PDA

View Full Version : Good vs Bad

JC123
July 12, 2008, 08:13 AM
This topic came up while in discussion on the new chapter. Basically, we saw the difference between Good Pirates and Bad ones as well as Good Marines against the orders of Marines that abuse power.

Just trying to get other people's thoughts on what they see from the One Piece World.

hot_chips
July 12, 2008, 08:23 AM
There aren't good pirates, but pirates that just help out their friends IMO.
But it's all opinion.
Like there aren't really any good Marines, they do what is right kind of like Smoker.

JC123
July 13, 2008, 02:43 AM
Rather than say the same thing over and over, I'll rewrite what I said:

What's assumed for Pirates, is also assumed for Marines. Smoker isn't an "Evil" person just because he believes in "Moral Justice"

When I brought up the thing about Justice, what seems to be implied about the forms of Justice is it is shaped by a person's temperament. Akainu truly believes in Absolute Justice (note: By any Means Necessary) while Aokiji believes in Lazy Justice (Do what is right depending on your situation and how you feel.)

Were the Marines wrong in taking out the scholars? I can't say... We saw what happened and how the world reacted. SOMETHING happened 800 years ago that made this necessary. That's why piracy and the WG are the way they are.

Marines follow orders. That's true. However, Marines are also people who believe in different things to survive. My argument is that not all Marines are so "evil" or bad that they can't have a heart at times.

Akainu
July 13, 2008, 04:57 AM
just like the world we live in, OP is a world of grey shades.
imo it always depends on the point of view how dark the grey is though.

ZeroChrome
July 14, 2008, 06:20 AM
Marines follow orders. That's true. However, Marines are also people who believe in different things to survive. My argument is that not all Marines are so "evil" or bad that they can't have a heart at times.

Yep. They certainly follow their given orders. But as for Smoker, at Alabasta he certainly did receive an order to capture SHs, but then he probably realized the situation at hand with the coup 'de etat and Vivi the country's princess is on the pirates' side. so he lets Luffy go to observe what will happen next.

Well, what I meant was, the Marines have their own sense of justice, other than their Organization's. They should decide whatever they think is right. Of course, disobeying their higher-ups can also means hell for them :XD

But we also have a greedy Marine, helping pirates for profits. For example Captain Mezumi (IIRC) from the Nami's hometown.

And as for GoodvsBad pirates, IDK but I think the only good pirate is just the SHs since they're just sailing looking for adventure rather than causing problems here and there.

MonkeyD.ODZ
July 14, 2008, 06:57 AM
I think one of many reasons many idiots dont like OP because they think too much about good and bad in OP :D We love OP and we care about the way they travel and act. I cant remember how many people die under SH (although they're pirates ) 1 or 2 or no one:D they still defeat other pirates or marines but didnt kill them.I think that's good