PDA

View Full Version : Hiatus Burning Hell by Youn In Wan & Yang Kyung Il

Roanapur
July 06, 2008, 05:34 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2vctapz.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/ndm0zb.gif

RTS (http://mangahelpers.com/m/burning-hell)

The Korean writer/artist duo of Youn In-Wan and Yang Kyung-Il have launched a new "extreme battle action" manga called Burning Hell in this year's 29th issue of Shogakukan's Big Comic Spirits magazine on Monday. Burning Hell (top left corner of image to the right) is set in Japan and Korea during the Edo period, a time of great upheaval between the two cultural groups.

The two recently finished their Shin Angyo Onshi (Blade of the Phantom Master) title, which was one of the first Korean works serialized in a Japanese manga magazine (Monthly Sunday GX). ADV Films released the animated movie based on the Blade of the Phantom Master manga in North America. They are also known for a mini-series of one-shot manga called Let's Bible in Square Enix's Young Gangan magazine. Let's Bible re-imagined biblical concepts in a modern light; the story's "Nazareth" is a well-endowed, lost girl looking for the way to heaven.ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-16/phantom-master-duo-launches-burning-hell-manga)

I'm surprised no one's made this thread yet. Scanlations are still a no show, but maybe ETC will take the mantle?

eni
July 06, 2008, 06:16 PM
This is a Manga not a Manhwa since it's debuted in a Japanese magazine - regardless of the nationality of the authors. Corrected the prefix :amuse

And yeah, looks promising :)

Roanapur
July 06, 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm trying to decide who the main character is, judging by that color spread.

One looks like Munsu+Mujang, and the other looks like a black haired Aji Tae.

It looks like another good action series.

TheGenius
July 09, 2008, 09:47 PM
Really looks like Munsu, but I love their art, they are a good team!

Can't wait for someone to pick it up!

It's a seinen???

Tarou
July 09, 2008, 10:15 PM
Forget the manga, what's the name of that woman? :D

eni
July 10, 2008, 01:02 AM
It's a seinen???
Yes, published in a weekly magazine.

Nami
July 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
Wooo! Thanks Roanapur for informing us! I've checked out the 1st chapter in the store and it shows mainly fights. No monsters or beasts so far, although i really hope they appear later aka SAO or Island style. And even in the latest chapter (i think). But anyway. for those who are looking for a temporary distraction while waitng for vagabond, maybe can check out this series. :amuse

TheGenius
August 02, 2008, 03:53 PM
Nami! I've been looking for the scan, could you link me? Or actually anyone??

warbandit66
August 02, 2008, 03:56 PM
Forget the manga, what's the name of that woman? :D

agreed.

ezxx
August 13, 2008, 06:34 PM
if only you'd scan it for us...

thanks for the info anyway

hatsuharupeace
August 13, 2008, 06:38 PM
Colourspread looks good, there's a RAW out there somewhere right??

Alexandrius
January 07, 2009, 10:16 AM
Anyone pick this up yet? Any scanlations for it? :3

hatsuharupeace
January 07, 2009, 10:40 AM
No idea, not even sure if there's a RAW out there anywhere.

yal
February 02, 2009, 05:13 PM
I didn't find anything on Share, maybe there'll be a tanko-scan later.

shadowshark
October 19, 2009, 03:09 PM
[hr]
Hi everybody, I hope you always want to know Burning Hell because I bought the 4 Big Comic Spirits where it was published and I received them yesterday I will published the first chapter in 1-2 weeks (time to scan and do other stuff).

Just for info without spoil it is a seinen, a true seinen with a lot of blood, I hope you will like it.

See ya

Edit :Yeah, I uploaded the 1st chapter if you want, you can download it on mangahelper.

Kaiten
November 02, 2009, 12:27 PM
Chapter 1 (http://mangahelpers.com/s/sugooiscans/details/60882) is out!

Drmke
November 04, 2009, 07:03 PM
Really enjoyed the first chapter. Also, think its cool that its by the same guys who are doing Defense Devil.

Really wondering where this story will go. Probably just a battle with the pirate guy. At first I thought it would be more Battle Royale style fighting with a bunch of criminals fighting for survival. And its apparently really short....some people say 4 chapters or something but myanimelist.com list it as having 5 chapters. Must have an extra in the volume. Shame its so short though.

Kaiten
November 04, 2009, 07:18 PM
I enjoyed it as well. Pretty brutal, the main character is a cannibal. I thought it would be a long battle between him and the deranged doctor. The doctor was nuts, stabbing Juu in the eye before torturing him is completely vile. I did not expect him to be killed so quickly.

Binktopia says there are four chapters. As they probably have the raws in hand I believe them more than MAL.

