PDA

View Full Version : Hangout Toriko Hangout Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Finestela
April 20, 2011, 05:43 PM
The ??? part:

Birdmen: Are you... trying to be... cocky...?

It's the same/similar words usually used by Zebra.

Also, it's not "Zebra says that he'll take care of this.", but that "Zebra then rebuked 'those are my words!'".

Koen
April 21, 2011, 06:08 AM
The fact that the appearance of the birdman is sufficient enough to make the salamander sphinx refraining from attacking and crying, is somewhat a disappointing bummer till what happens afterwards.

I sill think that the birdman is after Komatsu because he had his eyes and hands on the book. Damn, I wonder what power Zebra is going to show

Jorge D. Dragon
April 21, 2011, 08:12 AM
The birdmen are really intriguing.:) It would be deffinetly interesting to learn about them in this arc. I actually had an impresion that IGO President knows about these birdmen, cause when Toriko was telling him about the one he saw in the Sky Vegetable Garden he really showed that he knows them with his voice and the face's impresion.
I actually believe that they might be pretty interesting opponents if they are hostile towards humans. And that's why it would be deffinetly interesting to see Toriko and his friends entering the Gourmet World when they will be ready for it finally.
The spoilers are really promising, cause they sow that the chapter will give as a decent fight between Zebra, Toriko and Birdman. Birdmen are really hyped and I hope this one won't be taken down even with combined power of Toriko and Zebra, especially after him bathing in that Cola.:)

jorped
April 21, 2011, 10:49 AM
"Looks like we get to see the true Zebra next week when he pwns the GT Robo."

GT Robo ? is only me the one that is not following it ?

•Sasuke•
April 21, 2011, 11:11 AM
138 full ch scan here (http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=45046319)

Finestela
April 21, 2011, 01:33 PM
lol, looks like that spoiler was fake :P
Typical 2ch anon fake spoilers ;)

jorped
April 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
I was actually believing in it until the part that said that Zebra was going to fight against a GT Robo ! That part didn't make any sense !

I want chapter of Toriko out now !!!! :zomg

This arc is starting to get pretty interesting !!!!

Finestela
April 21, 2011, 05:44 PM
I was actually believing in it until the part that said that Zebra was going to fight against a GT Robo ! That part didn't make any sense !

I want chapter of Toriko out now !!!! :zomg

This arc is starting to get pretty interesting !!!!

That's actually not part of the spoiler/translation, but rather a comment by Demon.

I sort of went "meh" as soon as I see the Birdman talking human.

jorped
April 21, 2011, 06:09 PM
I think that the birdman talking human is indeed something very cool !
They seem to be very advanced creatures so i think it makes completely sense that they can speak human language !

I still haven't check out with very attention the raws cuz i think it will be best if i see the chapter without any kinda of idea of what is really going to happen! But i am expecting a lot from this chapter ! Since i started following it weekly this is probably the week that i am expecting most !
Can't wait to see the chapter out !

aise2i
April 22, 2011, 12:44 AM
Just wondering, are you guys here interested in fake spoilers from 2ch (or other sources) or just real spoilers?

is it gonna be Komatsu's death #2? :o Wasn't expecting that last panel at all.

LoS
April 22, 2011, 04:36 AM
138 color cover

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5200/toriko1.jpg

I wonder if this cover is in part due to color choice the Anime team chose for one of the the GT Robo's in the opening, even though this is a Birdman.

Finestela
April 22, 2011, 05:52 AM
Just wondering, are you guys here interested in fake spoilers from 2ch (or other sources) or just real spoilers?

is it gonna be Komatsu's death #2? :o Wasn't expecting that last panel at all.

If there is a instant translation software that does a perfect translation, I'm sure people would want to read the fake spoilers because some of them are actually pretty entertaining.

However, fact remains that it takes time for someone to translate it, and if it turns out to be fake, there goes the 30 mins or more of the translator's life that was wasted.

cartofipai
April 22, 2011, 09:49 AM
last chapter announced a super project for toriko...wonder what it is

jorped
April 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
chapter out at http://mangastream.com/read/toriko/22667820/1

cartofipai
April 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
btw the spoiler is true

sabret00the
April 22, 2011, 09:59 AM
Wow, what an unexpected chapter. I can say I really didn't expect that in any which way at all. Is that book that valuable?

jorped
April 22, 2011, 10:04 AM
Awesome chapter !!!! Great teamwork those three showed!!!
And Komatsu got stabbed ! :crying
I don't know how they are going to survive this ! Komatsu after this will need most certainly a urgent treatment ! Toriko and Zebra are almost with no energy left ! If they eat the cola probably their cells are going to evolve but for that to happen it will be needed that they are fast doing that cuz their is always the chance of the birdman to attack them! Cuz if not they probably won't have a chance!

Although it is probable that maybe the birdman attacked Komatsu because of the fact that he "stole" that book! The birdman is probably some kinda of guardian so maybe he is not going to attack Toriko and Zebra !

This chapter was awesome!!! Can't wait for the next chapter !!! which will only be in 2 weeks :crying

VashDaStampede
April 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Great chapter!! We would get a cliffhanger like this when there is a break next week. That was superb teamwork by those 3. I kinda want to see what Komatsu could do with all 4 of the Kings. :-)

I hope that cola does re-energize them, because if not and no one else pops up to help, they are in trouble.

It's good to see Komatsu get some confidence but I'm still ready for him to get an upgrade in the physical department (just thinking about Setsuno in Chapter 93).

jorped
April 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
He will !!! I also think that it will come a time that Komatsu will surpass Setsuno ! but for that to happen as you said it will be needed some major improvements on his physical strength

Koen
April 22, 2011, 06:42 PM
Great chapter... This was definitely showing us what use Komatsu will be in the near future. I loved how he led Toriko and Zebra to unfolding the secrets behind the salamander sphinx and the mellow cola. Komatsu is a great asset and I think that Toriko and Zebra can thank him for all this.

I do believe that Komatsu isn't stabbed. I think that the mangaka wants to make us believe that he is stabbed. I think that this happening is some sort of evolution within Komatsu. I think that he is feeling what is about to come. He is probably feeling that the birdman is going to stab him. Remember that Toriko mentioned the sensation of hostility or not? Well, maybe Komatsu is experiencing the feeling of hostility. Toriko and Zebra don't have the power to fight it unless the mellow cola is going to give them a lot of calories.

If Komatsu is stabbed then it might be that the mellow cola can cure him but I'd rather believe that this sensation is a warning to hide asap

@Jorped: thanks for joining the Toriko sig connection

Steiner
April 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Komatsu doesn't have the same evolving cells as Toriko and the others right? If I'm remembering that correctly, this stabbing may be the situation that causes Komatsu to finally receive the cells as a means of healing him. Of course, where he would get the cells in the middle of nowhere is a different matter unless Toriko and/or Zebra have a way of infusing him with some of their own cells.

saladesu
April 23, 2011, 03:09 AM
Zebra: "Making beasts cry is my specialty!" :rofl

The scene where Komatsu has Toriko and Zebra in his hands as "utensils" and the whole idea of it was cool. It was an interesting way of looking at things! As expected, Komatsu was the key in obtaining the mellow cola. That was some amazing team work there, and like others have said, it would be really cool if we could see Sani and Coco added to the mix. They would be quite the combo - the 4 heavenly kings and one amazing chef.

All in all a great and unexpected chapter, both love and hate the cliffhanger :shakefist I think Komatsu did indeed get stabbed, but either the mellow cola will be able to save him, or the book will contain some advanced birdmen medical technology or something. Though the latter would be a moot point if the book were to get taken back by the birdman :sweat

Is the birdman in the second page (the page after the CP) the same one that stabbed Komatsu? Less blood splatters on the one that stabbed Komatsu, but I think they are most likely the same. The way the beast was left decimated on the 2nd page does not bode very well for Komatsu, or even Toriko and Zebra for that matter.

Ooh jorped, that's a really nice sig :hurr *cough*imadeit*cough*

jorped
April 23, 2011, 05:29 AM
love this sign :hurr

Koen's theory is possible of happening ! Most of the times when we get scenes like this on the end of a chapter, the mangakas make us believe that they are in trouble and that the character can eve die , but most of the times that isn't what happens !
It would be awesome if it was Komatsu that felt what was going to happen, but how can Mitsui really explain this ?

I don't think that the birdman will try to attack Toriko and Zebra cuz if he does they will be destroyed i think!
The cola is most likely one ingredient that will make their gourmet cells evolve, so they are going to become much stronger , but they currently are almost with no energy left . I think it will depend in the energy that the cola gives to them !

Koen
April 23, 2011, 05:54 AM
Well, Komatsu isn't common either. He can understand ingredients whereas others can't. The fact that he could understand the content of the book was not because he is a cook only but also because he is Komatsu. I really couldn't believe that another IGO cook would be able to do the same.

There are imo two possibilities:
1. Komatsu has been stabbed by the birdman: then I believe that the mellow cola might be his lifebuoy because of some hidden regenerative powers in the cola
2. Komatsu hasn't been stabbed by the birdman: then I believe that this sensations might come from his curious way of understanding ingredients, etc... The bishoku-ya have each a superhuman sense Toriko (smell), Coco (vision), Sani (Touch) and Zebra (hearing). Well, this might be a far fetched prediction but what if Komatsu has some superhuman Taste and what if it is his taste that is the sense which is warning him for an upcoming assault.

Anyway, I think that the birdman is after Komatsu because of the book he has. Those birdmen are also fascinating since they can get to their older selves due to food/ingredients

Jorge D. Dragon
April 23, 2011, 06:03 AM
The chapter was pretty good.:) Even though I don't get that actual importance of Komatsu as a part of the team while they are actually fighting.:) I can understand that he can cook damn good, but to lead two experienced Bishokuyas... it's a bit overstreched.
Even though it was good to see that Toriko and Zebra finally managed to make that Spinx cry. The cliffhanger was shocking. I believe that Komatsu won't die. Actually I agree with people who are saying that that's a good posibility for Komatsu to get Gourmet Cells if he is actually injured.
Also there is a posibility of him filling hostility towards him from the Birdman.
Also I believe that both Toriko and Zebra will develop their Gourmet Cells in the next chapter by drinking Mellow Cola.:)

I actually fill that the next chapter will be even more epic that the current and for this we should wait for two weeks.:)

fizban
April 23, 2011, 03:46 PM
I wonder if Zebra will add the Mellow Cola to his full course menu. We have yet to see what he has on it, but he's gone through quite a lot just to have a taste of this ingredient.

Komatsu was pretty cool this chapter. I liked that the cookbook wasn't just giving him all the answers, but forced him to hone his ability to hear the voices of ingredients. That's part of what has made Setsuno a powerful chef, and it will definitely do the same for our plucky little guy. He just needs to, you know, stop getting killed or coming close.

Koen
April 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
I wonder if Zebra will add the Mellow Cola to his full course menu. We have yet to see what he has on it, but he's gone through quite a lot just to have a taste of this ingredient.

Komatsu was pretty cool this chapter. I liked that the cookbook wasn't just giving him all the answers, but forced him to hone his ability to hear the voices of ingredients. That's part of what has made Setsuno a powerful chef, and it will definitely do the same for our plucky little guy. He just needs to, you know, stop getting killed or coming close.

Nice one, I totally forgot Setsuno. She is "merely" a cook but a cook who had the strength to scare alfaro due to her immense aura which broke his plates/weapons. She is the perfect example for the potential that Komatsu has hence why I believe that Komatsu might have a superhuman sense, taste, without knowing at this moment. Or even better, who doesn't say that the cooks like Setsuno evolve all their sense to a maximal extent

I agree that Zebra should put mellow cola on its full course menu and as a surprise, it should be his first course :D Wouldn't that be great: coco, sani and toriko with some courses while zebra still has nothing on it :p

Jorge D. Dragon
April 24, 2011, 07:12 AM
I think it would be great for Komatsu to try to train in swordsmanship, cause now he has maybe one of the best knifes in the whole world and that's why he might have a good chance to become a match to some good level opponents. At least for opponents of 7-10 capture level.
Also I believe that Setsuno has Gourmet Cells, so to become relevant fighter in distant future he needs them.

saladesu
April 24, 2011, 08:55 AM
Hmm, I can't really imagine Komatsu being a swordsman... He may have an excellent knife in his possession, but it just strikes me as off to think of Komatsu using that knife in such a way. I'd rather he be like Setsuno, using his aura rather than some tangible and physical ability. Like Koen, I also see Setsuno as the epitome of the potential a chef has in terms of "fighting" ability, and definitely a target I hope to see Komatsu achieve. Komatsu already bested her in some aspects, being able to come up with the Century Soup must faster than she and even completing it, so it would not be too much of a stretch to imagine Komatsu besting her all around in time to come :tem

jorped
April 24, 2011, 11:00 AM
I think that D. Dragon has a good point ! I can be wrong, but did we ever so someone that is very strong but doesn't possess any Gourmet Cells ?

I don't remember that we saw! By the way Setsuno on Toriko wiki is said to have gourmet cells.

So the question here is if you think it is possible for someone without Gourmet cells to be this powerful or you think that Komatsu will have gourmet cells at some point of the story ?

