PDA

View Full Version : Hangout Toriko Hangout Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

daman246
June 23, 2011, 04:46 PM
wow gotta say this week the most surprising shounen manga is toriko lol hilarious

ErosVp
June 23, 2011, 05:00 PM
I laughed really hard at zombie's fart! XD
A chapter to break the mood... I'm pretty sure things will be serious agian nexxt chapter....

obamamania
June 23, 2011, 05:16 PM
I felt like I was reading Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo during this chapter lol, it was so twisted. But it was pretty good for a transitional chapter, I really really thought it was funny. Too bad this week Toriko basically vanished off the top manga list at mangareader, this was good stuff lol.

fizban
June 23, 2011, 09:33 PM
One part of this chapter that I particularly enjoyed was that we got to see one of the top 50 chefs in the world. We already heard that somebody has been targeting high-class chefs, so when the story moves to talk about that we'll recognize her and think it is a cool thing that Shimabukuro remembered her.

Good to know that Terry has continued to power up. She's already at a higher level than almost every person on the island! I hope she is a part of the next arc.

LoS
June 23, 2011, 10:43 PM
Could someone link to the G7 silhouette chapter?

Here you go. Bottom left panel. (http://www.mangareader.net/349-54088-8/toriko/chapter-98.html)

One part of this chapter that I particularly enjoyed was that we got to see one of the top 50 chefs in the world. We already heard that somebody has been targeting high-class chefs, so when the story moves to talk about that we'll recognize her and think it is a cool thing that Shimabukuro remembered her.

Well, it's odd that we never heard how many stars her restaurant is. We've heard/seen the Chefs who operate a 7 star and an 8 star restaurant. Also, she was a recognized/strong food hunter as well, so she had some physical and fighting strength along with her cooking skills.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 24, 2011, 02:07 AM
The chapter was funny, especially the end, but now I hope we will move to some serious Arc.:)

Terry really got stronger and it will be great if he participates in the upcoming Arc, cause he may get even stronger. I believe he will be growing with Toriko to finally go to the Gourmet World together.:)

About that Chef and ex-Bishokuya... I believe we'll see her in the future arcs. She should be at least at Toriko's level of strength. She might even be one of those who work in the 0th Biotope.;)

Also that's interesting. Actually we might say that Ichiruy is a bit stronger than Jirou, sinse he got 3 levels better in apple's intimidation.:)

LoS
June 24, 2011, 02:13 AM
Also that's interesting. Actually we might say that Ichiruy is a bit stronger than Jirou, sinse he got 3 levels better in apple's intimidation.:)

That was sort of implied, when he was mentioned as the best pupil. That could mean most dedicated... a bunch of other redeeming qualities, or it could be referring to strength as well.

saladesu
June 24, 2011, 02:34 AM
The apples on page 11 and 17 are so cute!! :gigglebunny :XD

A pretty funny chapter, though I hope the story moves on to more meaty stuff soon. It's nice to have laid-back, carefree chapters like this after an arc, but it can get boring if dragged on for too long. Of course that's not to say the chapter is useless, as Apolon and Tsuraramama were introduced. I'm sure this won't be the last we see of them.

Lyn685
June 24, 2011, 02:39 AM
Did anyone else notice that Tsurara-Mama has those metal things on or in her head (and neck) like Mansam?
I wonder what these are for.

jorped
June 24, 2011, 02:27 PM
Chapter was fun and surprising :rofl
It's not that bad to get chapters like this sometimes, specially if we ended a arc soon ;)

Koen
June 24, 2011, 05:14 PM
Funny chapter :rofl especially when you get to know that the IGO president, Jirou and ... got a + ninety level and then suddenly some meaningless character, though a funny one, like zonge same gets an 80 level.

Btw, is it me or is Zonge an homage to Toriyama and Satan of Dragonball. Every time I see Zonge, he somewhat reminds me of Satan. The similarities are spot on

naruto-niichan
June 24, 2011, 05:30 PM
Funny chapter :rofl especially when you get to know that the IGO president, Jirou and ... got a + ninety level and then suddenly some meaningless character, though a funny one, like zonge same gets an 80 level.

Btw, is it me or is Zonge an homage to Toriyama and Satan of Dragonball. Every time I see Zonge, he somewhat reminds me of Satan. The similarities are spot on

well as the G7 guy said, it's not just about strength so it's excusable. The apples were really funny, laughed a lot at the hilarious faces they made :XD Still as funny as this chapter is, I hope the plot moves forward soon, just because I cannot wait to see more of the "Gourmet World" and the clash with the Bishokukai.

Agreed on Zonge being a replica of Satan, he always reminds me of him. He's weak and yet he can play a significant role like with the tunnel on Ice Hell. Looks like Toriko and Dragonball really share a lot of similarities :ninja

ZayCon
June 25, 2011, 11:49 AM
Really funny chapter indeed! Always nice to have these kind of laid-back chapters from time to time. Even though the chapter was hilarious, it also got some interesting stuff (like lvl 90 apples). Even though the lvl 90 apple doesn't mean to much when Zonge gets a lvl 80 by farting on it x)

I agree with Zonge being a replica of Satan. They're totally alike.

Franckie
June 27, 2011, 11:20 AM
I've only recently caught up with all the chapters and I must say I'm impressed with the direction of the story thus far. What I enjoy the most is the world building that's top notch and feels like a weird mix between One Piece and HxH. The author has a lot of imagination and does a decent job at creating memorable locales, which is not something you always see for manga in general.

I also enjoy the nostalgia that surrounds the main cast. The main cast reminds of the older days of shounen (e.g. JJBA). The main cast are composed of manly leads, which is a stark and refreshing contrast of a lot of other leading characters in today's works.

Drakno
June 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
JJBA was all about Dio Brando, Stajyun is nowhere near the level of epicness Dio achieved through out his life (and afterlife) I mean who liked the 4rth and 5th saga anyway (no complains about the second saga though, it was epic, especially the italian guy with the bubbles and the nazi cyborg). If I wanted to compare the chars of Toriko with an oldschool manga I would have gon with DQ: Dai no Daibouken

Oberon
June 29, 2011, 08:46 AM
Toriko #147 Spoiler: Japanese Script & English Rough Translation (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=46422112)

eclipse12
June 29, 2011, 10:33 AM
I get it he doesn't want the manga to progress to fast so these chapters are to make the manga last longer. These one chapters arcs are also used to show us that there are some ingregents that have to be cooked in a certaint way.

LoS
June 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
Well since for some reason Reborn and Bleach get more priority and are I guess more popular with the Mangastream staff and Toriko is on the backburner of Jump series

here is the Chinese raw for chapter 147 (http://bbs.52manyou.com/read.php?tid=41426)

Dasbones
June 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
Well since for some reason Reborn and Bleach get more priority and are I guess more popular with the Mangastream staff and Toriko is on the backburner of Jump series

Toriko isn't even close to being as popular as it should, I thinks it's one of the best new series I've read in a while.

jorped
June 30, 2011, 02:01 PM
Toriko isn't even close to being as popular as it should, I thinks it's one of the best new series I've read in a while.

I read Bleach until chapter 270 and Toriko is definitely way better. About Reborn i don't read it, but i hear some comments and none of them are good :p

But Bleach as more fans so it's normal to get out sooner, but the same i can't say about Reborn.
Toriko should definitely be out sooner, but the same i could say about Bakuman for example. I don't quite understand how Beelzebub is out so soon. Compared to these two it is clearly inferior.

I don't have a clue about what's going to happen this chapter, but i predict a start of new arc :zomg

LoS
June 30, 2011, 04:11 PM
I guess MS heard my complaint and rushed to release it, because here is the chapter hahah

Chapter 147 English Scanlation (http://mangastream.com/read/toriko/94621965/1)

jorped
June 30, 2011, 04:50 PM
Nice chapter, but these last chapters seem filler to me. I wonder when the real adventure is going to start.

ZayCon
June 30, 2011, 04:54 PM
Those chapters probably are fillers, so that he can plan his next arc better. Much like what Eiichiro Oda did with One Piece before the timeskip (Luffy, Ace and Sabo). At least that mini-arc seemed filler to me :)

The filler chapters are enjoyable though, so I won't complain, unless it goes on with these kind of chapters for a while.

Keino
June 30, 2011, 05:52 PM
A very nice chapter with heartwarming elements to it.
One think I noticed is another person with screw like objects embedded in their heads/body
example 1 (http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/146/12), guy from this chap (http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/147/11), Mansam here (http://www.mangareader.net/349-24595-6/toriko/chapter-26.html)

In the last link Mansam says his sense of pain is numbed I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Anyway the next chapter looks like Toriko will be looking for the next ingredient on the list. Looking forward to it.

LoS
June 30, 2011, 08:16 PM
the woman Bishokuya from 2 chapters ago had them as well, so no they are just random at this point.

saladesu
July 03, 2011, 10:51 AM
This was a nice, heartwarming chapter. Just that I found it pretty strange to say that "the most important thing is food" when what he was regretting was that he was out there as a Bishokuya searching for ingredients (food) instead of spending time with his wife actually eating the food. Anyway I thought this encounter might have been used to make Toriko take a step back and reevaluate why he's being a bishokuya, but I guess not.

The aori at the end of the chapter seems promising - a new development! Can't wait.

Perhaps the screws will indeed have some importance later on. Maybe they are "modified" humans? If one can have gourmet cells put into their bodies, modifying their brains/heads wouldn't be too farfetched.

VashDaStampede
July 04, 2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I thought this was a decent filler chapter as well. I guess since there's an anime now, he has to space things out a bit. Plus it looks like they are using fan ideas for beasts and ingredients for the anime fillers too.

I think we might get one more "filler" chapter before the arc really gets going. But I think the next will end with the beginning of the next arc.

k-dom
July 04, 2011, 12:31 PM
The aori at the end of the chapter seems promising - a new development! Can't wait.

The previous one also said there would be a development this chapter so I'm not sure they are reliable.

eclipse12
July 05, 2011, 11:37 AM
I get it. These filler chapters are all part of the next major ingredent. I read on the wikia that the next ingredent is Nova Ramen. The apple and the egg are all apart of this next ingredent.

saladesu
July 06, 2011, 02:56 PM
Toriko finally has its own section :confetti

We hope everyone likes the new addition! We've started some threads already but I'd like to encourage everyone to please feel free to start a new thread for any pertinent discussion that isn't already covered by the threads started :thumbs Enjoy, and spread the Toriko love ~~~

Keino
July 06, 2011, 03:23 PM
Yes a new section!!!!! :) now I can finally spam new Toriko threads(joking)
But seriously it is one of my favs and the more discussion opportunities the better.

yellowblue
July 06, 2011, 05:51 PM
Yey like Noblesse, Toriko finally got a new section. Thanks!

Too bad people in Toriko are reborn as ingredient lol.

exacta
July 06, 2011, 08:42 PM
Got to say, its about damn time they gave Toriko a new section lol.

LoS
July 06, 2011, 10:18 PM
This is sooooo awesome, Toriko has it's own board now!!!!

I thought I saw Beelzebub had it's own board earlier, but I'm much more excited, about damn time!

LoS
July 06, 2011, 10:19 PM
It's getting frustrating that Mangastream continues churning out Reborn before Toriko, the ratings of the two are night and day. I can only hope that it's because Mangastream's staffers who work on the two chapters the Reborn people are available earlier than the Toriko staffers.

Zatono
July 07, 2011, 12:09 AM
It's getting frustrating that Mangastream continues churning out Reborn before Toriko, the ratings of the two are night and day. I can only hope that it's because Mangastream's staffers who work on the two chapters the Reborn people are available earlier than the Toriko staffers.

Well if its like that then the Toriko should be before Bleach as well, right? It's probably just availability, or perhaps this is just the order the staff thought would be best.

Zatono
July 07, 2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, it's definitely about time Toriko got its own section. Now we can take our random ramblings that we have in here and make actual threads out of them :cookiehand

kewl0210
July 07, 2011, 10:36 AM
My group (Hi Wa Mata Noboru) should at some point be able to go back to getting Toriko scanlations done on Wednesdays. Just my cleaner's been busy and now we're behind and gotta catch up. We principally only have one cleaner for Toriko, though sometimes other guys on Juin Jutsu Team help out. But we should be able to get raws then and get it done weekly once he's less so.

Koen
July 08, 2011, 06:53 PM
You're all welcome... A great manga deserves great love but I hope that the section will deserve your love too.

Create threads, discuss the manga and make it a lively place

fizban
July 12, 2011, 01:57 AM
One thing we haven't run across so far in this series is people with dietary restrictions. Are there no vegetarians in the gourmet era? What about food allergies? Heck, the closest thing we've seen to a person NOT wanting to eat anything is Rin being grossed out by Mansam's booze-centric full course menu.

