PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Volume 44 (Ch. 403-412) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

kaylee
June 06, 2008, 06:49 AM
Naruto 403 is out! (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32514)

What do you think of Naruto's new power? Discuss! :D

DO NOT POST SPOILER SCRIPTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OR DISCUSS THEM ON THIS THREAD. If you have a spoiler that you think it may be true, contact any blue mod or green mod of this section by PM. If it's good enough, we may open the spoiler thread. If it's obviously fake, we won't, and we won't allow its discussion on this thread either.

jodi
June 06, 2008, 06:50 AM
weird what "power" may mean in this case

i just think I am getting in love with Itachi.

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 06:51 AM
so itachi realised sasuke would take revenge on konoha

so hes given something to naruto which should stop sasuke and give naruto time to train and do 20 years + of training using kage bushin so that when sasuke arrives he can do something

well far enough chapter was alright still too many flash backs but all good

im just wondering how is konoha going to find out that sasuke is attacking konoha

but they should find out next chapter from the frog that pain will be attacking konoha to take naruto

The Closet Pervert
June 06, 2008, 06:53 AM
Am I perverted if I think that crow flying in Naruto's mouth looks cool?

Hmm anyway, yet another nice chapter. Can't wait to see next chapter!

Rahan
June 06, 2008, 06:54 AM
I hate that Itachi powerup.

I'd love if it wasn't a powerup, but some sort of bomb so that if Naruto is caught by Akatsuki, he'll die before the Kyuubi can be extracted, but that's out of question now. Itachi turned from psycho to psycho good to good (with him crying after the massacre and smiling at Naruto).

Also, Sasuke clearly stated he is going to be a villain. He doesn't want to see things like Itachi (love of stability beyond everything), so I guess he wants chaos and war.

Yannnnnnnnn
June 06, 2008, 06:54 AM
Naruto is going to know that ero senin is dead....

Neru
June 06, 2008, 06:58 AM
Seriously, Itachi has become the most timeless charachter in the whole manga. Even though he's dead he has been appearing more than anyone else lately and his role in the story seem to be above everyone too. I like it that way though. Nice how Kishi used Itachi early design to fit into the flashback.

Alterno
June 06, 2008, 06:58 AM
We don't know if is a power up... it could be many things:

Knowledge: Knowledge which will appear @ Sasuke or Madara's Sharingan.
A gen jutsu for Sasuke.
Or counter for the Sharingan.

Muhbaer
June 06, 2008, 07:04 AM
i thought the spoiler was nice...but the chapter was amazing.

can't wait to see some action and the sight of naruto when he learns that g-man is gone.

very nice story

heiky0711
June 06, 2008, 07:06 AM
I remember when jiraiya said to tsunade that yondy has the guts to succeed. I'm starting to witness that in naruto because he convinced a lot of people especially the elite ninjas from sarutobi, tsunade, jiraiya and now itachi. It's simply awesome to see that Itachi smiled after naruto said "I'd never bend my words". He deserves full support from the konoha and he can generate immense power by combining all the elements of chakra that he has. Itachi's power could contain new element of chakra and jutsus as well. This gives kishi a much broader optons for the future manga releases as naruto can combine different types of chakra to form a new and unimaginable power. But we are witnessing sasuke's power as well. But as for naruto, it's more in the long term of this manga.

patedecarne
June 06, 2008, 07:07 AM
Guys, one question...
just one question and nothing more...

And about Jiraya, the frogs and the ultra powerful Pain? I only want to know that, please...

Were they swallowed too by plot holes?

I thought the prophecy and Jirayas death would be relevant in the context, but still Naruto is worried about Sasuke...

C'mon, some days must had passed since Jiraya's death...

but seems this "little" detail was ignored...

The Closet Pervert
June 06, 2008, 07:10 AM
Patedecarne: at least I want to believe that Kishi wants to make Sasuke's attack on Konoha justified as fast as possible before moving into other things. Hopefully he will be finished with Sasuke soon, and we will move onto Naruto & Konoha. And, Jiraya, Pain and frogs are part of Konoha's storyline, not Sasuke's?

Or, so I want to believe :)

*edit* Or in other words: I think he want's to finish issues with Itachi now that he has begun.

UCHIHAmustafa
June 06, 2008, 07:14 AM
We don't know if is a power up... it could be many things:

Knowledge: Knowledge which will appear @ Sasuke or Madara's Sharingan.
A gen jutsu for Sasuke.
Or counter for the Sharingan.

i think point 3 is correct i dont know but i think so and then its get be easy for naruto fight with sasuke

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 07:16 AM
looks like itachi knew exactly how dumb his little brother is, so he planned for plan B for the worst case scenario. it's as if he was testing naruto to know if he can count on him when the time comes. i think the power is something to block or encounter the effects of the sharingan,the way itachi talked gives the feeling that this power activates only under certain circumstances(if naruto faced a sharingan user i think), that's why he hoped the day wont come when naruto use it caz it only means that he's fighting sasuke to stop him from destroying konoha. too bad he's dead, I'm gonna miss him in the next chapters

◆ T.D.A ◆
Guys, one question...

And about Jiraya, the frogs and the ultra powerful Pain? I only want to know that, please...

I thought the prophecy and Jirayas death would be relevant in the context, but still Naruto is worried about Sasuke...

the frog might have not come back yet.

i think we will know more next chapter.

Rahan
Pein will probably show up before Naruto learns the news.

First, Naruto will have to go all out to desperately survive (and we'll finally see what he can do), then the frog will arrive with the cheat code to beat Pein and Naruto will use it.

This way, Kishi won't have to take too much time with Naruto (since it doesn't look like Naruto is that important anymore) Just show him angry but composed and then give him the last laugh and it's over...

But Jiraiya died just before the Uchiha fight, so only a few hours before Naruto learned about Itachi's death.

Rinnegan
June 06, 2008, 07:17 AM
Itachi hopes his gift never have to be used, which implies that the situation it's going to be used in is a very dangerous one.
So I got to thinking, since Itachi has the power to implant a temporarily Ameratsu jutsu inside Sasukes eye by just poking his forehead, what could he do with an entire crow inside someones body?
I mean, this could have an immense potential power of some sort.

So by thinking of what Naruto could get himself in, and something that Itachi doesn't want to happen, I've come to the conclusion that Itachi's gift could be a whole Mangekyou for Naruto. (No, I'm not talking about Naruto using Ameratsu or Tsukiyomi or whatever else this godmode eye can do) But the other effect we know this eye does; Controlling the Kyuubi.
We know from many earlier encounters that Naruto can release quite a pack of emotional power that awakes the Kyuubi chakra and thus making him go nuts. What if Itachi's gift can respond to any major (I'm talking about 6-9 tails) Kyuubi chakra leaking out, and then giving Naruto the Mangekyou force to take aboslute control over the beast. He'll become the most powerful creature in the world for the jutsus duration.

If this was the case, I too would not have any hopes up for the event to occur. Where there could be utter destruction, the gift would calm things down and Naruto then have the control to not kill any of his allies.

*shrugs*

romme
June 06, 2008, 07:17 AM
Guys, one question...

well actually jiraya was killed, but in the hidden rain... there aren't many witnessing guys from konoha, and that
frog might just appear when naruto will cast a kuchiyose
again
that will be a very important issue after naruto has sasuke back and they fight against pein

Jenny_Bird
June 06, 2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I agree with the Closet Pervert (what a nickname lol)

Kishi is just putting the last pieces together, I guess in the next chapter we're gonna have more of Konoha-Pain-Frogs stuff.

We even had a bit of Naruto on this one! Never thought Itachi'd split his power with Naruto either, that was a bit strange... but still got me curious again, what sort of power was it?

***I loved when Naruto said "This is what being a ninja means to me" and then Itachi slightly smiles *.*

heiky0711
June 06, 2008, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I agree with the Closet Pervert (what a nickname lol)

Kishi is just putting the last pieces together, I guess in the next chapter we're gonna have more of Konoha-Pain-Frogs stuff.

We even had a bit of Naruto on this one! Never thought Itachi'd split his power with Naruto either, that was a bit strange... but still got me curious again, what sort of power was it?

***I loved when Naruto said "This is what being a ninja means to me" and then Itachi slightly smiles *.*

He said "i hope you dont end up using this power" or something like that. My guess is that itachi had never used this power yet and instead chose to pass on to naruto. Probably, because he entrusted naruto in the first place.

Oddzilla
June 06, 2008, 07:33 AM
What if the "crow" in Naruto was part A of the implant he gave Sasuke?

Just a thought, but it Itachi was able to somehow transfer or implant Amatersu into Sasuke so that he could use it and the sight of Madara's sharingan, who's to say that he didn't do something else to Sasuke that would work in conjuction with whatever he did to Naruto?

If Itachi had so much planned, the it's possible he could have used Naruto and Sasuke as puzzle peices to make something bigger.

Again, just a thought.

And I still can't believe fully yet that J-man is dead. There still has been no confirmation. We only saw his body sinking into the water. Ma frog, at least at that time, was still in the "bottle" (the one that J-man came out of when he went back to figure out who Pein was) in the water. If she was still there and hadn't left to take Pein's one body back to Tsunade she very well could have get J-man's body.

As we've seen, many who were thought to be dead or we saw die doesn't mean much in the manga.

Doesn't mean that J-man could be ok. WHo knows, he could be trashed beyond belief and never recover and not be able to do much of anything afetrwards. But he might still be alive.

adel123456789
June 06, 2008, 07:45 AM
sonthing is wrong didnt kishi say that hell be wrting about sasuke sakura and kakashi and that naruto had to wait tell next year or somthing
as for next issu sasuke vs konoha

Konohastar
June 06, 2008, 07:47 AM
:D, man that smile by itachi to naruto is like amazing, its just a ssmile bu tit means sooo much dang. Hey you remember that interview of kishi where he said that he wants to make naruto sauske and sakura to mature, i was thinking that sakura and sasuke have done growing up already so that leaves naruto, which i think he grows up from hearing ero sennins death. Oooo i am so ready for the next chapters :D

Rahan
June 06, 2008, 07:47 AM
sonthing is wrong didnt kishi say that hell be wrting about sasuke sakura and kakashi and that naruto had to wait tell next year or somthing
as for next issu sasuke vs konoha

That's why he showed Naruto doing NOTHING (instead of reporting what Itachi did to him) and called the next chapter "united front" meaning it will be a Hebi meets Akatsuki chapter and not a Naruto chapter.
He said he would write mainly about Sasuke this year (and only then about Kakashi and Sakura), we are not at the half of the year, so his story is not finished. This chapter was just bringing closure to Itachi by showing the last of his mysteries (his encounter with Naruto)

ultimateuchiha
June 06, 2008, 07:56 AM
its pretty cool how kishi did this, i like it....look at the smiles on itachi face when speaking with naruto, i could write a freaking essay over it.....kind of made me smile thinking of what itachi might have thought......i know this is just a manga, but i guess when you fall in love with wittings then its a different story.

Csdabest
June 06, 2008, 07:57 AM
How is jiraiya death not confirmed......Kishi confirmed his death in a interview.

I hope Sasuke has some sense knocked into him and he becomes a important side line character like Sakura....but dead god not as useless.

Uchiha-Itachi
June 06, 2008, 08:00 AM
I was thinking that would Naruto heard the news before the HAWK and Konoha war or in the middle of the war when Naruto get beaten up badly and the frog appear and tell Naruto that
Jiraya was dead ( i think this will causes Naruto to become more mature ) since this is the year of Sasuke, i don't think focus on Naruto so fast .

SacredNic
June 06, 2008, 08:05 AM
its pretty cool how kishi did this, i like it....look at the smiles on itachi face when speaking with naruto, i could write a freaking essay over it.....kind of made me smile thinking of what itachi might have thought......i know this is just a manga, but i guess when you fall in love with wittings then its a different story.

Yes .. I daresay that even Itachi was touched by the words of Naruto. I would never have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes :tem

bennibb
June 06, 2008, 08:05 AM
I liked this chapter to... Itachi is just showing himself to be a damn awsome ninja. Looks like he has forseen everyting to a blink. His legacy looks to be as big as Minato himself... wel wel...

What Itachi gave Naruto can be much... but Im leaning towards a Sharingan/Genjutsu defence... Even with Kb... at some point hes going to look Sasuke and maybe Madara in the eye... that cant be avoided... And with a Ms/Ems he is toast when that happends... And Since Madara questioned Sasuke not taking Itachis eyes... I dont think Sasuke has EMS. And without knowing the toll EMS does on the user... we know MS has a huge risk in fatigue body and chakra... So if Naruto overcomes Ms... he can actually win here without having to become insanly stronger. Ofc if it isnt a anti sharingan defence... then I have no ide... I dont think Naruto has any new jutus now... and I dismiss the idea of any eye power.

Since it looks like Naruto is in Konoha now... I would expect te news on Jirayia to come in the next chapters... I dont even wanna predict how the news is gonna be taken..

Last... good to see (from my point of view) that Naruto is able or atleast close to putting 2 and 2 together here.. suspecting Itachi for beeing something else, and Sasuke to beeing bad here
anyways great chapter...

Konohastar
June 06, 2008, 08:06 AM
If this is sasuke's year how much longer do u think it will b, cause if we take the "year" literally thats alot of time before we do, i think the focus on naruto will b coming in the next é weeks at least, cause its time for konoha to know that erosennin is dead:(

SacredNic
June 06, 2008, 08:10 AM
If this is sasuke's year how much longer do u think it will b, cause if we take the "year" literally thats alot of time before we do, i think the focus on naruto will b coming in the next é weeks at least, cause its time for konoha to know that erosennin is dead:(

I'd say that this chapter marks the end of one arc and the beginning of a new one.

Tronic
I absolutely love this chapter. We get to see Itachi cry and smile all in the same chapter and his smile was freakishly haunting.

Also, my favorite part had to be when Itachi said to Naruto, "There are times when a ninja must make painful choices." Sounds like he was talking about himself alittle.

It was great, Naruto was even in it. I missed him a lot, the only thing I'm wanting to see other than Itachi revelations right now is some word on Jiraiya. Hopefully Kishimoto will clear things up with that soon.. like, real soon?

Inkovic
This is all part of Itachi's master plan. Giving uber powerups to Sasuke and Naruto and knowing they'll eventually clash.

The true goal of Akatsuki this time had nothing to do with Bijuu's but just powering up Sasuke and Naruto to nuclear explosion levels.

Ingenius.

Bandreus
June 06, 2008, 08:14 AM
I'm not all that excited about Itachi giving out powers like it was lottery day.
I mean, with all the stuff going on kishi could have come out with something more interesting, its a weak plot device, imo. Just like say, after the timeskip sasuke's training with oro ended up with the uchiha way more powerfull, where Naruto's training with j-man resulted in what? odama rasengan? So the poor guy needs someone to gift him with something to help him against his beloved (overpowered) friend.