Jorge D. Dragon
April 24, 2011, 11:41 AM
I actually believe that it won't be posible for Komatsu to surpass Setsuno in terms of fighting without Gourmet Cells and also without using his new knife. He is damn weak now. He can't even take the capture level 1 beasts, so without Gourmet Cells and his fine knife he can't best her, cause she is way above Toriko now and Toriko is way above the majority of profesional Bishokuyas with Gourmet Cells.

Komatsu can be good at cooking, but it absolutely isn't connected to fighting. Also Setsuna's aura is connected to her being strong as a fighter and of course Komatsu won't obtain such level of aura unless he will get Gourmet Cells and be trained by strong fighters like IGO President or other top of the Worlde.

jorped
April 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah and i think that Komatsu become stronger is a must!!

Toriko and Komatsu will end entering the Gourmet World and although Toriko on that time will be pretty strong i doubt that even him can protect Komatsu from everything !
Komatsu has to stop relaying so much on Toriko and improve his fighting skills ! And i think that for someone as Komatsu , an high level cook he should definitely start to improve his skills with that awesome knife ! As we see that knife as incredible powers and so although it can happen , i am not only expecting to see Komatsu use it to cook

saladesu
April 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't see Komatsu becoming stronger than Setsuno any time soon, but it's definitely something that I think/hope will happen by the end of the manga, after much training and real-life experience.

It would be pretty hard, I suppose, unless Komatsu gets some gourmet cells later on. But, I was also thinking that perhaps, since all along Komatsu has been portrayed as someone very intrinsically special (despite not having gourmet cells), perhaps he may not need gourmet cells to become strong. Or, another wild theory... Perhaps now that he's injured, he might have some gourmet cells implanted into him (how? I don't know...). He's gonna need them anyway, and now that he's injured, it seems like it could be a good time.

Also, I still don't like the idea of using Melk's knife in combat... Maybe it's just me but I kinda feel like it would be wrong to brandish it in battle when it was made to be used in a kitchen :s But then again, with how Komatsu was directing Toriko and Zebura to defeat the beast and it was like preparing an ingredient (tenderizing the meat etc), it could well happen... I just, personally, don't really like the idea of it :XD

jorped
April 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
But what use would be that knife of?
Although it is always possible that it will appear some ingredients that will need a good knife in order to get good results, and so that knife can have a important jobs on those times.

I also don't think that Komatsu is going to be as strong as Setsuno very soon ,cuz if that happened it would be needed some ridiculous power up , even if for example he trained without stop for long time ! Komatsu right now is still very weak , i still can't see him defeating for example a beast level 2 and i think i am being very generous saying that. of course that it would be different if he used knife!

I think that it isn't possible for him to become someone very strong without Gourmet cells and i think that that is nothing wrong with it !
Seeing Komatsu becoming close to Toriko in strength someday would be a little embarrassing for Toriko i think , that during his all life didn't do nothing more than hunting beast and therefore becoming stronger and that at the same time had gourmet cells.
So putting Komatsu a lot strong without him having gourmet cells would ruin a bit in my opinion cuz it mean that for that he didn't needed as time and the cells to become very strong , and on the contrary side would be Toriko that has been "training" for long time and has gourmet cells.

•Sasuke•
April 30, 2011, 08:46 AM
TORIKO 139 9 PICS

CLICK HERE to watch (http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=45177106&p=316316553)

Credits manyou

Koen
April 30, 2011, 08:50 AM
So Komatsu was truly stabbed by the birdman's mouth. There goes my theory but you can clearly see that Zebra doesn't like what the birdman did to Komatsu. This is truly a terrific, angry face he is showing. So Toriko and Zebra against the birdman. I am looking forward to this match

saladesu
April 30, 2011, 09:20 AM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: Manyou, MH
Credits: ??, saladesu

Toriko and Zebura are fighting the birdman
Komatsu coughs blood after being stabbed
Birdman becomes super muscular! He has many teeth covering the entire rough of his mouth and even below his tongue
Zebura says that Komatsu is indeed the reward he wanted, and laments that Komatsu has "met such an end", then rages that the mellow cola got stolen/taken ("WHO THE HELL AND WHERE THE HELL IS THE GUY WHO TOOK THE MELLOW COLA?!")...
Zebra and Toriko were already out of energy
Zebra turned that rage of his into energy, got back to max energy
Meanwhile Toriko induced autophagy and also got back to max energy
They head towards the super muscular birdman
Toriko uses 17-ren, Zebra uses a new technique "Meteor Noise"
[hr]
Definitely interesting. So Komatsu was indeed stabbed. Cool that Zebra could actually change his rage into energy. Meteor Noise also looks pretty interesting, though I can't really see much of what is going on.

The super muscular birdman is kinda scary :s I always thought extremely muscular men looked kinda gross, but extremely muscular birdmen... :sweatdrop Nonetheless it looks to be a pretty cool chapter, can't wait to see Toriko+Zebra VS Birdman!

Jorge D. Dragon
May 01, 2011, 05:05 AM
So Komatsu is stabbed for real. Poor Komatsu...
But still I believe that it's the thing that will make both Toriko and Zebra develop greatly in order to teach that Birdman a lesson. As we are seeing they are evolving and getting new attacks (like Zebra) or developing their old attacks (like Toriko) and now they actually have a chance to beat this Birdman.
Alsoit's really interestinf what happened to the Mellow Cola. Did Birdman drink it?

LoS
May 01, 2011, 07:22 PM
Chapter is out in Chinese thanks to Manyou

Can download here. (http://www.filesonic.com/file/884456111/Toriko_139.zip)

I don't know the language, but this chapter has some absolutely epic reveals, and character introductions.

k-dom
May 02, 2011, 03:22 PM
So will komatsu be a partner for both Zebra and Toriko ?
And I'm wondering how they will get back the Cola, will they make the bird puke it ? Could that be linked to the fact that the bird is linked to God ?

Koen
May 02, 2011, 05:04 PM
Cool chapter but I would have likened this to be more focused on the discovery of the birdman. Those pages were imo most interesting because it explained some connection between Akashia, the birdmen and the discovery of God. Loved that huge page, took an avatar of it

Well, I wonder what the last untold condition was? It might be related to what happened now and maybe it is that missed opportunity for Zebra. But never say never, our trio might be so popular that readers want Zebra in the story as much as possible.

Yeah, I think they have to. It is what they came for but I do hope that this cola is very rare. Compare it like a plant that grows max once in 10 year. Maybe the birdmen have a strong preference towards very rare, exclusive ingredients hence the mellow cola might be one like that

Salce
May 02, 2011, 09:51 PM
Akashia is so cool, I want to know more about him.

But I think that if Ichiryu was his best pupil, it was only because of his attitude. I'm sure than The Boss is stronger than Ichiryu.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 02, 2011, 11:25 PM
And now this is what I call damn great chapter!
It was really unexpected to learn that Komatsu promised to become Zebra's partner, but actually it would be cool to see Komatsu being partner-cook for two of the Four Heavingly Kings.:)
And the most interesting part of the chapter obviously was the revelations about the Birdmen. As I thought Ichiruy knows about them. They surely are powerful and very intelligent, so they will become another opponents for Toriko and his friends as much as those Bishokukay.:)
The next chapter we are deffinetly going to see some insane fight.:) I believe that now Toriko and Zebra have a chance to take this Birdman down, cause they can combine their power.
The only problem will be Komatsu. To make him survive this wound they will need to insert Gourmet Cells in him, cause there are not any doctors in surroundings for sure.

ownage404
May 02, 2011, 11:31 PM
My theory on the last condition Komatsu made with Zebra is that he asked him to join their team
With how I saw the conversation going back and forth between them with the conditions. this is the only answer I can come up with.
I think it's about time that the president of IGO sort of explained some stuff to Toriko? I mean when he comes back, he has to go talk to him about the beast he saw twice in his effort to become stronger. If not then probably before he enters the Gourmet World will these birdman beasts be explained more thoroughly

nightshade_nova
May 03, 2011, 02:38 AM
Wow it hit me now.God is actually that birdman thing, rather an old one at that.Just think about it.The birdman could be a being as smart as human, at least in hunting foods, and they could also have gourmet cells like Toriko has.

So, my theory is that God is an experienced birdman,(might be the king/clan leader of the birdman) who ate a hell fucking lot of high lvl food and its body evolved so much cos it has gourmet cells, they tasted fucking delicious.

Or the birdman is just a low lvl minions that hunt the food for this "god" to eat.And there are like other creatures more high lvl than the birdman that also work to feed this "god".(the theory that god has gourmet cells that becomes delicious as it eats more still applies here)

The name god might come from the fact that he's on top of the food chain.He'll eat the birdmen if they dont feed him or something.

LoS
May 03, 2011, 03:22 AM
I am not trying to knock your theories, since translations might not be completely accurate, but no where in this chapter does it give credence to those ideas. In fact it is rather quite the opposite.

The birdman possesses hints/clues on how to obtain the top of the line food item, "god." He was able to obtain that item by observing the birdmen.

Now, I am not saying your ideas are wrong, just that no where in the chapter does it state that they themselves are part of the ingredient god.

saladesu
May 03, 2011, 03:45 AM
Interesting that Komatsu actually "agreed" to become Zebra's partner, though there is still that untold condition that we don't know yet, which could make the entire "agreement" moot. Komatsu would definitely never betray Toriko, so I think I agree with ownage404 that the final condition has something to do with joining them as a team or otherwise binding Zebra such that Komatsu can serve both Toriko and Zebra.

I also didn't foresee that it was the cola that was what made the birdman so muscular. Perhaps this cola will be able to revitalize/cure Komatsu.

jorped
May 03, 2011, 10:30 AM
Akashia is so cool, I want to know more about him.

But I think that if Ichiryu was his best pupil, it was only because of his attitude. I'm sure than The Boss is stronger than Ichiryu.

I can't agree more with you ! Although this isn't nothing more than opinions and "predictions" i think that that is indeed why Akashia choose Ichiryu over the Boss of Bishoku-kai! I think this is similar to what happened in Naruto! The Six Path Sage didn't make his choice based on the strength but in the personality of his two pupils.
And so i can't stop to think that this is the same case!

And now this is what I call damn great chapter!
It was really unexpected to learn that Komatsu promised to become Zebra's partner, but actually it would be cool to see Komatsu being partner-cook for two of the Four Heavingly Kings.
And the most interesting part of the chapter obviously was the revelations about the Birdmen. As I thought Ichiruy knows about them. They surely are powerful and very intelligent, so they will become another opponents for Toriko and his friends as much as those Bishokukay.
The next chapter we are deffinetly going to see some insane fight. I believe that now Toriko and Zebra have a chance to take this Birdman down, cause they can combine their power.
The only problem will be Komatsu. To make him survive this wound they will need to insert Gourmet Cells in him, cause there are not any doctors in surroundings for sure.

Yeah i agree with you , this chapter was so awesome :zomg
I am expecting to see how Mitsutoshi is going to handle this all situation between Zebra and Komatsu , that also affects Toriko. I think that it wouldn't be bad if for now on Zebra joined the group , but i am still not very sure about this possibility !
But Zebra would definitely be a huge help for Toriko and Komatsu cuz the Gourmet World is something that is indeed very terrifying and with Zebra strength it would definitely raise their chances of surviving there !
About the Birdmen , if Akashia decided to study them and gave then to Ichiryu the same task , i think that although he could have done this only in order to get to know more about and also discover more secrets foods and stuff like that , i think that if he didn't fight with them that happens because he probably though that although they are strong he was more ! And the same happens with Ichiryu ! I think he wouldn't give to his pupil a task of observing a animal that is powerful than him!
So that gives to us maybe a hint that Zebra and Toriko together might have a chance against the Birdmen ! But i think it will be extremely difficult !
But in the end i think that the Birdmen will leave and they will survive !
How the hell are Toriko and Zebra now going to eat the Cola ? :crying
I was expecting to see an evolution of their gourmet cells :crying
And how the hell komatsu is going to survive ? As already some people said he will probably have inject in his body gourmet cells!

Can't wait for the next chapter :zomg

k-dom
May 03, 2011, 01:23 PM
Do you think that the bird can have some gourmet cell too ? That would explain his transformation. What puzzled me is that this one behave completely differently from the one in the sky which was rather pacific and I don't think it is due to the book

Koen
May 03, 2011, 05:08 PM
Do you think that the bird can have some gourmet cell too ? That would explain his transformation. What puzzled me is that this one behave completely differently from the one in the sky which was rather pacific and I don't think it is due to the book

Well the one in the sky might be the one which was closed up in the prison when it was young. Toriko wiki mentions this a prediction but for some reason I totally missed a reference of a birdman being locked up in a human world prison (honey prison?). Hence why it could be very different

I think that this might be very possible. It has always intrigued that the cells are named to the part of the world in which human life is almost impossible, gourmet world. Gourmet cells must have a connection with the ingredients and I wouldn't be surprised if the ingredients in the gourmet world would be better suited for it. Yeah, the chances are very likely that the fast body regeneration and growth has a link with "gourmet" cells

ownage404
May 03, 2011, 09:36 PM

Yes i do think that it has gourmet cells because when it drank the cola it powered up the same way as Toriko does when his cells evolve(you know get all buff and stuff)
I don't know, no real explanation for why the other one was so passive and this one is an OJ Simpson. I guess it could be two reason:
1. These bird things act differently just the other people with the gourmet cells like the four heavonly kings. I mean they all do have distinct traits right? Still this is a pretty weak argument.
2.Most believable one. It was just hungry :p loool. Look at how it was before. it was starved like shit so it had to attack them to get the cola because he needs to be rejuvenated

LoS
May 04, 2011, 02:50 AM
You know what just suddenly, well dawned on is not the appropriate term, but what struck me as odd?

