PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 52 (ch503-512) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KaNx
June 13, 2008, 03:11 AM
The RAW is out, get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32944)!!

Go ahead and discuss about the chapter guys ;) And also predict the next :)

gfire2
June 13, 2008, 04:04 AM
wow.......... one piece just gets better and better

just gotta wait until luffy can do that vigor move

neomaster121
June 13, 2008, 04:09 AM
the fighting was awsome much better than i thought

knivez
June 13, 2008, 04:33 AM
Robin was using her wings again : D I love her so much.

purplerose_04
June 13, 2008, 04:39 AM
man soo kool...man i hate this... after reading one chapter i'm dying for another one.... I wonder if there is a day when i'm not...

natli
June 13, 2008, 04:49 AM
The bear just wins. But flying!Robin comes a close second.

Now that I think about it, Luffy has no place to talk. Chopper is much cuter and fluffier than that bear.

captainjustin
June 13, 2008, 04:52 AM
tell me about it purplerose_04!! i feel like every day i'm just waiting for these early friday mornings. :)

an awesome chapter. really touching seeing how close all the strawhats are under fire and how loyal they are to luffy. trafalgar is still being mysterious, and rayleigh, well he's just 100% win. this made my week.

k-dom
June 13, 2008, 04:59 AM
the fighting was awsome much better than i thought
So true, the spoiler threads were wisely chosen
These Tenryuubito have really no common sense, thinking they are a match against the SH after Charlos received the punch of his life

Eustass Kid
June 13, 2008, 06:50 AM
Awesome chapter, like always :D Oda has done it again!
Haha, Roswald was knocked out by Ussop's butt! I hope Ussop will get his own bounty because of that. Something like 35 million Berri.
I hope that even Kidd's, Killer's and Law's bounties are going to be increased, and the crews of those two will go to the New World. I hope that Luffy's bounty will rise too for punching Charloss.
Rayleigh was awesome as well, for knocking out all the audiance.

Beatlefan
June 13, 2008, 07:36 AM
wow.......... one piece just gets better and better

just gotta wait until luffy can do that vigor move

I think he can already:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/17/

Sachsenhesse
June 13, 2008, 07:55 AM
awesome :)

"this bear too?" :D

rayleigh really is some kind of zoro...

Listic
June 13, 2008, 08:00 AM
Ohh god, i want more! This was an awesome chapter, it just keeps getting better. Seriously at the moment Oda is leaving the other big shonens in the dust :).

Hmm, how come Rayleigh knows about Luffy? Of course it could be from the papers, but i hope and think it's something else. Can't wait for it to be revealed!. I'm gonna sleep for a whole week now, just to wake up to the jump!.

Organizized
June 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
Oda has always outshined the other big shonens imo.

This chapter was awesome. It's action packed, got nice dialogue and I really have been waiting for things to get moving during these recent "build up the scene"-chapters (which, obviously, have been necessary but still..) and I'm not disappointed.

As for how Rayleigh knows Luffy, Luffy is rather famous so it's no surprise. But Rayleigh should also be acquainted to alot of the "legends" from the older days somehow, like Shanks, Garp and perhaps even Dragon who all know Luffy so he might have heard a couple of words from one of those regarding Luffy. It's still very probable that he just heard rumours and read the newspapers though.

henrikoez
June 13, 2008, 08:29 AM
really,really awesome as always.. I can't wait for the next chapter...i'm more more enthusiastic with one piece than naruto and bleach xD

I think we'll see Garp meet Rayleigh in that place >.<
I wonder why Kidd and Law didn't surprised with Luffy's action :p

Each chapter is so so cool, i can't wait!!! Rayleigh!!

ydarsius
June 13, 2008, 08:42 AM
Luffy just punch the boy, but usoop kick his dad :)

my predict Usoop bounty will sky rocketing :)) priceless

and camie outprice luffy by 200 million :)) she should be come strawhat's captain :))

ODA RULEZZZZZZZ

Organizized
June 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
my predict Usoop bounty will sky rocketing :)) priceless

It'd be funny if he got an insane bounty that he doesn't deserve and can't live up to. "Usopp, one of the twelve supernova"... Actually, nah. But he might at least get his own bounty now.

Sachsenhesse
June 13, 2008, 09:13 AM
it would be nice to have an halfsogeking and halfusopp wanted poster with a higher bounty then sanji :D

ydarsius
June 13, 2008, 09:40 AM
QUESTION :

will duval get his "real" bounty now?? cause his man been seen helping SH???

:) i wonder what will be in his poster?? his old face or his new one :)

ODA RULEZZZZZZ

sharingan_kakashi
June 13, 2008, 11:32 AM
it would be nice to have an halfsogeking and halfusopp wanted poster with a higher bounty then sanji :D

that and Choppers bounty. They will see that he isnt just a pet.

@Duval. hehe i dont thnk a bounty hunter should get a bounty :p

LoS
June 13, 2008, 11:50 AM
So what happened to Kid and his crew?

One thing is for certain, everyone will walk out of the auction together and confront the Marines and possibly Garp together.

jjrbraves
June 13, 2008, 11:57 AM
So what happened to Kid and his crew?

One thing is for certain, everyone will walk out of the auction together and confront the Marines and possibly Garp together.Ya, I can see it right now, a two page spread of Kidd's, Luffy's, and Law's crews walking out ogether with Rayleigh ready to fight.

Imitorar
June 13, 2008, 11:58 AM
This was a wonderful chapter. I loved how the first few pages showcase the shock everyone feels towards Luffy punching Chalros, and then how the fact that an Admiral could be summoned is brought to the forefront. You can feel suspense and desperation as the Straw Hats try to break Caimie free and get away from the Sabaody Archipelago as fast as possible before they get an Admiral sicced on them.

Luffy pointing out the bear sitting next to Law makes me wonder if Oda did that just for fun, or if the bear is something important. Perhaps a Zoan Fruit, we haven't seen one before. Or it might just be a talking bear, that'd be fun too. Law himself continues to be calm and mysterious, as well as subtle and manipulative. He also seems to be very "in-the-know" as to what's going on the Sabaody Archipelago. I still have no clue as to what he wants, or as to what ANY of the other non-Straw Hat Super Novae want and are gonna do in this arc. Oda's saving that for later in the arc, I guess.

And Rayleigh shows up again, this time managing to knock out an entire room of guards with the sheer force of his presence. This man is seriously powerful (like we didn't know that). He seems to be able to cooly asses a situation and take everything in stride, much like Zoro, although a bit calmer. It is a good trait for a first-mate (which Zoro de-facto is, if not officially) to have. He recognizes the hat and seems to feel that Luffy has the right to wear it. I suppose Luffy must feel a bit proud knowing that he's starting to live up to the legend of his idol, Shanks. Rayleigh might have some interesting stories about Shanks' cabin boy days, actually. Either way, he's looked forward to meeting Luffy, probably because he heard about him while he was off gambling and carousing, and recognized the straw hat as Shanks' old hat, and realized that the "D" in Luffy's name was indicative of something great in the future of the young pirate.

As has been noted, Rayleigh is (rather ironically) a GOLDMINE of information about Roger, the Grand Line, the One Piece world in general, and nearly EVERYTHING. I do NOT think that he knows what One Piece is, since it is my firm belief that Roger hid One Piece on his own, with no accompaniment from his crew, since he wanted the treasure to remain a complete mystery, and because he wouldn't want any of his crew-members to have an advantage in the search for One Piece. Even if Rayleigh does for some reason know, which as I said, I find extremely unlikely, I doubt that Luffy would want to find out from someone else, or that Rayleigh would spoil the adventure by telling Luffy even if he DID ask, since I think it would go against Roger's wishes. The same goes for how to get to Raftel, assuming it takes more then nigh-ludicrously good navigation and a bit of luck, although Rayleigh almost definitely knows that. But I still think that he wouldn't tell the Straw Hats, so as not to spoil their adventure, because that's what Roger would want.

I think that Rayleigh WILL tell them hints and snippets of information about the One Piece world and the Grand Line and the Blues of Roger's day, with perhaps a few hints of real information, but I'm betting on Rayleigh bringing up more mysteries to be revealed in the future then he solves. And of course, there's still the issue of the Admiral coming. Rayleigh is good, but he's also a bit old, so I think that an Admiral, which would probably be a bit of a stretch for him at any time (I mean, he was only Roger's first mate, it's not like he was Roger himself or anything), would be a real stretch for Rayleigh at the moment. And surrounded by Marines in addition to having an Admiral to face, I think even Rayleigh would be a bit too hard pressed. I think that my theories about Garp and/or Smoker from last week still stand, but if Oda chooses to actually send an Admiral, I am eagerly curious as to how the Straw Hats and Company will escape.

But that won't be the end of this arc. The other Super Novae still have to do something important, whether or not Luffy finds out about Ace's impending execution and how he reacts to the news if he does find out need to be shown, and I'm sure there will be some more adventures beyond this Celestial Dragons/slavers fiasco before the coating of Sunny is finished.

LoS
June 13, 2008, 12:06 PM
And of course, there's still the issue of the Admiral coming.

We dont even know that. How is an admiral called, who has to call them? We can safely assume that they have been alerted, but if a Noble has to alert them it would seem they were all incapacitated before they could manage the call.

kurz
June 13, 2008, 12:11 PM
haha i think luffy pointing out the bear is a kind of joke..
and it is soo like him to be amazed by it..i laughed at that man..lolz
another part that is funny was when usopp was thrown out from the flying fish..
"i never said i could flyyy!" hahaha :D

somehow i feel like rayleigh knows luffy very well..not just from rumors and news of course

Imitorar
June 13, 2008, 12:15 PM
We dont even know that. How is an admiral called, who has to call them? We can safely assume that they have been alerted, but if a Noble has to alert them it would seem they were all incapacitated before they could manage the call.

I actually brought that up last week, but due to the facts that the Human Auction is surrounded by Marines and a crowd of people ran out of the building screaming for an Admiral to be summoned, I think that Marine Headquarters being informed of this is pretty likely. I admit, the Straw Hats MAY still be able to stop whoever needs to summon an Admiral from doing it, but I think that the Marines being aware of what happens means that it's too late to stop word of a blow to a Celestial Dragon from getting out, and eventually, to Marine Headquarters and an Admiral. If that's who they send, at least. I'm holding onto my Garp/Smoker theories for now, but that's kind of a separate discussion anyway.

k-dom
June 13, 2008, 12:20 PM
somehow i feel like rayleigh knows luffy very well..not just from rumors and news of course

well, it must have been his first question to Shanks when he saw him without hat and just one arm

LoS
June 13, 2008, 12:22 PM
Marine Headquarters being informed of this is pretty likely

Unless those Marines surrounding the auction house have some ulterior motive, like say they are Garp's men and have been told to be quiet. But like I said, I side with the idea that the Admiral or whoever gets informed of the events.

Akainu
June 13, 2008, 02:14 PM
on a first note till I get a propper scan (either online or zip. no rar -.-):
wth is up with the strawhat? it looks totally deformed this chapter oO

kkck
June 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
It would be funny if ussop has two bountys, one as sogeking and one as ussop.

purplerose_04
June 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
It would be funny if ussop has two bountys, one as sogeking and one as ussop.

yea that would be funny...but i think everyone Bounty will go up again..

i have a question though.. I wonder why Rayleigh and Hacchi are so close to each other.. does that mean Rayleigh also know arlong?

seriously there a lot of questions I wanna know now, but i think lil by lil, it will be explain.. hopefully

Cease
June 13, 2008, 02:52 PM
Wow guess that punch was massive, since the bubble around Charlos' head is gone. Usopp landing on Rosward was priceless as well.

Law sure does seem mysterious, and where'd Kidd go?
Can't wait til next week yet again. OP>Bleach+Naruto...

kal-elh
June 13, 2008, 03:59 PM
kid probably left already cuz they know that the marines are pretty close to the action house so the smart thing to do is just run away.

well if you put the straw hats and Rayleigh + the giant I don't really see how anyone could ever stop them but we are talking about garap so they will have trouble but they are the main characters and they will scape.

Akainu
June 13, 2008, 04:22 PM
I've got some serious questions on this chapter:
what does Roswald want with stuffed women? I mean... well ... no, just no!
what does that sign in the middle of stage mean (the one between the not-doflamingo-smileys)? is it important? if so its destrustion is symbolic.
(repeating myself: the strawhat looks unusual to me)
does running out really sound like the best option for you? there is a ring of marines out there (page 14).
Disco was shot right? propper payment for this greedy violent guy...

varquous
June 13, 2008, 04:27 PM
Great chapter as always. Didn't expect the Rayleigh simply say 'hi' to Luffy. On page 3, I think that bear is actually a costume.

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 13, 2008, 04:55 PM
Just read the chapter.
Wow it a really great one. See ussop knocking Roswald out with his butt was great. I can't wait for the next chapter.

kal-elh
June 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
dude the most important question is why the bubble didn't break when usop fell on top of it and the other thing is that his glasses brook when the bubble didn't.

Vizard5
June 13, 2008, 05:52 PM
i think the strawhat looks normal... and i don't think usopp will get his own bounty, cause i think the whole point with sogeking is about yasopp not knowing about usopp...

and is that an eye on the bear's throat on p. 3?

lordHokage
June 13, 2008, 06:12 PM
This chapter was awesome, Luffy rocks and Rayleigh looks a lot like Monkey D. Garp. :D

kal-elh
June 13, 2008, 06:32 PM
that is weird (Rayleigh looks a lot like Monkey D. Garp)

but to think that sogeking had anything to do whit yasopp thats wicked never thought about that to me that had to do with usopp leaving the crew but not leaving.

Mische
June 13, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah it definately is an eye! its someone in a bear costume... odd!
Also the sword he holds is the same one Law had next to him on his first appearance not his own one as it was suspected.

Rayleigh would really be a pool of information. The question is what Luffy wants to hear. He won´t tell to much about whats coming up for them. More of some nice stories from back then. What i would really like to hear is how Roger was cought and who cought him.

The marines outside the auction will be no problem for Ray. Unlikely that most of them can keep conciousness if he knocks them off again.
For now its only likely that Garp will appear. Him being the one chasing them off the island would be boring though. I don´t see him and Luffy in a serious fight against each other. Smoker said he will chase him in the new world. They are close now so its getting more and more likely but still so far no clews have been given.

Hard to predict who their enemy will be but maybe it will really be an Admiral coming to the island. As i said both Garp and Smoker are not serious opponents. Although they are standing on different sides and they are enemys in a way they still share a certain value. Does anyone see smoker laying somewhere being brutally beaten up by Luffy? I don´t...
Maybe chasing them off the island but there wasn´t one serious fight in this arc and so far none is in sight. I don´t see them running off the island like this.

I could see an admiral coming, the Sh´s giving a good fight but Luffy will loose. They somehow make it off the archipelagio though and head to fishman island. There is a direct connection to mariejoa so the marines will be searching there for them and eventually the admiral will have his appearance there too. If it comes to a sec. fight against him in Fishman island everything could happen (well since the main characters in mangas tend to not loose so often its quite clear though ;))

mask0
June 13, 2008, 07:22 PM
"sorry bout that old man"
ha nice ^^

anyway
wonder how Silver took off his and the giant collars??

JC123
June 13, 2008, 07:29 PM
haha i think luffy pointing out the bear is a kind of joke..
and it is soo like him to be amazed by it..i laughed at that man..lolz
another part that is funny was when usopp was thrown out from the flying fish..
"i never said i could flyyy!" hahaha :D

Hmmm... Luffy always has a very good nose at finding out who is the strongest bad guy.

Remember how he sniffed out the "Pigeon Guy" as a huge force to be reckoned with?

Or how about how tenaciously he took on #0 after getting beat twice before? (Okay, that one was a bad example but still...)

predsfan
June 13, 2008, 07:53 PM
Wow, another awesome chapter. I especially love how Luffy was more concerned about the bear than about Law. I expect nothing less from him. Also, as usual, Robin seems to be the most informed of the Strawhats, as even though she wasn't there when Shakky talked about the Supernova, she seemed to already know who Law was. I guess that's not surprising considering she is probably the smartest of the crew.

Also, what's the deal with Robin's hat:

off- http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000052392/11.jpg
on- http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000052392/13.jpg
on- http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000052392/14.jpg
off (i think)- http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000052392/15.jpg

not important, but I am easily amused ;)

viajengquolorum
June 13, 2008, 07:54 PM
the chapter is awesome as always! and luffy wondering for the bear funny...

did smoker says that he is going to meet luffy in new world? so i think that ruled out the possibility of smoker showing up in SA...

i wonder what is kidd doing ryt now..

predsfan
June 13, 2008, 08:20 PM
what does that sign in the middle of stage mean (the one between the not-doflamingo-smileys)? is it important? if so its destrustion is symbolic.

