PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Gold Knight
March 10, 2006, 05:22 AM
Ahoy!

Think of this as the 'Hang Out' version of an One Piece discussion thread. In here you can randomly talk about practically anything involving the One Piece universe. Anything that comes to mind that you don't really feel like starting a thread about in the Tree of Knowledge.

We have similar threads for the Naruto and Bleach forums so I thought it'd be a good time to have one here as well. Enjoy!

Just a little set of rules to help us keep the place tidy:

No current week's spoilers! Spoiler rules and the weekend's rule are also valid in here. Discussion on the latest week's spoilers and chapters are not allowed until Monday of the following week.

No heated arguments! This is supposed to be a place where you can have a casual conversation. For in-depth, serious discussions, please head to the Tree of Knowledge (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61).

No spam! This is obvious, isn't it? No one-liners, no useless posts, yadda yadda. :p

No agonizing! Don't keep on asking for spoilers/raws/scans/translations, just be patient.

venicia777
March 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
good point!! when i saw the title i told myself i have seen this somewhere before- but not here. Yeah!! the little news i heard on Gerusama irc channel is that there will be no one piece next week. damn!! That sure sucks!!!

bhendjol
March 17, 2006, 07:03 AM
Is there anyone that's curious about what Pluton might look like?, or just me?

Mogeking
March 21, 2006, 12:22 AM
i think it might look like a big doggie...i dunno why, but I do...*shifty eyes* :shakefist :sweatdrop :yelling :jounins hee hee hee

Watson
March 22, 2006, 01:14 AM
I've always imagined Pluton to be this big ship made of metal that has lots of cannons and that it could act somewhat as a submarine, thats what i've imagined it.

Gold Knight
March 23, 2006, 02:42 AM
Hmm, Pluton. Possibly a robot? o_O

Mogeking
April 02, 2006, 02:59 AM
OOooOOooooOOO maybe a moon sized robot that is deployed from the sea!!! like a mini-death star!!!

Zoolooman
April 10, 2006, 02:39 AM
I'm afraid that Luffy's Gear 2 and Gear 3 attacks will bore in comparison to his regular fighting style. His Gear 2 attacks were drawn with blasts of air, and his Gear 3 form was scrunched and tiny on the page. I can't help but wonder if they'll remain as visually entertaining as his original attacks.

-zenith-
April 18, 2006, 08:57 AM
I was wondering about Luffys third gear. We haven’t seen him actually attack while in it, so I was thinking that him becoming chibi might be a side effect of Luffy over using his elasticity from attacking in third gear.
Perhaps third gear looks really bad ass and is powerful but Luffy has to go chibi for awhile afterwards to recover.

Maybe I’m just being hopeful because I don’t think Luffy will be able to have any badass moments if he’s chibi for all his tough fights :p.

Predator
April 18, 2006, 09:21 AM
I'm starting to think that all Luffy's Gears are applications of original rubber characteristics.
> By far he only used streching. That could be described as gear one.
> Gear two was without doubt, the volcanization. Rubber changes it's abilities, like endurance.
> The third gear looked very much like poping. He had to bite himself. He poped like a baloon and that was why, the explosion occured. This could also explain why he was chibi afterwards. After that he, so to say inflated back to normal size.

zumb1e
April 18, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'm starting to think that all Luffy's Gears are applications of original rubber characteristics.
> By far he only used streching. That could be described as gear one.
> Gear two was without doubt, the volcanization. Rubber changes it's abilities, like endurance.
> The third gear looked very much like poping. He had to bite himself. He poped like a baloon and that was why, the explosion occured. This could also explain why he was chibi afterwards. After that he, so to say inflated back to normal size.

Thats the best way to describe the gears that i read on this entire forum....

ltphil
April 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
the question will be....does he need to change to gear 3 to beat the hell out of lucci???

or will gear 2 be enough for him.....

ruffy need some more abbility's and power to go against the higher ups of the world gov.

and don't forget the" ice man"(admiral akuji (i think that it is his name))

ruffy don't have a friggin chance against him...

or will the gear 3 make him imune to ice....

Kilik
April 25, 2006, 12:41 PM
I think gear 2 will be enough to beat Lucci because that appears to be his battle form gear 3 seems to be used for clearing the way with explosive power...but I could be wrong because we haven't seen him in that form enough

Bravo
April 25, 2006, 10:09 PM
gear 3 seems to be used for clearing the way with explosive power.

It looked like he was about to lay the smackdown on Blueno with it before he realized the big cow was unconcious, ja? He was doing the same thing in that chapter as he did in the later chapter when he was all like "Zomg, /own on this n00b door"

venicia777
August 01, 2006, 05:49 PM
the question will be....does he need to change to gear 3 to beat the hell out of lucci???

or will gear 2 be enough for him.....

ruffy need some more abbility's and power to go against the higher ups of the world gov.

and don't forget the" ice man"(admiral akuji (i think that it is his name))

ruffy don't have a friggin chance against him...

or will the gear 3 make him imune to ice....
as the latest chapters have shown and as many predicted Luffy had to go to gear 3 in fighting Lucci. In my opinion Lucci is at Luffy's level in many aspects. i totally agree with you- there is no way in hell Luffy can defeat aokiji unless there are more gears he can go to. do you remember- the guy's power is just too ridiculous- he can freeze the ocean to the nearest island and even more. whew!!! i think he is one of the ultimate warriors- ''brick Wall"- that will always stand in Luffys way. i just pray they never meet him until luffy gets stronger.

But i am really glad that CP9 has become soo useful. They have provided an effective launching pad for the whole crew to hone in their strength and bond. Look at Nami- we all know she was just lucky- but i am sure proud she has come this far. Chopper in crazy beast mode; reminds me of Kyuubi Naruto 4 tails. and lets not forget even luffy learned something from them for his gear 2 technique. Gooo Roku Shiki Users. i cant hate this guys like all the other bad guys. i mean you gotta love kaku and kalifa

DesiSkull
August 03, 2006, 07:34 PM
I doudt if there is gonna be anymore higher Gears than 3.. luffy will defeat him either with gear 3 .. when lucci lowers his guards or when luffy catches him off guard.. and another one of the Gear3 attck should finish lucci off..
and yeh.. we all know luffy is still far behind to be fighting with Aokji.. but luffy is bound to get stronger.. but not right now.. he already got stronger ffightingh with CP9.. so here what i think.. from now [ after they get off this island] things are gonna get even harder for SHC [ straw hate crew ].. meaning puttin them in the risk whereever they go.. they all gonna have bounty on their heads.. and wherever tthey will be going.. they will be chased.. durin that we should be seeing how luffy and the others get stronger than they are now...
ofc i could be totally wrong :p

Kilik
August 06, 2006, 10:54 AM
I have a question...what happens when a DF user dies, what becomes of the devil fruit, because they are very rare and probably one of a kind, so do they materialize back on a great DF tree or are the powers just gone forever?

DesiSkull
August 09, 2006, 03:40 AM
i dont think thts been shown yet... we can only make predcitions of it.. but i wouldnt know where to begin.. its probably just like a normal death thingy.. u just die.. and thts it..

ChojinRa
September 08, 2006, 11:13 PM
I was wondering if they already prepared for Aokji... I can't help but think Gear 2nd will be important in that fight, since it basically speeds up his body functions to a point of hyperactivity that he starts smoking. Shishio, anyone?

Nagash
September 14, 2006, 02:25 PM
his body basically heats up at gear 2nd, so already has uses against Aokji, thou Aokji can obviously cool down and disable that technique. they kinda cancel each other out. I think the gears though will be kinda like in DBZ with the super sayian levels. there perhaps will be another level for each major arch. Will be fun to see a full sized Gear 3rd Luffy though if they do an arch at Elbaf (i think that was the giants island name).

thing i'm thinking about atm thou is Zoro's swords. I know it was only in one panel of last weeks manga, but one of the marine captains had some weird unidentified power that seemed to simply crack and break one of his swords... i think it was the black one if i remember correctly... Then in some panels after that, he was using some other sword in place of it, which appeared to be one of the marines swords.

So what kinda sword is Zoro gonna have next.

Well my theroy is that Franky won't be the only new Strawhat pirate in the next arch (lets face it, frankys joining, and i'll be upset if he doesn't ;)). That elephant (i forget it's name) that ate the Sword Fruit maybe will become a new member of the Strawhat crew as well, but kinda a sub-member like Carue was for Vivi, this Elephant will be Zoro's sub-member, maybe offering some slight comedy, like pestering Zoro while he sleeps ;) ... that is if an elephant being on a pirate ship isn't comedy enough. we already have a raindeer, so why not an elephant :D

the elephant has already kinda betrayed it's owner, so if it escapes the island, i can't see it still being part of the world government/marines/whatever. So maybe the only way off the island is with the strawhats, maybe via franky, who used it to flattern spandam.

Otherwise i suppose we'll have another moment of zoro buying a sword, since for any major battlehe's gonna need 3 proper swords.

what are other ppl's opinions on this or do you have any other ideas of what'll happen to that sword or it's replacement, if it really does need replacing

SskillzX
September 14, 2006, 08:18 PM
Elephants can swim ?!?!?!

ChojinRa
September 14, 2006, 09:59 PM
They did in Disney's Tarzan, I think...

I think I can see the elephant as a sword... of course, that's if they get off that island. I know they will, but since last chapter, they're being handled like red headed step children...

Nagash
September 15, 2006, 01:50 PM
not ones that have eaten a devils fruit :D but yeah they can in real life ;)

anywayz, it was on the bridge right? where they are fighting? i don't recall it being elsewhere

ChojinRa
September 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ah, it was a bridge. My bad, that weird door-gate thingy throws me off...

Kratos
September 19, 2006, 10:03 PM
how could Roger wrote the message in the golden bell (the one that was in the sky) didnt they said that nobody knew where it was and why Roger didnt tell to the raiders?

ChojinRa
September 20, 2006, 12:14 AM
I think they were saying that Roger was such a badass, he made it to sky piea as well, and left his mark. I'm guessing.

lonewolf
October 17, 2006, 06:51 PM
Any one ever wonder...
why the hell did Oda waste the Elephant fruit on a dumb sword?
( it's elephant fruit, ppl. not Sword fruit.......which Mr.1 took already )

this is bugging me as much as the WOLF fruit
that stupid CP9 did not use it right

Oda should let me have the WOLF fruit
and i am sure i can be a better killer than him....

Sarmad
October 21, 2006, 06:14 PM
The elephantsword is totally gay -.-
I really don't get how weapons can eat devilfruits Oo .. Or did an Elephant eat a sword devils fruit?

Natan
October 24, 2006, 03:14 PM
holy mother of all craps =) this is an mega combo ultra spoiller =)

gian
October 24, 2006, 06:52 PM
ULTRA MEGA SPOILER! :XD

*tells his friends*

But now I wonder why Garp is Monkey, Dragon is Monkey, Luffy is Monkey and Ace is Portgas?

Lohnt
October 24, 2006, 09:40 PM
ULTRA MEGA SPOILER! :XD

*tells his friends*

But now I wonder why Garp is Monkey, Ragon is Monkey, Luffy is Monkey and Ace is Portgas?

