PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Manga you never want to read again (and why)

LaughingMan
June 26, 2008, 09:52 PM
I know a lot of people have stuff they hate and can't see why in the hell it's popular. I was browsing through the Otaku Cafe and noticed the top 20 mangas thread and decided to make this!

You do not have to list reasons if you don't want! And please don't try to flame anyone's decisions in this thread! However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a civilized question or comment!

My Top 3!

1.One Piece
2.Naruto
3.D. Gray-man

My reason for disliking One Piece is probably due to my love for artwork, and I detest One Piece's.

Naruto... because it slowly developed a lot of plot holes and in my opinion lacks good character devlopment.

D. Gray-man; It feels like another attempt at copying what most shonens do, making one category of warriors and making a lot of them with various abilities. Basically it's completely unoriginal [of course this is just my opinion].

bunshindattebayo
June 26, 2008, 09:56 PM
Is it okay to make a thread like this?Because this can lead to a big bashing storm.

Oh,and as a One Piece fan.I gotta say that One Piece's artwork is pretty damn good.Even better than Dragonball Z.Just try read it,and you'll see that the art improves later in the story.

LaughingMan
June 26, 2008, 10:33 PM
I would hope that the people around this forum are mature enough to discuss something like this. I just want to discuss why some people dislike certain manga that some people consider award worthy. And about One Piece, I read it for about five volumes because of the advice of my friends. TBH it's about the worst I've seen [other than the new Hunter X Hunter chapters], but it's probably because of the style rather than the art. Dragonball Z is no where near the pintacle of animation either, the backgrounds are very simple and the characters lack detail, by taking someone's hair off of their head and putting it on another character you couldn't tell the difference.

Succubus
June 26, 2008, 11:05 PM
Inuyasha is very horrible.. I dropped it from long time

bunshindattebayo
June 26, 2008, 11:45 PM
And about One Piece, I read it for about five volumes because of the advice of my friends. TBH it's about the worst I've seen [other than the new Hunter X Hunter chapters], but it's probably because of the style rather than the art. Dragonball Z is no where near the pintacle of animation either, the backgrounds are very simple and the characters lack detail, by taking someone's hair off of their head and putting it on another character you couldn't tell the difference.
I have the same thought with you when I first saw One Piece.But,don't stop at volume 5.Read till you reached volume 10,then you'll see some great fights and the art improvement.:amuse

On-topic:
Mine is Mx0.How can a story about a boy who can't use magic even though he's in a magic school be popular?

Kaiten
June 27, 2008, 01:39 AM
Inuyasha is very horrible.. I dropped it from long time

Ugggh. I have nothing nice to say about Inuyasha. I used to like it then it got really stupid. Funny story: I'm still a mod for an Inuyasha forum. At least it has a nice general manga area.

kirimi
June 27, 2008, 02:28 AM
I would hope that the people around this forum are mature enough to discuss something like this.

I would hope so too, but perhaps just to tone it down, the thread title will be changed a bit.

For me, one example that came to mind was Hunter x Hunter. At first, I just couldn't take the technical terms and the need to explain every single attack in excruciating detail. The premise itself is not interesting either. Then, the art went rough, and giant bugs appeared. I gave up after that. :p

LaughingMan
June 27, 2008, 11:24 AM
:) I hate Inuyasha too, it starts off great but after a while it's just windscar, windscar, backlash wave ftw.

Maxy Barnard
June 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
I beg to differ on One Piece, it's almost disney-esque style in pretty much up to and past the skypiea arc carries a definite charm, and the current art is brilliant too, if getting a bit too actiony.

Inuyasha is a series i truly can't stand, being mindless derivative drivel dressing itself up as brilliance, and falling far short.

outside of that I can honestly say the appeal of series like Baki the grappler is lost on me, with an art style that seems to intentionally make everyone look like they've had their brains cave in

LaughingMan
June 27, 2008, 08:13 PM
Imo, One Piece's style is incredibly simple, ugly, and original. The facial features are extremely simple or over exaggerated. The bodies of One Piece characters [i.e their fingers and feet] have a circular and cartoonish looks to them too. I don't think the artists are lazy or anything, again I just think his style is extremely ugly and intolerable.

bunshindattebayo
June 27, 2008, 10:39 PM
Imo, One Piece's style is incredibly simple, ugly, and original. The facial features are extremely simple or over exaggerated. The bodies of One Piece characters [i.e their fingers and feet] have a circular and cartoonish looks to them too. I don't think the artists are lazy or anything, again I just think his style is extremely ugly and intolerable.

The unusual art is one of the elements that makes this manga great.It looks fresh and funny,so all shonen readers can enjoy a brand new art style that's different from the too detailed or generic shonen manga art style.It's really similiar to Fairy Tail and Rave.When you see a fight scene,you'll see that the art suddenly get detailed.

barbapapa
June 28, 2008, 06:48 AM
Reborn
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Shaman King

just about the 3 worst shounen series I've read

Koen
June 28, 2008, 08:32 AM
First of all: imo you should at least have tried a manga to give your opinion about it. So Let's say I'll give three mangas that someone gave to me but didn't appeal me at all
1. Cromartie Highschool
2. Yakitate Japan
3. Genshiken

LegACy
June 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
Eh? May I know why you dislike Japan, koenosaki?

For me, it's
1. Inuyasha > It feels like an action-adventure Doraemon...
2. Bleach
3. Real

And about One Piece, TBH, I only follow it first for it's fighting scenes (I love Luffy's naming for technique). But heck, I fell in love with it when it reach Enies Lobby arc, and now it's just getting Epic. And , when I reread it from the beginning again... it makes me really wonder why I dislike it, the drama at the first parts is just awesome!! (Jeff leg eating, Bellemere's sacrifice)

LaughingMan
June 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
The unusual art is one of the elements that makes this manga great.It looks fresh and funny,so all shonen readers can enjoy a brand new art style that's different from the too detailed or generic shonen manga art style.It's really similiar to Fairy Tail and Rave.When you see a fight scene,you'll see that the art suddenly get detailed.

I don't think One Piece's art is detailed at all, and I've seen a few of it's fight scenes however mostly from the beginning of the series, even though I did see another one [Luffy and Blueno]. Imo you're using the word detailed too lightly, and that most manga isn't detailed at all. Examples of detailed manga though would include Vagabond, REAL or Berserk. That's just my opinion as someone trying to obtain the skill in order to create my own manga.

Also I agree with the comments that Reborn, Shaman King, and Samurai Deeper Kyo are bad mangas lol. And Legacy! Why don't you like REAL?! Btw, Bleach is another manga I don't want to read anymore either, went straight to hell after the soul society saga.

Maxy Barnard
June 28, 2008, 03:42 PM
Reborn
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Shaman King

just about the 3 worst shounen series I've read

I'd defend shaman king, but it is really really REAAAAALLY flawed and lacks basic storytelling skills.

And samurai deeper kyo is beyond shit. its just........ so bad.

and LegACy, isn't that a bit mean to doraemon? :P

Koen
June 28, 2008, 07:07 PM
Eh? May I know why you dislike Japan, koenosaki?

You don't have to search a lot behind it. It's just not my kind of genre and story.

but as I repeat: I'll certainly understand others love it and won't judge them ;)

bunshindattebayo
June 28, 2008, 09:27 PM
Okay,this the is list of mangas that I won't ever read again:
-Alive: The Final Evolution
-Hikaru no Go
-Pretty Face
-Vagabond
-Real
-Berserk
-Mx0
-Hunter X Hunter<-----The art makes me sick for some reason,even though the anime is better.
-Tsubasa
-Claymore

nxlouco
June 28, 2008, 09:29 PM
1. Nurarihyon no Mago (Lost Interest, Some Thing In There Just Didn´t Get My Attention)
2. Hunter X Hunter (Never Got Past First Chapter)
3. Inuyasha(No Comment)

Raffian
June 29, 2008, 12:30 AM
1. Nurarihyon no Mago (Lost Interest, Some Thing In There Just Didn´t Get My Attention)
2. Hunter X Hunter (Never Got Past First Chapter)
3. Inuyasha(No Comment)
C'mon! Nurarihyon no Mago is just new!! Give it a chance!!