Is that Toriko from the onset of this entire manga is world renowned and extremely famous, and in fact on of the most famous food hunters in the world, and thought of as one of the most powerful figures in the present world. Isn't this odd considering at the start of the series he had his hands more than full with the Devil Snake, a creature just at level 21?

He certainly has discovered plenty of ingredients and such, but in the process he must not have come across any beasts at this level or higher. And as we can see from later in the story how he starts adapting and coping with extreme environments Toriko also didn't subject himself to such extreme conditions in order to make his discoveries.

I guess until we get backstory we will never really know.

Salce
May 04, 2011, 10:12 PM
Maybe there are not many powerful bishokuya.
Even not being as strong as now, Toriko was really strong compared to others bishokuya at the start of the manga.
Also he was the pupil of IGO president, probably the people in human world knows that.

Koen
May 05, 2011, 06:59 AM
Well, you can count the strong bishokuya on two hands whereas you can't count weak ones on your two hands if we go by the century soup arc. The four heavenly kings have a famous appearance because of their strength, their achievements and their mentor being one of Akashia's pupils and IGO president Ihciryuu. BUT I think there are definitely interesting Bishokuya such as Takimaru and his idol/leader Aimaru. Match was only the vice chief of the gourmet Yakuza. I wouldn't be surprised if other great characters are currently hiding.

There's also other functions with a different role who seems to be very strong too. Eg. the Saisieya such as Teppei and his master Yosaku who is acquainted with Ryuu, the boss of the Gourmet Yakuza, and Ichiryuu, the President of IGO.

I think that there is really more people with potential who are hiding.

But I am think that the combo Bishokuya, Saseiya and a cook is the best combo to explore the gourmet world

For some reason I believe that a Bishokuya like Zebra could be more helpful with a Saseiya like Yosaku/Teppei and/or a cook like Sestuno/Komatsu than with another Bishokuya like Toriko and co

Btw,

Who is your most favourite character? What would you like to be? Saseiya? Bishokuya? Cook?

•Sasuke•
May 11, 2011, 04:00 AM
TORIKO 140 SPOIILERS

http://thumbnails26.imagebam.com/13177/3da74a131763086.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3da74a131763086) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/13177/4b99fd131763094.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4b99fd131763094) http://thumbnails41.imagebam.com/13177/6947f7131763101.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6947f7131763101)

eclipse12
May 11, 2011, 01:59 PM
Nice by the looks of it the birdman has the upper hand in the beginning but the tables turn with a barrage of attaks.

•Sasuke•
May 11, 2011, 02:29 PM
by the way the full ch scan is out
http://bbs.52manyou.com/read.php?tid=40521

if this take too long
mirror
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=45394218

obamamania
May 11, 2011, 06:44 PM
God, that was a pretty vicious fight, thank god it wasn't too one sided where the birdman completely kicks ass and then gets defeated with one all out double team. It was a pretty back and forth melee, only proving how dangerous those things are considering that this one is probably low tier compared to ones they'll have to deal with later. Nice chapter.

LoS
May 11, 2011, 09:56 PM
Bad thing is, there are still tons more coffins left unopened, presumably filled with more birdmen. Although, this arc won't have them face more.

obamamania
May 11, 2011, 11:56 PM
Well, this one was powered up from the cola, the others won't have that advantage. Plus if many more show up, the chances of someone intervening is extremely likely.

Zatono
May 12, 2011, 12:57 AM
Well, this one was powered up from the cola, the others won't have that advantage. Plus if many more show up, the chances of someone intervening is extremely likely.

Well to be fair, this one may have been weakened from age and all that. It didn't even have hair on its body like the others do.

obamamania
May 12, 2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I said in my spoiler tags that this one is probably low tier compared to ones they'll see later. I meant by others the ones in the coffins. I still don't see how they could face literally anything else at this point though, between both fights they shouldn't have much power left.

VashDaStampede
May 12, 2011, 03:08 PM
There's nothing like a good battle! I can't wait for the translation to come out. I agree with everyone else. It looks like this guy was the "boss battle" for this arc. If there's anything else that comes at them, the only thing I can see happening is someone intervening or they somehow squeeze out another round of Melo Cola and get a 3rd power up. But that would be a little over kill (I would still enjoy it though :amuse )

I wonder how strong the ones in the Gourmet world are...

Also...
Does anyone know what the last couple of pages say? It looks like we here what Komatsu's final condition was. I'm guessing they become a 3 man team seeing as it came up right after Zebra did a combo move with Toriko

Zatono
May 12, 2011, 06:17 PM
That team would be near perfect if Terry joined it.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/hm.png

Koen
May 12, 2011, 06:30 PM
I agree Zatono. I really hope that we will see more Terry in the near future. She is a battle wolf which is to be said a legendary animal. She'd be a great asset with Toriko and Komatsu. She could definitely help out Komatsu in the recent case (birdman), knowing she would have sensed the danger

VashDaStampede
May 12, 2011, 08:09 PM
Wow, I almost forgot about Terry. Not to mention the Obsaurus. Yeah, Terry is due for some action. We might see him in the next arc.

BabyAnderson
May 12, 2011, 08:49 PM
Excellent chapter. IMO this IS how all manga battles should be. Just brawl it out and stop talking and thinking so much.

Unfortunately, I think birdman is still too much for Zebra and Toriko to handle. Someone will need to appear for backup. Just like how Teppai finished off Tommyrod in the end.
[hr]

There's nothing like a good battle! I can't wait for the translation to come out. I agree with everyone else. It looks like this guy was the "boss battle" for this arc. If there's anything else that comes at them, the only thing I can see happening is someone intervening or they somehow squeeze out another round of Melo Cola and get a 3rd power up. But that would be a little over kill (I would still enjoy it though :amuse )

I wonder how strong the ones in the Gourmet world are...

Also...
Does anyone know what the last couple of pages say? It looks like we here what Komatsu's final condition was. I'm guessing they become a 3 man team seeing as it came up right after Zebra did a combo move with Toriko

Basically on the last two pages, komatsu says he has another condition for him joining Zebra, that is, Zebra must try his best to support Toriko. Zebra at the end says that's the promise and bullshit like lying is not something he would do.

Ero-Sanji
May 13, 2011, 01:47 PM
Excellent chapter. IMO this IS how all manga battles should be. Just brawl it out and stop talking and thinking so much.

Unfortunately, I think birdman is still too much for Zebra and Toriko to handle. Someone will need to appear for backup. Just like how Teppai finished off Tommyrod in the end.

Agreed, this chapter was an ideal one. Just plain brilliant. However, I think they got the birdman, lizardman... Dinosaur? They at least earned it but the thing that concerns me the most is the deal that Zebra made with Komatsu and how Toriko will react to it.

k-dom
May 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
since next chapter is conclusion, I think the bird is definitively out. The only question is how they will get more cola from the lion monster.
They cannot do it without Komatsu so I hope he is still conscious

Koen
May 13, 2011, 02:34 PM
Great chapter just because this fight didn't have useless chats during the fight. The birdmen wasn't easy to deal with since it learned the kugi punch very fast. This is already giving us a brief idea of what we can expect if they face the birdmen later on again. The arc is coming to a conclusion and it will probably centre around Komatsu's situation

Btw, anyone who dares to make a guess about the big announcement?

fizban
May 13, 2011, 02:41 PM
Big announcement is tough. I mean, it already has a 3D movie AND an anime. Maybe a video game? We've got enough characters introduced now to do a fighting game.

Great chapter. Cool to see how Toriko and Zebra are able to fight together. Maybe at some point down the line we'll get to see all four of the Heavenly Kings do a group attack. They apparently used to work closer together, so that might account for how they got to be famous before they got the power-ups from the food we've seen so far.

The actual birdmen must be impossibly strong if the two of them struggled so much against a mummified one. There was something grotesque and kind of adorable about the young birdman. If it was a Pokémon I'd have to have one.

VashDaStampede
May 13, 2011, 02:59 PM
If the announcement is a video game then I hope it comes to America. The only games we really get based on manga are Naruto games (there are a few others but the majority is Naruto).

Great chapter! Yeah, I think the birdman is done for, but I also think that was a weak one. I'm guessing the next chapter they will give Komatsu some kinda treatment and get out of there. But I want to believe that they will somehow get a little of the Melo Cola and Zebra is gonna put it on his full course menu and that will introduce his menu.

Samui
May 13, 2011, 03:35 PM
About the announcement... I read Kewl's translation and he says "And the long awaited execution of that plan!!"
So I've no idea what it's supposed to mean, but I wouldn't trust MS' translation in this case. They've made a few small mistakes in this chapter, if we compare their translations to Kewl's.

jorped
May 13, 2011, 04:47 PM
Nice chapter , but was hoping for something though -_-;

Nice to finally see what condition Komatsu did with Zebra :tem It seems that for now we are going to see Zebra a lot :zomg
It was epic to see both Zebra and Toriko this "crazy" and mad ! The birdman is so damm awesome :zomg
I think that Toriko and Zebra are not going to managed to kill it , or they have some help or for some reason the Birdman goes away! Maybe some ally of Toriko and Zebra appears :zomg

And i am with the people here that want to see Terry appearing more often :thumbs

LoS
May 13, 2011, 04:58 PM
If they were unable to procure more Melo Cola then I would be all for them eating the Birdman. They are constantly trying to devour more rare food items, and maybe eating an animal at the top of the food chain would advance their gourmet cells even further.

fizban
May 13, 2011, 05:39 PM
Would you really want to eat THAT birdman though? It's practically jerky right now.

VashDaStampede
May 13, 2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah, eating the birdman crossed my mind too but doesn't it seem a little too "human" to eat? Maybe its just that I'm used to seeing the GT Robo's talking and all that.

tobeulp
May 13, 2011, 07:39 PM
Wow this chapter is great glad to see more of fighting rather than more talking...
I think the 4 Kings will be a team going to the Gourmet World...

LoS
May 14, 2011, 04:11 AM
No, I don't expect them to eat that birdman. First, because it is hairless, and second because they are set up thus far to be an opponent. In this series you defeat, not eat, your opponent.

Koen
May 14, 2011, 04:43 AM
Well, it is quite curious indeed because Toriko said in chapter 6 or something close to it that "he only prey on those that he decided to eat. If he doesn't wanna eat it then he won't kill it and if he killed then he will eat it"

So, it is quite easy. Toriko hasn't killed the birdman but he immobilized it to an extent by which the birdman can't attack anymore. The birdman wasn't their initial prey, the mellow cola was. However they killed and eat animals with awful taste to gain back strength. This hypothesis is very dangerous knowing what the birdman is capable of.

Toriko has killed the birdman and then he will eat it. He stated his rule very clear to Komatsu during the fruit of rainbow arc. I hope that the mangaka didn't forget this

jorped
May 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
Well, it is quite curious indeed because Toriko said in chapter 6 or something close to it that "he only prey on those that he decided to eat. If he doesn't wanna eat it then he won't kill it and if he killed then he will eat it"

So, it is quite easy. Toriko hasn't killed the birdman but he immobilized it to an extent by which the birdman can't attack anymore. The birdman wasn't their initial prey, the mellow cola was. However they killed and eat animals with awful taste to gain back strength. This hypothesis is very dangerous knowing what the birdman is capable of.

Toriko has killed the birdman and then he will eat it. He stated his rule very clear to Komatsu during the fruit of rainbow arc. I hope that the mangaka didn't forget this

I also hope that the mangaka didn't forget this, so i hope that if he kills it and doesn't eat we have some kinda of reason to why that happened !
Maybe the fact that the Birdman attacked Komatsu can make Toriko overlook one of his "rules".

I just hope that in the end they find way of evolving their cells ! On this chapter they really proved that their teamwork is really something terrifying but i think that they are still not ready to enter in the gourmet world ! They need an evolution of their cells in order to have any chance of surviving in the "Gourmet World"

sabret00the
May 14, 2011, 10:25 AM
He will have to eat that Birdman or he'll mess himself up again. He was quite clearly warned that he'd have to eat once his body started eating itself.

VashDaStampede
May 14, 2011, 11:12 AM
^^^^ I agree...Toriko has to eat something pretty quickly. Maybe they will eat the Salamander Sphinx. Or maybe a random beast will appear and they will eat that to give them just enough strength to get back on track.

dct21
May 14, 2011, 08:08 PM
i wonder if these bird human things are what they modeled the gt robos after, but dang toriko and zebra beat the crap outta that guy.

