PDA

View Full Version : Adamant Dragon's 408 Review

The Adamant Dragon
July 11, 2008, 05:06 AM
Well, this is my first Review thread, This Chapter is one of the most entertening I've read in a long time from Kishi... So I felt like I could Drop some thoughts about it. So I'll do me XD and give you my opinion. Please read the whole post Before replying, Enjoy...

Thanks to sleepyfans for the scanlation.

Naruto Chapter 408
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4994/capture09qo6.jpg
Can he get any cooler than that ?

It seems that Every covers that features Sasuke are Always refined and bring the best of his art, though Kshi keep providing us with good drawn looking covers lately... I Like the qualification he gave him too '' the solitary genius '' -- it fits him really well. Anyway, this is one the many good things I enjoyed About this chapter.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1922/capture01sb5.jpg
Sasuke's Lie detector test.

The chapter's first panel started with suigetsu attacking a Nin from the land of thunder, reminding us of his unique ability. It seems that after a long strong struggle to beat the answer out of the nin, suigetsu's efforts were fulled with emptiness. Then As expected Sasuke joins in shouting an awsom sentence and showcasing his new found eyes. It would seem that each of the eyes have a different power. ( With one of his eyes, Itachi could take one to another dimension and torture him. And with the other he could perform Ameratsu ). Plus, all the sharigan we've seen so far have had different traits when they attein MS.

This is a cool thing... That way we wont have see the same eye techniques Over and Over from each Sharigan Users. And maybe tsukuyami was a technique only Itachi could use. If each Sharigan users can unlock a different MS Then the diversity of this dojutsu is quite endless. If the 8 tails forces him to take the best of himself, then we might see the strengh of his Left eye. What a frightning power...

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2808/capture03se0.jpg
Takka's thoughts on Sasuke.

After witnessing Sasuke's new eye powers, they each gave their feeling about it. It goes to fear, love and relaxation. This little panel showed and reminded us of each members motives for being in Takka. Karin reasons Of being in takka is writen all over her hugly haircut. Sasuke's MS reminded to Juugo that he's the only one who can keep his urges to kill at bay... more than anyone in Takka he seems like a nice guy, forever calm and good to be arround with... Unless you shout a Bird! I'd like to see how that plays out for him in the end, and maybe we'll see his full strengh soon.

The Only reason sasuke is still in charge is because suigetsu is feeling a little timid arround the sharigan ( Like everyone in the NarutoUniverse ). Him saying '' He'll be even more of pain now. '' Imply somewhat that he plans to get rid of Sasuke at some point. His motives aside gadering the 7 swords is still to be revealed. I've been having suspicions about the guy since the time he sent the prisonners they freed from Orochimaru's hide-out to spread rumors about sasuke. He's an interesting figure that merit caracter-development. He's the only one in Takka who seems to have a mind of his own and don't follow Sasuke blindly.

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8123/capture02we3.jpg
Follow My Lead.

This panel for me was Epic. Damn they grow up so fast... who Would've thought that one day Sasuke would join Akatsuki and actually start collecting Bijuu. Yes, he might have accepted to merge Hawk with Akatsuki to get an easier revenge ( easily get rid of the elders ). But there's something more to it. I Beleive he might want to slay Madara at some point after he gets his way with the Elders... think about it, he couldn't forgive his own brother for killing the clan and his familly, and he's blindly beleiving all Madara says and do all he wants like a mere puppet? The man who helped his brother kill his mother and father ? No, I don't think so. Sasuke is smart. he'll just wait for the right opportunity to get rid of Tobi, like what he did to Oro. Each of these people: Danzou, Zetsu, Madara and suigetsu are going to display their true personalities and motives soon... And I can't wait for it !!

