PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol 12 (Chap 92 - 100) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

kirimi
June 25, 2008, 09:12 AM
The 91th chapter is out! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33738)!!

As usual, go ahead discuss and predict Fairy Tail :)

Koen
June 25, 2008, 06:28 PM
Well nothing much happened but we can expect the great thing upcoming chapters.

For a second I feared natsu wasn't going to play no role in this arc. But seeing him at the end makes me feel good. He'll help erza out and he'll join the fight. If he finds the place of course :)

rakkynon
June 26, 2008, 04:29 AM
Well like all Fairy Tail fights (except Natsu vs Iron-Dragon), the fight between Erza and sexy nee-chan ended pretty fast, but i dont care about it since it's Erza :P

Like koenosaki said, i wasnt too expecting Natsu to go to help Erza. It looks like something bad will happen to make Natsu mad when he arrives...maybe he will do some uber-super move that will stop Aetherion, who knows...

Also, i hope to see the secret of Zieg&Gerard in the next chapter.

kat_at_heart
June 26, 2008, 05:12 AM
Hmmm.....this chapter was actually a lot better than I expected it to be, ikaruga could have lasted a bit longer however. I think next chapter will be a made up of a bit of natsu running, a bit of erza being beaten up by Gerard and then finally natsu will show up before the chapter ends.

hatsuharupeace
June 26, 2008, 05:17 AM
Looking forward to seeing an Erza and Natsu team-up to beat Gerald. But what the hell is up with him looking exactly the same as Sieglein???

Shiro-kun
June 27, 2008, 03:39 PM
Looking forward to seeing an Erza and Natsu team-up to beat Gerald. But what the hell is up with him looking exactly the same as Sieglein???

Iono, Must be duplicates of each other or thier much more of their past to be explored...

Organizized
June 29, 2008, 05:11 PM
Oh, what, Ikaruga's already down? Getting rid of that armor sure made Erza superkiller in an instant. Perhaps she became ten times faster without her armor or something making her the strongest fighting queen of all time, but I still would have wanted to see a bit more fighting. Great chapter nonetheless! :D

I don't think next chapter will reveal the secret between Sieg and Gerard, but it'll happen soon enough. I'm really aching to see what history those two share. Next chapter I think will show us Gerard completely overpowering Erza, a couple of pages with Natsu searching for them, a few shots of the worried nakama escaping from the tower, perhaps a few shots of the council, then Erza being beaten to a pulp when suddenly saved by Natsu as he arrives on the last page.

Well, something like that at least. :p

KaNx
July 02, 2008, 10:19 AM
The 93th chapter is out! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34201)!!

As usual, go ahead discuss and predict Fairy Tail :)

rakkynon
July 02, 2008, 12:29 PM
NO! T_T I dont want Erza to die!

Leo Seta
July 02, 2008, 12:49 PM
As cnet said in his translation, Aetherion will have over two billion, seven hundred million Ideas (probably rounded up to be a nice Three billion) and will be the Magic for the R system. Was a really nicely drawn chapter, Erza was badass until she went and got stupid and trusting on us, but everyone saw that coming already.

Bring on the next chapter, I wanna see some Natsu action! >.<

Shiro-kun
July 02, 2008, 06:31 PM
Gerald Is a sick son of a female dog, using the sympathy tactic to get Erza to believe him :darn, but He planned this out so very well as explain above he planned every single step didnt ?to reach his goal that is ....

I wonder whats in store for the next chapters , it seems to be getting pretty exiting:amuse

Stop
July 02, 2008, 09:33 PM
Damn that bastard D:

Asva
July 03, 2008, 01:18 AM
How amusing. It's really hard to guess that the council is accidently helping complete the R-system, Ain't so? "-_-
And let me take another guess. Natsu will be able to stop athelon by himself now, Ain't so?
It's the two easiest guesses I've ever made.(And there's a lot of chances it's true.)
If you forget the obvious in this chapter, it's a great one ^^

rakkynon
July 03, 2008, 01:45 AM
I've thought about this...but can Sieglein and Gerard can be the SAME person? Even it isnt, we'll find out it in the next chapter mostly...but i really wonder how they will survive.

Btw stopping Aetherion...how about the Makarov? (this was his name right?)

Koen
July 03, 2008, 11:46 AM
well for a minute I was thinking gerad wanted natsu to come. For a minuted I believe he planned out everything to get natsus power in that aetherion blast. But I was wrong the guy played a dirty trick with erza and I hope that it won't be her end and that she somewho will feel that gerad was all lieing.

Organizized
July 03, 2008, 01:52 PM
I've thought about this...but can Sieglein and Gerard can be the SAME person? Even it isnt, we'll find out it in the next chapter mostly...but i really wonder how they will survive.

I've had the same idea for a damn while now, and the latest actions of Gerard and Sieglein seem to really speak for it.. I mean, Sieglein said it's for his dream that they're firing the Atherion. Isn't it also Gerard's dream? Yes, it darn well is. It also explains why they look identical and Sieg knows everything about Gerard's intentions. And when Sieg had persuaded the rest of the council to fire the Aetherion (except the badass old geezer xD), Gerard said something about Sieglein being out of the game. Meaning he placed Sieglein (himself...somehow) in the council only to make them fire the Aetherion and when they had all given in, Sieg was out of the game, he had fulfilled his purpose.

Yup, I believe so.

kat_at_heart
July 03, 2008, 03:53 PM
This chapter was better than I actually though it would be, I’m glad in a way that there wasn’t any major battle but thought that it could have been a bit longer. Gerard tricking erza like that was to be expected from the very moment she took her blade away from him but we knew that anyway. The best part of this chapter had to be Gerard’s evil smile I don’t know why lol it was just amazing. XD

Organizized
July 03, 2008, 05:24 PM
Okay, so.. The Aetherion has been fired and the R system is complete.. Zeref will rise again and fight.. Natsu? :O Now that'd be something.

Em_Leingod
July 03, 2008, 05:48 PM
Okay its obvious that the required magic is in the Aetherion. But... how are Natsu and the others going to survive? :o

rakkynon
July 04, 2008, 02:05 AM
And when i last looked, the Aetherion has HIT the tower, crushing the top... :\

hyn_pride93
July 04, 2008, 10:28 PM
from the looks of how everything went in this chapter, it showed us the Gerard is one mother @*!?.

descendant
July 07, 2008, 05:42 AM
gerard and Sieglein are most probably the same person. the sieglein at the council is most probably an imaginary body. if u look back in chapter 23, erza met sieglein before the trial and it was only his imaginary body.
i predict that the Aetherion will power up the R system but erza wont be the sacrifice, natsu will save her.
gerard will probably be the sacrifice for zeref. maybe zeref will take over his body or something and we'll see more chapters on fairy tail fighting with zeref

hatsuharupeace
July 09, 2008, 10:53 AM
The newest chapter is out! Go grab it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34660)!!!

As usual, go ahead discuss and predict the latest chapter of Fairy Tail!!!

rakkynon
July 09, 2008, 12:04 PM
I told ya, they were the same person! Good thing that Erza didnt die, but now she's in danger again, against probably a more powerful Gerard/Sieglein...

Organizized
July 09, 2008, 05:07 PM
No shock here either.. This chapter was pretty much just like I expected with alot of *gasp*s and "omfg aetherion"s and then the Gerard=Sieglein theory being confirmed. Good chapter, not great but good.

I had a thought.. Since Sieglein was powerful enough to be in the council in which there are only the strongest of the strongest mages, could it be that almost all his power was transferred into that body and that he didn't fight Erza with that much of his own power at all? That'd explain how she could beat someone in the council. Or did she grow that strong just by taking her armor off? She's going down now though, since Gerard is going Zeref on her.

Next chapter.. I suppose we'll see the power of Zeref and how much stronger Gerard became all of a sudden and FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, bring on Natsu already!

barbapapa
July 09, 2008, 06:24 PM
This manga is just ridiculous right now.

Koen
July 09, 2008, 07:07 PM
This arc makes me losing my faith in this manga. I'll wait till a scan comes out to understand more of it but nah I don't enjoy this at all, pretty boring if you ask me

descendant
July 09, 2008, 09:05 PM
ceyy exactly as i had predicted
probably after this we will see natsu beating gerard to save erza but i don't think gerard will be beaten on the spot now he has zeref's power
this arc is going to be long~
somehow this is getting similar to rave

roku-sky
July 09, 2008, 10:01 PM
-_- I was kind of hoping for something that'd shock and surprise me... meh.

bittman
July 09, 2008, 10:32 PM
Fairy Tail has never been about awesomely massive plot twists or giant revelations in the way Naruto, Bleach and One Piece do them, however it keeps with it's easy to understand story, solid character development and unique battles.

So on the chapter, expected - sure. Necessary - sure. If it was anything more complicated, I probably would have hated it.

Aphalite
July 09, 2008, 11:30 PM
FINALLY!

this whole manga has been such a drag ever since the awesomeness of the guild fight and leo -_-

but FINALLY things are getting into gear, I'm excited about the next chapters that are coming up :)

BinCs
July 10, 2008, 01:52 AM
I rereading current arc and.. That's odd.
In chap. 46 Sieg's words for Natsu was "Keep on burning for the sake of my dream."
But Gerard said that he only wanted to fight with Natsu, isn't it?
Gerard and Sieg the same person, but.. What with this words of their? I mean, Gerard alomst accomplish his goal... And Natsu don't even got a role in his plan, that's confusing me. :darn
I would be grateful if someone explain this. :)

descendant
July 10, 2008, 02:10 AM
i believe that natsu has powerful magic that may prove to be useful to sieg/gerard. maybe he'll exploit natsu in his plans to conquer the world of magic haha who knows.
my theory is.. if sieg fail to convince the council to fire aetherion he may have to use natsu's magic to power up the R-system.
as for gerard saying he wants to fight natsu well.. he might want to test his own magic power to see whose magic power is stronger.. his or natsu's

well it's just my crappy theory LOL XD

drakend
July 10, 2008, 06:51 AM
I rereading current arc and.. That's odd.
In chap. 46 Sieg's words for Natsu was "Keep on burning for the sake of my dream."
But Gerard said that he only wanted to fight with Natsu, isn't it?
Gerard and Sieg the same person, but.. What with this words of their? I mean, Gerard alomst accomplish his goal... And Natsu don't even got a role in his plan, that's confusing me. :darn
I would be grateful if someone explain this. :)
Do you know the pleasure you have when you fight (and winning above all) an opponent who has your same level of skills/power? I think that the Gerard - Natsu relationship is of this kind: there is only one BIG problem tough. Gerard is a nuke of 100 Megaton, Natsu is a nuke of 1 Megaton!!! :D

BinCs
July 10, 2008, 07:21 AM
Do you know the pleasure you have when you fight (and winning above all) an opponent who has your same level of skills/power? I think that the Gerard - Natsu relationship is of this kind: there is only one BIG problem tough. Gerard is a nuke of 100 Megaton, Natsu is a nuke of 1 Megaton!!! :D
I don't think their relationship is something like this. Plus the problem that you mentioned is not only BIG, it's VERY-VERY BIG. Gerard now is like Aizen, for sure. :eyeroll

descendant
July 10, 2008, 07:27 AM
Gerard is a nuke of 100 Megaton, Natsu is a nuke of 1 Megaton!!! :D

haha like i said natsu may still have hidden power in him
like erza said in this chapter (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/59/17/) "there is still untapped power sleeping within you"
plus natsu won't be going against gerard by himself, the fairy tail guild is with him all the way :amuse

kat_at_heart
July 10, 2008, 08:02 AM
Wow this chapter jumped into things allot quicker then expected but was quite good.
@descendent
I don’t think he will have fairy tail with him, maybe erza but I can see Lucy, Gray and Luvia coming to help out.

descendant
July 10, 2008, 08:42 AM
haha what i meant is later in this series, i'm sure gerard will form his own army or guild and i bet urtear is going to be one of the member huhu ^^

Assymilum
July 10, 2008, 08:45 AM
*sighs* This turns predictably predictable. :notrust

About the "Gerard is Sieglein" theory, it's been going around and around this world for some time already, thus it didn't surprise me (much). The only reaction this chapter got from me was a simple "oh" during when Sieg appeared in front of Erza and Gerard.

