PDA

View Full Version : Favorites What's Your Favorite Bankai/Shikai?

Gold Knight
January 24, 2006, 10:58 PM
Ban Kais - the second release of the Soul Slayer, the manifestation and suppression of the soul of the sword into an unbelievably powerful technique.

For myself, I gotta admit nothing still quite beats Byakuya's Senbonzakura Kageyoshi for full dramatic effect. Though it's just a ten-times over version of the original shi kai version, I can't imagine any other ban kai being quite as powerful. Even Ichigo's Ten Sa Zan Getsu had trouble against it.

That's the ban kai I'd definitely want. Though I'm wondering what Gin's ban kai would be like...

Meijin no Kori
January 24, 2006, 11:13 PM
For me, it would be a toss up between Hitsugaya's and Ikkaku's.
I just like how both and them look and I like the name of Ikkaku's Ban-Kai too. :amuse

Edit: Actually, Renji's Ban-Kai is in a tie for second, along with Ikkaku's.

So, MnK, you like... Ikkaku's?

[color=blue][i]Sorry, couldn't resist. XD - GK

TeamNaruto
January 24, 2006, 11:21 PM
Definately Byakuya's bankai, just for the sheer power and the number of options he has with it. Renji's bankai comes in second just because I like the look of his bankai, now that is a baboon king!

lexiefaye
January 24, 2006, 11:29 PM
I agree ... Senbon Zakura of Kuchiki Byakuya ...the first time I saw that row of swords I literally gasped.

I'm still waiting for Suzumebachi of Soi Fong to obtain bankai cuz that will be awesome.

ryderdm3
January 25, 2006, 12:48 AM
I guess Byakuya's is the best one we've seen so far, atleast in my opinion. Mostly because it had so many different moves and purposes. He could defend and attack with it.

That said my favorite is still Hitsugaya's. Even though we haven't seen much of it. I think as he progresses in the story, he'll develop it much more and make it better. Eventually it will be a very good bankai.

I really can't wait to see other characters' bankais. We've only seen a few and most of them have been great.

Leen
January 25, 2006, 02:34 PM
nii sama again. As usual, we are all struck by the awesomeness of nii sama. XD Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. It's just a brilliant bankai considering how it functions.

Hitsugaya's bankai is superbly awesome too from it's look. I like the ice dragon and so on. Perhaps in another 100 to 200 years, when he grows up, he might beat Yamamoto too since we all know that ice > fire.

Another great bankai will be Aizen's. He makes Hitsugaya's bankai looks like a kid.

Dragonzair
January 26, 2006, 09:37 AM
Byakuya's is cool.

But there's something that makes me stare at Rukia's Ban Kai. That is like @__@ to look at. Honestly. It's the most attractive Ban Kai I've ever seen.

Oh and Ikkaku's beats Byakuya's hands down. XD

Miso
February 12, 2006, 09:54 PM
From those we've seen so far Byukuga's is definitely the best. It's really beautiful but yet powerful in attack and defense. Great one.
To be honest: Ichigo's bankai doesn't impress me much so far. Up till ch 210 it was only speed so it wasn't that remarkable. But Getsuga Tenshou was quite remarkable. I really want to see what this technique is worth. Perhaps it will change my opinion of this bankai.

Have we really seen Rukia's bankai? What we see in chapter 201(p 16-18) is her released Zanpakutou Sodeno Shirayuki with her technique Tsukishiro. It's not her bankai I believe.

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 10:18 PM
^
Miso's got a point ^^ It's most likely her shikai.

sagnik
February 13, 2006, 07:05 AM
Just wait for Ichigo. Once he masters the hollow within himself, his bankai will be awesome. He will be invincible. Experienced Byukuga lost to an ameteur Ichigo. He should be no match against an experienced Ichigo.

tmh
February 16, 2006, 08:47 PM
Hi, im new... registered simply to reply to this forum post i stumbled upon whilst searching for scanlations..  haha i couldnt resist

In my opinion, the coolest/best BanKai would have to be Madarame Ikkaku's.  What an awsome and devastating bankai..  Looks amazing.

If you recall, Ikkaku himself must have ALSO been restrained to 20% of his power while in the real world, making his bankai at 100% power, absolutely devastating.

i've spoilertagged this one, because it refers to something after the return from soul society - K

Galth
February 16, 2006, 08:56 PM
If you recall, Ikkaku himself must have ALSO been restrained to 20% of his power while in the real world, making his bankai at 100% power, absolutely devastating.

Note that the restriction is only bestowed on captains and vice-captains. ikkaku is only a third seat officer as of now, so he was not restricted in reiatsu usage... you're right though! his ban kai rocks!

Dragonzair
February 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
Whups. I tottaly forgot that was just her ShiKsi. >.< Ah well. If she had a BanKai, it'd probably be jsut as attractive XD

jabbament
February 18, 2006, 01:05 AM
And yeah, Rukia does not have a Ban Kai. She isn't even a seated officer in her squad, and if she had a Ban Kai, I don't think even Byakuya's intervention could prevent her from advancing in rank. Her Shi Kai is quite nice though, and her Zanpaktou is damned nice.

Personally, I like Hitsugaya's Ban Kai, since I've always had a thing for Ice Dragons, and I personally think fusion type Bankai's are the best (as opposed to materalization types - like Kurotsuchi or Komamura).

The one Ban Kai I really want to see is Urahara. Benihime is too great a name to not know the Ban Kai.

Yachiru
February 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
I like Hitsugaya and Byakuya's bankais. I love Ikkaku's bankai as well!

ashr
February 22, 2006, 02:33 PM
hi. i'd agree with byakuya's bankai being the coolest but the bankai i really wanna see is GIN'S! i also think tousen's bankai is really cool. i can't think of how anyone other than kenpachi would be able to counter that thing. only kenpachi would be insane enough to purposely take hits from a captain level shinigami :D

Gold Knight
February 23, 2006, 07:40 PM
^ Tousen's bankai was pretty clever, yeah. The final form of Suzumushi, Enmakoorogi.

I guess the thing is - it's cheap as hell, and almost cowardly. It's an assassin-like ban kai, the kind of move that lets you backstab somebody without giving them a chance to defend themselves. I guess I don't have much respect for it because of that.

Yachiru
February 26, 2006, 10:06 PM
^ That's exactly what I thought when I first saw Tousen's bankai. I was thinking "How can Kenpachi win when he can't even see? That's cheap!". Good thing Kenpachi won though!

I was watching the Byakuya vs. Renji fight earlier and I forgot how much I liked Renji's bankai, so I want to add that to my list. With some practice, it can become really powerful, even if it is a bit slow.

Gold Knight
February 26, 2006, 11:32 PM
I wonder if Renji will truly need ten years to work with his ban kai, like Byakuya suggested. I think he'll probably show improved mastery of it soon enough.

andhraandroid
March 11, 2006, 01:05 AM
I ediited this post . Thanx for the info on how to post spoilers.

You know who id really like to see get a bankai kenpachi. The freak beats 2 captains and he doesnt even know his soul slayers name. I know its half-released or something coz of his immense spirit force(somewhat like Ichigos) but they should definitely give him a banka. Also urahara and yoroichi Im guessing she has a soulslayer coz she was a shinigami. However you seem to forget Genryousai At shikai the flames were exhorbitant i wonder what his bankai maight be. And im sorry but i dont know how to do that spoiler thing where u click and it displays the spoiler so ill just shout out the next sentence is a spoiler. I want to see kurosaki isshins(ichigos dad) bankai .

graphic_content
March 11, 2006, 01:29 AM
i actually dont know how to do the spoiler thing either...so if someone could explain that would be great...thanks...

...the only reason i dont cast a vote for Byakuya's Bankai...is that is reminds me too much of Gaara's Sand...a  "do anything at all kinda power"...that just seems a little too unfair...but i definetly wanna see him fight some Arankals...now thats gonna be something...

...i wanna see Urahara's Bankai...the thing is...you know this guys is unbelievably strong...but hes the kinda person...that only shows it when absolutely neccessary...so it may take some time...(sighs)...

AND...as far as i know...Kenpachi hasnt achieved Bankai...let alone even knowing the name of his Soul Slayer...i believe they mentioned in the past that he is the only captain in history to achieve that rank without having met the proper requirements...due to his extremely powerful spirit force and desire to do battle...

