PDA

View Full Version : Pat's Analysis: Naruto 405

patedecarne
June 22, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hi there, my beloved friends! This review was a little late, but you know, not everything comes planned as we think, and my weekend was a little busy, but thanks God, I was able to write this review, but this chapter was gold, then a review was a must, and here we are!

The scanlation came from Binktopia

Naruto 405 – What he left behind

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4051.png
Is that a cover? Seems more a masterpiece…

Well, first thing: the cover. It was fantastic and perfect, with it; we could pretty much know what would happen this week. That Naruto, walking alone, with closed eyes and a immensurable sadness was perfect, not to mention taht I cannot remember from such cover with so great impact, when I saw it from the first time, I couldn't read the remaining chapter, But I was so excited to see that finally Naruto would receive a good development from this new chain of events. The art was amazing, and so the script. A good start for the chapter!

In the beginning of the chapter, Pa frog finally delivers the code Jiraya wrote in its back. And for my surprise, Tsunade doesn't know what it means, and seems no one from Konoha, as well. I’m relieved to see that Pain wasn’t forgotten just now: with the recent chapters involving Hawk, I was a little afraid that Pain wouldn’t be really a threat by now, but with the code already reaching its destination, there’s no way to just ignore Pain; but still, how he events will be connected is unclear to me, though. But I’ll sticky with my theory: Now that Naruto knows everything, he’ll forget Sasuke a little and will focus in a likely training to become stronger and to honor Jiraya’s sacrifice, then I’m thinking Pain will be the next obstacle and Sasuke will be left as a last enemy, but still there’s the possibility to see Naruto training in another place, and in this meantime, Konoha’s invasion could be the main event: Without Naruto, who is a stronger ally, Konoha would be a little unprotected, and after everything, Naruto would come back just to see a devastated Konoha. But the only thing I’m sure for now is that there’s no way to Kishimoto to skip Naruto’s development, and such thing is what I’m really looking forward!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4052.png
Naruto, that’s the ninja life, and soon or later you’ll come to understand…

While Tsunade was staring at Pa’s back trying to understand the code, her thoughts were interrupted by Naruto: he was questioning her if she really sent Jiraya to his nemesis. Well, Jiraya really went by his own, but at this time, would be useless to try to say this to Naruto: he would become so angry and probably wouldn’t believe on Tsunade’s words, and could even frame Tsunade, saying she was lying to him. Even with Pa frog saying he’d died because of the code, Naruto didn’t care anything about it, but instead he got nervous with Tsunade. Naruto’s world is crumbling in this moment, but, in the deeps of his heart, he knows that Tsunade isn’t guilty, she’s the Hokage, and even if the missions are risky, she cannot retreat with her decisions, but at this moment, there’re too much in Naruto’s head to just think about it. And even when Kakashi said that he knew about Tsunade’s feelings, we could see clearly an astonished Naruto.

I must say, this chapter was flawless to me! Seeing all of Naruto’s reactions almost make me cry, and Naruto saying to Tsunade that if Jiraya were the Hokage, he would never send Tsunade in a so dangerous mission was perfect: Naruto didn’t have this intention, but still Tsunade will carry the guilty for Jiraya’s death: with all the remembrances from that fateful day in her speech with Jiraya. So much pressure in her backs, and with Naruto’s words, probably she wants to kill herself now. I’m noticing that in the last chapters, Kishimoto is creating a perfect atmosphere filled with drama and sadness, and this chapter is no exception: Jiraya’s death is affecting everyone in Konoha. Sasuke dying right now wouldn’t be so dramatic to Naruto as Jiraya’s death, after all, Jiraya was the closest person to Naruto, and he never lose someone so close in this painful way…

Another interesting detail here is Pa’s reactions toward Naruto: in fact, Naruto is really the child he was expecting to see; probably Pa saw Naruto as a mirror from Jiraya, and in a future, I’m guessing he’ll train Naruto, just like he did with Jiraya. After all, even if Naruto and Jiraya aren’t related, they still look like so much, and only Naruto can tell how painful is being the (probably) worst day in his life is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4053.png
Stop, Naruto! Or else, I’ll cry again…