This might be another weird thing to complain about, but the cooking in this series seems pretty basic. I watch a lot of cooking competitions, and have seen some really amazing things that people do with food these days. But Komatsu doesn't seem like the type who would ever dabble in something like Molecular Gastronomy. One thing I like about food series is seeing all the research the authors do to really make the food come alive. If we get to see more of the chefs in this series I hope they bring their own unique cooking styles.

Drakno
July 12, 2011, 07:29 AM
not true, there was Aimaru or whatever his name was with his disease diet, as for komatsu's skills I would agree if the ingridients weren't so impossible to handle without spoiling.

N0R7H
July 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
Where I can download the oneshot of Toriko? The link at the first post is dead...

Akiyama
July 25, 2011, 09:33 AM
RAW: http://www.mediafire.com/?g3ercn7tt4382vc
There are no english scans of the oneshot.

ErosVp
August 28, 2011, 12:46 PM
So.... what happened to Saladesu? This forum isn't very lively without her....

Koen
August 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Saladesu is quite busy with school life but she'll be back. I decided to come back for that reason too. It is time to pimp up the series section but therefor we need member participation, people who discuss etc

Zehahaha
October 16, 2011, 01:41 PM
Is there anyone who thinks that Mansam may be the disciple of Knocking Master Jirou ? They both love alcohol, and have the same technique that literally change their bodies and make it pretty damn huge.

Dasbones
October 17, 2011, 08:09 PM
I don't think he's Jirou's disciple, although he may have learned the technique from him. It's a pretty supplementary technique, and he seems to be similar to Toriko in that he uses hand to hand fighting (from what we've seen so far.) It isn't out of the question, but I doubt it.

And I'm basing that completely off of the fact that he can't have a pompadour; due to his devastating case of bald.

Salce
July 02, 2012, 11:45 AM
I can't remember if I ever published my character map here. But anyway, I've been doing it since last year, and I just update it.

It's basically a concept map showing all the characters, with their affiliations and relationships:

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8664/torikocharactermapbysal.jpg

In a future version I'm planing to differenciate Gourmet National Treasures, somehow.
Also, there are character that beside his main title, are also bishokuya. I guess I have to do something about that.
Pets are going to be in the next version too. And maybe nameless characters.

Please let me know if there is any mistake.

Grizzin Farl
July 04, 2012, 05:15 PM
I don't wanna write this in the 194th spoiler section, even though it deals with it.

There's one thing that bugs me a bit and thats Rins device to estimate the capture level of beasts. Firstly, I do think that it's a nice way of story tellingg, a good development for the story and a nice way to estimate "power". Anyways, we learned that the capture level of beasts is not necessairly restricted to its "power". The best examples coming to my mind right now are the "Madame Fish", which is said to have a capture level of nothing less than 83 (http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/174/12), and the "Shining Gourami", which is said to have a capture level of above 80 because of the "Death Falls"(I know that it's stated, that the Gourami has a capture level below even 1, but that's not the problem here).

I think that for things like the "Ozone Herb", the "Shining Gourami", the "Madame Fish" and other Beasts and Ingridients, capture levels will be a little bit harder to estimate.
Who will set the level? Toriko out of experience, once he gained the ingridient?, like "this was harder than the "Cracked up Roadrunner", but easier than the "Saddle-sored Nag", so it should be about capture level 132."

That device, even though I don't understand how it can estimate "power" (which doesn't really matter because it's shounen and some things just don't need an explanation), is a great way for the measuring of wild beasts, but I think that it lacks the power to estimate things like "special cooking" or "a hard way to get there" (That would be to illogical, even for shounen).

So, how do you think capture levels of those "special cases" will be estimated? Will they stop estimating them? Will they use experience or will the omnicient narrator just declare it? I have complete trust in Shima to figure out a good way.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 05, 2012, 02:25 AM
I believe this device will be used to measure only capture level of wild beasts and not of the actual ingridients. Of course these beasts can be also ingridients, but still its purpose is find how strong overall the beast you are facing is.
For the ingridients I believe the capture level is set in another way counting the different things (how difficult is to find it, hoiw difficult is to get it, how to prepare it and so on).:)

Shadoguardian
July 07, 2012, 03:44 AM
Personal short term prediction:

The Four Heavenly Kings decide to battle one of the Four Beasts each, but argue among themselves which Beast they should take.
They eventually come to a decision and split up.
Komatsu goes with Rin, but when he see's the beasts, he instantly knows that each Beast is a Specially Prepared Ingredient, and asks the Kings to fall back.
After confirming with the Kings that they wish to eat the Beasts, they realize that, since Komatsu is probably the only one who could prepare them, that they will need the Chef to help them.
They strategize and come to the decision that they will tackle each beast one at a time.
They defeat the beasts in such a way that they will be tasty (in a similar manner to the Salamander Sphinx) under Komatsu's direction.
However, after defeating all of them, a fifth beast from the Gourmet World (or maybe Human World's own CLVL 100 beast) appears.
It too is a Specially Prepared Ingredient, and though exhausted, by recalling all their training, and entering their emergency modes (Toriko: Autophagy; Zebra: Anger; etc.), they manage to defeat it.
They eat each beast and all of them evolve.

Personal Long Term Prediction:

Cooking Fest arc:

After defeating the Four Beasts, Komatsu has gathered certain raw materials (like a fang, bone, claw or piece of shell) from each of them.
He is then approached by Kuriboh's apprentice, who offers to make Komatsu a pot, which the Chef accepts, and gives the apprentice the raw materials to make a pot.
The apprentice was sent to Komatsu by his Kuriboh, who was in turn asked by Ichiryuu to do this.
The pot is made and with it Komatsu enters the Cooking Fest.
All the Heavenly Kings also attend the Cooking Fest as part of the audience.
The Gourmet Hermit is one of the judges, along with the G7.
Setsunoo, Chiru, Nono and the other two Chefs that briefly appeared in chapter 158 also participate. We will also see some of the Chef's mentioned in chapter 156.
The Bishokukai also enter some Chefs, including Ootake, as spies and scouts.
Komatsu competes in the cooking tournament, and defeats Ootake in cooking, making it to the semi- or quarter-finals before he is narrowly defeated.
The Bishokukai launch a covert attack, but are defeated by the Gourmet Hermit, and maybe even the Kings.

The next arc is Entering the Gourmet World arc/saga:

Toriko enters the Gourmet World with Komatsu and all the other Heavenly Kings.
They start hunting and testing their strength against wild beasts, as well as evolving.

The next arc is Ichiryuu's Full Course arc/saga:

Now that they are in the Gourmet World, Komatsu realizes that they can now prepare Ichiryuu's full course.
They do so and evolve several times over.

The next arc is the Kings vs the Jidal Kingdom arc/saga:

The Kings (or maybe just Komatsu) stumble on to the Jidal Kingdom as they look for Acacia's notebook.
A battle occurs, which the Kings manage to win, and they get Acacia's notebook as a spoils of war.

After getting Acacia's notebook, they start hunting for Acacia's Full Course.

Bucho
July 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
is thos possbile that gourmet world is not only in this planet and there is another planet that is fully gourmet world ?caus eit will be epic!

Demon Roronoa Zoro
July 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
@Shadoguardian You really have a thing for Komastu don't you.

k-dom
July 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
In last sket dance chapter, bossun is making a request ingredient for toriko ? Does anyone know how it works exactly ? It's a long time since it's done but i never thought to ask. Do fan only sendxthe name or also a sketch like bossun did ?

Shadoguardian
July 11, 2012, 11:21 PM
@Shadoguardian You really have a thing for Komastu don't you.

More like I pity him. I feel sorry for the guy, being the only normal fellow amongst the super humans, and, besides his cooking skills, I don't think that's going to change as he is clearly there to give a normal persons perspective of the opponents. But I also think he is there as a voice of reason. He's also thrown into crazy situations, and they are going to be crazier once they enter the Gourmet World, so I want him to be prepared.

Zehahaha
July 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
I think that is true and that will give Komatsu something to do.

I also get the vibe that Ichi wanted to tell the four of the, that each beast is suited to one of the kings and that they should split up accordingly.
Of course they won't do this and will have to change enemies to suit their fighting styles and abilities.
It feels somewhat familiar with this kind of story structure.

I also want to stress the reason what I love about Toriko the most.
Unlike Dragonball e.g. where you are worthless unless you are a Saiyan or Naruto where you need some form of supernatural power-up and without you are utterly useless for the sake of the plot Toriko has many and very different styles and ways of growth.

Toriko learned food honour and food immersion.
Sani learned about Intuition from Guemon.
Zerbra learned a lot from a Dharma Hermit whatever that means.
All things very differebnt in their nature and it give the feeling that there is a vest and living world in Toriko of which we only get to see a small share at a time.

Erm no... You need Gourmet Cells in order to be strong, if you don't have them you're trash, then you need to power up your cells by eating ingredients... What you're describing are merely fighting styles. You are worthless if you don't have Gourmet Cells, you are worthless if you don't power them up by eating ingredients, it's pretty much the same thing.

Zatono
July 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Erm no... You need Gourmet Cells in order to be strong, if you don't have them you're trash, then you need to power up your cells by eating ingredients... What you're describing are merely fighting styles. You are worthless if you don't have Gourmet Cells, you are worthless if you don't power them up by eating ingredients, it's pretty much the same thing.

I don't think this is totally correct. Sure, Gourmet Cells help a ton, but there are still people like Acacia that should have been pretty strong before people had Gourmet Cells implanted into them.

And then there are people like Melk II, there's no proof she has gourmet cells, and she's still relatively strong IIRC. Not to mention the food honor people besides Chin, and Match.

The Gourmet Knights too, maybe, besides Ai, since I'm not sure how their cells could evolve without eating extravagantly.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
Actually most of the relevant people in this manga have Gourmet Cells. I believe only Komatsu and Melk and Match don't have them. The thing is that some fighters don't need Cells only because they don't go to Gourmet World and also because they use not a physical strength to fight, but swords or something else that enables them to be on par with more or less strong beasts.
And those from Gourmet Knights eat special ingridients that are aloud for them by their doctrine, but they can also power you up.:)

P.S. About Food Honour... It doesn't actually make you stronger. It just makes use of all your strength and cut off all your useless movements and get out the potential you don't use normally, so literaly it makes you always fight close to your 100% and also makes you more skilled and collected.

Zehahaha
July 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
I don't think this is totally correct. Sure, Gourmet Cells help a ton, but there are still people like Acacia that should have been pretty strong before people had Gourmet Cells implanted into them.

And then there are people like Melk II, there's no proof she has gourmet cells, and she's still relatively strong IIRC. Not to mention the food honor people besides Chin, and Match.

The Gourmet Knights too, maybe, besides Ai, since I'm not sure how their cells could evolve without eating extravagantly.

In no way the Shokurin temple assistants don't have gourmet cells, let me put it clearly : Superhuman feats and power = Gourmet Cells in Toriko's world. This was already explained by Sani back at the Jewel meat arc. About Melk II, it's her knifes that do the job honestly, although she could've Gourmet cells, but she may not be interested into powering up

About the Gourmet Knights, just because of their teachings doesn't mean they don't eat food that would power them up, they're just not glutton like Toriko... Don't forget that Toriko just keep eating and drinking non stop :teehee

llydnarz
July 13, 2012, 12:22 AM
Acacia and Frohze doesn't have Gourmet Cells before they discovered the Gourmet Jellyfish. But they're already strong during that time.

Ichiryuu, Jiro and Midora also might not have Gourmet Cells before they became Acacia's followers. It only proves that even without Gourmet Cells, there are exceptional people that can still be strong.

Zoro #1
July 13, 2012, 12:26 AM

Lets not forget that some of the Best Chefs are human and started out plain, even Setsuna doesn't seem to have Gourmet cells in her, I think the Chefs don't really need gourmet cells rather they rely on food luck and their tech. to pass in the GW. Plus Komatsu seems to have improved a lot so I am not really concerned as long he improves in his tech.

Zehahaha
July 13, 2012, 05:36 AM
Acacia and Frohze doesn't have Gourmet Cells before they discovered the Gourmet Jellyfish. But they're already strong during that time.

Ichiryuu, Jiro and Midora also might not have Gourmet Cells before they became Acacia's followers. It only proves that even without Gourmet Cells, there are exceptional people that can still be strong.

We haven't seen Acacia and Frohze and yet you say something like that ? Who told you that they're strong before discovering the Gourmet Jellyfish ? We have 0 idea about that.