Galth
March 11, 2006, 11:29 AM
text here

OR

text here

The Boff
March 12, 2006, 10:37 PM
favourite bankai so far is definitely Ichigos... at that time I was only watching the anime and when the dude starts
to whip it out... chills all over the body. and then, its not some huge monster thing. its just a katana.. a black one,
thats cool.
but I would love to se Uraharas, his just got to kick ass

my least favourite is without a doubt mayuris.. I mean come on. It was a huge caterpillar... with knives in the front...
and it was poisonus.... lame
(hey post 50 I rule!!!)

Galth
March 12, 2006, 10:38 PM
i know i'm gonna love whatever Anti-Ichigo's BanKai will look like, even if it's just the Ichigo BanKai...

The Boff
March 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
Khaludh
but dont you that would look the same? theyre using the same zanpakto. only difference is that anti's is white.

graphic_content
March 13, 2006, 10:10 PM
be that as it may, same sword yes, but drastically different fighting styles...and THAT, im really looking forward to

Orochimaru-chan
March 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
^ah, anti-Ichigo uses it better, hes a more creative/imaginative fighter than Ichigo and could probably bringout Zangetsu's full potential.

Favourite Bankai: Byakuya's...

nicnocquee
March 30, 2006, 06:02 AM
i like ichigo's bankai the most,simple but cool!!! :) but too bad, ichigo is too stupid to use it.... :mad

ILUVATAR
April 02, 2006, 06:59 PM
hmmm let's see... i must say that Ichigo had a pretty cool Ban-Kai with that Black katana and the robe thing (his clothes were pretty cool don't you think?)
BUT i have to say that Rukia has a lame and nasty released form of her Soul Slayer and i defenetly want to see her Ban-Kai.
damn i'm pissed i have to choose Ichigos' Ban-Kai :notrust

choucha0308
April 02, 2006, 07:26 PM
My favorite ban kai is Unohana's (4th div. Captain)

I'm not sure it's her bankai or her shikai but all the other shikai trasform the katana in a specific sword so if that's true, the healing monster can't be a shikai.

But I'm sure the monster is cool : you can fly with it :)

the bankai I want to see is Yachiru's (such a cute kid with such an evil spirit power ! Ask to the messenger during ichigo/kenpachi fight...)

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/6554/unohanabankai7xc.jpg

eQuek
April 08, 2006, 08:31 PM
My fav bankai would be anti-ichigos. The only thing ichigo does with his is to run around fast and shoot some stuff :smile-big
Anti-Ichigo (we really need another name for him :) ) on the other hand is much more creative and would probaply be able to use the bankai to its full potential
but now that ichigo is able to do his hollow transform shouldn't he also be able to do everything A-I can? Or will he stay as dumb as he is now? :P

Arsonist
April 08, 2006, 08:39 PM
Ikkaku's bankai was pretty cool. Totally oversized for someone with his stature. Brutal.

Arsonist
April 09, 2006, 09:37 AM
Then maybe you can tell me how I do that?

destinator
April 09, 2006, 09:59 AM
Well Byakuya's bankai is really the best, love it :)

arell
April 09, 2006, 10:36 AM
I like Hitsugaya's Daiguren Hyourin Maru. It's cool (literally :p) and beautiful. Or perhaps I have always like ice and snow and cold things like that. :D[br][br]Posted at: April 09, 2006, 08:30:09 AM_________________________________________________

Anti-Ichigo (we really need another name for him :) )

*Digress from the main topic for a little*

There have been unofficial names for that. Wichigo (Wicked Ichigo), Hichigo (Hollow Ichigo) and my personal favourite: Shirosaki. :D[br]Posted at: April 09, 2006, 08:31:58 AM_________________________________________________

But there's something that makes me stare at Rukia's Ban Kai. That is like @__@ to look at. Honestly. It's the most attractive Ban Kai I've ever seen.

Oh and Ikkaku's beats Byakuya's hands down. XD

Er,

I presumed you are talking about Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki right? It's her shikai, not bankai. If she has a bankai, she'd be a captain-level Shinigami already. Besides,Pyon said Rukia has capabilities suited for a seated officer, not captain-level. :)

rodnylee
April 13, 2006, 12:06 AM
quick question, does ne1 know where to get a complete list of bankai's? i kno bleach7 has one, but are there any others? thanks

Obito
April 16, 2006, 10:23 AM
quick question, does ne1 know where to get a complete list of bankai's? i kno bleach7 has one, but are there any others? thanks

Wikipedia has a list of Zanpakutō by character which says the bankai's of the characters that have achieved it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankai#Zanpakut.C5.8D_by_character.

My favourite Bankai would be Ichigo's if he can just develop it into making good attacks and Byakuya's because its incredibly powerful.

Lissa
April 16, 2006, 10:46 AM
Byakuya's bankai is still the best

Risado
April 19, 2006, 06:09 PM
I'm surprised no-ones said Hitsugaya's Bankai. Dai Guren Hyorinmaru is so cool.
After that, I would say Byakuya's Bankai, then Ichigo's Bankai.

thatbabo
May 12, 2006, 05:21 PM
Even though we haven't seen them yet, I already know my favorite is either going to be Isshin's, Kenpachi's, Aizen's...or Keigo's...even possibly Hanatarou's...:whoo

Spoiler tagged, just in case ;) ~ Ayah

phatlee
May 28, 2006, 11:56 AM
1- Byakuya
2 - hitsugaya (even if it doesn t look complete at all)
3 - tousen

Adam_xx
June 08, 2006, 10:25 AM
Based on look's
Byakuya's and Ikkaku's BanKai...

But based on "awsomeness" xP
Ichigo's BanKai

Divine
June 08, 2006, 03:36 PM
Based on "looks", I say
Hitsugaya's bankai (beautiful dragon and cool blue ice everywhere)

ruby_06
June 08, 2006, 03:46 PM
I would also say Hitsugaya and then byakuya

cap14
June 16, 2006, 05:51 PM
Byakuya at the mo but ... hold your breaths peeps because it looks like Benihime is about to sing! The Ban kai I'm most looking forward to seeing though is Kenpachi's (assuming he ever attains one).

p.s. Wasn't all that impressed by Hitsugaya's.

Apocolyte
June 21, 2006, 11:21 AM
Bankais hmmm

all probs go for

:notrust RENJI'S :notrust

Just because of the power it releases plus its head looks cool

LightReaper
July 04, 2006, 08:02 AM
Ikkaku's, Sword-Chucks yo!

Risado
July 12, 2006, 06:27 AM
I'm surprised no-ones said Hitsugaya's Bankai. Dai Guren Hyorinmaru is so cool.
After that, I would say Byakuya's Bankai, then Ichigo's Bankai.

Changed my mind, somewhat.

Hitsugaya kicked ass in 234! Dai Guren Hyorinmaru for the win! :TO

Then it would have to be Ichigo's bankai.
Especially now that he can control his hollow and transform. He was owning Grimmjow for those 11 seconds.
Ichigo still needs more experience with it though.

I really wanna see Uraharas. His powers are similar to Ichigo's, but much more advanced. AND KENPACHI! His bankai could be the strongest of them all. Rukia's would be cool too.

ILUVATAR
July 12, 2006, 02:05 PM
how about Ichigo's father Ban Kai huh? :eyeroll :jk I'd LOOOOOVE to see it..... :spaz

Killmnky7
July 14, 2006, 02:55 PM
In order from worst to best it would be:

8.Tousen's
7.Sajin's (bastard wolf/fox)
6.Mayuri's
5.Renji's
4.Ichigo's
3.Byakuya's
2.Ikkaku's
1.Hitsugaya's
I'd rreally like to see everyone elses though.

topgun_9000
July 17, 2006, 12:24 AM
oh my my my bankaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss

ok here goes.........

me love these bankais...