I finally caught up to the current chapter and toriko has alot of one piece elements in it

jinoku
May 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
I wonder if the Birdman tastes like chicken... I say its dinner time. Something/somebody is gonna eat something!

Zatono
May 17, 2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, he's definitely going to have to eat the Birdman, since there's not much else around. Although, I get the feeling it's not going to taste good, which is probably going to suck for them. Not to mention that there's that much meat on it.

k-dom
May 17, 2011, 02:53 PM
I don't think any other food than the cola can make them evolve. Plus that is what they came after

aise2i
May 18, 2011, 06:44 AM
From ohana (2ch):
はーい!!

祝トリコ3周年
人気投票やるよ!!

グルメ141 鼓動!!
コンボ技で鳥さん倒れる。倒れる前にトリコ達をにらむ。
倒れてもバタバタ。

ほっといても朽ちるだろうけど、今すぐにらくにしてやるぜ!とゼブラ
死音
鳥死亡。

どこからか鼓動が聞こえ、鳥が生き返ったかとビビるけど
小松の鼓動だった。
小松 コーラは?
トリコ さっきのやつに奪われた。。

ゼブラ トリコ疲れで膝をつく
小松、コーラの説明

虎、眼からコーラの涙を流す。。。
コーラを浴びる。飲む!!ゼブラ トリコ 小松

ゼブラ 俺はこのコーラをフルコースに入れる。
小松 え?
ゼブラ これならオレのコンビになるよな?

で終わり
サーセイ★

VashDaStampede
May 18, 2011, 07:47 AM
I hope a translation is coming soon. I'm really interested in knowing what happens in this chapter.

Oberon
May 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
Toriko #141 Spoiler: English Translation + Cover (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=45561526#entry317648821)

VashDaStampede
May 18, 2011, 10:28 AM
I knew the Cola would end up on Zebra's full course. I hope they show what else is on there (if anything). So the combo thing still isn't resolved? I thought they would've wrapped that up too.

eclipse12
May 18, 2011, 01:02 PM
Finally we get to see what zebra's full course menu is like, and he adds the mellon cola nice.

LoS
May 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
Chapter 141 full raw can be found here

Everyone Enjoy!!! (http://bbs.52manyou.com/read.php?tid=40638)

p.s don't worry if there is a slow load time, it is there trust me

p.p.s it's a chinese scanlation, not jap raw, great quality and there are bundles of color pages this chapter and a magazine cover.

•Sasuke•
May 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
the raw file
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1044728191/Toriko_141.zip <- on raw -bunko

raw are the jap's one not the chinese scan or i'm wrong? xD

LoS
May 20, 2011, 07:42 PM
translation by Kewl (http://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/29697) so the scan should be out shortly

Zatono
May 21, 2011, 12:52 AM
Chapter is out! Get it here: http://www.manga2u.com/Toriko/141/01/

jorped
May 21, 2011, 07:18 AM
Good Chapter but i found weird the fact that the really Cola wasn't the one that was ate by the Birdman.
Their teamwork was awesome and made them able of stopping such a monster.

Did Toriko cells evolved ?

obamamania
May 21, 2011, 09:58 AM
Probably but it was Zebra who seemed to have a stronger reaction that made him decide to add it to his full course. This was the Zebra arc anyway, so everything involving him is focused on predominantly.

saladesu
May 21, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ahah, so now Zebura's made the declaration in Toriko's presence that he wants Komatsu to form a combo with him. It will definitely be interesting to see what Toriko has to say about that, and eventually what happens. Poor Komatsu for being torn between the two of them, but honestly I think he should, and will probably end up doing so, stay with Toriko. After all, Toriko is the titular character and Komatsu has been by his side from the beginning. I wonder if there will be a fight between Toriko and Zebura over this, and if it comes to fists, what will happen? Will Coco and Sani also get involved?

Anyway, it was pretty unexpected that the Mellow Cola hadn't come out yet and that what the birdman "stole" wasn't even the actual mellow cola. Cool that despite not being the Mellow Cola, it was able to make the birdman evolve to that extent.

It looks like since the next chapter(s) are probably going to focus on the Toriko-Komatsu-Zebura thing, there will be little focus on the birdmen as a species. Perhaps Shimabukuro doesn't plan to explain it this arc, but will have the birdmen reappear later on and explain it then. It's amazing that the birdman apparently survived for tens of thousands of years - presumably as a mummy in the coffin - but was able to be awakened when water dripped on it (or was it even related?).

jorped
May 21, 2011, 12:58 PM
If a battle between Toriko and Zebra happens i don't expect on this moment to see Toriko winning it.
Zebra before eating the Cola was more powerful than Toriko and now after eating the cola and having his cells evolved i don't expect Toriko to be able to surpass that , and manly because it is not perceptive , at least i didn't got that idea , that Toriko indeed had his cells evolved.

It would be great if Sanji and Coco appeared once again.

VashDaStampede
May 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
Ah man, I just new we were gonna get the rest of Zebra's full course. Well, at least the other items he's chosen (assuming he has).

I'm starting to wonder how this Zebra-Komatsu-Toriko thing is gonna work out myself. Maybe someone from IGO will step in and say Zebra needs to go do something else on his own.

Or maybe Zebra will hear the uneasiness in Komatsu's heart and decide to be the bigger guy and act like he changed his mind and Komatsu will stay in a combo with Toriko.

Did Zebra say he was gonna eat the birdman? Hmmm...I hope that happens and we get to see that.

sabret00the
May 21, 2011, 02:22 PM
Zebura probably won't eat the Birdman and thus break the terms of the agreement.

tobeulp
May 21, 2011, 09:46 PM
It will sound weird but I think Komatsu will go with Zebura mainly because he wants to be train to be stronger and Zebura can protect Komatsu better than Toriko because of his Sound Barrier etc... And I think Toriko will know this also and will agree but they will be partner again until they will go to the Gourmet World..

jorped
May 22, 2011, 04:30 AM
It will sound weird but I think Komatsu will go with Zebura mainly because he wants to be train to be stronger and Zebura can protect Komatsu better than Toriko because of his Sound Barrier etc... And I think Toriko will know this also and will agree but they will be partner again until they will go to the Gourmet World..

I am not sure about that !
After what Toriko did for him , it would be a huge mistake of Komatsu to do that but we never know .
I think that neither Toriko or Zebra, don't even need to mention Komatsu , are strong enough to enter the gourmet world. We still didn't get to see how strong they become after eating the Cola ,though i only saw Zebra cells evolving, don't know if the same happened to Toriko, but they still will have to train a bit more.

tobeulp
May 22, 2011, 07:15 AM
I am not sure about that !
After what Toriko did for him , it would be a huge mistake of Komatsu to do that but we never know .
I think that neither Toriko or Zebra, don't even need to mention Komatsu , are strong enough to enter the gourmet world. We still didn't get to see how strong they become after eating the Cola ,though i only saw Zebra cells evolving, don't know if the same happened to Toriko, but they still will have to train a bit more.

Like what I said Toriko will probably agree with it but it is like just lending it to Zebura for a while for making Komatsu became stronger... And I think Komatsu knew that he will just be a burden to Toriko so he wants to be a little bit stronger than what he is.
It is a given for Toriko to be stronger because this is part of his training to eat/drink the cola..

saladesu
May 22, 2011, 10:43 AM
It's a possibility, I suppose, but with all that Toriko and Komatsu have been through together the past 141 chapters, it would be really sad imo for Komatsu to end up with Zebura. Of course, it's not that bad if it's just a "loan" sort of thing until Toriko gets strong enough. But, I think it would make more sense for Komatsu to improve himself alongside Toriko as Toriko trains and gets stronger, ie, as a combi, they will get stronger together. I think that's a big part of what being a combi means, to begin with :)

Zatono
May 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
I get the feeling that once they enter the Gourmet World it's just going to be the 4 Heavenly Kings + Komatsu. None of the others really have cooks, and Komatsu has already developed a relation with each of them. It'll work out somehow IMO.

EDIT: Of course Terry is going to be part of that team :3

Koen
May 23, 2011, 07:29 AM
Well, it should turn out that way or he will be Toriko's partner only. I don't think that Toriko would accept that Komatsu would make a combo with another Heavenly King while Toriko is being left alone without him. Sani and Coco have acknowledged Komatsu but none of them have made advances towards Komatsu or at least not as explicit as Zebra is doing. I'd rather prefer Komatsu in a single combo than a shared combo with the other Heavenly Kings. Anyway, this might be a new hurdle for Toriko and Komatsu. I look forward to their respective reactions

The chapter itself was okay. Nothing much happened, the arc was concluded. I think that the mellow cola might be a part of the negotiations on whose course it will be and whom Komatsu will belong to.

Salce
May 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
I saw the Beelzebub Character Map that Akiyama created and put in the Beelzebub thread:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36767&page=109

So, I decide to make one of Toriko.
It was pretty hard, but at the same time it was interesting to reread some parts of the manga. Now I understand more about the hierarchy of the Bishokukai.

Anyway, here you are:

http://thumbnails28.imagebam.com/13358/18fb52133579960.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/18fb52133579960)

By the way, I'm a spanish speaker. I made the Character Map in english because most Toriko fans speak english. So... sorry if there is any mistake.

VashDaStampede
May 23, 2011, 08:05 PM
Awhile back I said (can't remember if I posted it) something about Zebra "training" Komatsu to make him stronger. This might be that opportunity. I still can't wait to see what ends up happening. Maybe we will get another Toriko/Terry arc while Komatsu is with Zebra and then for some unforeseen reason Komatsu will be a combo with Toriko again.

LoS
May 23, 2011, 09:13 PM
Is the character tree hierarchical at all or just representative of relationships?

Salce
May 23, 2011, 09:38 PM
Is the character tree hierarchical at all or just representative of relationships?
Mmmh, it is not exactly hierachical.

I mean, I have put the important people of IGO above the less important people. Shigematsu is above the Bureau Directors.
The same for the Bishokukai. Brand Chiefs are under Vice-Head chefs.

But then I put the rest of the characters in a random or convenient way.

For example, Teppei is under Jirou but above Yosaku. This way I can join him with Yosaku with a Master/Student arrow and with a Grandfather/Grandson arrow with Jirou.

It's difficult to explain (specially because I don't speak english very well), But you will find some logic in it if you look carefully.

LoS
May 23, 2011, 10:42 PM
My concern was the Bishokukai side of the picture. From what we have heard their standing is: boss -> butler -> head chef -> 3 vice chefs -> 1st division chief -> wine steward, in this order.

The only thing we don't know is whether or not the first division chief is stronger than any of the vice chefs. And among the vice chefs it is alluded that Stajyun is the strongest of the three, and somewhat alluded to is that Grinpatch is next strongest and Tommy Rod brings up the rear of those 3 vice chefs.

Salce
May 24, 2011, 10:57 AM
My concern was the Bishokukai side of the picture. From what we have heard their standing is: boss -> butler -> head chef -> 3 vice chefs -> 1st division chief -> wine steward, in this order.

The only thing we don't know is whether or not the first division chief is stronger than any of the vice chefs. And among the vice chefs it is alluded that Stajyun is the strongest of the three, and somewhat alluded to is that Grinpatch is next strongest and Tommy Rod brings up the rear of those 3 vice chefs.
Well, probably you're right about Alfaro being above Kuromado. As the "boss right hand"; he should be very important in the Bishokukai.

But I'm not sure about Limon being under Elg. I mean, both are prepared to enter Gourmer World. And while Elg is just another division chief, Limon is the only sommelier in the Bishokukai. Anyway, i'm just speculating.

Samui
May 24, 2011, 11:54 AM
Mmmh, it is not exactly hierachical.

I mean, I have put the important people of IGO above the less important people. Shigematsu is above the Bureau Directors.
The same for the Bishokukai. Brand Chiefs are under Vice-Head chefs
Hm, isn't Mansam considered as "number 3" of IGO? So he should be above the rest of the IGO personnel.

You did a great job, Salce.

LoS
May 24, 2011, 12:11 PM
But I'm not sure about Limon being under Elg. I mean, both are prepared to enter Gourmer World. And while Elg is just another division chief, Limon is the only sommelier in the Bishokukai. Anyway, i'm just speculating.

Naw, there is a passage where the boss asks Alvaro who is ready to enter the Gourmet World, and Alvaro says the Wine guy's name last and says I think he is ready.

Oberon
May 25, 2011, 04:31 AM
Toriko #142 Spoiler: Pics + 4 More Pics Added (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=45680164#entry318472510)

Salce
May 25, 2011, 10:30 AM
It seems that the discussion with Zebra was solved quickly.

At the end we have the typical restaurant scene, so I think we can consider finished this arc.

By the way, two new characters of IGO are introduced.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
I actually never got an impresion that Zebra wanted to be a partner with Komatsu and let Toriko be alone. I thought he wanted them to make trio.:)
Actually it would be a damn great team for Gourmet World.:)

The spoilers look promising with some new guys being introduced.:)

•Sasuke•
May 25, 2011, 12:19 PM
toriko full chapter 142
ch scan

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=45697609#lastpost

eclipse12
May 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
Nice this arc ends and a sweet ending in is. Also the two new guy that mansem brought with him. We all know that they are going to have GT Cells in them and Mansem is going to ask Toriko and/or Zebra to train them while they are training for the Gourmet World.