Now that Naruto is alone is where the true pain will begin, the remembrances are strong enough to break a man, but fortunately, Iruka appears and seems he still doesn’t know about the sad news. Iruka said that everyone in Konoha is talking about Naruto, and I couldn’t be happier with this: Naruto will be a Hokage someday! First, the people must respect the Hokage’s candidate, and not only that, the candidate must be well known and very strong to take such title. And even indirectly, Naruto is building his way to Hokage’s name: the people are talking about him, and this is an important step to his final destination; probably the people already now he’s very strong, and right now, he has the potential to give people hopes in their lives, and Naruto has the great power to change people. He’s making his name in the village, and seems that rejected boy from the beginning of the series is no more. Naruto believed in his dream and all of his efforts weren’t in vain, that’s the Naruto we all know, the great Naruto…

But unfortunately, Naruto won’t accept Iruka’s offer, instead, he’ll make to way to his home, and from now, I’ll say to everyone here: we’re about the start the greatest moment I ever saw in Naruto, in my opinion. The second time I saw this part, I even dropped some tears, because this moment was more than perfect. Naruto walking alone, and then, his tears, his face, the moment, the sad eyes, everything was brilliant. When I wrote my past reviews with Itachi and Sasuke, sure they had some sad moments, but nothing from them could compare with this emotional chapter. I, who was complaining about the Naruto’s lack in the manga, haven’t any more reasons to complain, because Naruto is being developed beyond my expectations. I was expecting to see great drama moments regarding Jiraya’s death, but wasn’t expecting so much drama content. Since I began the Naruto’s reviews, almost every single chapter had so drama involved, but I can say for sure that there’s no way to Kishimoto write a more dramatic chapter than this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4054.png
Kishimoto is unstoppable; who will be the next to cry?

And so, Iruka again show up trying to encourage Naruto. The drama still continues with Naruto saying he was trying to do his best in order to be watched by Jiraya, and Iruka said that Naruto must keep his work, because Jiraya will be always at his side. Naruto is dealing perfectly with his emotions, and with this, we can tell exactly why Naruto is the best: His lost was unbearable, but still, he won’t seek revenge and won’t be filled with hatred, but instead, he’ll do his best the honor Jiraya’s name. He’s being too mature in these moments, totally Sasuke’s opposite. Sasuke could be a genius in fights, but Naruto is a genius in every aspect of his life. That’s why he’s the main star and why he’ll become a hokage someday!

Shikamaru was assigned to decipher the code. More I thought about it, more I think the code will bring the biggest revelation to Narutoverse. Probably the code wasn’t addressed to Tsunade, and Jiraya knew that she would use the cryptology squad, and then I don’t think he’ll make some difficult code to be deciphered. But, right now I don’t have the slightly clue about which methods will be used here, but being numbers, I’m inclined to think the code is related with the book mentioned in the prophecy: “you’ll travel over the world, and observing all the creation, watching as Nature takes its course..." probably the book is strongly related with this Nature's course, and so, Pain's true identity;

And like I suspected in the last chapter, alone, Tsunade would be broken. Another great moment, Tsunade couldn’t bear much longer the lost. She needed to do this, more than a Hokage, she’s a human, and it’s normal to cry right now. The chapter was perfect in every aspect, and Tsunade crying just now gave the last shine in the chapter! Oh, and a curious detail: in the last panel, young Jiraya smiling was exactly like Minato and Naruto! Even if they aren’t related, we can see strong resemblances, not only in the face, but in the behavior as well. All of them are strong ninjas with a strong desire to do the right thing, and that’s why they’re perfect as ninja, going beyond the fight aspect!

