PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 238 Discussion [Bleach]

Dragonzair
July 27, 2006, 06:17 AM
Bleachies candies for the tummies! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=6623.0)
---------------------------

Well, I certainly was surprised with this chapter.

It was very different from the other Bleach ones we've seen, and quite deeper. More serious, as well. (Then again, deep is serious XD) Not saying this is bad. I quite liked it. Best chapter in a while, maybe.

What I enjoyed most in the chapter was the scenes with Yuzu and Karin. It's been awhile since we've last seen any family interaction. They've missed their big brother so much that they slept in his room. Just touching. <3

And what's interesting in this, is that we get different scenes. One with a flashback of Orihime and Ulquiorra, then to the Shinigamis in the Urahara Shouten, then to the Kurosaki family + Rukia and lastly, to the goodbyes of Inoue.

Her character here is different from what we're used to. Like, I never knew Hime had a diary? Or that she wanted to become an Astronaut? Or that she was capable of saying one of the best quotes I've seen in a while. That bit about the 5 lives was very touching.

Also, Hitsugaya being very intrugued about Kisuke san was quite enjoyable. More so the scene with Ururu and Ikkaku.

<333

Yeah, guess you could say I enjoyed it. :eyeroll

So what next? Will we see Inoue with the Arrankars next week? Or maybe Ichigo angry, wanting to bring her back? But definitely, Tatsuki is going to want to find out what happened to her best friend. I'm expecting more scenes with her soon. She's defenitely going to get involved.

What about you guys? What do you think?! PREDICT AWAY, SAYS I! :D

Crossbow
July 28, 2006, 06:02 PM
I so wanted that kiss to happen.....

Poor Poor Inoue......
:wtf
/heart breaks a little inside

Edit: Oh yeah predictions...errr..uhhh
Everyone finds out Inoue is missing and most likly with Aizen, Ichigo very mad but cant do anything til he heals, new resolve to fight and save her , yadda yadda yadda

/is still dieing from sadness....its like Inuyasha Movie 2, the kiss that finally needed to happen, then denied

destinator
July 28, 2006, 06:33 PM
Ok here is what really would like to happen in the next 2-3 chapters. One chapter just analyzing what has happend right now and after that a time gap to the final time...maybe a inoue chapter between that. Really simple but that would be cool.

ttxdragon
July 28, 2006, 07:10 PM
i had some tears near to overflowing while reading the script-trans ;__;

what i really would like to happen now, would be that the healer-type vaizard notices that inoue went missing and can sense her a little bit, because of the similar powers they have and the vaizards being the counterpart to the arrancars, so they could maybe sense her.... i want that healer-vaizard to go into an all-out fight against ulquiorra :)

those are no predictions, but what i want to happen next xD

thejackass98
July 28, 2006, 07:22 PM
heh this chapter leaves an emty feeling in your chest....... but why i wonders why hime leaves why ::cries:: ::sniff:: well the way i see it when ichigo finds that hime was taken by the Arrankars he will prolly have more determination to save a friend than in the SC arch ahhhhhh more bleach i wants

genkizen
July 28, 2006, 07:43 PM
I've seen someone have this same opinion on this forum. It would make for great story writing if Inoue became very influenced by the dark side and Ichigo had to kill her to save her, but I hope with all my heart that that doesn't happen. :crying

For 238 my money is on the focus centering on Urahara and whatever it is that he was pondering (maybe he was pondering life in general?), and it would be cool to see Ichigo wake up at the end of the chapter and feel Inoue's tears on his cheek only to in later chapters connect occurrences together and figure it was her somehow.

graphic_content
July 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
i think that someone unexpected - maybe Tatsuki - is gonna stumble upon Inoue's diary...puzzled by what she wrote...she is gonna bring it to Ichigos attention - and quite possibly confront him about all the shes 'seen' lately.

and more so than that...i think 238 will bring about the return of Isshin (or at least I'd hope so considering all his son has gone through) - in deep conversation with Urahara - about how severe their situation is...being nowhere near the level they need to be if they are prove a worthy resistance to Aizen.

I think Ishida and his Dad will make a dramatic reappearance at the end of the chapter...half-offering their services - half-boasting that the Shinigami are unable to do this on their own...AND somehow I have a feeling that Isshin and Ryuken are somehow connected but being on opposite sides (much like Ichigo and Ishida) prevented them from ever being friends -

I dont think we will be seeing Inoue for several chapters - like Ishida - make a dramatic choice; and suddenly disappear without a trace. Like Dragonzair, I agree that this was one of the these most dramatic chapters I've read in recent memory that didnt include a resolve to NOT die and get stronger (SS Battles). I really enjoyed how much deeper a character Inoue now seems - not so much JUST a damsel in distress - but a person with crazy dreams like anyone else - making it really easy to connect with her as person.

to Najical - i like that whole dark-side thing, and having to kill Inoue JUST to save her - but I have to admit, like yourself, I dont think I'd be very happy with an ending like that. :faint

genkizen
July 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
Right on graphic_content :sweat

There are so many loose threads coming from multiple directions in the Bleach story right now that the next chapter could skip to any one of them.
The loosest thread definitely being the one involving Isshin since save for ONE CHAPTER we know nothing. :shakefist

Divine
July 29, 2006, 05:50 AM
Right on graphic_content :sweat

There are so many loose threads coming from multiple directions in the Bleach story right now that the next chapter could skip to any one of them.
The loosest thread definitely being the one involving Isshin since save for ONE CHAPTER we know nothing. :shakefist

This is so correct, ther are so many things we yet to see, like the "Ishida powers" part, "Isshin as shinigami" part, "Ururu mode:genocide" part, "Chad's training results", and so on.
So, its actually quite hard to predict for the next chapter, because it is not an opening ending, Anything could be featured in the next chapter.
But, i predict the next chapter will show us some "everyone being surprise of the gone of Inoue" and some "Inoue with Aizen".

renrutal
July 29, 2006, 06:11 AM
Great chapter, really great. Love triangles for the win. It's really sad

I have a feeling someone overheard this conversation, Rukia or Isshin. For the great plot advancement, I want it to be Isshin.

