Stephanie Sheh as Orihime Inoue
Kate Higgins as Karin Kurosaki
Michelle Ruff as Yuzu Kurosaki
Patrick Seitz as Isshin Kurosaki
Wendee Lee as Tatsuki Arisawa

source from animenewsnetwork.com

Makiyura
July 25, 2006, 09:37 PM
i dunno about these voice actors, i hear that Johnny Y. Bosch did the Power Rangers voices ( when they transform) back in the day, but the others im not so sure about!

ryderdm3
July 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
Johnny Bosch did an absolute horrid job on Eureka 7, so don't expect much from him in bleach. I don't mean to sound anti-dub, but they'll never be able to pull off this show in English. Some shows you can do it farily well, but this show has a lot of unique and outrageous voices that the English VAs won't be able to reproduce.

Dragonzair
July 26, 2006, 03:55 AM
Johnny did good as Vash, from what I heard. XD

I'm just worried he'll use his soft voice from his Power Ranger days. @_ATMA, he played as the Black Ranger. Not jsut the voice.

I heard that the Hellsing dub was exceptionally good (from where Patrick was) so I'm expecting something good out of Isshin. XD

Derek Stephen, I'm sure will do a good job. :spaz He did perfect as Ken in Digi 02. I heard good stuff about the others as well, so I'll just wait. XD The only thing which weirded me was the casting of Kate Higgins as Karin since I think she's more suited for Yuzu.

But the part exciting me is the casting of Wendee Lee, since I'm a fan. XD UHWAH XD I wish they'd give her another role in the SS arc...preferably Yachiru. <3

_ATMA
July 26, 2006, 03:54 PM
But the part exciting me is the casting of Wendee Lee, since I'm a fan. XD UHWAH XD I wish they'd give her another role in the SS arc...preferably Yachiru. <3

yea i was looking through her profile on ANN and she has done a TON of shit really suprised the hell out of me o-o sounds like shes a weathered voice actress

Jammin
July 26, 2006, 08:34 PM
Nice, looks like Bleach is getting a great dub.:smile-big

Here's where I recognize them from. They've all done alot of stuff.

*Wendee Lee was Faye Valintine on "Cowboy Bebop" and Mitsuki Rara from "Dual! Parellel Trouble Adventures"
*Kate Higgins is Sakura Haruno in the English dub of "Naruto" and Zeferis in "Scrapped Princess"
*Stephanie Sheh is Eureka on "Eureka 7"
*Derek Stephen Prince is Shino Aburame on the english dub of "Naruto". Don't let this worry you he's done good stuff too, I checked.
*Johnny Yong Bosch is Renton Thurston on "Eureka 7" and Claus Valca on "Last Exile"
*Michelle Ruff was Tatiana on "Last Exile" and Ayasa Terada on "Scryed"
*Patrick Seitz .....Never heard of him

For the full list I suggest you type the name of the actor/actress into www.IMDB.com, you can get a pretty much full employment history there. Very useful when finding out if a series has good voice acting or not.

All this just reminds me how much I hate the Naruto dub. Why in god's name would they not put a japenese voice option in the english Naruto games. :crying

_ATMA
July 28, 2006, 07:35 AM
All this just reminds me how much I hate the Naruto dub. Why in god's name would they not put a japenese voice option in the english Naruto games. :crying

lol just go buy the imported vr ;p u will get the japanese voices lol

Jammin
July 28, 2006, 08:25 AM
:offtopic Then wouldn't I have to get a mod chip or some other gizmo+the game? Making the whole thing both annoying and expensive. Although that is preferable to hearing the phrase "believe it" even once.

genkizen
July 28, 2006, 10:24 AM
Now that I know Johnny Yong Bosch actually played the black ranger, I won't be able to look at Ichigo straight in the dubbed versions :s

Dragonzair
July 28, 2006, 11:25 AM
rofl. XD

But he was good as Vash...(from what I heard at least).

NeoShweaty
July 28, 2006, 11:35 AM
He was good as Vash. I saw the majority of the series dubbed. I like his voice. The fact that he was the black ranger makes me more excited for the bleach dub. (i am a huge power rangers (at least the old ones) and sentai fan, so...)

Arukan
July 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
Well Michelle Ruff did the english voices of Chii and Freya so that probably won't be so bad as Rukia, but definitely not as good as the Rukia's japanese seiyuu.
Johnny Yong Bosch voiced Kaneda and Vash the stampede, i see no problem with Ichigo's voice with him doing the role, persnally.
Stephanie Sheh does the voice of Eureka, Hinata, and Mamimi, if she can pull off those three different voices she can probably do a good Orihime.
Derek Stephen Prince has donesome of my favorite male characters: Suguru, Keitaro, and Kikaider 0-1, so I think he deserves the beenfit of the doubt of Ishida.