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3672/capture04yp2.jpg
His resolve: "Now... to AVENGE my Master"

Now the scene swiches to konoha. This is one of the most enteresting part of the manga for me. After I came to this panel, I forgot everything that happened beforhand. Its just like him to get heated so fast. His determination, his will of fire is just what makes him Naruto. When serious and Calm, Naruto can be fearsom and make people arround feel his resolve. He's not the type to sit arround and wait for answers... He's gonna take it himself, and beat it out of you if needs be. He'll be an intersting Hokage. He's kind, hllarious, and kinda stupid sometimes but he knows when things get serious and thus be authoritarian. Even if haven't had many caracter development lately... I Like the way his caracter is build up. Let's see how the future plays out for him...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6724/capture05pm0.jpg
Fukasaku's Proposal

This is what the chapter's all about, aint it ? Finally Naruto's gonna finaly get some good training and hopefully increase his taijutsu skills. I Gotta say, I was Kinda desappointed of J-man's two and a half year training. I Exected so much and received so much less... So I won't get my hopes too high for this one. Its to soon to speculate, Let's just wait and see mates...

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3286/capture10tw9.jpg
Come out, come out were ever you are...

Finally, look who Finaly shows his tail XD... yeah, like many people said, the only black guy of the manga and you gotta kill him? what's wrong with you Kshi? XD . the eight tail bijuu huh... he looks badass. His tailed beast isn't clear yet. It might be a bull or an Octopus. I look forward for his fighting abilities. though I Hope this wont be a one minute fight. he gotta bring the best out of each Takka members.

Ranking: 5/5

The story was well told. the Art pretty good. And plus it gave us many hints of where the manga is heading. Well that's about it... Thanks for reading. Until next week.

~Adamant~

juUnior
July 13, 2008, 05:02 AM
This Chapter is one of the most entertening I've read in a long time from Kishi...
For me not in a 'long time', but I agree - entertaining for sure xD

I Like the qualification he gave him too '' the solitary genius '' -- it fits him really well.
Yeah, agreed. It's sad those comments by Kishi are not in the volumes : ( I also want to add, that on this cover of Saske <first after Itachi fight and story by Madara> facial expression of Saske is even MORE sad than it was on previous ones.. yeah, it clearly shows what he lately went through <shock! :x>

It would seem that each of the eyes have a different power. ( With one of his eyes, Itachi could take one to another dimension and torture him. And with the other he could perform Tsukuyami ). Plus, all the sharigan we've seen so far have had different traits when they attein MS.
It looks that way, and of course I'm with that, but we for now, it's not 100% sure, especially Kishi didn's shown to us, that Saske actually used something ala Tsukuyomi, tortured that man in his dimension, and because of that man was talking <remember, that Itachi could do it in an instant in "real life time" - but in his dimension it could be hohoho xD>

This is a cool thing... That way we wont have see the same eye techniques Over and Over from each Sharigan Users.
Yes, and I'm quite sure Kishi will do it that way. Otherwise, we will see just a "little" copy of Itachi :x The one thing is for sure: one eye should have the strongest genjutsu, one the strongest ninjutsu, and some thing ala Susanoo.

His motives aside gadering the 7 swords is still to be revealed. I've been having suspicions about the guy since the time he sent the prisonners they freed from Orochimaru's hide-out to spread rumors about sasuke. He's an interesting figure that merit caracter-development. He's the only one in Takka who seems to have a mind of his own and don't follow Sasuke blindly.
For me, it's just that type of a man - his walks his own way, he talks what he wants, but he knows, if something is the pain in the ass <ala sharingan>. I wouldn't see him going against Saske just because of that or any other reason - he would just said cool thing like: I won't need you anymore - and went off. But it's my, of course, personal point of view of his character.

But there's something more to it. I Beleive he might want to slay Madara at some point after he gets his way with the Elders... think about it, he couldn't forgive his own brother for killing the clan and his familly, and he's blindly beleiving all Madara says and do all he wants like a mere puppet? The man who helped his brother kill his mother and father ? No, I don't think so. Sasuke is smart. he'll just wait for the right opportunity to get rid of Tobi, like what he did to Oro.
Of course - I don't see Saske any other way <I'm rather on that his just "testing" Madara and all - I think he respect him MUCH MORE than he did Oro + he knew of Oro, so he knew whats he capable of; right now he doesn't know too much on Madara, and what he saw till now is just a peak of Madara'a power..>

His resolve: "Now... to AVENGE my Master"

Actually I like it very much - sooner or later he will tell Sasuke <maybe in their epic fight> that he also knows what it means to having revenge on someone xD Cool xD

I Hope this wont be a one minute fight. he gotta bring the best out of each Takka members.
Yeah. Because if not, Kishi will fail the aspect of that jinchuuriki - I don't want to see: Sasuke activates MS and K.O. :x

All in all, quite good review in my opinion. Of course agreed on that art was cool in this chapter ^^

Necm
July 13, 2008, 05:16 AM
Great review! One of the best I've read lately actually. Good job.

