PDA

View Full Version : Gum Gum Fruit

Stop
May 23, 2008, 01:40 AM
Is luffy's skin rubber or does it just stretch I've been thinking about this for awhile. if it is rubber does his skin feel like rubber or does it feel like normal skin? having rubber skin would be pretty nasty I dont think it would feel at that nice...

gfire2
May 23, 2008, 05:15 AM
u cant add logic into one piece lol

but yes i believe his entire body is rubber that feels like normal skin

Razh
May 23, 2008, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I would say that it's a normal skin that behaves like a rubber. It would suck if he was all rubbery.

Nin-Kaizen
May 23, 2008, 07:27 AM
Its a normal skin but he can stretch it thats all. Then if his hole skin is rubber why does not melt?

Akainu
May 23, 2008, 07:41 AM
if he was complete rubber he would die the moment he ate the fruit, that doesn't work... just think about the blood (gum doesn't get O2 in to your body does it?) or his nerves (gum bad for electricity...) so it should like was stated before be a normal body with the behavior of that material (the logic behind DF?)

Splat
May 23, 2008, 10:37 AM
if he was complete rubber he would die the moment he ate the fruit, that doesn't work... just think about the blood (gum doesn't get O2 in to your body does it?) or his nerves (gum bad for electricity...) so it should like was stated before be a normal body with the behavior of that material (the logic behind DF?)

I don't think a devil fruit interfers with the workings of someones body, but instead it rearranges them. Take your example of nerve signals for example.
Obviously the nerve signals still have to be sent, but his body must be made entirely from rubber or enels attacks would have worked against him. I think his skin feels normal, but has all the properties of rubber, stretching, insulation etc, but his internal structure is also altered to allow his body to continue to function.

Just as another point, aokijis blood would freeze when he used his ability and that would certainly kill him if his body wasn't structured differently.

Rokuubi
May 23, 2008, 12:41 PM
i was always wondering doesn't rubber not absord heat/cold i.e. isn't it a good insulator like it is on electricity (ENEL) so Luffy shouldn't be affected by things like cold weather or Aokiji right?

Akainu
May 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
I don't think a devil fruit interfers with the workings of someones body, but instead it rearranges them. Take your example of nerve signals for example.
Obviously the nerve signals still have to be sent, but his body must be made entirely from rubber or enels attacks would have worked against him. I think his skin feels normal, but has all the properties of rubber, stretching, insulation etc, but his internal structure is also altered to allow his body to continue to function.

Just as another point, akainus blood would freeze and that would certainly kill him if his body wasn't structured differently.

the signals have still to be sent yes and thus its not possible imo for a body to completly change into that material. and as you said yourself the skin has the properties of rubber but is normal skin. I think its kinda hard to understand ... what I'm trying to say is, that his body isn' fully rubber but acts like it giving him some extra abilities but not harming normal functions.

your last sentence makes no sense atm as we don't know abilities of Akainu (well no mine, the other ones ;P). Those of Aokiji might be the similar but I doubt it as its a whole other class of DF!

and yes if you have an icebloc around you, you actually are affected and won't move.
that it is a good insulator on heat is what we saw from gear2, but it clearly isn't made for higher tempratures (melt down...?).

Splat
May 23, 2008, 02:31 PM
the signals have still to be sent yes and thus its not possible imo for a body to completly change into that material. and as you said yourself the skin has the properties of rubber but is normal skin. I think its kinda hard to understand ... what I'm trying to say is, that his body isn' fully rubber but acts like it giving him some extra abilities but not harming normal functions.

your last sentence makes no sense atm as we don't know abilities of Akainu (well no mine, the other ones ;P). Those of Aokiji might be the similar but I doubt it as its a whole other class of DF!

and yes if you have an icebloc around you, you actually are affected and won't move.
that it is a good insulator on heat is what we saw from gear2, but it clearly isn't made for higher tempratures (melt down...?).

oops, meant to say aokiji, not akainu :s

i think the main thing is that there is no point trying to rationalise a world where people can turn into rubber men or knock someone out with their spirit

kaizokumarcee
May 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
The body just obtain the properties of the material. But i think his body parts are still the same...only rubbery... No need to be scientific...it's magic. :p