We know nothing about Ichiryuu, Jirou, Midora's past... Who told you that they were Bishokuya before meeting Acacia and becoming his disciples ? Stop throwing things like this and considering them as facts.

Lets not forget that some of the Best Chefs are human and started out plain, even Setsuna doesn't seem to have Gourmet cells in her, I think the Chefs don't really need gourmet cells rather they rely on food luck and their tech. to pass in the GW. Plus Komatsu seems to have improved a lot so I am not really concerned as long he improves in his tech.

Setsuno does have Gourmet Cells... If you still doubt that, I'd probably just ask you to reread that part where she met Alfaro at Ice Hell and you'll get it.
It is already established, I don't get why you people suddenly brings that out... Superhuman power = Gourmet Cells. It's easy as that, and don't think that the author will waste time saying who does have Gourmet Cells and who doesn't... It's obvious.

llydnarz
July 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
We haven't seen Acacia and Frohze and yet you say something like that ? Who told you that they're strong before discovering the Gourmet Jellyfish ? We have 0 idea about that.

We know nothing about Ichiryuu, Jirou, Midora's past... Who told you that they were Bishokuya before meeting Acacia and becoming his disciples ? Stop throwing things like this and considering them as facts.

Acacia and Frohze didn't become legendary just because of their gourmet cells. I'm pretty sure they're already strong before the discovery of the gourmet jellyfish.
And let me just quote what you've said, "let me put it clearly : Superhuman feats and power = Gourmet Cells in Toriko's world"
Aren't you the first who threw things and considered them facts?

As Zatono said, Match and also Takimaru are the best example of someone who have Power and could perform Superhuman feats without needing to have gourmet cells. If Match doesn't have those two, I don't think he would survive an encounter against the strongest heavenly king.
And Takimaru defeated a bishokukai branch chief.

Now if you have doubts about them not having gourmet cells, just take a look at these links:
http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?p=4417184 Post #34
http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Match read the comments section

Zehahaha
July 13, 2012, 07:11 AM
Acacia and Frohze didn't become legendary just because of their gourmet cells. I'm pretty sure they're already strong before the discovery of the gourmet jellyfish.
And let me just quote what you've said, "let me put it clearly : Superhuman feats and power = Gourmet Cells in Toriko's world"
Aren't you the first who threw things and considered them facts?

As Zatono said, Match and also Takimaru are the best example of someone who have Power and could perform Superhuman feats without needing to have gourmet cells. If Match doesn't have those two, I don't think he would survive an encounter against the strongest heavenly king.
And Takimaru defeated a bishokukai branch chief.

Now if you have doubts about them not having gourmet cells, just take a look at these links:
http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?p=4417184 Post #34
http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Match read the comments section

I'm not throwing facts, as it has been said by Sani himself. (http://www.mangareader.net/349-24606-12/toriko/chapter-37.html)
But you, you keep bringing " people's comments " as a fact... They're not Shimabukuro as far as I recall right ? So, they're automaticlly disregarded.

About Takimaru, he does have gourmet cells. (http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/178/8)

Now get your facts straight, and wether you're sure Acacia and Frohze are strong is irrelevant because such a thing wasn't shown once in the manga, it is your opinion, that I respect, but that is not absolute.

llydnarz
July 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
I'm not throwing facts, as it has been said by Sani himself. (http://www.mangareader.net/349-24606-12/toriko/chapter-37.html)
But you, you keep bringing " people's comments " as a fact... They're not Shimabukuro as far as I recall right ? So, they're automaticlly disregarded.

About Takimaru, he does have gourmet cells. (http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/178/8)

Now get your facts straight, and wether you're sure Acacia and Frohze are strong is irrelevant because such a thing wasn't shown once in the manga, it is your opinion, that I respect, but that is not absolute.

Could you tell me exactly where Sani said that "only" people with gourmet cells could do superhuman things?

And about Toriko commenting on Takimaru's cell growth, that was AFTER Century Soup arc where Takimaru got severely wounded and Teppei treated him.
As you can see here, http://www.mangareader.net/349-51731-4/toriko/chapter-94.html the Doctor Aloe that was wrapped on Takimaru's body has the ability to heal CELLS.

So Takimaru could have received some gourmet cells from that bandage which Toriko noticed.
And look at Toriko's words: "Your cells have really evolved since before"
Now that BEFORE could mean when Takimaru still have normal cells.

But still, we are not sure if Takimaru really have gourmet cells. Toriko could also mean the cells that were affected by the "Curse" which was healed.

Zehahaha
July 13, 2012, 08:29 AM
Could you tell me exactly where Sani said that "only" people with gourmet cells could do superhuman things?

And about Toriko commenting on Takimaru's cell growth, that was AFTER Century Soup arc where Takimaru got severely wounded and Teppei treated him.
As you can see here, http://www.mangareader.net/349-51731-4/toriko/chapter-94.html the Doctor Aloe that was wrapped on Takimaru's body has the ability to heal CELLS.

So Takimaru could have received some gourmet cells from that bandage which Toriko noticed.
And look at Toriko's words: "Your cells have really evolved since before"
Now that BEFORE could mean when Takimaru still have normal cells.

But still, we are not sure if Takimaru really have gourmet cells. Toriko could also mean the cells that were affected by the "Curse" which was healed.

He said that injecting people with Gourmet Cells gives birth to supermen... If it isn't clear enough, I don't know how can I explain it more than that...

Yeah the Dotor Aloe that heals " CELLS THAT HAVE NECROSIS LIKE BURNS OR FROSTBITES " (nice how you disregarded this part too...)
And also, what Sani said, Gourmet Cells come from the Gourmet Jellyfish, not from Doctor Aloe, again, you just keep on spouting theories and such with nothing to back it up, like this whole Takimaru could have received GC from Doctor Aloe. And also, by before, Toriko meant the last time he met him at Ice Hell, nothing else nothing more.

Also, the GW disease wasn't completely healed, Aimaru did absorb it but it wasn't enough, as even Yosaku said that Takimaru still does have it. And also, that medecine was for Aimaru to begin with, so it's not like Takimaru ate it and was healed.

noonethere
July 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/38903/toriko_ch50_by_map-scans
Concerning whether Acacia had Gourmet Cells or not, from the link above, it does mention that Acacia was already an accomplished Bishokuya before discovering Gourmet Cells, indicating that he was already strong enough even before he could have gourmet cells. Also in the link given by Zehahaha, the last panel seems to indicate that his disciplines are the first successful examples of human with Gourmet cells. Moreover, the constant comparison of Komatsu with Frohze may indicate that Frohze wasn't the atheletic type..Well, in the end, its still speculation....

llydnarz
July 13, 2012, 09:33 PM
He said that injecting people with Gourmet Cells gives birth to supermen... If it isn't clear enough, I don't know how can I explain it more than that...

Yeah the Dotor Aloe that heals " CELLS THAT HAVE NECROSIS LIKE BURNS OR FROSTBITES " (nice how you disregarded this part too...)
And also, what Sani said, Gourmet Cells come from the Gourmet Jellyfish, not from Doctor Aloe, again, you just keep on spouting theories and such with nothing to back it up, like this whole Takimaru could have received GC from Doctor Aloe. And also, by before, Toriko meant the last time he met him at Ice Hell, nothing else nothing more.

Also, the GW disease wasn't completely healed, Aimaru did absorb it but it wasn't enough, as even Yosaku said that Takimaru still does have it. And also, that medecine was for Aimaru to begin with, so it's not like Takimaru ate it and was healed.

But he didn't say that only those supermen with gourmet cells could perform superhuman feats.
What you said was Superhuman feats and Power = Gourmet cells. And "You need Gourmet Cells in order to be strong, if you don't have them you're trash" Which means people who doesn't have gourmet cells can't be strong and can't perform superhuman feats. Am I right?

And about the doctor aloe, are you aware of where and how plants get their nutrients? Aside from the sun, they get them from the soil. And the soil get them from the minerals and the decaying plants and animals. So if an animal with gourmet cell dies and a plant absorbs its nutrients, there is a possibility that it could absorb its cells too.
You must be forgetting that there are other ways to acquire gourmet cells aside from injecting it directly to your body.
He (Acacia) noticed that creatures who ate Gourmet Jellyfish would increase in flavor and would also grow in size and power.
And since plants can't gain the power, it's possible that it gained the healing and regeneration abilities of the gourmet cells.

I did not disregard that part. I just thought it's just common sense that in order to heal those, regeneration is required. And regeneration is one of the known factor of gourmet cells.

And about Takimaru's "curse", I believe it's already healed. Because he travelled to healing country with Toriko and even got a cure for Aimaru's disease. And we know that one of the causes of Aimaru's disease is the same "curse" that Takimaru has. So if Aimaru who has tons of diseases and viruses in his body was healed, then we can assume that Takimaru, who only has a small portion of Aimaru's disease can also be healed.

And the reason why I still believe Takimaru didn't have gourmet cells is in that same chapter. Gourmet Knights have very simple diet. And that kind of diet wouldn't be compatible with gourmet cells. Because Gourmet Cells have very high energy demands, so individuals must consume frequent large amounts of delicious food, lest the cells begin uncontrollably devouring the their body at the cellular level.

So these theories I have been telling are backed by the manga itself. What about your theory of Takimaru having gourmet cells, what do you have to back it up? Toriko only mentioned cells, not gourmet cells. So technically speaking, it's just normal cells.

LoS
July 14, 2012, 12:11 AM
Take this gourmet cell argument to a hangout thread, or pm each other

BlackHair
July 14, 2012, 03:15 AM
There is canon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_%28fiction%29) and fanon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_%28fiction%29#Fanon). The manga clearly states those with inhuman strength have gourmet cells in them. Therefore I'm totally with Zehahaha (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php/87196-Zehahaha) on this. As much as llydnarz (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php/172977-llydnarz) ideas seem interesting, they are nothing but fanon.

Anyway, since everyone were eating the bubble fruit, it means they are capable of food honour. Even Rin apparently. Even though she has GC in her, she shows no sign of evolution. I assume it means her GC lvl is way to low to react to quality food. Having said that, the dialogue in this chapter about failure equalling success, reminds me of a old conversation about Yosaku (http://www.mangareader.net/349-52555-7/toriko/chapter-97.html).

"Let me tell you how you measure a man, when his world starts to fall see how tall he stand. It matters not how many times you fall down, what matters most is how many times you rise. Mistakes build character, and character takes you places money can't" - T.I (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9lr8x_t-i-featuring-mary-j-blige-remember_shortfilms).

nyamonyamo
July 14, 2012, 03:49 AM
Anyway, since everyone were eating the bubble fruit, it means they are capable of food honour. Even Rin apparently. Even though she has GC in her, she shows no sign of evolution. I assume it means her GC lvl is way to low to react to quality food. Having said that, the dialogue in this chapter about failure equalling success, reminds me of a old conversation about Yosaku (http://www.mangareader.net/349-52555-7/toriko/chapter-97.html).

"Let me tell you how you measure a man, when his world starts to fall see how tall he stand. It matters not how many times you fall down, what matters most is how many times you rise. Mistakes build character, and character takes you places money can't" - T.I (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9lr8x_t-i-featuring-mary-j-blige-remember_shortfilms).

A cooked bubble fruit probably dont need all that honor just like after you removed the poison from puffer whale anyone can eat them.
Plus i dont think everyone has gourmet cells. Why would chef have them they just cook not hunt. Probably only bishokuyas have them. I like the idea that komatsu will remain free from getting gourmet cells. It will present more interesting story.

Acacia discovered gourmet cell when he has already journeyed to the ends of earth. that would mean he has already been to gourmet world right even before discovering that jellyfish. This might mean there are other ways to get strong without having gourmet cells

BlackHair
July 14, 2012, 05:35 AM
A cooked bubble fruit probably dont need all that honor just like after you removed the poison from puffer whale anyone can eat them.In the disappearing cuisine food was served which needed appreciation (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/92071/toriko_ch180_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/15). Means even after cooked, there are certain food only edible through appreciation. We know the raw bubble fruit needs appreciation, so why should the cooked fruit be any different? On top of that, Yuda brought them food suited for food immersion (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113990/toriko_ch195_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/9). Therefore I'm pretty sure they have mastered food honour.

Plus i dont think everyone has gourmet cells. Why would chef have them they just cook not hunt. Probably only bishokuyas have them. I like the idea that komatsu will remain free from getting gourmet cells. It will present more interesting story. So far most have top chefs were proven to have GC. Not to mention the series is build up so that only by having a certain amount of GC lvl, you can enter the GW. Chefs accompanying bishokuyas must have GC, to not be a nuisance for their partner

Komatsu is rly a exception though. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he were get get GC as well. I mean after the Take buildup, does seem possible now.

