PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Slam Dunk by Inoue Takehiko

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
This was part of the Sports manga poll but i figured that slam dunk needed its own topic and the conversation got off topic. That is why the first post seems random

[in response to Ibra saying he/she only saw slam dunk]
you haven't read slam dunk? from what i hear, manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

ibra87
July 12, 2006, 10:57 AM
Not my type to read manga. Can't bear reading a whole story :S What I do is watch an anime and if the story doesn't continue for any reason, I read the manga. Even if the manga>anime :(

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
the story doesnt continue. The slam dunk anime stops before one of the best games in manga happens. I dont know when the anime stops but i know it isnt at the end of the series. I highly recommend reading the last game. You will not regret it, i guarentee it

ibra87
July 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
The problem is I don't know where it stops :( Download all kinds of volumes just to see is quite troublesome.

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 12:32 PM
Tell me what was the last game that is played in the anime and ill see if i can find out the equivolent place in the manga.

ibra87
July 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
Hmm. It's sooo long time ago, so I really don't remember exactly. But I think it was the match where he final mastered his special move and I think scored a goal. Not sure though. I'm thinking of re-seeing the whole thing.

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 12:56 PM
Well, when you get around to seeing it or if someone else knows then ill post it.

laughing@you
July 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
Well, when you get around to seeing it or if someone else knows then ill post it.

I've seing the anime a couple of times and was so frustrated when they canceled it.

I started to see the manga but theirs a lack of providers so I stopped searching. I've only found pieces and forums talking about it but no manga about Slam dunk.

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 01:06 PM
oh yeah, i split this from the sports poll topic because it was going in a different direction.

Anyway, i think that they may still be up for direct download on the tft site but they only did slam dunk and stopped scanlating so that site has been up for a long time. Stoptazmo also has it but i would always recommend Irc over anything if you want manga.

luca6066
July 12, 2006, 01:44 PM
Rukawa~ Rukawa the number 11! (だよね~?)
At some basket ball club in Japan: Iwai Kenjirou:  "Rukawa!" I've got "Rukawa"!!--------Every one was after "R-uniform number"....

@ Neo tama : Which hairstyle of Hanamichi's do you like better?
         :What do you think of the jokes, in comparison to Fullswing which is chuck-full of "the weird jokes" you say.

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 01:56 PM
i like his "josuke" style personally. I mean it always looked so funny but it was when his hair style changed that the style of the manga changes into a more serious manga. I liked the jokes in the serious but fullswing is alot more wierd with its jokes. I am guessing that the fullswing manga mirrors the slam dunk manga in that it gets more serious as time goes on because it becomes more about the baseball.

However, this is a slam dunk topic and not a fullswing topic :p

laughing@you
July 12, 2006, 01:57 PM
oh yeah, i split this from the sports poll topic because it was going in a different direction.

Anyway, i think that they may still be up for direct download on the tft site but they only did slam dunk and stopped scanlating so that site has been up for a long time. Stoptazmo also has it but i would always recommend Irc over anything if you want manga.

What would be the address for Stoptazmo?

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 02:04 PM
stoptazmo.com

be warned, the speeds for that place aint so good.

luca6066
July 12, 2006, 02:15 PM
i like his "josuke" style personally.
"リーゼント”style in Japanese? what's the English word?? I'd say it's quite rare case to see protagonist with リーゼント. But huh, SD is a one of the pioneers of that crazy style? hm, nei?

@Neo cyama and everybody
 Who's your favorite?
Mine: Megane-kun! (You'll see "him" in Negame highschool(やっぱfullswingだべさ伊達に訳してんじゃあないわよッ)
Anzai sensei ( the bulge : tender. .ぷにぷに♡)
     Gori

ibra87
July 14, 2006, 08:13 AM
The torrent is pretty shitty so, err, I've only watched 10 episodes. But I can tell you one thing. It's been a while since I've laughed this much. Unlike some fillers of some certain anime, this one really makes me laugh.

Obito
July 20, 2006, 10:53 AM
I also highly recommend if you've only watched the anime, reading the last game. It was probably the best bit of the whole Slam Dunk series.

NeoShweaty
July 20, 2006, 11:44 AM
I also highly recommend if you've only watched the anime, reading the last game. It was probably the best bit of the whole Slam Dunk series.

quoted for fuckin truth! :)

ibra87
July 20, 2006, 02:05 PM
quoted for fuckin truth! :)

I'm at episode 100 of slam dunk now. It seems as if the last match will be the one between Shohoku and the combined team of Shoyo and Ryonan. Any idea what chapter to read if I intend to continue with the story?

NeoShweaty
July 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
??? when did a combined squad ever play? I dont know off the top of my head but it isnt against a mixed squad. It is a match between shohoku and the best team in the country.

ibra87
July 20, 2006, 02:50 PM
??? when did a combined squad ever play? I dont know off the top of my head but it isnt against a mixed squad. It is a match between shohoku and the best team in the country.

well my bad, that's what i meant. Sendo, Fujima, Uozumi, Fukuda (or Ikegame) and Hanagata vs Shohoku, and it ends in the last episode. And then they were on their way to the national championship.

NeoShweaty
July 20, 2006, 02:59 PM
That doesnt happen in the manga, i dont think. I just remember them going to the national tournament and playing the best team. I need to figure out when it happens though

ibra87
July 20, 2006, 03:08 PM
That doesnt happen in the manga, i dont think. I just remember them going to the national tournament and playing the best team. I need to figure out when it happens though

I thought it was some kind of filler. It's kind of a weird match, where all the players don't seem like themselves (all but Hanamichi ofcourse). the match is from 96-101 I guess.

shinwei
July 24, 2006, 01:44 PM
I love Slam Dunk!

