PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Power Advancements

Mr.J
June 26, 2008, 07:36 PM
Okay Luffy and the Straws hats almost died twice(from there wounds and because they didn't have their shadows) in their last big battle in thriller park. They barely took a few days to recover and now are back and active. We all know in the next 10 or 15 chapters they'll probably confronted by another one of the 7 pirates' team or an admiral's team. how do you believe in such a short time can they get stronger?

LoS
June 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
Well for starters Zoro just received a new sword and has yet to work out all the kinks and new attacks it brings.

Luffy might have another gear in store.

Mr.J
June 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
Luffy was almost killed 3 times in the last fight (once against oz, once against the shadow snatcher himself and almost by Kuma) he can barely keep awake after being in gear second and still attempting to fight after word so gear third is impossible at the moment.

gfire2
June 26, 2008, 09:26 PM
na luffy looks fully recovered rite now and so he can easily use 2nd n 3rd

but yer i do believe luffy got a power up alreadi but i think this time it isnt a gear

JC123
June 26, 2008, 09:28 PM
Usopp with a Reject Dial for added accuracy. :D

Akainu
June 27, 2008, 02:48 AM
I think Sanji will have both his legs in flames, "devils dance" would be a cool title but sadly its got nothing to do with kitchen & cooking.

ZeroChrome
June 27, 2008, 03:11 AM
Usopp with a Reject Dial for added accuracy. :D

I don't think he took a reject dial with him, right? I mean, he got all of the dials from trading with the "normal" civilian, not with Wiper. If he use reject, he's dead for sure. one use from impact nearly broke his shoulder :p

I'm looking forward to Sanji power up too. like one tap on the ground and the buildings around him shatter :p

goldb
June 27, 2008, 05:26 AM
i hope luffy's next power up isn't a gear but something he learns that doesn't depend on his DF abilities...
yeah during zoro's fight with oz he said he didn't know how to use the new sword properly and that it is really powerful so we might see some more moves from zoro...

i think all the sh need some sort of upgrade, whether it's weapons or just strength-wise, i'm looking to see if chopper will get anything upgraded, it would make a hell of a difference if he could remain conscious whilst in monster chopper mode

hot_chips
June 27, 2008, 06:26 AM
I want Ussop to somehow upgrade from slingshot to a proper gun.
I'm only saying this because Usopp's dad is an incredible marksmen.

I wanna see more of Sanji's Jambes Diablos :( or w.e it's called.

Sachsenhesse
June 27, 2008, 06:51 AM
no please not... his slingshot is something that makes his shootingskill so wonderful, with a gun you can hit easier from a distance then with slingshot

I just want to see a Sling with a devilpowers, at the best an zoan with a long nose. :)

hot_chips
June 27, 2008, 06:56 AM
no please not... his slingshot is something that makes his shootingskill so wonderful, with a gun you can hit easier from a distance then with slingshot

I just want to see a Sling with a devilpowers, at the best an zoan with a long nose. :)
Well I'd want a gun or somehow a devil fruit slingshot that iunno has logia powers so Ussop can shoot out like giant metal balls or something.

Sachsenhesse
June 27, 2008, 07:10 AM
why not lime :)

i think oda will surprise us somehow with him in a way we dont expect

hot_chips
June 27, 2008, 07:39 AM
why not lime :)

i think oda will surprise us somehow with him in a way we dont expect
Or the SLING SHOT HAS GUN GUN FRUIT AND TURNS INTO A GUN!!!

Raysen_ht
June 27, 2008, 08:38 AM
@ishoots
i dont think that will happen...

They barely took a few days to recover and now are back and active.

ithink they had more than enough time to recover while traveling to Shabondy... even Zoro looks completely healed

The next power ups shouldn't come for everyone at once, like against CP9... I think chopper deserve a power up, also Robin and Franky... the others should wait a little longer, or instead of upgrade, they might find faster ways to aplly the moves they have

JC123
June 27, 2008, 06:47 PM
I don't think he took a reject dial with him, right? I mean, he got all of the dials from trading with the "normal" civilian, not with Wiper. If he use reject, he's dead for sure. one use from impact nearly broke his shoulder :p

I'm looking forward to Sanji power up too. like one tap on the ground and the buildings around him shatter :p

He he he, I was kidding. With Reject being as rare as it is, Usopp couldn't get one of those. And he would have to be VERY close to people which isn't something that he's apt to do.

More, he's shown how good his accuracy is with his new Kabuto. I really think he ought to get a few more Impact dials for all other close combat.

goldb
June 27, 2008, 08:05 PM
a sling shot with a df power sounds like a great upgrade for ussop!!! maybe robin could learn how to hold onto her "wings" for more than 5 seconds, who knows could come in handy once in a while, and maybe learn few new tricks...

for nami, i can't see her improving her weapon since ussop made it to perfection, but maybe another type of weapon...who knows oda is full of surprises...

sanji still has a few more moves to add to his "diable jambe" style before upgrading.....

Sachsenhesse
June 28, 2008, 06:33 AM
Nami dont need to get an Upgrade, she has a first class thunder attack which takes out most people. Chopper aquiring a new medicine (Rumbleball 2) which gives him other forms or let him fight more then 3 minutes would be nice also. :/ And there are more forms possible... he doesnt have a pure humanform (damn that would be funny xD).

LoS
June 28, 2008, 08:21 PM
I really dont like the idea that Usopp will get a power upgrade via Devils Fruit. The SH's already have enough DF users, I think the rest of the crew should continue to be strong without DF's.

goldb
June 29, 2008, 09:13 PM
Maybe ussop could do something with his Sogeking Identity...you know make it better...maybe a new costume, mask, new superhero like weapons... i dunno
jus thinking out loud..

wing_gundam
June 29, 2008, 11:22 PM
Luffy was almost killed 3 times in the last fight (once against oz, once against the shadow snatcher himself and almost by Kuma) he can barely keep awake after being in gear second and still attempting to fight after word so gear third is impossible at the moment.

na luffy looks fully recovered rite now and so he can easily use 2nd n 3rd

but yer i do believe luffy got a power up alreadi but i think this time it isnt a gear

well since we got the latest chapter, we see both Luffy using G3 and him falling asleep due to the use of gears... lol sorry, you're both wrong :P
[hr]

I want Ussop to somehow upgrade from slingshot to a proper gun.
I'm only saying this because Usopp's dad is an incredible marksmen.

I wanna see more of Sanji's Jambes Diablos :( or w.e it's called.

I don't think Ussop would use guns for two reasons:

1) It's a kids show/manga right? that would be too serious - and they never kill anyone

2) He's pretty 'deadly' with his sling shot eh? with the new Kabuto one he's at least as accurate as Yassop (evidenced by Daddy Mac back in Loguetown) and his range is incredible - sniping the soldiers from Tower of Justice to the gates of Justice. And he's taking them down with explosives. No more rotten eggs or hot sauce bombs.
[hr]

Maybe ussop could do something with his Sogeking Identity...you know make it better...maybe a new costume, mask, new superhero like weapons... i dunno
jus thinking out loud..

It could work - but Sogeking is so perfect the way he is - both in his bravery and his classic obviousness that its Ussop. You gotta love the big female lips on that mask! And his cape! Nothing does better than a guy with a mask and a cape and having all the same clothes as before. Its too classic! Ussop is great the way he is.

goldb
June 30, 2008, 03:07 AM
LOL i know, i always wondered about tha!!...he's like a really broke superhero who can't afford to get a better cosutme, lol ahaha

c0nflikt
June 30, 2008, 08:56 PM
I think usopp's kabuto eating a devil fruit would be a novel idea that would just make his weapon vulnerable in the water, but seeing as they are heading to the underwater place soon i think something huge is coming.

ANBU4U
July 01, 2008, 09:53 AM
well since we got the latest chapter, we see both Luffy using G3 and him falling asleep due to the use of gears... lol sorry, you're both wrong :P
<hr noshade size="1">

I don't think Ussop would use guns for two reasons:

1) It's a kids show/manga right? that would be too serious - and they never kill anyone

2) He's pretty 'deadly' with his sling shot eh? with the new Kabuto one he's at least as accurate as Yassop (evidenced by Daddy Mac back in Loguetown) and his range is incredible - sniping the soldiers from Tower of Justice to the gates of Justice. And he's taking them down with explosives. No more rotten eggs or hot sauce bombs.
<hr noshade size="1">

It could work - but Sogeking is so perfect the way he is - both in his bravery and his classic obviousness that its Ussop. You gotta love the big female lips on that mask! And his cape! Nothing does better than a guy with a mask and a cape and having all the same clothes as before. Its too classic! Ussop is great the way he is.

No.

Luffy is fine. He used Gear Third easily. Then fell asleep because of Brooke's Technique.

And because he's an idiot.

bittman
July 01, 2008, 10:01 PM
He used 3rd gear "easily"? Or because he wanted to show off to the other captains? ^_~

On topic of power advancements, my predictions would be something like:
Luffy: More Gear 2 madness. He has like 30 normal techniques, and has used 4-5 as jet. Want the crocodile-beating move in jet form really badly...
Zoro: Using Asura again with some technique would be enough
Sanji: He has two legs right? If fire is one leg...I dunno...knife is the other?
Usopp: Impossible to predict his crazy tools. Stronger Rubber Band?
Nami: She never uses her heat ball or cool ball with any strength, but the thunder ball has many uses. Fire and Ice would be really nice.
Robin: Yeah, more flight I guess. Clutching is pretty hard to beat anyway, Aokoji and Moria have been the only ones I've seen defend against it properly.
Chopper: We hardly see him using his forms as well as he used to (like in Skypeia)
Franky: Coup de Fart
Brooke: I'm still in love with his walking attack, but using anything Samurai Ryuuma used will be nice.

In other news: No Gear 4 please. It's like asking for Gear 2 back in the Arlong arc.

LoS
July 02, 2008, 02:26 AM
Well if Luffy does not have other gears, how else do you expect him to get stronger? Sure he can use his most powerful attacks while in gear's 2 & 3 but that still would not equate to another higher gear.

hot_chips
July 02, 2008, 04:03 AM
Luffy: Mastering 2nd and 3rd Gear and able to use them with little or no side effects to his body afterward. (Very unlikely there will be no side effects though)
Chopper: Mastering his final form for Rumble if he hasn't already.
Franky: Upgrades to his body. (Maybe his butt 'cause it's his weak spot)
Brooke: He's only shown about 2 techniques so far I think, so more to come :)

bittman
July 06, 2008, 07:26 AM
Well if Luffy does not have other gears, how else do you expect him to get stronger? Sure he can use his most powerful attacks while in gear's 2 & 3 but that still would not equate to another higher gear.

Huh? You mean he could beat crocodile and enel since chapter 1 since he didn't use gears from chapter 1 until 400-and-something? Awesome.

Raysen_ht
July 06, 2008, 07:34 AM
Huh? You mean he could beat crocodile and enel since chapter 1 since he didn't use gears from chapter 1 until 400-and-something? Awesome.