I agree with BinCs -- Gerard is very similar to Aizen right now. The only difference would probably be that he's gonna be defeated in this arc, as always from Mashima Hiro-sensei (arc has a villain, *insert some detailing here*, they met up with the villain + his/her minions, finally Natsu (in Rave, change Natsu into Haru) faces the villain, the villain got pwned, the story continues), unlike how Aizen flee from Soul Society on Bleach.

For goodness sake, I WANT NATSU!! ...And also I expect better from the next chapter and upcoming ones.

drakend
July 10, 2008, 11:57 AM
For goodness sake, I WANT NATSU!! ...And also I expect better from the next chapter and upcoming ones.
Well in next chapter we'll see Natsu with a tail, with dragon's eyes, spouting out flames and such. Perhaps he'll be berserk as well... uhm I remember Ichigo too much... :P

Shiro-kun
July 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
^ We will see Natsu eventually in action, its inevitable lol

But anyways i wonder how long Sieg/Gerald well last in the series, he might be a long term villain or just another puppet for a long term villain (Zeref) ...or both if you really consider that..although as said before he could just be a arc villain.

devious_bookworm@c
July 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
I feel sorry to say that this arc is kind of lagging right now. From the looks of things, this story arc may take a while and... I'm kind of losing interest in Fairy Tale because of it... Still, I was kind of shocked at the whole Sieg = Gerard revelation. ^.^;;

Thiagaum
July 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
Gotta agree with you guys... this new arc is somewhat dissapointing...
Of course it's is a cool thing knowing more about the past of one the series coolest character (Erza =D), but I spected better fights, better surprises and a better villain.
Oh c'mon! Sieglein/Gerard fighting now?!! That can only mean we going to see Zeref rising and Natsu getting some huge power boost after seeing Erza taking some nice beating. Actually i'm starting to think that we are going to see Gerard joining the group some point later on.
Well, hope he does beat Natsu (although I also want to see Natsu become stronger), and he keeping his role as the main villain. Aizen look-a-like? Not yet. He does have the pottential thought.

descendant
July 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
Actually i'm starting to think that we are going to see Gerard joining the group some point later on.

i thought so too :tem
seems like a tradition for the bad guys to join the good guys in this manga :p

bittman
July 14, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking Sieg/Gerard will just end up retreating or winning, but not resurrecting Zeref. To me Sieg has been in the manga since page 1, so his defeat would be rather anti-climactic. Pitting Natsu against one of the 10 Holy Mages and hoping for him to win seems a bit ridiculous right now. Even Erza shouldnt be able to beat a Holy mage (see the Phantom fight).

That said, remember being recently introduced to Magical Fusion? If Natsu and Erza fight together, this brand new thing will be as inevitable to appear as the tide.

Raysen_ht
July 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
next chapter tomorrow!!
My predictions...
Sieg/Gerard will fight Natsu+Erza, and in the middle of the fight something will go wrong with his powers, and force him to escape!!

in the short future:
Zeref will ultimatly leave Sieg Body, and leave him to die...

hatsuharupeace
July 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
The newest chapter is out! Go grab it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35155)!!!

Rena Chan
July 16, 2008, 11:21 AM
You didn't sticky it and unsticky the previous one O_o

fluke32
July 16, 2008, 09:18 PM
Is it just me or do I smell the end of the story coming too soon..? (Or was that my beef steak getting burnt?)

Shiro-kun
July 16, 2008, 09:18 PM
^I thought the chapter wasnt out for a moment lol

Good chapter,Natsu saves Erza for the moment and We finally get to see Natsu fight Sieg/Gerald..i wonder if Natsu is going win or lose this battle :blink

hatsuharupeace
July 16, 2008, 09:24 PM
@Rena-chan: Not a mod of the section, so I can't unstick and stick threads. :p

kat_at_heart
July 17, 2008, 05:05 AM
This chapter was quite good but now I’m confused, what was Urtear doing? Is she dead?
It was quite dramatic when Natsu decided to punch Erza in the stomach, although it went against is character hitting a woman.
My prediction for next chapter is Natsu getting the crap beat out of him.

BinCs
July 17, 2008, 05:42 AM
95 chap. was good. And the next one is gonna be really interesting! Since the name of next chapter is "Meteor" I think Natsu is gonna show to us new move or something like that. :p

Broken
July 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
I was kinda bummed that Gray was not able to save Erza with that whole chapter dedicated to the both of them when they were kids and the major hint that they will be together it's a shame that he was not able to save her.

although the interest that gerard had in natsu was a major hint that he would fight him i didn't think that it would take place so soon.

Organizized
July 19, 2008, 06:54 AM
About time Natsu appeared. This was a rather good chapter, better than the last one.. And I hope the manga is going to get better from this point.on.

Aphalite
July 20, 2008, 11:40 AM
This chapter was quite good but now I’m confused, what was Urtear doing? Is she dead?

Time Ark is a forbidden magic technique, probably along ur's iced shell technique, so I would expect that she is sacrificing her life in order to seal the whole council. What I'm wondering is if the manga will tell us the background story of why urtear is so devoted to gerard.

I'm hoping to see some actual transformation techniques from natsu, like the beginnings of some wings or something which could give him a power boost

hyn_pride93
July 20, 2008, 11:38 PM
I thought this chapter was pretty cool. I just loved it when Natsu came in, saved Erza and then knocked her out!!!! That reminds me so much of a Vegeta move just before he went into battle with Buu I think.

Just like how Vegeta knocked out Trunks, Natsu knocked out Erza. Why? So that he could make sure that had nothing to worry about again. With Gerard out of the way, then Erza would most likely be able to sleep easier because she knows that his evilness would be out of the way for the time being, unless that girl with the Orb comes in and saves him so that he can live longer and recover from whatever attacks Natsu throws at him.

I think Natsu's true power is light. Fire is always associated with light. So for Natsu to have the power of light on his side, victories against darkness would be so much easier.

UchihaMadara
July 23, 2008, 12:52 PM
Im Guessing Natsu puts up a fight for 2 pages, gets his ass kicked for 8 pages, Has something said about Ezra and then goes into a rage and unleashes a new attack on the last page.

Raysen_ht
July 23, 2008, 07:31 PM
u looked at the chinese raw (it came out 11:30 am) right?!!
dont cheat

UchihaMadara
July 23, 2008, 09:22 PM
u looked at the chinese raw (it came out 11:30 am) right?!!
dont cheat

No thats just pretty much how his fights go.

Raysen_ht
July 23, 2008, 09:24 PM
that only happened against that lullaby guy...

anyway, congrats on ure prediction.... thats exactly what happened this chapter

roku-sky
July 23, 2008, 10:00 PM
Nah, he got the ending a bit off. It's not a new attack, he just thought of a different way of defeating Gerald - without fighting him per say. :p

tobz
July 24, 2008, 03:40 AM
damm i love this chapter its a good chapter compared to this boring arc

hyn_pride93
July 24, 2008, 05:49 AM
that only happened against that lullaby guy...

anyway, congrats on ure prediction.... thats exactly what happened this chapter

lol!!!!

that's so damn funny!!!!

why cheat like that wen you can just give everyone the damn raw u know? that way more people will spend time thankin u instead of thinkin that u can predict things head on..

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 06:24 AM
But the raw was out since 11:30 am yesterday on this site...
it was, shockingly enough, on the Fairy tail RAW thread...

hyn_pride93
July 24, 2008, 06:32 AM
hey you guys... why hasn't the latest Fairy Tail chapter come out yet on ONEMANGA?!!!!! I need to read (in english) now!!!

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 06:34 AM
there were some problem with the japanese Raw... and they dont use the Chinese one, cuzz its to troublesome to clean

hyn_pride93
July 24, 2008, 06:38 AM
ohh ok!!!! mahalo nui loa e Raysen_ht.

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 06:45 AM
mahalo nui loa??

What´s up with that gay outfit of Gerard?!

hyn_pride93
July 24, 2008, 06:51 AM
What do mean that gay outfit?!

Mahalo Nui Loa is Hawaiian. It means thank you very much.

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 07:01 AM
Didnt u look at the chinese raw??

whats up with that really tight outfit he wears beneath his robe?

EDIT: Ahh and thanks for the hawaiian lesson :)

hatsuharupeace
July 24, 2008, 08:03 AM
The newest chapter is out!, check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35633)!

RyuSensei
July 24, 2008, 08:13 AM
This chapter was awesome lol.
Thought the fight was going a bit fast but I guess that's how it works in FT, always been like that, I hope it'll atleast go on for 2 or 3 chapters.

Natsu's best ability is finally useful: DESTROY THINGS, I'm sure he's gonna use like an awesome attack and destroy half of the tower or something like that, or maybe try to while fighting and when he doesn't expect it break a big part of it.

hatsuharupeace
July 24, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking he'll show us some new form of Dragon power, maybe one that transforms bits of him into a dragon, like wings, or claws?

RyuSensei
July 24, 2008, 08:32 AM
That would be cool, like the wings of fire he had once, or maybe that hidden power that Erza was talking about, the true power of the dragon slayers o.O

hyn_pride93
July 24, 2008, 09:44 AM
um... no. I haven't seen the chinese raw yet. where is it?

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 09:48 AM
As i said before... In the Fairy tail RAW thread...

Here
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7130&page=4____last post of the page

Organizized
July 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
Well I don't have a problem with gay outfits but that one is f-u-g-l-y. Seriously, Gerald was never cool but there's no need making him look like an aerobics clown.

hyn_pride93
July 24, 2008, 10:45 AM
what the hell are you guys talking about!?

that suit isn't that best looking one, but that sure as hell isn't anywhere near ugly. that suit's pretty frikin cool looking. I like the whole design of it. It's more of that sleek, hand-to-hand combat fighting kind of suit. OH!!! it's like an under armor suit except even better.

gosh you guys are so bleh. come on now... lol... that outfit so isn't that bad.

Organizized
July 24, 2008, 10:54 AM
I'll say it once more (and in the right thread this time): Geralds outfit is so goddamn ugly. Nonetheless, this chapter was the best in a while so lets hope for a bit of a longer fight than usual and we might get another 3-4 chapters like this.

