PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 317 Discussions [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fuzzy
July 20, 2006, 03:03 AM
You guys/gals know the drill :D

Predict away!!!

Chapter 316 Goodies (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=6240.0)

titus359
July 20, 2006, 03:26 AM
The next chapter will have a lot of Naruto getting better fast with his wind chakra. As soon as he splits the leaf even a little bit he will have to release all of his bunshins and make them all again, so that he and all of his bunshins learn how the one who split the leaf did it. Naruto will probably have to repeat this process for every little step where he figures something out. [br]Posted on: July 20, 2006, 03:19:14 AM_________________________________________________I can also see some strong hinting that Asuma is going to sacrifice himself for the village much like his dad.

On a side note, if anyone knows the rules to Japanese chess (shougi) please let me know where I can find them. I've always wanted to learn.

xi0
July 20, 2006, 03:34 AM
The next chapter will have a lot of Naruto getting better fast with his wind chakra. As soon as he splits the leaf even a little bit he will have to release all of his bunshins and make them all again, so that he and all of his bunshins learn how the one who split the leaf did it. Naruto will probably have to repeat this process for every little step where he figures something out. [br]Posted on: July 20, 2006, 03:19:14 AM_________________________________________________I can also see some strong hinting that Asuma is going to sacrifice himself for the village much like his dad.

I'm not so sure that Asuma will be the one sacrificing himself. We have already seen that Asuma and his father were very different people, and I wouldn't bet on Kishimoto killing off two Sarutobis. I think Asuma is having this talk with Shikamaru for a reason.

I think the "King" in Shougi is either the women/children/family you love, or someone who is close to you.

bladefencer
July 20, 2006, 03:34 AM
I think for Asuma, it is really more of a question of how soon then if.

xi0
July 20, 2006, 03:37 AM
Well he could follow in his father's footsteps, but why make a point of it? Isn't it every shinobi's duty to protect the village with his or her life?

zetsuie
July 20, 2006, 03:40 AM
awe i dont want asuma to die that will just be sad but it was cool how we got to learn about some of the elemental jutsu are formed my prediction is asuma will end up being the one to confront akatsuki first but it seems like kishi is taking 4 ever with training come on get to it already

Predator
July 20, 2006, 04:29 AM
The preview of the next chapter indicates for something bad.
Maybe it's time for Akatsuki to reappear, but I doubt it.

What I'd like to see is pure training chapter. That's why I'll predict that the next chapter attention focuses on training.

kadoman
July 20, 2006, 04:39 AM
Gotta agree with Pred on this one. I predict we see more training (we'll see Naruto succeed in perfecting his wind element) and again, more of Shikamaru. Last couple of pages will focus on impending doom eg Akatsuki members - Itachi? OR maybe the whole lot of em'. Now THAT would give me pleasant chills. :D

up_town2
July 20, 2006, 05:00 AM
I think the "King" in Shougi is either the women/children/family you love, or someone who is close to you.

Or the king could be the village in itself? like how the 4th died for it and how tsunade said she will to protect the village...during Saratobi vs Oro battle i think saratobi (forgot the spelling) mentioned something to Oro about how the village will stand up and fight or somtin like that....i gotta go back to find out what chapter that was.

back to prediction...

a whole lot of naruto training....

and since kishi likes to throw the curve "asuma becomes a double agent"...ahhhhhaaaahhhhhhhaaahahhhhh

ratfox
July 20, 2006, 05:14 AM

On the contrary. It seems the two Akatsuki guys we've seen don't know that Naruto
has the Kyuubi, and so are looking for elite guys to take down, assuming it must be one of them
who has it. That's why we've heard about these fire crests that the head monk and Asuma
both wear. It's probable they will go after Asuma soon.

And THAT could very well be the end of Asuma.

destinator
July 20, 2006, 05:24 AM

Haha our beloved Kishi likes to make such previews for the next week

Wasnt the preview for this week something like "A enemy is approaching, is it Akatsuki?" And still there was nothing. ( Usually that comes true a few weeks later...)

I would go for 1/2 training and the other half or even just the ending with Akatsuki appearing/moving.

C4animax
July 20, 2006, 05:41 AM
Too early to interupt naruto's training...
Prediction for a long term...naruto will see sasuke and say something like : Art of destruction 33 *point finger in sasuke direction* and he'll cut sasuke in half lol...

I can see a mix between naruto's training, the end of chat between shika and asuma and akatsuki progress in the country of fire...

toin7
July 20, 2006, 05:56 AM
My predictions, these could extend into future chapters too lol. I think the combination of elements foreshadows naruto doing the same thing. He has the potential for exponential growth, so mastering 2 or even more elements wouldn't surprise me, and the different combinations of 3+ elements could lead to surprising jutsus, which is just the way naruto likes to keep it. From what I am reading into the chapter, I somehow feel that Naruto is the king. Previous chapters all point out how naruto has his intangible power of his to befriend just about anyone. This may just be me though.

CheckMate
July 20, 2006, 05:58 AM
#317 is still for the training. and maybe up until #320.

I mean what naruto has done now is a very basic. cannot say it is an ultimate deadly ninjutsu.

Maybe inthe next chapter, kakashi will reveal more, and something regarding azuma and the monk will be revealed as well

UzumakiRoman
July 20, 2006, 06:04 AM
i thought the explanation of elements and the hybrid elements was cool and how the hybrid elements are similar to bloodline limits!!
also with this explained and Kakashi coming up with this training method for Naruto it's the first time that i can see how Naruto could be come greater than the other Hokages!! if he were to pick up a 2nd element ant then create his own hybrid element Naruto would own!!!

i also thought once Kakashi started his explanation and Naruto got inquisitive, it showed me hat Naruto has a craving to learn once you break it down to him and on top of that he's always interested in learning jutsu!

my prediction is that naruto will pick up that second element and create a hybrid element, but i think he will also pick up a 3rd element to train with after this story arc, maybe in Part 3 which will give rie to 2 more hybrid elements!!!

i gotta say Kakashi really came up with an awesome idea for Naruto!!!!!!

oh i forgot i absolutely agree with you toin i believe Naruto is the King as well and also maybe Asuma knows something about
Naruto's past from the 3rd to know that Naruto is the king!!!

Elldar
July 20, 2006, 06:07 AM
isn't it clear now what he thinks of?
he aint just gonna teach, Naruto the element wind, he is going to theach a second element aswell, that is what I assume. He explain how to combine several elements, for the reason that the ninjutsu Naruto is going to learn requires it?(that will say awful alot of teaching chapters to wait). Therefore I believe naruto is going to learn lightning aswell.

When Akatsuki arrives to Konoha, Asuma will engage them and then when the final blow comes Shikamaru will sacrifice himself, that will say I predict the end of Shikamaru.
After he had died, Asuma will go beserk (hahaha berserk) and kill Hidan, Asuma will kill him by revealing his ultimate jutsu.(and Temari will cry rivers of tears,:P)
Zetsu will collect the ring Hidan left behind, to give to another person.

Then, it will switch to a brief scene with Kabuto and Orochimaru.
Kabuto: Isn't about time?
Orochimaru: Soon mine dearest.
New picture: there Sasuke is smiling.

Pepius
July 20, 2006, 07:18 AM
Nope if you chek Kakashi say Jounin level and stronger have 2 elements.
Naruto considering strenght is chunin top (not counting kyuubi) from simple reason he is stupid and dunno half things about ninjutsus. Proof is he didnt even know about elemental ninjutsu exist.

Also Asuma maybe dies altho not sure about it. Shikamaru wont die cuz he is one of main characters.
I think Konohamaru will play some bigger role in future.

katar
July 20, 2006, 07:39 AM
I predict that the training will be long like when he learned the rasengan. The ''king'' is probably the jinchuruki of the village. ;)

And if we can have 2 nature one in each hand how Haku did it with only one hand ???

miu
July 20, 2006, 07:54 AM
My guess on the chess pieces discussion: Asuma has been ordered to do something he doesn't want to do by the Elders. He's counting on Shikamaru to outmaneuver him and protect what is really important to the future of the village.

When push comes to shove and it looks like will lose Naruto to outside forces, the Elders will try to have him killed to prevent that power from going to their enemies.

Egoboo
July 20, 2006, 08:10 AM
And if we can have 2 nature one in each hand how Haku did it with only one hand ???

Haku was using a Bloodline Limit that allowed him to do so (at least thats my guess). Using two elements at once is a Jounin Lvl-trait for anyone without a Bloodline Limit like that, which is why there aren´t too many ppl we have seen so far who are able to do so.

Netherin
July 20, 2006, 08:11 AM
next chapter title is soooo interesting :D"The Start of a Nightmare" sounds like a new arc :D

LightReaper
July 20, 2006, 08:18 AM
#317 is still for the training. and maybe up until #320.

I mean what naruto has done now is a very basic. cannot say it is an ultimate deadly ninjutsu.

Maybe inthe next chapter, kakashi will reveal more, and something regarding azuma and the monk will be revealed as well

I'd like to point out that although it's basic, it was done in a matter of seconds, and this surprised Kakashi. He didn't expect him to do so well, which is a sign that he is getting better and better at mastering things quickly. Think of this like the rasengan training redux. Treating it in rasengan's terms Naruto just did the equivalent of making the ball burst the first time he tried.

As for next chapter, more training; more Asuma foreshadowing. And an inkling at Naruto's second affinity (water! water! water+wind = whirlpool!)

Ostesmorbrod
July 20, 2006, 08:47 AM
My predictions, these could extend into future chapters too lol. I think the combination of elements foreshadows naruto doing the same thing. He has the potential for exponential growth, so mastering 2 or even more elements wouldn't surprise me, and the different combinations of 3+ elements could lead to surprising jutsus, which is just the way naruto likes to keep it. From what I am reading into the chapter, I somehow feel that Naruto is the king. Previous chapters all point out how naruto has his intangible power of his to befriend just about anyone. This may just be me though.

It's quite likely that Naruto will develop multi elemental jutsu actually. Molding two different chakras in each hand is probably way too hard for him, but we've seen him use clones to help him compleat jutsu before, so maybe he'll combine two or more clone each using a different type of chakra and fusing them together. That opens up for a 5 element combination, although I doubt he'll be able to do that in any near future...

As for who the king is, probably the whole town. Maybe a precious person, like your wife or something, but more likely entier Konoha.

The training will probably drag on a cuple more chapters (not that I think they are boring, quite the oposite actually, it makes the chapters seem long again), while Kishimoto wil use the chance to elaborate on the story, like he did with Asuma and Shikamaru in this chapter. I don't know who we'll see next time though, maybe Akatsuki like someone mentioned, the hokage, or that guy who leads the root organisation which I can't remember the name of :P and maybe some of the other ninja graduates from narutos class... We'll see

Cbot
July 20, 2006, 09:08 AM
I predict that Naruto will progress a lot in the next chapter and that the 2 Akatsuki members are close to Konoha.

JoJoJO
July 20, 2006, 09:32 AM
If naruto his going to learn two elements I prefer earth and wind, that would be an interesting combination. I wonder what it would produce.

On topic: I think we are going to see more training in the next chapter and at the end of the chapter you are going to see an Akatsuki members arriving in Konoha.

kyoushibanzai
July 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
'lo all! long time reader, first time poster here.

To me, the chess example is obviously very foretelling of just what might occur in the future chapters. Asuma has already declared himself to be the sacrificial piece, or in this case the Silver General. What's interesting is that he promoted it just before the end. Most players tend to prefer leaving the Silver General unpromoted, as it leaves open a better opportunity to escape. A promoted Silver can only retreat one square backwards, while an unpromoted piece can move back diagonally one space. Of course, these avenues of retreat would have put him in the path of a Pawn, so that may be the reason.

The first character in Kakuzu's name is the character on the Bishop piece, and on Hidan, it's the Rook. Asuma's sacrifical piece challenged the Bishop quite directly (it's the piece right in front of where he moves the Silver General) before promoting it. As far as I can tell, Shikamaru used his Gold General to capture Asuma's piece. When Asuma moves a new piece there, presumably taking Shikamaru's general, we can see that it's a promoted Rook (Hidan being a rook).

Asuma claims himself to be the sacrifical piece, and by promoting the Silver General, shows that he isn't planning on retreating, especially since that move made it so that no matter where he went, his Silver General would be captured.

I'm not completely sure of the significance of Asuma's promoted Rook coming forward to stand against Shikamaru's Bishop (perhaps Asuma's sacrifice will somehow lead to internal strife) but the important thing is that the Bishop and Rook are left together by the end of the issue. I can't wait for the next issue!

Sorry if this was long >.>

Predator
July 20, 2006, 10:17 AM
Interesting theory, kyoushibanzai!

It might really be a foreshadowing. Sounds pretty real.
Also, you're pretty good at board games, I presume. Before you mentioned it, I didn't notice that Asuma promoted his Silver General.
..... But that's not the main point.

What makes my mind busy about this methaphor is the dropping t.i. the captured pieces can be returned to play.
I hope it won't come true, because that would mean Asuma will be defeated and after some time he'll come back as an enemy.

What this game made clear is that he'll face the enemy alone. Pawns aren't protected by other pawns, which means that, if Asuma considers himself a pawn, he can only move forward and he must do it alone.

Draphoenix
July 20, 2006, 10:21 AM
for those who say a two element jutsu for naruto, i would agree. otherwise, why explain it. Kakashi said "a jutsu of his own" what is more of your own than a bloodline like jutsu!. I am guessing and hoping fire. wind boosts fire/fire country & fire kage/kyubi controls fire

titus359
July 20, 2006, 10:26 AM
Very cool insights into the chess metaphor, kyoushibanzi!!

ruby_06
July 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
Next chapter would be:naruto finished half of the training and kakashi, yamato would be like shocked about how naruto progressed very fast in that hard trainig .
or maybe next chapie would show us about sai and sakura training ,akatuki at the gates of konoha already looking for naruto.

kyoushibanzai
July 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Interesting theory, kyoushibanzai!

Thanks! ^.^

What makes my mind busy about this methaphor is the dropping t.i. the captured pieces can be returned to play.
I hope it won't come true, because that would mean Asuma will be defeated and after some time he'll come back as an enemy.

The dropping is certainly a threat, but I have a hard time believing Asuma would become an enemy. Maybe he could be used as a sort of bargaining chip in one of Akatsuki's dealings, forcing a disadvantage on Konoha.

Also, re-reading the raw, I notice Shikamaru mentioned a special move called Bougin or Climbing Silver, which is basically just what Asuma did, sacrificing his Silver General in order to move another piece forward to be promoted. The weakest point of either player is right in front of the Bishop, as there's little danger in that area. With the threat of the Gold General removed, Asuma's Rook is free to receive its promotion, and the Dragon (alternate name for promoted Rook) is a very dangerous piece.

Maybe Asuma's sacrifice will leave Kakuzu (or both him and Hidan) in a position of severe disadvantage...or cause them to take a break and recover, just so they can attack again as Naruto finishes his jutsu.

Quickedge
July 20, 2006, 11:06 AM
so kyoushibanzai i guess u play chess... ^^ very nice i definitely agree.
i predict for the next chapter is more training and more of a learning experience to us i guess.. i mean so far we have learned alot about chakra, jutsu, an bloodline limites and how it works and stuff like that.. so i guess were gonna maybe learn a bit more on that kind of stuff.. i also think were gonna see some more of shikimaru or maybe some of team 7. .. um hmm i jst thought about it... naruto didnt really learn that much from a sannin.. i mean 2 and half years with a sannin.. and well imo he didnt learn that much.. or ... he did but kishi hasnt shown us yet..

tof
July 20, 2006, 11:35 AM

maybe some relation with the cult one of the akatsuki vows to death? something like the summons oro did when fighting the third...

Rooks
July 20, 2006, 11:41 AM
Well they always talk about 'that' jutsu.. and the few times we've seen Naruto fight since that training, he's been an emotional wreck over Sasuke and just let Kyuubi take over.

I think once we see him a little more level headed (Like when Akatsuki attacks, since they aren't really related to Sasuke except Itachi) we'll see a little more growth from Naruto.. Possibly while he is training Naruto will do/learn/create something unexpected by Kakashi based on his time spent with Jiraiya..

As for the next chapter, I think he'll get to a point (at the very least) where he does the perfect split of a leaf, instead of just a sliver and they will move on to the next 'step' of mastering his wind Jutsu. We will also get a glimpse of the moves of Akatsuki based on the BRILLIANT explanation of the Shougi match by Kyoushibanzai (Kudos to you sir!)

Also I agree with the person who said it earlier in this thread - I definitly think Naruto will pick up Water Jutsu as well. Afterall Water + Wind ~= Whirlpool.. And Uzumaki in Japanese is "Whirlpool"... It fits too perfectly for him to NOT do this... Also, considering Gamabunta is a frog... uhm yea, Water definitly fits =)

UzumakiRoman
July 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
well for Haku wind and water created ice techniques
but everyone wants Naruto to pick up water and they think that it will be a whirlpoolish technique

so if we all agree with that then eventhough they both will have used wind and water the results will be dramatically different, which supports the idea of a bloodlineish set of techniques and what ebisu sensei was talking about when different ninjas use the same techniques!

so then i guess Naruto we'll be using whirpools, tsunamis, typhoons, etc.....

Rooks
July 20, 2006, 12:25 PM
Honestly, as long as he doesnt learn to "shoot the rasengan" a la Kamehameha, i'll be happy. If that happened, Im not sure how I could possibly continue reading the manga (im sure I would, but it would be very very painful!) ehhehe

crazyjk
July 20, 2006, 12:28 PM
well, Naruto has a whirlpoolish jutsu in rasengan.

he will probably make an entirely new jutsu

jimm120
July 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
Just gotta say, boring chapter. They spent too much time addressing Yamato. That explanation would have been better somewhere else.

At least Kishimoto answered some of our thoughts...such as What are "X" Jutsus then (such as the Shadow ones, etc)....he pretty much said not to worry about that and if we need to know we'll know in the future.

A lot of the predictions about Asuma and Shikimaru (them appearing) turned out correct.

As for Asuma's speech: he is talking about the people and the believes, not the Hokage. That is why he says to Shikimaru that that piece isn't he hokage, as he had thought. Yup yup.

Predictions, Naruto migth go a bit "kyubi crazy" towards the end of the chapter.

QMark
July 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
Does anyone else see the signifigance(?sp) of this chapter? Using two chakra types simuntaneously resembles something of the sort related to bloodline techniques. What if its possible for Naruto to master two types of Chakra, making him eligible to do something similar to what a Bloodline can do. I mean Kakashi or Yamato didn't really say that it was impossible, just that its difficult. Which is why bloodline techniques are what they are, because the blood of the user allows this to happen without too much effort. It would be very Naruto-ish for something like this to happen.

My prediction: Asuma is going to die soon. But his sacrifice will be in vein since he will be unaware of Hidan's special reviving ability. Then after that, Kakuzu(?sp) will carry him around with him until he can collect a bounty while somewhere down the line they will have the encounter with Naruto/Kakashi/Yamato while still carrying Asuma. .

ihearthinata
July 20, 2006, 01:58 PM
316 was great.. i just read it.
as for 317.. i am thinking that Asuma wants Shikamaru to stop him from doing something. I think he is preparing him for a battle that is inevitable.

can't wait to see what boils down..