Acacia discovered gourmet cell when he has already journeyed to the ends of earth. that would mean he has already been to gourmet world right even before discovering that jellyfish. This might mean there are other ways to get strong without having gourmet cellsI believe the "to the end of the earth" part is just a figure of speech. I assume he was somehwat capable, but by only acquiring GC he was able to conqure everything. Also I think god was discovered after the Jellyfish, as such he couldn't have been everywhere.

Buggy
July 14, 2012, 06:17 AM
I believe that the basics of food honor are not that hard and could be learned from some other source; however, I'm pretty sure there isn't anywhere in the world you could learn food immersion. After all, it is Shokurin Temple's greatest secret. The only way to learn it is walking the bubble road. There is absolutely no way anyone would know food immersion except for Toriko.

Only explanation here is that raw bubble fruit requires food honor and cooked does not, since the requirement is taken away through cooking.

Also, it would be very boring for all of them to learn same techniques. Toriko learned the basics of Sunny's 'intuition' (instinct), but he will never know it on Sunny's level because that's his main technique.

nyamonyamo
July 14, 2012, 06:48 AM
Plus it was also mention that even some beast have some variation of food honour. So instead of the same way toriko learn there must be other ways of eating food like that. Probably intuition (which doesn't require thought), hermit(probably train to seclusion, a form of meditating?), clairvoyance(to guess/see through), and food honour are their personal training method for each kings are in fact some form of food honour itself.

BlackHair
July 16, 2012, 12:19 AM
I agree, it makes perfect sense to learn food honour through different ways. After all the president trained them all the same way. Since bubble fruit was on Toriko's list, I assume each had a similar ingredient in which food honour was a purpose to learn. At the end of the day food honour is just a booster skill, much like haki in One piece.

Regarding food immersion, that is just skill to store nourishment (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/100932/toriko_ch186_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/7). I don't think it is a secret of the temple. I wouldn't be surprised if the other can do that too. Especially since Yuda was rather speaking genereally (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113990/toriko_ch195_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/9), instead of just talking to Toriko.

---------- Post added July 16, 2012 at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was July 14, 2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

Only explanation here is that raw bubble fruit requires food honor and cooked does not, since the requirement is taken away through cooking.The bubble fruit is the temple treasure. A temple dedicated to food honour. In a way I consider the bubble fruit as the essence of food honour. Now since in the disappearing cuisine prepared food required food honour, I still expect appreciation in order to eat the cooked temple treasure. Anything else is just devaluing the bubble fruit.

llydnarz
July 16, 2012, 12:50 AM
I also believe cooked bubble fruit no longer needs food honor or appreciation. It is only required in "capturing" or "harvesting" and cooking the fruit, it would be a pain if food honor is still required in eating it after all the special preparation required in cooking it.
It's already "prepared" before it is served. So I think it's ready to eat.

And if it requires something in order to eat it, Komatsu should have told them before serving it. Because he doesn't know if all of them had learned food honor. And he wouldn't want to spoil all the hard work he's put into cooking it if someone eats it wrong.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
In order to actually adapt to different crazy enviroments you need to have Gourmet Cells. Also to have superhuman power you must have Gourmet Cells.
Even the strongest Chefs have Gourmet Cells. Remember how Setsuno jumped in her basement to a top of her cooking pot. A normal human can't do this for obvious reasons. Hell even Toriko couldn't do this and he was one of the strongest Bishokuya's of his generation with Gourmet Cells.

Zatono
July 27, 2012, 01:01 PM
So thanks to fkm789, I became aware of extra scans in the tank. I asked Kewl to translate the Ichiryuu-Bishokukai interaction, and he even gave me extra. :XD

First up is Aimaru's full course.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/t3h_2007/doriko20_134.jpg

Also, these weren't in the issues:
Page 134:
Description: "Gourmet Knights"
Leader
Aimaru
Aimaru's Full Course Menu
Hors D'oeuvres Modest Grass (Capture Level 1)
Soup Graceful Soup (Capture Level 1)
Fish Dish Frugal Sardine (Capture Level 2)
Meat Dish Charm Pig (Capture Level 2)
Main Simplicity Rice (Capture Level 1)
Salad Inexhaustable Potato (Capture Level 1)
Dessert Plumpeach (Capture Level 1)
Drink Quiet Tea (Capture Level 1)

Next are some missing pages from the Ichiryuu-Bishokukai interaction.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/t3h_2007/doriko20_013.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/t3h_2007/doriko20_014.jpg

Page 13:
Ichiryuu: ----Hew.
Looks like I've got no choice.
Guess I'll babysit you guys a bit.
SFX: ZUH
Niceny: ?!
SFX: GUGU

Page 14:
Guys: UOH...
Wh...What the hell...?!
SFX: ZUNYUUU
Guys: Our bodies are...
being pulled toward him...?
Kuromado: The "force of attraction" Ichriyuu possesses----
A stronger "force of attraction" indicates a greater presence for that person.
Dores: He's like a small planet...
What enormous attractive force...
SFX: ZUZUZUZU
SFX: ZUO
Ichiryuu: Hm?

B'arzz
July 27, 2012, 01:06 PM
Woah that was fast! thank you Zatono and of course Kewl for translate the pages its interesting that ichiryu's ability and the aimaru's menu.

Sorry for ask again:^_^ but also i noticed that shimabukuro give us the names os those guys from the gourmet Knights elite :

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/893/gourmetknhigts.jpg

Zatono
July 27, 2012, 01:10 PM
He gave me that too :3

Page 178:
Descriptions: "Blue Sky Group"
Yukimaru
"Blue Sky Group"
Raimaru
"Hiddden Leaf Group"
Kagemaru
"Milky Way Group"
Tsukimaru
T/N: The names mean Snow-Circle, Thunder-Circle, Shadow-Circle, and Moon-Circle respectively.

Zehahaha
July 27, 2012, 05:13 PM
Aimaru's full course is quite interesting and as expected from him I guess.
Now, about the Midora/Ichiryuu thing, it is more obvious in those pages that Midora was stronger than Ichiryuu back then. Notice how Ichiryuu's force of attraction was drawing the Bishokukai, but then again it was Ichiryuu who kinda moved a little bit (or something like that) to where the Bishokukai were, it was certainly Midora.

Many thanks to kewl and Zatono.

Buggy
July 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
^You are right, that's the moment Midora appeared and apparently exhibited his attraction force. It was heavily implied that Midora at the moment is stronger than Ichiryu, by unknown margin. Ichiryu was Acacia's best student and probably the strongest, but he got complacent while Midora had a clear goal in mind and had been working diligently on getting stronger ever since.

lunacat
August 14, 2012, 08:17 AM
zebra's pet was a zebra xD who would've guessed !, i thought it should be a crocodile :derp
+
Coco-san wa sugooooooi:love

3c
January 10, 2013, 05:54 PM
Greetings Muscle Lovers.

I'm sure a lot of you enjoy technology and hold interest in various technological subjects. I'm happy to inform you that MH has opened a brand new section dedicated to all talk technology.

Take a look while you agonize over the lack of muscles (and Toriko in this arc, though it'll change), and by all means post:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumd...ion-Technology

Also, post in this thread!

mitterand
April 25, 2013, 07:43 PM
Wow I havent logged into MH in a while, so things have changed quite a bit haha. Nonetheless, I felt the need to say this. Toriko is similar to One Piece, in that the main character can easily be shown not to be involved at the crux of the fight compared to Naruto/Bleach. The excitement we feel w/ Granny Setsu for e.g. etc. etc. akin to Whitebeard and War in OP. What do you guys think?

fenrir7
May 06, 2013, 11:46 PM
new Toriko fan here. Read from Chapter 1 til the current chapter in just a few days. This is the best manga for me. Way better than the overrated Naruto and Bleach mangas. :D

Anyway, while waiting for the next chapter, do you guys know any manga which has very similar themes as Toriko? i.e. Capture leve/power level/new beasts which are formidable-looking, power ups/training, and cool enemies?

Stuff I currently read are:

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
The Breaker: New Waves
Claymore
HSDK
Deadman Wonderland
Hunter x Hunter
D. Grayman (whenever I feel like it. lol)

Jorge D. Dragon
May 07, 2013, 08:02 AM
Nice to see new Toriko fan around.;)

Well, to be fair, I don't think there is something similar to Toriko, since it's pretty much unique.:)
Though, there are two mangas that look a bit like Toriko and you are already reading one of them - One Piece.:) As for me Fairy Tail also looks a bit like One Piece and Toriko to some degree, but is a bit more childish if it's possible to say so.:)

Anyways, I hope you'll find some interesting staff to read.:)

P.S. It's a bit different, but maybe you would like to try Magi?

ErosVp
May 07, 2013, 09:06 AM
Read Feng Sheng Ji..... Though it is a lot more serious...

Black Void
May 07, 2013, 10:33 AM
TORIKO! Woot.. Somehow I'm hungry now^^ ... awkward :-P

fenrir7
May 07, 2013, 08:39 PM
Nice to see new Toriko fan around.;)

Well, to be fair, I don't think there is something similar to Toriko, since it's pretty much unique.:)
Though, there are two mangas that look a bit like Toriko and you are already reading one of them - One Piece.:) As for me Fairy Tail also looks a bit like One Piece and Toriko to some degree, but is a bit more childish if it's possible to say so.:)

Anyways, I hope you'll find some interesting staff to read.:)

P.S. It's a bit different, but maybe you would like to try Magi?

Thanks! Indeed, the closest thing to bringing the same feeling of excitement and makes my mind ponder the possibilities in a strange, new world is One Piece. I find Fairy Tail a little bit generic. It's more of battles.

I do agree that Toriko is really unique and that is what totally blew me away right from the first chapter. I'm bewildered as to how this manga hasn't caught fire and isn't as popular yet as the big three.

The monsters, the different areas in the world being explored and the characters themselves all make this a fun and exciting manga to follow. It easily shot up to the top of my favorite mangas all-time. Hunter X Hunter would've filled in for my Toriko cravings but we all know it's on hiatus. :(

oooh, thanks! I'll give it a try. Doesn't matter if it's serious or not just as long as the elements of power level, measurable strength of the enemies, training and visible results of the training and interesting enemies are there. :D

oh, and monsters. haha. gotta love fierce monsters!

nyamonyamo
May 07, 2013, 10:40 PM
Magi is quite good as well. It has mysterious organisation, adventure, fantasy and character class like toriko. Oh and lots of traps =P kinda like an anti toriko where you find muscle bound freaks in magi its all pretty girls and boy but dont be fool by that. The action is the same as toriko (body parts fly around, extreme violence etc).

Another good one is shingeki no kyojin but its more of survival. Set in a strange land besiege by titans that eat humans for sport (or someting like that lol)

Tower of God is a manhwa (korea) and quite good as well. The inhabitants of the world enters a tower and try to climb higher believing that their wish will be granted at the top. To clear each level they have to fight thru monster(tho hasn't been shown yet) and each fighters are ranked based on fighting power.

If you're into sports try Baby Steps. Its about tennis. Incredible character development and doesnt fall into cliche tropes. Oh and its normal tennis unlike Prince of Tennis(fantasy tennis where they can make tornados by hitting the ball with the strength of thousand suns). Since you read Kenichi thought you might like it.

Toriko focus on the ingredients rather than cooking so if you want something for your appetite i suggest Shokugeki no Soma.

Its all i can think right now so hope you will enjoy.

ps: cant wait for toriko this week! Hope they will focus of granny setsu obliterating those 3 upstarts

fenrir7
May 07, 2013, 11:12 PM
Magi is quite good as well. It has mysterious organisation, adventure, fantasy and character class like toriko. Oh and lots of traps =P kinda like an anti toriko where you find muscle bound freaks in magi its all pretty girls and boy but dont be fool by that. The action is the same as toriko (body parts fly around, extreme violence etc).

Another good one is shingeki no kyojin but its more of survival. Set in a strange land besiege by titans that eat humans for sport (or someting like that lol)

Tower of God is a manhwa (korea) and quite good as well. The inhabitants of the world enters a tower and try to climb higher believing that their wish will be granted at the top. To clear each level they have to fight thru monster(tho hasn't been shown yet) and each fighters are ranked based on fighting power.

If you're into sports try Baby Steps. Its about tennis. Incredible character development and doesnt fall into cliche tropes. Oh and its normal tennis unlike Prince of Tennis(fantasy tennis where they can make tornados by hitting the ball with the strength of thousand suns). Since you read Kenichi thought you might like it.

Toriko focus on the ingredients rather than cooking so if you want something for your appetite i suggest Shokugeki no Soma.