Generally speaking I'm enjoying the story so far, but I'd rather like to see the many plotlines come toghether, finally. Now we've been left guessing on Kisame's wherebouts too, like if Jirayia's death/his frogs/Pain/Kabutomaru where not enought.

patedecarne
June 06, 2008, 08:18 AM
I don't know why the people are saying this year is Sasuke's year;

Kishimoto never stated this, he said he would focus more on Sasuke, but never said anything related about "Sasuke's year";

And when he said that Naruto must wait to be developed, he didn't said when; Nothing implies that his development will come after Sakura and Kakashi, and using just a little logic here, there's no way to not develop Naruto right now seeing that Konoha's new nemesis is his best friend...

Csdabest
June 06, 2008, 08:24 AM
Because Kishi in a interview said....This year he was going to focus more on Sasuke.
Hence This being Sasuke year>_>.....Yes Some Kakashi and a sprinkle of Sakura...But yeah....
[hr]
Oh yeah....Why did Madara ask What will sasuke do with his eyes. Instead of asking are you going to transplant Itachi eyes...He made it sound like he didnt need them.....

◆ T.D.A ◆
June 06, 2008, 08:27 AM
Because Kishi in a interview said....This year he was going to focus more on Sasuke.
Hence This being Sasuke year>_>.....Yes Some Kakashi and a sprinkle of Sakura...But yeah....
<hr noshade size="1">
Oh yeah....Why did Madara ask What will sasuke do with his eyes. Instead of asking are you going to transplant Itachi eyes...He made it sound like he didnt need them.....

This doesn't prove your point, read it again and then interpret a different way.

Konohastar
June 06, 2008, 08:27 AM
heee i forgot kqkashi had one too, but i thought thqt meant the gaiden, and sakura i thought it was her fight during gaara retrieval arc. cause she was the star on that on, hehe this series keeps driving me away than brings me back in it

Naruto going to confront sasuke soon.. Someone from naruto group going to die.. I think its Neji cousin or sakura..

The next chapter should be great and to see what Naruto do....

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 08:37 AM
i want to see naruto grows up and matures too, and kishi said he will focus on this point in a way or another, and on sakura too. but to be honest i want to see the development of all the other 11 in konoha, it will be lame if it ends with 3 overpowered people who were originally in the same group and forget all about the others, specially shino, neji and shikamaru

Inkovic
June 06, 2008, 08:38 AM
Naruto going to confront sasuke soon.. Someone from naruto group going to die.. I think its Neji cousin or sakura..

The next chapter should be great and to see what Naruto do....

Sakura dying would really make this manga much better. I always felt she was the wqeakest significant character. Her dying would be similar to like Aerith in FF7.

Neru
June 06, 2008, 08:42 AM
Sakura dying would really make this manga much better. I always felt she was the wqeakest significant character. Her dying would be similar to like Aerith in FF7.

Not really. Aerith was important to the plot, she was an ancient, and worked out as an plot device and saved the planet in the end. Sakura death would be a waste. Sure, Naruto would get pissed off. But thats it.

NNGirl
June 06, 2008, 08:47 AM
Good chapter, it confirms that Itachi was't a bad guy.
I hope that the power transfer could be only used by Itachi, because it could be used as an easy way to power up characters (I don't want that in the end everybody give their power to Naruto and he could defeat the enemy).
About the power that Itachi give Naruto, it could be a message from Itachi to Sasuke , so when Naruto watch Sasuke's sharingan it trigger Tsukuyomi.
And Sasuke doesn't have EMS
I think that in the next chapter they will know about Jiraya's death, becuase it's too early for Sasuke to start an attack... and about that I think that Madara an Co. will be able to take Konoha, and Naruto and Co. must recover it

sk.nite
June 06, 2008, 08:51 AM
Seeing Itachi cry was...creepy. Not so much the fact that he was crying but the expression he had, maybe Kishi didn't know how to draw him with an actual facial expression.

Inkovic
June 06, 2008, 08:55 AM
Not really. Aerith was important to the plot, she was an ancient, and worked out as an plot device and saved the planet in the end. Sakura death would be a waste. Sure, Naruto would get pissed off. But thats it.

Pissing off the main character is classic plot progression in anime :nod

Besides Sakura has no character history. Naruto was shunned by the villagers and Sasuke was on a constant strive for power since he was 7.

Sakura is just the girl Naruto happened to have a crush on when he was 12 and assigned to the same group as Sasuke and Naruto. Now if she suddenly gained some importance then was killed off now we're getting somewhere.

Rahan
June 06, 2008, 09:00 AM
I think that in the next chapter they will know about Jiraya's death, becuase it's too early for Sasuke to start an attack... and about that I think that Madara an Co. will be able to take Konoha, and Naruto and Co. must recover it

Madara said they were ready for the attack ...

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 09:03 AM
so I guessed right that Itachi-Naruto encounter was another layer of fail-safe precautions.. Naruto won't beat Sasuke unless he gets his own hack after all..

I wonder if that scroll-frog who Jirayia told him to store himself with Naruto will jump into Naruto's mouth as well, as for Ma-frog and Pa-frog unlike Jirayia who teleported to hidden rain they have to go back to konoha on foot??! :blink at a frog's snail's pace?

also when Naruto said how he'll find a way to stop Sasuke without killing him and save konoha it showed how much he's different from Itachi who killed the entire clan to stop them without considering other options, I think Itachi was envious of Naruto will and ideals..

barril
June 06, 2008, 09:04 AM
And Sasuke doesn't have EMS

Yeah! But I was convinced that he had :)

Anyway, I don't know what Itachi transfered, what I think I know is why he said what he said: "I hope the day never comes when you have to use it". I think that he hoped that Sasuke wouldn't turn on Konoha and attack it.

Also I think we can conclude (if you haven't already) that Madara was at the very least bending the truth when he gave his speech to Sasuke http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/04/

Finally about the power transfered by Itachi - I like the idea a poster above gave (sorry forgot the name) that it could be something to control Kyubi although I find it improbable. It could be some sort of counter to Sharingan Genjutsu or some message that triggers if Naruto gets trapped in Sasukes Genjutsu.

Overall I was a bit disappointed with the chapter because I was expecting Naruto/Tsunade to receive word of J-mans death. And the fact that a n attack on Konoha takes so little time to plan.

Remedy
June 06, 2008, 09:06 AM
Sasuke is following what his father sayed him: "dont' follow your brother path". He wants to revive Uchica Clan, not to defend Konoha People.
At the moment it's difficult to understand what are his feelings for Itachi.
I think, since once upon a time he felt inferior to Itachi, he will choose a different path to show he is the best.
At the moment (to Sasuke) it's more important to revive the Uchica Clan than (Naruto's) friendship, surely he'll try to kill Naruto, to show he's stronger.
If he will kill Sakura (but i don't think it will happen this year), he will lose Naruto's friendship forever.
Naruto has to figure out a way to show to Sasuke he's wrong and Madara is a bad guy

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 09:12 AM
also it was a surprise to know that Sasuke activated his sharingan for the 1st time back then which means he activated at about the same age Itachi did.. and it seems to me that Madara is disappointed that Sasuke is refusing to take his brother's eyes and evolve his eyes to EMS, it reminds me of his stubborn refusal to obtain MS in the 1st place..

Overall I was a bit disappointed with the chapter because I was expecting Naruto/Tsunade to receive word of J-mans death. And the fact that a n attack on Konoha takes so little time to plan.

Madara planned this for a looooooong time by the way..

pops
June 06, 2008, 09:18 AM
great chapter, but what the hell happen to jiraya! i mean how long does it take for these frogs to reach konoha. i thinks its kind of strange that kishi is putting the official annoucement of J-man's death off this week. hopefully, next week chapter he can shead some light into all of this. and enough with sasuke already. i can only hope that he gets his ass handed to him or he instantenously goes blind due to karma

Omri645
June 06, 2008, 09:24 AM
hmmm... wierd.
nice chapter.
anyway, Sasuke has the eye techniques of Itachi, so how he doesn't has the eyes of itachi if we see that he has them, or at least in one eye...[ch397].
if someone has explain for this...please.
and I'm more intresting now about pein and not sasuke, I hope next time we will know something new, maybe tsunade found somthing while they were searching sasuke.

Stop
June 06, 2008, 09:26 AM
hmmm... wierd.
nice chapter.
anyway, Sasuke has the eye tecniques of Itachi, so how he doesn't has the eyes of itachi if we see that he has them, or at least in one eye...[ch397].
and I'm more intresting now about pein and not sasuke, I hope next time we will know something new, maybe tsunade already found somthing while they were searching sasuke.

I don't think sasuke has the techs I think it was just one time thing like um those scrolls in games that give you a skill for one time use.

Rinnegan
June 06, 2008, 09:31 AM
also when Naruto said how he'll find a way to stop Sasuke without killing him and save konoha it showed how much he's different from Itachi who killed the entire clan to stop them without considering other options, I think Itachi was envious of Naruto will and ideals..

Rather than envy, I think it was admiration.
I like to imagine that Itachi looked up to Yondaime, and wanted to be like him. Because Yondaime had a pure and sheer love for his town and had the will to sacrifice even his life to protect it. This inspired Itachi, and became the first stepping stone of everything he would stand for later.
So by seeing Naruto growing up, to match his fathers exact ideals, pleased Itachi to no extent. And this is also why Itachi gave Naruto a gift. To protect Yondaime's legacy further, so that EVERYONE in the town of Konoha can look at Naruto and be proud of him, no matter if he has a giant demonic fox in his belly or not.

...or it could be something boring. :p

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 09:38 AM
hmmm... wierd.
nice chapter.
anyway, Sasuke has the eye techniques of Itachi, so how he doesn't has the eyes of itachi if we see that he has them, or at least in one eye...[ch397].
and I'm more intresting now about pein and not sasuke, I hope next time we will know something new, maybe tsunade found somthing while they were searching sasuke.

he doesn't have them in physical form (i.e. : they weren't physically implanted into his eyes, Itachi used some of his godly skills to shove those techniques into his brother's eyeballs)

TeamKonohamaru
I think that itachi meant that he hope sasuke and naruto not meet in battle. As for the power I think itachi probably gave him knowledge of multi shadow clone jutsu. in the last chapter and thoughout the series itachi has shown that he is skilled in that area. also we have seen that shadow clones are actually strong defense against the sharingan and finally it is naruto number one technique yet he hasn't done much to master it yet. I think this fit more than for him to have a move that he can only use against sasuke

nat

Me too, I was convinced that he had it.
His eyes' pattern might mean that his is more powerful than normal MS.Oh well...

The chapter itself, explained a few things but I didn't like it that much....I want more, at least last week's chapter left us with "wtf?!", this one is a bit stale.....

"United front", they mean Konoha's ANBU and ROOT or the rest of the villages?? Though it is impossible to send messaged in a small time, and according to Madara everything is set, prolly they'll get moving very soon...

Have fun preparing Konoha, Coz Sasuke and Madara wanna play a game with you:p

@ Rinnegan...too much pink :p ....

Remedy
June 06, 2008, 09:40 AM
Yes, it's admiration, not envy.
I'd like to know if Itachi knew Yondaime or ever talked with him.
How old was Itachi at Yondaime's death? Four years old?

Rinnegan
June 06, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yes, it's admiration, not envy.
I'd like to know if Itachi knew Yondaime or ever talked with him.
How old was Itachi at Yondaime's death? Four years old?

At his death, Itachi was around 21-22 years old. And since Naruto is about 16 now, we can safely assume Itachi was around 5-6 years old when Yondaime died.

gold349
I'm really surprised that the frogs are taking the bloody time, Naruto and company are back in the village and Jirayia's death is still not announced.

For me once Saske attacks Konoha, he should be dealt and seen the same as Oro was, it would also mean for me that he has crossed that line and doesn't deserve to be saved from himself and others. Naruto should wake up and not act childish and be mature about things now, it was cool at first, Naruto being thick headed and being a prankster and acting childish but the manga has moved on since then and everyone around him are getting mature and he is staying a child, just doesn't seem right now for some reason it looks to queer and gay, yes there is love for a friend but its being played out for too long and that kind off sentiment is getting boring, he should act more like an adult now think like one too and get his priority's and think about his long term goal of being hokage and train for that instead of crying for Saske all the time, I mean he's sleeping on his bed thinking about the guy? come on Kishi wake him up and lets move Naruto on, from this obsession for Sasgay.

eyesotope
Me too, I was convinced that he had it.
His eyes' pattern might mean that his is more powerful than normal MS.Oh well...

maybe thats why Madara kept saying how Sasuke's eyes will surpass Itachi's..

as for konoha I think they will deserve what ever calamity will befall them next as they practically controlled Sasuke's life alongside Itachi (you lack hatred!) and turned him to revenge junkie..

Shinsatsu
June 06, 2008, 09:51 AM
The last words in the chapter were really weird. "When konoha recieves word of the attack..." I think that Tsunade knew about Jiraya and she didn't tell Naruto or the others about it.
Because the question Kishi wrote says nothing about Jiraya... Maybe the two frogs didn't arrive yet.

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 10:01 AM
yeah, looks like those frikkin' frogs are walking back from rain to konoha.. it's not like the fate of the world depends on what they know.. oh wait it does :notrust

jfdrummer430
June 06, 2008, 10:04 AM
Anyone happen to remember what chapter has that image of Itachi with the headband to the side? I thought it was awesome that Kishimoto showed where that came from instead of leaving it as an old design, but I can't find where that actually was in the manga.

FishCake
June 06, 2008, 10:10 AM
Didn't Jiraya teleport the frog or...something? It went 'poof' right? It's strange we haven't heard anything about it yet, maybe Tsunade knows but doesn't want to tell Naruto for whatever reason. Or they haven't seen her since they got back, since we haven't seen her either we can't be sure.

In any case, I'm sure kishi will justify this somehow. I have faith in his bs-ing skills (for the most part...)

nat
June 06, 2008, 10:10 AM
maybe thats why Madara kept saying how Sasuke's eyes will surpass Itachi's..

as for konoha I think they will deserve what ever calamity will befall them next as they practically controlled Sasuke's life alongside Itachi (you lack hatred!) and turned him to revenge junkie..

You know, I agree with you on the Konoha thing but I didn't want to write it (because I don't want to be flamed:D).

Not for the same reasons maybe, but for the fact that they are haughty idiots (the bosses,well Tsunade is not but she is not the only leader, we have other 3 morons) and the little ones are so protected. Neji/Hinata/Lee/etc, All the suffering they showed us is nothing comapred to Haku or Gaara or Even Sasuke....Naruto is a special case, he is too cool for Konoha...

Bottom line is I forgot what I was trying to say because I was really choosing my words carefully....(again with the flames)..

Whatever happens, it should be interesting to see how the "will of fire" would manage against Amaterasu, they should change to will of water...
I guitlity admit that I sympathize with Madara....Down with Konoha....

another stupid Idea, Konoha is highly related to Fire. It takes the name from the leaves of the forest, hence the Senju...Leaves control the fire (in their world) , so symbolically the Uchihas were always destined to be The Senjus' (Konoha's) dogs..(what was it that Sandaime said about that? hmmmm can't remember, but I think it was along that meaning. If not, it doesn't matter).
Sasuke broke the chain when he left. Good boy.

avantasian
June 06, 2008, 10:17 AM
Did anybody noticed that Sasuke activates his 1 tomoe sharingan at page 11! http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/11/

Thats the first time he activates his sharingan and not at the Hidden Village of Mist arc fighting Haku.

bean
June 06, 2008, 10:18 AM
I dunno if this has been asked yet, but what the hell is sasuke sitting on? and where the fuck are they?