I think it's supposed to be this kanji->売. I looked it up, and it means something along the lines to be sold, which would make sense considering it's an auction. Which makes me think it's not important.

bittman
June 13, 2008, 08:25 PM
Alright! Time to do some procrastination reviewing~

Also, I miss Robin in a dress and stockings. What's this shirt and jeans shit! D<

renrutal
June 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
I doubt Garp wants to meet Raileigh to arrest him. He probably will invite him to have a cup of green tea, like the old times.

I predict some old storytelling about Garp vs Rogers crew, maybe featuring Dragon as a little boy scout for the marines back then.

wing_gundam
June 13, 2008, 10:38 PM
Great chapter! Oda did a fantastic job making you forget that there's an equally huge event going on in the horizon (Ace). To do that Oda really played some interesting developments. For instance, I'm actually glad that Usopp didn't succumb to the aura. As the most human member of the SH's (since Nami at least fights with dials), I've always cheered him on. His bravery is certainly developing. Plus I'm just glad he doesn't fight with eggs and sneeze powder anymore :p I hope it doesn't turn out that Rayleigh just didn't focus on the SH specifically... but he'd have mad powers if he could direct his aura on certain people only.

JC123
June 13, 2008, 10:48 PM
I doubt Garp wants to meet Raileigh to arrest him. He probably will invite him to have a cup of green tea, like the old times.

I predict some old storytelling about Garp vs Rogers crew, maybe featuring Dragon as a little boy scout for the marines back then.

Quoted for truth. :p

Seriously, if Garp was really harsh on Luffy, I wonder how he treated his own son?

skullshuriken734
June 14, 2008, 12:44 AM
OK
kid and law are both pirates so i doubt they will help at first
if anything they fight zoro and sanji (respectively)

strawhats win of course but they find out ace is to be executed
the supernovas help

we've already met one admiral so we may meet a second
luffy fights the second while the supernovas help take over
the marine head quarters
(at least long enough for luffy to save ace)

ace then joins his brother for a little while
(at least til they run into white beard)

in my opinion caimie and hachi join crew (starfish too)
being the 9th and 10th members

Akainu
June 14, 2008, 02:43 AM
having this wonderful colourspread as bg now I noticed something:
the hat brook is wearing, those grashoppers wear the same. same goes for the shirt b&w stripes. and they play instruments too. so might it be Brooks old crew in their next life? farfetched I know but in buddhism/hinduism there is sth. like rebirth bound to the deeds of the former life. they were pirates so being insects next would suit them ...

Lohnt
June 14, 2008, 02:45 AM
OK
kid and law are both pirates so i doubt they will help at first
if anything they fight zoro and sanji (respectively)

Not a chance dude. It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for Zoro and Sanji to take on guys like that.

Law is nowhere near his actual bounty, as his actions and personality prove he's actually a lot closer to 300 mill, and Kidd obviously deserves his 300 mill, but I wouldn't bet he's worth more.

Sanji and Zoro a like... 220-250 million opponents. Law just smiled at the idea of an Admiral coming, no pirate should have that much confidence at 200 million. He's also extremely intelligent as he already knew about the marines surrounding them and didn't even bother to run away.

Anyway, next chapter will be a little boring since I predict nothing but dialoge, but 505 should rock. Garp vs Reileigh =p

varquous
June 14, 2008, 03:58 AM
Not a chance dude. It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for Zoro and Sanji to take on guys like that.

Law is nowhere near his actual bounty, as his actions and personality prove he's actually a lot closer to 300 mill, and Kidd obviously deserves his 300 mill, but I wouldn't bet he's worth more.

Sanji and Zoro a like... 220-250 million opponents. Law just smiled at the idea of an Admiral coming, no pirate should have that much confidence at 200 million. He's also extremely intelligent as he already knew about the marines surrounding them and didn't even bother to run away.

Anyway, next chapter will be a little boring since I predict nothing but dialoge, but 505 should rock. Garp vs Reileigh =p

The surrounding marines or maybe Garp will tell Luffy that Rayleigh is the Pirate King's first mate. I think Hachi only knows him as a coating guy but not who he really is.

Since Rayleigh has been waiting for Luffy, maybe the coating will take very short time, like the coating is already made. Then SH won't meet an admiral.

kal-elh
June 14, 2008, 04:15 AM
dude remember chopper he's a deer so why can't someone else have a animal on their crew

Akainu
June 14, 2008, 04:44 AM
Since Rayleigh has been waiting for Luffy, maybe the coating will take very short time, like the coating is already made. Then SH won't meet an admiral.

yeah sure, rayleigh was never in chains and a huge cage since the SH arrived...

Sachsenhesse
June 14, 2008, 04:57 AM
Garp and Rayleigh?

That becomes an Gamblegame, maybe dices oder poker... if Garp wins, then Ragleigh goes into jail, otherwise Garp will let all pirates escape. :D

Wow just imagine a pokerround by Kidd,Law,Luffy (Usopp would be more suit), Garp and Rayleigh. =D

That would be nice and an alternative for fighting. =D

k-dom
June 14, 2008, 05:03 AM
The surrounding marines or maybe Garp will tell Luffy that Rayleigh is the Pirate King's first mate. I think Hachi only knows him as a coating guy but not who he really is.

I think Brook or Robin will know about him

Mr.Popo
June 14, 2008, 05:06 AM
Ah, that was a nice one again. Ussup has good manners:amuse.

Everyone in shock, except for some pirates.
In the last chapter Kidd was a bit shocked (sweating) about what Luffy was going to do, but i'm not sure about his expression now. Either he is shocked in disbelief or his face says "it can't be helped", but he looks not very happy.
Law on the other side did't even move and is quite amused, although he knows of the marines outside. It seems to me that he and his crew is, unlike Kidd, on par with the SHs, in both strength and crazyness.
Although it bugs me a bit that he isn't moving even now. It might be that he roughly knows the time for an admiral to show up (similar to the SHs), or he is protected by some higher power (being a spy for the marines/shishibukai?). Nonetheless he will be an important character for the future.
(And the bear has no third eye(costume), it is the knob of his collar/jacket)

Rayleigh had a nice entrance, dragging along the giant.
I think he could choose which one to knock out, otherwise Hatchan and Pappag would be unconscious now for sure.
He sure knows Luffy from other sources than newspaper. I mean, he is no ordinary man and has nothing to do with a mere supernova, still wanted to meet him. And after he got a general idea of the scene he assumes that the SHs helped Hatchan, although it is uncommon for a pirate to help anyone, i mean the WG wouldn't glorify them in newpapers.

The surrounding marines are definitely under Garps command and after Rayleigh. But i think Garp has some ulterior motives and might show up at the end of the next chapter.

Cyrus Drake
June 14, 2008, 05:12 AM
This chapter was absolutely perfect.. One Piece is really making up for D.Gray-man's lacklustre recent chapters.

I really hope Rayleigh will explain why he's been wanting to meet Luffy and I think it will be Robin who explains who Rayleigh really is. Oh, and where did Kidd go??

I am hoping that Luffy's 'burst of spirit' will get a lot stronger.. But how come it could knock out a sea bison (Motobaro) but the pathetic Tenryubitto weren't screwed.

If an Admiral does come.. It certainly isn't Aokiji. He's been given the spotlight too much. Let Akainu or Kizaru come. But I can't help but feel that Kizaru's 'Yellow Monkey' epithet has something to do with Luffy, Garp and Dragon.

Mische
June 14, 2008, 05:24 AM
Well i agree that kid and Law are badass but we don´t know anything about their real strenght... An admiral is going to come, yes but for Luffy not for them!
If they didn´t have to fear an admiral they would have beaten up the nobles themselves. They were smiling when Luffy did it because they were pissed off by them also!
About Zorro and Sanji fighting them, why should they? Law was very respectfully talking to Luffy (Mr. Strawhat...). Kid is a little more likely but if he fights a Sh then Luffy. Even that is unlikely though.

@kal-elh: Copper ate a Hito Hito no Mi so a human-human fruit. There is only one creature/human like him since only one DF with this ability exists. Although he could be a trained bear or some other strange creature, look here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/05/) and see the eye. Its a costume, thats for sure!

kal-elh
June 14, 2008, 05:25 AM
Rayleigh will probably knock out the weak ones with the aura thing and then they will run well that after talking ore the old lady will use some trick to allow them to escape

Mr.Popo
June 14, 2008, 05:54 AM
look here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/05/) and see the eye. Its a costume, thats for sure!
look here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/14/) and see it isn't an eye.
It is the button of the collar from his coat.

varquous
June 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
look here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/14/) and see it isn't an eye.
It is the button of the collar from his coat.

Yeah you're right.

Wonder if he too ate devil fruit. Sitting calmly after explosion, he can think.

If it's a costume, can Luffy tells the difference like the mermaid when he was looking for Caimie?

Sharingan warrior
June 14, 2008, 06:30 AM
rayleigh was so strong that he could that look thing like shanks ,i think he mite have been someone who was ranked like a yonkou or who might have battled whitebeard or even gold roger.
[hr]
AS for prediction i think rayleigh will reveal himself and will tell luffy something along the lines of that he knew shanks or that he knows maybe even his father.Also luffy might find out about ace.

Lohnt
June 14, 2008, 07:15 AM
Everyone in shock, except for some pirates.
In the last chapter Kidd was a bit shocked (sweating) about what Luffy was going to do, but i'm not sure about his expression now. Either he is shocked in disbelief or his face says "it can't be helped", but he looks not very happy.
Law on the other side did't even move and is quite amused, although he knows of the marines outside. It seems to me that he and his crew is, unlike Kidd, on par with the SHs, in both strength and crazyness.

Yea I'll agree with that, for Robin to recognize him and for Luffy to make a big deal of the bear on his crew I say there is definately more to Law.

DutchPhoenix
June 14, 2008, 09:11 AM
maybe he is shanks father

Kikuna992
June 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
I presume the whole "Aura" thing effects everyone when it is released by Rayleigh. Although you can direct it at individual people, I think that as everyone in a wide radius of Rayleigh were knocked out, the strawhats who were in that "Aura" arc must have also felt the effects of the Aura. If so that means that the straw hats are strong enough to resist the aura suggesting that they have become mentally, not just physically, stronger.

Organizized
June 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
rayleigh was so strong that he could that look thing like shanks ,i think he mite have been someone who was ranked like a yonkou or who might have battled whitebeard or even gold roger.

Just in case you missed it, he was Rogers' first mate.

Next chapter they get Caimie's collar off and battle some marines with the help of Kidd, Law and Rayleigh while Rayleigh might reveil who he is and everyone goes jaw-to-the-floor. That's all I can predict really.

sharingan_kakashi
June 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
I hope they dont run around in circles looking for the key and just get straight to it. I mean Raleigh and the giant managed to remove it in no time. hopefully we learn more about Luffy and the deal about the D's.

gold349
June 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
<hr noshade size="1">
AS for prediction i think rayleigh will reveal himself and will tell luffy something along the lines of that he knew shanks or that he knows maybe even his father.Also luffy might find out about ace.

Silvers Raleigh was the first mate of Gol Rogers pirates, in early chapters he was shown to whack shanks and Buggy on the back of the head, in flashback where shanks and buggy were arguing over which is colder the north or the south pole.

Like Gold Roger, he (and their crew) as far as we know are the only ones to have made it and been on the last island, so yep he must have loads to tell Luffy. Shakky was well aware, was a well read and knowledgeable person, who keeps in touch with the latest news and happenings, Raleigh must keep up with whats happening in the world too.

sharingan_kakashi
June 14, 2008, 01:38 PM
Like Gold Roger, he (and their crew) as far as we know are the only ones to have made it and been on the last island, so yep he must have loads to tell Luffy. Shakky was well aware, was a well read and knowledgeable person, who keeps in touch with the latest news and happenings, Raleigh must keep up with whats happening in the world too.

I hope he talks about the New World and how the islands (if there are any) are set up. I doubt it will be the same as the Grand line where guide posts are the only means of navigation. I mean Shanks and WB met up in the middle of the ocean.

oh, and i just reread the chapter. It looks like the move Raleigh pulled made Luffy (and company) sweat a little. hehe

Akainu
June 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
Silvers Raleigh was the first mate of Gol Rogers pirates, in early chapters he was shown to whack shanks and Buggy on the back of the head, in flashback where shanks and buggy were arguing over which is colder the north or the south pole.

For our world Shanks would have been right afaik (south pole) for their world ... I wonder whether they have a continental mass except the redline xD

anyway I predict that taking off caimies collar will last about 0.7 seconds and therefore must not be shown in an own panel. then there will be some more fighting to get back to shakys bar/their ship where they will talk a bit with some short flashbacks on the one and some crucial information on the other hand while Ray is coating, before they can get away towards FI (I wonder if Ray is coming along knowing they wanted to capture him...perhaps there will be more stories told while they are slowly decending).
estimated amount of chapters is 3-5 but could easily be dragged to 7 and more. depends on too many things.

kal-elh
June 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
there will be loads of thing for Rayleigh to tell luffy but is he going to want to hear it
cuz you he's luffy after all

well I think that they will run from garap instead of fighting him

if Garap did corner roger on several ocasions that means he was able to fight roger which probably means that he is stronger or at least as strong as Rayleigh

Akainu
June 14, 2008, 04:55 PM
depends on which kind of story Ray will be telling ... if its FI is like this and that, Shanks past his past etc. they will hear it. if it would be about how to get to raftel or how to use haki luffy sure wouldn't want to listen.

varquous
June 14, 2008, 06:39 PM
So we will know what is the One Piece next chapter? I'd like to know what is Gold Roger's goal of being a pirate.

JC123
June 14, 2008, 07:47 PM
*ahem*

Gol D Roger - Adventurer of a lifetime. I am to believe that with all his knowledge and such, he did everything...

Just for the fun of it. :p

I'd like to think his goal was just to have fun. Like Shanks and Luffy do right now.
The pirating part was just an occupational hazard.

k-dom
June 15, 2008, 04:26 AM
the strawhats who were in that "Aura" arc must have also felt the effects of the Aura. If so that means that the straw hats are strong enough to resist the aura suggesting that they have become mentally, not just physically, stronger.

Zoro already noticed that in Enies Lobby (here) (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/383/16/), so I'm not surprised about that

Concerning Rayleigh, he wanted to meet Luffy but I think that the auction house event should have filled his expectation. He does not need more. So I'm not sure they will be a lot of talking

Zoro-kun
June 15, 2008, 05:27 AM
ok everyone, i dunno of u've already discussed this but, look at these pictures.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/18-19/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/42/

Shanks have the same eye! =O Shanks has it completly, Rayleigh has it completly, and luffy dont have it at all :P he just psyched out the bull (duval).

ZeroChrome
June 15, 2008, 06:51 AM
owh, good find. didn't think about that before. but if it scars that you mean, Luffy also has one, which is under his left eye. look at your sig :darn but it's different from Shanks and Rayleigh though. theirs went through their eyes, Luffy's not

Organizized
June 15, 2008, 07:15 AM
Not the scars, but rather they have the same "killer instinct" in their eyes, while Luffy doesn't when he "talks the bull over". Still, look in chapter 502 when Luffy's walking up to Chalros and there it is! I don't know if the eyes have any significance to be honest since it's the eyes Oda draws when any character is pissed off to a certain point I think. I think it's only to give a tense effect to the situation or something like that.

Akainu
June 15, 2008, 07:28 AM
I predict oda is ripping off more mangas from now on and the idea behind haki is combined from spiritpower of various other manga and sharingan ....
honestly, don't look into it too deep or you will find the sarcasm ...

Umbra Wolf
June 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
I guess there is no direct connection between the SHB's strength and the fact they wasn't effected by Rayleigh's Haki. He can target single persons if he pleases and therefore let the rest be unaffected. I guess that's the case here. If he wanted to turn on the Straights he could take them down in mere seconds.

ZeroChrome
June 15, 2008, 08:19 AM
owh, sorry. I looked at the obvious thing there (the scar). yeah, they did have the same eyes.

@Akainu: I also don't like the idea of Oda's taking other manga's ideas into OP, but it might actually be Oda's original idea from the very beginning since OP came out before naruto, right? :headscratch

good thing rayleigh used his haki thing. it's like Oda wanted to speed up the pace of the story. I like that. I don't want they waste their time dealing with the cannon fodders. hmm, you guys think Luffy, Zoro and Sanji felt Rayleigh's haki? I see Luffy's sweating, but it's probably because he's shocked or something. I mean Usopp shows like he didn't feel anything at all

kal-elh
June 15, 2008, 08:25 AM
when shanks went to whitebeards ship he said that it was hard to contain his spirit in an enemy ship so I think that even if he focused on them it would have no effect

he would probably manage to put down nami chopper and usopp but the others I really don't think that they are that weak

xPm
June 15, 2008, 09:04 AM
I though it was more like "I'm on an enemy ship so I don't feel like letting my guard down", it was more a "I don't want to", than a "I can't"

Organizized
June 15, 2008, 10:17 AM
good thing rayleigh used his haki thing. it's like Oda wanted to speed up the pace of the story. I like that. I don't want they waste their time dealing with the cannon fodders. hmm, you guys think Luffy, Zoro and Sanji felt Rayleigh's haki? I see Luffy's sweating, but it's probably because he's shocked or something. I mean Usopp shows like he didn't feel anything at all

Yeah it's a fast way to clean the place of enemies but still it might turn into a rather dull and boring way if used too much, so I hope the whole fight won't be won thanks to the haki. It's really cool and lets Rayleigh shine in the best possible way but I hope for no more of that for a while now.

