PDA

View Full Version : Review Pat`s Analysis - Naruto 411

patedecarne
August 01, 2008, 03:57 PM
Guys, another Naruto review, huh? But first, let me explain some things about this review and some facts: This week I’ve changed my job, and this Friday and this weekend will be a chaos on my life! I had so little time to write this review, you know, on a new job we cannot act as in the previous one, then this review maybe has some flaws, or even could be rushed. But I can assure you that this problem will be exclusively for this review, on the next week things will get easier(I hope…) hehe. But still I’ve tried my best to write this review, and please, enjoy it :)!

The scanlation used is from Binktopia

Naruto 411 – 8 Tails VS Sasuke

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/Naruto4111.jpg
I’m expecting to see how it’ll finish…

First, I’d like to comment about the cover and I must say, it has strong hints about what route Kishimoto will take from now, I believe, and it was totally unexpected; Kishimoto gave us serious hints that Sasuke still has some feelings toward Naruto, and in the end, they’ll return to Konoha together. Seems weird, huh? But I’ll explain my reason in the last blocks, for now is only important to notice that this cover was a beautiful one to begin the chapter, and it fits perfectly with the context.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4112.png
Yeah, I know… aren’t you the fooled, Sasuke?

Continuing from the last chapter, Sasuke will fight against the Hachibi, who cannot understand why Hawk Team is after him. Again, the sarcasm is his trademark, even when he’s on the heat of the battle, he won’t lose his rhythm, which makes him a great character now, I couldn’t remember another Naruto character with this level of coolness, and definitely he’ll stay on the story from now. Interesting though is Sasuke speaking that they’re the ones who are controlling Akatsuki.

Again we can see how Sasuke is immature, because the same apply to Akatsuki: they’re controlling Hawk Team to their own benefits, and Sasuke is really a fool if he thinks that Akatsuki isn’t aware from that. Again we’re with the famous Cat and Rat game. Sasuke will stab Akatsuki in the backs after(if) he reaches his goals, and the same goes for Akatsuki, they’ll just dispose Sasuke after Madara and his goals. It’s interesting to see how the things will go from now. We’ve found out that Sasuke’s goal is to augment their power fighting against a strong opponent, and I’m afraid to say that Sasuke has chosen the worst opponent to test his skills…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4113.png
WTF??? I thought that I’ve seen everything on my life…

The so awaited battle then begins with Sasuke attacking Hachibi with his sword. Again, Another proof that Hachibi is well skilled: he was able to use perfectly a sword that he never used before, even using just one hand. Such ability must be result of several years training. Hachibi seems to possess a natural talent for fights, not only with Suigetsu’s sword, but as well his own swords, which will be discussed later on the review. And after the sword’s clash, we’re about to see one of the most hilarious moments in the entire manga: after a powerful kick on his throat, Hachibi just begun to write some kind of” rap” on his notebook! This part was golden to me, not only Sasuke seemed a completely dumb, without any reaction, as well taijutsu was proved to be ineffective. In the previous review I was thinking that maybe Hachibi has trained his body to bear close range attacks, and probably is the case now.

And about this subject, laughing@you has brought an interesting point on a PM: maybe Hachibi is able to absorb attacks, which explain why he countered so easily Suigetsu’s sword and Sasuke’s chidori. Being the case, he’s a top physical figher who has mastered his body to be a perfect weapon, and still we don’t know if he’s able to use Genjutsu and Ninjutsu, but usually, strong people like that are able to use a large variety of attacks and jutsus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4114.png
Let’s rock, baby!!!

It’s good to see Sasuke attacking, but I’m far more interested to see what his opponent can do, and now, it’s Hachibi’s time to do something on this fight. And in a beautiful panel, we can see 8 tails with all of his 7 swords, on a curious stance, ready to attack Sasuke. We’re talking about a fictional story, of course, but the way that Hachibi launched all the 7 swords was beyond any ninja’s skill I’ve seen until now. Probably only Itachi would be able to do something like that, but still I’m not sure if he would be able to take all the swords with such accuracy! We’re talking about a man who’ll fight with a sword in the mouth, for God’sake! Deidara once fought with a Kunai in the mouth, but his 2 arms were ripped off. Notice how 8 tails isn’t holding any swords with his hands, which is, at least, curious.

My impression with this chapter is that Kishimoto is trying to show Hachibi as a fighting God, seeing how skilled he is. Sure it’s a good thing, powerful shinobis are really necessary now, but there’s the coin’s other side: There’s the possibility that Kishimoto is hyping up 8 tails to be just a God, then, we, readers, would be really impressed with such warrior, only to show that Sasuke would be able to surpass this powerful warrior. Lame and without any logic? Yes, would be, but with a new eye, Hachibi could be only a punch bag to Sasuke and his new powers. While it will kill every tension built on a promising fight, we cannot discard this option.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4115.png
Sword Tornado?!?!?!

Talking about plot progression, it was really fast on this chapter: at the beginning, I was expecting to see that usual “warm up” thing, present on almost every fight. But this part was skipped by Kishimoto, and we headed straight to the action. The actions scenes were well constructed, mainly the parts involving Hachibi and his swords tornado. Sasuke trying to avoid the sword rain was on a fast pace, and every panel with the sword were attractive too.

And in this chapter, Hachibi literally took the spotlight: the fight’s skill for sure, but the sarcasm and the funny moments were impressive. One panel that I liked so much was that one with Hachibi’s right eye, being surprised by Karin’s comments. It was enough to some good laughs. And I think the Muhamad Ali reference was evident: probably Kishimoto has created this character based on Muhamad: the sarcasm was almost the same, as well the skills: though Muhamad was a boxer fight, his abilities were superb, just like Hachibi. The only unclear point, though, is that we don’t know if Hachibi will be invincible as Muhamad, in a manner of speaking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BlueBigMac/naruto4116.png
George Foreman grill will love it!