Another option is Orihime's diary, again for plot, Tsubaki should find it and learn everything about the war.

Third... Ichigo could be half-awake during the good bye.

We'll see Orihime meeting Ulq and going to Hueco Mundo.

Ahh, so many options... Bleach is indeed entering a very important saga.

ligerjager
July 29, 2006, 09:23 AM
for next week's chapter I think we'll se Urahara contemplating the Arrancurs' actions and what they could possibly mean... I don't believe we'll be seeing any of chad or renji anytine soon. I would really like to see Isshin training his own squad of earthlings XD (maybe tastuki and the other dude *who's name I forgot*, and ichigo's sisters ^^), but seeing how that is unlikely I think either isshin might be show discussing these recent events with Urahara, or we'll see life at the Kurosaki household for the next couple of chapters.

I don't belive any of the characters will know inoue's fate until the final battle, they'll just know that she disappeared. And I think they'll hide the fact from Ichigo....so he won't go running off like an bumblehead and dmake a fool of himself.

Besides they don't know how to get to Hueco Mundo so I think the battle willl occur on earth and that's when they find out everything...

Dragonzair
July 29, 2006, 10:08 AM
i think that someone unexpected - maybe Tatsuki - is gonna stumble upon Inoue's diary...puzzled by what she wrote...she is gonna bring it to Ichigos attention - and quite possibly confront him about all the shes 'seen' lately.

Yeah. That would be cool. I've been waiting for Tatsuki to show up. But definitely, she'll want answers as to where her best friend went. Also as to what Ichigo is gonig through. She saw him afterall.

Agreed with your post, though. Very nice prediction. Especially about Isshin. I'd for one would love that to happen.

I think Ishida and his Dad will make a dramatic reappearance at the end of the chapter...half-offering their services - half-boasting that the Shinigami are unable to do this on their own...AND somehow I have a feeling that Isshin and Ryuken are somehow connected but being on opposite sides (much like Ichigo and Ishida) prevented them from ever being friends -

Not only that. Isshin is a neighbourhood doctor who owns a small clinic, while Ryuuken owns a big Hospital. I'd like to imagine that the request Isshin was asking for (chapter 07, Volume 01), was actually Ryuuken's hospital. I'd also like to believe that they knew each other, hence Isshin saying "Say it's a request from Kurosaki" and him being angered at them not sending hospital beds. :p

You'd never know.

But yeah, for next chapter, Isshin might have a small discussion with Kisuke. Mori also mentioned this once though. Did Rukia actually leave the house for a walk? Or was she actually in the cupboard, listening to Hime?

mars0103
July 29, 2006, 12:15 PM
can you a new arc coming it'll be just like the SS arc save Inoue

rocker2
July 29, 2006, 01:51 PM
The trail of bread crumbs become more and more curious. 1st, the fact that no matter where and in what condition, Inoue has the ability to track Ichigo down and know his emotional state - quite the psychic bond. 2nd, the tidbit that Matsumoto gave that Ichigo needed Inoue to remain as he is. 3rd, the connection that both Inoue and Ichigo hold vaizard-like powers although they are both human and are the only two like the vaizards to appear in a long time. 4th, the fact that Ichigo currently has both arrancar and vaizard reiatsu in his system. 5th, Inoue's confession of love for Ichigo and the fact that Ichigo was the one person she chose to visit.

Hmmm, don't know if it is just me, but I'm getting the vibe that Ichigo won't need to be told to realize where Inoue is going and will be fully capable of detecting and tracing her presence. The fact that both Inoue and Ichigo are interconnected hints toward the fact that if one goes down, the other will too. Thus, I'm betting on some all out fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra to protect Inoue (as Ichigo promised her), where somehow Inoue acts as the key required to bring out Ichigo's true powers (as she promised, she would fight along with him) and combine powers with Ichigo to take Ulquiorra down. If this happens (which is a distant possibility), I think we'd be in for a couple of wicked chapters ahead.

thejackass98
July 29, 2006, 02:36 PM
The trail of bread crumbs become more and more curious. 1st, the fact that no matter where and in what condition, Inoue has the ability to track Ichigo down and know his emotional state - quite the psychic bond. 2nd, the tidbit that Matsumoto gave that Ichigo needed Inoue to remain as he is. 3rd, the connection that both Inoue and Ichigo hold vaizard-like powers although they are both human and are the only two like the vaizards to appear in a long time. 4th, the fact that Ichigo currently has both arrancar and vaizard reiatsu in his system. 5th, Inoue's confession of love for Ichigo and the fact that Ichigo was the one person she chose to visit.

Hmmm, don't know if it is just me, but I'm getting the vibe that Ichigo won't need to be told to realize where Inoue is going and will be fully capable of detecting and tracing her presence. The fact that both Inoue and Ichigo are interconnected hints toward the fact that if one goes down, the other will too. Thus, I'm betting on some all out fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra to protect Inoue (as Ichigo promised her), where somehow Inoue acts as the key required to bring out Ichigo's true powers (as she promised, she would fight along with him) and combine powers with Ichigo to take Ulquiorra down. If this happens (which is a distant possibility), I think we'd be in for a couple of wicked chapters ahead.

sweet dude i didnt realize the clues left behind man heh the arrancar and viazard reiatsu it could mean when ichigo wakes up he would feel inoue's presence cuz of the arrancar reiatsu

masteraunanas
July 30, 2006, 03:34 PM
can't make any predictions for the nexts chapters exept this ichigo will get inoue back if its the last thing he does, he never goes back on his word!so i guess he will train more , maybe kisuke will help out or his dad who was to have same powers like ichigo even more than him (think that he is a vizard like him cause ichigo is a true blood shinigami so his power came from his parents) and maybe some action with ishida and his dad and some mobilization form ss

Snake1786
July 30, 2006, 04:44 PM
Great chapter. I missed that kind of situations that are so typical for bleach. Ah and as for the Prediction maybe we see hitsugaya telling the rumors bout urahara or the training of Ishida and Chad. Whatever happens I am loooking forward to it.

