PDA

View Full Version : Character Why didn't Teresa fight the abyssal ones?

Raysen_ht
June 25, 2008, 02:09 PM
Here is the deal:

Teresa beat Rosemary awakened form with only 10%, but she implied that she could do it with no Yoma power at all... I dont think Rosemary was a very powerfull n°1 compared to the others, but she was n°1 nontheless, and her power should be close to an abissal one (75% or closer)...
Also, she defeated n°s 2-5 without any Yoma power and humiliated priscilla over her limmit with only 10%!!

So do u think teresa 10% equal an abissal one? If so, why didnt the organization sent her to deal with them?

kat_at_heart
June 25, 2008, 03:42 PM
I’ve wandered this before but as it has been implied she hid her true power from the org (for some reason) and even fellow claymore's, as her extermination squad never expected her to be as powerful as she was and also after she had defeated rosemary, her black cloak asked her about the yoma blood to which she replied she had just run into a pack of them along the way.
Anyway to answer the question I think that she could have been equal to one definitely at 10% but she was frightened to do so as (cant remember were it was mentioned) releasing anymore than 10% she would often forget herself and go crazy.

Raysen_ht
June 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
I’ve wandered this before but as it has been implied she hid her true power from the org (for some reason) and even fellow claymore's, as her extermination squad never expected her to be as powerful as she was and also after she had defeated rosemary, her black cloak asked her about the yoma blood to which she replied she had just run into a pack of them along the way.

Oh yeah... she did hide it from everyone, and lied about her fights with strong opponents...

she was frightened to do so as (cant remember were it was mentioned) releasing anymore than 10% she would often forget herself and go crazy.

What I think ur talking about is when she mentioned that if she didn´t do it (release Yoma power) once in a while she would forget how to do it. She said that before destroing Rosemary... i dont think she ever said she would lose control if she released more than 10%

Unholy
June 25, 2008, 11:36 PM
She never went pass 10% because she never had to, every enemy she faced she could defeat with just 10%.She always hid her real power from the organization (she lied when asked if the previous number 1 awakened and said it was just youmas she found in the way).Personatily i think Teresa could take an abysmal down in a fight if she had to face one and for me the way she died fighting priscilla looked like it was pure luck (she was winning while with only 10% while priscilla was using 80% just lame how she lost if she went as far as to use like 60% i doubt priscilla would stand a chance).

exdahzy
June 25, 2008, 11:48 PM
She obviously died because she was stupid enough to not slay priscilla, and got caught offguard. But to get back on topic I do believe she could bring them down at 10-20% yes.

Anyhow why they didn't send her to fight them they answered last chapter no? they are trying to make strong warriors for a huge war, they most likely only send claymores out to test various things, as they knew Teresa would easily defeat them, they chose to not send her.

Btw their enemies gotta be hella strong since they didn't even think Teresa was strong enough to be sent into the war =o

kat_at_heart
June 26, 2008, 05:03 AM
Btw their enemies gotta be hella strong since they didn't even think Teresa was strong enough to be sent into the war =o

I don’t think they sent her to the war because she still wasn’t a completed awakened so if she ever was able to awaken in a battle it would have disastrous consequences on both sides. If average awakened were strong enough to battle the dragon kin then I think Teresa definitely is. :)

evil_kenshin
June 26, 2008, 07:24 AM
well there's also the fact that until the pieta invasion, the organization's policy was to avoid fights with awakened beings while focusing on yoma.

exdahzy
June 27, 2008, 12:03 AM
true though forgot that, that was mentioned. But just a crazy thought why didn't they send Teresa into the war while withdrawing the other troops for now, let her awaken and probably take out a -huge- part of the enemies before dying? XD I know that was stupid lol

Daidoji_Tangen
June 27, 2008, 11:34 AM
well there's also the fact that until the pieta invasion, the organization's policy was to avoid fights with awakened beings while focusing on yoma.

Exactly. Though she probably could kill any of the then Abyssal Ones, she was never sent to.

I don’t think they sent her to the war because she still wasn’t a completed awakened so if she ever was able to awaken in a battle it would have disastrous consequences on both sides. If average awakened were strong enough to battle the dragon kin then I think Teresa definitely is. :)

They would never send her to war. They are trying to figure out how to create the beings they want. Not create the soldiers themselves. It is all research. What are they going to say?