As Sasuke was unable to top Hachibi, then he decides to use the sword Chidori, which is said to be unblockable. But little he knows that 8 tails was able to easily stop this attack: just like Sasuke, he can control chakra’s conduction, and after it, we’re at the most impressive panel of the chapter: Sasuke was stabbed on sixth different point by Hachibi. And probably here is where the most controversial issue lies on the entire chapter. Was Sasuke really stabbed? Or it was just an illusion, a kawarimi? So many options, but only one answer. And until we receive further informations, I’ll pick the first one: Sasuke was really stabbed, and allow me explain my reasons.

Which could be more interesting now? Sasuke capturing Hachibi, or Hachibi defeating Sasuke? Surely the second option is way more interesting, and let’s face the reality: No matter how Sasuke is strong, he’s fighting against an experienced warrior, and we do know how experience is important in the series. It’s a flaw logic right now if Sasuke defeats the second(likely) strongest character on the entire manga with just a new eye. Even if is a wishful desire, Kishimoto mustn’t break the rules: probably with more 10 experience years Sasuke could be a match, but not now. Power over experience shouldn’t be applied on a manga where the strong people are those who have many experienced years. And add to this that is highly unlikely that Sasuke has created an illusion on that point: Sasuke was too confident about the sword chidori, he was expecting anything but a defense, that his reaction time was too short for any genjutsu.

And now I’ll explain why I think Sasuke will return to Konoha with Naruto, like I promised in the first block. Let’s suppose that Hachibi really has stabbed Sasuke. I don’t think 8 tails was trying to kill Sasuke, after all, he was trying to defend himself, not to kill Hawk Team, and if he was for real, he could just have stabbed Sasuke’s head. I believe he was trying to incapacitate Sasuke, and assuming that he’s reached his goal, now he can gather further information about Akatsuki. But now, Hachibi, on a serious moment, could be the one to open Sasuke’s eyes: Someone must do this, and Naruto is too busy right now, so Hachibi is the obvious choice. Such event is more a twist than just Hachibi being captured, and I think that panel wasn’t just random stuff, seems more than just a coincidence. Probably Sasuke’s redemption chance lies on Hachibi, and being the case, the plot would take a twisted direction. And Sasuke showing some regrets after everything he’s done will be priceless, but Naruto should be his top priority, and in a likely meeting, they’ll return.

***Key Points***

Muhamad Ali’s reference
Hachibi’s sword dance
The intriguing Cover

Summary

Better than I expected, I must say: The action pace was great, as we could see some fighting skills coming from 8 tails. Even though seems that Kishi is rushing this battle with that last panel, I don’t think it’s a bad thing, because Naruto’s training is the important event now. Again, Hachibi and his sarcasm made the chapter, Sasuke is having a hard time now; the art, mainly in the actions panels were well drawn, and Hachibi’s style is, at least, unique. The battle is doing well until now, and I’m expecting to see more from the same in the upcoming chapters.

And Now…

Well, I think I’ve said everything in the last block, hehe, but I think the most reasonable option is Sasuke’s defeat. But Naruto’s training is a must too, and I’m really curious to see the result; after all, probably he’s doing well with Fukasaku. If my predictions are really correct, then the fight will finish in the next chapter, where we can see a new twist coming.

neomaster121
August 01, 2008, 05:13 PM
nice review

i like the idea that the cover is a hint onto sasuke true intentions

but do you really think the 8 tails is the second strongest character at the moment
i get what you mean he's at the moment probally stronger than naruto 4 tails but stronger than mandara stronger than pein and kisame etc. I just don't think we've see enough of other chars and this char to assume hes the second most strongest and so meaning sasuke has to loose since the guy so strong.

I too hope that we see a bit of naruto next week though and also see what happened to sasuke.

Good review as always though ^__^

Essence
August 01, 2008, 09:01 PM
nice review Pat,

I been reading your review for a while now, and i like the fact that u analyze even the little things, like how the 8 tail use zabuza sword with one hand. Anyway as for sasuke gettin hit with them swords, well we already know that he's not dead. The rule in the narutoverse has clearly shown that an Akatsuki can not die until the robe comes off. most people have assume that is a genjutsu but i doubt it seeing how it would be too predictable on kishimoto part. I think sasuke using a space/time ninjutsu, the same as madaras. which mean sasuke was able to remove the body parts that was about to be hit with them swords, allowing it to slip through him. i could be wrong, it might be a genjutsu. so i wanted to know how do you think sasuke will get out of this predicament ?

Garvan
August 01, 2008, 09:28 PM
I don't know. Let's just say that Sasuke being dropped even before he showed any Sharingan much less MS tricks would be unusual in Shonen manga. Of course, you're welcome to believe what you will.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
August 02, 2008, 01:23 AM
Why do I have a feeling that Masashi is just trying to one-up Eiichiro Oda with the character of Hachibi-san? "You have a Santoryu Swordsman Eiichiro-kun? HA!, I have one with 7 fool^^, pay up monkey! What do we even call his style? Shichitoryu?, Natoryu? Well we'll wait and see what happens next week. I just hope we really don't get a ping-pong battle again, that would suck.

Berlin
August 02, 2008, 01:46 AM
Well, one might argue that Naruto is an unusual title character for a Shonen...I wouldn't rule out the possibility, at least, just yet. No doubt it would be one of the greater shocks thus far if 412 is released and our first glimpse is of Sasuke bleeding onto the ground.

Loved the review, looking forward to next weeks.