Overall I have faith that they can pull off the Bleach cast without murdering it.

Nibi Nekomata
July 28, 2006, 01:23 PM
Johnny Bosch did an absolute horrid job on Eureka 7, so don't expect much from him in bleach. I don't mean to sound anti-dub, but they'll never be able to pull off this show in English. Some shows you can do it farily well, but this show has a lot of unique and outrageous voices that the English VAs won't be able to reproduce.

Dude, reproducing the sound of the Japanese seiyuu is not the POINT of dubbing. Japanese and English are two very different languages, so when you cast VAs for a dub you go off the personality of the character, not the sound of the seiyuu.

Case in point: Noriaki Sugiyama and Yuri Lowenthal. Both do fantastic jobs as Sasuke, in Japanese and English; however, Yuri Lowenthal wouldn't make a good choice for Ishida's VA in the dub, even though Noriaki Sugiyama makes Sasuke and Ishida's voice virtually identical. Why? Because of the languages themselves. Two characters that can share the same voice range in Japanese shouldn't necessarily share the same voice range in English. Therefore, if the casting had looked like it was trying to reflect the sound of the seiyuu rather than the personality of the character, I would be a lot more concerned.

Overall, however, I think the Bleach dub will be good. Naruto turned out surprisingly well, and that was only for Toonami. On Adult Swim they'll have a lot more wiggle room, so that will certainly help out the VAs. Bosch will be alright as long as he can sound angry enough for Ichigo. He's done some great work (don't count Eureka 7, as that seems to be the casting director's fault for giving him such a young part to play) and he's shown he can play the serious cards remarkably well with Kiba in Wolf's Rain. It's all just a matter of getting the constantly irritated tone Ichigo always seems to have. All the other VAs look great to me, with the exception of Derek Stephen Prince, but that's only because I haven't seen a lot of his work. His portrayal of Shino was head-on, but I just hope he has the range required to pull off Ishida. Going off the other casting decisions, I'm sure the casting director knew what they were doing, so he should be fine too.

I'm excited for the Bleach dub! That means we finally get domestic merchandise! Whee! ^^

Arukan
July 28, 2006, 04:11 PM
Nibi I have to agree with the line about merch, because I am an ultimate consumer whore. xD

Ashe
July 28, 2006, 06:17 PM
I'm very curious to see how this turns out. JYB was okay as Vash, but didn't knock my socks off. Hopefully I'll be more impressed with his Ichigo.

In general, it looks like they have good actors on board, but their casting seems way off to me. Michelle Ruff and Stephanie Sheh look like they got totally swapped from the way they're usually type cast. If I had my way I'd switch them back, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I know Seitz- his most notable credits are Luke Valentine from Hellsing, Neidhart from Romancing Saga, and Koshiro from Sister Fu.. I mean, Koi Kaze. Honestly, I think he is a great choice for Isshin.

_ATMA
July 29, 2006, 09:24 AM
haha sorry people i just noticed the subject and fixed it XD i havnt slept in 2 days so im a little dreary >.>

ryderdm3
August 02, 2006, 11:56 AM
Dude, reproducing the sound of the Japanese seiyuu is not the POINT of dubbing. Japanese and English are two very different languages, so when you cast VAs for a dub you go off the personality of the character, not the sound of the seiyuu.

Case in point: Noriaki Sugiyama and Yuri Lowenthal. Both do fantastic jobs as Sasuke, in Japanese and English; however, Yuri Lowenthal wouldn't make a good choice for Ishida's VA in the dub, even though Noriaki Sugiyama makes Sasuke and Ishida's voice virtually identical. Why? Because of the languages themselves. Two characters that can share the same voice range in Japanese shouldn't necessarily share the same voice range in English. Therefore, if the casting had looked like it was trying to reflect the sound of the seiyuu rather than the personality of the character, I would be a lot more concerned.