***Key Points***

The code already is in Konoha
Naruto and Tsunade crying was perfect
The cover was brilliant
Jiraya resembles so much Minato

Summary

Perfect, perfect chapter! Naruto and Tsunade crying were perfect, I’m listening some Saint Seiya drama BGM right now(Seiji Yokoyama is the best about drama tracks) and I’m almost crying again; the Naruto we saw here was completely different from the usual Naruto, but the circumstances were responsible for this change; I’m sure from now, Naruto will try to be the best ninja in Konoha, and chances are high that he could be able to do this, because Jiraya’s death will be the perfect fuel; Speaking from Jiraya, his death, no, the consequences were too shocking, and Kishimoto had produced the perfect chapter to it. Now that the code already is in Shikamaru’s hands, I’m sure soon or later they’ll figure it out, but could take a little longer, I think. Now, I’m really looking forward for the next chapter, because something related with the key that Jiraya once told could be up! Ok then, bye bye!

S.I.M Editor
June 22, 2008, 08:39 PM
very nice, naruto cried like a man, which made it that much more dramatic.

igotthegoods
June 22, 2008, 09:18 PM
no need to apologize for the very nice and not-really-even-that-late review. i know that you were also working on a ginormous bleach gaiden review, so i think you did pretty well considering. i, for one, appreciate all your hard work :)

this was a wonderfully emotional chapter! i definitely shed a few tears :crying

one thing i think you touched on, but maybe didn't say enough about was the purpose of the scene between naruto and iruka. i felt like purpose of this scene was not only to have iruka encourage naruto, but also to remind him (as well as the reader) that naruto still has a father figure in his life. they even shared a popsicle in the same way as naruto and jiraiya did almost as if to say, "see, he still has someone he can do these things with." that's what i took from it, at least ^^

i also think it is important to note that tsunade held her tears back in order to protect the image of strength as a hokage. it was only when she was alone, that she allowed herself to break down and cry.

Nasuke
June 23, 2008, 04:18 AM
I fully agree with igotthegoods. Great review.

However there is a bad person next to me whispering something bad, and quite frankly its about Iruka. We know Iruka so well, we know how he likes Naruto and always treats him like a son. The darkness is to set the mood for the sadness Kishimoto is trying to unveil, however at the same time Iruka appearing the way he is is just way too nostalgic. The possibility of what Im about to say is zero, and it will not happen, however I am trying to imagine the possibilities this may hold if true (dont worry its not). Does Iruka's body not resemble Madara? How would Naruto react if one of the closest people to him turns out to be his greatest enemy? Can people imagine the development potential there for Naruto as a character?

The Adamant Dragon
June 23, 2008, 05:31 AM
I fully agree with igotthegoods. Great review.

However there is a bad person next to me whispering something bad, and quite frankly its about Iruka. We know Iruka so well, we know how he likes Naruto and always treats him like a son. The darkness is to set the mood for the sadness Kishimoto is trying to unveil, however at the same time Iruka appearing the way he is is just way too nostalgic. The possibility of what Im about to say is zero, and it will not happen, however I am trying to imagine the possibilities this may hold if true (dont worry its not). Does Iruka's body not resemble Madara? How would Naruto react if one of the closest people to him turns out to be his greatest enemy? Can people imagine the development potential there for Naruto as a character?

I Don't Beleive Kishimito is that Crazy... To make all the people arround Naruto be psycopaths, Or 'Delete' them Like Minato, Jiraya. Who's next? Kakashi? Iruka is the Closest caracter to Naruto. If there's a caracter that would see Naruto's developpement 'till the end... its Him. If It weren't for Him, Naruto Would've turn to the darkside a long time Ago.

As for the chapter, it was Awsom. Epic Cover and Drama content ( what kshi is best at anyway ). Finally the story leans toward Naruto. The Upcoming chapters looks Promissing.

Exellent review Patedecarne. Keep it Up :thumbs

patedecarne
June 23, 2008, 07:31 AM
Hehe, that Bleach review really took me so much time to write, and not only that, but saturday was my father's birthday, then I was unable to write the review saturday, but like I said before, I couldn't left this chapter without a review, after all, I was one who was complaining about the lack of Naruto in the manga, and right now, in this chapter, with this superb development, would be almost a crime not to write this review!