@Essence: I agree, genjutsu is not only predictable but almost impossible seeing the logic surrounding the argument. Space/Time? Perhaps..but I believe chances are high that in the state he's put himself in this is the perfect time to see a new, and original, ability. In my part of the world especially speculation is high regarding something closer in concept to Mokuton making an appearance.

ninjaa
August 02, 2008, 06:48 AM
Right now, I think the Naruto manga is moving in a great direction and will be enjoyed for years to come. Let me explain. Kishimoto is a fan of Dragonball, but not necassarily Dragonball Z. I think that Kishimoto is currently making the manga about growing up, about how a teenager would live in this world that he created. Right now great things are happening in the world, things that may change the entire world. The story right now seems to be heading in a direction where it is showing the growth of Naruto and Sasuke and Sakura and how they deal with the changing world. Right now it is still part of Sasuke's year, and the manga is showing how he became powerful for the events coming up in the manga. All of the three protagonists are going to be developed, and shown experienced everything about the world. For example, in this chapter, it is showing how Sasuke and his Hawk group are growing. Juugo respects Sasuke and his skills greatly. In this chapter, however, he is seeing true skill, in the form of the Hachibi. I believe this is the start of the growth of the Hawk team. Suigetsu is dumbfounded by this guys skill. Before this encounter he probably thought of himself as highly skilled. After seeing this though, he knows he still needs lots of room to grow, and will probably start to doubt starting now whether sticking with Sasuke will let him reach the pinnacle of his power. Anyways, this will start a part in the manga full of the main characters all wanting to get strong on Sasuke's team, but not knowing if Sasuke will be able to bring them that power. This part of the manga is showing how Sasuke and his team are growing into the mature ninja that they will eventually be. At the same time, Kishimoto is revealing many things that will have world wide effects in the manga, like Pain's invasion of Konoha. This will show Naruto and co's development through the changing times, forming a juxtaposition with how Kakashi and all the old people of Konoha dealed with things. I think Kishimoto is trying to create a manga like Dragonball, one that you can grow up with. Unlike Toryiama, however, Kishimoto will try to avoid the "Dragonball Z" effect, where people just keep getting stronger and stronger to the point of ridiculousness. He is now showing how Naruto and Sasuke and Sakura deal with their world and how their world affects them. In my opinion, the manga right now is great. With these two seperate teams (Konoha vs Hawk) Kishimoto really has a chance to show off his world of ninja and reveal powerful ninja beyond the scope of Akatsuki, while letting his chraracters grow through the years he will be writing this manga. There is still Sakura and Naruto's year of development coming up folks. This manga, by the end, will be epic!

anddre
August 02, 2008, 07:06 AM
Olá Paté,

Long time I don't put some lines here :p

First of all, good luck on the new job and thanks for keeping the reviews on schedule :smile-big .

My two cents:

1 - I really don't get Sassuke strategy for this battle so far if you consider all the previous fights he engaged before. He didn't make any previous survey or info search. Unless he thought on getting it hot by sending his two pawns first.

2 - As mentioned before by others, I hope that the sting like bee part stands for real and we find Sassuke hurt in chapter 412. I have done some research on the net, as Kishi always uses some real references as, for instance, the crow and hawk one, and you can easily find a national geogrpahic video of a young hawk vs. snake. The outcome is the snake win for the hawk surprise :XD

3 - Naruto's training: If naruto masters the senjutsu energy balance, we can be prepared for some nasty combo's with the Kage Bushin as his clones will become hard ones to be killed allowing more space for decoy manouvers and power attack jutsu combos :pwned .

For the plot development I hope we could, at least, get some snapshots of Pain and Konan getting at Konoha's Gate. I hope also that Kishi remembers Sai and Root characters. For me it would be an interesting plot twist if Root is able to contribute somehow to decipher Pein's power puzzle.

Best Regards,
André

The Flash
August 02, 2008, 07:12 AM
You know Pate, I've always predicted that sasuke will realize his mistakes and return, and become a protagonist from an antagonist.(joining naruto)

But you bring a good theory, about the Hachibi (the savior - to change sasuke). I never really thought about that. In fact i wont be surprised if that ever did happen

Great Demon Bow
August 02, 2008, 10:47 AM
Great Review, I like it an agree with you in most issues, but there are things I would see different. I wouldn't take the cover as hint for the prospective story. And I wouldn't say Akatsuki is using Hawk, because we know that Kyuubi said Sasuke is as sinister as Madara.
To Habichi I would say he has to be able to use Ninjutsu because, it's simply Chakra manipultaion, we have seen from him blocking Chidori-sword.

lan2cp
August 02, 2008, 11:00 AM
Nice review, I always read your reviews but this is my first reply.

One question though, didn't the lightning ninja ninja that Sasuke interrogated with his MS, say that the Hachibi carried 8 swords? He only has shown 7 until now. Also, I think that the "Iron" tatoo that he has in his right shoulder has something to do with his actual body being as hard as iron. What you think?

Keep up the good work.

Saifi
August 02, 2008, 02:57 PM
hey pat, nice review but if u dont mind i am gonna disagree with a few things

the 1st being kind of childish but ..... that cover was only for the movie promotion i think , i dont think that has any relevance to the direction the story is headed into , also that cover was disturbing , no guy wears a necklace of his friend/brother w/e thats sorry to say but gay ! and not as in bad gay , but homosexual gay! and its going to be even more weird when kids buy those naruto and sauske necklaces and wear them , i mean its one thing being a fan.... anyway getting that out of the way.

the second part-> sauske is not a protagonist ,not anymore and there is no redemption for him , and if there is then ill be severely disapointed in kishi, pretty much because it doesnt even make sense for sasuke to go back to konoha, the dude wanted to destroy konoha, konoha had his clan killed (for whatever reason) plus there isnt much left in konoha for him, except Sakura, who really needs to grow up. i know he thinks of naruto as his brother but .... i dont see them ever reconciling their differences.

next up i think hachi bi is a great character and i sincerely hope that he continues to whoop sauske's butt (ya i detest sauske's character) but... more than likely its a kawarimi (dont ask me how they find perfectly cut wood in the blink of an eye) and sauske ... wont lose to hachibi, maybe he needs to come up with a plan that actually involves all of hebi, so his victory doesnt piss soo many people off, but honestly i dont see any real use of the 8 tails in the manga , i also highly doubt any cheesy alliance that he may make with naruto.

but besides that i agree with most stuff , i hadnt noticed that he wasnt actually holding any swords in his hands , maybe he IS an octopus and is more used to grabbing things with his whole appendages.
him writing the lyrics made the chapter for me

good luck on ur new job and keep up the good work .

