PDA

View Full Version : skill and ''willpower''

DutchPhoenix
June 09, 2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/52/10/

is that the power shanks used to faint WB's crew and zoro used for asura?

''heart''

Razh
June 09, 2008, 04:16 PM
I don't think he meant it in that context. Even if he did, what difference does it make? The name of that skill is the least interesting thing about it. If it's called heart, then what? We're still on the same spot.

I think it's closer to "will" though.

DutchPhoenix
June 09, 2008, 07:02 PM
i think oda will focus from now on more developping the ''heart''

Goji
June 10, 2008, 04:36 AM
I agree with Razh, I think Oda meant something like 'will' or 'guts'. Zoro needs to be both physically and mentally be prepared to face Mihawk again someday. That's what he meant with skill and heart IMO.

And I think this thread needs to be moved to the Tree of Knowledge. :p

DutchPhoenix
June 10, 2008, 06:09 AM
yes i posted it in wrong section =(

Goji
June 10, 2008, 07:15 AM
yes i posted it in wrong section =(
It's already fixed, so no worries. xD
(btw: it's nice to see some other dutchspeaking ppl around here ^^)

Back on topic: the whole 'will', 'spirit', 'reiatsu', 'haki' or whatever you want to call it is still a little unclear in the OP-storyline. I hope we learn a bit more from it soon, maybe from Rayleigh?

Razh
June 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
I doubt that the 2 times we have seen the abillity in a short time are just a coincidence. Esepcially after the long break from Shanks' last appearance.
Now we have Luffy using it passively, and a few chapters later there s a guy who uses it at will, and he was Roger's first mate. Even if Luffy doesn't find out more about it, us readers probably will.

Now while I was writing this an idea jumped into my mind, though.
Maybe Rayleigh will notice Luffy using it, and than comment to himself something about Luffy being simmilar to Roger, and tell him nothing about it.
Honestly, I would like it more if Luffy came up with this "thing" by himself, rather than seeing something that would remind me of Star Wars :p

Absolutio
June 10, 2008, 04:03 PM
I always assumed, ever since Shank's incident with WB that this "Spirit" is the outburst of their awesome inner strength and resolve. It's the output of their inner-selves towards the area. It's the power from inside.. :s
or something like that.. :p