I think what he meant is that even if luffi uses, while on gear 2 or 3, all the attacks he normally does, it still wouldnt be equal to a new gear... I dont think he implied that luffi could beat whomever since chapter 1, imo, Los never said anything like it

c0nflikt
July 06, 2008, 11:45 AM
I think for one of the weaker characters new strength will come in the form of some ancient treasure or maybe they could learn haki. all ussop needs to do is build a weapon with dials incorporated.

Raysen_ht
July 06, 2008, 11:59 AM
^ uhnn he already has...
His Kabuto uses dials

I think the next power up will only be for Robin, Franky, and Chopper

LoS
July 06, 2008, 02:18 PM
Nothing that extreme Bittman, lol. Even if Luffy is Enel's natural enemy I would never claim he could have defeated him circa romance dawn days.

Raysen hit it on the head.

JC123
July 06, 2008, 05:29 PM
Looking at page 2...

Coup de Boo (Fart) - already been used

Gomu Gomu Jet Storm - Isn't the only difference between this and the regular Gatling the fact that he jumps up?

mdl112233
July 07, 2008, 12:26 AM
If the straw hats were to power up i would want to see
Luffy: find away to go back into nightmare luffy since he had 100 shadows put into and all the shadows skills in him, I hope that like the skills of the shadows are still there and he can turn to nightmare luffy again and use that big sword. Maybe he could find away to stay in gear 2 as long as he likes. oh and that arm bracelet thing I wonder why luffy put it on. Maybe its a new accessorie. maybe it has power. maybe it belonged to someone important who they might meet up with during their journey
Zoronew sword. new techniques. Being not able to beat kuma while his captain was not available after beating the hell out of Oz and Moria He would probably a new technique in order to protect his nakama as the vice captain like when luffy used gear 2 & 3 in order to save robin
NamiI just see her like using her clima tact normally
UsoppMore tricks
SanjiDouble diable jambe full leg. and as zoro as his rival to be strong since quarrel i feel that his devil within will come out as a Complet Diable Corps (Full devil Body)
chopperi want him to use monster point and master it but hes too scared to do that
Robinangel wings longer use
FrankyAfter being told off about being an inferior cyborg to the shichibukai kuma i feel that franky will develop his body even greater than kuma
Brookstill havnt seen enough maybe something will come up about his battle covoy thingy in a certain kingdom

Deathgod75
August 04, 2008, 11:37 PM
i want luffy to learn to fight with weapons. like using swords in each limb creating a unique style of fighting. and the reason it wouldnt conflict with zoro would be that it wouldnt be swordfighting just using swords as an extension of his gomu gomu attacks.

OP ROX
August 04, 2008, 11:58 PM
Weapons dont seem Luffys Type.... i think of him as a brawler

bittman
August 05, 2008, 07:47 AM
In regards to the Sanji having a double Diable Jambe: I actually think that Sanji will get a completely different technique with his other leg. If the flames represent the kitchen...maybe a kick as sharp as a blade on the other? Sure, it may be similar to the CP9 technique, but it's Sanji so it will be better and passionate!

goldb
August 05, 2008, 08:17 AM
true stories bittman, it wouldn't look right...i'm pushing more for a rankyaku type move...
hopefully we'll also see an improvement in franky's schematics and a maybe nami aswell

Stop
August 05, 2008, 04:30 PM
In regards to the Sanji having a double Diable Jambe: I actually think that Sanji will get a completely different technique with his other leg. If the flames represent the kitchen...maybe a kick as sharp as a blade on the other? Sure, it may be similar to the CP9 technique, but it's Sanji so it will be better and passionate!

yeah I think sanji said something like this God brings the food the devil brings the spice
Maybe zoro will have a 540 pound cannon in asura mode?
Nami's fine
Ussop iunno
chopper I don't see him mastering monster point thats not cool makes the fight to easy
Franky I think he's fine
Robin who the hell can beat her Df
Brook want to see more moves from him

monkey D luffy
August 05, 2008, 04:47 PM

does a girafe rings any bells? or the name kaku? we already saw a zoan type long nose what will be godd for him is to feed his sling with a devil fruit.

bittman
August 06, 2008, 06:51 PM
does a girafe rings any bells? or the name kaku? we already saw a zoan type long nose what will be godd for him is to feed his sling with a devil fruit.

Actually, I can see something like that accidentally happening when they visit Vegapunk in the future. Since only Vegapunk is capable of feeding DF's to inanimate objects (as I've understood from the samples so far) I can see Usopp tripping over and dropping the Slingshot into whatever machine does this by accident. Anything else wouldn't be in the true Usopp fashion.

Raysen_ht
August 06, 2008, 07:59 PM
The true Usopp fashion would be him pretending to have dropped that on purpuse huahuaha

kkck
August 06, 2008, 11:15 PM
Ussop should train to be muscular like his dad and use giant version of his own bullets. Ussop using a kabuto 5 times as big and shotting bullets the size of cannonballs or even watermelons would pawn. The normal one has shown to be able to break through walls and even more, one the size of a cannonball would sink a ship!

Deathgod75
August 07, 2008, 12:02 AM
Ussop should train to be muscular like his dad and use giant version of his own bullets. Ussop using a kabuto 5 times as big and shotting bullets the size of cannonballs or even watermelons would pawn. The normal one has shown to be able to break through walls and even more, one the size of a cannonball would sink a ship!
well his dad doesnt seem that muscular...unless im looking at the wrong person. his dads the one with the long blonde bairds right

kkck
August 07, 2008, 12:42 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/
Here is a pick of yassop and he seems fairly muscular specially when you compare him to what he was like when he first appeared.
The anime is much more clearer, you can see exactly how much he changed.

Darek Khort
August 07, 2008, 01:18 AM
For Ussop to turn muscular you'd probably have to wait a bit until all of them 'grown up' because at his current age (which I'm assuming isn't in the 20s or 30s) he wouldn't look anywhere near like his father.
Plus I like Ussop the way he is. He always goes on about him not being a monster like the others and having to use his brains instead of brawl.
Giving him muscles just....doesn't seem right.

bittman
August 07, 2008, 07:27 PM
And it's been said by Oda that Ussop will remain the weakest Strawhat, so if he got muscular...Nami would have to get muscular...oh dear god I'm scared...

toxun
August 08, 2008, 01:42 AM
Make me wonder to If Nami got muscular, may be she will look like Miss Monday :-D

monkey D luffy
August 08, 2008, 03:30 AM
Actually, I can see something like that accidentally happening when they visit Vegapunk in the future. Since only Vegapunk is capable of feeding DF's to inanimate objects (as I've understood from the samples so far) I can see Usopp tripping over and dropping the Slingshot into whatever machine does this by accident. Anything else wouldn't be in the true Usopp fashion.

i dont think dr vegapunk is the only one able to put fruit in inanimate remember in arabasta the mr4 team had a gun who ate the dog dog fruit

toxun
August 08, 2008, 07:10 AM
It'll might cool if it's Sunny given devil fruit. It seem ok because in deed ship didn't swim (do you ever heard ship swimming?) it float on water. Imagine it ate neko neko no mi type lion. She can't transform while on deep water (because she'll sink) but in the shallow it's fine :p

Deathgod75
August 08, 2008, 07:51 AM
It'll might cool if it's Sunny given devil fruit. It seem ok because in deed ship didn't swim (do you ever heard ship swimming?) it float on water. Imagine it ate neko neko no mi type lion. She can't transform while on deep water (because she'll sink) but in the shallow it's fine :p

well if sunny got a DF it would have to be some sort of long range DF cause whats the point of a close range DF when u have the crew?

toxun
August 08, 2008, 12:12 PM
Sunny by default designed for ranged combat with cannon equipped with her. the only thing I saw that could make a "thing" alive are zoan type devil fruit. Actually the ship is one the weak spot. The crews might have to travel afar from the ship. Given Franky's past when his ships were turned against him & laziness of Zoro in guarding her (preferring walking around & get lost :tem) it will be a great idea to make merry can defend herself, at least Franky should install some security measure on her

paradoxe
August 09, 2008, 11:52 AM
And it's been said by Oda that Ussop will remain the weakest Strawhat

Lol, thats not canon.

Its been stated in a data book that Usopp is stronger then Nami.

They specialize in different areas, so really there isn't much comparison between the two.

Its really annoying when people keep saying Usopp is weaker then Nami. Can Nami take as much as damage as Usopp? Hell no. I'm not saying shes weaker, just saying they specialize in different areas, and Oda has said many things that hes changed before. Anyone remember how long the series was planned to go on for at the beginning?

Akainu
August 09, 2008, 12:11 PM
have you got any proof for the changes other than an estimated amount of time Oda wanted to spent on OP? it's a huge difference between that (reality influenced!!!) and his statement, that Usopp will stay the weakest (yeah, he is a better sniper than Luffy, so what Luffy is still stronger, because there IS more to it than their specials).

paradoxe
August 10, 2008, 01:33 AM
Its been stated in a data book that Usopp is stronger then Nami.

Oda wrote the data books.

OMG does tht mean Oda just contradicted himself?! :O

The only thing which can be considered absolutely canon is the manga, and so far, there has been nothing in the manga which has stated that Usopp is weaker then Nami.

Use your common sense people. Do you think Nami could've been smashed by a 10 tonne hammer and live to talk about itt?

=/

JC123
August 10, 2008, 08:45 AM
...I think you both are arguing the same point.

Usopp absorbs the most damage of the crew. Nami as well as Ussop have different skills to make up for their physical weaknesses.

Usopp - Sniper and inventor

Nami - Navigation and weather

Now if the books are translated, I'll look and see how they mean strength... But I'm to believe it means both of them aren't monsters of combat like Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji.

Onomatopoeia
August 11, 2008, 11:26 PM
Oda wrote the data books.

OMG does tht mean Oda just contradicted himself?! :O

The only thing which can be considered absolutely canon is the manga, and so far, there has been nothing in the manga which has stated that Usopp is weaker then Nami.

Use your common sense people. Do you think Nami could've been smashed by a 10 tonne hammer and live to talk about itt?

=/

Ussop can't do even close to the amount of damage of Nami and her Clima Tact. Ussop might be able to take more damage. But Nami can dish out more damage. By averaging them out Nami is stronger ;P

And Databooks are Cannon their made by Oda as are SBS's. Databooks are just as Cannon as the Manga.

Quick note Has Ussop ever been stabbed before ? Can he not take stabbings?

Destin82
August 12, 2008, 12:15 AM
Zoro still hasn't mastered the sword he received from Ryuuma, so I see those being the minor upgrade that he'll get.

I'm with the general consensus that Sanji's diable repertoire isn't complete yet. At some point both legs might have their uses.

Nami/Ussop wont get noticeable upgrades in their weapons. Nami might figure out a new weather technique to use with the Clima Tact. Ussop I can only see improving his bravery, and ammo.

I'd like to see Chopper become better at using Brain Point with a rumble ball. Whether instantaneous or greatly reduced time spent analyzing. I think Chopper mastering his Monster Point is a little too much so far, but we'll probably see him use it once more without control until he begins to understand it.