Yes, the Iruka scene was a very touching moment too, but maybe I didn't enough emphasis because I was focused more in the scenes with Naruto alone, but in an overall , I'll say the entire chapter was filled with drama, and I'm wondering how many people had cried with it;

And Nasuke brought a very good point with his theory; Since the beginning of the series, which was Iruka's true purpose? everytime we've seen him, he was helping, cheering up or encouraging Naruto; but we never saw him fighting(save for that "fight" in the first chapter) and he just showed up in the most convenient moments; I think this is a double edged knife, because Iruka could be really a kind person, always in the right time and in the right place, but always there's the other side; Like The Adamant Dragon said, probably such act would means that Kishimoto is really crazy, but we're talking about the ninja world, and unfortunately, as we had seen with Itachi's story, ninja's life is everything but important in the context, and I think we cannot discard any possibility right now, the perfect exemple is again Itachi's life: in just 5 chapters, Kishimoto changed one of the worst villains in on of the greatest saviors...

Necm
June 23, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Patedecarne! I've been following your reviews since you started, and it's my first time posting on any of them. So I'll start by saying that I really enjoy reading your reviews, they're something I look forward to every week after reading the latest chapter. Once again it's a great review! Keep up your good work and great analytic abilities.

I fully agree with your review. The drama was simply stunning, and although I didn't pay to much attention to the cover, I do in fact agree with you after reading your thoughts. Your thoughts about the cover really opened up my eyes to the greatness of the cover, and showed me just how good it really was.

About Naruto having a more mature reaction to his close person's death compared to Sasuke. I totally agree with you. Back when the spotlight was still on Sasuke, and Itachi's real story was being revealed, I believed that Sasuke would finally turn back to Konoha. I was thinking "Why is Madara doing this? What will he get out of telling Sasuke this?" The reason why I thought like that was because I couldn't possibly see how Madara's story would get Sasuke over to his side. And when we saw him at the end of the story, standing on the shoreline while having the most peaceful expression on his face that we've ever seen him show, I really thought that he would turn back. But his real reaction was just childish and instead of honoring his brother and his wishes like Naruto will do for Jiraiya, he directs his bitterness and anger at Konoha. He's a child compared to Naruto, even though he himself said at their meeting that Naruto is still a child! When it comes to life Naruto is way ahead of Sasuke, just like you said. It's amazing how I'm able to compare my own thoughts to yours.

Also this chapter really showed how much Naruto has grown in Part II without we as readers directly noticing. Compare Naruto's reaction to Jiraiya's death to his reaction when he got confirmation from Sakura about Gaara being dead. It's unbelievable how much he has matured right under our noses! Back then he screamed out of his lungs full power, while he this time took it like a man. People talk about Naruto being to harsh to Tsunade, but they have to realize that that is nothing compared to what he would have done a hundred chapters back. He actually knew that he would say or do something bad if he stayed, so he simply said "fuck this" and left. The only reason he said those last words to Tsunade was because Sakura didn't let him be.

Once again great review. I hope you keep writing them for a long time, because we all enjoy them very much.

Marq
June 23, 2008, 12:45 PM
Great review Pat. Yeah, it was good chapter ignoring those who complained that it sucked or no info, blah, blah. I did shed a little tear drop.. not at naruto's crying.. but the flashback between Jirayia and Naruto. Each panel had it's story of it's own. The last one with Jirayia behind Naruto in his part 2 clothes, was very touching. The thing about Kishi is, he doesn't always have to put certain characters in the light/panels alot to show the relationship between them and Naruto. Yeah in part one we did have an arc with Jirayia and Naruto, but as you can see in part 2 it wasn't so much, but yet in a few flashback panels we already understand how strong a father-son relationship Jirayia and Naruto had. The Iruka part was touching.. but at the same time.. I kind of didn't like it how he has to be there to console Naruto. I wanted Naruto to actually do it himself and move on, but heh that's too much to ask, he does still need a little help.. I could on and on about Naruto's growth in terms of maturity (even if there are naysayers saying crying didn't do anything.)