1 hitsugaya
1. Byakuya
3. ichigos
4. renjiiiii

umm hmmm the rest are ok...

yes yes yes byakuya and hitssugaya are tied :-p
heheh i love em both...

but hey when does ikaku do bankai ? and whos sajin ?

strider123
July 17, 2006, 06:28 AM
Ikkaku`s bankai is shown in chapter 205 if i remember correcctly
and sajin is the fox-head guy :D
fav bankai hmm.... i guess byakuya`s but i yurn to see Urahara`s :D

sengpoi
July 21, 2006, 01:20 AM
i would say Kenpachi's bankai would be best in the soul society

rennokun
July 27, 2006, 12:37 AM
Byakuya's still no1 bankai

Tr14d
July 30, 2006, 08:12 AM
I think the will be coolest will probably uruharas

his shikai kicks ass and he seriously owned yami when they were fughting

chaoshawke
August 02, 2006, 05:13 PM
I think the will be coolest will probably uruharas

his shikai kicks ass and he seriously owned yami when they were fughting

so true, i wanna c that ban kai so badly ^^

but i dunno i havnt seen all but atm i would say byakuya (sp?) ban kai is way cool

also like ichigo's

WarmIce
August 03, 2006, 04:32 AM
Tousen and Hitsugaya. There's something strategic about their Bankai, which I like. Importantly, they look better than the rest :P (I love it when Tousen shoots those rings)

That doesn't mean I don't like the other Bankai as well, but some are way too cheap, such as Mayuri and Byakuya. Mayuri Bankai splurts insta-numb poison in a large area which spells death if you have no antidote, while Byakuya's is like really confusing since it has 2 or 3 forms, which all look real pretty but I don't know what they do. About Ichigo's, um well, hard to say, but it's no different from his Shikai form except he got a constume change and his sword became smaller. So he also became faster, which I think absolutely doesn't make sense since releasing your Bankai only ups your reiatsu and not your speed.

Arukan
August 03, 2006, 09:40 AM
Hmm....Personally I want to see Aizen's bankai T_T

Anyway I'm not so much into Senbonzakura as alot of others are. Thats probably because of my extreme dislike for Byakuya.

I'm a fan of Ichigo's bankai, as well as Renji's. I guess a close third would be the bankai of a certain bald headed dude

I'm a fan of Ichigo's bankai for a number of reasons, one is that its the antithesis to the "bankais are big" rule. Two is that his speed almost quadrupled, and the third reason is that it has two special attacks, but only when Ichigo is consumed by the hollow inside of him can he use the second. >.>

walkie
August 06, 2006, 04:17 AM
i think urahara's bankai will be my favourite because he called his bankai "she" :D

but for now the most i like is byakuga's...(and in first form, renji's)

Silhouette
April 16, 2007, 06:41 PM
Ichigo's bankai. It's power looks unlimited but the fact that Ichigo acquired it relatively recently and hasn't mastered it yet is why we haven't seen it's awesomeness. Sure Ikkaku's bankai looks awesome but Ikkaku cut an arrancar with great difficulty while Zangetsu sent an espada's arm flying away so easily just shows the difference in power.
With Ichigo's reiatsu and Zangetsu's amplifying ability, Ichigo's bankai has no limit to it's power....Ichigo just needs to train and learn more about his bankai to come up with more moves.

Konkun
April 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
The Dual Slayer Bankai must kick ass....until I see all the releases, I will go with Ichigos Bankai

ran0001
April 17, 2007, 03:33 AM
Byakuya's is like really confusing since it has 2 or 3 forms, which all look real pretty but I don't know what they do..

Senbonzakura Kageyoshi- You can consider it a bigger version of his shikai

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi-Compresses Senbonzakura's blades into four rows of swords around Byakuya and his opponent. Abandoning defense and focusing entire on offense.

Hakuteiken- Compresses every blade to a single sword. This causes him to have wings made of spirit power. Since the blade are compressed into a single sword, it achieves the highest level of offense that his bankai can achieve the same way Ichigo's bankai compresses his power into a smaller form.

Favorite Bankai: Daiguren Hyourinmaru

juUnior
April 17, 2007, 03:59 AM
The best bankai to me, would be Senbonzakura Kageyoshi of Kuchiki Byakuya. For me the most beatfful and deadly bankai ever seen so far in Bleach ^^

Next would be Tensa Zangetsu, just because it looks so small and gives superb speed. If only Ichigo mastered his bankai ..

The third would be bankai of Ikkaku ^^ I really like how he fight with him, and it really fits him well. That pose which hi did after saying bankai and realsing it, it was fantastic, in manga and in anime ^^

Bankai, which I would like to see the most? hmm there are lots, Aizens, Gins, Yamamoto, and so on, but Urahara's bankai is the first which I would like to see ehh xD

hmalik1003
April 20, 2007, 07:24 AM
i wood definately say Ikkaku's bankai. I love his personality and his craziness and i love that his bankai is just raw power. I wood have loved.....LOVED to see how his bankai would have acted if he just had his limit removed....y did he have to win so early???

Pollux
April 20, 2007, 07:44 AM
i wood definately say Ikkaku's bankai. I love his personality and his craziness and i love that his bankai is just raw power. I wood have loved.....LOVED to see how his bankai would have acted if he just had his limit removed....y did he have to win so early???

I completely agree with you on Ikkaku's personality and his bankai but if I remember correctly, Ikkaku was using his full power as the limit only affects VC and captains. Anyway, Ikkaku's bankai is the coolest.

2ndKurono
April 20, 2007, 04:16 PM
my fav is Ichigos and Renjis,Byakuyas is nice to , but Ichigos bankai is definantly a bankai no one expected , everyone thought its going to be big , but it was small.....

Renjis Baboon King was awesome to.....

dr_ndr
April 21, 2007, 03:26 AM
my favorite soul slayer is zangetsu and the man inside it.

and tensa zangetsu is my favorite which makes ichigo dress like him:D

its great in speed=>

when ichigo fought byakuya circling around him and said "too fast for you? do you know i can go even faster?" i really like that scene:D

my second fav is hyourinmaru. thats definitely because its a dragon:D
i love dragons. my fav pokemon was charizard:D

and hitsugaya's bankai makes him look like a dragon, he can fly around with it and with ice moves he is really awesome...

Dark soul within
April 26, 2007, 05:09 AM
My fave bankai is ikkaku's Ryūmon Hōzukimaru - it's just awesome & the fact that it just gives him sheer power!

My second favourite is a toss up between Tensa Zangetsu and Hitsugaya's bankai.

And I REALLY want to see Urahara's bankai

Evil Mind
April 26, 2007, 03:14 PM
IMHO Ichigo's is my favorite, He'll kick your butt and look cool doing it.

But we haven't seen the bankai of some of the more interesting characters...

Davox
April 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
I think that Ikkaku's ban kai is very appealing, though it takes some time to fully power up i still like the extremely over-sized weapons and it was great the way he defeated that arrancar

suzumebachi
May 03, 2007, 09:07 PM
right now...Byakuya's Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
but i gotta see soi fong's before i say byakuya's the best

woody_green
May 15, 2007, 09:22 PM
Mine would be Tensa Zangetsu. It simply has so much potential. If Ichigo manages to gain total control of Mr. Hollow, then he would be really powerful. I'm dying to see Urahara's bankai!!

Richo
May 17, 2007, 11:58 AM
Mine would be Tensa Zangetsu. It simply has so much potential. If Ichigo manages to gain total control of Mr. Hollow, then he would be really powerful. I'm dying to see Urahara's bankai!!

ichigo did already achieved controling his hollow yesterday in the anime and a couple of months ago in the manga....
however the suit of tensa zangetsu is awesome and the sword and it being my favorite as ichigo his reiatsu color is black with blue around it (in his normal bankai form) so its my favorite although the chain on the sword could use some work like with the rope on his shikai:)

2ndKurono
May 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
i think Ichigos dads bankai will rock.Ikkakus bankai is cool to the way he killed the arancar was awesome.

Eddy01741
June 08, 2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it's an old thread, but you don't want me to create a new pointless thread, do you? And theres an index for a reason I reckon.

Well, we've only seen eight bankais if i counted correctly. So, I'll go through them all and a quick summary of my thoughts on each.

Renji Abarai: Hmm, seems like just a bigger version of his shikai, much, much bigger. But basicaly, it's pieces of a snake/baboon thing connected in a chain by reiatsu, and like his shikai, each of the pieces are also sharp. The only difference I see, is thathe can use the Baboon cannon thingy (sorry, forgetting the name), which just fires off a cero like projectile out of the mouth of the baboon/snake. So overall, it seems like just an upgrade of his shikai, which I didn't find that interesting to begin with.

Byakuya Kuchiki: Well, his initial form of his bankai is just an upgrade of senbonzakura, just a lot more blades, so it can become an omnidirectional attack,a nd provide defense for Byakuya, which is already very powerful in its own right. In the second form, it makes rows of zanpakutos composed of the pink blades of senbonzakura kageyoshi, which surround byakuya nad his opponent, and somehow make him more powerful offensively (doesn't make much sense to me, but that's what it is), and he can call on any of the zanpakutos to immobilize the opponent while fighting ( by stabbing htem in the foot or something similar). His final form compresses all the blades of senbonzakura kageyoshi into one zanpakuto, giving him incredible power, but not much else. So overall, it's awesome in that, his shikai was already awesome (it absolutely humiliates/ruins opponents that arn't worthy), and his bankai is an upgrade of it, and that it has two other forms as well.