Robin might be able to increase the number of hands she can sprout, if not she's already very powerful.

Franky will improve the parts inside him. If the Straw Hats somehow end up in Mariejois, I could see Franky looting a lot of raw materials or parts from Vegapunk's lab. A temporary upgrade could be increasing the amount of cola his body can contain.

Brooke, I have no clue since he hasn't really shown too many abilities at all yet.

bittman
August 12, 2008, 12:20 AM

What makes you ask that? I don't think he has ever been stabbed, but he's been electrocuted, water bullet'ed, blown up, crushed, smashed, punched, kicked, scared...oh wait, he got stabbed by ten fingers in CP9 arc by Jabura! Hurray, he's been hurt in almost every possible way~

On Databooks and SBS: I've never read a databook of rankings, but I wonder when Ussop was stronger than Nami...perhaps pre-Climatact? They are both "canon" of course, though SBS is more thoughts than an exact science. Databooks are meant to be exact on the other hand.

On my own ratings: They both have an equal amount of battle experience and a technical knowledge of weaponary to some degree. Both useful skills outside of battle of an equal level and are both cowardly to a degree (which cracks me up when they are together). I still rate Nami over Ussop despite long-nose's infinite hitpoints given how she has handled herself in battles recently compared to him and I do think she will either keep this small gap or make it larger rather than Ussop passing her.

Where did all this start anyway? Oh yeah, he won't get all muscular. His new 10ton hammer is only 2kg instead of 5kg =P

ANBU4U
August 12, 2008, 01:23 AM
Ussop can't do even close to the amount of damage of Nami and her Clima Tact. Ussop might be able to take more damage. But Nami can dish out more damage. By averaging them out Nami is stronger ;P

And Databooks are Cannon their made by Oda as are SBS's. Databooks are just as Cannon as the Manga.

Bang!

paradoxe
August 12, 2008, 05:58 AM

How does averaging them out make Nami stronger?

=/
Btw Usopp's role in the crew is combat related - Sniper. Whilst Nami's isn't.
I think against a stronger opponent, Usopp can wear him out whilst sniping him from long distance away. Nami can't really do much.

Luckas
August 12, 2008, 08:10 AM
Please guys, go back to the thread topic ;)

LoS
August 12, 2008, 08:50 AM
So if Franky were to make some possible upgrades with parts from these Pacifista Kumabots what would he add?

I cant see Franky having a laser, even though that is the most significant feature of the Kumabots. Could he add pieces of the extremely hard metal?

I doubt any of this is going to happen since it would take time and effort to first disassemble the bot and choose his pieces, then actually operate on himself. And this would all be in the midst of running from an Admiral.

Akainu
August 12, 2008, 09:36 AM
they got three days and have to come up with some huge powerups.
using their best attacks at the beginning of a fight is kinda inflationary, that's why I think they (or Oda alone to be precise) will think of some new attacks and equipment should they not already have used the time between the end of the fights on TB and Caimies introduction on Sunny.

about what Franky could use from the remains of the Kumabot, I think that the metal or whatever it is that makes Kuma so hard is what he could use best, even if he just learns what it is and modifies himself later on.
Although I can't really imagine him using a laser anymore and even less using the pakumas powerdevice whatever that may be.

kkck
August 12, 2008, 10:48 AM
I was just thinking about kizaru´s power and if it indeed is a light logia fruit and oda gets a little scientific, kizaru could be severely overpowered.
By just changing the wavelenth of his light he could change from the visible spectrum to the invisible one for example x rays or other types of radiation. Potencially he could have x ray and night vision or god knows what, and if someone really bothers him he could go ¨gamma ray attack¨ or ¨ultraviolet ray attack¨ and make the strawhats get cancer or something.
If kizaru´s fruit is indeed a light oda would probably make it only on the visible espectrum, but it is fun to imagine.

LoS
August 12, 2008, 11:28 AM
What if the SH's somehow find a way to harness the islands natural resin properties to their advantage? The resin could potentially be manipulated into combat ways, who knows.

Onomatopoeia
August 12, 2008, 01:19 PM
How does averaging them out make Nami stronger?

=/
Btw Usopp's role in the crew is combat related - Sniper. Whilst Nami's isn't.
I think against a stronger opponent, Usopp can wear him out whilst sniping him from long distance away. Nami can't really do much.

Offtopic: Nami's weapon does more damage and who says Usopp will get the chance to snipe them from close range. Strength counts both ways the amount of damage you can take and the amount of damage you can send back. Thats why averaging them out works like that.

Nami's weapon is more Combatrelated then Ussops. Besides look at Ussops fights they're much more find the weakness sort of battles. Which is where Ussop really shines.

@Anb4u:Have you ever heard of the one sentence rule ;) I can do it to.

On Topic: I feel that Franky Ussop and Nami are all going to gain upgrades from Pkuma. It seems to perfect that they run into a PKuma and I think they could use those items for so many cool things.

paradoxe
August 12, 2008, 09:18 PM
Offtopic: Nami's weapon does more damage and who says Usopp will get the chance to snipe them from close range. Strength counts both ways the amount of damage you can take and the amount of damage you can send back. Thats why averaging them out works like that.

Dude if thats the case, then averaging them out would make them around the same as each others strength, not Nami stronger. Nami can deal more damage, Usopp takes more damage.

However, in my mind, there is no doubt who would win if they were to fight. Nami's thunder tempo won't be able to even scratch Usopp, whilst I don't think Nami can take more then two shots tto the head.

Lol@your logic

Upgrades hmm.
Theyll need one soon if they want to face Kizaru.

Luckas
August 13, 2008, 06:25 AM
No more off-topic!

BlackHair
August 14, 2008, 09:24 AM
I would like to have Ussope, Franky, Sanji and Zoro some kairoseki (sea stone) material included in their weapon. It would be great help to fight against logia types.

As for Nami and Ussope, I can only see weapon improvement but noting physically. Atm I cant see any improvement for Brooke and Robin. Franky could gain some new Cybrog stuff after watching the pacifista.. well idk who would implement it in him tho.
I rly hope there wont be any Gear 4, 5 for Luffy.. its just too much like DB and I wouldn't like it. He will be prop just faster in gear 2 and and would do more damage in gear 3.
Zoro could get new attacks with accurate and long range damage. Sanji could use both legs for his diablo w.e attack and also able to attack on long ranch. Chopper could find a way to control his beast form, with side effect like Luffys gear.

//offtopic: If Nami and Ussope would fight, I can only see Ussope win. He is definitely faster. Nami needs some time to prepare her attacks, won't bother Ussopes long ranch. Note: she can do more overall damage and he can take more damage. Idk whats written in the datebook about them.. but thats my ranking based on the manga/anime.

neomaster121
August 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
I would like to have Ussope, Franky, Sanji and Zoro some kairoseki (sea stone) material included in their weapon. It would be great help to fight against logia types.

As for Nami and Ussope, I can only see weapon improvement but noting physically. Atm I cant see any improvement for Brooke and Robin. Franky could gain some new Cybrog stuff after watching the pacifista.. well idk who would implement it in him tho.
I rly hope there wont be any Gear 4, 5 for Luffy.. its just too much like DB and I wouldn't like it. He will be prop just faster in gear 2 and and would do more damage in gear 3.
Zoro could get new attacks with accurate and long range damage. Sanji could use both legs for his diablo w.e attack and also able to attack on long ranch. Chopper could find a way to control his beast form, with side effect like Luffys gear.

//offtopic: If Nami and Ussope would fight, I can only see Ussope win. He is definitely faster. Nami needs some time to prepare her attacks, won't bother Ussopes long ranch. Note: she can do more overall damage and he can take more damage. Idk whats written in the datebook about them.. but thats my ranking based on the manga/anime.

seastone weapons suck ]
u got an ussop mentality all fails without seastones, well raincheck its not going to happen seastone stuff r marine gear n we've yet to see pirates use them

well yea i don't wanna see anymore gears i want luffy to get a power up which doesn't involve gears
But Zoro get another powerup due but i don't know what he should get

toxun
August 16, 2008, 01:17 AM
Obviously the next powerup is spiritual energy lol.

Do You mean Haki (which Rayleigh & Shanks possessed). In That case which one of the crews do you think will be able to learn that. I kind see it in Zoro because his strong will. Luffy will is strong too but he's too stupid

kkck
August 16, 2008, 01:42 AM
I think luffy, zoro and sanji are already using haki at some level. Luffy did that wierd thing to duval's cow, kaku and that monk have comented on zoro's spirit being ferocious or something like that plus zoro getting enough limbs to use 9 swords and I personaly belive there is some use of haki involved in sanji's diable jambe.
Maybe the next powerup would be the use of haki consiously to be more specific.

Onomatopoeia
August 16, 2008, 01:48 AM
Actually while Sanji is the least known he uses Haki quite well. Oda has said that Sanji's Diable Jambe is only caused because his Spirit or Heart is on Fire. He has incorporated Haki into his attack which is quite impressive.

Akainu
August 16, 2008, 04:22 AM
so we have further haki powerups for the baka-trio, do the other 6 get haki too? that would imo be too much, as their will isn't as strong. (if that is a criteria for haki. since hacchan mentioned it I suppose we get to hear more about it, maybe robin knows?).
half of the remaining six might benefit form the kumabot parts (Franky, Usopp, Nami).
for Chopper, Robin and Brook I have no clue, but they are all fruit users ... Rumble Ball for everyone?

knivez
August 16, 2008, 06:48 AM
Chopper > better rumble ball or better faster healing skills.
Robin > fly, more physical strength
Brook > new status changing attacks
Franky > stronger body parts
Usopp > Haki definitally he puts his spirit power and will into his shots.
Nami > better weapon or maybe something using her thieving skills.

Monster trio > New attacks and haki.

but remember not all crew members need to be ridicolously strong they have other purposes. Navigating, intel, repairman, doctor, etc etc.

JC123
August 16, 2008, 07:54 AM
Usopp is already one of the most resilient SHs.

His tinkering would be best for improving Franky or the weapons he uses.

If he were to get Haki in some way, it would really put a damper on his creativity in weapon invention. Personally, I wouldn't want to see him improve in that regard.