I don't usually read a manga unless I know I'm gonna like it, unless it's in Shonen Jump, and I just read Shonen Jump cover to cover...
So, there's probably no manga that I'll won't ever read agian...

Luckas
June 29, 2008, 08:53 AM
Please guys, you should not only mention the mangas you don't like but also why you don't like them and obviously not bash ;)

Yabe
June 29, 2008, 10:00 AM
My lists are:
HEN & Masakazu Katsura's mangas (though I did finish I''s because my love for the character of Itsuki) - because there're too many sexual contents.

I don't think One Piece's art is detailed at all, and I've seen a few of it's fight scenes however mostly from the beginning of the series, even though I did see another one [Luffy and Blueno]. Imo you're using the word detailed too lightly, and that most manga isn't detailed at all. Examples of detailed manga though would include Vagabond, REAL or Berserk. That's just my opinion as someone trying to obtain the skill in order to create my own manga.

LaughingMan-kun, I'm happy to know your love of Vagabond's and REAL's art - and (sorta) get why you don't like One Piece's - but I wouldn't call OP's art is not detailed, I would say the drawing is not realistic, but there are indeed a lot of details being put in each objects and panel's scenes (and lately Oda's art has improved very much that I'm so impressed). So, I take it that you like reading manga that's drawn realisitically...? So, so -- have you any chance check at Rookies & Angel Heart? (promote them in all oppotunity, dear me -_-;)

@LegACY & bunshindattebayo: why you never want to read REAL?!

barbapapa
June 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
First of all: imo you should at least have tried a manga to give your opinion about it. So Let's say I'll give three mangas that someone gave to me but didn't appeal me at all
1. Cromartie Highschool
2. Yakitate Japan
3. Genshiken

Hahaha, poor Wim.
Lending out some of his best manga in vain.

abu_89
June 29, 2008, 01:03 PM
1. Touch, Cross Game, H2 (all Adachi Mitsuru manga): The first series you read from this author seems a bit refreshing from the traditional sports manga, and then you read the next one which is basically a copy of the first with different characters. :| And then you never want to read another manga by this author again.. :(

2. Inuyasha: The story just became convoluted and totally weird after like a hundred or two hundred episodes (in the anime). Gaaah... it had the potential to be really good, but got screwed up.

3. 666 Satan: It's just like a general shonen series. After you've read it once, there really are no twists and the character development is pretty much non-existent. Still a good read but not worth re-reading.

4. Air Gear: Bad Storytelling. Art is fantastic but the storytelling is lost on me.

5. Baki: All the Baki series of manga have a really unique style of art, which I find really ugly. And in terms of storyline, it's just brawling against some screwed up opponents. :\

6. Case Closed/Detective Conan: Too long... Too much filler. Not enough character development. :( I still read it though, to find out what happens next, but GAAAAAHHH!!!!

7. Hitomi no Catoblepas: bleh. Too short as well.

8. Hunter X Hunter: Good until the bug saga. It should have ended after Greed Island but I guess the mangaka got greedy. :\ Stupid mangaka... making me hate a series I used to like.

So many more... :\ ... It annoys me greatly how good manga end prematurely and crappy manga keep going on... :\

LegACy
June 29, 2008, 10:16 PM
About real:
uuh, dunno, may be I bought the wrong volume?? I bought vol 3 (or 4? it's the one with the flashback about him after he lost his leg) and I'm not really interested with it.

About OP:
Doh, yeah, the art is annoying to some people, because they're like... too unique. I mean, what is up with Franky's jaw or Ussop's nose?? The only ones with normal appearance are probably only luffy, zoro and nami <_< But haha, I think it's better than Naruto (where the style of hair is really limited) or Hiro Mashima's work (Where gray's hair is used in almost every manga of his)

And about Shaman King, I agree it's reaaally crappy, but it's not in the catagory of "Manga you never want to read anymore". More like "crappiest manga you've read" =p (come on, it is good before they enter the tournament)

LaughingMan
June 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
Okay,this the is list of mangas that I won't ever read again:
-Alive: The Final Evolution
-Hikaru no Go
-Pretty Face
-Vagabond
-Real
-Berserk
-Mx0
-Hunter X Hunter<-----The art makes me sick for some reason,even though the anime is better.
-Tsubasa
-Claymore

Obviously Bunshindattebayo chose to wonder into the top twenty of your favorite mangas topic and bash the ones that I did like.

Firstly, I doubt you've ever seen or read Hikaru no Go, Pretty Face, Real, or Tsubasa because you're obviously you're an action fanatic who couldn't muster the intelligence it would take to defend your favorite things. This is precisely why I asked people coming into this forum to be mature and try not to flame other people's likings, it isn't like I'm trying to personally insult you I just don't like One Piece. I would appreciate if you just didn't come back into this room if you're going to be childish, [you don't like mine so I don't like yours nonsense].

Anyway, yeah, I would agree that I do like manga that is drawn somewhat realistically, but not only that kind. I just think that it takes a lot of detail, anatomic logic, and skill to draw in that particular way. There are plenty of manga that I do like with unrealistic animation but One Piece's just kind of goes too far imo. [Examples of manga I do like can be found in Bunshin's attempt to bash good entertainment :p]

Edit: I'd also like to take the time to say I agree with every single choice you made abu_89! Especially Hunter X Hunter ending after the Greed Island saga. It didn't even feel right for them to spend months inside of a video game and then come right outside to continue fighting. Also, I will try Rookies! Looks sweet.

3TimesAsAnonymous
June 30, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'd have to say my most hated mangas are One Piece and Naruto.

I just really can't stand preteen/teen wonder boys, and in One Pieces case, add to that terrible animation.

Also lol @ Bunshindattebayo

Luckas
July 01, 2008, 09:53 AM
Remember guys, don't bash neither mangas neither posters ;)

No_Comxxx
July 05, 2008, 08:32 AM
1. Hunter x hunter: the mangaka isnt serious to write the manga(woot is 2-3 years off)

2. Captain Tsubasa: ITS NOT REALISTIC,and the art is worse than shit(like the persons leg,is just too tall)<-----the most jhated manga that i ever read.

3. Inuyasha: the storyline its very confusing.....

4.Nuharyon no mago: bah woot the hell is this manga

5. Naruto: LOL its endless.......................

Wire
July 08, 2008, 06:04 PM
1. Rosario + Vampire:
a. The whole lets all be freinds thing is just boring
b. How many times can the whole "testing are bonds" thing be interesting
c. I hate harem stories where the guy is too lame to enjoy having a harem
d. I hate characters who fall in love for NO REASON AT ALL
2. D-Gray Man (I can't imagine why anyone ever liked it)
3. Hitman Reborn
a. How is it that every mafia family has a base in Tokyo
b. and they all have japanese names
c. and they are all of Japanese decent

Bleach I think has redeemed it self from the mess of random fight scenes it was a few months ago.

I may/likely will stop reading Naruto soon. It gots loads of interesting characters who disapeer after one appearance, its main story is too malodramatic, the character development is lackluster except in two or three cases, and NOONE EVER ACTS LIKE A DAMN NINJA!! Also the anime has decend into hour after hour of brain mutilating nothingness.

sylvira
July 09, 2008, 02:05 PM
Inuyasha, hands down. -shudders-

The plot was alright, if bland, but the thing never ended. -facepalm-

Emily00
July 12, 2008, 11:53 PM
I totally love Hana Yori Dango, but I would never read again a lot of the beginning because the art is so terrible. But yes I did force myself to read through all of the beginning at least once.