Agrias
June 06, 2008, 10:19 AM
Anyone happen to remember what chapter has that image of Itachi with the headband to the side? I thought it was awesome that Kishimoto showed where that came from instead of leaving it as an old design, but I can't find where that actually was in the manga.

There's a funny thing about that spoiler pic with Itachi wearing the hitaiate covering his head and turned to the side...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/49/Nar-6-4-09/

This was the 1st time Itachi had been shown on the manga...I had always thought that Kishimoto was unsatisfied with this early Itachi design concept and decided to change it later, as we've never got to see him like that again.

Now he brought the concept back, after hundreds of chapters :p
It was at the spoilers discussion thread, just bringing it here :)

avantasian
June 06, 2008, 10:22 AM
I dunno if this has been asked yet, but what the hell is sasuke sitting on? and where the fuck are they?

It looks a bit like Susanoo...:/ http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/391/17/

bean
June 06, 2008, 10:23 AM
I think he brought that early concept back just to cover his ass...he kinda crowbarred it in...but touche kishi, nice way to cover your ass...it worked...but if he had it planned out since the beginning...I can't believe that.
[hr]

It looks a bit like Susanoo...:/ http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/391/17/

at first I thought it was the bones of the sanbi...

avantasian
June 06, 2008, 10:25 AM
I think he brought that early concept back just to cover his ass...he kinda crowbarred it in...but touche kishi, nice way to cover your ass...it worked...bnt if he had it planned out since the beginning...I can't believe that.
<hr noshade size="1">

at first I thought it was the bones of the sanbi...

Yeap, sounds more plausible!

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 10:25 AM
You know, I agree with you on the Konoha thing but I didn't want to write it (because I don't want to be flamed:D).

Not for the same reasons maybe, but for the fact that they are haughty idiots (the bosses,well Tsunade is not but she is not the only leader, we have other 3 morons) and the little ones are so protected. Neji/Hinata/Lee/etc, All the suffering they showed us is nothing comapred to Haku or Gaara or Even Sasuke....Naruto is a special case, he is too cool for Konoha...

Bottom line is I forgot what I was trying to say because I was really choosing my words carefully....(again with the flames)..

Whatever happens, it should be interesting to see how the "will of fire" would manage against Amaterasu, they should change to will of water...
I guitlity admit that I sympathize with Madara....Down with Konoha....

:D well two against the flames are better than one, haha..

the attack Madara and Sasuke are going to carry out is konoha reaping what it sowed.. they mismanaged the whole Uchiha situation disastrously after the (fake) death of Madara, then used Itachi as a scapegoat to cover their mistakes and screw-ups, now it's coming back to bite/haunt them..

yeah! down with them! :D

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 10:31 AM
:D well two against the flames are better than one, haha..

the attack Madara and Sasuke are going to carry out is konoha reaping what it sowed.. they mismanaged the whole Uchiha situation disastrously after the (fake) death of Madara, then used Itachi as a scapegoat to cover their mistakes and screw-ups, now it's coming back to bite haunt them..

yeah! down with them! :D

no it was the fault of the elders n donzo

no one else knows the truth

konoha people are dieing for no reason that way

allendsup23
June 06, 2008, 10:32 AM
yeah, looks like those frikkin' frogs are walking back from rain to konoha.. it's not like the fate of the world depends on what they know.. oh wait it does :notrust
Wasn't Pa frog going to head sage and not to Konoha......I remember Jiraiya said he needs to inform head sage about this and then he wrote that encoded message on Pa frog...I thought that message was for head sage...

warps
June 06, 2008, 10:35 AM
great! thank you!

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 10:36 AM
no it was the fault of the elders n donzo

no one else knows the truth

konoha people are dieing for no reason that way

ignorant sheep of the evil shepherd are fair game..

nani
June 06, 2008, 10:37 AM
What if Sasuke is just saying those words to be with Madara like Itachi, because he knows that he is Akatsuki's leader, collecting bijou and up to something big? To reveal it and kill him as well?

It's complete fucked up story if he plans to destroy Konoha just because elders wanted to destroy Uchiha clan. And now NOT MADARA? After all, he is the one who literally destroyed them.

shikaruto
June 06, 2008, 10:38 AM
what if itachi implanted some of himself into naruto when he sent the crow down his throat. Kind of on similar lines to Orchimaru trying to take over Sasuke? Where when Orochimaru failed to achieve his take over he kinda of just stayed in sasukes body. I was even thinking of strechting his as far as saying that why itachi was so weak before his fight with sasuke. I just thought it would be an interesting twist, Itachi being able to be the brother he wanted to be to Sasuke through Naruto

tiberiuscg
June 06, 2008, 10:42 AM
"my ninja way"
both sasuke and naruto says it a lot of times in whole manga[in this chapter BOTH said]
that's some kind of clue

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 10:44 AM
ignorant sheep of the evil shepherd are fair game..

that makes no sense

thats like killing a murders brother because the murder killed your family when the murders brother had no clue

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 10:45 AM
What if Sasuke is just saying those words to be with Madara like Itachi, because he knows that he is Akatsuki's leader, collecting bijou and up to something big? To reveal it and kill him as well?

It's complete fucked up story if he plans to destroy Konoha just because elders wanted to destroy Uchiha clan. And now NOT MADARA? After all, he is the one who literally destroyed them.

Sasuke doesn't know squat about akatsuki collecting bijuus or whatever, he just knows they target people with special chakra..

as for Madara, I think it's inevitable that he and Sasuke willl eventually (sort out) their differences once they deal with their mutual enemy which is konoha right now..

that makes no sense

thats like killing a murders brother because the murder killed your family when the murders brother had no clue

even if their attack targets only the three old geezers responsible for this you can bet other konoha shinobi (like anbu or other jounins/chuunins) will get in their way and attempt to stop them which makes them ignorant sheep.. and fair game

SennenGoroshi
June 06, 2008, 10:49 AM
I wonder if Itachi planted a jutsu into Naruto when they met in the woods in case Madara spoke with Sasuke and if Amaterasu failed. One that would activate when Naruto set eyes on Sasuke or some other catalyst.

Yay ;D one prediction proved true!

This chapter was awesome and we're finally getting back to NARUTO ;O!

nat
June 06, 2008, 10:50 AM
that makes no sense

The point is to say that Konoha had too much time to ruin other's lives, whether elders or Danzou.
In the invasion against Oro, we didn't see civilians die, if they did no one gave a damn. Now Konoha gets informed before it's too late (next chapter's name), and they have time to evacuate.

The criminals (whoever they are) have to die for what they did to Itachi......Plain and simple...

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 10:51 AM
Sasuke doesn't know squat about akatsuki collecting bijuus or whatever, he just knows they target people with special chakra..

as for Madara, I think it's inevitable that he and Sasuke willl eventually (sort out) their differences once they deal with their mutual enemy which is konoha right now..

even if their attack targets only the three old geezers responsible for this you can bet other konoha shinobi (like anbu or other jounins/chuunins) will get in their way and attempt to stop them which makes them ignorant sheep.. and fair game

but sasukes target isn't them its to crush all of konoha

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 10:51 AM
what if itachi implanted some of himself into naruto when he sent the crow down his throat. Kind of on similar lines to Orchimaru trying to take over Sasuke? Where when Orochimaru failed to achieve his take over he kinda of just stayed in sasukes body. I was even thinking of strechting his as far as saying that why itachi was so weak before his fight with sasuke. I just thought it would be an interesting twist, Itachi being able to be the brother he wanted to be to Sasuke through Naruto

nice idea. and if sasuke was able to hear oro and talk with him while he was inside his body(as we see in the sas/ita fight), then perhaps itachi can chat with naruto too, right?:p

chess4
June 06, 2008, 10:53 AM

Anyway, I don't know what Itachi transfered, what I think I know is why he said what he said: "I hope the day never comes when you have to use it". I think that he hoped that Sasuke wouldn't turn on Konoha and attack it.

Also I think we can conclude (if you haven't already) that Madara was at the very least bending the truth when he gave his speech to Sasuke http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/04/

Finally about the power transfered by Itachi - I like the idea a poster above gave (sorry forgot the name) that it could be something to control Kyubi although I find it improbable. It could be some sort of counter to Sharingan Genjutsu or some message that triggers if Naruto gets trapped in Sasukes Genjutsu.

i agree with all of this except the last paragraph. I think the next chapter eill be called UNITED FRONT because the leaf is about to be attacked.

I think pein will show up in the leaf villiage to get naruto and the leaf shinobi starting and all out brawl. all along i thought akatsuki and ROOT were working hand and hand , so maybe pein showing up causing chaos will give danzou time to attack tsuande and take over position as hokage. ma and pa should already be in the village and have said something to tsuande. the key frog is taking his time but he will appear before naruto eventually telling him he is the son of the fourth and about j man. the leaf will be taken over by root and danzou. the frogs will take naruto to frog mountain cause akatsuki difinitely want attack toad mountain, so naruto will be safe. whatever is about to happen in the leaf in the next few chapters i think will be big, prompting another time skip because pein is a powerhouse and naruto is nowhere near ready for him. plus if itachi fought sasuke at half strength, sick, and was still taking it easy and sasuke couldn't beat him still then he has a long way before he (i think) fight madara at full strength. plus some other character must be developed and being a little older would help. example: konohamaru will be a major player in the chapter later on and he and his team will be an asset to the leaf.

i would love to see him and enma side by side in battle(who will eventually be his summoning). konohamaru has a long way to go so a time skip is in order.

as much as i hate to say it one of the konoha 11, if the leaf is raided, will DIE

RUNDOWN.......
naruto and sakura are to important so they are safe, sai will be safe because it has to be shown what he will do when finds out ROOTS true purpose. Shikamaru is the leafs greatest mind and right know one of its strongest ninjas(he killed an akatsuki member alone). chouji and ino i am nt so sure. if kiba is killed akamaru will have to die as well, and i dont think kishi will kill two characters at once. shino might be in trouble. Hinata is safe because she hasnt revealed to naruto how she feels and i think naruto will eventually be with her(because sasuke will be with sakura, i think anyway). the byayugan is one of the leafs greatest weapons and hinata being from main branch will be the one to show its full potential. i think guy by using the eighth gate, so lee will live. tenten is sweet on lee so i think she will survive( kind of a weak reason but hey) and neji is the tricky one. i think he will die protecting hinata and in a strange way embrace what the branch family was intended to do. kakashi, yamato, and shizune will be cool because the the oldest main ninjas and someone has the lead everyone else out of konoha when its raided.

i maybe totally wrong but that what i think.....YEEEEEEEEEEAH

Coup
June 06, 2008, 10:54 AM
It will be quite interesting to see how Naruto will utilize to bring Sasuke back without 'hurting' him.

I didn't know you could plan out an attack on Konoha so quickly... It took Akatsuki at least two years gathering those bijuu's. It's quite the jump, hope Kishi pulls it off well. So far I'm not convinced.

For the next issue to be titled 'united front', I still think it will more likely be on Sasuke & Co.
-_-;

gold349
June 06, 2008, 10:54 AM

It said he gave him some power, not some of himself or part of himself. Itachi is dead and just the thought of Itachi being around in terms of being part of Naruto would be lame, Oro, Kabuto and Saske using that story twist was ok, if it continued that people can become part of people and see the world through somebody else it would be lame.

bean
June 06, 2008, 10:56 AM
that makes no sense

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=894880&postcount=44672
it's kinda irrational, but not really...it's a misguided kind of way of thinking, but you could argue that it's justified...and the fact that itachi assumed sasuke might do it justifies it even more...sasuke is targeting the elders, but he's lumping them in with all of konoha. If you found out that all of your family, every single one, was killed just so that your community would have peace, you would hate your community too, even if they weren't all responsible for it. Itachi died hoping to make sasuke a hero...I think sasuke is going to go back to konoha and try to reinstate itachi as a true konoha patriot and the hero he should have been...and then try to destroy konoha for criminalizing him.

Baron Hugenstein
June 06, 2008, 10:59 AM

I dont think Sasuke is that stupid to go and destroy all of Konoha just because the Elders + Danzou gave out the order to kill the Uchiha.

If he is going to revive the clan his "way", either he will do in another village or he will take out the ruling figures of Konoha and then revive the clan.
--------------------------------
Just a random thought but as for the crow, couldnt itachi have given Naruto some water Jutsus.
since Itachi said " I've given you some of my power", i doubt it is Chakra because Naruto has kyuubi.
i know it sounds riduculus, but i think Itachi can do it, since he transfered some of his Jutsu to Sasuke., he could find a way to give some to Naurto.

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 11:01 AM

as I said even if they were his only targets he will have to crush a very good portion of it a long the way..

mind you I don't want konoha to be totally crushed.. but I won't mind seeing that portion utterly destroyed ;)

poobert
June 06, 2008, 11:03 AM
Hmmm Sasuke's eyes seem a bit elaborate, I was sure it was EMS, but maybe not.

I wonder what will happen to the 3 legendary weapons. The two swords and the mirror shield. Sasuke seems to have his normal sword so I guess he just left Oro's sword..... Kind of a waste if you ask me.

*edit* The thing that sasuke is sitting on at the end looks abit like a giant skeleton. Could it be part of the plan to invade konoha?

nat
June 06, 2008, 11:04 AM
as much as i hate to say it one of the konoha 11, if the leaf is raided, will DIE

RUNDOWN.......
naruto and sakura are to important so they are safe, sai will be safe because it has to be shown what he will do when finds out ROOTS true purpose. Shikamaru is the leafs greatest mind and right know one of its strongest ninjas(he killed an akatsuki member alone). chouji and ino i am nt so sure. if kiba is killed akamaru will have to die as well, and i dont think kishi will kill two characters at once. shino might be in trouble. Hinata is safe because she hasnt revealed to naruto how she feels and i think naruto will eventually be with her(because sasuke will be with sakura, i think anyway). the byayugan is one of the leafs greatest weapons and hinata being from main branch will be the one to show its full potential. i think guy by using the eighth gate, so lee will live. tenten is sweet on lee so i think she will survive( kind of a weak reason but hey) and neji is the tricky one. i think he will die protecting hinata and in a strange way embrace what the branch family was intended to do. kakashi, yamato, and shizune will be cool because the the oldest main ninjas and someone has the lead everyone else out of konoha when its raided.

i maybe totally wrong but that what i think.....YEEEEEEEEEEAH

Excuse my insolence, But are you writing a fanfiction?

The only people to die, are either old geezers (Please not Tsunade :(, even if plotwise she has to)...Danzou, I see his death like Oro coming back. (which is 90%)
Poor Gai, he has to do something than show brute force and stupidity before dying....Or Secondary characters, Anbu and so on (think Hayate). I hope it's not Genma he was cool.

chess4
June 06, 2008, 11:11 AM
i think the reason the attack on konoha is happening so fast is because madara had it in the works when he sent pein after naruto. he also knew sasuke would come to him and believe his story, so now everything is neatly in place. the leaf is in a lot of trouble and kishi always foreshadows things before it happens. when itachi said "what if sasuke attacks konoha what would you do." i think it is about to happen sooner than later. cant wait to see who survives and what happens, but i know one thing tsuande will not survive this one, bur she will go down swinging especially after hearing abiyt her best friend j man
[hr]

Excuse my insolence, But are you writing a fanfiction?