DutchPhoenix
August 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
would be cool if zoro can use gorrila + asura together

neomaster121
August 16, 2008, 01:25 PM
I got it
the power up that we all knows been coming

beware n prepare

Zoro's next upgrade...
Elemental swords.
I know what you guys are thinking perfect another crazy idea but its not finished hehehe

Now His swords won't eat devil fruits but i think as a next step to his aura type attacking to improve his base level. He will be able to make his 3 swords using his aura represent different elements.
Wado becomes a ice sword
Shuushi becomes a water sword
N his cursed sword becomes a fire sword
i these 3 elements will represent the different anguish Zoro has faced since his first fight with kuma n encountering his own painful goal combined with luffys painful goal.
Combined will become some great attacking technique

Sanji well hes got the upgrade needed for the new world n has represented his teacher well maybe on both feet but hes good to go
Luffy will use his aura n gears for boosted attacking stregnth
Franky upgrade his armour
Robin n nami stay the same
Ussop is using dials what more could you want
Chopper won't change
Brookes, well maybe he will want to help Zoro more or learn some tricks of Zoro to increase his own power

Deathgod75
August 16, 2008, 02:23 PM
I got it

beware n prepare

Zoro's next upgrade...
Elemental swords.
I know what you guys are thinking perfect another crazy idea but its not finished hehehe

Now His swords won't eat devil fruits but i think as a next step to his aura type attacking to improve his base level. He will be able to make his 3 swords using his aura represent different elements.
Wado becomes a ice sword
i these 3 elements will represent the different anguish Zoro has faced since his first fight with kuma n encountering his own painful goal combined with luffys painful goal.

Sanji well hes got the upgrade needed for the new world n has represented his teacher well maybe on both feet but hes good to go
Chopper won't change
Brookes, well maybe he will want to help Zoro more or learn some tricks of Zoro to increase his own power

well instead of water id like to c wado as wind and the cursed sword as ice and then the black one was fire.

neomaster121
August 16, 2008, 02:47 PM
well instead of water id like to c wado as wind and the cursed sword as ice and then the black one was fire.

maybe
just went on the names wado being something bout snow then the black blade also known as autuurm water or something like that
then the cursed one randomly went fire but i still think it could happen and aid in fighting logia types

paradoxe
August 17, 2008, 01:41 AM
I was thinking Sanji would be the one with elemental themed attacks, considering his 'fire leg' Diable Jambe.

BlackHair
August 17, 2008, 04:58 AM
About that Aura think, I think if i compare it with DBs "Ki" or Bleachs "Reaitsu" it is just a outburst of strength. It is not an attack nor can it used with weapons. IF some1 is strong he will give a strong outburst out of him, therefore others will notice that this guy is strong. So ppl can feel each others outburst. If the outburst is hight/strong inexperienced ppl will faint. Therefore it cant be used with weapons or attack skills, it is something u will let continuously flow. Experienced ppl know how to control their outburst and r able to change it from low to max. I just saying right know, strong ppl like Sanji, Zoro and Luffy have already a strong outburst. But they prob cant control it, like I explained. btw Narutos Chakra is different.

DutchPhoenix
August 17, 2008, 06:20 AM
maybe zoro will be able to cut even elements ^^
sanji will be able to leave his footprints in pure iron
Luffy will come up with a different way of fighting becouse gear 2+3 is too harmfull for his body

Sachsenhesse
August 17, 2008, 08:26 AM
usopp will use luffy as giant rubberband und zoro as munition :)

no

zoro cut elemenents sounds teriffying... "hey there i´m a logia" *cut* "you was a logia"

Zoro needs to get more speed, hes strength improved a lot, but in speed he cannot match up with mihawk i think

Deathgod75
August 17, 2008, 08:41 AM
usopp will use luffy as giant rubberband und zoro as munition :)

no

zoro cut elemenents sounds teriffying... "hey there i´m a logia" *cut* "you was a logia"

Zoro needs to get more speed, hes strength improved a lot, but in speed he cannot match up with mihawk i think

it would be total BA if zoro could cut elements but i dont see how oda could explain it... scientifically theres no way but well just have to wait and see. and zoro's speed isnt that bad i mean he fought kaku who's a rokuishi master and uses soru.

BlackHair
August 17, 2008, 08:48 AM

Actually I posted about that earlier. It may cool if Zoro had a sword with seas stone material implemented. This way he could cut through logia.. not sure tho since they turned into their element and lost their physical body.

Sachsenhesse
August 17, 2008, 09:02 AM
it would be total BA if zoro could cut elements but i dont see how oda could explain it... scientifically theres no way but well just have to wait and see. and zoro's speed isnt that bad i mean he fought kaku who's a rokuishi master and uses soru.

jeah but that means he can catch up the speed with his eyes and swords, but by running? In the fight agains kaku he is most of the time in defencestance und waits for his counterattack.

mihawk doesnt say it out of fun, that he must become faster :/

Actually I posted about that earlier. It may cool if Zoro had a sword with seas stone material implemented. This way he could cut through logia.. not sure tho since they turned into their element and lost their physical body.

Jeah of course it would be nice for the logiahaters, like me, but zoro once said no to a upgrade for his swords after skypia. That only weaponupgrade zoro can achieve is, as i think, better swords, but even that becomes more difficult. So he needs some special movements like soru or new attacks.

neomaster121
August 17, 2008, 02:22 PM

as soon as Zoro starts using seastones he looses alls his coolnss same with sanji

what the hell is good about Zoro or ny other of the top end sh using seastones in fights its just not great
smoker is ok since its added danger for luffy but as soon as the sh crew start using seastones for fights well all their df enemies become useless
in fact its bloody illogical for Zoro to get a seastone
just think about it just for one second... why would Zoro learn to cut through iron (which is techniqually n element) when later down the line hes going to use seastones

it defeats the whole point of Zoro learning the breathe technique

u seastone lovers *!?!
u seastone lovers bloody sound like ussop n hes the only one i wouldn't give a damn if he used seastones he has no self respect when it comes to fights

JC123
August 17, 2008, 02:38 PM
dude, calm down...

And while I like Usopp, I don't like to think that someone has an unregarded bias against his "cowardice"

He has beaten a few good opponents. His best things (creativity and lack of physical strength) make him a VERY good long range combat specialist.

seastone won't help that at all.

neomaster121
August 17, 2008, 02:44 PM
dude, calm down...

And while I like Usopp, I don't like to think that someone has an unregarded bias against his "cowardice"

He has beaten a few good opponents. His best things (creativity and lack of physical strength) make him a VERY good long range combat specialist.

seastone won't help that at all.

lol true i should calm down

but don't u remember his ennies loby act of so called creaitvity

lets handicap our opponents with seastone handcuffs

BlackHair
August 17, 2008, 03:13 PM
as soon as Zoro starts using seastones he looses alls his coolnss same with sanji

what the hell is good about Zoro or ny other of the top end sh using seastones in fights its just not great
smoker is ok since its added danger for luffy but as soon as the sh crew start using seastones for fights well all their df enemies become useless
Ur way of thinking, that only DF User are strong is totally wrong dude. There will be prop plenty of times, where non DF strong enemies will face the SHs. Therefore seastone wont help much.. dont u think?

in fact its bloody illogical for Zoro to get a seastone
just think about it just for one second... why would Zoro learn to cut through iron (which is techniqually n element) when later down the line hes going to use seastones
U watched IronMan? he is made of, I think of even harder material than Iron without DF. Zoro could do nothing with a sesatone against him, if he couldn't cut thro iron..

I don't get ur way of thinking, r u saying with seastone he could cut through everything? Seastone nullifies the DF ability only, as far as I know.

I'm saying there will be many times in the future, where his cutting technique is asked. So far Mihawk looks like a non DF user, if that is the case, seasstone wouldn't help him at all.

u seastone lovers *!?!
I'm a logia hater, so yes I'am naturally seastone fanboy. Logia is way overpowered.

as soon as Zoro starts using seastones he looses alls his coolns

u seastone lovers bloody sound like ussop n hes the only one i wouldn't give a damn if he used seastones he has no self respect when it comes to fights
what did Zoro used again? against Enel in his desperate situation?! Yes Kebab (http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u35/badegg100/kebab.jpg)..its ok, just a rhetorical question.

Zoro uses a sword not a net, he cant catch some1. With so many DF ability there are plenty of ways to overcome seastone swords or Ussopes seastone bullets lol.

edit: plz dont misunderstand me. Its just a wish dream of mine. As far as I estimate One Piece, it wont happen.

JC123
August 17, 2008, 03:13 PM
True, and he was clearly outmatched by Jyabura as well. But when he was the ONLY one to fight against Spanda (m) when the rest were busy, he showed where his strength was. ;)

neomaster121
August 17, 2008, 03:25 PM
Ur way of thinking, that only DF User are strong is totally wrong dude. There will be prop plenty of times, where non DF strong enemies will face the SHs. Therefore seastone wont help much.. dont u think?

U watched IronMan? he is made of, I think of even harder material than Iron without DF. Zoro could do nothing with a sesatone against him, if he couldn't cut thro iron..

I don't get ur way of thinking, r u saying with seastone he could cut through everything? Seastone nullifies the DF ability only, as far as I know.

I'm saying there will be many times in the future, where his cutting technique is asked. So far Mihawk looks like a non DF user, if that is the case, seasstone wouldn't help him at all.

I'm a logia hater, so yes I'am naturally seastone fanboy. Logia is way overpowered.

what did Zoro used again? against Enel in his desperate situation?! Yes Kebab (http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u35/badegg100/kebab.jpg)..its ok, just a rhetorical question.

Zoro uses a sword not a net, he cant catch some1. With so many DF ability there are plenty of ways to overcome seastone swords or Ussopes seastone bullets lol.

ok well i'll break this down

iron guy as soon as hes touched with seastone looses his iron hardness then guess what Zoro cuts him down thats not the hard part

yea enel was a different cause but i for one thing that logias aren't as all powerful as they seem n i believe theres a balancing act between the 3 ennies loby went out of its way to show off zoans powers

I for one don't believe people can't be strong without devil fruits in fact i see df enemies as handicaps to Zoro n Sanji to over come thats why i atcually like them I think mi hawk wb shanks all are non devil fruit users

i just don't think u realise the effects seastone weapons have on df users and thats what im arguing against. Luffy has been locked in a seastone cage n he lost alot of his energy

now what would be the point of Zoro or sanji beating up a weakened df user because they handicaped them with a seastone to me thats useless

BlackHair
August 17, 2008, 04:10 PM
iron guy as soon as hes touched with seastone looses his iron hardness then guess what Zoro cuts him down thats not the hard part
Actually by Ironman I was talking about that guy here (http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/06/ironman.jpg). It was just a joke earlier, no need to quote that. Anyway, this thread is about "power advancements", what's the point in talking about the past? Did I say Zoro should have back then a sea stone sword, no only right now before the NW. Infact the past helped him to sharpened his skills.

yea enel was a different cause but i for one thing that logias aren't as all powerful as they seem n i believe theres a balancing act between the 3 ennies loby went out of its way to show off zoans powers
hu..wat?! plz why is enel different? he has a logia DF, that's the reason I love seastone. His ability was/is overpowered.

The only reasson the SHs beat him down was Shanks carelessness back then 10 years earlier in Luffys hometown, by letting Luffy eat the fruit.

i just don't think u realise the effects seastone weapons have on df users and thats what im arguing against. Luffy has been locked in a seastone cage n he lost alot of his energy
I do get ur point, but why are all new (strong)oppents df user?
btw Luffy lost only his power by touching the cage itself, not 'cause he was locked in it.

now what would be the point of Zoro or sanji beating up a weakened df user because they handicaped them with a seastone to me thats useless
One more reasons, why there should be less df ability user. In OP if u eat a fruit, u become "strong" without actually training for it, like Zoro for example. That's a fact I dont like about OP. Oda describes every strong character latly with a DF ability, why not more strong guys without DF?