Ramza
July 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
lol one piece not detailed?

style is one thing, but
doesnt it have the most detailed art among all the current WSJ mangas?

and no, im not going to compare one piece with manga like berserk, because it is a pointless comparison
its like telling a really fast runner, LOL U ARE SLOW, the world champion can run faster than u

Ustegius
July 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
Well..
1. Inu Yasha - for already mentioned reasons
2. Hunter x Hunter - As many said before, just great before the bug saga. Shoul have ended with dignity after GI.
3. Prince of Tennis - I don't really think it has a lot re-read value. You know how the matches end, and towards the end the special moves get just silly. No, it's not a bad manga, entertaining sport series, just that I won't probaply read it never again.

feisu-chan
August 18, 2009, 08:57 AM
ayashi no ceres... i can't stand the uber cheesy lines... was halfway done just to know what happened, but i couldn't make myself finish it...

Drmke
August 18, 2009, 10:02 AM
Inuyasha like most people here....after the band of seven arc, it was all so repeatitive and I couldn't remember what happened last chapter.

Most recently, Onihime VS. Such an annoying awful manga imo....I tried to get through it but only made it to chapter 7. It just feels so overdone and the plot is unbelievably predictable.

Kaiten
August 18, 2009, 10:16 AM
Gantz. Ugh. Boring, repetitive, poorly written, poorly drawn. Zetman's poor relation, IMO.

Ustegius
August 18, 2009, 04:32 PM
I must in great shame take my words back. I got past the early part of Chimeara arc, and I must say it (HxH) is actually very enjoyable. And the drawing style is very refreshing among the typical WSJ stuff (well, OP being the other happy exeption).

I tried Cherry Juice, because fangirls keep bashing me as a ignorant non-experienced action and blood fanatic, when I say I detest Tanemura and similar series, that are so sweet that it makes you puke, and also have cheap hundred times used plotlines. The sad part is that I think I actually do a good jobb describing why I dont like the stuff, and 'enemys' only point seems to "there is so much blood". And Monster doesn't even have that much blood in it.... And well, Cherry Juice is also on my never to read ever list now.

tasuki00
August 18, 2009, 04:40 PM
I totally agree on One Piece not just because of the art but it's so long and I hated it for a long time. It took forever to read through it and I really just kept reading because I hadn't developed the ability to stop. I really don't like the world itself. The only reason I started to like it is I started viewing it as tongue in cheek on the shounen genre and a lot of stuff happens in a week vs. everything else but bakuman so thats cool. Umm... so yea it's too fricken long.

Kaiten
August 19, 2009, 11:00 PM
Anne Freaks was so bad I needed therapy after reading. I would have posted before but I was in denial. Only read Anne Freaks if you hate character development, coherent endings, and well written stories that stick to the plot.

Polemidis
August 22, 2009, 08:35 AM
riki oh... it just makes me wanna puke the storyline and the art

StrangerAtaru
August 22, 2009, 09:19 AM
There are series that I love and series that I only love watching because it's hilarious to watch train wrecks (Naruto, Bleach). But there are some series that just peeved me off so much that I couldn't help but stop:

1. Inu Yasha/Ranma 1/2: Now let me say this: I like Takahashi and Urusei Yatsura is one of my favorite series of all time. But these two just drive me nuts. IY in particular because...well, the Takahashi style of one-shots in a series that should be more story driven just seems to force the series to live long beyond it's natural life span. She just keeps Naraku alive so we can get more stories that really go nowhere and delay the final battle! I never even got to the "Band of Seven"...that's how sick I got of it. Ranma is moreso similar but mostly because of the stupidity of the main pairing and how it just keeps getting thrusted in your face over and over. Sure its ignorable in the early volumes where her fun style is best shown (the Martial Arts Figure Skating Tournament = probably one of my favorite storylines in any manga)...but it started getting tiresome by the "Hiryuu Shoten Ha" training and by the story with Nabiki being the fiancee...I had enough. The last volume I got was the first "Pantyhose Taro" one...that was fun but I just couldn't read it anymore.

2. KareKano: the series that made me realize I can't read shojo. Sure I don't mind watching anime for some if interesting enough and not stupid, but I pretty much got tricked into reading this when someone said "the Gainax anime didn't do the story right". Sure it didn't seem too bad at first...but then it got worse...and worse...and I just couldn't take it anymore. Haven't touched a shoujo since. (though I have heard good about the Lovely Complex...anime)

3. Mahou Sensei Negima: Oh I got a lot to say about this train wreck. I avoided it initially due to it being another boring harem series...but when I heard it got better (plus they started focusing on Chisame, who looked cool even before I realized I wanted to read this), I gave it a shot. Sure I liked the series...but strangely I wasn't into it the same way as many others. Sure the action wasn't too bad and it had concepts, but the girls that I seemed to like weren't the ones that got the hype: everyone seemed to obsess with Yue, Evangeline and Setsuna...I was more into girls like Akira, Kaede, Chizuru, Ayaka and my sweet, insanely perky (but mostly insane) Sakurako! (can't really throw in Konoka and Nodoka since...well I did have some like for them...) Sure there was a lot of crap I didn't like (the stupid training in Eva's time-compressed room) but through the end of the festival arc, it was fun. Then...summer vacation started: the annoying characters got more annoying and more uber and were just thrown into our faces more and more and get more development than they needed or just there because they're popular with everyone but me, they became more obsessed with fighting arcs and getting more uber powerful which still means nothing, the characters I hated just kept getting thrown in there, half the class was friggin left behind (possibly never to return if Akamatsu had anything to say about it)...I just had to give it up to keep myself in check! Sure I pop into a Negima scan every once in a while thinking "this is the week the rest of the girls finally return to the story and we can get equal development"...it hasn't happened yet.

Raysen_ht
August 22, 2009, 11:43 AM
1- Ubel Blatt
Good at first, but than it becomes too repetitive

2- Shaman king
lacks storytelling

3- Prince of tennis
OMG soooo boring!! and what a crappy ending

4- Bleach
I still follow it cause of routine, but read it again?!? Never!! It went downhill after the SS arc

WhatWhatinthebutt
August 22, 2009, 12:53 PM
Akumetsu- 'cuz it was cool in the beginning, but after a while it just sucked 'cuz it was divulging too much into political bs, they brought in a mini Akumetsu section like anime's do, and too many words... not enough actions (later on), and repetitive

Eshvoide
August 22, 2009, 09:41 PM
One Piece - How much more god-like can you get? It was really good up past the Vivi arc.

Naruto - (same as above) It was really good up until the Naruto fought with Sasuke at the falls. Still reading, when someone did the the 'House no Jutsu'... I'm like wtf. If Konoha was seriously destroyed, was everyone going to do 'House no Jutsu' to make it Konoha again?

Bleach - (same as above) It was good until Ichigo fought Byakuka(sp?)

---

I'm really agreeing with the Akumetsu & Negima statements above me.

Drmke
August 23, 2009, 06:09 PM
Reborn!.....I'm not very far into the future arc and already I am getting tired of it. I'm not even sure if I will ever read all of it and I sure won't ever read it again. Its boring and predictable. So many weapons are constantly introduced, I can't keep up with what does what and what is stronger than what. I especially struggled just to get to the part where the fighting and plot actually begin and soon after it got a little bit interesting, it just became boring again....

Kaiten
August 23, 2009, 06:18 PM
I dropped Reborn last winter. So disappointing, the Varia arc was so fresh and original. The box weapons were dopey as hell and over complicated. Just, no.