The only people to die, are either old geezers (Please not Tsunade :(, even if plotwise she has to)...Danzou, I see his death like Oro coming back. (which is 90%)
Poor Gai, he has to do something than show brute force and stupidity before dying....Or Secondary characters, Anbu and so on (think Hayate). I hope it's not Genma he was cool.

i guess i got a little carried away, but tsuade is a goner, jaraiya is dead and so is orichmaru(the real one anyway), so i think she is about to follow. and lets face it tenten, ino, and shino are not that important, and its highly likely all of them will survive. ok i'll give you the two elders dying, but for them to be the third hokage's teammates they want go down easily despite their age.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 11:12 AM
I dont think Sasuke is that stupid to go and destroy all of Konoha just because the Elders + Danzou gave out the order to kill the Uchiha.

If he is going to revive the clan his "way", either he will do in another village or he will take out the ruling figures of Konoha and then revive the clan.

yes. if he kills anybody in konoha he'll be a missing nin in that bingo book forever and this time for real. so to revive the clan his "way" will mean as you said to do it somewhere else, and i think it's save to say that he wont be satisfied with that, or to be strong enough to be the ruler ( or the damn hokage) which will be ridiculous in my opinion. he can always revenge as much as he like but he should give up the reviving thing

OPNpwnz
June 06, 2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone think Sasuke is gonna become a man-whore to revive the clan? jk =P
1. I think Naruto has Tsukyomi, while Sasuke had Amaterasu
2. Sasuke will probably attack Konoha by killing Tsunade and the elders stealthily, thus crushing the will of Konoha but not actually destroying the village itself. Tho if Madara is gonna help, then maybe and actual crushing.
and a little rant here.
WFT? Naruto is home and he knows nothing of Jiraiya? AND WE DONT SEE TSUNADE AT ALL? GODDAMN IT KISHI.

Disastorm
June 06, 2008, 11:15 AM
What if Itachi put a literal part of himself in Naruto. So if Sasuke engages in Genjutsu with Naruto, Itachi might be in there as well and Sasuke will be like WTF?

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 11:16 AM
Just a random thought but as for the crow, couldnt itachi have given Naruto some water Jutsus.
since Itachi said " I've given you some of my power", i doubt it is Chakra because Naruto has kyuubi.
i know it sounds riduculus, but i think Itachi can do it, since he transfered some of his Jutsu to Sasuke., he could find a way to give some to Naurto.

i don't remember that itachi possesses such water power or jutsue in the first place to transfer it to naruto

Baron Hugenstein
June 06, 2008, 11:20 AM
i don't remember that itachi possesses such water power or jutsue in the first place to transfer it to naruto

He used two of them when he fought Kakashi for the first time.
One of them was to make the clone explode (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/142/11/), the other the leg crushing one (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/142/08/).

chess4
June 06, 2008, 11:21 AM
i think sasuke will eventually come to his senses(a long way down the road). think about what he said "i will revive the clan my way" maybe he has something for old one eye. I think naruto will succeed where the first and jaraiya both failed, in the terms saving a dear friend hopefully

bean
hopefully he gave him the power of better chakra control...no kb rasengans anymore...new elements...wishful thinking though...

ammaaranime
"when konoha receives word of the attack...what will naruto do!??"

kishi's words here are tricky...i'm guessin we'll diverge a bit from the sasuke story line and move back to jiraiya dying and his frog buddy finding naruto...

so to recap...naruto received some power from itachi, he'll receive the key to the seal from jiraiya's frog...and he still has to complete his rasen-shuriken...and all in all...i think we're nearing the end of naruto...i give it 150 - 200 more chapters tops...just cuz it might get too iffy if it goes on for too long, but u never kno.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 11:22 AM
He used two of them when he fought Kakashi for the first time.
One of them was to make the clone explode, the other the leg crushing one.

really? i have to re-read it. do you remember what chapter was that?

Baron Hugenstein
June 06, 2008, 11:23 AM
really? i have to re-read it. do you remember what chapter was that?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/142/01/

moshie69
June 06, 2008, 11:24 AM
Itachi hopes his gift never have to be used, which implies that the situation it's going to be used in is a very dangerous one.
So I got to thinking, since Itachi has the power to implant a temporarily Ameratsu jutsu inside Sasukes eye by just poking his forehead, what could he do with an entire crow inside someones body?
I mean, this could have an immense potential power of some sort.

So by thinking of what Naruto could get himself in, and something that Itachi doesn't want to happen, I've come to the conclusion that Itachi's gift could be a whole Mangekyou for Naruto. (No, I'm not talking about Naruto using Ameratsu or Tsukiyomi or whatever else this godmode eye can do) But the other effect we know this eye does; Controlling the Kyuubi.
We know from many earlier encounters that Naruto can release quite a pack of emotional power that awakes the Kyuubi chakra and thus making him go nuts. What if Itachi's gift can respond to any major (I'm talking about 6-9 tails) Kyuubi chakra leaking out, and then giving Naruto the Mangekyou force to take aboslute control over the beast. He'll become the most powerful creature in the world for the jutsus duration.

If this was the case, I too would not have any hopes up for the event to occur. Where there could be utter destruction, the gift would calm things down and Naruto then have the control to not kill any of his allies.

*shrugs*

That is exactly what i have been thinking down to the tee. I am almost one hundred percent sure that this is where Kishi is going to go.

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 11:26 AM
Anyone think Sasuke is gonna become a man-whore to revive the clan? jk =P
1. I think Naruto has Tsukyomi, while Sasuke had Amaterasu
2. Sasuke will probably attack Konoha by killing Tsunade and the elders stealthily, thus crushing the will of Konoha but not actually destroying the village itself. Tho if Madara is gonna help, then maybe and actual crushing.
and a little rant here.
WFT? Naruto is home and he knows nothing of Jiraiya? AND WE DONT SEE TSUNADE AT ALL? GODDAMN IT KISHI.

well either his uchia blood is the most potent of them all as all the decendants would become weak

or

his uchia children are going to be badly inbread

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 11:27 AM

forget about tsunade, WHERE THE HELL IS KISAME? AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIM?

bean
June 06, 2008, 11:30 AM
forget about tsunade, WHERE THE HELL IS KISAME? AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIM?

He's swimming with the fishes, SEEEEEE!!!

OPNpwnz
June 06, 2008, 11:35 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/142/01/

Umm, if we havent noticed, he has a sharingan, he is paired with Kisame a hidden mist swordsman who uses many water jutsus.
The sharingan can copy other peoples moves, hasn't anyone seen Kakashi or Sasuke for that matter. Im pretty sure that Itachi probably just copied some of the moves he had seen Kisame do earlier. All he has to do is copy the seals, provide enough chakra and voila, any move he wants. He isnt naturally a water type or has water types.
He is a fire type as most uchihas are (Remember Sasuke's flahbacks?). Fire and water dont mix. Although he probably did copy some moves. So sorry, Naruto DID NOT, get any water moves. Its probably Tsukiyomi.
[hr]

well either his uchia blood is the most potent of them all as all the decendants would become weak

or

probably the latter =D

Paradoxicon
June 06, 2008, 11:39 AM
If united fronts means Hawk and Akatsuki are about to ally then Konoha needs Gaara and his pack. Hooray!

So Sasuke doesn't have EMS, but what the hell was with his eyes then...

And as the last fertile Uchiha wanting to revive the Clan his own way, there's some serious hentai coming up :D

Baron Hugenstein
June 06, 2008, 11:40 AM
Umm, if we havent noticed, he has a sharingan, he is paired with Kisame a hidden mist swordsman who uses many water jutsus.
The sharingan can copy other peoples moves, hasn't anyone seen Kakashi or Sasuke for that matter. Im pretty sure that Itachi probably just copied some of the moves he had seen Kisame do earlier. All he has to do is copy the seals, provide enough chakra and voila, any move he wants. He isnt naturally a water type or has water types.
He is a fire type as most uchihas are (Remember Sasuke's flahbacks?). Fire and water dont mix. Although he probably did copy some moves. So sorry, Naruto DID NOT, get any water moves. Its probably Tsukiyomi.
<hr noshade size="1">

probably the latter =D

true, he might have copied them, it also has to do with affinites too.
If sasuke can do fire and lighting, then Itachi has to have another affinity besides fire. and what we have seen so far, it is water.
I know fire and water dont mix, but affinitis are chosen by Ninja, they are born with them no matter what they think of them.

Naruto isnt the type for genjutsu, as was his teacher Jiraiya, i doubt it is Tsukiyomi.

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 11:42 AM
If united fronts means Hawk and Akatsuki are about to ally then Konoha needs Gaara and his pack. Hooray!

So Sasuke doesn't have EMS, but what the hell was with his eyes then...

And as the last fertile Uchiha wanting to revive the Clan his own way, there's some serious hentai coming up :D

hes already got 3 wives planned

ino
sakura
kirin and shes overally reading to start trying for children with sasuke

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 11:43 AM
He's swimming with the fishes, SEEEEEE!!!

LOL!! :loool:lmao that was so funny!!:D

TheChosenOne
June 06, 2008, 11:44 AM
Just read the chapter, interesting, finally we know what was the objective of the meeting between Naruto and Itachi. Still wondering what power did he give him, MS technique, Sharingan counter or a special jutsu. Well must be something that gives him an edge in killing Sasuke since he hope Naruto never uses it. I wonder when Jiraiya's death will come into the story, and where the hell is the frog scroll, is he still running through the forest. What happened to Ma and Pa, did they break their hip or something. :)

Paradoxicon
June 06, 2008, 11:49 AM
hes already got 3 wives planned

ino
sakura
kirin and shes overally reading to start trying for children with sasuke

Itachi didn't just implemented Amaterasu into Sasuke, he also made him impotent with his poke. Chapter 467: Itachi's master plan revealed!

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 11:50 AM
after reading this chapter am I the only one that got the feeling that I missed a chapter or two?

I know it would of been really boring to see Naruto and co. walking back to Konoha... but just having him randomly appear laying on his bed makes me feel like I'm out of the loop.

Plus we still have so many questions that haven't been answered yet.. frogs, Jiraiyas death notification, Kisame and more importantly, did they just leave Amaterasu burning or did one of them find a way to put it out? leaving fires unattended it very, very bad....

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 11:53 AM
Itachi didn't just implemented Amaterasu into Sasuke, he also made him impotent with his poke. Chapter 467: Itachi's master plan revealed!

i think sasuke will learn the real reason of kage bunshin with his 3 wives

OPNpwnz
June 06, 2008, 11:53 AM
XD...But I think Karin's already raped him, so she may be pregnant already b4 he was impotent

DarkManSharingan32
June 06, 2008, 12:02 PM
Insanity
---

What a good chapter.
You mean to tell me that at such a young age, Sasuke fought BACK against his brother AND awakened his Sharingan?

O.O
---

And the talk between Naruto and Itachi is pure genius.
Itachi asks Naruto:

Can you do what I couldn't do?

The answer is, "No".... And then Itachi smiles.
Kishi is amazing.
---

And as for the whole jutsu transfer thing.
Itachi has definitely shown the foresight and planning far surpassing what I ever imagined.

People who doubt his KAGE level abilities at this point... may be in a bit of denial.

And initially, I have to say, "Control of Kyuubi" aspects is a pretty good assumption for what was transfered...
---

And for a final note:
Sasuke really is asking for it... and what Neji said all those chapters is still true now.

Even when LIGHT is right before his hands, Sasuke STILL chooses darkness.

Maybe the day will come when he finally takes his brothers eyes, and makes the right change.
---

Well, I guess it doesn't matter...
Naruto is on the case.

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 12:03 PM
Just read the chapter, interesting, finally we know what was the objective of the meeting between Naruto and Itachi. Still wondering what power did he give him, MS technique, Sharingan counter or a special jutsu. Well must be something that gives him an edge in killing Sasuke since he hope Naruto never uses it. I wonder when Jiraiya's death will come into the story, and where the hell is the frog scroll, is he still running through the forest. What happened to Ma and Pa, did they break their hip or something. :)

I think he says that because he is still hoping that Sasuke won't find out the truth about the Uchiha massacre..

patedecarne
June 06, 2008, 12:05 PM
I've come to realize that Sasuke will never succeed in his task: Itachi already predicted his actions, and I'm sure the countermeasures will counter completely Sasuke...

and to tell the truth, now Sasuke isn't really a threat to Konoha, because, in a sense, he'll fight against his brother, the strategy his brother created;

And so far we know, his strategies were perfect...

Alex_1
June 06, 2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome, Itachi Uchiha! The newest congregation member to the 'Church of Naruto'! :D :D

This chapter was better than I thought it would be. Remember when Madara mentioned Itachi's 'fail-safe', preventing a meeting between Madara and Sasuke? Madara manipulation #1 has already been exposed. Madara said that Itachi's amaterasu in Sasuke was supposed to keep the two from meeting and learning the truth about Itachi. Madara knew that this would push the 'avenger' type, Sasuke, into seeking revenge against Konoha. As soon as Sasuke agreed to hear him out, he had him. Ergo Madara's rather sinister chuckle...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/398/16/

As Kakashi said to Jiraiya after Naruto's first skirmish with Sasuke, Itachi led Sasuke to live a dark life. And Itachi would know better about what path Sasuke was on since he put him on it, with the desire that Sasuke would be the one to ultimately kill him.

Itachi also knew that Madara wasn't trust-worthy. Madara would probably jump at the first opportunity he had to realistically attack Konoha again and get his own vengeance. But it's for more than that - he's still manipulating Sasuke into doing things to fulfill what is ultimately Madara's own objectives and goals. In the event that the meeting still managed to happen, and the inevitable new vengeance would be declared, Itachi needed another option to protect the village, even if it was the brother he couldn't get himself to kill/protect from Madara as he knew he was walking on borrowed time. Enter Naruto.

DarkManSharingan32
June 06, 2008, 12:08 PM
I've come to realize that Sasuke will never succeed in his task: Itachi already predicted his actions, and I'm sure the countermeasures will counter completely Sasuke...

and to tell the truth, now Sasuke isn't really a threat to Konoha, because, in a sense, he'll fight against his brother, the strategy his brother created;

Oh... Naruto is probably going to be captured by Pein.
And who knows what damage Sasuke and the others will do before the eventual Naruto/Sasuke showdown.

Still a bit too early to say.

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 12:11 PM

yeah Itachi definitely accounted for every move Sasuke could take, but as Madara said: I was more on to Itachi than he was on to me.

it's still possible that an unknown factor will derail someone's plan..

Baron Hugenstein
June 06, 2008, 12:12 PM
XD...But I think Karin's already raped him, so she may be pregnant already b4 he was impotent
XD i think that a given:darn

the way is see the new Uchiha clan, rainbow colored Uchiha....
there will be blond Uchiha, pink-haired Uchiha, blue Uchiha and black-haired Uchiha. :darn

nat
June 06, 2008, 12:14 PM

or

probably the latter =D

Blasphemy! how dare you say wonder-Sasuke has weak blood and will reproduce badly inbred kids....................Hasn't Kishimoto taught us that Sasuke can do anything and everything, tsk,tsk..