Sajin Komamura: Well, we didn't see much of this bankai, but it looks like an all power bankai. it just makes Sajin command this huge warrior (with huge power probably). Can't say much more about it.

Kaname Tosen: Yeah, it's cool that his bankai makes a tent and basically disables all of the opponents senses besides the sense of touch. However, it's cheap as hell in that it makes the opponent a sitting duck, and it also has one awful flaw. If the opponent can get a hold of kaname, and hterefore his zanpakuto, then the zanpakuto has no effect. Overall, it's okay, but it's sorta a cheapshot bankai. It's similar to how lameass Aizen's shikai is (oh yeah, absolute hypnosis, powerful, but just absolutely lame).

Toushirou Hitsugaya: Well, the ice dragon looks really cool, and freezes its opponents (basically, automatically killing the weaker ones), but, it simply ain't that strong. Also, it lets the opponent see how much longer Toushirou can keep up bankai with the "flowers". Anyways, he had trouble defeating a non-espada level arrancar (he even admitted it), and fought equal against Gin's shikai with his bankai. So i don't see it as that powerful, but it does look good indeed.

Ikkaku Madarame: Well, his bankai is all power, it just makes him more powerful, not any faster at all. But it looks badass (blades chained to his hands, some big ass blade attached to him)Well, it can (barely) defeat an adjuchas level arrancar (non-espada) in released form, so i'd group it close to Toushirou's bankai, maybe a lil weaker.

Mayuri Kurotsuchi: If it wasn't a caterpillar (no offense, but those don't look so appealing to me), this would be awesome. It breathes lethal poison, the thing is just huge in general, etc. However, we also havn't seen much with this bankai, he used it briefly against Ishida, but was defeated when Ishida went all out, and he used it briefly against the 9th espada, but didn't kill him with it.

Ichigo Kurosaki: Well, his clothes are cool, and now his blade looks badass (finally a zanpakuto that isn't nearly as tall as he is). Anyhow, this is a big speed boost, and a small power boost i would assume ( a big power boost for GT though). Although lately it doesn't seem quite as potent as it did when he first released it against Byakuya (what happened to the super speed). It is quite impressive, basically, it make him super fast (with his newly learned shunpo), and he can move his sword super fast (blocking an omni directional attack by byakuya easily). It has shown to increase his power, as with this final strike against byakuya, and his Black GT is a lot more powerful. It's actually controllable, and it is sustained (so he can keep it going for a while) as demonstrated when he thrusts Ulquioora with the black GT in their fight. However, it is sorta lame in that his sword, although it does look good, is just a sword..... not some huge baboon/snake, or thousands of tiny blades, or a huge tent, etc. So this is a substance over style bankai, but i still like it.

In the end, I'd say either Ichigo or Byakuya's bankai is the best. I'd take Ichigo's simply because i hate BYakuya's personality.

gfire2
June 08, 2008, 09:44 PM
i personalli love tousens bankai, if its the first time u see it, i mite be ur last

saddly it is underestimated now since kenpachi defeated it with ease

Anime Head 101
June 09, 2008, 11:08 PM
Ichigo's bankai is my favorite the only thing wrong with it is he doesn't have Zangetsu's shades.

EvolutionIX
June 10, 2008, 02:44 AM
Ichigo's bankai is overrated i think. At first, Byakuya couldnt beat it because he was surprised? But now, his bankai isnt fast enough for the arrancar and he is getting his ass wooped.

My favourite bankai is ikkaku's. Love its name and sheer brute force compared to his shikai.

Kaim
June 10, 2008, 10:11 AM
Kaname Tosen: Yeah, it's cool that his bankai makes a tent and basically disables all of the opponents senses besides the sense of touch. However, it's cheap as hell in that it makes the opponent a sitting duck, and it also has one awful flaw. If the opponent can get a hold of kaname, and hterefore his zanpakuto, then the zanpakuto has no effect. Overall, it's okay, but it's sorta a cheapshot bankai. It's similar to how lameass Aizen's shikai is (oh yeah, absolute hypnosis, powerful, but just absolutely lame).

Totally agree with you there.

My favorite bankai is Ichigo's Tensa Zangetsu, mostly because the zanpakuto looks awesome. Too bad it isn't as effective as it was in the fight against Byakuya. The moment he "dissapears" and has the tip of the blade on Byakuyas throat was so cool.

On second place is Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. The reason is that it looks good, is powerful and that Byakuya is one of my favorite characters.

Raizen
June 10, 2008, 11:37 AM
Toushirou Hitsugaya: Well, the ice dragon looks really cool, and freezes its opponents (basically, automatically killing the weaker ones), but, it simply ain't that strong. Also, it lets the opponent see how much longer Toushirou can keep up bankai with the "flowers". Anyways, he had trouble defeating a non-espada level arrancar (he even admitted it), and fought equal against Gin's shikai with his bankai. So i don't see it as that powerful, but it does look good indeed.

I just wanted to point out that they were both using shikai, and hitsugaya was starting to get the upper hand. As for him being weak, while he only fought the arrancar at 20%, he should have annihilated him but b/c he was young and does not have as much exp as the other captains, he had trouble. But once he perfects his bankai he will be a force to be reckoned with.

As for bankai, I like Byakuya, Ichigo's, and Hitsugaya. But Byakuya the most b/c I love his attitude and calm demeanor. Plus the form with thousands of blades could all be fired at once but b/c he was prideful he didn't use it against ichigo or ichigo would havve died. Overall, BANKAI ZENBONZAKURA KAGEYOSHI :amuse

Eddy01741
June 11, 2008, 09:38 PM
I just wanted to point out that they were both using shikai, and hitsugaya was starting to get the upper hand. As for him being weak, while he only fought the arrancar at 20%, he should have annihilated him but b/c he was young and does not have as much exp as the other captains, he had trouble. But once he perfects his bankai he will be a force to be reckoned with.

As for bankai, I like Byakuya, Ichigo's, and Hitsugaya. But Byakuya the most b/c I love his attitude and calm demeanor. Plus the form with thousands of blades could all be fired at once but b/c he was prideful he didn't use it against ichigo or ichigo would havve died. Overall, BANKAI ZENBONZAKURA KAGEYOSHI :amuse
Oh, yeah, my bad, but still, hitsugaya diefinitely didn't have the upper hand against gin. He was gaining the upper hand on gin when gin wasn't in shikai (or didn't use the ability that he has in his shikai), once hitsugaya froze gin's arm, gin turned the tables on hitsugaya.

Anyways, same with the thing with the arrancar (sheesh, must be having amnesia or something), it was Renji that said that he had trouble defeating his opponent even with full power (well, he stated that if his full power didn't catch his opponent by surprise, he might not have won). But still, if some of the other captains (like kenpachi, kurotsuchi, and byakuya) could easily kill some of hte weaker espadas with bankai (or in the case of kenpachi, using kendo), then hitsugaya's bankai (or just his full power) doesn't seem all that great.

But I do agree that he has a lot of potential, he looks like an 11 year old (even though age goes by a lot slower in the SS), so he has lots of time to refine his abilities.

igotthegoods
June 12, 2008, 12:39 AM
it's a toss-up for me between byakuya's and ikkaku's. both look awesome, but in totally different ways. byakuya's, while highly destructive, just seems so delicate and beautiful. ikkaku's, on the other hand, is all about raw, animalistic power. i love them both <3

well, those are my favorites for now anyway. i'll probably change my mind once i finally see urahara's :love (you'd better not let me down with this one, kubo :shakefist)

khar2
June 19, 2008, 05:58 AM
byakuya all the way, powerful, yet beautiful, prideful, yet elegant,
simply noble bankai

hitsugaya has one awsome bankai, but i was stunned by yamato that was some fire:)

black_burn
June 19, 2008, 06:47 AM
I'd have to say mine is Hitsugaya Toshiro and his Daiguren Hyourinmaru.

tidal_alchemist87
June 19, 2008, 10:33 AM
Hmm...is it possible to set up a poll or has that been done before?? Anyways my favs are Byakuya's and....Renji's! I think if he (Renji) really worked on it it could really be useful cause he could use it both offensively and defensively.