Azgarath
July 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
Naruto will end up learning wind fire earth water and add his own element:heart and be able to call forth captain planet by the end
the series. :p You guys just watch. I can feel it happening..

McNerd
July 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
At least Kishimoto answered some of our thoughts...such as What are "X" Jutsus then (such as the Shadow ones, etc)....he pretty much said not to worry about that and if we need to know we'll know in the future.

Well, we're talking about this in 316 Discussions; it seems to me that he's given a hint as to how Shikamaru's techniques work, and that it's a yin/yang thing which operates somewhat separately from the elements. Don't want to be the one to derail the Predictions thread, though.

kunai-knight
July 20, 2006, 02:37 PM
Well, we're talking about this in 316 Discussions; it seems to me that he's given a hint as to how Shikamaru's techniques work, and that it's a yin/yang thing which operates somewhat separately from the elements. Don't want to be the one to derail the Predictions thread, though.

seems to me he was kinda hinting that there would be a dark and good side to chakra...which would make sense as he could continue that plot whole and say thats how the biju's where created, from the leftover dark side of the chakra the people use. Once the dark chakra has accumulated an evil entity is created within it and thus, the bijus are formed. Thats my prediction anyway :)

* (See McNerd thats how you do it. You state your point and then say its your prediction. That way you dont derail the the thread :tem lol) *

Hisuikaze
July 20, 2006, 02:42 PM
Hmmm.

I agree with QMark on a lot of things. I think Naruto will learn two chakra types, and this was hinted at by Naruto's curiosity and the whole explaination. Kishi wouldn't draw those pictures for the hell of it. And I KNOW he's going to combine it because he needs something uncopyable.

This is why I diagree with Wind + Water. We already know that makes Ice, so chances are he won't use that to be COMBINED. I also lean towards no fire because that IS the Kyuubi's type and we're trying to avoid Kyuubi Chakra for the time being. I like to think it's earth. Earth is a good element against lightening as well (hell, let's make rubber!)

This chakra things makes me think of a color wheel. What do you get when you mix such and such .... Primary and secondary elements.

About Shika and Asuma:

I predict they will battle someone together just because of the way they were talking. It's hard to explain, but it was like ... Shika's the shougi genius, and Asuma is his pawn to help destroy him capture the king, sacrifice or not.
For some reason I doubt Asuma's death. Kishi is afraid of killing off his characters~

darion
July 20, 2006, 02:46 PM
I predict that Asuma might be thinking of sacrifacing Naruto for the good of the village ..
Seeing how the talk with Kakashi was interupted and now the game with Shikamaru got me thinking about that..
Prediction on the last page ( witch usuly never comes true ) is kinda intresting..

UzumakiRoman
July 20, 2006, 02:54 PM
on another note we're all looking for Naruto to master at least two elements and create another element like mokuton but it just dawned on me that Sasuke already has his 2 elements and is being trained by Orochimaru and Itachi is already known as a genius so he may have his own new element. while i'm glad Naruto is on the verge of impressing us he needs to hurry up and show us before somebody else uber comes along!!

new prediction: Naruto kicks into overdrive!!!!

ZeroDegrez
July 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
King:
Village or Naruto

The fact that they showed a tree after Asuma's statement links both Naruto and Village/family to who the king might be.

Elements:
Bad ass.

Naruto will get the idea to use multiple clones to combine 3+ elements since he needs 1 hand for each element. Of course, that's pretty far in the future.

Naruto is going to surpass everyone now that he can clonetrain. And hes even got the affinity for the best battle element. I'm still betting that Kakashi gives Naruto his fathers weapon.

Next Time:
Naruto obliterates the leaf. After the leaf, he has to cut a twig.
An enemy is coming, but the one that shows up is a person coming to warn the town about the Monk or something.

THETRUTH.com
July 20, 2006, 05:07 PM
I think the next chapter will be training and we check in on Sakura & the others.

I could see Naruto with earth and wind abilities like Hisui Kaze said but not sure how they will combine. But the Yin & Yang thing got me to thinking the "chakra for supreme battle strength" (wind) would be fit well with what is probably the best for defense earth.

on another note we're all looking for Naruto to master at least two elements and create another element like mokuton but it just dawned on me that Sasuke already has his 2 elements and is being trained by Orochimaru and Itachi is already known as a genius so he may have his own new element. while i'm glad Naruto is on the verge of impressing us he needs to hurry up and show us before somebody else uber comes along!!

This sounds highly possible but with Sasuke, Kakashi has already talked about the time factor and Oro focuses his energy on the number of jutsus Sasuke might not have a jutsu like Naruto is developing. Having said that, Sasuke did appear as though he had an powerful jutsu he was about to use. One more thing, Itachi might have one but he also has MS that he probably focuses on most of the time.

It seems to me the time might be off like what was being showed as far as Akatsuki had already happened before the time it was spliced into the story. Example that report from weeks ago was about what happened at the temple.

TheGreenFlash
July 20, 2006, 05:07 PM
King:
Village or Naruto

The fact that they showed a tree after Asuma's statement links both Naruto and Village/family to who the king might be.

Elements:
Bad ass.

Naruto will get the idea to use multiple clones to combine 3+ elements since he needs 1 hand for each element. Of course, that's pretty far in the future.

Naruto is going to surpass everyone now that he can clonetrain. And hes even got the affinity for the best battle element. I'm still betting that Kakashi gives Naruto his fathers weapon.

Next Time:
Naruto obliterates the leaf. After the leaf, he has to cut a twig.
An enemy is coming, but the one that shows up is a person coming to warn the town about the Monk or something.

Dammit you beat me to the "Naruto is the King" prediction lol

sblackburn
July 20, 2006, 06:09 PM
Hey, greenflash, colour his jeans purple :D

toin7
July 20, 2006, 06:20 PM
I hate how a few people think naruto is a complete idiot. He may not be booksmart, but he is a genius with creating plans on the fly, he has a quick mind. If he were an idiot, he would not have been able to learn kage bushin and rasengan. Anyways, I believe Asuma will sacrifice himself to slow down hidan and kazuku while naruto trains. I have a feeling that he will use multiple clones, each with their own element to create unique combinations.

TheGreenFlash
July 20, 2006, 06:26 PM
Okay this may sound dumb but maybe naruto can make like 5 clones to rest and sleep while the other clones get the effect of that rest so they are fully charged! if that makes anysense lol

midnight789
July 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
Ok, after reading this chapter i agree with people that naruto will create his own element, but i don't think he will be able to do it like yamato or haku, because theirs are bloodline limits from what i understand (thats what it said in the chapter). He will probably have to use a clone to use this jutsu (one clone molds wind, the other molds the secondary element, which i will get to in a sec), unless of course i'm wrong and the ability to use two elements simultaneously is not a bloodline limit. As for the second element, i believe it will be fire. We know that wind+water=ice, so kishi won't change that. It has been stated that the kyuubi's chakra is beginning to mix with naruto's, and the kyuubi's element is fire.

As for the discussion between Asuma and Shikamaru, I believe thats been summed up extremely well already (very informative post kyoushibanzai). While I'm pretty sure that kishi will have more training chapters, it is still possible for him to pull a fast one and make the next chapter start out with akatsuki at leaf, and naruto done with training already (although i think that's unlikely because kishi has already shown us this much. If he was going to skip it why show this at all besides for the understanding?)

And finally, i hope naruto is not the king. If he was secretly the king, their really wouldnt be any point in working towards becoming hokage anymore. I think that the "king" is (as stated already) the village, or more specifically the beliefs and people that make up the village.

TheGreenFlash
July 20, 2006, 06:40 PM
Lol he is the king in the sense that everyone is protecting him from akatsuki not becuase he is strong like the hokage

miu
July 20, 2006, 06:44 PM
It has been stated that the kyuubi's chakra is beginning to mix with naruto's, and the kyuubi's element is fire.

I'm in the Fire + Wind + Toad Oil camp myself. Fuel air explosive and an 'Akira' sized city wrecker.

The deforestation of the Fire Country continues...

EDIT: btw I know that wind + air = ice, but I wonder if there is any significance in the hand and chakra spin direction that could change that. The hidden natures have been mentioned before, but this is the first time we've really been given any information about them.

THETRUTH.com
July 20, 2006, 06:51 PM
King = Naruto or maybe the future of Konoha as a whole.

jimm120
July 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
Quite honestly, I don't think that Kakashi meant that Jounins could mix the two elements.

To me, it is that Jounins have the ability to use AT LEAST 2 elements...but combining them would require a Bloodline limit, such as Haku, Itachi, Yamato, (shikamaru?), etc.

Of course, SHikamaru might fall under the whole "ying/yang" instead of bloodline limits.

So, I don't think Naruto will learn to mix elements. He'll maybe learn two (Wind/Fire OR Wind/Water) but he won't be able to combine them....UNLESS he uses Kyubi. Maybe the Kyubi will have a special power (and c'mon..the thing is infinite power, so I would think) that will allow Naruto to mix elements together (and maybe more then 3 like others said).

Elldar
July 20, 2006, 07:27 PM
oh, come on Naruto the King, hell no! geez! I am King of the earth when Naruto becomes the king! that must be the dumbest thing I ever heared!

and then again okay mixing 2 elements requires skill, mixing 3 elements omfgzor that must be a sannin skill or something. and Naruto won't learn to handle 3 bloody elements in a few months. approximatly 2, or maybe he is just learning 1, I don't believe the author ( don't know his name actaully) will corner himself by revealing all the elements at once. Then it the whole thing will come to a bloody spiral downwards where the hard combine 2 elementals is easily used by plenty of ppl, then I mean like every1, like in DB for example.

Ostesmorbrod
July 20, 2006, 07:39 PM
Okay this may sound dumb but maybe naruto can make like 5 clones to rest and sleep while the other clones get the effect of that rest so they are fully charged! if that makes anysense lol

I thought of that too, but Kakashi said in a chapter recently that it takes chakra to uphold the kage bunshin jutsu, that's why Kakashi couldn't train like this. I.e Naruto will probably spend more chakra on upholding the Kage Bunshins than he gains sleeping ;)

hereis
July 20, 2006, 07:39 PM
What a month this has been for Naruto :)

It's quite apparent that Naruto is destined to use at least two types of chakra, given his interest in the subject matter, yamamoto's demonstration, and kakashi's willing explanation. Add to that the fact that Sasuke also has two - lightning and fire - and Naruto has all the incentives he needs.

From the first lesson Kakashi put Naruto through, and as well as from his own explanation, it can be reasoned that Wind is the most powerful fighting element. Why might that be..? It has speed. Strength. Invisibility. These factors work together and complement one another. The speed, applied with enough force and precision, allows the chakra to cut through anything; the very nature of wind, ie accelerated air, makes it almost impossible to see/predict and therefore deflect.

On the other hand, Naruto just happens to lack all of these attributes at this time. Arguably he has the strength, but the precision, speed, and difficult detectability, to make it effective are absent. In learning to split a leaf, he applies great control through both precision and speed in small sporadic bursts. The next step would most likely be a softer, slower approach: for this, I would consider leaf levitation. He must apply a steady stream of chakra to maintain the proper height and control its application so that damage is not done. Furthermore, because a leaf is so light and any external gusts may easily affect its positioning, Naruto must also learn how to properly shield and enclose his target. Such skills could obviously be applied in battle. An ultimate defense, a whirling tornado of a shield to protect Naruto from projectile threats, or a way for him to hold his opponent steady in preparation for the finishing technique.

After acquiring these abilities, there must be a complementary element that exists to further its effectiveness. While kishimoto implies that only those of a bloodline limit are able to combine elements to bring forth a unique one (Haku's wind + water = ice, Yamamoto's earth + water = wood), Naruto actually has two beings within his one vessel, and both have already begun to unite their chakra. Thus Naruto should be able to use both of what is inherent and already combined within himself: the chakra he was born with, and that of the kyuubi. In this regard, I favor fire simply because, as stated before, the kyuubi's chakra intermingles with Naruto's and the element of the former is fire.

Granted, Sasuke is of the fire element too; but consider how his comes from the dark of a tumultuous lightning storm, while Naruto's originates in the clear blue of the heavens. Sasuke, the one who seeks power in blackened brilliant bursts along jagged forbidden paths, and Naruto, who finds the power to protect the tranquility of peace from within his own atmosphere. Forcing a parallel between these two greatly emphasizes their differences within their similarities, or even their similarities within their differences: it creates the perfect foil.

Sorry about the rambling, first post and all ^_^

thejackass98
July 20, 2006, 07:43 PM
heh this is me being stupid after realizing that how wind is the strongest battle element cuz wind can cut through
water, move away earth, blow away fire ......i dont get the lightning part how the wind could affect

hereis
July 20, 2006, 07:51 PM
If you think about it, Naruto and Sasuke have always maintained a fiery bond. The element unites them.

Sasuke also has lightning, however, while Naruto is confirmed to have wind. Both of these occur naturally within the heavens; wind, almost pervasively traveling day or night through peace and hazard, while lightning is limited to the dark of night or the miserable abyss of the storm. I think of the two elements as true representations of their harborer's characteristics and styles, moreso than how much damage wind can inflict upon lightning or vice versa.

ZeroDegrez
July 20, 2006, 07:52 PM
I hate how a few people think naruto is a complete idiot.
I agree. Naruto is not an idiot. He doesn't understand abstractions, but as long as you can break the material down into atomic pieces, he can grasp the concepts and use them in new ways. This chapter did a great job I think in showing Naruto's natural curiousity for learning. Back in school Naruto wasn't learning things tailored to his style to learning. Naruto is a visual, brute force learner. As long as you tailor the lessons to his style, hes a genius.

DarkManSharingan32
July 20, 2006, 08:08 PM
If you think about it, Naruto and Sasuke have always maintained a fiery bond. The element unites them.

Sasuke also has lightning, however, while Naruto is confirmed to have wind. Both of these occur naturally within the heavens; wind, almost pervasively traveling day or night through peace and hazard, while lightning is limited to the dark of night or the miserable abyss of the storm. I think of the two elements as true representations of their harborer's characteristics and styles, moreso than how much damage wind can inflict upon lightning or vice versa.

Fuujin and Raijin is what makes them different....
lol

Predator
July 20, 2006, 08:08 PM
OK, OK ..... Let's stick to predicting for now. ;)

Also, we have special Jutsu Thread at the Toshokan, where all the jutsu related theories can be discussed.

Now ..... What do you think will be the next step of the training and will it start next week?

jimm120
July 20, 2006, 08:25 PM
Gonna post some stuff from my post in the PLOTHOLE thread in Toshokan...

When Sandaime used Yondaime's technique, Shiki Fujin, it was said that the user and the soul being sealed would be trapped inside the Death God locked in everlasting struggle against each other. KYUUBI IS LOCKED INSIDE NARUTO NOT THE DEATH GOD AND YONDAIME IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. When Sandaime was sealing up Shodai, and Nidaime, it was clear that they were being sealed inside Sandaime as the seal appeared on his body, and not on some non involved third party. How exactly Yondaime used the Death God to seal Kyuubi in Naruto is a plot hole.........unless it turns out that the Death God couldn't eat Kyuubi's soul, and took Yondaime's soul while sealing the Kyuubi in Yondaime's next of kin maybe? Possibly? who knows?.......... but since we have specifics of a Jutsu (Shiki Fujin) and then something completely different and unexplained has happened (Kyuubi inside Naruto), we have a plot hole.

This got me thinking....Sure, people have predicted that Naruto might be the reencarnation of the 4th...well, I think there are two possibilities that could lead to that...

1 - what you said: The Death God COULD NOT seal (or eat if you may) the Kyubi. It was such an extraordinary source that he could not seal it inside of itself, so he (the deathgod) sealed it in someone else....

2 - or maybe the Kyubi is so powerful that it managed to extract itself from the deathgod or at least managed to not allow himself to be trapped inside the deathgod...so what happened is that the 4th "died" but the Kyubi pretty much forced a reencranation of the 4th...of course, without any memory (kind of like a clone)...but he was still trapped inside the seal. Remember, that whoever does that jutsu...first pulls out the other person's soul and traps it in his body with the seal. Then that person's soul (which already contains the other person's soul trapped inside) is pulled out and eaten by the DeathGod. .....Maybe the Kyubi interrupted this process somehow. He was sucked into the the 2nd party (the 4th) but did not allow himslef to be sucked into the DeathGod...which might have caused a reaction of the 4th going alone into the deathgod but at the same time, his body reverting into a vessel for the Kyubi with "another" or a tleast a duplicate of the 4th's soul.....

3 - Or maybe the 4th managed to make an alternative DeathGod Jutsu, in which the person does not have to give up his sould...but instead gets reborn (which, in essence, is like being killed since he won't know who he was originally) and has the person that the jutsu was used on is locked away in the riencarnation. Maybe he developed this jutsu and never got to tell anyone, since it might have been incomplete...and he tried it out of desparation against the Kyubi.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Quote from: johnblund on July 19, 2006, 05:18:17 PM
I'm wondering something..

we've all seen Naruto learn the first three steps of the Rasengan. As he learned them Jiraya explained that there are seven steps in total (can't remember if there was seven or nine) and that it took the 4th tree years to complete these steps.

What exactly are the next four steps and has Naruto during his 3 years with Jiraya learned any of these..

Didn't Naruto complete all the steps? Aside for being able to make the bubble harden on his own (he uses the clones still...unless he has the Kyubi chakra with him...in which case, the Kybui chakra then does the job of molding the ball and hardening it to make it solid and stable).

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

As for Sai....he might have been "manga filler" and the whole thing with the Roots...but I think that Kishimoto isn't dumb enough to just mention something and forget about it. There have been A LOT of things in which he has introduced and he then resolves them or at least gives us a little bit of info on it WAY later. Just look at Sasuke and his whole "Massacre of the Uchiha".

I think that Sai might not be as honest as he say he still is. Or at least, I don't think Roots might not be as happy as they seem about Sai betraying them.

And as one said...that event (with Sai being warned in his room) is VERY puzzling and suspicious. The Cat, in particular, and the the mask were big things. And speaking about the Mask....the whole thing of Yamato having the EXACT SAME MASK as the person from Root warning Sai of the importance of the mission (remember, they show Yamato with two masks in front of him towards the end of a chapter and one of those masks is the one that the Roots agent had). I feel something....and I'm about to go post it on the Predictions thread for 317...cause a lot of things are "connecting" at the moment.

Ok, now...I am thinking that something really BIG is gonna happen in Konoha. I was thinking a while back(when people started to talk about Shikamaru and him "disappearing" to missions)....and personally, I think there is a BIG revolution coming. I think that the Roots weren't just put into this for nothing. I think that Shikamaru and maybe even Asuma (after what is being said now) might be "traitors" and might actually be part of a plan to do...something...and that something has to go through the abandonment of Konoha (either by destruction or turning their back on it)....

I think that Kishi might be aligning all the sides. Such as Yamato might be part of the "other" side. Asuma and Shikamaru, who are pretty close to "main characters" (more so Shikamaru then Asuma), are even involved...meaning that it is pretty important.