Menner
July 30, 2006, 11:36 PM
next chapter:
ive been wondering about Ichigos feelings about orihime and if he hiding something that even we doesnt know... ^^
he will definitely find a way to rescue her!
maybe this chapter ends with ishida and his dad.. maybe they do a exiting entrance :P who knows :P

ryderdm3
July 30, 2006, 11:48 PM

Rocker2, you're the man as usual. I agree with your theory on Ichigo knowing Inoue was there because of the arrancar reiatsu in his body. And based off that, here is my prediction:

The chapter starts off back at Urahara's place. Matsumoto has finally gotten ahold of SS. The interference was caused by them making adjustments to the border between the two worlds. Matsumoto is informed that the Arrancar made an attack on SS. The two Shinigami that Ulquiorra nearly killed, but later healed by Inoue, went back to report on all that they could remember before being unconscious. There is also no word on what happened to Inoue or if she's ok. Everyone is shocked at the news, especially Urahara, and Matsumoto hopes that she is ok.

Just then Ichigo stops by and confirms that Inoue is gone, that she has been taken to Heuco Mundo. He says he's not sure how he knows, but he knows. He could feel her saying goodbye to him and reaching out to him in a dream, but that it was quite real. Urahara cuts him off to back up his story. He just realized what the arrancar were up to on their last visit, and how it has doomed them all! Chapter ends.

ligerjager
July 31, 2006, 12:42 AM
Ryderman3 that is a great scenario for the next chapter, I could agree with that. Though instead of ichigo knowing that Inoue went to Hueco Mundo I think that kubo would just leave a feeling of emptiness and unease in the pit of his (ichigo's) stomach.

I still don't think that they will find out where inoue has gone, atleasst not in this next chapter. I do agree with ryderman in that the next chapter could contain his scenario but without them realizing where Inoue has gone exactly...

moridin
July 31, 2006, 08:20 AM
next chapter is a bitch, i haven't got a clue who it will focus on, nor do I really have the faintest idea what will happen before they try and take Inoue back. It would be interesting to see an Isshin, Urahara, Tessai and Yoruichi conversation about things and I think we'll get something like that in the future. Just maybe not yet :( I'd also like to see the vaizards discussing things without Ichigo around as well.

I think next chapter its likely we'll see Uryuu again actually, he needs to be brought back into the story a bit if they are off to HM soon or you have to feel he'd rather miss out on things.

goebrak
July 31, 2006, 08:19 PM
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8792/kyouyaam2.jpg

ulquiora........
korosu!!!

why orihime.....
whyyyyyyy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

gans88
July 31, 2006, 09:42 PM
I like to be optimistic and think that urahara has already figured out why 4 espada arrived and left after completing there mission. I think he already knows that orihime is gone and thats why he's pondering on 1) getting her back because he just realize the dangers if aizen could manipulate her 2) what to do if aizen does manipulate her and is able to speed up everything 3) how to break the news to ichigo 4) or if to tell ichigo at all. But this is all on the assumption that urahara already knows orihime is gone. And I only think this cuz I think urahara was the first official shinigami/hollow. But this is just high hopes. But urahara is too cool to be just a shinigami, theres something about him that makes him different than the rest. And considering he made the orb then him being the first vaizard/arrancar can't be too improbable. But ye I think next chapter is gonna be all about urahara since hitsugaya comment kinda foreshadowed it. but ye I'm probably 100% wrong. lol

thejackass98
August 01, 2006, 09:50 AM
ulquiora........
korosu!!!

why orihime.....
whyyyyyyy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

aye i was like that too btw wat pic is that anime from

Tr14d
August 01, 2006, 10:14 AM
mayb shinji will come and beat the shit out of ichigo as he knew he wasnt ready anyway

rennokun
August 02, 2006, 04:28 AM
Predictions

Looking for orihime
finds out she was taken by aizen
more training
every1 (soul society,vaizard,urahara and ichigo team) getting ready to fight aizen i want to see an all out assault

sahugani
August 02, 2006, 10:31 AM
i think that Urahara concidered orihime's capture as a possibility and is why he rudely told her not to fight. now they will realize she is gone and Urahara will explain the situation.

btw the jackass98, that anime is Ouran High School Host Club and its hilarious

thejackass98
August 02, 2006, 12:00 PM
btw the jackass98, that anime is Ouran High School Host Club and its hilarious
heh didnt realize that i watch that show

heh i think we might see some urahara explaination for why inoue is a powerful asset to them or to aizen

Debu
August 02, 2006, 04:13 PM
Ugh! Everything is Urahara's fault - Aizen has the hougyoku and Inoue all thanks to him. He apologized upon everyone's return from SS after the save Rukia arc, but now Urahara has a lot of ground to make up. I predict this is exactly what he'll be confronted with this chapter.

Longterm - I find it lame to consider that Urahara made such strategic screwups when he is ostensibly the smartest / sneakiest character in the series, especially given that we've seen seemingly less intelligent characters exhibit extreme foresight (viz Ichi's dad). I'd like there to be hints that this was all a part of some bigger plan.

What would that plan be?

Though everyone's probably already come to and disregarded this conclusion, I say that Urahara has one of the same goals as Aizen - creating super beings - but is taking the "their heart and willpower is their true source of strength" route. Will this make him unliked? Will he care? How many other friends does he have to set up to be kidnapped before (a) he gets the results he wants and (b) readers don't get fed up with plot reuse? :)

Having said that, I think this arc is setting up to be *amazing* - as much as we had going on in the SS arc with much much less setup (we knew only 4 characters and one goal), now there are dozens of characters with multiple objectives and lots more character history. It could shape up to be a very exciting story with multiple parallel plot lines.