And yeah, I think they all felt it, Sanji even said something like "what is that man" (can't remember exactly), most probably indicating that he feels the sensation. Zoro seems to be speechless but I still think he can feel it because he's tense and has the "wtf is this"-face, same for Luffy as well, so yeah I think they all can feel it. They're all sweating as well, btw, if that's supposed to prove anything which, as you said, it probably isn't.

Fox666
June 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
Beating those people is nothing compared to beat a pirate crew... I guess Rayleigh simply doesn't simply doesn't put much effort in the initial Haki.

It was very interesting the reactions of Law and Kidd. While Urouge was very scared of the Admiral, those too where much more excited than feared.
For now on, I expect those Supernova will remain until the end of the series, falling away one-by-one.

k-dom
June 15, 2008, 01:09 PM
I guess there is no direct connection between the SHB's strength and the fact they wasn't effected by Rayleigh's Haki. He can target single persons if he pleases and therefore let the rest be unaffected. I guess that's the case here. If he wanted to turn on the Straights he could take them down in mere seconds.

I doubt that he can focus the haki at this scale. He release it at a large radius. Who does not resist it is not worthy. This attack seems to affect only weak spirit and I think that all SH have shown us that they don't lack some

RichardMNixon
June 15, 2008, 01:23 PM
ok everyone, i dunno of u've already discussed this but, look at these pictures.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/18-19/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/42/

Shanks have the same eye! =O Shanks has it completly, Rayleigh has it completly, and luffy dont have it at all :P he just psyched out the bull (duval).

Luffy doesn't have the same expression as them, but look at Motobaro: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/16/

That is not the face of someone having a peaceful discussion, Luffy scared the sweat out of him. Everyone who says Luffy "talked him down" makes it sound like it's something Nami could have done.

Have you ever talked your way out of a fight? Sure, it's not much of a feat, but did the person look like this afterwards? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/17/

I'm pretty sure its the same thing Shanks and Rayleigh did and I can see him making use of it before they leave the archipelago, but I don't think Rayleigh will "teach" it to him because I don't think its something that can be taught.

gbgej
June 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey again, i just sat here thinking a bit when i read all of your comments.

Most of you think that the supernovas will kill/fight eachother, and it might be so, but when i look at the age of the people they seem to be about the same age.

And whitebeard, mihawk, shanks and the rest of the great pirates are aswell in the same age, (whitebeard looks a bit hardcore and is probably the oldest.)

Anyways, the time of the currently great pirates have to end at some points and the supernovaes here might be the three new pirates conquering the new world?

Might be a long shot but i doubt they are going to kill eachother, irather thing they are going to form a bond of some kind.

Devil-buster
June 15, 2008, 01:58 PM

When shanks boarded WB's ship...the captain of the first division only asked the new recruit to go below deck....so I am guessing only the people who are really weak are affected by the aura....cause there were a lot of people on WWB's ship who did not faint.....I doubt think except for the captains anyone else on the ship can be compared to the strawhats....

camil222
June 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
well we never know. look at teach. he was under aces commandement and was able to scar a younkou.

gold349
June 15, 2008, 04:04 PM
So we will know what is the One Piece next chapter? I'd like to know what is Gold Roger's goal of being a pirate.

Raleigh knows or should know, I just can not see Oda making known what "One piece" is at this moment. What one piece is, will stay a mystery till towards the end of the manga, I wouldn't expect anything less although I'd love to know what this one piece is that all these pirates choose to try and poses, I mean look at the strength of the Yonkou, White beard is noted for being the most powerful pirate on the planet thus far, what ever one piece is, it must be something that puts you, in a league of your own. Ace wants to help White beard become pirate king, so being the strongest is just not enough, every pirate wants onepiece so it has to be megga special and just won't be revealed as yet.

well we never know. look at teach. he was under aces commandement and was able to scar a younkou.

At moment we don't know the specifics behind how Teach scarred Shanks, it could have been a long time ago. Teach was under the White beards 4th devision commander Sacchi www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/17, who he killed for the devils fruit.

knivez
June 15, 2008, 04:11 PM
Raleigh knows or should know, I just can not see Oda making known what "One piece" is at this moment. What one piece is, will stay a mystery till towards the end of the manga, I wouldn't expect anything less although I'd love to know what this one piece is that all these pirates choose to try and poses, I mean look at the strength of the Yonkou, White beard is noted for being the most powerful pirate on the planet thus far, what ever one piece is, it must be something that puts you, in a league of your own. Ace wants to help White beard become pirate king, so being the strongest is just not enough, every pirate wants onepiece so it has to be megga special and just won't be revealed as yet.

I Think alot of pirates think one piece is some vast treasure or an item that gives you amazing powers but personally I think it has something to do with knowledge of the world and the whole adventure in which you aquire this knowledge.

Zoro-kun
June 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
Not the scars, but rather they have the same "killer instinct" in their eyes, while Luffy doesn't when he "talks the bull over". Still, look in chapter 502 when Luffy's walking up to Chalros and there it is! I don't know if the eyes have any significance to be honest since it's the eyes Oda draws when any character is pissed off to a certain point I think. I think it's only to give a tense effect to the situation or something like that.

I've only seen Shanks and Reylight have those kinda eyse, byt i might be wrong... and it was just something that hit me when i read the last chapter, but since both of them has it, and both of them can make 100's of people faint, there has to be something... dont u think? =)
[hr]

owh, sorry. I looked at the obvious thing there (the scar). yeah, they did have the same eyes.

@Akainu: I also don't like the idea of Oda's taking other manga's ideas into OP, but it might actually be Oda's original idea from the very beginning since OP came out before naruto, right? :headscratch

This is for all that belive that the "Spirutal energy" that Shanks and Reylight have, wont work on "better" pirats.
I think that they can shoot/use their eyes on any1 they want. reyleight understood that the SH's had saved chamie and the octopus guy and he was "wanting to meet you Monkey D. Luffy", so i doubt he would try to make the SH's faint. But i DO belive that they can't use it on any1, it has to be limited.

And for the "stealing" from other mangas/animes, that would be wrong, caus one piece is older than naruto, and Shanks used his eyes/spiritual energy in the very first chapter, so... ye u prolly understand, but it was just something i came up with when i read the new chapter "I've seen those eyes be4!" and yes i had seen them be4.... :p

I acctually doubt that it is any big deal with those eyes anyway. but with Oda we'll never know.. :)

Shiro-kun
June 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
And for the "stealing" from other mangas/animes, that would be wrong, caus one piece is older than naruto, and Shanks used his eyes/spiritual energy in the very first chapter, so... ye u prolly understand, but it was just something i came up with when i read the new chapter "I've seen those eyes be4!" and yes i had seen them be4.... :p

I acctually doubt that it is any big deal with those eyes anyway. but with Oda we'll never know.. :)

The idea of Spirtual energy has been used in various Shonen Manga besides "Naruto" and "Bleach" and "those eyes" ...(Hopefully Oda doesnt have a character say that) . The Ideal of Oda now using this is probably a downer for some fans , even if he did thought of using this since the first chapter of this manga

But its not big deal to me though ...It depends on the ratio how powerful "the stare" is , seeing how Shanks did it, it seems it only incapacitates weaker pirates or weaker willed pirates .

pcxxy
June 15, 2008, 05:03 PM
it is a bit of a downer for me, i hope oda won't over use it or at least make it very distinct from others...

but regardless, it hasn't been emphasized that much at all so far, but i think he'll implement it eventually because you can already see Duval's bull falling before luffy.

anyhows... i'm looking forward to what happens next, but i would assume that they'll have a quick word, and rayleigh will be the one temporarily stopping the marines while luffy escapes...

they'll meet up at some later time, and rayleigh will get 1000sunny coated :3

gold349
June 15, 2008, 05:30 PM
I Think alot of pirates think one piece is some vast treasure or an item that gives you amazing powers but personally I think it has something to do with knowledge of the world and the whole adventure in which you aquire this knowledge.

You could be right, it might be something linked to knowledge and the whole adventure of it, there is no other way to test one self and nakama than to go through all these hard ships together and become strong in the process.

I don't think that its just linked to pure power and strength as we know that Gol D Rogers was captured, he couldn't have been the most strongest with one piece otherwise there wouldn't be any one strong enough to capture him (we still don't know the circumstance behind his capture so we will have to wait and see if gaining one piece gives you that sort of power).

Ki, life force/spiritual energy what ever you want to call it has been used in so many different ways in all sorts of manga. You can not say that Oda is taking something from here or there, story telling could be similar to another's.

Ideas come form many places, sometimes you are influenced by your own favorites and there isn't anything wrong in that, you just have to convince its your idea and it should fit seamlessly into your own project/manga/story.

Anyway we was promised something big would happen later on, after Ace and Black beard fight, www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19 maybe it is coming to that big event which was forecast. The mention of aces execution and this chance meeting with Silvers Raleigh, Gol Rogers pirates second in command, who would have thought that the coater is someone of his calibre and the "trigger" which was mentioned might or might not be this but this is huge by any accounts. SH are infamous all round, marines and pirates www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/02 I'm not surprised that Raleigh nows of them. If its 'cus of shanks then, Shanks must have met Raleigh some time after their captain Gol D Roger was executed, Shanks gave Luffy his hat once he was a captain of his own ship and crew.

I hope Raleigh speaks of his time with the pirate king and the obstacles still to face Luffy and crew and gives him a few pointers and teaches him some sort of new technique, gears are good but there are many types of Devils Fruit paramecia, zoan and logia and he needs to be able to deal with these.

JC123
June 15, 2008, 06:24 PM
Honestly, I think Gol D. gave himself up. Seriously he had taken the greatest challenge known to mankind and thrived where even Whitebeard has YET to accomplish in the last 20 years.

It makes no sense to have One Piece be anything other than something to remind all others of the value of protecting friendships.

It kind of leads me to a theory about the True History... I haven't formed all of it quite yet but it'll be coming soon. ;)

LoS
June 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know exactly how similar the design of the Sunny and the ship Tom built for Roger are? Franky is/was Tom's pupil so I am sure there are some similarities in the designs.

It could bring back some sense of nostalgia for Rayleigh.

skullshuriken734
June 15, 2008, 06:58 PM
ok may law and kid wont fight the SH
but Im sure kidd wants to

and as for how hachi and raleigh know each other
im sure hachi used to be part of the crew
or at least helped them over fishman island

sharingan_kakashi
June 15, 2008, 09:45 PM
I've only seen Shanks and Reylight have those kinda eyse, byt i might be wrong... and it was just something that hit me when i read the last chapter, but since both of them has it, and both of them can make 100's of people faint, there has to be something... dont u think? =)
<hr noshade size="1">

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/03/
check pages 1,2 and 11. they have the same eyes. With that said, there may or ma not be a relation between the eyes and Haki.

I think its more of a DBZ rip off than Naruto. I mean who hasnt taken somthing from DBZ and not like DBZ power is original either.

JC123
June 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know exactly how similar the design of the Sunny and the ship Tom built for Roger are? Franky is/was Tom's pupil so I am sure there are some similarities in the designs.

I'm rereading the series and I don't think the Oro Jackson is shown for comparison purposes.

And while Franky is Tom's pupil, he mainly did his own thing with the Battle Frankies he built. I guess he just had a knack for building.

I think its more of a DBZ rip off than Naruto. I mean who hasnt taken somthing from DBZ and not like DBZ power is original either.

While I can see the point you are making, it comes down to the fact that Oda was inspired by DBZ and even got to interview Toriyama himself. I'd like to think that Oda has taken something and made it his own however.

sharingan_kakashi
June 15, 2008, 10:47 PM
Exactly, its like Naruto taking things from DBZ (a lot of things) and making it his own. I just think powers from Naruto are different than One Piece. Naruto is more physical (it makes wind) while One Piece is mental strength.

OP_overlord
June 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
rayliegh is the man, i just wanna know his bounty so that i can picture rogers and then all the yonkou's bounties.
i hope everyong gets a big bost in bounties after this and garp will deliver the news right to luffy's face.

bittman
June 15, 2008, 11:06 PM
I'll cover it in my review, but seriously: It's One Piece - stuff doesn't need to make sense. Realism was abandoned from page 1 when the completely illogical and highly unexplained grand line was introduced. If the spirit power ever gets explained beyond "His strength" I'll be shocked.

I do hope it doesn't become something Luffy does a lot too. Luffy vs 10,000 marines at Enies Lobby is still one of my favourite scenes.

sharingan_kakashi
June 15, 2008, 11:38 PM
true, but since Luffy is pretty good at copying something he sees it is possible he can acquire it himself without having someone teach it.
edit: Zoro too.

hawkeyes
June 16, 2008, 12:36 AM
Awsome chapter (as per usaull:) however next chap it will be a littel slow, i predicte that rayliegh introduces himself and tells the SH and law and kid's crew a bit about his pirating days and the chap will end with garp coming and making a scene and yelling "come out you gambling bastard" and luffy will be like "granpa?!"

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but all of the first mates of these big time pirates are simlar to zoro in a way, like marco in whitebeard how carefree he is or like rayleigh being able to peice things together on the spot or even shank's (ben beckman) how level headed he is(i know zoro usually is a guff but when its a serious setuation he is very level headed, example ussop setuation) and also is it me or are there similarities between robin and shakky?

bittman
June 16, 2008, 02:00 AM
Oh god. Here comes another tirade of ZoroxRobin fanfiction D=

monkey D luffy
June 16, 2008, 03:24 AM
ive been reading this forum a lot and i think its time for me to finally say what i think.
so first the whole axe person mystery, i think this is just some random pirate hunter that oda made up just for explaining the cruelty of the tenryoubitto i doubt he is someone important.

about this chapter and the debate about the eyes, i really dont think that the eyes metter or else luffy would be able to use intimidation (i saw some poeple call it like that) since he had those kind of eyes a lot of times in the past (i dont remember chapters and im not going to look for it, when he was mad he had those eyes).

i know its off topic but there is something that bugging mefor a long time now, http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/17/ blackbeard says he memorized the shape of the devil fruitm, but we were told that devil fruits are unique and only one of each kind exists so how the hell bleckbeard knew what was that devil fruit? if the book knew than it must have been discovered somewhere in the past thus making the devil fruits less unique since there are some fruits of each kind right?

i guess i would try to predict what will happen. i think buggy has to come back soon, to help ace maybe since ace was on buggys ship and they became friends (i think) he has to make his appearnece soon.

Zoro-kun
June 16, 2008, 03:42 AM
ok may law and kid wont fight the SH
but Im sure kidd wants to

and as for how hachi and raleigh know each other
im sure hachi used to be part of the crew
or at least helped them over fishman island

Doubt it. Remember they're both old, and Reyleight has been on that Island working as Clothing-dude (dunno how i spell it). And u should also remember the Tatoo Hacchi has in his forehead, it's the same as Jimpei's isn't it? And it's bigger chance for Reyleight and Hacchi to meet, if perhaps Hacchi was on Jimpeis crew be4 he became Schikabukai, and they just met each other in the sea, maybe fighing..?

Most likley they just met eachother on this Island (seems like Rayleight has beenthere in like 20 years..).
[hr]

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/03/
check pages 1,2 and 11. they have the same eyes. With that said, there may or ma not be a relation between the eyes and Haki.

I havn't read/seen DBZ so i can't tell, but i know that Oda is deeply inspired of the creator of DBZ, so that could be true. :amuse Some other manga it's likey that Oda's been inspired of, is "Rurouni Kenshin", since he worked as an assistant for the creator of this manga.

But for the picture of BB having the same eyes, it wouldn't be TOO unlikely that he also has these kind of power, would it? And yes i saw the picture of Ace also having the same type of eyes, but he's afterall WB right hand.