Of course this is a very dark path to the manga...something the manga has not been known for. The darkest stuff is Orochimaru/Itachi...and now Sasuke...but everyone else seems to fight those notions. This path would show that the dark side might be more powerful, even enought to topple the "good side" temporarily. This is not what the point of the manga is, so I don't think that this path would go well with the message of the manga so far...but who knows. This would be a kickass manga if it focused more on the darker aspects of things, instead of the goody tushus aspect, such as friends/people are the important thing...

squirrellord
July 20, 2006, 08:40 PM
I really like your idea of Shikamaru becoming an enemy. He's an, oddly enough, loved character... so making him an enemy would be a great great idea. I mean, Shikamaru became fairly important in a short amount of time. He was just "That Genin" when he first appeared, up until the Saving Sasuke arc. Somewhere in that timespan, he became one of Narutos best friends it seems (as his reaction to seeing him was when he first made his apperance after the time skip). Also, remember back to when they were chasing Sasuke when he went after Gaara; Sakura was worried Shikamaru left them to die.
I also find what Asuma said about Shikamaru inturesting. He's a knight, a very weak piece that jumps over pieces. In my personal experience with the game, the best way to use a knight is to drop it in a safe spot so that it can trap the king.

miu
July 20, 2006, 08:46 PM
and that something has to go through the abandonment of Konoha (either by destruction or turning their back on it)....

I've pondered on that a bit myself, the whole issue of a ninja as a tool of war and the hidden villages as the millitary power of a country. Naruto would stil be viewed as a "living sacrifice" by people with that viewpoint. I'm pretty sure the elders subscribe to that viewpoint, and I can see a power struggle coming out of that.

Spinevane27
July 20, 2006, 08:54 PM
Well Naruto being the reincarnation of Yondaime is extremely doubtful. Yes the Death God technique does seal the users and enemies souls, but Demons dont have a soul. Kyuubi is a demon of course. There is a lot to that technique that we dont know and the one Yondaime performed was either different in aspects of him performing the technique different from Sandaime or complications arouse because Kyuubi is just a demon with only chakra pretty much. Not only that at the beggining of the series it said it was sealed into a new born baby that had just had his umbilical cord cut. So just think about that. Besides Itachi said Naruto was Yondaime's legacy, not... Yondaime. But I've thought Naruto was Yondaime's son to begin with.

Anyways, I wouldnt be surprised if Roots does something once Akatsuki appear in Konoha. I doubt that they would help Akatsuki but a Coup De'Ta maybe. We are going to see more of those Akatsuki guys sometime. But definitely some more of Naruto's training. Maybe an explaination of the next step and then shifts to Akatsuki or one of those monks delivering their reports to Tsunade. I think more about Asuma will come later. ....honestly Roots is a mysterious organization but I think Kabuto is more mysterious. I've just been thinking about that. Besisdes Sai has changed and disobeyed his orders to kill Sasuke. So I think their will be a confrontation between him leaving Roots and then sacrificing himself for Konoha in a major battle or something between Akatsuki or whatever

Ishiken
July 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
Umm Kyuubi is Water based. I don't understand where people are getting the whole fire concept from. Sure his Chakra is red, but haven't you noticed its liquid rather then burning like the Nekomata or sand like Shukaku. I thought the whole bubbling and draining water from the river in the Naruto-Sasuke fight would have removed all doubt as to its water nature. Also in the Manga when he fires off the super concentrated ball of chakra it forms out of droplets rather then flames. You might also notice Kyuubi was all liquid when he had his head sticking out of the bars of his prison?
Further more if you replay episode 133 you might notice the massive amount of steam given off when Naruubi runs right into Sasuke's fireball. The Kyuubi chakra is also shown to be a big pool of water that Naruto is floating in and later he swims past the bars when he goes 4 tailed. So its WATER! and NOT FIRE

I'm going to have to join the Water + Air crowd rather then the Air+Fire.

squirrellord
July 20, 2006, 09:11 PM
when Naruto first unlocked the Kyuubi chakra when fighting Haku, the water around him boiled and turned to steam. Sounds more like fire to me. And it could be that the Charka is watery, since Chakra does seem very fluid anyway, and that it's just very very very hot, like magma

zetsuie
July 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
ok i think eventually aakatsuki will show up and get in a fight with naruto and then they will tell him about how they captured the last jinchuurike and naruto will flip out but he charges straight on and gets his ass kicked and then the kyuubi will appear and make a bargain with naruto along the lines of you can either use my power now or die and naruto agrees just as long as can control it and then we see a kyuubi/naruto without naruto losing control meaning that the two chakaras have finnaly merged

Donils
July 20, 2006, 09:47 PM
Ok, now...I am thinking that something really BIG is gonna happen in Konoha. I was thinking a while back(when people started to talk about Shikamaru and him "disappearing" to missions)....and personally, I think there is a BIG revolution coming. I think that the Roots weren't just put into this for nothing. I think that Shikamaru and maybe even Asuma (after what is being said now) might be "traitors" and might actually be part of a plan to do...something...and that something has to go through the abandonment of Konoha (either by destruction or turning their back on it)....

I think that Kishi might be aligning all the sides. Such as Yamato might be part of the "other" side. Asuma and Shikamaru, who are pretty close to "main characters" (more so Shikamaru then Asuma), are even involved...meaning that it is pretty important.

I really like your idea of Shikamaru becoming an enemy. He's an, oddly enough, loved character... so making him an enemy would be a great great idea. I mean, Shikamaru became fairly important in a short amount of time. He was just "That Genin" when he first appeared, up until the Saving Sasuke arc. Somewhere in that timespan, he became one of Narutos best friends it seems (as his reaction to seeing him was when he first made his apperance after the time skip). Also, remember back to when they were chasing Sasuke when he went after Gaara; Sakura was worried Shikamaru left them to die.
I also find what Asuma said about Shikamaru inturesting. He's a knight, a very weak piece that jumps over pieces. In my personal experience with the game, the best way to use a knight is to drop it in a safe spot so that it can trap the king.

Do you guys know Ando of NF? Cause this is the type of crazy fluff he would come up with. Shikamaru is one of Naruto's more popular and liked characters. Kishimoto is not going to make him any traitor or enemy. Sasuke did it because it was part of the plot. Shikamaru is just getting more character development since he looks to be important to the plot. That's it. You are reading way too much into things and going on crazy theories. What's next? Shino is the Leader?

Also, remember back to when they were chasing Sasuke when he went after Gaara; Sakura was worried Shikamaru left them to die.

Sakura was worried that Shikamaru was not going to stop the Sound Ninjas because he said he was a coward. NOT because she felt he was a some sort of traitor. :s And he did stop them(and would have gave up his life) and Sakura said she would never doubt him again. Damn, that went over your head.

He's a knight, a very weak piece that jumps over pieces. In my personal experience with the game, the best way to use a knight is to drop it in a safe spot so that it can trap the king.

A Knight is not a weak piece if used right and ranks right below the Silver General. It's a very unique piece. The best way to use a knight is to get it promoted to Gold General. I've played Shogi, I know.

zetsuie
July 20, 2006, 09:53 PM
This is why I diagree with Wind + Water. We already know that makes Ice, so chances are he won't use that to be COMBINED. I also lean towards no fire because that IS the Kyuubi's type and we're trying to avoid Kyuubi Chakra for the time being. I like to think it's earth. Earth is a good element against lightening as well (hell, let's make rubber!)

they already said that jutsu are differnt for everyone and i think the only way haku is able to make ice is cause he forms both elements in one hand thats proably why he could form a seal with one hand and also earth conducts electricity thats y you can be hit by lighting when your standing like fifty feet away from a tree because it travels from the tree through the ground plus wind and earth dont mix thier oppisite alothough the most logical elements to combine with wind are water and fire

but im not sold on naruto learning a second elemental jutsu cause the third hokage combined to elemental jutsu's but it didnt seem very impressive so i doubt that learning another element wouldnt be nessecary if your going to fight against someone like orchimaru and sasuke they would proably have tons of ways to counter a jutsu like that and we already know oro's not scared of those jutsus so i dont think he would learn a second element until later in the third part of the story

squirrellord
July 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
Sakura was worried that Shikamaru was not going to stop the Sound Ninjas because he said he was a coward. NOT because she felt he was a some sort of traitor. :s And he did stop them(and would have gave up his life) and Sakura said she would never doubt him again. Damn, that went over your head.

A Knight is not a weak piece if used right and ranks right below the Silver General. It's a very unique piece. The best way to use a knight is to get it promoted to Gold General. I've played Shogi, I know.

Oh, I understood that. I just liked thinking about how there's the possibility of him being a traitor, and then remember that time when there was a shadow of doubt cast on him. And, if he had run away, those ninjas would have killed them. That's why they were so worried.

I play Shogi too, I just never found the knight all that useful. It has its uses, and can be a game winner, but I find it weaker than most pieces, unless it's strategicly dropped.

and with the Shikamaru becoming important suddenly thing, I just didn't think he stuck out very much compared to most of the Genin, but he was there to help Naruto during the Chuunin Exams, and became a vital character latter. It would just be a great plot twist to have him defect, expecially since some strange info about his Sensei has been said (at the Hokage memorial site). I just love a good plot twist ^.^

Donils
July 20, 2006, 10:23 PM
Oh, I understood that. I just liked thinking about how there's the possibility of him being a traitor, and then remember that time when there was a shadow of doubt cast on him. And, if he had run away, those ninjas would have killed them. That's why they were so worried.

I play Shogi too, I just never found the knight all that useful. It has its uses, and can be a game winner, but I find it weaker than most pieces, unless it's strategicly dropped.

and with the Shikamaru becoming important suddenly thing, I just didn't think he stuck out very much compared to most of the Genin, but he was there to help Naruto during the Chuunin Exams, and became a vital character latter. It would just be a great plot twist to have him defect, expecially since some strange info about his Sensei has been said (at the Hokage memorial site). I just love a good plot twist ^.^

A plot twist though has to make sense or it just pisses off people. When you defect to another side it's usually to gain something. When Sasuke stabbed Konoha in the back, it was to gain power from Oro to defeat his brother. The problem with Shika as a traitor is that he seems to have little motivation or lust for power. He didn't even want to become a chuunin. So what is anyone going to offer him? The guy wants a simple life as he stated himself when fighting the Sound Ninjas. He has no motivation to defect unlike Sasuke. Hell, any of the rookie 9 and Team Gai, outside of naruto and Hinata, would make a much more believable traitor than Shika. It's just that Shikamaru is becoming more of a main character than the others so the crazy theories are starting.

Oh, Asuma is not selling anyone out either. He is now understanding what Konoha meant to his father.

zetsuie
July 20, 2006, 10:25 PM

ok i doubt the son of the third hokage would defect especially afterall the effort asuma put in to protect the village also the king could be the entire fire country considering the shinobi are basically the fire country's army
also does anybody else think that the country's aren't really country's but just feudal domains cause considering it took one day (by tree branch travel) to make it from fire country's radius to its border so im just saying that the enitre area where all these country' are located seems to resemble japan in some ways sorry to go off topic and please dont crazy about how its not japan cause you obviously didnt understand what i was trying to say

squirrellord
July 20, 2006, 10:42 PM
Well, maybe, for all we know, during the time skip someone threatened Shikamaru. The author could probably write the story around to make it so Kakashi is Naruto's mother, so I really doubt that it'd be hard to make a few events happen that'd push a character into unexpected actions XD (hm.... maybe I'll just slink back into the shadows again, viewing instead of posting)

miu
July 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
Oh, Asuma is not selling anyone out either. He is now understanding what Konoha meant to his father.

I don't think he is selling out, but I do think he has a divided loyalty.

zetsuie
July 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
Well, maybe, for all we know, during the time skip someone threatened Shikamaru. The author could probably write the story around to make it so Kakashi is Naruto's mother, so I really doubt that it'd be hard to make a few events happen that'd push a character into unexpected actions XD (hm.... maybe I'll just slink back into the shadows again, viewing instead of posting)

were you serious when you said kakashi is naruto's mother
cause if so your retarded you really have problems considering kakashi is a guy wow i am amazed at that

squirrellord
July 20, 2006, 11:35 PM
cause if so your retarded you really have problems considering kakashi is a guy wow i am amazed at that

...... joke man, joke. I'm just saying, he's the author, he can do anything he wants to the story.

dynamicdezzy
July 20, 2006, 11:58 PM
I don't know whether anyone else has posted this, but:

I thought Asuma was speaking of the sacrificial piece (for the king) in relation to his father, the third, and the King in relation to Konoha. Sondaime sacrificed himself for the village. "you cannot always use that play unless its against some one powerful"

ailpp
July 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
well, i think squirrellord's theory could happen. Well maybe shika isn't a traitor to konoha but something weird is going on. Maybe Shika or his father is working for Danzo ('roots'). danzo seems to be trying to protect Konoha from their enemies. I say this cuz Sai's senpai looks like shika or his dad (more like his dad cuz he is taller). Sai's senpai has the same hairstyle and the same as as Shkamaru. well sjika couldnt be Sai's senpai since he lookssurprise when he sees sai at the hostpital. But maybe Shikamaru's that is.

Believe
July 21, 2006, 12:23 AM

Lol, The sarcasm in his post was literally screaming....lol.

Toad Sage
July 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
Shikamaru is my favorite secondary character in the story. We may see him defect in the coming chapters, but if he does, I don't think it would be genuine. He says himself in the story, "the first move is the feint, the second move is the real attack." It would seem to me that someone as adaptable as Shikamaru might play the role of a double agent.

Perhaps Asuma may try to seduce him because he feels Shikamaru is intelligent enough to see the hopelessness of the situation if Konohoa is attacked by Akatsuki. But I would wager Shikamaru would count on this, and use this as a way of confirming Asuma's evil nature.

But, if Shikamaru really is an enemy of Konohoa, consider his open misogyny. It's no secret he holds Tsunade in contempt, so perhaps the idea of a female Hokage pushed him over the edge?

ailpp
July 21, 2006, 12:47 AM
Hmmm.

This chakra things makes me think of a color wheel. What do you get when you mix such and such .... Primary and secondary elements.

yeah, remember what orochimaru said to the sandaime that he wanted to learned all the jutsu of the world n he compared it to color like blue red n green. something like that i dont remember it to well. i think it was in t volume 14 prob 118

for those who say water n wind can only be ice. I thinks that might not be true sice i think sandaime hokage use an earth element with water which didnt create a wood technic but rather a mud technic. (or was it oro). so i think that mixing two element can create different elements or jutsus by differnt people.

ZeroDegrez
July 21, 2006, 12:53 AM
But Shikamaru doesn't really have contempt for people. He just gets annoyed. Shakamaru isn't going to betray the town. Have we all forgotten his family is still alive and kicking? What's he going to do abandon the people he loves?

Go back to the drawing board.[br]Posted on: July 21, 2006, 12:49:32 AM_________________________________________________The funny thing about Oro, is that his desire to learn all Jutsu is flawed. We've been hearing it for some time, and in this very chapter that people can posses bloodline limits, that even the sharingan can not copy. So even if Oro gets Sasuke's body, how's that going to allow him to achieve his dream when people are creating unique jutsu all the time that outside of their body, he will never be able to do.

Has he realized this? Does he actually have another goal in mind? :s

Ishiken
July 21, 2006, 01:02 AM
Went back and rewatched/reread Haku fighting Naruto, there is no melting of the Ice Mirrors, Naruto shatters them with the sheer power of Kyuubi's leaking chakra. So sorry no Fire I think the heat/bubbling is just a symbol of Naruto's emotional state which is usually rage ie the heat of the moment.

Shikamaru isn't a traitor, but he does love a certain ninja of the sand. It looks like Asuma is refering to the fact that he is penetrating an enemy position to protect the king. The position is more then likely that of Root. I'm not sure, but it looks like the king is either the Village or Naruto. More then likely Sasuke is simply telling Orochimaru what he wants to hear until he thinks he is strong enough to take his brother.

Jiriaya created a swamp by mixing water with earth. Zetsu probably uses Water and Earth to create or control that Venus Flytrap he has. Ice might be created with Yin Water/Air while Mist could be created with Yang Water/Air. Two of the same elements being mixed together will not create the same effect for different ninja.

Toad Sage
July 21, 2006, 01:04 AM
I think your question is a little off topic, but I'm sure if you could actually visit Naruto land, you would find that Orochimaru is intelligent enough to have considered your point. I doubt he intends to obtain the sharingan so he can reproduce kekei genkai.

ailpp
July 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
I dunno if ur talkin to me but if u r i never said shikamaru was a traitor but that something weird is goin on with shika remember shikamaru dissapeared after the hostpital visit to kakashi. MAYBE YAMATO killed his dad that Root guy who is Sai's Senpai or maybe not. But didnt Yamato had that masked with him. And I dont think Yamato is Sai's Senpai because of his Hairstyle n his hair is to short.

and about the color mixing thing i was just telling Hisui Kaze that oro also refer to color when talkin about jutsu, chakra n all that.

Could anyone please post the pics of Sai's Senpai(could it be the 1 full body or at least his hair the other one, the close up to his eye when his hears something the cat). The other one, Shikamru and his dad in the hostpital waiting for chouji's opperation. when Shika is about to leave and his that says he is a coward, and last Yamato holding Sai's Senpai or the Roots agent mask
'thanks in advance

squirrellord
July 21, 2006, 01:17 AM
Went back and rewatched/reread Haku fighting Naruto, there is no melting of the Ice Mirrors, Naruto shatters them with the sheer power of Kyuubi's leaking chakra. So sorry no Fire I think the heat/bubbling is just a symbol of Naruto's emotional state which is usually rage ie the heat of the moment.

It wasn't the mirrors that melted, it was the water all over the ground boiling. Same stuff that Sasuke noticed was getting hit by Haku as he dashed about.