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 10:56 AM
Well I don't have a problem with gay outfits but that one is f-u-g-l-y. Seriously, Gerald was never cool but there's no need making him look like an aerobics clown.

hauhauhauh.... couldnt agree more!!

what the hell are you guys talking about!?

that suit isn't that best looking one, but that sure as hell isn't anywhere near ugly. that suit's pretty frikin cool looking. I like the whole design of it. It's more of that sleek, hand-to-hand combat fighting kind of suit. OH!!! it's like an under armor suit except even better.

gosh you guys are so bleh. come on now... lol... that outfit so isn't that bad.

The design is kind of cool, but why so friging tight?? i think he looked much more like a dark caracter, with the robe...

Rena Chan
July 24, 2008, 11:02 AM
The first post needs to be edited to link to the RTS thread :p

coungpow
July 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
The link appears to be broken.

Organizized
July 24, 2008, 11:04 AM
Guys, I'm just saying.. We're discussing in the wrong thread.. There's a thread for 96 now too. Just thought I'd mention it. :p

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
ooops sorry... if a moderator see this... please move it to the right thread and delete this massage

Rena Chan
July 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
Apparently someone deleted the scanlation topic(s) for that (maybe for using Chinese Raws that were watermarked for scanlation)?

Anyway, we need to wait for the topic creator/mod/admin to edit the first post to link to the RTS thread. Can't do anything about it...

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
I want to know what heppened to the concil members...

RyuSensei
July 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's not like something happened to them imo, they're just crying over the fact that the satellite weapon didn't work lol.

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah... maybe... but i still want to know anyway..

aquavi
July 24, 2008, 12:26 PM
Weren't they also trapped in the building that Urtear was crushing? Or something like that?

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thats what we know happened, but do u think any of them died? And what happened to Urtear?

RyuSensei
July 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well, it's the council, probably half of them are part of the Ten Great Holy Mages, I doubt the damages taken from a building would actually kill them, as for Urtear she might be hiding herself like she did previously in order to run away easily.

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 01:20 PM
As u said, many of them are probably part of the 10 mages..., i dont think they would have let Urtear get away so easely... imo opinion she sacrificed her life for Sieglein/Gerard... or maybe just her freedom

Pirulito
July 24, 2008, 07:25 PM
Like Gerard, Urtear is main villain. She probably isnt a card out of deck and she have a background (Ur) to continue in plot, in my opinion.

Raysen_ht
July 24, 2008, 07:39 PM
Than how do u think she escaped?

Pirulito
July 24, 2008, 08:28 PM
I dunno.
This isnt a problem for me to resolve, anyway. Then, pass it.
But Urtear has much more to show.

kat_at_heart
July 25, 2008, 05:42 AM
This chapter was great but what the hell was going on with Gerard’s outfit, I actually thought he looked quite sexy in his previous outfit.
I loved the fact that fairy tails talent for destroying everything around them has become useful as well.

Raysen_ht
July 25, 2008, 07:03 AM
I also think that his outfit is kind of gay.... its too tight
And i dont get the point of taking off the robe... its not like he couldnt do the meteor thing with the robe...

RyuSensei
July 25, 2008, 07:45 AM
Basic physics. His robe would have slowed him down.

Raysen_ht
July 25, 2008, 07:49 AM
off course!!! I should have known that...

Koen
July 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
hmmm, I loved this chapter but I didn't like the meteor magic thing. Now I wonder, if natsu is going to fight sieg/gerad. Suppose he defeats him, who's next then? Will zeref revive?

Raysen_ht
July 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
There are infinite possibilites koenosaki... maybe someone who is trying to destroy magic itself... or it can be some kind of evil dragons attack... or an alian invasion (lol)! it can be anything...

But i dont think Natsu will defeat Gerard... i think he will destroy the R sistem though

I didnt like the metor magic eather... it doesnt seem very creative imo

RyuSensei
July 25, 2008, 01:04 PM
It seems a bit too early for Natsu to beat an opponent like Sieg, imo he'll just manage to survive and destroy the R system, and maybe after some more arc and training when Natsu will reach Sieg's level the latter will appear in a new arc and there will be an epic fight.

Koen
July 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
Well with this is something I really don't agree with. It's about time natsu shows us more. He has a feared, famous, maybe legendary magic and I think it's now the opportunity to show what he's capable of. Don't misunderstand me, I really don't say natsu is weak but he's fighting an opponent who'll get the maximum out of him, it's the strongest he has faced up untill now. Yeah you're right, he'll destroy the R system but for that he'll have to come up with something very powerfull, some new magical trick:
1. to stop sieg/gerad since he'll do everything to avoid natsu's plan
2. to destroy the R system itself

Raysen_ht
July 25, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yes i agree that its about time Natsu Show us what his magic REALLY can do!!
And this fight is a perfect opportunity to take it to the next level imo...

When Natsu destroys the tower, Sieg will escape to fight another day... i really dont think he will be defeated now... especially after "becoming whole" again. I mean, only a part of him had enough power to become a member of the council! Not only that, but 1 of the 10 mages!!
Imagine how strong he is now that he has his full power back!

Stop
July 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
Oh man this chapter makes me wish they had an anime to this.

aquavi
July 26, 2008, 04:38 PM
The only issue with destroying the R system I see, plot wise, is that Zeroff seems to be some sort of Major Big Bad since he's been mentioned to have something to do with previous story arcs (the deadly flute and Gray's ice monster) so I would figure summoning him would have a great significance to the overall plot. I just have a feeling that the R system isn't quite what Gerard has been envisioning... Or it's possible the the R system is more of a means to give Zeroff a body so that he doesn't have to go around possessing people.

And with a name like 'Fairy Tail' I'd wonder why there is no evil being that is simple evil for the sake of it. ;9

Krisel
July 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
Hah...This chap has totally satisfied me.I thought Jerald would have cooler attacks.The super blast was very cool,but the supersonic speed wasnt any interesting.Natsu is really suppah! great he make's me laugh while im worried about his ass being kicked...AWSOME!!! ; >

Kazi
July 29, 2008, 03:46 AM
Awesome fight! i hope this fight will continue at least 3 chaps
i really would like to see natsu improve his power and become half of a dragon xD ... that would be interessting ^^

well, we will see what extreme rage can do ... and how it will strengthen his flame ^^

Raysen_ht
July 29, 2008, 06:58 AM
OOhhhh I dont want rage to have anything to do with his power.... that´s the most overused clishe of manga in all times!!!!!
but i do want the fight to last 2 or 3 more chapters, and i do want to see Natsu power up, showing us all the potencial of his "legendary" magic

Krisel
July 29, 2008, 07:22 AM
Yep,i feel the same way like Ray-san.Rage?!I dont want Fairly Tail to become Hulk-like.The real power of the dragon magic should be explained in a more interesting way than simply "when a dragon becomes enraged he gains a huge power boost" explanation.

RyuSensei
July 29, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hasn't it already been proven in previous chapters that feeling affect his flames? Moreover it might be the déjàvu thing but it's always been the best way to explain something about magic, how do you want to get another theory since it's already about something that doesn't exist, and don't get it wrong, it's even more obvious that it's rage since he's a DRAGON slayer, do you expect him to be stronger when he's more zen? Common get it straight, rage is cool, however we need saw him really enraged so we don't know how much it can affect his magic, what we really know about the dragon slayer thing is taht the more he eats fire the more powerful he is.

Krisel
July 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hasn't it already been proven in previous chapters that feeling affect his flames? Moreover it might be the déjàvu thing but it's always been the best way to explain something about magic, how do you want to get another theory since it's already about something that doesn't exist, and don't get it wrong, it's even more obvious that it's rage since he's a DRAGON slayer, do you expect him to be stronger when he's more zen? Common get it straight, rage is cool, however we need saw him really enraged so we don't know how much it can affect his magic, what we really know about the dragon slayer thing is taht the more he eats fire the more powerful he is.
Oh come on Ryu-sensei...I dont mind Natsu turning into Hulk and destroying everything with his raging magical flames of the pisssed off dragon.Its just too simple.Fairy tail is about magic.Magic is complicated and beautiful.Stronger magic is even more complicated and beautiful.If Natsu gains some stronger magic because he is totally pissed off,its too simple that it hurts*Whats the point in magic then?Whats the point of Fairy Tail?

Oh yes u are right about his anger afflicting his flames and i agree to but im still not satisfied,i do have the right to dream...Natsu is definitely goin to use some new cool magic...*Boohoo...wishing* :<
Anyway i forgot to comment that new Fairy Tail,hottie in glasses.I guess Fairy Tail is getting more and more hot.TOTALLY AWSOME!
Oh wait...she dislikes perverts?!NO WAY!!! :<

Kazi
July 30, 2008, 01:28 AM
yeah, feelings ... it sounds way better than rage xD
for the ones who are not satisfied with only rage ...

isnt it logical that rage raise his power, because he is a dragon slayer? oO
Never seen a Dragon who is cool and calm ... it's nature for dragons do be enraged

aquavi
July 30, 2008, 02:50 AM
Never seen a Dragon who is cool and calm ... it's nature for dragons do be enraged

That tends to depend on what series' dragons you're talking about- they tend to vary.

Kazi
July 30, 2008, 06:05 AM
That tends to depend on what series' dragons you're talking about- they tend to vary.

yeah, that's right ... I almost forgot that there is definitly a story with cool and calm dragons and they don't spit flames ... no ... they spit ice o_O

do you really want to discuss with me what the regular imagination of a dragon is? I don't hope so -_-

Raysen_ht
July 30, 2008, 07:46 AM
I agree that rage affects his power, but i want something else to be the main point of his magic!!
He is a Dragon slayer... not a dragon! I hope things are different for him, i want his magic to be extraordinary and awesome... and the rage thing is way overused imo, to be enough

Krisel
July 30, 2008, 09:05 AM
Yep,Yep.Im in the same thoughts as Ray-san.
I wonder why the dragon tought lil guyz Dragon SLAYER magic.They must be dumb noobs,a bunch of retards.
Anyway,i think that because of the magic Natsu and Jerald will use,the tower's accumulated magic will fly away...fly away.Yeaaaaa!
Just wait for a bit longer Zeref.Waiting for eternity will do the job,u big stohpid dark noob!

KaNx
July 30, 2008, 11:00 AM
The newest chapter is out!, check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36044)!

Organizized
July 30, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hmm, well I'm glad the fight is nowhere near over yet.. But all that happened this chapter was Natsu showing he can actually put up a fight, Gerald laughing at Shimon taking his attack, and then Natsu gets even more pissed. So... NEXT episode we might actually see him kick some ass (seems like that last punch hurt Gerald at least a bit). Well, that's what I can tell from the RAW with zero japanese skills. x)

BinCs
July 30, 2008, 12:51 PM
Well, pretty good chapter!
And Natsu is gonna show us the true power of dragon slayer magic in the next chapter named "Dragon Force". :)

RyuSensei
July 30, 2008, 12:59 PM
True that, and why? Cause he's badly furious.
Sorry for the feelingsfanbois lol.