Overall, however, I think the Bleach dub will be good. Naruto turned out surprisingly well, and that was only for Toonami. On Adult Swim they'll have a lot more wiggle room, so that will certainly help out the VAs. Bosch will be alright as long as he can sound angry enough for Ichigo. He's done some great work (don't count Eureka 7, as that seems to be the casting director's fault for giving him such a young part to play) and he's shown he can play the serious cards remarkably well with Kiba in Wolf's Rain. It's all just a matter of getting the constantly irritated tone Ichigo always seems to have. All the other VAs look great to me, with the exception of Derek Stephen Prince, but that's only because I haven't seen a lot of his work. His portrayal of Shino was head-on, but I just hope he has the range required to pull off Ishida. Going off the other casting decisions, I'm sure the casting director knew what they were doing, so he should be fine too.

I'm excited for the Bleach dub! That means we finally get domestic merchandise! Whee! ^^

Of course but they need to capture their tone of voice because that's what makes the character. It's something some dubs have trouble doing and it's annoying. In Naruto they weren't able to capture Kakashi's laziness even 10% as good as the original. Instead of making characters sound unique like they were in Japanese, they tend to end up sounding boring. If Naruto wasn't so horrible then I wouldn't doubt Bleach so much, but Naruto ended up much worse than I could ever imagine.

Arukan
August 02, 2006, 06:54 PM
Naruto displeased me a good bit, especially Sakura and Kakashi's voice. they really weren't on point at all. However there were places they did a good job, I thought they captured Hinata's voice pretty well.

Jammin
August 02, 2006, 08:09 PM
I agree that what is most important in a dubbing is not copying the Japanese voice actors but the essence of the characters.

Most of the dub voices in Naruto aren't that bad. I think Kakashi got a pretty good voice over(the lazyness thing is a voice direction problem). The real damage that they did to the Naruto anime came from the bad script editing and translations like translating "dattebayo" to "Believe it", "Garra of the Sand" to "Sand Garra", and and everything else they gayed up. The terrible pronunciation of words like "jutsu" and "Naruto" are also inexcusable. A voice director should know better than to allow crap like that. :mad

I really don't think things like that will be a problem with Bleach, because VIZ and Adultswim seem to have pretty high standards for voicework and they tend not to edit the scripts more than is absolutely necessary. Unlike the accursed Funimation and Toonami combo. If I had one wish it would be that Geneon and Adultswim got Naruto instead of the evil ones mentioned above.

The two hardest and most important dubs in Bleach I think are going to be Ichigo(Johnny Yong Bosch) and Rukia(Michelle Ruff), because of all the yelling they both do and Rukia's two different speech paterns. Their voice actors are top notch though, so at this point I'm very optimistic. :smile-big

foobu78
August 02, 2006, 10:04 PM
Is this appearing on Toonami or adult swim?

NeoShweaty
August 02, 2006, 10:15 PM
adult swim, as mentioned in the post directly above yours.

graphic_content
August 03, 2006, 12:26 AM
lets face it, VAs have it hard from the very start - everyone is practically expecting it (or any other dub for that matter) to fail...and thats a hard expectation to shatter - for anyone.

i agree with 'Jammin' that getting these voices right is really gonna be a challenge - their voice patterns are so specific - and integral to the character; especially Ichigo and Rukia - heres hoping for something good :Gaipose

Arukan
August 03, 2006, 09:18 AM
I'm pretty sure they can pull it off, I'm not going to give any assurances, because frankly anything can go wrong with a subtle job as voice acting but I'm more then sure they can do the series without utterly annihilating it.

destinator
August 31, 2006, 05:21 AM
You can get a first impression here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lg2h58Qe8 (thanks to moridin for the link)

Its the Bleach AdultSwim commercial which is in my opinion not that bad.

Jammin
August 31, 2006, 07:52 AM
I saw the commercial last night, from what i heard the voices sounded pretty good. My first impression is that Ichigo is going to be perfect. Rukia voice sounds a little older than i expected but that could work out well for the two speach patterns that she has. Switching to a younger more air headed way of speaking would certainly create an excellent contrast.

I can't wait to hear the other voices.

goofy_man
August 31, 2006, 10:58 AM
Newest addition: Yuri Lowenthal will voice Asano Keigo
Beyond that no other voices have been listed.....

Okay, just watched the Adult Swim commercial...and it's not that bad...Johnny and Michelle actually do sound pretty good as their respective characters....I really want to see how the comedy scenes between them play out....

genkizen
August 31, 2006, 10:59 AM
That commercial promo relieved me, now i know the dub for bleach looks like its going to be quite good. Ichigos voice is almost exactly like what I was imagining it being based off of the japanese voice actor :spaz.