This and Hajime no Ippo are my two favorite sports manga of all time.

Go go Tensai Sakuragi Hanamichi!!

NeoShweaty
July 24, 2006, 01:49 PM
preach on brother. Once you have those two sports manga, do you really need anything else?

shinwei
July 24, 2006, 01:49 PM
Mmmm.. you need Adachi!

<3 H2, Katsu, Touch, Cross Game, Rough, omg so many...

NeoShweaty
July 24, 2006, 01:51 PM
true, i have been meaning to read him for so long. Once i catch up in hajime no ippo, he's next on my list

ibra87
July 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
Tell m eguys. Do they play in the national championship in the manga?

Optimist
July 28, 2006, 01:19 AM
I'm at episode 100 of slam dunk now. It seems as if the last match will be the one between Shohoku and the combined team of Shoyo and Ryonan. Any idea what chapter to read if I intend to continue with the story?

well its only a filler , i watched all episodes and read all volumes
you should start with volume 23

ThE WoRm
July 29, 2006, 10:02 AM
the end of the series is with the end of the regionals.

Ore wa Tensai Sakuragi Kara! (laughs around)

i read the manga before i saw the anime just 'cause i could get it on stoptazmo.

i saw the anime with friends on a marathon.

The manga is one of the best that i ever read, espacially the last match :P

my friends complain on the number of flashbacks, and how they always repeat themselves, and how much 30 seconds were in one episode, it wasn't like that in the manga, right? been a while since i read it ^^"

saigo made, kibou wo akiramenai :P

Anzai sensei is just so great.

sad Inoue Takehiko finished it like it ;; why?!?! i heard he got tired or something because the sannou's match took him a year to finish, after all, he did develop a lot of characters from other teams, like lets say the one with the giant and so.

I think but that the big picture in the end was great, we can title it "The life and death of a real genius sports man" (if you know what i mean :P)

ibra87
July 29, 2006, 08:36 PM
well its only a filler , i watched all episodes and read all volumes
you should start with volume 23

thanks, I'll sure be to download it once i get the time.

the end of the series is with the end of the regionals.

Ore wa Tensai Sakuragi Kara! (laughs around)

i read the manga before i saw the anime just 'cause i could get it on stoptazmo.

i saw the anime with friends on a marathon.

The manga is one of the best that i ever read, espacially the last match :P

my friends complain on the number of flashbacks, and how they always repeat themselves, and how much 30 seconds were in one episode, it wasn't like that in the manga, right? been a while since i read it ^^"

saigo made, kibou wo akiramenai :P

Anzai sensei is just so great.

sad Inoue Takehiko finished it like it ;; why?!?! i heard he got tired or something because the sannou's match took him a year to finish, after all, he did develop a lot of characters from other teams, like lets say the one with the giant and so.

I think but that the big picture in the end was great, we can title it "The life and death of a real genius sports man" (if you know what i mean :P)

Really? I didn't feel like the flash backs were any annoying. And about the ending, that's sad. The author could've just had taken a rest then continued :x Bad endings are the usual suckiness of stories.

tmacthenumber1
August 09, 2006, 12:59 PM
Well, i watched the anime too, but i heard that story goes further in the manga than in the anime, and I want to read that, so do anyone know where could I read the manga on the net?

shinwei
August 10, 2006, 01:17 PM
The answer, as always, is to take the time to learn how to use IRC and head over to #lurk @ irc.irchighway.net

There is no alternative that's nearly as good.

NeoShweaty
August 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
true, i dont know how people go manga before lurk existed, lol

Luckas
August 10, 2006, 05:46 PM
true, i dont know how people go manga before lurk existed, lol

It was very difficult, luckyly I discovered #lurk not so long after starting to lurk manga; but before and after where two different worlds.[br]Posted on: August 11, 2006, 12:45:03 AM_________________________________________________I read Slam Dunk at least 2 times, maybe three, and after this thread probably i'll reread it another time.

Dustwhisper
August 15, 2006, 06:40 AM
The combined team is all the "main characters" from the other teams giving Shohoku a "last go" before their match, it's also where Hanamichi shows of his three-point training and everyone is again amazed, that's in both the manga and anime. The manga continues though to the tournament where they meet the strongest team and Hanamichi injures himself but refuses to stop playing because it's "his time", they win that game but due to hanamichi being injured and other factors they get demolished in the next match, the manga ends with Hanamichi sitting on a beach where he's doing his training and recovery, writing a letter to Haruko about how much he loves basketbal, his doctor comes etc, then it ends with a beautiful landscape drawing of the ocean with Sakuragi and a synopsis about the author afterwards IIRC. I added in the tags~Neo

It's a GREAT manga and I'm always hoping they'd pick up and add a couple chapters about the continuation!

tmacthenumber1
August 16, 2006, 01:07 PM
Sigh, why did you do that resume, we all know, also, you said ''Hanamichi shows of his three-point training'', I think you've been smoking some good shit cause Sakuragi's training was mid-range shots, not 3 pointers but not at all. But seriously, the match vs Sannoh was crazy, all along I knew that Sakuragi was just the man!

Dustwhisper
August 21, 2006, 06:24 AM
Hmm then I must be remembering wrong? First he learned layups, then he learned "shots in the paint", then he learned threepointers, or I must be mistaken.

shinwei
August 21, 2006, 09:21 AM
He never learned 3-pointers. His final stretch of training was just 20,000 jump-shots. Field goals, whatever you want to call them. All of those shots were NOT outside the 3-point line. Hanamichi has never even attempted a single 3-pointer in the entire series if I remember correctly.