Maybe Orochimaru just wants the Sharingan to learn as many Jutsu's as possible before the body rejects him, and then do experiments on the eye to see if he can make a fake version. Something like what the Cloud Ninjas wanted to do with the Byakugan. Get one and study it, and hope to unlock it somehow.

milane
July 21, 2006, 01:25 AM
So the king is Naruto ...hur? Next chap must be Akatsuki (all of them) show up at the Konoha's Gate ....fight fight!!! and then he will learnd that he is the last one of his kind ...lol and all hos friends will fight beside him... oh i could see the fight already ... getting crazy

I just have a feeling that this might be the end of naruto after this fight... he will becomes hokage and a happy ending...??? anyways the end is near.....

zetsuie
July 21, 2006, 01:50 AM
i think people are confusing gekkai gen kai wtih how other ninja combine elemental jutsu a gekkai genkai can only be obtained by genetics so it doesnt matter if naruto has the jinchuuriki he wont be able to perform a jutsu like haku's where he can combine two chakara's in one hand

also did anybody else think that kakashi didnt seem all to thrilled about naruto's element being wind[br]Posted on: July 21, 2006, 01:42:39 AM_________________________________________________

So the king is Naruto ...hur? Next chap must be Akatsuki (all of them) show up at the Konoha's Gate ....fight fight!!! and then he will learnd that he is the last one of his kind ...lol and all hos friends will fight beside him... oh i could see the fight already ... getting crazy

I just have a feeling that this might be the end of naruto after this fight... he will becomes hokage and a happy ending...??? anyways the end is near.....
[br]Posted on: July 21, 2006, 01:46:38 AM_________________________________________________

dude we are no where near the end proabaly not even half way in fact i expect kishi to milk naruto for as long as he can and the longest manga i've seen had 700+ chapters so yea

ailpp
July 21, 2006, 01:53 AM
Umm Kyuubi is Water based. I don't understand where people are getting the whole fire concept from. Sure his Chakra is red, but haven't you noticed its liquid rather then burning like the Nekomata or sand like Shukaku. I thought the whole bubbling and draining water from the river in the Naruto-Sasuke fight would have removed all doubt as to its water nature. Also in the Manga when he fires off the super concentrated ball of chakra it forms out of droplets rather then flames. You might also notice Kyuubi was all liquid when he had his head sticking out of the bars of his prison?
Further more if you replay episode 133 you might notice the massive amount of steam given off when Naruubi runs right into Sasuke's fireball. The Kyuubi chakra is also shown to be a big pool of water that Naruto is floating in and later he swims past the bars when he goes 4 tailed. So its WATER! and NOT FIRE

good point i also think naruto will use Wind + Water
n maybe he'll later (in the near future) combined them with fire or use wind +fire. Also i think Naruto will combine two elements since they talked about it in the chapter. why would kishi talked about it now. What i read in the translation n scalation was that combining two elements is almost LIKE a BLOODLINE LIMIT beacuse not even sharingan can copy it. I think Yamato Wood element isnt a bloodline limit but a veery hard to combined jutsu since u are creating life. Cuz if it is a blood line then why doesnt Tsunade have this technic or jutsu.

zetsuie
July 21, 2006, 01:58 AM
n maybe he'll later (in the near future) combined them with fire or use wind +fire. Also i think Naruto will combine two elements since they talked about it in the chapter. why would kishi talked about it now. What i read in the translation n scalation was that combining two elements is almost like a BLOODLINE LIMIT beacuse not even sharingan can copy it. I think Yamato Wood element isnt a bloodline limit but a veery hard to combined jutsu since u are creating life. Cuz if it is a blood line then why doesnt Tsunade have this technic or jutsu.

because the bloodline limits arent carried through everyone and since he was proably the firt person in his clan that recieved the bloodline limit it was proably just a mutation at that point so it didnt carry on in his children because it wasnt a dominant trait[br]Posted on: July 21, 2006, 01:57:42 AM_________________________________________________its kinda like kimimaru and how he was the only one in his clan to have the bloodline limit

squirrellord
July 21, 2006, 02:01 AM
yeah, like how Haku's mother flipped on Haku since Haku had the Kekei Genkai. "Why do you have it?!" or something like that.... she was probably praying it would skip her son..... it seems that the more refined a clan (Hyuuga) the more easy the trait is taught (Byakugan), where as it was implied that some members of the Uchiha clan couldn't activate their Sharingan.

ailpp
July 21, 2006, 02:13 AM
but they said in the manga that only the First had that jutsu and noone else. other bloodlines at least there are soppouse to be more people of than clan with that trait. like uchiha an neji's clan. And i know how haku and kimimaru (or whatever)had a bloodline and we only know and saw them to have that bloodline. but that was because they were the LAST people of their clan.well at least kimimaru. (orochimaru n kabuto said that).

zetsuie
i know about genes and all that. but if u say the first mutation or new trait didnt pass to the First hokage's offsprings then it isnt or cant be call a Bloodline since no one has it. Bloodline i think means that is a particular trait that passes truthe next generation. like someone said, some may have that trait or it could be a resecive trait. But for Wood element it doesnt seem to have pass to anyone since a passive trait can only pass thru 2 generations. So I think like Kakashi explained to Naruto, that combining two elements is very very difficult task. So no even sharigan can copy it. Thats why Kakashi said it was like a A BLOODLINE limit since sharingan cant copy another bloodline limit jutsu.

tof
July 21, 2006, 04:23 AM
about needing one hand per element: it's completly wrong.

I think you can perfectly use 5 elements on one hand. Jirayia demonstrated that with the 5 elements seals he applied on naruto to counter oro seals. Remember he had one small flame of chakra at the tip of each finger: 5 fingers -> one flame per element.
So i really think changing the chakra into an element is not limited by the number of hands but it certainly is related to the chakra holes one has in his body.

cheers,

C4animax
July 21, 2006, 04:41 AM
I wonder why people want shikamaru or asuma to turn their side and become ennemies...even having one of them die...i don't personnally like asuma but that would be weird to have him die...well then having him summoned a la orochimaru would be ok i suppose but...It's like all those prediction we had about sai and yamato and their upcoming death.

_Kyubi is Fire based, simply because he's the god of fire (read the legend of the nine tailed beast), the red chakra remind us what kyubi is...as for the liquid/bubling water , this is a reaction you get when water is at high temperature, also remember that naruto meets him in a dark wet place so kyubi doesn't create the water staying on the ground.
_Which explain why his chakra is melting the ice around him while fighting haku, the heat coming from kyubi is the result of that.
_As for the canonball it's actually a ball filled with chakra, no water nor fire into it(actually i'm not sure for the no fire thing), it's a bit like shukaku's chakra ball.And when kyubi appears in front of naruto this is just to show himsself it's chakra not water .
_And with the episode 133 the steam is created by sasuke fireball, because as you can see there is water under their feet...So it's fire not water.

It would be interesting to have naruto with a second nature that could counter sasuke nature, earth would suit for lightening as wind is good for fire....so wind and earth?...And that would be cool since yamato is there.

penguinsgoboom
July 21, 2006, 05:49 AM
i dont know why people are even discussing a second element. kakashi doesnt even think naruto will have enough time to develop 1. so lets stick to wind and see what sort of sick new ultimate jutsu awaits us.

odeon
July 21, 2006, 06:34 AM
Maybe Orochimaru just wants the Sharingan to learn as many Jutsu's as possible before the body rejects him

don't agree with that in fact I think rejection was about his arm, since the third cut his "soul arm" Orochimaru probably use the "soul arms" of the poor guy in the body that he stole...causing a rejection after some time...but i m not sure about that but Orochimaru doesn't seem the sort of guy to run after his perfect body with a uncomplete immortality jutsu that doesn't make sense to risk to loose the sharigan after 2 and a half years when he want to learn all the jutsu of the world ... I think that 's a complication that he couldn't predict du to the third and that's a way to kishi to retard sasuke possetion by Orochimaru ...

Bankotsu the Great
July 21, 2006, 06:42 AM
Naruto is the "King" because he has the Kyuubi, making him Konaha's "most" important piece. He has far more potential than anyone from Konoha, except for maybe Sasuke, since he is Naruto's forever Rival. Plus, when Naruto does master his element and the Kyuubi Chakra, he will without a doubt be the most powerful and important person in Konoha.

Donils
July 21, 2006, 07:13 AM
i dont know why people are even discussing a second element. kakashi doesnt even think naruto will have enough time to develop 1. so lets stick to wind and see what sort of sick new ultimate jutsu awaits us.

People are discussing a second element because Kishimoto brought it up. 50% of the chapter was about how you can combine two different elements. So it seems unlikely that Naruto's ultimate jutsu will only be from wind. It will probably have to be a combined jutsu or Sasuke will simply copy it. It wouldn't be very ultimate then. Remember, Kakashi said this will be a jutsu only Naruto can do. Everything seems to be leading up the Naruto combining elements.

Tamerlane
July 21, 2006, 08:02 AM
Lets try to get back to predictions everyone, if you would like to discuss the different types of jutsus we have a thread for that in the Toshokan area. But to help things get back on track here is my prediction for the week:

Obviously now that we know that Naruto is going to be a wind jutsu user I am sure that his training is going the main focus of the next chapter. However, like I was predicting last week I am sure that the Akatsuki are up to something big....and their arrival on the scene again could come at any time. Shikamaru is planning something though, is it possible that they are already getting ready for a possible attack? Although the next chapter seems fairly straightforward you never know if something unusual is going to happen.

:amuse

Vegitto
July 21, 2006, 08:20 AM
I predict that Naruto HAS a Bloodline Limit (Kekkei Genkai). It seems that most of the characters with Kekkei Genkai are taught how to use them by clanmembers. Since Naruto doesn't have any of those, I think he'll find out on his own. :amuse

maideth
July 21, 2006, 08:35 AM
I predict that Naruto HAS a Bloodline Limit (Kekkei Genkai). It seems that most of the characters with Kekkei Genkai are taught how to use them by clanmembers. Since Naruto doesn't have any of those, I think he'll find out on his own. :amuse

agree... we don't know if he has one,cause we don't know the uzmaki clan..(or if it exist),we know that he has an huge stamina...
i predict more training (i like it!!!) ,more elements and akatsuki action!

IniQuuS
July 21, 2006, 08:56 AM
To address former points concerning Yondaime's technique, I believe the explanation is quite simple. No one has the ability to seal souls into other beings, it would simply be such a powerful move. This is where the Death God comes in, who will facilitate this in exchange for the summoner's soul.

In the Third's case, he sealed souls of past Hokages, and part of Orochimaru's inside himself and then offered them collectively to the Death God. I believe the user of the technique has the ability to control who he wants to seal and where. On the other hand, the Fourth knew the Kyuubi was a very powerful entity (and going on the theory that Naruto is his son) and GIFTED Naruto with the powers of the Kyuubi. In exchange, he gave his life to the Death God.

Either way, the Death God will take the summoner's soul. The user of the technique can either choose to bring his enemy along for the ride, or cast the soul into another vessel.

I think, at least.

Also, I sincerely doubt that Naruto has a Bloodline Limit. He is already blessed with the Kyuubi, and there would be no point in making the main character overkill. The main concept of Naruto's existence is that he is not a "genius," like Sasuke, but can become just as strong in his own way.

Elldar
July 21, 2006, 09:13 AM
Sasuke ain't a genius, Kakshi is.

okay, u say that Sasuke just will copy a air-jutsu, but isn't it clear now, that he can't do the jutsu himself, because he can't comprehend air. He simply just can't use the element air and therefor the jutsu Naruto is doing is for no use to Sasuke.
Therefor kakshi for example I am pretty sure he has mastered almost/all elements.

and for the mist, Kishi said this very clearly u can spatially recompose the chakra and physically recompos it. mist is water that have been spatially recomposed.

and who say that naruto have the skill to combine to elements, yet, he maybe get it, but it will take years. and that with kage bunshin technique.

yeste
July 21, 2006, 09:42 AM
This is how I see it… Naruto has just discovered how to manifest his wind based chakra, right? So this would mean that he’s just starting to grasp the concept of “altering the nature” ! He’ll probably need some time to get more skillful with this. And then, after that, he’ll be able to maybe do something useful with it. What I mean is that until he gains more control over this, it’s impossible for him to even learn a basic wind oriented justu, and creating a unique one, more powerful than the rasengan is miles away…

So I predict that the training will continue, but as a side story, and we’ll get more of a development on the Asuma situation, and maybe some Akatsuki activity at the end of the chapter, as a cliffhanger??? But, it might be too soon for Akatsuki to show up… Maybee when he’s nearly done with his jutsu, like in the rasengan’s learning arc…

body flicker
July 21, 2006, 09:48 AM
Sasuke ain't a genius, Kakshi is.

okay, u say that Sasuke just will copy a air-jutsu, but isn't it clear now, that he can't do the jutsu himself, because he can't comprehend air. He simply just can't use the element air and therefor the jutsu Naruto is doing is for no use to Sasuke.
Therefor kakshi for example I am pretty sure he has mastered almost/all elements.

and for the mist, Kishi said this very clearly u can spatially recompose the chakra and physically recompos it. mist is water that have been spatially recomposed.

and who say that naruto have the skill to combine to elements, yet, he maybe get it, but it will take years. and that with kage bunshin technique.
sorry but sasuke is a genius it has been staed many times in the manga and the anime

kadoman
July 21, 2006, 09:56 AM
:offtopic: Guys, reminder to say on topic - which is to predict next chapter.

I predict we'll be seeing more of the same as this chapter (which isn't bad in itself) as we'll have to see Naruto perfect his 'cutting leaves' thingy! :D I am sure that will be achieved next chapter. We might see some more from Akatsuki as well...perhaps Itachi? [br]Posted on: 21 July 2006, 09:51:06_________________________________________________

So I predict that the training will continue, but as a side story, and we’ll get more of a development on the Asuma situation, and maybe some Akatsuki activity at the end of the chapter, as a cliffhanger??? But, it might be too soon for Akatsuki to show up… Maybee when he’s nearly done with his jutsu, like in the rasengan’s learning arc…

I'm going with this one! Spot on.

body flicker
July 21, 2006, 10:03 AM
ok i predict that we will see a little of tsunade just because asuma mentioned the hokage and we did not get to see what she was planing to acomplish with that team of ninja

Elldar
July 21, 2006, 10:15 AM
Prediction 1:no body flicker!
Prediction 2: Asuma ain't gonna die, he see himself as the sacrifical piece not as a sacrifical.
prediction 3:back to the chess game and Shikamaru will understand exactly what Sarutobi say, which probably ain't something any of you guys have guessed.
prediction4: no, monk next chapter.
prediction5:Hinata, may I say anything else?!

btw, what the hell is Yamoto doing there, aah maybe because he had a bloodline limit therefor kishi wanted him to be there to give examples?

DarkManSharingan32
July 21, 2006, 10:22 AM
Prediction 2: Asuma ain't gonna die, he see himself as the sacrifical piece not as a sacrifical.
prediction 3:back to the chess game and Shikamaru will understand exactly what Sarutobi say, which probably ain't something any of you guys have guessed.

btw, what the hell is Yamoto doing there, aah maybe because he had a bloodline limit therefor kishi wanted him to be there to give examples?

He's there to hold back Naruto's Kyuubi Chakra...
Why do people keep asking this question... it's addressed clearly in the manga...

kubik
July 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
What for? =P

LightReaper
July 21, 2006, 10:57 AM

I'm with this guy.

Naruto training, but not entire chapter, rest will be tidbits of Asuma, Akatsuki and Sai (meet hinata PLEASE).

kakerukami
July 21, 2006, 11:43 AM
I like how Naruto is finally undergoing some training that will improve his battle skills. I agree with the others who hope that the next chapter will continue with some more enlightening Naruto training. I hope we get to learn more about the whole mixing chakra stuff soon, but I doubt it will be revealed next chapter. I don't think this will happen, but I'd like to see another fight with some of the older ninjas involved, like when Itachi showed up. My only real prediction is that Akatsuki will probably attack before Naruto is ready to fight, or at least before the majority of the ninjas are ready to defend. Not much of a prediction, but sounds like something that could happen. Eagerly anticipating the next release!

mars0103
July 21, 2006, 11:47 AM
i think that in the long run that naruto will learn all of the 5 elements and this counld give him a blood line limit due to that naruto can use all 5 elments he can done what the saendigan can't copy bloodline limit. (i can dream can't I)

but real i think that naruto will learn how to used wind and fire

Snake1786
July 21, 2006, 12:07 PM
I think Naruto is going to improve his wind technique and maybe were going to see asuma which encounters at the end of the chapter Hidan and Kauzuu.

zetsuie
July 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
but they said in the manga that only the First had that jutsu and noone else. other bloodlines at least there are soppouse to be more people of than clan with that trait. like uchiha an neji's clan. And i know how haku and kimimaru (or whatever)had a bloodline and we only know and saw them to have that bloodline. but that was because they were the LAST people of their clan.well at least kimimaru. (orochimaru n kabuto said that).

zetsuie
i know about genes and all that. but if u say the first mutation or new trait didnt pass to the First hokage's offsprings then it isnt or cant be call a Bloodline since no one has it. Bloodline i think means that is a particular trait that passes truthe next generation. like someone said, some may have that trait or it could be a resecive trait. But for Wood element it doesnt seem to have pass to anyone since a passive trait can only pass thru 2 generations. So I think like Kakashi explained to Naruto, that combining two elements is very very difficult task. So no even sharigan can copy it. Thats why Kakashi said it was like a A BLOODLINE limit since sharingan cant copy another bloodline limit jutsu.

no actually the only way a bloodline limit can be formed is through a mutation and its obvious that the first hokage's bloodline limit was just a mutation and since technically yamato is the first's son but he was the only one to recieve this trait out of the 20 also he didnt inherit the entire strenght of the first's power thats why i dont agree with everyone thinking yamato can surpress the kyuubi when naruto isnt in the kkyuubi form that was a big debate in the 316 prediction for me but also i dont trust yamato since he was created by oro [br]Posted on: July 21, 2006, 01:46:14 PM_________________________________________________i think that the two elements that would complentment the element wind or water and fire because i dont think you can combine wind and earth very effectively since their oppistes and lighting cant mix with wind and lighting and wind are two similar in that thier both fast and powerful so i think if naruto learned a second element it would be water simply to council out sasuke's fire and the whe get to lighting vs wind

neomaster121
July 21, 2006, 02:06 PM
Well i think in the next chapter all the clones and naruto will be cutting the leafs but not all of them would be cutting i think some of the clones will set the leaf on fire will others turn it to dust and some soaking the leaf and others showing the lightning element.
i think it will end with kakashi saying this could cause a bit of hassle.

The Touch
July 21, 2006, 03:07 PM
For the unaware. Naruto will have the cover/opening color of Jump #35:

WSJ #35 Previews:

http://img11.imagevenue.com/loc477/th_88907_Preview_477lo.jpg (http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88907_Preview_477lo.jpg)
http://img20.imagevenue.com/loc424/th_88933_Preview_2_424lo.jpg (http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88933_Preview_2_424lo.jpg)
http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc424/th_88960_Preview_3_424lo.jpg (http://img37.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88960_Preview_3_424lo.jpg)http://img46.imagevenue.com/loc469/th_88981_Preview_4_469lo.jpg (http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88981_Preview_4_469lo.jpg)

Elldar
July 21, 2006, 03:17 PM
Neo u see Naruto is not trying to anything to any of those think so, your fantasy that Naruto is some kind of Genius. and I must say that he won't, okay I can't be certain but he will never learn every elements.
I rather see him learn a gen-jutsu then the control of every element, "but who ever said u were smart enough to even make a gen-jutsu" - somewhat Jiraiya said.

now, for some predictions:
I couldn't really tell how Hinata would come in next chapter, but know I think I "know"
last pages, Hinata will look into the sky and think of Naruto, then Shino "who are u thinking abot?" or something like that.

I would like to make a reprediction, the prediction that kishi will go back to chess game is wrong...!

zetsuie
July 21, 2006, 03:34 PM
Neo u see Naruto is not trying to anything to any of those think so, your fantasy that Naruto is some kind of Genius. and I must say that he won't, okay I can't be certain but he will never learn every elements.
I rather see him learn a gen-jutsu then the control of every element, "but who ever said u were smart enough to even make a gen-jutsu" - somewhat Jiraiya said.

now, for some predictions:
I couldn't really tell how Hinata would come in next chapter, but know I think I "know"
last pages, Hinata will look into the sky and think of Naruto, then Shino "who are u thinking abot?" or something like that.

I would like to make a reprediction, the prediction that kishi will go back to chess game is wrong...!

i have no idea what you meant

Darrenj
July 21, 2006, 05:34 PM
sorry but sasuke is a genius it has been staed many times in the manga and the anime

I believe that was because he did well in school and why it was mentioned only in earlier manga's, his fights after he became genin didnt show this

THETRUTH.com
July 21, 2006, 05:35 PM
I dont think that people are grasping the amount of time this technique will aid in Naruto's training. After one hour of this training it will be the equivalent of just under 42 full days of training (using the analysis that Kakashi spoke of). That could lead to fast progress in Naruto's case considering the time it took him to learn rasengan. Okay Naruto might not be a genius in the tradition sense but he learn as fast or faster than most anybody through physical activity (remember how sure Tsunade was while making that bet).