Proxy
August 02, 2008, 09:16 PM
Super Special Awsome Review, Pat! I completely agree on you on the "not-a-genjutsu stabbing scene and the motives of Hachibi. I think he'll show Sasuke the PoV of a Jinkkuri and he'll realize that he has more in common with Naruto than he thinks (hence the cover). As for the Fukusaku training I hope that Kishi will finish the training like he did on the Futton Rasenshuriken training (show the trick to it and then skip to the first actual use of the technique. (I like suspense.) But yeah i don't know why did u say this review was gonna be flawed cause it Super Special Awsome to me lol.

patedecarne
August 03, 2008, 12:37 AM
Guys, thanks for the replies! Even on my new job, I won’t quit with my Naruto’s reviews, and I promise to all of you that I’ll put so many efforts as I can…

@neomaster121
Hehe, I wasn’t so clear in the review, but when I talking about how powerful Hachibi is, I was referring to his unreleased form: look at this: Kyuubi is the strongest being on Naruto verse, and Hachibi is only a tail below Kyuubi, and if we assume that the gap isn’t that huge, 8 tails is probably the second strongest. But like you said, we know so little about some characters, and thus a solid statement would be difficult, but for now, at least on chakra aspect, he’s the second strongest;

@Essence
It’s always good to see new faces here and please don’t forget to check out the future reviews! And about your question, yes, it’s a difficult one, but I have some thoughts about it, let’s consider some things:
-If Sasuke was really stabbed, then he won’t be able to do a single move, Hachibi seemed to be aiming for his weak points, like the arms and legs, and being the case, that scenario I was talking about, Hachibi trying to convert Sasuke again, could be true;
-Now we must consider another option: Sasuke wasn’t stabbed. Being the case, I don’t think that was just a genjutsu, not to be that predictable, so I’ll bet on new skill coming from his new eye, this way, the fight wouldn’t be so boring and we’ll see another secret skill! But Kishi has built the most intriguing scenario, that’s for sure!

@Garvan, MAX_COLA_POWER!, Berlin
I think all of you agree with me that we’re in the most twisted situation ever created! From all the past cliffhangers, this is the most, hum, “powerful”… I don’t think powerful is a good word, but let’s just sticky with it. From this point, everything will be just assumptions; we don’t have a single hint about what’ll happen next, but not the slightly idea! Sasuke lying on the ground, genjutsu, time/space, kawarimi: so may possibilities, but without any solid proof. The fight could be a little predictable from now, but what if that’s Kishimoto’s goal? Trying to surprise us by making a predictable fight, when we are thinking that he wouldn’t do another predictable fight. His twisted mind could be that crazy, and unfortunately(maybe fortunately), there’s no way to know about his next move…

@ninjaa
Haha, very interesting your point, and I never thought about this analogy before! But if turns to be true, then we can expect some more years until the manga’s end, because Kishimoto will need a lot of time to develop all of these aspects you’ve mentioned. And your theory is mking think if on some future, Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto will be together again, as team 7. Makes a lot of sense the focus on Sasuke this year, if in the end, he turns to be “good” again. Maybe he’s taking some aspects from regular DB, like the growing development, and the action and fight aspects from DBZ. Mixing all these elements, if done correctly, will give Naruto an epic atmosphere, like you said, and Kishimoto knows that, he wouldn’t do anything stupid to screw up the series right now, at least that’s what I’m expecting.

@anddre
Long time no see, my friend! Don’t worry, I won’t stop the reviews, they’re kind of a passion which I won’t quit!
Konan and Pain at Konoha’s gate; I must confess that when I saw the first spoilers talking about Pain and Konan, I couldn’t get more excited: if one thing will be really great, will be this panel. Do you know how many lives will change after this event? and about its consequences? The development included will be superb as we can see Konoha battling against an invincible(presumably) opponent. This will take epic proportions, and probably Kishi is saving it for the last, to be able to right the arc will total dedication, because so many things will change after it…

@The Flash
Hachibi is the only reasonable option because at this moment, there’s no other person to do such task: Look, Konoha will be busy with Pain and Konan, Naruto will be busy with his training, then there’s no people left. Just now there’s the possibility to see Sasuke returning to Konoha to aid it, but I don’t think he’ll fight with Pain or Konoha: only after seeing a devastated and ruined Konoha, he’ll see why Madara is a true villain, and maybe his heart will b e open. Yes, this could be fanboy’s wish, but on a manga where the author has total control about its plot, I wouldn’t be surprised with this theory;

@Great Demon Bow
Yes, the ninjutsu is almost a must for a warrior like him. It’s interesting to think that he’s only using taijutsu, but I’d risk to say that his taijutsu was just a simple form: even though his stance was weird, I had the impression that he has much more to offer, not only on Taijutsu aspect, but as well with Ninjutsu. That’s why I’m talking that he’s a perfect character to be used on the future!