Crude
August 24, 2009, 07:21 AM
It has been getting better. Future arc was a bad idea though...

As for manga/anime I don't want to read/watch:
1. Rave (very boring and generic compared to Fairy Tail)
2. Inuyasha (the endless generic series, even though it has ended)
3. Detective Conan (too much filler and endless)
4. Prince of Tennis (extremely unrealistic)

Rejuvenation
August 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
Naruto-One of the most overrated and horrible shounen in ways for the past 4 years. The obsession over one character and double standards in ethics for him until recently.

The villains being defeated in the most retarded of ways and the constant character shields for anyone not already old or evil. The revival of characters when all of this effort/emotion was put into their "deaths". Naruto himself becoming one of the most annoying and atrocious main characters in recent memory.

The contradicting themes compared to the first half of the series. Side characters being brought in just to say a line or two then not do anything of significance for the rest of the arc. All off the top of my head.

Bleach-Another horrible series. Takes possibly one of the worser aspects of Part 2 Dragonball and centers itself around it for the past few years. The fights following the same exact formula almost and said fights often being uninteresting. The Espada being a colossal let down as far as villains go along with the way Kubo poorly handles them.

Yammy blatantly contradicting something that was stated earlier on in the manga.

Ichigo being a horrible and blase main character. He is basically a walking power-up at this point and his abilities only consisting of Getsuga Tenshou spam makes his fights boring to read. His inconsistent power level and getting stronger for almost no reason.

Ichigo's friends being pretty useless all around. Orihime being able to do little more than scream Kurosaki-kun all over the place and cry. Chad, Ishida, and Renji have basically become whipping boys to everyone else.

Aizen feels more like a walking plot device with no personality more than anything else. I've been given no reason to really care about him as a character other than he is super powerful and must be stopped.

Fairy Tail-Bad series that makes me cringe at times while reading it. Natsu and Lucy possibly being the king and queen of plot wins. Natsu only getting stronger basically because he just gets angrier. He runs around basically being an obnoxious idiot most of the time only to try and pick fights with everyone. This kid supposedly isn't S-class yet he seems to have no problems fighting with numerous people that are in that bracket.

Erza supposedly being a high-tier despite the fact she keeps getting taken out early in the arc or basically leaves everything to Natsu due to some plot device. Always being an emotional wreck the moment Gerard gets mentioned or pops up.

Gray essentially being fodder throughout most of this series. The story constantly focusing on these 4 despite the fact there are plenty of other interesting characters in the guild too. Why can't they go on some of these missions with them?

The constant Gerard focus and whatever hard on Mashima has for the character design. Did Mist Gun really need to be another Gerard clone? I mean really?

The villains being complete jokes or having horrible character designs.

The constant and blatant rip offs from Rave which I view as the superior series at this point. Sieg's design, Plue, Oracion Seis, Atherion, among other things all taken from his previous manga and recycled into Fairy Tail. Problem is that they all got bastardized during the transfer.

Detective Conan-Plot is so scarce it is like looking for water in a desert. I see no reason for this series to be 700+ chapters when realistically it could have been done in 200.

So much filler and the characters never getting older despite the seasons changing more than 10 times at this point. There is virtually no character development for most of the people in this series and many of them are exactly the same as when we first met them.

The suspension of disbelief is broken when you see how long this series is then notice just how many times Conan just stumbles across these murder plots while he is on vacation. This kid and his friends are literally harbingers of death.

The actual ways the criminals decide to carry out their plots are genius and original more often than not. But after several hundred chapters enough is enough. Just get on with the end already.

Four manga I never want to read again despite the fact all of them were actually good at one point. If a series has one bad arc or so I can forgive it. But several years of tripe just makes you want a series to end on the very next chapter. I only keep reading them now because I don't like to drop manga.

tasuki00
August 25, 2009, 11:20 AM
I agree with everything Yammy Braiking Boss says except that I still love Naruto. Expecially like the bit about Detective Conan. And I read the first volume of One Piece last night so... doh....

Drmke
August 25, 2009, 06:28 PM
O the hate for Conan hurts even through my computer :p

Conan is definitely not a manga for people who like a lot of plot, but if you're like me and you don't mind reading a manga that has plot every once and awhile but mostly just cases then its really good. Its like watching a detective series on tv.

redcometfm
August 25, 2009, 06:46 PM
Reborn - Future arc could have been cool but killed it.
Psyren - Way too generic and derivative.
One Piece - Horrible art, stupid characters, predictable plot.

Raysen_ht
August 25, 2009, 07:05 PM
One Piece - Horrible art, stupid characters, predictable plot.

Oh no.... you can say what you want about OP, but HOW is it predictable?!? There are SO many things that could happen in any number of different ways... There are no limits in OP, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is allowed, so how can you predict that?!?!
And if you can... please tell me how this current war is going to end?!?! Cause i have no clue

igotthegoods
August 25, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yikes, redcometfm, saying that OP has a predictable plot is just an invitation for flames. :s I have to agree with Raysen here. OP's unpredictability is one of the reasons I love it so much.

But if that's your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it. I just can't agree. :p

The manga I'd least like to ever read again is Deep Love - Ayu no Monogatari (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1121). Oooh, it's bad. Now, I love a good cry and a story that truly moves me, but this was not one of them. The story packs so many tragedies into its mere 2 volumes that it starts becoming laughable at a certain point. As someone who's shed many tears reading manga, I didn't shed a single one for this overly melodramatic tale.

StrangerAtaru
August 26, 2009, 03:54 PM
Though I love OP and consider it one of the best shonen out there, I admit there are some moments where you sort of can predict things occuring as is the case. But I see it more in those cases not "how will things end up" but more "how will it get to that moment". Unpredictability in predictability, I call it.

Crude
August 26, 2009, 09:51 PM
So much filler and the characters never getting older despite the seasons changing more than 10 times at this point.

Lol :D! There really is no need for all those chapters. Take a detective series like Veronica Mars for example. Unrelated (filler) mysteries are interspersed with plot related episodes which is great for those who want some mystery and plot advancement.

Kitsame
August 28, 2009, 06:20 AM
Kill Inuyasha
Slay HEN
To flames with Ranma 1/2
Let the hell open and swallow Ikkitousen & Tenjou Tenge
Thats all (for now muhahaha)

deJeer
August 29, 2009, 12:50 AM
masked rider
i dont know the japanese
cuz i read it when published in Indonesian
lol
cuz that's my very first manga i read

BBB Banana
August 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
I droped Bleach. And I'm actually quite happy for this since it's got boring and slow paced.

Also I droped Prince of Tenins rigth in the begining. Such a unlikeable main character and cocky brat.

Enma Ai
August 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
Death Note. Got sick of it.

deJeer
August 31, 2009, 11:56 PM
Takoku.....it isn't interested (again)

Yusaku Jon 3
September 08, 2009, 06:36 PM
From my experience with the series, I doubt that I'd follow any of the Yu-Gi-Oh manga. I see it enough in pages of Shonen Jump, but my tastes are towards more action-oriented shonen manga such as Naruto or Bleach. The subplots surrounding a protagonist who attends an exclusive "card gaming" academy don't really motivate me as much as would those involving one who'd be fighting to protect their world from a hostile invasion or evil genius. The character designs would be another turn-off.

Inu Yasha and Ranma ½ would be other manga that I wouldn't complete, even though I started out reading them when they began. They both started out good and the mangaka Rumiko Takahashi probably intends for her current series to be leading to some sort of conclusion, but I lost my taste for the series early on due to so many elements of repetition in which it seems that the final battle with the main villain is being put off.

I don't think I could ever get into the Gundam Seed series, but this has more to do with me being a fan of the original Gundam series (in anime) than some of the storytelling or design elements in the manga. My Gundam universe will almost always be that of Amuro Ray and Char Aznable, the Earth Federation against Zeons, Neo-Zeons and renegades such as the Titans, and the mysteries of Newtypes.