***CLARIFICATION*****

His name is not D. Ragon, his name is Monkey D Dragon, do not confuse what was a previously posted theory with the facts, the facts are that his name is Monkey D Dragon, try to keep it straight, I appologize for even mentioning D. Ragon, but that is not his name.

jinsomnia
October 30, 2006, 11:54 PM
I was wondering if they already prepared for Aokji... I can't help but think Gear 2nd will be important in that fight, since it basically speeds up his body functions to a point of hyperactivity that he starts smoking. Shishio, anyone?

i dun think luffy will fight Aokiji.... Fire Fist Ace will beat him for good.[br]Posted on: October 30, 2006, 11:46:05 PM_________________________________________________

his body basically heats up at gear 2nd, so already has uses against Aokji, thou Aokji can obviously cool down and disable that technique. they kinda cancel each other out. I think the gears though will be kinda like in DBZ with the super sayian levels. there perhaps will be another level for each major arch. Will be fun to see a full sized Gear 3rd Luffy though if they do an arch at Elbaf (i think that was the giants island name).

thing i'm thinking about atm thou is Zoro's swords. I know it was only in one panel of last weeks manga, but one of the marine captains had some weird unidentified power that seemed to simply crack and break one of his swords... i think it was the black one if i remember correctly... Then in some panels after that, he was using some other sword in place of it, which appeared to be one of the marines swords.

So what kinda sword is Zoro gonna have next.

Well my theroy is that Franky won't be the only new Strawhat pirate in the next arch (lets face it, frankys joining, and i'll be upset if he doesn't ;)). That elephant (i forget it's name) that ate the Sword Fruit maybe will become a new member of the Strawhat crew as well, but kinda a sub-member like Carue was for Vivi, this Elephant will be Zoro's sub-member, maybe offering some slight comedy, like pestering Zoro while he sleeps ;) ... that is if an elephant being on a pirate ship isn't comedy enough. we already have a raindeer, so why not an elephant :D

the elephant has already kinda betrayed it's owner, so if it escapes the island, i can't see it still being part of the world government/marines/whatever. So maybe the only way off the island is with the strawhats, maybe via franky, who used it to flattern spandam.

Otherwise i suppose we'll have another moment of zoro buying a sword, since for any major battlehe's gonna need 3 proper swords.

what are other ppl's opinions on this or do you have any other ideas of what'll happen to that sword or it's replacement, if it really does need replacing

zoro dont have any money... maybe in the next sub-arc zoro will found a new sword. like a legend katana in an island or underwater? that would be cool.

he has a memory katana (own by his died friend), a bad luck katana (given at the shop), why not something made by the same material as mihawk's ? -> a legendary katana.. :-)

craziii
October 31, 2006, 10:33 AM
they sort of explained it in the manga. the chibi is the after affect of using gear 3, not gear 3 it self :() gear 2, lucci explained it as in speeding up the blood circulation in luffy's body. don't know how that translates into jet attacks though.

_baka_
November 02, 2006, 04:22 AM
I don't think Mihawk had a katana it looked more like a bastard...

Hawkuro
November 02, 2006, 11:53 AM
Okay dudes, I think I know what the One Piece is. I'll start where I began to assume this:

Robin's been studying the poneglyphs, but none of them so far have mentioned anything about the missing history. All they speak of are weapons. Then, in Sky Piea, she reads the one that has Gold Roger's signature on it, and it says that not only did he read it and understand it, but that he was then moving on to the next thing. So, I think that Gold Roger found how to create all the weapons, or actually did make them, and that the One Piece is just a collaboration of all the ancient weapons. It would explain why the World Government wanted him dead so badly and why whoever finds it automatically becomes the Pirate King.

Luffy with an array of giant weapons... I don´t really think so.

mu3izz
November 15, 2006, 06:00 AM
i keep reading about how frankys going to join the strawhats but.. i think he wont, cuz 1. he has his franky family to stay with and 2. theyre going to get a ship made from the adam tree thing so they wont really need a carpenter. plus, although franky is SUPER (and not just this week), he seems too individual.. i cant really see him fitting in.. i duno tell me what u think, bitches :P

deathshadow25
November 22, 2006, 06:56 PM
i keep reading about how frankys going to join the strawhats but.. i think he wont, cuz 1. he has his franky family to stay with and 2. theyre going to get a ship made from the adam tree thing so they wont really need a carpenter. plus, although franky is SUPER (and not just this week), he seems too individual.. i cant really see him fitting in.. i duno tell me what u think, bitches :P

well i be thinkin that franky is gunna join da strawhats cuz da strawhats need a carpenta cuz ya kno dat world govament thing is just gunna ya know keep attackin dem right so da ship is gunna get dose holes and dat franky is gunna fix'em iight biz 2 da nach[br]Posted on: November 22, 2006, 06:52:46 PM_________________________________________________btw i need a girlfriend cuz i'm spending to many hours reading manga and not enough time making out with some chick

JeffDoogins
November 23, 2006, 04:26 AM
yeah ah hey..... just wondering why OP is having a couple of breaks throughout the weeks

......ah....you guys have read the latest OP havnt you?

darknitemarch
November 23, 2006, 07:07 PM
hmm... for a mega convo, this doesn't seem so...mega.

but thats okay!

just thinking and this is a bit random, but...

maybe whitebeard's name is Edwar D. Newgate? (with the D being a middle initial, like Gol D. Roger)

weixiaobao
November 25, 2006, 08:04 PM
hmm... for a mega convo, this doesn't seem so...mega.

but thats okay!

just thinking and this is a bit random, but...

maybe whitebeard's name is Edwar D. Newgate? (with the D being a middle initial, like Gol D. Roger)

I hope not, the more D made thing less unique. Bc there are only a handful of people with D (excluded the Giant's family) that why we love people with D in their name.

otaclub_87
November 25, 2006, 11:41 PM
newgate are not suit to wear D on his name....he is just a big old man who luckily become the 4 emperor...dun really the character...sorry,,,

weixiaobao
November 26, 2006, 06:47 PM
newgate are not suit to wear D on his name....he is just a big old man who luckily become the 4 emperor...dun really the character...sorry,,,

dun really ____ the character , sorry (like?)
I agree that he is not suit a D. But I think there is more to him than what we had seen so far.

otaclub_87
November 28, 2006, 10:17 AM
yep..sorry..its kinda delete...its (like) what i mean..

maybe..we've just seen him twice so long...so there;s a lot of possibilty where Oda want to develop the character...

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, maybe White Beard turn out to be another luffy because Shank accidentally hit his head kinda hard making him baka....

otaclub_87
November 28, 2006, 10:38 PM
tommorow is thursday.yeahhhhhhhhhh

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 10:40 PM
tommorow is thursday.yeahhhhhhhhhh

wednesday!!! Pre-raw day, or part-raw day!!!

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 10:15 AM
i'm getting impatient..ahaha...waiting sure is boring..

oh yeah..what island will be visited by luffy next...
the one which are mentioned before in the story, must be visited...or else oda won't metioned it...

merman island---impel down--erbaf---zorro's hometown--..........................--raftel

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
I don't think Mihawk had a katana it looked more like a bastard...

His sword is a Grosses messer..

It's been obvious from the getgo that Franky's going to join the Straw Hats.. He's the most unique and strongest shipwright in Water 7, the pupil of the greatest shipwright in history, he has bounty now, and he's a weirdass funny motherf@#%er.. He'll fit right in. Especially with Luffy, Sogeking and Chopper -- I can see the four of them running around the ship like tards..

wednesday!!! Pre-raw day, or part-raw day!!!

Do the monkey with meh *dances*

Absolutio
December 23, 2006, 05:31 AM
oh yeah..what island will be visited by luffy next...
the one which are mentioned before in the story, must be visited...or else oda won't metioned it...

merman island---impel down--erbaf---zorro's hometown--..........................--raftel

Zoro is from East Blue.. :P

Ginny-N
December 25, 2006, 01:10 PM
Zoro is from East Blue.. :P

We don't know. He start his trip before Luffy and... you know how is his sense of direction.... Maybe is from the Grand Line, who's knows?

Ok, Oda knows, but, apart of him!

Absolutio
December 26, 2006, 04:55 PM
We don't know. He start his trip before Luffy and... you know how is his sense of direction.... Maybe is from the Grand Line, who's knows?

Ok, Oda knows, but, apart of him!

He is from East Blue. It's been said. Zoro wondered that Sanji was from West Blue and said "Since you were at East Blue, I thought you're from there as the rest of us"..

deathshadow25
December 27, 2006, 09:58 PM
He is from East Blue. It's been said. Zoro wondered that Sanji was from West Blue and said "Since you were at East Blue, I thought you're from there as the rest of us"..

hE COULD HAVE MEANT THAT HE WAS IN THE GERERAL AREA

Absolutio
December 29, 2006, 07:29 AM
hE COULD HAVE MEANT THAT HE WAS IN THE GERERAL AREA

No. If he meant from the general area, then sanji would've applied to it too.
(woot.. notices its his 100th post, woot! Full member =D )

Kalkoen
January 18, 2007, 07:22 AM
If Zoro was from the Grand Line he would have said so. He's not rly a misterious character. But if he was from the grand line it's probly cuz he got lost big time :P

Ginny-N
January 18, 2007, 11:53 AM
If Zoro was from the Grand Line he would have said so. He's not rly a misterious character. But if he was from the grand line it's probly cuz he got lost big time :P

In chapter 440 was revealed he's in fact from the the East Blue, so, problem solved

Kamikage
January 20, 2007, 10:47 PM
In chapter 440 was revealed he's in fact from the the East Blue, so, problem solved

^^ He learned the arts of the sword in a dojo in East Blue, ^^ doesn't necessarily mean that he's born there. ^^ I myself find Sanji and Zoro kinda mysterious, we know less of there familys then anybody else of the Mugiwaras... Zoro probably is a marimo who happen to look like a human.. tabun >:Ð

bakashijinsan
January 25, 2007, 09:06 AM
I think it really doesn't matter anymore where Zoro or Sanji came from since they have established a home from where they came from (Zoro, from the Dojo and Sanji from Baratie). I believe that that is their history and anything regarding their true homes or past would show little relevance on how they are as of the moment.

but seriously, I do believe that Zoro is from East Blue. As of the moment I believe that unless Oda writes it in a way like he blurts out that he's from another region of the world like how Sanji did so in order to give weight to Norland's story.

deathshadow25
February 11, 2007, 01:34 AM
One Piece Rocks

Realize that thie new Nakama will be a musician and LUffy will probably say thats it no more new Nakama before we arrive at super islands.

Schwindelmagier
March 03, 2007, 07:13 AM
Would Luffy really say "No new nakama till we reached the Island where the One Piece is (I guess you meant this island, right?)."
He even asked the Zombies on Ghost island to join his crew xD. I guess every strange person he would see, he will ask. he even asked Iceburg-san.
Maybe he will come up with a new idea what kinf of nakama is left after they got a musician.

Red-Haired Shanks
March 24, 2007, 05:58 AM
Could be an acrobatic or something like that :D

inconnunom
March 30, 2007, 04:00 AM
Nobody seems to be discussin anything :P

My thoughts?