BinCs
July 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
And he's eating part of tower at the end of the chapter. :D

Kazi
July 30, 2008, 02:54 PM

lol xD

yeah, good chapter ^^, but there is no action ^^'
i mean, at the end of chapter 96 Natsu is enraged and at the end of chapter 97 he is only more enraged xD ,,, i want the fight to continue but i also want a story xD

Krisel
July 30, 2008, 05:12 PM
I heard that!!!U lil...
Just admit it ure not even near of being sorry,ure laughing till the point your jaw is dropping dead.And what about feelingsfanbois,now that was mean,ill..ill remember this!: P
I just dont want Natsu to turn Giant,green,hideous.This is a magic manga dmnit.Show us some new cool magic u cheap-furious-scarfamander-freak!!!; >
I hope that natsu grows some flame-like wings and flys towards the sun.Then shoot some beam-like flame like etherion's beam but with degenerative power to incenerate even lachryma.Now that would be cool.Ok im asking for smth impossible,i know,dont take this bullsh*t i wrote too seriuosly.
But noooo Natsu has to be angry cuz his momma forgot to give him cookies for breakfast!

Pirulito
July 30, 2008, 05:15 PM

Dude, you should be less arrogant.

Even though I have not participated in the discussion about anger, dragon, etc in former chapter discussion thread, and even though I didn't disagree totally about your opinion there, I think you should respect more the opinions of other members, huh.
Your sentence in bold is totally unnecessary unless you have an intention to cause a mess.

Back to topic:
Natsu is furious but his increase in power is because he ate a part of the tower and the tower is filled up with etherion's power.

RyuSensei
July 30, 2008, 05:23 PM
Totally offtopic: Stop playing the mod dude, unless you've read the previous discussion thread you can't understand that we are all joking cause we don't agree with eachother in a totally normal way, we all want our ideas to be true, now instead of trying to be the good guy you should get more infos on what you're going to talk about. And don't answer, THAT would cause a mess.

Back on topic: Doesn't Natsu only eat fire usually v.v ?

drakend
July 31, 2008, 02:19 AM
Can someone tell me if Natsu has a dragon within himself or not? I'm starting having this doubt...

Krisel
July 31, 2008, 02:40 AM
@Ryu-sensei:*points at ryu*Hahahah!...Oh i shouldnt do that,its too cruel ; P(fufufu)
Well Sensei...*trying to act all cool and wise and answer him*
*silence*OMG!!!He ate lachryma filled with etherion messed up and unknown energy.
Natsu shouldnt eat stuff he finds around without identifying the nutritive components of food*coughs*lachryma...bleah.OMG WHAT IM TALKING?!...HE EATS FIRE!
@drakend:I have thought of it before.I really dont know but I got the feeling that Igneel really left him alone...(just what has happened?) and Natsu hasnt got the dragon inside him.
Now,I didnt really know that big d00d but...SHIMOOOOOOOOOOOON!; <
Oh well,he isnt gonna die just because that sissys strong magic!Plz...he was so cool and i knew it,he loved Erza.

Pirulito
July 31, 2008, 09:17 AM

I'm also a little bit confused.
Maybe Mashima explains right about it in next chapter or we invented the part about "only fire".

@drakend:I have thought of it before.I really dont know but I got the feeling that Igneel really left him alone...(just what has happened?) and Natsu hasnt got the dragon inside him.
Now,I didnt really know that big d00d but...SHIMOOOOOOOOOOOON!; <
Oh well,he isnt gonna die just because that sissys strong magic!Plz...he was so cool and i knew it,he loved Erza.

yup, Igneel left Natsu alone suddenly and also Metallicana left Gazille.

And I think Shimon died. To tell the truth, I want it.

RyuSensei
July 31, 2008, 10:47 AM
Well, maybe Natsu only ate fire until now cause it's the only thing that actually powers up his magic, but since he almost ate "solid" magic this time it might just be about the same thing, just that the fire is less powerful.

Krisel
July 31, 2008, 12:11 PM
Two moments that filled me with joy.
1)Shut yer trap!!!Lol i loved Natsu's face when he turned Jeralds head 180 degree.
2)And in the last page.He looked like a [B[pissed off at max,dragon god.[/B[
Like Uooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ; P
I hope Natsu grows fire wings on his back.That would be super cool*

Mystic Moon
July 31, 2008, 02:08 PM
Damn Natsu looks pissed. Wonder whats gona happen to Gerald if somebody doesnt calm him down. The tower is gonna probably get destroyed though.

kat_at_heart
July 31, 2008, 03:06 PM
ooo quite a good chapter
Natsu was really pissed at the end I hope he beats the crap out of Gerard next week.
oh yeah and at last Shimon died, all he did was get beaten up anyway.

Raysen_ht
July 31, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yes, very good chapter indeead!!
Ryusensey... guessed u won that argument (lol)... I have to agree that, even though it wasnt what i want, it was preety well made!! Natsu looks like he´s gonna mop the floor with Gerard´s face!!!!

About the eating the Lachrima... guess Natsu will discover that different things he eats gives him different kinds of power... (most things will give nothing, but some will work quite well... like this Etherion filled rock, that he just tasted)

I think he might get a bit out of control next chapter... he seems REALLY REALLY MAD

Mystic Moon
August 01, 2008, 03:03 PM
Its probably cuz Shimon died. Remember how he acted when the Phantom guild kidnapped Lucy. Natsu was pissed enough to threaten death via burning. Imagine how he feels now that one of his new friends got killed right in front of him??

darkband
August 02, 2008, 12:58 AM
Totally offtopic: Stop playing the mod dude, unless you've read the previous discussion thread you can't understand that we are all joking cause we don't agree with eachother in a totally normal way, we all want our ideas to be true, now instead of trying to be the good guy you should get more infos on what you're going to talk about. And don't answer, THAT would cause a mess.

No, he also eats other things like here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/3/19/). In the very beginning he demonstrated the ability to eat other things like that axe and augment his power by doing so.

Anyway, awesome chapter, and best part is Natsu bitch-slapping Gerard.

Mystic Moon
August 04, 2008, 01:37 PM
He didnt really eat it if you didnt notice, more like used it as a bullet. In the bottom right hand corner you can see he spat out the augment and shot it at the Balkan.

darkband
August 04, 2008, 07:04 PM
@Mystic Moon: thnx. I don't know how i missed that. I really don't know then whether he has eaten anything else. Since the crystals are filled with etherion though if he ate the like it looks it would probably power him up.

bax
August 06, 2008, 11:29 AM
The newest chapter is out!, check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36524)!

Wololo
August 06, 2008, 12:24 PM
RAAAAAWWWWRR. That pretty much describes the chapter, doesn't it?

Organizized
August 06, 2008, 12:33 PM
It does. Pure ownage chapter. I like how it looks like Siegerald pretends those beatings are nothing and tries to counterattack and go on with his plans, but is crushed even more. Well that's from the looks of it, I don't understand exactly what happens since I have close to no japanese skills. But the chapter is pretty much just full of Natsu ownage anyway. :p

BinCs
August 06, 2008, 12:35 PM
This chapter was simply awesome. *_*

Wololo
August 06, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hmm can't they get rid of Lucy somehow? Erza as the female lead/Natsu's potential romantic interest would be far better.

OPNpwnz
August 06, 2008, 06:20 PM
That chap was absolutely awesome, but the title of th next chap scares me a bit "Titania Falls"

bittman
August 06, 2008, 06:26 PM
Oh dear, I would turn gay for Natsu. Awesome chapter!

And yes, RAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR describes the chapter very well.

Wololo
August 06, 2008, 07:15 PM
That chap was absolutely awesome, but the title of th next chap scares me a bit "Titania Falls"

the important part was omitted it's actually "Titania falls for Natsu" ;)

Jokes aside, I've been thinking about that and my first thought was that Natsu might attack her seeing how he looks totally evil on that last page, however going by what he shouts in this chapter he doesn't lose himself so that doesn't make sense. There's no one else left there who can harm Erza so my guess would be that it's a metaphor of some sort. Erza was called Titania because of her armor. Now that she has overcome the need put a barrier between her and everyone else this might be the "end" of Titania.

LoS
August 06, 2008, 07:34 PM
"Sets his WICKED wings aflame."

That implies that with his awakening he has lost part of himself, similar to Elfman and his complete body take over fiasco. Also check out Natsu's skin on the last page, he is starting to form Dragon Scales.

Aphalite
August 06, 2008, 08:00 PM
The chapter was awesome but I am disappointed that he didn't use any special skills or techniques or anything, like name them and then shout them out... lol

LoS
August 06, 2008, 08:14 PM
The chapter was awesome but I am disappointed that he didn't use any special skills or techniques or anything, like name them and then shout them out... lol

I guess you did not notice that he grew wings of flame and flew upward?

Raysen_ht
August 06, 2008, 08:17 PM
AWESOME CHAPTER

But im kind of confused by the notion that he had to "eat" Aetherion to have the full power of his dragon slayer!?! That doesnt make sence... its far more likely that he would never come in contact with anything like that... (even if he did... he would be dead)
Also... i wanted him to use some kind of special move...something different and cool (the wings dont count... they are not different)... but the chapter was RRRRORRRROROOOOOOAAAAAAAOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR like people have said...

Wololo
August 06, 2008, 08:41 PM
AWESOME CHAPTER

But im kind of confused by the notion that he had to "eat" Aetherion to have the full power of his dragon slayer!?! That doesnt make sence... its far more likely that he would never come in contact with anything like that... (even if he did... he would be dead)

It's not that Aetherion was a requirement to show his full power. Natsu simply needed an enormous amount of magical power. Originally the dragon slayer was meant to fight dragons. Had Natsu fought against a firedragon he could have probably absorbed the necessary power from its flames, but since there was no dragon around he had to use the crystalized magic Aetherion instead.

"Sets his WICKED wings aflame."

That implies that with his awakening he has lost part of himself, similar to Elfman and his complete body take over fiasco. Also check out Natsu's skin on the last page, he is starting to form Dragon Scales.

"Wicked wings" isn't enough to base this on. He has those scales ever since page 6 and then comes his emotional monologue up to page 15 which prooves that he hasn't lost himself yet.

Aphalite
August 06, 2008, 09:27 PM
I guess you did not notice that he grew wings of flame and flew upward?

I guess you did not notice that I said NAMED techniques? or maybe no one ever taught you how to read

LoS
August 06, 2008, 09:41 PM
but I am disappointed that he didn't use any special skills or techniques

So since when has growing dragon wings not been a skill or technique, I guess you forgot you said this, lawl lawl.

By the way, thanks for the insult. It takes a big man to insult someone over the net, nice going.

and then comes his emotional monologue up to page 15 which prooves that he hasn't lost himself yet.

MayB he had not "fully" awakened by that point. He was still powering up on his emotional ride, until *Poof* he fully awakens at the end of the chapter.

Aphalite
August 06, 2008, 11:27 PM
So since when has growing dragon wings not been a skill or technique, I guess you forgot you said this, lawl lawl.

By the way, thanks for the insult. It takes a big man to insult someone over the net, nice going.

"I am disappointed that he didn't use any special skills or techniques or anything, like name them and then shout them out"

Did he name his technique? no. What did I say? NAMED TECHNIQUE.