He'll name his Kids Itachi, Sasuke,Sasuke I, sasuke II, Sasuke III, Satsuki (she's a girl),etc...

Welcome, Itachi Uchiha! The newest congregation member to the 'Church of Naruto'! :D :D

So I was right, this is a cult, hmmmm.
I always used to say that this is like a religion with many types of worshippers, the common people Aka Youtube people, the higher ones (But not so much), NF and other comunities. The theologists and historians, people at MH, and lastly the Clergy: Administrators and Mangahelpers (such as yourself :D)...

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Umbra Wolf
June 06, 2008, 12:16 PM

That's what Naruto became in my opinion: a patch with infinite holes.

This chapter again makes no sense IMO.

What happens to Team Kakashi and Co. after their encounter with Tobi? Are the frogs still not near Tsunade? Where's Pain? Has Naruto MS? Why is he at home? Why don't Sasuke want to implant Itachi's eyes and gain EMS and maintain the ability to see?

btw: Does this page (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/11/) mean to point out that Sasuke got Sharigan at the night of the massacre or is it just poorly drawn?

bean
June 06, 2008, 12:19 PM

What happens to Team Kakashi and Co. after their encounter with Tobi? Are the frogs still not near Tsunade? Where's Pain? Has Naruto MS? Why is he at home? Why don't Sasuke want to implant Itachi's eyes and gain EMS and maintain the ability to see?

btw: Does this page (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/11/) mean to point out that Sasuke got Sharigan at the night of the massacre or is it just poorly drawn?

he got the sharingan the night of the massacre...don't see what the point of it was though...

Mythsoul
yup...alot of stuff is developing without first concluding all the stuff that wasn't done with....Pein...J man's death...Kisame...and now ....Sasuke had the sharingan the night of the masacre.....and what happened to narutos key ( the pez looking frog) J man specifically told him to appear infront of naruto if J man was defeated......a zillion chapters ago...damn frogs ..did Kishi ate em by mistake......fried frog legs....:notrust

Invincible Uchiha
hmm… if sasuke don’t have the EMS that means he’s going to go blind sooner or latter what is lil’sasuke going to do. He will never defeat Madara now, so that mean he just going to be a partner, he has no chance. So Itachi gave naruto some power this ability probably help him control Kyuubi.

NARUTO SECRET POWER THEORY:

I believe when he is in subconscious level visa-ve inside of his mind he see Kyuubi caged up and the Kyuubi’s like ” you know you need my power!! muhhahaha!!!" and Naruto is looking at the ground, he replies, " shut up!! you will listen to me now!! He lifts his head up and he has the Sharingan the (ONLY IN THE SUBCONSCIOUS PART OF HIS MIND!!) Kyuubi stares at them and be like "those eye, those eyes!!" OR SCENARIO #2 Naruto sees Kyuubi caged up Itachi comes walking from out of the darkness he walks behind naruto Crows come flying out at the Kyuubi, he looks into Itachi eyes, and says, “You will obey naruto!!” damn that gave me chill bumps sorry for the fan fic My mind just got the wondering of what is that power that Itachi gave him

Alex_1
June 06, 2008, 12:21 PM
after reading this chapter am I the only one that got the feeling that I missed a chapter or two?

I know it would of been really boring to see Naruto and co. walking back to Konoha... but just having him randomly appear laying on his bed makes me feel like I'm out of the loop.

Plus we still have so many questions that haven't been answered yet.. frogs, Jiraiyas death notification, Kisame and more importantly, did they just leave Amaterasu burning or did one of them find a way to put it out? leaving fires unattended it very, very bad....

Nope. It was a little sloppy. It's because they're back in Konoha catching up on sleep and we still haven't heard a thing about Jiraiya's death. Also, Kisame simply vanished into friggin' thin air. We can assume he's... well. what can we assume? He's dead? He just... went away, living to fight another day? Who knows. But all three members of Sasuke's team seem alive and will without so much as a scratch.

The writers are now strongly alluding for Naruto to 'grow up'. Sasuke's called him a 'kid' in shippuden already, and now his brother has. It's time for it to happen already. Sooner or later, we're going to get more information on Kakashi and Sakura, so the story's about to shift a little. Next year though is shaping up to be a LOT about Naruto and Pein.

Speaking of... what do you think the process will be now? Nothing really about Pein/Konan this year, so maybe this little attack on Konoha will be the perfect diversion for the likes of Pein/Konan/Madara? Will Sasuke realize how he was played like a fool by Madara and will a 'rescue Naruto' arc be far behind? Hmm...

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 12:21 PM
Oh... Naruto is probably going to be captured by Pein.
And who knows what damage Sasuke and the others will do before the eventual Naruto/Sasuke showdown.

Still a bit too early to say.

oh yeah! thats right, but I was expecting this to happen before Naruto had returned to the leaf.. everything and everybody were moving so fast at that time (Madara, Zetsu, Itachi, hebi, Jirayia..) I thought pein will also appear out of no where to capture Naruto.. but it seems that wasn't the case.

who knows what will be Akatsuki's role in the attack on Konoha (if at all)

LauraNeatO
June 06, 2008, 12:22 PM
I find it funny that Sasuke would have totally pwned Itachi right in the head if Itachi weren't wearing his forehead protector. It would have totally saved Sasuke a lot of grief if he got more lucky with that shot XDDDD

ptolemy
June 06, 2008, 12:25 PM

by skipping over stuff like team kakashi travelng back to konha, kishi is trying to infer that that stuff isn't important. He only goes back and shows us something that we didn't see that happened in the past if it is important. Skipping over something because it's not important is not considered a plot hole. A plot hole is something that doesn't make sense (contradicts something else) and will never be explained, mainly due to a writer's ineptitude. So far there are only a few possible plot holes (how kakashi got his ms) and you know those will be cleared up by kishi...eventually. Please don't call these other trivialities 'plot holes' because that's making it sound worse than it is.

TheChosenOne
June 06, 2008, 12:25 PM
Also, Kisame simply vanished into friggin' thin air. We can assume he's... well. what can we assume? He's dead? He just... went away, living to fight another day? Who knows.

Well reckoning Suigetsu doesn't have possession of Samehada, we can assume that Kisame is still alive (or Suigetsu just had is it someplace else). :)

nat
June 06, 2008, 12:27 PM
hmm… if sasuke don’t have the EMS that means he’s going to go blind sooner or latter what is lil’sasuke going to do. He will never defeat Madara now, so that mean he just going to be a partner, he has no chance. So Itachi gave naruto some power this ability probably help him control Kyuubi.

I think he chose it that way as a form of punishing himself, He knows that he is going against Itachi's will but it is something he has to do (in his his head).

He is cursed and if he gets EMS he will unstoppable. He wants Naruto/Konoha to stop him in the end, like Itachi did with him. Before he changes into a revenge-demon, he is still human at the moment, but not for long.
If Naruto stops and changes him to the gooies side, then Madara will have to make new plans...

History tends to repeat itself...

Darth Executor
June 06, 2008, 12:27 PM
he got the sharingan the night of the massacre...don't see what the point of it was though...

I thought he got it while fighting Haku...

Mythsoul
June 06, 2008, 12:29 PM
Nope. It was a little sloppy. It's because they're back in Konoha catching up on sleep and we still haven't heard a thing about Jiraiya's death. Also, Kisame simply vanished into friggin' thin air. We can assume he's... well. what can we assume? He's dead? He just... went away, living to fight another day? Who knows. But all three members of Sasuke's team seem alive and will without so much as a scratch.

The writers are now strongly alluding for Naruto to 'grow up'. Sasuke's called him a 'kid' in shippuden already, and now his brother has. It's time for it to happen already. Sooner or later, we're going to get more information on Kakashi and Sakura, so the story's about to shift a little. Next year though is shaping up to be a LOT about Naruto and Pein.

Speaking of... what do you think the process will be now? Nothing really about Pein/Konan this year, so maybe this little attack on Konoha will be the perfect diversion for the likes of Pein/Konan/Madara? Will Sasuke realize how he was played like a fool by Madara and will a 'rescue Naruto' arc be far behind? Hmm...

I really dont see that happening without a strong confrontation ...and sasuke is defeated by Naruto....which will mean he's not of any good use as a tool to Madara...and he will disguard him...and then he'll realized that he was played like a blow up doll on a bachelor party ...and he should had listened to kakashi's warning about vengance....and pay more attention to the why of his brothers sacrifice

and whatever itachi gave naruto will play a big hand on stopping Marionette Sasuke ...and delay Puppeteer Madara......then the usual will happen ....Sasuke will cry once more....blah blah blah..and he will seek revengue agaisnt Madara for using his brother him and destroying the uchia clan.....

Umbra Wolf
June 06, 2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I thought that page was inconsistent with the timeline because I remembered that Sasuke awakened that Sharigan against Haku (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/27/Naruto27-04/).

But I reread that chapter and Sasuke has two tomoes in the right eye so he must be pretty advanced. So it ain't a major f*ck up.

ptolemy
June 06, 2008, 12:30 PM

apparently he got the first tomoe the night of the massacre and the second one while fighting haku

Darth Executor
June 06, 2008, 12:31 PM
I hope Naruto ends up with Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan. It would be precisely what he needs, allowing him complete control over the Kyuubi as well as acting as a counter to Sasuke's genjutsu.
[hr]

Well, I thought that page was inconsistent with the timeline because I remembered that Sasuke awakened that Sharigan against Haku (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/27/Naruto27-04/).

But I reread that chapter and Sasuke has two tomoes in the right eye so he must be pretty advanced. So it ain't a major f*ck up.

Obito had 2 tomoes in both eyes when he got his sharingan.

bean
June 06, 2008, 12:31 PM

that was what we were led to believe, but it could have just been the first time it was introduced to us that he had it...and then you can argue that he activated the second tomoe in one eye...but it was never said that that was the first time he ever did it...haku just make a remark about how incredible it was for him to "awaken" it during battle...kishi can easily rewrite that history without affecting the timeline.

ptolemy
June 06, 2008, 12:33 PM

haha it's funny you brought up that chapter. Look a page or two ahead and notice how long zetsu's sword is and look at it now when suigetsu is carrying it. It looks like a butcher's knife instead of a sword

bean
June 06, 2008, 12:37 PM
Obito had 2 tomoes in both eyes when he got his sharingan.

he may have already had it before as well, but either way, he was older than sasuke when sasuke supposedly first used it...so that might explain for him having two tomoes in each eye his "first" time

lazyboyrod
June 06, 2008, 12:38 PM
haha it's funny you brought up that chapter. Look a page or two ahead and notice how long zetsu's sword is and look at it now when suigetsu is carrying it. It looks like a butcher's knife instead of a sword

You mean Zabuza's sword right?

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 12:38 PM

it shows that Itachi wasn't the only one who activated sharingan when was a little kid..

I'm guessing that after Naruto pounds him with whatever hack Itachi gave him he will start to see things from his bro's point of view and get that EMS..

I find it funny that Sasuke would have totally pwned Itachi right in the head if Itachi weren't wearing his forehead protector. It would have totally saved Sasuke a lot of grief if he got more lucky with that shot XDDDD

:XD

Umbra Wolf
June 06, 2008, 12:43 PM
he may have already had it before as well, but either way, he was older than sasuke when sasuke supposedly first used it...so that might explain for him having two tomoes in each eye his "first" time
Possibly but that's damn complicated. Sasuke got his third tomoe (complete Sharingan) during his fight at the Valley of End. So the whole process of Tomoe gaining is probably connected to huge physical and psychological stress like it was explained earlier. So Sharingan activates and becomes stronger when it's needed and the power of Sharingan expands till today.

Darth Executor
June 06, 2008, 12:44 PM
apparently he got the first tomoe the night of the massacre and the second one while fighting haku

Haku states Sasuke awokened the Sharingan during their fight.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/27/Naruto27-04/

ptolemy
June 06, 2008, 12:45 PM
You mean Zabuza's sword right?

haha ah yes mixed them up

Darth Executor
June 06, 2008, 12:45 PM
he may have already had it before as well,

He didn't. Obito was raving about awaking it through the kakashi gaiden. And I thought they were about naruto's age pre-timeskip.

bean
June 06, 2008, 12:46 PM

what does haku know though...and awaken is kinda vague...you could say he "awakens" it in almost every fight nowadays...

Neru
June 06, 2008, 12:51 PM
The Sharingan is probably something you can awaken under pressure or stress, like under a battle, or perhaps under pure hatred. However, the abillity to fully control it is probably something that have to be accumulated. Sasuke was only able to have a one tomoe sharingan for a few seconds and he was probably not even aware of it.
After that Sasuke didn't get any chance to truly face death, or get heated up until Haku. Probably explains that.

eyesotope
I think he chose it that way as a form of punishing himself, He knows that he is going against Itachi's will but it is something he has to do (in his his head).

He is cursed and if he gets EMS he will unstoppable. He wants Naruto/Konoha to stop him in the end, like Itachi did with him. Before he changes into a revenge-demon, he is still human at the moment, but not for long.
If Naruto stops and changes him to the gooies side, then Madara will have to make new plans...

History tends to repeat itself...

yeah I agree with you here, and I think Naruto will convince him to see things from his brother's view and then upgrade his eyes..

it's because Sasuke fought for a while without sharingan and suddenly he was fighting with them, if he had them it would make sense to bring them out at once but after all he himself had forgotten he activated them, so Haku naturally assume he just awoke them..

lazyboyrod
What the hell is taking that frog so long to get to Tsunade, I wonder if she is going to keep Jiraiya's death a little secret for a while?

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 12:58 PM
What the hell is taking that frog so long to get to Tsunade, I wonder if she is going to keep Jiraiya's death a little secret for a while?

they must have arrived, there has been a considerable amount of time. kishi'd better make a good explanation for this, otherwise it will appear as if tsunade knew about J-man's death and didn't have the decency to tell anybody about it specially naruto, as if it was a minor thing:mad

eyesotope
June 06, 2008, 01:03 PM
even if Tsunade found out what happened and is hiding it, there was a frog that was supposed to go to Naruto too (the scroll frog) what about that?

