:02 AM
WB will probably fight against WG, since there's no way that he will let one of his men get executed while he does nothing. What kind of a man would he look like then? Remeber that he's too proud to let that slide.
If he does "abandon his post" assuming there is something like that, why wouls other pirates turn against him? If there is a war, than World Balance is gone, and sooner or later everyone will get involved. Pirates will, being what they are, more likely fight against WG with WB than try to stab him in the back.
What would happen if WB lost against WG? That's one emperor less. What happens to the balance then? The weight shifts to the side of WG. I don't think any of the other emeprors are foolish enough to let that happen. Not Shanks at least. Can't speak for the other 2.

added spoiler tags for the part which was referring to lastest chapter spoiler ~koenosaki

LoS
May 29, 2008, 06:16 AM
If he does "abandon his post" assuming there is something like that, why wouls other pirates turn against him? If there is a war, than World Balance is gone, and sooner or later everyone will get involved. Pirates will, being what they are, more likely fight against WG with WB than try to stab him in the back.
What would happen if WB lost against WG?

Well they are pirates after all, the rules go out the books with them, because there are none.

It is not a "War" per-se, but so far more of a personal vendetta started by WB. Remember these pirates all want to be "King of the Pirates." And you know what would make it much easier for them to get that title? Having thier biggest competition/strongest opponent taken out somehow/someway or another, and that someone is WB.

Sure some pirates care about WB and will help him take down the WG, but there are also cut throat pirates who will do anything to see themselves gain the most out of the situation.

Its not like any of the pirates are willing to actually stab him in the back by fighting or going up against him personally, they are either too scared of him, or smart enough to realize the end result would not be good for them personally. Instead the pirates will do the next best thing and not give him aid/assistance.

Koen
May 29, 2008, 06:46 AM
Guys don't forget to put spoiler tags when referring to latest chapter spoiler ~koenosaki

Razh
May 29, 2008, 06:54 AM
@LoS:
It is a personal vendetta but it will easilly become a war. Especiailly since WB has a huge influence and rules over a huge part of the sea.
You make it seem like all that every pirate wants is a title of a Pirate King. Sure, lot of them do. But I don't think they are blinded by their desire.
I mean, come on. You really think that WB's rivals think of him as the bigger threat than WG?
The next best thinf is not to give him an assistance? What sense does that make?
He's possibly a strongest Yonkou. Most famous and most respected at the very least. If he falls against WG, not only will the Balance shift to the side of WG and Shichibukai, but a lot of pirates will be demoralized and scared. The strongest man, a man who fought the Pirate King evenly has lost against marines...
I think each of the Yonkou knows that they are finished if they start fighting eachother. It's not really a rocket science.

LoS
May 29, 2008, 07:02 AM
I think you are blowing this world balance thing a little out of proportion. Pirates come and they go, simple as that.

The WG is the one who has to fear the Pirates numbers. Because it is their duty to curtail lawlessness and bring justice to the world. So, naturally the WG would want to ensure that they had equal or better standing in power and numbers than the Pirates.

The pirates just do their best to avoid those who enforce the law, the WG, as does any common criminal.

Razh
May 29, 2008, 07:25 AM
I think you are blowing this world balance thing a little out of proportion. Pirates come and they go, simple as that.

Lol. I'll have to remeber this one. I'm blowing World Balance out of proportion?
Then what's up with WG having an urgent meeting right after Crocodile has fallen, to find someone to replace him? What's up with WG trying to stop a meeting between Shanks and WB?
Boy that WG sure gets easilly frightened by tiny shifts in balance. What's up with that Oda guy?

LoS
May 29, 2008, 07:45 AM
Boy that WG sure gets easilly frightened by tiny shifts in balance.

Take the Schibi's at face value. What immediate impact do they serve? Sure some, and by some I mean one or two, of them occasionally go to a meeting when the WG calls, but it is not like they are bending to their every whim.

BB for instance still has an incredible urge to make himself the Pirate King. And does that serve the WG's goals? Not in the slightest, but hey I guess the more Pirates he takes out on his way no big deal right, sheesh.

The world govt is soooo worried about balance they have not promoted Garp to Admiral to tip the tides in their favor. It is the Navy and WG's job to detain the lawbreaking pirates, not let them sit at their leisure. Why be so hellbent on maintaining balance, why not try and tip the balance scale in your favor? Oh thats right, we want absolutely nothing to happen. We want no one to gain or lose power, we want everything to just stay peachy and boring. Yeah right, any govt' will always try and have the upper hand when it comes to facing criminals.
[hr]
you make it sound like some boring game of see-saw where they are trying to keep it in the middle. Thats asinine, both sides want to win and stomp down on the opposition.

Razh
May 29, 2008, 08:18 AM
Of course they would tip the scales in their favour if they could. But if they try, they could loose. Why do you think WG struggles so hard to maintain the balance?

Don't you remeber what the original purpose of the Shichibukai was?
Right now, they don't really care about WG, but they aren't their enemies either, which helps a lot.
WG doesm't really know anything about BB's goals. I doubt it he informed them of his intentions.
Why do you mention Garp? Aren't there already 3 admirals? And isn't he doing a good job being "only" a vice-admiral?