StrangerAtaru
September 08, 2009, 07:10 PM
From my experience with the series, I doubt that I'd follow any of the Yu-Gi-Oh manga. I see it enough in pages of Shonen Jump, but my tastes are towards more action-oriented shonen manga such as Naruto or Bleach. The subplots surrounding a protagonist who attends an exclusive "card gaming" academy don't really motivate me as much as would those involving one who'd be fighting to protect their world from a hostile invasion or evil genius. The character designs would be another turn-off.

The card gaming academy was only in the anime spinoff "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX" But to tell the truth, I actually don't mind the series as much as I could complain. While the dub is "so bad it's good", the original YGO had some great art and monster designs and actually told a deeper story than the card-game aspect lead you to believe. Though Takahashi's "gaming" aspect could have been diversified more like he suggested (though at least he kept Bakura an RPG master), he did admit he stuck with the card game because "it was the easiest means to get his story around"...well that and merchandising.

cleodux
September 08, 2009, 08:50 PM
Hate is one thing, but manga that you never want to read again (as in re-read start from ch.1) probably
1. Bleach -->while the plot is simple and easy to read (few words)it just too painful to re-read from ch.1 and no i am not following Bleach chapters.
2. 666 Satan -->the time skip seriously.... what the hell with that. And suddenly Jio x Ruby relationship it is so rush... and not to mention the ending is too painful to read again.
3. Inuyasha -->Not because it is too long, though Naraku supposed to be dead long time ago, the main reason i hate this manga because of the love triangle between the main character, the damn dog can not choose, and it straight damn annoying the hell out of me. This is apply for any story that has a love triangle formula in it.
4. And most shoujos and josei out there. This is including Tanemura, Watase, Kaori Yuki, Matsuri Hino, and some CLAMP series (i do love X/1999 imo the manga is published in the wrong magazine hence it got hiatus untill now) in fact i never read finished any of their works ever. with the exception Sakura Card Captor, i got tricked to read it.

It kinda weird for a woman like me to hate shoujo. Not that i dislike this genre, i like to read them but i must say current series in the market are weak, and full of character stereotyping, and identically character design oh... same old overused plot not to mention sometime it drags. For example i can not differentiate Tanemura's character, i got confused who is who, because they have the same face, and freaking same hair. well maybe not same hair but almost the same. Watase, because trhe girl on her manga always end up having sex with the guy(robot included), i do not mind sex incoporated in manga, but i think it is more suitable for seinen and josei.

Hana to Kimi, Special A, Love Monster, Vampire Knight(its the freaking love triangle is really make me sick and i wonder when it will be finished) you name it.... no no more reading >.<

I need to add this, even though i don't want to re-read again, i must say i don't really mind the story when i read those shoujo (need a break from seinen,shounen series) but there are this particular manga that i really loathe. I will burn those manga insight. Parfait Tic and Fruit Basket. Parfait Tic because form the 7 vol that i read, the girl can not choose between 2 guys, and she basically hooks with the first guy, then break up, then hook with the 2nd guy, while still doesn't know what the hell she want actually. And the cycle pretty much continue... so yes the plot is pretty much only love triangle. This is the manga that sparked my hatefullness of love triangle. Fruit Basket because it is a well known loved manga, and the girl is too good to be true, seriously... no such thing like her walks on this earth, at least not in this world.

Shoujo that i like are PGE and Skip Beat. You can argue that these 2 mangas also are dragging and too long for average shoujo and enough is enough. To tell the truth it is never enough for me.

merru
September 09, 2009, 08:05 AM
naruto - do I need a reason for this?
most of shoujo/josei manga - because of the TOO-shoujo-ish art
*except beauty pop, skip beat, fruits basket, nodame cantabile, all taamo's and unita yumi's work

L0ki
September 10, 2009, 11:39 PM
I don't tend to drop mangas, even if I have to trudge through them. But some of them... well, they're just too boring. The ones that come to mind are: Monster, Girls Bravo, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan, xxx Holic and One Piece (I've read until chapter 500, please tell me again, when does this become remotely interesting?)

RoleOfAQS
October 06, 2009, 08:29 AM
PitaTen. Spoilers ahead if you've not read it.

Why? Because of how much it made me cry... My favorite character actually died, and the end itself hurts to read. It's an amazing story, granted, but still... I can't bring myself to read it again.

kamina
October 06, 2009, 12:41 PM
Naruto - I'm known to be very picky when it comes to manga I like, which is because I like my manga to have good, realistic character development, to have a interesting plot that doesn't forget what it set out to be before the halfway point with interesting, good plottwists and sidecharacters, who do not function as a pretty wallpaper all the time being sent back with a 'sorry, is too dangerous for you, you'll only get in the way' type of comment once you think they are finally going to kick ass and take names, that leave me craving for more time after time, like my favorites Skip Beat and One Piece do to me. Naruto just never gave me that kind of glee, that adrenaline pumping experience, because the plot jumps around all over the place, barely making any sense anymore. When is Naruto actually going to want to be a hokage again?

Bleach/Inuyasha - Not my kind of thing. I tend to hate battle manga just as much as I hate sudden permanent genre changes in certain series, love triangles and useless heroines in shoujo because it's either weeks of just explosions and hacking and slashing or just boring me to death with all the 'will they or won't they' teasing for years without much progress being made. My attention span is just not long enough to feel any exitement with that kind of pacing, unless it's like One Piece in that it puts tons of information and excitement in any given chapter with little, if any at all, wasted potential.

R4n
March 09, 2010, 11:17 AM
I hardly ever come across manga that i really hate and never ever want to read again. However, some series do have the honour to be on my rare hate list.

the most recent one would be Koizora.
- extremely infuriating casts. None of the cast is likeable.
- vomit-inducing cliches and plot devices. It just too melodrama for its own good. The plot is pretty repetitive and unrealistic as well.

It's just so bad that i don't even want to read the last page and turn to wikipedia to know the ending. ergh.. :darn

plenty of romance manga with cliche plots are included in the never-going-to-read-it-again list as well... =)

and for a lot of people who dislike Meitantei Conan...
Well, i kinda get your point, but because Meitantei Conan is one of my favourite series, i want to defend it. It is just not the type of manga to be read because of plot progression. It is meant to be read because of the "fillers", It is an episodic mystery manga like many other similiar mangas out there. They are just meant to be episodic. The only way they are going to end is when the author decides to end it. QED and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo comes to mind.

If you are trying to put Meitantei Conan into a logical time frame, of course you are going to be frustated, hahah. Logically thinking, they would have encountered at least one case every day since Conan shrinked. xD

But of course those kind of episodic mangas are not for everyone, so it is up to you if you dislike it... =)

I dropped these mangas not because i hate them, it is more because they are not my cup of tea: Eyeshield 21, Yakitake Japan

Dive
March 09, 2010, 09:35 PM
So much HxH hate...I'm kinda sad.