I think that there would be too many bankai for a poll, but I can put one up if enough people think it is a good idea.

Windmillblade
June 19, 2008, 11:22 AM
hyorinmaru .it the best

khar2
June 20, 2008, 06:44 AM
POOL would be okay, i would definitely pick byakuya

Starzen
June 21, 2008, 01:45 PM
ichigos one because it looks cool and its the most practical.

AngryChubbs
June 21, 2008, 02:29 PM
i think there should be a poll...i vote for ikkaku's, his was pretty cool...but its just raw power.

for most useful bankai, i would prolly say byakuya because his can do soo much, its short range, long range, middle range, defensive and offensive at the same time, and has incredible power when necessary. talk about covering all your bases

kkck
June 21, 2008, 04:14 PM
I like ichigo's, hitsugaya's and ikkaku's bankai the best. Ichigo's bankai is very versatile and vastly increases his speed, which in my opinion is one of the most important things in a battle. hitsugayas bankai is also really cool because it is extremely hard to break since it uses all water in the atmosphere and has extraordinary defensive and ofensive abiliyies. Personaly I think toshiro's bankai is the on that best balances offence and defence considering in creates an ice armor for defence and can use all water in the air to attack an reform his bankai.

Tsukisama
June 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
Enjoy the new poll. :hbunny If I forgot any, just let me know.

I personally would want to wait until I see the bankai of the people I know will have their bankai shown like Unohana, Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake, Aizen, Gin, Soi Fon, and Urahara.

juUnior
June 23, 2008, 04:17 AM
I personally would want to wait until I see the bankai of the people I know will have their bankai shown like Unohana, Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake, Aizen, Gin, Soi Fon, and Urahara.
True, true, but I think it's rather good that ou created poll from what we know right now :D

My vote goes like before I said in this thread: Senbonsakura Kageyoshi - Kuchiki Byakuya's bankai :wtf

The Adamant Dragon
June 23, 2008, 06:29 AM
For Me the Best Bankais Are the one I have yet to See. And There's a reason why kudo haven't showed those caracter's Bankai. Because they're Badass ( I Hope so ). Like Uharara, Shinji, Captain Shunsui And His Friend. And Ichigo's Dad Too. So I Go For Other

Tsukisama
June 23, 2008, 08:14 PM
For Me the Best Bankais Are the one I have yet to See. And There's a reason why kudo haven't showed those caracter's Bankai. Because they're Badass ( I Hope so ). Like Uharara, Shinji, Captain Shunsui And His Friend. And Ichigo's Dad Too. So I Go For Other

This poll and thread is for discussion of bankai that have already been seen. So, for future reference, either pick the bankai you like best from those already revealed, or you can do like me and just wait to cast your vote until more bankai are shown. :hbunny As new bankai are revealed, I will add the shinigami's name to the poll; so, you don't need to choose other really.

Other I suppose would be for non-canon characters like if any were shown in the anime (I won't add them to this poll).

tidal_alchemist87
June 24, 2008, 12:31 AM
Enjoy the new poll. :hbunny If I forgot any, just let me know.

hey cool u actually decided to follow up on my idea :amuse.

Yeah for the most part it seems pointless to vote for a ban kai which hasn't been revealed yet, in any case i don't suppose it would be practical to reboot the poll once the captains start doing their final releases...

Tsukisama
June 24, 2008, 05:53 AM
hey cool u actually decided to follow up on my idea :amuse.

Yeah for the most part it seems pointless to vote for a ban kai which hasn't been revealed yet, in any case i don't suppose it would be practical to reboot the poll once the captains start doing their final releases...

Well, that was one of the reasons I was considering waiting on adding a poll, but for the people who feel strongly about their favorite bankai now with only the current ones revealed, they can express their vote. If at some future point their decision changes, then they will just be stuck with their old vote and will know that they should have waited for me to add this new favorite bankai of theirs.

tidal_alchemist87
June 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
Well, that was one of the reasons I was considering waiting on adding a poll, but for the people who feel strongly about their favorite bankai now with only the current ones revealed, they can express their vote. If at some future point their decision changes, then they will just be stuck with their old vote and will know that they should have waited for me to add this new favorite bankai of theirs.

haha it's true what they say about payback, oh well...

Hystzen
July 29, 2010, 02:23 PM
Yumichika Ayasegawa

his zan- Ruri'iro Kujaku is good:
1. drains reistu and releases it back
2. the petals can be eaten to restore strength

Bankai:
ermmm has to be Ichigos..i know people hate it but i like it the outfit change and it does increase speed just how kubo drawn it lately it seems he slower...plus the black GTs are sexy

Kaiten
July 30, 2010, 09:10 PM
Shikai
Sakanade: Shinji

The inverted world may not have done much against Aizen but it was cool looking, the effect was cool, and would be useful against a non-deified villain. And it showed that Kubo is good at foreshadowing; Shinji is good at doing things backwards, right? Doesn't hurt that he's one of my favorite characters :tem

Sode no Shirayuki: Rukia

An ability that lends itself to great art, a cool looking release, and not hax. I like everything about Rukia's zan.

Bankai
Tensa Zangetsu: Ichigo

Not gonna lie, I agree with you Hyst, zangetsu is a damn cool bankai. Nobody gives Kubo any respect for making a hero without hax powers. Tensa Zengetsu is a perfect power up: it's sharper, makes Ichigo faster, and has a good energy attack. May not be flashy but that's why I like it.

kkck
July 30, 2010, 10:02 PM
^I'd think zangetsu is one of the more hax zampakutos around, it just so happens ichigo does not give it room to shine. I agree in that it is quite cool. Not sure which would be my favorite though. As for the coolest looking bankai, definitely komamura's... a 100 meter tall armored giant that has nothing but raw power... It's like having a pet godzilla lol. As for my favorite ability.... dunno, there are a few good ones. Hyorinmaru is a freaking dragon and can throw chunks of heaven at you so it is not bad at all. Although, it is really hard to miss when you have a dragon theme so.... Ikkaku's would probably be my favorite bankai. 3 parts, lots of raw power.... were it not so brittle it'd be perfect.

Hystzen
July 31, 2010, 11:38 AM
^I'd think zangetsu is one of the more hax zampakutos around, it just so happens ichigo does not give it room to shine. I agree in that it is quite cool. Not sure which would be my favorite though. As for the coolest looking bankai, definitely komamura's... a 100 meter tall armored giant that has nothing but raw power... It's like having a pet godzilla lol. As for my favorite ability.... dunno, there are a few good ones. Hyorinmaru is a freaking dragon and can throw chunks of heaven at you so it is not bad at all. Although, it is really hard to miss when you have a dragon theme so.... Ikkaku's would probably be my favorite bankai. 3 parts, lots of raw power.... were it not so brittle it'd be perfect.

i was thinking Ikkaku but the prob with that bankai is how long it takes to "wake" leaves Ikkaku wide open to get one shotted...but it damn sexi and this is a thread not about how strong it is. Tousens bankai was good tho n the whole null senses affect it good

poobert
July 31, 2010, 03:28 PM
Shikai
Sakanade: Shinji

The inverted world may not have done much against Aizen but it was cool looking, the effect was cool, and would be useful against a non-deified villain. And it showed that Kubo is good at foreshadowing; Shinji is good at doing things backwards, right? Doesn't hurt that he's one of my favorite characters :tem

Sode no Shirayuki: Rukia

An ability that lends itself to great art, a cool looking release, and not hax. I like everything about Rukia's zan.

This, this and more this.

Shinji's shikai is my absolute favourite. It is just on the right side of hax, it doesn't look stupid and is still a sword. The best part is that the sword affects everyone equally. It is only Shinji's skill with it that gives him the advantage. For the same reason I like Shunsui's shikai (but not as much as shinji's).

Rukia's is my second fave. Ice is just way too cool and I prefer Rukia's style to Hitsu's which is more of a brute force thing. Rukia puts it in dances and has some finesse with her moves which makes it so much more interesting to use.