And if you want to thank me, there's a thank button at the bottom of every post, but I guess you didn't notice that either LAWL LAWL LAWL

LoS
August 06, 2008, 11:45 PM
Using the thank button is easy, as is understanding sarcasm. This is something I think you should learn (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm)

Anyway, does anyone think that "falls" is not literal but more metaphorical? As in she falls to a lower ranking, falls behind Natsu in power? I really doubt this is it, but you never know. In the current state of affairs I just cant think of a reason for Ezra to fall other than her being tired, or attacked by a wild Natsu. And I hope the latter does not come to pass.

Sherlock Holmes
August 06, 2008, 11:47 PM
The name of the chapter was Dragon Force. I couldn't help but read it listening to Through fire and flames by dragonforce. It was funny.

roku-sky
August 06, 2008, 11:55 PM
lol, I was actually listening to My Soul For You by FireBomber, and it went perfectly with reading the chapter... :D:D

LoS
August 07, 2008, 12:56 AM
The name of the chapter was Dragon Force. I couldn't help but read it listening to Through fire and flames by dragonforce. It was funny.

I dont think I could read fast enough, or flip to the next page fast enough for their music lol. Their pace would make me want to rapidly click through the chapter.

Shiro-kun
August 07, 2008, 02:50 AM
Natsu was awesome, he defeated Gerald within seconds after his transformation...so much for Big Bad Gerald (Failure is a absoulute in his case or is ?it?:s) ..But Anyways Dragon Slayer Natsu was terrifyingly awesome!!

LoS
August 07, 2008, 03:18 AM
So Sieglein/Gerald is one of the stronger members of the Magic Council correct? If that is so then how strong do you reckon an Awakened Natsu is?

Shiro-kun
August 07, 2008, 03:27 AM
So Sieglein/Gerald is one of the stronger members of the Magic Council correct? If that is so then how strong do you reckon an Awakened Natsu is?

Yes he was a part of the Ten Holy Great Mages (if i am correct), like Makarov and The Phantom Guild Master

Perhaps Natsu is on there level now?

LoS
August 07, 2008, 03:43 AM
I remember other members of the council asked him how he attained his seat, and he replied it was because he was strong. So I guess you could say that the Awakened Natsu is stronger than the average member.

Wololo
August 07, 2008, 06:39 AM
Yes he was a part of the Ten Holy Great Mages (if i am correct), like Makarov and The Phantom Guild Master

Perhaps Natsu is on there level now?

There are huge differences in power among the Great Mages i.e. the spanking Makarov gave Phantom and I don't see Natsu even close to Makarov's level. Phantom Lord perhaps, but I doubt it.
Moreover we don't know how much of his current power will stay. He won't have Aetherion to pump him up the next time.
I'm fairly confident that Natsu is now stronger than Erza and closing in on Luxus, but that's it.

Aphalite
August 07, 2008, 09:55 AM
I agree with an earlier poster's sentiment that "Titania falls" just means the armor or hard shell that Erza always "wears" around her will fall, I don't think anything bad will happen to her. I also don't think Natsu is stronger than Erza, they're probably around the same level now, and since Natsu can't maintain his dragon slayer form without consuming high instances of magic (etherion or flames) he's still a notch under Erza and nowhere close to the magic council. If he was able to transform tho I think he could maybe go toe to toe with makarov for a little bit.

LoS
August 07, 2008, 01:32 PM

The Magic Council and Ten Holy Great Mages are not the same though? Because at the last Magic Council meeting there were only 9 members the tenth the leader was absent. In general the Ten Holy Great Mages are stronger than the Magic Council I believe. The Magic Council are just the governing bodies and in general elder and wise, not necessarily the strongest.

Now I wonder who the Magic Council will find to fill the 2 vacant posts after the previous members went defunct.

Raysen_ht
August 07, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thats completely right Los... though we can assume the council members are all damn strong!!

I believe that this whole thin (Betrail of Sieglein and the firing of Aetherion) will change the structure of the world... maybe there will be 2 different councils who share the powers or somehting else like that...

LoS
August 07, 2008, 05:21 PM
I believe that this whole thin (Betrail of Sieglein and the firing of Aetherion) will change the structure of the world... maybe there will be 2 different councils who share the powers or somehting else like that...

Well we know there is going to be some restructuring at the very least. Some members might decide to retire, Shitou - Sixth seat of the Magic Council is good friends with Makarov so he could seemingly choose to retire like Makarov. That would leave 3 vacancies in the Magic Council.

I can not see Sieglein/Gerald forming his own dark council per-se, because he wants the power for himself, but he will need some strong followers if he hopes to rebuild the tower in only 5 years. Maybe he will break some dark guild's masters out of jail. They would all have to be quite powerful.

Wololo
August 08, 2008, 02:53 AM
Gerard and Urtear will get replaced and that's it. Urtear might appear again, but Gerard is finished.

drakend
August 08, 2008, 08:20 AM
Ok so this chapter can be told in three words: Kyuubi with wings! :D

Wololo
August 08, 2008, 12:22 PM
It's not really Kyuubi-like and I already did it with one word. I'm sorry and it pains me to say it, but you leave me no choice, but to say: FAIL :P

drakend
August 08, 2008, 12:41 PM
It's not really Kyuubi-like and I already did it with one word. I'm sorry and it pains me to say it, but you leave me no choice, but to say: FAIL :P
I know perfectly that a dragon is different from a fox, I only said the concept behind Natsu is similiar to Naruto's, that's all.

aquavi
August 08, 2008, 05:15 PM
I know perfectly that a dragon is different from a fox, I only said the concept behind Natsu is similiar to Naruto's, that's all. I thought it was implicit, but I guess you aren't smart enough to catch that. :rolleyes:

Except... um. Natsu doesn't have a dragon spirit residing within him, as I recall. He was raised by a dragon, was taught magic by a dragon, so it sort of make sense that a visual manifestation of his powers looks like a dragon. So um, Natsu and Naruto aren't all that similar.

drakend
August 09, 2008, 12:56 AM
Except... um. Natsu doesn't have a dragon spirit residing within him, as I recall. He was raised by a dragon, was taught magic by a dragon, so it sort of make sense that a visual manifestation of his powers looks like a dragon. So um, Natsu and Naruto aren't all that similar.
Do you know that in the manga it's stated Igneel disappeared all of a sudden? It's not that difficult to guess what happened between a dragon and a dragon slayer... :rolleyes:
The powers Natsu shown in chapter 98 are Igneel's ones imho.

LoS
August 09, 2008, 06:08 AM
Well it is implicit that Natsu learned only a small ratio of what he could have before the Dragon left, honestly he learned the arts of a dragon slayer but he has a long way to go.

Wololo
August 09, 2008, 05:24 PM
I know perfectly that a dragon is different from a fox, I only said the concept behind Natsu is similiar to Naruto's, that's all. I thought it was implicit, but I guess you aren't smart enough to catch that. :rolleyes:

Ehm, no not really. Natsu and Naruto have nothing in common.

As for your other post Igneel merging with Natsu is something completely out of thin air. There's nothing to support it in the manga. I mean why would two dragons merge with two kids they apparently loved dearly? Why on the same date? The 7.7.777 I believe it was. One might conclude that there are probably five other dragonslayers whose dragons vanished on that date, which makes the whole deal even stranger.

And really what's the deal? In the first point my main intent writing that post was to make fun of yours, because it just wasn't funny. But I guess you aren't smart enough to catch that.

drakend
August 10, 2008, 05:20 AM
As for your other post Igneel merging with Natsu is something completely out of thin air. There's nothing to support it in the manga. I mean why would two dragons merge with two kids they apparently loved dearly? Why on the same date? The 7.7.777 I believe it was. One might conclude that there are probably five other dragonslayers whose dragons vanished on that date, which makes the whole deal even stranger.

I hinted that Natsu SLAIN Igneel, not that he fuses with the dragon. After all a dragon slayer is made to slay dragons, not to make love with them, fuse with them or other crap like that.

RyuSensei
August 10, 2008, 05:30 AM
Yea totally. Natsu killed the only family he ever had before entering Fairy Tail, Igneel. It's just like a super cliché manga, he slept and when he woke up the dragon wasn't here anymore since he unconsciously woke up and slain him, making him utterly disappear without even having blood or scratch on him. Just like the other dude did with the metal dragon.
lol.

drakend
August 10, 2008, 05:39 AM
Yea totally. Natsu killed the only family he ever had before entering Fairy Tail, Igneel. It's just like a super cliché manga, he slept and when he woke up the dragon wasn't here anymore since he unconsciously woke up and slain him, making him utterly disappear without even having blood or scratch on him. Just like the other dude did with the metal dragon.
lol.
Reserve your sarcasm for someone else: my speculation was on general terms and I didn't detail it because I simply can't... there are an infinite number of ways to implement such a speculation and so only the mangaka can know. I think my speculation has some ground because Natsu is a dragon slayer and you have no right to ridicule me with your sarcasm. :rolleyes:

RyuSensei
August 10, 2008, 06:07 AM
Your speculation would have some ground if Natsu was the only dragon slayer who lost his dragon.
There are 2.
And I'm so sorry I don't know the meaning of these two words, mi inglish not veri gud.

Wololo
August 10, 2008, 06:14 AM
I guess you don't know how to read at this point: I hinted that Natsu SLAIN Igneel, not that he fuses with the dragon. After all a dragon slayer is made to slay dragons, not to make love with them, fuse with them or other crap like that. Were you on crack to think some shit like this? :rolleyes:

It's funny to see a dude talking about other's smartness while he can't even read posts properly. :D

I think you should start by reading your own posts properly. Here let me remind you what you posted:

Ok so this chapter can be told in three words: Kyuubi with wings! :D

Here's where you first likened Natsu to Naruto. Naruto who has a demonic fox inside him which is slowly merging with him as the seal on it deteriorates.

Here's where you said that Natsu's dragonslayer powers are similar to the power the Kyuubi gives Naruto.

Do you know that in the manga it's stated Igneel disappeared all of a sudden? It's not that difficult to guess what happened between a dragon and a dragon slayer... :rolleyes:
The powers Natsu shown in chapter 98 are Igneel's ones imho.

And here's finally where you right out say that Natsu's power is originally Igneel's.

What kind of conclusion does a rational mind come up with?
Right, Natsu has somehow fused with Igneel or absorbed his powers somehow.
I think you are the only one on this planet who can read preteen Natsu, who in no way could have defeated a dragon, unconsciously commiting patricide or rather Igneel commiting an elaborate suicide, since he was the one who taught Natsu the dragonslayer magic in the first place, from that. And no, that wasn't a compliment.

BTW I haven't even the slightest how you get from Igneel loving Natsu like a son and Natsu loving Igneel like a father to them making love.

drakend
August 10, 2008, 08:43 AM
What kind of conclusion does a rational mind come up with?
Right, Natsu has somehow fused with Igneel or absorbed his powers somehow.
I think you are the only one on this planet who can read preteen Natsu, who in no way could have defeated a dragon, unconsciously commiting patricide or rather Igneel commiting an elaborate suicide, since he was the one who taught Natsu the dragonslayer magic in the first place, from that. And no, that wasn't a compliment.