But I say this.. everyone was expecting him to go into a tantrum about Jirayia's death. Did he have one? A little but not the full blown one everyone was expecting. Naruto's changing.. liittle by little. I'm just hoping he focuses on other things other than Sasuke as of now. Screw the save Sasuke crap now, focus on protecting the village if he doesn't want to lose his other loved ones.

patedecarne
June 23, 2008, 02:29 PM
@necm

Thanks for taking your time to visit my reviews, and you can be sure that I'll try to do my best in every review I wrote!
Let's say this cover was totally stunning, it's just like people said: one image worth than one thousand words, and with just that panel, I think it was enough to show us how magnificient would be chapter...
Unfortunately, I was expecting to see another Sasuke back in the time, but wasn't the case, even though Sasuke is strong now, he's more childish than Konohamaru andhis friends, at least he should respect his brother a little; but Naruto was perfect here, and with that last smile, now I'm sure we'll see a perfect Naruto, doing everything to protect those that are important in his life, and he'll succeed in this task, because Naruto is a true man now!

@marq
Yes, this chapter was a must in the plot, and to tell the truth, Kishimoto would be retarded to skip this touching moments, after all, so many people here were expecting Naruto's development, and here it is. That panel with Jiraya and Naruto with the , we need to new outfit was perfect too, and just like you said, just a single panel was enough to understand how strong was their relationship; and I think the same applies to Naruto: with a few chapters, Kishimoto is being able to develop him perfectly, usually we must see and understand beyond the panels, then we can feel the true drama and emotion;
And I agree with you, now there's no room anymore to save Sasuke, because now Naruto understand how painful is to lose someone closer: Naruto lose Jiraya and Sasuke lose his family, but Naruto isn't seeking revenge; then, in his mind, probably he'll try to wonder why Sasuke cannot be just like him, and forget the revenge; and if he thinks carefully about it, he'll see that it's hard to convince someone like Sasuke, and his worries in this moment are Konoha and his friends, because the same Sasuke now wants to attack Konoha. But I'm sure Naruto will figure out the best way to deal with all these events...

nat
June 23, 2008, 05:16 PM
Amazing review! The emotional analysis was very deep.
It even increased the drama and sadness (if that is possible). Kishimoto is a master of touching scenes, and this chapter takes the cake...

I guess the next chapters will follow with Naruto's emotional growth. I expect him to be at the funeral and say some good words about his master. Not like Shikamaru who was obssessed with his grief and revenge, makes you think that Naruto is more mature than most of his age group. ( for the way he handled the situation)

Boagrious
June 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
Amazing review man, obrigado.
It really let's out emotions that are not easily recognized by us the readers.
We always have so much to expect that when Kishi comes up with a masterwork like
this we don't realize how great the manga is in every aspect of emotionality.

I seriously agree with every single detail that you uncovered about this chapter, which was a very necessary one to finally set the real differences between Sasuke and Naruto.
Naruto has matured so much, and it bothers me that Sakura is still unable to understand Naruto's feelings.

Another scene that I totally loved was when Iruka came in and split the ice cream in half like Jiraya, that was breathtaking, also shows me how alone Sasuke is right now. I wonder how would Sasuke react if Naruto was around when he heard the story of his bro.

In resume: excelent review, always looking forward to reading it after each chapter.

elmo11
June 24, 2008, 01:58 AM
great review pat! i completely understand where you are coming from regarding the emotional content in this chapter, its reeli becoming more and more unbearable to wait for chapters each week... you know and your reviews :), loved the cover page as well

anddre
June 24, 2008, 07:57 AM
Olá Pate de carne,

Keep the good work. :)

I don't have much to add except that the cover reminds me the work of Matt Wagner .

Kind Regards,
André

Saifi
June 24, 2008, 09:33 AM
Amazing review! The emotional analysis was very deep.
It even increased the drama and sadness (if that is possible). Kishimoto is a master of touching scenes, and this chapter takes the cake...