As for bankai's, you can't say no to Hitsu. Ice, dragon wings and he still has a sword (I dont like non sword weapons :mad). Although, once Shinji shows his bankai, it might knock Hitsu off. Same with Rukia, especially if it is anything like her shikai.

ryanzokuken
August 01, 2010, 12:21 AM
wish we knew what the hell Lisa, Hiyori, Iba, and Sasikabe's shikais actually do. unless they are all straight combat types.

i like Lisa's big ass spear as far as looks, but i don't know what it's usefulness is.

favorite shikais are:

Yumichika's Ruriro Kujaku - you've got the claw-bladed sword for melee combat, pretty sweet. and when things get tough or you find the opening to capture, you've got the (evidently very strong/hard to escape) restraining vines that drain reiatsu at an extremely fast rate. neither Hisagi nor Coolhorne were able to avoid being captured, or able to escape the hold of the tendrils. and you can take in the energy for restoring your own. :amuse awesome.

Love's Tengumaru - massive kanabo club with tons of surface area and spikes, light as a feather and easy to swing quickly and maneuver (the one drawback to a huge, generally heavy weapon is non existent here) with which you have a great shield and a large, hard-to-get-around striking weapon to deliver heavy impact (and puncture) damage. PLUS it has at least one fire technique, as well. this thing is a beast.

Kaien's Nejibana - the trident with the screw spear head on the other end is just cool, and i love the water element. his was more visually pleasing and stylish than Halibel's giant waves of water. this one was an awesome surprise.

obviously, Kyoka Suigetsu is amazing, but i leave that out because it's too hacked. :p

favorite bankais:

Gin's Kamishini No Yari - sword for all purpose melee combat. close range, medium range, long range, whatever. can extend super far and super fast. he sliced a city in half! the Serial Blade technique is unbelievably deadly. and now we find out that it also has a highly potent, highly fast-acting poison that he can leave in you any time he lands a cut on you that deals Respira-like damage. :D where's the flaw?

i thought i'd have a second, but honestly, i don't really love most of the bankais. Byakuya, Ikkaku, and Komamura have some cool ones, but not really to my tastes. Byakuya's Senbonzakura Kageyoshi is crazily versatile and deadly, though.

Waking_Dreamer
August 01, 2010, 11:52 AM
As for bankai's, you can't say no to Hitsu. Ice, dragon wings and he still has a sword (I dont like non sword weapons :mad). A

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/HitsugayatranFull-1.png

It would be interesting to see it when hes mastered it a bit more...and he is no longer holding back at the beginning of the fight for one reason or another...

Arrogance
August 02, 2010, 12:40 AM
My favorite Shikais so far have got to be Shinji's for the insane effect, Shunsui because of the versatility and complicated nature of it in that he needs to be ready for any game coming his way, and Kira's because in general if its used properly he could cripple quite a few opponents

My favorite Bankai has got to be Ikkaku only because I love the brute strength factor of it and it was one of the most epic releases I have ever seen. The whole scene was well done and I love seeing it every time.

Jackk
August 02, 2010, 02:35 PM
My favorite Shikai would have to be Kisuke Urahara's Benihime.

Benihime is an extremely versatile Zanpakuto, without being "hax" like others such Aizen's KS.

Benihime's Shikai gives Urahara a shield to protect himself from attacks, a net to trap people... which he can also give explosive properties and make it explode on his enemy, and also an energy attack that seems to be similar to Ichigo's GT, except Urahara seems to have a greater mastery over his energy attack because he's able to analyze the patterns in his enemy's muscle movements, and even analyze the spirit particles of his enemy's energy based attacks (Yamy's Bala for example) and cancel it out with his own energy attack. Thus it seems Kisuke can even adjust the potency of his energy attack and uses it very efficiently. In addition, I also like how Kisuke's energy attack makes the sounds of "fireworks" when he uses it in the anime. Overall, I like it because it is a very versatile shikai.

For Bankai, I would go with Hitsugaya's Ice Bankai. If even just for the "looks" .... I've always liked ice based techniques. It also seems like Hitsugaya has not fully mastered his Bankai yet... so it will most likely get more powerful later on. Even Shunsui said that Hitsugaya could probably surpass him in 100 years. Anyway, I like Ice based techniques.

conn-man
August 05, 2010, 12:48 PM
for shikais, zabimaru is really cool to me, the design has been done before in other manga but kubo makes renji weild it so awesomly. ashisogi jizo is another one i really like, mayuri is a nice enough swords man to make it dangerous. i was mad he didnt use it against szayzel.

for bankais senbonzakura kageyoshi is amazing, maybe the most dangerous and versitil bankai still so far revealed. ryumon hozukimaru is simple but fun. i cant wait to see him go crazy with it. there was plenty of oppourtunity to use it against poww or allon so maybe kubo will give him another nice fight.

ryanzokuken
August 05, 2010, 07:54 PM
for bankais senbonzakura kageyoshi is amazing, maybe the most dangerous and versitil bankai still so far revealed. ryumon hozukimaru is simple but fun. i cant wait to see him go crazy with it. there was plenty of oppourtunity to use it against poww or allon so maybe kubo will give him another nice fight.

i totally expected Ikkaku to show up again and finally reveal his bankai to redeem himself from earlier and take on Allon. never expected Yama to do it. :p

After_Image
August 09, 2010, 03:18 PM
My favorite shikai as of now would have to be Kisuke's. It's versatility is great and the different attacks Benihime has are superb. Plus the name Benihime has a cool translation and it just rolls off the tongue. :XD

I still haven't decided on a bankai. I want to wait for the Characters I am most interested in to chose a favorite. Gin's bankai is up there though.

Note
August 10, 2010, 07:44 AM
shikai: I'm stuck between benihime, shinso and kyoraku shunsui's (soz forgot the name). Benehime is so versatile and not to mention cool while kyoraku's shikai is just interesting and creative. Shinso is simple buut has many uses and that's why i like it.
Bankai: kamishini no yari, the speed is just cool and mixed with the incredible length and the 'kill' poison it's just an all rounder for me lol.

poobert
August 10, 2010, 02:49 PM
I have to admit, I liked Ichigo's bankai when it was revealed.

Ichi had a hyper speed combat one with enhanced cutting power. It is like the bankai equivalent of Kenshin's master Hiko.... In fact that is exactly what old man zangetsu was and it almost seemed like Ichi would become the sword saint type character. No special powers, no stupid overgrown weapon and no pure strength, just enhanced combat to the point that even a captain couldn't match his ability.

I think for those brief chapters, kubo gave the main character the best bankai.

elitefox
August 12, 2010, 12:44 AM
I have to admit, I liked Ichigo's bankai when it was revealed.

Ichi had a hyper speed combat one with enhanced cutting power. It is like the bankai equivalent of Kenshin's master Hiko.... In fact that is exactly what old man zangetsu was and it almost seemed like Ichi would become the sword saint type character. No special powers, no stupid overgrown weapon and no pure strength, just enhanced combat to the point that even a captain couldn't match his ability.

I think for those brief chapters, kubo gave the main character the best bankai.

lol this is really what i am confuse

Ichigo's bankai is suppose to make him the fastest character in bleach but after byakuya... no man has ever said he is fast or supa fast.

Phenom
August 12, 2010, 03:23 AM
lol this is really what i am confuse

Ichigo's bankai is suppose to make him the fastest character in bleach but after byakuya... no man has ever said he is fast or supa fast.

Agreed, it's like Ichigo's speed is an after thought now considering Grimmjow, who was able to keep up and Ulquiorra who surpassed his speed. I've even gotten to the point where I just don't think Ichigo's bankai is all that anymore.

Anyway, my favorite shikai, well I'm a little split between Shunsui, Urahara and Aizen. Shunsui's shikai goes in the realm of broken with the ability to go through shadows and whatnot. I was also digging the color thing... It's too bad he took off his haori (sp?) because I would've liked to have seen Shunsui use that ability against Aizen.

One would think I should like Zangetsu if I like Benehime. I consider them one in the same and in fact I probably would've like Zangetsu more if it wasn't such a one-trick pony. Benehime's usage is far more interesting especially with the way Urahara uses it.

And then there's Kyoka Suigetsu. King of broken with the ability there.

As far as Bankai goes. Right now it's only Byakuya and Gin. I don't overlook Tousen's either although I'm disappointed in how he used it. I find his bankai really devastating.

unusualangel
August 12, 2010, 11:57 AM
the way she executed her bankai is the reason why i liked soi fon's. unlike any other bankai, hers is the closest to reality and is a total opposite of her shikai. she rocks and looks cool armed with such a devastating weapon plus the fact that shes a tiny woman. awesome.