You had some interesting points, the first one I'd like to start out with is your thoughts around Suigetsu. That's something that I haven't really thought about for a while, and which I've totally forgotten about. What is his motive? Now that Taka is part of Akatsuki it'll be kind of hard for him to get Kisame's sword, as that would be betrayal to Akatsuki which would lead to Taka's death. What he decides to do is something I'm really looking forward to. Unfortunately I do not think that he'll be able to get rid of Sasuke, but his plans may involve the attempt on getting rid of him. Suigetsu is someone I really don't know where to put. He's not really a villain, he's just tagging a long for two purposes: 1. to have fun, 2. for Samehada. Now that getting Samehada will prove to be nearly impossible since Taka is a part of Akatsuki, what's his reason to stay? Suigetsu is someone I see as a wild card, someone that can easily switch sides. Wouldn't it be interesting if he joined forces with Konoha? That way he could easily tag along on Akatsuki hunting and fight Kisame in the process. If the old theories about Suigetsu being Sai's brother are true, then this is has a big possibility of happening.

As for Sasuke's plans, I really don't know. He claims to be after Konoha's top brass, but how on earth he is willing to join forces with and actually help Akatsuki I don't know. Either he's become incredibly stupid, or he has a clever plan. If his plan indeed is to get rid of Madara as well as his foolish desire to kill the elders, then it's a very risky one. If he succeeds in getting the 8 tails and Akatsuki get the 9 tails as well, it can prove to be catastrophic. As for Akatsuki, Madara and Pain's, those are a big mystery. First Pain told Hidan about their goals, then later on he told Jiraiya about their "real" goals which weren't the same goals as the goals he explained to Hidan. At the point where Pain tells Jiraiya about their goals, we already know that Madara is the actual leader, and so we don't know if what Pain says is true. So far we have 2 different explanations of Akatsuki's goals, but we have still to learn about Madara's goals. Since he's the leader his goals can't possibly be to let Pain device a technique that will use the tailed beasts to wipe out entire countries in mere seconds, that's to much power handed away. So it's still a mystery. Why Pain takes orders from Madara is also a mystery. Is Madara really the strongest? If Kishi introduced a final and third doujutsu that is supposed to surpass the Sharingan and Byakugan by far, how is it that Pain is taking orders from an old relic that can trip over and die any minute? Perhaps Madara is playing a part of Pain's plan that is going just like planned, and being used like a puppet just like the six bodies he is using? Does Madara even know that the real Pain isn't the Pain he usually talks to? Is Madara really aware of Pain's true powers? These are some mysteries I just can't wait to learn the answer to.

As for the 8 tails, it would be really cool if he and Naruto joined forces. The fact that he's getting such an introduction can mean that he's here to stay for a while. I wonder how Taka will far against him, he sure looks like he knows what he's doing. And the fact that he has a sword for each tail can mean that he has great control over his bijuu.

Once again great review! Please keep them up! Your thoughts are really interesting to read.

lordHokage
July 15, 2008, 08:42 AM
His determination, his will of fire is just what makes him Naruto. When serious and Calm, Naruto can be fearsom and make people arround feel his resolve. He's not the type to sit arround and wait for answers... He's gonna take it himself, and beat it out of you if needs be. He'll be an intersting Hokage. He's kind, hllarious, and kinda stupid sometimes but he knows when things get serious and thus be authoritarian. Even if haven't had many caracter development lately... I Like the way his caracter is build up. Let's see how the future plays out for him.