LadyHatake
June 06, 2008, 01:07 PM
Even IF Tsunade got the message, she might be right in not telling Naruto straight off the bat. He's headstrong and doesn't think things through. Because of his impulsiveness, the moment that Naruto hears Jiraiya is dead he's going to want to go off and hunt down Pein for revenge, who will probably kill him. That's how he works. Tsunade knows there's trouble brewing if she got the message from Jiraiya, so she's not going to let him go gallivanting off to his own death.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 01:09 PM
is the pa-froggy, the one that has the secret code in his back, supposed to go to tsunade or to naruto?caz J-man was saying something about naruto is the chosen one, so i assumed that pa was sent to naruto too. and the scroll frog too

TheChosenOne
June 06, 2008, 01:12 PM
is the pa-froggy, the one that has the secret code in his back, supposed to go to tsunade or to naruto?caz J-man was saying something about naruto is the chosen one, so i assumed that pa was sent to naruto too. and the scroll frog too

I think Pa was sent to the Head Sage since Jiraiya states he needs to tell the Sage about Pain's identity. :)

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 01:16 PM
Even IF Tsunade got the message, she might be right in not telling Naruto straight off the bat. He's headstrong and doesn't think things through. Because of his impulsiveness, the moment that Naruto hears Jiraiya is dead he's going to want to go off and hunt down Pein for revenge, who will probably kill him. That's how he works. Tsunade knows there's trouble brewing if she got the message from Jiraiya, so she's not going to let him go gallivanting off to his own death.

you may be right here, but in the end isn't it the same? i mean pein already is ordered to bring naruto, so even if naruto didn't search for him pein is gonna find him, and then he'll tell him about J himself which will be much worse since naruto will know it from the murderer directly. tsunade knows that akatsuke are after naruto, sooner or later they will find him

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 01:18 PM
wasn't the frog scroll supposed to store itself within Narutos "inventory"... if so, will Naruto even know its their?

Namikaze Minatosan
June 06, 2008, 01:18 PM

He is cursed and if he gets EMS he will unstoppable.

he is not cursed anymore
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/401/03/

ezakimaN
June 06, 2008, 01:19 PM
If you're a Naruto fan, I fear that Kishi has us strapped in a long, painful ride for the protagonist. Not sure what will happen in the next chapter (hopefully Naru learning about Jiraiya's death), but as for longer term projections:

Naruto will learn of Jiraiya's death (will make him question his goal of bringing Sasuke back safely)...

Naruto will learn of Sasuke's goals (will REALLY make him question his goal of bringing Sasuke back safely)...

Team Hawk will attack and take out Konoha... Sasuke will lead the charge, we'll get some Team 7/8 vs. Hawk action, and Tsunande will go down (possibly by Danzo's hand)... For some reason, I see some sort of Danzo/Madara inside job... Though it wouldn't make much sense in light of Danzo sending out Sai to assassinate Sasuke...

Naruto will fail to stop Sasuke... Itachi's power won't come out, but Naruto will survive (duh)...

Despite Hawk's destruction of Konoha, Kakashi will be in place to become an intermediate Hokage of sorts... Tsunande will have spoken about the code on the frog's back to Kakashi... She may have started figuring out the message, but dies before she has an opportunity... As an avid reader of Jiraiya's works, Kakashi will complete deciphering the ridde.

Naruto, realizing his inability to measure up to Sasuke (and seriously doubting his desire to bring Sasu), will go off to train with the toads at Myoboku... Hopefully, we'll get a training arc... How cool would it be to see him face the Kyuubi, key in hand, and crow on his shoulder? :spaz:

I'm not sure how Pain fits in all of this other than to say he will join Team Hawk in the destruction of Konoha. I still believe the power-up Itachi gave Naruto has something to do with preventing Akatsuki from extracting the Kyuubi.

Although it doesn't fit well with the Naruto toad-training prediction, don't be surprised if we get to the point where Naruto is captured and Sasuke takes his place on one of the fingers (joined by Madara, Pain, Konana, Juugo, Suigetsu, Karin, Zetsu, and Kisame [who could end up being a double-agent turned by Sasuke])... I think it's more than convenient that the number is back to a full 9, don't you?

Side note: Should be interesting to see whether Sasuke will ever don the Akatsuki robe... Very powerful moment, indeed... But maybe Sasuke remains different and does things "his way", therefore, never giving himself FULLY to the dark side...

As they prepare for the extraction, Itachi's seal kicks in and prevents them from pulling our the nine-tailed fox.

Ending? Naruto will win his third and final fight with Sasuke, bringing his "brother" back to the good guys and ushering in a new day for ninjas as prophesied by the toad... Whether he dies in the process or not is up in the air. Hopefully Kishi won't do this to him... I'd like Naruto to enjoy the fruit of his labor and, eventually, cede control to Konohamaru.

But it's gonna be an ugly road to get there... Naruto will have lost Jiraiya, Konoha, his attempt to stop Sasuke from destroying Konoha, and who knows what else... Kishi has shown, in the past, that Naruto overcomes insurmountable odds. This would be the final, epic test.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 01:22 PM
wasn't the frog scroll supposed to store itself within Narutos "inventory"... if so, will Naruto even know its their?

i was thinking about a similar possibility, perhaps the scroll-frog is already within naruto now but he didn't realize it yet

bean
June 06, 2008, 01:22 PM
he is not cursed anymore
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/401/03/ (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/401/03/)

different sense of curse...like how the uchiha clan is the cursed clan...not a physical curse (seal)...

LadyHatake
June 06, 2008, 01:24 PM
you may be right here, but in the end isn't it the same? i mean pein already is ordered to bring naruto, so even if naruto didn't search for him pein is gonna find him, and then he'll tell him about J himself which will be much worse since naruto will know it from the murderer directly. tsunade knows that akatsuke are after naruto, sooner or later they will find him

True, but at least this will give Tsunade a little bit of time to think of a plan. I highly doubt she'd leave him unguarded. She's not just going to hand over Kyuubi, or someone she is very fond of. Plus, it's more dramatic when you think about it; Tsunade fighting alongside Naruto against Pein, and Pein saying "Didn't she tell you? I killed Jiraiya." Naruto would be stunned, wondering why she didn't tell him, etc etc.

But you're right as well. I just saw it as the most plausible explanation if Tsunade has in fact received the news but has withheld it.

I will say, however, these last few chapters have me as confused as ever. It feels rushed, and jumpy, going from one thing to the next and back again :/

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 01:24 PM
just read the chapter(seems like kishi is in love with flashbacks now).

And like i said in the spoiler discussions "now this is getting ridiculous. i want naruto to get stronger but not like this(getting some of itachi powers)".

i got one question(probably someone ask this already): Is naruto in Konoha? if he is then i think we should be expecting to see the frogs arrive at konoha in the next chapter.

PitchBlack857
June 06, 2008, 01:29 PM
Good chapter im cool with Itachi giving Naruto a power boost, ^ I agree kishi is killing me with the flashbacks it's a lil too much . It looks like next week The Leaf years about the upcoming attack so should a good summer.

amanaruto
June 06, 2008, 01:31 PM
naruto will get his strenght and power on his own without any help now
itachi gave this to naruto because he has to be prepared if the time comes !!!

but this makes him not Stronger ... its like a trumph card

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 01:34 PM
I will say, however, these last few chapters have me as confused as ever. It feels rushed, and jumpy, going from one thing to the next and back again :/

none of the previous chapters had that effect on me... but this one sure did.

I'm also getting kinda irritated with all of the flashbacks and rehashed panels. I know they are being used to give a tad bit more credence to whats being said... but enough is enough already.... the only flashback I want to see right now revolves around what happened to Kisame! and I'm beginning to think that Kishi has just wrote him off as MIA and is completely OK with that...

EDIT: does anyone know what the heck Sasuke is sitting on?... are they bones or just some weird playground toy?

Broken
June 06, 2008, 01:35 PM
I think the people who thought that the only way that Sasuke will redeem himself in the end is through death will have to eat their words with this chapter.

With Naruto confessing that he will not allow Sasuke to die or let the leaf fall is another testament to his resolve. One that another elite shinobi in the series has placed their faith in, and an Uchiha no less.

Not to mention that theres room for only one tragic hero in the story and the blood spattered angel Itachi had filled that position long ago.

With that said i thought is was interesting to note that Madara seems to be egging Sasuke's ambition further by asking to transplant the eyes, and with his response of , NO, and Madara's (....) there is enough to note that he did not expect such a reaction from Sasuke.

Personally, I would take this to mean that he was actually counting on it, and given their history together, that he somehow knew that Itachi would take further precautions "just in case" , and if Sasuke did take his eyes it would somehow backfire leaving Madara with one less thing to worry about later.

Also taking into consideration that Itachi went through all the trouble of giving Sasuke his tech's before he died, i think it would be safe to assume that he never intended for Sasuke to transplant the eyes in the first place, thus giving him the perfect MS without blindness, but this is all speculation.

This ties into Itachi's gift to Naruto in that if he did so happen to make the mistake and perform the transplant, that Naruto would be the one to fix it later with said gift, but again, pure speculation.

Itachi has been the reason that i fell for Naruto, and still continues to deliver, a true ninja among ninjas, and brother among brothers. It really pains me to know he's gone, but with all these flashbacks i guess i can't complain.

Hopefully Sasuke is not a complete fool, and he still has Itachi's interest's at heart, even if they are completely twisted or even better concealed.

bean
June 06, 2008, 01:42 PM
I think the people who thought that the only way that Sasuke will redeem himself in the end is through death will have to eat their words with this chapter.

With Naruto confessing that he will not allow Sasuke to die or let the leaf fall is another testament to his resolve. One that another elite shinobi in the series has placed their faith in, and an Uchiha no less.

Not to mention that theres room for only one tragic hero in the story and the blood spattered angel Itachi had filled that position long ago.

With that said i thought is was interesting to note that Madara seems to be egging Sasuke's ambition further by asking to transplant the eyes, and with his response of (....) there is enough to note that he did not expect such a reaction from Sasuke.

Personally, I would take this to mean that he was actually counting on it, and given their history together, that he somehow knew that Itachi would take further precautions "just in case" , and if Sasuke did take his eyes it would somehow backfire leaving Madara with one less thing to worry about later.

Also taking into consideration that Itachi went through all the trouble of giving Sasuke his tech's before he died, i think it would be safe to assume that he never intended for Sasuke to transplant the eyes in the first place, thus giving him the perfect MS without blindness, but this is all speculation.

This ties into Itachi's gift to Naruto in that if he did so happen to make the mistake and perform the transplant, that Naruto would be the one to fix it later with said gift, but again, pure speculation.

Itachi has been the reason that i fell for Naruto, and still continues to deliver, a true ninja among ninjas, and brother among brothers. It really pains me to know he's gone, but with all these flashbacks i guess i can't complain.

Hopefully Sasuke is not a complete fool, and he still has Itachi's interest's at heart, even if they are completely twisted or even better concealed.

you know what that means, right? Sasuke won't die (he might but I can't see how the story can continue or be coherent if he does) but that means that naruto will sacrifice himself for sasuke. Naruto is going to die...I'm pretty sure of it...he may not stay dead, but I think for the sake of the story, he will have to.
[hr]

none of the previous chapters had that effect on me... but this one sure did.

I'm also getting kinda irritated with all of the flashbacks and rehashed panels. I know they are being used to give a tad bit more credence to whats being said... but enough is enough already.... the only flashback I want to see right now revolves around what happened to Kisame! and I'm beginning to think that Kishi has just wrote him off as MIA and is completely OK with that...

EDIT: does anyone know what the heck Sasuke is sitting on?... are they bones or just some weird playground toy?

yes.

on a more serious note, i have no fucking clue where he is, and what he is sitting on...it looks like the sanbi's shell to me, but who knows.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 01:42 PM
naruto will get his strenght and power on his own without any help now
itachi gave this to naruto because he has to be prepared if the time comes !!!

but this makes him not Stronger ... its like a trumph card

i agree. i think that this power itachi gave to naruto is not to strengthen him, not an offensive power i mean, it'a perhaps something to help him avoid the sharingan effect to control the QB. naruto will get stronger by himself and he wont need to depend on the QB, itachi, kakashi or anybody else

amanaruto
June 06, 2008, 01:44 PM
naruto will not die

he will safe konoha and his brother SASUKE

Broken
June 06, 2008, 01:48 PM
Perhaps Naruto will die the same way that Gaara died, and then Sakura will have some crazy slug juice to pour on him to bring him back to life so that team 7 will live again, and the curse of the fox will die.

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 01:49 PM
naruto will not die

he will safe konoha and his brother SASUKE

i don't want naruto to die either but i think naruto have more chance of dying than sasuke. Kishi would probably kill naruto off and make sasuke the hokage(how much i will piss when this happen).

Alex_1
June 06, 2008, 01:50 PM
on a more serious note, i have no fucking clue where he is, and what he is sitting on...it looks like the sanbi's shell to me, but who knows.

It did kind of look like that. In a weird way it reminded me of Susano'o too...

siriusearl
June 06, 2008, 01:50 PM
what if the power that itachi gave naruto was the ability to seal the sharingan or somehow weaken it?

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 01:51 PM
the only way Sasuke could die is if he ended up giving his life to save Konoha or Naruto... other then that, it's a pretty safe bet that he won't be killed before his redemption.

frankwhite4523
June 06, 2008, 01:52 PM
after reading this chapter i think that naruto will do what j-man or no one else who's friend went to the bad side could do and thats convince sasuke to be good again, as much as i don't want this to happen it might cuz i find it hard to believe that kishi would kill his fav character but i want to see a fight to the death IMO

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 01:52 PM
why should naruto be the one to die? why must he always be in the weak position in front of sasuke? we saw similar situation in the VOTE battle, it will be as repeating the same battle between them

bean
June 06, 2008, 01:55 PM
why should naruto be the one to die? why must he always be in the weak position in front of sasuke? we saw similar situation in the VOTE battle, it will be as repeating the same battle between them
because he's willing to, just to save sasuke...but I can see sasuke dying, but only in one situation: pein (maybe madara but pein will have a better effect) kills him infront of naruto...either because sasuke was protecting him or because pein is an asshole and wants naruto to suffer...this would then lead to a 9tails mode naruto...boom, end manga.

Broken
June 06, 2008, 01:55 PM

Why not?

Naruto is the one who is capable of surviving fatal wounds and regenerating almost instantly, Sasuke doesn't have that advantage. If he goes down, he's not getting up....unless the EMS really does give you pseudo immortality.

neomaster121
June 06, 2008, 01:57 PM
well if sasuke is attacking soon this itachi power will make up for the lack of jutsus naruto has learned post time skip

nat
June 06, 2008, 02:00 PM
he is not cursed anymore
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/401/03/

I didn't mean the CS, I meant it in general sense. The Uchiha aren't the most benevolent of people. They have a sinister nature even without extra upgrades.....

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 02:00 PM

because kishi love sasuke too much. lol just kidding. It because naruto is too naive. If he have to fight sasuke again he probably become petrify again or he wouldn't go all out while sasuke on the other hand will be given his 110%. I believe naruto is actually strong but he is too naive to use his strength to it fullest.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 02:03 PM
Why not?

Naruto is the one who is capable of surviving fatal wounds and regenerating almost instantly, Sasuke doesn't have that advantage. If he goes down, he's not getting up....unless the EMS really does give you pseudo immortality.

that's true, but if this is only it then why even bother to train naruto and make him stronger and all that stuff? he can only fight sasuke, get his ass kicked, almost beaten to death, and then when sasuke thinks he killed him, naruto will get up and say: guess what, i'm still alive. and i can't see hoe is that supposed to help putting some logic to sasuke's empty head

bean
June 06, 2008, 02:03 PM
because kishi love sasuke too much. lol just kidding. It because naruto is too naive. If he have to fight sasuke again he probably become petrify again or he wouldn't go all out while sasuke on the other hand will be given his 110%. I believe naruto is actually strong but he is too naive to use his strength to it fullest.
it's not that he's naive and won't do anything in front of sasuke, it's that he won't kill sasuke when sasuke will kill him. Naruto will do whatever he can to stop him and bring him back, but killing him would defeat the purpose...for sasuke, it doesn't matter to him if naruto lives or dies...well not it kinda matters to him because he wants all of konoha dead...he probably wants the kyuubi dead too.