Tengetsu91
August 13, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'll probably be trolled for this but I really like Ichigos Bankai. It was really appealing to me, and few of my friends kept hounding me saying that it was only meant to give him a power boost. And thats true for the most part, but isnt that the point of a Bankai which is to give them an edge in battle? Yeah his speed is underrated......Alot. But the one think Kubo focuses on is the endurance of his bankai. He's been battling in that form since he fought GJ which was ages ago and at that point any normal bankai's time would have ellapsed. I believe there might be more to his bankai than what we're seeing and the few latest chapters have given me great hope. Because the way he attained his bankai was through an informal method of Kisuke's, and it normally takes at least 10 years to master something like that yet it took Ichigo only 3 days. That leads me to believe that Ichigo has only accessed the very basic abilities of his bankai, and if trained properly could tap into more of his potential.

Waking_Dreamer
August 14, 2010, 04:46 AM
the way she executed her bankai is the reason why i liked soi fon's. unlike any other bankai, hers is the closest to reality and is a total opposite of her shikai. she rocks and looks cool armed with such a devastating weapon plus the fact that shes a tiny woman. awesome.

I might have appreciated her bankai more if they tweaked the mechanics of it. Consider the jericho missile from Ironman.

She fires one large missile towards her target but opens up and releases a payload of stinger rockets (preferably with some wasp motif) which rains down on the opponent like a swarm of explosions. :D

benelori
August 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
I reall like Shunsui's shikai, because of it's ability, and the same with Byakuya...but I think as shape I just like Ichigo's knife the most, it's just soo simple...

In bankai, I like Byakuya's but only the first technique, the one that it's just an upgrade of his shikai, and I liked the looks of Tekken Tachikaze, too bad it wasn't shown, the wind ability of the shikai was great

thornofcarrion
August 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
I like Byakuya's bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi and its forms Senkei, Gokei, and Shukei: Hakuteiken. The design and utility of these forms is awesome.

Other than Byakuya, Ichigo's bankai is very decent. The all black attire and the black sword, really is fun to watch.

unusualangel
August 14, 2010, 03:37 PM
I might have appreciated her bankai more if they tweaked the mechanics of it. Consider the jericho missile from Ironman.

She fires one large missile towards her target but opens up and releases a payload of stinger rockets (preferably with some wasp motif) which rains down on the opponent like a swarm of explosions. :D

yeah there should be more to it for sure since it was the only first time we saw her bankai. I like the idea of stinger rockets. flash grenades, biohazardous bomb and stuff like that with your wasp motifs but i dont want kubo go further unrealistic.

Vespir
August 14, 2010, 05:23 PM
i liked byakuya's shikai but ichigo's bankai was just perfect. not too flashy, no big giant behind him no ugly evil creepy baby. just the black sword with the black suit is awesome.

Crystal Black
August 15, 2010, 05:57 PM
Byakuya and Gin's bankai's are my favorite while Katen Kyokotsu and Sakanade are my favorite shikais. I'm not much of a fan of the users but they're funny for the most part. Tousen's zan is great also.

jiraiyanindo
August 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
my favorite shikai belongs to Ikkaku. A three piece staff/ spear combination is soooo cool. My favorite bankai would belong to hitsugaya. I think he uses it like a girl. It I had his bankai, it would be pure pawnage...ice dragon raging pawnage.

Remodie
August 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
As of right now I would have to say Ichigo's because of how strong it is and how little Ichigo himself knows about it. That lack of knowledge and mystery behind it makes it the most interesting to me. I would like to add that I choose Ichigo's bankai as my fav of the known bankai's in the series. My favorite shikai would be a tie between Yamamoto, Shinji and Kisuke with Shinji probably taking the crown because of how badass his shikai is. I would love to see some mystery shikai's and bankai's like Isshin's Engetsu and shinji's bankai.

p1xel
August 19, 2010, 11:36 AM
Byakuya zanpakuto wins.Always loved these purple ownage.:D
2nd place is hitsugaya,but hes a kid so hes a n00b:P

Cyber34
August 27, 2010, 11:49 PM
I like Ichigo's because when used properly it is more entertaining to view, as shown by his psychotic side. His Bankai requires the wielder to get up close and personal instead of just shooting range attacks against opponents, which are the type of fights I like to see.

NinjaPenguinator
August 28, 2010, 12:42 AM
I like Ichigo's because when used properly it is more entertaining to view, as shown by his psychotic side. His Bankai requires the wielder to get up close and personal instead of just shooting range attacks against opponents, which are the type of fights I like to see.

Actually he could use his bankai as just a fast way of getting away in order to keep firing Getsuga Tenshous at his target from the proper distance away >.>

As to my favorites, they would have to be...

When Ikkaku goes bankai, as well as byakuya.

also, in case this hasn't been posted here yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXrIngC_m-0

BladeX69
August 28, 2010, 12:59 AM
got to love ichigo's new bankai form. sick chain that covers his right hand like a glove and extends to his back. f'n sick. don't know have much improvement it is to the original power wise. http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-430-page-3.html

niblack89
August 30, 2010, 11:04 PM
Ichigo's new Bankai was still great to begin with. Since Ichigo's bankai is complete and its original ability is to compress Ichigo's power is ichigo's complete power compressed to the point its completely disappeared.

If so Ichigo is even more dangerous. If he is fast and you can't feel his retsu then you wouldn't know when will be strike next. Also he could keep his Bankai on for ever it waist no power. Ichigo stayed in bankai for 3 month is testament of this.

All his power which is a fusion of his hallow and shingami packed into a bankai, then he has a hallowfied state mask or resurrection. Compact into nothing is like a Tsar Bomba (the strongest nuke detonated) that rocket is the shell but once detonated it can instantly destroy anything but Ichigo could reseal that power up.

Niirouge
October 10, 2010, 07:18 AM
The best Shikai and Bankai goes to Gin and Byakuya :)

Byakuya's Bankai is elegant, beautiful AND deadly.

Gin's Shikai gets points just for sounding cool and having an awesome release word ;) And I've always loved the long-ranged weapons!

Bhoot
October 10, 2010, 08:15 AM
hmm .... gonna say :
Favourite Shikai : Soifon [seriously , be hit by it 2x same place and ur dead is something .]
while the no brainer for me :
Favourite Bankai : Tousen .if he used Kido while using it , he'd be nearly unbeatable

Omiem
October 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
Favorite Shikai: I'd say Soi Fon's. A lot of people in my opinion don't appreciate how deadly she is with the combination of her shikai, speed, and Hakuda skills.
Favorite Bankai: I'd say Gin's, because it reminds me of Soi's shikai. Only difference is that it's pretty much a 1 hit kill instead of 2 hits. Well, unless your Aizen of course.

kamakazi_1996
November 21, 2010, 02:32 PM
obviously kurosaki he was still inexperienced when he owned byakuya
spoiler:
his new bankai form is amzaing i loved the way his chain was wrapped around his arm and his FGT form is the most incredible thing ive ever seen i mean cmon he turned the whole sky black and owned aizens arse

ninjabot
December 06, 2010, 03:46 PM
Favorite Bankai is SKY (Senbonzakura Kageyoshi), obviously. Shikai? Wabisuke. May be useless as far as killing power, but I imagine if it's weight ability works on an arrancar's wings, it can work on a person's arms or legs.

union98
December 07, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hmmm...I think my favorite Shikai would have to be Kaien Dono - Suiten Sakamake....Nejibana...

And my favorite Bankai would be - BANKAI....KOKUJO TENGEN MYOU....I think it's an absolutely pointless bankai if you're fighting anything other than a Giant Arrancar or something, but it looks pretty cool and I like saying it.

steelwingcrash1
December 11, 2010, 02:35 AM
Oh my God, why did Mayuri's Bankai lose the poll?

I can't believe it. Don't you find that exaggerated arrogantly-large baby-insect cute at all? I have always adored Mayuri's Bankai:

Tear them apart, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizou!

In terms of Shikai, no one beats Byakuya (of course).

Scatter, Senbonzakura...

Takahashi
December 13, 2010, 07:44 PM
Shikai: Kira's without a doubt, the amount of sword clashes that happen in an ordinary Bleach fight make his ability pretty damn high up there.

Bankai: Komamura or Mayuri. Tengen's probably the top in the pure power category, and Mayuri's is just so twisted, love it.

Tygulopk
December 14, 2010, 08:21 PM
For Bankai I would have to say Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, since I love it's versatility and design (in Senkei form).

