PDA

View Full Version : Doflamingo head of the slave-trade bussiness on Shabondy?

Razh
May 31, 2008, 03:29 AM
Well, probably everybody noticed his insignia on this page;
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/04-05/

But I remebered something from before a couple of days back.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/08/

Bellamy saying - "...They will get to your position eventually..."
It wasn't a guess or anything. It was a statement. As if Doflamingo's position is at a place where they have to end up if they continue moving on.

I remeber also the Shichibukai meeting. 3 of them appeared. Mihawk had a personal interest in the subject. Kuma can warp around freely as we have seen. Doflamingo seemed to have come only out of boredom. Maybe it was a short trip for him? Shabondy is pretty near to Mariejoa.
He did say to Sengoku that "business is doing well" or something like that...

He looks like a pimp too :p

I don't know. I think it's fairly possible. And totally unexpected. If there weren't for his symbols on that auction I wouldn't have thought of it either.

What do you think?

(Also, apologies for the clumsy title. It's morning here and I got a little hangover from last night. If any of the mods have better idea for the title, feel free.)

DutchPhoenix
May 31, 2008, 04:06 AM
i think ur right, its time for Shichibukai number 3 to be defeated lol

LoS
May 31, 2008, 05:23 AM
Most of us thought that Flamingo was behind it because of the similar Rogers show in the previous chapters, which was a very unsubstantiated guess on our part, but now that we have "his" actual Roger in the chapter we can safely conclude he in fact is behind human trafficking.

The thing is "who" will face off against him? We have Luffy of course, Rayleigh as a possibility, and there is even Garp who may command him to do nothing.

But then again the WG did say they can not afford to lose another Shichibukai, so Garp might side with Flamingo to ensure they dont lose a comrade so to speak. Even if it is against his grandson.

Luckas
May 31, 2008, 05:38 AM
There is a rule that doesn't allow to talk about the latest chapter outside of that chapter discussion thread until the week ends.

gfire2
June 01, 2008, 05:38 AM
wow nice find

i believe don flamingo will blurt out abt luffy defeating 2 shiki's and then challenging him, so if that is the case then this will prolli end up being the 3rd shiki to fall

Mische
June 01, 2008, 06:56 PM
I admit that they are very alike. we have seen many signs alike to flamingos but if you look at it closely than they are not the same!

Look Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/09/) and here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/04-05/)

If you look precisely than you can see that flamingos sign has an upper and a lower row of teeth which are clearly seperated by a black bar wherein the sign at the auction has only one row of teeth. Another difference is in the circles sorrounding it. There is a smaller bar that flamingos sign does not show.
Although the difference is not big and it really seems like all these signs have some kind of connection i doubt that its flamingos auction and in my eyes there is no sign shown so far that makes it likely that he plays a role in this chapter!

Superman
June 02, 2008, 03:53 AM
Yeah your right Mische.
But i wouldn`t analyse the difference between these signs so much.
Maybe Doflamingo felt free to change the sign a little bit.
Much firms do the same:D:p
It isn`t a big change.

But however maybe it has nothing to do with Doflamingo.

But i would say, the possibility is high that he is the head of the slave-trade bussiness on Shabondy. :XD

Umbra Wolf
June 02, 2008, 05:27 AM
Yeah your right Mische.
But i wouldn`t analyse the difference between these signs so much.
Maybe Doflamingo felt free to change the sign a little bit.

Well that's the wrong conclusion. Mische proofed that the signs are different and as long as we don't know something for sure there is no connection between the slave trade and Flamingo.

Btw: Some connected Trafalgar Law's Jolly Roger (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/500/16/) with the sign of Don Flamingo. Buw we must not forget that Bellamy e.g. used his own roger and was "just" under the order of Flamingo.

Razh
June 02, 2008, 08:21 AM
I think the difference in teeth row isn't that important. What's important about the Jolly Roger is that it's a smiling skull crossed over. It's clearly his flag so, wouldn't it be a coincidence if there was some other strong pirate behind the slave trade? With the simmilar symbol? Really...
That spiked edges are probably a mere decoration, since the center symbol has them too.

I simply pointed the indicators about Doflamingo being ivolved here and I get discussion about the number of teeth rows on the skull. That's brilliant...

Ustegius
June 02, 2008, 09:07 AM
Well, all the mentioned share similar basis in their Rogers, so I think is very likely that Flamingo has something to do with them. He might run the slave business, or they are ex-crew members, or they share the same New World ideals.

Note that also one of Kid's crew members (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/500/15/) bears the same sign. Though this one differs maybe the most from Doflamingos Jolly Roger. It looks like the skeleton from Nightmare Before Chrismas.