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 02:05 PM
well if sasuke is attacking soon this itachi power will make up for the lack of jutsus naruto has learned post time skip

well the attackers could be Pain and the Rain village...

If I was Sasuke, I'd let Pain and his peons take care of most of Konoha... that way I would be able to go up against the really strong/important ones without having to waste much energy.

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 02:08 PM
it's not that he's naive and won't do anything in front of sasuke, it's that he won't kill sasuke when sasuke will kill him. Naruto will do whatever he can to stop him and bring him back, but killing him would defeat the purpose...for sasuke, it doesn't matter to him if naruto lives or dies...well not it kinda matters to him because he wants all of konoha dead...he probably wants the kyuubi dead too.

that exactly why i think he is naive. Someone had try to kill you countless time and you still willing on walking though hell to save him and die for him. It pathetic to me. That is just my opinion.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 02:10 PM

right to the point. he's strong, but the idiot is short tempered, wasting his time shouting and lecturing his opponent and his real performance will be pathetic.and about kishi loving sasuki, do you think that for his favorate character, he's really doing a good gob in making us hate him? i think so:p

bean
June 06, 2008, 02:19 PM
that exactly why i think he is naive. Someone had try to kill you countless time and you still willing on walking though hell to save him and die for him. It pathetic to me. That is just my opinion.

well think about it. Naruto was a nobody loser that no one, and I mean no one, liked. He was alone, shunned and treated like shit until he graduated and was assigned to sasuke's team. Sasuke became his family, his brother, but more important than that, he became one of his first meaningfull bonds. They grew up together and protected each other. Sasuke, in a kinda sick way, is his best friend, his partner in crime, but most importantly like I said before, is one of naruto's strongest bonds. Sasuke was his measuring stick, and without him, naruto is kind of lost. As gay as it sounds, sasuke is his yin to his yang (or the other way around). It's not naive and pathetic...not only that, he's made promises to people and to himself to bring him back...there's something honorable in that.

frankwhite4523
June 06, 2008, 02:20 PM
Interesting story speciality when i think back at what naruto said about creating his own techniques which i think will be his defining moment in this whole story i think he will create jutsu's in mind just for sasuke that r intend to hurt but not kill becuz of course it will be very strong but i think he will hold back just enough to slap some sense in him

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 02:21 PM

i said this somewhere before, actually i believe that sasuke's first target will be naruto before anybody else. his target is to destroy konoha, he can't just go there and snap his fingres and konoha will be destroyed. he needs a mass destructive method, here comes the QB. since he's an fucken uchiha and possesses the MS, he'll be able to control him. he'll be after the QB and he wont give a shit for what will happen to naruto. no matter how i look at it the narutovs. sasuke battle is in the horizon, and it will be a battle to death from sasuke's side at least. if naruto didn't understand that by his own death he's as if helping sasuke to destroy konoha(caz he will make it even easer for him to get the QB), it will be a disaster for everyone

llamapie
June 06, 2008, 02:23 PM
after reading this chapter i think that naruto will do what j-man or no one else who's friend went to the bad side could do and thats convince sasuke to be good again, as much as i don't want this to happen it might cuz i find it hard to believe that kishi would kill his fav character but i want to see a fight to the death IMO

Naruto will be in a position to have to kill Sasuke, but that battle is ways away. Naruto, at the moment even with FRS stands no chance of beating him. I think we're looking at another time skip and hopefully a training arc for Naruto again.

TheChosenOne
June 06, 2008, 02:24 PM
this would then lead to a 9tails mode naruto...boom, end manga.

I'm hoping this happens when he hears about Jiraiya's death, I really wanna see Naruto go down the avenger path even though it doesn't fit him, yet. :)

warbandit66
June 06, 2008, 02:28 PM
Naruto will experience some sort of breakdown with all this emotional strain for him.

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm hoping this happens when he hears about Jiraiya's death, I really wanna see Naruto go down the avenger path even though it doesn't fit him, yet. :)

the ironic thing about Naruto ever going 9-tailed is that Yamato probably isn't strong enough to stop him... which only leaves an Uchiha capable of doing it.

Baron Hugenstein
June 06, 2008, 02:38 PM
the ironic thing about Naruto ever going 9-tailed is that Yamato probably isn't strong enough to stop him... which only leaves an Uchiha capable of doing it.

Or somehow, Naruto will learn to use the Key Jiraiya sent and subdue the Kyuubi inside him:blink....it already has a frog as an advisor/scroll opener

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 02:41 PM

and here come sasuke to the rescue. There is no need to fear, sasuke is here.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 02:44 PM
and here come sasuke to the rescue. There is no need to fear, sasuke is here.

don't forget about madara too

TheChosenOne
June 06, 2008, 02:46 PM

True, well let's hope the jutsu Jiraiya talked about with the Frog Scroll is something that trains Naruto to have absolute control over the Kyuubi or something that allows him to harness to it's utmost potential. :)

bean
June 06, 2008, 02:53 PM

or maybe an inner itachi.....

couldn't itachi have given naruto the uchiha ms ability to control the kyuubi? that would make a whole lot of sense...

Mythsoul
June 06, 2008, 02:56 PM

couldn't itachi have given naruto the uchiha ms ability to control the kyuubi? that would make a whole lot of sense...

hmmm let's give this a thought........9 tail naruto ...all in control...all concious...all that damn chakra....that would be a brutal force ...but how long can he take being 9 tail.....being 4 leaves him all messed up....he bleeds to death ...if he goes 9 tails :|

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 03:00 PM

i rather have naruto find a way to control the kyuubi by himself than having a bloody tainted uchiha power to control it. I'm a strong believer in naruto making it with his own strength.

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 03:01 PM

it's a possibility... but I'm leaning more towards that the "power" bestowed upon Naruto has to deal more with Sasuke/sharingan and not the Kyuubi... but then again, they could be interlinked and deal with Sasuke control over the Kyuubi...

Franckie
June 06, 2008, 03:05 PM
i rather have naruto find a way to control the kyuubi by himself than having a bloody tainted uchiha power to control it. I'm a strong believer in naruto making it with his own strength.

Agreed. A key feature of Naruto's character is for him to surpass all previous Hogakes. Now you mean to tell me that Naruto only gets to do this by having such an ability practically handed to him instead of learning to control Kyuubi on his own? Yes, Kishi, let's not allow Naruto to stand on his own two-feet for once.

Besides, such a move would render the "key" obsolete since it's meant to rectify the issue with Kyuubi. What Itachi did to Naruto deals with something else entirely.

bean
June 06, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm just saying, ms kyuubi control ability would be nice for naruto...or course with the sidenote given by itachi, I think if it is the ms ability, it comes at the price of his life to use it...
[hr]
itachi gives him the ability to control it completely, and the key prevents it from hurting him...one two combo...I dunno, I'm just throwing thoughts out there.

pops
June 06, 2008, 03:17 PM
is it me or did i miss something in this chapter. its like the whole konoha in denial that jiraya died b/c here we have naruto relaxing in bed with no hint of knowledge of what happen to his sempai. you would think that the first thing that would be done would be debriefing from tsunade regarding j-man and pain.

Csdabest
June 06, 2008, 03:18 PM
Front line of defense.....

Its either Anbu roots and Danzo

Or Rookie 11.

Mythsoul
June 06, 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm just saying, ms kyuubi control ability would be nice for naruto...or course with the sidenote given by itachi, I think if it is the ms ability, it comes at the price of his life to use it...
<hr noshade size="1">
itachi gives him the ability to control it completely, and the key prevents it from hurting him...one two combo...I dunno, I'm just throwing thoughts out there.

I get what u're saying.....but the key said to Jirayra ..that if he was to be with naruto....the yang chakra and naruto would fuse....it will become part of him....not something inside.....perhaps what Itachi gave him....was something to counter the MS...or block it for the Kyuubi.....

and we don't know wtf will happen to naruto once that frog pez looking key shows up to him.....and completes "that jutsu"....there are too many variables in the air.....kishi needs to speed up that part of the story....or we'll go insane ...lol

bean
June 06, 2008, 03:20 PM
is it me or did i miss something in this chapter. its like the whole konoha in denial that jiraya died b/c here we have naruto relaxing in bed with no hint of knowledge of what happen to his sempai. you would think that the first thing that would be done would be debriefing from tsunade regarding j-man and pain.

either they don't know yet or it's hush hush at the moment...hopefully it's the former because if he doesn't get a proper funeral, I'm gonna be royally pissed...they could be waiting for him to come back, cause technically, ma frog doesn't know he died, and pa frog can only assume he is dead...that or pa frog is taking his sweet old ass time.

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 03:21 PM
after thinking of it again, i started to think that this itachi power he gave to naruto has nothing to do with the QB control. minato left the key to naruto to complete an unknown jutsue, that means he believed that naruto will be able to control the QB shakra which appears to be a requirement for that jutsue, at that time how would minato know that there is some one called itachi from the uchiha family will willingly gift naruto the power to control the QB? it makes me to believe that naruto is supposed to control the QB without this last event. leaving me to think that itachi's power will work in a completely different field. don't know what though

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 03:26 PM

i don't think they know yet. The frogs are probably taking their time.

Lelo
June 06, 2008, 03:27 PM
just read the chapter, FINALLY Naruto has come back to Konoha. I liked the conversation between Itachi and Naruto. Hopefully next chapter he finds out about Jiraiya. Also is Sasuke the leader of Eagle or is Madara?

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 03:31 PM
either they don't know yet or it's hush hush at the moment...hopefully it's the former because if he doesn't get a proper funeral, I'm gonna be royally pissed...they could be waiting for him to come back, cause technically, ma frog doesn't know he died, and pa frog can only assume he is dead...that or pa frog is taking his sweet old ass time.

i think the pa frog who's supposed to know about J-man's death is sent by the later to the frog mountain to inform that giant old frog(forgot his name, kage something, the one who made the prophecy), not to konoha anyway

laughing@you
June 06, 2008, 03:31 PM
after thinking of it again, i started to think that this itachi power he gave to naruto has nothing to do with the QB control. minato left the key to naruto to complete an unknown jutsue, that means he believed that naruto will be able to control the QB shakra which appears to be a requirement for that jutsue, at that time how would minato know that there is some one could itachi from the uchiha family will willingly gift naruto the power to control the QB? it makes me to believe that naruto is supposed to control the QB without this last event. leaving me to think that itachi's power will work in a completely different field. don't know what though

The way the conversation went down itachi smiled when naruto replied his answer. To me its has to be some kind of sharingan genjutsu canceler or something. Cuz he could have raped naruto if he wanted to, but he didn't. So he knows that in a confrontation naruto won't survive a genjutsu attack from sasuke. And is not something its gonna be there forever i'm thinking something like it will cancel one or two tries by sasuke and thats it.

Nara Twig
June 06, 2008, 03:33 PM
just read the chapter, FINALLY Naruto has come back to Konoha. I liked the conversation between Itachi and Naruto. Hopefully next chapter he finds out about Jiraiya. Also is Sasuke the leader of Eagle or is Madara?

I think Sasuke is still in control. Madara was waiting on him before they could leave, instead of saying that all the preperations are ready and that it's time to go.

pops
June 06, 2008, 03:37 PM
madara is just allowing someone else to take charge so that he can watch from the background like has been doing this whole manga. he seems to get off on manipulating other people to get them to do what he wants.

vintagemistakes
June 06, 2008, 03:39 PM

is it eagle, is it hawk?

if I remember correctly Madara said something along the line of whether Sasuke will remain a snake or shed his scales and become a hawk...

shinobi
June 06, 2008, 03:42 PM
The way the conversation went down itachi smiled when naruto replied his answer. To me its has to be some kind of sharingan genjutsu canceler or something. Cuz he could have raped naruto if he wanted to, but he didn't. So he knows that in a confrontation naruto won't survive a genjutsu attack from sasuke. And is not something its gonna be there forever i'm thinking something like it will cancel one or two tries by sasuke and thats it.

it could be at the genjutsu field, taking in consideration how pathetic is naruto's level in this type, and how sucks he struggled in itachi's illusions in vain, this is possible.

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 06, 2008, 03:43 PM
is it eagle, is it hawk?

if I remember correctly Madara said something along the line of whether Sasuke will remain a snake or shed his scales and become a hawk...

it more likely to be hawk.

DarkManSharingan32
June 06, 2008, 03:49 PM

Well Itachi said he, "Hopes he never has to use it"...
And since i'm sure he knew Sasuke would find Madara, he gave Naruto something potentially amazingly dangerous.

Either something to nullify the Kyuubi's influence...
Or something that debilitates Sasuke entirely:

Maybe a Mangekyou Remover... or Instant Light Stealing jutsu...?
Who knows.

Itachi is PWN at the current moment, and does whatever he sees fit.

From the grave.

Ryodraco
June 06, 2008, 03:52 PM
Didn't Jiraya teleport the frog or...something? It went 'poof' right?
No, I'm pretty sure he jumped into the water when the fat Pain used that launching fist to smash up the platform Pa Toad and Jiraiya were on.

Either way the toad would have to go back to the toad mountain first. We don't know if summon creatures can summon themselves to various places (indeed they probably can't), only that they can return to where they came from.

Thus it seems likely that Ma and Pa have a long trip ahead of them if they are to get to Konoha.

Combine this with how Jiraiya's death occurred mere minutes before the fight between Sasuke and Itachi fought, and really it becomes no surprise if the toads have not been able to inform anyone yet.

And remember, Naruto's team was not nearly as far away from the village as Jiraiya presumably was. It could be that less than a day has even passed since Jiraiya's death.

gold349
June 06, 2008, 03:55 PM
I think Sasuke is still in control. Madara was waiting on him before they could leave, instead of saying that all the preperations are ready and that it's time to go.

Madara can not rock the boat, he cannot give Saske a direct order at this moment in time especially after all the hard work he has put in (all the bs mixed with half truths). He is playing it as though it Saske's decision, when he knows that he has told Saske all about Itachi would get results he desires.

Itachi had a talk to Naruto about his priority and how he felt in his heart, reading in between the lines and having a general knowledge of over all story I understood it the power Itachi gave Naruto is something that could/would harm Saske, something similar to what happened when Saske first came into contact with Uchiha madara sharingan, Amatersu was sparked out at Madara just from the sight of seeing his sharingan, the trigger was Madara's sharingan. So I'm betting its something similar, if Saske ever uses his powers and comes direct face to face with Naruto (which in protecting konoha is guaranteed), the trigger could be one of Itachi's own techniques, something like a final jutsu from Saske and at the sight or feel from the chakra being created would trigger what ever Itachi power he gave Naruto to kick in to stop saske from completing or fulfilling what he has set out to do.