Zatono
May 25, 2011, 11:49 PM
When will this manga get its own section.

End of the arc looks good, but I was really hoping that Zebra would end up eating the Century Soup, xD. I like that we're already getting the set up for the next arc though.
[hr]
The chapter is out! Get it here - http://www.manga2u.com/Toriko/142/01/

Also, please take the time to visit the scanlation group: http://hiwamatanoboru.com/

LoS
May 26, 2011, 12:39 AM
Wow, so the suave looking guy is the Defense Chief. He's probably top 5 on the importance/strength list of the Igo corp.

I really wonder what Mansam will reveal about the Birdman, at least it is cool that we got an answer as to why they hadn't eaten it.

kewl0210
May 26, 2011, 12:52 AM
This is the first time we were told what Bureau Mansam is with, too I think. Before we were only told he runs the Research Lab and he's the #3 man after Shigematsu and Ichiryuu.

I liked this ending, I really loved Komatsu's narration andeverything. Now I really wanna see what happens next.

saladesu
May 26, 2011, 05:33 AM
I agree, this was a very nice ending to the arc and phew, Toriko and Komatsu are still a combi at least for now :) it was kinda cute, though, how Zebra was embarrassed to let Komatsu know that he was a fan of his food :XD

Can't wait to find out more about the birdmen from Mansam! I wonder why they want to trade for it. What importance does a single birdman hold to the IGO? What will they be willing to trade for it?

jorped
May 26, 2011, 06:08 AM
Nice ending for a very good arc :thumbs

Next chapter will probably be also very good, cuz we are probably going to get some important revelations !

Toriko and Zebra will compete to see which of they is going to form a combo with Komatsu, but for now it will be Toriko and Komatsu :woo

And how many time do you guys think, it's going to take till they enter the Gourmet World ? :rant

Ustegius
May 26, 2011, 07:56 AM
Aww, Zebra is such a tsundere.

Great conclusion to the arc. Okay, pretty stantard. A feast and some funny lines. I found it funny that the lionthing got angry when Toriko said they'd be back when the cola is ready again. Nice to know that we will instantly get more info the birdmen.

As a random guess; maybe the birdmen are somehow connected to the origin of gourmet cells?

VashDaStampede
May 26, 2011, 09:07 AM
Nice chapter...real nice. I'm glad to see that Toriko and Komatsu are still a combo.

So the birdman doesn't look like something you can cook or eat...hmmm, maybe its an ingredient no one has figured out how to cook properly yet or just not enough is known about them yet.

I wonder what the next arc will be about. I'm also curious about the secret of the Melk Stardust.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
It's going to be pretty interesting now.:) In the next chapter we will get more about the Birdmen and also we might get some info on those two with Mansam.:)

I think that Ustegius's theory might be right and Birdmen are connected to the origin of Gourmet Cells somehow and I'd even say that it's pretty obvious that they have Gourmet Cells as we saw Birdman evolving or at least getting way stronger after drinking Mellow Cola.
Also I believe that Birdmen can't be eaten in the same way as humans, cause they might have an intellect in some way and it would be a bit like to practise cannibalism.

Salce
May 26, 2011, 11:01 AM
This is the first time we were told what Bureau Mansam is with, too I think. Before we were only told he runs the Research Lab and he's the #3 man after Shigematsu and Ichiryuu.
No, at the end of chapter 19 it's said that he is the Development Bureau Director.

Zatono
May 27, 2011, 11:34 AM
Don't we already know about where the Gourmet Cells came from?

http://www.manga2u.com/Toriko/37/13/

Ustegius
May 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
Totally forgot that, thanks. Though it is still seems like that the birdmen have gourmet cells as a stantard. So, result of experimenting with gourmet cells?

Zatono
May 27, 2011, 05:20 PM
Totally forgot that, thanks. Though it is still seems like that the birdmen have gourmet cells as a stantard. So, result of experimenting with gourmet cells?

I'm assuming the Birdmen themselves experimented with Gourmet cells. In the pyramid, all of the wall paintings and whatever showed the Birdmen attacking the monsters that were in the pyramid, in the "specially prepared" way.

Koen
May 27, 2011, 07:49 PM
Great chapter. I think that the revelations about the birdmen will be about everything that is written and known after Acacia first saw them. I wouldn't be surprised if the birdmen are the humans of gourmet world. The world is divided into two pieces and a small portion of humans has made it into gourmet world. I really think that we don't have to look it too far. My guess:

Birdmen came into human world before humans came into gourmet world. It would be even cooler if the birdmen are an older race than the humans. Their knowledge about ingredients seems to be more developed. I think, taking their connection with acacia in account, that we can safely assume that they are probably aware of a famous ingredient (maybe famous ingredients) such as air, god, earth, etc

ErosVp
May 28, 2011, 02:57 PM
Wow! What a great manga I was missing... Since OP years ago I learned I shouldn't judge a manga based on its art, but still took long for me to give this manga a chance! I read it in 2 weeks though.

Great chapter! I'm a fan of Zebra, really a badass character. I'm already missing his absence in the next arc...

Jorge D. Dragon
May 29, 2011, 08:58 AM
It's actually interesting what's going to happen in the next arc. Are we going to see another arc based on finding a new ingridient and develop Toriko's skill to enter Gourmet World or we are going to have some other confrontation with Bishokukay?

Zatono
May 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
It's actually interesting what's going to happen in the next arc. Are we going to see another arc based on finding a new ingridient and develop Toriko's skill to enter Gourmet World or we are going to have some other confrontation with Bishokukay?

Well, technically every arc thus far has been based on finding an ingredient, but I don't think there's going to be any fights with the Bishokukai at least until the Gourmet World, because we'd be wiping out the potential strong ones too fast. I kind of like this training arc though, the introduction to new environments and scenarios, along with the new beasts are fun. Maybe we'll see new model GT Robo's or something though.

LoS
May 29, 2011, 02:35 PM
There is still the 3rd and 2nd branch Chiefs of the Bishokukai who were deemed not yet ready to enter the Gourmet World we have yet to see fight. It seems as if each branch Chief gets stronger the closer you get to the number 1 branch.

The 1st branch Chief is the strongest of them, and when they all gathered for their collective meeting the Head Chef kept asking the 2nd branch Chief all the questions, it seemed like he was the strongest and most well informed there.

It would be good to have another arc where the good guys have to face off against the 2nd and 3rd Chiefs; although, Toriko himself in the two chances of fighting the branch Chiefs hasn't faced them, but rather fought against the Vice Chefs.

Zatono
May 29, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well, rather then have Toriko fight those branch chiefs, I'd rather see some other people in action like Coco and Sani, but we're probably not going to be seeing them for a while, since this entire thing is Toriko's training arc for the big entrance into the Gourmet World.

aise2i
June 01, 2011, 12:49 PM
From ohana:
マンサム所長をハンサム〜 のやりとり

143 生ける爆薬!!

あの生き物を引き取りに来た〜 所長
トリコは一服〜 の生物のこと何か知ってるのか?
所長 それを調べるだめに引き取るんだよ!

所長の後ろにいた仮面男の名前はラップ
レイ ラップ確保を!
ラップ はい
ゼブラ 待てコラ
ラップににらみ聞かせて ゼブラ あれはオレらの獲物だ〜 てか誰だてめえは殺すぞ
所長 やめとめゼブラ お前では勝てんぞ 彼はラッウ 第0ビオトープの職員だ

グルメ界には第0がある。再生屋の与作 研ぎ師メルクも第0職員。

ゼブラは話を聞いてもラップに喧嘩を売る
ラップ やめておこう 私もただじゃ済まなそうだ。。。
ゼブラ 正直だな 嘘をついてるのはやはり所長あんたか
ゼブラは、所長の説明の仕方、声紋がぶれるのを逃さなかった。

所長 地獄耳が
レイ 所長お願いしますよ。

トリコ オレと小松は空でも似たやつ(鳥)をみた 教えてくれ一体何者なんだ
所長 知ってることは少しだぞ ゼブラ今個々の会話は…
ゼブラ オレら以外聞いてるやつはいねーよ
所長 ニトロ… 生物の名はニトロ 役600年前アカシアが発見しそう名付けた
全てが不明 数億年前の地相からこいつに似た化石も発見されておる
レイ ニトロの恐るべき点はいくつかあります まずは生命力〜〜〜〜
所長 2つめは どう猛さだ 〜〜〜〜
レイ 3つめが 知能の高さです
トリコは鳥が葉を2度食べした知能を思い出す
ラップ 4つめが グルメ度です 食材を調理する知能を持っている
小松 ピラミッドで気になる壁画を見つけたんです… 特殊調理食材の仕込みは調理の仕方…

所長 美食界が関わっている
一同ビックリ
所長 ニトロはGODの入手法相をしっているのs
一同見っくり

所長 もはや美食界がニトロを利用し何らかの作戦を進めてるのは間違いない ニトロと
いう生物が活発に動き出す時 グルメ日食が近いと言う明石 またグルメ戦争がおこるぞ

トリコ GODが手に入るなら 皆で分け合えばいい そうすれば戦争は怒らねえ
オレが必ずそうしてみせる!

決意新たに…!!
終わり★サーセイ

The Fantasy Fire
June 01, 2011, 01:29 PM
SPOILER PICS OF TORIKO 143 FROM JJT & HWMN: http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=45825218

Lyn685
June 01, 2011, 02:00 PM
Looks like there will be new informations about God, the Gt-Robos and the Bishokukai.
Awesome, I really like the Bishokukai, since they are such a powerful organisation.
I hope a new confrontation between the Heavenly Kings and the Bishokukai will come soon.

LoS
June 01, 2011, 04:22 PM
I believe that is the first time we have seen the Bishokukai's boss face, well the side of it at least, we had only seen the back of his head till this point.

Zatono
June 01, 2011, 04:37 PM
I believe that is the first time we have seen the Bishokukai's boss face, well the side of it at least, we had only seen the back of his head till this point.

Nah, we've seen the side of his face before too, but it was a little less clear. http://www.manga2u.com/Toriko/101/03/

eclipse12
June 01, 2011, 09:54 PM
Nice we final get to know the name of that creature. We also get to know the name of the Bishokukai Boss.

ErosVp
June 01, 2011, 10:42 PM
Good chapter! We got much informations about important stuff. Hope we see Terry next chapter...

LoS
June 01, 2011, 11:13 PM
I wonder what ingredient Toriko will go after next

Zatono
June 02, 2011, 12:25 AM
I don't think anyone posted the link, but the chapter's out xD Get it here: http://www.manga2u.com/Toriko/143/01/

Samui
June 02, 2011, 03:45 AM
I wonder what ingredient Toriko will go after next
We already know what it is. Going by the list from chapter 123 (I think) the next ingredient is Meteor Garlic.

k-dom
June 02, 2011, 03:48 AM
So they are called Nitro and were able to build civilization. This are sure some intriguing birds. And they are targeting Chefs. Maybe Komatsu should keep is 2 bodyguards. And Toriko also find intriguing that the bird on the sky didn't attack them. There is probably something even IGO is not aware of under that fact.
Somehow, I don't think Toriko departure for the Gourmet World is that far now, how long do you think the chief list is ?

LoS
June 02, 2011, 04:17 AM
Im still shocked at this timeline. Acacia noticed them so freaking long ago, and passed it down to his pupil Ichi. Just how long did Acacia live, and how old is Ichi?

Also, I was wondering when we would get introduced to new powerful people, because as it was there was roughly only 15 total people introduced thus far who even had a chance of stepping foot in the Gourmet World. But with the introduction of this 0th Biotope and the additional members yet to be revealed we now have stepping stones for Toriko. Because as it was, the power gap between him and Acacia's disciples, or the Head chef's we have seen was just freaking ginormous.

Samui
June 02, 2011, 04:43 AM
We still need more strong bad guys. The known Bishokukai are not enough, considering most of them should be around Toriko's level, or above him. But now we have like 25 guys who can stomp Toriko.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 02, 2011, 06:35 AM
The chapter was great. We got plenty of information and got practically all the information about Nitro revealed. We can finally call them some normal easy way and not just Birdmen.
I really thought before that GT Robots were made to resemble Nitro and it actually appeared to be true. And they are said to be damn formidable enemies not only being strong, but also having intelligence. They actually formed civilizations! Also their life force is insane. They can live for inmesurable years and can adapt to insane weather and also can sleep for thousands of years. But of course we will know more later in the story.

Also we got the name of Bishokukai's leader.

And also we got to know who was that third guy and also we got information on the 0th Biotope in the Gourmet World and some info about those who are working there. I believe we'll see them later in the story (of course we know some of them). At least I hope we'll see the man who is protecting the road to the Gourmet World. He should be a beast.:)

VashDaStampede
June 02, 2011, 08:42 AM
Great chapter. I like informative chapters when its packed with information you don't know. So the Nitro are high powered Bishoku-ya and Top level chefs combined in one. And they are after Human chefs and possibly want to eat humans...that's gonna make for some interesting arcs. And they don't know how they reproduce...I think that's gonna be interesting information once that's revealed. I just hope it isn't something boring like spitting an egg out their mouth (think Piccolo from Dragon Ball) after eating a certain ingredient

I wonder how far Komatsu is from being in the top 100 chefs...