BUT, i dont want anyone to make any big deal out of this, it was just some random i came up with. :darn

gold349
June 16, 2008, 04:08 AM

Franky being Toms pupil had the blueprints for "pluton" a ship like no other, a Weapon of Mass Destruction. He ripped up the blueprints (as we should know that the blue prints were handded down so that another pluton could be made if the first, which is supposedly somewhere in alabasta was revived) as no one could get there hands on it. At moment the thousand sunny is made from the same wood called Adam which Gol D Rogers ship Oro Jackson was made from.

ive been reading this forum a lot and i think its time for me to finally say what i think.
so first the whole axe person mystery, i think this is just some random pirate hunter that oda made up just for explaining the cruelty of the tenryoubitto i doubt he is someone important.

about this chapter and the debate about the eyes, i really dont think that the eyes metter or else luffy would be able to use intimidation (i saw some poeple call it like that) since he had those kind of eyes a lot of times in the past (i dont remember chapters and im not going to look for it, when he was mad he had those eyes).

i know its off topic but there is something that bugging mefor a long time now, http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/17/ blackbeard says he memorized the shape of the devil fruitm, but we were told that devil fruits are unique and only one of each kind exists so how the hell bleckbeard knew what was that devil fruit? if the book knew than it must have been discovered somewhere in the past thus making the devil fruits less unique since there are some fruits of each kind right?

i guess i would try to predict what will happen. i think buggy has to come back soon, to help ace maybe since ace was on buggys ship and they became friends (i think) he has to make his appearnece soon.

Welcome to MH monkey D luffy have fun, enjoy.

When was ace on Buggys ship?, so far Buggy is one of the weakest pirates I've seen in one piece.

talking about intimidation aura, White Beard complimented shanks and called it "vigor and drive", Third division captain Joz said you wont be able to keep consciousness if you don't have any determination. Maybe those weak at heart, rookies and and those who talk but can not walk the walk have no chance against someone with great power.

Zoro-kun
June 16, 2008, 04:19 AM

What are you talking about? :darn "Buggy has to come back soon" ok why? and why the HELL would be help ACE? it was SHANKS and buggy, not ACE and buggy. -_-

And for the devil fruit thing, what nonsense are u talking about? He says he'd memorized the shapes of the DF's and he knew that was Logia-friut (maybe he also knew it was the darkness/gravity fruit). And yes, each fruit are unik, and by that it means that it only excist 1 kind of each DF. I'm pretty sure DF's aint something that grows on trees, more likley that they've been made in the past (maybe of Gol D. Roger?), and then wouldn't it be natrual to make a list over the fruits that excisted? Remember it wasn't anybody on Gol D. Roger's ship that dared to eat the DF they had, but they knew what it looked like, but how it worked... well every ship has a Nico Robin. I'm sure if the SH's had got a new fruit she'd be able to tell them what kind of fruit it was.

"Imagine a piratship. They have a DF and in some kinda strange way, the WG get to know of this fruit, how it looks and what it do. ONE day this Piratship meets a HUGE SEA-KING! and the seaking destroy the ship, and the fruit and the ship goes down....................... the next day, a little boy named luffy, has taken a strang-looking fruit from a chest from some noob-pirats and he eats it." TAATAAAAAAAAA!

The WG should now be thinking "hmm, the piratship with "THAT" DF went down in the sea, SO how the hell do a little kid named Luffy have the same DF abilitys as the fruit that disapared and would never ever be found again.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, there has to be more that 1 kind of each fruit! :darn"

no no no no no no, there's just 1 kind of each fruit, and yes Oda has said it himself so dont even bother discussing. Each fruit is unik, and that's it.
how u can draw such a conclution from this picture http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/17/ is to me a mystery.

EDIT:
btw, if those spirutal energy/eye/whatever, really excist, Im 100% sure that you would have fainted even be4 the "Haki" was activated. I suggest u read the whole one piece-manga all over again... =)

monkey D luffy
June 16, 2008, 04:21 AM
Welcome to MH monkey D luffy have fun, enjoy.

When was ace on Buggys ship?, so far Buggy is one of the weakest pirates I've seen in one piece.

talking about intimidation aura, White Beard complimented shanks and called it "vigor and drive", Third division captain Joz said you wont be able to keep consciousness if you don't have any determination. Maybe those weak at heart, rookies and and those who talk but can not walk the walk have no chance against someone with great power.

i definitely saw ace on buggys ship in the anime not sure about the manga though. he maybe the weakest pirate but he does have some importence: he knows shanks and he was the one that almost executed luffy and i think he came to the grand line after luffy and he is after luffy for revenge

@zoro-kun:
thats exectly what i was saying. there is only one of each fruit so in order to know what the fruit is you have to try it for yourself and if someone already tried it how the hell blackbeard got another one? if there is only one there is no way someone would be able to eat it and know what powers its gonna give him and blackbeard said he was looking for that specific fruit

edit: buggy was shown only in the anime and not on the manga so i take my words back buggy wont be coming to save ace or anyone else for that metter i predict that he is already dead

LoS
June 16, 2008, 04:32 AM
First Monkey D Luffy, the idea that the Axe man is a red herring has been tossed around already.

Yes Ace was on Buggy's ship once, it was during his search for Black Beard. Ace fell asleep and Buggy said they should not harm Ace or else White Beard would harm them all, since he looks after each of his crew members like family/sons. However, is that enough of a connection for Buggy to come to Ace's rescue? Who knows.
[hr]

thats exectly what i was saying. there is only one of each fruit so in order to know what the fruit is you have to try it for yourself and if someone already tried it how the hell blackbeard got another one? if there is only one there is no way someone would be able to eat it and know what powers its gonna give him and blackbeard said he was looking for that specific fruit

There has been recent talk that the fruits reincarnate themselves of sorts. When the person dies who ate the fruit, the fruit can then become regrown. But while that person is alive his/her ability can not be found anywhere else on earth. This is all in a "So speak Oda" type deal where fans ask him questions and he provides answers.

bittman
June 16, 2008, 04:59 AM
Thanks LoS for actually remembering things in OP and not going "WUT NO NUB" etc. I doubt Buggy would help Ace, but I would like to see the non-gay clown again.

I also had the reincarnation theory for devil fruits, though I actually haven't read others say it so I guess people naturally just think alike. One fruit at one time equals awesome backstory for certain powers I feel. If this ever gets explained it will be probably by Doctor Vegapunk or at a point where a lot of allusion to Blackbeard is required (to link the power of darkness to other historical things).

Speaking of Devil Fruits, most crews seem to find devil fruits rather than people with devil fruits. I hope the strawhats find one just for the interesting conversations I expect surrounding eating it (though I can't see anyone eating one...cept Usopp for the lulz)

Zoro-kun
June 16, 2008, 05:04 AM
@zoro-kun:

hmm, I hope u have understood this now. 1 fruit 1 ability. How they can know what ability a DF has is strange, I know, but so is a Computer, right? Do u know how a computer is made? I can't tell. All the microchips and god knows what.

But the same goes for the One piece-world it's very likely that some Nico Robin persons know every fruit and what they do. I understand that u did this mistake, but when u said that about Buggy and Ace... uhm say no more ;)

If a person with DF abilitys dies, the fruit can be regrow, and some other can eat it, so that could also be a way they know of the DF abilitys. (Oda himself said in a FPS, dunno what it is in english, q/a stuff)

monkey D luffy
June 16, 2008, 05:05 AM
i re read the pre jaya chapters where buggy met ace on the anime and guess it was just in the anime and i was mistaken.
also i found where luffy had the eyes that ryaleigh and shanks had http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-232-page-17.html

drosselmeyer
June 16, 2008, 05:19 AM
we were told that devil fruits are unique and only one of each kind exists so how the hell bleckbeard knew what was that devil fruit? if the book knew than it must have been discovered somewhere in the past thus making the devil fruits less unique since there are some fruits of each kind right?

Coby mentioned it when he reunited with Luffy and Zolo at Water 7 that an amazing scientist was researching the devilfruit: Dr. Vegapunk.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Rayleigh and Garp duke it out in the next few chapters. Make it a kind of 'welcome to the New World' initiation for Luffy and crew, who realize they need to get even stronger by at least 100 times to survive in the seas beyond the Red Line.

But I think the first part of next chapter will shed a bit of light on Rayleigh and Merman Island, and then Garp will appear in the second part. Then a rumble will start as the Strawhats fight to escape the auction house.

gold349
June 16, 2008, 05:39 AM
Coby mentioned it when he reunited with Luffy and Zolo at Water 7 that an amazing scientist was researching the devilfruit: Dr. Vegapunk.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Rayleigh and Garp duke it out in the next few chapters. Make it a kind of 'welcome to the New World' initiation for Luffy and crew, who realize they need to get even stronger by at least 100 times to survive in the seas beyond the Red Line.

But I think the first part of next chapter will shed a bit of light on Rayleigh and Merman Island, and then Garp will appear in the second part. Then a rumble will start as the Strawhats fight to escape the auction house.

I think a lot more is known about devils fruits than we are led to believe, like you mention Coby mentions that dr vegapunk was doing all sorts of research on devils fruit and abilities, even as far as giving inanimate things devil fruit powers (like the elephant sword spandam has), plus www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/17 here Blackbeard mentions there is an illustrated reference book.

monkey D luffy
June 16, 2008, 06:26 AM
man i should read these things again instead of saying stupid stuff
i think of two option for how rayleigh and the giant got out the collars: one, they found the keys behind the stage, the second is either rayleigh or the giant has the power to short-circuit the collars.

i think oda made it obvious that garp is going to come to the archipelgo and thats why hge wont be the one to confront the strawhats since oda is unpredictable, what your common sense tells you will be absolutlly wrong

Ustegius
June 16, 2008, 07:02 AM
Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/11/) is the part were Ace has a party with Buggys crew, if there are still some unclearences about it. And I really think people underestimate Buggy, he seems to always lose through series of unfortunate events (as somebody here at MH once said it). His fruit has potential. I'm eager to see his comeback.

As for the next chapters, I dare not to predict anything, so many possibilieties. Anything could happen right now.

monkey D luffy
June 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/11/) is the part were Ace has a party with Buggys crew, if there are still some unclearences about it. And I really think people underestimate Buggy, he seems to always lose through series of unfortunate events (as somebody here at MH once said it). His fruit has potential. I'm eager to see his comeback.

As for the next chapters, I dare not to predict anything, so many possibilieties. Anything could happen right now.

thanks i knew i read it but i didnt find it when i was reading the jaya arc again

goldb
June 16, 2008, 08:21 AM
yeah oda said in the sbs that there is a lot more to know about devil fruits and we will find out when the strawhats meet dr.vegapunk...

and about blackbeard and the devil fruit...blackbeard memorised all the fruits that existed from the book which contains the different types of devil fruits. when thatch found the devi fruit, blackbeard recognised it from the ones he saw in the illustration book..that doesn't mean that there are two similar fruits or anything...

oda also said that there will be a main story about devil fruits, which is likely to happen when the strawhats meet dr.vegapunk, so we'll have to wait and see.

let's please stay on topic now before our posts get shifted, thank you

gold349
June 16, 2008, 08:48 AM

Good find, completely forgot that.

Buggy devils fruit ability has huge potential, Oda turned him from looking like a clown into just a pure joker who happens to have the worst luck.

If any one is going to help Ace then the first person to stand up for him would be White beard, as he looks upon his crew as his own sons. Luffy at this moment is unable to stand the whole might of WG, WG has admirals at its disposal and we are yet to see Luffy test his strength against one. Luffy going to Ace's rescue would be a suicide move.

WG now has to send an admiral to archipeligo, this could be the ideal situation for Ace. WG forces will be stretched and any rescue could be possible, heck I hope White beard and Shanks both go together, as for Buggy I doubt very much.

thanks i knew i read it but i didnt find it when i was reading the jaya arc again

Buggy met Ace just by coincidence, he only found out who he was from one of his crew man. They had one party which Ace crashed, that's all there was between Buggy and Ace, not something that Buggy will go and risk his life over. Buggy is one of those pirates who have had a string of bad luck beginning with the way he accidentally swallowed the devil fruit which he was going to sell for a small fortune to the present were he has tried times to kill Luffy. Him and Shanks are on completely different levels and madame luck doesn't favour Buggy.

Ace's fate should reach Luffy's ears but he has his hands full at moment. He couldn't with out real help do anything about it anyway. Even if Raleigh was to aid him, they would be against the whole might of the WG. Gol D Roger getting caught by the WG and being executed, if his crew (including Raleigh) while young and strong couldn't do anything but stand by and watch, I doubt that one person such as Raleigh aiding the straw hats could make that much of an impact or effort now that he is old.

monkey D luffy
June 16, 2008, 10:51 AM
i can imagine luffy going to merijoa and just before ace is executed gigentic arm hits the stage and knocks it off, and everyone goes like :eek and the other strawhats goes :clap2

luffy is either gonna be pissed when hearing that or he will go like "he is ace, he's strong and he doesnt want me to see him when he's down"

lastly there is a possibility he will learn of ace's death too late when the paper ace gave him gets burned completly.

kal-elh
June 16, 2008, 12:37 PM
I think that this ark will introduce him to ace fate so he will go save him and there he'll meet DR.Veagapunk and learn about all the different devil fruits so that he can face an admiral and save ACE.

both Shanks and WB will be fighting to get him rescued but it will be the SH crew that will make the difference between life and death to ACE as WB & Shanks and their crews will be fighting against the marines probably two admirals or at least one and garap ( to balance power cuz their crews are also exceptionally strong )

to me the yonkou and the admirals are strong but WB probably is the only yonkou how is actually stronger than an admiral and unless you tel me he has a devil power I can't see him wining against aokigi that in my perspective is the strongest of the admirals

the WG can't afford to loose any one of the admirals cuz otherwise they will lose territory for the countless groups that could take advantage of the opportunity to cease control of countries cuz in my opinion they exercise control through fear.

groups: revolutionary army, pirates and organizations like the one from crocodile.

Driverbeet
June 16, 2008, 12:38 PM
"I think a new bunch of crazy things will rashly be seen in next chapter. As you'll see in 503 they were beseige by the marines and few pirates are still inside in the auction house, I can wait to see the next chapter. And maybe our prediction will be ended right after it scan by.

skullshuriken734
June 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
There has been recent talk that the fruits reincarnate themselves of sorts. When the person dies who ate the fruit, the fruit can then become regrown. But while that person is alive his/her ability can not be found anywhere else on earth. This is all in a "So speak Oda" type deal where fans ask him questions and he provides answers.[/QUOTE]

this makes some sense actually. because what if roger was the previous rubber man before luffy. thats how a lot of people see a bit of roger in luffy (ie shanks, the old man in loguetown, smoker, etc.) and perhaps thats why raleigh wants to meet luffy

kal-elh
June 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
what they have in common is the personality and the type of person they are and not the devil fruit power

why only has to be one of every fruit I don't see why but if there is normally just one by generation it could mean that it takes an awful amount of time for it to grow lets say 50 years maybe more, so lets not mystify it oder wise DR.Vegapunk would not be able to explain how they work and I assume that we are all waiting for that right.

Mr.Popo
June 16, 2008, 02:18 PM
I always hoped for another appearence of Buggy and another meeting with the SHs, but this won't happen soon. I also doubt that Buggy could/would enter the new world, so there might be an appearence of him in the future, but the probability of a meeting with the SHs lessens from chapter to chapter.

For the next bounty raise there still has to happen more. It might be enough for the WG, but probably not for Oda, because only Luffy and Ussup (and probably Sanji) where directly defying the tenryuubitos and therefor the only ones with a high raise of bounty.
But for Ussups bounty poster, i hope it will be a double picture with Ussup/Sogeking. It's time for Yassop to know his son is coming.

kal-elh
June 16, 2008, 02:26 PM
Well the bubble heads are quite powerfully so they might raise the bounties of the entire crew so that there wight be more bounty hunters after them even individually

Organizized
June 16, 2008, 02:40 PM
Well I'm certain a bounty raise would please the fans alot after this incident but I too am not sure if enough has been done against the WG in this arc yet. I mean Chopper hasn't even thrown a punch yet as far as we've seen,(unless you count that he beat some bounty hunters but we didn't really see that either) and he hasn't done anything else that proves him to defy the WG any more than earlier, and although the others have done some fighting against marines, Luffy Usopp and Sanji has in one way or another attacked a Tenryuubitu and Choppers bounty should, imo, remain a cute 50 Beli, I'm unsure whether there will be a raise or not. I mean, attacking the tenryuubitu might be worth a raise but then again that would only affect Luffy's, Usopp's and Sanji's bounties.

And WHY is the bear only a costume? Why, Oda, why? I really digged the idea of a two-leg-walking, tame bear as Law's right hand.

gold349
June 16, 2008, 04:44 PM
I think that this ark will introduce him to ace fate so he will go save him and there he'll meet DR.Veagapunk and learn about all the different devil fruits so that he can face an admiral and save ACE.

both Shanks and WB will be fighting to get him rescued but it will be the SH crew that will make the difference between life and death to ACE as WB & Shanks and their crews will be fighting against the marines probably two admirals or at least one and garap ( to balance power cuz their crews are also exceptionally strong )

to me the yonkou and the admirals are strong but WB probably is the only yonkou how is actually stronger than an admiral and unless you tel me he has a devil power I can't see him wining against aokigi that in my perspective is the strongest of the admirals

the WG can't afford to loose any one of the admirals cuz otherwise they will lose territory for the countless groups that could take advantage of the opportunity to cease control of countries cuz in my opinion they exercise control through fear.

groups: revolutionary army, pirates and organizations like the one from crocodile.