NeoShweaty
August 21, 2006, 11:08 AM
He didnt. They just left that stuff to Mitsui. He worried about the paint area and shooting in the paint and around the paint was something he needed to work on.

tmacthenumber1
August 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
Lol, to you guys that doesnt seem like basketball players, the first training was layups like it was said, the second was close range, or shots in the keys, and the last one was midrange shots, out of the key, and I can't believe the guy acquired such a good shot in a week, its insane.

zindryr
September 02, 2006, 06:29 PM
Slam Dunk, eh? Not really my style but I've picked up a couple of things that might interest you guys.

1) Slam Dunk - 10 Days Later
Inoue drawing Slam Dunk on a chalk board about what happened 10 days after the series ended, if what I'm told is true.

RAW: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hykl43

2) Artbook
You know what an artbook is. This is random Inoue Slam Dunk stuff that he drew and released in the Slam Dunk artbook.

RAW: http://www.sendspace.com/file/358bp0

Enjoy.

NeoShweaty
September 02, 2006, 06:31 PM
that was actually by inoue? I thought it was a doujinshi or something

The artbook is something i wish i actually had in my hands but it is worth another download onto my new comp

ibra87
September 02, 2006, 06:34 PM
thanks a lot. I never knew about this 10 days later thing. But even if it's true, it's probably something he made without so much thought in, (I hope I'm wrong)

zindryr
September 02, 2006, 07:39 PM
That's what I heard anyway. I thought it was an elaborate prank but it is supposedly by Inoue.[br]Posted on: September 02, 2006, 08:34:46 PM_________________________________________________Alright, artbook uploaded.

ThE WoRm
September 02, 2006, 07:59 PM
Bahhh, he doesn't have any officle close range shoots, he trains the close range with the middle range.

I'm gonna check that 10 days later thingy...

Siedhr
September 03, 2006, 11:20 AM
The ten days later thing is genuine. God, I wish I knew what they were saying. If someone would translate it, I'd definitely make some sort of scanlation out of it.

ThE WoRm
September 03, 2006, 02:56 PM
Make some sort of a scanlation?! It's written on a fucking board! It's furiganaless, so it'll be too hard for me, maybe someone else can do it ^^"

Siedhr
September 03, 2006, 04:25 PM
Make some sort of a scanlation?! It's written on a fucking board!
Eh, you don't have to be like this, really. :oh

By some sort of a scanlation I didn't mean an actual scanlation, more like subtitles of sort and find a way to arrange it on a page to look good, like cut out the panels and the like. If ever there's a translation, I'll think about something.

ThE WoRm
September 03, 2006, 06:59 PM
LOL, sorry about putting it like that, but that's my thought, that board thing was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen

Sorata
September 06, 2006, 08:50 PM
Once i read that Inoue Sensei could make a Slam Dunk 2 after he finish Vagabond, is that true or just a stupid rumuor that people are putting in the net???

NeoShweaty
September 06, 2006, 09:26 PM
Well it would be a long long long way off considering the supposed length of vagabond. I really hope it happens. I want to see Hanamichi lead shohoku and show everyone he has been with that he is the real deal (although, i can see why some wouldnt want to see this considering the fact that he probably showed it best when he played injured.)

Sorata
September 08, 2006, 09:30 PM
Do you know that Inoue Sensei create Sakuragi Anamichi from a real person, he was a great basketball player from japanese high school history, but ha died with just 18 years old getting hited by a car. He has taller as Anamichi(189cm) and had a body of steel.

NeoShweaty
September 08, 2006, 09:41 PM
i think sakuragi was taller than that though. I remember his hieght being in the 190s (i am american so i dont really know the metric system). That is an interesting bit of information.

Sorata
September 08, 2006, 09:45 PM
If you want i can translat that text and put it here, but i´m warning my inglish is not that good, but i can make a try.

NeoShweaty
September 08, 2006, 09:50 PM
yeah, that would be cool

Sorata
September 08, 2006, 10:14 PM
Here goes the translation:
Hanamichi Sakuragi has born in 1968 on a poor family. His mother died when he was a child.
Without the love of his mother,he used violence to solve his problems.From a little child to a big boy: when he was 12 years, he was already 175cm taller, and because of the many fights he had on the street his body gain strong muscles.One time he had a fight with the sports comitee of Tokyo University(it´s an high school), and the seniors put him in the team to try to solve his bad behaviour. When he had 17, he was called to the All Japan Basket Team, Hanamichi Sakuragi 189cm(same has Sakuragi in the manga) was a pro to the japanese, he alone could do 33 points, 10 shoots,3 dunks, 1 three point shoot and 10 free throw. Even if his team loses by 59 points, Hanamichi was always the spotlight. The basketball world became fascinated and he was nominated the japanese hope for basketball.
At that time his father became hill.Hanamichi came back to Tokyo and that would be is last treep.When he get off the bus in Tokyo, in the crossroad of the street to the hospital, a car was come against him. He had a body of steel but the impact was to strong. He was taken to the hospital. But before he enters the operation room he died of internal bleeding. He was just 18 years old. The world of japanese Basketball was destroyed and they call Hanamichi´s death an "perda colossal"(it means a great great loss, but i dont find the correct word in inglish). The mangaka Inoue Takehiko create Slum Dunk based in this person.

Siedhr
September 09, 2006, 07:28 AM
Sorata, thank you for the info and for the translation. Very interesting, I had no idea.