We saw zoro get his sword eaten away so he has to find his 3rd meaningful sword I think Oda thought that the one shopkeeper giving his sowrd up was a dumb idea so he used the one navy guy to melt the sword. I mean think about it for a second. Zoro never really got close or connectd with the sword at all. Perhaps the demon one will become even more demon like now that these spirits are roaming around. Again though, I think Chopper will shine in this mini/arc showing he is a serious player in this game.

Zoro will get his new sword from the Guardian shown in chapter 450. The same guardian that pushed Ussopp's team into the laboratory. Even better reasoning that he know the layout of the halls so well, where as zoro easily gets lost.

I think Dr. zombiemakerguy, will end up facing off with chopper. Sanji will have to fight the liony lookin guy along with franky because they need more team-up time. Likewise I think Nami and Ussopp will face the ghosty girly because they both need to face their fears of ghosts. Sanji can't fight her cause she's a girl and it was shown that he OBVIOUSLY will NEVER fight a girl with his loss to the soap soap girl. And I think franky wont beable to fight her cause he does physical attacks and she's a ghost. (though fire might help.) And it give ussopp a chance to come up with new ideas and stradegy to use against ghosts. (powder, or fire, or something).

I think we will also see Luffy go really heavily into Gear 3 if not 4 (which might be a combination of gear 3 and 2 so its like a really strong giant body). I can see him having to be a REAL giant in order to take on Moria. (maybe not actually be a real giant, but at least hitting like one). It really depends on how large this arc is. Im sure it will be a smaller one after the last one we saw. If it is, I can expect that maybe Luffy will learn a thing or two from Moria and ultimately have to defeat him but not really perfect gear 3/4. (Assuming the gear 3 we see now isnt perfected)
As far as Robin's roll I see her more as a side character in this arc. (though we love her to death) we had plenty of her last story arc (like the ENTIRE ARC). so she'll prolly sit on the back burner for a while. I'm not entirely sure how she's going to help in this one. I think that If for some reason Ussopp's party cant make it outside, then Robin will take the place of zombie pwner. and the rest of luffy's party (excluding zoro and luffy) will take care of the ghost girl and the leapard guy.

(by the way if you cant tell i copied and pasted this response in the 450 predictions also)

Please, don't paste the same post in 2 different places.

Luckas
March 30, 2007, 05:32 AM
About this thread: it is true that it hasn't a lot of activity lately, but his purpose is explained below:

"In here you can randomly talk about practically anything involving the One Piece universe. Anything that comes to mind that you don't really feel like starting a thread about in the Tree of Knowledge."

Kikuna992
April 13, 2007, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know or can work out how long Luffy's journey has taken? From when he sets off in his little boat until he lands on thriller Bark. Or is One Piece one of those manga, which no one ages in. Cos it seems Luffy's done a hell of a lot of adventures in a short space of time.

Absolutio
April 14, 2007, 05:05 AM
their journey does suppose to take time, but since there are anime fillers and their cruising time is always cut up, so it's hard to make an assumption of how much time they're traveling.. But this is a good question to ask Oda sensei.. maybe some japanese guy can.. O_o

ANBU4U
April 19, 2007, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know or can work out how long Luffy's journey has taken? From when he sets off in his little boat until he lands on thriller Bark. Or is One Piece one of those manga, which no one ages in. Cos it seems Luffy's done a hell of a lot of adventures in a short space of time.

Great question! Its difficult because of the sailing time...but we know it can be weeks between GL islands. But to balance that out huge arcs the the CP9 Saga were only a week or two...

For a completely off the wall esitmate I'd say...about 2 years on the outside. Probably only one.
It's still a pretty new crew, even counting the oldest members.

P.S.- Brooke will probably be the first Straw Hat to have never sailed on Merry. Itll be like a christening of the Sunny Go.

borhan
April 21, 2007, 01:56 PM
brilliant question.im not even think about it.either way its almost approx a year.since there is still long way to go and luffy face is not change at all.oda still have thousand of twisting plot and this will continue on another 5 years in real world.

MDLatqp
April 22, 2007, 11:54 AM
That would be an interesting project, putting together a comprehensive One Piece time-line I mean. Maybe it's already been done on the web somewhere. I imagine google has the answer.

Grape
April 25, 2007, 12:42 PM
As we can see from the latest chapter, it seems that many of the zombies who have been modified by Dr. Hogback have the same abilities as some of our heroes. That can be assumed because the "other intruder" seems to be Brooke, the humming swordsman, who it looks like had his abilities almost copied (or mirrored through his shadow, maybe). Thus, it can be assumed that by maybe sewing a shadow to a zombie (in a very peter pan fashion), the zombies can become like other people. This would explain the Sanji-like Doguin and the Zoro-like geezer zombie.

The only questions left are, a) Does Moria steal the shadows and Hogback use them on zombies? and b) Do the strawhats need another swordsman (Brooke)?

MDLatqp
April 28, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure what to make of the ability to remove someone's shadow. On the one hand, it seems a likely candidate for an akuma no mi, since it is so unique. And except for this part of the Grand Line (where it's so foggy), losing one's shadow anywhere (in a battle for example), would almost always mean instant death. Then again, it's possible that Hogback has somehow developed a procedure to remove them, and Gecko Moria has some other akuma no mi (or none at all, and is simply a giant). For some reason, I get the feeling it's an akuma no mi that makes it possible to steal shadows from people, rather than a process. We'll eventually find out, but that what I'm thinking.

As for your second question Grape, oh most assuredly. And rather than look at it from the perspective of needing another swordsman or not, look at it from the perspective of needing another crewman or not (which he does). And quite honestly, I sincerely hope that Brooke will join the crew (Cerberus too, but every chapter leads me to believe more and more that that hope is in vain....).

arlong
May 03, 2007, 11:59 PM
about brooke joining the mugiwaras i belive it would be so cool, because although franky sings with a guitar, he isn't a real musician, and that's what luffy has been lookinf for from the beginning and as you can see brooke is actually a musician, he would make a great addition to the crew for that ability after that i don't really know what they will be after, but we'll just have to wait.

now on to another subject i care, buugy the clown, i just love that villain how has he managed to travel around grand line being shown as a weakling in the first chapters, damn maybe we'll see other old time villains joining to his crew, villains with thair whereabouts are unknown like kuro, arlong, don krieg, even though i can predict that arlong or something related to him will be shown sooner, cause the mugiwaras were heading to the merman/maid land.

MDLatqp
May 04, 2007, 12:49 AM
arlong mentioned Pell in one of the other threads, and that got me to thinking. While in Arabasta, Pell mentioned that his akuma no mi (the tori tori no mi, model: falcon) is "one of only five types of flying ability known throughout the world." Anyone think that might foreshadow something REALLY cool later? Or did he just mean there were five akuma no mis that were known to be zoan fruits of different birds or something? What does everyone think?
Also speaking of Arabasta, in episode 102, Luffy, Zoro, and Chopper stumbled upon an underground chamber that appeared to have a poneglyph in it. Has that ever been referenced anywhere else? I can't recall myself....

Xarcer
May 07, 2007, 01:45 AM
couldnt he have pumped his muscles and after they were so big htey had to "rest" so they got smaller than before.. and thats why he was so strong?:s
[hr]

That would be an interesting project, putting together a comprehensive One Piece time-line I mean. Maybe it's already been done on the web somewhere. I imagine google has the answer.

From using Norland's Log book as a guide, it is possible to work out the current storyline of One Piece takes place in the year 1522.
Despite the lack of modern technology, Luffy mentions a laser, which is a modern word created in the late 20th century. Also, some navy soldiers own fax machines. Plus, Franky modified himself into a cyborg, something that is not available even in modern day technology.
Due to the nature of the Grand Line, each islands progress varies. Some islands like Little Garden are set back in prehistoric times allowing dinosaurs to survive, while others like Water 7 remain highly advanced with modern technology. Various factors play a part in the contributation of an islands progression such as Log Pose time change, the islands dangers and environmental conditions. These conditions on an island may also change any time, an example being Water 7, which originally cut off due to Sea Kings and suffered heavy from a lack of trade until the inventation of the Sea Train.

this is copy pasted from wikipedia. there is also a time line before the story.. these facts ^ can explain why no one's face changed. maybe the air and climat has done somthing

Kikuna992
May 07, 2007, 07:37 AM
Xarcer can you give me a link for that I can't find it on Wikipedia.

MDLatqp
May 07, 2007, 10:52 AM
Has anyone noticed how in Chapter 434, Whitebeard mentions that's it's been 22 years since the time of Gol D. Roger (since he's been killed)? Since we also know that Roger was killed 22 years before the very beginning of the story, does that mean that all of Luffy's adventures have taken less than a year? Less than six months maybe (otherwise Whitebeard probably would've rounded up or something)? Any thoughts?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure someone's asked this before, but I'd just like to see what everyone thinks.

Xarcer
May 07, 2007, 01:13 PM
Xarcer can you give me a link for that I can't find it on Wikipedia.

i searched for... One piece timeline or smthing like taht ^^

ANBU4U
May 07, 2007, 03:27 PM
about brooke joining the mugiwaras i belive it would be so cool, because although franky sings with a guitar, he isn't a real musician, and that's what luffy has been lookinf for from the beginning and as you can see brooke is actually a musician, he would make a great addition to the crew for that ability after that i don't really know what they will be after, but we'll just have to wait.

now on to another subject i care, buugy the clown, i just love that villain how has he managed to travel around grand line being shown as a weakling in the first chapters, damn maybe we'll see other old time villains joining to his crew, villains with thair whereabouts are unknown like kuro, arlong, don krieg, even though i can predict that arlong or something related to him will be shown sooner, cause the mugiwaras were heading to the merman/maid land.

Buggy, Buggy, Buggy. I've wondered about him.

Being one of the two members we know that remain of Gol. D. Rogers old crew he CANT fade into obscurity like Arlong.....but he's just no Shanks. The way the Mugiwara are improving I just dont see how Buggy can hope to make good on his vendetta against Luffy. He better get all of luffy's old opponents..including Eneru.
[hr]

couldnt he have pumped his muscles and after they were so big htey had to "rest" so they got smaller than before.. and thats why he was so strong?:s
<hr noshade size="1">

From using Norland's Log book as a guide, it is possible to work out the current storyline of One Piece takes place in the year 1522.
Despite the lack of modern technology, Luffy mentions a laser, which is a modern word created in the late 20th century. Also, some navy soldiers own fax machines. Plus, Franky modified himself into a cyborg, something that is not available even in modern day technology.
Due to the nature of the Grand Line, each islands progress varies. Some islands like Little Garden are set back in prehistoric times allowing dinosaurs to survive, while others like Water 7 remain highly advanced with modern technology. Various factors play a part in the contributation of an islands progression such as Log Pose time change, the islands dangers and environmental conditions. These conditions on an island may also change any time, an example being Water 7, which originally cut off due to Sea Kings and suffered heavy from a lack of trade until the inventation of the Sea Train.

this is copy pasted from wikipedia. there is also a time line before the story.. these facts ^ can explain why no one's face changed. maybe the air and climat has done somthing

The wiki timeline is for everything up to a year b4 the first arc...so it really doesnt help figure out how long its been since luffy set out.