Any who, there's a lot of manga out there that I've finished that I wouldn't want to read again. But, as for manga I've dropped and probably will never pick up again:

-Naruto (too long for me to care)
-Monochrome Factor (generic, generic, generic!)
-Vampire Knight (" ")
-Inuyasha (same reason for everything mentioned here)
-Fushigi Yugi (same reason for Inuyasha)
-s.CRY.ed (I never could get past the artwork)
-Death Note (I always felt it was pretentious, especially after the L saga)

shaheer
March 12, 2010, 10:54 PM
OP,
reason eh lets see
1) abysmal artwork
2)RETARDED main
3)stupidly long
4)stupid power
5)read the first ....i think 150 chaps,the chaps r of filler quality
ETC
Meitantei Conan

1) impossible mysteries(no prob) but gives soln as if every of those are possible
2) RIDICULOUSLY long, the main story progresses sth like after 8-10 case and each case takes up 5 chap on an avg
ie the manga is loitering around without any point

CBlitz
March 12, 2010, 11:05 PM
D Gray Man. After Level 4...man I don't know what happened, the plot got stupid and incomprehensible. Probably had something to do with the fact that I didn't like it that much, thought it was pretty bland

otherwise I see manga to the bitter/sweet end

Mushashi
March 20, 2010, 11:47 PM
hard to say really lots of series i dont want to read again not because i dont like them. i just couldnt be botherd with 500 or even 700 chapters if you know what i mean. i dont useuly read that many manga more then once or twice. there are so many different mangas i dont usuely find the need to. most series that i dont want to read again i didnt finish properly the first time (hikaru no go, inuysha and others) pretty interesting topic made me think.

Gcat88
March 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
There isnt one series that NO ONE has mentioned.

Once i finish a series i am DONE with it, and i refuse to begin a series and not finish it.

Organizized
March 29, 2010, 06:10 PM
Two immediately come to mind. Naruto and Bleach. This might not be what you mean, but anyway: I will read them until the end, because I have already wasted such a long damn time on them and will not have let that be a waste by not seeing how they end. HOWEVER, when they have ended, I will never, EVER, read them again. :darn They were both kinda entertaining at the beginning, but they have plummeted deep into unentertainingness and I fear they may never get back to the surface again.

As for manga I never want to read again (that I'm not still reading.. >_>):

Prince of Tennis. Shhiiiiiittttttt, that sucked. Ryoma Echizen might be my #1 hated protagonist of all time, all categories, all media. :darn

And also Death Note. Know that if it had ended where it should have ended (those who have read it will know what I am talking about) it would be my #1 favorite manga ever, no doubt. I wouldn't hesitate to read it over and over. However, since it didn't end at the appropriate place in the story, I will never pick it up and re-read it again.

Granted, this doesn't go for the first, entertaining and downright awesome first half of the story (which I might very well read again), so it might not actually fit into this thread 100% either, but since I'd rather pick up and read the NEW Prince of Tennis than reread the whole Death Note series, I do think it qualifies. It took me like a year of "reading now and then" to get through that last half the first time, and I won't be wasting that much time again.

Digital_Eon
March 29, 2010, 07:24 PM
D Gray Man. After Level 4...man I don't know what happened, the plot got stupid and incomprehensible. Probably had something to do with the fact that I didn't like it that much, thought it was pretty bland

Wait, what? How far after that did you read? The mini-arc with the zombies right after was pretty bad (in my opinion), but the plot kicked off right after that with some major twists that set the stage for real plot, not running around and waiting for big twists to happen. You're free to not like it, but I don't see how you can say the plot got incomprehensible after that unless you didn't even try to continue beyond a small filler arc.

On the subject of One Piece, I used to buy Shonen Jump and only read OP there because I wanted my money's worth out of it. I never thought I'd actually continue once I stopped getting the magazine. And so far, I haven't (though I only actively follow three SQ series anyway, so that doesn't say much). But it really grew on me. I can see why people wouldn't like it, though - the art is still hard to get over if it's not your style in the first place, for instance...

I'm not sure if I'll pick up Gantz again. It was really interesting for a while but I found it dragged a little, and when, after I stopped reading, I asked people what happened... yeah, nothing new, and that was months or even a year later. Maybe when it ends, but not before then.

I tend to finish series once I start them, too, but I can honestly say I'd never want to read some shoujo series like Special A (or Vampire Knight? I haven't read that in a long time!) again. It was a struggle to get through them in the first place. Some started off interesting, but they went on way too long with predictable plot and characters that never really evolved except for "their" arc that ended in relationships. And sometimes, the scanlation quality was awful, too - it's hard to know what's going on when the translator doesn't speak English well, or whole bubbles/pages are left alone.

The series I will never finish are mostly smut - it took me a minute to find some names because I've completely forgotten them: Love Celeb, Desire Climax, Haou Airen, Hana ni Nare!, etc. Some ecchi series, too. If the characters exist to have cliched sex, I do not want to finish it, let alone try to read it again.

Oddly enough, I don't mind even the longest, most repetitive battle shounen series. I tore through four volumes of Prince of Tennis in one day back when I was reading it while I'd struggle through even one volume of a shoujo romance. Dunno why that is, because I know they're crap but I'll read them again.

Lee Son
April 03, 2010, 11:39 AM
Vampire knight....what else can i say about that manga it is so boring and repetitive..

AlB
April 28, 2010, 01:20 AM
1. One Piece - completely atrocious artwork
2. Inuyasha - just for the lulz
3. Dragon ball - I simply don't like it

fdbgdg
April 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
1. One Piece - completely atrocious artwork
2. Inuyasha - just for the lulz
3. Dragon ball - I simply don't like it

how far did you get in one piece?

AlB
April 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
how far did you get in one piece?

why? what does it matter? don't remember for sure, around 160s-80s. then I skipped to 300s, and the skipped right to the most recent arc. I'm not saying anything about the plot, I have no right to judge it since I've been bouncing back and forth, but the artwork... man I just hate it. it's completely disgusting (at least to me, cause many people still like the manga)

Organizized
April 28, 2010, 03:46 PM
^ I think the reason he asked was that many people are of the opinion that Oda's art style has drastically improved since the start of the series, which I also insist on thinking. However, the "core" is still the same, so it's understandable that you don't like it if you hated it from the beginning.

What did you mean by "just for the lulz" for InuYasha, though? Did you read it for the lulz in the first place and cbb to ever read it again, or do you refuse to read it again just for the lulz? :p

AlB
April 28, 2010, 04:32 PM
What did you mean by "just for the lulz" for InuYasha, though? Did you read it for the lulz in the first place and cbb to ever read it again, or do you refuse to read it again just for the lulz? :p

erm... yeah, I guess I should have elaborated a bit more on that ^^
I watched anime and didn't like it, so I read it just for the lulz. lol :p (didn't have anything better to do)

btw: the hell is cbb?

Jaymie
April 28, 2010, 04:58 PM
Vampire knight....what else can i say about that manga it is so boring and repetitive..

I think it's funny how people started berating Vampire Knight after the love triangle ended. Some people really do die for their ship.

Organizized
April 28, 2010, 05:46 PM
erm... yeah, I guess I should have elaborated a bit more on that ^^
I watched anime and didn't like it, so I read it just for the lulz. lol :p (didn't have anything better to do)

btw: the hell is cbb?

Ah, makes sense. Was never a fan, either, but I'd probably read if there was nothing else laying around.

Oh, and cbb = can't be bothered. :)

Zeltrax
May 08, 2010, 04:25 AM
Bakuman
- I just don't care anymore if you want to be the greatest manga author in the entire world and that you face everyday problems.
and the fact that im actually reading a manga thats about mangas.
I, don't like that.
Hunter x Hunter
- I used to think that it's mostly shounen but I dropped it midway through greed island, when it really gets too hunterish, if you ask me.
Defense Devil
-Art is not something I can get used to, and too generic.
Monster
- Took too long, too draggy at the part where I'm reading.
Never going back there again.
Death note
- L died, so is my interest.

Magnus
May 08, 2010, 03:36 PM
Hunter x Hunter
- I used to think that it's mostly shounen but I dropped it midway through greed island, when it really gets too hunterish, if you ask me.
Well have you read some of the Kimera Ant arc or do you know what it's like ? if no give it a try, you may like it or not. It's quite different from what Greed Island was. I'd say it's the more shounen-like arc of HxH since there are a lot of fights (more or less epic). There's also some powerful plot twists.