Its all i can think right now so hope you will enjoy.

ps: cant wait for toriko this week! Hope they will focus of granny setsu obliterating those 3 upstarts

wow! Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definitely give those a read as I need a distraction from all the Toriko craving I have. Thank you very much, Golden Week.

The anticipation for the next chapter is killing me. Granny Setsu with the handicap and still obliterating those NEO bastards would definitely make my day. And more Zebra awesomeness!

Buggy
May 09, 2013, 05:11 PM
I started reading Area D - Inou Ryouiki (http://www.mangareader.net/area-d-inou-ryouiki)

It's about people with special powers appearing who are then being caught and sent to a special prison for them - Area D, to isolate them from the rest of the society. The story is set in the said Area D. It has super powers, fighting, some mystery etc.

-Ken-
May 09, 2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks! Indeed, the closest thing to bringing the same feeling of excitement and makes my mind ponder the possibilities in a strange, new world is One Piece. I find Fairy Tail a little bit generic. It's more of battles.

If you enjoys reading a "new world" a lot, try to look into Beet, the Vandal Buster. It have one of my most favorite world ever.

fenrir7
May 14, 2013, 10:36 PM

I started reading this to kill time when waiting for toriko chapters to come out. it's a pity that the english translations are comign out slow. I loved it! It's serious, it's badass and all pages are colored. Just wish all the other chapters will get an english release soon.

I started reading Area D - Inou Ryouiki (http://www.mangareader.net/area-d-inou-ryouiki)

It's about people with special powers appearing who are then being caught and sent to a special prison for them - Area D, to isolate them from the rest of the society. The story is set in the said Area D. It has super powers, fighting, some mystery etc.

That sounds like Deadman Wonderland. I'll check this one out too.

If you enjoys reading a "new world" a lot, try to look into Beet, the Vandal Buster. It have one of my most favorite world ever.

ooh, this one was suggested to me before but never had the time to read it. will check it out as well.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. this should definitely keep me sane while waiting for toriko chapters every week.

nyamonyamo
June 13, 2013, 09:15 PM
I just read some relaxation technique and one of the key point in it is undoubting appreciation towards yourself and this can be achieve by meditation of gratitude. This can boost your relaxation, lowers anxiety level and improve self confidence. Its almost similar in principal to food honour. I'm gonna try this and see if i can cut cabbage in 5 sec. My time is 10 sec in a blender

Black Void
August 01, 2013, 10:51 AM
when i look at Starjun.. somehow he remindes me of Midora.. maybe his son? (hairsytle.. appearance)^^ na whatever

Kaishaku
August 06, 2013, 01:03 PM
I suppose thats more to the fact that Shima-sensei has a very.. set drawing style with quiet some people bearing resemblance to one another. But it would certainly raise an interesting point.

zangetsukakashi
August 27, 2013, 03:57 PM
Dunno if i should post this here, but anyway, there's some kinda wiki competition about fictional food going around, where u vote on ur favorite fictional food... and we're in. If possible, u guys can help us win, cause as it stands, more popular wikis tend to win just cause they're popular. Anyway, it's just a fun game, so if possible, help us win to promote our wiki more :)

http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Asnow89/Fantasy_Food_Fight-_Round_One

Thanks

obamamania
August 28, 2013, 12:25 PM
No, I don't think it's an accident that Star resembles Midora because of this: This page (http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/190/19)

First, he's shown with the odd transparency that Midora used, and then we simply get the image of his back with the same hair Midora has. Every part of that page was implying that he is Midora, until the next chapter when it was disproved. Take outright said "let me introduce you to my combo partner" and then says that his partner is Midora even though it was somewhat of a lie. We had no definite proof it was Star until his face was shown, basically to say to us "Nope, I'm not Midora srry!"

Cedre
September 02, 2013, 01:57 PM
I created a Toriko Art thread for those who do Toriko artworks. If you show someone else´s drawings/crafts, please source them.
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2993009-Toriko-Art

nfinitfx
September 07, 2013, 02:04 AM
Some of the techniques used to power-up Characters in the Toriko-verse can be applied in real life too to power-up your self in the real world too

E.g.

1. Food honor- gratitude. When you give thanks to everything in life, your minds spend less time/energy in negative emotions state thereby giving you more time and energy on other constructive activity

2. Intuition - trust your gut more

3. Mental image - imagine a good and peaceful future.

kindredxiuxiu
November 12, 2013, 11:17 AM
The Hunter x Hunter 2013 awards have started! Mosey over to the The Hunter x Hunter 2013 Awards Forum (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/1026-Hunter-x-Hunter-Awards) to begin nominating! The nomination period ends November 15th, so get your nominations in!

:confetti

Kaizou 10
November 23, 2013, 12:13 PM
It is confirmed that Toriko has surpassed printing 18,000,000 copies.

zangetsukakashi
November 23, 2013, 12:20 PM

Awesome! I hope it sells more and more in the future :)

milek
November 23, 2013, 01:25 PM

great. probably best manga now days. even better than One Piece

Necron
January 07, 2014, 10:38 AM
So, I've never been to the Toriko forums and I've never read the manga.
Now the last chapter has recieved so much praise and people are kind of crazy over this manga that I'm thinking about reading it.

I kind of spoiled a portion of the manga by reading the latest chapter with the new capture levels. And according to the reaction of most readers I've heard from it's kind of ridiculous.
The only thing I'm worried about is that this might lead to a Dragon Ball Z/GT syndrome. Because once everyone on there was able to obliterate planets with one attack it got boring very fast.

So maybe some of you can help me out. Is my worrying unjustified at this point? Because I realy haven't read Toriko and am just basing my opinion on what I've experienced with DBZ/DBGT.

Thanks in advance

Kotonoha21
January 07, 2014, 12:16 PM
So maybe some of you can help me out. Is my worrying unjustified at this point? Because I realy haven't read Toriko and am just basing my opinion on what I've experienced with DBZ/DBGT.

I’m not sure how much you know about Toriko, so I’ll try my best not to spoil anything in my comment.

The capture levels in the latest chapter are indeed insane, and capture levels basically serve the same purpose as power levels do in DBZ. However, the latest chapter of Toriko basically gave us an “upper limit” for capture levels in the series—for example, the beast with the highest capture level in the chapter is already confirmed as one of the eight strongest beasts on the entire planet, so now we have some idea of what the upper tier is like. In other words, I don’t think Toriko’s capture levels are as arbitrary as DBZ power levels, where the numbers just keep climbing with no end in sight. I’m sure we’ll see higher capture levels than we’ve seen in this chapter, but it should be a long time coming.

There’s also the fact that the chapter was designed to show us how far Toriko still has to go. There are differing opinions on just exactly how strong Toriko is now, but I think that everybody can agree that he is absolutely no match for several of the beasts we’ve now seen. He’s definitely going to have to train and struggle a lot to reach the top tier, and it’s not something that’s going to happen quickly.

Finally, another way Toriko and DBZ differ is that Toriko is at heart an adventure series, while DBZ is a battle series. Toriko definitely has ridiculously high-powered fights in it, but there’s also other things about the series to enjoy. If you like adventure, I’d definitely give the series a shot.

Hopefully that answers your question. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll try to clarify.

Necron
January 07, 2014, 04:15 PM
Hopefully that answers your question. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll try to clarify.

Thanks a lot for the answer!
I pretty much don't know anything about Toriko, aside from the capture levels and the fact that it's about cooking (which I'm sure doesn't take away from it, considering all the praise).
And I do ejnoy adventure stories done right (and once again looking at all the praise, Toriko seems to be doing it right), considering the fact that One Piece is my favourite manga at the moment.

Hearing you describe it like that definately makes me want to give it a try, and calms my worries about the DBZ syndrome.

Kotonoha21
January 07, 2014, 05:32 PM
Hearing you describe it like that definately makes me want to give it a try, and calms my worries about the DBZ syndrome.

I'd say give it a try! One Piece is also my favorite manga, and Toriko has some things in common with it: a colorful world, fun adventures, and a generally lighthearted feel. Toriko's pacing is much faster, though, for better or worse, and it's very '80s Retraux (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Retraux). Basically, put One Piece, DBZ, and Fist of the North Star in a blender, add FOOD, sprinkle a bit of JoJo-esque weirdness on top, and you'll get Toriko.

If you read up until the end of the Century Soup/Ice Hell arc—basically the first 100 chapters—you should be able to tell whether or not you'll like the series as a whole. The basic premise is very clear from the beginning, though. If you read the first two chapters, you'll understand most of what the series is about.

Cedre
January 08, 2014, 01:01 AM
by chance has anyone found the volume 28 raw yet? I´m curious about the data profiles that they usually have.

Necron
January 21, 2014, 06:46 AM
Is there something like a review/general opinion on Toriko thread?
I read through the entire thing in the last few weeks and since everything is pretty fresh in my memory I'd like to post my opinion on it somewhere.
Otherwise I'll just post it here, I guess :D

Jorge D. Dragon
January 21, 2014, 08:24 PM
Well, it seems that this is the only thread, where you can actually post general opinion on Toriko.:)
Others seem more or less specified.

Necron
January 22, 2014, 04:51 AM
Then I'll just post my thoughts here :)
(Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes, english is my third language)
(I understand if this is too long to read, so for the summary, see the last paragraph)

Before I get into the review, it's important to know that I started reading Toriko with huge expectations, simply because of the huge amount of hype around the manga.
Now having said that, let's start with the positives:

- The manga does live up to it's hype when it comes to the "epicness" of it. The set-ups for the fights, the backstories and the fights themselves are indeed amazing. Especially fights like Toriko vs Tommyrod, or Sani vs Tommyrod for that matter, are really crazy.
- Some of the characters in this manga are just ridiculously awesome. Starting with Knocking Master Jirou, who is probably my favourite at the moment, there are characters, who this manga could not live without. Setsuno, Ichiryuu, Starjun, Frohze, Midora, Tommyrod and Grinpatch are a few other examples.
- The amount of creativity the author brings to the table is amazing, most noticible in the creatury design, which is art-wise the best partof the manga in my opinion.
- Making a manga about food interesting is another thing that I have to praise the author for. And he really made an effort think about the different influences of food, calories and other substances on the characters in the story. The gourmet-cells are quite a concept.
- I also like the moral lesson of Toriko's approach towards food: I only kill it, if I'm going to eat it and I will eat it, if I kill it.
- Lastly I'd like to mention the world of the Toriko-verse. The separation in Gourmet-world and Human-world, the different weather conditions, the history of the planet and of course the mystery around the Nitro are all fascinating.

Those were just the main positive points that stood out to me, while reading Toriko, but there are some things that I don't like aswell and it wouldn't be a fair review if I let those out.

- Despite the amazing creature design, I don't like the overall design and artstyle of the characters. The extremely over-muscular bodies and the designs of the faces of the characters are things that don't work well for me. Dragon Ball was already pushing it, but Toriko goes overboard, in my opinion that is.
- The endless descritpions for the tastes of the meals are kind of tedious. Again, that's just my personal opinion, but a few pannels of Toriko enjoying the meal and saying it is tasy would've been enough for me. I know it's a story about food, but still.
- The attempt to explain some of the things that happen in the manga with "real-world-science" is a little bit sad, when you look at the world as a whole. It just doesn't work for me.
- Komatsu... oh Poseidon have mercy. I really tried to like him, I tried so hard, but I just can't. The amount of hype this character gets in the manga itself is buggs me to no end and his constant crying and complaining is nothing to be fond of either. But the biggest problem I have with him is...
- Toriko's relationship with Komatsu reminds me of Ichigo's relationship with Orihime in the Hueco Mundo arc of Bleach. Now I really liked Toriko as a main character, before we found ou this, in his fight with Starjun: Toriko is fighting so hard, because he needs to protect Komaru. Toriko's initial motivation is great. To make the best full course with the (probably) rarest ingredient as a main dish and therefore become the greatest Bishokuya. I really liked that, it reminded me of One Piece, where Luffy want's to find the rarest treasure of them all and so become the Pirate King. But once I heard that Toriko's fighting spirit depends on Komatsu, it really left a bad aftertase in my mouth.

However, despite all those complaints I have, this manga is amazing. Toriko definately did not disappoint and even with the overhype it got, it met my expectations.
Overall I give Toriko an 8/10 and it has the potential to go even higher.

senadtm87
January 22, 2014, 10:17 AM
Next week we get new chapter :)
Cant wait, anime rewatching done, tournament re-reading done .

wargreymon
January 22, 2014, 10:34 AM
hey guys, offtopic a bit:
anyone read this week bleach chapter? I got the feeling he is copying shima sensei style.
By that I mean the beginning of the chapter, the explanation of juhabach power.
Its totally toriko's 'trademark' :^_^

obamamania
January 22, 2014, 11:38 AM
He's done that before, I'm not exactly sure that he's copying anything. At least Shima does it consistently enough though so that certain important details do not remain confusing for too long.