@lan2cp
Another newcomer here! Please, feel free to discuss here every time you want, and don’t forget to check my future reviews!
About the weapons, yes, maybe this issue was a misunderstanding, maybe some translation error; but if we consider the 8 sword, then I could be his ace up his sleeves, something like: what, do you think that I don’t have any left weapon, but now you’ll see my secret; or maybe his 8º sword could be some chakra extension, huh?
And regarding the tattoo thing, well, people are saying that Kishi is building a stereotypical person, and his tattoo probably has something to do with it. Maybe it doesn’t have any relevance about his power, but some people on real like to draw tattoo to show some strong characteristics about their personality, and seeing Hachibi’s behavior until now, probably his tattoo is just a symbol to show how hard his body is!

@Saifi
There’s no problem to disagree with some things, because I really like to know differents POVs!
When I’ve analyzed the cover, I was just analyzing the words on it.; And to tell the truth, those necklaces were kind of disturbing to me as well, but I was concerned because Naruto and Sasuke would never use such collars; I mean, Naruto is always trying to bring back Sasuke, but using such necklace is too much to bear. Unfortunately, I don’t have any information about this movie, nor its story, but the necklaces things were really weird. And yes, unfortunately we’ll see some people using those necklaces…
Sasuke’s redemption… or not… I’ll confess to you, Kishi is driving me to madness with this aspect: in the past reviews, I was a strong believer that Sasuke’s fate was sealed when he’s decided to attack Konoha, but now I’ve changed my opinion again. I don’t know exactly what Kishi is trying to do, but we need some hints about which path Sasuke will choose, but not a temporary one, we need his definitive path. Or maybe not even Kishi has made his mind about Sasuke’s fate…

@Proxy
Great, Proxy, the jinchuuriki POV, I think, is the definitive argument to convince Sasuke about Naruto’s loyalty! Let’s think that until the current chapter, Naruto and Sasuke didn’t have a true speech about what is a jinchuuriki, and maybe, but maybe, Sasuke knowing the jinchuuriki’ life will change his mind. Compared with Jinchuuriki’s pain, his pain is nothing, and even though Sasuke is too immature, his heart could understand a little Naruto’s feelings. Another wishful desire, but something will happen on this fight.
Regarding the review, I was worried because I couldn’t gave all the focus to it, but seems this review was good, after all!

Bones
August 03, 2008, 01:42 PM
Great review Pat...The question I'm going to ask has nothing to with your reviwe on this chapter, but about how to write a solid chapter review...What are the guidelines you use?????

◆ T.D.A ◆
August 03, 2008, 06:26 PM
Yo this review was actually readable! :p

I dunno I think you might be pissed when you find out it was a genjutsu, but I hope its not the case. Hachibi may not be filler and have an important role, which would be great, though knowing Kishi....

Eddy01741
August 04, 2008, 07:10 PM
How would hachibi be filler? I think you mean a minor character, filler is just shit that makes time pass in anime.

I also hope that hachibi will do something. I mean, we've only seen one other jinchirruiki vs. akatsuki fight in depth and that is gaara vs. deidara. It'd be nice to see other bijuu powers.

Csdabest
August 04, 2008, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't Mind Sasuke comming back to Konoha. He hasn't done anything wrong at all. So there is nothing to be redeemed from. He took out(to everyones Knowlege) Orochimaru, Itachi, Deidera. 3 S-class ninja that opposed a threat to Konoha. Free countless slaves and experiements. Sending them back home to their family. Now he plans on killing danzo and Deidera which have been scheming and have devious plans behind the hokage back. Danzo and the elders want Naruto locked up in a cage for the rest of his life. Especially the elders. Danzo wants Konoha to go on a war path and forcefully take over countries. Danzo and the Elders dont have a place in Konoha. Danzo actually sold secret documents to orochimaru so sai can get close to kill Sasuke behind Danzo's back. His most wrong doing would be killing Danzo and the elders cuz it would destabalize Konoha abit.

Weather you like it or not. All that Sasuke has done has made Konoha and the ninja world a better place. Now that he plans on backstabbing Akatsuki then his rights will outdue his wrongs.

IF Sasuke come abck. I wouldnt mind if he left but on a good note to start his own village in sound and become an Ally to Konoha. They are right next to eachother.

But I think Sasuke used spacetime to get out of the striking blows if it wasnt bushin,Kawarimi, or genjutsu. Showcasing an MS ability.

But I beleive this fight will end in a stalemate or Sasuke winning an sparring the 8-tails asking him to Join. Because I beleive Sasuke is looking to start his own little organization to help complete his goals.

Essence
August 04, 2008, 11:54 PM
I like sasuke but whether sasuke is going back going to konoha is one thing but the second thing is this manga is seeing too much of sasuke. ever since sasuke came in part II, he had more fights and character development than naruto which isn't fair. I think sasuke has reach his peak as a character. his one goal in life was to kill itachi but when he figured his brother good guy all along, he blames konoha. kishimoto screw up, he should have made sasuke go on journey to figure a new purpose in life but instead he made the character a villain now. just when we tought sasuke is a villain now, he reintroduced the very ideas of frienship.

honestly i'm confused. the only reason the current fight is bearable is because of the eight tails. Kishimoto isn't treating Naruto fair, cause he use a bunch to focus on sasuke story only. but when it comes to naruto training, he has to share a chapter with sasuke, worst yet he didn't make it in this chapter. it comes to a point, where i want to know if this manga is call naruto or it was righfully meant to be call Sasuke?

Csdabest
August 05, 2008, 12:16 AM
what Naruto doing is boring. He is trainning. Watching people train is soo boring. Jiraya trained him on his basics building his foundation. To help him grow. We saw what Naruto could do in the beginning. Use Clones better and Big Rasengan. Would you really want to see fights of him abusing KB and Rasengan combination. Kishi has a habbit to show characters with unique abilities and alot of cool ones. Neji got his time, Lee showed what he could do, Sakura showed her strength, Sai and his drawings, ten ten and her weapons. Its just about who has new abilities and the timing,

But Alot of things are pointing to a come back. Maybe even a breif come back. Sasuke hasnt done aything really wrong to not come back. Sasuke has showed he still cares.