Death note
- L died, so is my interest.
But aren't you curious to see how the story goes on and ends ? If you don't know it already, that is.
In Bleach my favourite character by far died (u********) but it didn't get me to the point of stopping the whole series.

Personnally I think one the few mangas I stopped reading is Angel's Heart, because well... it isn't bad but it lacked that something that would keep me really interested. I've read about 4 volumes and felt like it could easily last for more than 20 or 30 volumes so I didn't find the courage to keep reading it.

Zeltrax
May 14, 2010, 07:47 AM
Well have you read some of the Kimera Ant arc or do you know what it's like ? if no give it a try, you may like it or not. It's quite different from what Greed Island was. I'd say it's the more shounen-like arc of HxH since there are a lot of fights (more or less epic). There's also some powerful plot twists.

But aren't you curious to see how the story goes on and ends ? If you don't know it already, that is.
In Bleach my favourite character by far died (u********) but it didn't get me to the point of stopping the whole series.

I've heard, two guys replaced L or something.
It's because that character kept me going and when I reached that point,
I just can't take Light insanity anymore.
Well, that's just me.
and I also know how he died.
and Bleach is different, many people are hating the characters I like and I'm liking characters that doesn't even have much "screentime",
but I'm still reading it for its art.
Storywise, no, went downhill after SS.
Most of the time, i cont reading manga cos something keeps me there.
I can't stand D.Gray-man art, but the Oh so powerful Noahs kept me reading it monthly.

I'll try to go back to HxH.
but now, I'm trying to continue reading Nuraihyon no mago.
which I can't, I heard its awesome but..
its starting to get , I don't know, i can't comprehend.
and I'm only like, quarter through the story.

Edited: That U guys was cool, but you know, hes fodder, and fodder means.
Guys that get trashed by the good guy, and he was only introduced halfway through the series.
but yeah, he was awesome.

chan-chan
May 15, 2010, 11:47 AM
Shin Prince of Tennis... i read the first few chapters.. it's the same old stuff.. nothing new.. nothing interesting..

shaheer
May 18, 2010, 11:32 AM
if i have no name just one manga its One piece......reason ugly artwork retarded Main ,lamest possible jokes ,freaks of every land can be found in that manga after watching up to ep 49 i just deleted 200 eps

fullmoon
July 08, 2010, 01:11 AM
Manga I never want to read again: Black cat with its ugly art work n disappointed final battle

WTH, that many ppl detest OP for its artwork?! Its just like my friends when I introduce this one for them: "What kind of drawing is that?" n I got nobody to talk to when reading it :crying

... he got unique and great drawing style in OP. I found others manga in similar drawing are just bad copy vers of his.

To me, his artwork is very consistent, difficult to copy n its suit the protagonist's ability well, "rubber" right?
"freaks of every land" I think thats call creativity :oh

hibar90
July 08, 2010, 04:04 AM
Death Note: I can see why people like it and I won't deny that it's better than most. But I simply hate the character and the plot. The story would be so much simpler if Light didn't idiotically kill the man on TV. Even I could tell it was a trap. Attacking without research of someone as mysterious as L is dumb. Then I just prayed one would get the other ASAP because there's so much word bubble like we're some kind of morons. It really didn't appeal to me, completely dropped it when L died.

Reborn: I really can't understand why this manga is so popular. It's not even funny. Why would teenage boy get entertained looking at bishies?

Negima: Started out OK, but it's really nothing but harem to me. It gets old really quick.

Normally I don't drop manga that started out really good in early 100. So there should be manga that I would skim through right now like bleach and naruto.

naruto-niichan
July 12, 2010, 05:00 PM
I think it's funny how people started berating Vampire Knight after the love triangle ended. Some people really do die for their ship.

it started with some nice twists and got boring after the rido arc, that's a fact and has nothing to do with "love triangle" :oh I'm still reading it because of ol' times, comparable to bleach. Both went down a lot regarding the quality of the story but I won't give up hope. Maybe there will come a time when they find back to old strength like "Naruto" did, even tough it won't be the same as the glorious old times :p

there isn't a manga I hate but "Fairy Tail" was a huge disappointment, it's just boring. "Uzumaki" was crap and maybe the only manga I never want to read again

Kaiten
July 12, 2010, 07:16 PM
The plot to Vampire Knight started getting to convoluted when it was revealed Yuki was a vampire. After that I lost interest.

Asarii
July 13, 2010, 03:16 AM
Inuyasha - Even my simple-minded 12/13 year old self was going "LOL wut" at the plot development at the time. When the 8th... 9th (?), well anyway, one of the last Naraku reincarnations came along, I just lost interest completely. I would have considered picking it up again if not for the ending. (Yes, out of curiosity I read the last chapter.)

Right now I tend to finish what I started; however, I will drop a series if sensitive issues such as rape or incest was taken lightly as mere plot device. That upsets me more than weird plot, lack of characterization and clichés. Not only will I erase the series from my memory, but I will also lose respect for the mangaka.

Kaiten
July 13, 2010, 02:51 PM
lol. That's the exact reason I dropped it. Inuyasha was my first manga but I never finished it. I got sick of Naraku getting pwn'ed and disappearing at the last minute, Inuyasha getting another power up to fight a new bad guy but never using it again, and so forth. Everything through the Shichinintai arc was excellent, after that RT started using every action cliche possible. Shichinintai is still one of my favorite manga arcs though.

Asarii
July 13, 2010, 11:38 PM
I loved the Shichinitai arc too; it was great. Then after that everything did get repetitive. :( (Although I liked Hakudoushi.) Inuyasha was the shounen of the early-2000s, and it was too bad that Rumiko Takahashi couldn't keep up the momentum.

R4n
July 14, 2010, 06:59 AM
I will drop a series if sensitive issues such as rape or incest was taken lightly as mere plot device.

You'll hate Koizora then. And some yaois and ecchii >_>

lotusONE
September 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
the sword of the dark ones. the art was really cool and the action was pretty good too, but i hated the writing lol

Ruro
September 11, 2010, 07:50 PM
1. Inuyasha: Lost interest, and most of those I know of that continued reading said that the plot was rather unmoving for a while.

2. Psychic Academy: Dear god NO. It was rather cliche and generic, and I can't bring myself to even look at it.

3. Dragon Ball (including Z) I know that a manga and its anime often differ, but I spent such a large portion of my life watching the anime and then eventually reading parts of the manga that I do not want to revisit it.

There are other mangas, such as Naruto and Reborn that I've wanted to drop, but the arcs got better for at least a while. They are still high up on my "meh" list, but I decided not to drop because they were so unpredictable when regarding the quality of the chapters (not the content).

clamche
September 13, 2010, 05:39 AM
I say "Loveless"- the idea was interesting but i got bored with the stupid characters who do not showed improvement. I read it till Ritsuka's brother came back. And I don't like yaoi. I am really sorry that I read it so far. So disappointed of myself!
"Vampire knight" - I lost interest in it after the death of Zero's brother. I just realized 'Why am I reading such a crap?' . I hate stupid twisted love stories with a lot of fanservice.
"Pandora Hearts" - I was crazy about it half an year ago. But the plot seems to take random paths that have nothing to do with the main story. Too many minor characters are shown in development. The main characters remain the same. Some new things( such as Oz being changed by his father) are as if thought up just like that, nothing new and interesting. All the characters are lame and cliche and there is no thrill and mystery.

Phenom
September 13, 2010, 08:57 AM
I think this'll be the third time I've said this, but I don't read much manga so I don't have much to really offer in terms of huge list or some backlog and I don't hate any series, they just have a lot of things that I can't stand lol.