Kotonoha21
January 24, 2014, 11:46 AM
From ayepuzzt on APForums:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/30367/c12d3a303665939.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c12d3a303665939)

my body is ready Only a few more days!

senadtm87
January 24, 2014, 12:17 PM
So what is says on cover, this lv.

Kotonoha21
January 24, 2014, 12:31 PM
So what is says on cover, this lv.

It's just ad copy saying that the manga's "level" is "impossible to measure" along with hype for the "new saga" in Gourmet World. The only important info I can see is that the chapter will have color pages and be 24 pages long.

Cedre
January 24, 2014, 08:01 PM
A friend of mine found this, seems legit. Here´s the source (https://twitter.com/matomejidai/status/426668305932251136)
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee310/Sifusmel/Sintiacutetulo_zps0a4757e3.jpg

This is definitely something recent, considering the art style.

Kotonoha21
January 24, 2014, 09:39 PM
Oh man, Komatsu...I don't even...his new design freaks me out so much. Not in a bad way, it's just that I'm not used to him looking like that yet.

Anyway, definitely seems legit, especially since Toriko looks like he's wearing the same outfit he's wearing in the preview ad. It's hard to translate the onomatopoeia properly, but Shimabu's message basically says:

It's "crunch" time...I'm going to draw the Gourmet World arc with everything I've got! Please "chow down" and "enjoy the meal"!!

Buranchi
January 24, 2014, 09:51 PM
Most mangaka's artstyles change throughout the course of the manga's lifespan. I mean, look at Bleach for a prime example. The artstyle changed drastically in that. Anyway, I'm very hyped for some more Toriko awesomeness.

Cedre
January 24, 2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the translation, Kotonoha!

I can´t see much of his new outfit, but personally, I think anything is better than the bright orange jumpsuit

Kotonoha21
January 24, 2014, 10:33 PM
Most mangaka's artstyles change throughout the course of the manga's lifespan. I mean, look at Bleach for a prime example. The artstyle changed drastically in that. Anyway, I'm very hyped for some more Toriko awesomeness.

See, that's the thing though: it was a very sudden change rather than a gradual one, at least for Komatsu. I think Shimabu likes changing up the character designs every once and a while to keep things fresh, which is why the characters get haircuts, fresh scars, new limbs, and so on, but he's never made any changes that can't be explained by either Gourmet Cells or common sense. I've already talked about Komatsu's "nose job" before so I won't rehash any further...I'm just really looking forward to seeing if his character design change is plot-related or not.

So much hype! I honestly have no idea what's going to happen in the next chapter, which is a pretty cool feeling.

Cedre
January 24, 2014, 11:18 PM
Face aside, he even looks taller. There was either a timeskip (how long who knows) or he got GC.

Buranchi
January 25, 2014, 07:12 AM
By the way, did we get any Toriko news from the latest Jump Festa? Any interviews from Mitsutoshi, etc?

Salce
January 25, 2014, 08:46 AM
Face aside, he even looks taller. There was either a timeskip (how long who knows) or he got GC.
Even if there is a timeskip, he can't grow anymore, being 25 years old.

So GC for Komatsu almost confirmed.

Yume Yume
January 25, 2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks for those pictures, guys!
The art-style has been really changed since the beginning, but Komatsu is looking now just like in first one-shot of 2007.:mono Maybe Shima`s editor finally allowed him to draw Komatsu as author wanted from the start?

zangetsukakashi
January 26, 2014, 05:55 PM
Didn't know any place to post this better than here: http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Asnow89/Food_Fiction:_Create_Your_Own_Full_Course_Meal_for_Toriko

We're having a contest on the Toriko Wikia to determine who has the best course between the fans :)

Everyone types his course from the various toriko foods (only toriko foods, not real life foods), and then some elimination will start, and everyone will be able to vote for the best course. Deadline for entries is on wednesday the 29th (around 2 days from now).

I hope this isn't considered spamming :(

EDIT: The final round is up. http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Asnow89/Toriko_Food_Fiction-_VOTE Only 4 courses remain. and remember, don't choose the course based on the person, but based on what course you really loved.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
February 05, 2014, 02:22 PM
I have a couple of questions !

1)will toei ever stop animating Toriko and another company will take its place and animate it (like the company than made the ova)?
2)why is toriko a kids show (when its shouldn't be a kids show)?
3)do u guys think starjun is still stronger than toriko (timeskip)
4)do u guys think that in the end of toriko the kings will be above goku and vegeta in terms of power?

Cedre
February 05, 2014, 03:00 PM
I believe Star is still way stronger.

I have a question as well. Someone on mangabird claimed that in the author comments of volume 28, Shimabu mentioned so far Toriko covered 1/4 of the plot he planned. Yet when I requested them a link, they apparently weren´t unable to prove it atm...
Can anyone confirm this?

aboe
February 05, 2014, 03:22 PM

I have a question as well. Someone on mangabird claimed that in the author comments of volume 28, Shimabu mentioned so far Toriko covered 1/4 of the plot he planned. Yet when I requested them a link, they apparently weren´t unable to prove it atm...
Can anyone confirm this?

wow thats epic 0.0 1/4 please find the link

Cupid
February 05, 2014, 05:12 PM
http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/18305 (http://mangahelpers.com/gallery/miscellaneous-non-manga-stuff/18305)
"I hope senpai notices me..."

Confess your love for your senpai on Valentine's Day! [14.02.2014] (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2995498-Cupid-s-Aim-for-Love!-Valentine-s-Day-2014)

zangetsukakashi
February 06, 2014, 11:12 AM

Can anyone confirm this?

I never heard anything about it. But there were rumors looong ago that Shima was planning to go for 100 volumes. Dunno if it's true or not.

aboe
February 06, 2014, 12:27 PM
I never heard anything about it. But there were rumors looong ago that Shima was planning to go for 100 volumes. Dunno if it's true or not.

that would be awesome but he is almost 39 years old and why didnt he let us see the fight bishokukai vs 0 biothope then :c

but i hope its true 100 volumes would be cool

Cedre
February 06, 2014, 12:30 PM
I can find a link for volume 28, but I can´t translate. Is there anyone here who could confirm this should we provide a link for the volume?

obamamania
February 06, 2014, 12:40 PM
Toriko is the kind of manga that has nearly infinite potential for length like One Piece, because the author has set up a world that is so expansive with such high levels for the wild beasts and antagonists. And no matter how far the gourmet world arc goes, we always have the possibility for the story to go into space which has been part of the story for a long time. The thing I hate the most is random plot progression into a new setting or fight that had almost no buildup despite how good it ends up. It's great to look back and say "oh now it all makes sense". I think even when and if Toriko becomes 100 volumes we'll be able to think that way about it.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
February 07, 2014, 02:56 PM
Is the toriko movie subbed?

EMS
February 07, 2014, 03:32 PM
http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/18305 (http://mangahelpers.com/gallery/miscellaneous-non-manga-stuff/18305)
"I hope senpai notices me..."

Confess your love for your senpai on Valentine's Day! [14.02.2014] (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2995498-Cupid-s-Aim-for-Love!-Valentine-s-Day-2014)

I confess my love for my wife and of course mangas..:3c

zangetsukakashi
February 07, 2014, 03:34 PM
Is the toriko movie subbed?

Not yet :( No idea when it'll be either.

Demonspeed
February 08, 2014, 09:54 AM
Currently at chapter 253, Jirou is such a boss!:hip

Ichiryuu and Midora's abilities are broken, makes me wonder how can beasts rival with them.

milek
February 08, 2014, 02:53 PM
Currently at chapter 253, Jirou is such a boss!:hip

Ichiryuu and Midora's abilities are broken, makes me wonder how can beasts rival with them.

they are probably on similar level like one of 8 kings. after all they are rulers of gourmet world.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
February 09, 2014, 12:49 PM
i so want toei to stop animating toriko and another studio to replacing it

Demonspeed
February 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
I finally caught up with the manga.

they are probably on similar level like one of 8 kings. after all they are rulers of gourmet world.

About the Kings I was wondering, since the battle Wolf is the fastest creature in Toriko and that Brunch can reach Mach 30000, how fast do you think it is?

milek
February 11, 2014, 04:47 AM
I finally caught up with the manga.

About the Kings I was wondering, since the battle Wolf is the fastest creature in Toriko and that Brunch can reach Mach 30000, how fast do you think it is?

i dont think that they are the faster but they probably have 6 sense about someone's attack

obamamania
February 11, 2014, 03:51 PM
Wait, brunch can reach Mach 30000? What kind of ridiculous speed is that lol Korosensei in Assassination Classroom can do wonders with only Mach 20 speed. For someone to have a reaction time equivalent to that speed is pretty much insane, that's why I usually just ignore the hyperbolic measurements in this manga. I feel like in the end when everyone is maxed out, we're going to have more comparisons like the infamous Superman vs. Goku video due to these incredible statistics that this manga gives us.

senadtm87
February 11, 2014, 04:43 PM
Wait, brunch can reach Mach 30000? What kind of ridiculous speed is that lol Korosensei in Assassination Classroom can do wonders with only Mach 20 speed. For someone to have a reaction time equivalent to that speed is pretty much insane, that's why I usually just ignore the hyperbolic measurements in this manga. I feel like in the end when everyone is maxed out, we're going to have more comparisons like the infamous Superman vs. Goku video due to these incredible statistics that this manga gives us.

I really hate the guy who made that video, Goku could destroy planet when he had power lvl 9000 or so, and at SS2 he cant beat superman who is faster than a train, bullets cant hurts him, and can shoot lasers out of his eyes and can FLY. If it was Yamacha or Krillin it wouldnt be so silly, but when it comes to strongest anime characters its Goku(without movie Batlle of gods).

P.S. Goku in DB could catch a boolet and destroy a rocket and so.

Cupid
February 13, 2014, 04:21 PM
http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/18322 (http://mangahelpers.com/gallery/miscellaneous-non-manga-stuff/18322)
Love is like a hurricane!

Profess your love for your soulmate on Valentine's Day! [02.14.2014] (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2995498-Cupid-s-Aim-for-Love!-Valentine-s-Day-2014)

kenosecon
February 17, 2014, 09:36 AM

actually toriko's techniques are based on the latest known strings therory of quantum mechanics so probably no other tale of superpowered heroes has any opportunity against toriko....

other thing does someone know why toriko has a scratch on his face pretty much like zaus? was he hurt but joa too? :o is zaus toriko's dad? :D?

Brunch
February 17, 2014, 10:43 AM
other thing does someone know why toriko has a scratch on his face pretty much like zaus? was he hurt but joa too? :o is zaus toriko's dad? :D?no, that has nothing to do. He has had them since he was young, and those are probably birthmarks of Gourmet Cells that few individuals are born with once in a while, like Midora and Starjun.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
February 17, 2014, 04:05 PM
is tommyrod a half human and half insect?

senadtm87
February 18, 2014, 02:50 AM
actually toriko's techniques are based on the latest known strings therory of quantum mechanics so probably no other tale of superpowered heroes has any opportunity against toriko....

other thing does someone know why toriko has a scratch on his face pretty much like zaus? was he hurt but joa too? :o is zaus toriko's dad? :D?

Torikos power doesnt have anything with strings therory of quantum mechanics, its GC energy which he can control when they are evolved at certain lvl.
Scratches on his face are from his childhood, but it aint birthmarks.

nfinitfx
February 18, 2014, 08:07 AM
Zebra got trapped by earthquake resistant route back then, guess he isn't stronger than earthquake itself..

Josef K.
March 01, 2014, 03:33 PM
Coming Soon, Please Participate!

http://i.imgur.com/3BWUliD.png

Easter Bunny
April 12, 2014, 07:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bN3Slz1.png

:confetti ~JOIN THE EASTER EGG HUNT~ (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2996351-MH-Easter-Egg-Hunt-2014) :confetti

ProGoddess
April 19, 2014, 07:47 AM
I have not really watch or read this series except those special episodes in One Piece that featured the characters hunting for rare food. It seems like a good series. I would keep it in reading and watching list. :^_^

aboe
April 19, 2014, 01:44 PM
I have not really watch or read this series except those special episodes in One Piece that featured the characters hunting for rare food. It seems like a good series. I would keep it in reading and watching list. :^_^

toriko is an amazing manga, im sure you will love it ^^

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 19, 2014, 03:14 PM
don't watch toriko READ it !!