I rather see Sasuke MS and 8-trails ability than watch Naruto train just to see the results again later.

Marq
August 05, 2008, 12:55 AM
what Naruto doing is boring. He is trainning. Watching people train is soo boring. Jiraya trained him on his basics building his foundation. To help him grow. We saw what Naruto could do in the beginning. Use Clones better and Big Rasengan. Would you really want to see fights of him abusing KB and Rasengan combination. Kishi has a habbit to show characters with unique abilities and alot of cool ones. Neji got his time, Lee showed what he could do, Sakura showed her strength, Sai and his drawings, ten ten and her weapons. Its just about who has new abilities and the timing,

But Alot of things are pointing to a come back. Maybe even a breif come back. Sasuke hasnt done aything really wrong to not come back. Sasuke has showed he still cares.

I rather see Sasuke MS and 8-trails ability than watch Naruto train just to see the results again later.

Really.. so what would be your thoughts on why kishi is foreshadowing Naruto and Sasuke fighting each other again then.. it's been hinted so many times.

And personally I find the Sharingan boring. I had enough of Sasuke, nearly all half a year of this kid, enough is enough. I hate to sound like the anti-sasuke guy and all, but you really think he went his way to kill the akatsuki for the better of konoha?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT. My butt he did. He wanted to get to Itachi and wanted his whereabouts, and he planned to get the info out of Dedi, and we know how that ended up. Really and whose to say people are satisfied with Naruto's panel? So far Kishi has just been awful with Naruto, but god almightly give me the strength not to accuse Kishi of being biased with Sasuke. Does he really care? So what gives him the right to kill the elders? Just because of what happened? Yeah that's going to make him better than the elders. Killing them. Yeah that's going to fix everything. Last time I checked killing isn't the proper way to end things. Hell look what his little vengenance rengade with Itachi ended up. All that, and he ended up worse. Sasuke isn't "good" if he resorts to killing people just so he can get his venegenace. We all know what's going to happen. It's not as simple as it looks. He can just waltz and kill the elders. Not to mention, what would happen if the elders do get taken out, but a certain group takes this advantage and takes out Tsunade? Certainly Sasuke would be in the blame because of actions, even if he wasn't directly involved with it. And do you think Naruto is going to let Sasuke just go in and do this? Hell no he wouldn't.

Sorry Pat, I"m not seeing Sasuke joining Naruto anytime soon whatsoever. It's bad enough Naruto looks like the beaten up girl in an absuive realtionship..

bu,bubu Sasuke is my friend. It's sickening. Seriously what does it take? He's been stabbed thru his chest, beaten up badly, told to **** off, KB got chidoried.

Seriouslyl what is it going to take for Naruto to stop his dumb little Sasuke chase crap. I mean where they friends really? Hell even in part one, just becaue of some few fleshbacks and stuff and suddenly naruto thinks sasuke is his friend.. sheesh.

Csdabest
August 05, 2008, 01:47 AM
Really.. so what would be your thoughts on why kishi is foreshadowing Naruto and Sasuke fighting each other again then.. it's been hinted so many times.

And personally I find the Sharingan boring. I had enough of Sasuke, nearly all half a year of this kid, enough is enough. I hate to sound like the anti-sasuke guy and all, but you really think he went his way to kill the akatsuki for the better of konoha?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT. My butt he did. He wanted to get to Itachi and wanted his whereabouts, and he planned to get the info out of Dedi, and we know how that ended up. Really and whose to say people are satisfied with Naruto's panel? So far Kishi has just been awful with Naruto, but god almightly give me the strength not to accuse Kishi of being biased with Sasuke. Does he really care? So what gives him the right to kill the elders? Just because of what happened? Yeah that's going to make him better than the elders. Killing them. Yeah that's going to fix everything. Last time I checked killing isn't the proper way to end things. Hell look what his little vengenance rengade with Itachi ended up. All that, and he ended up worse. Sasuke isn't "good" if he resorts to killing people just so he can get his venegenace. We all know what's going to happen. It's not as simple as it looks. He can just waltz and kill the elders. Not to mention, what would happen if the elders do get taken out, but a certain group takes this advantage and takes out Tsunade? Certainly Sasuke would be in the blame because of actions, even if he wasn't directly involved with it. And do you think Naruto is going to let Sasuke just go in and do this? Hell no he wouldn't.

Sorry Pat, I"m not seeing Sasuke joining Naruto anytime soon whatsoever. It's bad enough Naruto looks like the beaten up girl in an absuive realtionship..

bu,bubu Sasuke is my friend. It's sickening. Seriously what does it take? He's been stabbed thru his chest, beaten up badly, told to **** off, KB got chidoried.

Seriouslyl what is it going to take for Naruto to stop his dumb little Sasuke chase crap. I mean where they friends really? Hell even in part one, just becaue of some few fleshbacks and stuff and suddenly naruto thinks sasuke is his friend.. sheesh.

would be one thing if Kishi didnt tell us this was going to happen. Its like someones telling you they are going to kick you in the balls. And when they do you have no right to complain cuz you have had time to prepare.

Weather Sasuke wanted to do it to help konoha or protect them or not is besides the point. All of Sasuke's actions so far has helped Konoha tremendously. Orochimaru was planning and scheming to bring konoha and have it burned. Sasuke took care of that(To everyones public Knowlege) Deidera who was hunting down Bijuu who caught and killed The Kaze kage Sasuke killed him and got rid of him. He was going after the 9-tails as well. Itachi a man who has been known to kill his entire clan in konoha and was apart of akatsuki and was going to hunt down and capture naruto. Sasuke killed him and got rid of him(dont nitpick at the details of the result of the battle)

Sasuke has done NOTHING wrong except become a missing nin.