I'm happy now that I know Bleach is avoiding one of the single most debilitating problems that a company can impart onto an anime: inexcusably horrid lead character voice over. Something that Naruto is completely crippled by IMO. :mad

Urazz
September 01, 2006, 06:46 AM
I think as long as they get the main characters down well, don't butcher the script too much, and don't add anything annoying like 'Believe it' or anything like that then they'll do well.

rustanddust
September 01, 2006, 10:22 AM

I agree...the voices in the commercial arn't bad, but they just dont feel like they fit. rukia sounds so....gentle? shouldnt she be more brusque?

Bosch's pronouncation of "ichigo kurosaki" is really really funny. and wrong. also I have him stamped in my mind as vash, its so confusing!

w/e I cant pass judgement until I see a full ep or something.

Urazz
September 01, 2006, 04:18 PM
I agree...the voices in the commercial arn't bad, but they just dont feel like they fit. rukia sounds so....gentle? shouldnt she be more brusque?

Bosch's pronouncation of "ichigo kurosaki" is really really funny. and wrong. also I have him stamped in my mind as vash, its so confusing!

w/e I cant pass judgement until I see a full ep or something.

I just saw the commercial promo also and I got to agree with you. They don't seem too bad or anything but they don't seem to fit like you said. But that was just a commercial really so judgement will have to wait until we see the first couple of episodes before we can really decide on how good or how crappy the dub is.

destinator
September 01, 2006, 04:20 PM
At least I have to say the first impression is much much better than of the naruto dub. Because that one really scared me but bleach was really good =)

Faust
September 02, 2006, 09:09 AM
I posted something similar in the Naruto discussions. I think most people who has had a taste of the Japanese versions of any anime will always be a little, if not greatly, disappointed on how it turns out when dubbed to English. For me I thought the dubbed version of Fullmetal Alchemist was great, but I haven't seen it in its original, Japanese, version. I think people who complain about the pronounciation of words that are Japanese in origin are just picky. I don't think the VAs are paid enough to take the time to pronouce Ichigo Kurosaki like a Japanese person would.

lol oh yeah almost forgot...I thought the dubbed version of Bleach was fine and was better done than Naruto.

Ashe
September 09, 2006, 07:43 PM
Not Impressed.

goofy_man
September 09, 2006, 07:51 PM
Michael Lindsay has been listed as the dub VA for Kon.
Previous roles include Kankuro (Naruto) and Joe Kido (Digimon 01 and 02)
(source: AnimeNewsNetwork)

@Ashe: Is that you in your avatar? With the hair, you do look like Rukia. Just curious....

_ATMA
September 09, 2006, 11:40 PM
im once again disapointed x.x all though its only the first ep ichigo doesnt have that pissed off attitude enough ;/ maybe the voice acting will get better as time goes on

Daioten
September 10, 2006, 01:01 AM
So, I just finished watching the first episode of Bleach on cartoon network. Personally, I have to say that i'm fairly impressed so far. I still prefer to watch the subs, but compared to the Naruto dub at least, it's much better. I think Ichigo's voice works very well for his character. I was a little concerned, after watching the teaser preview, but i have to say it's fairly decent. Rukia's voice isn't quite as good in my opinion... sounds way too old... I still haven't heard enough of Yuzu/Karin/Isshin to really have an opinion on them yet.

oh.. and why the hell did they have to use "Soul Reaper"? :cussing They were able to leave Zanpakuto Untranslated..:(

_ATMA
September 10, 2006, 01:54 AM
So, I just finished watching the first episode of Bleach on cartoon network. Personally, I have to say that i'm fairly impressed so far. I still prefer to watch the subs, but compared to the Naruto dub at least, it's much better. I think Ichigo's voice works very well for his character. I was a little concerned, after watching the teaser preview, but i have to say it's fairly decent. Rukia's voice isn't quite as good in my opinion... sounds way too old... I still haven't heard enough of Yuzu/Karin/Isshin to really have an opinion on them yet.

oh.. and why the hell did they have to use "Soul Reaper"? :cussing They were able to leave Zanpakuto Untranslated..:(

blah i would have to disagree x.x ichigo's voice is pissed off enough sounding

Urazz
September 10, 2006, 03:06 PM
Just saw the first episode as well. It was alright but nothing outstanding. Better than Naruto so far since they don't have anything like "Believe it" mentioned at all.

destinator
September 10, 2006, 05:02 PM
Just watched the episode and well I think its okay...I definitively will use the dub to rewatch the bleach...its not outstanding but watchable.

Ashe
September 10, 2006, 06:21 PM
g_m: Yes, that's me in my Rukia costume.