Or it will be a big stupid tournament.. the Aizen games! :p

-Debu

graphic_content
August 03, 2006, 12:16 AM
Not only that. Isshin is a neighbourhood doctor who owns a small clinic, while Ryuuken owns a big Hospital. I'd like to imagine that the request Isshin was asking for (chapter 07, Volume 01), was actually Ryuuken's hospital. I'd also like to believe that they knew each other, hence Isshin saying "Say it's a request from Kurosaki" and him being angered at them not sending hospital beds. :p

You'd never know.

I actually forgot that Ryuken was the administrative head of the Karakura hospital - it seems pretty unfathomable that two men of such power (Ryuken and Isshin), live in the same neighborhood and not be aware - on some level - of each others existence.

I've been re-reading some chapters lately - and Im somewhat worried that Isshin will scarce, if at all, make an appearance again. I say this because it seems that his intention in coming out was simply to kill Grand Fisher - he made that statement clear - and it also seems that he is content to let Urahara take care of matters specifically concerning Ichigo - maybe its a life he left behind and never wants to return to again. but considering all thats happening - its seems almost selfish for him not to get involved. [fingers crossed] that he comes back - if even for some comedic moments...cause lets face it, his were some of the best!

ryderdm3
August 03, 2006, 12:32 AM
He'll come back and help when innocent lives start being lost. He probably doesn't want to do the Shinigami thing anymore, but he's going to be forced to whether he likes it or not.

rocker2
August 03, 2006, 03:06 AM
I actually forgot that Ryuken was the administrative head of the Karakura hospital - it seems pretty unfathomable that two men of such power (Ryuken and Isshin), live in the same neighborhood and not be aware - on some level - of each others existence.

I've been re-reading some chapters lately - and Im somewhat worried that Isshin will scarce, if at all, make an appearance again. I say this because it seems that his intention in coming out was simply to kill Grand Fisher - he made that statement clear - and it also seems that he is content to let Urahara take care of matters specifically concerning Ichigo - maybe its a life he left behind and never wants to return to again. but considering all thats happening - its seems almost selfish for him not to get involved. [fingers crossed] that he comes back - if even for some comedic moments...cause lets face it, his were some of the best!

It is quite probable that Isshin and Ryuuken know of each other. Whether they know of each other's powers is questionable as both are highly skilled meaning both are able to finely supress their spiritual pressure. Both will appear later in the story. This is pretty much a guarantee as Kubo doesn't just introduce high level characters and forget about them. They always come back in some way or fashion, though not always fighting.

As for them getting involved, it doesn't have to be about selfishness or not. To have power is one thing, to use it another. Sometimes it is best for those with power not to use it, even if it seems like it would help others. One such case that is brought up continuously in Bleach are battles for honor. Another is so others grow and learn to take care of themselves. If Isshin were to step into his son's battles, would Ichigo be as powerful as he is now? Also, the choice was made by Ichigo to become a shinigami. It was his choice to become one who would willing die to protect another from danger. Isshin is a good man so he likely honors that choice whether he likes it or not. Also, the stance of non-interference is often taken by the most powerful of people so that they do not end up being corrupted by their own power and becoming "gods amongst mankind." It may not seem fair and often perceived as selfish, but is usually the right choice for the long term.

kurosaki25
August 03, 2006, 03:32 AM
just wait what happen to 238 ep :)..

3of4
August 03, 2006, 03:28 PM
ehm....i just readed volume 1 today and in the last chapter is a car accident and the injured people are taken to the kurosaki clinic. There says isshi at the telephone "Tell your Hospital chief that the request for more Beds is from Kurosaki..then there will be free beds...".
Its not said which Hospital he called at the phone...but i think there are not so many in the town ^^.
Interesting, isn't it?

j0ny
August 03, 2006, 11:07 PM
I predict that the Ichigo and company will travel go to Hueco Mundo to save the day. Ichigo will be able to hold his hollow mask there longer and more efficiently because it is hollow domain. Like his spirit powers are stronger in Soul Society, his hollow part is stronger in Hueco Mundo.

graphic_content
August 04, 2006, 01:38 AM
I predict that the Ichigo and company will travel go to Hueco Mundo to save the day. Ichigo will be able to hold his hollow mask there longer and more efficiently because it is hollow domain. Like his spirit powers are stronger in Soul Society, his hollow part is stronger in Hueco Mundo.

very true.

moridin
August 04, 2006, 04:17 AM
238 raw

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8310103B79DFAD88
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mepmto
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7P1NAHAW

Koen
August 04, 2006, 05:08 AM
it seems ichigo is left behind, is all alone. I am going to wait to see what translations bring, but shinigami are not willing to help ichigo.
Man that last picture gave me the creeps: ichigo all alone in that room, left behind after what he did for rukia, soul society...

gonna wait for the scripts though

Jammer
August 04, 2006, 06:39 AM
it seems likes this: Shinigamis getting out of the scene to prepare for the BigWar thing
and they made place for Ishida to show - he won't mess with them as his father asked

rather he'll help ichigo as if helping a friend - not a shinigami to save another friend - inoue :)
the vaizards can go too, even Urahara (possible Isshin ::pls.pls::) - and that would be some mini-arc for saving inoue before the bigwar over there at Karakura town :)

destinator
August 04, 2006, 08:13 AM
Oh damn Ken-chan and Byakuya were the last characters I thought of for this chapter. Well everyone is gone now...I never thought Ichigo would be so crazy to try to get to Huece Mundo...