Would you consider maybe a taking a crack at translating 10 Days After?

ibra87
September 09, 2006, 07:34 AM
Interesting. I never knew it was based on a true story. Thanks Sarata.

ThE WoRm
September 09, 2006, 07:45 AM
That was really interesting to read, and sakuragi was 188 in the start, and then he ended in 189.2 :P Me and my buddies laughed about that part, it was written in the end of the series too.
Never knew he was a real person, that was really weird, like I said Oo

NeoShweaty
September 09, 2006, 01:55 PM
Sorata, thank you for the info and for the translation. Very interesting, I had no idea.

Would you consider maybe a taking a crack at translating 10 Days After?

unless the language switched to chinese then i say you are out of luck

Siedhr
September 09, 2006, 02:05 PM
unless the language switched to chinese then i say you are out of luck
I didn't notice. Damn.

Luckas
September 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
I found a Slam Dunk ArtBook with good images, even if the double page images are separeted in 2 images. If someone interested I could try to upload it, but it will took me time because it's big and I have to think of a way.

Siedhr
September 27, 2006, 04:26 PM
There's a good chance it's the same artbook zindryr uploaded some 3 pages ago. You should check.

NeoShweaty
September 27, 2006, 05:07 PM
there is only one slam dunk artbook, so it has to be the same one. I guess it was just scanned by different people.

Luckas
September 27, 2006, 07:56 PM
Yes, it's the same that Zindryr uploaded and I already downloaded, then I redownloade it with a different name in a different place :D

Siedhr
October 10, 2006, 02:50 PM
Look what I found: Kaede Purple (http://www.4shared.com/file/4471205/3d44c2b6/m-kkaede_purple.html). This is a oneshot published before Slam Dunk, about Rukawa. Inoue won some prize with it.

siegfried
October 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
I feel lucky that Inoue decided to make Hanamichi the main character otherwise the story would be pretty tasteless as in the Kaede Purple.

NeoShweaty
October 10, 2006, 05:37 PM
Inoue has come a LONG way (in terms of art) since Kaeda Purple... wtf was up with akagi? Im glad he retooled it

Siedhr
October 10, 2006, 05:47 PM
Yah, Rukawa is even more boring in the oneshot. And poor Akagi is incredibly lame. But the oneshot is pretty interesting.

Sorata
October 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
It´s a good one shot, and i really like Rukawa, but let´s face it - Sakuragi=Slam Dunk.

Tensai Sakuragi
January 06, 2007, 11:36 PM
Slam Dunk is one of the greatest manga EVER.
Few series have so much good stuff going for them(epicness, humor, good characters...).

One of my favorite reads.

Sorata said:

let´s face it - Sakuragi=Slam Dunk

Couldn´t have said it better myself. ;)

BlaZeR
March 09, 2007, 07:04 AM
I read somewhere the manganka continued with "10 days later" or something. is this true/

Zaloof
March 09, 2007, 10:39 AM
slam dunk ended way too soon, it was in its peak
but i liked the ending a lot

Siedhr
March 10, 2007, 05:32 PM
I read somewhere the manganka continued with "10 days later" or something. is this true/

Yes it's true. My group is in the process of scanlating it. A rather long process but we're getting there.

bax
March 10, 2007, 06:07 PM
Nice Siedhr. Can't wait to read it <333

ginousuke
March 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
I love Slam Dunk. My favorite sports manga ever :)

Wow, I didn't know there's a one shot bout Rukawa before Slam Dunk was published. Thanks for sharing it.
I like Rukawa. Yeah, that's right he's kind of boring. And Slam Dunk is all about Sakuragi.
But I like seeing how he and Sakuragi effects each other.

jeffhmwong
March 21, 2007, 08:44 AM
Errr....Guys....I m a huge fan of Slamdunk....really regreted it had to end so soon....

I m VERY suprise theres a second series (10 days later),.......pls inform us where can we get this manga.....for I will kill for it././///LOLZ

cherryenchanted
March 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
I was first introduced to Slam Dunk to its anime version...At first, I didn't know about it's manga..so after many research on the internet about Slam Dunk, that's the time I'd known that there is a manga of it..so after that I did read the manga also...but on the manga chapters wherein it is not shown already on the anime...I think it tooks place on the NATIONALS...

Oh, is there a second series/season of the manga?!well, if that's true, it's great!!can't wait to read!

NiknudStunod
April 10, 2007, 05:38 AM
Saizen is about to resub the anime. I am hoping for dvd quality releases.

jeffhmwong
April 17, 2007, 05:58 AM
Still no news on when the new Slamdunk will be out?

zutto06
April 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
I heard at the time they were making the Slam Dunk series, there was that major earthquake, "Kobe Earthquake" that somehow demotivate the into completing ot continue on the project. Don't know if its true or not.

Its a must read the last few volumes of Slam Dunk I think form volume 23+

jwong_02
July 05, 2007, 12:15 AM
The anime stops after Sakuragi learns the jump shot. If anybody needs a specific volume, I can put it on direct download for you. I have all 31 volumes.

markiemark
October 18, 2007, 01:04 AM
Dang, I was too late to grab the artbook.
Anyone care to re-up?
btw, inoue sensei's studio looks empty. a big wide board. ooks like an empty classroom. i saw pics from this link: http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/345440129iGRKgw

EDIT: ok so i didnt see the whole workplace. it wasnt empty after all. that was prolly just some room. my bad.

scorpio123
October 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
Will there be a sequel to "Slam Dunk"?