Tumerking
November 04, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yea, the translation i read had a message on the first page saying it was 4 chapters long. I don't know who translated it, but i read it on onemanga.

At first i thought it was going to be battle royale like aslo. Now that the pirate captain is there i'm picturing an epic battle.

also i don't think Juu is dead. It never showed him dying so it's possible he's still alive.

Kaiten
November 04, 2009, 09:21 PM
He's still alive, he went charging head first at the pirates on the last page.

Tumerking
November 04, 2009, 09:40 PM
Oh sorry, i meant the doctor.

Kaiten
November 04, 2009, 09:43 PM
I'm not so sure about the doctor. Juu was hanging out on that island for a year between there confrontation and the arrival of the pirates. He most likely ate the doctor.

Tumerking
November 04, 2009, 11:04 PM
And he probably kept living by eating those walking corpse things. :P

sapphire-pyro
November 05, 2009, 12:20 AM
I wish the next chapter would show what the hell happened in their battle already.

I don't think the doctor is dead, but it's hard to imagine him working together with the japanese guy either. haha

shadowshark
November 15, 2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah it is me who give the raws to binktopia. And I can assure you that there is only 4 chapters. I bought the 5 issues of Big Comic Spirits where the "5" chapters where suppose to be. But the manga finished in the issue 32. (in the issue 33 no trace of Burning Hell).

The deal I had with binktopia is to release the raws only after they do their release. Like that other people could work on it.

Tumerking
November 21, 2009, 09:20 PM
Just read Chapter 3. Looks like theres going to be more than 4 chapters. At the end of the chapter it said "Next time the climax of the first phase". So it's going to pull a Gantz and name its arcs phases I guess.

~†Ale†~
November 28, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm translating this Manga in Italian and I must say that it is wonderful!!!
Too bad it lasts only 4 chapters...
[hr]
Does someone know when chapter 4 will be out?

ameya730
December 06, 2009, 07:54 PM
chapter 4 is out download it from the download manga section

this one is kinda disappointing in the sense it is not a spectacular finish or a awesome cliffhanger hopefully we would have a 2nd phase as mentioned in the manga soon

Drmke
December 06, 2009, 08:41 PM
Maybe the second phase will come after the authors finish Defense Devil...hopefully not. Maybe they could switch back and forth between the two series.

ameya730
December 06, 2009, 09:48 PM
Maybe the second phase will come after the authors finish Defense Devil...hopefully not. Maybe they could switch back and forth between the two series.

is this 2nd phase concept something unique to only this series or have other manga done followed this in the past

Drmke
December 06, 2009, 10:10 PM
is this 2nd phase concept something unique to only this series or have other manga done followed this in the past

Its nothing new. It's just like another story arc basically. Like Naruto's part 2 or Gantz's many phases.

maxikki
December 07, 2009, 06:44 PM
on manga updates it says that its still going, i hope that the manga is not over since the art and story seems to be pretty good.

Googlez_kun
December 07, 2009, 07:01 PM
the manga is quite nice,but it seems as if it would go on some kind of "hiatus" now

anyway,i'm looking forward to the next chapter!

~†Ale†~
December 08, 2009, 04:07 AM
But the Manga continues or not?
I knew it was a One-Shot.

shadowshark
December 09, 2009, 03:47 PM
I think Burning Hell is on hiatus

For exemple they did the One Shot Let's Bible in 2005 before the serie of 4 chapters in 2008 at the same time of Burning Hell.

But in both case the serie didn't work well in Japan, that's why Let's Bible was put on Hiatus and I think it is the same for Burning Hell.

Defense Devil work well in Japan so in my opinion we will not see Burning Hell until the end of it. And in this case, they could continu Let's Bible more than Burning Hell.

For the info in mangaupdate, before the release of the raw and the trad, mangaupdate says that Burning Hell was finished with 5 chapters, that's why I bough the 5 magazines where it was supposed to be, but there was only 4 chapters... So I am not very sure that these informations for the "On going" are relevant.

eni
December 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
Mangaupdates is, like wikipedia, a database where users edit the information.

While the information on series is accurate in most cases (because only those who know something tend to edit), there's also information edited by people based on rumors. So always take it with a grain of salt and if you see 'confirmed' wrong information just go and correct it :)

Drmke
December 10, 2009, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure its on hiatus seeing as how at the end of chapter 4 it said something phase 2. More than likely they are just working on Defense Devil for now and will get back to it later hopefully.

shadowshark
December 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
I will hope an another phase for this manga but the authors had always manga/manhwa not finished for exemple "Island" and even in the end of "Island" the authors says that they will finished it later... It was lot of years ago XD.

But I hope I am wrong and that we could see lots of volumes of Burning Hell.
In any case I will always be on guard for informations :D and also magazines to bought