Also....I mean their faces havent changed because they COULDNT have been on the seas for mare than 2 years. lol....not the tropical weather.

arlong
May 07, 2007, 05:00 PM
i was playing one piece gran adventure and i wondered, what if buggy defeats mihawk or something like that before zoro does, could it be possible, i mean buggy cannot be defeated by a swordman, but that's jusst something we'll see in the future.

ANBU4U
May 08, 2007, 05:32 PM
i was playing one piece gran adventure and i wondered, what if buggy defeats mihawk or something like that before zoro does, could it be possible, i mean buggy cannot be defeated by a swordman, but that's jusst something we'll see in the future.

hahaha. Buggy wouldnt even look at Mihawk if they met.

Xarcer
May 09, 2007, 01:06 AM
u mean mihawk wouldnt even look at buggy?

ANBU4U
May 10, 2007, 10:06 AM
u mean mihawk wouldnt even look at buggy?

Well its possible he wouldnt in disgust...

But shouldnt he see him and be like "I remember you from Roger's old crew?"

Xarcer
May 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
if ruffy/luffy could beat him in his early stage then millhawk wouldnt even think about him, he's no threat and is nothing millhawk would bother about

ANBU4U
May 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
if ruffy/luffy could beat him in his early stage then millhawk wouldnt even think about him, he's no threat and is nothing millhawk would bother about

Well obviously, but that doesnt mean he wouldnt note his presence.

And never refrence the 4kids dub. ever. lol

bakashijinsan
May 20, 2007, 11:12 AM
Has anyone noticed how in Chapter 434, Whitebeard mentions that's it's been 22 years since the time of Gol D. Roger (since he's been killed)? Since we also know that Roger was killed 22 years before the very beginning of the story, does that mean that all of Luffy's adventures have taken less than a year? Less than six months maybe (otherwise Whitebeard probably would've rounded up or something)? Any thoughts?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure someone's asked this before, but I'd just like to see what everyone thinks.

There was a theory that was presented by readers in APforums on how long has it been since Luffy and the gang journeyed to Grand Line. What I've read was the Moon Theory. There was another one which I haven't read yet. You can go to Arlong Park Forums to see.

From what it says, the entire journey from Ussop's village up to this point is just roughly 40 days :blink
It's an interseting theory with some convincing evidence.

ANBU4U
May 20, 2007, 10:16 PM
There was a theory that was presented by readers in APforums on how long has it been since Luffy and the gang journeyed to Grand Line. What I've read was the Moon Theory. There was another one which I haven't read yet. You can go to Arlong Park Forums to see.

From what it says, the entire journey from Ussop's village up to this point is just roughly 40 days :blink
It's an interseting theory with some convincing evidence.

40 days?!?! I knew it was less than a year...but 40 days seems ridiculous for the amount of stuff thats taken place...wow.

What a month right?

Kikuna992
May 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
They say 40 days but how can Kobi and Helmeppo become mature in such a short time? Sure they may have had a growth spurt but does it only take 40 days to learn soru. I think Lucci said rokushiki can only be acheived after years of training. 40 days can't be right???

ANBU4U
May 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
They say 40 days but how can Kobi and Helmeppo become mature in such a short time? Sure they may have had a growth spurt but does it only take 40 days to learn soru. I think Lucci said rokushiki can only be acheived after years of training. 40 days can't be right???

That is shady, but soru is arguably the easiest technique to pick up....the most telling part is as you said, their growth. NO ONE grows like those two did in 40 days! Especially not Coby...I mean come on! Even Oda wouldnt do that.

ahfei
May 22, 2007, 03:24 PM
The only thing we can do now is to count day by day from the manga, considering day and night. Any math geek here?

zelllogan
May 22, 2007, 03:52 PM
a french site have done that. It's approximatively 70 days in total

http://www.volonte-d.com/details/temps.php

Kikuna992
May 23, 2007, 11:30 AM
Omg it all works out. 70 days? That still sounds short but the French sight was convincing. I'm going to have to conclude that time in the one piece world is not time as we know it in our world. Very few mangas have had strict time enforced. The writer of another manga Kochikame said, in one of his chapters, that in the manga world, :eyeroll time morphs at the will of the writer and should not be taken seriously.

I was just wondering I think I remember Buggy looking for the lost treasure of Captain John on an Island with a Skull shaped rock formation... Could this Captain John be the same person as the zombie Captain John, the one who is constantly drinking??? Give me your thoughts on it...

ANBU4U
May 26, 2007, 08:30 PM
Omg it all works out. 70 days? That still sounds short but the French sight was convincing. I'm going to have to conclude that time in the one piece world is not time as we know it in our world. Very few mangas have had strict time enforced. The writer of another manga Kochikame said, in one of his chapters, that in the manga world, :eyeroll time morphs at the will of the writer and should not be taken seriously.

I was just wondering I think I remember Buggy looking for the lost treasure of Captain John on an Island with a Skull shaped rock formation... Could this Captain John be the same person as the zombie Captain John, the one who is constantly drinking??? Give me your thoughts on it...

That was brought up some time ago. Given Oda's knack for forshadowing it seems likely.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
you cant really count it just by the manga, coz there are fillers that take time too. and 70 days sounds way too short! it's because all the time on the ship, when they're just traveling from one island to another, is not being shown (coz nothing happens.. :p)

HikaruYami
May 29, 2007, 07:35 AM
You CANNOT count fillers in the time of an anime. Fillers do not exist. I promise, anyone who thinks a single second passes in a filler is an idiot. Only the manga holds any power in the timeline of a series like this, where the anime chooses to follow so closely the storyline of the manga.

And I still say that drinking-all-the-time zombie is related to Doctorine somehow... it's too obvious... but I guess it's possible he hid a treasure on that island.

Oh, and for any other people who suggest that you have to factor in sea travel, I'm 95% positive that Oda has already said that it takes no more than a day of travel to get from one island to another. (maybe not even a day for some? I can't remember) Sheesh, find out these things before posting previously disproven theories >> 70 days sounds right, and their "plus or minus 2" makes it sound more realistic, because there's still a chance that they miscalculated a TINY bit. Don't forget, just because One Piece has been going on for almost 10 years doesn't mean it needs anywhere near that much time in-storyline. If just take the number of chapters and average how many chapters it takes for a day to pass (especially in major action arcs, like Skypeia and Enies' Lobby), you shouldn't come out with any more than 100 anyway, and that's because it's a very rough estimation (that's about how much I thought it was, but I choose now to believe that French site absolutely)

Next time, express your opinion more kindly.

HASJ
June 28, 2007, 09:49 PM
70 days?! It can't be, I think it's been at least 2years... Common... Would the WG let Lufy and his crew go from 30millions to 600millions berrys in only 70days? I think they would go like crazy to take them down...
Plus there's the Cobby and Meppo growth...

I know that the Ennies Lobby take 1 day to get concluded, even though it was almost 2years here (IRL)... But not so sure that the Alabasta saga would get concluded in less than 50 days...

Schabrak
July 02, 2007, 05:27 AM
It can't be less than 2 years.-_- I think thay said something like this in the last episodes with Luffy's grandpa.
And remember: they do not sail with an engine, so they could have sailed for many weeks till they come to another isle.

Krisel
July 09, 2007, 03:13 PM
Making a chronology of Luffy's journey isnt necessary for us cuz evry One Piece mystery or unexplained thing is made by Oda to make it more interesting and giving us space for imagination.Oda is very clever,so if he hasnt explained smth then ppl can debate and imagine [brain workout :)] what really happend.
The world of One Piece is fantasy,it isnt reality.Enel has landed on Moon and has no problem in breathing O2,the Spacey's went on Moon using ballon's,none die's even they are beaten up pretty badly etc.Why the Strawhat's can't have sailed for 70 days?Evrything its possible there.Even cuz for 70 days Luffy's crew had a bounty over 600 mil(including Luffy),they are the future Pirate King's crew damnit!

JC123
July 15, 2007, 04:50 AM
Er, Coby grew up a LOT in 70 days if that's the case...

And people do die just not main characters.

Kamikage
July 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
My brother have seen a interview about one piece on youtube, and they asked about the timeline there, and I think my brother told me they said that it's been seven months from series start to were they are now. It's still less than I thought it would be, but lots more than 70 days.

theshizzle
July 25, 2007, 04:56 PM
This has been said probably a million times but i just started to get into OP, but why is Luffy like Mr. Fantastic but much cooler than MF??

Kamikage
August 07, 2007, 12:34 PM
Because MF thinks alot and Luffy goes on instinct... MF likes science, Luffy likes meat. MF rather talk than fight, and Luffy rather fight than talk... the list goes on

Splat
August 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
Luffy isn't at all like MF. MF has the ability to stretch, Luffy is a rubber man, the difference is that if you stretch rubber, it pings back to it's original size, hence why his punches are so powerful, because he has his own strength, plus the extra speed gained from his rubber retracting. Also, MF can stretch himself out and stay that way, because he isn't rubber and there is no tension trying to ping him back to his original state, which is why Luffy can't remain stretched out. Although thinking about this, it may be possible that by becoming really strong, Luffy could use his strength to stop his rubber retracting, and therefore be able to stretch like MF, but this would be a pretty useless skill, since he would just be really lanky, and less strong, since he's using all his strength to remain stretched.

pcxxy
August 13, 2007, 09:27 PM
fyi: i've grown from 100lb to 140lb through 2 months of intensive eating (traumatizing childhood memories...), so i believe cobi can change so much after 2 months of intensive training ;p

patrick_tambu
September 14, 2007, 12:39 AM
Is there anyone who could tell me what is about Ace?
And Shank fighting Whitebeard?
The hell!!! Oda could have told us about one of this stories, at least!!!

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
I thought about it. Past tense. I've already figured out what happened to Ace, and we already know that Shanks and WB aren't really fighting. Myself, I care more about the pressing arc at hand. That and Donflamingo. Damn it, why are you so cool/mysterious!

Absolutio
September 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
I thought about it. Past tense. I've already figured out what happened to Ace, and we already know that Shanks and WB aren't really fighting. Myself, I care more about the pressing arc at hand. That and Donflamingo. Damn it, why are you so cool/mysterious!

Lol.. you sounded like Gai in the chuunin exams, when he thought, "Damn you Kakashi! How can you ignore me in such a cool way?!" or something like that.. :D

Well, about Ace, there are lots of theories going on, but they are just theories. If you want, you can go to the tree of knowledge to take a look at them. =D

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 08:49 AM
I think the final chapter of Ace v. BB created a scream of fangirls around the world that exceeded 1000 dB.

retsudo
October 17, 2007, 11:25 PM
I think the final chapter of Ace v. BB created a scream of fangirls around the world that exceeded 1000 dB.

You mean over 1000 "damn you Blackbeard"?
Anyway, it's kinda off-topic but do you reckon we will get a flashback of Gol D. Roger's epic moments? like how Shanks got that mark and how he got captured (probably sacrificed himself for his nakama or something).

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:06 AM
I don't know if we really need BB slashing Shanks's eye...or Roger getting deaded.