ProGoddess
April 20, 2014, 10:14 PM
I probably would be doing both. :teehee

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 24, 2014, 12:42 PM
so if it wasn't for setsuno and yun komatsu would have not be able to do the century soup right?

milek
April 24, 2014, 12:57 PM
so if it wasn't for setsuno and yun komatsu would have not be able to do the century soup right?

Yes, Jun spittle was key to century soup.

You probably started reading Toriko.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 24, 2014, 01:28 PM
yeah i started reading it from the beginning

milek
April 24, 2014, 01:47 PM
At what chapter are you now.

I love reading Toriko all over again, did this 5 times.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 25, 2014, 01:30 AM
right now im on chapter 171

ProGoddess
April 26, 2014, 02:01 AM
You guys are amazing to re-read the series all over again (and so many times)! :verily

I have read till chapter 60, still have a lot to catch up with. There is a "side-effect" in reading this manga... makes me feel hungry whenever the taste of the food is being described. Hopefully I can continue to control the urge, or I may start to eat and eat, and put on weight. :teehee

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 26, 2014, 12:55 PM
i have a question when chiyo and chinchinchin fought did chin lost on purpose (you know cause she is his combo)or was chiyo stronger

zangetsukakashi
April 26, 2014, 01:10 PM
i have a question when chiyo and chinchinchin fought did chin lost on purpose (you know cause she is his combo)or was chiyo stronger
Chiyo let his emotions take over, so his Food Honor was disrupted, which made him lose,,, but again, he still dealt heavy damage to chiyo in that state. So ya, Chin is prolly stronger (0th biotope, master of food honor, etc...), but he lost cause of his emotions.

ProGoddess
April 27, 2014, 03:39 AM
I have read till the part where Toriko and the gang went to an island called "Life". In that island, there was an Onsen Shark. It was said that one of the onsens had "Diet Fish" that could go deep into the skin and suck out the subcutaneous fat of a person without feeling the pain. As I was reading this, I felt like, "How I wish there is such a thing in this world". If there is such a facility that has natural healing as described similarly to the story, the world will be a great place to live. :teehee

On the side note, we do have such kind of fish named "Doctor Fish" or garra rufa which is used in spa treatment where these fishes eat the dead skin of people, particularly those with psoriasis.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 27, 2014, 10:53 AM
Chiyo let his emotions take over, so his Food Honor was disrupted, which made him lose,,, but again, he still dealt heavy damage to chiyo in that state. So ya, Chin is prolly stronger (0th biotope, master of food honor, etc...), but he lost cause of his emotions.

ok thanks and i have another question :p
how was toriko able to kinda defeating her ? isn't she soppose to be on granny setsu's level?

I have read till the part where Toriko and the gang went to an island called "Life". In that island, there was an Onsen Shark. It was said that one of the onsens had "Diet Fish" that could go deep into the skin and suck out the subcutaneous fat of a person without feeling the pain. As I was reading this, I felt like, "How I wish there is such a thing in this world". If there is such a facility that has natural healing as described similarly to the story, the world will be a great place to live. :teehee

On the side note, we do have such kind of fish named "Doctor Fish" or garra rufa which is used in spa treatment where these fishes eat the dead skin of people, particularly those with psoriasis.

yeah i too wish all those food will be in this world too ! even when im reading the manga and i see toriko and the rest eating some delicious food i wish i could taste them like the bobble fruit or the fish where toriko sani and komatsu ate :D this manga always make me eat for some reason :D

ProGoddess
April 27, 2014, 09:47 PM
how was toriko able to kinda defeating her ? isn't she soppose to be on granny setsu's level?

yeah i too wish all those food will be in this world too ! even when im reading the manga and i see toriko and the rest eating some delicious food i wish i could taste them like the bobble fruit or the fish where toriko sani and komatsu ate :D this manga always make me eat for some reason :D

Look at the expressions of those who eat (except the bad guys) - makes me feel like eating too. :^_^ I really like how the way the mangaka draws his characters, particularly their facial expressions and gestures. Though they are exaggerated, but they bring the after-effect. At one point where Toriko asked Komatsu to join as partners, Komatsu burst out with tears. It was so touching that it brought tears to my eyes too. Oh.. it was happy tears though. I was very happy that they have finally communicated their feelings to each other and for that, it would bring forth more motivation and drive to achieve better in their search of the "full-course meal" completion. :super

Oh... additionally... I wanna have a candy castle too.... :XD :smile-big

milek
April 27, 2014, 11:54 PM
Am never hungry when watching anime. Dont know how all of you can eat while watching anime.

ProGoddess
April 28, 2014, 08:41 AM
I usually eat when I'm hungry and sometimes it is mealtime which I eat and watch anime or read manga at the same time. :teehee

zangetsukakashi
April 28, 2014, 12:53 PM
He didn't defeat her. He just broke her knife. She was just about to get serious with her other deadly knife when starjun arrived. And plus, she was already heavily injured by Chin (which was shown while she was flying with take and star. So ya, I bet he'd've lost easily if not for those. And still, Setsuno's way stronger, I think.

Zehahaha
April 28, 2014, 05:09 PM
Setsuno was toying with Chiyo, she wasn't even that serious against her

ProGoddess
April 29, 2014, 09:24 PM
Looks like the author uses many things in the natural world (ie. our world) to recreate versions of things (living and non-living). One of them is quite impressive which I don't expect it to be there - is the "dodurian bomb". :gwah It must be a name derived from the tropical fruit "durian" and it does have a distinctively strong smell. :hee

BestAnimeEvaToriko
April 30, 2014, 03:51 PM
i wouldn't get close to that thing tho!

ProGoddess
April 30, 2014, 11:22 PM
Have you smelled or tasted before?

BestAnimeEvaToriko
May 01, 2014, 07:34 AM
no but would you get near a thing that is way smellier than poop

ProGoddess
May 01, 2014, 07:38 AM
If you have not smelled before, how do you know it smells like poop?

BestAnimeEvaToriko
May 01, 2014, 11:17 PM
its smellier than poop !!!
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/3660/177.0/compressed/n009.jpg?v=11329981425

ProGoddess
May 02, 2014, 06:35 AM
It's just the manga that says it and it's only a fictional name, Dodurian. :teehee

BestAnimeEvaToriko
May 10, 2014, 12:06 PM
i have a question
when coco uses to many poison this happends right?
http://www.millenniumforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1272&stc=1
so why didnt it happen here?
http://www.millenniumforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1273&stc=1

milek
May 10, 2014, 03:24 PM
i have a question
when coco uses to many poison this happends right?
http://www.millenniumforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1272&stc=1
so why didnt it happen here?
http://www.millenniumforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1273&stc=1

We dont see picture. You probably think about white hair.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
May 10, 2014, 03:33 PM
yeah in the first pic he says he used to much posion and thats why his hair turned white but in the second pic he says the same thing but hes hair isn't white

obamamania
May 10, 2014, 07:55 PM
I don't recall him saying it again, but even so it's not a matter of just using too much poison. He used energies from his gourmet cell demon, which goes way beyond regular poison overuse. I definitely don't recall him using "that poison" as he referred to it during the Grinpatch fight again, but try to relink those pages.

ProGoddess
May 11, 2014, 11:27 AM
I think Coco's gourmet cells have been leveling up gradually that his energy usage as opposed to his first overused has seems to be reduced. Thus he no longer experienced the changes in his hair colour since he wasn't using as much energy or poison as he used to be before.

milek
May 11, 2014, 01:21 PM
Coco is probably much stronger than before and thats why he can use more of that poison and that is probably last time we saw him with white hair.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
May 11, 2014, 02:11 PM
k thanks for the answers

ProGoddess
May 11, 2014, 08:26 PM
By the way, I quite like his white hair. It can be considered as silver if you like. :) :) :)

milek
May 24, 2014, 02:00 PM
Toriko Surpasses an Amazing Number of Sales

full article

http://www.manganetabarespoiler.com/toriko-surpassed-an-amazing-number-of-sales.html

Freezer
May 26, 2014, 05:18 AM
AMAZING NEWS!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Toriko is the first manga that i've bought (not READ, mind you) in print! Volume 1 that is.

Good Job Shima, you DESERVE it!

I'll do my best and buy the volumes some day.

Toriko IS the best manga for me for the past couple of years. It's THAT good...

My only problem is that Shima escalated things too fast (power ups) so i have no idea how he can come up with new ideas for techniques and super moves.

Norland
May 26, 2014, 01:50 PM
Toriko Surpasses an Amazing Number of Sales

full article

http://www.manganetabarespoiler.com/toriko-surpassed-an-amazing-number-of-sales.html
well... great job Shima senpai ! :super
is that another Gourmet World effect ? :hee

ProGoddess
May 28, 2014, 05:01 AM
It's good to know that the manga I like has reached such a "glory". This week's colour page is really pretty.

Things in this story change a lot and very quickly, would need some concentration and afterword-thoughts to fully grasp what's happening. hehe :)

junjun2
June 01, 2014, 10:02 PM
the cover of this week's JUMP.
http://shonenjump.com/j/weeklyshonenjump/_image/_mainImg_hyoushi.jpg
comic volume 30 and fan book
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BotAPUdCIAA-xYz.jpg

Freezer
June 01, 2014, 11:57 PM
Thank you, Junjun2!

What's the fan book about? Will there be pages drawn by Shima?

junjun2
June 02, 2014, 01:49 AM
The fanbook includes poster, world cook ranking top100, The Gourmet world secret map, research of bishoku monsters like Yaou and extra manga which was posted in Saikyo JUMP before.
Both volume 30 and the fanbook will be released on 4th.

milek
June 02, 2014, 12:36 PM
the cover of this week's JUMP.
http://shonenjump.com/j/weeklyshonenjump/_image/_mainImg_hyoushi.jpg
comic volume 30 and fan book
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BotAPUdCIAA-xYz.jpg

The fanbook includes poster, world cook ranking top100, The Gourmet world secret map, research of bishoku monsters like Yaou and extra manga which was posted in Saikyo JUMP before.
Both volume 30 and the fanbook will be released on 4th.

Thank you very much. Great staff.

Finally we will see full list of 100 chef.

junjun2
June 03, 2014, 11:02 PM
Here, you can read some pages of the fan book. Click the blue button.
http://www.s-manga.net/book/978-4-08-880132-2.html

There is an interesting timeline. I translated some of them.

BGA(Before Gourmet Age)
1000 Shokurin Temple was established.
105 Acasia discovered gourmet cell.
5 Four beast invaded the human world.
4 Gourmet eclipse
3 Froese passed away.

GA(Gourmet Age)
15 Ichiryu became president of IGO.
45 Bishokukai was launched by Midora.
304 The first Cooking Festival
501 Komatsu made century soup.
503 Four beast invaded the human world and was beaten by The Four Heavenly Kings.
504 Gourmet Age came to an end due to Meteor Spice by Midora.

zangetsukakashi
June 03, 2014, 11:13 PM
Ohh, nice. Thanks a lot, jun. I dunno if i'm seeing it right, but i think in those preview pages, toriko's new stats show he's now 29 years old.

junjun2
June 03, 2014, 11:34 PM
Ohh, nice. Thanks a lot, jun. I dunno if i'm seeing it right, but i think in those preview pages, toriko's new stats show he's now 29 years old.
oh, lol you are right! So, He is now 29 years old officially confirmed.

Freezer
June 03, 2014, 11:34 PM
Shokurinji / Shokurin / Chowlin (Shaolin :P) was that the temple??

So the number 5 (Four Beast Invaded the Human World) means that 5 years before the Gourmet Age the 4Beast attacked?

junjun2
June 03, 2014, 11:57 PM
Shokurinji / Shokurin / Chowlin (Shaolin :P) was that the temple??

So the number 5 (Four Beast Invaded the Human World) means that 5 years before the Gourmet Age the 4Beast attacked?
YES!

BestAnimeEvaToriko
June 04, 2014, 01:00 AM
when this gets a translation can someone please post it here

bobop
June 04, 2014, 01:06 AM
I doubt anyone will translate an entire fanbook. :^_^
But hopefully, we will get the most interesting stuffs.