I think that the Asuma & Shikamaru conversation might be due to the fact that Shika will be looked to for planning and Asuma wants him to think of certain factors when that time comes.

jester065
July 21, 2006, 05:36 PM
i predict more trainning and the monk showing up or next chapter. Maybe some more asuma and i wouldlike for hinata to show up in next chapter but i doubt it tho :Gaaraball

Ishiken
July 21, 2006, 05:48 PM
So far all the entries on Kyuubi mention its ability to flatten mountains and raise Tsunamis and no mention anywhere of Fire. So if you can provide evidence of this relationship with fire please by all means do so. Also that isn't water in the Manga its Kyuubi Chakra on the ground. I see a lot of dust being blown up from where the ground was broken in the Anime, but no water. You still haven't explained away the Kyuubi chakra being a bubbling liquid when its around Naruto in the tailed form or the large pools of water in the cage or Kyuubi being made of Water when he's partially outside of the cage. Now when he's just leaking chakra it looks like flames, but so does everyone elses chakra. So once again I am going to reinterate the heat is an expression of Naruto's rage nothing more. Since we have not seen Kyuubi hurl fireballs, but we have seen a nice big ball of liquid chakra. We have also seen extendable liquid arms and some natural using chakra to blow away attacks. So until we see Kyuubi hurl fireballs I'm sticking with the Air/Water. There is also his name which is Whirlpool putting further evidence towards the Water connection. Typically Water is also refered to for healing and Kyuubi gives Naruto amazing regeneration capabilities and Water is typically referred to as endless depths of power. Air and Water seem to fill the roles of Narutos nature far more then Fire.

Besides if we were going by the strict interpretation of the tale then Sasuke would have the 8 tailed dragon/snake as he weilds Kusanagi the unbreakable sword of the 8 tailed snake/dragon. Kisama also weilds the 3 tailed's chakra draining sword.

So far we know of 3 types of Techniques that Sharingan can not copy:

1. Summons as they require a blood contract with the Animal type unless you have the contract scroll or have signed it entering into the blood contract you can't summon it.

2. Unique Jutsu that require unique traits limited to one person or a family of people.
In this case I think the reason the First's technique was not passed on is because its a unique mutation of a recessive trait. Without Experimentation like Orochimaru's it would be highly unlikely to find another living being with it and it would be unlikely to pass the trait on to a family member.

3. Pure Chakra manipulation techniques that use no seals like Rasengan or Neji's Whirl.

Finally Naruto will never become a genjutsu user. Its not a lack of intelligence that stops him from doing so, rather its a trait that someone is born with. Naruto is not stupid, he simply hates to study and is more action oriented. If Naruto was an idiot he would never have learned Kage Bushin in such a short time or learned the Rasengan.

Yamoto has full control of the First's ability, he can only supress the Kyuubi as long as Naruto is wearing the Chakra Crystal Necklace. I think Yamoto has no loyalty to Orochimaru who kidnapped and experimented on him and then finally left him to die when the experiment was thought to be a failure.

Itachi has long stated that Sasuke has the potential to become stronger then him and he is refered to as the Genius of the Uchiba clan. Hyuuga Neji is another genius whose Byakugan will one day be vastly superior to the leader of the Head Family. Sasuke fought and hurt Orochimaru, was the first person to ever injure Gaara, could have eventually beaten Haku if Naruto hadn't been in the way, defeated the chakra draining Orochimaru spy with barely any chakra etc.... I don't know where anyone would get the idea that he's not special.

kunai-knight
July 21, 2006, 05:52 PM
THANX TOUCH!

I think that the next person to die will be Tsunade, not Asuma. Why? because she needs to step down so that there'll be a new hokage. plus she's gettin on in her years now. Quite possible for the new hokage to be Asuma. This way we can keep seeing Yamato (who is in danger of being pushed to the sidelines now that kakashi's outta the hospital) cuz he could then be transfered to Asuma's old team. And its the kinda thing kishi would do too

QMark
July 21, 2006, 05:52 PM
Well I just have a good feeling that next chapter will involve Asuma/Akatsuki more than any other character. I mean sure Naruto's training is important but Kishi also has to keep it a bit secret as well. I think by the end of the training we won't actually get to see the jutsu he created but Naruto will go on and on about how great it is.

Asuma seems to be the main focus as of the last few chapters. I hope the explanation of the Monk's thing comes up soon. To me, ever since that was mentioned I've been dying to find out what it was.

lexx
July 21, 2006, 06:22 PM
I think that in the many months I've been reading plot predictions for Naruto I've never seen a correct one :)

destinator
July 21, 2006, 06:24 PM
I think that in the many months I've been reading plot predictions for Naruto I've never seen a correct one :)

Well its almost impossible to predict 100% right of the next chapter and also Kishi likes to throw new things in which come from his creative mind so its almost impossible to make exact predictions...stilll there mostly people prediction something right. For example there were people prediction training with clones as training method which came true in the end.

koolaideprived
July 21, 2006, 07:12 PM
@Ishiken

I'm pretty sure that the Kyuubi's element is fire.
References:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyubi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

And I think it's mentioned somewhere in the manga (just re-read it, but I'll look later)

toin7
July 21, 2006, 07:22 PM
1. I seriously doubt naruto is in any way directly related to the 4th clone, son, or otherwise. If he were, the villagers would have had much more respect towards naruto instead of alienating him
2. Kyuubi was not a gift, it is more of a curse that made him alienated. It also makes him not depend on his own power. Naruto is trying to stop using kyuubi and I hope he succeeds. It's really only a hinderment to his power in the end I think. Kyuubi was sealed inside of naruto because the bijuu are extremely strong, and in the same case as ori/sadaime fight, the 4th could not pull the demon inside of him, so he put it inside naruto instead.
3. I think the previous chapter said that jounins can USE 2 different types of chakra, but not neccessarily combine them. I think combining elements is a bloodline/mutation as evidence by yamato and haku. the 3rd combining water and earth into mud isn't truly combining them, only mixing 2 elements.
4. If naruto had a bloodline, it would ruin the story as the premise is that Naruto is like Lee, working hard for their power and not born with it like geniuses.
5. Naruto will learn at least some wind jutsu before he is involved in a battle as kakashi said that the training was moving faster than he expected. This shows Naruto's growth potential.

Elldar
July 21, 2006, 08:01 PM
I dont think that people are grasping the amount of time this technique will aid in Naruto's training. After one hour of this training it will be the equivalent of just under 42 full days of training (using the analysis that Kakashi spoke of). That could lead to fast progress in Naruto's case considering the time it took him to learn rasengan. Okay Naruto might not be a genius in the tradition sense but he learn as fast or faster than most anybody through physical activity (remember how sure Tsunade was while making that bet).

still, he just made a small cut in one leaf, doesn't mean that he is going to tear in half yet. and if he do, what would a second elements be good for?
you just said that he haven't had the brains to do a gen-jutsu, so how can he do a mixure of two elements?
and the second element how can u tell which is his second best element?
I don't believe he will use the Kyuubi Power any of it, maybe later in the manga; because he understand that it is justing hurting himself, not providing any help, so using that fire-chakra that the Kyuubi is out of the question I assume.

The only reason why Naruto could use the Rasengan in that short time is because his unique ability, his chakra stamina, that will say, he could train more each day.
and the rasengan is just chakra consuming it was ideal for Naruto, so it wasn't a suprise. Then a again Kichi must have felt bored of the training part and let Naruto finnish the jutsu.

Naruto is not smart I get that, so he can't really make a gen-jutsu. with that in mind how is he going to preforme a fused elemental attack somewhat near a bloodline limit that sound strange to me. Still Kichi said, something that is special for Naruto, so might he will develop a fusing, but I that beeing too farfetched (far fetched?).

I believe he will not go back to the Asuma and Shika talk, why?
because still have some tense reading for us, so we still have some feelings that anything could happen. Therefor am I saying there will be some picture of some other of his character such as Hinata ^_^.
In the asume talk he said everything that seemed important, so I don't believe he will go back, it would seem more likely that the monk comes, but i predict him in chapter 318, and the same for cutting the leaf I predict that for 318.

and to create some suspense he will show something unaspected. which I can't tell...
hmm, Akatsuki i don't believe they search for Naruto, or are they?
I mean the right hand must know what the left hand is doing, why not send Itachi for the job, if it is Naruto. He know it is him right so why not?

kunai-knight
July 21, 2006, 08:31 PM
So far all the entries on Kyuubi mention its ability to flatten mountains and raise Tsunamis and no mention anywhere of Fire. So if you can provide evidence of this relationship with fire please by all means do so. Also that isn't water in the Manga its Kyuubi Chakra on the ground. I see a lot of dust being blown up from where the ground was broken in the Anime, but no water. You still haven't explained away the Kyuubi chakra being a bubbling liquid when its around Naruto in the tailed form or the large pools of water in the cage or Kyuubi being made of Water when he's partially outside of the cage. Now when he's just leaking chakra it looks like flames, but so does everyone elses chakra. So once again I am going to reinterate the heat is an expression of Naruto's rage nothing more. Since we have not seen Kyuubi hurl fireballs, but we have seen a nice big ball of liquid chakra. We have also seen extendable liquid arms and some natural using chakra to blow away attacks. So until we see Kyuubi hurl fireballs I'm sticking with the Air/Water. There is also his name which is Whirlpool putting further evidence towards the Water connection. Typically Water is also refered to for healing and Kyuubi gives Naruto amazing regeneration capabilities and Water is typically referred to as endless depths of power. Air and Water seem to fill the roles of Narutos nature far more then Fire.

Besides if we were going by the strict interpretation of the tale then Sasuke would have the 8 tailed dragon/snake as he weilds Kusanagi the unbreakable sword of the 8 tailed snake/dragon. Kisama also weilds the 3 tailed's chakra draining sword.

****************************************************************************************

Sasuke fought and hurt Orochimaru, was the first person to ever injure Gaara, could have eventually beaten Haku if Naruto hadn't been in the way, defeated the chakra draining Orochimaru spy with barely any chakra etc.... I don't know where anyone would get the idea that he's not special.

Dude its fire. dont argue with me about it either :tem The red symbolizes fire. If it were water, it'd make more sense to make it blue dont u think? :s

So far all the entries on Kyuubi mention its ability to flatten mountains and raise Tsunamis and no mention anywhere of Fire. with one swing of its mighty tail! therefore there no mention of water either...

You still haven't explained away the Kyuubi chakra being a bubbling liquid when its around Naruto in the tailed form or the large pools of water in the cage or Kyuubi being made of Water when he's partially outside of the cage.

dude i think thats just how the kyuubi chakra is man...dont go digging deep into that. i mean everyone else's chakra is shown to be blue and fluid like, that doesnt mean that they're all wind/water types :o

Since we have not seen Kyuubi hurl fireballs, but we have seen a nice big ball of liquid chakra.

bah...it was just a big ball of black chakra as far as i'm concerned...raw energy....rasengan is blue and looks like a bubble but its just raw chakra!!

Air and Water seem to fill the roles of Narutos nature far more then Fire.

you said it :amuse narutos nature...not the kyuubi's :)

**********************************************************************************

Sasuke fought and hurt Orochimaru, was the first person to ever injure Gaara, could have eventually beaten Haku if Naruto hadn't been in the way, defeated the chakra draining Orochimaru spy with barely any chakra etc

ahh cmon! you could have come up with better examples than these!

1. He hurt Oro? really i was under the impression Orochimaru was toying with him the whole time. Sure he managed to suprise him (not that i didnt use catch him off gaurd) but not hurt him! Oro got outta that fireball jutsu thingie so cool and calm...it was overwhelming. Consider if Orochimaru was serious would he have even gotten a chance to hurt him? nah not in a lifetime at the level! :blink

2.Okay i'll give u the first to injure gaara...even though i can think of a whole lotta other ninjas who could have done that too. And considering it was the half crazed gaara its NOT that spectacular either

3. Plz...thats just probability. Truth is haku could could have killed him easily if he was really trying. You think sasuke could have survived the onslaught that he tried to give naruto after he went all kyuubi? or that was the only jutsu haku had? If i remember correctly (dont quote me on this one) Haku said that he might be at a disadvantage if the battle continued any longer because the ice mirror jutsu required alot of chakra to mantain. There are alot of scenarios like this too you know. I keep thinkin back at gaara how he could have lost that fight with lee if Lee only had the common sense to stab him with a freakin kunai all those times instead of boxin and kickin him :mad the idiot!

4. i'll give u that...though...and he cudnt use his sharingan either...fine one good example :tem

THETRUTH.com
July 21, 2006, 09:57 PM
still, he just made a small cut in one leaf, doesn't mean that he is going to tear in half yet. and if he do, what would a second elements be good for?
you just said that he haven't had the brains to do a gen-jutsu, so how can he do a mixure of two elements?
and the second element how can u tell which is his second best element?
I don't believe he will use the Kyuubi Power any of it, maybe later in the manga; because he understand that it is justing hurting himself, not providing any help, so using that fire-chakra that the Kyuubi is out of the question I assume.

The only reason why Naruto could use the Rasengan in that short time is because his unique ability, his chakra stamina, that will say, he could train more each day.
and the rasengan is just chakra consuming it was ideal for Naruto, so it wasn't a suprise. Then a again Kichi must have felt bored of the training part and let Naruto finnish the jutsu.

Naruto is not smart I get that, so he can't really make a gen-jutsu. with that in mind how is he going to preforme a fused elemental attack somewhat near a bloodline limit that sound strange to me. Still Kichi said, something that is special for Naruto, so might he will develop a fusing, but I that beeing too farfetched (far fetched?).

I believe he will not go back to the Asuma and Shika talk, why?
because still have some tense reading for us, so we still have some feelings that anything could happen. Therefor am I saying there will be some picture of some other of his character such as Hinata ^_^.
In the asume talk he said everything that seemed important, so I don't believe he will go back, it would seem more likely that the monk comes, but i predict him in chapter 318, and the same for cutting the leaf I predict that for 318.

and to create some suspense he will show something unaspected. which I can't tell...
hmm, Akatsuki i don't believe they search for Naruto, or are they?
I mean the right hand must know what the left hand is doing, why not send Itachi for the job, if it is Naruto. He know it is him right so why not?

It doesnt sound like you read the post you responded to because I never said anything about genjutsu and the time factor could change everything. 1 hr = 42 days gives him time to grasp lots of concepts but having said that I think he does have talent to pick-up technique with physical training. I also dont remember Yamato or Kakashi saying anything about him needing to be smart or a genjutsu user dont think one has anything to do with the other. They said it was difficult.

zetsuie
July 22, 2006, 12:20 AM
Yamoto has full control of the First's ability, he can only supress the Kyuubi as long as Naruto is wearing the Chakra Crystal Necklace. I think Yamoto has no loyalty to Orochimaru who kidnapped and experimented on him and then finally left him to die when the experiment was thought to be a failure.

im not sure if this is a prediction but i just want yamato to die or become a traitor cause i hate him terrible character and no yamato doesnt have full control over the first's power he said it him self go read the manga again goes you obviously have no reading comprehension

Egoboo
July 22, 2006, 03:00 AM
no yamato doesnt have full control over the first's power he said it him self go read the manga again goes you obviously have no reading comprehension

1.Yes, thats quite obvious. Just as it is that you have no manners. You were right about Yamatos abilities, but there´s no need to be all high and mighty and judge other people´s abilities just because they wrote something that isn´t entirely correct. Just skip the "no reading comprehension"-part and i completey agree with your post.
2. No, what you wrote is not a prediction. Just hopes. (Legitimate hopes, of course :p)
3. My prediction: Naruto getting started with the next training method, Shika and Asuma ending their game, last page either Akatsuki or escaped Monk at Konohas Gates.

C4animax
July 22, 2006, 04:09 AM
:offtopic :nono

Dude its fire. dont argue with me about it either :tem The red symbolizes fire. If it were water, it'd make more sense to make it blue dont u think? :s

Tried to make him understand by pm but he won't listen!!!!! :D..

chocohexe
July 22, 2006, 04:43 AM
I think Kyuubis ability is defenetly fire, because I read about it. :tem All Biyu are attracted to an element example Shukaku=Sand and the five tailed dog (i forgot the name) = poison. Search a litle in net. than you find it.

Naruto is going to train more, and the Akatsuki show up. I want a big fight :p

Elldar
July 22, 2006, 05:49 AM
Shukaku isn't he wind?

photaibo
July 22, 2006, 06:08 AM
hi guys,
i think, naruto can combine all the 5 elements to a jutsu, since he has kage-bunshin: 5 bunshin, with each one element combined to a superior attack (like he needed another bunshin to use rasengan)..

chocohexe
July 22, 2006, 06:50 AM
huch yes hes wind, sorry I was by gaara an he uses sand. Memo to me: First think and then write *rofl*

thejackass98
July 22, 2006, 08:41 AM
i thougth i had read the kyuubi was the god of fire or somethin or was that in the narutofan 9 tailed beast thread

jester065
July 22, 2006, 08:52 AM
My prediction on this chapter is more training and maybe the monk shows up...But i see the Naruto finishing this training and there being another step he needs to take and him maybe asking more questions.. but i see him asking about another element and wanting to combine them. (and no you don't need a bloodline limit to combine them)

I kind of see the chess game being show at the end or not being show this chapter to leave us hanging for a chapter and also kyuubi is fire!
:Gaaraball

kadoman
July 22, 2006, 11:11 AM
I really think it's getting harder and harder to make predictions these days! Somebody mentioned those monks...I'd forgotten about them! Seems kishi has so many loose ends at the moment. How are those guys gonna tie into all this?

But anyway, since I was actually right for once with 316's prediction (hey, I am never right, allow me this one opportunity to gloat) I'll see if I can get it for 317.

Prediction: Bulk of chapter will show Naruto training - he will succeed and cut all the leaves to shreds in the blink of an eye. After he does that Kishi will introduce the Next Stage and we will have to wait until the next week to find out what that is.

In the meantime, we'll see some more of the Asuma/Shikamaru convo but it will occupy very little space. And intercut with all that, we might see more Akatsuki madness action, probably on the last page - Itachi is on my wish list but more likely, it'll be Hidan and his husband.:D

mars0103
July 22, 2006, 11:37 AM
i have a hunch when i was reading volume one and 2 of naruto i noticed that some of the frontpages are hinting about the story line looking at the pages i think that naruto will master 4 of the elements wind fire water and earth also create his now summoning which will be i bird of some descibsion

Ruth
July 22, 2006, 11:44 AM
prediction
after a few tries naruto succeed in cutting the leafs. that's gonna take like half a chapter(?) then as soon as they were going to the next stage, some unknowns came and tries to assasinate naruto. then shows abit of hidan and kakuzu arriving somewhere in fire country and start smashing everything. the last pg. we'll see asuma explaining stuff to shikamaru and begins to move. :p

naruto's 2nd element prediction.
im gonna say that naruto's second element will be earth. as wind is most supreme battle strength, he will also need a supreme defence. earth is more to that area i guess ... it can defend against lightning and fire at the same time. :amuse

maideth
July 22, 2006, 11:44 AM
even if kyuubi is fire chakra type,that doesn't mean that naruto will use the fire element in his training... (actually kakashi wants to avoind the kyuubi chakra in this training,that's why yamato is there)
maybe i'm wrong ,but i think he will use fire chakra in the future,not now...
i hope that he will use water/wind in this training :)

@ ruth ,earth + wind = ?

cerventus
July 22, 2006, 12:01 PM
earth plus wind equal haze.