Currently there are no plans for a "Slam Dunk 2" or any sequels.
However, according to Mr. Inoue, "I'm waiting for the desire to draw it to come naturally from within me. Since it won't be because somebody is making me do it, but because I want to enjoy drawing it myself, when the time comes for me to deal with those feelings, there will probably be a #2."
(Comment made by Mr. Inoue on NHK TV's "Top Runner" on 6/15/2000)

Can't wait! :D

SskillzX
April 09, 2008, 12:25 PM
I have just finished the anime due to some crazy reviews of it. All I can say that I am wowed on how good it is. Its hillarious and has a lot of action. Its not fake like Prince of Tennis too. I was wondering what is the chapter/Volume of the manga to the the last episode of the anime.

ikuroi
April 09, 2008, 03:56 PM
My tip for you is to read the whole manga, because the manga is so amazing its crazy. Easily one of the best mangas out there imo, Inoue is a great mangaka! Anyway vol 21 is where the national begins, i think u should start there. still many things are very diffrent from the anime so you better read everything.

SskillzX
April 09, 2008, 09:48 PM
How is it different? Is it that much of a difference? I already watched the anime and have a feeling reading the same thing might be cause some boredom. By the way, know any sites to dl the manga?

SkyValker
April 10, 2008, 03:07 AM
Go to google and type: anip server slam dunk manga
You will find a good site that has all the manga scnalated for download but it would take time.
also, you can visit:
realitylapse.com
They also support download accelerators for some manga,
I suggest you try out INUYASHA if you havent...
Its quite good manga!

SskillzX
April 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
i tried to google: anip server slam dunk manga
and none of the sites on google worked.
The realitylapse.com files for slam dunk wouldn't download.

SkyValker
April 11, 2008, 07:18 PM
looks like they are having problems right now. But I dont think that realitylapse should have had a problem downloading. Try using normal method for download instead of download managers.
[hr]
http://www.unc.edu/~achao/sdmanga.html

I found this link, try it. they say this site also offers direct download for volumes 1-30, but if you cant use download managers then try normal download... through mozilla or opera...
hope this helps.

Stevenh1990
November 17, 2009, 05:32 PM
Great manga number one in my 1 in my eyes !!!

sir_arles
February 18, 2011, 12:07 PM
So, I took my time and made the Box Score of the Shohoku vs Sannoh game reading page by page from v.25 to v.31.
Note that Shohoku has 13 points missing and Sannoh has 21 points missing, due to the 10 minutes Fast Forward at the end of v.26, and the 3 minutes skip on v.27. Also, some other stats might not be right because of this time skips. What you see here, is what is SHOWN in the manga.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/lord_arles/th_shohoku-vs-sannoh.jpg (http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/lord_arles/shohoku-vs-sannoh.jpg)

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 23, 2011, 01:51 PM
Wow. That´s pretty cool. Saving it. ~

It´s too bad the end of the 2nd quarter was skipped, but then again... the game is long enough as it is. :p

saladesu
February 23, 2011, 10:57 PM
Wow, that's amazing :zomg Thanks for the hard work, sir_arles!

Now I feel the need to re-read Slam Dunk again :XD

sir_arles
February 23, 2011, 11:01 PM
Hahahaha, no problem! =D

I really had fun re-reading for the 100th time that match XD Gathering the stats was really fun.

Also, you can see how well Mitsui, Sawakita and most of all Sakuragi played =D

Tensai_Sakuragi
February 25, 2011, 01:01 PM
Sawakita is a beast. His plays were pure NBA stuff.

It was funny to see Moroboshi thinking "Don´t count on it" when his coach said he could surpass Eiji... :p

Monn
April 10, 2011, 08:31 PM
I have all volumes of the manga in Spanish. I have read 7 times and whenever I do start again with the same enthusiasm as the first time.

jorped
April 21, 2011, 10:59 AM
I didn't knew that it existed a Slam Dunk thread ! Only came here to say that Slam Dunk is the best sports manga ever !!!! :zomg

Ush
August 02, 2011, 12:29 AM
I wish for Slam Dunk 2 from the bottom of my heart :(

I want to see a taller Sakuragi going up against that Meihou Tech beast. Would be an epic game.

Negative Syndicate
August 02, 2011, 12:33 AM
I wish for Slam Dunk 2 from the bottom of my heart :(

I want to see a taller Sakuragi going up against that Meihou Tech beast. Would be an epic game.

In order to start Slam Dunk 2, then the author have to finish his two ongoing series.

Ush
August 02, 2011, 12:35 AM
I realize that.. but that could still be awhile away it seems. But Slam Dunk 2 could really get people excited for a sports manga again. Here's hoping when his series are over, he chooses to make a sequel.

I honestly can't imagine myself being more excited for anything else.

Here goes the translation:
Hanamichi Sakuragi has born in 1968 on a poor family. His mother died when he was a child.
Without the love of his mother,he used violence to solve his problems.From a little child to a big boy: when he was 12 years, he was already 175cm taller, and because of the many fights he had on the street his body gain strong muscles.One time he had a fight with the sports comitee of Tokyo University(it´s an high school), and the seniors put him in the team to try to solve his bad behaviour. When he had 17, he was called to the All Japan Basket Team, Hanamichi Sakuragi 189cm(same has Sakuragi in the manga) was a pro to the japanese, he alone could do 33 points, 10 shoots,3 dunks, 1 three point shoot and 10 free throw. Even if his team loses by 59 points, Hanamichi was always the spotlight. The basketball world became fascinated and he was nominated the japanese hope for basketball.
At that time his father became hill.Hanamichi came back to Tokyo and that would be is last treep.When he get off the bus in Tokyo, in the crossroad of the street to the hospital, a car was come against him. He had a body of steel but the impact was to strong. He was taken to the hospital. But before he enters the operation room he died of internal bleeding. He was just 18 years old. The world of japanese Basketball was destroyed and they call Hanamichi´s death an "perda colossal"(it means a great great loss, but i dont find the correct word in inglish). The mangaka Inoue Takehiko create Slum Dunk based in this person.