I for one don't believe people can't be strong without devil fruits in fact i see df enemies as handicaps to Zoro n Sanji to over come thats why i atcually like them I think mi hawk wb shanks all are non devil fruit users I agree with u to a certain point. But u can be strong even without DF, or are u saying Zoro, Sanji, Co are weak ?!

Well anyway, imo at some point to show every opponent as a DF user is "to easy" for Oda :P

ok well i'll break this down
Didn't heard or saw anything, u? if yes, then prob just imaginations. Obviously there is nothing to break. We are talking about each others opinion about possibilities, which prob wont come true, u cant break that.

Sry, I edited my post earlier without refreshing the Tab. So I didn't saw ur post. Let me quote that part.

edit: plz dont misunderstand me. Its just a wish dream of mine. As far as I estimate One Piece, it wont happen.

toxun
August 18, 2008, 02:10 AM
I got it

beware n prepare

Zoro's next upgrade...
Elemental swords.

Wado becomes a ice sword

Chopper won't change

Zoro already showing his elemental attack when he fought Ryuma (Ittoryu Hiryu Kaen). If only that attack only a move Ryuma won't be burned and lost his shadow. It's somekind of holy fire I guess, and he's doing it with his oldest sword (Wadou Ichimoji)

neomaster121
August 18, 2008, 04:27 AM
Zoro already showing his elemental attack when he fought Ryuma (Ittoryu Hiryu Kaen). If only that attack only a move Ryuma won't be burned and lost his shadow. It's somekind of holy fire I guess, and he's doing it with his oldest sword (Wadou Ichimoji)

he just put salt on his blade so if the Zombie took a life threatenning injury because he could he would loose his shadow thats why the wound was set alight as soon as he was cut it wasn't because Zoro was using any sort of elements

but it would be cool if Zoro could summon mystic fire in his attacks.

the last time he used fire with his swords was back in little garden arc with his burning blades

Luckas
August 18, 2008, 01:41 PM
Please guys, stay on topic.

kkck
September 07, 2008, 02:47 PM
I was just thinking about the strawhats encounters with admirals so far and I came up with a theory.
When the strawhats meet aokiji they fought and were defeated easily. After this it was evident that the strawhats werent strong enough for what was yet to come. In other words they needed to get stronger.
As we all saw they indeed got stronger:
Luffy: Got gears.
Zoro: 9 sword stile
Sanji: Diable jambe
Ussop:Kabuto
Nami: Perfect clima tact.
Chopper: Didnt get an upgrade but showed monter point.
Robbin: Didnt get a powerup but on the other hand she just truly joined the strwhats at the end of ennied lobby arc
Franky: Wasnt a crewmember when strawhats got all their powerups, so he wasnt in need of one.
Brook: Not part of the strawhats or we knew existed when the first powerups were shown.

Now the strawhats fought kizaru, pacifista, kuma and sentoumaru, and it was more than evident that overall they were to weak. All strawhats vs just a pacifista barely won, and even if they had fought kizaru at full strength, it is evident that they would have lost without kisaru breaking a sweat.
Right now the strawhats are in clear need of getting stronger because like when they meet aokiji, they are not ready for what has yet to come.

SO what do you think? Did oda plan on showing the admirals as foreshadowing of powerups or is it just a coincidence that everytime they appears the strawhats are utterly defeated?

pjboom
September 16, 2008, 09:07 PM
I hate the new Ussoup's weapon, it's shameful to me, give him a damm crossbow, he will be able to do the same stuff but in a more dignified way.

Oblivion
September 16, 2008, 10:05 PM
no way usopps weapon is just as odd and weird as he is and it fits him sooo well.

kabuto is THE weapon for usopp, i'd be disappointed with anything conventianel

Razh
September 18, 2008, 03:10 PM

That wasn't a holy power.
It shows that Zoro's slash was so fast that it caused burning. I'm not familiar with why is fire blue in some situations (something to do with electrons), but you can be sure that Zoro didn't use some "holy slash" to cut Ryuuma.

Speaking of elemental blades; water, ice and fire.
I think we're jumping a little overboard with this aura thing, as if it's like The Force from Star Wars. Besides, should Zoro use all three blades at once, ice would just freeze the water, and then got melted by fire and turned to water again. He might as well carry a barrel filled with water on his back.:p

toxun
September 19, 2008, 07:16 AM
Then how come Ryuuma lost Brooke shadows? If only that just a normal slash, at least if only his sword is heated because of quick draw that won't make Ryuuma lost that shadows. If only that is the aftermath I think it won't last so long (electron=electricity?). Seemed it just an advance sword form. First form is cutting solid metal, second slashing soul, but I can't imagine which one is the third. Knowing that Zoro some kind of force sensitive (did I took from starwars :-p)

Razh
September 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
As for electrons, try wikipedia. I don't make shit up.
Ryuuma's body was all dry so it wasn't really hard to make it burn.
In any case, this is more likely than Zoro having a hidden ghost buster power...

As for shadow, it returned to Brook because Ryuuma's body was destroyed.
In any case, that is more likely than Zoro putting some salt on his blade (really...). First of all, that's not the way Zoro fights. And second, the way Zoro swings his katanas, how long would that salt remain on the blade.

OP_overlord
September 21, 2008, 11:50 AM
i dont know how but luffy and crew need another power up soon because they are getting destroyed by the new world.

winddial
September 21, 2008, 12:13 PM
That wasn't a holy power.
It shows that Zoro's slash was so fast that it caused burning. I'm not familiar with why is fire blue in some situations (something to do with electrons), but you can be sure that Zoro didn't use some "holy slash" to cut Ryuuma.

Blue fire is especially hot, and weak in soot particles. Normally it forms where semi-burned fuel (carbon monoxide) reacts with air oxygen.

But that kind of science is a bit off-topic here...

Yabe
September 22, 2008, 09:14 AM
8 posts have been deleted according to the old 'please stay on-topic rule'.
Sorry dudes, I'm trying not to let off-topic posts survive under my taking care.
:laser

Razh
September 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
Lol, it wasn't unexpected. :)

I think we should expect Luffy to at least learn some practical uses of Haki. First, Shanks gave a hint of it when he came to Moby Dick. Then Luffy was shown using it passively. Now we have Roger's first mate who uses it with ease and fights evenly with an admiral.

Don't know if Haki allows him to hurt a logia user. It's not yet excluded that Rayleigh has a DF too. Still, cut Kizaru with his sword. I'm inclined to believe that he dampens DF of his enemy. Hell, maybe Oda was fucking with us with that whole "fist of love" crap. Garp is someone who could easilly be able to use Haki too. When he punched Luffy, it was like Luffy wasn't even a rubberman.
But that's beside the point now.

Last time Luffy lost against someone, he figured he needs to become stronger, and made a tremendous advancement in his strenght and skill.
Lately, it only becomes harder for him from battle to battle. I think we can expect a new upgrade soon enough.

Yans86
October 08, 2008, 06:58 AM
Now that they r scattered,I hope that Sanji learn at least Geppou to get back on the island....

Dark_Pirate_King
October 09, 2008, 01:23 PM
well i think that the biggest upgrade for luffy would be that he could fight with gears whitout the side effects..and haki will be obvious..

and for brooke hmmm if he drinks three bottles of milk his bones will become as hard as diamond:D

Ustegius
October 09, 2008, 02:36 PM
Well, Brooke's weakest point for now seems to be lack of stamina, as shown in the FFR raid. So if he runs on top of water all the way back to Shabondy (well, maybe with few breaks), that could be the next power up for him. It would greatly increase both his stamina and speed. Maybe he even could learn some running techniques, similar to ones Sena uses in Eyeshield 21 perhaps.

RobinotX
October 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
He made a joke, brother.

But what is Gepou?

And my power advancement for Brook... Some kind of Voodoo song so he can manipulate his bones like Bara Bara ^^

Razh
October 14, 2008, 01:12 PM
Geppou is that air bouncing thing that members of CP9 do.

Usopp could use some highly destructive ammo.

RobinotX
October 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
Ah that..

Franky would get upgrades.. maybe Dial upgrades?

monkey D luffy
October 15, 2008, 04:34 PM
there is one technique luffy didnt learn from his enemies: mantra.
if he learns how to use mantra he can be pretty much unbeatable so im guessing he will not learn it but i really hope he does.

Tsukisama
October 15, 2008, 05:48 PM
there is one technique luffy didnt learn from his enemies: mantra.
if he learns how to use mantra he can be pretty much unbeatable so im guessing he will not learn it but i really hope he does.

I don't really want Luffy to learn mantra as it does not seem to fit well his fighting style. That said, I would like to see someone in the SH crew learn mantra. Mantra was an awesome ability, and it would be a shame for it not to be seen again. I am not sure whether or not I would like to see it on any of the current Mugiwara pirates, but it would be a nice feature on a new member.

BlackHair
October 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
I believe Mantra is sth u will gain with ur birth. I don't think it can be learned. So far as I remember.. I will check the Manga later and edit my post.

Imitorar
October 15, 2008, 09:52 PM
I believe Mantra is sth u will gain with ur birth. I don't think it can be learned. So far as I remember.. I will check the Manga later and edit my post.
No, I think that's only in Aisa's case, she was born with the ability. Other people can learn it. Enel probably developed it, aided with his Rumble Rumble Fruit powers, and taught it to the Priests. Maybe it was a common technique on Bilka, either way, I'm pretty sure it can be learnt.

bittman
October 16, 2008, 07:08 AM
Any possibly Mantra only even works in the sky sea. Who knows, it's a mysterious and mostly unexplained power at best and it really didn't fit Luffy. If anything, it fits Chopper who I think will actually be one of the few to pick up Haki with relative ease.

Imitorar
October 16, 2008, 10:10 AM
Any possibly Mantra only even works in the sky sea. Who knows, it's a mysterious and mostly unexplained power at best and it really didn't fit Luffy. If anything, it fits Chopper who I think will actually be one of the few to pick up Haki with relative ease.
Who said Mantra was unexplained? (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/257/07/) It would work fine on the Blue Sea, it's not limited to the sky at all. But you're right, it doesn't at all fit Luffy. He's never been about predicting his opponents moves, more about reacting to them. Chopper would probably take to Mantra best, but I don't know why you say he'll learn to use Haki with ease. I doubt Chopper has enough sheer focused willpower to use it to power up attacks. The way I see it, Haki fits Chopper about as well as Mantra fits Luffy. I'm doubting anybody but Luffy and Zoro use Haki. They're the ones who are most driven by ambition and willpower. Maybe Sanji, to complete the Monster Trio and keep him roughly equal with Zoro, but I don't think it would fit any of the other Straw Hats.

uchiha-Kakashi
October 16, 2008, 10:59 AM
Okay Luffy and the Straws hats almost died twice(from there wounds and because they didn't have their shadows) in their last big battle in thriller park. They barely took a few days to recover and now are back and active. We all know in the next 10 or 15 chapters they'll probably confronted by another one of the 7 pirates' team or an admiral's team. how do you believe in such a short time can they get stronger?