I guess the next chapters will follow with Naruto's emotional growth. I expect him to be at the funeral and say some good words about his master. Not like Shikamaru who was obssessed with his grief and revenge, makes you think that Naruto is more mature than most of his age group. ( for the way he handled the situation)

ya naruto has definitely matured, but then again he has been through a lot as well, and i fully agree with pat and most posters above that this chap was epic , but one thing that i wanted to add was that i dont think naruto's reaction to tsunade was that uncalled for, kakashi is right , naruto did understand how she felt, and if there werent other people in there that convo might have been different. because naruto probably thought that only tsunade was closer to J man than him, and he wanted to know that he wasnt alone in this( my opinion)

and as for sakura, she can be such a hag at times, she clearly doesn't get it, naruto should/could have told her to stfu

patedecarne
June 24, 2008, 10:21 AM
@e-nat & Saifi
Yes, a good funeral would suit perfectly here, but unfortunately, Jiraya was M.I.A and probably his body was lost right now; Pa knows the body's localization, and the fight took place on Amegakure, thus making his retrieval a little difficult. But I'm with you aboud some Naruto's words: it would be priceless, Naruto saying great things about Jiraya. If Naruto is admired right now, after his speech he'll be considered a perfect man;
And you brought a very importan point: Shikamaru is a genius with his I.Q higher than 200, and like I said, Sasuke is the ninja genius, but all of them lacks some serious maturity, and to my surprise, Naruto is being more mature than all of them, perfect aspect to be a hokage!

@Boagrious
De nada!
But now that you mentioned Sakura, I have the feeling that Sakura now shares strong feeling and emotions toward Naruto; The thing is: She doesn't know yet, and thus, cannot express them very well. But it's noticeable how Naruto is growing recently, and women like mature men; She's seeing Naruto become a great man, and in some point in the future, the feelings will be too strong to be hide in her heart. And I'll make a big prediction about it: probably in the final phase of Naruto, We'll see a perfect romantic moment involving Naruto And Sakura!

@elmo11
My only fear, elmo, it that Kishimoto could be spending all the drama content in these recent chapter, and in the future, only the battles would take place, but you know, Kishimoto is unpredictable, then everything can happen, but I'm sure we won't forget all these perfect moments in the last chapters; even if they're the last in the series, there's no way to just skip them...

@anddre
Don't worry, I'll try, and please take your time to visit mu future reviews!

lordHokage
June 24, 2008, 11:45 AM
Great review and keep it up. :kkthumbs

I agree with you on all points except for Konoha’s invasion and deciphering the code. Since Akatsuki already has seven tailed beasts, both Kisame and Madara said, that Hawk and Akatsuki isn’t powerful enough to destroy Konoha. I really think Shikamaru and the code breakers would have a difficult time breaking the code because they don’t know how Pervy Sage’s mind works. :blink

Boagrious
June 24, 2008, 01:27 PM
Great review and keep it up. :kkthumbs

I agree with you on all points except for Konoha’s invasion and deciphering the code. Since Akatsuki already has seven tailed beasts, both Kisame and Madara said, that Hawk and Akatsuki isn’t powerful enough to destroy Konoha. I really think Shikamaru and the code breakers would have a difficult time breaking the code because they don’t know how Pervy Sage’s mind works. :blink

hehe. But Naruto does.

Saifi
June 24, 2008, 01:36 PM
@e-nat & Saifi
De nada!
But now that you mentioned Sakura, I have the feeling that Sakura now shares strong feeling and emotions toward Naruto; The thing is: She doesn't know yet, and thus, cannot express them very well. But it's noticeable how Naruto is growing recently, and women like mature men; She's seeing Naruto become a great man, and in some point in the future, the feelings will be too strong to be hide in her heart. And I'll make a big prediction about it: probably in the final phase of Naruto, We'll see a perfect romantic moment involving Naruto And Sakura!

even tho i think/know sakura doesnt deserve naruto (NaruHina4lyf) but i can see that happening , kinda like berserk, where she realises that this "friend" cares for her much more than the one she fancies (which is all it ever was, an academy crush), so ya i can totally see that but i hope by time sakura realizes that she likes naruto , naruto would have runts of his own with hinata.

i donno, one could argue that j man would use a code that is familiar to konoha but unknown to pain. so it might not be as difficult top crack , unless of course its one of those things where the answer is right in front of you , you just cant tell, i got faith in the code breakers :)

-------------------

As far as naruto showing maturity , he always could deal with death/loss better than others, i mean even when he thought his precious sauske died by the hands of haku and went all kyuubi powered he still couldnt bring himself around to killing him. but these tears were definately not a breakdown and whiny crying , it was somehow manly, where you know that crying wont solve anything but the pain makes your eyes water anyway .

lordHokage
June 24, 2008, 01:49 PM
hehe. But Naruto does.

