PDA

View Full Version : First Major Death in One Piece!!

Raysen_ht
June 15, 2008, 05:03 PM
Here is the deal...
We all saw that Oda changed his way of doing things with the TB arc, so im thinking that he might actually kill someone soon, and the recent events made me believe that even more, so here is my theory:

The one who will die would be Reyleigh!!
That because he knows all the secrets of the series!! He can answer preety much anything about everything. Even thought Luffi said he wanted to find it all out on his on, im preety sure Robin would ask all she could about the lost history and the ponigliphs if she has a chance, so im thinking that Reyleigh will not have much time to talk with the SH before the admiral comes, and he will fight him to let the SH escape, but end up dead.
I think that he has to die, because even if the SH are not with him anymore, other people (like Hacchi) would ask him about his trip with Roger, after he is revealed as the King´s 1st mate...

There are other possibilites, like Ace or Whiteberd, but imo is going to be Reyleigh

What do you think??

gfire2
June 15, 2008, 05:30 PM
maybe but dunno, Oda never seems to make ani1 die even if they have been shot 10 million times and shocked with like 10 million volts of electricity.

but i could see ace dying, which would give him motivation to fite blackbeard

bittman
June 15, 2008, 07:25 PM
Whitebeard will die. He's old and shown to be on the equivalent of life support. Oda will have less of a hard time killing off something like that.

Also, you've got Rayleigh saying a lot there, but we already know that the SH are oblivious at unbelievable lengths so saying all that is gonna make them 'aware'. It's a frightening concept I dont think the SH are ready for.

Btw, is Whitebeard or Rayleigh (only a few chapter here and there characters) really a major death? I mean, sure they have a name and a character, but in any other manga they would be considered another dead guy.

And I thought Gin and Spandam died, weren't they major? Why does everyone forget them?

JC123
June 15, 2008, 10:33 PM
Gin hasn't died. Just... disappeared.

Spandam... I put it like this, Waaay back in Alabasta, one of the guards had his back broken. Not only did he survive Nico's Clutch Technique, he also went on to take care of a bomb, and STILL survived.

I doubt that Spandam died. He's just really, really, REALLY hurt and out of commission. Think about it...

As soon as he's better the promotion he wanted is going to be GONE. Isn't that much worse than dying as some type of hero?

bittman
June 15, 2008, 11:01 PM
So it's not that Oda doesn't kill people off, it's that they get denied having been killed off.

I do get the general argument though:
1) Pell living still pisses me off since it looked like a worthy death, but at the same time only an idiot would hold a bomb all the way into the sky when he could fly away.
2) Everyone in the Enel arc lived for some weird reason. I can only put it that Enel got cocky at his own power and fried people rather than completely killing them. The only real shock was Conis' father and the hundred million hits Waipa and Gonryu (God or whatever his name was) took. But I'm going to assume that, just because they are Logia types, doesn't mean their power (or stamina) is infinite and so Enel, in fighting 20 people with names, running a giant ship made of gold, making two giant balls of electricity and a thunderstorm which covered the spance of two large islands may have overexerted himself.

To me, that's the only two points that have ever stuck in my mind. Sky island sticks in everyones of course.

Also, I believe Spandam is dead only because they dedicated a page or two for his bullshit remarks and Robin's clutch. However, I will admit that the cp9 cover arc will probably ruin it somehow. And "waaay back in Alabasta" Pell got clutched. Pell lived a fucking gigantic timebomb / Spandam got a facial reconstruction from a teenage Franky.

JC123
June 18, 2008, 10:52 PM
I have a theory...

Gin was defeated before. He wanted to see Luffy in the new world and would probably make it into the Grand Line by a different route than anyone else. He knew Don Krieg was weak...

He's my thought. What if he was known by another name and made a new image? Even though he could have died by the MP5, he had a helluva lotta willpower to continue. And we know that it's only been about 8-9 months since Baratie occurred.

If my theory hold true, he can be one of two people... The bear with Trafalgar Law.

The other is our Masked Captain. Who looks like a pretty powerful character.

LoS
June 19, 2008, 01:05 AM
I would not be shocked or surprised if Rayleigh or WB died. They have both lived long and full lives, so losing them would not be a problem with me.

bittman
June 19, 2008, 10:21 PM
I have a theory...

Gin was defeated before. He wanted to see Luffy in the new world and would probably make it into the Grand Line by a different route than anyone else. He knew Don Krieg was weak...

He's my thought. What if he was known by another name and made a new image? Even though he could have died by the MP5, he had a helluva lotta willpower to continue. And we know that it's only been about 8-9 months since Baratie occurred.

If my theory hold true, he can be one of two people... The bear with Trafalgar Law.

The other is our Masked Captain. Who looks like a pretty powerful character.

Remember a man named Killer? I like that name and his two handed unusual weaponed fighting style. Reminds me of someone *scratches head sarcastically* If Killer =/= Gin, Gin is dead and we can move on.

jeffhmwong
June 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
Holly crap, huge resemblence. Gin and Killer.

Razh
June 29, 2008, 01:42 PM
So, what makes anyone think that Gin is dead? He looked perfectly fine when we last saw him. Nonsense.

You know, Kid could die. Who knows.

MonkeyD.ODZ
July 03, 2008, 07:39 PM
No one in SH 'll die
WB 'll die but atleast, I believe he'll meet Luffy before. I dont think Ace 'll die. Maybe WB 'll rescue him although he has to fight with Shichibukai.
Rayleigh? he'll alive.

Rainbow Star
November 28, 2008, 10:15 AM
I know WB is old, but is there seriously this much belief? So many thought ussop would land on Sniper Island, but he didn't. Point is we won't know just yet, and if I had to take my own guess I'd say Whitebeard might either get Ace back and thank Strwhat, sharing conversation with him, or he'll die in glory, Ace might take charge(although it seems unlikely), and Luffy will be really pissed and attempt to avenge WB's death.

JC123
December 02, 2008, 11:16 PM
Somehow, I don't think WB will stop until he's destroyed the WG or the Marines for even THINKING that they could take out one of his sons.

It's either him or them at this point...

BlackHair
December 03, 2008, 07:22 AM
IF there is no reappearance for Bellamy and his vice 'till the end of OP, then those 2 could be considered dead. Apart from them, Oda never killed anyone in the current timeline, just in recaps.

Don't know why Im writing this, is already obvious and known by everyone.. xD

toxun
December 04, 2008, 11:55 AM
After I read whole post I'm getting confused. Didn't we saw a war in Alabasta? Did you think that war happened there didn't bring any casualties aside from injured? About people that really die, did you see what happened to Four Alabastan's Elite Guard?

Akainu
December 04, 2008, 12:05 PM
and I thought all the time that "major death" means a character dieing that is not introduced in about the same pannel he/she/it then dies :eyeroll

toxun
December 04, 2008, 10:23 PM
and I thought all the time that "major death" means a character dieing that is not introduced in about the same pannel he/she/it then dies :eyeroll

If that's the case, what about Shura & Ohm, the Priests of Skypiea? Although a bit vague, I don't think they still alive, Shandians wouldn't spare them, (Gendatsu is alive as seen in cover page, owner of bathhouse on Grandline :p)

Gecko Moria
December 06, 2008, 05:15 AM
Whitebeard is gonna take out tons of marines and then he ll get gangbashed by some shichibukai or admirals and get pwned, officially ending the old era.

ofir271
January 04, 2009, 01:31 PM
dont think anyone will be shown dead - its just not odas thing.
even roger who was sure to be dead is now half alive.
i guess all the low rank marins and the ohara residents having a party in a higher sky island.