Zorro ist the strongest. he should be the captain.
<hr noshade size="1">
Zoro will beat KUMA for sure

bittman
October 18, 2008, 03:40 AM
Who said Mantra was unexplained? (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/257/07/) It would work fine on the Blue Sea, it's not limited to the sky at all. But you're right, it doesn't at all fit Luffy. He's never been about predicting his opponents moves, more about reacting to them. Chopper would probably take to Mantra best, but I don't know why you say he'll learn to use Haki with ease. I doubt Chopper has enough sheer focused willpower to use it to power up attacks. The way I see it, Haki fits Chopper about as well as Mantra fits Luffy. I'm doubting anybody but Luffy and Zoro use Haki. They're the ones who are most driven by ambition and willpower. Maybe Sanji, to complete the Monster Trio and keep him roughly equal with Zoro, but I don't think it would fit any of the other Straw Hats.

Whoops, forgot about that explanation.

Why Chopper will learn Haki with ease? Somehow I think the concept will have a lot to do with a combination of body, mind and spirit. Of course Luffy and Zoro, who are akin to battle geniuses, will learn this, however I feel other Strawhat's will struggle. Chopper, on the other hand, has been shown to know a lot about the connection between his own body, spirit and mind in the way he developed the Rumble Ball to call out his abilities.

That and I want to see Chopper do more than just get big, but for some reason that's all everyone else wants him to do.

kkck
October 18, 2008, 09:55 AM
I think zoro is the one who is going to have the least trouble with haki. He is already very disciplined and it has been implied in an ocation or two before that he can use some form of it.

BlackHair
October 26, 2008, 10:16 AM
Sry for my late reply, I completely forget about this topic in this thread..

No, I think that's only in Aisa's case, she was born with the ability. Other people can learn it. Enel probably developed it, aided with his Rumble Rumble Fruit powers, and taught it to the Priests. Maybe it was a common technique on Bilka, either way, I'm pretty sure it can be learnt.Wait, I can't recall anyone saying some1 has learned it.

If its learnable then I think more of those Shandia warrior would have learned it. But Since as far as I remember only Aisa had that ability, I believe its only sth u will gain with birth. Maybe there is sth genetic needed. If u have it, u can train it until u mastered it. But I don't think its learnable, if u don't possess the genetic (too much Stargate Atlantis xD).

About haki, I think no-one especially within the moster trio will have problem mastering it. So Luffy, Zoro and Sanji will learn it with ease. And since its One Piece, progress will be only sown in fights, no trainings chapter.

About Ussop: I rly hope once they arrive Elbaf, that he isn't a pussy any more. I know that will probably cause a complete character change, therefore also a different climate within the SHs, but I rly want him to change himself.

Nairey
November 17, 2008, 09:57 AM
From what I’ve understood, there are 2 known “arts”, which can give considerable bonuses and are available to almost everyone. These are:
Rokushiki (six styles) – used by CP9 agents, by training body allows to attain superhuman moves.
Haki (spirit/vigor/ambition) – used by at least 2 younko, Pirate King probably, by concentrating your spirit(?) allows to attain some interesting “bonuses”.
Rokushiki moves are: Soru (fast movement), geppo (mid-air movement), rankiyaku (ranged leg attack), shigan (finger poke…), kamisoru (evasive technique), tekkai (defensive, body hardening technique) and a bunch of combinative moves.
Known Haki effects are: strike hardening/empowering (by Margaret and co.), DF ability negating (by Railegh and snake sisters), Haki Burst *name is temporary* (by Shanks, Railegh etc.), Mantra, or prediction of enemy moves (by Enel & Co, snake sisters), flaming aura (by Mari of snake sisters, …Zoro?...Sanji???), hearing the breath of things (not shure if it’s the “Haki thingy”, but sertainly Zoro AND Nami are able to use it(I’m referring to her weather predicting)).
For logia haters…do you get that the moment Luffy learns how to negate DF ability with Haki, logia’s main advantage dissapers? :D Since then what matters is only how effectively you use your ability.
Conserning Sanji and flaming aura, I’m referring to Tb arc when after hearing about Nami’s abduction and “bath accident” he ignited and blew up. Even if it’s just a gag, why the hell he didn’t need any salt, purifying zombies with kicks only? :blink

brunoq
November 20, 2008, 08:22 AM
As we saw in the latest manga, Franky ended up on an island of a genius man (probably Vegapunk, just a guess), and nami landed on a Weather island, and Sanji on a Drag Queen Island.

Well, a really think Oda is going to power everyone up for the New World. Luffy has always been strong, and, my guess, he will learn how to use Haki with Hancock. Franky probably will get an upgrade on his cyborg abilities and Nami will learn a lot about weather and also power up her Tempo power! Sanji, well, I'm waitting to see how he's going to power up. So what do you think? What's the next step? How will they gather up? And how strong? Is Ussop on the Sniper Island? Is chopper on a medical country? Will they all gather at Impel Down? I really hope so! What do you think their power-up will be?

ofir271
January 04, 2009, 02:07 PM
this thread is becoming more relevant since the last developments
i put everything insdite a spoler cause im not sure whats the policy in this case

first the obvious:
luffy- the haki discovery can get him stronger but i didnt see anything really new. i guess it will come soon.
nami - the weather island is almost too good to be true.i wonder if she will only get some new props or some dipper understanding of the weather as well.
franky - the future island is a perfect fitt as well.he maybe a true oponent to the WG kumas things(forgot thier name)

for the rest im pretty much wondering. the rest of the crew sould have a power boost just for the sake of not being left behind,as well for the war (if they join) and the new world:
Ussop - my guess is we will see a new ussop - kind of a soke king without the musk.all he need is some courage and selfesteem,and that jungle where he cant relay of athers is a perfect chance.
zoro -it can be a new sword,but i have another idea.here is the deal:
the castle is the home of the owner of the previous owner of his cursed sword.with the help of perana and her ghosts connections the sword will reveal its true powers after the curse is lifted.another option is that perana help him connect with his lover and by that lift a huge weight of his heart and make him stronger.
robin - for some reason i dont think she will get a boost ,just some new knoledge that will make her more motivated(she is allready stronger then we saw)
brook- some panties didnt heart anyone(no idea really)
sanji - i guess oda want to kill kuma.jk - get closer to his femanine side(hope not too close)

neomaster121
January 04, 2009, 04:05 PM
From what I’ve understood, there are 2 known “arts”, which can give considerable bonuses and are available to almost everyone. These are:
Rokushiki (six styles) – used by CP9 agents, by training body allows to attain superhuman moves.
Haki (spirit/vigor/ambition) – used by at least 2 younko, Pirate King probably, by concentrating your spirit(?) allows to attain some interesting “bonuses”.
Rokushiki moves are: Soru (fast movement), geppo (mid-air movement), rankiyaku (ranged leg attack), shigan (finger poke…), kamisoru (evasive technique), tekkai (defensive, body hardening technique) and a bunch of combinative moves.
Known Haki effects are: strike hardening/empowering (by Margaret and co.), DF ability negating (by Railegh and snake sisters), Haki Burst *name is temporary* (by Shanks, Railegh etc.), Mantra, or prediction of enemy moves (by Enel & Co, snake sisters), flaming aura (by Mari of snake sisters, …Zoro?...Sanji???), hearing the breath of things (not shure if it’s the “Haki thingy”, but sertainly Zoro AND Nami are able to use it(I’m referring to her weather predicting)).
For logia haters…do you get that the moment Luffy learns how to negate DF ability with Haki, logia’s main advantage dissapers? :D Since then what matters is only how effectively you use your ability.
Conserning Sanji and flaming aura, I’m referring to Tb arc when after hearing about Nami’s abduction and “bath accident” he ignited and blew up. Even if it’s just a gag, why the hell he didn’t need any salt, purifying zombies with kicks only? :blink

no flaming haki it was a match the snake set herself on fire with a match lol

Zoro breath of all things seemingly like gold rodgers rayliegh seemed to suggest he had the power
if Zoro's haki is the same as rodgers and luffy's is the same as silvers then could be interesting cross over, just have to wait to find out what haki type Zoro is n what haki type gold rodger was i'm sure we'll be told some day but its just a suggestion don't think it will be the case

Zoro with perona could learn to battle with his spirt (she got the spirt breaker)
Also Zoro once used the breath to find his sword before when fighting mr1 but we know perona not gonna take Zoro to near death so maybe Zoro will learn how to hear the breath at will? just an idea

kkck
January 04, 2009, 06:12 PM
this thread is becoming more relevant since the last developments
i put everything insdite a spoler cause im not sure whats the policy in this case

first the obvious:
luffy- the haki discovery can get him stronger but i didnt see anything really new. i guess it will come soon.
nami - the weather island is almost too good to be true.i wonder if she will only get some new props or some dipper understanding of the weather as well.
franky - the future island is a perfect fitt as well.he maybe a true oponent to the WG kumas things(forgot thier name)

for the rest im pretty much wondering. the rest of the crew sould have a power boost just for the sake of not being left behind,as well for the war (if they join) and the new world:
Ussop - my guess is we will see a new ussop - kind of a soke king without the musk.all he need is some courage and selfesteem,and that jungle where he cant relay of athers is a perfect chance.
zoro -it can be a new sword,but i have another idea.here is the deal:
the castle is the home of the owner of the previous owner of his cursed sword.with the help of perana and her ghosts connections the sword will reveal its true powers after the curse is lifted.another option is that perana help him connect with his lover and by that lift a huge weight of his heart and make him stronger.
robin - for some reason i dont think she will get a boost ,just some new knoledge that will make her more motivated(she is allready stronger then we saw)
brook- some panties didnt heart anyone(no idea really)
sanji - i guess oda want to kill kuma.jk - get closer to his femanine side(hope not too close)

I dont think zoro is getting a new sword just yet. All his old swords are doing just fine as of now. Maybe that will change soon given that all the strawhats are getting upgrades as we speak that will change soon though.

I do believe he will have three swords of the same quality as wado (the one he got from that girl from his childhood). Particularly I always thought he would get a sword of that quality from tashigi although that prediction has no base whatsoever.

Deathgod75
January 04, 2009, 09:01 PM
Well it's pretty obvious that luffy, nami, and cranky are there for improvement, but I'm still in question of how the others locations will help them improve? Sanji gets mega strong and fast from running so much? Chopper? No idea. Ussop maybe more speed and accuracy. Robin? No idea. Zori maybe finds drawings on the ruins that improve his swordmanship. Brooke? No idea

hot_chips
January 05, 2009, 07:39 PM
I dont think zoro is getting a new sword just yet. All his old swords are doing just fine as of now. Maybe that will change soon given that all the strawhats are getting upgrades as we speak that will change soon though.