BTW I haven't even the slightest how you get from Igneel loving Natsu like a son and Natsu loving Igneel like a father to them making love.
My main point was that Igneel may have been slain by Natsu thus acquiring his/her powers. I compared it to the Kyuubi because Natsu would have an evil being within him giving him huge power boosts.

Aphalite
August 10, 2008, 09:40 PM
I think you have serious problems in understand English at this point dude... my main point was that Igneel may have been slain by Natsu thus acquiring his/her powers. I compared it to the Kyuubi because Natsu would have an evil being within him giving him huge power boosts. Anyway I'm fed up with your nonsense so you go straight in my black list.

How does killing someone give you their powers? There has been no precedent in this manga for that occurrence, the only example for a killing was when Elfman killed his sister and he did not get any of her powers. Since Metalicana also disappeared the same time as Igneel, it would be a stretch to say both Dragon-slayers went berserk on the same day and killed their teachers.

You are also speculating that Natsu has turned evil, when there's no backing for any of that either, he has formed scales but throughout chapter 98 he has remained in control and his speech patterns signify concern for Erza, not indistinguishable destruction like Kyuubi Naruto. So no, they have nothing in common.

Finally, there's no reason to get angry when people share their points of view. All you've been doing is throwing insults around and it doesn't make you look any more clever

drakend
August 11, 2008, 12:13 AM
How does killing someone give you their powers? There has been no precedent in this manga for that occurrence, the only example for a killing was when Elfman killed his sister and he did not get any of her powers. Since Metalicana also disappeared the same time as Igneel, it would be a stretch to say both Dragon-slayers went berserk on the same day and killed their teachers.
There is no need for a precedent in the manga: it could be an entirely new event. It isn't the first time that there are manga where you kill someone in order to take his powers in general... and anyway Natsu is a Dragon SLAYER, not a Dragon LOVER, so this must mean something.

You are also speculating that Natsu has turned evil, when there's no backing for any of that either, he has formed scales but throughout chapter 98 he has remained in control and his speech patterns signify concern for Erza, not indistinguishable destruction like Kyuubi Naruto. So no, they have nothing in common.

Uh?!? Where did I write Natsu became evil? I only stated that he may have an evil being within himself because, you know, in the last chapter Natsu's wings were defined WICKED, and that isn't something very nice or positive!!!
Among the other things Natsu has the dragon scales and this is without precedent in the manga, if I remember well. The more "dragon power" he uses the more he turns out into a dragon: doesn't this remember you something?!? :D

Finally, there's no reason to get angry when people share their points of view. All you've been doing is throwing insults around and it doesn't make you look any more clever
I didn't become angry because other people stated their own opinions: I have no problem with that. My problems start when people being sarcastic with MINE and even insulting me. In fact I replied to your normal post normally I guess, but I can't stand sarcasm and insults.

LoS
August 11, 2008, 04:37 AM
When does this(99) chapter come out :s

aquavi
August 11, 2008, 10:24 AM
^Soon. Scans tend to come out Tues-Weds.

drakend, you might want to check how you word things- you have a tendency to come off as being pretentious especially since the way you word your reactions to ours is that we're idiots for not understanding your meaning.

Also, precedent is important. It's a basic writing tactic and honestly, you may want to say that all you have are theories (your phrasing comes off as though what you are saying is factual); as of yet, we don't know a whole lot about FT's dragon lore (other then that they appear to be more Western based then Eastern at the moment) and whether or not dragons can pass down their powers is not evident. As such, we should just assume that they can't and that Natsu has the ability to grow and evolve in terms of his magic-ing ability.

drakend
August 11, 2008, 11:24 AM
drakend, you might want to check how you word things- you have a tendency to come off as being pretentious especially since the way you word your reactions to ours is that we're idiots for not understanding your meaning.
Well this "mess" started when I wrote that chapter 98 could be described as "Kyuubi with wings". Then a dude popped out starting a lesson about how much a tailed demon fox is different from a dragon with wings... :D
I don't think that's very sharp, even because my phrase was mostly ironical. Kyuubi has nothing to do with Igneel, of course, I only thought to Naruto because:
1) Natsu changed his physical traits with the appearance of dragon scales.
2) He had an insane power boost out of nowhere, even if he ate the aetherion.

Regarding what I think happened between Igneel and Natsu is a possibility, aka speculation. I cannot present it as a fact because I simply can't!!! Anyway a dragon slayer is made to slay dragons, not to love them like little pets! It isn't an evidence that Natsu killed Igneel, but it's an hint imho, not to mention why should Igneel disappear without telling Natsu anything?!? A possible explanation is that Natsu went berserk for some reasons and doesn't remember to have killed Igneel. But that's all speculation of course, even if I don't think it's baseless... another possibility is that each dragon went inside their slayers' disciples in that particular date I cannot remember for some reason. But I don't understand why a dragon would train a dragon SLAYER... :D

Also, precedent is important. It's a basic writing tactic and honestly, you may want to say that all you have are theories (your phrasing comes off as though what you are saying is factual); as of yet, we don't know a whole lot about FT's dragon lore (other then that they appear to be more Western based then Eastern at the moment) and whether or not dragons can pass down their powers is not evident. As such, we should just assume that they can't and that Natsu has the ability to grow and evolve in terms of his magic-ing ability.
I repeat: mine is all speculation, I have hints but not evidence. I don't think my idea is baseless tough. Natsu was changing into a dragon because dragon scales aren't human, as you know. I think Igneel's soul (or whatever it is) it's inside Natsu, for this reason I recalled the Kyuubi example. I was ironical in the first post, but it was far from being only a joke.

Chocolove77
August 11, 2008, 02:55 PM
I disagree with your "Natsu killed Igneel" theory. First, like you said there isn't any single evidence or even hints which could support your theory. And we already know that Igneel isn't the only dragon who disappeared. In chapter 66 Gazille tells Natsu that Metalicana, the steel dragon also disappeared without saying a word the same day Igneel did, which is the 7th of July year 777. So I don"t think Igneel's disappearance has something to do with Natsu, it has to be something related to the dragon race and the date 07/07/777.

LoS
August 11, 2008, 03:09 PM
^Soon. Scans tend to come out Tues-Weds.

Thanks, I'm new to as how Fairy Tail runs on MH. I figured some spoilers would have come out by Monday or something.

drakend
August 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
I disagree with your "Natsu killed Igneel" theory. First, like you said there isn't any single evidence or even hints which could support your theory. And we already know that Igneel isn't the only dragon who disappeared. In chapter 66 Gazille tells Natsu that Metalicana, the steel dragon also disappeared without saying a word the same day Igneel did, which is the 7th of July year 777. So I don"t think Igneel's disappearance has something to do with Natsu, it has to be something related to the dragon race and the date 07/07/777.
First of all I said I don't have evidence, but there has been lots of hints that Igneel may be within Natsu. Regarding the disappearance of the dragons I also said they may have gone within their disciplines for some reason, perhaps even on their own free will. My main point wasn't that Natsu killed Igneel, but that Igneel is within Natsu somehow. Anyway Natsu is a dragon SLAYER, so he is supposed to slay dragons, not living with them, being raised by them and such. In fact this is a big question mark: why a dragon would raise and train a dragon slayer? What is the advantage of raising someone who could kill you someday? It doesn't make any sense, UNLESS the dragons don't gain something from that. A possible explanation: the soul of the slain dragon goes inside his slayer and it grows within him unless it takes over becoming an even more powerful dragon.

Raysen_ht
August 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks, I'm new to as how Fairy Tail runs on MH. I figured some spoilers would have come out by Monday or something.spoilers arent very common in this series.... :XD... the last one was of 3 chapters ago (and still, only 2 pictures)...

About the reason a Dragon would train a Dragon SLAYER:
imo, there are different kinds of dragons... i believe that there is some kind of war between them... and One side of the dragons (not necessarely the "good" side) wants to use the Dragon Slayers to kill the other side ( imo Igneeal/Metalicanna are the evil ones...)
I think only humans can use that kind of magic, and thats why they became "parents" to Natsu/Gazille (maybe the dragons killed their real parents)

Just a theory... what do you guys think?

MaydayParade
August 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
First of all I said I don't have evidence, but there has been lots of hints that Igneel may be within Natsu. Regarding the disappearance of the dragons I also said they may have gone within their disciplines for some reason, perhaps even on their own free will. My main point wasn't that Natsu killed Igneel, but that Igneel is within Natsu somehow. Anyway Natsu is a dragon SLAYER, so he is supposed to slay dragons, not living with them, being raised by them and such. In fact this is a big question mark: why a dragon would raise and train a dragon slayer? What is the advantage of raising someone who could kill you someday? It doesn't make any sense, UNLESS the dragons don't gain something from that. A possible explanation: the soul of the slain dragon goes inside his slayer and it grows within him unless it takes over becoming an even more powerful dragon.

Since you are basing all f your speculation on the fact that Natsu is a Dragon Slayer, Im just gonna put you down to shame. Dragon Slayer is the name of the magin that Nutsu and Gazille used. Natsu is known as "Salamander" because of his use of the magic called "Fire Dragon Slayer", and Gazille is known a "Iron Gazille" because of his use of the magic called "Iron Dragon Slayer". Dont be an idiot. And yes, i am insulting you.

Have a nice day you idiot ^_^.

LoS
August 11, 2008, 04:45 PM
imo, there are different kinds of dragons... i believe that there is some kind of war between them... and One side of the dragons (not necessarely the "good" side) wants to use the Dragon Slayers to kill the other side ( imo Igneeal/Metalicanna are the evil ones...)
I think only humans can use that kind of magic, and thats why they became "parents" to Natsu/Gazille (maybe the dragons killed their real parents)

There is definitely something fishy going on with their disappearance and training. A war sounds good, but could it be the other way around. Like humans/Mages pulling the Dragon's strings? Could some Mages be controlling the Dragons, now this does not explain why a Dragon would choose to train a human, but it could be a reason for their disappearance.

Why train a human to fight on your side if you are just going to abandon them right?

*Edit*
p.s. this has got to be the most hostile and negative board on MH so many mean posts :(

Aphalite
August 11, 2008, 05:53 PM
Well Lucy's mother also "died" on that day, and we don't know if she actually died, ie she didn't fake her own death and had Lucy's father tell Lucy of her death. IF there really is a war going on, then Lucy's mother could be a tamer or an appointed stellar spirit mage whose duty is to play peacemaker amongst the dragons

drakend
August 12, 2008, 01:20 AM
Dont be an idiot. And yes, i am insulting you.