Anyway, so far there's only been 1 series I've dropped and that's Fairy Tail. It's not a bad series by any means. I just stopped caring for it. And most of it had a lot to do with One Piece comparisons. I know they're different but having the same type of leading personalities, it's hard to not compare the 2. I don't think it's a bad idea to try to mimic One Piece since it's a fairly strong series, however, to me, One Piece strongest point lies in its characters, and Fairy Tail fails there.

There not bad, but they're bland. You have characters that look like they can be bad### (Gerard, Mistgun, Luxus) but they don't live up to it. No one had that dominating pressence that I usually look for in my characters. (Byakuya, Itachi) I'm also not a fan of fanservice and while I can tolerate to a degree, I got fed up with it after reading that one arc (Luxus takeover I guess). Erza possibly one of the greatest female characters I've ever seen in shonen, but each time she showed a new armor more skin was reveal and I just got fed up.

That's all in terms of what I've dropped, but the holy trinity (Naruto, Bleach and One Piece) are also on the verge of being dropped as well. For now I'll just say that they've lost a whole lot of steam and have become quite uninteresting.

If this was anime instead of manga, my list would be pretty big lol

R4n
September 19, 2010, 04:29 AM
i am currently on the verge of dropping Hitman Reborn.
In my opinion the plot development does not make sense, and the fights become a mindless upgrades after upgrades. That, and the character development is almost non-existent safe several overused characters.

I still read it (now) because i am too involved in the fandom, and there was actually one point in my fandom life in which i really love KHR. It is kinda sad to let it go. :(

----------------------------------------

I dropped DNAngel because i find the storyline too... weird. It doesn't help that Yukiru Sugisaki has a bad habit of putting her unfinished series into hiatus to start new series (and putting them into hiatus)

I stopped reading Dgrayman because i am kinda lost with the storyline. But i think i will definitely read it again after i accumulate enough chapters to read (in one go). ^^ v

Akiyama
September 20, 2010, 08:51 PM
Detective Conan, I love the series but there's so much text. You need the heavy speech bubbles to explain the murder cases but there's so much to say in 18 pages. I would never read the entire series over again. It's a series where I'd rather watch the anime and listen to the explanations of the crimes rather than reading. Even with subs I'll still have to read, AHHHHH.

Asarii
September 20, 2010, 11:33 PM
Battle Royale: I only read the first chapter. No, it wasn't that I chose not to continue, it was that I couldn't continue. The story of the series interested me: I love dystopian settings and psychological thrillers. However, the gore scared me because I wasn't expecting it. ;____;

I think I'll stick with the novel. I have an active imagination so I'll still be scared, but at least I can control the goriness?

Kaiten
September 21, 2010, 05:00 PM
The novel and movie are much better anyway. I don't mind violence/nudity/whatever horrific things the imagination of Kago could unleash, the art of Battle Royale bugged me and the manga was to lurid, to violent for the sake of violence. What comes out as a mediation on the violence of modern youth culture in the novel was just lurid in comic form.

Asarii
September 22, 2010, 09:02 PM
I could certainly tell that the artwork was meant to shock. (It certainly did for me.) Considering the storyline was about a group of students killing each other, I knew that one scene wasn't going to be the only one.

I'll take your advice and look to the novel/movie then. :)

hdiuy
September 25, 2010, 09:29 AM
I stopped reading Dgrayman because i am kinda lost with the storyline. But i think i will definitely read it again after i accumulate enough chapters to read (in one go). ^^ v

Same here. After the haitus i just couldn't follow the flow of the story, it's as if i'm confused and lost.I'm not really sure what to complain about it because i'm like so lost with everything. I tried reading some of the chapters after taking a break from the manga and it just didn't click. It's kinda sad since i used to like DGM. I suppose i'm going to try to continue after a couple of months later.

LilaChan
September 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
Tsubasa. I got so confused towards the last 30 chapters I just gave up. Guess it's because I never read xxxHolic, CLAMP sorta expected you to read both...I shall read Cardcaptor Sakura for the nth time.

Sakura Hime Gaiden. I have no idea what Arina Tanemura is thinking lately. I used to love her stuff when I was still a tween with Fullmoon wo Sagashite and Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne (I didn't like Shinshi Doumei Cross too much). Her art is just getting busier and busier with too much screen tones. It's a shame, I used to love her artwork.

Anything by Koge Donbo nowadays. I liked Kamichama Karin when I was a tween once again. I just can't swallow the cuteness anymore...

I've read Vampire Knight when only 8 chapters was released. I dropped after around 12 chapters was released. I realise the only good thing about it was the art.

Prince of Tennis...Maybe I'm too young, something about it just doesn't click with me. I understand that you're not suppose to take it too seriously. It's not quite 'It's so horrible it's good' but it's not quite 'It's so horrible it's crap'. It does lean towards guilty pleasure...

i am currently on the verge of dropping Hitman Reborn.Haven't read it since June. Need to read the new chapters but my love for KHR seems to be dimming already.

Kaiten
September 26, 2010, 12:06 PM
Post-Tokyo arc Tsubasa was just confusing. Clones, curses, and being trapped in dreams; everything was to hard to keep track of. Not reading xxxholic would only make things worse, especially towards the end of the series. A shame too - pre-Tokyo Tusbasa was really good, so much more fun then the average shonen action and without the genericism.

Phenom
September 26, 2010, 12:54 PM
I'm taking back what I said about Fairy Tail... Erza is too great of a character to keep me away from the series. :)

R4n
September 27, 2010, 01:19 AM
I've read Vampire Knight when only 8 chapters was released. I dropped after around 12 chapters was released. I realise the only good thing about it was the art.

I realize Vampire Knight's art mostly consist of close-ups and middle shots. There is not much attention paid to establishing shots. The characters are almost always more important than the backgrounds.

Some people might like the pretty boys and girls, but to me they are kinda generic and fake. I mean, looks like the author won't dare to draw them ugly. Even when they are in despair or extremely angered they are still 'pretty'.

I guess VK don't really click with me because i don't like that kind of 'plastic beauty'. Comparing it to Yami no Matsuei, the Matsushita-sensei is able to draw the characters in their ugliest and prettiest state. The storyline is more solid as well. Too bad it went on hiatus... ;__;

And the lack of establishing shots and backgrounds confuse me.

-----------------------
One thing i don't really like about khr is the lack of character development. :(

Cyber34
June 22, 2011, 10:00 PM
Bleach is the manga I never want to read again as of right now. The artwork and some of the fights are top class but each and every story arc accept the first one sucks. In addition the main character never really gets any proper training and is always getting mentally or physically owned by stalkers just to build up the reputation of new potential enemies. Even when the character does get some form of fighting experience the benefits of that only last 2 to 3 chapters of him being badass then he reverts to being a mentally fragile bitch with one fighting move that all enemies can easily dodge and cut through. I like action mangas that have a really good flow to them storywise and are not repetitive with compotent main characters, Bleach will never be like that.

saladesu
June 23, 2011, 02:48 AM
Bleach was great until the soul society arc. I re-read those parts repeatedly when I was really into Bleach some years ago. Ever since they left Soul Society, however, things have been going downhill and needless to say my interest in the series has plummeted. Now I'm only reading it for the sake of continuing it, and don't intend to ever re-read it again. Or if I do, I'll stop after the Soul Society arc and save myself the agony.

Zeltrax
June 23, 2011, 04:15 AM
I'll always remember the days when Bleach was cool..
Like sala , I'll probably only reread it until Soul Society or some parts here and there before Hueco Muncho.
Actually, I really think that when Kubo art changed from the cartoony style, that's when I started to not like bleach as much.
Another manga that I dread to reread will be vampire knight, i think it was mentioned before.
I really liked it but then it got messy and intentionally complicated that I didn't like it anymore.
Now I don't even read it or bother catching up to it. I'm surprised at how fast it faded from my mind considering
how much I enjoyed it back then :s