Koen
August 04, 2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah,

It is the two capitains that ichigo had the hardest fights with who brings all the shinigami back to soul society. Byakuya and Kenpachi, both lost a fight against ichigo, but due that their respect towards ichigo had grown to a maximum. And now those two came out of nowhere to get that bunch of shinigami back. Kubo did a great thing, by using those two capitains: it made that scene very hard for ichigo. I hope for ichigo he can find support withing the vaizards. We saw ichigo wants to do everything to get inoue back, inoue never turned her back towards ichigo. It is like a repition of rukia who was forced to leave ichigo. I hope he will come to senses, his future is not soul society. I wonder what his future is? Viazards? Or human world: urahara, sado, isshin, ishada,...

Man this is getting so complex. Conclusion: I was relieved to see both my favorite characters: ichigo and zaraki. I thought: no do not be kidding, zaraki and byakuya helping ichigo? And now, I feel sorry for ichigo.

rocker2
August 04, 2006, 02:21 PM
Oh damn Ken-chan and Byakuya were the last characters I thought of for this chapter. Well everyone is gone now...I never thought Ichigo would be so crazy to try to get to Huece Mundo...

Ichigo going to HM would not be crazy. The Hollows can't consume him since he is vaizard-like to begin with. Menos and most of the arrancar are like ants to him. The espada and Aizen are his only real enemy there. If Ichigo really went to HM alone, it is highly improbable that Aizen would have him killed. Rather, being the cunning tactician Aizen is, he would try to capture Ichigo and turn him to the dark side. Inoue and Ichigo are the only vaizard-like humans and the reason behind it would be interesting enough for Aizen to spare both of their lives (to conduct research on the phenomenon). Not to mention that if Aizen had Ichigo killed, he would lose his hold over Inoue and there is no way she would not know that Ichigo is killed. This would give Ichigo plenty of opportunity to try to save Inoue. The espada and Aizen still underestimate the extent of both of their powers so it is possible that they could escape so long as Ichigo gets knowledge on how to travel between HM and the real world.

WarmIce
August 04, 2006, 07:29 PM
I feel so tensed up after that chapter. It's like Soul Society-arc all over again, all odds are against Ichigo going to Hueco Mondo.

graphic_content
August 04, 2006, 07:56 PM
I feel so tensed up after that chapter. It's like Soul Society-arc all over again, all odds are against Ichigo going to Hueco Mondo.

but thats just it - it exactly the whole SS arc all over again - expect replace the Captains with Espada members - dont get me wrong...

...Im all for beating the bad guy and saving the girl - but again, really Kubo???

- well, he is an amazing storywriter-so well just leave it at that.

Konkun
August 05, 2006, 08:49 AM
I felt bad for Ichigo at the end of the chapter. He seemed very sad, confused and helpless. He knows that his power is no where it should be so he can't rescue Inoue. Also at the same time he felt betrayed by SS since they wont allow him to help her. Perhaps he felt betrayed by Inoue for leaving without a word to him. I dont think Ichigo will stay, he will most likely head into the HM and rescue her himself. However, it is likely that his friends will come to help him. I think Urahara, Yuriochi, Chad, Ishida will accompany him. Perhaps his father will reveal himself and offer some help. Before heading into HM, Ichigo will finish his training on earth to be stronger. Also I would like to see his father offers some advice or trains Ichigo. Maybe he will teach Ichigo some Art Skills.

Ryu_00
August 06, 2006, 07:58 AM
after reading this, I hate Yamamoto even more, that old fart should just die

near
August 06, 2006, 08:30 AM
ya ichigo definitely has a lot on his plate. hes got to fight aizen, inoues been captured, and now he needs to train to defeat yamato so he can get his balls back :tem

ligerjager
August 06, 2006, 01:10 PM
It bugs me that SS deemed her a traitor when she never swore allegience to them... friend she is but her fealty is elswhere.

Also they said they had thought of this scenario and prepared for it...why then did they not let everyone else in on the secret???

venicia777
August 06, 2006, 02:41 PM
it sure does look like SS aint changed for nothing- especially among the top brass. This reminds me of the chronicles of narnia somewhat.

anyways- although saddening but i am sure glad ichigo didnt go. The chances of him and whoever might have gone with him dying are very high. i wont trust aizen to let him live. while the chances of inoue living longer is much more probable and surer.
although i would have loved a hueco mundo attack, kubo and most of us may think the theme will become repetitive if he does another save mission. but that is not the main point here!. the thing is, i am sure most of us are aware that without the vizards helping ichigo out, if he indeeds decides to go without none of the top level captains from SS, this mission was going to be too costly. and an attack now will show aizen a lot of the improvements made in strength by his opponents- a very poor tactical decision especially if one looks at the enormous strength of the opposition.

i guess our best option is to be rest assured that aizen will not kill inoue soon(maybe even never). and i am sure he will need her especially during the war

graphic_content
August 07, 2006, 02:14 AM
considering the lengths that Aizen went through just to get Inoue - unharmed - including a very huge raid (diversion), I doubt that Inoue is an any immediate danger

and considering what we've seen in the past from SS - willingness to execute Rukia w/o hesitation, creation of Mod-souls for 'fights-sake' - and now brushing Inoue off as is she means nothing: heartless. could be the only word I could use to describe the feeling of the situation. - - but all things considered this is a war, and these are soldiers, and Yamamoto is responsible for so many more lives - so it really hard to judge either side - all things considered - because NO governing body is ever perfect. and hard choices must always be made.

i've been wondering though, you go to soul society or its surrounding areas when you die, according to bleach mythology - but even still - your soul can still die????

-so where does it go from there???- to a plane of non-existence: if Rukia was executed - cause she was already dead - then she would have been killed again??? hmmmmm.

ryderdm3
August 07, 2006, 04:08 AM
I'm sure Aizen plans to kill her after her usefulness has come to an end, but that is far off. It's obvious that no one is going to be able to rescue her until the scheduled invasion begins, or shortly before. However, if Aizen can use her power right now, then he'll be able to invade in a week or two and kill everyone.