As long as I'm posting I'm going to go ahead and give my full review:

Ichigo- He's fine when he's mellow, and he's okay when he goes ALL out, but it sounds really forced and awkward when he has to do that in between place of 'slightly annoyed and gruff.' And unfortunately, Ichigo spends a LOT of time in that range.

Rukia- The acting isn't bad, but it isn't Rukia. She's lacking the 'Kuchiki' tone. The actress will be fine doing the fake schoolgirly voice, I think, but it's going to sound like that's her natural register and this deeper one is forced, rather than the other way around.

Karin and Yuzu- these two get a thumbs up from me.

Translation- needs more swearing. Seriously.

Dragonzair
September 11, 2006, 04:32 AM
Watched the first episode.

Ichigo: Actually, he;'s the one whom I'm impressed with so far. The problem with some dubs is not the way they interpret it. Since you don't really know how the character sounds like, and you're so used to the original. Like you'd think Ichigo would sound scary, but in the Japanese version, he's not the scary at all.

So basically, I decided not to let the original plague my mind while watching, and just watched it as an english cartoon.

So Ichi's voice is the one I liked the most. XD Especially when he goes insane.

Rukia: At first, I thought she sounded like she was giving too much emotion while she was introducing heself, but when she started talking insane, it started getting funny. Thumbs up from me. XD

Isshin: Happy/insane. Me likes. Double thumbs up. XD He sounded just like how'd I imagine him to be. Not as rough sounding as the japanese version, but good enough. I'm waiting for his serious tones more, though. Wanna see how far the VA can go.

Karin and Yuzu: Karin was alright, I think. I'd imagine her to be more gruff, so it kinda weirded me out. But yeah.

Yuzu...

*screams*

Her voice is so whiny and scratchy. ;___; This is the main problem of the dubs. They pick up VAs who's voices can go beyond the extreme of high pitched. ;___;

Kon: KEKEKKE .xD If you guys missed it, it's at the end of the show. He sounded...not what I quite expected, because by this point, I was already comparing with the original. But I think he'lldo fine. He sounds funny enough, and I can't wait to se how far he can go as well. XD

Especially in Ichigo's body! XD

Translations: The Soul Reaper bit didn't bother me at all, because I have seen a few scanlations which did use it. So yeah. Um...doidn't see much changes, but tha's because it's the first episode. I'll wait till the rest come.

I'm jsut waiting for Tatsuki's voice. Please do it well, Wendee. :wtf

Jammin
September 11, 2006, 09:45 AM
I thought Ichigo was pretty dead on. Rukia did sound alot older but i'm going to reserve judgment until i hear her second voice pattern, the one she uses with Ichigo's friends.

The only voice i didn't like so far was that kid ghost that the hollow was after but honestly thats just being picky on my part.

I was pretty surprised how much they chose to keep untranslated. I wonder why they didn't go with "soul slayer" or "way of binding", not that it bothers me. Actually i thought it was kind of cool.

Urazz
September 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
I thought Ichigo was pretty dead on. Rukia did sound alot older but i'm going to reserve judgment until i hear her second voice pattern, the one she uses with Ichigo's friends.

The only voice i didn't like so far was that kid ghost that the hollow was after but honestly thats just being picky on my part.

I was pretty surprised how much they chose to keep untranslated. I wonder why they didn't go with "soul slayer" or "way of binding", not that it bothers me. Actually i thought it was kind of cool.

I actually found Ichigo and his family, and Rukia to be fairly good and if the rest of the main cast and secondary cast is good then it'll actually be a fairly good dub. But if they have too many minor characters voiced that badly then it'll drag down my rating of the dub.

goofy_man
September 12, 2006, 01:03 PM
Isshin: Happy/insane. Me likes. Double thumbs up. XD He sounded just like how'd I imagine him to be. Not as rough sounding as the japanese version, but good enough. I'm waiting for his serious tones more, though. Wanna see how far the VA can go.
Random fact: Patrick Seitz is the VA for Luke Valentine in Hellsing

Dragonzair
September 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yep. I know. :p

Too bad I don't watch Hellsing though. I've heard it's one of the best dubs ever.

But that's besides the point. He caught Isshin's spazzed voice head on. FTW! <3

midnight789
September 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
I must say this is one of the better dubs I've heard. A certain ninja series we all know *cough*naruto*cough* could take some pointers. Back to the bleach dub; I think if they keep this up, I'll prefer watching the dubs over the subs (just cuz it's easier for me to watch, as the only language I know is english).