Umbra Wolf
June 02, 2008, 09:28 AM
To add some fuel to the fire

Look. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/12-13/)

On the bottles in the background you can see the same smiling skull as in Don Flamingos sign, not crossed out but upside-down.

I still doubt a connection mainly because Bellamy did use it own roger that didn't have any resemblance with Flamingo's sign. Also if there might be a connection you would be very cautious so you can keep this secret though we don't to which the WG take part in.

Akainu
June 02, 2008, 09:45 AM
that discussion is really getting kinda annoying because on the one hand we don't know enough yet and on the other hand everyone sticks to his oppinion as if its made out of glue.

however because I believe it wasn't done yet here is a list of appearences for the smiley:
Flamingos symbol (note: not necessarily his jolly roger) [crossed out]
Whitebeards infusion bottle (chapter 234 page 12!) [not crossed]
Trafalgar Law (same as Flamingo) [not crossed]
Kidd (same as Flamingo) [not crossed, sewn up mouth]
the auction hall [crossed out]
Ace with one smiling and one crying (could also be a reference to greek comedy/tragedy...) [not crossed]thats the few that were hinted until now on the boards I read if someone feels like putting something together that shows all of them in comparison please do so...
anyway the point is: that leads to nothing.
even if we look at the context the symbols were shown in its still more than very vague.
looking only at Law and WB it seems like it may have to do with medicine which helps us keep sick persons alive so the crossed version stands for death.
-->far fetched

Edit: I definately should write faster ^^ --> Umbra Wolf beat me with WB's bottle

Mische
June 02, 2008, 09:51 AM
I think the difference in teeth row isn't that important. What's important about the Jolly Roger is that it's a smiling skull crossed over. It's clearly his flag so, wouldn't it be a coincidence if there was some other strong pirate behind the slave trade? With the simmilar symbol? Really...
That spiked edges are probably a mere decoration, since the center symbol has them too.

I simply pointed the indicators about Doflamingo being ivolved here and I get discussion about the number of teeth rows on the skull. That's brilliant...

Well i agree that lately with all those supernovas and the auction now these signs are appearing more and more often. Its likely that they have some kind of connection: Flamingo doesn´t necessarily have to be in the center of this whole thing but if they are connected he is at least a part of it you can say.

The difference might not be big but i didn´t search long to find them eather. I never said that its impossible that flamingo plays a role but some took your post as if it was impossible that he wouldn´t come. Ace also has a smiling one and a sad(mad whatever) one stuck to his hat as many other pirates have been shown with similar signs like that already. The possibilities for Flamingo having smth. to do with that didn´t get smaller. But they didn´t get bigger eather in my eyes...

wing_gundam
June 02, 2008, 10:17 AM
^ haha Kidd's JR is the goth crew... look at what they're wearing. He reminds me of Big Daddy from Dodgeball :)

Just cuz a lot of pirates use the circular skull doesn't mean they're all connected or all believe in the new world order thingy.

The only thing we do know about the auction is that Camie was brought in by Hound Pets...

I'm still not sure if this is all Hound Pet's auction or they're just one participant. Other slavers seem to have other shops/auctions, hence the Rosey/Flying fish didn't go there first.

Akainu
June 02, 2008, 10:24 AM
I'm still not sure if this is all Hound Pet's auction or they're just one participant. Other slavers seem to have other shops/auctions, hence the Rosey/Flying fish didn't go there first.

then please read chapter 500 again and notice that disco comments on FFR not delivering and then in chapter 501 the part with the coffee monkeys who claimed to have caught the giant (the one sitting next to caimie and rayleigh). I think there also was the reference that the auction takes plcae once a month...

Razh
June 02, 2008, 10:34 AM
I read somewhere that all those skull smileys represent Gol D. Roger's smile in the moment of his death, and Doflamingo has a crossed skull because of his "New Age" ideals. He claims that all who are unworthy have no place in that "New World" while Roger's philosophy was more about chasing dreams and that nothing is impossible.
It seemed reasonable at the time, although i don't remeber the source.

There isn't much of a connection between all those smilarly shaped skulls; there aren't so many ways in which you can draw a skull, but what isolates that Flamingo's symbol from others is that line that is a negation. Appearance of that sign isn't an accident.
I'm sure that Flamingo has his fingers in the slave-trade business.
I had other arguments beside the frikin' skulls too.

And to sum it up nicely, if the SH are going to run into Flamingo, then this is their last chance before they go into the New World.

goldb
June 02, 2008, 04:39 PM
@ akainu: yeah, there was mention of that, the auction is once a month; traffickers such as hound pets and FFR are regular providers as far the last two chapters have indicated... with the latter no longer involved.

as of yet, we don't know if there's a limit to how many slaves you bring to auctions, but for sure the hound pets did not capture everyone there...

as for the "sign", we don't know enough to really come up with anything concrete, so let's just wait until we get more information, but from what razh's first notes it wouldn't be a surprise if doflamingo was involved as everything seems to point to him...