IF Sasuke kills the elders and danzo. It would be for the better of Konoha. Danzo who has betrayed Konoha just to kill him gave information to Orochimaru and Kabuto. Massacred His clan and wanted Sasuke dead from the get go. Sasuke was only spared cuz of the 3rd and Itachi pressence.

The elders conspired to masscare and kill Sasuke aswell along with his clan. Wants Naruto to be locked up in a prison for the rest of his lives and undermind the Hokage descisions. This is obviously the corrupt segment of Konoha. And Naruto way of shinobi will never be complete in konoha with them still in their positions with their ideals. And or Alive.

Sasuke killing them could possibly harm konoha. But also do it more good once its back on its feat. And it might result in Tsunade dying. Pein is coming to town and She is predicted to die way before Sasuke even steps foot back in Konoha.

If Sasuke kills Danzo. He will be killing a traitor of Konoha, Conspirator of the uchiha clan, and a corrupt stem of konoha. Root was supposed to be disbanded yet he still has it going on despite the 3rds wishes.

If Sasuke kills the elders. he will be killing a conspriator agaisn tthe Uchiha clan. someone who has taken threats against his live along side Danzo, someone who wants to incarcerate naruto.

If sasuke comes back to konoha with out killing them, he will never live in peace and rebirthing his clan would be rougher with them around. so he is removing his obsticles.

If He kills madara, he is killing someones who manipulated his brother,Plans on destroying Konoha, is attempting to manipulate him and wants his 9-tails back which will result in konohas destruction.

All of his targets will better and bring more safety to konoha. Also what was Sasuke suppose to do to the KB. Wave at him and say follow me. No he got rid of it so naruto cant trail him any longer.

Sasuke has shown that he his found of his memories of naruto. At the Bridge When he chidoried the KB he knew his friend and had a light hearted look on his face.

Sasuke Might have a rematch with Naruto when he goes to take out the The elders. And this will bring him back most likely and he will have his show off with Madara. But no matter what way you look at it. Sasuke is on his path to be kicking it with the good guys once again.
[hr]
Also....This isnt the power rangers. Shinobi are bread to kill and follow orders. Naruto was about to kill Haku and Gaara. Kakashi has killed Countless shinobi. He killed that one rock shinobi the sealed Obito faith. SHINOBI KILL. This isnt power rangers mixed with barney where they talk out their issues and hold hands skipping into the rainbow and sip tea by the sunset. The 3rd wastrying to kill orochimaru and has killed Shinobi. Minato has killed shinobi. Guess what. I bet Kushina killed shinobi as well.

Shikamaru has killed people aswell.(hidan) These people are growing up in a kill or be killed profession.

sparsh89
August 05, 2008, 02:22 AM
Firstly, nice review, wasnt your best though:)

Point 1
The part where you said that either its Genjutsu or Sasuke's really stabbed.........
Dont you think it could be something else.............
It doesnt even have to be a new sharingan move, a simple Replacement No Jutsu would suffice.......
Point 2
I agree that eventually Sasugay will become good........ I always thought his role was that of a Tragic Hero, who was misguided, considered the bad guy, but proves his real character by giving a huge sacrifice.......... But its still too early for that........
Hachibi converting sasugay, opening his eyes is not going to happen........ Come on Naruto couldnt do it (and Naruto was his "closest freind", and has really good converting abilities as displayed against Neji and Gaara)...........
The story Needs Sasugay to be as he is so that Naruto has another factor (other than Hokage) to motivate him.......... Eventually if someone will open sasuke's eyes it will be someone from team 7 if not Naruto himself........ Mostly i dont think sasuke will need an eye opener, he is good at heart will turn himself in (to konoha) after he done avenging Uchihas i.e killing the elders....... Though I think that he will die protecting konoha than turning himself in...........
Point 3: My theory on the future Plot
The story has long way to go............ at this point Naruto and Sasuke are both too inexperienced, but will play an important part in the Akatsuki v/s Konoha Arc(they could be the Heros)........... Ya, thats right i think it is an arc i.e there is more to the show than Akatsuki v/s Konoha.............. Currently more than Naruto's training, and Sasuke vs Hachibi, the most important event occuring is Pein's Attack, this will have major reprecussions on the Konoha vs Akatsuki War............

We will have to see who will have the upper hand after this attack........... Mostly it will be the Akatsuki i.e Konoha will suffer major losses from pein's Attack........... The situation will call for a new generation of Heroes......... and in step the new generation of Konoha (with the will of fire ofcourse :) )................. In this War Naruto will turn out to be the most celebrated Hero, with his friends from Konoha who helped him, but I think Sasuke will help secretly, i.e very few ppl will know in the end of this war that Sasuke helped, i.e most ppl will consider him to be a villian.........

chvis002
August 05, 2008, 08:37 AM
Superb review, as always Pat!

I do believe Sasuke will lose this fight but I don't believe that it would happen so fast. As much as I don't like Sasuke the all mighty, he's not that dumb. In his previous fights, he always had a plan and continuing using a sword against an obviously better swordsman isn't really a plan. I think it's more likely that Sasuke used some kind of genjutsu/ninjutsu once he realised that taijutsu wont work.

patedecarne
August 05, 2008, 11:45 AM
one problem after other...
Now is time to bury my PC, it is totally trash now...
probably some kind of virus who screwed up the motherboard, damn!!!!

Sorry if I'm not replying so fast, but with pc in home is really a pain in the ass, afff...