EDIT: It's kind of off topic, but I gotta say it, I was very happy that they kept the original intro. I just hope they will keep the second intro too, cuz if not I'll never watch another bleach dub again.

goofy_man
September 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
I will go out on a limb and say that Viz Media actually LEARNS from mistakes and are not afraid to use the original Japanese words/pronuciations/music in the dub....unlike some companies *gives 4Kids an evil glare of doom*

The comparision of the dubs of Naruto and Bleach are clear examples......the reasons have been either clearly noted or openly discussed.
Viz earned some serious respect from me with the Bleach dub; although about 25% of this respect was originally lost due to the Naruto dub.....now it has been regained.

Dragonzair
October 15, 2006, 11:27 PM
Goofer: You once mentioned Micheal Lindsay as Kon. I read somewhere he's playing Urahara. o.o;

I'm still waiting for those episodes to come out on YT, butfor now, I'm slightly worried about Kisuke's voice. XD He had voiced Joe Kido in the first Digimon series, and I thought it sounded slightly high and whiny :wtf

I haven't heard his other roles, but if he does have variations in his voice, I think that'll be fine with me. XD But if you're right about him playing Kon (as well), then that's alright, since Kon's voice was goofy and hilarious, which means he can totally go for differnt voices. :nuts (Kon's voice was at the end of episode one)

goofy_man
October 17, 2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, that changed....I guess Michael Lindsay just did one preview as Kon, then was recast as Urahara....personally, I like that change.
Lindsay is definitely good at bringing out Urahara's lazy/sleazy businessman sides (probably an American trait, but....w/e)

Kon is now played by Quinton Flynn. Other dub roles by him include: Axel (Kingdom Hearts II); Iruka (obvious)

Anyone know who the VA for Chad is?
ANN still doesn't have him listed....

Dragonzair
October 17, 2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, that changed....I guess Michael Lindsay just did one preview as Kon, then was recast as Urahara....personally, I like that change.
Lindsay is definitely good at bringing out Urahara's lazy/sleazy businessman sides (probably an American trait, but....w/e)

Kon is now played by Quinton Flynn. Other dub roles by him include: Axel (Kingdom Hearts II); Iruka (obvious)

Anyone know who the VA for Chad is?
ANN still doesn't have him listed....

O________O;;;

It's out? I have to watch it! Which episode is this? And interesting. They changed Kon's voice. Played by Iruka now, huh? XD

goofy_man
October 17, 2006, 11:49 PM
Episode 6 is what the dub is up to....when the Urahara Shoten gang and Kon are introduced in the anime.

Still waiting to hear how Don Kanonji will be dubbed......
<_<
>_>

SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS.....WITH YEEEOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!

Sorry...had to get that out....lol

_ATMA
October 18, 2006, 12:32 AM
they should of had gilbert godfree play kon it would of fit perfectly

goofy_man
October 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
they should of had gilbert godfree play kon it would of fit perfectly

No.....Gilbert Gotfried would have made Kon TOO damn annoying....especially with his vocal pitch...it's too shrill and annoying....even for Kon.
Also, Gilbert only does Disney VA work, nothing else besides that--in terms of voice acting.

Majin Lou
October 18, 2006, 05:00 PM

I think Urahara's English VA fits him pretty well, though it did take a little bit to get used to him.

Anyway, Kon being voiced by the same person that does Axel, Iruka, and Raiden from MGS (among others) is pretty interesting, though I don't think it'll fit him properly, but you never know.

sahugani
November 01, 2006, 05:52 PM
actually i was kind waiting on Flynn to play Renji. if you think about it, he's already done (extremely well i might add) Axel in Kingdom Hearts 2 and Reno in Advent Children, so Renji would have been be a logical role for him. he's proven his ability to play Renji multiple times. it would be understandable for him not to take the role for the fact that they are too similar, but its wierd that he is a Bleach VA, but not Renji's. well we do have yet to see if he'll do double roles

kurosakistrawberry
December 08, 2006, 03:38 PM
I think that Urahara's voice is all right, although it was a little younger sounding than I had expected. Until recently, I hadn't followed voice actors closely, and was surprised to find out that the voice of Urahara would be the same as the voice of Kankuro. Now that I know this, I keep comparing the two.

kyubisharingan
December 09, 2006, 09:59 PM
I personally like the voice cast. Johnny Young Bosch does a great job with Ichigo^^

sahugani
January 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
renji's voice is painful. enough so that it has killed my interest in the dub