"Hey, we lied to you about everything. We don't care about Yoma. We don't care about protecting humans. It was all research. We now want you to travel across the ocean and fight for the country that ruined your life and your land. Kill the dragon kin and any regular human you see from the opposing country."

I'm sure that would go over REALLY well.

yueyouko
June 29, 2008, 07:20 AM
i agree with most of you that she didn't fight the abyssal ones bcoz she's hiding her true power. (but i personally think that rosemary is as strong as the abyssal one or as strong as luciella. i even think that if ilena becomes an awakened being, she will be as strong as the abyssal ones, that fact that teresa's status as number one is way powerful than any previous number 1)

anyways, another theory would be; she just doesn't care. maybe she could sense the abyssal ones but she just didn't give a damn. ^_^ she started caring when she met clare after all. ^_^

Quetz
June 29, 2008, 09:29 PM
She seemed to be the type to simply follow orders, at least until she met claire. She probably didn't kill them because she wasn't ordered to.

Franggio
July 03, 2008, 10:06 PM
Why didnt Teresa fought the abissal ones?

easy one! Remember Clares Handler? the Glasses-hat-guy?(cant remember the name) he says i, Abyssal ones will not be treated specialy, if the organization gets a request for terminating one they will consider the blahblahblah then deal. And then later on its different, with Alice "completed"? they are gonna start a active hunt for em.

That is if I remember everything correctly that is :)

kaliayev
July 05, 2008, 06:36 AM
if you ask me, teresa was the first claymore to partially awaken. this helps explain the vast power difference between her and the lower ranked of her era. since the organization had never encountered a case like this, they really didn't know how to handle it. because of this they were wary of sending her out to fight abyssal ones. after all, who's to say she wouldn't have joined up with isley/riful/luciela if she had met any of them before clare. instead, they decided to closely monitor her to see what effects partially awakening would have on a claymore. of course, like clare, she developed rapidly and decided to keep her power hidden from the organization until she broke the rule. by this time, she was probably powerful enough to take down the entire organization single-handedly. after the example she set, they set up a policy to deal with such cases of partially awakened claymores. of course, this policy was in place by the time we came across miria's group.

kat_at_heart
July 05, 2008, 07:03 AM
if you ask me, teresa was the first claymore to partially awaken. this helps explain the vast power difference between her and the lower ranked of her era. since the organization had never encountered a case like this, they really didn't know how to handle it. because of this they were wary of sending her out to fight abyssal ones. after all, who's to say she wouldn't have joined up with isley/riful/luciela if she had met any of them before clare. instead, they decided to closely monitor her to see what effects partially awakening would have on a claymore. of course, like clare, she developed rapidly and decided to keep her power hidden from the organization until she broke the rule. by this time, she was probably powerful enough to take down the entire organization single-handedly. after the example she set, they set up a policy to deal with such cases of partially awakened claymores. of course, this policy was in place by the time we came across miria's group.

We have no proof that Teresa had partially awakened and even if she did this does not mean to say that she would have joined the other abyssal ones, Clare has come in contact with riful and has not joined her, we also don’t no if she was closely monitored because the only other claymores we have seen talking to their handlers are Galatea and Clare. If she was closely monitored it would probably be because she was almost god like in terms of power in the claymore world.

kaliayev
July 05, 2008, 07:25 PM
@kat
when teresa and the concept of partial awakening were introduced, i was inclined to believe that she hadn't partially awakened. with regard to this, one of the main problems i came across was the fact that clare wasn't able to access any of teresa's incredible strength until after she partially awakened. this means the power was latent. while clare was only half of teresa, i'm inclined to believe that the same limit would be in place for teresa. teresa's partial awakening would have been one of the organization's experiments (obviously, the best time to do something like that would be right after turning the human into a hybrid in order to limit the negative side-effects of uncontrollable attempts). they had to go in some new directions after what happened with luciela. one of those directions was the twins, strengthening the yoki bond between the awakened and the controller. another possible direction would have been to take the controller out of the equation by strengthening the will of the test subject. they'd pretty much be imitating the process but would find a way to bring her back without a controller (individual will has proven to be strong enough to reverse an awakening and teresa had a pretty strong will). of course, she was suspicious of the organization and tried to limit their knowledge of her progression. after teresa's little rebellion, they decided the shelve the experiment because it was too dangerous.

also, every claymore eventually has to talk to their handler in order to get new equipment and orders.