Ruth
July 22, 2006, 12:07 PM
@maideth
that's the sweet part. i don't know. i mean, everyone been saying why it's water or fire and explains like it's so obvious. :p

the reason i don't agree with water is that it's a universal conductor so naruto'll just get a shock-of-his-life. :p plus, even with wind alone, he can still create a whirlpool if there's water not to mention whirlwind and tornados. yeah, i know it fits naruto's name and all. :oh
for fire, some say it's related to kyubi, so basically, it isn't his but kyubi's. im gonna except the fact that naruto is exposed to kyubi for along time and all. :oh

now i'm guessing what yamato's other affinity is besides earth and water. i mean, he could've inherit that trait from shodaime's genes ... any explanation? :blink

@cerventus
if that's so then it's nice to know. cuz indefinately sasuke can't use his sharingan :p but no thanks ...

bloodrage
July 22, 2006, 12:20 PM
i predict more training naruto will master wind manipulation by the next two chapters and create a jutsu in the next 2 so i predict four more chapters of training akatskui in the third chapter to come

My prediction on this chapter is more training and maybe the monk shows up...But i see the Naruto finishing this training and there being another step he needs to take and him maybe asking more questions.. but i see him asking about another element and wanting to combine them. (and no you don't need a bloodline limit to combine them)

I kind of see the chess game being show at the end or not being show this chapter to leave us hanging for a chapter and also kyuubi is fire!

you do need a bloodline limit to combine certain two chakras (blood line limit) u need it because your blood line is what makes the choices of which elements you can control ppl in your faimily with the same blood,will be able to perfom the moves.you can't just decide to wake up and combine elements together .

hi guys,
i think, naruto can combine all the 5 elements to a jutsu, since he has kage-bunshin: 5 bunshin, with each one element combined to a superior attack (like he needed another bunshin to use rasengan)..

that would be nice. but highly unlikley, to work unless he was doing something like a kamehameha, and all of them joined like in dbz to make one big one .

im not sure if this is a prediction but i just want yamato to die or become a traitor cause i hate him terrible character and no yamato doesnt have full control over the first's power he said it him self go read the manga again goes you obviously have no reading comprehension

yamato is a very cool character, shit he just created a waterfall with no problem his bushin can turn into trees, you just don know anything

DarkManSharingan32
July 22, 2006, 01:03 PM
I think people are forgetting something:
Your bloodline/genes is what <b>DECIDES</b> what two elements you can fuse together.
You guys are making it seem like a race. Like who ever fuses a certain two elements together, calls that a Bloodline jutsu, and suddenly, as if by magic... no one else can fuse those two and get the same results.

Wrong guys, no matter what, Naruto will only be able to fuse two elements for a bloodline ONLY IF he has a bloodline. Othewise it will be a "Clan Jutsu" much like the Nara, Akimichi, and Yamanaka clans. Since there is a difference between Bloodline and Clan, i would guess that the later could be learned/copied while a Bloodline cannot. BUT we will have to wait until Kishi fleshes out more details on the Clan jutsu later on in the manga... in order to be sure...
----

Prediction:
Naruto's training will continue, nothing too much there will be amazing... One of Naruto's clones will probably completely shred a leaf to bits, and then will dispel so we see how Naruto uses his new info. It will switch back to Shika/Asuma, and the infamous monk from earlier will inform Asuma of the Akatsuki's plans.

From here it's all in my imagination... But Asuma will feint to take the monk to the Hokage, and kill him... He will want to confront the Akatsuki himself.
The chapter will concclude with Kakuzu holding some sort of money bag, and after a short dialogue about how he wasted time, Hidan and Kakuzu will finally head towards Konoha.

maxhrk
July 22, 2006, 01:52 PM
i think it's rather out of style for asuma to kill infamous monk

DarkManSharingan32
July 22, 2006, 03:42 PM
i think it's rather out of style for asuma to kill infamous monk

Asuma is one of the least developed characters in the whole manga... Right now he could do just about anything...

odeon
July 22, 2006, 05:24 PM
hum... bloodline have an origine don't forget that...we don't really know how someone developpe a new ability that no one has before and transmit it to his descendants (for example the first, mokuton jutsu...) so actually there no proof that naruto couldn't developp something like "bloodline limite" that will make him able to fuse chakra...and remember that he will achieve, acording to kakashi explaination, something like more 100 years of non stop training... who know if all people couldn't develop the same sort of ability to fuse chakra with that sort of training ... actually I don' think anyone has ever done it since it require knowledge of kagebunshin and an enormous amouth of chakra (naruto probably the only one who can do that..)...

zetsuie
July 22, 2006, 06:15 PM
1.Yes, thats quite obvious. Just as it is that you have no manners. You were right about Yamatos abilities, but there´s no need to be all high and mighty and judge other people´s abilities just because they wrote something that isn´t entirely correct. Just skip the "no reading comprehension"-part and i completey agree with your post.
2. No, what you wrote is not a prediction. Just hopes. (Legitimate hopes, of course :p)
3. My prediction: Naruto getting started with the next training method, Shika and Asuma ending their game, last page either Akatsuki or escaped Monk at Konohas Gates.

im sorry i just got tired of people who think yamato has the same control over his power as the first and also this guy i think is starting to annoy people cause he keeps going on about how theres so many clues in the manga about how the kyuubi is water when everyone keeps telling him that those arent clue and to go read it over cause the kyuubi is fire based[br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:04:25 PM_________________________________________________

prediction
after a few tries naruto succeed in cutting the leafs. that's gonna take like half a chapter(?) then as soon as they were going to the next stage, some unknowns came and tries to assasinate naruto. then shows abit of hidan and kakuzu arriving somewhere in fire country and start smashing everything. the last pg. we'll see asuma explaining stuff to shikamaru and begins to move. :p

naruto's 2nd element prediction.
im gonna say that naruto's second element will be earth. as wind is most supreme battle strength, he will also need a supreme defence. earth is more to that area i guess ... it can defend against lightning and fire at the same time. :amuse

umm dude earth conduct lighting thats the reason you can get shocked by lighting if it hits a tree even if your standing fifty feet away from the tree thats why kakashi's second element is earth

UzumakiRoman
July 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
Asuma is one of the least developed characters in the whole manga... Right now he could do just about anything...

your right about him not being that developed, however we just got a big character development as we know Asuma was the 3rd's son so i don't think he will betray Konoha, besides Orochimaru already did that and the 3rd wanted Orochimaru to take his place!

zetsuie
July 22, 2006, 06:30 PM
yamato is a very cool character, shit he just created a waterfall with no problem his bushin can turn into trees, you just don know anything

i know how to spell don't[br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:20:07 PM_________________________________________________im sorry theres no reason to insult someone just because they dont like your favorite character grow up people and try to stay on topic[br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:02 PM_________________________________________________and i dont thnk asuma will become a traitor it just doesnt seem in his character i mean afterall there has only been one person thats really a traitor and thats kabuto (unless you count miyzuki)

DarkManSharingan32
July 22, 2006, 06:36 PM
i know how to spell don't[br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:20:07 PM_________________________________________________im sorry theres no reason to insult someone just because they dont like your favorite character grow up people and try to stay on topic[br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:02 PM_________________________________________________and i dont thnk asuma will become a traitor it just doesnt seem in his character i mean afterall there has only been one person thats really a traitor and thats kabuto (unless you count miyzuki)

Umm, Sasuke, Orochimaru and Kabuto all fit the bill right now... as traitors from Konoha. And you guys have to remember, it was foreshadowed that Konoha would be attacked form within... If not Asuma, then who?

Asuma may have been the son of Sandaime, but all he has done was reconsile he old feelings. It has been years since his death, and he is only doing this now? Think... there must be SOME reason for that. All we know right now is that Asuma has mad a decision, and it most likely has to do with his whole "King" speech. I really don't think it has much to do with Naruto, only because he hasn't spoken to Naruto at all lately... or conveyed any emotions towards him. But Kurenai... is a definite possibility. If she is a Jinchuuriki, i could see Asuma forsaking everything... even the villiage in order to ensure her safety... even making a deal with the Akatsuki...

zetsuie
July 22, 2006, 06:40 PM
Umm, Sasuke, Orochimaru and Kabuto all fit the bill right now... as traitors from Konoha. And you guys have to remember, it was foreshadowed that Konoha would be attacked form within... If not Asuma, then who?

well i guess your right but what i meant is that kabuto is kinda the one who you never really know which side hes on akatsuki,konoha, oro,akatsuki,oro so thats what i was trying to say i have know idea if i cleared that up

DarkManSharingan32
July 22, 2006, 06:43 PM
well i guess your right but what i meant is that kabuto is kinda the one who you never really know which side hes on akatsuki,konoha, oro,akatsuki,oro so thats what i was trying to say i have know idea if i cleared that up

Ahh, i get what you're saying...
You never really know where his loyalty is.
While it seems like he is bound to Orochimaru, some of his actions seem to say otherwise.

He really is an enigma... Although he is a well developed character, we really don't know much about him...

zetsuie
July 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
Ahh, i get what you're saying...
You never really know where his loyalty is.
While it seems like he is bound to Orochimaru, some of his actions seem to say otherwise.

He really is an enigma... Although he is a well developed character, we really don't know much about him...

yeah exactly although some of his past kinda seems mixed up like he was supposedly adopted by a medical ninja from konoha when he was a kid but he was already an agent for both akatsuki and oro i wish kishi would clear that up [br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:46:42 PM_________________________________________________oh yeah i think theres a picture of the present naruto in the naruto ulitmate ninja game

DarkManSharingan32
July 22, 2006, 06:53 PM
yeah exactly although some of his past kinda seems mixed up like he was supposedly adopted by a medical ninja from konoha when he was a kid but he was already an agent for both akatsuki and oro i wish kishi would clear that up [br]Posted on: July 22, 2006, 06:46:42 PM_________________________________________________oh yeah i theres a picture the present naruto in the naruto ulitmate ninja

Hmm, this is probably how it went...
Kabuto was found by someone in the Akatsuki... most likely Sasori...
Once Orochimaru joined... he somehow ensnared Kabuto to his side, and shortly after implanted him in Konoha. From there it was just a waiting game, until they built up a force strong enough to take Konoha down.

zetsuie
July 22, 2006, 07:00 PM
yea but how did he get as good as kakashi

Elldar
July 22, 2006, 07:56 PM
he is from an elite medical clan u know.

Asuma a traitor I rather not make that drastic decision on such a lame cause as the "speech", it was more an explantion to Shikamaru than anything else.
You never thought that the traitor from within is Danzou. Fit his agenda.

donkeyhigh
July 22, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm not thinking to much about Asuma atm, I'm waiting for more information about him before I make any more thoughts about that.
However, I noticed some people thought you needed a bloodline-limit in order to accuire 2 different Nature-abilities. This is not the case, you can get 2 different types of Nature-element, however, as Kakashi said, to combine them into a new Nature, requires a bloodline-ability, or a great deal of skill.

Kakashi said himself that he has 2 different types, Lightning and something else, however, he can't combine them into one new, yet, atleast.

Also, regarding the previous topic about Narutos' new technique. Some people said there's no way in hell it'll be The Yellow Flash's "Body Flicker". Well, you might be right about that, or more precice, you are deffinently right, as it is supossed to be a new original technique, made by Naruto himself. It most surely wont be The Yellow Flash's Body Flicker. However, it might be something close. Naruto will be told to think of something original, something that comes to him naturally.
Well, he is allot like The 4th, and Rasengan came natuarly to him. Maby when he is told to make a new technique, he'll develope a new technique, close to the 4ths Body Flicker, but since Naruto's never heard of the 4ths' technique, it'll be a new original technique developed by Naruto himself, and made to fit him perfectly. Maby even a better version of the 4th's technique. You all understand what I'm trying to say?

He doesn't know of the 4ths Body Flicker, therefore, he isn't copying it, he's making it himself, to fit himself, with nothing leading him, making him the creator of the technique, and making him understand every piece of the technique.
Of course I don't know if that is the final product of his intence training, however, if it were to be, it'd be kickass! :D
It's not impossible, so don't rule it out just yet :)

DarkManSharingan32
July 22, 2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not thinking to much about Asuma atm, I'm waiting for more information about him before I make any more thoughts about that.
However, I noticed some people thought you needed a bloodline-limit in order to accuire 2 different Nature-abilities. This is not the case, you can get 2 different types of Nature-element, however, as Kakashi said, to combine them into a new Nature, requires a bloodline-ability, or a great deal of skill.

Kakashi said himself that he has 2 different types, Lightning and something else, however, he can't combine them into one new, yet, atleast.

Also, regarding the previous topic about Narutos' new technique. Some people said there's no way in hell it'll be The Yellow Flash's "Body Flicker". Well, you might be right about that, or more precice, you are deffinently right, as it is supossed to be a new original technique, made by Naruto himself. It most surely wont be The Yellow Flash's Body Flicker. However, it might be something close. Naruto will be told to think of something original, something that comes to him naturally.
Well, he is allot like The 4th, and Rasengan came natuarly to him. Maby when he is told to make a new technique, he'll develope a new technique, close to the 4ths Body Flicker, but since Naruto's never heard of the 4ths' technique, it'll be a new original technique developed by Naruto himself, and made to fit him perfectly. Maby even a better version of the 4th's technique. You all understand what I'm trying to say?

He doesn't know of the 4ths Body Flicker, therefore, he isn't copying it, he's making it himself, to fit himself, with nothing leading him, making him the creator of the technique, and making him understand every piece of the technique.
Of course I don't know if that is the final product of his intence training, however, if it were to be, it'd be kickass! :D
It's not impossible, so don't rule it out just yet :)

Kickass?
Nah, i would just think that Kishi got lazy...

I'm expecting somethin greally good for this jutsu... not ANOTHER Yondaime jutsu, in any form.

rennokun
July 23, 2006, 12:19 AM
kakashi have lighning, earth and water as we seen so far when fighting agains sakura and itachi comrade forgot his name.

wat did jiraiya teach naruto in 3 years if naruto still doesnt know his natural element :notrust all jiraiya did is bring the power of kyubi to forth tail

QMark
July 23, 2006, 01:47 AM
People keep on assuming that Jiraiya taught Naruto squat within the past 3 years. Many things are obviously being overlooked. -_- Like for example, Naruto's chakra useage on Bunshins. Notice during the Save Gaara Arc that Naruto never overused his chakra in summoning Kage Bunshins. Also, at Oro's hideout Naruto sneakily, without anyone even noticing, placed two Kage Bunshins behind Kabuto upon the rocks to perform a Rasengan. Although it was detected and countered, its still quite a feet for Naruto. As clueless as he is sometimes, he puts his brain to use where it counts. In training. This has been shown to us throughout the entire series with Naruto. He takes a short amount of time to master a jutsu that would take any other normal ninja years. He would be quite deadly if given the proper teacher such as Kakashi. This is already apparent within the cutting leaf exercise.

My overall predictiion of next chapter is as I said previously. Asuma is close to sacrificing himself. As to what known cause is uncertain for me. I'm very much more interested in the backstory for the whole Monk thing.

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 02:42 AM
yeah kakashi is an earth type user but also did anybody notice that kakashi copied an ice type jutsu in the first naruto movie wonder if that means anything

QMark
July 23, 2006, 02:51 AM
Nope, doesn't mean anything Zetsuie. Reason is because the movies are complete filler and have no relation to the manga except for characters.

_ATMA
July 23, 2006, 03:03 AM
@maideth
that's the sweet part. i don't know. i mean, everyone been saying why it's water or fire and explains like it's so obvious. :p

the reason i don't agree with water is that it's a universal conductor so naruto'll just get a shock-of-his-life. :p plus, even with wind alone, he can still create a whirlpool if there's water not to mention whirlwind and tornados. yeah, i know it fits naruto's name and all. :oh
for fire, some say it's related to kyubi, so basically, it isn't his but kyubi's. im gonna except the fact that naruto is exposed to kyubi for along time and all. :oh

now i'm guessing what yamato's other affinity is besides earth and water. i mean, he could've inherit that trait from shodaime's genes ... any explanation? :blink

@cerventus
if that's so then it's nice to know. cuz indefinately sasuke can't use his sharingan :p but no thanks ...

impure water is only conductive, if its pure distilled water it isnt conductive its the containiments in water like rust and minerals that make the water conductive :P

body flicker
July 23, 2006, 03:06 AM
yeah kakashi is an earth type user but also did anybody notice that kakashi copied an ice type jutsu in the first naruto movie wonder if that means anything
im gonna say it means that he has the sharingan that can copy any jutsu that isnt bloodline related or to hard to break down

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 03:14 AM
impure water is only conductive, if its pure distilled water it isnt conductive its the containiments in water like rust and minerals that make the water conductive :P

yea and if naruto thros a bucket of water on sasuke id like to seem him use chidori then [br]Posted on: July 23, 2006, 03:13:31 AM_________________________________________________

im gonna say it means that he has the sharingan that can copy any jutsu that isnt bloodline related or to hard to break down

yeah it proably just means that you can do ice jutsu in cold weather lol

ligerjager
July 23, 2006, 04:01 AM
I might be way off basis here...but here goes:

As for the next chapter I think akatsuki might show up, hopefully another awesome training chapter and some more info about the world Naruto lives in....or maybe hints about his past. Definately hoping for some NaruHina moments (in the far future, right now wouldn't be the right time). Definately alot of forshadowing, maybe tsunade finally making ger move or some more Shikamaru vs. Asuma shougi moments. :smile-big

as to the manga I read that the jounin level nin acquire ATLEAST 2 elemental types...which means Naruto, if he trained in all manners of elemental jutsu, could theoretically acquire all five elements and or more if he put his mind to it. :whoo

If I remember correctly in the Chuunin exam Orochimaru had to use a 5 elemental seal to cut the mixture of chakra from the kyuubi, causing Naruto's own chakra to be unstable. :sweatdrop That would mean that the possibility of Naruto possibly mastering more than one element in the future does look certain (well to me anyways).

Because Naruto has an immense amount of chakra and could fine tune his abilities in accuracy and control he could maybe create a seperate elemental (or other) type of chakra for each finger, whereas regular nin (if they could ever be called that) would have to use their whole palm. :woo

With such power just imagine the possibilities and what jutsu Naruto could create, invent, and pwn with. All of which created without the "help" of the Kyuubi. :plot

I'm not even going to try to predict what Naruto will create, as kishimoto loves throwing curve balls. But whatever he does will knock everyone's socks off....that I can guarantee :p[br]Posted on: July 23, 2006, 03:41:08 AM_________________________________________________Oh I forgot, just like with the rasengan, he'll complete the jutsu in the midst of battle....mwahaha
behold the results of training!!!

also if naruto is hungry to learn jutsu he devote a portion of his clones to being book smart ( iknow, iknow...definately not his strength, but how else did he learn kagebunshin(but reading and practicing) ). Just think if they read up on battle strategies, jutsu, etc.,etc.,etc....(and practiced to boot).