I do believe he will have three swords of the same quality as wado (the one he got from that girl from his childhood). Particularly I always thought he would get a sword of that quality from tashigi although that prediction has no base whatsoever.

NO, Zoro can' have a better sword than that of his Wado.
It would decrease the sentimental value of the blade.

kkck
January 06, 2009, 12:51 PM
NO, Zoro can' have a better sword than that of his Wado.
It would decrease the sentimental value of the blade.

I didnt say better, I said of the same quality. The sword zoro got from ryuma is of the same quality or rank as wado. I always thought he should get three of the same quality.

Ustegius
January 08, 2009, 04:14 AM
About Chopper's power-up; he is in the island of giant birds if I'm correct? Chopper does speak with animals. Maybe the birds are giant enough to calm down monster-form, and speak to it in the language it understands. Or something, but I strongly believe the birds have something to do with his improvement.

bittman
January 11, 2009, 07:51 PM
Two things on recent discussion:
1) Zoro's Swords: Let's say he does find a new sword, what would he throw away and why? Would he throw away the cursed blade to let it befall ill on a random stranger? Would he throw away the gift from a legendary swordsman won as a show of contest and his growth? Would he throw away the sword of his childhood promise? To me, the answer to all three is no. They have each defined a major piece of his growth and journey so for him to replace any of them would be unthinkable at the moment. Besides, aren't the other two blades of equal quality to Wado already?

2) Chopper: It is not his own self that is out of control, but the Devil Fruit. His mind is completely taken over by the Devil Fruit, so somehow I don't feel getting beaten in it by giant birds will work. But still, we'll see.

kkck
January 11, 2009, 08:19 PM
No one is saying zoro will ramdonly throw away his sword. Truth be told, zoro has swords of two diferent qualities: Wado and the one he got from ryuma are among the 21 best swords while the other one isamong the 51 best or something. In other words sandai doesnt cut it in comparison to the other two swords zoro has. Given that his oponents are going to get progresively stronger and so is zoro so it makes sense that if a sword is not going to make it is that one.

knivez
January 12, 2009, 04:22 AM
zorro is not going to get a new sword so soon after he got the previous one.

Onomatopoeia
January 13, 2009, 05:26 PM
I'm curious if anyone thinks that someone else will be getting Haki other then Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy? I've never really thought about it before but do any of the other SH's really fit into that sort of category? I suppose it would be a distinction between the Monster Trio and the rest of the Strawhats...

bittman
January 13, 2009, 07:24 PM
I've said I believe Chopper will get Haki, it might attune him to his own Devil Fruit and body better though he already has a greater understanding of both than his counterparts. The fact he knew about it when no-one else had kind of hinted at it for me.

That said, I cannot see Robin, Franky, Brooke, Nami or Ussop with it given their crazy easily-evolving abilities.

Onomatopoeia
January 13, 2009, 10:44 PM
I've said I believe Chopper will get Haki, it might attune him to his own Devil Fruit and body better though he already has a greater understanding of both than his counterparts. The fact he knew about it when no-one else had kind of hinted at it for me.

That said, I cannot see Robin, Franky, Brooke, Nami or Ussop with it given their crazy easily-evolving abilities.

I might be missing something but when did CHopper show knowledge of Haki?

Anyways isn't Haki pretty much willpower? I suppose if controlling Monster Point had to do with willpower your theory would make sense. Which could work since he he has to will himself to control it in some way.

bittman
January 14, 2009, 07:33 AM
I might be missing something but when did CHopper show knowledge of Haki?

Anyways isn't Haki pretty much willpower? I suppose if controlling Monster Point had to do with willpower your theory would make sense. Which could work since he he has to will himself to control it in some way.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/504/11/ - bottom right panel. I didn't say it was a lot, but Oda did give Chopper some knowledge. He could have just as easily let it slip by until the Kuja arc.

EDIT: WAIT! My apologies, it was Hacchi who talked about it. Ok, ignore my talk on Chopper using his previous knowledge. I'm still for Chopper learning it, but my argument has less backing now. They both had their mouths open, so it was hard to pick out at a glance.

Andonan
January 26, 2009, 06:45 PM
I am really curious as to how Oda is going to tell us what happened to everyone when they were transported.... I'm sure Zoro and Sanji are going to develop some new awesome moves, as i am now sure luffy has a couple new ones, GEARS 4 and 5 FTW!!!!

Perhaps Sanji and Zoro will beable to destroy seastone after their own mini arcs.....As i see it though i think it's Zoro and Nico who are in the most trouble, just because everyone else seems to have already found a friend....oh maybe chopper i guess but i reckon he'll turn man form ad the ppl he's with are so dumb they'll think he's a man lol

fastfonz
January 26, 2009, 09:03 PM
I am really curious as to how Oda is going to tell us what happened to everyone when they were transported.... I'm sure Zoro and Sanji are going to develop some new awesome moves, as i am now sure luffy has a couple new ones, GEARS 4 and 5 FTW!!!!

Perhaps Sanji and Zoro will beable to destroy seastone after their own mini arcs.....As i see it though i think it's Zoro and Nico who are in the most trouble, just because everyone else seems to have already found a friend....oh maybe chopper i guess but i reckon he'll turn man form ad the ppl he's with are so dumb they'll think he's a man lol

about destroying seastone.. I dont know.. I dont think they are physically as strong as Jimbei (Jimbei is most likely not a DF user), and unless he can break the chains he is imprisoned with, but doesnt want to.. then there is no hope for Sanji.. Maybe a sword could do it.. but again doubt it. Seastone is supposed to be stronger than diamond.. so when Zoro cuts a diamond.. then we are getting close :pwned

I cant wait to see what happens to the crew.. I dont know what I want more.. to see the crew of continue going down ID.

camil222
January 26, 2009, 09:30 PM
sry but i seriously doubt that luffy wil have anymore gears. i think oda introduced gear 2 and 3 and that was all. I cant really see luffy devellop anymore gears, like wat else could he do? become supper smart? other than haki, i dont think theyre will be anymore gears or upgrades or wtv you call it. but i dont kno if its me but i have a feeling that luffy will take a lot of time to master his haki and oda introduced the idea of haki before the new world so that luffy will devellop it in that part of the ocean. i say that because hancock comes from an island of wariors who uses haki and she has the kings haki and doesnt even master it yet, and since luffy has the same haki hell probably have a hard time controling it too. the reason too why i say hell have a hard time develloping it is because haki is completely different from the gears, its not something where you just blow air in your bones or just pump your blood vessels, its something psychological with a lot of aspect. like in the new world hell learn how too knock out everyone like shanks and rayleigh, hell learn how to put haki in his moves, hell learn how to predict the movement of someone, hell learn how to touch a logia type, etc. anyway all that just to say that i dont think hell learn anymore gears, those gears will be replace by luffy mastering every aspect of haki.

Andonan
January 26, 2009, 10:11 PM
Well then Camil if there isn't new gears i would certainly say that he has cotrolled some level of haki or somehow knows how to use haki, i mean he was on a boat with Boa for 4 days are you telling me he told him nothing BUT MORE THAN THAT is the fact that we are now on level 3 and he's already used his best move, things are only going to get tougher from here on out and i think he can't continue using his gears at this rate which would mean he must have some new moves up his sleeve

Isto
January 27, 2009, 06:56 AM
camil222

remember how fast luffy learned the movement of those cp9 guys

he told blueno in the fight against him that he saw them moving like that and copied it and thanks to them he realized that

luffy is a super fast learner he could learn something in an instant by realizing it deeply and trying it and after a couple of try's have it going

and i think he developed those cp9 copycat moves (rokushiki or what was that thing) and gear 2 + 3 in a days to save robin maybe even in hours

and that haki thing is something luffy does unconciusnesly (or what is the word) so it might not need put a little push and he is like "OH! it's this!" like some newborn baby finding his fingers or toes even they have been there all the time but he/she just did not realize it that "push" is even more probably going to be after luffy is beated up in a fight badly (maybe in a new world? or id)

and i dont think luffy has used his "best move so far" yet he used only gear 3 but luffy is capable of using gear 2 and 3 at the same time (like in thriller park) and that might be tons and tons more powerfull than only gear 3

c0nflikt
January 27, 2009, 02:18 PM
I think Garp taught luffy Haki in a unconscious way and we will see quickly whenever luffy meets his next big enemy what he knows exactly.

Imitorar
January 28, 2009, 08:39 PM
Andonan, I think you put too much store by Luffy having shifted Gears already. You see, Gear isn't like Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan was used for when an enemy required a higher level of strength just to fight them. Gear, however, was made so that Luffy could defeat any enemy that he needed to so that he could protect his crew and fulfill his dream. That means that Gear will (and has) been used even in situations when it wasn't necessarily NEEDED, but it just made things easier or faster.

For example, Luffy didn't NEED Gear to fight Blueno. It just got Blueno out of the way faster, and gave Oda an opportunity to showcase Gear. I mean, unlike most other "super modes", Gear tends to get used in short bursts of a minute or two. For instance, in the fight against Blueno, Luffy used it for about a minute, and then shifted back to Gear First. Against Lucci, Luffy originally used Gear Second for only a minute or two to buy Franky time, and then shifted out of it. Later he shifted back into it for much longer, but that was to finish the fight. And again, during that same fight, Luffy used Gear Third for about 2 or 3 minutes. The same could be seen from the fight against the Paxifista. He used Gear Second for one hard attack against it in the beginning, and then shifted back to Gear 1st. He then shifted into Gear Third to finish it off with Gum Gum Gigant Rifle, and then went back to Gear 1st. Or how he only shifted into Gear Third for one attack against the Marines outside of the auction house at Grove 1.

It shows more with Gear Third, because when he uses Gear Second he tends to stay in it longer, because Gear Second's usage is much more serious, due to its more deadly nature, but in short, just because Luffy uses a Gear doesn't mean that he NEEDS to use it, that he's not strong enough to go without it. It VERY often just means that he wants to get in a few really good, solid hits, or to end a fight quickly. I would say that the usage of Gear Third on the basilisk is the latter. Therefore, more Gears aren't required, at least, not as of now. Luffy will begin to grow aware of his strengthening Haki sooner or later, but I think it may take an arc or two after the Impel Down arc and the war. For now, I think Gear Second and Gear Third will see Luffy through for quite a while.

JinxJen
February 04, 2009, 05:51 AM
Well, if we compared with Dragonball, Luffy's Gear's techniques are just like Goku's Kaio-ken to increase more speed (Gear 2) and power (Gear 3) in a short of time. They both have the deadful effect on the body after using too much.

And of course, when Luffy learns how to use Haki, he will upgrade into something like Super Saiya ^__^

Oda-sensei just give us a training arc and process it in his own way. Maybe after this arc, Luffy would realize how weak he still be and the will to become more stronger by learning Haki, so that he could protect his nakama. Luffy need a reason to be stronger. Like when he was defeated by Lucci in Water 7, he came back and told Blueno it's not good if he still stays like that. He learn soru to move faster and use Gear 3 to increase the power.