Are you suggesting that Dr vegepunk is going to teach Luffy about devils fruit abilities? he works for the WG, I doubt he'd tell Luffy anything.

If some sort of rescue is planned for Ace which should be the case, then like I said before Luffy is no were near at a level where he can do anything with out major Yonkou help.

Well I'm certain a bounty raise would please the fans alot after this incident but I too am not sure if enough has been done against the WG in this arc yet. I mean Chopper hasn't even thrown a punch yet as far as we've seen,(unless you count that he beat some bounty hunters but we didn't really see that either) and he hasn't done anything else that proves him to defy the WG any more than earlier, and although the others have done some fighting against marines, Luffy Usopp and Sanji has in one way or another attacked a Tenryuubitu and Choppers bounty should, imo, remain a cute 50 Beli, I'm unsure whether there will be a raise or not. I mean, attacking the tenryuubitu might be worth a raise but then again that would only affect Luffy's, Usopp's and Sanji's bounties.

And WHY is the bear only a costume? Why, Oda, why? I really digged the idea of a two-leg-walking, tame bear as Law's right hand.

The bounty of the SH at moment is false, they destroyed Gecko Moira. WG didn't want it common knowledge and has left it at the same level as after the Ennis Lobby incident.

Bounty hunters, Zoro was one and look how strong he has become, is something I would like Oda to expand on, lets have some bad ass bounty hunters introduced.

The result of Ace's fight with Black beard, we was promised would be a "trigger" to a major incident later on. I hope that this is the time for the incident, Oda has the opportunity to introduce and show of some of the major players of the new world. It also could be prime opportunity to show what is yet to come and the things the SH will need to over come in the future.

The Tenryuubito have been introduced as the elite people, who descended from kings who created the WG, the WG is probably their own little private army and play thing. Some 200 hundred chapters and more ago they introduced the highest political power "the five stars" www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/16-17 who make all the decisions. I hope that they raise SH bounties and by the looks of them they look/dress different to the Tenryuubito and show signs of being warriors or having been in battle (from the scars), there is still so much to come in one piece and its getting better and better.

hawkeyes
June 16, 2008, 06:01 PM
I don't think that rayleigh will reveal himself as the pirate kings right hand man but will just mention he new him thats all, i am also very curious as to why he has been waiting for luffy i mean it has to be more than just the fact that he has heard of luffy from the news and rumours but hopefully we will find out this chapter.

this is really not the thread to dicuss this but nobody knows how that book with all the devil fruits knows which is which but there have been many theories as to the fact that devil fruits powers can be recognized from their shapes, and other craistaritics however oda still hasn't explianed why such book exist and how the author of the books knows all the powers and look of all the devil fruits. Also if anybody got confused about my perevouse post let me clearyfi i wasn't trying to say that there something between zoro and robin i am not a big fan of romance is manga's especially in one piece because if that happens it will destroy the dinamic of the group. all i was saying is that oda is trying to model the SH crew after all these other big time pirates crew like roger, white beard, shanks etc...

GothHearth
June 16, 2008, 06:25 PM
Gosh , this Is So Interesting ! The Straw Hats Are About To get Exterminated By An Admiral And His Marine Squad , and To Make Things Worst , Portgas Is About To Get Executed In Impel Down , So What Will Luffy Do When He Knows About It ?! Bring The Action Oda-Sama :p

mags
June 16, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think it's entirely possible that Luffy encounters Garp again. Perhaps though, Garp will let Luffy slip away as long as he's heading towards saving Ace (at Garp's suggestion). Another great chapter, some of Rayleigh's facial expressions cracked me up. He really does seem a bit like Zoro in his personality, same carefree attitude yet serious at the drop of a hat.

Pyrus
June 16, 2008, 09:28 PM
I dont think Luffy and company will go to help Ace. To do that he would have to go back to Eines Lobies and Impel Down, instead of moving foward to Fishman Island. I predict that Whitebeard will appear to rescue Ace and face off with Blackbeard, in which the latter triumphs and kills Whitebeard. With the loss of a Yonkou, the new world 'balance' is shifted in favour of the World Government and the Shichibaka and I expect the WG to make a move in the new world somehow related to the Void Era.

cachaco99
June 16, 2008, 10:14 PM
hi, im new to the forum but not new to one piece. ive been reading the forums for a long time and FINALLY i get to share my opinions with REAL one piece fans :)

ive been hearing talk about ace and whether luffy will help or not. and i remember a long time ago people thought ace would join the strawhats(from a different site). here is my theory about the ace situation and a theory if ace ever did join (but i dont know if that would ever happen cause if he did then the strawhats would be even more invincible) anyways here is the theory, im not saying that it will happen but this is how i picture that it might happen

this would be after the current arc. after everything unfolds and the strawhats save camie, the strawhats decide to save ace cause even luffy doesnt want ace to die cause maybe luffy hears that the gov set a trap for whitebeard and is gonna kill whitebeard(meaning noone else might save ace). since the strawhats cant go back they use camie's power of talking to fish to led the way back. on the way there the 3 admirals are waiting for whitebeard on the island. luffy and whitebeard cross eachother b4 going on the island. and they talk (maybe a fight as a sort of teat or maybe just talking) after they meet they decide to save ace cause luffy says thats his bro. after both crews arrive they fight a massive army consisting of admirals, vice admirals and others. just when whitebeard saves ace blackbeard shows up and attacks whitebeard, killing him but not instantly. then whitebeard and ace talk. since ace's dream of making whitebeard the pirate king is no more whitebeard says to ace to help luffy become the pirate king, cause while whitebeard and luffy talked or fought whitebeard sensed that luffy would become the next pirate king cause who else is better to make that decision than the guy that tied with roger. whitebeard says to ace "make that kid the pirate king" and since it's whitebeard's last command ace gladly does as he's told and luffy welcomes his brother.

so thats about it. i dont know if that would ever happen or even if luffy would help ace. maybe luffy would find out about ace after they arrive on fishman island. but maybe whitebeard might die cause the marines ARE gonna need all 3 admirals to fight a legend like whitebeard. and i kinda doubt that ace would join but if he did it might happen something like that

end of my first post-please be kind ^_^

JC123
June 16, 2008, 10:20 PM
I dunno about that. BB's crew isn't that big by what we know. He's powerful but every DF has a weakness.

I like the concept of a naval battle. And if WB has to go anywhere to get to Enies Lobby, it'll be through this area RIGHT HERE. Think... He has to sail right by Garp or someone else and quite frankly there's either through the WG or through Fishman Island.

And with Luffy and crew making escape down in Fishman Island, there's more hell to pay for the WG up top.

And Kizaru sounds like the main choice. I like to think that the three admirals control different parts of the World.

Aokiji the Old World... Kizaru the Middle... And Akainu (with BB) being a final boss in the New World near One Piece.

And with VegaPunk being the expert, he has to come up sometime. He's been mentioned. 10:1 odds that somewhere the SHs go, there may be more of a chance they find the DF trees where the fruits scatter from.

Anyway, back on topic, next one is mainly about Rayleigh. Everything's been said already. He's getting famous and he needs to hurry and slick up their ride for Fishman Island where we may meet Jinbei. THAT should be fun. :)

cachaco99
June 16, 2008, 10:36 PM
yeah, cant wait for fishman island. it's like b4 when the crew found out that they were headed to fishman island everyone couldnt wait but then brook appeared and now rayleigh. i wonder how much longer its gonna take to get to fishman island. but right now the current arc is so good that i can wait for fishman island.

hopefully we'll get more info on the D since rayleigh was roger's first mate and should know something plus info on the D is long overdue. since we passed the 500th chapter

Devil-buster
June 16, 2008, 10:45 PM
what the hell is the "Old WOrld" lol...and I dont think the Admirals control individual territories....I think they only get involved with incidents in the new world or areas surrounding the headquarters.....they r said to be the World governments strongest weapons...I dont think they will go prancing around hunting weaklings...

Shiro-kun
June 16, 2008, 11:01 PM
what the hell is the "Old WOrld" lol...and I dont think the Admirals control individual territories....I think they only get involved with incidents in the new world or areas surrounding the headquarters.....they r said to be the World governments strongest weapons...I dont think they will go prancing around hunting weaklings...

I agree
Well we do know that they suppose to advise lower ranking officers activities and direct a portion of the marines , but other than that they have other interests besides that, probably do not care about the weaker parts of the world

LoS
June 16, 2008, 11:44 PM
Well we cant rule out their adventures and exploits either. Two of them have polar opposite personalities and views on "Justice" the third Admiral might be a nice median/middle between the two other Admirals.

We have seen the laid back Akoji travel the world; meanwhile, Akainu is probably up tight and near the Navy at all times, never taking trips or roaming, just in case he receives an order. Kizaru might roam the new world but stay close to HQ, a bit laid back but close enough to HQ in case he gets an order.

I doubt they "rule" certain parts of the world, but just go wherever they feel.

gold349
June 17, 2008, 04:29 AM
I think it's entirely possible that Luffy encounters Garp again. Perhaps though, Garp will let Luffy slip away as long as he's heading towards saving Ace (at Garp's suggestion). Another great chapter, some of Rayleigh's facial expressions cracked me up. He really does seem a bit like Zoro in his personality, same carefree attitude yet serious at the drop of a hat.

The relationship between grandfather and grandson will change, I don't know if its going to be now but Garp is a marine and he must at some point change. He may let him pass, not move out of his way and let him pass but go easy on his grandson so that he is able to sneak through, Garp was one of those mentioned alongside Roger and Sengokou by White beard so we know he has been around long enough to survive and must have serious skill (what we have seen of Garp is just minor).

Like many others, loved the way Raleigh was shown in this chapter, him and the giant.

Akainu
June 17, 2008, 05:28 AM
I don't get why everyone is so keen on seeing Garp again. He got too much screentime lately for a minor character and his statement could be taken either way, but we don't know how he wanted to deal with it...

Zoro-kun
June 17, 2008, 07:59 AM
hi, im new to the forum but not new to one piece. ive been reading the forums for a long time and FINALLY i get to share my opinions with REAL one piece fans :)

ive been hearing talk about ace and whether luffy will help or not. and i remember a long time ago people thought ace would join the strawhats(from a different site). here is my theory about the ace situation and a theory if ace ever did join (but i dont know if that would ever happen cause if he did then the strawhats would be even more invincible) anyways here is the theory, im not saying that it will happen but this is how i picture that it might happen

this would be after the current arc. after everything unfolds and the strawhats save camie, the strawhats decide to save ace cause even luffy doesnt want ace to die cause maybe luffy hears that the gov set a trap for whitebeard and is gonna kill whitebeard(meaning noone else might save ace). since the strawhats cant go back they use camie's power of talking to fish to led the way back. on the way there the 3 admirals are waiting for whitebeard on the island. luffy and whitebeard cross eachother b4 going on the island. and they talk (maybe a fight as a sort of teat or maybe just talking) after they meet they decide to save ace cause luffy says thats his bro. after both crews arrive they fight a massive army consisting of admirals, vice admirals and others. just when whitebeard saves ace blackbeard shows up and attacks whitebeard, killing him but not instantly. then whitebeard and ace talk. since ace's dream of making whitebeard the pirate king is no more whitebeard says to ace to help luffy become the pirate king, cause while whitebeard and luffy talked or fought whitebeard sensed that luffy would become the next pirate king cause who else is better to make that decision than the guy that tied with roger. whitebeard says to ace "make that kid the pirate king" and since it's whitebeard's last command ace gladly does as he's told and luffy welcomes his brother.

so thats about it. i dont know if that would ever happen or even if luffy would help ace. maybe luffy would find out about ace after they arrive on fishman island. but maybe whitebeard might die cause the marines ARE gonna need all 3 admirals to fight a legend like whitebeard. and i kinda doubt that ace would join but if he did it might happen something like that

end of my first post-please be kind ^_^

welcome to the forum ;) Intresting idea acctually, but there's just 1 thing...
I dont think Luffy will save Ace, caus remember Luffy said that he didn't ever want to be saved by Ace, so he did not want to save Ace either(said something about beeing strong, and that it would be humiliating to need help, dont quiet remember. It was said right after the thriller bark.)

And by 100's of hours with One piece experience, I KNOW Luffy is not the kind of person that goes back on his word.

It's not that i dont want Ace to live or to join the SH's, it's just that i find it very unlikely... but funny idea. good we get some more members here to discuss one piece. ^^

ZeroChrome
June 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
And by 100's of hours with One piece experience, I KNOW Luffy is not the kind of person that goes back on his word.

When I read this I was like "Oh God! Please don't let OP be like Naruto!" :p Well, I also think that it's unlikely that Luffy is going to save Ace, but Ace is indeed his brother after all. And another thing is, I think that if the SH's bounties are going to be raised again after this, it must be after another huge arc (like EL) and that, is when they go to save Ace. Otherwise, I have no idea how and when their bounties will rise again.

EDIT : Welcome aboard, cachaco99. go take the helm :p

caco
June 17, 2008, 09:37 AM
I don't think that SH crew can save ace at this time. They are strong but not that strong right now. If they want to save ace they will work together with WB and maybe shanks will help too (just maybe). I really dont think ace will die... no one die in one piece jajajaja

This arc is amizing!!!

cachaco99
June 17, 2008, 09:50 AM
thanks guys, i like this site cause people really talk about one piece whereas another site i was on they only talk about naruto or bleach. one piece is so much better - the fights, the story line, and the characters are all the best in one piece.

so anyways about rayleigh. i think he knows about luffy from shanks and not just rumors . cause when shanks went back to the new world he either had to go through the marines or through fishman island. and shanks knows that rayleigh is there so he asks his former vice captain to coat his ship and while doing that they talk cause rayleigh sees shanks with one arm and no strawhat and thats when shanks talks about luffy and he says to keep track of luffy cause luffy has potential but maybe rayleigh is lazy and shakky is there listening also.

i wonder if shakky was with gol d roger cause is says that she was chased by garp also.

sharingan_kakashi
June 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
thanks guys, i like this site cause people really talk about one piece whereas another site i was on they only talk about naruto or bleach. one piece is so much better - the fights, the story line, and the characters are all the best in one piece.

so anyways about rayleigh. i think he knows about luffy from shanks and not just rumors . cause when shanks went back to the new world he either had to go through the marines or through fishman island. and shanks knows that rayleigh is there so he asks his former vice captain to coat his ship and while doing that they talk cause rayleigh sees shanks with one arm and no strawhat and thats when shanks talks about luffy and he says to keep track of luffy cause luffy has potential but maybe rayleigh is lazy and shakky is there listening also.

i wonder if shakky was with gol d roger cause is says that she was chased by garp also.
Amen to that.

and about your second statement. Shanks would have told him about his prodigy in East Blue. Like you said there is only one way to get to th New world. Rayleigh probably has a message for Luffy from Shanks.

@Ace. Where in the One Piece world is Ace being held captive? if its still ahead in the New World or Marijoe (is that right?) they might go and save him but they wont go back just to save him (to Enis Lobby).

Schabrak
June 17, 2008, 10:41 AM
Well this forum is for all manga, and not any special one, so let's stop being biased. This thema can be discussed somewhere else.

Well Shanks was part of Rogers crew, and there were people besides them and before them, that had to come to the "New World". There had to be other ways to go to the other side of the Red Line besides coating. It's not like Rayleigh invented the whole coating thing.^^
But it is also clear, that he could just have remembered the straw hat; or Luffy himself not only by the cloth, but also because he propably had to do with Luffys family in the past too. Well his name is Monkey D. after all, like Garp and Monkey D. Dragon.

Maybe Ace had another mother, because of the "Puma"?

Would'nt it be nice to see Smoker again?:D

@Ace. Where in the One Piece world is Ace being held captive? if its still ahead in the New World or Marijoe (is that right?) they might go and save him but they wont go back just to save him (to Enis Lobby).
Ace is being held captive in Impel Down, which is behind Enies Lobby and most surely in the New World. Where else would be the biggest prison of the Marines?

Mr.Popo
June 17, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ace is being held captive in Impel Down, which is behind Enies Lobby and most surely in the New World. Where else would be the biggest prison of the Marines?Where on earth was that said?
He is sentenced to public execution and that won't take place in Impel Down.
It will be either on Archipellago (Grove 1) or more likely near MarieJoa. So Ace is obviously temporarily hold captive near that place.

anhdeptrai
June 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry if my questions not related to the next chapter but this seems to be the most viewed topic.