MDLatqp
October 18, 2007, 11:29 AM
On the contrary, I'd love to see some more back story. Shame on you for not wanting to check that out. And you're totally simplifying; there's undoubtedly WAY more to both of those events, as I'm sure you'd agree.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 04:35 PM
...fine, I just didn't think that either would advance the plot any, or truly be that interesting, although it would show us how Shanks fights.

retsudo
October 18, 2007, 07:56 PM
If those flashbacks were to happen, it would be for good reasons.
Like, showing how dirty and cheap Blackbeard was, even when he was little or maybe Shanks will compare how Luffy cares about his nakama with Gol.
Btw, this is kinda off topic but did we get told that Perona ate a devils fruit? because in the wikipedia it says she her df name is horo horo fruit.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 07:59 PM
Actually, yeah. It never says that she did, I agree. But Wiki isn't always reliable when it comes to OP.

Imitorar
October 18, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hm. I remember her saying that she did, yet I can't find it, now that I look. It says in chapter 466 that she uses astral projection, though, so maybe she didn't eat a Devil Fruit. But it's implied that she did, and she CAN use her powers even when not in her ghost form, so it can't just be astral projection. And I'm SURE I saw it somewhere. I just don't know where. Maybe a different translation then the one I have now...

EDIT: Ah, found it. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/Imitorar/461_13.png It's the Franky House scan, with skywalker6705's translation.

Impel Down
October 19, 2007, 07:39 AM
I don't remember that, but thanks for that. I guess now I can rest my soul.

MrStrawHat
November 26, 2007, 08:32 PM
I've seen Page 1 (is it too late for this now?) and I think Pluton is a GIANT CANNON! I always thought it would be a platinum Cannon that is either Too Gigantic to carry or too small it's not even funny.

Impel Down
November 27, 2007, 09:47 AM
Pluton is an actual ship, though.

But I'm sure that ship can have GIANT CANNONS.

MrStrawHat
November 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hahaha! yes, GIANT CANNONS! well, that clears my argument with my friend. And isn't the Emo Girl only able to fly when she steps on the ghost?

Absolutio
November 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
by emo girl do you mean Perona?
And I think (if you do mean perona) that she can only fly in her astral form (projecting her spirit), so it means that her spirit can fly.

kestrel_78
November 27, 2007, 08:38 PM
I wonder if Pluton is a modern war ship, and the true history of the world is that we destroyed the world with war and that radiation created the devil fruits. I can see one piece as a post-apocalyptic world and it would explain why everyone was so determined to hide the ancient weapons.

Freakzin
November 27, 2007, 09:18 PM
that still doesn't explain skypea

MDLatqp
November 27, 2007, 11:35 PM
Well if you're gonna buy that radioactive fallout mutated ONE plant/tree/vine thing somewhere in the grand line (I thought I remember hearing it might even be underwater?? How nuts would that be?!) to create the DF's and all the craziness that THAT entails, surely you can believe that a little phenomenon like skypiea could just as easily be explained :p Perhaps by radiation as well?! Or maybe the radioactive fallout collected in the clouds, resulting in super-dense ones, as well as the (rather odd) effect of mutating the natives only enough to give them useless wings....

Imitorar
November 27, 2007, 11:41 PM
The wings are just an accessory, I think, since the Shandorans wore them too, even before the Knock-Up Stream launched them onto Skypiea. But although it makes SENSE to say that One Piece is in a post-apocalyptic world, it doesn't seem to fit with what we know of the One Piece world and how it works, and of Oda's style. The One Piece world is it's own world, and it's in general a happy, but dangerous world, not a post-apocalyptic one. It seems to fit better being it's own adventure-dream world.

MDLatqp
November 27, 2007, 11:50 PM
Oh I'm in complete agreement. Though there are plenty of unanswered questions about how things works and the like, and though I've discussed at length possible ways to explain some of the remarkable phenomena in the OP universe using our own rationales and scientific models, I've never believed radiation was part of the cause, lol.

But while we're on the topic of wings, I'm curious. Did we ever see any Shandorans or Skypieans who didn't have them? I can't recall, but if I had to, I'd guess no. What an odd accessory though...for a whole society too! Then again, lotsa people in our societies wear clothes, and to outsiders, that might seem pretty whacky too, haha. In the end I suppose it doesn't really matter much, but it is interesting.

Imitorar
November 27, 2007, 11:54 PM
Well, in light of Enel's Great Space Operation volume 35, which is the cover page to chapter 470 and can be seen here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/470/), I would say that humans in the One Piece world originally came from the moon, and thus they wore weird things. Then, they went down to Skypiea, then some went down to Jaya and populated the rest of the world. But they all forgot that they'd come from the moon, and the ones on Skypiea and the Blue Seas forgot each about each other's existence, except in old legends. I've had that theory ever since I saw that cover page, to be honest.

Absolutio
November 28, 2007, 06:30 AM
Yea.. I thought so the same.. The skypea people are actually aliens!! :o

And the post-apocalyptic world sounds too much like 666-satan, and I believe that Oda said something like "A manga world has its own rules, there isn't supposed to always be a connection/explanation from the real world" or sort of like that in one of his answers in the SBS. (Imitorar, if you're bored you're free to look for something like that... :p )

Impel Down
November 29, 2007, 08:47 AM
Didn't he just say that OP was a world where anything and everything can happen except for flying and magic?

Although, we already saw a lot of flying, so...not so much with that one.

And I highly doubt OP will ever turn into a Post-Apocalypse manga. The world is for the most part pretty happy-go-lucky, except for the odd-pirate invasions, and the New World, of course.

Imitorar
November 29, 2007, 11:11 AM
It's a serious sort of happy-go-lucky, though. Oda once said that this is a "man's world". But whatever type of world it is, I love it. And there hasn't really been flying. Geppou and Bird Devil Fruits aren't people flying on their own. I think he meant like in Dragon Ball, where everyone could just fly in and of themselves. In One Piece, you need some other power to do it.

Impel Down
November 29, 2007, 12:19 PM
Thousand Sunny flew, in a way, but yeah, there's no just "super-power-flying".

I suppose comparing it to DBZ was a better way to explain it. But to the "manly happy-go-lucky", the East Blue Saga was EXTREMELY happy-go-lucky, even the Arlong arc wasn't the darkest it could be, but mostly because the "crew" stood around the courts of Arlong Park and got into a few odd fights the whole major battle, and everyone watched and cheered on Luffy beating Arlong, which happened in just about every arc in the East Blue Saga.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
Oda once said that this is a "man's world".

For a "Men's world", he sure does pay alot of attention to the "details" of the world's females.. :p
Pervy old Oda-sensei.. :D

Imitorar
November 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
Manly and happy-go-lucky aren't mutually exclusive. Luffy himself personifies this. Tell me he isn't manly when he's serious. Not in looks, but in thoughts and deeds, which are what counts. And Absulutio... Those are OTHER people who kept asking him for Nami and Robin's three sizes in the SBS, as well as other fun questions like "Do Califa's breasts jiggle when she uses Tekkai?" (http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/43)

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
Well.. They kept asking him for a reason.. If you get what I mean.. :p It is quite fascinating.. :p

kestrel_78
November 30, 2007, 06:33 PM
Even if I was right and people did have a major war and lose their technology, that dosent mean that they couldn't rebuild and make a happy-go-lucky world afterwords. And the devil fruits could come from man's attempts to make super-soldiers or whatever. I just thought that "the true history of the world" that talked about all these weapons that could destroy the world if they were ever used again sounded post-apocalyptic. How do we know that these weapons will destroy the world if they are used? What happened the first time they were used? Maby they don't come from this world, but if that is the case then don't you think something really bad must have happened for all those weapons and technology to have disappeared?

Absolutio
December 01, 2007, 01:06 PM
The post-apocalyptic thingie is way too much overused, in so many mangas/animes.. I don't think that Oda, with his super creativity needs something as "dull" as that to explain whatever needs explaining.. He also might explain those things in just "that's the way it is.." :p

illestsaini
December 29, 2007, 08:41 PM
Who's the strongest Shicibuaki..... =D

Imitorar
December 29, 2007, 11:18 PM
^We don't really know. People like to say Mihawk, because he's an extremely cool character, and also, he's the greatest swordsman in the world, and Zoro's ultimate opponent, so all that points to him being an extremely powerful person, even by Shichibukai standards. However, going by the bounties, Doflamingo has the highest former bounty of the known Shichibukai, at 340,000,000. However, we don't know the former bounties for Mihawk, Jimbei, or the 7th Shichibukai, so we can't say for sure from the bounties.

illestsaini
December 30, 2007, 10:00 PM
i hope the merman island saga is much more different than the arlong one... it would suck to see them both simalar....

Freakzin
January 05, 2008, 07:51 PM
i didn`t understand this page... http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-100/page001.html why is it Gold Roger there? are the words said before, the words the said one time? or is it that i know Impel,Imirotar and Absolutio will say i`m crazy but or this is a bad translation or that is Gold Roger. LOL i know he is dead, even if he is logia, the cuffs are kairoseki so he`d die anyway. But think about this possibility, Garp changes the cuffs for normal ones. He pretends to die, all that assuming he has a logia type DF. And then starts to plan how he`ll get the WG. I love luffy`s dad so mysterious, i`m more curious about his tatoo than his power. Where did it come from, i don`t think it`s just a regular tatoo.Wow so many thoughts =D i`m done

Absolutio
January 05, 2008, 07:54 PM
This is dragon, and he said those stuffs, if I'm not mistaken. maybe check the anime ver. for that.
[hr]
I correct myself. It might be dragon's thoughts, or the commentor speaking. But the part with gold roger is a bad trans. I read it in another ver. and it said something else.. :s

Impel Down
January 05, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just a general narration, with Roger's words ringing in the background.

But that was a pretty bad translation, since Roger's REAL speech is:

Inherited Will, The Destiny of an Age and the Dreams of its People
As long as its People continue to pursue the meaning of freedom
These People will not Die and this Age:

WILL NEVER CEASE TO BE!

*ahem* I apologize for that.

Absolutio
January 05, 2008, 08:23 PM
Good job. So that what it meant, and that's why there's this speach in the anime.
Wow, the translation is so off.. =D

Impel Down
January 05, 2008, 08:25 PM
I hope to one day give that speech to a villain as I'm saving the world in front of the World.

Imitorar
January 06, 2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah, Roger's dead. That was just Dragon thinking about a quote of Roger's. Since Dragon seems to sort of use that quote as his philosophy. He really IS like Luffy in alot of ways...

Freakzin
January 06, 2008, 07:08 AM
That just makes me believe believe even more that Dragon knew Roger personally, maybe he was his uncle or something

Impel Down
January 06, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, the "D" would kind of draw someone to believe that they are related or knew each other or something. Maybe Dragon, Roger, and BB are all Garp's sons.

Imitorar
January 06, 2008, 02:38 PM
No way, the age gap is huge. I'm sure that all the "D" branches got the "D" in their own right. And Saul is proof that they don't all share a common ancestor. And just because Dragon knew a quote of Roger, he was related to him? Books of Roger's adventures and quotes were probably published by tons of people who knew or sailed with him. That line Dragon thought of was probably part of his last words, what he said before he told everyone about One Piece. They aren't related.

Freakzin
January 06, 2008, 03:05 PM
i know not all the D`s are related, but you don`t know from where he heard those words. i can`t prove you wrong in this and you can`t prove me wrong, i choose to believe he heard those from Roger himself not at the execution.

Impel Down
January 07, 2008, 02:01 PM
No way, the age gap is huge.