The problem is his stamia cannot keep up with this so he need to improve his stamia. Maybe training like Zoro.

bittman
February 04, 2009, 07:19 AM
Oda-sensei just give us a training arc and process it in his own way. Maybe after this arc, Luffy would realize how weak he still be and the will to become more stronger by learning Haki, so that he could protect his nakama. Luffy need a reason to be stronger. Like when he was defeated by Lucci in Water 7, he came back and told Blueno it's not good if he still stays like that. He learn soru to move faster and use Gear 3 to increase the power.

The problem is his stamia cannot keep up with this so he need to improve his stamia. Maybe training like Zoro.

Two things:
* Training Arc D= What do you think this is, every other manga in existence? Why would One Piece, after 520 chapters showing next to no training, suddenly add a training arc?
* Luffy has far more stamina than Zoro. Sure, Luffy never gets as ridiculously bloody as Zoro, but as the saying goes you live by the sword you die by the sword, so Zoro gets cut a fair bit. Usually Luffy sleeps for 2-3 days after a big battle, but then is instantly recovered. When Zoro took Luffy's damage onto his own, he not only slept for 3 days but is still severely injured a week or more later.

Of course I might be fighting a losing battle with that second one. This forum is full of Zoro-fans who will be quick to show off how Zoro takes more fatal blows than rubber Luffy. I can remind you of Alabasta arc if you guys want.

JinxJen
February 04, 2009, 10:03 AM
I did also add "process it in his own way". He actually did the training on his own (in Kuja, he said he will train by walking by his hand) after the defeat by Kuma. Well, you know, everytime Luffy was defeated, he come back with his new technique. So Oda-sensei need a arc to show how he gets it. That's what I mean.
I didn't say that Luffy has less stamina than Zoro. I just mean that Luffy cannot keep up with his Gear 2 too long because of his stamina (I think it was Lucci who said it) I just think if Luffy start training like Zoro, could it improve his stamina?

Imitorar
February 04, 2009, 08:41 PM
Not really, I think Zoro mostly does strength training. There's probably a fair bit of stamina training in there also, but it'd be stamina in terms of wind and how long you could swing your arms, not general how-long-can-you-go-with-your-blood-pressure-not-tearing-your-body-to-pieces stamina, which is what Luffy needs. I believe he said when he fought Blueno that he could get used to the strain of Gear Second, and I think acclimatization is his best option, as well as his most likely.

rhysno1
May 28, 2009, 01:55 PM
Luffy- better mastery on haki and less reliant on gears.
Zoro - better durability seriouslty get this guy some tekai.
Sanji - okama kenpo, hey he's on the island plus he need some more rythm.
Nami - mantra maybe, i can see that working well with her lightning based abilities.
Usopp - more complicated shots, like using chemicals and stuff in his bombs.
Chopper - life return, i cant find a person who could use it better especially in the hairy point.
Franky - not much maybe just some kind of stronger metal.
robin - i think her strenght and capabilities with her DF will increase like bigger range.
brooke - maybe a better sword, like a meitou.

kkck
May 28, 2009, 07:55 PM
Haki for the first 3(so that they can hurt the 3 admirals) and increase strength, speed and gadgets for the rest...

zerocooldx
May 30, 2009, 08:10 AM
I think we are going to see gear 4 from Luffy pretty soon. Because the 2nd and 3rd gear just aren't getting it done anymore. Also i don't think improvement of Haki will help Luffy that much at his current level. Because just Haki will do him little if any good against powerful Devil Fruit users let alone the non Devil Fruit users, such as Sentoumaru. We have seen speed and strength with gear 2 and 3 so i think we may see some type of "laceration" ability with the 4th gear. I mean it just seems like the next likely ability for Luffy. Which will allow him to "cut down" his opponents and give him a balanced and well rounded attack base.

Rotten The Wizard
May 30, 2009, 09:40 AM
Nami - mantra maybe, i can see that working well with her lightning based abilities.
Chopper - life return, i cant find a person who could use it better especially in the hairy point.
robin - i think her strenght and capabilities with her DF will increase like bigger range.

are you serious?!
Did you see what Zoro withstoood at thriller Bark?

zelllogan
May 31, 2009, 01:26 PM

Luffy - Does he really need anything ? I'm not sure. He is already strong enough for the moment. I think that Luffy won't have full mastery of haki anytime soon.
Zoro - he already have the best durability in the whole manga. What he needs is a "devil" haki (not a full mastery) and why not shodaime kitetsu.
Sanji - That okama thing is getting on my nerves.
Brooke - He doesn't deserve a meitou. He is a second rate swordman. He isn't playing in the top league.
Chopper - What he need is confidence and master his monster point.
Usopp - What he need is confidence and that's all. When he's fighting without fear, he is a great fighter. He showed it when fighting luffy.

Benjamin Kaito
June 03, 2009, 06:57 PM
Luffy- better mastery on haki. Maybe a stronger gear that doesn't have those bad side effects.
Zoro - mastery over Asura
Sanji - okama kenpo, mastery over Diable Jamble
Nami - mastery over the weather
Usopp - new weapon maybe or at least new ammo. Lots of courage.
Chopper - find a way to get a hold of himself when in Monster Point. More self esteem.
Franky - Upgrades on his weapons and body.
robin - More mastery over her DF. its really handy and she can even fly for a tiny bit.
Brooke - uh..well..new techniques i guess. Maybe something on the same level as Diable and Asura.

beastboy
June 04, 2009, 02:57 PM
BROOKE: Making is attacks fly is ok, but how will he be able to do this, he hasn't muscles to improve yohohohohohoh skull joke (and he becomes able to walk in the water more time)
luffy: GEAR 4 using is rubber body he finds a way to heat up is body producing melting rubber, it hurts a lot when hitting the opponent, but luffy also hurts himself (perfect for gear)
Zoro: Lerns how to cut the sea, dividing it in 2 parts, and coming back to shabondy (err its east blue, wrong way)
Sanji, learns a secrete technique of okama kenpo, but he adapts it to is fighting style.
Nami, attaches those strings of weather to is clima tact, and/or her clima tact its a wether paramecia..
Usopp, its an island full of dangers so he will become brave and improve is close range fight, but just in the matter of serious fights, in sunny he will be the same as ever..

Ustegius
June 06, 2009, 01:38 PM
Brook: I'll just quate myseld from "Where Tehy Are & Why Theyre there sent by Kuma" thread

I think it is almost certain, that Brookes power up will deal with music. Just think about it, The cultists wanted revenge to Longarm Tribe, am I correct? The only possibly Longarm we know is Apoo. Apoo certainly had a DF that turned his body in to an instrument, but that still doesn't explain how he learned those musical attacks, especially the blow that "destroyed" Kizaru. So I have a hunch that Brook will learn some Longarm musical secrets, maybe the same ones that Apoo knows.

Franky: Updates, maybe he finds someone who he (Franky) thinks is trustworthy and skillfull enough to fix his weak point, the back.

Chopper: Hmm, Kingdom of Birds. I bet he'll make use of his ability to talk with animals, and learn something from the birds. Or maybe the giantic birds help him "tame" monsterform.

Zoro: No idea. Guess he'll have to get familiar with the new sword, and maybe starts to get the hang of his "devil aura/haki"-thing.

Sanji: Speechless. Please, no okamakenpo. Or atleast he should adapt it to his style a lot.

Luffy: Hmm, can't really say anything. Signs indicate that he slowly is becoming more aware of his haki.

Nami: Weather stuff, and some cool way to take advantage of the principals behind the wind-knots. Same way she understood the beauty behind Clima Tact, that was originally just a party toy.

Robin: Learns maybe something significant. Also further improves control over DF, and becomes even more talented with sneaking, spying and other stealth stuff.

Usopp: I have hunch that his upgrade deal with bugs somehow. There has been hole bunch of thing indicating it. In Jaya, he revealed his affection to spiders, and showed now fear among insects. He also was pretty impressed with Luffys beetle hunting results. Oh, and there were the fake creepies he threw on Perona. And the name of the new slingshot is "Kabuto", which translates on to beetle, if I'm correct.

Lord Rayleigh
June 06, 2009, 02:17 PM
@ Ustegius :
Interesting about Usopp : I did not think about that. About Brook too, but I had already seen this post of yours.

and showed now fear among insects.
Did you mean " shown no fear among insects " (meaning the only animals he is not afraid of : insects) or/and " now, frightens people with insects " ?

Ustegius
June 06, 2009, 02:40 PM
@ Ustegius :
Interesting about Usopp : I did not think about that. About Brook too, but I had already seen this post of yours.

Did you mean " shown no fear among insects " (meaning the only animals he is not afraid of : insects) or/and " now, frightens people with insects " ?

Oh, pardon my bad grammar, not a native speaker ;)

Of course I meant, that he doesn't fear insects. And was kinda fond of the tarantulas. As in the same position Nami ans Sanji where all girly and screaming.

Though, the scares people with insects also happened, with Perona. Not that I intended my post like that ^^

morkelkey
July 01, 2009, 01:33 AM
Hi dear friends,
I really think about wiper.
It's right choice for us.. Rejection in rare case but nearly broke their shoulder.
Thanks

BlindMunkey
July 01, 2009, 01:50 AM
for most part we all know what kind of upgrade the crewz getting.
luffy=haki
zoro=haki[evil haki]
sanji= most likely better kenpo. not okama.. but he will develop his own style ofc.
nami=weather or wind control to some point. to be more precise knowledge of weather
robin=better undstanding of past or void century.
franky= better unstanding of cyborg upgrades
brooke = no idea.
chopper=gain more knowledge on medicine which may or may not help him control his monster point.
ussop = not really sure.. his sniper skills are great as it is. so maybe this will be about him becoming little bit more of a Brave warrior of the sea. after all its his dream.

Lobotomy Jane
July 18, 2009, 06:41 AM
I think that teletransportation stuff of Kuma have moved the SHs to specially designated places.
- After the good or bad ending of Ace's execution, Luffy would find a Haki trainer old man (with a strange appearence that will make Luffy admire him xD)
- Zoro would have to fight a huge strong ghost in that creepy place, and fearing for her life, Perona would tell him how to defeat a ghost with a sword. Then Zoro will be able to cut ghosts!!
- Nami is going to learn something useful about weather in that sky island she has been moved to. I hope it's something about creating wind to move th Thousand Sunny through the calm belts.
- Usopp, yeah, he will find some bravery :D
- Sanji... a double Diable Jambe? xD I think he will learn some kind of way to be able to defeat a woman.
- Robin will find a Clue Stone.
- Franky will make some upgrades with the help of Vegapunk's knoledge. Perhaps a cola-making machine to put it inside is stomach.
- Brook... who knows? Myabe he will know about a way that Laboon can use to return to his home.

kkck
July 18, 2009, 01:17 PM
I do not think luffy will actually train with someone to achieve control over his haki. I think during the war between WB and the WG he will actually notice how some people use strange power(plus his experience in amazo lili) and eventually start using his own haki little by little.