Dice
June 02, 2008, 06:03 PM
that discussion is really getting kinda annoying because on the one hand we don't know enough yet and on the other hand everyone sticks to his oppinion as if its made out of glue.

however because I believe it wasn't done yet here is a list of appearences for the smiley:
Flamingos symbol (note: not necessarily his jolly roger) [crossed out]
Whitebeards infusion bottle (chapter 234 page 12!) [not crossed]
Trafalgar Law (same as Flamingo) [not crossed]
Kidd (same as Flamingo) [not crossed, sewn up mouth]
the auction hall [crossed out]
Ace with one smiling and one crying (could also be a reference to greek comedy/tragedy...) [not crossed]thats the few that were hinted until now on the boards I read if someone feels like putting something together that shows all of them in comparison please do so...
anyway the point is: that leads to nothing.
even if we look at the context the symbols were shown in its still more than very vague.
looking only at Law and WB it seems like it may have to do with medicine which helps us keep sick persons alive so the crossed version stands for death.
-->far fetched

Edit: I definately should write faster ^^ --> Umbra Wolf beat me with WB's bottle

Since I was bored I felt like putting something together^^
But I don't know (shame on me^^) how to upload a picture. Do I need to upload them elsewhere and post the link?
Maybe someone can help me^^ I bet millions of people can do it better but it should serve its purpose I guess (if I can upload it).

Thanks in advance.

Ohh and I think that this symbol is really some "new world"-thing. But I also think that Don Flamingo could be involved in the slave-tradings. It would somehow fit his character and his ability (so far we've seen it) since he's able to control a person.

Imitorar
June 02, 2008, 07:10 PM
I don't think Doflamingo is at all at the center of the Sabaody slave trade. As Robin said in chapter 500, the slave trade on the Sabaody Islands is a lot older then Doflamingo Donquixote. However, I think the symbol of the smiley face and whether or not it's slashed through DOES mean A LOT. It means a subscription to a certain ideology. We don't know exactly what that ideology is yet, but eventually, we will. As of now, I would go with the "Roger's smile" theory, which states that it's... Well, I suppose the difference between Peace Main and Morgania (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate#Types_of_Pirates), though it's probably not QUITE so broad as that. As in, even some Morgania may not cross out the sign. Though Law may not be a Morgania, we don't know enough about him to tell yet.

Oh, and Dice? If you wanna upload an image, just host it on imageshack.com and provide the link to it in this thread. If you need more detailed instructions, PM me and I'll give them to you.

Lohnt
June 03, 2008, 07:00 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/11uafz8.png
(credit goes to grandjedi on AP)

The smilies most likely represent some form of "piracy spirit" the smilies are for freedom and the pirate age, and the crossed out smilies represent the end of that pirate age an the age of the strong.

Ace's smilies probably represent a ying yang, to show he is the most down to Earth, by following White Beard who is strong and yet still living his life in the spirit of piracy like Shanks.
[hr]
Also notice, Don Flamingo's smiley is different, myth busted. DF has bleeding eyes and Auction house does not, I didn't think the sun/no flames around it was proof, but the blood/no blood definately proves it's not the Don.

Besides 2 Shichibukai in one place is overdose right after TB, especially since they're needed with the whole WB/Shanks situation.

Superman
June 03, 2008, 11:29 AM
Very good but like i said earliier:
Maybe Doflamingo felt free to change it.
People change.
Besides, the "new" sign fits more to this pimp:XD
Your idea with the "end of that pirate age" is good too.

But who knows.
I go along with the first:p

alias85
June 03, 2008, 01:15 PM
makes sense, i remember garp saying how there's two legends there. one being raleigh, the other must be don flamingo.

Razh
June 03, 2008, 01:48 PM
Also notice, Don Flamingo's smiley is different, myth busted. DF has bleeding eyes and Auction house does not, I didn't think the sun/no flames around it was proof, but the blood/no blood definately proves it's not the Don.

It's not blood. It's only a paint that was dripping and got dried up like that... Unless you think that the skull is bleeding from it's chin too.
If you still think it's blood, than what's up with this skull (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/09/) that seems to be missing bloody tears?

Besides 2 Shichibukai in one place is overdose right after TB, especially since they're needed with the whole WB/Shanks situation.

Nobody expected that SH will encounter a Shichibukai on Thriller Bark, let alone two of them. Point; Oda is unpredictable.
And who says SH will have to fight Doflamingo, even if he is on Shabondy?