How can you know the age gap between Dragon, Roger, and Blackbeard if we don't know their ages?

Imitorar
January 07, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Roger was in his 30's when he died, Dragon is in his 40's about, (he has a 20 year old son, this is obvious), and Blackbeard has been hanging around Whitebeard for a while, so he's probably also around in his 40's. Shanks seemed to imply that Blackbeard was a part of Whitebeard's crew even during Roger's time. And Garp being only in his 50's or 60's, I really can't see him having 3 such different kids. And besides, that age gap proof aside, which is rather faulty, I admit, Saul is STILL proof that the "D" lines are separate, with each "D" getting the letter in the right of his own ancestor, independent of the others. Unless the "Rulers of Raftel" theory is true, but that doesn't really explain that giants, which is why I don't agree with that theory and prefer my own.

Impel Down
January 09, 2008, 12:27 PM
Ace is 19 and Dragon can still be in his thirties. If in my imagination Dragon got married and had sex when he was around 14, then he will!

But now that you mention it, if Garp had three kids and two grand-kids that grew up to be pirates and revolutionaries, I'd think he'd either be

A) Driven out of his mind or
B) A really bad father.

Absolutio
January 09, 2008, 01:28 PM
ace is 21... (3 years older than luffy, who's 18).

Imitorar
January 09, 2008, 01:34 PM
^Luffy's 17, so Ace is 20. So sayeth the SBS from volume 4 (http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/4).

Absolutio
January 09, 2008, 04:05 PM
Oh.. damn.. Thought that he was 18, and zoro and sanji 19.. my bad.. ;)

Impel Down
January 09, 2008, 10:17 PM
You're getting all your ages either one year older or one year younger, which is interesting, IMO.

But Usopp's also Luffy's age, right? And Nami's 19, not 18, also correct?

Imitorar
January 09, 2008, 10:36 PM
Dude, I just linked to the SBS where Oda says their ages. She's 18. Luffy is 17, Zoro and Sanji are 19, Nami's 18, Usopp's also 17, Robin's 28, and Franky's 34. Those are all from the SBS, except for Sanji, which is in a later SBS, and Robin's, which is either in an SBS, or mathematically derived from her backstory, and Franky's is mathematically calculated from his backstory, and confirmed by Oda in the SBS to volume 44, I think.

Impel Down
January 10, 2008, 09:40 PM
I just wanted you to feel under appreciated.

No, jk, I just didn't see it.

Freakzin
January 11, 2008, 11:45 AM
since he was asked about the age of Luffy how many months has it been in the story of the manga??

Absolutio
January 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
it has been discussed in earlier posts here. There was this french site that counted each and every day-night, and stuffs, and they got to the conclusion that it was 3 months, or something like that. (Which seems quite unreasonable), but don't forget that getting from island to island also takes time.

Imitorar
January 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
In the thread about this in the Tree of Knowledge section, somebody said that they heard an interview with Oda or something, where they said it's been about 7 months so far since Romance Dawn. Which makes sense to me, since I would have guessed about 6 months myself. Three months would be more like after Drum Island. It's true, Oda has confirmed that they spend alot more time sailing between islands then he shows. They probably have fights, and raids on other ships, and all sorts of other things, but Oda doesn't bother showing them, because they'd take up too much time. But yeah, 7 months seems about right.

Absolutio
January 12, 2008, 08:28 AM
Yea.. 7 months sounds logical. Just think how strong they got in those 7 months! :O and compare it to Ace's strength, who's already 3 years+ a pirate, and under WB's leadership. I guess we can expect greatness from the SHs.

Impel Down
January 12, 2008, 10:44 AM
It does seem to make sense that they'd been sailing for around seven months. I mean, they seem to get new clothes and moves and whatnot between arcs, so they must have a lot of down-time just on the ship.

pcxxy
January 22, 2008, 04:17 PM
i always loved how the characters are themselves cosplayers at times. it gives everything a little fresh taste and to make things a little more interesting with Nami's uber sexy outfits.

7 months quite a nice time already. while rewatching the old episdoes, Don Krieg (the ape king of East blue) only lasted 7 days, i know it's a special case because it's Mihawk's doing, but the fact that the SH's have stood up against many fearsome opponents does mean that they're already at the level of the people who are at the grandline.

what only awaits them now is the new worlds. and i'm sure they'll continue on with their growth in strength and endurance. when you compare with ace who's been around for 3 years... i'm not sure if it can be said that he's had as much improvements and the SH crew. the main reason being the fact that his ability would totally spoil him and doesn't quite give him any incentive to train.

Although I remember luffy saying he couldn't beat Ace before in a fist fight, Ace certainly isn't as strong as he hoped to be because his physical attacks did not seem to be that effective on BB.

anyways, i don't know what i'm talking about anymore...

-end of rant ;p

Dark-Kaomi
January 23, 2008, 10:35 PM
They've been sailing 7 months and still haven't hit the halfway mark. Wow. Or was Water 7 the halfway? I doubt it cause they have to get passed the Redline but still....

Absolutio
January 24, 2008, 11:21 AM
they're near the halfway. And Ace is already 3 years and he didn't reach raftel yet. WB is way longer and haven't reached it either. So the SHs are going in an amazingly fast rate.

Impel Down
January 24, 2008, 11:39 AM
I think the NW is just harder to get through, and WB and Shanks and whatnot are stopped a lot and have to fight a lot.

And the crew is very close the the Red Line, so they're almost in the New World, yeah.

pcxxy
January 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
i still can't stop myself from pondering what the big surprise oda has for us may be

Impel Down
January 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sanji suddenly collapses to the ground as Van Auger puts a bullet through his head. The crew turns to see BB and his crew ready to engage Luffy in battle.

pcxxy
January 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
the bullet went right through the centre of sanji's curly brow.

and the secret of his brow is unveiled: in brief, his fighting potential has been totally unleashed, along with his pervertedness... now he goes around harassing everything in sight.

Impel Down
January 24, 2008, 09:33 PM
Maybe the big suprise will be at chapter 500!

I'm leaning towards Sanji secretly being the son of someone important, Brook being someone important when he was alive, or Nami and/or Robin getting pregnant.

pcxxy
January 24, 2008, 11:24 PM
that's not surprising at all... i think Zoro will get pregnant! haha.

anyways, i do agree that ch 500 is a special chapter... and quite likely oda will make a big deal out of it.

maybe Luffy will be invited to become a shichibukai?

or... Mihawk is Zoro's long lost cousin?

smoker will join the Strawhats?

Eyeballs will grow out of Brooke's skull?

meh.

Freakzin
January 25, 2008, 12:16 AM
I'm still curious of Franky's father.... "He is the son of a pirate!"

pcxxy
January 25, 2008, 12:56 AM
franky has no father... actually he does.. his dad is robocop and his mum is... well you don't wanna know. ;p

it's kinda funny how no one really has family relations on the crew...

other than Luffy (and the legacy of the D's), and Usopp (who's partly hoping to bump onto his dad some day - and i'm sure they will)... maybe his dad will save his life too?

EDIT: And Robin's mother too.

AHH... why isn't Robin: Nico D. Robin??? ;p

camil222
January 27, 2008, 02:05 PM
bud i think your rigth about smoker joining luffys crew. Luffy always said he wanted 10 members in his crew and hes missing one, counting brooke as a nakama. Smoker said hell get back to him in the new world and because zoro saved his life, im pretty sure smoker has develloped a liking in luffy and doesnt consider him as a threat for the goverment and just wants to fight him cause hes so weird and he looks like gol d roger when buggy was going to execute him. thats the reason he might join him. plus how sick would it be if smoker would join the crew, hed be in zoro and sanjis league plus the guy knows everything about the world goverment/marine.

pcxxy
January 27, 2008, 02:28 PM
liking? i think it's more like rivalry... but i wonder if smoker is ever puzzled about what crime exactly has Luffy committed... maybe just by being a pirate is enough...?

and.... may i ask when did luffy say he wanted a crew of 10 people?

Imitorar
January 27, 2008, 02:32 PM
Smoker is for Luffy what Garp was for Roger, the Marine who will keep hounding him from Reverse Mountain to Raftel. Smoker doesn't like Luffy at all. Respect him, yes, because he is a powerful pirate who got away, and because he has honor and saved Smoker. But he does not like him, and believes that he is all the more so a danger, because he is like Roger. Smoker's current goal in life is more or less to capture Luffy. He's a man with a great belief in his own personal form of justice, and that form of justice demands that he do his best to rid the seas of pirates, especially a pirate as threatening as Luffy.

Oh, and pcxxy? Luffy said he wanted a 10 man crew on the bottom of the second-to-last page of Romance Dawn (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/52/).

pcxxy
January 27, 2008, 08:55 PM
o! thanks for the clarifications~ :) ^.^

what great analogy too~

camil222
January 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
Really good explanation imitorar!!! Its true what you say. pretty smart for an american!!! lol just jocking

eroticmaster
January 31, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hello I am new to the forum.
I will start my first reply with an awesome theory...

Whitebeard and blackbeard are brothers!

weixiaobao
January 31, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hello I am new to the forum.
I will start my first reply with an awesome theory...

Whitebeard and blackbeard are brothers!

hmmm... nice try... but look like they don't share any genes with each other ..

eroticmaster
February 01, 2008, 01:08 PM
have you consider the fact that they share names... and the that whitebeard is really obsessed whit capturing blackbeard( I know that he killed a man in whitebeards crew).

But does anyone know if whitebeard has the D in his name I don't really remember his name.

Neuroff
February 01, 2008, 06:05 PM
They don't share names, their nicknames are just both about beards.

Whitebeard: Edward Newgate
Blackbeard: Marshall D. Teach

camil222
February 04, 2008, 05:16 PM
budd whitebeard and blackbeard are definetly not brothers!! First of all one of em is a d. Anyway i am pretty sure blackbeard will be tracked down by whitebeard and not a commandant, and blackbeard wiil kill him. You have to face the thruth blackbeards fruit is really the 2nd strongest fruit in one piece thats for sure and whitebeard is really strong no doubt about it but face it hes too old and is plugged on machines cause of gol d roger. and shanks will track him down and kill him. Blackbeard now plays a very important since chapter 486 and is feared by many. like they said he will be a weapon for the goverment to end the pirates era.

Sorry if i suck at writing im french and i dropped english cause its too hard for me. haha

Absolutio
February 04, 2008, 07:38 PM
if BB's DF is 2nd, which DF is 1st? O_o
[hr]

They don't share names, their nicknames are just both about beards.

Whitebeard: Edward Newgate
Blackbeard: Marshall D. Teach

Although Whitebeard doesn't really have a beard but a moustach. Oda should've done his research on english better. ;)
(And, no, it can't be from the past, since even his pirate flag represents his moustach).

Imitorar
February 04, 2008, 08:51 PM
I don't think Japanese HAS separate words for "beard" and "mustache", just "hige", which means "facial hair". Oda just wanted a parallel name for Blackbeard, so, Whitebeard. And since in Japanese, the word for beard can mean mustache too, he gave Whitebeard an AWESOME mustache. The name is Whitebeard, that IS what Oda was thinking. Besides, a beard and a mustache are pretty similar.