Why did Shanks go back to East Blue in the first place? did Oda mention it somewhere in the story? Shanks already famous before he went back to East Blue and I don't think it is his hometown either. There must be a connection for him to visit the town where Luffy live.

Anyone guess who's Luffy mother is? I don't think she is just an ordinary person or if she still alive; the story never mention about Luffy's mother. Should we expect an arc about Luffy's family tree?

Schabrak
June 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
Where on earth was that said?
He is sentenced to public execution and that won't take place in Impel Down.
It will be either on Archipellago (Grove 1) or more likely near MarieJoa. So Ace is obviously temporarily hold captive near that place.
Could you just tell me, what you are questioning? Being held captive in I.D.? It being behind E.L.?
And
where on earth was that said?, that he would be executed near Luffy, the Archipelago or Marijoana? The Archipelago is NO PLACE for a 2nd vice of one of then Yonkous to be executed. There are to many dangerous people there all the time. And why bring him to M.J.? Pirates with high bounties are executed at marine controlled places with many normal people to discourage and scare them, so they distribute their sights. [my theory]

cachaco99
June 17, 2008, 12:48 PM
check this out. on the bottom of the page it says that ace IS gonna be executed on the Sabaody Archipelago. i dont know if its true but ace is NOT at impel down anymore meaning he may go to Sabaody Archipelago or he may be heading to the marine hq.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Impel_Down

about whats happening. this is my prediction for the next chapter or couple of chapters.

1st i dont think its gonna be a race to get the ship coated. only because that human auction is so disgusting that the strawhats and oda should not let it stand anymore. there was talk about the auction being run by don doflamingo because of the signs on the stage. i DO think don is behind it. when you see the sign and don's sign, they are similar except when we see don's sign the first time it was done by spray paint which is why the sign looks like its dripping. since i believe that the person behind the auction is don im gonna run with the idea . i think don will make an appearence because the auction is going to hell. the nobles call for an admiral but the hq says they cant send one because of the whitebeard situation. lets say don is there listening(because b4 he said his bussiness was going good so he must have some free time). while listening don decides to go because maybe the gov MIGHT not know that he runs a human auction and he wants to keep it a secret. so don volunteers to go in place of an admiral, not to save the nobles but to destroy the strawhats. when don gets there he explains the situation (maybe) which allows the crew to hear whats going on. all the other supernovas show up. (there used to be talk about the strawhats vs all the supernovas so im going with that). when don shows up he controls the supernovas cause his power looks like puppet type powers. or he might control rayleigh. or he might control the crew (that would be hard for luffy to fight against). anyways lets say he controls the other supernovas. then its the strawhats vs supernovas.

luffy vs kid
zoro vs killer or hawkins or drake (maybe cause killer might be kids first mate)
nami vs jewelry (cause they are both girls)
brook vs apoo (both have a music theme)
capone vs franky (both are underworld boss types cuz capone looks like mafia)
sanji vs law (a big maybe)
chopper vs urouge (cause chopper fights big guys)
usopp and robin - dont know

after the fight luffy focuses on don. after their fight luffy wins and the marines (maybe garp) finds out that don was running a human auction. don gets stripped of his title and the human auction is no more. then its the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

but if ace's execution is gonna happen on the Sabaody Archipelago then there might be a big war. hopefully the execution will happen there cause then luffy wont have to go anywhere and they can also meet whitebeard.

sharingan_kakashi
June 17, 2008, 01:03 PM
Why did Shanks go back to East Blue in the first place? did Oda mention it somewhere in the story? Shanks already famous before he went back to East Blue and I don't think it is his hometown either. There must be a connection for him to visit the town where Luffy live.

Aha now you asked THE question!!

The answer is of course still unclear but we know that he is not from east blue because he came from a town in West blue. It looks like he was visiting someone there (may be Luffy's caretaker). I hope we will learn about it when Luffy and Shanks finally meet up.

cachaco99
June 17, 2008, 01:14 PM
i explained about shanks b4 but it got erased somehow.

luffy's hometown was shanks base which is why shanks is there. shanks said it himself

and about luffy's mom

remember the mayor. when he heard of luffy's bounty he said i wonder if "dadan" knows about this. if dadan is a girls name then maybe dadan might be luffy's mom and if so then she is alive. or dadan could be the guy that trained luffy and ace when they were little kids

sharingan_kakashi
June 17, 2008, 01:37 PM
Yes, but why would a Yonkou pick a small harbor village in East blue as his base?

cachaco99
June 17, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, but why would a Yonkou pick a small harbor village in East blue as his base?

i get what your saying. its strange. he must have had an important reason for being there but in his profile it says that he loved the atmosphere. but then again why did he even go to the island. maybe dragon is involved, or maybe makino is a love interest (highly unlikely) the main reason is unknown but maybe since it was a small island shanks could hide cause the marines wouldnt look there. but the main question is why did shanks leave the new world for a bit. anyways check shanks profile.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Shanks

Schabrak
June 17, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well it was temporary and we don't know if he was a Yonkou back than. I'm pretty sure he was not, because he did not kill the sea monster per presure.^^ He was more like an under 100.000.000 belly pirate.^^

@cachako99: I do not want a **** wiki page.^^ I want the fact given by a manga page. Was it on one of that "title stories"?

Bartserk
June 17, 2008, 05:18 PM
I don't know, but with every chapter that is released Trafalgar Law looks more and more badass. When I saw the bounties I thought the showdown with Luffy vs Kidd was kinda obvious, but taking in consideration how the events are going, I hope both Law and Kidd end up as temporary allies for the strawhats. It would be so freaking interesting, considering the amount of important characters that are going to get togerher in the archipelago.

Mr.Popo
June 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
Did somebody notice that the Axe man here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/497/16/) could be admiral
Kizeru (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/04/) (yellow monkey) himself?

LoS
June 17, 2008, 07:19 PM
Whats up with nearly all the powerful fighters thus far being insanely tall? Aokiji was huge and the other two silhouettes are his height. White Beard, Kuma, Moria, Black Beard they are all huge guys.

But yes that would be a good fit that the Axe guy was Kizeru, since it would finally revel who that man was.

JC123
June 17, 2008, 09:23 PM

Am I the only one that believe the DF powers are beginning to god mode?

Kuma has about 20 powers in just the one DF for hearts or whatever. (I know I am being unfair.)

LoS
June 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
Well I would imagine the power of the Devil would be quite strong...

sharingan_kakashi
June 17, 2008, 09:33 PM

Am I the only one that believe the DF powers are beginning to god mode?

Kuma has about 20 powers in just the one DF for hearts or whatever. (I know I am being unfair.)
His powers are not only from the Devil fruit but his body is also engineered by Dr Vegapunk. He told Zoro about it i believe.

Whats up with nearly all the powerful fighters thus far being insanely tall? Aokiji was huge and the other two silhouettes are his height. White Beard, Kuma, Moria, Black Beard they are all huge guys.

But yes that would be a good fit that the Axe guy was Kizeru, since it would finally revel who that man was.

Maybe theyre part giant O.o The sillhouette of the 3 admirals are all the same height as well so i guess we can expect the other two to be as tall as Aokiji.

Edit: (reply for below)
@LoS. Oh hahaha!! i might have stopped reading your post at some point :p

LoS
June 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
The sillhouette of the 3 admirals are all the same height as well so i guess we can expect the other two to be as tall as Aokiji.

Thats exactly what I said lol.

bittman
June 17, 2008, 10:03 PM
Concerning 'god mode' Devil Fruits: We are 500 chapters into One Piece, it's only natural all the powers which make the new world are worthy of note. Besides, no fruit is completely god mode as shown by the defeat of Enel and Crocodile, who were logia users, by a man that can stretch himself ^_~

cachaco99
June 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
that is soo true. alot of people now are big. like brook, franky, moria, kuma, the admirals, whitebeard, and others and even jimbei cause jimbei is suppose to be a whale shark and whale sharks are the biggest species of sharks.

sharingan_kakashi
June 18, 2008, 12:17 AM
Concerning 'god mode' Devil Fruits: We are 500 chapters into One Piece, it's only natural all the powers which make the new world are worthy of note. Besides, no fruit is completely god mode as shown by the defeat of Enel and Crocodile, who were logia users, by a man that can stretch himself ^_~

speaking of weakness. is it possible that all the devil fruits share one comon weakness which is WATER. We know they become log when submerged but we have seen Luffy's power get sucked away by it. And Crocodile's weakness to water cause he is made of sand. Is it possible that Ace and Aokiji's weakness is also water? Just a little theory.

LoS
June 18, 2008, 12:33 AM
Ummm you obviously forgot how easily Aokiji can manipulate water. If Aokiji were to face off against a water DF he would instantly freeze him.

Water actually has two legit natural weaknesses, I say legit because these two natural occurrences actually oppose water. Those are Ice, and Electricity.

Electricity(out of the picture now) & Ice > Water
Water > Fire
Fire > Ice

Water > Fire > Ice
Fire > Ice > Water
Ice > Water > Fire

so you have basically a triangle between Water(whoever), Ice(Aokiji), and Fire(Ace) who all naturally oppose one another. Water originally has two weaknesses(Ice and Electricity) but now we do not have to worry about Electricity since Enel is out of the picture.

Thats partly what makes losing Ace or Aokiji in the upcoming battle such a big deal. Ace is fated to destroy Aokiji, since he is his natural enemy. Sure Aokiji might have "trained" his DF power since he has had it for much longer, and accumulated much more experience but Ace is Aokiji's natural enemy and those match-ups always are one sided.

bittman
June 18, 2008, 01:20 AM
It's implied the weakness of a DF user is not water, but the sea. Though you can say salt water, that's still not true. As a pirate themed story, the power of the sea is something that is beyond comprehension and has a mystical sense to it.

That said, water may work on Ace (because he is fire) and Smoker (because it would be dampened), though when the rain hit in Lougetown Smoker seemed unperturbed.

LoS
June 18, 2008, 01:48 AM
though when the rain hit in Lougetown Smoker seemed unperturbed.

I reread the chapter with Dragon confronting Smoker and it seemed even wind did not affect him.

during:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/20/

after
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/21/

So we saw the water did not affect him very much, and the wind did not sweep him away. This is starting to make less and less sense. Smoke should be combatted by both air/wind and water. Plus Smoke and Fire were on an equal level, they are like cousins of the same vein, so shouldn't the weaknesses of fire be the weaknesses of Smoke?

Umbra Wolf
June 18, 2008, 06:31 AM
Oda said in a FPS that rain and other pouring water (like taking a shower) does NOT affect DF Users. Only deep calm, not-moving water-bodies like the ocean, seas and rivers if the body is fully surrounded does affect their powers negatively.

As for Smoker in this particular scene I wouldn't interpret too much into it. Smoker probably trained hard enough so he could maintain his Smoke form even during the most roaring storms else he could only work part-times.;)

Schabrak
June 18, 2008, 07:08 AM
And the marines would just water guns(Whaterver they are called in englisch-_-) to kill of DF users. DF user also need to drink and a humans body consists to 60/70% of water. They would not be able to use their powers if normal water would effect their abilitys.
The thing with crocodile was, that it was about wet sand, not his DF power, while the ozean has some kind of effect/power/water stone particles that immobilizes Devil fruits.

JC123
June 18, 2008, 07:10 AM
Think Pirates of the Caribbean...

The sea rejects them for having a Devil Fruit.

ZeroChrome
June 18, 2008, 07:18 AM
and as for water DF user, one has already appeared in a movie. so, probably it won't appear anymore in the manga. unless Oda wants to bring the character back

LoS
June 18, 2008, 07:19 AM
We know just plain water does not affect them, we were trying to figure out how you combat/defeat Smoker. Water, extreme heat, wind, and completely enclosing him in a hollow object/prison were the ideas.

But it seemed that water, and wind had little to no effect on him. Nor did fire, maybe the fire was not hot enough, but I still doubt it would have worked.

Schabrak
June 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
unless Oda wants to bring the character back
Movies = OVA != Manga/Anime -> Oda can use the DF ability again, but that would be pretty lame. I really hope that the movies get better again.

Well, Luffy creates smoke in Gear 2 state... It could be an dis/advantage.^^ They just have to cool Smocker down. Aokoji would own him right away... Nami could use her staff or Sanji could create a whirwind.

cachaco99
June 18, 2008, 09:55 AM
a while ago i read something that someone said that roger made the devil fruits, which is highly unlikely if someone did create the devil fruits then i would have to say davy jones cause it makes sense.

davy jones is a long lived legend told by pirates. think about it davy jones is cursed, why is he cursed MAYBE because he did something bad (duh) lets say davy jones did create the devil fruits then the higher ups (talking about god and stuff not marines) cursed davy jones for what he did. jones unleashed powerful forces to the world. so being cursed jones cursed the fruits. also because jones lives underwater anyone who goes underwater is to be a hammer. so thats my thought about devil fruits somebody may have created them and if someone did then it must have been davy jones. but this is just a theory

another one would be imagine if gold roger had a captain. and his captain was an alive davy jones. (just a theory)

and one more. i think devil fruits do reincarnate. oda said something about the devil fruits along the lines of. the same powers exist twice but not at the same time. which should mean that if someone dies then there devil fruit might be reborn and come back. like if gold roger had the gomu gomu no mi that would somewhat explain how shanks got it. cause fate works in weird ways. like shanks was meant to get it just so luffy would eat it. fate works like that some times and if devil fruits do reincarnate it would explain why the books of devil fruits were made. they were to keep track of the powers and shapes of the devil fruits. so if someone ate it and then died they would know what power the devil fruit had unless vegapunk has a machine that tells what power a devil fruit has. cause it wouldnt make sense if noone ate it how do they know what power it has. even if they look in the book still how would they know if they never ate it. which means that the devil fruits should have the power to be reborn when the user dies. and one more question if someone has a devil fruit power and they have a kid, would the kid have the power also(i doubt it but its never been proven)

heiky0711
June 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
I hope raleigh reveals how gol d roger got caught and the guy who caught him. he must be the strongest marine or government to have ever caught the pirate king.

sharingan_kakashi
June 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
I think i lost interest in Pirates of the Carribean when the name Davy Jones came up. SO i hope that doesnt appear in OP.

@Heiky0711. That is a possibility. But it might be too soon for them to know since it doesnt really concern them.

romme
June 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
I hope raleigh reveals how gol d roger got caught and the guy who caught him. he must be the strongest marine or government to have ever caught the pirate king.

it was luffys grandpa vice-admiral garp (former admiral)
they said it when they introduced him i think like "the man who cornered gol d roger" something like that (just @ water 7)

i hope in the next few chapters they will show the 2 unknown
pirate-lords ^^

Akainu
June 18, 2008, 12:38 PM
it was luffys grandpa vice-admiral garp (former admiral)
they said it when they introduced him i think like "the man who cornered gol d roger" something like that (just @ water 7)

i hope in the next few chapters they will show the 2 unknown
pirate-lords ^^

cornering someone aint capturing someone.
garp definately did not do the latter. the first one roughly translates into "in die Enge treiben" which leaves enough space for fights but also for Gol to get away.

as to who caught him, perhaps it was no one and he let himself be taken prisoner. there were already brought up alot of reasons that support this theory (can be found somwhere in the tree of knowledge)

romme
June 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
cornering someone aint capturing someone.
garp definately did not do the latter. the first one roughly translates into "in die Enge treiben" which leaves enough space for fights but also for Gol to get away.

as to who caught him, perhaps it was no one and he let himself be taken prisoner. there were already brought up alot of reasons that support this theory (can be found somwhere in the tree of knowledge)

well ... corner means "ecke" ... so it sounds to me like capturing (why should garp be "the legendary" ?) nevertheless
it's still possible that gol let himself get caught ... (garp is a pretty nice person ... and maybe they even had a kind of friendship)

still ... some1 agrees with my desire to see the 2 remaining pirate-lords ?

Kikuna992
June 18, 2008, 01:23 PM
well ... corner means "ecke" ... so it sounds to me like capturing (why should garp be "the legendary" ?) nevertheless
it's still possible that gol let himself get caught ... (garp is a pretty nice person ... and maybe they even had a kind of friendship)

Your wrong. A direct translation from the manga is "He's the legendary marine who cornered the Pirate King on many occasions!!"

the "on many occasions" is the important part. Therefore Garp cornered Roger but ultimately did not capture him.

Imitorar
June 18, 2008, 03:34 PM
Everyone, please try to stay on topic. This thread is for discussing chapter 503 and predicting chapter 504, not discussing Devil Fruits or Gold Roger. If you want to discuss those things, find the appropriate threads in the Tree of Knowledge.

bax
June 20, 2008, 03:05 AM
The RAW is out, get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33402)!!