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing what Sani goes through on the Three Way road. Man, this one chapter opened up the door to so many possibilities. The future Gourmet war, the 0th biotope...even though I know the war will be a long time from now.

I wonder if Meteo Garlic (or whatever the ingredient beside Mellow Cola is on that list) will be the next arc.

fizban
June 02, 2011, 12:49 PM
Im still shocked at this timeline. Acacia noticed them so freaking long ago, and passed it down to his pupil Ichi. Just how long did Acacia live, and how old is Ichi?

It makes me wonder if Acacia himself is really dead. I thought he must be, but the more they bring him up the more I get the feeling that he may exist somewhere within the Gourmet World. His Full Course Meal may have evolved the cells in his body to the point where he could be near-immortal.

ZayCon
June 02, 2011, 01:02 PM
REALLY good chapter this week! Loved all the information about Nitro.

VashDaStampede
June 02, 2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Acacia learned how to enter Cryptobiosis and is somewhere just waiting to be revived. Once again, great chapter this week.

Zatono
June 02, 2011, 10:09 PM
This is off topic, but this page was awesome. http://mangastream.com/read/toriko/90728631/5

It was like out a movie, Toriko grabbing a 'cigar' and smoking it after being told to do something. That was great.

saladesu
June 03, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hmm, I wonder if there might be any significance to it at all, since half a page was dedicated to him lighting that cigar. Or I'm just reading too much into it (probably the case).

Very interesting info on Nitro (finally, a name for them! Though I kinda think Birdmen sounds cooler than Nitro :oh). The fact that they've survived since the time of dinosaurs and managed to do so through hibernation is really cool! So it was indeed the water that 'awakened' the Nitro in the gourmet pyramid from his slumber.

With the number of insanely strong people around, even those "normal" people with other day jobs who also work at Biotope 0, I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?

k-dom
June 03, 2011, 11:38 AM
I wonder if Komatsu will speak about the book he found to the chief or if he will keep it to himself. I'm really curious to know more about what it contents

Dasbones
June 03, 2011, 02:20 PM
With the number of insanely strong people around, even those "normal" people with other day jobs who also work at Biotope 0, I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?

They're potential is so incredible, they're still young and evolving

Zatono
June 03, 2011, 02:44 PM
And their potential is incredible because they've all got gourmet cells. When you think about it, it's kind of unfair to the other guys that don't, lol.

jorped
June 03, 2011, 02:47 PM

I also wondered about those things too. It is a bit weird indeed ! Both Toriko and Zebra are very strong now but looking to these new characters strength they are still probably far away from being on that level. But the main question isn't about their strength now, but yes on the past ! Toriko at the beginning of the manga was much weaker than now , so it is a bit weird that he was already this important! But that prolly happened not principally about his strength but yes because of the fact that he discovered a lot of ingredients.

But i think the answer for your question, is probably the fact that their potential is huge !

Loved this chapter :thumbs

LoS
June 03, 2011, 03:34 PM
not principally about his strength but yes because of the fact that he discovered a lot of ingredients.

But i think the answer for your question, is probably the fact that their potential is huge

These are the correct answers.

They are part of a group of a very select few who actively go out trying to discover ingredients. And in Zebra's case, he is infamous for his destructive deeds.

Their potential is evident enough just looking at how much Toriko has grown in 130 chapters.

saladesu
June 04, 2011, 01:56 AM
Mm I agree they have great potential, but it's kinda premature to call them the "Four Heavenly Kings" just because they have the potential, when they aren't there yet, don't you think? :s Also, if this potential they have is largely because they are in possession of gourmet cells, then who's to say those other people who are stronger than them don't have gourmet cells too? Most of them probably do, and thus have the potential to improve beyond what they are right now (and as they are they are already stronger than Toriko and gang).

I guess the part about them being actively involved in discovering new ingredients will have to suffice as the answer then :) Or, it could also be that Shimabukuro-sensei didn't expect to have Toriko run as long as it has, or to introduce as many characters as he has, to have that many characters stronger than them /shrug

LoS
June 04, 2011, 02:30 AM
Salad, you are really splitting hairs here. How about we just leave it at Shima wanted them to be called that so thats the way it is lol.

I am sooooo ready for this new arc. I really wonder what ingredient it is. What different environment they will face. We have seen everything so far as pressure, cold, heat, thin air, altitude.... I guess water is next, I really dont know.

Also, if the beast of this last arc was 90's and many of the creatures were 50 and above, one being mid 60's I wonder what is in store next.

Will Zebra tag along? Will any of the other Kings make appearances? Will the Bishokukai fight Toriko and co. since they now have a common enemy/prey in the Nitro?

Lyn685
June 04, 2011, 08:10 AM
Would be cool to see Rin again, she´s a member of the main-crew afterall too.

saladesu
June 05, 2011, 01:24 AM
Salad, you are really splitting hairs here. How about we just leave it at Shima wanted them to be called that so thats the way it is lol.

I know :derp It's just that it's something that's bothered me for a long while, and was triggered again when the chief said he needed the strength of the four of them. Anyway, yes, I'm leaving it as that :XD

I am sooooo ready for this new arc. I really wonder what ingredient it is. What different environment they will face. We have seen everything so far as pressure, cold, heat, thin air, altitude.... I guess water is next, I really dont know.

I'm excited to see what's to come as well :woo If it's water, it could be something in the depths of the sea perhaps? It's really hard to go that deep into the sea because of the water pressure, and maybe that is something they need to learn to overcome or something? Or maybe... Pitch black darkness? Skills like Zebra's sense of hearing would be very useful (really like a bat).

Koen
June 05, 2011, 05:04 AM
Great chapter...It gave us the explanation we all longed for. It kinda confirmed the things we roughly thought about. It is also quite surprising how they kidnap world's best cooks and this is also a reason why Komatsu was its prior target. They must smell, or somehow know who's a cook or not. That and the fact that they know how to handle the ingredients very well, can only mean that their perception/observation is top.

I am also looking forward to the next arc. The next ingredient, the next setting,... the imagination is just great.

Umbra Wolf
June 05, 2011, 02:30 PM
I really wonder why the Four Heavenly Kings are called what they are. What really makes them so special, when there are that many people stronger than them? Why does the chief say that he will need their power later on? It's not like they are the strongest out there, so why?
Potential was mentioned already.

Yet another important point is that all four were trained by the IGO president which is the typical God Tier mentor type on par with the leader of the GT Robo Gang. And the IGO-President in turn was a disciple of Accia, so they all have an impressive legacy to account for.

LoS
June 05, 2011, 07:22 PM
I wonder if we will get a flashback or a live look into the Nitro trying to capture Setsuno. She's most likely top 5 chef in the world. We have seen her intimidation power and her physical abilities already, it would be cool to see the power gap between her and the four kings, or how many Nitro it would take to capture her, or possibly see if certain Nitro are much stronger than other Nitro.

VashDaStampede
June 06, 2011, 09:25 AM
^^^That's a good question. Maybe we'll get a save Setsuno arc or maybe even a save Komatsu arc later on.

saladesu
June 06, 2011, 11:12 AM
It certainly would be cool to see if there is any sort of hierarchy among the Nitro, both in strength and any sort of social hierarchy. If they are a civilization of sorts on their own, then maybe they have certain classes, perhaps a leader amongst them who is super strong.

A fight between a Nitro and Setsuno, that would be beyond amazing. I expect that Setsuno would have an easy time with them, but seeing Nitro team up, especially with their intelligence, would also be something interesting to see. It's quite amazing seeing how some animals team up in the wild, such as how Orcas team up to cause huge waves to break the ice and get a seal, and since Nitro are noted to be remarkably intelligent, capable of imitating Toriko and Komatsu in finding the trick to eating the ozone herb, there's no telling what awesome strategies they could come up with the counter a tough opponent like Setsuno.

A save Setsuno arc sounds kinda strange in that she's so strong and revered, just thinking about her needing to be saved is just... Strange :/

jorped
June 06, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah a saving Setsuno arc would be indeed weird !
Manly because neither Toriko or Zebra can have a chance against her, so i can't see really them succeed where Setsuno failed.
And if this happens i ain't expecting to be this soon, we still need to see some more progress of Toriko, before we can really expect something like this.
But everything is possible ;)

For now on i don't really now what to expect, but i just hope that Mitsu hasn't forget of Terry!
I want to see Terry again !

k-dom
June 06, 2011, 02:42 PM
I'm curious to know why the chief said there was another nitro in the pyramid. DO they want to catch it ? How are they able to know there was one without being there ?

As for the chef rescue arc, we will probably have one. Komatsu is the first that comes into mind. That would be cool if the 4 kings go together after him

Koen
June 06, 2011, 02:47 PM
As for the chef rescue arc, we will probably have one. Komatsu is the first that comes into mind. That would be cool if the 4 kings go together after him

I agree with this. Now, there's a need for an interval arc without Komatsu. It is easily done. He can tell that he is needed in the restaurant etc. I think that Terry should be involved in the next arc. An arc in which Terry is needed for an ingredient because of some certain skills she had. When Toriko and co come back then they suddenly find out that Komatsu has been kidnapped.

Akainu
June 06, 2011, 03:43 PM
please, dear manga god, don't let this manga be deteriorated by a rescue arc. I'm awefully sorry, but "rescuearc" immediately conjurs an adverse-effects reflex due to its usage in other mana like Bleach, Naruto and One Piece and all their rescue operations are to some extent ... damaging.

doesn't mean shima couldn't make it diffrent and better, but there should be some tweaks to it, like Komatsu not being the damsel in distress for a change *cough* Terry would fit in perfectly into suchh an arc though, since afaik, wolves and the likes have far superior smelling abilities which could be usefull to track down the hijacker.

Zatono
June 06, 2011, 09:48 PM
A lot of arcs have technically been like a rescue arc though, since they've had to go and capture an ingredient before something bad happens to it, etc.

jorped
June 07, 2011, 09:16 AM
A lot of arcs have technically been like a rescue arc though, since they've had to go and capture an ingredient before something bad happens to it, etc.

if we see it that way you are right :thumbs

And did Toriko's gourmet cells evolved after drinking the cola or not? It wasn't something perceptible, at least for me :rant

Samui
June 07, 2011, 12:08 PM
Perhaps there'll be a twist and Komatsu won't be kidnapped by the Nitro, but by the Bishokukai instead in an attempt to lure the Nitro to their base.

eclipse12
June 07, 2011, 04:11 PM
I agree they need to bring terry with them. I can see that Zebra getting jelous because Toriko has an animal partner and he doesn't.

ibn.
June 08, 2011, 02:47 AM
I'd like a see a Matsu cooking arc. The only time he cooks is the celebration. He should use the cookbook and have Toriko find the ingredients and then work on completing the recipe. Break into the top 100, maybe get 7 stars.

Oberon
June 08, 2011, 07:43 AM
Toriko #144 Spoiler: Japanese Script & English Rough Translation
(http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=45916788)

Lyn685
June 08, 2011, 08:14 AM
So, looks like Toriko will improve his speed in the next arc(s), awesome!
Finally he meets Staajun, I wonder what his reaction will be.

VashDaStampede
June 08, 2011, 08:50 AM
Interesting...I think we will get to see a little of Terry in this arc. Speed is one of the Battle Wolf's strengths. Also, I wonder why the "bad guys" seem to be helping Toriko? I think its got to be more than them just fattening a pig to be slaughtered later.

susanoo13
June 08, 2011, 09:26 AM
Or maybe it's exactly what you say it is, assuming the Nitro has gourmet cells and Zebra would have ate it do you think he would become any stronger?

A good chance that he might yet Shimabukuro-sensei won't let this happen since it's unfit for the genre (while I put aside Zaelappolo eating his henchmen in Bleach) or simply not his style while info about it and Zebra going like "shoot I should have ate it it might have tasted better than it looked" and later someone decides that his meat dish is Toriko since he's full of gourmet cells.

Oberon
June 08, 2011, 01:44 PM
Toriko #144 Chinese Scan: Full Chapter & English Translation (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=45916788)

LoS
June 08, 2011, 03:13 PM
Now I wonder what Staajun's fighting/cooking technique is. Sunny has his spatula, Toriko has his cutlery/eating utensils, and this is the second time we have seen Staajun heat up/burn something. Earlier in the series he cooked that butt bug with his hand, now he set flame to a candle. He also showed gravitational powers when he slammed his fist against the table at the Bishokukai meeting.

It's odd how Staajun's eyes seem black when he is wearing the mask, but now they are normal. I wonder what gave him that huge scar, for such a strong person like Staajun maybe the opponent was the head chef, or boss of the Bishokukai. It's also odd how Toriko compared to the normal citizens is considered by them huge, yet we have seen recently quite a few characters bigger than him, Staajun now included.