Csdabest, the statement you've brought is perfectly to be discussed: Sasuke's actions until the present moment, and I think it really depends from the user's PoV;

My thoughts about it: while Sasuke really hasn't done anything bad to Konoha, he's betrayed his best friend and his group; From a ninja mind, friendships are useless, the only thing who matter is the ninja's life, and seeing how Sasuke went with Orochimaru to take part in some kind of training just to become stronger, he isn't doing something wrong, after all, ninjas mus be strong in order to survive;

The problem I see here is that Sasuke just messed the most important thing on his life: Naruto and his friends, and not only that, but his life as well;

I think Sasuke took the wrong way because in my opinion, I cannot see a ninja as just a pawn, contradicting the beliefs, I think they're human too, and throwing off their lives for such feeling like revenge is the wrong thing to do;

And just like I said, I think such issue really depends from the PoV, it's really a matter of opinions, and until now we don't know which fate Kishi is saving for Sasuke!

Oh, and for last but not least important, thanks to everyone who're reading my reviews, even though this week I'm not posting as usual(new job and PC matters), it's really a pleasure to see all of you here, and seeing people posting here is really satisfying! And I'll try me best always to write reviews that could be enjoyable to you all!

Saifi
August 05, 2008, 02:03 PM
@ cdbest

Sauske abandoned his village and became a misiing nin and joined the guy who wanted to crush konoha. what he did for his own personal gain isnt "noble" by any means.

and leaving a millitary establishment and going with the enemy is called AWOL, and treason , punishable by death!

Sauske is not a double agent, hes just an Ass, good thing i am not kishi or else id have im executed by konoha!

Essence
August 05, 2008, 03:13 PM
well i'm afraid i have to disagree with you here Csdabest. While i could see sasuke going back to konoha. I could also see him fallen in darkness. I don't think sasuke leaving the village was a wrong thing to do. He needed to get strong so he had to abandon the village,but the fact he did so by pushing his friend away and keep doing so is a wrong thing to do.

while sasuke did took out those who pose threat to konoha, he didn't do so for konoha exactly. he took out orochimaru only because of his Uchiha pride and seeing that orochimaru is not worthy of having his body not because of konoha. He took out deidara only so he could find information bout itachi whereabouts not for konoha. He killed itachi to avenge his clan. The fact that the thought of crushing konoha came into his mind is a wrong thing, not only that i feel that he is using konoha as an excuse for killing itachi.

while the elders are not exactly all good, i feel that that their actions is only to help konoha. this remind me of Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai, leader of the gotei 13,while he is strict,every actions he made was because he felt they would benefit soul society and kept order. The Elders are the same way, they order for the killings of the uchiha clan only so they could keep konoha safe. They wanted naruto lock in a cage because naruto can not control the kyubi and if he were to be capture by the Akatsuki, it would be fatal to konoha. Sasuke cares more for his clan more than he does for konoha or the ninja world.I don't see any reason why sasuke should try to kill the elders cuz the uchiha clan are not exactly innocent. they did plan to take over konoha and plunge the world into war. The elders are heroes in my eye cause they told itachi to kill his clan because they wanted to protect their village and prevent casualties making the world a better place.

Sasuke hasn't exactly made the world a better place and right now he's going more into darkness. sasuke planning to backstab Akatsuki doesn't exactly mean he will become good again, it only prove to me that sasuke arrogance is bigger than ever. The first thing you have to realize is that his loyalty belong solely to his clan. whether his actions are good or bad, its only for the uchiha clan.

if sasuke were to kill the elders or the hokage, the other countries will try to attack leading to a fourth ninja war. disrupting all itachi tried to prevent from happening.another wrong acts on sasuke part, is the fact he 's trying to capture the 8 tails. he's become the very people who hunt those special like naruto just so he can attack konoha. this have to make u think if he still think of naruto as friend?

Sasuke has cross the path of a villain for me the very day he joins akatsuki. while he may still cares for naruto as a friend, his uchiha pridde will overcome their friendship. sasuke has done a lot wrong in his life and because he's to stuborn to admit it to himself and like to blame on others , he continue to do more wrong. Sasuke just doesn't fit as the kind of guy who can be reedeem. Don't get me wrong i like sasuke altough i think naruto training should be the primary focus. i just cant see him settling down in konoha and act like all he done in the past had never happen.

laughing@you
August 05, 2008, 04:06 PM
Sasuke's actions up until now proves how volatile his mind is. Kishimoto said it better with itachi "Sasuke is to pure" In itachi's mind he decimated his family and friends to avoid war. A war that could have brought down konoha it self. And his father was right smack in the middle of all the conspiracy, leading the charge. The uchiha wanted to take control of konoha. So who are the bad guys?

Right now Kishimoto has spent years in this manga only to shows that not everything is as is seems. Itachi was painted as the ultimate villain only to find out he was under orders and was still protecting the village from akatsuki. But then again under who's orders? I know this had been brought up over and over again. I still feel that madara's version of the event was manipulated to gain sasuke as his ally. So there could be a shifting point were sasuke realizes he was used.(If the dumbass doesn't know it already)

My point is that anything is possible.

And Csdabest (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/member.php?u=57362) has a point. Sasuke only wants to kill the elders that gave the order. By Jiraiya's warning to Tsunade of being carefull of root, actually makes yah think of a divided konoha. That there's two agendas in this military complex. And if this battle starts naruto and sasuke might end up with a common goal. I know this is not the anime, but it mentions something about not needing two kings. So there could a really big mess on a showdown between tsunade's party and Danzo's party. Hey this is just some theories here.

Those are my two cents anyway.....

patedecarne
August 08, 2008, 12:07 PM
Guys, only a side note about review 412:

Probably it'll be up only on Sunday, because like I've said before, my PC has become a trash, and I need to buy a new one;

Probably I'll buy the new PC today, or at least tomorrow, that's why the review will come a bit late this week, but don't worry, because I'll write one for sure!

Eddy01741
August 09, 2008, 09:30 PM
Don't forget about the double review for that lesser known manga (bleach).