Absolutio
February 05, 2008, 02:24 AM
yea, I thought that was the reason too.. :D

camil222
February 07, 2008, 08:33 PM
even if they dont share the same names doesnt meen their not brothers. look at monkey d luffy and portgas d ace. they dont share the same name and theyre brothers. im pretty sure the d says it all. i think people with the middle name or letter d are from the same family cause they all have something in comon. so that would refer to genetics. the only thing im not sure of is jaguar d saul. hes a giant and all the other d are normal humans.

Absolutio
February 07, 2008, 10:47 PM
whitebeard doesn't have a D. in his name..

Akainu
February 08, 2008, 06:39 AM
actually he has but it would be the same as with Gold --> Gol D. Roger:
Edward Newgate --> Edwar D. Newgate.
but I don't think its like that so basically you are right

Impel Down
February 08, 2008, 07:55 AM
I really hope WB isn't a D. It would be nice if there were some non-D fantastically strong people in the world. Besides, BB's already a D, so it would overcomplicate things if WB was also one.

And why couldn't Dragon have been Monkey D. Ragon?

Imitorar
February 08, 2008, 10:13 AM
Because his name was written as Monkey D. Dragon. Not in romaji though, at least, not that I remember seeing. But still, ask a translator, I'm pretty sure they would tell you that his name was written out as Monkey D. Dragon at the end of chapter 439.

Absolutio
February 08, 2008, 10:58 AM
Same with Whitbeard.
His name was written as Edward Newgate, not Edwar D. Newgate, and I doubt that Oda will mislead the readers, not to mention, overuse the "trick" with Gol D. Roger.

camil222
February 09, 2008, 02:20 PM
aokiji might be a d but i hope not. all we know about his name is vice admiral kuzan. And yeah i hope theres some people in one piece that arent d and are powerful. the only one we know for sure is shanks and whitebeard.

Absolutio
February 09, 2008, 04:26 PM
and mihawk, and other lots of strong people.
Anyways, does someone know a link to the OP worldmap? I have something I wanna check out. :s

Akainu
February 09, 2008, 05:28 PM
http://de.opwiki.org/wiki/Die_Welt

disadvantage is, that its on german, but at least it's got some pictures to illustrate unlike the english one.

unfortunately no real map :(

Absolutio
February 09, 2008, 07:24 PM
oh... I just wanted to check out a theory I came up with. Might as well state it here.
Well, we all know that the Grand-Line circles itself, so when you reach the end, you actually reach the beginning=reverse mountain. So how comes that no-one reached Raftel yet, from the opposite direction or from the straight direction?
My theory is that Raftel is a sky island. I speculate that from several things.
1. When the strawhats reached the white sea, with their first Gan Fall meeting, Gan Fall wondered how come they didn't reach from the "other" way, which supposes to go through other sky islands first. Later on we learn that the last visitors of skypea were the Gold Roger crew, which is also the only crew that reached Raftel.
So maybe this "other way" and the fact that Roger was in the white sea connects to Raftel? Also it explains how can you get back to reverse mountain at the end of the grandline - through the sky.
What do you guys think?

Imitorar
February 09, 2008, 11:21 PM
I always figured it was because the currents all led another way, not backwards when you go into Reverse Mountain from one of the Blues. You get trapped in it. From Raftel, you have to scale the wall separating it from Reverse Mountain, and then you get to Twin Capes and scale Reverse Mountain or however you get out of the Grand Line the normal way, which is possible, since Krieg and Zeff did it.

Akainu
February 10, 2008, 05:14 AM
thats an interesting theory, but as imitorar said on reverse mountain there are 5 rivers , 4 coming from the blues and 1 leading to Grandline.
so even if you reach the end you won't automatically start again.
BUT: if there were a sky island and you could drop down on reverse mountain or one of the blues again that would solve the problem, because I don't think there is something like a "normal way" out of Grandline except the calm belts.

camil222
February 11, 2008, 07:04 PM
its a very good theory but i dont think its an island in the sky. i just think its hard to reach because of all the currents and maybe the island is special and makes it hard to reach. its probably filled with tornadoes and typhoons and all kind of things. plus it might be so far away from the previous island that most of the people died. Anyway i know oda is preparing something good for us

eroticmaster
February 12, 2008, 02:14 PM
yezz a very interresting theory...

But what do you guys think of Backbeard being rodgers son and whitebeard is rogers brother?
Whitebeard was afterall rodgers equal.

But I do have another theroy to. It might not be right because of that the latest arc is at its very ending but I think that Perona and company might have a devils fruit. If you all remember that Perona said that she would give them something if they defead Moria.

Akainu
February 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
the relationship theories will stay what they are: theories. at least until we get some family background news from oda, which I feel will be some time soon (well as soon as luffy meets his dad).

and could you please tell me where you read tthat they will give sth. to the SH? 'cause I really don't remember.

camil222
February 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
If theyre would be a snipping competition who do you think would win between usopp, yasopp and van augger?

eroticmaster
February 13, 2008, 03:53 AM
Van Auger, because of his mad sniping skills and his sniper-eye

camil222
February 15, 2008, 09:32 PM
i think so too. when he shot ace in the head and in the heart in a flash i was pretty impressed. and its a rifle and not a hand gun.

Absolutio
February 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
Well, yassop is said to be able to shoot an ant's legs from a distance of 100 meters if i'm not mistaken. So it's tough decision, since we don't know both of their true abilities.

Organizized
February 17, 2008, 10:17 AM
And Yasopp uses a handgun, while Van Auger uses a scoped rifle. So it's hard to compare the two's aim when they have such different weapons.

omniscientone
February 17, 2008, 01:49 PM
Wouldn't a bullet be atleast as big as an ant ? :D But where was that mentioned about Yassop ?

camil222
February 17, 2008, 07:52 PM
i dont know where it said it but i true they did say it. I think its a flashback about yassop and daddy or maybe luffy said it to ussop, i dont remember. But guys you have to admit ussop is an impressive sniper after what he did at enies lobby. he snipped like 30 marine in the head at like 800 meters and never missed once.
[hr]
oo and ive tried to figure ou what brooks bounty was on the wanted list and is there any guess about the bounty. i figured it was a 70 or 90 million bounty

Organizized
February 21, 2008, 05:32 PM
I think that's a 2 in his bounty, so somewhere 20-29 million is my guess.

And Daddy the Father was only in an anime filler so if he said it, that's not very valid proof. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was actually capable of that, because I still see Yasopp as the best marksman.

Absolutio
February 21, 2008, 10:57 PM
i think it was mention in one of the databooks.
[hr]
and if i'm not mistaken, in the manga when luffy sees yassop shooting a bottle or something like that, he got impressed and then yassop said something like "ahh, that's nothing, I could've shot an ant from that distance"... or something of those lines.

Ustegius
February 29, 2008, 09:34 AM
Chapter 25, page 16 (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/25/16/) He says in flashback that he could shoot a tiny ant. In finnish edition, which I have in bookshelf, it is tranlated "Pystyisin ampumaan murkkua silmien väliin", which means something like "I could even shoot a ant between eyes" :P Dunno about the original form.

I'd say that Yasopp is currently the best shooter, just because he is with Shanks, but obviosly Ussopp is going to be best, or at least one of the best.

abcdefghijkL0L
March 28, 2008, 12:31 AM
Have you guys heard that Vol. 44 is out yet? http://rawmanga.com/onepiece9.php

Kanzen Shinkiro
April 01, 2008, 10:55 PM
Yasopp was quite impressive in the beginning. By now, he should be the greatest sharp shooter in the world as Shanks' crew is one of the four most powerful crews in the world (i.e. Yonkou).

Sena
April 06, 2008, 06:48 PM
Doesn't anyone feel surprise by their boost of power each arc they been through, they are not exactly Sayans that gain strength after battling and the only one i see training is Zoro, and it's rare.

Where does Luffy and Sanji get their moves from???

Freakzin
April 06, 2008, 06:59 PM
that's the beauty of One Piece to me, i mean one of the beauties, in DBZ something that got me pissed over and over again, was long episodes just about training. I like that oda prefers not to bore us with the training and shows us the new moves at the big battles.

taimoor2
April 07, 2008, 07:12 AM
Doesn't anyone feel surprise by their boost of power each arc they been through, they are not exactly Sayans that gain strength after battling and the only one i see training is Zoro, and it's rare.

Zoro trains a lot. I think it is implied in the mangae several times that whenever Zoro is free, he is training.

As for Luffy and others, I think, even if they are not Sayans, just being in battles bring experience and strength. For example, he learned Soro by watching CP9.

weixiaobao
April 07, 2008, 03:52 PM

Luffy usually just create moves during battle like "baka baka luffy" or "mizu mizu luffy" and for his strength i think the best possible explanation maybe it a side effect of his fruit (his fruit has so much potential) or he eat too much meats...

and for Sanji, i do not believe he have show us everything he learn from the Red-leg until the CP9 arc.. but the manga didn't show us what they do in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.. so he probably have secret training session in order to keep up with zoro..

Antillio
April 08, 2008, 06:41 PM
lol they do fight alot and while they are not sayans it's still a anime. I think it's good that they grow quickly in strenght cause then the speed of the story will remain, wich i find a good thing about One Piece.

just1n time
April 22, 2008, 02:37 PM
lol they do fight alot and while they are not sayans it's still a anime. I think it's good that they grow quickly in strenght cause then the speed of the story will remain, wich i find a good thing about One Piece.
i totally agree!! i think the pace is just right

Razh
April 23, 2008, 04:17 AM

I think Oda considers his readers intelligent enough to conclude that he can't show everything SH do in 20 pages a week.

Just because Luffy, Zoro and Sanji used new moves for the first time in Enies Lobby, doesn't mean they were thought of on the spot.
Yeah, Luffy, being a brain that he is, has come up with Gear 2 and 3 on Enies Lobby...

munafn
May 04, 2008, 10:44 AM
Luffy usually just create moves during battle like "baka baka luffy" or "mizu mizu luffy" and for his strength i think the best possible explanation maybe it a side effect of his fruit (his fruit has so much potential) or he eat too much meats...

Haha yea its all that god damn protein in his system.. but seriously for the amount of food he eats he has one heck of a metabolism

camil222
May 05, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think luffy and the rest of the crew just havent met someone that makes them fight their full potential. Luffy met lucci, which made him fight his full potential, sanji definately didnt go all out against jyabura (???), zoro did go all out against kaku, but like u guys said, hes still training. And for the rest of the crew, its the same thing. Chopper couldve easilly beaten the cp9 guy if he didnt eat too much rumble balls, and on and on. Luffy did meet his match, but hes a d so he wont lose to anyone.

goldb
May 06, 2008, 06:19 AM
yeah, i think you're right....but now that we're gettin closer to the new world, all that is about to change and there's gonna be tougher opponents for the straw hats

Absolutio
May 06, 2008, 07:10 AM
I think luffy and the rest of the crew just havent met someone that makes them fight their full potential. Luffy met lucci, which made him fight his full potential, sanji definately didnt go all out against jyabura (???), zoro did go all out against kaku, but like u guys said, hes still training. And for the rest of the crew, its the same thing. Chopper couldve easilly beaten the cp9 guy if he didnt eat too much rumble balls, and on and on. Luffy did meet his match, but hes a d so he wont lose to anyone.