I wonder what ingredient Staajun is looking for, and what ingredient Toriko will go after, because as it is now they don't have an ingredient but rather are going to see Acacia's statue, which when there they will either have a training/power-up or the next ingredient will be revealed.

Salce
June 08, 2011, 06:56 PM
I didn't like the design of Starjyun.

I mean, it was necesary a bishie bad guy, but not Stajyun! He was a badass character with the mask. =S

Anyway, it seems that it is a boring chapter. Hope that next week starts the new arc.

jorped
June 09, 2011, 09:23 AM
Awesome chapter :thumbs , though i didn't remember who Stajun was :fail
I wonder why he let them alive ? :confused
Why not kill them, when it will be a time that they will probably be a thread to them ? :rant
So this arc that is about to start , will probably result in some awesome training :woo
Toriko do your best :thumbs

:p

Samui
June 09, 2011, 09:40 AM
Excellent chapter! It makes up for the lack of villain. Starjyun - as well as Grinpach - turned out to be way stronger than expected. Did the GT Robo limited his power to such extent? That's crazy. I've always saw them as the Admirals of Toriko-verse, which didn't make much sense considering Toriko gave Tommy one hell of a fight (even thought Tommy was still slightly above him, but even so he needed to fight while restraining that ultimate bug of his). But Tommy won't disappoint, he might find some real crazy bugs somewhere in the Gourmet World. Anyhow, I guess Grinpach is even stronger than Stajyun, considering that Shigematsu said "I was hoping that "Staa" or "Tomi" guy would come, but...
But to think this guy would come..."

Keino
June 09, 2011, 11:58 AM
First this is my first time posting here cuz I started reading Toriko last week and reached the latest chapter yesterday. I must say this is an awesome manga an I can see why it id doing so well in Jump (TOC recently) and why they are pushing it to be part of the big 3 (bleach out), cuz it has a bright future.

On this chapter, It was cool seeing Starjyun real face and that even with Toriko's upgrade he is still way weaker than Starjyun.
I wonder where the gourmet temple is? Also I hope we get to see more of Terry and I'm sure she's gotten bigger and stronger.
I also think Komatsu is going to use that new dragon fang knife of his as an offensive weapon because of how sharp it is.

ErosVp
June 09, 2011, 07:21 PM
Great chapter! I like Starjyun character a lotmore now.... I wonder how much moresurprise this training saga of Toriko can give us....

VashDaStampede
June 10, 2011, 08:25 AM
Good chapter. I wonder if there will be some kind of ingredient somewhere near the temple. And I'm ready for Komatsu to get some kind of physical upgrade. I mean if I can see him cleanly take out a capture level 5 beast without him screaming, crying, and wetting his pants then I'll be good. I have a feeling it'll happen in this next arc.

ErosVp
June 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Good chapter. I wonder if there will be some kind of ingredient somewhere near the temple. And I'm ready for Komatsu to get some kind of physical upgrade. I mean if I can see him cleanly take out a capture level 5 beast without him screaming, crying, and wetting his pants then I'll be good. I have a feeling it'll happen in this next arc.

With just waving his knive he must beat beast of higher level than that! I think level 40 is not a dream for him anymore....

You Say
June 13, 2011, 02:12 PM
Toriko is nice manga, but after some volumes I'm utterly confused. Some scanlators refered in chapter to Terrycloth as -HE- and others as -SHE- so is Terrycloth male or female? Thank you very much for answer. I just don't know.

ErosVp
June 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
Toriko is nice manga, but after some volumes I'm utterly confused. Some scanlators refered in chapter to Terrycloth as -HE- and others as -SHE- so is Terrycloth male or female? Thank you very much for answer. I just don't know.
He raise his leg to pee, so it is male...

Jorge D. Dragon
June 14, 2011, 06:55 AM
Actually Komatsu should be trained physically and mentally to take more or less relevant beasts. Even though he has a great knife, he needs:
1. Skill to use it in a fight;
2. Strength to overcome enviroments.
3. Stop being a coward.

I also believe he needs Gourmet Cells.

Without those points that I stated above I can't see him entering Gourmet World no matter how strong will be Toriko or other people with whom he can go there.

About the upcoming Arc... it's surely going to be promising. Toriko should improve his speed drastically. As I see he needs to increase it at least two or three times and maybe get some special move to move in a high speed like Soru from One Piece.

Also all from Four Heavingly Kings exept for Toriko have some special power with their Gourmet Cells and Toriko only has a better smell for now. I hope he'll develop something more from his Gourmet Cells to become stronger and more unique.:)

Zatono
June 14, 2011, 07:56 AM
He currently has Fork, Knife, and Kugi Punch as unique abilities, and it's definitely clear that Kugi punch evolves from having his gourmet cells evolve.

sabret00the
June 14, 2011, 08:22 AM
Actually Komatsu should be trained physically and mentally to take more or less relevant beasts. Even though he has a great knife, he needs:
1. Skill to use it in a fight;
2. Strength to overcome enviroments.
3. Stop being a coward.

I also believe he needs Gourmet Cells.

Without those points that I stated above I can't see him entering Gourmet World no matter how strong will be Toriko or other people with whom he can go there.

About the upcoming Arc... it's surely going to be promising. Toriko should improve his speed drastically. As I see he needs to increase it at least two or three times and maybe get some special move to move in a high speed like Soru from One Piece.

Also all from Four Heavingly Kings exept for Toriko have some special power with their Gourmet Cells and Toriko only has a better smell for now. I hope he'll develop something more from his Gourmet Cells to become stronger and more unique.:)

Gourmet Cells were an experiment done on the four heavenly kings, they are the only ones that have Gourmet Cells and as a result, they were forced to fight in the dome until such a point they got their freedom and act as we see them now.

Komatsu simply needs a training arc under someone like Setsuna. He needs to be able to see enemy animals as ingredients. Doing things like seeing them run towards him and by the time they get pasts, they've been gutted, prepared and presented on a dish. He also needs to up his dodging abilities. Komatsu isn't a fighter, but it doesn't mean he can't be almost impossible to capture.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 14, 2011, 08:29 AM
Zatono

Actually I see Knife and Fork as his fighting Style. Kugi Punch is one of his attacks.
But I meant something different when I mentioned special abilities of his Gourmet Cells. For example Coco is Poison Man and can use night and termo vision, Sani has his special hair and the strongest of them Zebra has his sound attacks, insane hearing and voice to speak with person in insane distanse.
Compareing Toriko with them is rather difficult. his only uniqueness is smell and better regeneration, but still Chief Mansam also has insane regen. That's why I really want to see something unique from Toriko's Gourmet Cells, maybe based on smell, cause it seems, that it is Toriko's Gourmet Cells speciality.

sabret00the

Gourmet Cells were an experiment done on the four heavenly kings, they are the only ones that have Gourmet Cells and as a result, they were forced to fight in the dome until such a point they got their freedom and act as we see them now.
What? I actually don't want be rude, but do we read different manga? Not only 4 Heavenly Kings have Gourmet Cells, but the majority of Bishokuya have them. Every important person has them, including Chief Mansam, IGO President Ichiryu, all the Bishokukai, Nocking Master Jirou and so on.

Komatsu simply needs a training arc under someone like Setsuna. He needs to be able to see enemy animals as ingredients. Doing things like seeing them run towards him and by the time they get pasts, they've been gutted, prepared and presented on a dish. He also needs to up his dodging abilities. Komatsu isn't a fighter, but it doesn't mean he can't be almost impossible to capture.
The same Setsuno has Gourmet Cells. It's obvious, othervise she wouldn't have survived during her trips to Gourmet World and couldn't have beaten the second strongest person in Bishokukai with just her killing intent.

sabret00the
June 14, 2011, 02:15 PM
sabret00the

What? I actually don't want be rude, but do we read different manga? Not only 4 Heavenly Kings have Gourmet Cells, but the majority of Bishokuya have them. Every important person has them, including Chief Mansam, IGO President Ichiryu, all the Bishokukai, Nocking Master Jirou and so on.

The same Setsuno has Gourmet Cells. It's obvious, othervise she wouldn't have survived during her trips to Gourmet World and couldn't have beaten the second strongest person in Bishokukai with just her killing intent.

You're making a lot of assumptions. It has never been stated that anyone bar the Heavenly Kings have Gourmet Cells of the good guys. Of the bad guys I can't recall but I'm pretty sure its the case.

Ero-Sanji
June 14, 2011, 02:30 PM
You're making a lot of assumptions. It has never been stated that anyone bar the Heavenly Kings have Gourmet Cells of the good guys. Of the bad guys I can't recall but I'm pretty sure its the case.

Actually it is quite safe to say that all of the known "food-fighters" have Gourmet Cells since basically that is what enables them to grow stronger. Also, didn't the leader of the bad guys(forgot his name and the organisation) talk about Gourmet Cells as well?

sabret00the
June 14, 2011, 02:35 PM
It is not safe to say at all, it's an assumption based on the belief that Gourmet Cells are something you can impart on a living beings. I believe we'll soon find out that the Heavenly Four were all born in a lab. And other strong beings are just freakishly strong. Given the design of the GT Robos I've somewhat arrived at the guestimation that they were designed based on Nitros and that the same reaction lead to the creation of the Heavenly Four.

ErosVp
June 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
I think the other caracthers have gourmet cells too! I can clearly remember Alfaro noting the increase of gourmet cells in the bishokukai boss after eating the century soup! And I think I read about it others times, and its natural to assume Ichirou, Jirou and their disciples must have gourmet cells considering Acacia was the one who discovered it.

sabret00the
June 14, 2011, 02:44 PM
Guys, I have no ill feeling about anyone thinking that Gourmet Cells aren't special. I do however take issue with people presenting it as fact when we know it's anything but at this point. Let's wait and see what the author has in store in that regards.

LoS
June 14, 2011, 02:52 PM
Rin is a character not in the 4 heavenly kings who has gourmet cells, Staayjun in the mammoth arc talks about knowing all the intricacies of the gourmet cells, knowing so much about them gives credence to the idea that he either has them himself or people among the bishokukai have them as well.

kewl0210
June 14, 2011, 03:15 PM
When Sani descrbies Gourmet Cells, he states "Me, Toriko and Coco and Rin and Chief Mansam all have them." Later in the scene at the Bishokukai headquarters, Kuromado explains the "walls" that they need to overcome in order to get their Gourmet cells to evolve. Thus becoming stronger, which is why they needed stuff like the Century Soup.

sabret00the
June 14, 2011, 05:26 PM
Thank you kewl. But as you can see from what you've recalled, it's hardly a "everyone who fights have gourmet cells" thing. Ultimately the author hasn't covered this enough as of yet, but the author has attempted to highlight the exclusivity there.

Keino
June 14, 2011, 06:19 PM
No offence hear sabret00the but I think it is pretty clear that all the top Bishokukai have Gourmet cells. I think that some of your opinions are clearly wrong ans I suggest you re-read the manga form the start.

It is not safe to say at all, it's an assumption based on the belief that Gourmet Cells are something you can impart on a living beings. I believe we'll soon find out that the Heavenly Four were all born in a lab. And other strong beings are just freakishly strong. Given the design of the GT Robos I've somewhat arrived at the guestimation that they were designed based on Nitros and that the same reaction lead to the creation of the Heavenly Four.

It was stated that the Gt Robos were designed after the Nitros so that's not a gestimation. I don't agree that they were created in a lab but they did train in one of the IGO's garden so I think the Igo found them and helped them become strong.

Guys, I have no ill feeling about anyone thinking that Gourmet Cells aren't special. I do however take issue with people presenting it as fact when we know it's anything but at this point. Let's wait and see what the author has in store in that regards.

Gourmet cells are special and that's why only the top Bishokukai have them and also other strong people as well.

Thank you kewl. But as you can see from what you've recalled, it's hardly a "everyone who fights have gourmet cells" thing. Ultimately the author hasn't covered this enough as of yet, but the author has attempted to highlight the exclusivity there.

I do agree that the author hasn't said that everyone that fights has gourmet cells but he has alluded to the fact that all the strong people has them.

sabret00the
June 14, 2011, 06:25 PM
Where is all this alluding to done? Link to pages. It's a baseless assumption right now. It's like saying that the boxing champ and everyone of that strength of the world has to have been using a new drug because four good prospects plus two others have been naked as using said drug. Silly logic.

Keino
June 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
Where is all this alluding to done? Link to pages. It's a baseless assumption right now. It's like saying that the boxing champ and everyone of that strength of the world has to have been using a new drug because four good prospects plus two others have been naked as using said drug. Silly logic.

tbh I was lazy to go back and look to exactly where the alluding was :sweatdrop But its still fresh in my mind because I started reading Toriko last week so its pretty fresh in my mind. That's why I suggested you re-read it but since I don't know you or what kind of free time you have, it may not be possible. Since I have time on my hands( at least a couple of hours) I'll try and find links to help you see what I'm talking about (hopefully)

Jorge D. Dragon
June 15, 2011, 12:14 AM
sabret00the
You know, when you don't know the question about what you argue and only bash on people who try to state the actual facts from manga and just tell that everyone only stating asumptions and only you are right... it's just strange.
1. It was you who said that only Four Heavingly Kings have Gourmet Cells when it's basicly faulse according to the manga.
2. If you want links...
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24593-16/toriko/chapter-24.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24594-8/toriko/chapter-25.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-6/toriko/chapter-26.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-8/toriko/chapter-26.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-9/toriko/chapter-26.html

Also, don't try to twist my words. I have never said that literary everyone who fights have Gourmet Cells, but those who are really those who are called the men of true strength do posess them. It's quite obvious and goes according the logic of this manga.
And actually if you don't want to search through the manga while several people are telling you are wrong, you shouldn't blame them for being baseless.