Have a nice day you idiot ^_^.
Natsu is called dragon slayer because he has the power to kill a dragon, so there is nothing strange that his magic may be called dragon slayer. :rolleyes:

Krisel
August 12, 2008, 03:10 AM
Gosh...Natsu looks great with scales.It wasnt what i expected but it was still good to see Jerald sucking his mommys boobies.Titania Falls???Wtf,i hate these type's of future titles.DMN!
Titania falls asleep?Titania trips and falls over?Titania falls on a Zeref's trap and she becomes the sacrifice?Titania falls for Simon?[Omfg i hope he isnt really dead : < ]
Titania falls on her knees,crying?Well i dunno...
And u guys plz...No more off-topic stuff.This goes nowhere.

drakend
August 12, 2008, 04:08 AM
Titania falls on her knees,crying?Well i dunno...
And u guys plz...No more off-topic stuff.This goes nowhere.
I agee and in fact I wrote here only my opinions and such, while in response I had sarcasm and offenses. Others can agree or not of course, but I don't tolerate offenses and sarcasm, that's all. Anyway I'll add useless dudes to my black list without replying them because there is no point in replying them! :)

PS I did something even better: I removed all of the flaming parts from my posts because it isn't really worth it. :)

LoS
August 12, 2008, 06:51 AM
Does anyone think Sieglein/Gerald could possibly reveal parts of his keen knowledge on Natsu's background? Afterall he did know Natsu's full name without ever meeting him, and said "so this(Fairy Tail) is where you wound up."

MaydayParade
August 12, 2008, 07:38 AM
Natsu is called dragon slayer because he has the power to kill a dragon, so there is nothing strange that his magic may be called dragon slayer. :rolleyes:

Ok, ok, maybe i went a bit too far in calling you an idiot, but seriously, where are you getting these statements from? I'll agree that it's Anti-Dragon magic, as stated in Chapter 61, i think, but they never said it was to be used to slay a dragon. And like I said, Natsu isn't called Dragon Slayer. When fighting Gazille, he is reffered to as "Salamander" or "Salamander Natsu." Of course Natsu replys with "Ya freakin scrap-metal bastard", but thats beside the point. Lucy even refers to his magic as Dragon Slayer.

Now if that's just speculation, add a "might" or "I think" in there or something along those lines. Like this:

I think Natsu might be called dragon slayer because he could have the power to kill a dragon, so there is nothing strange that his magic may be called dragon slayer. :rolleyes:

And rolling your eyes makes people think you are an asshole. Again, I'm sorry for insulting you. I was annoyed, and went a little over the edge. Gomenasai.

Kazi
August 12, 2008, 07:43 AM
omg, -.- ... how is it possible to discuss over 2 pages a little ironic joke :eyeroll
and to backup drakend al little: I agree and disagree in your opinion in warious points ^^ ... the thing that he is a dragon slayer or that his magic is called dragon slayer, could mean something and i really want to know what it is ... of course it doesn't mean to love dragons ... lol xD

@LoS: i think, he was interested in the whole fairy tail guild. And exspecially in Erza and her friends. Also is a dragon slayer not to common and he knows that this magic could destroy his plans. He was of course someone who could defeat him

knl_mathur
August 12, 2008, 08:30 AM

yes i also think so...Natsu didnt kill Igneel.....but i think Igneel merged with Natsu and has thus become the dragon himself...lol...thats my theory...i guess it will be explained soon:blink

LoS
August 12, 2008, 08:42 AM
@LoS: i think, he was interested in the whole fairy tail guild. And exspecially in Erza and her friends. Also is a dragon slayer not to common and he knows that this magic could destroy his plans. He was of course someone who could defeat him

Actually from this page (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/23/20/) it seems like he has a personal connection or fascination with Natsu. He did not know he was at Fairy Tail before this.

Kazi
August 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
oO oh yeah ... totally forgot this page
then it should be the simple fact, that natsu is a dragon slayer (or can use dragon slayer magic) ... it is of course possible that something connects both, but i think if this is true, then it should be cleared in the next 2 chapters

drakend
August 12, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ok, ok, maybe i went a bit too far in calling you an idiot, but seriously, where are you getting these statements from? I'll agree that it's Anti-Dragon magic, as stated in Chapter 61, i think, but they never said it was to be used to slay a dragon. And like I said, Natsu isn't called Dragon Slayer. When fighting Gazille, he is reffered to as "Salamander" or "Salamander Natsu." Of course Natsu replys with "Ya freakin scrap-metal bastard", but thats beside the point. Lucy even refers to his magic as Dragon Slayer.

Ok I accept your excuses. Anyway Salamander seems to be only another nickname of Natsu... even in the very chapter 98 it's said "this is the power of the dragon slayer" and Natsu is referred to as dragon slayer more and more times throught the manga. And in chapter 98 he has dragon scales: those things are not human so they come from a dragon I guess... I mean dragons have scales in mythology. Where did those scales come from so? The nearest dragon to Natsu was Igneel so it would be a good candidate, even if there is no evidence so far.
If you noticed Natsu, when was going to give the final blow to Gerard, looked EXACTLY like a dragon in Gerard's eyes: this means there is much more to Natsu then simply being a fire emitter... :D

Now if that's just speculation, add a "might" or "I think" in there or something along those lines. Like this:
Well I specified multiple times mine were only speculation, but besides that... I'm not the author so it's obvious that if I speak about thing not shown in the manga it is speculation.

And rolling your eyes makes people think you are an asshole. Again, I'm sorry for insulting you. I was annoyed, and went a little over the edge. Gomenasai.
Uhm on this you're right, I tend to use rolleyes a little too often, but it was due to the heavy sarcasm and offenses I received too.

A part from all of this... Natsu's wings are described as "wicked" in the chapter. It isn't a nice adjective: on wordreference.com (English isn't my mother tongue) it's a synonim of evil. Why should there be a description like that if Natsu just had an insane power boost and saved the day? He's the hero, why should he be described as "wicked"?!?
The final page says "the dragon awakens, and sets its wicked wings aflame!!"
I have some thoughts on this:
1) the dragon awakens? The battle has already ended so it's time for Natsu to go to sleep. Why would he have to awake now? And by the way he was awaked until now, so who is awakening now? It doesn't seem to refer to Natsu....
2) The next chapter is "Titania falls". I really hope it is a symbolic title, even if it doesn't look good if you put this together with the above statement about Natsu.

LoS
August 12, 2008, 11:29 AM
but i think if this is true, then it should be cleared in the next 2 chapters

exactly, when better to become loquacious than when looking death in the face.

Raysen_ht
August 12, 2008, 11:40 AM
I still believe in my "dragon war" Theory...
We will get a clarification if Natsu became evil or not, next chapter

OFF: @Los, I really liked your new sign!! But (?)Blue(?) Kidd.... he looks like an alian :XD

LoS
August 12, 2008, 12:18 PM
Well the war of the dragons between good vs. evil is just so incredibly cliche I think it would do the series some injustice if that was the "supposed" curveball. I dont doubt that the dragons are warring or fighting something/one another, but we dont know their reasons or if someone is even controlling them.

As for the sig, hey I did not color the characters I just made the GIF, but that was the interpretation as to his color. Heck Arlong was blue, why not Kid.

Krisel
August 12, 2008, 01:28 PM
Lol at the cool sig of LoS[Kid looks too great]...
I think evrything is involved with Zeref.Since the very first moment i heard about Zeref,i belived he is the main central villian.
And i forgot to mention that I love Natsu's flame wings.

MaydayParade
August 12, 2008, 02:51 PM
Ok I accept your excuses. Anyway Salamander seems to be only another nickname of Natsu... even in the very chapter 98 it's said "this is the power of the dragon slayer" and Natsu is referred to as dragon slayer more and more times throught the manga. And in chapter 98 he has dragon scales: those things are not human so they come from a dragon I guess... I mean dragons have scales in mythology. Where did those scales come from so? The nearest dragon to Natsu was Igneel so it would be a good candidate, even if there is no evidence so far.

Heh. I was gonna say that Gazille had scales too, but that would proof your point lol. But that on quote doesn't mean that they were calling him a Dragon Slayer. Again they could have been talking about the power of the magic. But, only the author knows that one.

If you noticed Natsu, when was going to give the final blow to Gerard, looked EXACTLY like a dragon in Gerard's eyes: this means there is much more to Natsu then simply being a fire emitter... :D

This wouldn't be the first time that a manga or anime has depicted a character as an animal, mythological or not. And of course there's more to him than meets the eye. Come on, it's Shounen.

Well I specified multiple times mine were only speculation, but besides that... I'm not the author so it's obvious that if I speak about thing not shown in the manga it is speculation.

Well, umm, okay your right about this one.

Uhm on this you're right, I tend to use rolleyes a little too often, but it was due to the heavy sarcasm and offenses I received too.

A part from all of this... Natsu's wings are described as "wicked" in the chapter. It isn't a nice adjective: on wordreference.com (English isn't my mother tongue) it's a synonim of evil. Why should there be a description like that if Natsu just had an insane power boost and saved the day? He's the hero, why should he be described as "wicked"?!?
The final page says "the dragon awakens, and sets its wicked wings aflame!!"
I have some thoughts on this:
1) the dragon awakens? The battle has already ended so it's time for Natsu to go to sleep. Why would he have to awake now? And by the way he was awaked until now, so who is awakening now? It doesn't seem to refer to Natsu....
2) The next chapter is "Titania falls". I really hope it is a symbolic title, even if it doesn't look good if you put this together with the above statement about Natsu.

Since english isn't your native tongue, i'll tell you. Wicked, when used as slang, can be synonomous to "awesome".

This is just speculation, but I think that when the refer to dragon, they just mean Natsu. Natsu has been compared to a monster, a beast, and a dragon. And they could be speaking of Natsu's underlying power awakening.

Titania falls could be a reference to Natsu finally surpassing Erza. Remember beck during the Phantom arc? Right before fighting Gazille, Erza said that Natsu would be the one to surpass her.

gao_dargon
August 14, 2008, 09:32 AM
A part from all of this... Natsu's wings are described as "wicked" in the chapter. It isn't a nice adjective: on wordreference.com (English isn't my mother tongue) it's a synonim of evil.

even thoug you're right, wicked is also used as a way of saing "cool" or "bad ass" if you get my rift, i think the ppl at uk use it this way more than the americans (as i live in mexico i cant tell for sure xD)

also, why there isnt even a raw, its thursday shulnt it be out allready? is it golden week or something¿?

LoS
August 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
There is no WSJ this week so no OP/Naruto/Bleach I know for certain, but I didn't know that would affect Fairy Tail, because isn't it in the Young Jump?

Also Wickd, Rad, Cool is all surfer type talk. I do not know for certain but I do not think they would talk that way in Japan.

drakend
August 14, 2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for clearing up the wicked word meaning guys... :)
Regarding the lack of mangas this week: most likely most of mangakas are on vacation with their girlfriend/wife/lover/fiancé on some ship or some desert island... :D

FiliaRyu
August 14, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think they've used wicked as in destructive.
Since "Titania Falls" is the caption for the next chapter, I think the "The dragon awakens and sets it's wicked wings aflame" is a summary of this chapter basically stating that Natsu released such immense power. I don't really think it means much more than this.

drakend
August 14, 2008, 10:22 AM
A nice question is: will this power up be permanent or only temporary? I mean if Natsu needs to be recharged like a battery evrey time it's quite pointless... :D

LoS
August 14, 2008, 10:24 AM
Well since his power is "the Flame of Emotion" I would highly doubt it is permanent. Natsu is steadily getting stronger and stronger, so it is not really pointless per-se. Considering if he was constantly this strong he would be on par with the Ten Great Holy Mages in power.