Ahh, I remember when this story was circulating the internet.. About a 'real' Sakuragi Hanamichi. It was fake of course, but a lot of people believed it :P Made for a good story anyways.

Tensai_Sakuragi
August 02, 2011, 09:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efZBu8RoLc&feature=channel_video_title

For those who have read the Sannoh match. It´ll brighten your day, believe me.

Ush
August 02, 2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efZBu8RoLc&feature=channel_video_title

For those who have read the Sannoh match. It´ll brighten your day, believe me.

That was an amazing video, nearly brought me to tears.

I looked around to see how they must have done it, turns out there's some sort of Slam Dunk patch for NBA 2k9. I must have this, haha. You can play as like all of the teams, Shoyo, Aiwa etc.

Brandnewkid
November 09, 2011, 10:33 PM
How many English dubs of Slam Dunk are there? I am aware that there is the Singaporean English dub that only had about 11 episodes dubbed, but now I'm watching a different English dub that apparently has 50 episodes dubbed?

Negative Syndicate
November 22, 2011, 03:08 PM
I want to ask you guys about an incident that happened on Slam Dunk before.

On 2005, manga called Eden no Hana was accused for being plagiarised scenes from Slam Dunk (and Real), thus Kodansha confirmed many of the allegations and the author admitted that she copied some of them. Therefore, Kodansha ceased all of the author's works.

However, Eden no Hana was pretty popular in Japan, so the fans of this series are pissed off to Inoue Takehiko (author of Slam Dunk). Thus, they counter-argued that Inoue plagiarised some of Slam Dunk's scenes from actual NBA scenes.

Does anyone know what happened after this? Did the publisher and Inoue did something on reaction to this? Or is this issue just faded away?

Krampet
February 24, 2013, 06:21 AM
I want to ask you guys about an incident that happened on Slam Dunk before.

On 2005, manga called Eden no Hana was accused for being plagiarised scenes from Slam Dunk (and Real), thus Kodansha confirmed many of the allegations and the author admitted that she copied some of them. Therefore, Kodansha ceased all of the author's works.

However, Eden no Hana was pretty popular in Japan, so the fans of this series are pissed off to Inoue Takehiko (author of Slam Dunk). Thus, they counter-argued that Inoue plagiarised some of Slam Dunk's scenes from actual NBA scenes.

Does anyone know what happened after this? Did the publisher and Inoue did something on reaction to this? Or is this issue just faded away?

who the hell cares.......now? SD ended beautifully, somewhat unsatisfying, but great. i really want if some of Inoue sensie's SD assistant would continue the story. or Inoue sensie himself.

Airgrimes
April 01, 2013, 04:31 AM
Has anyone ever thought about the Kanagawa Prefecture Tournament next year in the series?

Who do you think would go through?
Notable players of each team:

Champions Kainan: Soichiro Jin, Nobunaga Kiyota

Runner-Up: Shohoku: Miyagi Ryota, Rukawa Kaede, Sakuragi Hanamichi

3rd Place: Sendoh Akira, Fukuda Kicchou, Koshino Hiroaki

I'm personally betting on Shohoku winning it next year.

FaustXIII
April 03, 2013, 12:08 AM
Sakuragi still has a back injury right?

Airgrimes
April 03, 2013, 07:53 AM
You do know Kainan lost in the finals right?
I'm talking about one year later in the series.
Re-read my post. This question makes no sense.

I know Kainan reached the finals at the end of the series, but a year later with Jin as Captain and no Maki since Maki has graduated I see Shohoku as the best team in the region.

And @X3D2YFaust
At this far into the Kanagawa tournament I expect Sakuragi's back to have healed since I doubt Sakuragi will be needed for the first 2-3 matches in Kanagawa with Rukawa and Miyagi.
But Sakuragi became simply an amazing player at the end of the series so I expect Shohoku to easily make it to the Final 4 of Kanagawa.

Ryonan would also be awesome.

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 03, 2013, 02:42 PM
I'm talking about one year later in the series.
Re-read my post. This question makes no sense.

I know Kainan reached the finals at the end of the series, but a year later with Jin as Captain and no Maki since Maki has graduated I see Shohoku as the best team in the region.

And @X3D2YFaust
At this far into the Kanagawa tournament I expect Sakuragi's back to have healed since I doubt Sakuragi will be needed for the first 2-3 matches in Kanagawa with Rukawa and Miyagi.
But Sakuragi became simply an amazing player at the end of the series so I expect Shohoku to easily make it to the Final 4 of Kanagawa.

Ryonan would also be awesome.

Man i feel like a D!ck now. If were talking about the Kanagawa Shohoku will win it, 2nd place would be between Ryonan and Kainan. I don't even think Shoyo will even make the final 4.

Airgrimes
April 04, 2013, 07:08 AM
Man i feel like a D!ck now. If were talking about the Kanagawa Shohoku will win it, 2nd place would be between Ryonan and Kainan. I don't even think Shoyo will even make the final 4.
Yeah, Shoyo had only one 2nd Year who was the Point Guard before Fujima told him to get off and took over.
So he was only on the bench to the 2nd best Point Guard in Kanagawa so he could be a fairly good 2nd year.