Great job on review and please continue. I agree with you on Naruto's personality and I am looking forward in seeing how Kishimoto-sama will continue to develop his main character for the greater good. Naruto would be an interesting Hokage, maybe like his father. :D

The Adamant Dragon
July 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah, agreed. It's sad those comments by Kishi are not in the volumes : ( I also want to add, that on this cover of Saske <first after Itachi fight and story by Madara> facial expression of Saske is even MORE sad than it was on previous ones.. yeah, it clearly shows what he lately went through <shock! :x>

Somehow I think that sasuke's sadness is good for his Evolution as a caracter... 'cause he beleive that its that Pain and hatred makes people Stronger, he must be sad for sure... ( What makes him even sader is that he discovered that the man he tracked and lived to hate wasn't so bad after all, 'cause he was just following orders from the Elders and did what he thought was the best thing to do for his village ) And that's the main diffence between him and Naruto... 'cause Naruto strongly beleive that the wish to protect the one close to you that makes you stronger, thus explaining why he wants to become hokage.

But we'll see which of the two protagonists argumants was right in their next fight. We'll see who's evolution was stronger...

It looks that way, and of course I'm with that, but we for now, it's not 100% sure, especially Kishi didn's shown to us, that Saske actually used something ala Tsukuyomi, tortured that man in his dimension, and because of that man was talking <remember, that Itachi could do it in an instant in "real life time" - but in his dimension it could be hohoho xD>

Yeah, it would be awsom if he could display a new power of the sharigan. Even if he can Use Tsukuyami, I Hope he can't use Ameratsu... 'Cause for me, when I think "Itachi", its the first word that comes to my mind.

For me, it's just that type of a man - his walks his own way, he talks what he wants, but he knows, if something is the pain in the ass <ala sharingan>. I wouldn't see him going against Saske just because of that or any other reason - he would just said cool thing like: I won't need you anymore - and went off. But it's my, of course, personal point of view of his character.

Yep opinion on him away, the main point of his caracter, is that he's a solitary ninja who don't follow any rules and walks on his own. And surely if it wasn't the fact that he needed sasuke to get one of the quest of his life the "samehada sword", he wouldn't be under him for any other reasons, as he obviously don't like to be given orders.

The Only one who's loyal to sasuke to the bone is Juugo, If karin do not die in this Fight he's the one wo'll die trying to protect sasuke...

Of course - I don't see Saske any other way <I'm rather on that his just "testing" Madara and all - I think he respect him MUCH MORE than he did Oro + he knew of Oro, so he knew whats he capable of; right now he doesn't know too much on Madara, and what he saw till now is just a peak of Madara'a power..>

Yeah, there's more to this alliance we don't know yet. We'll see how that plays out, I'm sure kishi has more in store for us.

Yeah. Because if not, Kishi will fail the aspect of that jinchuuriki - I don't want to see: Sasuke activates MS and K.O. :x
It would appear that the 8 tails is blind --- as suggest the recent spoilers--- And there's hint to that in this chapter, 'cause he doesn't withstand daylight ( it would fit if his tailed beast is a squid ) that way we might have a fare fight somehow...

All in all, quite good review in my opinion. Of course agreed on that art was cool in this chapter ^^
Thanks juUnior, I really appreciate it.
[hr]

Great review! One of the best I've read lately actually. Good job.

Necm, Really, thx... I Really started to lose faith on my reviewer skills. Glad you like my thouts on the chapter.

You had some interesting points, the first one I'd like to start out with is your thoughts around Suigetsu. That's something that I haven't really thought about for a while, and which I've totally forgotten about. What is his motive? Now that Taka is part of Akatsuki it'll be kind of hard for him to get Kisame's sword, as that would be betrayal to Akatsuki which would lead to Taka's death. What he decides to do is something I'm really looking forward to. Unfortunately I do not think that he'll be able to get rid of Sasuke, but his plans may involve the attempt on getting rid of him. Suigetsu is someone I really don't know where to put. He's not really a villain, he's just tagging a long for two purposes: 1. to have fun, 2. for Samehada. Now that getting Samehada will prove to be nearly impossible since Taka is a part of Akatsuki, what's his reason to stay? Suigetsu is someone I see as a wild card, someone that can easily switch sides. Wouldn't it be interesting if he joined forces with Konoha? That way he could easily tag along on Akatsuki hunting and fight Kisame in the process. If the old theories about Suigetsu being Sai's brother are true, then this is has a big possibility of happening.