Of course that's not going to happen. Inoue has improved, but Aizen is going to see that she's a big off from being able to speed up the hogyouku. In my opinion, by time he gets her to learn how to speed it up, actual speed it up, and create his army, it'll probably be a couple weeks to a month before SS's expected date. I'm leaning towards only a couple weeks though. Enough time to surprise everyone at their invasion, but also enough time for the heroes to improve so that they can at least put up a fight.

It should be after the initial fighting is done that Aizen will decide to kill Inoue. However, by then Ichigo and co. should be invading and I think Aizen is going to make Inoue strong enough that she'll be able to defend herself well enough against attacks.

ruby_06
August 07, 2006, 06:46 AM
well, now ichigo is really angry and why Yamamoto thinks ichigo will listen to him and secondly he like sent the two men ichigo beated and even if they tried to do something he woud have beated them again since he is now stronger than before????!!! :notrust :noworry

FLFC
August 07, 2006, 08:37 AM
When Ichigo was given that substitute Shinigami Token, with the skull and stuff, he became part of the SS soldeirs so to speak? I mean what the hell is the commander talking about not "allowing" him to go to Hueco Mundo, saying he doesn´t have soldeirs to spare for the sake of rescuing one person, that including Ichigo? WTF ... Ichigo went against G13 to rescue Rukia with the help (for selfish reasons, yes) of Urahara, why now would he be stopped by the mere words of that old geeze? Ichigo will not leave at that, and if he does, SHAME ON HIM!

ryderdm3
August 07, 2006, 06:08 PM
Ichigo isn't going to Hueco Mundo because he can't. Yamamoto isn't a moron, he told Ichigo what anyone with a brain would have. Ichigo can't even beat a former Espada in Grimmjow, what makes any of you think he can go invade Heuco Mundo and beat Aizen or any of the other Espada? This isn't dbz, he's not going to magically unleash the 4th release state of his zanpakutou. He's going to have to stay in human world and keep training. Then when the invasion begins he'll have his chance then to get Inoue back. SS and Ichigo could attack Hueco Mundo right now and they'd be slaughtered. We saw how much trouble they've had with the Espada already, and it's likely that they haven't even faced the strongest ones, except Ulquiorra, yet.

Lohnt
August 08, 2006, 07:48 AM
You know.. now that they're going back to Soul Society I think there's one forgotten character it's about time to see.
Kurotsuchi Mayuri has the former position of Urahara.. There has to be more than just that to their story. He has to have a larger role in attacking Aizens forces since he's had all those years to study Uraharas research and create research of his own. I'd like to see him play a bigger role in the coming war.

Also I really hope Chad masters his hollow like powers to bankai level so he and Ichigo can attack HM alone, that would be so badass.. maybe the Vizards can show up later to save them, but I'd like to see the Ichigo Chad dynamic back to the way it was..

Lastly I really hope Aizen takes this opportunity to FINALLY give Inoue some insane and evil uprgrade.. like making each of the 6 fairies into arrancars or something off the wall like that, that way even if it's not on the side of Ichigo, she'll get a decent fight against him..

FLFC
August 08, 2006, 09:05 AM
Ichigo isn't going to Hueco Mundo because he can't. Yamamoto isn't a moron, he told Ichigo what anyone with a brain would have. Ichigo can't even beat a former Espada in Grimmjow, what makes any of you think he can go invade Heuco Mundo and beat Aizen or any of the other Espada? This isn't dbz, he's not going to magically unleash the 4th release state of his zanpakutou. He's going to have to stay in human world and keep training. Then when the invasion begins he'll have his chance then to get Inoue back. SS and Ichigo could attack Hueco Mundo right now and they'd be slaughtered. We saw how much trouble they've had with the Espada already, and it's likely that they haven't even faced the strongest ones, except Ulquiorra, yet.

I know Ichigo doesn´t have enough power to go all alone to HM, and he knows that too, but waiting for the time Aizen attacks to "rescue" Inoue isn´t a rescue at all. That is not very noble and in fact it reeks of cowardice (sp?).

It doesn´t take a moron to defy what Yamamoto said, it just takes someone with GUTS to do what needs to be done, and that includes taking the time to train . Any person with a brain would THINK of alternate courses of action then just say "let them come and then we´ll "save" Inoue", or even worse say "yes sir" and bow.

Koen
August 08, 2006, 09:14 AM
Ichigo will not have enough power to go to hueco mondo alone. Urahara will also say that it is useless to do (remember when she said inoue was not good to fight - think he will be that serious when ichigo will come up with that idea, for urahara is a simple no). Ishada, well he kinda had a good relationship with inoue, but he can not and will not because of the promise towards his father. It will all depend on the vaizards, but I think the vaizards are what shinigami are for soul society. The vaizards are ichigo-like-earthlings (if I am correct), here on earth to protect earth (or do they have another objective?)

For me it is clear: vaizards or ichigo will stand alone going to hueco monde. On the other hand, ichigo risked his life with his friends for saving rukia in soul society. So is this not quite the same?

Lohnt
August 08, 2006, 09:25 AM
Question: If the Vizards are human and not spirits, why don't they teach Ichigo to use his powers as a human already to make logic out of the fact that his body kinda sits around unharmed in the middle of a battlefield?

FLFC
August 08, 2006, 09:31 AM
Question: If the Vizards are human and not spirits, why don't they teach Ichigo to use his powers as a human already to make logic out of the fact that his body kinda sits around unharmed in the middle of a battlefield?