I reckon the team that Sakuragi's Middle SChool friend is from, (The guy who hated Sakuragi for starting Basketball lol) would make final 4 or the OVA-only team Ryokufu.

I see Kainan as a massive threat still. Soichiro Jin was the highest scorer in the whole Kanagawa tournament by a good margin.
Thanks to 3pointers, that team is still home to the best scorer in the City.

FaustXIII
April 04, 2013, 08:19 AM
Sakuragi will guard Jin.
Nobunaga will lead for Kainan in scoring.

Shohoku will win by 4-8 points.

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 04, 2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Shoyo had only one 2nd Year who was the Point Guard before Fujima told him to get off and took over.
So he was only on the bench to the 2nd best Point Guard in Kanagawa so he could be a fairly good 2nd year.

I reckon the team that Sakuragi's Middle SChool friend is from, (The guy who hated Sakuragi for starting Basketball lol) would make final 4 or the OVA-only team Ryokufu.

I see Kainan as a massive threat still. Soichiro Jin was the highest scorer in the whole Kanagawa tournament by a good margin.
Thanks to 3pointers, that team is still home to the best scorer in the City.

Shohoku should get the best crop of freshmen too, which would make them stronger. Losing Maki gonna will be a big blow for Kainan but they should still be a threat.

Airgrimes
April 04, 2013, 04:06 PM
Sakuragi will guard Jin.
Nobunaga will lead for Kainan in scoring.

Shohoku will win by 4-8 points.
Sakuragi can prevent any passes from reaching Jin sure.
But its a fact that not even Rukawa, Sawakita or Sendoh could stop 3pointers. And remember Jin was an even better Shooting Guard than Mitsui.
So the captain in Jin is seriously dangerous.
With Sakuragi now able to score points from both dunks and shooting like other players, and being the best Blocker and Rebounder in Kanagawa, with Rukawa who can do pretty much everything, Miyagi being now the 2nd best Point Guard in Kanagawa due to Sendoh switching position.

Nobunaga will be marked heavily by Rukawa, something Rukawa can do. He was a bit better than both Nobunaga and Sakuragi.
But overall I do agree with the 4-8 point gap in Shohoku's favour.

Shohoku should get the best crop of freshmen too, which would make them stronger. Losing Maki gonna will be a big blow for Kainan but they should still be a threat.
Since Shohoku are the only team to have Sannoh a defeat for... 2 years I believe?
You're right they'll share best freshman pick with teams like Aiwa from another city (Aichi) who battered them since they were exhausted and had no Sakuragi, and Kainan who came 2nd.

So both Kainan and Shohoku are going to get at least ONE TOP level freshman.

At the same time, Sendoh & Fukuda are a serious threat. And Koshino was a solid player.
Koshino was similar to Miyagi in the sense that he was good, but just not as good as the top two players in the city in his position.
Koshino is the 3rd best Shooting Guard behind Jin then Mitsui.

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 04, 2013, 05:58 PM
Since Shohoku are the only team to have Sannoh a defeat for... 2 years I believe?
You're right they'll share best freshman pick with teams like Aiwa from another city (Aichi) who battered them since they were exhausted and had no Sakuragi, and Kainan who came 2nd.

So both Kainan and Shohoku are going to get at least ONE TOP level freshman.

At the same time, Sendoh & Fukuda are a serious threat. And Koshino was a solid player.
Koshino was similar to Miyagi in the sense that he was good, but just not as good as the top two players in the city in his position.
Koshino is the 3rd best Shooting Guard behind Jin then Mitsui.
Didn't Sannoh win the National Champions for 3 years in a row Before there defeat to Shohoku? Yeah defeating Sannoh would've put their name on the map.

Wouldn't Meiou be the more promising school to join in the Aichi region, since there the National Champions and have that freshman monster.

Was Koshino a solid shooting guard? I really don't remember but then again that could be because of Jin and Mitsui level shooting.

Airgrimes
April 05, 2013, 08:45 AM
Wouldn't Meiou be the more promising school to join in the Aichi region, since there the National Champions and have that freshman monster.

I totally forgot about who even won the Nationals. That was a surprise for me.
So Aichi prefecture would again have favorites to win the Nationals.

Was Koshino a solid shooting guard? I really don't remember but then again that could be because of Jin and Mitsui level shooting.
Yeah Ryonan's coach goes on about how good he is but just not as good a shooter in comparison Mitsui and Jin.

I just think Ryonan will defeat Kainan by like 4 points though.
Sendoh is better than Rukawa, Fukuda was said to be the best player by the net or something too.

I watched the anime before following the manga, so I have fond memories of how good Sendoh was. He was fantastic.
I see Ryonan going Nationals and Kainan not making it for the first time in years.
Despite how good Kainan would still be.

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 05, 2013, 09:27 AM
I totally forgot about who even won the Nationals. That was a surprise for me.
So Aichi prefecture would again have favorites to win the Nationals.

I just think Ryonan will defeat Kainan by like 4 points though.
Sendoh is better than Rukawa, Fukuda was said to be the best player by the net or something too.

I watched the anime before following the manga, so I have fond memories of how good Sendoh was. He was fantastic.
I see Ryonan going Nationals and Kainan not making it for the first time in years.
Despite how good Kainan would still be.

It was never said who won the Nationals but since Kainan, Sannoh or Shohoku didn't win it Meihou the only logical choice.

That was true before the Nationals and Sannoh match but Rukawa should be a level above Sendoh now. Yeah Sendoh was awesome to wacth play 1 of my favourites characters.