Go ahead and discuss about the chapter guys ;) And also predict the next :)

LoS
June 20, 2008, 03:27 AM
Nice chapter, I have abizillion thoughts/scenarios running through my mind right now concerning which Schibi's will show up, how the confrontation with Kizaru will go down.

There is just sooooo much to speculate on this time around.

Shiro-kun
June 20, 2008, 03:40 AM
Awesome Chapter,
Three Supernova's vs Marines and Admiral Kizaru
Shichibukai (i wonder if it most or least) vs Whitebeard
and what Rayliegh is going to do as well

Oda really gave a lot of what going to happen in the next few chapters :tem!

goldb
June 20, 2008, 03:58 AM
i'm tryna think about how law and kidd's DF powers work, and this is what i came up with for law: i think by him, using "room" he create the aforementioned and can sorta replace and manipulate anything within that room

for kidd i think he repels things which is different from kuma's though certain aspects are similar...

but great chapter though...

LoS
June 20, 2008, 04:04 AM
what i came up with for law.

If you look closely in the panel with him and the Marine and the cannonball flying at him, there is this vertical cylinder containing Law, the cannonball, and the Marine. Law is able to cast a circle(the cylinder in this case) and within that circle he can manipulate objects, but outside of that circle who knows yet.

Then again he has only showed us this technique, it is probably his most basic move.

pxtreme
June 20, 2008, 04:26 AM
If you look closely in the panel with him and the Marine and the cannonball flying at him, there is this vertical cylinder containing Law, the cannonball, and the Marine. Law is able to cast a circle(the cylinder in this case) and within that circle he can manipulate objects, but outside of that circle who knows yet.

Then again he has only showed us this technique, it is probably his most basic move.

yeah that's right.there's more to come.but i can't believe that 3 great pirate leaders joined forces and beat the marines up. law and kidd sure are an interesting character.got to see more of them.and i think that giant will have an encounter w/ usopp(remember,the giants in water 7)...rayleigh w/ luffy and the bear w/ a sword and zorro.

LoS
June 20, 2008, 04:34 AM
I am most interested in the help/fighters Kizaru is bringing with him. They sound troublesome. But whats good about more strong fighters on the opposite side is that none of the rookies and their crews will be able to escape without a fight, at least I think.

ZeroChrome
June 20, 2008, 04:39 AM
hmm, probably some special groups like Houbantai and the huge guards with steel balls in EL. or probably some vice admirals. awesome chapter indeed. and what's more, the Lacueva guy is still alive!! :XD

Organizized
June 20, 2008, 05:18 AM
The age of "smiles"? Hmhm?

Interesting chapter indeed. They actually teamed up, then... SO AWESOME! I always liked Law but MAN his ability is killer! And Kidd has also grown more to my liking although his ability isn't nearly as cool.

And this means all the crew members of the three, or at least the Straw Hats are coming to join the fight as well? This'll be one hell of a fight. Btw, aren't Kidd's nakama walking behind him when he goes out? Because only Law, Kidd and Luffy are there, I wonder what made the others stay.

They said thirteen bounty heads, right? That means the Straw hats though I'm not counting Brooke since I don't think they've confirmed it's him, Kidd, Law, Killer and two more which I believe is the bear guy and the guy with the sewed up mouth (only the bear I hope, if they have Brooke counted in there).
Best chapter in a while, love it! :D

Akainu
June 20, 2008, 05:45 AM
First of all this week, I have to admit I was wrong with the sign not being Flamingos, it was kinda too obvious for an Oda, but then again that made it a pretty good surprise, huh? also it seems like he is abandoning his business now that he senses the new age to come.
on another note about flamingo: could it be that there is a relation from 'flamingo' to 'flamenco'? thats some kind of joke in music business and it would fit the spanish connection his character already has with his surname.

Second, and I'm not sure that anyone will agree with me, but Kizaru has a kinda "monkey d.'ish" nose. would be another too obvious but he has already a monkey nickname ...
I don't want to interpret too much in it but I wouldn't want to abandon the thought!
On a sidenote Sengoku seems really worried. I like that *eg*.

And last but not least: its cool to see the 3 top tier supernovae fighting together.
I especially like law's ability idk why but it seems much cooler than the others and I wonder if he could do that on see which would ultimately lead to sinking ships (suits his name, that's where the thought comes from).
the only thing left to see is how their crews fight as they got strong people in there.
the other supernovae will be unmentioned for now, especially those cowardly retards -.-
though I bet we are going to see what happens when you get a bad coater with capone.

pcxxy
June 20, 2008, 05:48 AM
organized: age of smiles, yes... this grin has been sticking around for a while lol.

akainu: don't feel so bad about yourself... :p

awsome chapter indeed!

Sachsenhesse
June 20, 2008, 07:19 AM
sengoku is worried =D all because of luffy. law and kidd seems to be not so interesting as him... hm but a nice team

oh and there are 3 unknown people with bountys, because there is not sogeking, but usopp --> brook and usopp are not known by the marines yet

so many questions left... kizaru seems also like i would know him o.o but from when

Ustegius
June 20, 2008, 08:45 AM
For the unknown bounties; Ray can't be counted in 'cause as he says, don't know who he is around Shabondy. Also, there were some small time pirates at sell in auction, maybe one of them is noted? Well for the three unkown bounties my bet is; the Bear, the Headbanger and ?.

So awesome chapter. OP rules totally! ^^;

PirateMusician
June 20, 2008, 09:09 AM
Second, and I'm not sure that anyone will agree with me, but Kizaru has a kinda "monkey d.'ish" nose. would be another too obvious but he has already a monkey nickname ...

I've been musing about that as well... We still don't know the identity of the person Garp left Ace and Luffy with to train, right? could be Uncle Kizaru :p (although he probably would have had a different name then)

Speaking of which... where is Garp now, anyway? Maybe he'll waylay Rayleigh on his way back to #13... or maybe he'll run into Kizaru and Luffy and make a big mess there... I think we'll get at least a short scene with Rayleigh and Garp, 1 on 1 :tem

goldb
June 20, 2008, 09:28 AM
@pxtreme: the bear holds the sword for law..why he doesn't carry his own i don't know..
@Organizized: yeah, lol law's ability is freakishly good! maybe that's why they call him the dark doctor or whatever his nickname is: because he removes his oponnents body parts instead of killing them or something...(just a thought)

anyways sengoku seriously seems worried, i think he is one of the few marines remaining that has actually seen WB in action and know his full strength....and on a sidenote kizaru seems very sure in his abilities, talking about "i'll be right back..." just cause you're an admiral don't mean you're invincible...

i sorta had a hunch it was gonna be kizaru and not akainu because the latter follows "absolute justice" and i don't think he would have wanted to miss going up against WB for anything...he's the rob lucci type and seems very keen on absolute destruction...

Absolutio
June 20, 2008, 09:58 AM
Awesome Chapter! So many events and valuable information in one chapter! I think I'll start my review right ahead, so look forward to it! ;)
Now on a lil prediction. I kinda have a feeling that Kizaru's special soldeirs will actually be a bunch of Pacifista's - The advanced Cyborgs like Kuma.

monkey D luffy
June 20, 2008, 10:10 AM
i think laws ability is just to swap things and he is an awsome swordman he took that marine head off with that sword and then used his ability to switch places between the marine head and the cannon ball, his power is NOT decapitating hes opponents (sorry if mispelled)

as for what will go on in the next chapter: the three caps will have all the attention focused to them allowing the others to run for it. im guessing kizaru is going to have some crazy marines with him or a buster call worth of power (a gigentic fleet to destroy the entire crew swiftlly. as hell its gonna happen. by the way i dont think aokiji can win against luffy anymore since in order to turn into their fruit power a logia user have to decide to do this (for exemple smocker getting hit by luffy when he didnt know luffy was coming) since he is very slow and luffy in gear second is extremly fast until aokiji sees luffy is coming he will get hit, and hit, and he wont have enough time to respond to the attack. wow i really went off topic here.
im guessing that the yellow monkey nick has something to do with the devil powers kizaru posses so we might see this next time.
i doubt oda will do a turnover and go to the other front the WG is having right now.

Akainu
June 20, 2008, 10:17 AM
lolz, I just had a thought on how the bear is possible: he is part of laws crew after all so what if he was a minor character or sth. alike before and then got badly injured so that law swapped his brain with that of a bear? that would fit his dark theme...

jehonleonce
June 20, 2008, 10:25 AM
i think law and don flamingo might have some sort of connection. The sign on law's shirt is very similar to don flamingo's jolly roger, tho not exactly the same. guess we'll have to wait and see. (I hope its not anything like that belamy guy).

I also predict that captain Hawkins will join up with black beard in the near future, with them both believing in fate and such. Seems like its just destined to happen (no pun intended).

Awesome chapter. Seems like there is alot of action coming. OP is soo great.

Emery
June 20, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hoooooly shit. Law's ability is fucking BROKEN.

ANBU4U
June 20, 2008, 10:59 AM
sengoku is worried =D all because of luffy. law and kidd seems to be not so interesting as him... hm but a nice team

oh and there are 3 unknown people with bountys, because there is not sogeking, but usopp --> brook and usopp are not known by the marines yet

so many questions left... kizaru seems also like i would know him o.o but from when

Brooke yes, as even Shakky didn't know about him yet. But Ussop? That nose is easily identifiable....the Marines aren't stupid.

Just look at Kuma, as soon as he saw Ussop he recognized him as Sogeking.

I'm sure marine HQ put two and two together as well.

That means two unnamed bounty heads...probably Kids Second Crewman (Their equivalent of Sanji) and Law's Polar Bear crewman...

sharingan_kakashi
June 20, 2008, 11:56 AM
the polar bear was just holding on to Law's sword. He sure is badass, I thnk his ability is somewhat similar to BB. Like he can manipulate space (inside the circle) and He seem to be a talented swordsman as well.

@Haki. Has Ussop and Nami gotten so strong that Rayleigh's Haki dont affect them anymore. All the marines have been put to sleep, which means their mental prowess is above them.

ShidoSan
June 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
Reading the chapter made me think that Kidd's ability might have something to do with magnetism despite repealing, wich already belongs to Kuma.
Anyway, OP is really awesome, but the story is really getting slow don't you think?

Sachsenhesse
June 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
@anbu4u

yes that might be right. but some times the marines are stupid as luffy so there is a chance like this

The story goes slow? I really dont think so, at yet the events are flowing together as no arc before. :/ We have WB vs. Shichibukai and Kizaru, Garp vs. supernovas, dont forget the possible death of ace. Ah and i forget Rayleigh. That story now has so much potential, its friggin unbelievebal, anything can happen. :D

Cease
June 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
Awesome chapter, Im assuming the Royal Shichibukai are the whole 7 shichis?

I wonder what are these "troops" of Kizaru, that the marines are talking about? DF users?

k-dom
June 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
I am most interested in the help/fighters Kizaru is bringing with him. They sound troublesome. But whats good about more strong fighters on the opposite side is that none of the rookies and their crews will be able to escape without a fight, at least I think.

Isn't it more something than someone ?

Law ability seems fun but there is still lots of misteries. Is the circle the maximum radius ? What happen when it disappears (stay switched or back to normal) ?

darkband
June 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
Reading the chapter made me think that Kidd's ability might have something to do with magnetism despite repealing, wich already belongs to Kuma.
Anyway, OP is really awesome, but the story is really getting slow don't you think?

That actually sounds like a good theory about his power. It would explain the difference between his and Kuma's and open up lots of possibilities.

This is a completely awesome chapter and it sets up several things seamlessly.

1. Kizaru is coming.
2. Shichibukai v. WB
3. Shows Law and Kid in action
4. Shows off Rayleigh more
5. Sets up for them to meet at grove 13

The story could pretty much go anywhere at this point, and I'm loving One Piece right now because of it.

Vetinari clone
June 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
i think laws ability is just to swap things and he is an awsome swordman he took that marine head off with that sword and then used his ability to switch places between the marine head and the cannon ball, his power is NOT decapitating hes opponents (sorry if mispelled)

yes that is exactly what i was going to say. also i was wondering if he can manipulate himself when inside the half-sphere so he could fly :D just a thought any way i think the main difference between kumas and kids is that kuma can reject anything by that i mean he can reject part of something where as law i think has to do the whole thing. also the reflect name seems to imply that it will go back the same direction that it came from of course i could be wrong also i imagine that he isn't kept just to hi hands but he can do it with most of his body. kuma was only able to use his hands but his ability was somewhat stronger.

Raysen_ht
June 20, 2008, 04:25 PM
That was an awesome chapter!! OP just keeps getting better and better
It answered so many questions!
Reylegh did use his spirit on everybody, i thought he had made it more directed to the enemies, because i didnt think Nami and Ussop could take it...guees i was wrong
I liked how he took the colar out of Caime
I also didnt think an admiral would actually come, but now im really exited to see what he can do
it ended the debate on doflamingo beeing the head of the human shop
It showed some great abbilities by Kidd and Law ( law is way cooler thought)
and set the stage for 2 major Battles:
WB x Shishibukai and
SH + some Supernova + Reylegh x Marines + Admiral Kisaru + whatever troops he is taking there!!

I think next we will see more of Luffi, Law, Kidd and respectives crews, kicking some marines ass, also we may see some development in the fight to get Ace...
Imo Kisaru will get there at the and of the chapter and we will have to wait another week to see what he brought and what he can do...

wing_gundam
June 20, 2008, 04:32 PM
lolz, I just had a thought on how the bear is possible: he is part of laws crew after all so what if he was a minor character or sth. alike before and then got badly injured so that law swapped his brain with that of a bear? that would fit his dark theme...

Could still be a 'bear bear' fruit/zoan right? in full animal mode.

Plus with Law's paw/animal prints on his clothes, it's clearly his crew's theme right?

Kidd's is a gothic crew right? i don't think he's got half humans in his crew i think its just a bunch of sadistic guys. :p

yes that is exactly what i was going to say. also i was wondering if he can manipulate himself when inside the half-sphere so he could fly :D just a thought any way i think the main difference between kumas and kids is that kuma can reject anything by that i mean he can reject part of something where as law i think has to do the whole thing. also the reflect name seems to imply that it will go back the same direction that it came from of course i could be wrong also i imagine that he isn't kept just to hi hands but he can do it with most of his body. kuma was only able to use his hands but his ability was somewhat stronger.

at first i wasn't all on the magnetism thing for kidd, but after seeing the chapter now, it does kinda look like he's got some sort of eletro force in his hands. the swirl around him looked like electricity to me - though it could be wind?

and for law...wondering if its a rotational thing.... rotated his room around?

kkck
June 20, 2008, 04:44 PM
Reading the chapter made me think that Kidd's ability might have something to do with magnetism despite repealing

While reading the manga I thought the exact same thing :).

Law's ability is apparently the abiliy to control anything within his orb or territory, seems pretty cool.

sharingan_kakashi
June 20, 2008, 04:52 PM
If Kidd's devil power is magnetism then it wont work on cannon balls because they like ceramics filled with gun powder or solid piece of earth.
or is it made of metal?? anyone know for a fact that its metallic?

i think its works more like impact dials which stores and transfer kinetic energy.

kkck
June 20, 2008, 04:56 PM
Cant wait to see how the whitebeard vs shichibukai thing turns out, but I dont really think WB is gonna win.
We know that to the very least mihawk and BB can fight at Whitebeards level.
Kuma's ability is awesome and his body nearly undestructible.
Flamingo has a very strange ability and a very high former bounty (340.000.000 I think).
Jimbei hasnt make an appearance so all we can do is speculate about his actual strenght.
Moria was said to fight evenly with kaido who is one of the 4 yonkou so he shouldnt be left out, although he might still be recovering from his fight againts the strawhats.
Then there is the final shichibukai who hasnt been revealed and for all we know he might be the strongest one of all.

WHitebeard is extremly strong, being able to fight evenly with the late pirate king and also has 16 divisions, lead by extremely powerfull men. I am sure whitebeard has strong crewmates besides the division leaders, but most likely they wont be usefull in fighting the shichibukai considering that strong auras are enough to subdue them, probably mihawk can take them out easily on his own.

Akainu
June 20, 2008, 04:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_shot
that looks very much like iron to me and honestly what else should it be?
glass and ceramic are way too unstable for amunition, as they would most likely burst on transport and if not then they would in the muzzle imo.

Stop
June 20, 2008, 05:03 PM
This was such a bad a$$ chapter can't wait to see more of law and kid

gujujai
June 20, 2008, 05:07 PM
Wats interesting is that the marine told Sengoku that a total of 13 bounty head have been confirmed.

And we have 9 people with Bounty in SH crew.

So that means other than Law, Kidd, and Killer there is only 1more crew member with bounty between both crew.

Thats kinda lame, seeing how even the weakest person in SH have a bounty.

So it means that other than the Captain and his right hand man everyone else on their crew is just mediocre. And weak enough to not even deserve a bounty.