And what is sure is that Takka will betray Akatsuki at some point, Madara ain't stupid neither, He knows that sasuke wants to Turn his back on him ( when sasuke said to suigetsu that he wasn't allowed to kill Kisame yet -- Madara told him that if they tried to betray Akatsuki he'll make sure they all die -- ), I Wonder how he plans to deal with that and completly tame Takka -- though we know that won't happen -- I Beleive at some point, Suigetsu will feel that Akatsuki's ambitions are too dangerous for him... So he might kill Kisame or he'll get the samehada after kisame is killed at some point in the manga and leave without telling anyone, just to avoid confrontation so he can continue his quest to collect and assemble all 7 swords.

If Takka-team gets Annihilated It'll be because of him, he's obsesseb with those swords... I don't think he'll resist to the temptation for long.

As for Sasuke's plans, I really don't know. He claims to be after Konoha's top brass, but how on earth he is willing to join forces with and actually help Akatsuki I don't know. Either he's become incredibly stupid, or he has a clever plan. If his plan indeed is to get rid of Madara as well as his foolish desire to kill the elders, then it's a very risky one. If he succeeds in getting the 8 tails and Akatsuki get the 9 tails as well, it can prove to be catastrophic. As for Akatsuki, Madara and Pain's, those are a big mystery. First Pain told Hidan about their goals, then later on he told Jiraiya about their "real" goals which weren't the same goals as the goals he explained to Hidan. At the point where Pain tells Jiraiya about their goals, we already know that Madara is the actual leader, and so we don't know if what Pain says is true. So far we have 2 different explanations of Akatsuki's goals, but we have still to learn about Madara's goals. Since he's the leader his goals can't possibly be to let Pain device a technique that will use the tailed beasts to wipe out entire countries in mere seconds, that's to much power handed away. So it's still a mystery. Why Pain takes orders from Madara is also a mystery. Is Madara really the strongest? If Kishi introduced a final and third doujutsu that is supposed to surpass the Sharingan and Byakugan by far, how is it that Pain is taking orders from an old relic that can trip over and die any minute? Perhaps Madara is playing a part of Pain's plan that is going just like planned, and being used like a puppet just like the six bodies he is using? Does Madara even know that the real Pain isn't the Pain he usually talks to? Is Madara really aware of Pain's true powers? These are some mysteries I just can't wait to learn the answer to.

Since kishi likes to portray Sasuke as a genius, I think he might have a brillant plan. Or since he's an opportunist, he'll wait to find the right moment to strike at Madara -- just like he did to Oro -- After Madara is weakened after a battle or something. For now, Sasuke isn't in Madara's league, he can't hope to beat him one on one, so he might just be studying the guy for now to find some weak points.

This is what I think About Pain and Madara, its clear that those two's goals dont go along. They obviously don't like each other. Since Itachi said that its Madara who created Akatsuki, its possible that when Madara heard about Pain, when he defeated the previous Rain-Kage, he then asked him to join Akatsuki -- Or the opposite, Pain just decided to join in 'cause he knew what he could do with the statue's power -- They all agreed on what the Organization's goal was... And since Madara is not stupid he decided to watch the Group he created from the outside 'cause in case something went wrong, "the Leader" ( Pein ) would be targeted and not him -- Fitting, plus since he Dosn't want people to know of his existance ( that he's Madara and he's still Alive ) that was the best thing to do and he had Zetsu to feed him on the group's infos-- So anything the Organization would do would not Backfire at him. And that's why I Beleive Madara joined Akatsuki in the very hand, after the 3 and a half year as *Tobi* -- when Sasori died -- when they had half the Bijuu they needed... Because he knew then that his plans would come to fruition.

But I Think Pain will be the last one standing, Because madara surely don't know about his Ideals. He'll try to get rid of Madara when the time comes.... And of course those are just my humble opinion about the two leader's allieds

@ Lord Hokage

I'll see if I can keep this up, after 2 weeks, since its summer and all... I'll drop my thoughts on chapters as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks for the replys people, keep the discussion! :dance