Yeah if Kainan don't get a Rukawa or Sendoh type of freshman joining them next year I don't see making Nationals. Unless Nobunaga improved a lot during the Kainan run to the final.

How do you think Sannoh will do a the Nationals next year? If they don't put in then same block as Meihou or Shohoku I think maybe 3rd/4th.

Airgrimes
April 05, 2013, 10:56 AM
It was never said who won the Nationals but since Kainan, Sannoh or Shohoku didn't win it Meihou the only logical choice.
Nah, remember that when Moroboshi Dai got back onto the field, Meihou barely got any points and it Moroboshi single-handedly brought the game really close.
Doesn't his coach say "the only man who may be able to challenge Eiji Sawakita is you! Moroboshi".
Although Moroboshi thinks he can't, I think its clear Moroboshi is at the Top tier in the Japanese Youth Basket Ball world along with:
Sendoh, Sawakita, Maki, Rukawa, Masashi, Fukatsu, Minoru, Tsuchiya and... Fujima (?)

That was true before the Nationals and Sannoh match but Rukawa should be a level above Sendoh now. Yeah Sendoh was awesome to wacth play 1 of my favourites characters.
There was a bit of a gap, but considering Rukawa was invited to do some training with the All-Japan team at the very end, you're right he's either equal to Sendoh or a tiny bit above now. I always found it weird how the main characters rival in a series had a growth just as big as the main characters'.
(Besides Naruto which is sorta based off of Slam Dunk anyway)

How do you think Sannoh will do a the Nationals next year? If they don't put in then same block as Meihou or Shohoku I think maybe 3rd/4th.
Depends what time of year Sawakita comes back to Japan. If the season ends in USA at a convenient time, then sure he can come back and help them get a Best 4 spot.
I don't see Sakuragi and Rukawa losing to the "threat" of Mikio at all. Mikio needs to add so much more to his game.
It'll be one-man-show for Sawakita although we should expect Sannoh to get at least one top freshman.

I think Best 4 will be Shohoku, Sannoh, Ryonan & Meihou.

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 05, 2013, 01:42 PM
Nah, remember that when Moroboshi Dai got back onto the field, Meihou barely got any points and it Moroboshi single-handedly brought the game really close.
Doesn't his coach say "the only man who may be able to challenge Eiji Sawakita is you! Moroboshi".
Although Moroboshi thinks he can't, I think its clear Moroboshi is at the Top tier in the Japanese Youth Basket Ball world along with:
Sendoh, Sawakita, Maki, Rukawa, Masashi, Fukatsu, Minoru, Tsuchiya and... Fujima (?)

Mehiou still defeated Aiwa and even before Moroboshi got injured they were about 10pnts ahead, also that was Hiroshi high school debut and Meihou was growing Shohoku. I would add Hiroshi to that list as well. [/QUOTE]

There was a bit of a gap, but considering Rukawa was invited to do some training with the All-Japan team at the very end, you're right he's either equal to Sendoh or a tiny bit above now. I always found it weird how the main characters rival in a series had a growth just as big as the main characters'.
(Besides Naruto which is sorta based off of Slam Dunk anyway)

Your overrating Sendoh even before the Nationals Rukawa was nearly his equal. By the end of Sannoh's match Rukawa was nearly at the same level as Sawakita who mop the floor with Sendoh. Rukawa still has close to a year too grow and his growth rate is higher than Sendoh. Next time they play each other it would like Sawakita Vs. Rukawa.

Depends what time of year Sawakita comes back to Japan. If the season ends in USA at a convenient time, then sure he can come back and help them get a Best 4 spot. 
I don't see Sakuragi and Rukawa losing to the "threat" of Mikio at all. Mikio needs to add so much more to his game.
It'll be one-man-show for Sawakita although we should expect Sannoh to get at least one top freshman.
If Sawakita doesn't come back I could still them in the top 4. Ryonan is not good enough for top 4 at Nationals top 8 maybe.

Which players do you think representative Japan?

Airgrimes
April 07, 2013, 12:44 PM
Maybe I am overrating Sendoh, but only slightly!
Sendoh was just ridiculously awesome. but due to making it to the All-Japan team I can agree Rukawa can edge him out.

I think next year's Team of Kanagawa will be:
Soichiro Jin, Rukawa Kaede, Sendoh Akira, Miyagi Ryota, Sakuragi Hanamichi

I just think now that Sakuragi can do everything now except 3pointers and the fact that he has that crazy vendetta against Rukawa for pretty much no reason his improvement along with Rukawa's is just going to sky-rocket like last years.

The All-Japan Team is going to have subs so are talking about this years team or next years?

Demon Roronoa Zoro
April 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
The whole of Japan. Do the top 4 of the Nationals play each other?

Airgrimes
April 15, 2013, 12:10 PM
Well the structure of the tournament just had Semifinals then Final. So The Top4 don't seem to play one another in the tournament like the City tournaments.

For the whole of Japan? I know for tournaments only 15 Players are allowed in a Squad for tournaments.
Likely squad of 15:

Eiji Sawakita, Masashi Kawata, Fukatsu Kazunari, Minoru Matsumoto (Sannoh), Moroboshi Dai (Aiwa),
Rukawa Kaede, Akagi Takenori (Shohoku), Maki Shinichi, Jin Soichiro, Nobunaga Kiyota (Kainan), Tsuchiya Jun (Daiei), Morishige Hiroshi (Meihou).

Not sure who else to add to make 15.

jimtors
July 13, 2014, 09:19 PM
is there gonna be a continuation of slam dunk any time soon???