Right now he is more powerful than Luxus, Mist Gun... since Ezra said Seiglen was one of the Ten Great Holy Mages.

drakend
August 14, 2008, 10:38 AM
Right now he is more powerful than Luxus, Mist Gun... since Ezra said Seiglen was one of the Ten Great Holy Mages.
Yes but that isn't Natsu's own power... it's the Aetherion's power, it's quite different, don't you think so?

FiliaRyu
August 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
I think it will have done something like forced open his magic circuits ala Fate/Stay Night.
So he has an increased capacity for magic or can use short bursts of extremely powerful magics. Although that's only one possible solution. Might see him go mad on the power trip and Erza falls trying to bring him down. Although thats also been done before too.

Problem is, we can't have him too powerful just yet as he needs to evolve during the course of the series.

LoS
August 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yes but that isn't Natsu's own power... it's the Aetherion's power, it's quite different, don't you think so?

Well he had already eaten some and was still not nearly as powerful as he is now, then he had some more and all of a sudden he got much stronger and had "awakened." I guess we will just have to wait and see next chapter wont we.

Problem is, we can't have him too powerful just yet as he needs to evolve during the course of the series.

Thats exactly what I was saying, it is temporary or else he could challenge everyone in the guild for supremacy. Whether it is due to his emotions or the Aetherion, that power is not there to stay for long.

FiliaRyu
August 14, 2008, 10:59 AM
LoS

How about it's opened up his "magic circuits" but we'll see Naruto-esque inability to utilise it without proper training and/or practice? Although this has been done to death in other series, there aren't really any new storylines, just different settings and characters.

MaydayParade
August 14, 2008, 11:08 PM
Also Wickd, Rad, Cool is all surfer type talk. I do not know for certain but I do not think they would talk that way in Japan.

I know this, but the scanlator wasn't from Japan I'm sure. "Wicked" could just be the closest word to the actual translation, which might not have made any sense at all.

Aphalite
August 15, 2008, 12:45 AM
I think they've used wicked as in destructive.
Since "Titania Falls" is the caption for the next chapter, I think the "The dragon awakens and sets it's wicked wings aflame" is a summary of this chapter basically stating that Natsu released such immense power. I don't really think it means much more than this.

Don't take Titania Falls literally, the chapter when Leo the Lion was revealed was something like "the star that is missing from the sky". Obviously there wasn't a real star missing, manga titles use lots of metaphors so it's a mistake to assume wicked is being used in the destructive tone just based on the chapter title

FiliaRyu
August 15, 2008, 02:38 AM
Don't take Titania Falls literally, the chapter when Leo the Lion was revealed was something like "the star that is missing from the sky". Obviously there wasn't a real star missing, manga titles use lots of metaphors so it's a mistake to assume wicked is being used in the destructive tone just based on the chapter title

I know, that. That's why I didn't go into details on the "Titania Falls" bit.
I was saying that the wicked/destructive was as a caption for the final battle in that chapter. Not the next.

aaslannn
August 15, 2008, 04:06 AM
why raw is late? is there a possibility that there won't be a raw this week

Kazi
August 15, 2008, 05:20 AM
It seems so. There is also no information in rena chans live journal.
Maybe she could not scan the raw?

hatsuharupeace
August 16, 2008, 10:56 PM
There is no WSM this week, so no Fairy Tail. It's because Japan is having Summer Break, and that's why there's no WSJ this week either.

Really liked this chapter, it looks like this is Natsu's real potential, and strength. The question is: Will he retain the strength that he has right now, or will he have to use Aetherion everytime he fights, in order to fight at his full potential?

LoS
August 16, 2008, 11:25 PM
The question is: Will he retain the strength that he has right now, or will he have to use Aetherion everytime he fights, in order to fight at his full potential?

I don't think it is even a question, the answer should be no. If he was at this level all the time he would be considered one of the Ten Great Holy Magess, and would be Fairy Tail's strongest fighter outside of Makarov. He might even be able to challenge Makarov at that level. It would develop the story far far to quickly.

Krisel
August 17, 2008, 02:18 AM
I agree with Los.
I dunno why but i dont think Gerard is beaten yet.[OMFG he is one of the 10HGM FFS]
But honestly...Makarov knows a lot of magic's,if Natsu beated some1 like Makarov with just his physique and martial skills/again/if Jerald is beaten ofc,ill be like OMG...[Its a manga it has to do with magic FFS!!!] ;>

drakend
August 18, 2008, 03:21 AM
I agree with Los.
I dunno why but i dont think Gerard is beaten yet.[OMFG he is one of the 10HGM FFS]
But honestly...Makarov knows a lot of magic's,if Natsu beated some1 like Makarov with just his physique and martial skills/again/if Jerald is beaten ofc,ill be like OMG...[Its a manga it has to do with magic FFS!!!] ;>
What the hell did you write?!? You aren't writing an sms dude... :rolleyes:

Kazi
August 18, 2008, 03:54 AM
What the hell did you write?!? You aren't writing an sms dude... :rolleyes:

shouldn't it be "a sms"? xD ... sorry, but if you criticize other members because of thier writing, i thought, i should do this , too ^.-
and how was it with the "rolling eyes"? lol xD

@topic: i hope that this power is not constant, too ... i think a power boost that suddenly push him to the holy great mages is way to big

edit: @FiliaRyu
are you sure? oO
i thought the "an" article was only to use if the next word begins with a vocal

FiliaRyu
August 18, 2008, 04:06 AM
shouldn't it be "a sms"? xD ... sorry, but if you criticize other members because of thier writing, i thought, i should do this , too ^.-

@topic: i hope that this power is not constant, too ... i think a power boost that suddenly push him to the holy great mages is way to big

Actually, since sms is an abbreviation, I believe "an" is the correct article to use.

Edit: @Kazi
Yes I'm sure, although 'an' and 'a' should be used on Vowels and Consonants, respectively, as with all English - there are exceptions to every rule. One of those exceptions is when dealing with abbreviations and acronyms.

Where an indefinite article is needed in front of an acronym, the decision about whether to use 'a' or 'an' should be based on the common pronunciation of that acronym. For example, a UCAS publication, an MBA, a HESA conference, an HND.
As you can see, if it's there is an object after the abbreviations/acronyms then you use 'a', if the object is the abbreviation/acronym then you use 'an'. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule as well - I think this is why English is one of the hardest languages to learn, all these rules and exceptions.

On Topic: Saying that, I think this manga has shot by at an alarming rate already, with Grey and Erza already showing some growth in their respective arcs, and the arcs themselves being very brief. I wonder how long the mangaka plans to make the story.

drakend
August 18, 2008, 06:34 AM
and how was it with the "rolling eyes"? lol xD

Uhm I didn't ask for PERFECT english, but for something understandable, that's all. I'm not mother tongue so I made lots of errors (like the one you pointed out), but at least I don't write public posts as I was writing a sms to my girlfriend.

Krisel
August 19, 2008, 07:11 AM
*Looks at drake like he is watching a maggot or smth lower,with a haughty look*...just kidding man :darn
Umm...i dont get the sms-like post thing and i dont think its good writing this stuff in this thread.Could u plz PM me drake and explain. :amuse

About Natsu:I think the Etherion boost will fade.Natsu wont remember a thing of what he did.And the story will recontinue.If Natsu will remmeber what he did,he is goin to train hard and maybe learn some new magic,FFS!

Aphalite
August 19, 2008, 12:06 PM
Natsu didn't go unconscious or lose his spirit at any point during the fight, in fact when he punched Gerard he was yelling out his reason for fighting, why do people think he's changed into a different person or lost his memory?

MaydayParade
August 19, 2008, 05:49 PM
Natsu didn't go unconscious or lose his spirit at any point during the fight, in fact when he punched Gerard he was yelling out his reason for fighting, why do people think he's changed into a different person or lost his memory?

I dont get it either.

FiliaRyu
August 20, 2008, 05:34 AM
We don't think he's done any of those things. We're just speculating on how the mangaka will handle things in the next few chapters with regards to Natsu's power trip/increase. Is it permanent or temporary, will he go mad, will he pass out and lose his memory of the event, will it allow him to use newer or more powerful magics in future.

These are all possible, and have been done before in other mangas.

drakend
August 20, 2008, 10:04 AM
I've read chapter 99 and... Titania falls is meant in the worst possible way. :(

LoS
August 20, 2008, 10:34 AM
So does the spoiler mean

That she falls as in seriously wounded, or it is something not serious at all and was wayyyyy over hyped?

drakend
August 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
So does the spoiler mean

That she falls as in seriously wounded, or it is something not serious at all and was wayyyyy over hyped?

To save Natsu from the falling tower she makes her body being absorbed by the tower in the same way she was being absorbed when she was forced by Gerard. After she's absorbed the whole tower disappers in some kind of whirlpool. Until further notice Titania is DEAD.

LoS
August 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
To save Natsu from the falling tower she makes her body being absorbed by the tower in the same way she was being absorbed when she was forced by Gerard. After she's absorbed the whole tower disappers in some kind of whirlpool. Until further notice Titania is DEAD.

Wow that is some weak sauce.

So Gerard escapes, the Tower falls and she somehow has to save Natsu. What makes Natsu incapable of saving himself? And she will turn up later most likely.

drakend
August 20, 2008, 10:49 AM
Wow that is some weak sauce.

So Gerard escapes, the Tower falls and she somehow has to save Natsu. What makes Natsu incapable of saving himself? And she will turn up later most likely.

Natsu collapses at the beginning of the chapter because of the toll the battle against Gerard had on him. Anyway as a reference:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9843/17tf5.th.jpg (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17tf5.jpg)

roku-sky
August 20, 2008, 11:37 AM
Just... read it...

:scry:scry:scry:scry

bax
August 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
The newest chapter is out!, check it out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37220)!

Majek
August 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
Erza ;_;. Can't wait for a trans to explain.

aaslannn
August 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
I wanna cry!!

Kazi
August 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
oh noo erza Q_Q

it seems "Titania falls" was meant literally ...

roku-sky
August 20, 2008, 12:48 PM
The tower was about to explode and take everyone out - including those who escaped nearby. Erza had to prevent the explosion by absorbing the power into herself.

Erza: I will always be with you.

:scry:

That said, I'll be very surprised if that is really the end of Erza - given how predictable Fairy Tail has been up till now, I'll gamble that she'll be resurrected, or she's not really dead. This was an Erza arc, I just can't see them killing her off when they finally developed her character...

Wololo
August 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
*too shocked to say anything just silently angsting over Erza*

Kazi
August 20, 2008, 01:10 PM
i think so too ... and ... i hope so too ;__;

she is also one of the main characters, she can't die when the series is about to develop. One thing makes me even wonder, what is actually the great goal in fairy tail oO? To defeat Zeref? Or his Monsters?

Organizized
August 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
Wow... In a way I hope she's dead. Like gone. Forever. If she wasn't it'd be lame, but one thing is for sure: this chapter sure as hell wasn't.

*cries*

Helltroll
August 20, 2008, 02:14 PM
Finally something that renewed my interest in Fairy Tail (and it's reviews :D). That was really an amazing chapter and I think i will once again start to review Fairy Tail after a hiatus (which was due to private circumstances so please don't ask). Last year in school starts tomorrow but well..we'll see if I can do it :)