Complete and utter sweetness!!!![br]Posted on: July 23, 2006, 03:59:26 AM_________________________________________________***please excuse the missing words and misspelled words, I think faster than I write*** :crying :sweat

rennokun
July 23, 2006, 04:04 AM
im guesing the other element for naruto is fire from the kyubi. kyubi chakra suppose to be fire and have been molding to naruto chakra so naruto element could be fire and wind

ligerjager
July 23, 2006, 04:07 AM
I know what I wanted to say now (thanks to kyoushibanzai's posts): If kishimoto is thinking of his story line like a shougi game then predicting what he'll do next might be a bit easier, or atleast make more logical sense....

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 04:22 AM
i dont think so

neji1988
July 23, 2006, 04:24 AM
Asuma's "king" Refers To Naruto...he knows that Naruto Will be the future Hokage...

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 04:27 AM
Asuma's "king" Refers To Naruto...he knows that Naruto Will be the future Hokage...

i think its too early to tell for certain

kadoman
July 23, 2006, 04:32 AM
Just a reminder people, to keep predicting...some of the posts are falling into 316 discussion territory and others aren't really making predictions about the next chapter.

I realise it's not all that easy at this stage, as so many things are beginning to inter-link, but just bare in mind - predict for next chapter! :)

For my bit, I've already predicted that we'll be seeing more of Naruto's training - specifically he'll succeed in cutting the leaves to shreds (can't wait to see how that looks and what Kishi actually does to represent it - will it be a great storm of leaves? A tornado of leaves? A low-flying river of leaves? Raining leaves? And after that Kakashi will introduce Naruto to the higher level (and what form will that take on? Is he gonna cut rock next?) - but I don't think we'll see that until the next week! Doh!

neji1988
July 23, 2006, 04:33 AM
I got A Slight Feeling...That the kyuubi has all 5 elements in its chakra...because u see orochimaru had to use the 5 elements to seal it... and i think the reason why naruto's chakra is wind base is bcause naruto wasn't using kyuubi's chakra when he was told to summon some chakra.. so naruto is a wind base nin but if he were to use his kyuubi's chakra he would be able to aquire all 5 elements..... i think that is why kakashi wanted that guy to over look the training and try to stablised the kyuubi chakra

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 04:35 AM
Just a reminder people, to keep predicting...some of the posts are falling into 316 discussion territory and others aren't really making predictions about the next chapter.

I realise it's not all that easy at this stage, as so many things are beginning to inter-link, but just bare in mind - predict for next chapter! :)

For my bit, I've already predicted that we'll be seeing more of Naruto's training - specifically he'll succeed in cutting the leaves to shreds (can't wait to see how that looks and what Kishi actually does to represent it - will it be a great storm of leaves? A tornado of leaves? A low-flying river of leaves? Raining leaves?). And after that Kakashi will introduce Naruto to the higher level - but I don't think we'll see that until the next week! Doh!

well maybe thats because 316 discussion is full of 316 predictions thats a little f'd up but anyway shikamaru wont become a traitor and well see kiba

oh and maybe your right about his attack he could have an attack like the guy from bleach and his soul slayer that can turn into cherry blossom an fly around everywhere

rennokun
July 23, 2006, 04:37 AM
i really like to c the kyubi in action that would be awesome :amuse

Elldar
July 23, 2006, 05:24 AM

in water it naturally contains OH- and H30+ so it's naturally conductive. sure the minerals add tho its conductiveness.

H2O + H2O -->OH- + H3O+

I see very little reason why Naruto is the King please explain

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 05:33 AM
i predict naruto i will be all like "im tired of these mother fukn snakes on this mother fukn plane

The Touch
July 23, 2006, 08:22 AM
(Cカラー)ナルト

It appears Naruto will have yet another color page coming in ch. 318. :jir_thumb

DeathcBlood
July 23, 2006, 08:54 AM
Is it me or is Kishi setting up for all the other teams to get beat and naruto's training not to finish till the last sec where he then would proceed to save Hinata as she would be the last to still be consious at the time.

Is it just me or does that situation seem to fit best to showcase naruto's advancement from his current training?

destinator
July 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
It appears Naruto will have yet another color page coming in ch. 318. :jir_thumb

That sounds really cool...hope we will see something really cool...I would wish for a nice Naruto-Akatsuki colorpage =)

DeathcBlood
July 23, 2006, 09:01 AM
I got A Slight Feeling...That the kyuubi has all 5 elements in its chakra...because u see orochimaru had to use the 5 elements to seal it... and i think the reason why naruto's chakra is wind base is bcause naruto wasn't using kyuubi's chakra when he was told to summon some chakra.. so naruto is a wind base nin but if he were to use his kyuubi's chakra he would be able to aquire all 5 elements..... i think that is why kakashi wanted that guy to over look the training and try to stablised the kyuubi chakra
that was explained by ero senin that Orochimaru used an odd element seal to make naruto's chakra mix inconstantly making it hard to actually control his chakra, also Orochimaru later states during the sannin fight that the only people who were capable of removing that seal were the third and the sannin and that was it.

Elldar
July 23, 2006, 12:23 PM
Prediction on the jutsu.. might Naruto learn to manipulate just not only his chakra but the "real" air around him, that would make some kind of uncopyable ability, because he don't use his chakra for the jutsu itself. It might waste alot of chakra to manipulte the "real" air but for Naruto it wouldn't be a problem.

cerventus
July 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
Quick weird question. Didnt Kakashi use an Ice element in Naruto Movie?

I perdict the leaf break into 2 pieces..and burn into ash

Kakashi " Interesting"

Elldar
July 23, 2006, 12:31 PM

Kakashi " Interesting"

THe NAruto movie aint connected to the manga what so ever...^_^

no, not because he might not be able to handle fire, it is because he ain't trying to turn it into ash.

cerventus
July 23, 2006, 12:35 PM
Which is pretty sad cos kishi dont make it a continuity..

Actually Naruto have hidden a lighter. I still think we will see something unexpected in the training. A Charkra cloud cluster of Naruto.

kunai-knight
July 23, 2006, 12:56 PM
in water it naturally contains OH- and H30+ so it's naturally conductive. sure the minerals add tho its conductiveness.

H2O + H2O -->OH- + H3O+

dude no way. pure water doesnt conduct electricity. its a fact. research it and see. i could go into detail as to why it doesnt but thatd take to long, and be immensely off topic :D

I predict that Danzou (and possibly Sai) will have something to do with the "Konoha shaken to its core again" detail that was foreshadowed several chapters back, and make a nice end for Sai which would leave a vacant space for when Naruto manages to get Sasuke back :). (it still wasnt explained how Sai didnt get in trouble for not obeying the mission from Danzou....which leads me to believe that everything went according to plan...)

odeon
July 23, 2006, 01:13 PM
dude no way. pure water doesnt conduct electricity. its a fact.

arf just to stop with that think pure water does conduct electrecity but at a very low level...0.056 µS/cm at 25 °C because of Autoprotolysis.....in contact with the air the conductivity go up to 0.1µS/cm because of the dissolution of CO2...

that really low anyway so it's common to say that pure water doesn't conduct electrecity...

for the next chapter I hope to see more training and we will porobably see Asuma, the monk and Tsunade

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 01:20 PM

Kakashi " Interesting"

yea but i think that it was a water jutsu but it was just really cold i think thats what most have decided upon

kunai-knight
July 23, 2006, 01:23 PM
yea but i think that it was a water jutsu but it was just really cold i think thats what most have decided upon

possible...but i see it more as they just not really caring about the laws and rules of naruto...they just wanna make a cool movie :tem

rocker2
July 23, 2006, 01:35 PM
arf just to stop with that think pure water does conduct electrecity but at a very low level...0.056 µS/cm at 25 °C because of Autoprotolysis.....in contact with the air the conductivity go up to 0.1µS/cm because of the dissolution of CO2...

that really low anyway so it's common to say that pure water doesn't conduct electrecity...

for the next chapter I hope to see more training and we will porobably see Asuma, the monk and Tsunade

Ummm, where did this discussion come from??!! LOL. Since we are in Narutoverse, no water is pure (unless they have high tech purification and deionization capability which I doubt) so all water will conduct electricity. Not to mention, the minute deionized pure water comes into contact with the earth or atmosphere, it will begin to ionize once more.

Anyway, next chapter we'll likely see some more training from Naruto, the monk and Asuma.

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
Ummm, where did this discussion come from??!! LOL. Since we are in Narutoverse, no water is pure (unless they have high tech purification and deionization capability which I doubt) so all water will conduct electricity. Not to mention, the minute deionized pure water comes into contact with the earth or atmosphere, it will begin to ionize once more.

Anyway, next chapter we'll likely see some more training from Naruto, the monk and Asuma.

i think its because we dont know if ice jutsu is a bloodline limit only jutsu or not and if it isnt its possible naruto could learn to use ice

yea i have a question if naruto learns water as his second element what happens if he is on dry land with no water the water element wont be as strong as it possibly could but if he learns a fire element thats not so much of a problem

tupacamaru
July 23, 2006, 02:41 PM
yea i have a question if naruto learns water as his second element what happens if he is on dry land with no water the water element wont be as strong as it possibly could but if he learns a fire element thats not so much of a problem

Well, one can master 2 elements but not be able to do the blood limit technique with those 2. As an example all those shinobis capable of making water and earth jutsust are unable to perform blood line jutsus like the ones from "the first". And it's because of their blood (meaning race or family), and their training time aswell. Kakashi could not perform haku's blood line jutsu and he more than sure knows wind element (and we have seen him using water element).
Dunno if I explained it well. Sorry for my english =P

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 03:35 PM
Powers of kitsune

Supernatural powers commonly attributed to the kitsune include, in addition to shapeshifting, possession (see kitsunetsuki below), the ability to generate fire from their tails or to breathe fire (known as kitsune-bi, literally "foxfire"),

i just found that on wikipedia so theres the proof that the kyuubi's element is fire also heres the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune
also it makes since when think about other characters that or foxes in anime like vulpix from pokemon and shippo from inuyasha

kunai-knight
July 23, 2006, 03:56 PM
Well, one can master 2 elements but not be able to do the blood limit technique with those 2. As an example all those shinobis capable of making water and earth jutsust are unable to perform blood line jutsus like the ones from "the first". And it's because of their blood (meaning race or family), and their training time aswell. Kakashi could not perform haku's blood line jutsu and he more than sure knows wind element (and we have seen him using water element).
Dunno if I explained it well. Sorry for my english =P

I'm still getting from my translation that if someone had control over water and earth type jutsus and a great deal of skill then yes it was possible to fuse them to a new element even if that person didnt have a bloodline. All that was required was skill. If the person fused the two chakra types together, they might not get wood as the new element though, the might create a different one all together.

Another thing to ponder is that if indeeed the mokouton was a bloodline of the first, then how come no else is shown to have it? :s (besides yamato of course) I mean we knew there was the 1st, then his son/daughter(s) and then there was Tsunade ( and didnt she have a little brother?) None of them have it which leads me to believe that perhaps it wasnt a bloodline, just that he skill in fusing those too chakra together :noworry

Spinevane27
July 23, 2006, 04:23 PM
Jeez I thought I would have never seen anything about hydroxide and hydronium ions since I passed chemistry.... with a D. (AHHH Conversion Factors are giving me headaches thinking about them!!)

I don't know about water as a second mastery though. I mean knowing Naruto if he uses wind and water and gets ice he would probably be shivering throughout the fight..... and complaining of how cold it was. And lighting would be overkill on the lighting characters. But then again he could have water.... he summons toads and toads need water.... But he doesnt have to have a second nature to master just yet. I dont think they have enough time for that just by how Kakashi has been rushing it even with the kage bunshins.

But I was thinking what about Yondaime Harishin no Jutsu or w/e. Wouldnt his have to be a nature manipulation also? Because if it was just a regular jutsu an Uchiha could have copied it. Including Kakashi after he got Obito's eye. Im sure that an Uchiha has probably seen their Hokage protect their village with that technique. So why is Yondaime the only one that can do it unless it used two different natures. < well at least before Itachi killed all of them.

But I predict that Naruto will continue until all the bunshins have split the leaf and then releases the jutsu and Kakashi moves him on to the next step and then we see the monk fall on Konohas doorstep and the message is delivered to Tsunade who gathers all capable ninja to protect Konoha from another attack and maybe they leave Naruto to continue training not knowing and then he gets jumped by Akatsuki and then everyone has to go back to have a chance at rescuing him. not going to just happen in one chapter but a medium term prediction.

zetsuie
July 23, 2006, 04:23 PM
Another thing to ponder is that if indeeed the mokouton was a bloodline of the first, then how come no else is shown to have it? :s (besides yamato of course) I mean we knew there was the 1st, then his son/daughter(s) and then there was Tsunade ( and didnt she have a little brother?) None of them have it which leads me to believe that perhaps it wasnt a bloodline, just that he skill in fusing those too chakra together :noworry

i have already answered that

no actually the only way a bloodline limit can be formed is through a mutation and its obvious that the first hokage's bloodline limit was just a mutation and since technically yamato is the first's son but he was the only one to recieve this trait out of the 20 also he didnt inherit the entire strenght of the first's power

Skeith
July 23, 2006, 05:06 PM
im going to predict, more training, more of asuma/monk dudes, and perhaps more of kakazu and hidan, within the next couple of chapters, im sure they could have sold that guy, or would have been tailed by anbu (since that one survivor knew they need help) also as soon as they're done with the monk-man im sure they'll either go after naruto or head back to the nibi and get her all dead like....
poor kitty...

kunai-knight
July 23, 2006, 05:19 PM
i have already answered that

huh wat? so yur saying yamato is really the first's son and thats why he didnt die when Oro put the genes in the 60 babies? um... :s

Skeith
July 23, 2006, 05:30 PM
huh wat? so yur saying yamato is really the first's son and thats why he didnt die when Oro put the genes in the 60 babies? um... :s

lol if that were true that experiment by Oro would be really retarded..... on his part anyway...

Predator
July 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
OK, the thread has driffted off-topic again. .....

Strange, but this weeks Prediction is the off-topic-iest ever in MH history. Maybe, because there's not much to predict.

But I would like to kindly ask to bring all non-Prediction conversations at least to Naruto Mega Convo (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=220.0). It's the place, where talk about Naruto is never off-topic.
But, if you feel like your discussion is more specific, just look for the right thread, as we have lots of them in Toshokan.

odeon
July 23, 2006, 07:56 PM
hum.. yes, Naruto is the king in Asuma words, but not because "he will be hokage" or that sort of crap... think about it, in naruto world, Kyubi was one of the worst disaster known, at the moment the forth sealed him, it became the duty of Konaha to protect the vessel in order to prevent Kyubi from resurface on they re world so.. yes, in that sheme ..naruto much more important than any hokage... much more important than any man at the leaf

bloodrage
July 23, 2006, 10:57 PM
naruto is not the king. jeez get a grip ppl, maybe it is the village,or its ppl, or maybe it is the feudal lord, but it is not naruto for sure. that is a stupid theroy and the moderators or right this is a predictioin thread so predict not disscuss worthless theroy.

body flicker
July 23, 2006, 11:14 PM
hum.. yes, Naruto is the king in Asuma words, but not because "he will be hokage" or that sort of crap... think about it, in naruto world, Kyubi was one of the worst disaster known, at the moment the forth sealed him, it became the duty of Konaha to protect the vessel in order to prevent Kyubi from resurface on they re world so.. yes, in that sheme ..naruto much more important than any hokage... much more important than any man at the leaf
protect naruto no the villagers and most of the shinobi hated naruto guts

i dont think asuma problem has anything to do with konohna but with the fire temple akastuski came thier loocking for a jinchuriki and asuma obviously had somthing to do with them being a guardian and we recently found out that he is the thirds son and we knew the third had a grandson

so what im trying to say is i think that when konohamaru was born he was decied to become a jinchuriki and asuma could not handle the fact that he was one so he left the village and his son behind and went to the fire temple maybe looking for giudence and on the way he picked up on the way of the monks and then he was choosen to become a guardian so probably along the way somehow akastuki found out that one of the 12 guards had a son that was the container of a biju

maybe maybe not ;)

dynamicdezzy
July 23, 2006, 11:38 PM
that would explain why he has some one like ebisu, an "elite" Jounin, with him even at a young age (before becomming a genin).

body flicker
July 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
that would explain why he has some one like ebisu, an "elite" Jounin, with him even at a young age (before becomming a genin).
no it would have ment why konahamaru didnt live with his parents why he had an episode all about him and why asuma is having problems and who he is talking about when mentioning who the king is

jester065
July 24, 2006, 08:04 AM
mmm maybe konahamaru parents died on a mission or something... who knows and as for the chess game i'm not going to read much into it for right now i'm hoping we get more in next chapter and just to stay on topic :smile-big

i predict a new element soon or kakashi going more into detail about the elements and yin and yang.. all this after the chess match and naruto cutting the leaf

kunai-knight
July 24, 2006, 08:37 AM
My prediction is that due to his training Naruto will learn a couple of sub-ultimate-jutsus which he will use in his upcoming battle with Akatsuki. I predict he'll only use the ultimate jutsu in a fight with sasuke :noworry

cerventus
July 24, 2006, 12:16 PM
wat are sub ultimate jutsu?

the King may be the tree. or maybe Asuma is part of Root and he is called for action to protect the host of the Kyubi.
So far so as i can understand, if you lose the king, you loose the game. Thus if you loose the kyubi, you lose konoha.
It is not saying Naruto is in the position to be King, although IMHO the king in chess is a lousy piece that need contants protection. I have not learnt shougi yet.

I think we may see more training and Jiraiya poping in the picture saying, to Kakashi, "How is my apprentice?"
Kakashi " He is surprising more talented than most ppl, you trainned him well"
Jiraiya " As you know, they are approaching soon. The kid must be ready or all is lost"
Yamato " The hokage under the presure of the counsel and danzou have instructed the assisnation squad of the root to mobilize."
Kakashi" Who is in that squad?"

Next frame showing Asuma smoking. A caption at the side with an anbu saying " It's time"

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
July 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
Konohamaru can't really be a jinchuuriki. If he is, then he's DOOMED. DOOMED i say. DOOMED.

The only chance for him to survive is if someone has a similar jutsu to Chiyo's reviving sacrifice tech.

Hankosha
July 24, 2006, 01:11 PM
I predict that the next manga will show Naruto training. He will prove to learn far faster than Kakashi Expected, cutting the leaf in Half in a short amount of time.

As a side note:
WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT NARUTO HAS 2+ ELEMENTS?
He could just combine Air with the Kyuubi Chakra to create an ultimate Jutsu!

Naruto's Chakra is Air. This does not limit him to simply attacks. Use of air to redirect attacks. The removal of air from enemies' lungs. The Ability to walk on air... All of these are possible now.

Skeith
July 24, 2006, 01:46 PM
naruto's chakra nature is WIND not AIR but some of those thoughts are nice like suffocating enemies, but its not gonna happen, no it would be too useful so if anything their would be a bunch of crappy limits or naruto just wouldn't do it... but naruto could learn to use other elements later on in the manga i don't think any character would be limited to a certain element, its just their nature that they don't bother with them and to be honest it would be awesome to see naruto go head-to-head with sasuke's great fireball tech or w/e with one of his own lol

i predict naruto will get confused some more and then there will be explaining some things and then kakashi/yamato thinking about how fast his training is goiing

i also predict more arguing about naruto's nature and who the 'king' is lmao

miu
July 24, 2006, 02:14 PM
As a side note:
WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT NARUTO HAS 2+ ELEMENTS?