It's cool to get a confirmation on Toriko's age. Kotonoha21 timeline (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2995523-Toriko-Timeline) was spot on.

zangetsukakashi
June 06, 2014, 03:13 AM
according to natalie (site), the fanbook has beast/ingredients drawn by mangakas: Akira Toriyama, Eiichiro Oda, Masashi Kishimoto, Naoshi Komi (Nisekoi), Tachibana Kenichi (Terra Formars), Nakama Ryo (Isobe), Tadatoshi Fujimaki (Kuroko no Basuke), Yusei Matsui (Ansatsu), and also has the profiles for more than 180 characters that we didn't get the profiles for. i hope i'm reading this right :)

ProGoddess
June 06, 2014, 05:00 AM
according to natalie (site), the fanbook has beast/ingredients drawn by mangakas: Akira Toriyama, Eiichiro Oda, Masashi Kishimoto, Naoshi Komi (Nisekoi), Tachibana Kenichi (Terra Formars), Nakama Ryo (Isobe), Tadatoshi Fujimaki (Kuroko no Basuke), Yusei Matsui (Ansatsu), and also has the profiles for more than 180 characters that we didn't get the profiles for. i hope i'm reading this right :)

This sounds interesting and it is also a form of merchandise to promote the sales of the manga.

milek
June 06, 2014, 12:14 PM
So Toriko is 29 years old just like me.

I hope that Toriko will get more popularity because is awesome manga.

Cedre
June 06, 2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info! I actually find pretty cool that the main characters of this are around 30 years old. I am getting pretty tired of the mangas wherein the main characters are half that age.

ProGoddess
June 07, 2014, 12:08 AM
This means that Komatsu is also 29 years old, since he is of the same age as Toriko. :) I wonder how old the rest of the Heavenly Kings are.

milek
June 07, 2014, 12:43 AM
This means that Komatsu is also 29 years old, since he is of the same age as Toriko. :) I wonder how old the rest of the Heavenly Kings are.

Probably the same age as Toriko, they should be same age.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
June 07, 2014, 12:49 AM
toriko komatsu and zebra are 29
coco is 31
and sani is 27

junjun2
June 07, 2014, 12:53 AM
Simply plus 4 to each character's age which has been shown before
Toriko 29
Komatsu 29
Sunny 28
Coco 31
Zebra 29
Rin 24
Teppei 31
Melk 25
Aimaru 29

But this might not be 100% accurate. For exaple, Rin's birthday is 20th Dec. If it's November in the manga now, her birthday is 23.

ProGoddess
June 07, 2014, 03:00 AM
Toriko 29
Komatsu 29
Sunny 28
Coco 31
Zebra 29
Rin 24
Teppei 31
Melk 25
Aimaru 29

But this might not be 100% accurate. For exaple, Rin's birthday is 20th Dec. If it's November in the manga now, her birthday is 23.

The exact number isn't as important though and a plus (+) or minus (-) one of their ages wouldn't make much of a difference here. It's good enough that we get an estimate. :) The guys still behave like kids though. hahahaha :)

Thanks for the info and clarification. Cheers! :)

Demonspeed
June 07, 2014, 05:48 AM
Toriko 29
Komatsu 29
Sunny 28
Coco 31
Zebra 29
Rin 24
Teppei 31
Melk 25
Aimaru 29

:jawdrop Komatsu is older than Sunny? Surprised that Coco is the oldest one, both Toriko and Zebra look older than him.

aboe
June 07, 2014, 08:14 AM
haha it doesnt matter that much anyway, gourmet cells make them look young for very looong

milek
June 07, 2014, 09:11 AM
Strange thing is that Coco is the oldest. i always thought that Zebra was oldest.

Any news about age stats from other side, Neo ect.

BestAnimeEvaToriko
June 07, 2014, 09:14 AM
its weird how zebra is calling komatsu a kid while they are at the same age

milek
June 07, 2014, 09:36 AM
When i started reading Toriko, Kewl with his group and mangastream were doing translation of Toriko.

After some time manga stream stopped translating Toriko, Kewl was only one doing it.

After some time manga stream started subbing again and then i said that they will stop subbing again (it seems they did again) and that we have to be grateful to Kewl for translating Toriko.

Long time ago i loved manga called Jack Frost, its similar to Hellsing. Its not Japanese manga, its manga from Korea and after 15 chapter some group stopped doing translation . I was devastated about that.

Be grateful for Toriko.

ProGoddess
June 07, 2014, 10:46 AM
Coco does live up as a "onii-chan", doesn't he? haha :)

There is one character that I'm also interested in and that is Nono, a sweet gentle lady-chef who works under Setsuno. She and Komatsu seem to have a little "silent" crush. I do hope that their relationship may be developed further, so that Nono can be a part of the HK team in whatever way possible. :)

Jynx
June 07, 2014, 01:09 PM
Strange thing is that Coco is the oldest. i always thought that Zebra was oldest.

Any news about age stats from other side, Neo ect.

Isn't Zebra the youngest of the 4-Kings? It goes Zebra > Sani > Toriko > Coco right?

MangaStream only translate Toriko when they benefits them. That why I continue to read Kewl work, he is consistent.

Cedre
June 07, 2014, 01:25 PM
No. It´s Coco - Zebra - Komatsu - Toriko - Sunny

Zebra´s bday is on february, Komatsu´s on March and Toriko´s on may

ProGoddess
June 08, 2014, 02:04 PM
I think when Zebra addresses Komatsu as a kid, it may not mean by the age. It is probably because Komatsu is a small-build man, so small (compared to Zebra and the rest of the Kings) that he looks like a child (doesn't he?), and it just comes out naturally for Zebra. Moreover our Zebra-san is also a very proud guy, it is no wonder when anyone or anything that he thinks is "cocky", his tendency of showing off his pridefulness will just shoot out. hehe :)

aboe
June 08, 2014, 02:11 PM
it makes me angry when it looks like mangastream moved aside toriko for hxh :nerve

thank goodness we have kewl

ProGoddess
June 08, 2014, 02:19 PM
it makes me angry when it looks like mangastream moved aside toriko for hxh :nerve

thank goodness we have kewl

Really? This group seems to have many projects going on. I hope Mr Kewl will continue this series or we all Toriko-fans will cry. *sob sob*

Zehahaha
June 08, 2014, 04:28 PM
The problem isn't that, Toriko is too successful to be left without a translation, but the real problem is the quality
Kewl's translation are really good, so if he dropped the serie, I would be worried about the quality of the translation

ProGoddess
June 09, 2014, 03:57 AM
True, Kewl's scan is of good quality and thanks to him for that. But as long as there is someone or group that is willing to do the scanlation, it is still better than having nothing. Of course it would be much appreciated if Kewl continues the work. :)

milek
June 09, 2014, 02:48 PM
It would be great if he told us something about him ( i mean Kewl)

Am reading this manga for +4 years and i dont know anything about him.

And one more thing if i were Shima i would love to see what people has to say on forum, this one or any other.

junjun2
June 09, 2014, 09:10 PM
I bought the fanbook. There isn't much remarkable information rather than the timeline and some characters ages.
The content is mostly characters data.

@Cedre#1230
Any of those ages are not written. 95% of characters' ages are not written or written as unknown.

@ProGoddess#1231
It's 550 yen +8% tax.
I can't count how many characters it covers, maybe around 500?
Minor characters are shown in small space.

Cedre
June 09, 2014, 09:32 PM
I bought the fanbook. There isn't much remarkable information rather than the timeline and some character's age.
The content is mostly character data.

Can you tell us the characters ages? I´m seriously interested on Jerry, Yuu, Limon and Tairan´s

ProGoddess
June 09, 2014, 11:32 PM
I bought the fanbook. There isn't much remarkable information rather than the timeline and some character's age.
The content is mostly character data.

How much is the book?

I would reckon that it contains the main and those important characters' data?

redon
June 10, 2014, 03:55 PM
I posted on Volume Covers Thread - Part 1, Toriko 29.5 Databook cover and special posters.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73161-Volume-Covers-Thread-Part-1?p=3804597&viewfull=1#post3804597

Shueisha
Toriko #29.5 SHQ:
http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33218/dc85a3332176927.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/dc85a3332176927)

Toriko #29.5 Special Poster SHQ:
http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33226/9000d9332251783.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9000d9332251783) http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/33226/e7d57d332251993.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e7d57d332251993)

Scan: redon

ProGoddess
June 10, 2014, 07:43 PM
I posted on Volume Covers Thread - Part 1, Toriko 29.5 Databook cover and special posters.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/73161-Volume-Covers-Thread-Part-1?p=3804597&viewfull=1#post3804597

Wow! So pretty! :)

Thank you for posting. :)

redon
June 11, 2014, 06:45 AM
Some pictures of Toriko 29.5 with all special mangaka ingredients.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33242/10fd26332412971.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/10fd26332412971) http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33242/cd2d4b332413039.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/cd2d4b332413039) http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/33242/3e0b8b332413101.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3e0b8b332413101) http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/33242/80c8d9332413143.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/80c8d9332413143)
http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33242/a9bb72332413198.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a9bb72332413198) http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/33242/4f2623332413302.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4f2623332413302) http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/33242/9c2ba7332413417.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9c2ba7332413417) http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33242/4c8077332413477.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4c8077332413477)
http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33242/736f1b332413541.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/736f1b332413541) http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33242/dcc97c332413614.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/dcc97c332413614) http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33242/26bbf2332413697.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/26bbf2332413697) http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33242/db46d5332413755.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/db46d5332413755)
http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33242/30e354332413805.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/30e354332413805) http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33242/0bf642332413853.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0bf642332413853) http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33242/2c77dc332413879.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/2c77dc332413879) http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33242/9b1e90332413918.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9b1e90332413918)

junjun2
June 11, 2014, 11:51 PM
I don't understand this. That art of Eiichiro Oda is almost exactly the same idea as what one of Toriko fan ever posted. Both are the same name, "Bara Niku"=rose meat.
What happened?
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/33242/9c2ba7332413417.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9c2ba7332413417)
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/toriko/special/monster_no01/detail/hosi4/baraniku.jpg
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/toriko/special/monster01.html

ProGoddess
June 12, 2014, 07:56 AM
Wow! The fanbook has many information and is pretty detailed.

Thanks for sharing, redon. :)

Akainu
June 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
I don't understand this. That art of Eiichiro Oda is almost exactly the same idea as what one of Toriko fan ever posted. Both are the same name, "Bara Niku"=rose meat.
What happened?
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/33242/9c2ba7332413417.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9c2ba7332413417)
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/toriko/special/monster_no01/detail/hosi4/baraniku.jpg
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/toriko/special/monster01.html

Probably just like in the manga the guest artists could pick from fan-ideas. Then it should be noted somewhere though, just like it is in a normal chapter (Bara Niku is the idea of pen-name Shin Chan of Sakura prefecture - or however it is phrased).

Samui
June 22, 2014, 06:08 AM
Rose-Meat is a relatively generic idea for an ingredient, especially the name. So wouldn't be surprised if two people came up with the idea. Not to mention that it would be weird of Oda to go through the volumes and look at other people's drawings to take ideas from just to decide on a simple idea like the Rose-Meat.

---------- Post added June 22, 2014 at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was June 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM ----------

Does anyone know where to find the fanbook raw?

zangetsukakashi
June 25, 2014, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know where to find the fanbook raw?
Not out anywhere yet :(

Jynx
June 25, 2014, 05:09 PM
Am I the only here that likes Kewl translation better than Mangastreams?

ProGoddess
June 25, 2014, 10:07 PM
There may be different level of proficiency, however both are still considerably good in their specialty. After all, it is "fan-subbed" and people who are doing the scans are volunteers. They could have studied the Japanese language to a certain level (how high, I have no idea), forking out their time and making an effort to do it. Unlike those who work as a Translator who require at least an academic certificate like a Diploma or a Bachelor Degree, or higher. Some of them also teach and write books. Therefore, I am quite happy with the various groups and individuals in doing such work. :)

milek
June 28, 2014, 12:30 PM
Am I the only here that likes Kewl translation better than Mangastreams?

i also like Kewl translation more than Mangastream.

i dont dont even read mangastream translation ( Only for Toriko).

BestAnimeEvaToriko
June 28, 2014, 04:18 PM
do you think the 29.5 will ever be translated?

zangetsukakashi
June 28, 2014, 06:10 PM
do you think the 29.5 will ever be translated?
I don't think so.

ProGoddess
June 29, 2014, 02:18 AM
It would be rare to translate a fanbook.

Zehahaha
July 30, 2014, 07:12 AM
Just found that the concept of Ultimate routine was shown way before, to be more precise in the fight between Star and Terry where Star used it (chapter 44)

ProGoddess
July 30, 2014, 10:45 AM
In the early chapters, it wouldn't be noticed since the term wasn't used till later. But to re-read Chapter 44, it seemed to make sense. :)

BestAnimeEvaToriko
August 02, 2014, 01:29 PM
yay toriko was 2nd of wsj !!! :D

ProGoddess
August 03, 2014, 01:30 PM
yay toriko was 2nd of wsj !!! :D

Cool! Can you post the website of that info please?

milek
August 03, 2014, 11:46 PM
Cool! Can you post the website of that info please?

http://pharaodopazo.blogspot.com/p/wsj-rankings.html