For Shikai, Shinji's is pretty good. It's got an interesting design, as well as a powerful ability, without being completely hax like Aizen's.

zoobear
December 16, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi, im new... registered simply to reply to this forum post i stumbled upon whilst searching for scanlations..  haha i couldnt resist

In my opinion, the coolest/best BanKai would have to be Madarame Ikkaku's.  What an awsome and devastating bankai..  Looks amazing.

i've spoilertagged this one, because it refers to something after the return from soul society - K

No, he didnt have a limit on him, because only Captain and Vice-Captain level shinigami have them.

Exodi
December 16, 2010, 09:56 PM
Favorite shikai:
Suzumebachi. I love the command and I love that the actual stinger is situated around the middle finger, which makes flipping the bird at someone that much more fun.

Favorite bankai:
Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, Kamishini no Yari, Jakuhou Raikoben, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizou........I like too many of them to pick a favorite. I'll go with Gin's because he is one of my favorite characters.

El Samurai Guapo
December 16, 2010, 10:35 PM
Out of the bankai we've seen so far—which isn't many—I would say Kokujou Tengen Myou is the best. Summoning a giant samurai than can wreck a captain level opponent with one backhand is by far better than a giant baby or a bunch of flying cherry blossoms. Kaname even alluded to the tremendous power behind KTM when he pointed out that it seems Komamura never expected an opponent to come back after taking a single hit from it. Kami shini no yari is a close 2nd though.

As for shikai - Sakanade, Tengumaru, Kinshara, Tachikaze, and whatever the hell Yumichika's real shikai is called (that thing was pure badassery).

Edit: Oh and of course Benihime. Hands down the most versatile zanpakutou.

Raizen
December 21, 2010, 10:20 PM
Favorite bankai: its a toss up between zeonbonsakura and Daiguren Hyorimaru.
Byakuya's bankai is so versatile and very cool to look at. Hyorimaruu is another powerful bankai that has manyhidden tricks and techniques.

Favorite shikai: Katen Kyokotsu because it is a badass shikai that is as powerful as some bankais. And the idea of children games being brought to life is great.
Sōgyo no Kotowari would be another. Reflecting energy based attack is great considering that most fighters fight that way. And i am sure there is more to the shikai than just that
Suzumebachi- death in 2 kills. Great!

xXan
December 27, 2010, 06:39 AM
Out of the bankai we've seen so far—which isn't many—I would say Kokujou Tengen Myou is the best. Summoning a giant samurai than can wreck a captain level opponent with one backhand is by far better than a giant baby or a bunch of flying cherry blossoms. Kaname even alluded to the tremendous power behind KTM when he pointed out that it seems Komamura never expected an opponent to come back after taking a single hit from it. Kami shini no yari is a close 2nd though.

As for shikai - Sakanade, Tengumaru, Kinshara, Tachikaze, and whatever the hell Yumichika's real shikai is called (that thing was pure badassery).

Edit: Oh and of course Benihime. Hands down the most versatile zanpakutou.

Personaly i think zeonbonsakura is better then KTM. Imagine a fight between the two. Byakuya is fast enough to dodge KTM and use his
zeonbonsakura to bypass KTM completly( i don't know why people think that Byakuya would use his bankai on KTM and not on Komamura direcly).
Koma would probably survive 1-2 hits but that would be it. For me zeonbonsakura is so much better and more versatile.

My favorite Bankai is Ichigo's. I know it does not have any flashy things but i just love how Ichigo puts his hands and sais: BANKAI ! Then those chains (expecialy in his latest design).. Its just pure ownage and probably the best Bankai (no time limit, and turns Ici in something like a GOD, well the latest version and you can't sense him).

Favourite Shikai is Soifon. 2 Hits and you are dead.

meepers4982
January 07, 2011, 09:26 PM
ban kai i have to say my favorite is ichigos and i really like gins as well. shikai im going to say shinji because of his introduction and his sentance 'im good at doing things in reverse' talk about foreshadowing!

UchihaHunter
January 22, 2011, 02:50 PM
Shikai: I guess I like Soi Fong's the most. THKO is pretty damn good.

Bankai: Probably Tousen's. That ability is definitely hax...there are a lot of good bankais though...I like Hitsugaya's for the mere fact that control of all water in the vicinity is pretty good; Byakuya's has been used the most often (outside of Ichigo), and has the largest variety of forms, iirc; Soi Fong's wasn't effective against Barragan, but a nuke is freaking epic; Ichigo's high-speed combat was pretty nice, and I like Mayuri's. For the most part, the bankais haven't really disappointed as far as their strength, imo

Waking_Dreamer
January 22, 2011, 06:56 PM
I really like the visual concept of Hitsugayas bankai.

Its like Hyorimaru is actually purching on the kid's shoulders with its neck and head reaching down with his arm, and the wings and tail outstretched up, over and behind him.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/HitsugayaBadassSig.png

Takahashi
February 13, 2011, 09:45 PM
Kaien's Shikai gets style points, that's for sure.

Hystzen
February 16, 2011, 06:15 AM
ichigos true bankai with chains down arm..just shows how powerfull he can be if he can ever learn to conrtol reistu and sense it. heck was owning "god" aizen with it then did FGT for LOLs :nuts

Jorge D. Dragon
February 18, 2011, 06:49 AM
Hystzen
I thought it was shown that when he came with his dad to fight Aiyen in the Real Karakura he sensed his sisters from quite far away, so I think he already is capable of controling and sensing reiatsu at normal level.:)

Eprst
February 25, 2011, 09:27 AM
I would go with Sajin Komamura. Since all the fights are mostly about sword fighting, his bankai reminds me of knights of the midevil. Efficiency probably is not that good comparing to main characters of manga but the wau it looks I think it is awesome, 2 warriors moving similarly and suffering the same damage

Deicide
March 03, 2011, 04:18 PM
My favorite Bankai is Kamishini no Yari.

I began taking a liking of it when Gin stated that it's speed was mach 500.
It was later confirmed that it isn't, but the poison compensates for that.

Autumn
March 12, 2011, 07:09 PM
My favorite bankai is no doubt Gin's.

My favorite trait about his bankai is that,it can be used at almost any range,plus the speed that it contract and retract at makes it even more dangerous and the poison within the blade is a plus for me.

DaDarkDude
March 28, 2011, 01:50 PM
Gotta love Byakuya's bankai. I only like the awesome weird looking arena, not so much the powers. It just feels like his shikai * x. But the appearance is awesome.

blackjack612
March 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
Gin's bankai is my favorite. Honestly it seems like it's the most dangerous. It's got speed, range, power, and poison. It's a fitting bankai for a slithering snake of a man.

My favorite shikai is Tousen's. I like both of its abilities and wished that it was used more often.

Otherwise, my favorite release is Byakuya's.

ShootToKill
March 29, 2011, 02:51 PM
Favorite Bankai is Gin's - don't really have anything to say about it that hasn't been said :D Close second would be Ikkaku's - it exemplifies his nature and division perfectly.

Lots of Shikai's could take the #1 spot for me... Kazeshini would certainly be a contender though - I love its look and unpredictability, it's my favorite straight up melee Shikai at any rate.

Lunatic Scream
March 29, 2011, 10:32 PM
Bleh. I can't stand Gin's bankai. I don't mind the original ability, but the poison ability felt tacked on for plot reasons, so thumbs down to that.

I guess my favorite bankai would have to be Tousen's. TBTP showed just how devastating it can be. It's a shame the only time he used it outside of that was completely retarded on his part, and then he forsook it to become a giant cricket.

And I like Ukitake's shikai the best. I wish we got to see more of him in general.

IchiMizu
April 01, 2011, 02:27 AM
I like Ichigo's Bankai. He looks very good in black and his mask is so nice. His so powerful.

Kotaku
April 01, 2011, 03:28 AM
I no read poll properly :( I want vote Byakuya-sama bankai. I think the senbon zakura very pretty. Also so strong and can do many thing. Like against Renji-kun. But then I never see, so I click the Hitsugaya-kun... Hyourinmaru also cool, but Senbon Zakura more better to me.

White Silver King
April 01, 2011, 07:38 PM
I love Benihime! She has the most versatile shikai in the series, plus she revolves around blood (so cool). While we have yet to see her bankai, I've always thought it'd be similar to Hidan's Jashin Ritual from Naruto.

I like Shunsui's shikai as well.

RaveDragon
April 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
Toshiro's is my favourite maybe because i'm a dragon person, and then there's ichigo's which is black and way cool ^^

matzik1212
April 27, 2011, 12:57 PM
i like ichigo's bankai and also kyoraku's bankai it's an interesting one even though it's a dangerous one ^_^