Are they really human? I don´t think they are... how could that sleek fella stand on thin air while talking to Ichigo when he first invited him to join the vizards? (If I am remembering correctly)

Koen
August 08, 2006, 10:39 AM
well, I do not remember: so I can be mistaken. I know they are ichigo liken that they gained shinigami strength by going through the process of hollow. By the way, would that mean vaizards use also gigai. Maybe the walking on air, is part of their power (shinigami-power: that ichigo still needs to learn)

FLFC
August 08, 2006, 01:23 PM
Yes, u guys are right the Vizards are definetely human... but now I´m thinking that they indeed have gigai, they couldn´t do what they do with human bodies, could they? Well I better read the Body - Soul Theorization Thread (or something) to get a few ideas about that... hehehe.

ryderdm3
August 08, 2006, 08:02 PM
I know Ichigo doesn´t have enough power to go all alone to HM, and he knows that too, but waiting for the time Aizen attacks to "rescue" Inoue isn´t a rescue at all. That is not very noble and in fact it reeks of cowardice (sp?).

It doesn´t take a moron to defy what Yamamoto said, it just takes someone with GUTS to do what needs to be done, and that includes taking the time to train . Any person with a brain would THINK of alternate courses of action then just say "let them come and then we´ll "save" Inoue", or even worse say "yes sir" and bow.

Well what seems "smarter" to you, Go in an attack Aizen a week or so before he invades, while he is stockpiling Espada and lower class arruncar. OR invade during the fighting, while most of his troops are in human world and Soul Society?

Not a hard decision there. Ichigo has to prepare before he can go to Hueco Mundo, and that isn't going to be in a week or two. He, and everyone else, needs as much time as possible to get ready. As much time as Aizen will allow them. Besides, Aizen won't be killing Inoue until he succeeds and takes Soul Societ and human world. If he attacks and Soul Society annhilated his troops, he can just use Inoue to help make new ones and heal the wounded.

Ichigo and everyone waiting for the right moment is smart, not cowardice. Remember, the only reason they succeded in Soul Society when going after Rukia was because of the help they had on the inside with those being sympathetic to their cause and Aizen and his goons helping to create diversion.

jabbament
August 08, 2006, 09:57 PM
Ichigo and everyone weren't going to wait though. Yamamoto made them wait. If Yamamoto would not have sent Byakuya and Kenpachi, at least Renji, Rukia, and Ichigo would have gone after her.

Yamamoto is delusional if he thinks he "owns" Ichigo and Orihime though. Ichigo isn't dead, therefore he's not a shinigami, therefore Yamamoto has no real authority over him. I just want to see him learn how to keep his mask on for more than 11 freakin' seconds...a minute would be fine at this point, c'mon you orange haired slacker!

Lohnt
August 09, 2006, 04:34 AM
Wait so I actually have a question that hasn't been answered yet? That's like the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Vizards. They wear normal clothing, they have shinigami and hollow powers.. but I see no medalions/symbols/enchantations to seperate them from gigai, nor gigai sitting on the ground while they're fighting...

I honestly think they're like the quincy in that they're humans that have somehow tapped into that power.. I was hoping Ichigo could do the same so he wouldn't have to wear that dress (yea yea robe) all the time...

FLFC
August 09, 2006, 09:09 AM
Well what seems "smarter" to you, Go in an attack Aizen a week or so before he invades, while he is stockpiling Espada and lower class arruncar. OR invade during the fighting, while most of his troops are in human world and Soul Society?

Not a hard decision there. Ichigo has to prepare before he can go to Hueco Mundo, and that isn't going to be in a week or two. He, and everyone else, needs as much time as possible to get ready. As much time as Aizen will allow them. Besides, Aizen won't be killing Inoue until he succeeds and takes Soul Societ and human world. If he attacks and Soul Society annhilated his troops, he can just use Inoue to help make new ones and heal the wounded.

Ichigo and everyone waiting for the right moment is smart, not cowardice. Remember, the only reason they succeded in Soul Society when going after Rukia was because of the help they had on the inside with those being sympathetic to their cause and Aizen and his goons helping to create diversion.

You said it yourself, they need as much time "as Aizen will allow them". That´s not a good ground to base a strategy. Aizen is not actually "allowing" anyone to train, he is taking that time for himself, the same amount of time he "allows" Shinigami to train he takes growing his army bigger and stronger.

Sun Tzu wrote in his 'Art of War' that the General who knows well his enemy and himself will win any war. Meaning that if u know your enemy is stronger then yourself, you will retreat at the right time and not attack head on against him, but u can´t win always retreating, u have to take advantage of the moments (or sections of the army) that show weakness, and that´s something any great army will surely have. I don´t know when his moment of weakness will be, but I know his stronger moment will be the time he is set to invade.

I am not talking of defeating Aizens army to get Inoue, that´s harder than anything else. Aizen knows his enemies better than they know him/his army. But also "invade during the fighting, while most of his troops are in human world and Soul Society?" is not possible, Ichigo and anyone with a reiatsu above normal will be targeted by Aizen. Even strategy wise, it´s not a good decision to wait for the invasion to "rescue" Inoue, and I repeat im not considering waging war against Aizen, im just considering saving Inoue.

What Aizen may not know? The power of the Vizards and Ichigo himself, that´s something he is not used to knowing and he may not be considering the power to oppose him coming from that front, and that may be his first weakness.

So you see what may be the smarter move is not so simple as to a "yes or no" or "A or B" type of answer.

ryderdm3
August 09, 2006, 09:44 AM
But if they go now to Hueco, they will easily be targeted by several bored Espada with nothing better to do. And once one fight breaks out, they'll have been discovered and it'll all be in vain. Face it, there only hope of getting Inoue back is to defeat Aizen, Gin, & whoever else stands in there way. What it boils down to, is that Ichigo has to get as strong as Aizen before he can save Inoue, or pretty damn close to it. Of course Inoue will be there to help, but the fact remains that he needs to be a hell of a lot stronger.

Yamamoto saved them by sending Zaraki and Byakuya. Ichigo and Rukia combined couldn't even beat Grimmjow, so just adding a few more guys isn't going to make much of a difference. I don't know why everyone is so pissed at Yamamoto. Sure he came off as a dick, but what he did was save the main character from suicide and in turn saved the world. There is no doubt that in the end, Ichigo will be the strongest one and will be largely responsible for saving the world. Yamamoto realizes the potential in him and that's why he didn't let him go. That's why he didn't let any of them go.