Thing is, WG would very gladly gain the upper hand. But thing is, they can't.
What have you been reading? :p

Akainu
May 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
actually winning is not at all costs necessary. in fact the WG might even benefit from the existence of the yonkou ... they even had some sort of truce with WB before Shanks broke through.
in case you ask why that is so:
its easier to keep an eye on few well known pirates who kinda move on well known ground than on hundreds of pirates who break new ground.
furthermore if there are people who "rule" the second part of GL neither those who are not strong enough will become pirate king nor those 4 because they are blocking each other.

LoS
May 29, 2008, 04:34 PM
Thing is, WG would very gladly gain the upper hand. But thing is, they can't.
What have you been reading? :p

Oh I know they would love to do just that, but it irks me that we have not really seen a concerted effort or push on their part to tip the scales. I dont like the WG's attitude to be resolved or resolute in keeping equal standing. Times change, and maybe they should actually try, who knows devious plots and machinations might favor the WG.

Its just I dont like the fact we have not seen an "offensive" front by the WG yet.

Razh
May 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
I think that's because of the Great Age of Pirates. WG now has to worry about the increasing number of pirates and Yonkou on one side, and Revolutionaries on the other.
I think keeping the Balance is everything WG can do without leaving an opening.

Oda has really set interesting times for us. The way he was slowly prepairing everything is really awesome. And this, is in some way, just a beginning.

LoS
May 29, 2008, 05:30 PM
and Revolutionaries on the other.

I absolutely love Oda's style and fluidity, but this is just that. I need to know more about the Revolutionaries, we nearly know next to nothing. I know it is kind of hard to get screen time with them because we are following the SH's, but dont you feel we should be hearing about their(Revs) exploits a bit?

If they are feared, I want to know why. What exactly are they doing?

Razh
May 29, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, we should find out more about them. And I think we won't wait too long for that. Dragon said that the time is near for him and Luffy to meet again, so we only have to hope we won't have to wait too long.

And about what they are doing, I think they are doing the worst possible thing for WG. Turning people in kingdoms around WG. And I think it's probably not always violent either. The more kingdoms they take over, the more people are against WG.

purplerose_04
May 30, 2008, 04:34 PM
well for one thing... i dun get why Ace was capture after the battle w/ blackbeard... wait... is because he fought on par w/ Ace that is why Blackbeard become the new shichibukia? hmm actually it makes sense now...

well rite now i dun think we be finding out the Revolutionaries yet.... i mean w/ everything going on.. it be a while... but i do think that WB will go to war w/ WG though it just too many things going on.. jumping back and forth is kinda hard... but that is wat i love about Oda he doens't just focus on one story.... which makes it more interesting.

DutchPhoenix
May 31, 2008, 02:33 AM
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/885/warfs6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Luckas
May 31, 2008, 05:39 AM
There is a rule that doesn't allow to talk about the latest chapter outside of that chapter discussion thread until the week ends.

Umbra Wolf
May 31, 2008, 10:22 AM
Razh is right as well as LoS is.

But we must not forget recent developments especially the promotion of Black Beard.
I guess WG would think that BB is on equal terms with WB and any other yonkou if they know about his powers to the slightest degree. Even if they don't know about his powers defeating one of WB's division leaders without much effort is a huge sign of tremendous power.
So if WG consider themselves MUCH stronger than the Yonkou why don't take care of them and enforce "justice"?

bittman
June 01, 2008, 08:45 AM
Though the WG have Blackbeard, it would be wrong for the government and marines to rely upon pirates to do their work. I do see Blackbeard fighting Whitebeard, but not because it was planned to be like that. Though it's clearly not obvious to the WG, I think Blackbeard is lining up to be THE major villain of the entire One Piece series. I could try back myself with this a bit more, but the man speaks for himself. He wants to be pirate king, would kill someone for THE fruit, made Shanks cry and is now a Shikabuchi.

But yeah, I doubt WG knows of Blackbeards power but simply saw Ace captured and went "da-yum. You're in!" since I would put Ace on the level of Aokoji (ice admiral). And yeah, the guy who made this thread wins. Tell us what will happen next oh chaneller-of-Oda~

Umbra Wolf
June 01, 2008, 09:16 AM
Well, BB certainly is a power house but we have to question indeed how much they know about him. He might've tell them some (possibly wrong) information on his abillities. We have to remember that the WG grew incredible confident now and we don't what could have give them that boost except BB.

Razh
June 01, 2008, 12:53 PM
Some of the translations of Kuma's text said that Blackbeard has "proven his power", and some say that he "demonstrated his powers".

But I seriously doubt that capturing Ace was all he had to do to be accepted as one of Shichibukai. The position is too important to give it to someone without knowing what the person can do. I think whoever had appointed him wanted to know how exactly he has beaten a logia fruit user.

lordHokage
June 02, 2008, 06:45 PM
If Whitebeard abandons Ace and Dragon, Shanks or anyone else saves him, there would be a war for sure. :D