When Pervy Sage discovered Pein’s secret identity and realized that the child of prophecy was Naruto not Pein, he prepared a coded message for Naruto’s eyes only. That’s way I believe that Konoha’s code breakers would not succeed. :D

Askia32
June 25, 2008, 02:17 AM
You have an amazing natural talent of writing reviews. It was like I was hoping it would never end. Great job.
[hr]

When Pervy Sage discovered Pein’s secret identity and realized that the child of prophecy was Naruto not Pein, he prepared a coded message for Naruto’s eyes only. That’s way I believe that Konoha’s code breakers would not succeed. :D

Good catch, you made me a believer.

lordHokage
June 25, 2008, 09:49 AM
Good catch, you made me a believer.

I think at the end of the day, there is going to be two different interpretation of Pervy Sage’s coded messages, Konoha's code breakers vs. Naruto. :D

patedecarne
June 25, 2008, 11:16 AM
Well, could be a possibility that the code was directed to Naruto, like Lord Hokage said, but in my thoughts, If the code was directed to Konoha instead, some time Naruto would find out about it. What Saifi said is valid too, the code's main purpose just to hid its contents from Pain, and in my mind, the prophecy is also related with the code, and like Great toad said, the world could be destroyed; then, adressing to code to Konoha would high the chances for preparing a large mass countermeasure, at the same time Naruto could be training in some place, but to tell for sure now is a bit risky!

Ah, and Askia32, thanks for the comment, and please be sure to check out my future reviews!

lordHokage
June 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Pervy Sage’s coded message was the last thing on Naruto’s mind, all of his concentration was on Granny Tsunade. :blink

Saifi
June 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
thx for the back up pat ! and ofcourse i wouldnt rule out the possibility that its meant for naruto and may6be those closest to him, i mean if tsunade's bust size is one of the clues, then the key could be the books, which could lead up to naruto finding out about the story of the gallant naruto(jiraya).

@ Lady hokage : true, but then again at the time he wanted to mourn rather than go about business as usual, i guess hell learn that being being hokage you cant wear you heart on your sleeve.
ps: your Avatar is Super Kwai !

lordHokage
June 26, 2008, 03:17 PM
@ Lady hokage : true, but then again at the time he wanted to mourn rather than go about business as usual, i guess hell learn that being being hokage you cant wear you heart on your sleeve.
ps: your Avatar is Super Kwai !

Naruto will be mourning for a long time, breaking the code would not be so easy. :crying

Side Note: Thanks. :)

patedecarne
June 26, 2008, 03:40 PM
Well, Naruto isn't exactly we can call a "detective", hehe! Probably he'll be stuck in its meanings, because at first, I don't think Naruto will be able to create some connections about it...

Then, it could take some time working about the code, unless the code is something very personal to Naruto, something that Jiraya has said in the past training, for example!

lordHokage
June 26, 2008, 06:21 PM
Well, Naruto isn't exactly we can call a "detective", hehe! Probably he'll be stuck in its meanings, because at first, I don't think Naruto will be able to create some connections about it...

Then, it could take some time working about the code, unless the code is something very personal to Naruto, something that Jiraya has said in the past training, for example!

Maybe that one of the many unknown things Pervy Sage taught Naruto but I still think that Naruto is going to take his sweet time breaking the code. :blink

rsrl
June 27, 2008, 09:56 AM
my review...
a little less crying and little more doing something about it... more action... yes i want more action... more battles more new jutsus