EvilGenious
June 06, 2008, 04:05 PM
The chapter was mostly flashback...*sigh*...I don't care much for flashbacks, but I am glad that we finally found out what went on between Itachi and Naruto. I just wish we knew what type of power that he gave Naruto.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this...but did anyone else see a one tomoe Sharingan in Sasuke's eyes?

bean
June 06, 2008, 04:10 PM
The chapter was mostly flashback...*sigh*...I don't care much for flashbacks, but I am glad that we finally found out what went on between Itachi and Naruto. I just wish we knew what type of power that he gave Naruto.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this...but did anyone else see a one tomoe Sharingan in Sasuke's eyes?

been mentioned a few times already...but it wasn't like it was a subtle thing...you'd have to be blind to not notice it...but yeah, his brother gave him the sharingan pretty much, and now he gave him the MS, or some new form of sharingan....

Neru
June 06, 2008, 04:13 PM

Yes, we all did. And its giving everyone a headache. Expect for me though. How else would Sasuke been able to pinpoint with a kunai?

Alexis
June 06, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah. Not sure what that was about.

The last chapter made Sasuke seem all the more powerful with his new upgrades and (as usual) makes Naruto seem pathetic in comparison. It made me wonder how Naruto would hope to beat him now, but that Itachi transfered some of his powers to Naruto was unexpected. I like that idea. Naruto definitely needs an ace or two, or three, or four, if he wants to beat Sasuke the way he is now. I wonder what it was Itachi gave him though? It couldn't be a Sharingan doujutsu I think, so what else?

And I'm sure this has been mentioned many times now, but I guess Sasuke's Sharingan was confirmed to be MS.
By the way. Is it me, or does it seem like Madara wants Sasuke to gain the EMS for some reason? He was quick to tell Zetsu to retriev Itachi's dead body, and now he asked Sasuke if he wants to transplant the eyes. Either he did it out of concern for Sasuke out of the goodness of his heart (yeah right), or he wants him to do it because it's benificial for him. Or perhaps there's nothing shady behind it, and it's just to increase their mission success rate.

Alex_1
June 06, 2008, 04:15 PM
The real thing I'm wondering after all of this...

Is Sasuke/Madara and co. attacking Konoha now? And if so... that may leave Pein to actually end up being the last major villain. I was thinking, if Pein actually ends up being the last super villain (well, there's Kabuto too, but please bear with me a moment...), who in the world is Pein that could make him so major?? I've sort of had a suspicion that whatever Pein is, it has to do with more than just Nagato/Yahiko, but just from the still when Jiraiya remembered Naruto - could it also have something to do with Naruto's mother? Remembering Gaara's mother's contempt, it would seem to fit with 'Pein'... I really want to find out more about that character now above all else.

DarkManSharingan32
June 06, 2008, 04:19 PM
been mentioned a few times already...but it wasn't like it was a subtle thing...you'd have to be blind to not notice it...but yeah, his brother gave him the sharingan pretty much, and now he gave him the MS, or some new form of sharingan....

I took it to mean that Sasuke awakened his Sharingan on that night... in the instant that he decided he needed to stand up to his brother.

(Of course... in the trauma, he forgot that little portion of memory)

And I don't think Itachi GAVE him MS... but the ending of the battle produced the MS in Sasuke.

Itachi GAVE him his eye techniqes... that much is certain.

Alex_1
June 06, 2008, 04:19 PM
By the way. Is it me, or does it seem like Madara wants Sasuke to gain the EMS for some reason? He was quick to tell Zetsu to retriev Itachi's dead body, and now he asked Sasuke if he wants to transplant the eyes. Either he did it out of concern for Sasuke out of the good ness of his heart (yeah right), or he wants him to do it because it's benificial for him. Or perhaps there's nothing shady behind it, and it's just to increase their mission success rate.

I think it goes along with Madara's manipulation. IMO, he's biding his time for now and isn't 100%, or he's incomplete. I think somehow, he's using Sasuke to restore his powers. I don't think he'll have a great deal of respect for the younger generation, etc. Sasuke's growth/power is tied to him somehow - and he must know a secret to obtaining power that he left out of the equation. IMO... unsubstantiated of course :) but he's got an alterior motive besides just flattening Konoha IMO. There's still the 9 tails/akatsuki thing. And while we've seen his sharingan, he has yet to show his MS or EMS as Tobi.

Once Madara has what he needs, I kind of expect one of two things - Madara to throw Sasuke aside, or Sasuke to double-cross him at the last moment, siding with his brother's ideals. Far fetched maybe, but not beyond the realm of possibilities. :D

Oh - welcome back Alexis. :)

bigbyte
June 06, 2008, 04:21 PM

You are not alone. and that leads me to think that like QB power, sharingan has a lot to do with emotional stress. evidences:
1. one-tomoe sharingan of sasuke when itachi first left (1+1 -- each eye has one)
2. sauske's fight with haku -- 2+1 tomoe
3. sasuke vs naruto -- 3+3 tomoe
4. needing to kill closest friend for to get MS
5. sasuke's new sharingan after realizing itachi's true (good) nature and realizing his own great loss.

the only thing that is still unexplained is kakashi's MS. I believe he got it shortly after encounter with itachi (right after 3rd's death) because that is the only stressful condition that I see kakashi was in. the timeskip would explain his knowledge about risks/costs of using it. also he was able to use it twice -- one while chopping of dei's arm and other while containing the explosion. he wouldn't have been able to use it this effectively if he was a complete n00b.

DarkManSharingan32
June 06, 2008, 04:22 PM
The real thing I'm wondering after all of this...

Is Sasuke/Madara and co. attacking Konoha now? And if so... that may leave Pein to actually end up being the last major villain. I was thinking, if Pein actually ends up being the last super villain (well, there's Kabuto too, but please bear with me a moment...), who in the world is Pein that could make him so major?? I've sort of had a suspicion that whatever Pein is, it has to do with more than just Nagato/Yahiko, but just from the still when Jiraiya remembered Naruto - could it also have something to do with Naruto's mother? Remembering Gaara's mother's contempt, it would seem to fit with 'Pein'... I really want to find out more about that character now above all else.

If Kushina has something to do with Pein...
Then Naruto and Sasuke may have more in common than they think.

Alexis
June 06, 2008, 04:59 PM
Sasuke's growth/power is tied to him somehow - and he must know a secret to obtaining power that he left out of the equation. IMO... unsubstantiated of course :) but he's got an alterior motive besides just flattening Konoha IMO.
Naturally. Because what Madara said before to Pain doesn't seem to have happened yet. "And when that happens... the Sharingans true power... my, Uchiha Madara's power.."
Sasuke only has a MS for now it seems, and I don't think that's what Madara meant by his/sharingan's true power. Something else is going to happen. Not sure if it relates to a change in Sasuke or Madara himself.

And also, if destroying Konoha was all he wanted, why didn't he join forces with Orochimaru? They almost... almost seemed to have the same goals.
All I can think of is that Madara didn't do it to honor his agreement with Itachi. Or that he wants something more than just destroying Konoha.

Once Madara has what he needs, I kind of expect one of two things - Madara to throw Sasuke aside, or Sasuke to double-cross him at the last moment, siding with his brother's ideals. Far fetched maybe, but not beyond the realm of possibilities. :D
Yeah, it's possible. I can see that happening in the future. But I wonder what would make Sasuke change his mind. Itachi seemed to expect Sasuke to take this path, given his conversation with Naruto.

As for Pain, I'm starting to wonder if he will succeed in capturing Naruto and extracting the kyuubi or not. The possibility that Naruto could lose the Kyuubi didn't really occur to me until recentlt. When Naruto decided that he would bring back Sasuke "without using the kyuubi chakra" and another sign that Naruto at least won't use it against Sasuke is that Sasuke lost his cursed seal now.
There's also the fact that Gaara lost his demon, and for what? If Akatsuki never capture all the demons, and their plan never comes to be anything but a dream, it seems kind of like a waste of a character to cripple Gaara like this when it won't lead to anything productive. Besides the Gaara revival scene that is.
On the other hand it seems like Naruto needs the Kyuubi to learn the special jutsu Minato wanted him to learn. But perhaps that means that he will still have it for a while, but lose it later? The kyuubi chakra might be requiered to learn that technique, but once he has mastered it he may not need the kyuubi chakra to do it. Much like his FRS technique.
Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I think Pain's role might still be something in the current arc, and so if he remains as a villain and is alive later on is up in the air. He could become something more than he is now, or perhaps he'll keep his role as a villain one step below Madara.

Oh - welcome back Alexis. :)
Thank you. :)

I feel that Itachi gave Naruto some thing to seal Sasuke MS away or make him become blind.. and Sasuke going to have no choice but to get Itachi eyes...

But Naruto going to do it because he had no other choice because sasuke was going to kill him if he didn't stop him with that power....

C4animax
June 06, 2008, 05:18 PM
I'm half laughing and half desperated from what i've read...

*makes naruto eat a crow* then say : "i've given you some power"...omg how lame is that ? lol :D...at least it's half bad because we already know that itachi can transfer power (truly the god level ninja wasn't he?)nevermind, what can we expect now? Naruto having sharingan too? Can he shoot a katon like no other uchiha could ever do? (good thing to counter sasuke own katon even though he has amaterasu) can he teleport himself to wherever he wants to?

naruto : SHARINGAN
*three tomoes shringan activated*
sasuke : What the????...
naruto : I can see him, I CAN SEE HIM.

A question i wonder is, if he knows that sasuke is going to attacks konoha after knowing the truth (at least he suspect it) so why don't he just kill him?

I noticed that he even tried to bring an old scene..maybe he felt like he'd do it anyway so people won't say anything about what we could call a "blooper" (i don't remember how to call it, it's when you make something that doesn't appear later), nice try kishimoto!...

I really hope that "this power isn't something that will be constantly present in the fight between sasuke/naruto, i'm counting on you kishimoto.
[hr]
Oh i know, maybe itachi set up a power like he set sasuke sharingan so he can stop/kill sasuke...yeah he can do that.

trigger no jutsu.

mars0103
June 06, 2008, 05:22 PM

i think it was the illusion jutus (ms) which would be prefect this means that one eye will become a switch off sharinggan in the left eye if memroy serves me right. Same eye as kakshi naruto is going to get a ems when a good cartactor dies or is unable to be a ninja.

Shiro-kun
June 06, 2008, 05:27 PM
Itachi jabs Sasuke while talking about Him
He is "Pure"(i.e naieve, stupid and manipulated,)...:tem

It seems everyone first perception of what Itachi tranferred was the sharingan, joke or not it well be a big wtf in the story lol

but the ablility might have to deal with The Kyuubi, Immunation of Akatsuki Extraction, Sharingan Genjutsu (big one ..) , a powerful attack that Itachi knows, etc

and this chapter was a flashback and with noticeable features of Naruto back, feet and and on his bed
while we see Sasuke fully when not in flashback :notrust

bean
June 06, 2008, 05:34 PM
Itachi jabs Sasuke while talking about Him
He is "Pure"(i.e naieve, stupid and manipulated,)...:tem

It seems everyone first perception of what Itachi tranferred was the sharingan, joke or not it well be a big wtf in the story lol

but the ablility might have to deal with The Kyuubi, Immunation of Akatsuki Extraction, Sharingan Genjutsu (big one ..) , a powerful attack that Itachi knows, etc

and this chapter was a flashback and with noticeable features of Naruto back, feet and and on his bed
while we see Sasuke fully when not in flashback :notrust

I dunno about stupid or manipulate...naive, maybe...but when he said pure, at that time, sasuke kind of was. He didn't care for or against konoha, and was only motivated by the need for vengeance. In a sense, when it came to whether he was a bad guy or a good guy, he was pure...now, he's tainted.

lordHokage
June 06, 2008, 05:36 PM
I think it goes along with Madara's manipulation. IMO, he's biding his time for now and isn't 100%, or he's incomplete. I think somehow, he's using Sasuke to restore his powers. I don't think he'll have a great deal of respect for the younger generation, etc. Sasuke's growth/power is tied to him somehow - and he must know a secret to obtaining power that he left out of the equation. IMO... unsubstantiated of course :) but he's got an alterior motive besides just flattening Konoha IMO. There's still the 9 tails/akatsuki thing. And while we've seen his sharingan, he has yet to show his MS or EMS as Tobi.

I couldn't agree with you more, well said. In order for Sasuke to see that Madara's is manipulating him, he needs a rude awakening and attacking Konoha will wake him up for sure. I think Naruto would use Itachi's powers on Madara not Sasuke. :D

Shiro-kun
June 06, 2008, 05:39 PM
I dunno about stupid or manipulate...naive, maybe...but when he said pure, at that time, sasuke kind of was. He didn't care for or against konoha, and was only motivated by the need for vengeance. In a sense, when it came to whether he was a bad guy or a good guy, he was pure...now, he's tainted.

After ReReading the chapter i agree, Itachi comment backs your message even more

Death God
June 06, 2008, 05:42 PM
Two Questions:

1. You know where sasuke and madara are talking and sasuke is sitting on that skeleton thing, did the conversion happen before they met up with team hebi?

2. How come naruto does not know anything about whats happened to jiraiya? It was shown that pa frog reached to tsunade whilst naruto & co were still on their mission.

bean
June 06, 2008, 05:46 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, well said. In order for Sasuke to see that Madara's is manipulating him, he needs a rude awakening and attacking Konoha will wake him up for sure. I think Naruto would use Itachi's powers on Madara not Sasuke. :D

but is madara really manipulating him or simply using him...because that's two completely different things...

prior to this chapter, I would have agreed with you that madara was manipulating him, but now that itachi confirmed that sasuke would have a legitimate reason for attacking konoha (by him saying that sasuke might attack konoha says to me that he knew sasuke would have reason to, though itachi would never regardless of what reason...) I say madara is just using sasuke as a means to the end of his goal...
[hr]

Two Questions:

1. You know where sasuke and madara are talking and sasuke is sitting on that skeleton thing, did the conversion happen before they met up with team hebi?

2. How come naruto does not know anything about whats happened to jiraiya? It was shown that pa frog reached to tsunade whilst naruto & co were still on their mission.

1. most likely present time, post meeting up with hebi...but either way, it's irrelevant.
2. they might be holding the information back from him, imagine if he knew...but it could be that no one in konoha knows yet, at least not for sure...

Shiro-kun
June 06, 2008, 05:49 PM
Two Questions:

1. We Dont Know , although they might be someonewhere else
2. We also do not know

Kishimoto hasnt informed us yet , so these questions are impossible questions to anwser right now

llamapie
June 06, 2008, 06:20 PM
Well next chapter looks like j-man's funeral and then Naruto's new goal. We'll see. :P I kind of look forward to it.

Also looks like Sasuke awakened his sharingan in that flashback when he was a little kid. According to the chapter that is.

GaaraoftheDesert77
June 06, 2008, 06:23 PM
ummmm is Itachi alive?

Lelo
June 06, 2008, 06:26 PM
is it eagle, is it hawk?

I think it is Hawk. The last chapter said Eagle but who knows
[hr]

ummmm is Itachi alive?

no, that was just flashbacks of him

Alexis
June 06, 2008, 06:32 PM
ummmm is Itachi alive?
He is alive.... in our hearts.