Unholy
July 06, 2008, 11:28 PM
@kat
when teresa and the concept of partial awakening were introduced, i was inclined to believe that she hadn't partially awakened. with regard to this, one of the main problems i came across was the fact that clare wasn't able to access any of teresa's incredible strength until after she partially awakened. this means the power was latent. while clare was only half of teresa, i'm inclined to believe that the same limit would be in place for teresa. teresa's partial awakening would have been one of the organization's experiments (obviously, the best time to do something like that would be right after turning the human into a hybrid in order to limit the negative side-effects of uncontrollable attempts). they had to go in some new directions after what happened with luciela. one of those directions was the twins, strengthening the yoki bond between the awakened and the controller. another possible direction would have been to take the controller out of the equation by strengthening the will of the test subject. they'd pretty much be imitating the process but would find a way to bring her back without a controller (individual will has proven to be strong enough to reverse an awakening and teresa had a pretty strong will). of course, she was suspicious of the organization and tried to limit their knowledge of her progression. after teresa's little rebellion, they decided the shelve the experiment because it was too dangerous.

also, every claymore eventually has to talk to their handler in order to get new equipment and orders.

Sorry but all this makes no sense to me, first if teresa as actually the first half-awaken experiment she would have being a huge sucess leading to many others like her to come, and that didnt happen, makes no sense to drop a project because 1 experiment rebellion all they would have to do was create a more obdiant claymore (luciella/rafaela were also powerfull and were even a bigger failiture and the orga didnt gave up on her project and at the time the orga was almost destroied 1 experiment rebellion is nothing near that).Half-awakening is no explanation to why she was so strong, priscilla was also incredible strong and she wasent even used to her amoung of power.Teresa was strong the organization knew that of course (otherwise she wouldnt be n1) whoever they didnt knew with accurance how strong she was (as far as we know she never used more than 10% of her youki) so they couldnt be sure if she would be able to fight an abysmal one and of course they wouldnt risky losing a warrior like her if they wasent sure she would win, besides it was the organization policy to ignore the abysmal ones if im not mistaken all awaken ones were ignored and had the same treatment that normal youmas (someone requests to kill the "thing" they send someone to kill it and colect the money).To finish it of Teresa didnt like the org. but she still followed her others without complaning i dont see how meeting with the abysmal ones would change anything, she already had the streght to flee if she really wanted to, besides until isley met priscilla and assembled his army all the abysmal ones were quite inactive as riful said it herself (she started looking for claymores when she heard of isley army) so the chances of their meeting was pretty low.

Edit: Btw claire streght didnt came from her half awakening, it was mainly due to she training since long time to read yoki (miria mentioned that when they fought the first awakened male, that she learned to be a good yoki reader in order to fight awaken creates), and from she getting ilena(is that her name?) arms and learning her quick sword skill and of course the experience she got from each fight.

July 16, 2008, 01:36 AM
But, half-awakening (going beyond the safe yoki usage limit but reverting back to human) DO boosts characteristics.
And, we can't tell for sure if Organization did experiment on that, but deemed it not powerful enough.

Judau Ashta
December 19, 2008, 10:35 PM
Sorry but all this makes no sense to me, first if teresa as actually the first half-awaken experiment she would have being a huge sucess leading to many others like her to come
It's possible there are more spies like Rubel in the organization and hid the information.

Sportgal1
December 23, 2008, 09:39 PM
yes, miria's handler is considered by lots of people as a likely candidate. He was watching miria, deneve, helen and clare take on the male awakened. I think that teresa didn't go after AO just because the orgs policy was not to. As long as they hid, there was no problem.

White Silver King
February 01, 2009, 10:32 AM
Teresa might have partially awakened, but I don't believe she did and if she did I'm pretty positive it wasn't the result of experiment because she was a "problem child" the Org. wouldn't trust her with the responsibility of being partially awakened. And if the Org. was scared of failing experiments there wouldn't even be a second generation of warriors (the male ones cuz they were first) because Isley's generation was the very first generation of Claymores ever and he, Rigardo (the number 2) and Dauf (number 3) (and I think in the anime the number 4 was there too but not sure) awakened in presumably about the same time frame, which would have caused GREAT devestation to the Organization. And Riful was the in the first gen. of female warrioirs and was the number 1 of that gen., so the first female number 1.