Mische
June 03, 2008, 02:39 PM
makes sense, i remember garp saying how there's two legends there. one being raleigh, the other must be don flamingo.

Well think of WB and then guess again. Flamingo is a little to young to be called a Legend anyways.

Its obvious that the signs of the auction and Flamingo are not the same.But as you said yourself thats not the main thing.

That they are both crossed out is smth. i hadn´t realized. I must admit that that really could be a sign for him or at least some "new wave" that was inspired by him to be having their/his fingers in the slave buisness. His ability itself is another hint. His "controle fruit" really fits well into slave buisness...

Although i must admit that its possible that he has his fingers in it i would still be surprised if he would appear now out of nothing. The slavery buissness is obviously tolerated by the WG (at least they are closing their eyes' about it). Why would he use another Sign for the auction and not his own one?

That both signs are crossed could also just be two out of many signs that are standing for a alike ideology. They are connected but not necessarily one and the same. I like the theory razh described.

Well we´ll see. Great that there are so many possible outcomes. Flamingo would be an interessting opponent - Will the Sh´s slice eachother up? But thats a topic for a new thread once Flamingo appears (if he does ;))

Finale
June 07, 2008, 12:50 PM
Another little tidbit is that back on Jaya one of Bellamy's crew offered to buy Nami.

Akainu
June 07, 2008, 02:50 PM
nah, not really. its not like buying a slave what sarquiss wanted. it would be more like buying a football player or similar to join up with another team.
(can be found in chapter 225 p8)

Razh
June 07, 2008, 06:33 PM
It doesn't matter what Sarquiss wanted. What matters is that Sarquiss seemed to be accustomed to that kind of business, and I think that's what Finale wanted to point out.

Akainu
June 08, 2008, 03:38 AM
accustomed to what business? slave trade? he was completely aware that Nami was not a slave, else he would have tried to buy her from Luffy. if he really would have been (and if oda wanted to show us back then) he would have kept the women he had around him on chains. as I said there is a difference in buying someone for a team like a manager, a lawyer or a sportsman and buying someone to enslave. the intention might not matter but the process very well does. this was nowhere near human trafficking.

Finale
June 08, 2008, 09:41 AM
I hadn't saw the manga version of the incident. From the subbed episode I saw it didn't seem like he wanted Nami for her abilities. He seemed like he's some sort of pimp or john buying a woman. But after reading the manga version I can see your point.

Razh
June 08, 2008, 10:45 AM
accustomed to what business? slave trade? he was completely aware that Nami was not a slave, else he would have tried to buy her from Luffy. if he really would have been (and if oda wanted to show us back then) he would have kept the women he had around him on chains. as I said there is a difference in buying someone for a team like a manager, a lawyer or a sportsman and buying someone to enslave. the intention might not matter but the process very well does. this was nowhere near human trafficking.

The point was that buying people or paying for them wasn't weird for him. That means being accustomed to something. And Jaya didn't have any slaves for sale, or an auction house, so maybe he had to improvise. :p
I'm not saying that it's an indicator, but you went too much into it.

Finale
June 08, 2008, 11:34 AM
True you just don't go around offering to buy people or buy them off. He reminds me of the people in the book Less than Zero.

LoS
June 18, 2008, 01:50 AM
So it is looking good for Flamingo being the head of the Human Trafficking, either him or the Mysterious 7th Schibi.

Akainu
June 18, 2008, 01:58 AM
spoilers are not allowed, not even in tags afaik.

LoS
June 18, 2008, 02:06 AM
K, well I'll just remove the spoiler and tag and just say if you want to know read the spoilers then lol.

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 01:39 PM
Guess he was... what a turn off, at least for me. i wanted the "smiles" to have some deeper meaning, but whatever..

bittman
June 22, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure the smilies do, but what Doflamingo has is a slash across the smily. If the sign is indicative of the pirates of the old age, then the slash is his representation of his new age.

Don't know what the meaning of him being the owner of the Slave house will be, but I hope it comes back for a mention.

Mische
July 06, 2008, 10:43 AM
Comin a little late but i have to say, nice prediction here Razh!

I noticed that the bar i was talking about that was missin at the teeth in the early auction house chapters suddenly appeared in the last chapter where the auction was shown. Oda eather left it away to make it less obvious or they forgot about it. You where right on that too when you said it was less important.

Razh
July 06, 2008, 04:29 PM
Looks like he's out of business now. Doesn't seem to bother him though...
I bet that wasn't his only "business".

And as for prediction, I'm glad I was right, but if you look at the evidence now, everything seemed to point in that direction.
I have to say, I admire Oda, for the way he gives out such hints, in such an unsignificant way.
Makes you wonder how many other hints are scattered throughout the manga.