WAT do U GUYS THINK?

bumbari19
June 20, 2008, 05:10 PM
might be a crazy theory, but i'll give it a try:
imo doflamingo and kidd look very similar to each other. especially that scar/vein above their noses lets me think that their kinda related to each other, like brothers. and the second thing what lets me think that there's a connection between the two is their ability to control movements. i somehow got the feeling the nature of their power is the same. in other words: they have shared their devil fruit or have eaten some kind of twin fruit.

kkck
June 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
In this chapter we saw that mafia guy, bonnie and the monk heading for fishman island. Hachi also said that some coaters were scamming pirates.
Do you think mafia guy, bonnie and the monk picked the right coaters? Will any of them make it to fishman island? Personaly I think that the mafia guy wont make it but I do see bonnie making another appearance when the strawhats get to fishmen island.
What I was also wondering is whether there will be any bonniexzoro (one sided, zoro will surely ignore her). I think it would be fun to see zoro ignoring bonie and sanji being pissed about bonnie liking zoro lol.

Mythsoul
June 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
Great chapter...the three top rookies ....against the marines....hmm and Raleigh seems to want to be on the download....perhaps he's just gonna talk to Luffy about something....mentor him in some sort of way...and remain there.....it would be cool if he joined for a bit....and I wonder what the Admiral is gonna bring with him...interesting...very interesting

KnuckleheadedNinja
June 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
Awesome chapter. We got to see some of Law and KIdd power.
Oda is on a row.

cachaco99
June 20, 2008, 05:37 PM
in the chapter they dont say anything about unknown bounties. the marines say 13 bounties and that 5 are the big time rookies. unless you guys are trying to find out who the last 2 are

1-luffy
2-zoro
3-nami
4-sogeking/usopp cause if kuma knows then so does the marines
5-sanji
6-chopper
7-robin
8-franky
9-kid
10-killer
11-law

the last 2 has to be either hatchi/rayleigh/brook/the bear

hatchi because he used to be a pirate and he escaped meaning he may have a bounty

rayleigh but then again because of how garp spoke then maybe the higher ups
dont know about rayleigh being on the island

brook of coarse the marines dont know because he's new but maybe they recognize the afro and clothes or moria could have showed brook but he still wouldnt know who he used to be

the bear could be but it doesnt say he even has one

i doubt oda will say 13 if we dont know the other two meaning it IS brook and rayleigh cause both have bounties and are stated to have them unlike hatchi who doesnt have a bounty and the bear who doesnt have a bounty as far as we know

so number

12-rayleigh
13-brook
[hr]

might be a crazy theory, but i'll give it a try:
imo doflamingo and kidd look very similar to each other. especially that scar/vein above their noses lets me think that their kinda related to each other, like brothers. and the second thing what lets me think that there's a connection between the two is their ability to control movements. i somehow got the feeling the nature of their power is the same. in other words: they have shared their devil fruit or have eaten some kind of twin fruit.

if i had to say don likes like anyone its zoro cuz both have similar hair style and facial structure.

and there is a difference between bouncing something back and controlling the movements of people. and that wouldnt make sense cause luffy and ace are bros but one uses fire and the other uses stretchy powers. i doubt anyone can SHARE a devil fruit cause then there would be 2 people with the same power but the similar devil fruit thing makes sense like luffy and bellamy,
and law and buggy

kkck
June 20, 2008, 05:47 PM
If kidd's and flamingos abilities are the same then the only thing I can think of to explain what they do would be aura. This would suck because if people start using auras like that, them soon we will see islands diapearing because of spirit bombs and kamehamehas.
My theory is that kidd and flamingo ate similar but diferent fruits.

gujujai
June 20, 2008, 05:51 PM
the marine know that there r 3crew present at the auction.

Which means that they know how many people in those crew have a bounty, and they said there r a total of 13

out of which 9 r in SH crew.(even if u don't count Ussop there r 8 )

that only leave 2 other people with bounty which we don't know about other than Kidd, Law, and Killer.

All I am saying is we have 9 or 8 ( which ever way u want to look at it ) people in the SH with bounty.

Which mean only 1 or 2 more person with bounty in rest of the two crew(now counting the big 3)

And here I thaught these crew r suppose to be the strongest.
[hr]
p.s. -

and the thing that i cant understand is that, if the rest of Kidd's and Law's crew is so weak then how were they able to keep consciousness when Rayleigh shot his aura?

Something doesn't match, if they r weak enough to not even have a bounty then they should have passed out just like all the other people in the auction.

gfire2
June 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
Law and Kidds crew arent pushovers for sure, you can tell by the fact that their captains arent stupid, they recognised luffy's craziness and didnt doubt his fighting ability for a single sec.

plus oda is just another crazy man bringing quality like this every week (is he even human lol)

varquous
June 20, 2008, 06:20 PM
One of Law's crew almost pass out.

I think Law's power is something like space manipulation. Maybe he has teleportation or ability to switch places. The marine's head still has momentum toward Law.

In a fight maybe Law can teleport as well.

LoS
June 20, 2008, 06:36 PM
1-luffy
2-zoro
3-nami
4-sogeking/usopp cause if kuma knows then so does the marines
5-sanji
6-chopper
7-robin
8-franky
9-kid
10-killer
11-law

This is full of flaws. First that is only an assumption that the Marines know that Usopp and Sogeking are the same person.

Second is that the Marines dont know what Sanji looks like, his bounty poster is Duvals old face after all.

Next is that Chopper is in a different form than what his poster displays. My assumption is that they discount him because of his extremely low bounty and different form.

So that is 8/9 people we know of included in the 13 bounties.

Freakzin
June 20, 2008, 06:39 PM
it's not that the people on Law's crew don't have bounties, they don't have bounties above 100, they could be like the strawhat's with minor bounties and the same counts for kidd

gold349
June 20, 2008, 07:07 PM
We saw Law use two techniques "room" and "shambles", something similar to what BB did, firstly show of his power, the circle was created and he chopped of the marines head, Law seemed as though he didn't move, maybe he can stop time and do what ever in that circle, secondly he restored the situation and unfroze time, cruelly showing the marine his body getting blown up to bits before he died, I don't know what devils fruit power it is but seems cool.

Frey
June 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
Don't really have any predictions to how the next chapter will be like. Though the chapter was exciting and I really can't wait untill the next :>

Mr.Popo
June 20, 2008, 07:47 PM
Sengoku seems visibly annoyed and irritated about the SHs.

Now we know what's really going to happen: WB vs Shishi !
I wonder if all Shishis will attend, though. Doflamingo seems to be excited about the idea, Kuma will follow orders and i doubt BB will miss this chance. But i'm not that sure about Mihawk and Moria might still be out of order (the other two are unknown as of now).

Rayleighs blast was indeed targeted at the whole audience. I had no doubt that Ussup, Chopper or Nami could withstand it, but i'm suprised that Hatchan could as well, expecially in his waekend state.

And one thing about our three captains: they are like peas in a pod (as Zorro would say), all crazy.
This incident seperates the wheat from the chaff. The mafia man is crap. Bonney and Uroge are probably Buggy like characters, they survive but are unimportant otherwise. The others are more of a worthy rival to the SHs, especially Kidd and Law.

One side note about Laws abilitiy, it's a bit too spacy for my taste.

JC123
June 20, 2008, 07:51 PM
I see that all three, Law, Kidd and Luffy are going to be enemies. But I see Law and Luffy being like Shanks and Mihawk. Friendly rivalry or not, Kidd may bring them together even if he's crazy.

Why do I have a feeling that Kizaru is someone we have seen before however? Something about that chin was seen before...

Anyway, Urouge is seeming pretty powerful. Drake isn't a wuss. Other than that, I wonder who else will actually stay?

The mafia boss I believe will be the first to go down...

LoS
June 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
Doflamingo seems to be excited about the idea

Rayleighs blast was indeed targeted at the whole audience. I had no doubt that Ussup, Chopper or Nami could withstand it, but i'm suprised that Hatchan could as well, expecially in his waekend state.

My take on this is that Flamingo is excited because there is the chance that once WB goes down other pirates such as himself can take this opportunity to step into his place, fill his position. You take out the stiffest competition for Pirate King and now everyone else has a great chance of becoming the King themselves.

Also I don't think Rayleigh used his Aura on the Straw Hats, he said he used it on everyone but them. Hence, why he was commending those outside the SH's for not passing out. Further evidence for this is that when Rayleigh is congratulating those for not passing out the page only shows Kidd + his men, and Law + his men, no Straw Hats.

cachaco99
June 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
This is full of flaws. First that is only an assumption that the Marines know that Usopp and Sogeking are the same person.

Second is that the Marines dont know what Sanji looks like, his bounty poster is Duvals old face after all.

Next is that Chopper is in a different form than what his poster displays. My assumption is that they discount him because of his extremely low bounty and different form.

So that is 8/9 people we know of included in the 13 bounties.

ok for argument sakes lets says im wrong. reguardless there ARE 13 people with bounties that have been stated as having bounties. even if the gov doesnt know usopp or sanji or even chopper (which they do) then they still know that the strawhats have sogeking, black leg sanji (even if they dont know the face) and chopper the pet(not really). the thing is that the gov said there are 13 bounties so even chopper is included. so again the 13 bounties are

1-luffy-cause he is famous
2-zoro-cause he is famous
3-nami-cause they know what she looks like and she has a bounty
4-sogeking/usopp-even IF they dont know the marines know that sogeking is apart of the crew and therefore included him in the count
5-sanji-same thing, even IF they dont know his face the marines know that there is a crew member named blackleg sanji and is also included in the count
6-chopper-even if his bounty is 50 he still has a bounty and he is in his brain point which means the marines know him. and the marines know that he is apart of the crew and also included him in the count
7-robin-cause she is well known
8-franky-cause the marines know that he is apart of their crew
9-kid-cause he is famous
10-law-cause he is famous
11-killer-cause he is in kids crew and is a supernova

so to be honest this list isnt full of flaws. the marines know how many people are in the strawhat crew and therefore included them in the count

so again that leaves 2 people but the only other ones that for sure have a bounty are brook and rayleigh

12-brook-even if he isnt known MAYBE kuma reported brook if not he still does have a bounty
13-rayleigh-maybe the marines dont know he's there or maybe they do either way he does have a bounty

that marine said there are 13 bounties and the only 13 that have bounties that we also know are those 13. kid and laws crew members should have bounties but its unknown for now but the 13 that i said DO have bounties and we know they do so there is no point in finding out who the 13 are. only those 13 have bounties that we know of so far

JC123
June 20, 2008, 09:02 PM
That list leaves out Law and Kidd's First mate who more than likely have bounties near Zoro and Sanji's. Just because we know the exploits of the SHs doesn't mean that the adventures of the other crews aren't equally impressive. ;)

Besides, I don't think a 50 beli reward is really worth catching for Chopper.

cachaco99
June 20, 2008, 09:10 PM
i think killer is kids firstmate cause killer has a high bounty and is a supernova. if he wasnt then kids firstmate should be shown and have a high bounty but since only killer has been revealed i think killer is the firstmate

as for law i think the bear is laws firstmate cause most of the time the no name people usually look alike or they dont have any unique characteristics but the bear is different looking and unique but if he has a bounty then it must be under 100 mil

for chopper, it sucks to have a 50 beli bounty but its still a bounty. imagine if the bear was a real bear/pet and he had a high bounty then chopper will be pissed cause he is strong and only has 50 beli lol

ShidoSan
June 20, 2008, 09:17 PM
I see that all three, Law, Kidd and Luffy are going to be enemies. But I see Law and Luffy being like Shanks and Mihawk. Friendly rivalry or not, Kidd may bring them together even if he's crazy.

Why do I have a feeling that Kizaru is someone we have seen before however? Something about that chin was seen before...

Actually, i see Luffy getting friendly with Kidd. I didn't like Law from the first time I saw him, but I really like Kidd.
Anyway, in the G8 filler arc, the commander of the base says to be friend of Kizaru, maybe you're recording this.
Anyway, cannon rounds made of ceramic sounds non-sense. It would explode in the shot, at least the ones I know as existing. After all, iron balls would make the magnetism theory much more suitable, as the iron is very susceptible to magnetic forces.

LoS
June 20, 2008, 09:20 PM
the marines know how many people are in the strawhat crew and therefore included them in the count

LOOOOOOOOL. So just because they know how many are in the crew they include all of them, loooool. Then by all rights they should include every single member of Kidd and Law's crews who have bounties as well, since they have seen Law and Kidd there as well. All you are doing is making assumptions, but its okay we dont know yet and thats what the next chapter is for.

UchihaMadara
June 20, 2008, 09:29 PM
Law's ability is kinda interesting considering he drew his sword before using it. i wonder if his Sword has the power of a devils fruit. His ability seems like he has the ability to swap the place of any 2 objects of similar size. Theres gotta be more to it because it seems way overpowered and as though he could kill just about any opponent instantly and easy.

cachaco99
June 20, 2008, 09:56 PM
LOOOOOOOOL. So just because they know how many are in the crew they include all of them, loooool. Then by all rights they should include every single member of Kidd and Law's crews who have bounties as well, since they have seen Law and Kidd there as well. All you are doing is making assumptions, but its okay we dont know yet and thats what the next chapter is for.

the marine said according to reports not only the strawhat pirates are on the scene. meaning only the people there. which is the strawhats, law, 2 guys and a bear and kid, killer, a creepy guy, and one with their flag symbol on his front, and 2 other guys from kids crew.

strictly speaking as a mangaka i know what im talking about. im not making assumptions. i know what oda-sensei is talking about. unless he says who the 13 are then we wont know for sure. i dont mean to sound like a jerk and if i do then let me say sorry in advance but lets put this to rest. this is only a yes or no answer

now LoS if the answer to all these questions are yes then that means this topic ends.

1-does luffy have a bounty - yes or no
2-does zoro have a bounty - yes or no
3-does sanji have a bounty - yes or no
4-does kid have a bounty - yes or no
5-does law have a bounty - yes or no
6-does killer have a bounty - yes or no
7-does chopper have a bounty - yes or no
8-does franky have a bounty - yes or no
9-does nami have a bounty - yes or no
10-does usopp have a bounty - yes or no
11-does robin have a bounty - yes or no
12-does brook have a bounty - yes or no
13-does rayleigh have a bounty - yes or no

if you answered yes to all (which the answers are yes) then guess what! we have our 13 bounties

now answer these questions

does the bear have a bounty -yes or no if so what is it
does the other no name law crew member have a bounty - yes or no
does the second law crew member have a bounty - yes or no
does the creepy dead looking guy have a bounty - yes or no
does the guy with the kid symbol on his front have a bounty - yes or no
does the other no name kid crew member have a bounty - yes or no
does the second no name kid crew member have a bounty - yes or no

now-if you answered yes to any of these then stat what is their bounty

i dont say things unless im sure or that i have proof. so hopefully this proves my points. PWNED:)

wing_gundam
June 20, 2008, 10:10 PM
^ oh boy...

the bounty issue is probably the least significant thing in the chapter... I think the colour of the trees play a bigger role here than the number of bounties so I don't see why people make such a big fuss.

we know who five are only - the ones over 100M beri.

and we know rayleigh was in no way possibly included because they would have mentioned it. he's the elephant in the room, you can't ignore him. if he was noticed it would have gone along like

"OMG IM SENGOKU WE'RE SCREWED!!! RAYLEIGH IS THERE! OH CRAP!"

If they know Luffy, Kidd and Law by name/sight they certainly know Rayleigh.

Thus its impossible for him to be in the 13 magical bounties that many are obsessed with. Sorry, you're wrong.

i dont say things unless im sure or that i have proof. so hopefully this proves my points. PWNED

Sorry but to miss something so basic and to try and make fun of others over it is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyways since the # bounties are meaningless... lets focus on the more important issues...:) The biggest issue concerning the SH's is who comes with the Kizaru and how strong he/they will be.

JC123
June 20, 2008, 10:10 PM

You forgot Hachan. Who has already ran away from the Marines and has a bounty higher than Chopper.

All I'm saying is that we don't know who the Marines are focusing on and the bounties of some of the crew that are possibly higher than what the list mentions.

In terms of Kizaru, I just wanna know what form of Justice he uses...

Super Angillis
June 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
Sengoku seems visibly annoyed and irritated about the SHs.

Well Hell, look at what the Strawhats have done since entering the grand line. They've beaten two of the Seven Warlords Of the Sea(I am not going to embarress myself trying to spell the proper name) Raided, and trashed, Ennies Lobby, and survived the supposedly unsurviable buster call. And they've gotten away from Garp, one of the tougher guys in the Navy. I doubt that any of the other Supernova's crew have done quite as much. We would have heard mention if say, Kid beat Jinbei. By now it's clear that when he hears the name Strawhat Luffy Sengoku grits his teeth and prepares for bad news.