FLFC
August 10, 2006, 08:49 AM
But if they go now to Hueco, they will easily be targeted by several bored Espada with nothing better to do. And once one fight breaks out, they'll have been discovered and it'll all be in vain. Face it, there only hope of getting Inoue back is to defeat Aizen, Gin, & whoever else stands in there way. What it boils down to, is that Ichigo has to get as strong as Aizen before he can save Inoue, or pretty damn close to it. Of course Inoue will be there to help, but the fact remains that he needs to be a hell of a lot stronger.

Yamamoto saved them by sending Zaraki and Byakuya. Ichigo and Rukia combined couldn't even beat Grimmjow, so just adding a few more guys isn't going to make much of a difference. I don't know why everyone is so pissed at Yamamoto. Sure he came off as a dick, but what he did was save the main character from suicide and in turn saved the world. There is no doubt that in the end, Ichigo will be the strongest one and will be largely responsible for saving the world. Yamamoto realizes the potential in him and that's why he didn't let him go. That's why he didn't let any of them go.

Maybe one of the reasons i cannot accept them waiting for the attack to do something is because i don´t think they´ll be able to defeat Aizen and the other former captains. Their army may get destroyed but they will survive and the ultimate battle will have to be in Hueco Mundo itself. But that´s something for the predictions thread, my point is that Inoue won´t be in the front of the battle she will be well guarded by Aizen himself in the back, and best case scenario will be that at the end of Aizen´s forces he will be "transported" by that beam of light back to Hueco Mundo along with Inoue and that´ll be it.

Yamamoto is not thinking one second about Inoue, in fact he already labelled her a traitor. That´s why he won´t be concerned about rescuing anyone in his strategy. So everything he decides to do will be aiming the destruction of the threat even by putting Ichigos life on the line. So why would Ichigo risk his life to destroy Aizens army and not to rescue Inoue? I really think that these two are very distinct objectives, and if he simply set his goal to defeat Aizen and his army, that will not bring Inoue back in the end.

ryderdm3
August 11, 2006, 12:17 PM
I just see the rescue of Inoue and destruction of Aizen as being tied together. I can't imagine that he can just sneak in there and take Inoue without Aizen noticing or getting involved. So until anyone comes up with a brilliant plan in the manga, I'm just going to assume that Ichigo plans to get stronger than Aizen and crush him and then take Inoue back. Besides, Ichigo doesn't seem very good at sneaking around and keeping his presence hidden.

Urazz
August 11, 2006, 02:50 PM
I just see the rescue of Inoue and destruction of Aizen as being tied together. I can't imagine that he can just sneak in there and take Inoue without Aizen noticing or getting involved. So until anyone comes up with a brilliant plan in the manga, I'm just going to assume that Ichigo plans to get stronger than Aizen and crush him and then take Inoue back. Besides, Ichigo doesn't seem very good at sneaking around and keeping his presence hidden.

Well, Aizen doesn't necessarily have to be destroyed in the rescue of Inoue. For example, Aizen could easily be toying around with Ichigo and let him actually get to Inoue and almost get her out before he intercepts them and beats the crap out of them both. Then something can happen that lets Ichigo and Inoue barely escape Aizen. But of course in this situation we gotta have Aizen get what he wants from Inoue or get real close so that he can continue on his own or something.

gigantor21
August 13, 2006, 12:25 PM
U

Well, Aizen doesn't necessarily have to be destroyed in the rescue of Inoue. For example, Aizen could easily be toying around with Ichigo and let him actually get to Inoue and almost get her out before he intercepts them and beats the crap out of them both. Then something can happen that lets Ichigo and Inoue barely escape Aizen. But of course in this situation we gotta have Aizen get what he wants from Inoue or get real close so that he can continue on his own or something.

I don't know...unless that "something" was a sneak ambush by dissident Espada/the Vaizards/the top-tiered Soul Society captains' Bankai, then I don't really see what could allow them to escape from Aizen. I do agree that the rescue will happen after Inoue's served her purpose in Aizen's plot, though--definitely.

ophelis
August 13, 2006, 03:13 PM
U
I don't know...unless that "something" was a sneak ambush by dissident Espada/the Vaizards/the top-tiered Soul Society captains' Bankai, then I don't really see what could allow them to escape from Aizen. I do agree that the rescue will happen after Inoue's served her purpose in Aizen's plot, though--definitely.

I think that too! She'll definitely serve her purpose in Aizen's plot before being retrieved :)

Urazz
August 13, 2006, 03:20 PM
I think that too! She'll definitely serve her purpose in Aizen's plot before being retrieved :)

Either that or Ichigo saves Inoue before she can finish what Aizen has planned for her but still causes his plans to be fufilled much faster than if he never captured her.

ophelis
August 14, 2006, 04:30 AM
Either that or Ichigo saves Inoue before she can finish what Aizen has planned for her but still causes his plans to be fufilled much faster than if he never captured her.

No, I think it's something about her powers that he's after, beside putting some plots alltogather.[br]Posted on: August 13, 2006, 03:32:42 PM_________________________________________________

Yes, u guys are right the Vizards are definetely human... but now I´m thinking that they indeed have gigai, they couldn´t do what they do with human bodies, could they? Well I better read the Body - Soul Theorization Thread (or something) to get a few ideas about that... hehehe.

They are actually Shinigami who are taken the path to being a Hollow :)

genkizen
August 16, 2006, 12:06 AM
It's really hard to say how Orihime's abduction is going to be handled, but my guestimation is that it's going to span quite a few chapters and thus will probably be more along the lines of the good guys going in right before or during the coming war.

Also....
Vizards are teh uber l337. the end.