Don't forget that Luffy fought Blueno a bit earlier than Lucci, and it's known the gear 2nd weakens the body and stamina alot after usage.

Pirulito
May 06, 2008, 07:42 AM
But Luffy recovers himself eating meats :amuse

Absolutio
May 06, 2008, 08:52 AM
not really..

pcxxy
May 06, 2008, 09:42 AM
Luffy recovers his 'mp' by eating meat, but his 'hp' is only recovered through days of sleep. :)

anhdeptrai
May 08, 2008, 11:13 AM
My first posting, yohoooo

Have anyone noticed that 2nd half of OP could involve with Charka (Naruto) or those inner power emitting from a person (Bleach/Dragon Ball)? 1st half of OP is just physical fighting, developing skills and strength. Remind me if I am wrong, there is a little arc about Shank meet White Beard and when Shank entered White Beard ship, his fighting power pressured all low lvl pirates except White Beard and those in Captain lvl.

Also, I want to see Lola's mother, Lola looks ugly and her mother couldn't be any different, and from the picture of those 3 yonkos (some chapter back), 1 is White beard, 1 is Shank, the 3rd one look ugly (mermaid??) or could it be Lola's mother?

Absolutio
May 08, 2008, 11:46 AM
if you compare it to other mangas, it's more like in bleach with the spirit, that if you have a very strong spirit and you're in the presence of a low-spirit person, he'll feel under a great pressure.

Fox666
May 08, 2008, 05:15 PM
Have anyone noticed that 2nd half of OP could involve with Charka (Naruto) or those inner power emitting from a person (Bleach/Dragon Ball)? 1st half of OP is just physical fighting, developing skills and strength. Remind me if I am wrong, there is a little arc about Shank meet White Beard and when Shank entered White Beard ship, his fighting power pressured all low lvl pirates except White Beard and those in Captain lvl.

Also, I want to see Lola's mother, Lola looks ugly and her mother couldn't be any different, and from the picture of those 3 yonkos (some chapter back), 1 is White beard, 1 is Shank, the 3rd one look ugly (mermaid??) or could it be Lola's mother?It doesn't exactly envolve a chakra/ki like Dragonball, it's seems most like a fighting style. Still, we have seem something like recently with Luffy. If the final attack of Zoro against Kaku also wasn't like that.

And you are not the first to imagine that Lola mother is a Yonkou, that may be (I guess) a very popular theory.

Mythsoul
May 08, 2008, 08:01 PM
hmmmmm where are the spoilers....I feel this manga is gonna get a whole lot interesting ....I feel some sort of battle royale between all the rookies....to see who goes to the new world....

Absolutio
May 09, 2008, 12:05 AM
no OP this week... :(

sharingan_kakashi
May 09, 2008, 03:58 PM
Just this week, right?

@mythsoul. battle royale? maybe but Oda has never done that before. the Mugiwara could potentially fight them in the New World but not in here.

Megy
May 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
No OP again. ;_; Oh Oda, if only you knew how much it pains me to wait.

Mythsoul
May 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
No OP :(....crap....more waiting .grrrrrrr

KnuckleheadedNinja
May 10, 2008, 05:00 PM
why is there no OP this week.

Akainu
May 10, 2008, 05:26 PM
well why should there be? still the best of the big 3 this week ...
no seriously: from time to time everyone, including Oda, needs a break/time for research.
plus imho its a good reminder not to take OP for granted.

camil222
May 11, 2008, 10:18 AM
plus episode 500 is comin up. hes probably doing something special for it.

Fox666
May 11, 2008, 11:38 AM
Well, Grand Line started in chapter 100. It somehow makes sense start the New World at 500.

Akainu
May 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
as much as I would like to see the new world, it would imo feel rushed if they got there by chapter 500. there is zoro wandering off, nami and robin shopping, no sign of rayleigh yet not to mention that their next stop should be FI (which I don't count as new world).
so basically I don't see it happening unless chapter 500 is twice as long as a usual chapter with some really fast-paced action going on - and even then its just the last panel :(

project2501
May 11, 2008, 03:30 PM
times are bitter; this is now the second week without one piece. i cant remember the last time i havent read this manga for so long. hmm oda...

Imitorar
May 11, 2008, 03:50 PM
Alright people, we get it, you're upset that there hasn't been a chapter for 2 weeks. Trust me, I commiserate, but I think there have been enough posts in this thread bemoaning the 2 weeks without a chapter. Just think of it like this: the lack of a chapter for the past 2 weeks will make reading this week's chapter all the more enjoyable. And in keeping with this new, positive outlook on the situation, I don't wanna see any more posts complaining about the 2 hiatus weeks filling this thread.

Absolutio
May 11, 2008, 03:59 PM
if it makes all the agonizers feel any better, you should be glad that you aint a Berserk readers. And if you are a Berserk reader, then be glad you aint a top HxH fan-reader. And if you are, then bummer! xD

And although I do hope for something special at the 500'th chapter, the New World is like 50-100 chapters away imo... :s

project2501
May 11, 2008, 04:15 PM
actually i was berserk reader, and i must admit it' s really sad that miura has given up on regulary releasing new chapters. no matter what anyone sais, if i have to wait half a year for a 20 page chapter it' sno fun readin' (waiting for) it, even if it' s about such a geat manga like berserk.

however there was one thing that i would like to say to one piece: what i found interesting is the developement of the bounties. do you guys remember that corcodile had "only" 80 mio beli, but was a shitchibukai. and now in the new ark we see a lot of guys that have much higher bounties but not that reputation. retrosectivly it just seems that "wani" was not that powerful at all, which is not true. so what du guys think about that?

Imitorar
May 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
I think that realistically speaking, Oda had originally marked 100 million as the line, the nearly insurmountable line that divided Yonko from other pirates. But I'm not even too sure of that anymore. In-universe, I would say that Crocodile was asked by the World Government to become a Shichibukai before his bounty got too high. Otherwise, he'd probably be in the mid-200 millions. And before anybody brings up the SBS that says his bounty would have doubled if the World Government had known about Baroque Works and Crocodile had still had an active bounty, that's just for Baroque Works. If he had continued as a pirate, I think his bounty would have been at least 225 million. The World Government saw his potential and his bounty was frozen before he had time to amount to much.

camil222
May 11, 2008, 08:13 PM
its true. i think his bounty wouldve been around 300 million maybe not as much but close. crocodile was incredibly strong. The same thing happened with blackbeard. They see that hes a threat to the world goverment and a great allie to fight the other pirates so they decided to make him a shichibukai even without a bounty.

Fox666
May 12, 2008, 06:52 PM
I believe Crocodile must had done something different that doesn't makes him a big threat for government, but yet cause fear in another pirates.
Anyway, it's quite strange when Crocodile compared his bounty with Luffy (the chapters if I am not wrong is in fact called "81 millions vs 30 millions".

weixiaobao
May 12, 2008, 07:06 PM
I believe Crocodile must had done something different that doesn't makes him a big threat for government, but yet cause fear in another pirates.

hmm.. isn't this obvious... :rofl..

anyway.. maybe WG could ask some of the new supernova to joined them and create another group similar to the shikibukai.. to counter out white beard joining up with red hair..

Imitorar
May 12, 2008, 08:08 PM
Whitebeard and Shanks haven't joined up. The didn't seem to friendly in chapter 434. The World Government didn't want them to meet, for fear that they might join up or get involved in a battle with each other, but they join up. And even if they did, that's the Shichibukai's job. They don't need to form a new group of Shichibukai from a bunch of rookies. If they want Whitebeard and Shanks separated, (and I think Whitebeard and Shanks are dealing with that on their own) they'll send a Shichibukai or 2. That's kind of why they're there.

Akainu
May 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
would you call your half brother "hey half brother how are you ?" personally I wouldn't. strength comes through training (by garp) and partly through genes (no one ever denied Ace father being strong - in fact he should be as a "D.").
and for the appearence, I don't really see that but that might just be me.

perhaps they are brothers with the same 2 parents, though imo it would be kinda too much to have Portgas D. Whatshername + Monkey D. Dragon...

weixiaobao
May 13, 2008, 07:59 PM
Whitebeard and Shanks haven't joined up. The didn't seem to friendly in chapter 434. The World Government didn't want them to meet, for fear that they might join up or get involved in a battle with each other, but they join up. And even if they did, that's the Shichibukai's job. They don't need to form a new group of Shichibukai from a bunch of rookies. If they want Whitebeard and Shanks separated, (and I think Whitebeard and Shanks are dealing with that on their own) they'll send a Shichibukai or 2. That's kind of why they're there.

their are couple of reason why i state what i state..
1. these rookies' bounty is pretty match up with some of shichibukai's former bounty
2. rather make more friends than enemies
3. cp9 almost been wiped out
4. these rookies can be a major threat later on and they don't have time for these things.. since they got to deal with Dragon and Emperors..

and beside Shichibukai only good for scaring weak pirates.. a shichibukai or 2 won't be a match especially moria got his tail kick by one of the shichibukai.. before he met up with luffy..

anyway, I see that your points can be valid too...

camil222
May 13, 2008, 08:06 PM
ya even if they dont have the same last names they can still be brothers related by blood. i work with a chinese guy and he has his moms last name because he was the oldest of all his brothers and sisters. so his moms obviously portgas something like akainu said. and i dont think she has to be a d cause dragons already a d and if shes a d then dragon is having sex with his cousin. i know its not a fact that d's are from the same family but im sure they are. they all believe in the same principles and thats what genetics are.

ONE PIECE IS THE BEST MANGA BY FAR!!!! narutos good too but its too predictable and they contradict themselves too much.

Imitorar
May 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
their are couple of reason why i state what i state..
1. these rookies' bounty is pretty match up with some of shichibukai's former bounty
2. rather make more friends than enemies
3. cp9 almost been wiped out
4. these rookies can be a major threat later on and they don't have time for these things.. since they got to deal with Dragon and Emperors..

and beside Shichibukai only good for scaring weak pirates.. a shichibukai or 2 won't be a match especially moria got his tail kick by one of the shichibukai.. before he met up with luffy..

anyway, I see that your points can be valid too...

Wait, you claim that Shichibukai can only scare weak pirates, but need to deal with the Revolutionaries and the Emperors? That's contradictory. Besides, they can scare strong pirates too. Okay, Moria lost to an Emperor, but that was an Emperor. They're the exceptions, not the rule. Shanks lost to Mihawk at least a few times, even if he beat him a few times too. And CP9 may be gone, but... there are still at least 8 other Cipher Pols. Either way, I don't see a need for a squad of "sub-Shichibukai" to be formed from the Super Novae. I mean, 7 Shichibukai (hm, bit redundant there...) should be strong enough between them to patrol the world, even if one is temporarily out of action. I mean, think about Blackbeard, Doflamingo, Mihawk and Kuma. The Super Novae would be totally out of their league. I know their bounties ( at least the ones over 200 million) are Shichibukai-level, but they don't have Shichibukai level strength, sheer fighting power. Apparently, most major players in the New World have Shichibukai-level bounties or higher, but the Shichibukai are stronger, because there came a point where they were made Shichibukai instead of getting a bounty raised, and their bounties were frozen when they were a bit weaker then they are now.