Because Kakashi stated that when people attain Jounin power levels they generally have 2+ elements. Since Naruto is supposed to be able to surpass Kakashi with this training, it is a pretty sure bet that he will be Jounin level.

Mitsu
July 24, 2006, 03:08 PM
@Hankosa:
Naruto is not an "intelligent" type if he masters wind, it will be direct, brutal, awkward attacks :P There is no way for complex attack such as removing the air of lungs....

I think it was mentionned earlier but I assume that naruto will gain another element in "kyubi mode" and maybe
a third one combining its "wind" and the kyubi's "fire"....
Though all this is dissapointing me, I wish Naruto had learned the "high condensed chakra technique", it
would have been fun (may be it is "that" jutsu...hehe who knows...).
Anyway, in the next chapter naruto goes to step 2 which require kyubi mode and yamato's help (humm maybe something like cutting things with a particular pattern or a specific location)

erieru
July 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
I think that the ultimate jutsu will be something like 3000 wind blades coming from all directions attacking the enemy and cutting them to little pieces while 1000 clones attack with rasengans mixed with water element, yeah, that would be nice.
also, about the chess thing, I re-read the manga one more time and gramatically it doesn't make sense for him to be refering to Konoha, I don't know if he's refering to Naruto, but "the king" is definetly a person, not a town, that's what I got from the translation. I think he said "if you compare Konoha Shinobi to Shougi pieces" but anyways, I also think that the ultimate jutsu will definetly have to do something with a vortice, because of Naruto's symbol/logo thing in his left arm. (see the cover page)
ok that's it, have to go back to work

Vegitto
July 24, 2006, 04:38 PM
Oooh, I have a prediction:

First couple of pages is Naruto training. Halfway during this, Kakashi shows him the 'next level', cutting up the tree(s).
Middle section: Asuma and Shikamaru playing Shougi. Shikamaru wins and Asuma leaves.
After that, some more training. Naruto scrapes some off of a tree.
Last page: Akatsuki. And it's not who you think.. It's:

Tobi and Deidara.
Yes. They are now a team.

Chapter after that: Akatsuki wreaks havoc in Konohagakure.

Elldar
July 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
also, about the chess thing, I re-read the manga one more time and gramatically it doesn't make sense for him to be refering to Konoha, I don't know if he's refering to Naruto, but "the king" is definetly a person, not a town, that's what I got from the translation. I think he said "if you compare Konoha Shinobi to Shougi pieces" but anyways, I also think that the ultimate jutsu will definetly have to do something with a vortice, because of Naruto's symbol/logo thing in his left arm. (see the cover page)
ok that's it, have to go back to work

Asuma: "then u know who the "king" is, right?"
Shika: "The hokage....right?"
A:"That's also what I thought before...but that's not it"
S:"Then who is it?"
A:"You will also understand when the time comes."

I took that translation, and can't see your point, it isn't gramatically wrong for Kichi to refere to Konoha, he is not saying what or whom it would be.
"but that is not it" - seem likes he is saying that it ain't a person. and another fact is that he saying so because Shikamaru should come to the same conclusion by himself.
That don't really seems like he is talking about a person because you can't defend anything that you don't know whom it is, right?

Vegitto
July 24, 2006, 04:57 PM
If he meant Konoho, he would've said:"Not who. What."

Lazymonkeygod
July 24, 2006, 05:16 PM
If you look at how the pictures are shown ->

1: Naruto training 2: chess game talking about a king 3: back to naruto...

If you picture this in the anime, it should almost look like the king piece is refering to Naruto and his progess to becoming Hokage. Just like how all movies normally show the significant of their characters.

odeon
July 24, 2006, 05:31 PM
I think this will not beggin with naruto training but with chit-chatting perhaps betwen Tsunade and the monk... we will also see Asuma coming in the picture and better understand he's duty then at the end of the chapter a little peek on naruto's training...

ps: I was thinking that even if naruto don't have a bloodline limit... what about Kyubi? I mean he deal with the nine's tail chakra since his birth, and if I remember there some time where people says that he's resoning with kyubi chakra...so what if the fact the he's the vessel of kyubi allow him to have something like a bloodline limit... like garaa when he use his sand....(perhaps using kyubi chakra whitch i think have affinity with fire.. and his own witch have affinity with wind creating ...? well don't really know^^)

Skeith
July 24, 2006, 05:34 PM
If you look at how the pictures are shown ->

1: Naruto training 2: chess game talking about a king 3: back to naruto...

If you picture this in the anime, it should almost look like the king piece is refering to Naruto and his progess to becoming Hokage. Just like how all movies normally show the significant of their characters.

that actually makes sense, with asuma talking about who/what the king is then as his voice is fading off with with the 'you will understand when the time comes.' it shows naruto reveal the cut leaf

Elldar
July 24, 2006, 06:22 PM
that actually makes sense, with asuma talking about who/what the king is then as his voice is fading off with with the 'you will understand when the time comes.' it shows naruto reveal the cut leaf

sry but first there is the tree with no leafs, a tree with no leafs is like a city without ppl.
which mean all of konoha, I mean every citizen of Konoha is the king, if u get my point.
Like the "spirit of Konoha". and leafs can't exist without the tree, and ppl can't live togheter without a city. ( Geez, I believe we all over analyzing? but it is funny :D)
why the Qoutation marks if it was a real person?

Skeith
July 24, 2006, 07:33 PM
dude, i agree with that empty city/civilization, he could have been aiming for that but i also agree that most of us are WAY over-analyzing this, would kishi really think this deep into things?

jester065
July 25, 2006, 12:20 AM
yeah i agree with you Skeith

I think everyone over analyzing the chess game... maybe give it another chapter atleast to get more of what it means or what its forshadowing. I predict more about elements and maybe a few of the 9 rookies show up and hinata spying on naruto like always :smile-big

kadoman
July 25, 2006, 01:34 AM
dude, i agree with that empty city/civilization, he could have been aiming for that but i also agree that most of us are WAY over-analyzing this, would kishi really think this deep into things?

Naruto fans over-analyse? Noooo...I don't believe it! :D Well, it's probably true that if Kishi put half as much thought into his creation as we do into analysing it, it'd be a masterpiece. But I guess going all in-depth is half the fun!

Anyway, for next chapter, we're just going to see more training and maybe some dialogue between Asuma and Shikamaru and maybe a last page appearance by Akatsuki, but I do'nt think we'll get many answers to our questions!

Toad Sage
July 25, 2006, 01:59 AM
It would seem that the barren tree is a portent like the cracked Sondaime face shown in the previous chapter. It's so bloody obvious to me that Asuma is going to be evil. Also, wasn't one of the chapter tails about how all hell is coming to Konohoa or something? I think another betrayal would fit right into this second assault arc.

Recall that in chapter 312, as Tsunade proclaims Konohoa should step up its offense against Akatsuki, the next panel shows Asuma. This dissolve is along the same lines as what the above posters are saying, i.e. Tsunade says it's time to stop Akatsuki and the next thing you see is Asuma.

I think we'll see more of this developing with Asuma in the next chapter. Kishimoto wouldn't waste time on his character if he wasn't preparing him to play some role in the story, obviously. And at this point, it doesn't look like the role Kishimoto is planning for Asuma shall be a positive one.

kadoman
July 25, 2006, 02:07 AM
It would seem that the barren tree is a portent like the cracked Sondaime face shown in the previous chapter. It's so bloody obvious to me that Asuma is going to be evil. Also, wasn't one of the chapter tails about how all hell is coming to Konohoa or something? I think another betrayal would fit right into this second assault arc.

Recall that in chapter 312, as Tsunade proclaims Konohoa should step up its offense against Akatsuki, the next panel shows Asuma. This dissolve is along the same lines as what the above posters are saying, i.e. Tsunade says it's time to stop Akatsuki and the next thing you see is Asuma.

I think we'll see more of this developing with Asuma in the next chapter. Kishimoto wouldn't waste time on his character if he wasn't preparing him to play some role in the story, obviously. And at this point, it doesn't look like the role Kishimoto is planning for Asuma shall be a positive one.

Ya know what? I like this theory. Never thought about it that way before. And when we go back to the scene in front of the Hokage statues where he's saying, 'you were great old man' type of speech, you could put a different spin on that...but I'd have to give myself time to think that one over...the other thing I like about his character being treacherous is that he's been with us for so long (in terms of being part of the cast) and *we* would be as shocked as the characters. I remember when reading Harry Potter for the first time, being shell shocked when I found out who Scabbers was (heck, that he wasn't in fact, a rat!). I do wonder if Kishi is going to use Asuma to drop a similar type of bombshell on us.

Mmm...food for thought that one...food for thought... :amuse

toin7
July 25, 2006, 02:43 AM
Seriously, all this stuff about Shikamaru or Asuma being traitors is starting to get on my nerves? Where are people pulling this junk from? His father was the 3rd hokage who gave his life to protect the village. They have no motive to become missing nins. He even refers to himself as a sacrificial piece in this battle for the safety of kohona. And is he the father of kohonamaru or does asuma have a brother/sister? Next chapter will be finishing the leaf cutting and moving onto the next step.

Sephy7KillerMech
July 25, 2006, 02:54 AM
Seriously, all this stuff about Shikamaru or Asuma being traitors is starting to get on my nerves? Where are people pulling this junk from? His father was the 3rd hokage who gave his life to protect the village. They have no motive to become missing nins. He even refers to himself as a sacrificial piece in this battle for the safety of kohona. And is he the father of kohonamaru or does asuma have a brother/sister? Next chapter will be finishing the leaf cutting and moving onto the next step.

hm, i wouldn't be so quick to throw away such a nice theory as what the guys above have. Maybe he WAS a traitor and now he has changed sides again, maybe this is why he didn't get along with his father before, not because the last hokage knew that his son was a traitor but because they held different beliefs. then after his father unexpectedly dies he sees how much he really loved his father and wants to stop helping akatsuki and by doing this he knows they will kill him but he'll ensure the safety of konoha, at least for a while longer?

I'll admit it sounds farfetched..

Tha_bounce
July 25, 2006, 03:00 AM

Well I don't think anyone really thinks or has a plausible theory for Shikamaru being a traitor but for Asuma considering what some have come up with I would say it isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

And to quote DarkManSharingan32 on Asuma being a possible traitor...just replace Asuma with Yamato in the following

Huh? It doesn't matter how deep trust goes... Betrayal is seen best when it is at it's deepest level... as long as Kishi develops a viable way for Yamato's Akatsuki jump... he prior merits really don't apply...

Remus
July 25, 2006, 03:55 AM
Well I dun think Asuma is a traitor. Why would Asuma betray the village he now learned to love like his dad ? A bit of too much conspiracy.
And as the last chapter introduced the nightmare which is coming to Konoha will come within the first pages and then it will switch to others.

Skeith
July 25, 2006, 05:20 AM
i don't think asuma is a traitor either, i think if anything the whole 'you were a great dad' or w/e the heck he says, could be meaning that great age most people go through, that is the rebellious stage
Asuma: leaving konoha behind... doing whatever i felt like while disregarding others... im so sorry...
this could just mean he didn't like the pressure being in the sarutobi clan and the expectations that came with it, he probably went on a partying frenzy, then something happens to make him head back and become the somewhat lazy, yet reliable asuma we know and love... well know somewhat atleast

y'know what.... i think im thinking into this a bit much so.... oh well ssafe to say i want to see the next chapter....

kunai-knight
July 25, 2006, 08:43 AM
Hmm new prediction

Asuma is gonna win the shougi game this time, seeing as he always loses from Shikamaru, and its gonna symbolize something for him.

Or the opposite is likely to happen to. Shikamaru whips his ass again and he's like "no suprises there". Then he reflects on it AND IF he is really a traitor (which i really really doubt) then Asuma would lose to Shikamaru in battle just as he lost in the shougi game.

Lazymonkeygod
July 25, 2006, 10:01 AM
I like the theory, but right now the Akatsuki's don't really need any spy. Only the weak would need to spy on the strong and I'm pretty sure the Akatsuki thinks they are strong already. I think the chess game is going to foreshadow Naruto's journey to become king, and Asuma is going to give his life to save Konoha in the process. Seems like a farewell game.

donkeyhigh
July 25, 2006, 10:21 AM
I don't care about the whole Chess-game-conversation, I didn't quite understand it, or maby we just aren't supossed to understand what he means yet. Anyway, looking at the facts, his dad was the 3rd.
He loved the village for a reason, and I think "The King" represents just that, the reason why the 3rd loved this village so much.
Asuma just figured out what his father ment, after wondering for years about why his father was so devoted he'd easilly give his life to protect the village, he's finally seen the light too, and is now just as devoted as his father was, to protect Konoha.
That's my theory, and as you can see, I'm thinking the exact opposite of Asuma being a traitor, I think he's more devoted to protect the village now, than ever.

Also, I like Lazymonkeygod's theory about the chess game. :)

DarkManSharingan32
July 25, 2006, 11:28 AM
Hmm... I was just thinking in another thread, and I know i said Asuma might be the traitor, but i just had some new thoughts...
Here is the quote:

Shikamaru's comments to Naruto also put me off a bit...
"If anythink Sasuke related happens"

Maybe Shikamaru has aligned himself with the Root organization?
Maybe his shock about Sai had more to do with seeing Sai's new attitude rather that seeing Sai again.

I don't have the ability to do so...
But could someone put up the pictures of Shikamaru, and the Root ANBU that visited Sai in his room?
I think you'll see that their Hairstyle is very similar. Meaning that it is either Shikaku or Shikamaru...

Also, you'll notice that in Ch 284.. Sai retreats upon seeing Shikamaru.

This, along with the current conversation between Asuma and Shikamaru makes me think another thing...
Maybe Asuma KNOWS that Shikamaru is with the ROOT group, and he is just letting him know what Asuma will do in order the protect the "King"

Hmm... Maybe Shikamaru is the traitor afterall...

What do you guys think?
Danzou wasn't worried about Sai, because he wasn't the key to the plans...
But Shikamaru, he certainly is a piece that is worth manipulating, right?

tof
July 25, 2006, 11:49 AM
shikamaru is way too lazy to be involved with root.

DarkManSharingan32
July 25, 2006, 11:51 AM
shikamaru is way too lazy to be involved with root.

That is horribly illogical.
What if his father got him in at a young age?

You might be able to argue that Shikamaru is too lazy... but when it comes to his ninja ablities, and duties... He preforms them, dispite how troublesome they are.

lgstarn
July 25, 2006, 12:13 PM
First of all, the chapter ends with the prediction "The Nightmare Arrives," which I believe signals a dark twist to the manga. Historically Naruto has been a DARK manga, with Kishimoto constantly putting the lives of the characters and even the existence of the entire country at stake (e.g. Zabuza/Haku, Orochimaru/Sasuke, the Hokage, etc). Judging by historical standards, it has been too soft recently and thus I predict a major plot thrust in the next chapter. Kishi's ninja world is one where events with life and death consequences occur constantly. Even though deux ex machinas almost invariably ensure that the characters can live to fight again, most reader's are prone to forgetfulness, and thus the feeling of danger is far more pronounced than in most other titles in the genre. I think this is, after all, what makes Naruto so compelling.

In my opinion, almost everyone here is really just posting about the logical conclusions of the last two chapters without taking into account the overall plot development. In other words, the big picture is being obscured by the recent minor ("local") details. I don't think it is important whether or not Naruto has one or two or three or seventeen different elemental combinations, imho this is all just Otaku fan-boy/girl talk. All that we know is the chakra paper "split" when Naruto used it, and thus his nature is wind (note it didn't split and catch on fire, or split and crumble, etc.). In my opinion, the elemental aspect is just a side-story that adds depth that helps him to develop some new kick-ass technique. This is all very interesting, but in the end it won't matter how many elements or what type of chakra manipulation are used; it is just a tool, nothing more. Stories are not made memorable nor dynamic soled based on tools, they are made by so by the conflicts of humans vs humans, humans vs nature, and most importantly, human vs self.

Therefore, in making my predictions, I prefer to look at the larger picture of the story, stepping outside of the minor obscuring local details. I could be completely wrong with where I see this story heading but I hope it is at least a step back that gets people thinking in a diferent way.

Predictions, Naruto migth go a bit "kyubi crazy" towards the end of the chapter.

This prediction was way back in the beginning of the thread but I agree.

Consider:

1) Yamato is there "just in case" something goes wrong with the Kyuubi. This is an obviously sign that he is going to be used for that purpose. Accomplished authors don't just throw things in for no reason; you can be sure that hanging threads will be tied.
2) The whole cracked chakra-control crystal from Tsunade thing (rocker2's old prediction) was developed but not exploited. I expect to see it happen here.
3) We haven't seen the kyuubi for quite a while and we are kind of idling in the water about what's going on with him (it?), so this would be just enough of a surprise yet a logical development to be interesting.

Up until now, Naruto's character has been too "goody goody," like a virtual saint with the exception of the Kyuubi outbursts. Naruto has told ninetails to go away and never come back, but I can't think that would be the best dramatic use for the Naruto / Kyuubi combination. Naruto's dark-side needs to emerge in order to develop the self vs. self conflict potential of the story, the aspect of the story that is the most interesting in my opinion. We all have unpleasant tendancies lurking inside of us - the "monster" of hatred/rage, greed/lust, and stupidity/selfishness - and Naruto's struggle with this in contrast to Sasuke should be developed further in order to give the story spiritual significance. He needs to master/overcome/understand/integrate this nature in order to accomplish his goals; otherwise he is just a loud-mouthed bratty intellectual lightweight.

With all of that said, I believe that in the next few issues we will see some kyuubi problems/issues. I predict that Naruto makes amazing progress in his training and pushes himself really hard. Eventually, perhaps despite Kakashi's warnings, he pushes himself further and past his limit. Kyuubi starts coming out, and he needs Yamato to restrain him just as he is getting close to perfecting it. I think that somehow something will go wrong (my guess is the cracked chakra crystal interferes/causes a malfunction), and we may even see Naruto end up going on a rampage that results in the death of at least several people perhaps including even Yamato and/or Kakashi. The latter is much less likely considering his popularity, but it certainly would bring the story in an interesting direction; imagine the pain and accompanying character growth of killing his own teacher! Talk about gripping drama! All of you fans hoping for further romantic development (Hinata/Naruto, Sakura/Naruto, etc.), should root for this for obvious reasons as well.

At the same time, I predict that Akatsuki will begin their concerted attack around the same time. This may either be the trigger for the Kyuubi problems or (more likely, I think) their operation will be hampered by it. I predict that after Naruto goes four-tail+ (perhaps five or six), and he destroys a large portion of Konoha. Akatsuki at the same time decides to pull back for the time being, probably due to the efforts of Shikamaru/Asuma. His worst fears realized, Naruto will be in a ton of pain and desparately seek a way to get rid of the Kyuubi. This will open up all sorts of new plot possibilities including, as above, romantic development, intrigue/interactions with Akatsuki, etc.

Also, I predict that the "king" thing is a non-issue in the short-term that really does take time to understand (perhaps only made clear 10-15 episodes down the line).

Well, there is my crackpot theory. Even if you disagree, hope it helps you look at the "big picture."

body flicker
July 25, 2006, 12:34 PM
@ darkmansharigan dont know if you got the picture already but