Oberon
June 15, 2011, 04:34 AM
Toriko Spoiler #145: Japanese Script (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46037741)

sabret00the
June 15, 2011, 08:04 AM
sabret00the
You know, when you don't know the question about what you argue and only bash on people who try to state the actual facts from manga and just tell that everyone only stating asumptions and only you are right... it's just strange.
1. It was you who said that only Four Heavingly Kings have Gourmet Cells when it's basicly faulse according to the manga.
2. If you want links...
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24593-16/toriko/chapter-24.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24594-8/toriko/chapter-25.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-6/toriko/chapter-26.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-8/toriko/chapter-26.html
http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-9/toriko/chapter-26.html

Also, don't try to twist my words. I have never said that literary everyone who fights have Gourmet Cells, but those who are really those who are called the men of true strength do posess them. It's quite obvious and goes according the logic of this manga.
And actually if you don't want to search through the manga while several people are telling you are wrong, you shouldn't blame them for being baseless.

Proving that two extra people possess Gourmet Cells is far from
Every important person has them, including Chief Mansam, IGO President Ichiryu, all the Bishokukai, Nocking Master Jirou and so on.

Oberon
June 15, 2011, 12:06 PM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: JJT (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46037741)
Credits: JJT (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46037741)

http://thumbnails35.imagebam.com/13672/0c0a3e136716654.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0c0a3e136716654) http://thumbnails37.imagebam.com/13672/b378aa136716673.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b378aa136716673)

Other pics here: http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46037741

Please use spoiler tags for spoilers in single-series threads, thanks!

Sorry, my fault saladesu! ~oberon

saladesu
June 15, 2011, 12:23 PM
Please watch your tone. There is no need to bash each other or each others' opinions when they differ, so if you wish to continue this debate, please continue in a civil manner. Any antagonizing posts will be dealt with accordingly.

Right now, it hasn't been confirmed by Shimabukuro himself exactly who has gourmet cells and who doesn't. Until he does, we can't say for sure. We know some of the people who do, but that's not to say that no-one outside of that list of people mentioned definitely don't have gourmet cells. I do think it is quite a logical conclusion, that since gourmet cells allow one to ego beyond the normal limits of the human body, it is likely, though not certain, that most of the strong fighters and those capable of surviving in the gourmet world have gourmet cells. Whether or not they do, we'll have to wait and see.

ErosVp
June 15, 2011, 05:19 PM
Probably people related to Acacia, Igo or Bishokukai have gourmet cells! That yakuza and knight guys from the century soup arc shouldn't have for ex...

kidopitz27
June 15, 2011, 09:24 PM
i think everyone has gourmet cells and from what i saw in the manga you need to eat a special food that is suitable to you like in the marble meat when eaten by toriko his gourmet cells activated and then when the Bishokukai leader drink the century soup i think nothing happen he just explain something about gourmet cells

LoS
June 16, 2011, 05:37 AM
I don't have Internet access for the next few days so i am doing this from my phone so I apologize in advance if there is an error

But here is the Chinese Scanlation for Chapter 145 (http://bbs.52manyou.com/read.php?tid=41128)

VashDaStampede
June 16, 2011, 08:44 AM
Interesting...I'm really ready for the chapter to come out now.

I wonder what the deal was with the knife that Komatsu pulled out. And I wonder if that old man is another legendary chef.

maxikki
June 16, 2011, 12:35 PM
Looks like Tina from the Toriko anime makes a small appearance on page 3 of chapter 145 ( where's waldo) lol

jorped
June 16, 2011, 01:42 PM
So Toriko and Komatsu are persons that Acacia "feels" (he is dead but ..... :XD) that can inherit his will
It was a nice chapter :thumbs
But i still don't have a single idea about what is going to happen now :confused

Koen
June 16, 2011, 03:00 PM
An amusing chapter to keep it simpler. I think this chapter was mainly used to show the potential skills which our combo Toriko and Komatsu have. I think the upcoming arc should be about an ingredient search which strengthens the combination Toriko and Komatsu. I think it would be good if Komatsu would become more responsible in the upcoming arc. Okay, he somewhat got his responsibilities during the mellow cola arc but even then, he was protected by Zebra, etc...

Drakno
June 16, 2011, 10:46 PM
@ sabret00the http://i9.mangareader.net/toriko/101/toriko-1420188.jpg here we can see that the bishokukai boss also has the cells and it is impied that the rest of the bishokukai also have them (since he says that by giving the soup to others may raise the number of people able to enter gourmet world, also http://i22.mangareader.net/toriko/37/toriko-574273.jpg Sani thinks so too... Obviously people like Zombie Zonge probably have never even heard about the gourmet cells but it's a safe bet that the people who are actually strong have them

VashDaStampede
June 17, 2011, 07:35 AM
Good chapter. For a minute there though, I thought they were going to reveal Acacia's entire full course. It looks like the next chapter we'll find out what ingredient is next. I hope Komatsu gets a "physical" upgrade in this next arc...even if its a little one.

ErosVp
June 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
They are going after another ingredient next chapter right? I wonder how many time Komatsus actually works in his restaurant...

saladesu
June 17, 2011, 12:26 PM
Gourmet prayers? Food exorcisms? Say what? :blink

It was a pretty nice, fun and laid back chapter, I liked it :) I guess their improved "food luck" will go a long way in helping them with their future quests to find more ingredients. I wonder where their next adventure takes them. I do agree Komatsu's in line for an upgrade, especially physically and hopefully in terms of battle capabilities.

@ErosVp, yeah haha it seems like Komatsu is hardly at his restaurant :XD I think that's fairly common for big-name, internationally famous chefs, though. Since they're always traveling and cooking in other restaurants, their home restaurants bear their name but oftentimes its not actually them doing the cooking. I guess that's a similar situation Komatsu's in. Everyone knows him for the Century Soup and patronize the restaurant expecting to be served food from this fabled chef, but he's actually hardly there :p

Dasbones
June 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
Would like to get a good look at the list the president gave him. I remember somebody saying they read 'Meteor Garlic' on there. Wonder if that's going to be a herb or seasoning like Melk's star-dust. Because I don't see Toriko adding anything into his full course menu untill he enters the gourmet world, heck he might even replace Rainbow fruit and BB corn with something from there. Or maybe those ingredients have some sentimental value to Toriko in a sense.

Drakno
June 20, 2011, 08:44 PM
Would like to get a good look at the list the president gave him. I remember somebody saying they read 'Meteor Garlic' on there.

http://i24.mangareader.net/toriko/123/toriko-1657325.jpg that's all we got as far as I know from the list, yes meteo garlic is there but we don't really know any of the other materials

Tenacious Weezy
June 21, 2011, 02:12 AM
Just caught up to this manga started last week. I got to say this is probably the best manga I've read in a very long time. It's consistent, fresh, etc. I see no flaws in it, I'd say this story will be good for as long as the mangaka keeps making it.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 21, 2011, 04:13 AM
The last chapter was pretty decent. We got another confirmation on Toriko's and Komatsu's importance. They do have "food's luck".:) It would have been interesting to hear Akatsia's Full Course, but of course it will be revealed for sure, cause it's logical to believe that the ingridients for his Full Course reside in the Gourmet World. I believe Toriko will add God and maybe something else to his Full Course.;)

Also it's going to be interesting to see what ingridient they will search for in this Arc. Toriko also is supposedly to develop speed in this Arc, hence there are several posibilities:
1. The enviroment, where the ingridient will be will force Toriko to develop speed;
2. Toriko will face someone strong and very fast, hence will be also forced to become faster.
3. There is also a posibility that the ingridient itself will develop Toriko's speed to some degree.

LoS
June 21, 2011, 05:43 AM
3. There is also a posibility that the ingridient itself will develop Toriko's speed to some degree.

Maybe the act of procuring/catching the ingredient itself can only be done by one with great speed, i.e meteor's are very fast moving.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 21, 2011, 05:49 AM
Yes, that's would be logical.:) So Toriko's Gourmet Cells will evolve and grant him better speed or he will just train his body to enhance his speed.:)

P.S. I don't if it's only my impresion, but it seems that Toriko and IGO President Ichiryu look alike. Maybe they can be blood-related.

ibn.
June 21, 2011, 06:11 AM
When Stajyun mentioned speed, to myself at least, he wasn't talking about Toriko's physical speed, but he reaction and preparedness. Toriko wasn't slow in moving, but slow to react to the threat of Stajyun. Jiro mentioned the same thing when Toriko was in the Gourmet World. Don't know what ingredient can improve that, but I hope there will be an environment so dangerous Toriko can't let down his guard for a second.

Oberon
June 22, 2011, 05:34 AM
Toriko Spoiler #146: Japanese Script (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46191135)

VashDaStampede
June 22, 2011, 09:12 AM
So...looks like they are after the Meteor Garlic next. And maybe some kinda apple. Can't wait for the chapter!

eclipse12
June 22, 2011, 09:30 AM
Nice but what is on my mind is where it is located. Ozone Herb - Vegetable sky, Melk Stardust - Heavy hole, and Mellow Cola - Gourment Pyramid.

Also what is the way to obtain it. So far each ingrediant has a special way to obtain. Ozone Herb pull leaves as a team. Melk Stardust sharp a knife with it to get the dust. Mellow Cola make the salamander sphinx cry. So i wonder how they will be able to obtain.

Drakno
June 22, 2011, 09:35 AM
my guess is that this will be training for the "gasses" enviroment (you know the enviroment that made Toriko bleed from his eyes)

Lyn685
June 22, 2011, 09:46 AM
I will translate the italian spoilers:
"Toriko and Komatsu set out to find the next ingredient, which is an apple and not the meteor garlic (I could be wrong though), it seems that Zonge also appears."

Hangedman
June 22, 2011, 12:58 PM
image:
http://thumbnails55.imagebam.com/13763/0a04da137625726.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0a04da137625726) http://thumbnails24.imagebam.com/13763/351d0e137625736.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/351d0e137625736) http://thumbnails40.imagebam.com/13763/9911c7137625751.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9911c7137625751) image 4 (http://www.imagebam.com/image/cc133a137625759) image 5 (http://www.imagebam.com/image/513c87137625775) image 6 (http://www.imagebam.com/image/2501d1137625789) image 7 (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a0191f137625798)

VashDaStampede
June 22, 2011, 01:32 PM
Ah, so not the meteor garlic. Although it does look like Zonge managed to "get" the apple in the end. I'll just wait until the chapter comes out.

Oberon
June 22, 2011, 06:25 PM
Toriko Spoiler #146: Color Page & Pics HQ + English Summary (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46191135)

Dasbones
June 23, 2011, 02:59 AM
The guy with the hat looks like one of the taste masters.

If that's the case, I wonder if he is requesting an ingredient from Toriko, or sending him on a mission?

LoS
June 23, 2011, 07:24 AM
Mangastream has released the chapter (http://mangastream.com/read/toriko/36892254/1)

The guy with the hat looks like one of the taste masters.

If that's the case, I wonder if he is requesting an ingredient from Toriko, or sending him on a mission?

from Kewl

He's one of G7. He's name's uh... Apollon.
You can actually see his silhouette in that chapter at the end of the Century Soup arc where G7 first appeared.

Keino
June 23, 2011, 03:32 PM
An unexpected chapter full of lulz especially the one at the end with Zonge :lmao Also laughed at the level 100 that you need to destroy the whole world just to eat an apple lol.

Any way look like next week it will be a serious chapter, where Toriko will be going to find the next food on the list. I hope he takes Terry with him cuz I would love to see how far along she has and if she is closer to Toriko's strength.

k-dom
June 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
This chapter is so stupid :-) ! But the twist end was funny. And it was nice to see some old known faces again

LoS
June 23, 2011, 03:57 PM
So Ichi's strength is greater than a meteorite hitting the earth, that or he caught the apple off guard, lol

One thing I noticed is that Toriko's punch is still only 17 hits. Usually after each successive arc it goes up 2 or 3 punches. Then again he might not have been going all out(but I think he was), or since the chapter was more for the lulz it didn't really bear showing his added punches.

Also, it's pretty funny that the G7 guy ate an apple which got farted on, hahaha.

Ero-Sanji
June 23, 2011, 04:09 PM
Let me get this straight, Apollon ate an apple that someone farted on?
Haha, that's amazing, a practically useless chapter with so much win and new characters.

Could someone link to the G7 silhouette chapter?

aise2i
June 23, 2011, 04:11 PM
LOL, so hilarious =)))
The Surprise Island may well become Fart Island after Zonge's mischievous act :)))